Speaker 1: Comedy Off Broadway and Lexington welcomes David Cross July twenty fourth and twenty fifth, Then catch Jeff Allen July thirtieth through August first, and don't miss Brent Turhoon August seventh and eighth. Comedy Up Broadway opened in downtown Lexington in nineteen eighty seven, and they're still bringing the best and stand up comedy to the area thirty nine years later. Four tickets called eight five nine two seven to one joke or visit Comedy Off Broadway, dot com Comedy Off Bay.
Speaker 2: Welcome everyone. It is Kentucky Sports Radio. Wednesday, July the twenty ninth. I'm Matt Jones here on a beautiful day in Lexington, Kentucky. You can give us a show on the Clark's Puppet Shop Fall line eight five nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven. Love to Chat with Yeah a vision Auto Glass text machine seven seven two seven four five two five four In this asision sponsored by the TJ. Smith Law Office called TJ He'll make him Pay. I've got Drew and Ryan Shannon is on vacation, so Rick is manning the thees guys. Wonderful to see you. We are two days away from Billy's bachelor party, and it's yesterday was hot and uh TBT finals tonight fired up? Well, Alumni confusing. So there's alumni finals and then there's the anybody who wants to play final?
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, looking forward to another one at historic Memorial COLISEU. I'm gonna be rocking tonight, Mario. It's a whiteout, right, a white.
Speaker 2: Out light out for everyone except Mario, who refuses to dress in the colors, even though he's part of the staff. When the colors are announced, he then wears orange or whatever other color except what they've announced.
Speaker 4: He is mister TBT and yesterday when Khlil Witney was in here, he lit up. Clion will lit up when you mentioned Mario to him yesterday. They love mar They love Mario.
Speaker 2: Yes he is. One of these years he's going to be playing like Marcus. Lee's gonna say he's playing. He'll back out. They'll bring out Rio. I like that. They have thirteen turnovers. They had a media day.
Speaker 3: For media to do interviews like two weeks ago, but Mario just keeps showing up and doing his own interviews.
Speaker 2: The bill to rules about media access, it's everyone except Rio.
Speaker 4: Underscore five, he gets the head coach. He just walks in, gets the head coaches down with you for several minutes.
Speaker 2: Well, tonight's a big one. I think, Uh, you know, Kentucky versus Kansas. Someone got suspended for that melee. Okay, but I don't think it was a Kansas guy. No, which it's all keen. They'll probably never let him play again. And they basically said you can never play again because you punched a woman in the face, which, by the way, reasonable, She's not punch for real.
Speaker 3: Oh she's the player he hit, and the woman are pressing charges on him. She broke her nose, spent the night in the hospital press charges. Yeah, he got on Twitter and flexed about it too, not a great look flexed.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I can't say what he said on radio. He said number two a blank. I knocked his blank down. Oh fill in the blank.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you know, when you let me, I want to think through the law here for a second, you know, I remember Do you remember what I told you a long time ago? Ryan, my torts professor, used to say, was the only thing certain in the law. No, he used to say, he was British. I'm not going to try to do a British accent.
Speaker 4: I thought you you gotta get set back, and you're getting ready to do it.
Speaker 2: You got to give me one, give me a British accent so I can do a British accent. I have to mimic it. No, this is all you the Queen. There you go. No, he used to say. The only thing certain in the law is if you get hit by a flat foul ball at a baseball game, you cannot sue. Yes, okay, so if you're in a basketball game and you get fouled during the act of play, you do not have a lawsuit. If you get in a fight during the game, it would have to be pretty egregious for you to have a suit.
Speaker 3: But this was after the game. Doesn't matter that it was a non participant in the game too.
Speaker 2: But then there's something called assumption of risk. So if the game was going on and you just walked on the court during the game and then took a charge even though you weren't you know, even though you weren't part, you assumed the risk by walking out there. But this is during the handshake line. So if I were her lawyer, I would say it's normal for non players to be in the handshake line and you don't expect to be punched. So I think she will have a civil claim. Now, whether that's criminal charges, I mean it might be because it was after the game and he just punched him in the face. It wasn't part of the game. So the dude might, as my grandma would say, Mike, go to the pokey.
Speaker 4: That is interesting, he explained it because they are on the court, but yet the game is over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so like so take the remember the Malice in the Palace? Oh yeah, we I've used that in my class as an example. So it was a hard foul, I believe, right. And then was it who threw the first punch? Ben Wallace?
Speaker 4: Don't remember that.
