Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: It's our two on this Monday, Dan and the dnet's Dan Patrick Show. We're down to Danette Seaton's already in Green Bay. Took the Maco van up there. We'll be there later on today or tomorrow, getting ready for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday in Green Bay. And you can join us at the bar on Home Gren Way. We'd love to see you, whether it's a studio audience appearance or the meet and greet where we'll have on Wednesday night from four to six, eight, seven seven three. DP show email address dpat Danpatrick dot com, Twitter handle a DP show. Good morning. If you're watching on Peacock, thank you downloading the app. And we say good morning to our radio affiliates over four hundred cities that carry this program. It's Draft week and still some questions. Mel Kiper will join us next hour. We'll try to answer some of those questions. And I still go back to the and I've been covering drafts for over thirty five years now Best available you hear that a lot, but then you're going to get a team at the top of the draft. Tennessee Best Available is that cam Ward or is it the best available quarterback? Because if I said to you, Abdul Carter and Travis Hunter are going to be Hall of famers, let's just say, let's just have fun with this. But to understand the philosophy of NFL gms, now they're going to be a Hall of famer. You can take a guy who will be a Hall of famer, or you can take a guy who's the best quarterback in the draft, but you're not sure if he's the guy, if he's going to be a franchise quarterback. He played for three different colleges and now you're going to get him. And yes, he's got athleticism, he's got what you want. But he would probably have been the fifth or sixth quarterback taken last year. But you're going to at the top of the draft, knowing you got to get better, you're going to take him. That's what I don't understand. Like Miles Garrett, Browns took him at number one, he's going to be a Hall of famer. I don't know if Abdull Carter is Miles Garrett, but boy he's different. And look at Travis Hunter. By all accounts, he's going to be a Hall of Fame type talent, but you're going to draft a quarterback number one overall, and even the Giants at three, Hey, we need a quarterback. Okay? Is he the right quarterback for you? And you're there at three? You took two quarterbacks and Jameis Winston and Russell Wilson. But then you hear this, Well, you know the Giants like him, but they might trade back into the first round. Okay, if you like your quarterback, take your quarterback. Because you're now you're going to run the risk of is he going to be there? And if you're going to trade up to get Daniel Jones and look what happened there. But if you want your guy, get your guy. You're at three. You're at three for a reason because you're not any good. Does that guy make you better next year? And he doesn't? Will he make you better in year three? Boy? You better hope or year two you better hope because you don't want to be in these situations again. How do I avoid being in this situation again? How about I get some guys who are going to make us better right away. I don't know if cam Ward is that, I don't know. If he's that guy. I know that he's got intangibles and everybody loves what they see, and he's got athleticism and a great art. I understand all of that. The draft is littered with guys like that, Are you getting the right guy? And is he the right guy for your team? Right now? Wasn't Will Levis your guy? That's how quickly it ends. It could be one year. I mean the Colts, they might be moving on from Anthony Richardson. I don't even think he's twenty two. Josh Rosen one and done. Jobs are at stake. Giants coaching staff has to win. They have to win that might be first half of the year. They have to win above five hundred record in a division that's got, you know, three other good teams, one great team, one very good team, and one team that could be good. They gotta win. So you factor that into the draft. That what makes it really interesting here. And you don't have the marquee tallant in the draft. You know you'll have guys that five years from now, ten years from now, you go, oh, he was in that draft. But Travis Hunter feels like you can't miss. Wouldn't you want the guy? Who can't miss over the guy who might miss. What's the poll question, Todd?
Speaker 3: Okay, the pole question has to do with the Thunder and how far they're going to go. We've got I think the Thunder will win the NBA title? Sure as a twenty five percent too early? Seventy five?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that that's a you know, it's an easy cop out for people. Just do you think they're going to the finals? Yes?
Speaker 4: Or no?
Speaker 1: Not?
Speaker 2: You know? Are you sure? How sure? Not sure? So I would change that? What else do we have? Poll question wise?
Speaker 3: We also have Foegne conclusion the Celtics will represent the East in the NBA finals. True dat?
