Speaker 1: Hey, this is Brian Alvarez and this is today's edition of the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.
Speaker 2: By from San Francisco. I'm a sports byline broadcasting network. You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with your hosts Brian Alvarez and Mike sempervb.
Speaker 3: Are you ready? For you ready?
Speaker 2: Let's get it all.
Speaker 1: How's it going everybody? Brian Alvarez here on Wrestling Observer Live. We are here every day Monday through Friday, New Pacific three Eastern Sunday, three Pacific six Eastern Saturday mornings with Jim Valley, Tenday in Pacific one Eastern Sundays with andrews Arian. And it's Thursday here on the show. And you know that means we have a TV deal announced. Man, we were talking about this yesterday. I did a big free show yesterday previewing this and by the time everybody listened, it was outdated because the deal was announced pretty much right after we went off the air yesterday. So we'll tell you what aw got and what this means and plenty more. It was also the five year anniversary of Dynamite. What'd you think of the show last night a lot to talk about a lot of big matches. Obviously on the show half hour overrun, I should mention that my YouTube TV cut at all.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: We've also got more on something everybody has been talking about and I have been wrong about this once in the past. We'll see if I'm wrong this time. We're gonna talk a little bit about Shane McMahon and AW. We've also got updates on Sammy Gavara, who was injured last night the NXT premiere ratings. We briefly mentioned it as a show went off the air yesterday. We'll talk about to get in detail here, and of course we've got the AW Dynamite TV report and uh what we have so far for next weeks get Ready Night of Champions Battle of the Belt style show and we'll tell you what we've got so far for that show and uh tease, no title matches yet, but anyway, Title Tuesday is what they're calling it, which, by the way, goes head to head with NXT on the CW's it'll be a big Tuesday. There's always big stuff going on and we're gonna talk about it here today on the show You Want Texas four two five seven eight zero seven five sixty six back in a month with more rustling Observer live.
Speaker 4: Nothing gets me that you can give is something that I won't try.
Speaker 5: But oh, no, stomach issues again?
Speaker 6: Stomach issues?
Speaker 5: Who are you? You're pancreas?
Speaker 6: I could be the real reason for your diarrhea, gas, floating, stomach pain or lose with these stools.
Speaker 5: I thought it was my stomach.
Speaker 1: People often do.
Speaker 6: But any of these symptoms could mean having a condition called exocrine pancreatic insufficiency or EPI.
Speaker 1: With EPI, the.
Speaker 6: Pancreas doesn't release enough enzymes to break down food, but EPI is manageable. Use the symptom checker on identify epi dot com and speak with your doctor. That's identify epi dot com sponsored by ABV.
Speaker 4: Do you want to add a boost to your sex life this weekend? Do you want to make your partner and yourself happy? Then call our special hotline now. We'll sell you those little pills that work below the belt for less than one dollar a pill and deliver your package in a few days, just in time for the weekend. Our pill delivers almost the same results as expensive pills for less than a dollar apiece and you don't need a prescription and ask about their buy three get three free offer.
Speaker 5: What are you waiting for? What's your sex life?
Speaker 4: And have a great time now less than a dollar a pill, discrete delivery in a few days and a buy three get three free offer.
Speaker 5: Dow this number and save it now.
Speaker 7: Eight hundred two two nine eight six two seven, eight hundred two two nine eight six two seven eight hundred two two nine eight six two seven. That's eight hundred two two nine eighty six twenty seven pay for by the pharmacy shop. Do you need to sell your home? If you sold a home before, you remember how stressful and expensive it was sold. Dot com is here to help you sell your home for the most money and with the least amount of stress. There are new ways to sell your home that you've never heard of before. Did you know there are companies who will offer you cash for your home. Did you know you could trade in your home for a new one. Did you know there are realtors who will sell your home for a flat fee instead of an expensive commission. It's true sold dot Com services are free, So if you're looking to sell, make this free phone call right now and learn how your next home sale can be faster and easier than you ever thought possible. Pick up your cell phone and call right now eight hundred two five one seven eight one six, eight hundred two five one seven eight one six, eight hundred two five one seven eight one six. That's eight hundred two five one seventy eight sixteen.
Speaker 1: And here's the pitch.
Speaker 8: I want to score some runs with your family. How about an all inclusive, five day, four night vacation for two adults and two children at the Ocean Spa hotel and CanCon for only six hundred ninety nine dollars includes airport, pickup, hotel, and all food and drinks, including alcohol, and you can travel anytime in the next twelve months.
Speaker 5: With no blackout dates.
