Speaker 1: Hey, b FF family, We've got some exciting news.
Speaker 2: That's right if you live in Los Angeles. Honestly, even if you don't live in Los Angeles. We will be live, loud and in color at the Allegian Theater on October eleventh. Ooh girl, what's seven thirty pm? And we've got some amazing guests with us too, to celebrate National Coming Out Day and my birthday, which is the day before.
Speaker 3: Ooh girl. Note that's right.
Speaker 1: Join me Joehold, Trevelle Anderson chan Chassell, and Xavier de Lo as we celebrate the BFF experience. Head over to Alesiontheater dot com to get your tickets today.
Speaker 4: Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three oh seven, Episode three of Dead Daily'say Yay production of iHeartRadio. This is a podcast where we take a deep dive into America's shared consciousness. And it is Wednesday, October fourth, twenty twenty three.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, my day. Ten good buddy.
Speaker 5: You know what's funny. I couldn't find anything that was like CBE Radio Day.
Speaker 3: Come on, you think that thing's nailed on.
Speaker 5: Instead, it's Natale Taco Day, National Golf Lover's Day, National Vodka Day, National Walk to School Day, Pumpkin Seed Day, National Cinnamon Bun Day, nothing about ten four good Buddy Trucking CBE radios.
Speaker 3: And then they're just good Buddy Day where.
Speaker 4: You just you know, have you know good give give some props.
Speaker 3: To your good buddies. Yeah, you know.
Speaker 4: I feel like taco Like this being National Taco Day is a mockery, like it's not it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what what are we doing? It's not for us. It's not Tuesday. Yeah in the universe of this podcast, right.
Speaker 4: You know, Taco Wednesday. And I feel like you could tell me you could honestly slide in a National Taco Day. It's like once every two weeks, and I would notice.
Speaker 3: Because it's just such such a it's.
Speaker 5: Always yeah, and also just feels like a little like, I don't know the presumption that it's like and this is America's National Taco Day.
Speaker 3: I'm like, really okay, but yeah, which maybe National Love of Taco Day maybe. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, anyways, my name is Jack O'Brien aka Sipping Cream. Here is your brunching a jar with way more booze in it then beer sipping cream. It's a go waffle flavored and your liver lives in constant fear. Let's get pist drunk first thing in the morn. Let's get pist drunk first thing in the morning.
Speaker 3: That is hard to see a Scouty discord.
Speaker 4: Shout out to Scouty A little reference to Appalachan sipping cream a go waffle. I don't have the whole the whole word, but it's a brand of Appalachian sipping cream. Ego Appalachian Sipping Cream, brunching a jar, just the latest brand of Appalachian sipping cream that has has hit the market. I'm thrilled to be joined by my good buddy and co host mister Miles.
Speaker 5: Grad or Jack Randa, because this one is Miles Gray.
Speaker 4: AKA.
Speaker 5: You don't have to.
Speaker 6: Be rich to egg my go, you don't have to be cool to whaff mouth full early.
Speaker 3: In the morning.
Speaker 6: Have a little nip of that Applealachian cream and yo.
Speaker 3: Sip okay.
Speaker 5: Shout out to Willie Kenny for that one, because yeah, we're keeping it Ego Appalachian Cream. Still can't find it. I called two more places yesterday, Still can't find it. Might not be yo, yeah, because that's because one I asked my local liquor store. I said, yeah, I'm like, this is a long shot, but would you ever carry this? He's like, probably not. He's like, but we get stuff in from like a vendor, like on Mondays.
Speaker 4: Why don't you call back then see if we got it. He's like nah, he's like, we're not getting it. So it's still.
Speaker 5: On the man, still still on the search for that that sweet, sweet Appalachian sipping green.
Speaker 4: Well, Miles, we are thrilled to be joined in our third seat by a very funny stand up comic currently touring Western Canada, a writer, actor and host of the podcast Parenting Is a Joke, which is just dropping season two right now. It's Ofirah Eisenberg.
Speaker 3: Hello, I should have an Appellation cream sipping cream jingle? Are you right?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Are you? Are you aware of Apple Actionians? So now I am, and I'm convinced it's I can't believe I only learned about it on National Taco Day.
Speaker 4: Embarrassment.
Speaker 3: Well, it's also good day, so true.
Speaker 4: You know what?
Speaker 3: Thank you? Yeah, thank you? They go ahead in hand. I love a I love a crisp white Linen vodka. Drink with my taco, with my taco. That's some cultural appropriation right there. I don't think what Mexico has a Do they have a National Hamburger Day? I'm trying to think of like what the equivalent would be they have national days? Or is that just something that was invented by America to by like.
Speaker 4: A calendar company to be like, we know, we sell days and we'll print them on our calendar.
Speaker 3: Got you it does? It does sound like a bunch of people, you know, who are in a knitting circle, you know, embroidering pillows, being like, let's have more days to celebrate, yes or.
Speaker 5: After like our talk yesterday with Douglas Rushkov talking about how like the need for like you know, capitalists to always go meta on a product out of one it's like almost like, Okay, calendars are done, let's go meta. Now let's sell individual days that can be noted on a calendar. Go what do you got fifty bucks Taco Day?
Speaker 3: Fine?
Speaker 4: What day you want? Yeah, well, reinvent Taco Tuesday on Wednesday?
Speaker 3: Though this time that's what Yeah, they know it's Taco Tuesday. So this is a reason to have something on Wednesday.
Speaker 4: This presupposes is what if taco Wednesday?
Speaker 3: Mmmm.
Speaker 4: That was one of the details we didn't get to that I really want to, but this idea, he like goes to all these conferences. We had this writer Douglas Rushkoff on yesterday and he's like, you know, he writes about the tech industry and he is asked to go to all these like conferences and one of the ones he went to was like this psychedelically guided like thing for entrepreneurs and like disruptors, and he's talking about how they here he it made him notice this thing where the tech industry loves to invent things that already exist, and they kept like coming up with these ideas and be like, what if we did like a culturally relevant like more punk rock environmental movement And he was like, oh, there's this one right here, Like that's happening in the UK. They're doing those amazing protests right now. And they were just like getting so frustrated with him because they just like they want to come up with the world changing idea.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, that's Can we also say that we are slowly taking all the fun out of drugs? Yeah totally.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well you got to optimize your workflow and your creativity with the drugs.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, yeah, anyone that is microdosing mushrooms and says that they're better at their work, you're doing it wrong.
Speaker 5: You better have an existential crisis while working. If you're microdosing properly, be.
Speaker 3: Like, I don't know if this is right for me at all. Exactly exactly you're supposed to be, like, screw capitalism, screw the band. Not like I love excels breadsheets.