Speaker 2: Slow your role?
Speaker 5: In another one we just added recently.
Speaker 2: You wrote that, thank you. Yeah, I see the Celtics in the finals. So your true dad? I am true dad, not slowly your role. No, no, I'm not going to slow my role.
Speaker 5: True dat dat true dad? Excuse me, Frizzy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I will try to help you get hipper mar Okay, I'm gonna try.
Speaker 5: When you say I mean Dug Club, I'm like Doug Club, not the club.
Speaker 2: No no, no, Doug Club, not not the one that I go to. It's Doug Club. Is there a club called the Duck Club?
Speaker 5: One?
Speaker 6: Oh, you can find me in Duck Club, Doug Club, bottle blub, Yes, I.
Speaker 7: Go to the club with two e's. That's quiet. It isn't my club the Club.
Speaker 2: Eight seven seven three DP show email and SDP at Dan patrick dot Com Twitter handle the DP Show. We recap the basketball over the weekend, but we'll do it again with a little more detail with Chris Haynes, Senior NBA Insider, Best and worst of the weekend, What you saw that you liked, you didn't like, and then Milk Kuiper Draft Expert a little bit later on. I talked about playoff experience and it's real and you're seeing some of these teams. Houston gets beat by Golden State. The Rockets have they're starting five, has it combined seventy four games of playoff experience. Draymond Green has one hundred and fifty seven, Steph has one forty seven, and Jimmy Butler has one nineteen playoff point Steph Curry has just under four thousand. The Rockets entire roster has just over twenty three hundred points.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Stat of the Day brought to you by Panini America. This is why the Warriors are favored and the Rockets are the number two seed. It's because of playoff experience. You have teams built for the regular season. We're gonna find out if the Rockets are built for the postseason. Just like OKAC last year. People still had their doubts here. You know, they had their doubts on Minnesota last year because we look at you know how young these teams are, and a lot of these teams, I mean, Oklahoma City starting five is probably twenty three to twenty four average age, and you're asking them to go out there on a big stage. And in some cases you're facing really experienced teams, Hall of Fame coaches, and that does factor in. All Right, we'll get phone calls, yampauling.
Speaker 7: I have a quick NBA quiz based off what you just said.
Speaker 2: Can you guess?
Speaker 7: Can anyone guess the youngest team to ever win an NBA championship average age of their roster. I'll give you a hint. It was in the seventies, youngest team to NBA and win an NBA in modern day. The youngest team modern day, I'm gonna give you just the eighth all time would be the fourteen to fifteen Golden State Warriors. The roster averaged just over twenty six years. This team in the seventies was just over twenty four years old.
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, forman.
Speaker 5: The seventy seven Blazers.
Speaker 7: Who else would like to guess that's a hint that Marvel was right? The seventy seven Blas youngest team ever to win a title.
Speaker 2: Okay, eyah, Well, you had Walton was three years out of UCLA. Maurice Lucas was the tricky part of how old Mo was. But you had Lionel'hollins who was around Bill's age. You had Johnny Davis out of Dayton. You loved that squad, Yes, I do. You had Larry Steele, you had Bobby Gross and you had doctor Jack Ramsey. That was good. That was good. Dave towards Zick was on that team too, Dave towards Zick. A lot of consonances name, David's not a lot of vowels in that name, Dave towards Zick.
Speaker 7: Yes, whilst we're playing, would you like to play the oldest team to ever win an NBA championship? This team, the average age of the roster was thirty two.
Speaker 2: Dang the seventy six ers.
Speaker 7: No, I'll give you a hint to the nineties team, which should eliminate a lot.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you have to factor in the bulls. That's it. That's it.
Speaker 7: Ninety seven ninety eight bulls.
Speaker 2: I was going to take my chance.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, that hints out the little thirty two years old and ninety seven ninety eight Scugga bulls. A couple of years ago, a while back, the twenty eleven Mavericks were thirty one years old average age.