Speaker 2: Anyway, the punch right after the foul probably not a charge even though it's not the game. It kind of came from the game. But when was it our test that ran in the crowd. All those people could have sued him because you're not assuming the risk when you go sit in the crowd, You're gonna get punched in the face. We're about to go through a couple of Well, well, he could be a cause, he probably he probably wouldn't be able to win a suit. But he might even say, look, I yelled stuff. That didn't mean that people yelled stuff at the game all the time, right, So the malice in the palace is a good I've used that on my final exam before, not because there's a right or wrong answer, just because there's a lot of different situations of who could potentially have a case.
Speaker 4: So if you're the judge in this case, I would.
Speaker 2: Say, for the woman, I think she has a claim. I don't know if the guy on the other team does maybe, but I think the the lawyer for the guy that punched him might say, well, there was already a fight. There was a fight earlier in the game. But I think the woman probably has a claim. Okay, she got rocks too. It's the remember when we've talked about the eggshell skeleton skeleton rule.
Speaker 4: I think I remember this.
Speaker 2: That means like, let's say I punch you, but you just happened to be weaker than every other human being on Earth. You take your victim as you find, meaning if you just happen to be weak, and so I just tap you and you fall to the ground and crash, that's on me. I gotta assume who I hit could be weak. So like she he just even if he wasn't trying to hit her, he's got to assume, Well, he might she might be there and at which point she might break her nose. So she broke her nose. Yeah, she was in the hospital all night, now, the night in the emergency room.
Speaker 4: Does she have a connection with the team? Is that why she was there?
Speaker 5: As so?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean well, but well that's another thing. If she has no connection with the team, that might be different, Like what are you doing on the court?
Speaker 4: Like that's gonna ask credential.
Speaker 2: I don't know what a wrong is. So, but if she guys have it, then I think she's okay to be there.
Speaker 3: So anyway, well klol Whitney said, they're bringing professionalism tonight. We're gonna be another professionalist. Yeah, what times the game?
Speaker 2: Seven o'clock, seven o'clock a half point favor? Do we know who the referees are? No?
Speaker 3: As bad as the referees in the last bill? Are we allowed to say referee names? His name is Bill?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well let's be careful. Yeah, don't talk about what other places he might work. Bill was having fun with the fans though he was giving it to.
Speaker 4: Him right, he was smiling, He was I can't watch the game, listen to it without hearing Shannon impersonate the play by play guy.
Speaker 2: Who's the play by I haven't gotten to here. Who's the playboy play guy?
Speaker 4: Bill Rathburn, rathbun something?
Speaker 2: What makes him? What makes him funny?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: You got to hear Shannon's impersonation?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, I'll listen to it. I'm gonna, I'm gonna. I'm going to the Reds game tonight because I already had tickets, but I'm gonna watch it on my phone during the game. The two the two brothers that don't talk, will have to watch it with me.
Speaker 3: You don't want to mess up the mojo we've got our on seats. Yeah, you know, I don't want to be Yeah, could you? But if they make the finals?
Speaker 2: Time going? When when would the finals be? Coach Sunday? Perfect? That's a perfect time.
Speaker 4: Maybe?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well it's coach Mario coach. Are we adding more players before tonight?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: That's what I like is the roster's always in flux. They're trying to add more players tonight. Wow, Jackson Robinson just checks in out of nowhere. Kansas needs players. We had six interesting all right. Well, there's actually a lot of news and I and I want to go through all of it, including the tvt tonight, but I want to start real quick with something that happened yesterday. So you know, I have to. I'm I'm having to build a studio in my house, and time is upon us. It starts Monday, and they are still like building the wall and painting like now. I think they're there right now, right, But I drove to my place in Louisville to get the stuff to put on the wall, okay, right, because it's important to have cool stuff on the wall, and you want to have stuff that's like your personality in the background. Now, when we first started, I'm probably not gonna have everything that I wanted, but I was getting I was going through old stuff to see what can I put on. So my goal is to have a couple of things Kentucky, a couple like something reds something Hurricane something Bears.
Speaker 4: Those are my teams covers your personality.
Speaker 2: So more Kentucky than the others, but a little bit of those and then maybe one or two like personal things. Right, So I was trying to figure out I got so much Kentucky merchandise and stuff. What do you use? You know? Do I use the picture from the Caliperry fantasy camp definitely where it's me and the twenty fourteen team and Jason Taylor, remember the football player was on my team. But I don't look good in that picture? Do I use me and Anthony Davis? And he's got a gold medal on That's a good picture. It's almost like I had of a gold medal. I mean, not exactly. Could get a replic a gold medal, but yeah, But what I saw is I remembered I had this picture that was made and I looked at the year in nineteen ninety five and it was the history of Kentucky basketball up until nineteen ninety five, right, okay? And I thought, this is good. I'll have an old era and then something from the modern era. All right, So I'm excited. I go find the picture. I dig through stuff. It's big and I think they sold it at the old picture store in rep Do you remember, oh yeah, when they had the shops. What was the name of that.