Speaker 8: So visit Cancoonescapes dot com slash radio to book a family vacation for four for only six hundred and ninety nine dollars.
Speaker 9: Going Going Gone with cancoon Escapes dot com slash radio.
Speaker 2: You were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike SIMPERVV on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Back in the show, Brian Elbarez here Wrestling Observer Live Mike SIMPERVV also Wrestling Observer dot com. Before we get to the wrestling news, tonight is after Dark Radio. Every Thursday, there's an After Dark and I'm gonna be opening up the show. I went to the Skadget County Sasquatch something or other this weekend in Mount Vernon and there we was scheduled to be some speakers, and the speakers no showed And then it's like a tiny little out in the middle of nowhere. There's like thirty people in the camp and the fairgrounds. It's like nobody knew where the speakers were supposed to be. So I wander into this building and there's a fellow there who's gonna replace the actual speakers. Tom Cantrell is his name, and he's like a bigfoot investigator, and like nobody else showed up. So for two hours I got a private presentation. He showed me all these big foot pictures on his computer. I mean, it's pretty cool. So I'm gonna talk about this tonight because this guy makes some really good points. And you know, it's coincidental that I bring it up for After Dark Radio tonight, because all over today I'm talking. It's in the New York Post. It's on TMZ. There's a new Bigfoot video. Okay, have you guys seen this? I'll talk about it more tonight, but suffice to say I don't buy it for a second. Okay, but it's like all over the place today. So anyway, what I saw in this guy's computer was way better than this alleged Bigfoot video on TMZ and new.
Speaker 10: Hopefully stuff on that guy's computer.
Speaker 1: Come on, Mike, can you be a professional for once?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: That, by the way, is available for subscribers Wrestlingobserver dot com as well as YouTube, Spotify, and Apple Podcast if you would like to subscribe and get a new after Dark Radio every week. Bigfoot and UFOs is the topic tonight, which I would say is more interesting than we got to talk about today. But actually there is big news as yesterday immediately after the show went off the air, of course, classic timing, we have got the announcement of the new television deal AW and Warner Brothers officially announced a multi year renewal on Thursday that will keep Dynamite and Collision on TBS and TNT respectively, and a streaming component on Max. You know, yesterday on Observer Radio, Dave wanted to gloat and I just didn't want to hear it. Yes, but he did it anyway. Well, I'm not going to gloat here, okay, but I am going to point something out as I read this. Dynamite and Collision will remain in their current homes and networks on both Wednesday and Saturday. Okay, we knew that here's rampage is done, by the way, which we also had talked about yesterday, Rampage is done. Both Dynamite and Collision will stream live on Max if you are a US subscriber of Max, and I'm wondering what they're gonna do in terms of commercials, like are you going to get the commercial free version if you pay for Max? I guess we'll find out. Aw content that errors on any WBD network will also be able to stream on Max on demand. It is quite likely that if you want to go back to the beginning and watch every episode of Dynamite, you're going to be able to do that. And now I don't think that guy is on Twitch anymore. Maybe he's been r U nnoft as they say. But starting later in twenty twenty five, AW and WBD will offer live pay per views on Max at a discounted price per event, with all marketing and of those pay per view events exclusively centered on Max. Why do I bring this up because I try to tell you for months and months and months that Max wasn't capable of doing pay per views yet. And I had certain people in particular that were like, yes they can, Yes, they can. I watch live things. I said, I'm not talking about live sports. I'm talking about pay per view. They don't have the capability to do that. I was told, yes they do. Oh, it's easy. Oh, I could set it up. That's the one I heard. I could set it up, have Max hire me, I could get them on. Well anyway, they're not ready yet, but it's being worked on and midway sometime in twenty twenty five, when they can, they will offer the pay per views on Max. The deal is, according to Dave Meltzer, five hundred and fifty five million over three years. Now, as far as what exactly that means, and this is a key point to this here, Okay, everything is fine for at least three years. Okay, they are locked in for three years, then there are I believe two option years. Okay, if they are picked up in those two option years, the number goes up. So the one hundred and eighty five million that everybody is seeing that is the average over five years if they're picked up. I think the actual number is probably around I don't know, one hundred and seventy five hundred and eighty million for the first three years and then around two hundred million for the next two years after that. But those are option years. Okay, So yes, everything is great right now, but the key is this thing needs to stay steady. This thing needs to build. This thing cannot collapse because if it does collapse, it's going to be a rough go three years from now when the decision is made, do we pick them up for even more money for these two option years. But for now, for the remaining or for the first three years here, they're making a lot of money, a lot of money, and things are good. So yeah, I think I think the old deal was about ninety So yeah, they doubled more than doubled if they get into the fourth and fifth year. So you know, I talked about this couple of days ago. Yes, up until yesterday, the eighteen to forty nine where they ranked on the cable charts, very very important. Okay, in two years that's going to be very very important again. But they are locked in for three years. So to me, what is important right now is get more people watching the show one way or the other. I want to see the numbers going up. So that's the story.
