Speaker 1: They don't call it the FA Cup for nothing. That doesn't even make sense what I just said. But it was magical, you know what, and we have to embrace it because what a magical result. Some magical results and some wonderful results and some not so wonderful results depending on who you support.
Speaker 2: Plus we got to talk about Batch Week twenty one.
Speaker 1: Now that felt like Chris you said ten years ago, maybe five years ago, definitely seventeen thousand text messages ago.
Speaker 2: With all that, it's time for eight eight footy.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna kick it off right now, throwing it to co host Jamel Johnson three to twenty nine words to describe your feelings around the FA Cup Round three, Round three and the Premier League.
Speaker 3: I only need to side quest. This is big side quest. This is like you're almost done with Final Fantasy and you're gonna go play kickball for a little bit or something. You know, Like everybody's kind of getting their XP up, their cash extra points, things like this XP farm. It's XP farming man. Everybody on Man City scored exactly except for Holland. I mean, Chelsea's got a new manager and I'm glad it's a brother, but he very clearly is a character from a grand Theft Auto DLC. He very clearly looks like he was running a business in fake Miami.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh wow yeah, or like it feels like yeah, like an off brand Gus Spring or something.
Speaker 2: You know, Yeah, man, listen, just vaguely ethnic enough.
Speaker 3: And in terms of me watching Week twenty one, I was in the central coast of California for all of Week twenty one. I'm watching games at the Madonna in watching things in San Luis Obispo. I'm downtown Slow watching Mattress. I'm in I'm at resorts. I'm in Big Sir, hanging out with the cow with the freak Wow.
Speaker 2: Damn with the cast of what is it big Little Eyes out there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, I'm in the club watching one of the worst braws in Arsenal history.
Speaker 2: Youw and Reee You and Reece? She a big gooner?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, no she is?
Speaker 2: Now Chris Martin, how about you?
Speaker 1: Three to twenty, I'll give you twenty six words to describe your feelings around Fa Cup.
Speaker 2: Third rounds two words.
Speaker 5: Purple Nightclub is Purple Nightclub sending you boys? Before I used to go to Purple Nightclub for those who don't know. It's a nightclub inside Chelsea Football Stand underneath the seats. This is crazy to go. When I was fifteen and the FA Cup, it reminded me of those beautiful nostalgia days when the FA Cup meant something. Macclesfield Town made it feel relevant again and then I guess on the side of Man City winning ten one wasn't so good, but it brought me back to my formative years of watching football. At first, I was like this is annoying, like this is this is in the way of what I really care about the Premier League, but actually magic if they're fake me grinding against a.
Speaker 2: Woman who is well out of my league.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I was just about to ask, what's your style?
Speaker 4: You're fifteen there with a nice sweater on, gold chain on top.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because no trainers, right, no trainers? Yeah, no trainers that was the rule back then.
Speaker 2: You do my trainers because yeah, the rules like people put put there. What's going on? Yeah, so you're in there if you'll prop.
Speaker 5: Ye wearing I'm wearing brown shoes with food cut jeans, family wearing a I'm properly wearing a police which makes no sense. Okay, if not a badly fitting shirt. I might have straight hair. They might have pilots in it streamer like you were at s Club seven or something.
Speaker 1: So the way I got.
Speaker 5: Into the night club, I didn't go through puberty, so obviously I looked like twelve.
Speaker 1: But what I did was I had.
Speaker 2: A passport scan, the scan of my passport.
Speaker 1: Where I just swapped on.
Speaker 5: On photo shop foremost, I just swapped the years sid and he knew, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: He was just like, listen, it gets way easier for me to just let this child in then do my job.
Speaker 4: Get in here.
Speaker 1: You know what, Bro, I don't want to make it hard for you, bro, because I know you're a damn child.
Speaker 5: And this guy is starting to fight. Have an easy ship. This guy can't even.
Speaker 1: Honestly, and I salute you for being fifteen and gluing that much hair to your face. You glued that on.
Speaker 3: The bouncer probably assumed your mom was working at the club, and this was just like a babysitter.
Speaker 5: I mean, my mom was one of the Yeah well you Rod Shell's son, Yeah all right, yeah you were free. Yeah, she couldn't gets it for the night. I am, I actually was. I really wanted to get off of a girl back then who I really was attracted to. And but I got a zip on the way like that day and you know, and you got fifteen.
Speaker 2: It's the end. It is like I already have no aunts at the time.
Speaker 5: I'm like, this is stopping me from getting a lovely kiss from a lady and a pill a spot and it just you know, if you have this is I've made this fifteen times worse.
Speaker 2: I saw her.
Speaker 5: I tried to style it out by saying, my mom accidentally put a cigarette.