Speaker 6: Pot f frame of mind? Good call there, Ryan Lemon. You never know what his mind is gonna come up with frame of mind. And before the games you could go in there and they were selling pictures. I think it came from that. I looked at it and I'm like, all right, who's on it?
Speaker 2: And You're like, oh, there's dan Issel, Rex Chapman, eight off for Up, Joe By Hall, Frank Ramsey, Kevin Greevy, Ritchie Farmer, John Pelfrey starting a sense of pattern. Thirty four players and coaches on it, every single one of them was what in nineteen ninety five? Wow, No Jack Gibbons, no Jamal Mashburn, no Kenny Walker, Sam Boie, Melvin Turpin. Wow, those are some huge names. Nobody. Jeff Brasso's on there. Jared Prickett is on there, Oh for Goose, all three unforgettables, but not Sean Woods. Oh no. I was like, well, I can't put this up. No, what were they thinking?
Speaker 3: It was nineteen ninety five who named some of the best players in history too?
Speaker 4: Still to this time, do you not have Jack Gibbons, Kenny Walker's the second all time scorer in the school history.
Speaker 2: Ashburn had just left. They have Travis Ford and Jared Prickett, this is really amassed Jeff Brasso. Well, but is it embarrassing? I mean, it's embarrassed when people made it? How do I have it? When I was a kid, I thought it seemed so cool. So what if I'd hung that up? It's not the best look for our history. No one would have gone, I know what would have happened.
Speaker 4: I would have been like, uh, where the brother's at.
Speaker 2: That's not what he was said. He would have been hmmm, who's on that picture there? Scot Skywalker on that's crazy Mashburn. So nineteen ninety five, it could have done a better job. Yeah, several names could have been on that. So I'm glad I looked at it. I am too that up. What are you gonna do with it? Now? And when they said through the years, let's get a more diverse panel of picking who's on the team. Through the years seems heavy on the early nineties, right up before ninety five. Oh no, No, they had older guys caught in ash. I mean they had dudes. They went every era. They just left some people out.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 2: So that picture probably never gonna get home. Leave that one off. But for the rest I've got some good.
Speaker 4: So what I'm gonna say, you're gonna tease this, tell us what you're gonna put up there?
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't want to make it too because I'm I'm probably gonna have to add to it, because you know, you gotta hang them. As you know, I'm not good at hanging things.
Speaker 4: I feel like you gotta have something from Middlesborough on there too.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a good idea, you know, you know what. I'm glad you said that. Maybe something from Transy. Yeah, I'm probably leaving an off Duke Claw. I can't act like I mean, you know, I can't act like I I'm a good thing about middles right, if fure, what should I put up for Middlesborough? Right? Maybe me in a golf uniform. Can your golf bag just lean against the wall? But I still use it. I can't put that, that would be funny, but I still use my Middlesborough golf bag. I was gonna say, do you have a Middlesborough head cover? But you don't have any head covers. I have no headcover and my ping golf bag.
Speaker 3: If it's broken, use the little uh, the little Hoe of Kentucky. We have propped that up.
Speaker 2: Well, the little one but you know, I have the big sewer crate that has my name on it. Yeah, it's too heavy. I can't I can't put that up. But anyway, h Ellie Bobblehead is going to be the wrinch.
Speaker 4: Oh that's a good one.
Speaker 2: Yes, he if. I'm nine twenty two eighty seven. Uh Mark's story with a strong comment yesterday. Did you read it?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's worth talking about. It is and the UK Football General manager is already gone. I think you gotta talk about that too. We'll take a break and be right back SKSR. Welcome back, Tucky Sports Radio eight. I'm nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven, open lines. Give us a shout. Love to chat with you. Uh so, Pat beyond know the UK Football General Manager resigns coincidentally on the first day that Jay Batt, who will be in here tomorrow at ten thirty okay for his first full length interview with us at KSR. He he resigns. I'm told so so. First of all, he says in this statement, personal reasons gives no says. Look, I gave a long statement, but just essentially it was personal reasons. I was told by a couple of people it has nothing to do with the new ad and that it really is personal reasons. I mean, it is a natural inclination I think for people ryan to go, well, wonder what's there, especially after the UNC guy resigned. I'm told it is like something personal to him. I do not know what it is, but I do kind of trust the people that told me like, it's nothing nefarious. So knowing that it is a big loss though he was a big part of putting together a pretty great first class for will Stein, came from Oregon, et cetera. How big a loss do you think it is?