Speaker 10: It's nice to have a friend like David Zaslov. Like you said, WWE for years with Bonnie Hammer was a very important part of being a advocate for them. And obviously Tony Kahan has worked very closely with David Zaslov and has done everything he could to you know, put themselves in good graces and have Shark Week and do all of those sorts of things.
Speaker 1: Oh, let me jump in very quickly. They can continue. I'm sorry. It is a four year deal. It is three guaranteed years and one option year, not two option years.
Speaker 10: So I apologize, and you know, it's it seems to be good across the board for everybody. Obviously, as long as you live in the United States. Everybody listening to us in Canada right now, they couldn't care less about any of this. But Dynamite and Collision airing Live on Max not going to bring in a whole lot more extra viewers or anything like that. But he gives you an option if you're traveling and are away from your area and can't access your provider for whatever reason. Plus it's great for people who are on the West Coast who want to watch the show live. They don't want to wait and be spoiled by anything that happens. Now they have that opportunity pay per Views eventually migrating over there at a discounted rate. Since you're already going to be paying for HBO Max anyway, it only makes sense for them to offer you a discounted rate. And it gives every other cable operator out there which WBD needs. It's not like you hear about WBD doing what ESPN wants to do and break off and eventually, you know, see the destruction of all cable operators and be their own entity. They still need cable operators and Payperview dot Com, which is owned by cable operators, needs content to put out there, So AW being an option for them, you know, that is important, and I would assume it's still going to be available on Triller TV as well as places like YouTube TV. Rampage going away is a good thing I think for everybody. If that gets replaced by a AW shockwave on a different network, we can cross that bridge when it comes. But across the board with the library being added to HBO Max, it's a winner for AW as far as financials go, it seems like it's a winner for fans in the United States who are fans of the product. And that's pretty much that. And as you mentioned, the ratings do need to increase because they need to create stars and get people watching again and make it musty TV again for themselves.
Speaker 1: All right, So I should mention, by the way, since somebody brought up where is one bill? Phil, I did tell you guys, it wasn't billion dollars a long long time ago, did I not? Okay, I have an announcement to make now back in a moment Observer Live.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike semperviv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: In the show, Brian Elber is here Wrestling Observer Live. Mike smber vv also Wrestling Observer dot Com. Should note the next segment we will be joined by Max smash Master. You heard me, Max smash Master will be joining us here on the show. We got a lot to talk about with him today, so let's get this news going. Sammy Gevarro was injured at the Ring of Honor tapings. Actually Kelly Madden was as well. Both of them stretchered out, and I don't have an update on Kelly, but I was told that Sammy likely suffered a concussion but seemed to be okay later in terms of you know, he's headed to the hospital in the ICU or anything. It's never good when you get a concussion, but multiple people told me that he seemed okay.
Speaker 5: Was the was the word?
Speaker 1: The uh show itself in two and a half hours. It's a long show, and I think I need to talk about at least three things first. And I don't know. I don't know what's going on, Okay, So this Blackpool Combat Club deal, so John Moxley has been speaking in riddles, okay, And they did a segment early and then they came out after the main event and they're setting up John Moxley and Brian Danielson and John Moxley does his promo and he says, none of this is about me, none of this is what I wanted. I am fighting for something much bigger than myself. If any of this was about me, I'd have put you out of your misery years ago. And then EXCaliber said, who is forcing Moxley's hand in this? Okay? So this has led to all sorts of speculation that Shane McMahon is behind all of this. Okay. Now, this is what I can tell you. I can't tell you he's not. Okay, but you know, there was this Shane McMahon meeting with with Tony Kahan that got captured surreptitiously. There was the meeting Shane happened to run into Mercedes Mone Mercedes did an interview like yesterday saying I hope Shane McMahon comes to AW. The Young Bucks just happened to be on an airplane with him, and so like everybody is just they're all running with it. Okay. Now, I am not gonna say year and tell you that Shane McMahon is not going to AW. Okay, I don't know that, but I do not believe that there is any deal done between Shane McMahon and AW. I believe, I believe one hundred percent, okay, that the Young Bucks and Shane McMahon meeting was a coincidence. I believe one hundred percent the Shane McMahon Mercedes meeting was a coincidence. I have had people insist to me that the Shane McMahon and Tony Kahan picture was leaked, okay, and that they didn't mean it for it to get out. So Number one, I don't think they're shooting an angle that they are present that like the plan is for Shane McMahon to be involved when Shane McMahon does not have a deal with this company. I don't believe that, Okay. The other thing is like, just from a fan standpoint, have you been watching these Blackpool Combat Club videos and angles and everything, and have you seen like Shane McMahon's character, How would these things fit together? How? I mean, I don't buy it for a second. I don't know if ex Caliber was told to say that line. I don't know if he just said it from listening to moxing what he was saying. But I don't think that Shane McMahon is behind this brand new Blackpool Combat Club. Hey, listen, I didn't think he was coming back like eight years ago or whatever to WWE, and he did but I don't think that's what's going on here. I guess we'll see.