Speaker 2: That was with Dirk Naviitsky. We're old now a tuba Uh the circu Remember remember when I was there shooting around in Dallas and he came in and he's like, the circus is in town.
Speaker 7: He was very upset.
Speaker 2: I know, like, what are you doing here? Well, Avery Johnson invited me there to shoot around, and I didn't know Dirk back then, but I every time he comes on, I get him grief. Every time those are because is in dun It's like, come on, media member talking hairdue, get out of here.
Speaker 7: Yes, you didn't see because you were shooting at the mass practice against Avery Johnson, Nick Van Exel and some of the other players and Mark Cuban. They're pumping it up and having a good time, and every time you two would go, another shot would go.
Speaker 2: The practice. He's very frustrated. Yeah, I was. I was shooting against Avery Johnson and we were playing horse and Avery could hit a fifteen footer he never missed, and I tried to take him out deeper, and uh he thought he put me away, and then all of a sudden, I make it and you hear Nick van Exel, He's like, oh God, like he couldn't believe. It's like back the bus up and I'll basically roll over me. And then Novitski would get so upset because, uh who Rolando Blackman. I was shooting against him. Now, Roe was a good shooter, but I dusted him off, and uh, his teammates were roughing him up. I'm like, anybody else want a piece of me? I had nothing to lose because these guys are all NBA players. But Roe Blackman was a really good shooter. And we played some game called Knockout. Wove Blop was in the Knockout game. I knocked him out to a blomp. Oh, come on, get out of the Year media. That's there because he's in town. Oh my god. Uh Joe and Grand Rapids. Hi Joe, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 4: Good morning, Dan, first time, long time?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 4: What five seven semisoft soft?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 4: Uh? Just about my Detroit Piston's too bad they only lasted three quarters. Hopefully they'll put a four quarter game together tonight. I had a suggestion for the minuke bolt warm up pants. Hang them up from the raptors above the basketball court and maybe have a little ceremony doing so. Anyways, Dan, great talking to you.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Joe. Well, I have Bulls warm up pants from the seventy six ers, but I don't want to hang them in the raptors because then that effects if you're shooting hoops, so I don't want to do that. Still trying to figure out where you put minuke Bulls warm up pants. That old problem. Yeah, it's weird to say I'm running out of room in this man cave, but I'm kind of running out of room in this man cave. I need a bigger building. Oh no, I think, Yeah, the.
Speaker 5: Big german would love to hear that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, yeah, you know what. I may have to put some things in storage and refresh all of these rooms that I have here. I mean, I got there's great jerseys in here, you know, maybe some of Sandler's movie posters. Yeah, that's sacrilegious. Yeah, but I could have to. You know, I still have it in the building. I just have to put it, maybe not on display. Your filmography is that is true? And I'm waiting to see what the movie poster for Happy Gilmore Too looks like.
Speaker 5: I'm not.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna be in the poster, just saying.
Speaker 6: Yes, now, DP, you can't take those down. That's gonna hurt your chances of getting the in Memoriam when you die at the Oscars, that's gonna hurt.
Speaker 2: Okay, fair enough, And I want to get up there in Memoriam.
Speaker 5: Is that one picture of you as the cop and Chuck and Larry with the mustache?
Speaker 2: It doesn't I've got a mustache and a few of them. I have a mustache and Happy Gilmour too. Not to give away the plot, but Sandlers like Danny, you gotta wear a mustache she has, Paul.
Speaker 7: Do you think you need like a breakout role like JK. Simmons and Whiplash? He was kind of a character actor and then exploded in that.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's going to happen well, because I do drop hints to Will Ferrell. He just doesn't pick up the hints because I'm thinking there might be something there. He's got a movie with zac Efron, and I thought, if you want to have some eye candy me and zac Efron Hello, But he just doesn't. You know Bill Hayter, I reached out to him with the you know, the Great Show Barry on HBO. I thought I was going to be in. I said, look, I'll play a corpse. I don't care crickets. Didn't hear anything bad. So it's I'm grateful for Sandler, but I would love to see maybe another movie set. I'd like to expand my range a little bit. Maybe I have a love interest. Oh you've had one? Though I did. I did not. I didn't make out with her. I kissed her.