Speaker 4: I think it's a blow. I mean, he's the guy that flew here set by will Stein in the plane when he came here. He's he's the guy Willstein put in charge of the entire office while will was still in Oregon getting ready for the college football players.
Speaker 2: True, I forgot about that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I think, you know this, This is a guy that was helping putting together the staff, the roster, transfer portal recruits. He's got his fingers in a lot of things. So I look at it as this is kind of a blow for will Stein's program.
Speaker 2: A lot of people would tell you drew that he was kind of a major part, if not the part of the organization behind a lot of what Stein was doing and recruiting. Now, the guy under him, which was Pete Knacta that came from Louisville, He's staying that's a guy that's always feuding with Vince. Great guy too. So you don't completely lose your infrastructure, but you do lose the head of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, as Ron said, that was Will's first hire. He raved about him early in those press conferences. It's a big part of everything he did. I was shocked to see the news. I guess, if you're gonna lose a guy though in that role, this is the month to do it, because you know, the roster's been built recruiting class, you've already had your summer visits that you can't really scout any players for the portal yet. So, I mean, you don't want to lose him, but the timing, at least they have time to recover.
Speaker 2: That is true.
Speaker 3: If you're gonna lose starting you know, he's not on the field coaching, is probably the the easiest time to lose it. But it stinks regardless, and it also you know, I mean you you kind of looked at it and said, Wow, if they did this well recruiting, wait till we're good now, you know. I mean, I'm apparently it might even be tomorrow on the show We'll see, we will hear kind of an announcement of what they're going to do going forward. Maybe it happens today, I don't know, Maybe it happens tomorrow, I think, But I do think there is a plan. Like I mean, they're not certainly just giving up. I don't know if they're gonna do the same GM, if they're going to appoint somebody. I don't know exactly what they're gonna do.
Speaker 4: I think will Stein when he announced that, he said, I'm bringing in the best GM in the country. That's how much. That's how highly thought of he was. But I think drews right. I think August is even a dead period where there's not a lot you can do recruiting wise and that sort of thing. So if there is a time to do it, even though it's a week before when players report, this is I guess the best as good as you can pick.
Speaker 2: It's probably is the best you could pick, especially since it's a dead.
Speaker 3: B Yeah, their most important time is as the season ends and you're looking at the portal and all that. I mean right now, you don't even have players to watch it because football had started. He's not an on the field coach, but still stinks regardless. I mean, yeah, to lose him, I hope Will had a little bit of notice. I don't know how internally, how quickly he found out that's a big loss, because that seemed like his right hand man that was gonna be here for a while.
Speaker 2: Well, we I think we'll find out more tomorrow when Jay batt here is here, who, by the way, had his first day on the job. And how about this for your first day on the job. The SEC and Big ten today have to give their answer by this afternoon to Congress whether they support the new Nisle bill liked it today And essentially, if you follow the timeline, the senators who wrote the bill, Ted Cruz and Marie can't well have said it either you guys either sign off today or it's probably not happening until after the next congressional elections. So how about day two on the job, jaybad is going to be deciding essentially on behalf of Kentucky whether or not they support this new bill, and by the way, like a lot with Congress, we don't even know what's in it because it's been changed a bunch, so like just to sit here and talk about the only thing that's been leaked is that they're going to allow more money on your cap for you to give players who were already at your school. Okay, so basically you get what in the NBA was called Larry Bird rights, which means you can pay more for your guys to stay than other schools do. So you would have twenty three million dollars to share along all your athletes, but an extra fifteen million dollars to retain the players on your roster, which would mean probably a lot more people would study, a lot more people would stay.
Speaker 3: Or go poach somebody if if there's a guy you like, which maybe people like that.
Speaker 2: It also means for you schools that are crying bankruptcy now it's fifteen million more dollars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm indecisive on that one, but it's clear they're trying to keep people from just going somewhere.
Speaker 2: Every year. The Baker Mazzars out there. I know I'm in the minority, but that doesn't bother me. I don't know why it bothers people so much. We don't do that in any other thing in life. We don't don't tell people, you know. The way to solve that is to sign these kids to contracts that are guaranteed. But the schools don't want to do that, so they want to have their cake and eat it too. But it's clear there's a huge appetite for it. So the SEC and Big Ten will decide today. The Big Ten seems to be saying, I'm only going to agree to it if we do a twenty fourteen playoff, and the SEC seems to be saying, I'm only gonna do it if we get more money than everybody else. So we'll see. But Jay Batt day two on the job.
Speaker 3: He's just walking in with his big box full of supplies, looking for his office.
Speaker 4: He's spot.
