Speaker 1: The second date update.
Speaker 2: Any dating app that you log into, there's all these acronyms that you have to know for what you're looking for.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you know, like l t R long term relationship.
Speaker 2: There's dt R define the relationship f w B Friends with Baked Goods.
Speaker 3: But that's what I.
Speaker 4: Benefit.
Speaker 1: BOK has so many FWBs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I did notice that.
Speaker 5: You know how much I love.
Speaker 2: But what happens when somebody reaches out to us and they're not really sure what they want exactly. They just want to see him again. That's what Thomas says. He's hoping for a j w S just want.
Speaker 5: To see I don't like that.
Speaker 4: I don't I don't like Well that's.
Speaker 2: What Thomas wants. So you guys have to get over it. Welcome to the show, Thomas.
Speaker 3: Hey guys, Hey, so I take it you don't use JWS on your dating profile right already.
Speaker 6: I had never heard that one until you just did it.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think we're making dating history right now.
Speaker 1: So tell us about the girl that you JWS.
Speaker 4: It's going to catch.
Speaker 6: So I went out to a bar with a bunch of friends, and you know, at a bar and there's like your crew and then another crew and another crew and another crew. We sort of all knew each other, but like not close friends.
Speaker 5: That makes sense, But I like that.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you're like, oh, dude, this is so and so I used to work with him and.
Speaker 4: His friend now.
Speaker 5: And I hate it when I'm like, and I don't remember your name.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 1: So you didn't meet on a dating app. You meant I r L Okay, you do.
Speaker 4: You don't sound cool, that's what you think cool?
Speaker 5: That means in real life? I know, I just.
Speaker 2: Don't use you know some people away anyway, tell us about the girl that you met iral.
Speaker 6: So this in real life girl that I met. It was kind of cool. I had a friend from another group come over and she was like, hey, there's a girl over there. She's really interested in you. And she's like, you did you really go over talk to her?
Speaker 5: Okay? Good wing woman moved there?
Speaker 6: Yeah, well done, wing woman. Right. So she points me over to Chelsea and I go over to Chelsea and I'm talking to her and conversation is it's clunky at best, it's that really great conversation, you know.
Speaker 1: Why do you say though? What made it not a great conversation?
Speaker 6: Just the questions from both sides were very dumb because we were kind of nervous. Oh, do you like music? And she's like, yeah, I like music. And then she's like, do.
Speaker 1: You like food?
Speaker 6: And I'm like, yeah, food's good, man.
Speaker 4: I've written a whole joke about this.
Speaker 1: It's so true.
Speaker 5: But it's probably that this girl.
Speaker 3: I mean, usually in my experience with girl groups, right like, if you're going to send somebody over to talk to a dude, it's because you're shy.
Speaker 2: She's shy and just trying to find generic middle ground, right, yeah, kind of food.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's pivot to this.
Speaker 5: She was like they didn't get there.
Speaker 6: Though, Yeah, we live so so she was like, let's grab a drink. So we did, okay, and that smooth things out. It was it was pretty good. And then we finished the one and she's like, can we go back to your place?
Speaker 3: One b No, it's always a shy girls. It's always you got to watch out for a girl.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think you're did you like food? Comment? Really, let's get out of.
Speaker 6: Here, food operator, What could I say?
Speaker 1: Well done? Okay, okay, so you guys leave the bar.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we grabbed an uber. We went back to my place.
Speaker 5: What do you take it in your head? Are you like stoked? Are you nervous? Where are you at?
Speaker 6: I was sort of like, okay, well I guess this is this is happening. So we get back to my place. I opened the door and my god, this lady she's going at me like a movie level makeout. We're knocking stuff off the wall, knock it was. It was insane.
Speaker 5: Oh my god.
Speaker 6: And then all of a sudden she just was like, oh sorry, I can't do this, and I'm like, okay, well we don't have to if you want to hang out by all means, it's just chill. And she apologized, apologize, grabbed a coat and left.
Speaker 2: What Yeah, that's so weird that she would turn it on like so hot and then he fled the cold.
Speaker 6: Yeah, completely off. So I texted her like the next day, I'm like, hey, you know, how are you like, I mean, the conversation went back to cloaks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I'm sure like when she left, originally you're probably thinking, Okay, she's gonna be our b.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 5: Okay, fml yeah really.
Speaker 1: That's a good one. I know you guys are getting into this. I know, you say you don't like it, but you kind of like it.
Speaker 3: Maybe she like was Actually you know how girls say, women will say, oh, I'm not one of those type of girls.
Speaker 5: Like maybe she really wasn't you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like maybe we could speculate forever on the maybes. Let's get a definite answer. We're gonna play a song, we'll come back, we'll call it Chelsea, and we'll try and get your second date update.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's great. All right here second date update.