Speaker 10: Why can't you see it with Shane McMahon's character, considering he fancies himself a fighter, you know, with the.
Speaker 1: Quick his character is like the rich kid. He does a silly dance, he goes back and forth like that.
Speaker 10: I mean, come on, you're remembering the mean street posse version of Shane. But since that time, I.
Speaker 1: Mean comes out to the music and dances every time.
Speaker 10: Yes, he does, of course he does. Hector Macho Camacho would do that as well too. People come out and dance during their entrances before their fights. But this is the guy that pushed Raw underground. This is the guy that wanted to buy Pride. This was the guy that was interested in buying UFC and doing all of this stuff so to have a dark force of Moxley to be the leader of a group. I'm not saying that I'm endorsing it or I think it's going to happen, but I think you can portray Shane in that form.
Speaker 1: Now he's a comic book character, he's a cartoon Well, this BCC is like serious, deadly serious.
Speaker 10: Yes, Well, if Shane McMahon wearing all black as the benefactor, and we find out later on that the interview, you know, he tried to be nice to Tony Kahan and then he let the information out and that's the problem with this company, and you know what, we need to bring this back. That's why this thing needs to be fixed. And maybe that's why Moxley was nice to Jack Perry and didn't beat up the Young Bucks. Remember he walked by them, and maybe that would give a reason for the Young Bucks being vice presidents to actually have some gravity to it. So it's a lot of fantasy booking, but as far as putting him in and inserting him into something with Moxley or a group, I could.
Speaker 1: See that that can happen.
Speaker 10: I don't think.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 1: We had will Ospray and Ricochet for the international title, and like the match itself, it was funny because they used to work differently than they both work now, like six seven years ago, but the fans wanted a match between the two of them from six and seven years ago, so that's what they did. It was like a video game, all sorts of nuttiness and crazy high spots. And then I did not like thing with this show is I didn't like some of the finishes on this show. So the match is like great, and then they do the double pin finish. Ospray hits the hidden Blade falls on top, but both of their shoulders are down, and so it's ruled a draw, and the fans are furious. But listen, hey, sometimes you need to do a draw. Okay. So I would have ended it there. I would have had both guys want five more minutes and then Takesha comes in kills them and like there's heat on Takesha for ruining this. But instead they wanted more time, and so the Tony Kahan character said, this match will continue. So as soon as you do that, now you're kind of telling the fans, okay, you are going to get a finish, like we gave you a non finish, but this match must continue, so you're gonna get a finish. Wait, went about ninety seconds and then Kesh runs in and now we got.
Speaker 5: A d Q.
Speaker 1: Now the fans are really furious. So I would not have done it the exact way they did it. I was okay with a draw, and then somebody you know, screws it up, so there's not a three way but the way they did it just felt like once you once you restart the match, now it's like you're promising the fans something and then you immediately screwed them.
Speaker 10: That's not the end of the world, but it is one of those little things. They could have been made better just because of doing that.