Speaker 2: He's still trying to figure out what closet has the post it notes, that's right, How can you do this without posting Yeah, I'm excited to meet j Batt, something I never did with the last ad. Oh that's true. You're gonna get more Jay Batt than you ever had with Mitch be and a seventeen year head start on meeting the ad here. That's still crazy to me that you never met met him? Did you ever want a meeting? I mean no, So you mean in all those years, even when you like walked by each other.
Speaker 3: He'd acts like he was on his phone. To be fair, I could have stuck my hand out and introduced myself.
Speaker 2: It's you never even like nod at you and go nothing. Not not even a Tom Leach, what's do your Tom Leach? Oh, Drew?
Speaker 3: Tom Leach says how to me every time I soon not even a hello Drew. Not a hello Drew, not not a wink.
Speaker 2: Do you think he knew who you were? I don't know.
Speaker 3: Probably, I mean I've been a home game for seventeen years.
Speaker 2: But that it would seem like you would almost have to try to not talk to one. I know, if you're there are seventeen years, there are moments were like I've held a door for him or vice versa. Did he say thank you? I don't think so. I don't think there's any other communication.
Speaker 4: Some believe it's an odd story.
Speaker 2: It's one of those things that we got so far into it. It's like, well, at this point, why Okay, spend ten years. You know. It's like when I forget my friend's wives names. There comes a point you can't ask him and he can't. It's too late to introduce myself and I have to just try to get in their wallet and see their driver's license because there's you can't ask him their name after nine years. But I'm excited about tomorrow. Okay, I'm eighty seven. We will take a break. Be right back, Chaazo, Welcome back Techi Sports Radio. Yesterday, when Billy was doing the counties, which he will do again later, phone lines filled up with people wanting to talk about what do we do? Butler County and Caldwell County. We talked sports for thirty minutes, no calls. Just for the record. If you wonder why I go off sports, that's why I love you all. But I know what you like the off topic, and so I'm going to do something that I need everyone to agree. This is for fun. Oh okay? Can we all agree? This is for fun? This is not serious, This is not to make you angry. This is just for fun because I want to have fun with this. Can we agree with that? I'm here for fun every day of the week Fun greet sir, okay, audience, fun? Can you agree? Fun? Okay? They said, yes, So I saw this game. I'm stealing this from a TikTok account. Okay, but I think it would be fun to play with you all. I'm going to give you a fast food. They did a survey of fast food restaurants. Okay, all right, and they tried to see which fast food restaurants skewed in terms of who goes to them, Trump voters or Biden vote. Okay, Now, obviously people go to both, but there are some restaurants that significantly more Trump voters go to and some that Biden goes, so essentially conservative fast food or lib fast food. Okay, So I give you the restaurant. You tell me which one it was. All right, all right, everybody understand the game. I'm gonna give you a couple easy ones. Chick fil A. You can just say Trump or Biden. H I'm gonna go Biden. Okay, You're gonna be terrible at this Trump. That's a Trump. Chick Filick closed on Sunday, Ryan, Am I wrong?
Speaker 4: I looked at it to more of a upper class place to go for a drive. See chick fil A is upper class considered to some other ones. We may talk about, how do you consider Chick fil a upper class? Uh? You know, they're just uh nicer, cleaner, drive through, more efficient.
Speaker 2: Okay, I've never really thought of any fast food as upper class. Yeah, all right, so you got what you got that one? Correct? Okay? Popeyes? Uh, I'll go Biden again, Biden, I mean Mario's laughing. You knew you, I mean Popeyes? Who likes Popeyes? Exactly? That's exactly right, you knew dad. All right, Now, let's go McDonald's again. They did a survey a percentage McDonald's you going Trump, Biden?
Speaker 4: It's Trump Trump. Drew fights back by, Drew fights back.
Speaker 2: Okay, Burger King, I have no I'll go. I'll go Trump again.
Speaker 4: I'll go Biden.
Speaker 2: Drew gets another. Wow, Drew's on fire. He didn't get Chick fil A, which I thought was the easiest one, but now he's coming through it. Burger King surprises me. Burger King did. But you can see you get to have it your way. Freedom, that's right, No socialist burger where we all get the same thing, right kind of freedom.
Speaker 4: Freedom.
Speaker 2: Wendy's Uh, this seems like a Biden crowd.
Speaker 4: Okay, definitely Biden. Why definitely, because that's a Biden crowd. If that's not an explanation, you can't just repeat. Yeah, I thought Wendy's, McDonald's, and Burger King all three be Biden.
Speaker 2: Well you're right on this one. When this is the Biden bidenburg Why do you think?
Speaker 3: Why do you think? I don't really either. You think Frosty is more of a lib thing. Yeah, maybe something with Wendy Dave Thomas.