Speaker 5: It's not supposed to be that way. What if I rebranded Burning Man for rich people? Oh no, that's not an idea.
Speaker 4: It is Oh they did it.
Speaker 3: My therapist has suggested ketamine therapy to me. Have you read about that? And again I was just like, I'm not gonna do special K for the first time with my therapist, right, Okay, it's not how we're doing this. Your therapist is just looking for somebody to do. They are I do?
Speaker 4: This is like a nightclub in Aruba, and well it's all about therapists. Like during the pandemic it all went online. They don't get to hang out with people anymore. So they're just like, would you just come over to my house and do drugs? I have like an unorthodox practice. Where can you go to Ibiza? In like three weeks. We're gonna fucking get through the trauma with some sick.
Speaker 3: In a one big k oh yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: But the other thing from that book was saying like how like he like Douglas was like likening like the just utter misuse in abuse of alcohol to like the you know, advertisers and then the mad Men era too, And that's what now psychedelics are for the tech world. It's like, if you're not a fucking fall down drunk back then or like doing a bunch of psychedelics now, you're not even in the game.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: That's how you prove to people that your head's in the games.
Speaker 3: So ridiculous. Yeah, nine thousand edibles, fifty million, And I love anyone that's like microdosing a lot.
Speaker 7: It's like that's just doing drugs. Yeah yeah, yeah, it's not micro dosing any micro dose. Five microdoses this morning, and I'm feeling great with my coffee. All right, all right, if you're we're going to get to know you a little bit better in a moment.
Speaker 4: First, we're going to tell our listeners a few of the stories we're talking about today. We'll give in We'll talk about the Kevin McCarthy thing, fine, fine, talk about it bad enough, I guess. At this point we'll talk about Amy Cony Barrett's religious group, Flesh Cults, which might be being investigated by the FBI for some shit.
Speaker 3: We will talk about the Sphere. Guys. We saw it.
Speaker 4: We told you the Sphere was coming back when we went to Vegas for our NBA podcast back in the summer, and it has arrived. The first show inside the Sphere happened over the weekend with you two, and I think, like one audience member I think summed it up well when they said I think I'm gonna throw up, which but in the best way possible.
Speaker 5: Did you actually listen? Did you watch that clip? I was watching it to try and try and find the part where the guy says it. But the whole time, this guy's like, oh shit, the roof's coming down. Yeah, Like he was screaming so violent. I was like, this is I don't know if this guy's having a good time or not aware of like how this thing works.
Speaker 4: But yeah, he might have might have been micro dosing. Yeah, with seven X microdosing, the greatest, most effective way to microdose.
Speaker 3: Truly, that guy has always been a fun person at a concert. Everyone's always happy to be standing around that guy for you. Oh my god, what dancing with them? I'm puking my brain? Is this video? Hang on? Yeah? All right?
Speaker 4: We also might talk about cereal is going Cereal sales are going.
Speaker 3: In the wrong direction post pandemic.
Speaker 4: Probably they they're they're even trying pouring orange juice, Like making a cereal that you can pour orange juice on. Gross, looks like shit. Maybe they should be trying Appalachian sipping cream. Yeah, I feel like you could make your own Appalachian sipping cream at home by just taking coffee mate, like the hazelnut coffee mate, and pouring vodka into it. It's just moonshine. It's basically, it's moonshine.
Speaker 3: Bailey's right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yeah, that's all so, Yeah, you probably could. I'm not recommending that. I'm just saying that that it feels like that your own homemade recipe. Everyone can get in on the everyone make their home brew hip and creams.
Speaker 3: Is it for the people that say things like just a little nipsy, just a little nipsy before we go out.
Speaker 4: I mean go out to pick up our kids from their soccer games. Drives three kids back. Yeah, just a little bit, just a little bit, all right. But before we get to any of that ofair, we do like to ask our guests, what is something from your search history.
Speaker 3: I'm currently this is the thing I do when I travel. I look at the top things to do in a city, and then I just read all of the one star reviews of that thing, and just to find out how the town feels about everything. You find out that reading about a museum, you find out they're mad about bike roots. You know, it's I feel like you get a lot of information because you ever has gone out of their way to leave a one star review is usually like you know, there they're on the fringes of the people of good taste and.
Speaker 4: The like yeah, or like lack total self awareness and they just say like it was this restaurant's fault, I'm bad at my marriage, and you're like, right.
Speaker 3: Right, we're just the I love just seeing how dumb people are. Like there was one about a museum and it said, you know, I really like some of the artifacts here, but I've seen them a lot. I would like some new ones. Uh huh, Like, well what the museum?
Speaker 4: Okay, I come to this local small museum every Wednesday, and it's getting old.
Speaker 3: There's a Japanese, beautiful Japanese garden here in Cloda and so on wrote a review of if you want to call it a garden, there has to be flowers. I think the name should be changed. So anyways, I get this is what I'm searching right now. So the Japanese and sandbox, yeah exactly.
Speaker 5: If I just wanted to see a bunch of bond size, i'd watch Karate Kid exactly.
Speaker 3: So yeah, that's what I've been. That's literally what all my tabs are right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just engaging with the best humanity.
Speaker 3: I like reading an excellent review, but I always read the bad ones.
Speaker 4: Well you have to also to understand, like, because sometimes you're like, is this place bad? But then you look at the one star reviews and you're like, oh no, you're just taking your personal stuff out on this place in your review, like oh.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and sometimes they're deserving. You're like, oh no, this place sounds consistently bad. Or the one stars are just like I.
Speaker 4: Told them to bring the birthday cake out after the appetizers and they forgot, and you're like, that's not their problem. It was you were at a museum, sir, my life exactly, never going back. Yeah, it's also good for you get the response from the people who work.
Speaker 3: At the venue.
Speaker 4: My favorite the highest level friendly passive aggression, like just the highest four of capitalist communication, where it's like, oh, Ron, thank you so much for your communication and for we we love that you came here and we're so glad you did.
Speaker 3: Uh, we are so sorry it did not live up to your expectations. If we can do right by you at a future visit. However, there is one there's a weirdly in Canada. There's a kangaroo zoo here, and I was like, that's weird, Maybe I should go to that. And then I looked at the one star reviews and it's like unfriendly staff, owner is unfriendly, like we were treated so badly by the staff. And then the owner is clearly unhinged and writing back to the defending his position. Right, he's like, what you think you think? I'm your indentured servant.
Speaker 4: Responses the best, Oh, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: To the new world. Is that why you feel like I owe you? I don't.
Speaker 4: I think it's easy hanging out with all these fucking kangaroos.