Speaker 1: But it was a great match. And then obviously the main event was the Ryan Danielson Okada title versus title match, and again, like the match itself, it was really good. I would not call it like a great match. They were not. Both of them were not at their best here. But the story was both titles are on the line, but the continental titles only on the line for the first twenty minutes, and nobody is allowed to interfere only for the first twenty minutes because then it's not continental rules anymore. So first twenty minutes they do a match, and as soon as that a ring announcer said, we're at nineteen minutes, the fans started to get upset, and so it ends up going twenty minutes, which means the continental title is no longer on the line, and then they lost a lot of the heat because the fans knew, all right, well, Daniels is gonna win. I mean, he's not winning the continental title now, so he's gonna win the match, which is exactly what happened. They had Pak and Claudio come out, Ocad is distracted, Brian hits the backslide for the pin, and then afterwards, you know, the heels go after Brian and Wheeler runs down to make the save and they set up a tag team match. So the thing to me about this was that Moxley promo the beginning of the show. It was so bizarre. It was like all they did was talk about Moxley and Brian at Russel Dream. They didn't even mention. It was like they were in a universe where this main event never got booked. It was not acknowledged in any way. It was like, I'm coming to the pay per view and I'm gonna kill you, Brian Danielson. And so then they do this match here and you know, it's exactly as we said it was, and they do the angle afterwards for a tag match at the uh whatever they're calling it Title Tuesday, but there's no titles on the line, and this is leading to Wressel Dream, And to me, it was a match put together because they wanted Brian and Okada again, and man, I don't know. I talked about it yesterday, like what's the storyline with Daniel Brian is his next match is actual retirement. I mean I watched this match, and man, this guy is beat up. He did the run up the ropes backflip. I mean you could tell when he landed his knees or killing him. He did some other spot and he could just tell his knees were killing him on that spot. Like his neck is messed up. I've been told by people that like it's not like his head's about to fall off that bad, but this guy is so beat up and he's just a complete physical wreck, and they're playing it up like his first loss, he's never gonna wrestle again. And AW has always been big about stipulations. You know that Cody stipulation never challenge for the AW title again. And you know Brian himself and his as we talked about yesterday, flat out said his full time career would end. But the announcers are pushing it like his entire career is over, he will never have another match again. So I don't know what's going on, man, But he needs to go home for a while. He's wrecked.
Speaker 10: If he's truly in that bad of shape as you say he's in, then yeah, the lass should come sooner rather than later. Get sent home. And you know what that can also do is provide a lot more heat onto Moxley in this group. And because he said he was going to do something with Danielson and he would have done it.
Speaker 1: Backing him on with more Observer Live.
Speaker 11: It's finally starting to actually feel like fall outside, so you know what that means. He's trying to get goals for cozy, comfy and cute outfits with their friends and family. Sale I saved twenty percent on everyday styles that I can't wait to wear all ball log.
Speaker 5: Plus say your bold cash, but don't take my word for it.
Speaker 11: Get to goals and discover Fall faiths for yourself.
Speaker 5: Select Styles offers on October six.
Speaker 11: Some exclusions apply to the store or poll dot com for details.
Speaker 12: Has someone in your family lost a job recently and now you can't afford your mortgage payment? Or do you have a rental property and your tenants aren't paying you? Quick Cash Offer can come to the rescue and pay you cash for your home immediately. Yes, sell your home and get cash all over the phone, without dealing with real estate agents and risking your safety by showing your home to lukewarm buyers. You don't need to lose your home to foreclosure. If you have any equity in your home, we will buy it and give you cash within days, all in a simple over the phone and virtual process. Call quick Cash Offer now before the economy get it's worse. Sell a home you can't afford or just don't want to get the cash you need today.
Speaker 7: Eight hundred seven eight eight one four ninety five, eight hundred seven eight eight one four eight hundred seven eight eight one four ninety five. That's eight hundred seven eight eight fourteen ninety five.
Speaker 13: My fellow Americans, let the message ring out back from this stay forward.
Speaker 5: When you buy American, you buy.
Speaker 13: The best, hand crafted, something premium, something pure.
Speaker 5: For this is the very essence of what our service men and women gave.
Speaker 13: Their lives to protect, and by God, we shall not allow their sacrifice to be forgotten.
Speaker 10: It's time to show the world just how great American can be.
Speaker 5: And we will not wait for tomorrow to come.
Speaker 13: We will stand here this moment together, and we will start today. Don't ever forget how read it is to me American America right now, American.
Speaker 5: Celebrate responsor.
Speaker 14: Wendy's Breakfast Burrito has an entire breakfast in every bite, fresh cracked eggs, seasoned potatoes, American cheese, cheese, sauce, and sausage or bacon. So the first bite is like fresh American cheese bacon, and the second bite is like fresh American cheese bacon, and the third butte, I mean, you got the idea. The boss of breakfast burritos gotta be Wendy's.
Speaker 15: Participating in us Wendy's during breakfast hours, you are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike simper VV on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: And the show brain Elver is here Wrestling Observer Alive like simper vv also Wrestling Observer dot Com.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to.
Speaker 1: Look at some numbers here, but let's do what's important. Max Smash Masters join us here today. Max, you are live.