Speaker 2: Okay, kfcuh Biden Biden? Correct, But Kentucky you would think, uh huh.
Speaker 3: But I think more people eat KFC outside of Kentucky. I feel like, I.
Speaker 2: Do you see people around here eating Kentucky fret Because when you go elsewhere, people will be like, oh, I bet you have KFC's everywhere. I actually don't really feel that one. I think I get it maybe once a year.
Speaker 4: I can't tell you the last time I had Kentucky Fried Chicken.
Speaker 2: Can't well, I get him some. I usually get them when we're liking Columbia or something. And that's where I let you know, Lebanon and I'm like, well, I guess I'll eat KFC. Okay, subway. I'm gonna go Trump here, Okay, I wanna go Biden Trump wows is the first one and he's on five. Yeah. Why did you think Trump just cook guessing on all of these? Because they're kind of in it. They're in small towns, I guess. So feels like kind of like almost every rural town would have.
Speaker 3: One of those. Right, they're in gas stations. All right, Chipotle, this is gonna be a Biden.
Speaker 4: Biden gotta be Biden.
Speaker 2: Correct. Drew absolutely like Row he is dairy Queen.
Speaker 3: Oh, definitely Trump Trump.
Speaker 2: It's the closest one. Fifty one forty nine. Everyone loves a good blizzard, Yeah, but Trump trumpets blizzards unite people. I would argue, does anyone dislike a bluzard? Is? Blizzards are blizzards? Basically Dolly Parton.
Speaker 4: Everybody likes them.
Speaker 3: I think so. I don't know why dairy Queen has food. Just sell the blizzards. Just be a blizzard place. I don't eat there, do you. I can't think of a dairy Queen meal I've had, get rid of the grills. Maybe it's good, I don't know, but only have That's all I get there blizzards.
Speaker 2: Love a good blizzard. Okay, we'll do two more, three more. Jimmy Johns mm hmm. It's for the libs. I'm gonna go Trump gets it again. Yeah, it's because of all the mayonnaise. Mayonnaise, that's right. I think mayonnaise tends to be one of your more liberal condiments. The slim gems the other thing can get past. You think it's possibly one of the more liberal Oh yeah, definitely. Okay, Pizza hut Man, some of these, I'm like, who even eats there?
Speaker 4: I'm for I go Trump.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go Trump to Trump. That is the Trump. Yeah, Domino's Trump again, go Biden? Right, Dominoes has lib Pepperoni Liberoni. And then finally, so now Drew's up one. If you get this one, you will win. If not, Ridan can steal Ryan, I will actually let you go first. Little Caesars, that's definitely Biden Trump. Drew knows his plaza. Were you surprised Caesars was Biden? Oh? Yes, well huh why did you think that?
Speaker 5: More?
Speaker 4: Well, I don't, I said upper class, more lower class?
Speaker 2: Oh you think Little Caesar's lower classes and you just think all libs are lower class. You just think all all of us liberals are out there just being like in the street.
Speaker 4: That's why I thought for sure be Subway, little Caesar's, McDonald's, So you think.
Speaker 2: Republicans eat high class food and the Libs are out there.
Speaker 4: Like myself are going to McDonald's and Little Caesars and Subway.
Speaker 2: See, I feel like I would have guessed Trump because they're in small towns. Again, like I feel like you don't you thinks like a gas stations in small towns.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and if you look closely in the graphic Little Seasary, he's wearing a Maga hat.
Speaker 2: When you look at a lot of people focus on the same make pizza grade again, Pizza pizza, pizza pinta great crazy brother him? Is that your is that your impersonation?
Speaker 4: Pizza pizza? Little Caesars does have the best toniment of any fast food restaurant.
Speaker 2: Real quick, one more, one more, Real Quick. Part of this because this was good to TV characters, What would they have voted? Oh, my, Homer Simpson Trump Trump? I agree. Now, this is not you, This is no right answer. This is just Marge. Oh she's voting Biden. Yeah, yeah, I mean she's got blue hair. That's true.
Speaker 4: Good point.
Speaker 2: Come on, she's blue hair, Yeah, right there in front of us. Bart Uh, Thomas Massey. I think he'd go with Marge. Do you think you'd go with Marge.
Speaker 4: I think he'd go with Marge.
Speaker 2: See, I thought he'd go with Trump. I thought he would listen to Trump on Joe Rogan, that's true. He's probably listened to the younger skateboards though. Yeah. But he's like, he's like Shannon, He's like a conspiracy theorist. Lisa Trump Trump. She's the most liberal one of she always is. She's she's the easy one.