Speaker 5: So you're looking for a good makeout session.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sessh. We like to call it. Who was that was? Kobe mclendenny McLendon hypen Kobe, Okay, she was from the Goldberg Goldberg's Yeah, yeah, yeah, anyway, I can't I don't know. It was just a peck it it was only a kiss. Yeah, but it started like this, It was only a kiss. All right, let me take a break. We're just getting started here. Great to be back from vacation, and uh, we look forward to seeing you for you happen to be in Green Bay. That'll be great. We'll be up there Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. We'll take a break, we'll come back after this Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 9: Hey, Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and together we're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 10: You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 9: Why should you listen to Covino and Rich.
Speaker 10: We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's going on.
Speaker 6: In the world.
Speaker 9: We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss.
Speaker 10: And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together. I mean that says something.
Speaker 9: Right, So check us out. We like to get you involved too, take your phone calls, chop it up. As they say, I'd say, the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the.
Speaker 2: Most interactive show on planetar.
Speaker 9: Be sure to check out Covino and Rich live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific, And if you miss any of the live show, just search Covino and Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media that's Covino and Rich.
Speaker 2: The Chimberwolves beat the Lakers Minnesota made a franchise playoff record twenty one to three pointers. So when JJ Reddick and Lebron say, hey, you know, we were surprised at the physicality of that, Well, okay, but what about the three pointers that you gave up twenty one. Let's doctor Chris Haynes, senior NBA insider and host of the Haynes Briefs show on YouTube. He is covering the Bucks and Pacers, and then he's going to go to the Rockets and the Warriors. Worst first round lost so far turned in by who.
Speaker 8: Hmm, Well, I mean, I think you definitely got I mean the worst. I think you say the worst by a point differential. You can say to Memphis Grizzlies. You know, the way they lost to Oklahoma City. But I think most people believe that Oklahoma City is going to get out of the first round relatively unscathed.
Speaker 5: But the team you just talked.
Speaker 8: About right now, the Lakers and the Minnesota Timberwolves, even though that's not I understand the Lakers have the higher seed, but I think that's a pretty even match up. And I think when you look at the athleticism, you look at the dog of Anthony Edwards, and you just look how they went into La and took care of business in the threes. Those threes were opened up by driving penetration overhelping Anthony Edwards would be able to get to whatever he wanted to get to on the court. And it was setting up guys and guys found the rhythm and once they found it, they didn't let go of that rhythm.
Speaker 5: So the Lakers have some issues for sure.
Speaker 2: The Memphis loss like it was laughable, Like after a while, you're just going, I mean, does Memphis have any pride here? And I know we see teams turn it around, get blown out, and then they come back and they'll make it competitive, maybe win that game. But Oka C seems to have learned something from last year like that. It feels like they understand, you know, how to be a playoff team. I don't know if you have them going to the NBA Finals.
Speaker 8: Put me on the spot, DP, I haven't made a selection. Nobody, nobody has ever asked me yet for my prediction. I got them in.
Speaker 2: The Clint Waits you know, have started, Chris, you know how this works. You can't wait till you know.
Speaker 8: Well, usually DP. Usually that's how it works. Like if you don't get asked because now because now you get to see these games, go on to see a trend, and then somebody they might ask you in the semi finals round. Then I'll have a better gaze. Then I'll look much more smart, smarter, and brighter.
Speaker 2: Than give me your two favorites.
Speaker 8: To win the favorite two favorites, I would say, okay, see come out the West and Boston to come out the East.
Speaker 2: Okay, then give me your other two.
Speaker 8: Following them, the other two, I would have to go with God's tough.
Speaker 5: You know, I want to say Denver.
Speaker 8: I want to, but there's been so much the team is different, changing of a coach. I think that series with the Clippers is going to go seven games. I don't know who's coming out. I want to say Denver, DP. Don't hold me to that. Please, don't hold me to that. I want to say Denver.