Speaker 3: They're monsters. You met Joey, you try Karen for him, You try it.
Speaker 5: But then there's the other one too, where the management claps back in the best way. They're like, thank you so much, Bruce for this comment. If you recall when you were in the restaurant.
Speaker 3: We remember you asked whole.
Speaker 5: We do not have the capacity to store seventeen ice cream cakes in our freezer, and that's why we recommend it. This may not be the best venue for this birthday surprise, but still go off, sir.
Speaker 3: The cakes were melted.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And as you'll recall, you were racing back and forth between two families who didn't know about you, and one of them you were dressed like an old woman's doubt fire. You've tried to miss doubt fire our restaurant, So it's not our.
Speaker 3: Badge, Sincerely, Cheesecake Factory. That's right ofre What is something that you think is over more than overrated? I feel I've never seen more positive affirmations or motivational messages in public spaces in my entire life. I mean, from a point of view of capitalist branding. You walk into i don't know, a Starbucks or whatever, there's the positive messages everywhere, and I believe positivity has fallen in much like the American flag. Positivity has fallen into the wrong hands. Yes, because it is uh, it's it's like mind control. So I think there's a lot of like gratitude. We all have to be more gratitude, by the way, gratitude journaling, I don't think. I don't know if you guys do it. Have you ever gratitude journaled? No, I'm not.
Speaker 4: I'm not grateful for fucking anything, So I don't say thank you. Point I would, but my life fucking sucks, thank you.
Speaker 3: I have nothing to be grateful for. Yeah, right, it's like all of this stuff, like, come on, just be thankful for the little morsel that you've been given to by your overlords. Anyways, I hate the I think it's all. I think none of it is real. That's right, Yet I think none of it is real.
Speaker 4: I personally like, I feel like I can it's better for me when I am focused on the people around me as opposed to myself and like my own shit. Like it's better for me to just be like, all right, let's let's like hear what they're interested in, what they're what's going on with them, and like that thinking about things like in a grateful gratitude, and that's.
Speaker 3: Not a word.
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 3: I like it can sometimes help me do that.
Speaker 4: But there is definitely like we have a shampoo in air shower that says there the greatest study. It says, release that which no longer serves you, right on the fucking shampoo on the shampoop.
Speaker 3: That's like all it says. It doesn't really like I don't even know if it's shampoo. It's just the real you know. And it's just like such a bottle.
Speaker 4: It's such a bummer like that, Like all these ideas, like any good idea just gets fucking taken and stamped onto a bottle to sell you something that is just chemicals in a bottle.
Speaker 3: It's just chemicals at a bottle that, if you like with the grossest gut, Wow, I love.
Speaker 4: These head chemicals tell me to release that which no longer serves me.
Speaker 3: And I gotta tell you, as a woman, this stuff is like shoveled at you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like it feels like kind of like the Fall of Rome. It's like bread and circuses and affirmations. Yeah, just to kind of stave off the inevita exactly. Fuck the bread and the circuses aren't working. We need another thing to kind of get them to focus on, not the fucking fall right now.
Speaker 3: I I am with you, Yeah, I am totally with you. I'm like shiny, shiny everybody, happy, happy, big smiles, big smiles everybody.
Speaker 5: And I think that's where we're all realizing it's book, because everyone's reaction to it is and like, you know what, I've read this really fun thing at Starbucks.
Speaker 3: It's like, shut the.
Speaker 4: Fuck up Starbucks. To those things, so I don't know if they're working. I don't know if they're working.
Speaker 3: I like, shut the fuck up Starbucks. It's like, that's the story. Yeah, just a T shirt, just fucking a middle finger at the Afroma.
Speaker 4: That's the album cover, middle finger Starbucks, shut the fuck up Starbucks.
Speaker 3: Just with the hair around it of the old Starbucks logo.
Speaker 4: You know, I will say, it sounds like both of you have not yet today this morning released that witch no longer.
Speaker 3: Certain we have not clearly haven't had my coffee.
Speaker 4: That's right, what's something you think is underrated?
Speaker 3: Okay, now it sounds like I'm going in the same direction, but on a different lane. You know, I'm on the road. It is pretty hard when you are eating out of restaurants to eat something that's good for you. So I am not a vegan, but I've taken to finding vegan restaurants wherever I go, even though I really usually avoid them because I'm not a vegan. And I've learned that is the way you get fresh fruit and vegetables as your primary things on your plate. So I'm saying what's underrated is are vegan restaurants for people who are not vegans?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I like it, who like a bit of life in their food rather than something in like a pre made bag that they eat.
Speaker 3: Up and back. We're just slathered. I mean, listen, everything slatterer than butter tastes amazing, but it's just it's not great for you after all.
Speaker 4: Right here? Yeah, yeah, yeah, it does seem to be the secret ingredient and all. Like when you talk like chefs that are like, oh yeah, we put a stick of butter in each totally taking They're like, we're not your cardiologist, and also we don't give a fuck what happens to you. You're a customer, and that's.
Speaker 3: That's all our job is to make food that tastes good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's our job in a kitchen that is completely invisible to you, so you don't know what is happening. But that's a big part of it. That's like what you're paying us to do is just be like, hey, you make the magice, you handle the preparation, and I'll be like, oh my god, this tastes great. I've never had carrots that tasted so translucent with fat.
Speaker 5: There's a there's a subreddit called our Kitchen Confidential, and it's all people that work in kitchens and stuff and like in restaurants, and it's like it's an interesting insight because like you hear people really talk that shit like in the way and like one guy was like being like if people fucking knew, like we're not making health food back here, it's like we're doing it. So you are like, this is fucking delicious, And guess what the secret is? So much butter or salt or sugar that your head would fall off if you really knew, so don't you?
Speaker 3: So yeah, And I'm sure you know the kitchen is doing their own thing, but sunflower seed whatever. But it's just a little different. It's just a little once you say no animal fat, no.
Speaker 4: Animal fat be found, right, And their whole infrastructure is built understanding that like all this shit's going to go bad in you know, thirty six hours, like you know, like that. That so you have to have like a different way of dealing with your ingredients, you know, as opposed to like another restaurant that can just you know, take the week old salmon and.
Speaker 3: Add a vat of butter and it's a yeah, salmon chowder. That's right exactly. That's a great idea.
Speaker 4: All right, let's take a quick break. We'll come back, we'll talk about some stories.
Speaker 3: We'll be right back. And we're back. We are.
Speaker 4: And this story has been knocking at our door for days now, and we've been trying to resist. We've been saying we don't hear you, we don't care about you House Republicans. But there it seems like something might actually be happening.
Speaker 3: It's I don't know.