Speaker 4: I thought she's a real arrogance, so she'd go with all right.
Speaker 2: Uh Seinfeld, Uh, he's gotta be a lib Biden. I think he's going Trump. I think he used to vote LIB but he's mad about their stance on Israel. It's true.
Speaker 3: I was thinking like Trump years ago, but now that Trump's kind of gone to war with New York.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a good point. Yeah, yeah, that's a good point. So these are the game. Finally, the cast of friends in New York again, I have very I think five of them voted for Biden, but Joey voted for Trump and didn't tell the others. Yes, you know what's the matt LeBlanc, Yes, hang out a coffee shops. Yeah, that's true. And then Andy Griffith definitely Trump, all of every one of them. Everybody in Mayberry voted for Trump. That's what that's like Jackson County. You know how Jackson County is like they get the returns and it's ninety three percent Trump. What may That's what Mayberry.
Speaker 4: Is not one character.
Speaker 2: And Howard Sprague's Shannon would appreciate that he's not here. Howard Sprague would be the only one. And I don't think Otis would vot. What about alf Jon's favorite character. He's an illegal immigrant. He's why we need to save act. Well, that was a fun game. I thought I was gonna be so good at it. Five. You are amazingly good at eighty seven. We'll take a break. Great backs, kids, welcome back, take you Swarts Radio. Thank you to the folks on the text machine who of course lit it up for actually looking at it like you did that in a fun way. Only one or two people got mad. I consider that a win. Get a little bit of feedback there, that's right. One person rights, mat I need to know what Ryan meant when he said Little Caesars has the best condiment.
Speaker 4: They've got like this, I call it magic dust. This little packet of magic dust and can sprinkle on your food. It's the best condiment of any restaurant.
Speaker 2: What are you talking about? Magic dust?
Speaker 4: I don't know the right word. Yeah, same season nine. It's like magic dust.
Speaker 2: Don't if I be a condiment though, I call it a condiment, is right. It's in a packet. Yeah, and you put it on your pizza, like.
Speaker 4: Sprinkle it on you pizza, your red sticks, whatever you got.
Speaker 2: What do they call it? Do they call it magic dust?
Speaker 4: Magic dust?
Speaker 2: Huh? I bought a box of it, like whole sel what Yeah, Oh, you're now gonnad that's gonna be added to every one of Ryan's foods. Yep, you can buy a box. I've got tired of getting two or three at the time. So I didn't know. I didn't know that that was a Yeah, okay, make this little eating Little Caesars in who knows how well how you're missing out? Where is that? Where are they in Lexington? Uh, there's one on Winchester Road, There's one on New circle. Oh, there's one close to me. Oh, I know where it is now, Okay, I know where that is. I think I called the zap pack. That pack ef I'm nine twenty two eighty said let's go to Trent. Go ahead, Trent.
Speaker 5: So I was thinking about what you said about the mctribe McDonald's and I live in Richmond, and we have three McDonald's, the two that aren't the mctribe and then one that is, and nobody goes to the one that is the trie.
Speaker 2: Uh. Today, I'm not getting into this fight again. Uh. I'm just an advocate for the Winchester Road Elkhorn. Is that the street? Okay? But I but I appreciate the call. I I appreciate you.
Speaker 4: But moving on.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna move on. I can't. Uh. You know we have to be careful. Are we gonna win this TVT game tonight? Yeah? I feel good about it. Okay, tell me who's on the Kansas team. All I saw was the fight Mario Chalmers. Chalmers, he's got to be is he forty one forty? I think he's forty even? Okay, Zeke Mayo, do you remember him? Where's Perry Not?
Speaker 3: Wherery ellis is he on the team and Rafael friends didn't make the cut?
Speaker 2: Okay? Uh? Frank Mason, Frank Mason's on it. Yeah, he was really good in college. Is he still good?
Speaker 3: He hit the he hit the elam ending the other night. Carlton Bragg junior. Who I think we recruited Carlton in Bragg junior. It sounds like a Civil War general. Uh, Billy Preston. Okay, didn't he get them in trouble?
Speaker 2: I think you did. Wasn't he part of like some kind of cu issue? All right? Chalmers? Though, Well, we are the favorite two and a half points too and a half point favor. Do they only set the lines at two and a half points?
Speaker 3: No, we were a three and a half point underdog. Ita'st behim. I loaded up on the money line.
Speaker 2: There. He's been an underdog and back to back games. But we're a favorite in this one. Yes, So you're worried. This is like twenty fourteen. Check that we that we were the underdog. Now if we win this, are we the favorite to beat whatever assemblage of ragtag people come from the other side? I would think.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 2: I haven't kept up with those games, Yeah, I see them sometimes on in the background on the FS two, but I don't know. Their names are like Big Bang Elite or something.