Speaker 5: But in the.
Speaker 8: East, I understand Cleveland had the best record over there for the most part. Oh boy, there are about a few other teams that I can see making noise in the East. I think if New York gets on the run, they can do some things. I think if Damian Lillard gets back, I think the Bucks and Giannis can do some things. It's tougher in the East for me, DP, I will say. I will say between New York and Milwaukee.
Speaker 2: A team not in the playoffs, the Atlanta Hawks, the Tree Young situation. Yeah, you look at his numbers and you go, God, those are great numbers. But I don't know what kind of player he is. I mean, I can watch him play, but it just seems like he's going to put up really good numbers for a team that nobody really cares about. And I wonder does he need to be on another team to show how good he can really be, how clutch he can be playing in big moments, And I don't know, like Dame Lillard, and maybe it's not a fair comparison, but we look at Dame and go, God, he's playing great and meaningless games for the most part, and then all of a sudden he gets traded and it's at the latter part of his career. I don't know if the Hawks are at that point where they yo, you know, maybe we're better off without Trey Young. What do you think?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 8: I had Trey on my show, The Hainsbury Show on YouTube. Everybody check it out. I had him on my show last week and I asked him about that DP, just about where he's at with the organization, with his career, and he said he's in a good spot. He said he knew that there was going to be speculation once the Hawks went to a younger core had the number one pick. He knew there was going to be speculation about his future, but he said he bought in. He took the you know, Zach number one pick. He brought him to his hometown in Oklahoma to show him around, to spend some time with him. Right after Zach was drafted, just to get him engaged. And so he's somebody who again just just told to me about a week and a week and a half ago that he's down with the process. He wants to see this alta Hawks squad turn the corner and he wants to be a pivotal partner. And then dp he changed his game this past season like he was more I think we know that trade is a great facilitator, but he modified his game like it wasn't just shoot first trade. You know, this was a guy who was getting guys involved, and so that that speaks to his maturity, and that speaks to you know, him trying to empower his teammates. But with that being said, there definitely are teams out there who are monitoring his situation and trying to see if there's going to become a point this all season where that he can be had and where he can't be moved, because he's definitely a guy who want Like Trey is one of the most competitive guys in this league. When he went to that conference finals a few years ago, played against the you know.
Speaker 5: He wanted he wanted to continue on.
Speaker 8: He wanted the organization to do things to make moves to keep the team on the trajectory. Now they took it a little backstep of the you know in recent years. He wants to get back to that point. But as of now, DP, I can say, I haven't heard anything on Trey side that will lead me to believe that he wants out right now.
Speaker 2: Will Yannis finish his career in Milwaukee?
Speaker 5: I don't think so. I don't think so.
Speaker 8: I just you know, this is going to be a pivotal playoff this twenty twenty five playoffs for the Milwaukee Bucks.
Speaker 5: It's going to be pivotal, you know.
Speaker 8: Will if they don't get to the finals, win the finals, or even make a deep run, you can probably see some wholesale changes going on in Milwaukee from you know, you can go from coaching staff, from front office to the players. Like it can be a pretty big, significant wholesale if Milaukee Bucks don't make a significant run this postseason.
Speaker 2: Could you see them trading Joannis?
Speaker 8: I could see them going in a different direction, And yeah, I can see that possibility if things go sour this postseason, for sure.
Speaker 2: He's Chris Haynes, Senior NBA Insider, host of the Haynes Briefs show on YouTube. He's covering Bucks Pacers for Game two and then heading to the Rockets and the Warriors. You know, the Warriors winning the game against Houston and then we see that playoff experience that they have and Golden State, to me, is a fascinating situation because can you do this? Can you win four games? Can that group? You know, because that's what it takes every one of these series, you can say, are you able to win four? And I think they I think they could go to the Western Conference Finals. And I don't know if anybody would be surprised, but would you be more surprised if the Warriors went to the Western Conference Finals or the Lakers did.
