Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of the Election trend Recap Aka.
Speaker 2: Have you trend it? Miles? Have you trended?
Speaker 3: It? Was it grapeesite, grape site with.
Speaker 2: Grape Have you trended?
Speaker 4: Courtesy of you by.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow's guest turned us on to a fun flip that.
Speaker 3: I enjoy that I will annoy the ship out of my family with.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: All right, well that is Miles. I'm Jack and here's a couple of things that's trending. It is the election recap episode where we get to just give you a snapshot, an overview of what happened in these United States. All right, I've been I've been stolen. I don't know what happened, man, I didn't I haven't looked at the news that damn sprite video.
Speaker 3: All I'm saying is the GOP should change their name to Vanessa because it was a red grave. Okay, you feel me? Oh and that's a little bit of freestyling for me. But yeah, the Republicans continue to do the thing that everyone from the outside is like, that's not gonna win you anything. Yeah, but they can't stop.
Speaker 2: They just can't stop.
Speaker 3: They're so horny to roll back rights and think that that is a like a majority, like that is a popular opinion or that's a popular policy every election, no matter where it is, no matter how red the state is, people are like, no, man like body, autronomy, reproductive rights, that's actually essential? What the fuck you guys talking?
Speaker 1: Basically a complete continuation of the trends we saw on the twenty twenty two mid term with people rejecting Republicans anywhere the reproductive rights were at stake or like mentioned in the campaigns.
Speaker 3: Were running on that shit too, be like yeah, you know, I'm all about pro life, Like okay, well you can pro see yourself out of this place.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but so it's just wild to see. So that was fairly predictable by us from the outside. By them on the inside, they seem to once again be taken completely blindsided by this and having a tough time like reading the tea leaves on this one miles.
Speaker 4: They're like wait what so wait what because like okay, because what else to do?
Speaker 3: So it wasn't just like the like referendum like in Ohio that was enshrining abortion access, like it was also you know, like in Virginia, they the Democrats took control of the state. How they like. They they have the other chambers except for the governor's mansion at this point.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: And we just been in Kentucky. Andy Basheer won re election there in a very you know, red Kentucky, which brought the people at Newsmax as they were like doing the results as they came in to they do some soul searching. And I think it's really interesting to hear how they're processing the fact that the platform has been.
Speaker 4: A loser for the last couple of years.
Speaker 3: Now this is news Max just processing.
Speaker 5: It all as far as you know it. It does seem like the Republican Party generally has a real problem.
Speaker 2: With uh, with winning uh.
Speaker 5: You know, certainly has in the midterms here and now in this one as well. And you wonder, do we have the right people in place to be putting the messaging together to the oh they're supposed to be there to get the early vote out, to do these jobs. You wonder about the RN the right people running the show, because we we we're not doing something right. I think that's very obvious.
Speaker 1: It's like, is it do we have the wrong staffers? Election staffers?
Speaker 3: Mom? You know how I started that company of snacks that are made of horse shit, nobody's buying them and.
Speaker 2: Have the right staff in place.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying, Like, is maybe my marketing bad? Like do they know that they're eating horse shit? Maybe I need to make that more explicit or less explicit?
Speaker 1: Should they be investing more in TikTok mile? Maybe is the question that I that I screaming at all of us.
Speaker 3: Those algorithms, man, Yeah, yeah, it's it's it's that they continue to scratch their heads over this, Like, yeah, you'll hear more about it tomorrow's episode two. There were numerous quotes where they were doing anything but looking at their own platform and assessing that that is the fundamental issue here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it even like cut against so like Glenn Youngkin is the person like who is probably the hottest name in GOP politics outside of Donald Trump. He was being mentioned as maybe like somebody might enter the presidential race and challenge Trump because he's so popular in Virginia. And so people were like, all right, so we'll see how these local Virginia like state house elections go, whether he's able to marshal enough like enthusiasm and you know, translate his popularity into a broad sweeping like Republican win in the state House because they were hoping to, you know, start attacking people's reproductive right, so right, something that was important to the GOP nationally, and the Democrats took full control of the Virginia State House. So just straight up going against trends, going against popularity of like popular politicians, which seems to work at the local level that we do have evidence of that whether it would work, like, I'm still not willing to be like Biden's got this one in the bag, you know.