Speaker 5: I mean, like so all last week, right we didn't really talk about like the potential government shut down because the Maga Republicans.
Speaker 3: Are like, we don't want any money for Ukraine or this.
Speaker 4: Or that or whatever. And we'll shut it down.
Speaker 5: We don't care if kids like miss out on their like social you know, safety net programs and things that we don't care. We don't care if the people that serve us in the cafeteria of the Capitol are laid off, like we look in the eyes. So turns out it all, it all ended up working out because Kevin McCarthy at the last minute pulled off a squeaker and funded the government with the help of the freaking Democrats. So because of that, Matt Gates is now like he's taken upon himself to represent all the maga free in the in the House and be like that's it. He's he's crossed us one too many times, and we hate that he's working with.
Speaker 4: The demon crats.
Speaker 5: He's like, he's actually a puppet of the Democrats, is what he's been saying. Yeah, okay, but now he's basically saying that it's time to call it on his speakership. And if you recall, Kevin McCarthy is not a good negotiator, not only because not only because he is an untrustworthy scumbag that's lower than snake nipples, but also because he is a terrible negotiators just terrible, like even understanding the dynamics or leverage of a negotiation. So on his way to get the votes to become speaker, if you recall, you'll like they did to call like fifteen votes before we find it's like, what do you want, dude, Like, oh, name my kid, Maga McCarthy. If you want, like, just preeze, let me get this. He basically said, here, I will hand you the Maga freaks, a big red button in the form of being able to oust me if one member wants to pursue a motion to vacate this speakership aka get me out of here, then if you got the votes, then fine. And we've come to that moment where now Matt Gates is like.
Speaker 3: We're doing it. I'm doing it, to do it, I'm gonna do it.
Speaker 5: And he needs like less than ten votes right now from his Republican colleagues to be able to oust Kevin McCarthy. Yeah, and so it looks like he's going to be ousted. Well he Here's this is where it gets fun. He would need the Democrat I already stopped listening. Yeah you would, he could be honest.
Speaker 3: I stopped listening. When you turned into James Carbon and said, lowder is snake nipples loaded snake nipples. Yeah, I don't know why, I just had to.
Speaker 5: I've been trying to put that in part, and I was like to, that's the thing when you're dealing with somebody like that, they're loaded the snake nipples and you can't trust him. But the thing is the Democrats would have to save him. And most Democrats have just laughed at this notion where they're like, hey, would you vote? They're like what, and like you Alexandria Kazio Cortez was like, the only way I would even think about it is if he came with some kind of deal to be done. But then still preface that was like, but this guy's lowered the snake nipples, so there's no way we can believe him what he says, because the second he works with us, he goes around and says the opposite thing on Fox.
Speaker 4: So he would need the votes. We will see what happens.
Speaker 5: But like when you look at quotes like this from Democrat Jerry Connolly of Virginia, this is like you would imagine the deal would have to be gargantuan aka impossible we said quote upon examination, I do not understand what any Democrat would find of redeeming value to allow him to persist in the speakership. We should not enable aid or a bet his continuation in office.
Speaker 3: You know when someone pulls out the word of bet. Yeah, yeah, that's big.
Speaker 4: It does sound like this was like a twelve year old trying to write a sentence that sounded official.
Speaker 3: It's all twelve year old. They had like a little Twitter or x yeah yeah, or where it was like bring it on, just did it, like they're having little back and forths like on a school yard. This went on, ye just did it? Yeah, really like it's already been just did it. It's already been brought. It didn't go for that jam of a retweet that would have been yeah yeah yeah. So we'll see where this ends up.
Speaker 4: But I mean, like the vote happened and he didn't get the he does not have the votes McCarthy correct, which seems to be the only place he's comfortable.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, I mean not having the votes. It's beautiful back to my sweet spot.
Speaker 5: Yes, oh yeah, see ays of right now, they tried it, but yeah, just by the he just barely got out.
Speaker 4: Oh so he's still in. But he also the it was not an encouraging vote.
Speaker 3: No, no, got it. Yeah, sorry, just got notification. Well, ye, you're recording the story anyways. Guy like that.
Speaker 4: He's he's only comfortable when he's down in the muck getting mugging it up with them other boys, because heah.
Speaker 3: Just trying to figure out how to best represent the American people. That's all he's trying to do. Everybody, That's all I'm trying to do.
Speaker 4: Didn't know that was a crime, didn't crime? Hey speaking of didn't know that was a crime. That's what Amy Coney Barrett is going to be saying, because the FBI is apparently interviewing several individuals alleging that they were abused by members of the People of Praise, the Christian cult that Amy Coney Barrett belongs to, that got a lot of attention in the run up to her confirmation and not mentioned once.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it got attention from the activists and other people who were just so shook to their core that a creature like this would ascend to the Supreme Court. But yeah, and the hearing people are like, and you're a family woman, right, It's like oh boy, we need not our grandparents to be in those confirmation hearings.
Speaker 4: So apparently the group encourages members to speak in tongues, make prophecies about the future, and expel gay people. So apparently that group not totally on the level, which I think we all find shocking.
Speaker 3: I mean, I feel like the gay people are getting the best deal of all. Yeah you're not allowed cool. Oh hear that?
Speaker 4: Oh no, you're like, oh no way, okay, this.
Speaker 3: Is terrible news.
Speaker 4: But private schools closely affiliated with the group have admissions policies that in effect ban the children of gay parents from attending.
Speaker 3: Very frightening and what right wow.
Speaker 5: But the thing is, though, like it's not we're not sure if it's active, right, because the one thing we know is like it was I think the Guardian confirmed that like five people were interviewed, So but we're still not sure if they're like, is this going somewhere or is it one of those things that like, yeah, we'll look into it and then do nothing.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they tend to they have the ability to just ignore the ship out of some pretty well shitt kavanaf right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they're like, yeah, we interviewed people but we didn't really follow up. Like, so they've been contacted by this group.
Speaker 4: People of what's it called po People of Praise, People.
Speaker 3: Of Praise, People of Praise?
Speaker 4: Yeah, people of Praise. There's also the group People of Praise Survivors.
Speaker 3: That sounds like a first draft. Don't you think that's the first draft of a name for a cult? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Man, I bet it was the result of the longest, most boring meeting of all time when I came up with that.
Speaker 3: Holy shit.