Speaker 2: One of our listeners had a hookup that sounds like it lasted about thirty seconds.
Speaker 1: We'll be there.
Speaker 2: It's ten seconds longer than my average. Oh but the difference here is afterwards, my partners usually hang around for an average of two minutes. Thomas's date, though, she was out the door instantly.
Speaker 4: Oh man.
Speaker 2: Now she stopped the hookup right as it started, basically and said, look, I'm sorry, I just can't do this. I gotta go, which is weird because she's the one who insisted that they go back to his place.
Speaker 5: Originally, she initiated all of it.
Speaker 4: To go back.
Speaker 2: So now Thomas is just really confused, and we're committed to helping him out. In fact, Brooke is even willing to finish the hookup.
Speaker 1: With you, Thomas. Look at that. Brooke, wait a step up for our listeners. Good job.
Speaker 5: Is it going to be another minute or how long?
Speaker 6: Yeah? I'm up for whatever you want.
Speaker 3: Okay, maybe that's the problem. We need to play a little hard to get in this game. I don't like reflecting on this.
Speaker 5: What do you think? Why do you think she left?
Speaker 6: Honestly, I don't know. She seemed really good, gung ho and everything was great?
Speaker 2: Then is gung ho the word?
Speaker 3: I mean, it wasn't like you had bad breath or something, right Like, I'm just thinking.
Speaker 5: Like something may have turned her.
Speaker 4: I would almost hope it's something simple like that, so he could be like, oh, next time, all.
Speaker 5: That's true something you know? Yeah, you can't fix it unless you know, I guess do you have bad breath?
Speaker 4: Bro Do you know?
Speaker 6: I'm pretty sure I don't go to the dentist every six months? You know?
Speaker 1: Okay, that's more than it's a lot. All right, Well, uh, let's just give her a call.
Speaker 2: We'll see what she has to say if she answers. So I'm at dal Chelsea's number right now. You ready yep, all right, here we go. Hello, Hey, I'm looking for Chelsea.
Speaker 7: This is Chelsea.
Speaker 1: Hey Chelsea. My name is jeff from the radio show Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 7: I Hi, Hi.
Speaker 3: Chelsea, and that's Jose.
Speaker 7: That's Alexis I canna help you.
Speaker 2: We're doing a segment on our show called a second Date Update. That's where we help our listeners reconnect with someone after what they thought was a really good date. And so you you met a guy out the other night. His name was Thomas.
Speaker 7: Oh, okay, okay.
Speaker 5: Would you say about Thomas?
Speaker 7: I just said, oh geez, I thought it.
Speaker 3: Was like, oh boy, oh jeez, okay, oh boy.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure what to take from that yet.
Speaker 2: But Thomas told us about the night that you guys spent together, and it sounded pretty.
Speaker 1: Good, exciting, very exciting, a little bit of a short night, but it sounded yea.
Speaker 2: And so he's a little bit confused about how things ended and why exactly, because it sounds like you took off from his apartment pretty quick.
Speaker 7: Wow, this is so awkward, what the heck?
Speaker 2: But also got to think it's pretty awkward to leave a makeout like halfway through, and now you know, days later, you're still not responding to him, and so he just has a bunch of questions and doesn't know where to get the answers.
Speaker 7: Okay, okay, yeah, well I really liked him and stuff, but he said, like, while we were kissing and stuff, he said, oh, I so want.
Speaker 1: To date you, and I want to date you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I want to date you, and just like sort of slapped me back to reality.
Speaker 1: No, sorry, are you not looking to date right now?
Speaker 4: You're trying to be like, oh, I can't wait for us to get married.
Speaker 5: It is kind of weird thing to say mid makeouts on your first handout.
Speaker 4: Yeah, now it's like a commitment.
Speaker 3: If they follow through, it's like a bar thing. Were you just like looking for the one night stand?
Speaker 4: Which is fine?
Speaker 2: Maybe the word it came out weird. I think he just meant he was having a good time and he couldn't wait to go out.
Speaker 1: With you, like very officially.
Speaker 3: Don't say anything though during that Maybe she doesn't want future plans.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, Well I just felt bad because I got the impression that he kind of liked me, and like, the truth of the matter is I totally have a boyfriend.
Speaker 3: Oh oh gosh, wait.
Speaker 5: Wait, you're cheating on your boyfriend.
Speaker 7: I mean, if you want to look at it that way, But how I.
Speaker 5: Would your boyfriend look at it that way?
Speaker 7: I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: You're not sure? Is it's like an open relationship.
Speaker 7: Well, here's the thing. I feel like he might understand, because really it was for his benefit. We've been together for several years now, and like I felt like I needed to jush up the situation a little bit.
Speaker 5: Okay, I don't understand.