Speaker 3: Hold on, let me turn up the radio so I can hear myself.
Speaker 1: No, turn your radio off.
Speaker 3: Turn it up, honey, turn it up?
Speaker 1: Hey, Max?
Speaker 3: Are you the man behind the news myself sound good?
Speaker 1: Are you the man behind the new Blackpool Combat Club or what?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I didn't want to bring it up, but I'm here to me.
Speaker 1: Wow, where have you been the second? It's been a long time since we've had you on this program. How are you doing good?
Speaker 3: You know, I'll go back into my normal human voice. Uh. I think the last time we talked him was during the pandemic and I had bought a wrestling school, which the horrible idea when there's no one able to wrestle. I think that was the last time we chatted.
Speaker 1: Good lord, it's been a long time now. Now how are you? How are you doing? I know for a while you were you had retired. Are you are you back or what's happening?
Speaker 3: I am back more part time than I was before. I had a bit of a heart condition, but the doctor said it was okay, So why not beat myself up a little bit more and put more stress on my wife? You know?
Speaker 1: So what happened with the heart condition?
Speaker 12: Nah?
Speaker 3: I mean, if you want me to get into it, I had a FIB, so technically I'll have it for the rest of my life. But I'm not in a FIB, which is basically, one of your valves doesn't pump the right way in your heart. I was supposed to have a match with Zach Saber Junior WrestleMania Weekend. I found out I had this. I found out I had blood pooling in my heart and wasn't able to pump it out, and that could have led to a stroke. So I had to cancel that match. And that's really what happened. But medicine and taking better care of myself is what's saved me.
Speaker 1: So you know, I gotta ask, you know, I always it's funny, Like from when I was a little kid, it's always been about, man, you don't want anything wrong with your heart, Like if something goes wrong with your heart, you will die. But then you get a little older and you really start thinking about it. It's like, well, if something went wrong with my kidneys, or my liver, or my brain or pretty much any organ, you need pretty much all of them, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it's always pretty important.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're all kind of equally important. Even though you think that, like, well, without your heart you would be dead. Well, yeah, without your kidneys you'd also be dead, or your liver whatever.
Speaker 3: Where the come from, you know exactly.
Speaker 1: But you know, the other thing is is like, you know, my my grandmother had a massive heart attack a couple of weeks. Well she's fine now, yeah, she's it's crazy, she's fine now. But the point is like when it happened, it's kind of like, man, you know, just out of nowhere. And then you talk to her and it's like, oh, man, I felt really I felt horrible, like all weekend, and I felt like she had all these symptoms that they she didn't tell us about. So like for you because sometimes you hear, you know, you hear the story about oh, you know, so and so had a massive heart attack and like they were running them, uh you know, just find them, and then later you find out, well, actually they had all these symptoms they didn't talk about. What did What did you notice leading up to your diagnosis? I mean, we like feeling terrible.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, this is great. Oh you know when your heart goes pump pump, yeah, pump pump. Mine would go like this pump, and then it would feel almost like a flutter, like it was trying to do something, like it was almost having a seizure. And I said, oh, that's probably.
Speaker 1: Not good, like every beat oh all day, oh man.
Speaker 3: They would get one good pump and then it wouldn't and then huh. I was like, I'll see how long I can last at this. Maybe it'll go away. You know, maybe I'm too stressed out at work. Whatever it was, well, it didn't go so I had to go to the doctor.
Speaker 5: Man oh man.
Speaker 1: And you know, I seem to recall you thought maybe it had something new with chops.
Speaker 3: I just said I wouldn't take any more chops.
Speaker 1: Well, sure, yeah, you certainly don't want to. Don't have a dull or elbows on you in successions.
Speaker 3: That too, that too.
Speaker 10: Nobody suggesting the ox Baker heart punch or anything. But what when you talked about finding out right before you were going to face Zach, say for Junior. How long before the weekend did you find out? And who discovered this?
Speaker 3: Uh So my wife made me go to the doctor, which is understandable. But all the travel was booked. I was flying down to Orlando. I can't remember what year. This was, probably twenty sixteen, Yeah, it was going down to Orlando just to have the match. Maybe twenty seventeen. I can't remember when it was, but but yeah, it was maybe two weeks before and I had to pull off and Quack and Bush filled in for me on that match, because I mean it was like it was very short notice.