Speaker 3: I mean a lot of people said, well, if people are abandoned the Democratic Party, we definitely didn't see that tonight, yes, And it's.
Speaker 1: Like, I don't think that's what even the polling, So the really bad poll that everyone is referencing where Biden like lost a shitload of support is now getting beaten, like getting beaten so bad by Trump in the polling that were these polls to actually be like the first polls that were actually right ever, but like you know, if they were when the polls closed, they'd be like and we can call it for Donald Trump, like that's how much he's winning by He's like smoking him according to these polls. Like even those polls didn't say, like and everybody just like really liked Trump. Now they people don't like Biden like they have they're abandoning Biden. And like they asked in those polls, uh, whether you would vote for an unnamed Democratic candidate or Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: So like, in a hypothetic world where.
Speaker 1: Biden drops out and a different Democratic candidate steps in, who do you vote for? And that shifted the race by twelve points towards the Democrats. So like, generic democrat is twelve points more popular than Joe Biden, a.
Speaker 3: Literal straw man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, granted, I think in this case like that, people are probably picturing their ideal generic Democratic idiot, right for sure.
Speaker 3: Not just like dude, I'll literally take a fucking package of turkey slice turn eat.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, not quite.
Speaker 3: But I again, I think this is something that is gonna this is going to play out over the next year. Uh, and we'll see what happens. I think the one thing though, that Democrats are absolutely like loving, is that their continued strategy of merely gesturing at Republicans is working.
Speaker 1: It is because the Republicans are so republicshed so fucking bad that. Yeah, it's unfortunately that that is the situation that voters in the United States are in, because.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile, the Democrats in the House are, you know, joining Republicans. Twenty two of them joined Republicans to censure Rashida Taliit.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's I mean, and that made the whole Like they did that on election and so like the whole Oh a win for the Democratic Party was pretty fucking bittersweet because yeah, like she's the one person who seems like she's speaking the truth about what's fucking happening in Gaza and she's being censured, and yeah, like you know, she clarified that like what her understanding and the phrase from the rivers to the sea are, which is what the center was over and she was like, no, this for me means that I want freedom for people.
Speaker 3: That people have been moving the goalposts on from the river to the sea constantly.
Speaker 1: No, this is an aspirational call for freedom, human rights, and peaceful coexistence, not death, destruction or hate. And she repeatedly, like her speech after like in response to the censure, like just continues.
Speaker 4: To focus on can we all agree that.
Speaker 1: Like we shouldn't be killing innocent children, whether they be Israeli or Palestinian. Like, that's been very consistent. That's been her response consistently. I think that's been our response consistently on this show. And it seems like the answer is no, we can't, we can't agree on that. Shut the flock up, like seems to be their response.
Speaker 3: Well, especially when you have actual people on the on that Republican side of things, like like on the house floor saying things like, oh, yeah, the gaza's going to be turned into a quote a parking lot or that. You know, Lindsay Graham, we heard him, he said there's no amount of children, dead children that should deter or dead civilians that should deter Israel Or are other person being like comparing Palestinian civilians to Nazis. Yes, And the pure genocidal language that is being used by these people and the dehumanizing language are using, and they want to go for the one Palestinian American who is speaking truth to power. It's like the white supremacy of it all too is wild. You know, it's so wild because this is such a multifaceted moment right now. It's not as simple as like there's so many dimensions to this that are just blowing my mind every day. And meanwhile, you have children in Gaza doing a press conference in front of a children's hospital pleading with the world to be like, we would like to not be just indiscriminately killed.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Uh, and that's like these are the stakes right now. And to censure, it's like what a group of utterly despicable, disgraceful, unseerious people.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: Also, it was interesting to me that the motion to center Rashida Talib in the first place was originally raised by Marjorie Taylor Green, and they were like, actually, it might be better if it wasn't you, since you blamed Jewish space lasers for forest fires a couple of years back.
Speaker 3: So like, I see, and we're.
Speaker 1: Going to accuse someone who's actually not being anti Semitica of anti semitism. It would be weird if that official motion was coming from an actual anti semi It's just.
Speaker 3: Like too much, no, it cancels out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh yeah maybe, oh is that what it is?
Speaker 2: Marjorie crossed that out and yeah.
Speaker 1: So it's just interesting that they were like, not this one, We'll go with this other person doing it. You can go for it, but we can't have your name on it because uh, well you are like literally an anti semit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we're still hearing the mealy mouthed flea from Democrats to be like, what about a humanitarian pause? Yeah, y'all are some It's just so it's just so disgusting because I try to not be online so much because whenever there's a lot of upheaval in the world, you're gonna see some things that are disturbing, that are distressing. And to consistently see how like terror is being rained upon, like the experience of the people of Palestine right now, is so fucked up. And to think that you have people who could look at that and still be like, yeah, man, they just need to pause that shit. Or I'm so in I live in such perpetual fear of lobbyists that I can't even say what I actually want to say. That is such a failure of character. And again, I don't know, I'm not acting surprised because like ninety nine point nine percent of the people who are pursuing office are not there for the right reasons. It's only the few who are actually there because they want to change, like the material outcomes for the people they represent. But it's just really grim to watch video after video, report after report of just unchecked killing of innocent people. And you're the people who are supposedly leading this country or just have their arms crossed and acting yet nothing's going on. It's despicable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they're censuring the person who's asking for it's stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like, don't don't be out here humanizing them.
Speaker 2: That's when they uncrossed their arms.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly. That the line was humanizing Palestinians. That was the line, because anytime somebody dehumanizes them, it's it's all good. It's all good.
Speaker 2: Doesn't get anything.
Speaker 1: Anytime someone dehumanizes Jewish people and says that they have space lasers, that doesn't get a century either.
Speaker 2: I don't think.
Speaker 3: No, you're actually elected.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're good. We're good.
Speaker 1: Here, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back. And these stories. I always liked these stories. We got one when Bill Murray starred in the Garfield movie and it was revealed that he suffered under the same mistake that I did when I saw first other trailer for the Garfield movie.
Speaker 2: And they were like.
Speaker 1: From Ethan Cohen and I was like, one of the Coen brothers broke off from their filmmaking duo to make the fucking Garfield movie. And you know, smartly they did not put in the trailer. No, not that Ethan Cone but he so after the fact, Bill Murray was like, yeah, I thought it was a fucking Coen brother man. I thought like one of the Coen brothers was making a Garfield movie. And I was like, well, that doesn't make sense, but I gotta see what he as in mind. Yeah, I'm on board. And then like shows up on set.
Speaker 2: And is like, wait a fucking second.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just I'm hey, Bill, That's why sometimes I get the whole thing, like you represent yourself and you have like a voicemail or whatever that people can get to at. But like that's that's where you fell on your own sword there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it doesn't bother me, you know, I.
Speaker 3: Just of course you're gonna fuck up and be like, oh really all right this movie then?
Speaker 1: So anyways, In a recent appearance on the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon, Brian Cox revealed that he signed up to appear on a Double O seven Road to a million, which is like the secret Agent flavored takeoff of the Amazing Race. It's just a Double oh seven sponsored reality show. He signed up for that because he thought it was an actual Bond movie.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. Well, well you see it was called Double oh seven Road to a Million. I thought it was the new James Bond film. So I said, oh, finally they're getting me in a James Bond movie. So I thought, yes, of course.
Speaker 2: Hell man, the title.
Speaker 3: Sounds like a fucking sweeps like a McDonald's promotion.
Speaker 4: It sounds like a scratch Bond.
Speaker 3: Road to a Million.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, okay a million.
Speaker 1: Warns out it was a scratch ticket that I had signed on to be a part of.
Speaker 3: I'm playing his daddy. Oh fuck off James Bond.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: How many times a day do you think he fires his agent, like, Brian gotta be just yeah, Brian like is probably just hiring his agent. And then you know its like ah yeah he always says.