Speaker 8: I would be more surprised if the Lakers went to the Western Conference Finals because the Golden State Wars, they still have their nucleus in place, and they've upgraded in Jimmy Butler, somebody who fits seamlessly in what they're trying to do on the offensive end and defensive end.
Speaker 5: The Lakers, we knew there was going to be some growing pains.
Speaker 8: You're talking about two Hall of Fame basketball players, but they have very similar ways of playing the game, and they both require the ball and it's worked better than what I thought. When I'm talking about Lebron James and Luca doctors. But we're talking about going to State. Man, they're just plugging in. You know, Jimmy Butler with somebody who could fit. And he saw what he did, clutch baskets after clutch baskets, making plays, and he's somebody that doesn't have to take a lot of shots to be efficient. And so I think, I I you know, I'm talking the Lakers and Warriors. I think the Warriors will have an easier path to get to the get to the finals than the Lakers.
Speaker 2: Best in basketball right now is who.
Speaker 5: Are we talking about in the playoffs or overall?
Speaker 2: Let's do playoffs?
Speaker 5: DP.
Speaker 8: You know what, DP, You're really good at what you do because you know this is this is why, this is why you get a lot out of Charles Barkley. You know, you know how to answer, you know how to ask the right questions. You never know what you're going to ask and it requires an answer.
Speaker 2: So let me say, now you were stalling with the compliment. I see right through you, Chris, Okay, I know how this works here.
Speaker 5: That's why you do.
Speaker 2: Do you think there's a better tandem not in the playoffs than in the playoffs?
Speaker 8: No, I can't say that, Okay, and I would get ridiculed for even saying there's a better tantent that's not in the playoffs, because if they were, they would be at the playoffs.
Speaker 2: You're stalling once again by saying regular season play homes.
Speaker 8: Okay, let's let's allow me to go. I don't want to disrespect the champions.
Speaker 5: Allow me to go. Jason Tatum Jaylen Brown? Is that safe? Is that safe? After DP?
Speaker 2: Yeah? But I don't want safe. Do you really feel that right now the best tandem in basketball is Tatum and Brown over Jimmy Steph, Luca Lebron.
Speaker 5: The best talent in basketball pound for pal is.
Speaker 2: No, we're not. We're just best tandem. Will you stop? You're better than this.
Speaker 5: DP? Lebron, Luca?
Speaker 2: Okay, See that's not that hard.
Speaker 5: It actually was.
Speaker 2: Which team did the best job of tanking for Cooper Flag?
Speaker 5: You know what it was?
Speaker 8: It was a lot of teams that had a really good job. You know, I'm going to go with the Utah Jazz. They let it be known pretty early on. They put out a They put out a release and just basically said, these seven guys aren't playing for the rest of the season.
Speaker 5: You know, it was these minor injuries.
Speaker 2: The NBA Awards season, you have to play at least sixty five games. I was wondering Jared Jackson Junior, I thought was gonna win the Defensive Player of the Year. He's not one of the finalists here.
Speaker 5: How many games did he plays?
Speaker 2: He played seventy four, but he's not one. So it wasn't even one of those where because he gets that super Max deal if he wins Defensive Player of the Year again. And I thought with Victor wen Been Yama out, then he was the favorite. He's not even one of the I got Dyce and Daniels, Draymond.
Speaker 5: Dra Well, d P.
Speaker 8: Draymond's had a phenomenal season. But you know, Dyson Daniels leads the league in steals. Evan Mobley, I would have you know. I felt like all along, Evan Mobley might have been the front runner to win that award award what he's done with Yeah, I do think I think so as well. I think he's the favorite. But Jared Jackson, you know, it was a tough. This was a tough one this year. And and DP, I'm telling you I don't have a vote this season, which I'm glad because DP. Around this time, you know, players that have those claws in their contract, they start to call me around the last two weeks of the season, Hey, you know my situation, who are you voting for it?
Speaker 5: And it just puts me in a tough spot.
Speaker 8: I'm not gonna name names, but I've had multiple players call me constantly over the path last you know, the lab but the last two weeks of the season, just to get a gauge, and I'm.