Speaker 4: I think I do, but keep going.
Speaker 7: So I was just gonna, like, you know, go and hook up. And she was, you know, she was good with fresh, with new money, bring it back, you know.
Speaker 6: And so.
Speaker 3: Into boring stuff right now, and you needed new ideas.
Speaker 7: Is that where you Yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 1: I think I'm getting the idea.
Speaker 2: So, Chelsea, you were interested in Thomas just from a purely physical standpoint to see what you could learn from him, But when he started mentioning dating, then it crossed the line.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's interesting because like talking to Thomas on the phone, he wouldn't probably be my go to tutor.
Speaker 1: That is extremely rude. It's extremely rude, especially because.
Speaker 4: He's listening to this right now.
Speaker 2: And heard that, and he heard everything that Chelsea said because Chelsea, you know Thomas has been there.
Speaker 7: That's okay. I kind of like it's good that he hears this because I I did not know how to say it at the time, and like I didn't know how to responded.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, Thomas, go ahead say hello.
Speaker 6: Chel you're a total.
Speaker 1: Or was that a suggestion for a love.
Speaker 4: Stuff?
Speaker 6: No, I'm not gonna know. I'm not gonna help you cheat on some dude because then I'm the atol. No, I don't care what your side is. You need to tell people that you need to figure that on your own, but you don't use me for ruin. No, those are valid.
Speaker 2: But she didn't technically go all the way through with it.
Speaker 5: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 6: Well, so you'd be totally fine if your girlfriend made out with some dude and then came home. I was like, I didn't well, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know if she came home with a cool new skill because of it. I'm not going thank you, sir, bring him over.
Speaker 1: What else I could learn?
Speaker 7: Okay, look it, I'm you know.
Speaker 6: You.
Speaker 1: Gotta be careful here. We're a family friendly show.
Speaker 7: Rein it in If you wanted to find out what happened here it is. We don't even be calling me name.
Speaker 5: You need to apologize for that one.
Speaker 3: I think, but you said you wouldn't be a good tutor.
Speaker 1: The first time she's telling somebody that, like, whatever, keep going.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing, Chelsea, Why don't you just open with that with any dude at the bar. If you walked up to a hot guy at a bar and you said, hey, listen, I don't want anything tonight except for this, because this is what I want to learn. I think you could teach me some new things you're telling me. A dude wouldn't turn that Like you could find eight other guys though that would say yes, eight other guys that would say yes, Like why not lead with the truth.
Speaker 7: I don't hate that idea. You might be right, guy has morals or standards.
Speaker 4: Some dudes are like, cool, this is the best scenario.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, it sounds like Jose's trying to volunteer to help you out.
Speaker 4: I will cheat.
Speaker 1: You have morals and standards.
Speaker 4: Oh, I've never cheated in my life, never will have.
Speaker 5: Relationships are so complicated these days.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, it's not that complicated not to cheat on your boyfriend or girlfriend.
Speaker 4: It's not hard.
Speaker 2: It feels like you two have a lot of things to say to each other.
Speaker 6: I don't have anything. Maybe that would be a.
Speaker 2: Good thing to say when you guys are looking at each other face to face over a dinner. Perhaps, no, not a dinner because we can't make it a date.
Speaker 5: Maybe like lunch.
Speaker 7: I think I'm done with this person because he just called me and you can't really step back from that.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, no, hold on. I just said the truth.
Speaker 1: You know, and is turning me on when he uses that languorge.
Speaker 2: But that's not gonna work for this phone call you you guys, stop it can be clustered rookie Jeffrey in the morning. We just got done talking about it in studio, and I just want all the listeners to know we have banned Thomas from ever appearing on this show again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dude, I understand he was upset, but you just can't go that low.
Speaker 5: B It's too low.
Speaker 2: It's the first number that we've ever actually added to the show blacklist. But look, he crossed the line. So sorry to any listeners that heard that.
Speaker 1: And an even.
Speaker 2: Bigger apology to our editor who has to use more bleeps than we've ever probably.
Speaker 1: Had to use before. Ed Yeah, get to click in, yeah a lot.
Speaker 2: But look, that type of language is absolutely not tolerated here unless we know for sure the microphones are off.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's all the time. Excuse me, all the time. No language like that. I just want to make that very clear. Yeah right, but not even sad that we get him a second day. He didn't deserve it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean the whole thing was kind of screwed up from the beginning, it really Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean she's not greatly innocent either, but yeah, he took the care.
Speaker 1: He really did.
Speaker 2: So look, if there's anybody out there with a clean mouth, yeah.
Speaker 5: Or semi clean, I mean we go a little dirty's not mean.
Speaker 2: Yes, please email our show and we can call the person who isn't calling you.
Speaker 5: Then Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning,