Speaker 1: All right, I'm gonna go in right here, right now. This is Eyes up Here, and you're listening and watching parts of this Eyes up Here on our YouTube channel and listening to us on the Creative Control podcast network that you didn't know by now. My name is Chad and every single week I've joined here in the Eyes up Here recording Studio by Queen of Extreme Rancy. I think this reporting studio is located in the bottom level.
Speaker 2: Of the Queen Fast so.
Speaker 1: That's where our double secret location is currently. Uh. We've got a lot to talk about today. It's been a couple of weeks ago on a little hiatus of our recording schedule.
Speaker 3: But uh, I'm prepared to turn the floor over to you because you have had a absolutely, very very sad couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 2: I feel for you.
Speaker 1: My thoughts have been with you. We've talked a lot get text. But how are you doing now that I get to see you in person?
Speaker 2: Thank you. I'm tired. It's the first hard word that comes through my mind is being tired. Uh, just emotionally, physically, like mentally, I'm exhausted. For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, my mom My mom passed away last Friday, August eighteenth, so you know, two weeks prior to that, she had been going downhill. And those who listened to this show or or follow me on social media, you guys know my journey, my family's journey with my mom. You know, when my dad and my sister had passed away, they died four days apart from each other. When my dad was on his deathbed, he had asked me to take care of my mother and I said I would, and I just got married. You know, my husband and I never had that honeymoon period where you can just be alone and enjoy each other and stuff like that. We took my mom in because she was alone, and you know, she was the type of person that didn't drive, she didn't pay the bills like my dad did everything. So you know, I felt like she was kind of lost and I didn't want her to be by herself, so we took her in, and God blessed my husband for doing it, because who wants to live with their mother in law right after they get married. You know, he's a special breed and that's part of the reason why I love him so much. But you know, that was fourteen years ago, and I would say the last year is when she really started to decline. And we noticed that she wasn't walking anymore, she was losing her eyesight, she couldn't hear very well. I had her on a baby monitor so I can see her. Because you know, she could have walked to the bathroom anymore. I had to comeote in her room, so I would have to run up there and help her go to the bathroom. We had bought her a recliner and automatic recline you with the butt and that helps you get up and down because she was having trouble like getting up off of the chair to go to the bathroom, stuff like that. So the last year was really really bad. And then I started noticing her appetite was declining, and I would get so frustrated. Any caregivers out there you know what I'm talking about. I would get so frustrated. She would ask me for these foods and I would go to the supermarket and I would buy the stuff that she wanted and I would cook it, and then she would eat like one or two bites and she would say it won't go down. I can't eat. I just I'm not hungry, and at the time, I get so frustrated with her because I'm making all you know, I'm making food for her, I'm making food for my kids, for myself. My husband takes care of him because you know, he's a carnivore and he just needs me.
Speaker 1: Just buy something in the backyard to jump on and then you know, just.
Speaker 2: Forty two steaks in my freezer, just gonna get a steak and he's good to go. But you know, it was frustrating, but I wanted in my mind, I'm like, well, maybe if I make her this, she'll eat more. And she never did. And it just the year it just started declining. So I had a talk with her lung doctor and he had mentioned failing to thrive, and that's what happens when they stopped walking, their appetite decreases. I know, she was dehydrated, she barely drank anything, and she was just getting weaker and weaker. I could tell, like when I would touch her arm, all you would feel was bone. She had no muscle mass left, and it was depressing. It was really hard to watch her decline like this. And for the longest time, it was it was just us. For the fourteen years. It was me, my husband, and my kids. We didn't have any outside help, you know, and it was just us. No one helped us. So we didn't really go anywhere. We went to Disney because we were able to take her to my sister's house for those two weeks, but that was it.
Speaker 1: That was you know.
Speaker 2: We couldn't even the last year, we couldn't even really go to dinner and sit down because we couldn't leave her alone. So we were kind of like prisoners in our own home, so to speak. I was just afraid something would happen to her if we would leave her alone, and so we didn't. She kept declining and then at one point she was barely eating. And so when they said failing to thrive, they had mentioned hospice, and he said, with hospice, you know, it doesn't mean in six months she will actually you know, passed away for sure. Every six months the doctor, can you know, renew this prescription for hospice. It's just to get some help in she had bed sore that I was taking care of that. He was just like, you shouldn't be doing all this. You need help. At this point, so two weeks before she passed, I called hospice and I found this place and I got the best nurse. She a doll. She had such a bedside matter with my mother and treated my mom great, treated my family great. And this is such a cute story where my mom was still coherent and could talk. She said to me, she said to me, do you think that you'll be friends with the nurse? Her name is black. You think you guys would be friends after I pass? And I said, oh, I don't know. Mom, I said, maybe, you know, we'll see what happens. And so for the two weeks she came and she cared for her, and I would say the two days before she died, the whole family came over. She got to see all her grandkids, which she was still sitting up and talking. The day after that, you couldn't understand her anymore. Her voice was very faint. It took effort for her to talk. And something told me that she was going to pass by the next day. And uh, I you know, I had the monitor on. I ran in there as much every time I heard her. I would run in the room because they tell you like, there's morphine to keep them comfortable. Thank god, my mom wasn't in pain the whole time. There was no pain that we could tell. The only thing that she would do was cough, and when she would cough, they told me to give her. It was a very low dose of morphine, and I hated giving it to her, but it did help her. It opens up the lungs, made her breathe easier. You know, she was on oxygen, so she was having trouble breathing anyway. So I think the whole two weeks, I think I might have gave it to her four or five times at the most, and a very low dose, but there was no pain. The morning that she did pass I woke up at five and I looked at the monitor and I knew. I noticed her hands off the side of the bed, and I knew she was going. I didn't have it in need to go into the room at that point because everybody was asleep and I didn't want to start, you know, crying, so I forced myself to stay in bed, but I just watched the monitor. I was hoping she would move, and she didn't. You know, she had passed. She died in her sleep, which I prayed so hard for it because I didn't want her to suffer, obviously, But when the nurse came going back to the cute story, she said, you were my favorite family and the short time that I've known you guys, you were just my favorites. And she said, maybe after this is all over, you and I can do lunch or dinner. And I looked at her and I said, oh my god. My mom asked me if you and I were going to be friends, and now you're asking me if you want to, you know, to keep in touch. So in a way, like my mom brought me a new friend out of this whole thing, and we've been in touch. You know, it's been a week now that she's passed, but we've been texting and she's such a wonderful person and I just, I, you know, it's weird, but I like my mom made me make a friend because I just it just brought a smile to my face, the way she said that, Oh she's so nice. Maybe you guys will be friends, because you know what, even though we've lived here forever, this area, there's all old people. I don't really have a lot of friends near me, so having somebody close would be so nice. And I feel like, you know, in a way. My mom brought her and I together and hopefully it'll it'll be a good friendship out of it. But I'm just right now I'm dealing with guilt, and the guilt is I'm looking back number one. All because we didn't know she was going to pass so soon. Right, You put them in hospice and they they have a thing where like every like after the first ninety days, the caregivers get a break and they take them for five nights and they look after them in the facility for no charge. Medicare covers it, and the caregivers get to do something. So we were like, oh, ninety days, so we can you know, we can go in November and we can take the kids maybe somewhere. I don't know, because we haven't been anywhere in a really long time. We were looking ahead of time. We had no idea it was going to be this soon. We and she wasn't that bad. It was like a light switched boom and she just went downhill really quickly. So when we called hospice, it wasn't like she was like going to die. Like we didn't think she was going to die that soon. We thought she had some life in her. She was still on the chair, she was still watching her TV. You know. It was just like when hospice came, they were like, get her a hospital bed. So we broke down the furniture. We had a hospital bed installed, and it was quick. I had no idea in two weeks time she would be gone. And she went from talking to the nurses to having life in her to just nothing. And it was so the guilt that I feel because everything she would always say to me, I'm not going to be here forever, I'm like, oh, you're probably going to be here another five years. Stop it, you know what I mean. You feel frustration, like I said, when they don't eat, like I felt like, you know, I feel bad because I can't take my kids anywhere, and my kids. My kids are so good and patient, and they understood, for being so young, they still understood like we'll have our time eventually, like this is now. We have to take care of my mom, you know what I mean. And they were so good about everything. And I'm just going through guilt because I miss her terribly now. But when she was alive, I'm sitting here thinking, man, I wish we could do this, and I wish we could do that, and now she's not here anymore, I think guilt. It's just like it's overwhelming, and everybody tells me I shouldn't feel that way, because you know, I did take care of her and I didn't put her in a home, and I did everything I could for and I'm proud of that. I'm proud that we did that. But I still think about all the thoughts that I had in my head, like I never wanted her to pass, Don't get me wrong, but I used to think, like, man, I wish we could just pick up and go somewhere, which everybody's telling me, you're human, you're normal. You think you're the only one that ever thought that. Probably not, but it's I still feel guilty about it, especially now since she's gone, you know, and like I was cleaning out her room, Bob. It's just it's it's so overwhelming. I've lived with her almost fifty years of my life, besides one year when I first got married. I lived in an apartment with my husband before we bought our house, and she was still with my dad. And then she she was alone, I think for not even six months or something, and then that's when we took her. So for almost fifty years of my life, I've been with her, and it's it's we had such a bond. It's just so hard to have her not be here. And I still look for the monitor. I still hear her call my name. It's I can hear her in my head, call in my name. I still want to go check on her to make sure she's okay. And there's just no one in the room. It's just so empty. The silence is deafening in my house.
Speaker 1: It's just.
Speaker 2: It's like my husband's and it's going to be the new norm and we have to get used to it. But my god, it's it's so hard to process. Just she's always been here, so it's hard to have her not here, and I just feel so guilty. She was here.
Speaker 1: During recordings, we would hear her her walker going across the floor, and you say, oh, excuse that, that's my mom going across the floor.
Speaker 2: So she was.
Speaker 1: She made many appearance on the podcast. But you know, you just you did such an amazing job of caregiving and getting to know that world a little bit professionally for a short time. You know, I saw what professional caregivers can provide versus the actual caregivers the family, and the way you dedicated so much of your life to her care is so admirable. And I'm not blowing smoke, and this is legit. I mean I because I saw, you know, my family. It's odd the trajectory of your mom and my grandma, how they were both ninety three and they were both judging along and living fine, and then woof this year, I mean they both got actually within a month of each other. My grandma died in July. So you know, it's you just have done such an amazing job as a caregiver. You know, you you can feel all these emotions because of that time that you spent. But you were such a good daughter and a good soldier and a good child, and you did everything that Honestly, I could not have done a quarter or a schmidgen of what you did for your mom over these years, especially the fourteen years as she's lived with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean the whole fourteen years wasn't bad. You know, she was downstairs most of the time. You know, she could walk the stairs. She was healthier. She helped me a lot with my kids. Like my kids, we called them a hold babies like she would. They wouldn't go for a nap, She would hold them for two hours. They would nap on her. She watched her shows, and she loved loved my kids with all our heart. I mean she she was a wonderful woman. She was a wonderful mother. It's just my guilt, That's what I'm dealing with, Like I feel bad thinking certain things. I never never wished her harm, never thought, oh my god, I wish it wasn't here. I just my thing in my head was, man, I wish I had more help so I can do stuff with my kids, because I felt like my kids suffered, you know, like everybody's going on vacation and they're going to the beach and they're going here and they're going there. And we never got to do that really because she wasn't healthy enough to be left alone. And so despite the Disney trip, which was wonderful and we loved it, for fifty weeks of the year, we were just here and couldn't really do anything for a very long time because we didn't have any help. We didn't have anybody come in, and I just would think to myself, I wish it was different. I wish, you know, I wish she was healthy so we can do these things. And it's not like she was ever going to get better. It was mainly her heart that gave because she, you know, she was a fib She had had a triple bypassed like twenty one years ago, so it was her heart. But then she had lung and kidney problems as well, so she you know, she had a trifectave of bad luck going on with her. And to live till ninety three is awesome, I mean really, you know, God bless her for doing that. But it's just as sad as I am that she's not here. My guilt is just overwhelming and that's something that I have to deal with and time will help that, I'm sure, But like I looked it up, and I'm not the only one. There's a lot of daughters and sons that are thinking the same thing in their heads because they sacrificed so much to take care of their loved ones. And I'm not sorry that I did it, and I'd probably do it again if I had to, which thank god, I do not, you know, but the guilt is what I'm dealing with now, and some days I'm okay, And then some days I get sick to my stomach because when she was on her deathbed and she could still hear me, all I kept saying to her is I was holding her hand, and I kept saying, I'm so sorry. I'm just sorry that I you know, if I said something or I did something, and she kept saying, stop, stop, I'm so grateful to you. I love you, and that's all she kept saying to me. And I just didn't need to get over that because I know, I know we did all we could. I know it. It's just these these thoughts in my head. I feel bad for thinking, you know, I wish she was here. I wish I could hug her and tell her I love her again. And it's just it's gonna take a while, that's all, you know. But God, she was a good woman. She was the best mom, and I'm gonna miss her so but thank you to everyone who reached out, you know, and sent prayers and well wishes, and she she's just a huge part of her lives. And I know she's with my dad and my sister now, so she's I'm not suffering, although I don't really think she was suffering. You know, she wasn't in any pain, which was a blessing. So so I deal with that. And she died on Friday. And what day was it? Was? It Monday? My husband is like, uh, I have a pain. I didn't sleep. I didn't sleep well. It was either Monday or Tuesday. I can't remember what day it was this week. Uh. And he had to for work. He had to go drive somewhere, pretty decent drive, you know, and he said, I'm having a pain in my side. But he works out like religiously, and he thought maybe he pulled a muscle something with his abs. He wasn't sure what was going on. So he makes the drive and he's driving home and he calls me and he says, it's a really bad pain. He said, I'm going to go to med Express. So I'm like okay. And as soon as he goes into met Express, the doctor sees him. He goes, you have to go to the er, and he's like okay. So he calls me and he says, I'm going to the er and he's updated me and blah blah blah. Well, here it's his appendix. And when they did the surgery, they go in and it's leaking all over the place. So thank god he went when he did, because he could have died. If you know, that stuff is toxic, it's like poison, and he would have went septic and it could have killed him. And God was watching it. I think my mom made him go to the to the the met Express and the er. I swear she gave him a little nudge and said, get that taken care of because honestly, after the week I've had, I really can't deal with much more right now. So he's been in the hospital all week and I went over I got over there twice this week to visit him and stuff. Hopefully he'll be home this weekend. But he's on an antibiotic and they're they're dreaming all of the bad stuff out of him. And he's on an IV drip because he was dehydrated. And I mean, this is a guy who takes care of himself, works out almost every day, eats right, you know, we take our supplements, all this stuff, and man, you gotta listen to your body. Please. If some even if you think, oh it couldn't be, get it checked out and make sure you're okay, because God forbid, I don't know what I would have did. Honestly, my nerves were so bad this week. I'm like, if I didn't have my kids, I would be day drinking every single day, every single day, I'd be day drinking because it's been Oh it's been a lot, you know. But I have good friends who have been, you know, talking me through it, and you're one of them, so thank you. I just uh, I'm just tired. Just I'm tired. And I have to learn how to live, you know, with a family of four instead of a family of five, and we'll get used to it. And we wanted to take the kids. We were going to you know, just to get out of the house. We were going to take the kids, you know, to the beach next week, and now we had to cancel that because hubbs Is is not doing well. So we'll get our time eventually, but right now we're just going through the motions.
Speaker 1: Man. I mean, anything else that was quite on Friday, mean my goodness, gracious, yeah, I mean that was. I couldn't believe that when you told me that the other day. That was like, that was And again, it's so smart to go to the met Express because with the lifting and the stuff that he does so very easily. I mean, I've been dealing with a neck pain right for like three weeks. I haven't gotten it checked out. But what if it's like some crazy, ridiculous thing connected in my neck that's causing this problem. He got it checked out. I mean, he could have just easily pulled something as far as he knew in his side. That is just the timing and everything just worked out perfectly. That's the that's the divine intervention right there.
Speaker 2: That's my mom. I'm convinced that's my mom.
Speaker 1: If she kicked him in the ass, she's like to go to the damn.
Speaker 2: Under doctor and see what's going on. So I booked for myself. I scheduled an appointment with my primary and I'm going to get everything done. I have to get that upper and lower. What's that called when they stick the teabe down your throat and up up your butt and uh oh, I forget the I don't know when you're fifty you're supposed to get your first one. I don't know. Whatever it is. I'm getting an scheduling and upper and lower they can do it at the same.
Speaker 1: Time broadcasting live for the podcast.
Speaker 2: Perhaps should I live stream when I.
Speaker 1: Get right on your face when they put the thing in.
Speaker 2: Jesus, I'm getting that. I'm getting blood work done to check, you know, check everything's good. Then I have to go to the gynecologist, going to get my whuha checked, Gonna go get my boobies checked for a mammogram, and then I then the dentist, and then I should be up to date for the year. I'm getting it all done. Man, you gotta take care of yourself, and I got little ones to look after, so you know, we gotta we gotta get it done.
Speaker 1: But man, get it done. What a what a couple of weeks. So I've been sitting here waiting for you paras.
Speaker 2: Last week, I just I couldn't mustard it. It was just it was too much, you know, it was I just I was just sitting I got about seventy i'd say seventy percent of her room done. I cleared out every drawer, every inch of her closet. I donated over I think it was like five bags to Purple Heart. Yeah, and her old suitcases because they were old. She still used them, God bless her. But it's we weren't going to use.
Speaker 1: Were they like the hard plastic one, like are the hard like the hard the plastic, you know what I mean, Like those hard big ones like that with the big handle on the side, like.
Speaker 2: They had a handle and this the old fashion, like it looked like leather, but I don't know if it was leather.
Speaker 1: I know exactly the ones you're talking about. We're pulling them out of my grandma's house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she still used it once she went away, so I donated. I said, well, if they don't want it, they could just throw it out. But man, she had like old clothes and old linens, and I mean, I just I got rid of a bunch. I said to myself. She was a hoarder, and not a hoarder of junk. She was a hoarder of Like I found my dad's old credit cards. Wow, that have been expired for years because my dad's been gone forever. So there were papers she kept papers from like the teens, like twenty thirteen. Like I was shredding, shredding papers, and there were the one suitcase was full of papers, and I said, what the hell is it? Like I literally sat there and at first I couldn't find the shredder. So I was ripping stuff up manually, and I probably didn't have to because they were so old, but in my mind, I'm like, oh, somebody finds this and steals identity or you know, if my name's on this. I want to get rid of everything, you know, And good lord, it took me forever to get rid of all these papers. And then like her drawers had every birthday, anniversary, greeting cards, like she just kept everything, and I, you know, looking through things, you're finding old pictures. It was just really emotional and I had to stop myself, Like I literally two days ago, I said, okay, I need a break. I'm walking out. It's just it's empty. But there's still little things here and there that I have to go in and I have to wash down the furniture. But that's there. I have plenty of time. I just I'm especially now with him in the hospital. I just needed a break, you know. So I just trying to juggle stuff. And the kids are still doing work, so I'm still doing work with them, and ugh, it's it just never ends, you know. I'm doing the best I can.
Speaker 1: So you know, well you did job.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you, and again I appreciate. Yeah, my Mom's always going to be with me, just like my dad and my sister. But I appreciate everybody reaching out and shout out to caregivers, because God bless you all. It is such a tedious job, but it's done with love and you will realize after they pass just how special you guys are and that you were to your loved ones. So I don't regret a day of it. And I just hope she knows how much I love her.
Speaker 1: I think she does, absolutely, Yeah, without a doubt.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So, But a lot's happened, you know, especially the last couple of days. We've lost two greats in the business as well. Terry Funk, who I knew very well and worked with several times. Bray Wyatt, thirty six years old, dies of a heart attack due to COVID complications. My god, what is happening in this world? Terry had been sick for a long time. I knew, you know, we knew it was coming, we just didn't know when. But Bray, that came out of left field for me. Now, I never met the guy, but tremendous talent, and I heard he's one of the nicest people you could ever meet. So my heartbreaks for that family. He's got little ones, thirty six.
Speaker 1: Got incredible thirty six. Yeah, complications from COVID apparently that led to this heart issue to come to light. He had been off TV since I round the Royal Rumble and was about to be medically cleared to come back. But again, a guy that I would say online has received scrutiny by fans that don't like that style of you know, the supernatural and some of the vignettes and some of the things that they did, but by his peers just absolutely revered. And every single thing that I'm reading about him and from what I've known from people that were with him in developmental just again, like you said, the sweetest, nicest guy, very funny, always kind of in a light, happy mood. I mean, some of these tribuas they are coming in are just absolutely heartbreaking. And you know, we'll talk about Terry Funk in a minute, but talk about you know, polar opposites in terms of you know, somebody who had yes, the sickness and then this one to come out of left field was just oh Man, just crippled the wrestling community over the last couple of days.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that the tweet from Hunter you know, Triple H was just very vague, and then I saw I think it was Sean Ross sap about the heart attack. You know, thirty six years old, you're not supposed to be having heart attacks. What is going on? So many young people are just dropping like flies now and it's all heart related, which is scary to me. I just I don't know, man, it's this is heartbreaking, you know, and and it's it's terrible when you have young children, and he had young children, very young children. God, I I couldn't. I just couldn't imagine. My heart goes out to that family. It's it's a it's a terrible thing. You know. I'm not, I'm not the biggest w w E fan out there, but the stuff that I have seen of him was so unique and so different, and he just played that character so well. And man, it's so sad, so sad to see, uh, this happened to such a young person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we talked about some of the stuff that he's we ever talked about like him directly. A lot of times. We talked about what the bray Wyatt character did for like the Alexa Bliss character and how it added that really creepy dimension to her, which you know, I mean, I wonder if they'll have that continue at some point or if that's now going to be written out forever. I mean, just again, it's not it wasn't everybody's cup of tea. But when somebody like that, that's so creative. The sad part was as they weren't hampering it a lot, and there was a lot of starting and stopping, and people had talked about over the last year so kind of some mental health issues he might have had that led to departures, because remember he had stepped away if your call for a little while and came back just really late last year. And this is just like it just it's it's so just incredibly sad for the family and for the business too, because this guy had so many different thoughts that I don't think anybody could to put on paper except for that mind. And just now you know, fortunately that's that is just thirty six years old, is way too young, but also too oddly enough, you know. Brodie Lee was another member of the Wyatt family and storyline, but also had some issues, possibly stemming from the COVID sickness that he had that led to another thing coming to light and then him passing away tragically as well. I mean, these two guys were a stick of Steve's at one.
Speaker 2: Point said very sad and you mentioned like it's you know, it's not for everybody. Not everybody embraced the character. Well, guess what, it was different. It was fresh, it was something new, you know. Not everybody needs to do the same exact thing in the business, and that's that's why it's so refreshing when somebody comes up with a character that is out of the ordinary, and even if it's not like something you dig, you have to admit it was super creative, you know. And he did it well and it wasn't the norm, and kudos to him for doing something like that, thinking outside of the box and trying to bring something different to the screen that people could enjoy. You know. I thought that the character was brilliant and it was just something that we had never seen before. Really. I mean, we've talked about WWF being super cartoony at one point and just being like a Saturday morning cartoon because the characters were just ridiculous. Some might say this was cartoony. I don't feel like it fits into that category because it was so unique and so different from the rest of what anybody else was doing, and I just thought it was, you know, a brilliant take on you know, just tapping what this guy could do, tapping his town. And it's a shame because I feel like if if he would have came back, we would have seen stuff that we probably never seen before, like his wheels this whole time have probably been turning. Because if you're an entertainer in the business and you know you're going to make a comeback, that's all you think about. You think about what can I do to top what I did last? What am I going to do now to you know, make people talk about me or make the internet pop. And I'm sure he had a bunch of stuff in the brain that he was gonna just unleash. And it's so so very sad for the business, yes, but more so for his family and for those young children that he left behind. So devastating news on that part.
Speaker 1: Very sad, absolutely, and they broke the news earlier this morning. They have scrapped creative plans for SmackDown, and I believe they'll be doing a tribute to Bray Wyatt for the entire duration. So that's uh, you know that, and that's that's how you know the the magnification of a loss in WWE world is when they scraped the creative and they give you the treatment of the full tribute. And that's I'm glad they're doing that. Yeah, that's really awesome.
Speaker 2: And also they're selling bray Whitet merchandise and all one hundred percent of the proceeds is going to Jojo, who was his girlfriend and the children, which is a class move. So I find that very admirable as well and good on WWE's part.
Speaker 1: So I saw this funny story right back posted earlier, just saying you know, he had posted something very heartfelt yesterday, but he shared a funny story because everybody always said Bray Whitt was very light and very funny and like to keep people laughing. He said, randomly before live events, Bray would come come find me on occasion to warm up and we would do this drill back and forth under hooks while bumping chest repeatedly until he was ready to go. He would always try to get me to break character when we were working with random things in the ring. Once we locked up, he told me that I had perfect nipples and started tussling around the ring with me. I never had a bad moment with him. I always remember laughing with him from f c W until the day I left.
Speaker 2: That's cute.
Speaker 1: Right back has perfect nipples. That's the thing I learned today.
Speaker 2: Here you go, So this uh the Smack Show? Is it also going to include Terry Funk?
Speaker 1: Well, I that's that is uh to be seen. Uh you know that to me? I I got said that text the other morning, but excuse me the other afternoon about Terry Funk And I mean that was he's been sick. He had been I think in some sort of you know home at some point living I couldn't get the name of my head and uh, you know, suffering from was it dementia showing your Alzheimer's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know if it was early signs of it. I'm not really sure. I just the updates I always got was he's not doing that. Well that's what I've heard for years. Yeah you know, I'm just likeugh, okay, so I don't know, but you know, you know it's coming, but when it comes, it's like, oh my gosh, you know what I mean, Like I knew my mom was eminent it was coming, but when it happens, your heart breaks because you don't want it to happen. So that's the same with Terry, Like we all knew it was gonna come. But you know he was only seventy nine. And people might say, well, seventy nine's old. Uh. You know, people are living longer these days. And if you have your health, you have everything. Money doesn't mean anything. Fame doesn't mean anything. Your health and your family. Those are the two most important things in life. Family health, that's it. And if you have those two things, you're a millionaire in my opinion. You know, And because you know, money doesn't make you live longer. Fame doesn't make you live longer. It doesn't hug you at night, it doesn't tell you I love you, So screw that. Give me my family, give me my health. That's what I want, and that's what I pray for. And so you know, at seventy nine years old, you could still have another good ten fifteen years. And I watched a video the other day the lady not the oldest lady in the world, she was ninety six years old, and it was it was a guy who just had a baby. It was a day old baby and the grandmother of the baby and the grandmother, or maybe she was the great grandmother. But she walked right in the room at the hospital and she was playing with the big so vibrant at ninety six years old. And I said, my god, I would love to live that long if I could be like that, you know what I mean, like if I had my wits about me, and I'm I can walk and I'm semi healthy. God bless her. She looked great and she's playing with the baby and she's like dancing with the baby. I'm just like, she's ninety six years old. People are living longer, yeah these days, So seventy nine, it's up there, but it's not super old.
Speaker 1: Right, you know.
Speaker 2: So it's sad. You know. I loved Terry. I've worked with Terry so many times. And I told you the hardest slap across my face I've ever taken, ever, Yes you have, that was Terry, you know what I mean. And out there he was a maniac, but when you got him in the back, soft spoken, sweetest man you'll ever meet. And I loved him. He was like a father figure to so many of us, you know, not to mention the goat of wrestling. I mean, tell me who's better than Terry Funk. Not nothing.
Speaker 1: I can't really tell you many. No, that's how many people.
Speaker 2: Can even compare to what Terry did for this business.
Speaker 1: A guy that went from a like, you know, technically sound wrestler NWA champion of the seventies eighties to this completely contrasting style reinventing himself, inspiring a generation of people, and helping a company grow in the nineties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the.
Speaker 1: Complete opposite style that he had. I mean it just he was incredible.
Speaker 2: He was amazing, And you know, I'm I'm one of the people who actually got to go to the ranch in Armadillo and see his family.
Speaker 1: And Amarillo, not Armada, Ardillo, Armadillo.
Speaker 2: What the hell am I talking about? Yeah, Amarillo. Sorry, I got to go there and I got to see his home and be with his family and just you know, know him on a different level besides just the wrestler Terry Funk, you know what I mean. And that's special to me because not many people can say they got to do something like that. Awesome to work with, but just a very very sweet and humble individual. Never came off as you know, larger than life, just the kind of like a good old boy, just loving what he did and taking pride in his work. And you know, good family man. You know, Vicky was a doll. His wife, his daughters were great. Just it's just sad, you know, it's it's again. We knew it was coming, but it's just it's sad when it actually happens. So gosh, rest in peace. I loved him, he was he was a great man.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I posted the clip the day he passed of the night you bit his ear hallowing a championship attempt there by the franchise take the title from the Funker. But when you did have to interact with Funk, did you take did you turn it up a little bit more? Because you knew he was going to turn it up too, and it was gonna make it look that much better because when you jump on him, I mean, he's feverishly going after you just as hard as you're going after him.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, you go over stuff in the back obviously sometimes, you know, sometimes because like I said, that slap wasn't supposed to be included that evening. That was just a spur of the moment thing. But like I remember on the we were on the outside and when he when we I didn't realize, like we were rolling in the ring and he we're under the rope. He rolls on top of me, and I'm like flatten like a pancake, and I'm like, okay, I need to just hold on to this guy because I wasn't sure, like, you know, am I taking a beal? Is he going to throw me? Like? What is what is happening here? I don't even know. All I know is I'm supposed to bite his ear like Holyfield and Tyson, you know, because that was what we were going for. And I don't even know if I knew he was gonna gig his ear. I can't. I don't even I don't even know how I'm a I don't think I I think he gigged. He had to have, but I don't know when that happened, because all I know when I got off him, I was covered in blood. And I told that story my mother was living. She was so and I get it. I understand that. You know, she doesn't know any of these people, and God knows what you know they're carrying in their bodies. I don't know what illnesses people have, and so I didn't want to be near blood. But the reaction of the crowd when I turned around, I'll never forget the hard camera. I turned around and I had all that and the faces were just like oh and I was like and I looked down, I'm like, oh God, I got blood all over me. Like this is gross, you know what I mean. I didn't. I don't think I turned it up because I've always been one who tried to make it as real as possible, and I'm just reacting off of what my opponent or my counterpart is doing at the time. So like with Terry, he was so like full of rage and like you like literally scare to him when you're in the ring. Like I've heard stories about guys that he used to do things that they never expected, things that were never called in the back. He would just add spots and like you just go with it because it's Terry Funk, you know what I mean. But for me, like the slap across the face, the throwing me over the top rope to the floor, Like I don't think that part aired, but that was like I I'm laying there thinking like where the hell did that come? From like that wasn't disgusted in the back, but that was Terry and people popped for it and it looked great and I didn't get hurt. I was okay, thank god. You know, maybe if I got hurt, I'd feel a different way. But it worked, you know, and that he just man, he turned into a different person. But then we get into back, oh forazing was not okay, oh thank you, and he would hug me and it was just good old Terry. You know, that's just the way he was. So you know, I didn't suffer his wrath many times, but I remember when I did because it was something that I will never forget. And I'm privileged to say I got to work with him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you guys were on the Terry Funk Retirement Show in ninety seven, the the big one at Armadillo, Texas outside of uh instead of the Double Cross Ranch, it'll be the Single Shot Ranch in Armadillo.
Speaker 2: Barbecue and a hodown and it was great. It was a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: And he always considered Shane to be his best opponent in the E. CW era because obviously they had such a big history. But I honestly feel like, like you two were such a good foil for that character of the conquering hero, you know, the the legend, the guy who was there. But when he won the title, Okay, it's like he won the title and it was Terry. This is like it was like almost like seemed like a present to Terry Funk for all his accomplishments and fun for ECW. Is that what the locker room feeling was, is Terry Funk atting the because he didn't have it that long, but for him getting the belt around the time you guys are going on pay per view? Is that something that the locker room feels some pride in is that this guy's helped us so much at this point he deserves to lead us for this short term, knowing it's not going to be this long, exhausted run. But you guys all felt all in the same page that he was the right guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I I remember like when he won it, and I believe when he came in the back, everybody like gave him a standing ovation and people were going up to and shaking his hand and congratulating him. You know, he deserved it, And I feel like, uh, you know, being able to say Terry Funk was an ECW champion. I think it gave the belt a lot of credibility because he had done so much, you know, all over the territories and for other companies, and it just made sense at that point to let Terry carry the company, whether it be you know, for a short time or a long time. And at that point we knew that it wasn't going to be forever, by I think it was the right thing to do, and I think Terry took a lot of pride in that, and any interview that I see that Terry ever did, I think he always says like his best time in the business was e CW. Like I remember hearing that several times, and and that makes me feel good, you know, because you take pride in your work. But I've always said ECW is something special, and I could say un till the cows come home, but you hear other people say it as well. And if you hear Terry Funk say it, oh man, that is a very high accolade, you know. And we loved having him there, absolutely loved it, and I think he brought more credibility to our company and we were better for having him with us.
Speaker 1: He actually holds it from April to August.
Speaker 2: So yeah, not a bad run.
Speaker 1: That's not a bad run at all for Funk. And look, every article that I've read so ECW is basically in the first paragraph because it was such a defining thing for his reinvention. And then you know, it sucked when he left. ECW went to WCW round ninety nine to two thousand when everybody was starting to really get sucked up, and they tried to do the hardcore stuff with him there and it just it didn't work. But you just knew he became the embodiment of ECW because if you guys were the and I hate always say the misfit toys or the you know, that's so lame to say that. A guy like Terry Funk, who basically had you know, promoters on the edge of their heels all the time, and Vince McMahon specifically, he had basically in the palm of his hand. He was so perfect for ECW because he was the embodiment of that misfit because this is the guy who was at the NWA champion on top of the world in Japan. You know, the legend he was. But he wanted to stay in ECW, and that was what was so cool and made ECW really stand out, I think along the mainstream fans that didn't really know what ECW was right.
Speaker 2: And again, you can't follow him for leaving because at this point, what was he like, fifty four fifty five years old?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was up there at that point, we.
Speaker 2: Were getting up there. But you got to think at that age, like how many more runs do I have? Now? We know Terry had eighty seven more runs now, but go for the money. I never faulted anyone for leaving for green or pastures. You know, if it was just work related, I think Terry would have stayed. If he could have got the same money that WCW was offering him, he definitely would have stayed with us, right, but they were throwing money left and right to people. So I don't blame anyone for jump and ship Like, there's no not an ount to me. Can can say, well, that guy's an asshole because he left. No, he's smart because he has a family. And if you're making x amount here but can make triple here, what's the obvious choice. Yeah, the wrestling might be shitty, but you got to get paid because how much longer can you actually do this? For some people it could be a year. For Terry Funk, it could be thirty.
Speaker 1: So you know it was Yeah.
Speaker 2: And it depends. He retired more times than than I've actually been on this earth. But you know, God bless him. He's done so much for the wrestling business and we have lost a true hero in this sport. So rest easy to Terry Funk and also to Bray Wyatt. Two good ones.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, So before we wrap up and we get to the the outro, one more topic I want to bring you. I know, you know it's a we've been a little heavy on the you know, the on the death tone right now for the but got it. Yeah, we got to kind of stay in that depressive zone a little bit and we have to talk about what happened, and that is somebody you're very familiar with. Former WWE star Tammy Sitch, faces twenty five years in prison after no contest plea to dui causing death charge. Were you able to follow this story as it was going on, because you know, it's been going on for so long, but this has been the latest in the craziness that's been this horrible death of the guy that was killed in his car. Unfortunately.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was getting text messages you know, you know when something breaks, like all the boys text each other and blah blah blah. So yeah, I was informed about this. Now, no contest compared to not guilty or guilty plea? What is the difference between the two terms? Is no contest emitting your guilt?
Speaker 1: Exact?
Speaker 2: I didn't really look anything up. I don't know if no contest is like a plea to get less time.
Speaker 1: Or Okay, so pleading no contest means that you will be convicted of the crime. However, you get to avoid a lengthy trial.
Speaker 2: Oh so it just skips the trial? Yes, what in a plea of guilty just skip the trial as well? Like, what's the difference in being guilty and being no contest?
Speaker 1: I would have to say, we might want to contact the law firm of Stephn p Newt.
Speaker 2: I don't understand what that means. But anyway, heartbreaking news. You know, everybody can shit on Tammy as much as she wants or as much as they want. Rather, I this hurts my heart to see this happening. Like, I don't know how many times I have to say this like disappointment, sadness. I never wanted to see her like this, you know what I mean, Like Jesus, I was praying that she got herself together after the last one, like we talked and you know, could start over again. When we went to restle Kate. I mean, she was wonderful. I can't even express how much fun we had that weekend. It was. It was great. And then just everything happened after that and that it breaks my heart, you know, But you make your own choices. I've said that a million times, like you have to deal with the consequences. And unfortunately, this is where we're at with her, so very very sad. I feel. I feel more people are commenting on the way she looks rather than the actual crime. It's just sad. It's sad. I know, it's just sad, and that's all I can say about it.
Speaker 1: And that is a very superficial thing, you know, for people to comment on the look. If we could flip the mirror around and show a lot of people that are commenting, I'm sure they wouldn't look any bit better. But you got to realize where the present state is of where she's at. And unfortunately this is probably beginning to really take a toll, you know, in a way that it couldn't because again I referenced, you know, when we had her on for the full length interview, which people have asked me to release that full interview, which we didn't because it was only available for the full on Patreon. I think I might do that for our members first, and if you want to grab it, you might have to grab a membership. I hate to plug the YouTube membership there. But that interview is so telling in a lot of ways because it seemed like somebody who thought they were bulletproof in a lot of ways, and this image that we see now does not. And that's where it finally seems like it's sinking in that oh shit, you know, my number's up.
Speaker 2: It's like maybe she's just giving up at this point, you know what I mean. You know, I can't imagine what's running through her head, like because good lord, you know, you to spend even a day in jail is terrifying to me, But to have to maybe spend a quarter of a century she would get out at seventy five years old, like your whole life is ruined. You know that that's crippling. I couldn't even imagine it. And I know I stress eat and I can't imagine in jail that you're getting good food. It's probably all carbs, you know what I mean, it's probably just a lot of breads and like starches, I would imagine. I feel like, you know, the people who are making fun of her weight, it's just I don't know, that's ha. I mean, you know, and and a lot of people are saying, well, she deserves it. She's this type of person, She's that type of you know, you can you can have your own opinion, do you think what you want? I know, she was my dear friend for years. I'm not pleased this outcome. You know, I don't condone drunk driving one hundred percent. I'm going to say that right off the bat. I'm not condoning what she did at all. But it hurts me to see that this did happen to her and it got this far. And that's that's pretty much it. You know, I don't even I can't even imagine, like it's it's sickening how far this is gone over how many years, Like it's it's just sad, It's very sad. You know, so curious to see what the judge thinks. Do they take into account, you know, her past record. Does it all add up? Or is it just you know, the recent stuff that happened with the gentleman who passed away. I don't know. I don't know how any of this stuff works.
Speaker 1: I think if they went to the trial, the past record would have been really the main focus, because if the maximum sentence is twenty five years, I mean, and they started pulling out left and right all these different examples of you know what, when, why, and how these things have happened over the years, I think she would have without a doubt gotten the maximum. But now that it's no, you know, no contest, I don't know how that's going to work. But I mean, how do you not think that somebody with that kind of background, or the history that the duys and and all the substance abuse issues could eventually play into a release and something happening again. Just because you say, hey, you can't drive, your licenses are vote doesn't mean somebody's not going to get in a car and drive again. So that's where I think that the maximum is within field goal range.
Speaker 2: I guess time will tell when when is the.
Speaker 1: I don't think it says explicitly when the sentencing is, but it just says that. I mean, I would assume it's coming rather quick. The first thing I had seen about it was early August that it was starting to talk, and then here we were last week where they came at it again.
Speaker 2: So I saw November for something.
Speaker 1: Is it the one? The article I have up doesn't have that in it.