Speaker 5: Like, damn, man, that's that's tough about to be here.
Speaker 2: Anybody try to buy your vote, like saying, hey, Chris uh Man, I got these new Jordans and what changes do you wear? Or hey, you know once you go out go out to dinner, you know, maybe made me go to Cabo. I'll make sure you take care of you.
Speaker 8: They haven't said that, they haven't tried to buy it. But what they did do they do They do try to propose an appearance you know what hey, you know they the way they say it, like, hey, you know what, you have a nice show.
Speaker 5: I could think about coming home.
Speaker 2: If great to talk to you.
Speaker 5: DP any time. Man, you take care of brother.
Speaker 2: Best tandem in the NBA is who Luca?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: I just want to make sure thank you Chris Chris Ayn, Senior NBA insider. And you can watch a show on YouTube, the Haynes Briefs Show. Hey, you got to rough them up a little bit there, give him a little of their own medicine. There, let me take a break. We will give you our best and worst of the weekend. More of your phone calls and mel kiper Draft Expert next hour.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Wapp pay just sent me an auction item and it is a Jerry West game worn during the nineteen sixty nine to seventy season when he won the scoring title and it's up for auction. M what's the starting bid on Jerry West Jersey.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna guess the starting bid, but it's game used, it's photo matched. In the past, they've had trouble matching Jerry West jerseys to actual games he's been in there. This is an absolute lock. You know, he wore it in at least four games, if not more. The going rate for this one, the estimate is.
Speaker 2: One hundred and fifty.
Speaker 7: Seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars. It's very rare, as you can imagine.
Speaker 2: And somebody is going to get a nice gift. They're nice purchase there. Well, you should keep it for yourself. You shouldn't give it. Oh no, I won't be bidding on this now. I have something that you can't buy in that's memories of interviews with Jerry West. You can have a jersey. You could live vicariously through that jersey. I live vicariously through myself interviewing Jerry West. I don't need a jersey, but if someone like to get it for you, and then I would take the jersey. I would gladly take that jersey and I would wear it. But like out shoot and Jumpers, Yeah, the church, you know, maybe a wedding reception and a guard. Yes, Tom, Hey, it possibly wear that.
Speaker 5: I know you're a bike the siature. Someone spills their cranberry juice.
Speaker 2: On your you're the one that drinks cranberry.
Speaker 3: I would end up purposely spilling like three quarters of a million dollars.
Speaker 2: Now you got to stay Now, I would do that. I wouldn't. I wouldn't wear it. I wouldn't. I might wear it one time and then that'd be it. Then I would close it up. Yeah, Pauling, I'm looking at the photo of it. It's just gorgeous.
Speaker 7: I mean it's got the stitching, the raised lettering the old days that shadow box Lakers look purple home love it.
Speaker 2: And I don't think they gave them that many jerseys back then, So I'm guessing that was his jersey. Uh, you know, for half of the games that he played in that year, the home and away. All Right, how about we go around the room. Best and worst of the weekend, Todd, I'm gonna start with you.
Speaker 5: My best of the weekend was the Nuggets.
Speaker 3: Russell Westbrook in Game one against the Clippers Saturday, clutch three point at the the regulation, scored ten points in the fourth and overtime in the winter La made a huge defensive play to clinch the victory. So I like how that played out for Russell Westbrook and the Nuggets. Worst of the weekend found this interesting Saturday. After initially announcing only the first twenty thousand fans in attendance would receive a Paul Skeen's bobblehead. The Pirates brass decided to give a voucher so that all in a tennis can receive one. So that started out very nice. But as the Pirates lost three nothing to the Guardians on Saturday, wasting a very strong outing from Paul Skeens, the sellout crowds started channing sell the team, loudly echoing throughout the Pirates ballpark.