Speaker 1: Now you obviously worked for Chakara, which was a very unique promotion, and now you have also created a very unique promotion.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So I started a company mainly because obviously I love Chakara, I love my time there, I love the fan base, and that kind of just a world done to itself. I have a pro wrestling school, the New England Pro Wrestling Academy. It's you know, the lineage dates all the way back to Kilikwalski's. You know, we owned the rights of the Killikwalski School, a professional wrestling name. So I have students and I wanted to give them as many opportunities to do new things when they're you know, starting out their wrestling career. We have Chaotic Wrestling, which has been around for twenty two years. That's the mainstay in New England. Student's debut there. That's their home promotion. But we've been fortunate enough to do so well that we started another promotion, which is my promotion, which is called rad Pro Wrastling and rad pro Rastling takes place in nineteen ninety five. Oh the reason I did that is that it's a universe unto itself. All the characters are unique. I had Colt Cabana come in and play a baseball I'm sorry, a basketball character named Harvey Dunkleman, the dunk Master. I have Little Me and Kathleen, who's a wonderful wrestler out of the Northeast, very funny, very entertaining. She comes and she plays roberta ginger snap the Grizzled Gangs to Granny. So everyone comes in and plays a unique character and they get an extra rep doing something new and fun that they wouldn't be able to do elsewhere, as well as, hey, if you fail here, it's not your real character. It's not really going to step on the toes of your day to day persona or brand as some people like to call it.
Speaker 1: You know, we had a anniversary show and for the for the Bryan and Vinnie Show, and I went back and we did the show exactly like it was two thousand and five. So I found all these horrible mics and I didn't do any compression, and it sounded like atrocious, but it was like it was a show from two thousand and five, and people loved it and it was a lot of fun. I like found some shirts, like I actually still have shirts from two thousand and five that I wore and and it was it was it was fun.
Speaker 3: So like I wish I could send into a shirt from two thousand and five.
Speaker 1: Well, so, so with your with your promotion with rad pro Wrastling, I mean, how how nineteen ninety five are we talking here? I mean is there a lot of neon? I mean, do you go all the way or is it just well a vibe of ninety five where you got wacky characters and such.
Speaker 3: At the at the beginning of the show, we do a quick little time travel back, you know. We picked some sort of nostalgia you know trigger where we go back back in time to nineteen ninety five. All the music is from ninety five. Next year it will be ninety six. We actually started in ninety four, so it progresses naturally. And then right our website is straight out of nineteen ninety five radprowrastling dot com. I painstakingly put together the roster page to look like a street Fighter two. You know, so you pick your character. They're a cartoon and then it pops up as the wrestling character. You know, all the characters are based in nineteen ninety five. We do our best to not do any references or music or anything that would show you that it is, you know, twenty twenty four. So we do our best. It is. It's difficult, but we do our best to make sure it has the essence of the nineties.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at the website right now. It is amazing. Is it hosted on cities?
Speaker 3: I try to it doesn't exist anymore.
Speaker 1: Oh that's too bad. Yeah, this is this is total nineteen ninety five. I mean, there's a lot of Neon. It's it looks like actually looks like my public access TV show they did in nineteen five.
Speaker 3: That was that was what I And I've never built the website, so I figured if I bit, if I built it, it would be like a Geo city site. Sure.
Speaker 1: Now, now the question, I guess the question about the action because there's a clip here of a guy doing an OSII moon salt. I mean, is nobody allowed to do Canadian destroyers because they have not been invented yet?
Speaker 3: Yes, certain things. Yes, the piles driver is illegal. Uh Channing Thomas, who's a wonderful wrestler. He is, actually he plays a character named Angelo Intellect. He's an android and he gets upgraded every every show by his I guess it's manager Sydney Baccabella, who plays Wally Dangas. He's a computer genius.
Speaker 1: Wally Dangas shouldn't be Willie Dangas.
Speaker 3: No, No, his name is Walter Wally. Okay, sorry, don't be crude, all right, and.
Speaker 1: Don't be crude. You've got the breakroom here. I'm looking. I'm looking right now at a team called the breakroom. You're telling me not to be crude.
Speaker 3: What I mean? What the breakroom?
Speaker 1: Yes, this is very crude. Name is Todd Do do?
Speaker 3: Todd do do?
Speaker 1: Come? Stop? Stop anyway? Go ahead?
Speaker 3: Uh so yeah, And he glitches out every once in a while and he hits the pile driver. And I believe he may be going for the Rad Pro Championship at our mainstay show in December, which is Forever Rad ninety five. And last year in Forever Rat ninety four, I had Todd Pengill.
Speaker 9: Do the I was gonna say.
Speaker 10: I had to ask, I gotta ask this. How many people from nineteen nine have Christian New York and Joey Matthews. Are they going to be there in a ladder match? And all these other things we saw back in nineteen ninety five on the indies.