Speaker 2: Okay, I could be wrong, but it's just a terrible, terrible outcome, you know. I I'm not going to sit here and ship on her. Uh, just very Uh. I'm disgusted that it came this far because that's not the Tammy, I know, you know what I mean, that's this is just not her and it's it's just this this overall, I feel for God, the man who died terrible, his family terrible, you know, it's it's it's a sick, sickening situation, just horrible.
Speaker 1: We'll continue to follow it and the next updates that come will discuss as they are released, but for the time being, that's that's the end of the story for the moment. Yeah, so moving on, I think that's it. I'm is there anything that we can bring up that doesn't have a you know, depressing undertone at the end of it. Do we have something well, we can close on light.
Speaker 2: We could talk about our YouTube channel and how we finally hit the eight thousand subscribers on our route to ten thousand. And if you're watching right now or listening to this broadcast, you could go over to ECWD for Francine and hit that subscribe button. It's free and we would love to have you on board. We're slowly climbing the mountains.
Speaker 1: Slowly, we're gonna get the video I put up the other day of you and Shelley talking about fake Easy Dub under let me tell you something that fake Easy Dub might not have been a great experience, but god damn do people love hearing about it. So that's thatison. That was like an instant like win response with the way people were commenting on how much you guys got cheated at a time you guys should have been used better. I mean, it was like clockwork, how fast it was coming in. I just always laugh at how short the time was, but how much people love to hear about it.
Speaker 2: We could have had magic together Shelley and I and it's a shame it was cut short, and I blamed Boss Bahony for that, because you know, if it wasn't for that damn drug test, we would have kept going and maybe something cool could have happened. But she was fun to work with for the short amount of time that I did work with her, And the best part about that whole feud was we still talk to this day and we're still very good friends. And that's a plus for me. And I'm glad that that happened. But what could have been? I mean, man, you know that that spot that would have been an awesome spot to do, and Undertaker was all for it, and he was like, yeah, it sounds great, and then they were like absolutely not and we were like what so, uh, you know, if you haven't seen it, go back and watch that video because it's it's kind of interesting. You know. We hated the fakey seedub, but something magical could have happened that night and it just didn't, you know. And the one night my foot got cut open, did I mention.
Speaker 1: That, No, you didn't know? You mentioned the parfa and the bad belly, Yes.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, taking me to McDonald's, uh, eating two parfas. That was terrible. But I cut my foot open. It was when I was wearing the red dress that the and I go to climb in the ring and Shelley holds my leg. I cut. I sliced my foot on something. And I remember coming in the back because I didn't have any shoes on and my foot was all bloody and uh right away, oh medic, medics. They whisked me to the chair. They sit me down there clean. What tough one.
Speaker 1: But yeah, no, you did not tell that one. You didn't share.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that just came to my mind. But that blood all over and I must have cut myself on a when something under the ring or just something. I don't know what it was, or maybe Shelley bit me with her vampire vampires.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say that.
Speaker 2: And I gigged. I don't know, but uh, you know, we we could have had something special. But at least we you know, we got to know each other better and now we're friends, which is great.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I shouldn't take that. I gotta take this down. I gotta I gotta pull this one off. Okay, I need something a little more. There we go. Uh, yeah, that's about it now. Besides that, you know, on the Chad Stars and just been crazy busy and uh really working my tail off for the and wanting to continue to see it grow. So all, all's good on my end for now, but that could change when we got off this call.
Speaker 2: Okay, well keep me tested, okay.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Well speak of that YouTube channel. Head on over to YouTube dot com slash ecwdba Francine, subscribe, hit the membership. We're gonna go live soon. Join us for that. We do some live uploads or excuse me, live to tape uploads for the members when we do our live recordings. Guests coming. But again, digging into the archive, you know that damn archive just it's endless. It's just like this tunnel that keeps going down and down and down. We're freaking awesome.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: I can't get enough. So finding the different, you know, topics to discuss and relive. I will keep adding them, even though people think that they're brand new, which is great, you know, but if they look, what is your different house behind me? It's a different house.
Speaker 2: Who cares that? Let them think it's new.
Speaker 1: I went gray very badly over that couple of years. I see some of those from twenty nineteen twenty twenty. Oh man, I had some a lot darker hair just for men.
Speaker 2: If you want to sponsor my podcast, I'd be more than willing to talk.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, the sideburns are all white. But oh I used it when I went to the wedding. I was I was almost jet black.
Speaker 2: Look at you. Wow. Okay, it just goes away. It just goes away. Where can they follow you on social media?
Speaker 1: Follow me at chad i NB on Twitter, at IBU Exclusives on Instagram. Go to get my Go on YouTube. New episode I think just dropped this past week audio only, but subscribe to Get My Go and you know, just the bookmark IB Exclusives. Dock Oh, the drinks on Doug shirt is coming. The graphic has been made. Okay, I mean does it. He doesn't listen to jerk, but he will be getting that for his birthday as a great, big surprise. I'm telling you, I don't know how many people are gonna buy it, but I don't care. It's maybe two if his friends buy it. If one of his friends buy it because they know his very generous nature, win.
Speaker 2: Win win, okay, well, royalties for the Chad st I know if I get a free one. I'll wear it. I'm not pad.
Speaker 1: We'll get Yes, you will get a free Wathers. There's a short list of the freebies already. Uh, and you're you're on it.
Speaker 2: I'll put it over for you. New channel alert. I told my buddy I would plug it. Shane Douglas has a new channel right now. It's called Shane Douglas Official. I don't think they're keeping that name. They're trying to toss around some names. But uh, if you can go look up Shane Douglas Official on uh YouTube killing it already. James from w s I is involved and uh, they're they're doing some good stuff over there, so give him a sub. And uh, but you have to give me a sub first, Yes, first subt oh.
Speaker 1: I saw breaking news to go along with that channel. I have been told that I am the best looking podcast partner that Shane ever had. Just just James, just so James knows, Yeah, who told you that?
Speaker 2: You?
Speaker 1: I told that to Shane and he agreed.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, very good. Okay. And across the board on social media you can find me at E C W D ver Francine. And with that, that is a wrap