Speaker 2: You know, it's a shame. It's a great city. They love their baseball, great ballpark, but they're not going anywhere. And they've got young talent. They're just not going anywhere. And if you're a fan, you hate to be sort of a pit stop, a truck stop. Hey, just dropping off some players. I'll be back to pick them up and take them to some o their team. I mean, Sens isn't going to end his career there, And you know, I get it, like how much do you support a team that is really a minor league team. For some other teams, you don't spend money. You're in the bottom, like bottom seven payroll. They haven't been to a NLCS since what ninety two. When's last time and they made the playoffs like over a decade ago, maybe twelve years ago, was twenty thirteen, Yeah, Paulin.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the Pirates made the playoffs thirteen, fourteen, and fifteen. In the past thirty two years, they've made the playoffs those three times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but this is baseball. I mean, look at what's going on in Sacramento and they don't even have the camera angles. Aaron Judge hits a home run. The Tampa situation as well, the Sacramento situation. You know you got a home run, it's not a home run. Wait a minute. You know you're trying to get the right angle here. Aaron Boone gets tossed from the game. It's just this isn't as many great things as baseball has done. This is an embarrassment. It is You're going to be in Sacramento for another couple of years. It's major League baseball. It's not like the Kansas City Chiefs are playing their games at Southwest Missouri State. I mean, come on, what are we doing? Okay, Marvin Western Wurtz to the Weekend.
Speaker 6: Real quick bloop on you said pit stop we're talking about means.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, very good. Okay, all right.
Speaker 6: Our best of the weekend the New York Knicks going on a twenty one zero a run in the fourth quarter against the Pistons led by Cameron Pain. That was not on my Bengo card. Worse of the weekend the Baltimore Orioles. They're a major league team. They lost twenty four to two to the Cincinnati Raids. Embarrassing.
Speaker 2: Did the Bengals score twenty four points against the Ravens in a game this year? I'm curious since the red scored twenty four against the Orioles. Pauli Best and worst of the week.
Speaker 7: Staying with that, Yankees games you're talking about this week? Down at George M. Steinbrenner Field, the minor League Park, Yankees left handed ace Max Freed finished what appeared to be the seventh inning, hitless no hitter, but then play a couple of innings earlier, got changed from the sixth inning, and so he lost a no hitter while sitting on the bench.
Speaker 2: Okay, there has to be a window here where you go, Okay, we're going to go back and look at something. How about you get a half of been inning if you want to go back and change something. If you want to look bad, you want to look at replaying. But the ball was bobbled and then the umpire said, well they thought that maybe the runner was you know, would have beaten Goldschmidt to the base. Okay, if he doesn't bobble the ball, does the runner get to first base? He bobbled it. Therefore it brings into question of can he get to the bag before the runner. That's an error and then you wait two innings later. It's just not fair to all involve there. And I know that baseball changes a lot of hits to an error error to a hit. I understand that, but this is a no hitter. Can we get like, what else is a higher priority than this? I mean, I'd love to hear it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Pauline, I still have that best of the weekend. Oh okay, And this is going to go back because it has to be mentioned. Rory McElroy at the Masters. That was beyond just Rory and a lot of people are rooting for him, and he had it, then he didn't have it. Then he had it, and he didn't have it, then he had it. CBS did a fantastic job. Whoever, the director and camera person are that followed Rory off the eighteenth green with his emotion, they should get a raise. Beautiful broadcast, beautiful day. One of the easily top ten sports viewing days of my life, and I think a lot of people would agree, just a beautiful day of watching sports.
Speaker 2: Well, it was emotional. It wasn't good golf, No, because they didn't. I mean, Rory was his own worst enemy. I was disappointed in Golf Channel because the four hours leading up to the final round was nine ninety percent Rory, five percent d Chambeau and five percent the rest of the field. It was just way too top heavy. And again yes Rory ended up winning. Nobody gave Justin Rose any chance going in the final round. It was to Shambo. I just think, you know, be fair to what could happen at Augusta. I didn't think Golf Channel did it great job with that way way way way too heavy with Rory, even though that was the story, great story. Mel kiper draft expert, will join us coming up final hour in this Monday. Right after this