Speaker 4: But yeah, so this group People Praise Survivors are a group that's like designed to call it ten of the claims of sexual abuse survivors and members have been in touch with the FBI. Have been apparently confused that the FBI hadn't reached out sooner following press reports about alleged abuse, which, yeah, it's just all further illustrates how strange it is that her membership in People of Praise never came up in a Senate hearing to confirm her as an appeals court judge.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, it's like on one side, Republicans, there's no way they would bring it up because it's like get her in there right tip the scales of the court and then I'm sure Democrats it's like an optics thing where it's like they don't want to like because this is how they're probably thinking about it. If I question People of Praise, I'm going to open myself up to being painted as an anti Christian like atheist person, and I just don't have the spine for that. I'm also lower than snake nipples, it turns out, so I just don't touch it.
Speaker 3: I just want Yeah, I tried to get into People of Praise and they rejected me.
Speaker 5: So right exactly, and I don't want to mess up my chance in the future by you know, testing expersions on them publicly.
Speaker 3: That's right, they're just jealous, all right. Uh.
Speaker 4: I want to offer an official overrated from from me. Oh, I know we usually save those for Monday, but yeah, Roman Concrete, there's a new AP story about how they're trying to figure out the secret to Roman concrete and they just made a breakthrough earlier this year in a study where they found out that it is self healing, that it's able to heal it's own cracked that story. We've like covered that story multiple times like over the past five years, Like it keeps coming up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the last time was the beginning of this year, okay, where they're like they've cracked the code, and when I was like, this is like nine months old the story. Yeah, at the very least, because for people don't know, we're not Roman concrete isn't like a new street drug. We're talking about the concrete that the Romans used, yea, that they were using. Because everyone's like, look, thousands of years it's still standing. They must have a secret to their superior concrete.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So, like just yesterday there was a new ap story being like another breakthrough and it's the same shit that we've seen before that like nothing has changed about the story. They acknowledging the story. Also some things that we didn't have before, like that it couldn't hold over three stories like it if you tried to build a building out of Roman concrete today, it would crumble.
Speaker 3: Now it sounds like all the buildings in New York, right, and if they're all Roman concrete.
Speaker 4: Yeah. But so part of the reason it survived as long as it did is because Rome was basically abandoned for like it went from the center of the world to like thirty thousand people and like livestock just roaming the streets. It just immediately like there's the fall of Rome and then nobody wanted to live there anymore. So nobody was building new buildings, like nobody was trying to knock down the old buildings to build the new buildings. So like in the article or in an article I read, they compare it to London, which like all the old buildings in London for the most part a got knocked down, like because they were building new buildings. But like Rome, nobody was fucking with it. So that's why we have the ruins. Yeah, I think you'd have to go to like Bath to see like Roman relics anywhere like in it, or at least that's the closest thing I've.
Speaker 3: Heard of the crackout Poland that wasn't it has a super old you know, buildings and architecture purely because it wasn't bombed to shit.
Speaker 7: Right yeah, yeah, exactly, yeah, And so it's like, oh, it's like, well, actually it's just it wasn't destroyed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not that it made it, it wasn't destroyed.
Speaker 4: Just nobody was really fucking with Rome like that.
Speaker 3: But the one thing I love about the Roman cement Roman concrete. I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: Cement is the street drug. That is the is wild.
Speaker 3: It's amazing.
Speaker 4: It will optimize your workflow. Actually, it makes you so effective at spreadsheets.
Speaker 3: HR meetings with that. Let me tell you, they just fly by. Is that?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 3: It was like, right, they have these limestone chunks in it. Is that it? And that's why it's self healing. There's like chunks in it. And that's one of the theories. That's one the theories. But I just love it when people look at the way things were constructed in the past and they just go, oh, you know, like in this case, they're like it's all lumpy because they were dumb and they just didn't stir well. Right, It's like, no, no, that's that's They weren't just bad stirs in the past. It just evolved be better at stirring. Yeah, yeah, that's my take.
Speaker 4: I think that's that was our secret. But so the points out that like a lot of their cement mixtures are different, Like you check one sample and a different one and like they're like, it's weird. They put like a bunch of beer in this one, and then this one has like a lot of piss in it and we're not sure why. It's basically like the experts in this article are like, yeah, they didn't. They were just like trying different shit like seeing what worked. And obviously the buildings that worked are the ones that lasted, and everything else crumbles. And we're giving them credit for like being masters of concrete. But they were just like trying a bunch of different shit out seeing what stuck. The stuff that stuck was able to last because nobody was trying to like knock it down to build a highway to help with you know, luxury housing. There was no luxury housing going up.
Speaker 3: I would put the beer one neck near the piss one. I'm sure those two different mixtures were happening pretty such were it was.
Speaker 4: Across the street, across the street. But yeah, I guess what. One of the things that doesn't get brought up a lot is like you can find examples of this where architecture has lasted for a long time, but it's in India, and you know, India doesn't. The colonial brain doesn't like to think about India having figured stuff out. They like to think about Rome, right, men are supposed to think about Rome every day?
Speaker 3: Is that? Is that what we're being told by because the Romans didn't have any any slaves working on those things. Those all people that were pretty they were selling good jobs, volunteered happily. Yeah, because they just believed in the project. You know, it's a shame we don't have that kind of work ethic now, believe I know.
Speaker 4: So, Like just a quote from the article describing the two processes Cecilia Pesche Materials scientists at the University of Sheffield in England said they'd toss just about anything into their mixes, talking about Roman architects as long as it was cheap and available, and the ones that didn't work out have long since collapsed. But some materials seemed to show more intention, like in India, where builders crafted blends of local materials to produce different properties. According to like a civil engineer at the the Lore Institute of Technology, in humid areas of in India, builders use local herbs that help structures deal with moisture. Along the coast, they added jaggery and unrefined sugar, which can help protect from salt damage, and in areas with higher earthquake risks, they used super light floating bricks made with rice husks. They know the region, they know the soil condition, they know the climate, so they engineer a material according to this. Yeah, how much piss is in it?
Speaker 3: Though? Exactly how much vodka? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Just dumping it in?
Speaker 3: And what should you put in that one? I'm drunk, man of no idea?
Speaker 4: How did we lose the recipe for roaman concrete because.
Speaker 3: You gave it to Daryl. You gave it to Daryl Daryl. Yeah, I know. It is kind of funny that this nothing was passed along stories, tons of folks tales, we have mythology, but not one. No one decided to write down how you were making your cement.
Speaker 4: Not a person, yeah, just pee, just some pe man, you know what it is? Yeah, no limestone or volcanics.
Speaker 3: And I don't.
Speaker 4: Just piss.
Speaker 3: I think it's my magic piss. Is that.
Speaker 4: Anything?
Speaker 3: The one man who pissed into all of us structures?
Speaker 4: Could you imagine? Like if that really really Someone's like, yeah, I think it's the piss dude, right, But then they're too embarrassed to pass it down at the end of the generation. Wasn't writing that one down?