Speaker 1: That seems. That seems I am.
Speaker 3: Working so hard on getting Crowbar to be Devin Storm. I just need to I need to have him commit so he can come in and be Devin Storm for me. Yeah, yeah, I'm working on it.
Speaker 1: This this roster page here, I mean, yes they are. They're all about eight bit graphics. They all look like filthy Tom Lawler to me, but it does appear any of them are. And uh and there's also a character in the upper right who appears to be dead.
Speaker 5: It says he came.
Speaker 3: Back to life. Anthony Green. He plays a character.
Speaker 1: He's back to.
Speaker 3: Life cat Kid's age.
Speaker 1: I know he was.
Speaker 3: Pile driven by Angelo intellect and he lost one of his nine lives.
Speaker 5: Yes, oh my god.
Speaker 10: You have the ghost of Dennis Corluzzo and Tony Rumble show up at you never.
Speaker 3: Know, too soon, too soon.
Speaker 1: I can't help but know that you have three officials listed to the bottom. And if I didn't know any better, they're all the same guy with a different haircut.
Speaker 3: Basic. Well, that's what officials are. They're different heights. You can't tell by the by the the little image that's there. Okay, one of them is a lady.
Speaker 1: Well, I do see the lady. But the three guys, it's like, that's the same guy. It's just that guy's got hair, that guy's kind of bald, and that guy is completely bald. Well, I didn't know. Maybe they actually wore the same guy. That'd be clever.
Speaker 10: Why don't we turn back?
Speaker 1: You have three referees and like they're all the same guy, but they each have a different wig.
Speaker 10: I need, I need.
Speaker 3: That would take me some money on reps.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you had two Hebner's.
Speaker 9: In the nineties, the ICW whatever it was, TV title, Why don't you go up there and defend that and you can go through the gauntlet of referees Brian.
Speaker 1: The ic wic w a textar Canta TELEVI entitled well I'm injured and I'm old and I'm retired, so that.
Speaker 10: No, no, no, I'm not stepping there. We're back in nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 1: Sheep not to mention. The only thing I do is chops and Max doesn't want to take any chops.
Speaker 3: Oh, you can wrestle somewhere someone else.
Speaker 1: Who wants to do that?
Speaker 10: LM about your side.
Speaker 1: I only wrestle people I trust this point.
Speaker 3: Oh, you don't trust my students.
Speaker 1: Which is very I've wrestled plenty of students. Max, no offense. I would much rather wrestle you. Stand by everybody back in the moment with more Observer Live.
Speaker 2: You were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike SIMPERVV on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: May the show Bryan Elbarez here Wrestling Observer Live, Mike Simpervv. Also Wrestling Observer dot Com. The Great Max smash Masters joining us. Just had your former partner on a couple of weeks ago. Fine, gentlemen, my brother, yes, but we got two minutes here, so let's get some plugs in all right.
Speaker 3: First, if you need to be a professional wrestler. You want to be a professional wrestler, go to New England Pro Wrestling or New England Pro damn it New. I can find my wrestling this up and E pro Wrestling dot com. That's the New England Pro Wrestling Academy.
Speaker 1: Professional wrest did you say, n E Pro Wrestling dot Com, n E pro Wrestling.
Speaker 3: Dot Com and E pro Wrestling dot Com, gotcha, and E pro Wrestling dot Com. New England Pro Wrestling Academy. If you want to follow pro wrestling, first, check out the website Radpro Wrestling dot Com. Go to the Instagram at Rad pro Wrestling, go to the Facebook Rad Pro Wrestling, and if you're on Twitter, if you're still on x at rad pro wrassele r A s s l E not wrestling there because I messed up the first one. Had to redo it.
Speaker 1: Oh god.
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 1: I had a great idea during the break, Max, which is one of these days that Vinnie and I need to review one of these shows.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, I love that. That would be the world to me. And if people want to watch them for themselves, they can go to IWTV dot com and watch it on Indie Wrestling Television.
Speaker 1: Yeah, checking out everybody. There's two seasons. It looks like the ninety five and the ninety six, and.
Speaker 3: You can nty.
Speaker 1: Four ninety five. I apologize and you can follow along as they travel through the years. Radpro Wrestling dot Com. Max, I want to thank you so much in the show today. We're totally out of time, but I appreciate it. Hopefully we'll do this within four years like we didn't fast time. But thank you, thank you all the best, and that's it, everybody, Thanks for listening. We'll talk to you next time. Wrestling Observer Live. You have been listening to the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network