Speaker 3: That, or is it one of those things where like he's so volatile, where like the agent's like, well, Brian, here's the thing about it. Just shuck the fuck up, okay, fuck off and get me that role. And you're like yeah, but this double it's not exactly double, you know. And then they come back and he's like, what the fuck is this?
Speaker 4: Like I tried to tell you, Bryan BC, I tried to tell you my man, my guy Cox, but Cox.
Speaker 1: There's a new Ghostbusters movie trailer where it's like the bad guy is winter Weather.
Speaker 3: Basically, dude, that trailer kind of fucked up. It's kind of cool. It's a could have been whatever. I'm so yeah, and the thing like it's like Coney Island. It suddenly like like freezes over and like ice sickles are shooting up from the ground like fucking knives. I was surprised nobody like got like got by one of those.
Speaker 2: Oh they did.
Speaker 1: But they do specifically say like for the first time, people are like freezing to death.
Speaker 3: In right in July, in July in New York City.
Speaker 1: In New York City, so it's like hot Tom someone in the city. And then it's like, whoa Frozen powers They saw the movie Frozen, and we're like, whoa, what if that happened in Ghostbusters?
Speaker 4: And that's that's Frozen. Yeah, there's a part where, oh have you not seen Frozen? Miles do they smash in Frozen do they smash? Do people smash the characters smash?
Speaker 2: They have sex with each other?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I'm thinking of a different What is it? What are we talking about?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Elsa is a nice princess, uh and like once her powers go out of control, she like turns the whole place into frozen land where everywhere, And they were.
Speaker 3: Like, why she got to let it go?
Speaker 2: That's why she got to let it go.
Speaker 1: Well, when she's singing let it go, as she's letting her powers just rip, and.
Speaker 3: Oh so that's her fucking up.
Speaker 2: That's her up.
Speaker 1: And a lot of people are dying. They don't show it, but a lot of people are dying. Like she's killing crops, She's killing like famine is occurring across her nation.
Speaker 4: This is for kids.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, characters smashing it though?
Speaker 2: What is wrong with you?
Speaker 1: But anyways, people are saying that it seems like the villain here is an unsubtle allegory for climate change, and that this might be a make good for the First Ghostbusters. So we have pointed this out before that like, you know, the bad guy in the first Ghostbusters is the Environmental Protection Agency, right, and they're the movie is basically being like, the government is burdening businesses with like pesky environmental regulations and that is what will lead to catastrophe, when you know, the past forty years has has shown the exact opposite to be true. I didn't realize though, that that was like specifically Ivan Rightman's real actual politics. Yeah, he was like, yeah, well, you know, I'm a conservative slash libertarian who wanted to tell an anti EPA story criticizing too much government regulation. M Yeah, he was like, yeah, so this is the interview. Did you ever imagine the National Review would name Ghostbusters one of the best conservative movies? And Rightman says, I never knew that. I've always been something of a conservative slash libertarian. The first movie deals with going into business for yourself, and it's anti EPA, too much government regulation. It does have a very interesting point of view that really resonates. Yeah, that's what resonates about the movie, not the staypuff marshmallow Man and Bill Murray's dry wit.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, it's not fucking ghost the concept of Ghostbusters. I didn't even know that's what the movie was about. I was here for the anti bureaucracy bench.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh, ghost but see I thought the ghost they were busting was the ghost of taxes, taxation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly. Anyways, Uh, maybe they maybe it doesn't make good.
Speaker 1: To all the wokebusters that we've seen over the past, you know, of the reboots of Ghostbusters. Maybe that's them trying to make make good on it. Maybe Dan Afroyd's like, hey, we did a lot of damage with that. Uh, there's a there's a whole generation of people who like hear E P A and think, yes, your honor, that is true.
Speaker 2: This man has no penis.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's uh, I haven't right, I'm killing it.
Speaker 3: Bro. You did all right, you did well.
Speaker 1: Those are some of the things that are trending on this Wednesday, November eight.
Speaker 2: We are back tomorrow with a whole ass episode of the show.
Speaker 1: Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourself, get the vaccine, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we'll talk to you all tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Bye bye,