Speaker 3: Huh? Yeah, wait till they find out it wasn't it wasn't uh, it wasn't you know, the leader, and it wasn't the strongest man. It was the librarian. Yeah right, we would get Mabel out here. I don't know something about it. It has she has a lot of cats. Might be I don't know. Is that the t she likes tea?
Speaker 4: Yeah, But anyways, apparently we're supposed to be thinking of Roman the Roman Empire every day, and I just this is my excuse for why I don't think about the Roman Empire every day. I just think it's never occurred to me to think about the Roman Empire.
Speaker 5: Like when I first saw that thing, like the TikTok trend of like dude, dudes be thinking about Rome.
Speaker 4: I'm like, maybe is it is that. I don't know how the White are thinking about Rome.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I guess just a good model of something else that has fallen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I do think, like, you know, there it's an ancient culture that is also you know, a like full of self devouring cannibals of consumption like we are.
Speaker 3: And exactly.
Speaker 4: Towards the end of Rome, they had an insatiable urge for micro militarism to go outside their borders. And just deplete their resources. I don't know, it doesn't sound like they anything anyway, Guys, release all that to you, which is no longer useful. Thank you, and also watch season three of Love Is Blind and enjoy National Taco Days.
Speaker 3: Do you like your hair shiny? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Chemicals. All right, let's take a quick break and we will come back and talk about our Roman concrete, the Las Vegas sphere, the monument to I think this is the monument, like the ultimate, the furtheringest of capitalism that we've gotten. This is, this is the peak, and it's not necessarily a good thing.
Speaker 3: We'll be right back and we're back Miles.
Speaker 4: You can you can, as you can attest we were in Las Vegas together. I wouldn't shut the fuck up about this, fere.
Speaker 5: No, you wouldn't the amount of pictures you were taking to to be like, oh, my kids got to see this.
Speaker 4: It's an eyeball. Oh it's a basketball. Now it's.
Speaker 3: Do you get a picture? Ship? I didn't get a picture.
Speaker 4: It's a basketball.
Speaker 3: Yeah it was.
Speaker 5: I mean because at first we're like, oh, yeah, that thing exists, and then when you really looked at you're like, this.
Speaker 3: Is fucking freaky shit. Man, it's really weird. Yeah.
Speaker 4: It really feels like a thing has been photoshopped onto into a skyline a landscape.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, I didn't. I only saw the beginning construction, I guess of it when I was in Vegas, so it just looked like a hole. Yeah right yeah. So now it is like a.
Speaker 4: Glowing orsh on the on the skyline, on the horizon, and it's open for business.
Speaker 3: Baby.
Speaker 4: I mean it's been open as a as basically a spherical billboard for a while, but now you can go inside it and watch you two and you know, feel like you are engaging in the worst mushroom trip of all time or the best. I don't know, Like I feel like maybe you should be on mushrooms to see this to get the full effect. But the visuals, whoever conceived of the visuals was on mushrooms, Well you know who.
Speaker 5: You know who it is, It's Marco Brambia. The second I thought, I was like, this looks like Marco Brambia's work, because if you stay at the Standard in New York and you've been on the he was like he stitches together all kinds of like moving like you know, cuts out frames from films. Also the fucking director of Demolition Man. Okay, right, yeah, well he only made one film because he was like, I'm an artist, like, watch me do some trippy shit with Demolition Man. And then he had to interact with the studios and he's like, I'm fucking dumb, like he is to get to chime in on my work that ain't art.
Speaker 4: I'm out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And so he only made Demolition Man and now he just does like if you can again, I always say this when his work comes up. If you ever have the chance to see any of his like installations, they are mind blowing. Yeah, but this I feel like I don't think people could handle the statue of Liberty sized spear version of his work, because yeah, people were like, I don't know, it is cool. Yeah, It's like I don't it looks amazing.
Speaker 4: It's another one of these like dissonance things. The same thing with like ex Twitter, like where like I still like Twitter because the people on there are funny and the stuff like I don't have. I can still hold the the fact that like I'm rooting against Elon Musk and the people who are behind like the ruining of Twitter, and also like still think that Josh Gondleman is a delight like that, you know, and like similarly, like it just sucks that we have to like have these clashing ideas. But like James Dolan is truly the worst. He's the MSG guy. He's his dad invented HBO and he has just inherited all his money and power and uses it to like surveyal people and be in the sickest band of.
Speaker 3: All time JD in the Straight Shot yep. But yeah, it's just it's truly he's clearly very happy. He's a happy guy. Yeah, he's just surveying people. He's not paranoid or insecure or has a problem with haters or anything. He's like, I mean, that's so just to go back to the sphere, just to give because I I haven't seen it firsthand, and I get the I have like a concept of the scale of it, but are and I looked at the videos of people at the U two concert, but is it projections.
Speaker 4: Or are there like it's all led all high death led screens like super high deaf.
Speaker 3: It's like one giant television.
Speaker 4: Screen basically got it, Yeah, with extremely high definition. Yeah, and yeah, I mean the it cost two point three billion dollars to make. Hey, hey, come on, go with the price they said it would cost first a billion dollars. Yeah, it's gonna cost a billion.
Speaker 3: Oh I love that contractor, I love that contractor. Yeah, I mean clearly, you know, clearly he wasn't dealing with the most sane client. But you just know that thing where it's like, what do you mean this is gonna cost more money? Well, you know, it turns out put in the curvature near the top there was a harder we anticipate it.
Speaker 4: I mean, I can, oh, I can get it to you with your budget, but it's not gonna look great.
Speaker 5: All right, all right, fine, fine, fine, fine, And I love though to that point, like that, the hiding of the ballooning costs got him also in trouble because he was trying to like obscure or that fact from shareholders.
Speaker 4: Yeah it's fine, it's it's coming in at budget. Yeah, So that's he was spying on and firing anybody who worked on the project who would who wanted to like tell people how much it was costing. But just generally, like the footage from inside does make me like I'm like it feels like, Okay, this is a moment of excess that like has to be experienced.
Speaker 3: I mean, so let's let's put it in a different decade. Blaggio Fountain, right, I think. So the last time I was in Vegas, of course I was walking by the Blagio Fountain. Still a huge attraction. It is obviously, you know, grand on all these levels. But there was all these people that I was speaking to that are like, oh, yeah, they're going to drain it. And it's because there's a drought in Las Vegas, and so the evaporation of the water is so high that it doesn't like they can't recycle it and keep the height of that crazy water feature. They have to keep feeding it. Well, they have to keep feeding it water, which is incredibly expensive. Wow, all the other problems but incredibly expensive. Well there's this, so there's this motion to drain the Blagio Fountain, which then makes you go, but that's this iconic, like kind of over the top spectacle of Las Vegas. What could possibly replace it? Yeah?
Speaker 4: R exactly, Yeah, about the most electricity ever pumped into a single geographic location.
Speaker 3: It's not water.
Speaker 4: But I like how they're like, well, it's going to use also, you know, for all my enviros out there, it's gonna.
Speaker 5: Use all solar power open, is it? Yeah, well, don't read the fine print. What does the fine print say that won't that's not.
Speaker 4: Even on the table until like twenty seventeen or twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 3: It's like the fine Princess will kill all wildlife and nature around it within forty thousand meters a sudden after that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, one, yeah, I think it's really bad for wildlife. Like, so one of the complaints is this is really bad for wildlife, right, Like that's too much light, it's too bright. It's gonna fuck everything up. On the other hand, if you're going to do that, like the Las Vegas strip like does feel like I don't know, you can if you're driving to Las Vegas at night you can see it like glowing on the horizon where it even comes over the horizon. It's like, well, weirdly it's daylight over to the east right there.
Speaker 3: But I don't know.
Speaker 4: He he seems like a real fucker, James Dolan. It's a bummer, the ultimate fucker. Truly seems like the ultimate fucker. And that's why I think it's peak capitalism because he's not self made. He's like avowedly like inherited his dad's money and his dad's power and then just like used it to build to be like a complete asshole, Like he's the he kicked a woman, like a woman who was trying to bring her daughter to a rockets concert at Madison Square Garden, like was held at the entrance and like her daughter had to go in with like other family friends.
Speaker 3: Because what what did she do?
Speaker 5: Because she was she worked for a law law that was representing like a party that was filing a lawsuit against him in a completely unrelated case. But it just it the facial recognition thing. Just spot her and be like that's an op getter.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean I know this happens over and over again, and so I'm not saying anything new, but it's like these iconic comic book villains Lex Luthor, you know that we have had and then you just see them. Yeah, have you just made them right? Yeah, like facial recognition like all of like crazy technology madmen with technology. Also, I think it is fitting that you two will say what you want about the muse. I have no problem with you two. His music but like to be the kind of band that is the big, big opening act. I guess you know. It's like I can see the thinking there. It's like who just shoved an album into everyone's email, Let's get it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yeah, they love it. They love it. They love a big spectacle like behind there sure concerts. Yeah, it's a good point that like at a certain point in the twentieth century, we had like these movies with superheroes and supervillains, and like both of those things were unrealistic, and now we only got one. Now we have the supervillains. The supervillains all came true. It's just the superheroes. We never got those.
Speaker 3: And this and this guy is a sci fi like, right, that's part of his evil vision is based on his love of sci fi. Right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it's based on a Ray Bradberry book that he read when his dad was busy inventing HBO and not paying attention to him. In it, like it invents a Holow deck, Like Ray Bradberry like invents this technology, Like that's a high definition Holi deck where like it basically comes to life and I think lions eat the parents.
Speaker 3: And he like specifically is like that's the thing I liked.
Speaker 4: He's like, well, I was impressed by the parents getting eaten by lions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so delightful, just delightful.
Speaker 5: You think he like the first time like the thing came online, he's like, hey, play the video and everybody give me five minutes alone in the sphere. And it's just like a rendering of his dad getting like mauled by lions. And he's like, okay, all right, we're good here. All right, let's test the YouTube visuals.
Speaker 3: All right, let's say, you know, there is a call for sci fi writers to start writing happier, I don't know, more positive visions of the future, because there is a theory that all this dystopian villain destructive tales where that we're literally fulfilling the prophecy because that's the only visional of us humans have.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's that's I'm like, oh, we're gonna blame Octavia Butler now for being the goat.
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 5: I don't think so half of this ship was just gaming it out into the future. Like let's see, based on our where you seemed to be headed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think this is where this ends up with.
Speaker 5: Hey, no, you shouldn't have articulated that, or else I wouldn't have the idea.
Speaker 4: To fucking crush people with my company.
Speaker 8: Therefore, yeah, the writers, the artists, Yeah, yeah, yeah, why do you have to like, look, why do you have to have comment on the situation in a creative way like that?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 4: I hate this stuff. I do think it would be good if sci fi writers would start like writing more specific, solution based visions of the future that weren't just like and then everything from bulls right, remember when the robots helped people?
Speaker 3: Right? Yeah, yeah, exactly. Oh god, the biggest scariest movie I've ever seen in my life. Yeah, that was a rough one, still is.
Speaker 4: But yeah, Dolan's you know, he is a major Trump donor. He's also he also uses the Donald Trump method of like making these massive projects but not paying anyone. Like he's in litigation with a bunch of contractors who are like, he doesn't pay us. And he was brave enough to not open his mouth at all after George Floyd was killed. I think he was the only end.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no comment on that. Yeah, And it's because I'm it's because I'm against it. I don't even need to say it.
Speaker 4: You guys know, you got. Don't read my past comments or my political donations. You guys know where Matt.
Speaker 3: Well, no wonder the contractors are adding another billion highwood too.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, this guy that probably just offsets the losses of not being paid, you know what I mean. It's like, I don't know, I charged two billion to get one, so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm sure I love but just that's such a great thing to say. Can you imagine someone be like, well, how much more will it be in just going a billion?
Speaker 4: Ye?
Speaker 3: Just carry the one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it looks like it's going to be a billion one billion ability to a billion.
Speaker 3: Like conservatively, Yeah, yeah, giving you a deal.
Speaker 4: Hold on, your name's William, because this ship's a billion what sorry, it's going to be a billion dollars. He's also yeah, he's like, I we need to like find one security officer who's worked for Dolan, who's been who like is willing to defy their NDA because like he he his security officer like spied on his own exacts. It is reading their emails, covertly recording them in order to manufacture reasons to fire them, to keep the costs of.
Speaker 3: The sphere under wraps.
Speaker 4: So like he basically would just keep hiring and firing people so that nobody saw that. It started at one billion dollars and was ballooning to two point three billion dollars if you just like keep firing people over and over, Like the one sphere in Las Vegas, middle of the desert, in a place that already is the light pollution capital of the universe, is probably like, if you're going to do it, that's the place to do it. He's also trying to do it in like the UK and London. He's trying to like, could you imagine having this in the city that you live in?
Speaker 3: I can't even stand the uh sort of in New York, like the not quite full dispensary pot stores that just cover their entire facade with the LCD lights right because there's so bright, right right right, crazy bright on the street. Oh my god.