Speaker 4: There's one team called Davis Steele that's got a Kentucky connection. Something from some capacity.
Speaker 2: Davis Steele, I think a reper in a company.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Davis Steele.
Speaker 2: Really, are you serious? Yeah, they're just like sponsored by a company.
Speaker 4: They got a couple of dudes from Kentucky, not UK, but from Kentucky on their team.
Speaker 2: Is Davis Steele in Kentucky.
Speaker 4: There's some Kentucky connection.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm looking them up.
Speaker 3: Okay, this ibral and Drive was a team for many years. They're now Davis Still. They just got a new name. That has to be somebody sponsored them, right, I would think so, yeah, Davis Steele. Yeah, all right, but that team has been in a lot. Are they still? Are they still in the tournament now?
Speaker 2: Yeah? They're in the Semiponka. Well, I what do you think on of crab we're gonna get.
Speaker 3: You know, I don't know if we'll ever get what it was that first game against Louisville that was on a Saturday afternoon.
Speaker 2: It was packed.
Speaker 3: But I think it'll be better than it has been. Maybe they haven't been sitting in the upper level really. I think that'll have more people in it tonight.
Speaker 2: I think it's going to be I know, a bunch of people going You're going, right.
Speaker 4: I think we're talking about going just buying a ticket at the door and just go sitting, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And you can still do that, by the way, if you you want to go up at game time right and go to the door, I think you're going to be able to do that, and then if you win, you go to the championship. Now, Mark Pope did an interview with Alan Can't Get Credential Cutler and said that they are looking at potentially an international assistant coach. What do you make of that for the final opening?
Speaker 4: First, I've heard Pope talk about it, so he said it though, they're looking forward to, you know, maybe get into the international recruiting area.
Speaker 2: It's a good idea. Yeah, I've heard for a while that Crawford was the one.
Speaker 3: He won in most but they might go international if not him, now that the whole world's available to get players. I think he's kind of watching to see all the rules shake out and what happens.
Speaker 2: International guys may not be eligible I mean, like under the new rules, like a dude like Frank who's on the team now, if the rules were what they're proposed to be next year, he wouldn't be allowed to play. He would be too old. So I think he's watching the rules and where he thinks that will go too. But if it's wide open where you can go get international, I think it's a great idea.
Speaker 4: Get somebody's got a little back.
Speaker 2: And I don't understand about the international game. Is it like if you are an international guy. I mean there's a lot of countries in the world, it's true. Does that mean you know we say international like there's just one guy that goes to all one hundred and ninety nine of the other countries. It's in Australia. I feel like a Croatian guy would know a Croatian, But is he going to know people from Australia and China? I mean, I don't know. I don't know how that works.
Speaker 3: I think you'd probably want to go to one of the bigger leagues and get somebody that might probably get a European carry some name recognition.
Speaker 2: I mean, it feels like there's a ton of guys in college basketball from the former Yugoslavia, Croatia, Bosnia, Serbia.
Speaker 3: It's why Illinois so good lately. Yeah, I mean, that's their whole team.
Speaker 2: So it would strike me that if you're going to get a coach Ryan, you might look for somebody from that part of the world, because that seems to be the guys that are consistently most interested in playing college basketball.
Speaker 4: He's branched out whatever year, you know, he had a yellowch and then this year's got what Enjai, So he's got some connections already in some places.
Speaker 2: Do you like that he said he's keeping the last spot open, waiting to see what the rulings are on everything. I mean, my guess is I haven't heard this, but my guess is they're waiting to see if the NCAA just lets these fifth year seniors play, and if they do, they go get one.
Speaker 3: Yeah kind of players in mind if they do the five for five. Just kind of waiting on the courts to figure that out because.
Speaker 2: Right now on going there's an injunction in California that has allowed like fifty players to play, and you got to think if the NCAA loses that, they're not going to say well, you can only play in California. They'd probably Ryan just open it up to everybody.
Speaker 4: So it's smart didn't kind of sit and wait and see what happened.
Speaker 2: I think that's smart. Actually, I actually think it's really I think it's smart to since we still don't know what the rules are, let's wait, as you might all of a sudden end up with a Denzel Aberdeen kind of player, Drew just falling in your laps here in the last minute.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and LS usually counting on this too. Uls you has like three players right now, and they're hoping that rule goes through in the international ones so they can even field the team and hopefully.
Speaker 2: We've get a big man out of that. Don't you think that are a wing? Yeah, we got we gotta have one of those. Hey five, nine, two, eight oh twenty two eighty seven. We will take a break. Be right back, sks R