Speaker 4: This like the site that they've chosen in like East London or West I forget where they're Like, it's surrounded by they say, three blocks of residential housing, Like it's just gonna be in the middle of a neighborhood and the best they've done is offer residents blackout curtains, Like, hey, I thought this was a problem. Never mind, No, no, it's just that they had solved it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 5: But luckily all the people are like, fuck right off with that offer, Like there's no way I want, Like I wouldn't. I don't even wish that on my enemy, to have the fucking a spear in the middle of their neighborhood.
Speaker 4: But we shall see. I mean, they're a way more opposition to that one because.
Speaker 3: Its greats to the sphere. Oh well, yeah, and have you go do some Roman concrete therapy and that's right, you know, heal yourself like some cement.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're just gonna blast affirmations at you for fucking five hours in there, and hopefully you guys don't fucking think about turning against capitalism, your freaks.
Speaker 3: It's right, thankful you're allowed to exist.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that you've made it to this era of human existence, you're fucking welcome.
Speaker 3: I think Dubai also probably makes sense. And then we'll leave it there. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and also that this should only exist for like a couple more years until everyone like has the collective mind shift of like, my god, that is a grotesque amount of electricity that yeah, has to be coming from somewhere. Maybe maybe the sphere will be the site of the coming proletarian tribunals against the business owners of the world, and we that's it's like our new Hague.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love that you're writing positive sci fi right now than you're.
Speaker 4: Doing exactly, thank you, and then yeah, exactly, and the proceedings will be projected on the outside for all those to see.
Speaker 3: Even from it. We learned a way too. Actually, instead of converting solar energy, solar into energy, LCD light into the kind of light I can I don't know, be used for organic farming. You, I don't know, I just need it.
Speaker 4: Well, if you're Eyesenberg, such a pleasure having you on the daily, Where can people find you?
Speaker 3: Follow you all that good stuff. You can follow me all round at the all the socials at ophirah E. And if you like making fun of positive affirmations, I do that by attaching my own little post it notes to positive affirmations with my response around town every week. So go to my Instagram you can check out Parenting podcast. Parenting is a joke on iHeart new episodes every week and yeah, my tour dates also are announced up through my socials. There you go, heure in Western Canada. Keep an eye out. Well, I'm all over Oh we gots I gang all over Canada.
Speaker 4: Pull up.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah. And is there a work of media that you've been enjoy I too have been looking at my Instagram a lot, and there is a comedian who does a lot of stuff. It is parenting focused, but I think funny to all as I like to say. Her name's Caitlin Murray and her she has a podcast and her stuff on Instagram is under Big Time adulting and it is. It's funny. It's I hate using the word I reverence, but I'm going to use it a reverent But it's also it's mean in the right direction. That's what I'm gonna say. It's got that little edgy meanness. But it's all I'm always I guess I agree with it. Okay, Yeah, there you go. So it is funny. It's just funny stuff. She's very funny and very prolific. Awesome. Miles. Where can people find you? What does the work of media you've been enjoying?
Speaker 4: Uh? You can find me Twitter, Instagram at Miles of Gray.
Speaker 5: You know the basketball podcast Males and Jacko Bam boost these you know the true crime show The Good Thief and if you like ninety Day Fiance, check out for twenty Day Fiance.
Speaker 4: So we're doing it. We're doing the Lords over there.
Speaker 5: Let's see, uh any media I've been liking. No, I just I just finally finished the last season of Top Boy and what a what a what an ending to a storied series and also annoying this ship out of her majesty because I keep talking.
Speaker 4: Like I'm a row mine in it. Get my food, bro was my piece brother.
Speaker 3: And she's just like, you're so stupid.
Speaker 4: Just please answer me like normally did you be the pets?
Speaker 3: And I'm not. I'm not a waste mine, right, I feed my pets.
Speaker 4: Min Yeah.
Speaker 5: So shout out to everybody because I see on my TikTok stream I'm seeing constantly just videos of someone who has been infected by Top Boy talk and they're annoying the ship out of their family by doing it.
Speaker 3: So I love it.
Speaker 4: Shout out to all you. You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore. Obrian tweet I've been enjoying the author. Seamus O'Reilly at shot Proof Beats tweeted one very underrated pick me up is deliberately mispronouncing things. Commit to saying arples and banana and ours and you'll see results in days only. Ever, Pronouncing Moby as mobby has been an absolute game changer from my mental health, and I'd recommend it to anyone mispronunciations. The best mobby is a fun one. Yeah, I think I can go with that from Lobby Love Lobby. You can find us on Twitter at daily Zeikeeist. We're at the Daily Zeikeeist on Instagram, we have Facebook fan page and a website daily zeikeist dot com. We'll post our episodes and our footnote where we like off to the information that we talked about in today's episode, as well as a song that.
Speaker 3: We think you might enjoy. Hey Miles, Yeah, Hey Miles yeah. Is there a song that you think people might enjoy?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, I was just listening to some vaper wave and uh, you know, just it's like post music music, like a lot of it. I listened to just sounds like the themes, like the soundtrack of like a haunted food court in them all. But this artist is called Lush Crayon but in Japan, but also like a lot of like vapor weighted artists use Japanese like like characters in their name, So he goes by Kure, which means in Japanese nuguda me is like a stuffed animal. But the English name is Lush Crayon, And I'm like, do you think you were plush Crayon?
Speaker 3: Is that what you're going for?
Speaker 5: Because the two do not match as a bilingual person here, but anyway, it's still interesting. Like background music, this track is called Lisa l s A by Lush Crayon.
Speaker 3: Check it out now.
Speaker 4: When you say a haunted food court, is the food court abandoned or is it a crowded food court that just has ghost It's up to you.
Speaker 5: So when I say a haunted or like, I picture like you've broken into a mall, but there are still like apparitions, you know, using the food court and you're like, god, shit broke.
Speaker 2: The fuck's going on in here?
Speaker 4: So I always wonder that about like haunted places. Are they do we just notice that they're haunted because they're so quiet because everybody left already and everything else is haunted, but we just can't hear the ghosts because everyone's talking and being loud. Or is the haunted food court, like like ghosts are right, are like animals, wild animals. They prefer the quiet. They're like, I don't falk away from these people anyways to teach their own teaching. We'll just have to wait for science to answer that question for us.
Speaker 3: The Daily Zeitgeist is a production of iHeart Radio.
Speaker 4: For more podcasts from iHeart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, wherever you.
Speaker 3: Listen to your favorite shows.
Speaker 4: That is going to do it for us this morning, back this afternoon to tell you what is trending, and we will talk to y'all then.
Speaker 3: By iy