Speaker 3: That's such a man like auto response, just like, yeah, she deal with Oh oh, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 4: She must run.
Speaker 5: This is an insane The bouncers like, yeah, that's classic roache.
Speaker 2: That's what she does.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that silk on the fifteen year olds list?
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: My mom, my mom be putting cigarettes out of.
Speaker 5: Nothing sexier than a woman, know, And it comes from.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, Oh I love a broken boy, don't I come on here? Mixed me for me. I have a few words. I don't know how that's been the longest one. And God blessed this show because that's what it's here for. Uh, Tottenham do better?
Speaker 2: Okay then? And I the reason because is y'all.
Speaker 1: Come on, man, you guys are so you're getting You're so out of it right now, you're boring.
Speaker 2: And the supporters.
Speaker 1: I've seen some wacky things from Tottenham supporters, some that I know personally, I'm afraid for y'all.
Speaker 2: But also this is getting boring, get it.
Speaker 4: I forgot about that. Thomas Prank, Thomas prank.
Speaker 3: Thomas Prank starting an espresso business with Arsenal doing a little cross Yeah, yeah, yes, didn't.
Speaker 5: Sackingham is doing so badly when an Arsenal fan doesn't even mock him.
Speaker 1: You said it sorry for you because it's like anymore, Yeah, it used to be like you guys were never better. I mean, you all were better than us for a few seasons, but historically we've always just had the upper hand. But sometimes you were just close enough that it felt like you know, when you're holding like someone's head while they try and swing on you and their arms can't reach where a couple of times like you felt their knuckles grazing and you're like, okay.
Speaker 2: That's fun. But now it's like not even funny, bro, you're not even reaching my elbow.
Speaker 5: A child with no arms back and it feels mean right now, I'm a child is I'm holding I'm holding a two pay in.
Speaker 1: A Tottenham Jersey. It's nothing. I'm like, what is this? The fuck is this man used to see something?
Speaker 2: Anyway?
Speaker 1: But also Luki, I love it. No hike, you just heard it. I am so excited. But let's get into the f A Cup results. The third round historic result were a Holder's Crystal Palace have fallen to mackles Field. Now, how what division is mackles Field.
Speaker 5: In macls Field, they're not even in a league division. They were they were disbanded and twenty twenty because it, yeah, they didn't exist. They literally lost all their money. They kept getting fined and it was then it was during COVID they couldn't get any people to come watch them, so literally it died after being a club for It was an eighteen seventy four, so one hundred and and twenty six years down down the toilet and they were in I think it was Northern League six. It's the biggest gap like place difference in FA Cup history. There are one hundred and seventeen places below Crystal Palace in the league system, and obviously Crystal House are the holders, so extra like special thing but yeah and yeah, it's just it's just the craziest story ever holders.
Speaker 4: Indeed they also played they played the eighth team, right.
Speaker 5: It was all but it was still giant upset out there.
Speaker 1: Did you see that that hitch was wild? That looked like a community college in LA.
Speaker 5: It's a five G field, right, which is of an equalizer. But then this is how little money they need the five So that's why iday it's a friday of a people. Kid, they just rent the field out for local people to play them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no one dent.
Speaker 1: I'm like that was like that looks like a great time for innermural soccer and community college. But this, yeah, they The wild part was those celebrations were nice to see, obviously, because when you're fucking beating somebody that's one hundred and seventeen places above you, you're gonna lose it a little bit.
Speaker 2: But like that's Chris.
Speaker 1: That's almost like if you were in the line like of succession for the throne and somehow like it went one hundred and seventeen places. Now is like the wild who's one hundred and seventeen places away from the throne?
Speaker 5: You know, what I mean, Like I thought you said that in a way like like it's believable that I'm one hundred and seventeen, Like I'm.
Speaker 3: Not all English people. Everybody was on that board. Everybody English is Yeah to see like what's your what's your twenty eight?
Speaker 2: Yeah we're behind.
Speaker 5: We're behind about four hundred Germans if if anything's to be okay, yeah mate that Jake would kill with the anti royalists.
Speaker 1: Look, the show's got something for everybody. Okay, it's something for everybody. Wait, so what you were talking about? I just know macles Field as a word I would see on a screen looking at like a mass board of FA Cup results over the years.
Speaker 2: But yeah, are they they've got like what what happened?
Speaker 1: Like what happened?
Speaker 2: You said?
Speaker 4: You first?
Speaker 5: Maybe laugh in the text, I said you got to see the macles Field Palace result, guys, and then you said Maclesfield Palace also sounds like a wedding venue.
Speaker 2: It does sound like a wedding.
Speaker 1: There's Dewsbury Hall and there's Palace if anyone, but yeah, you actually get a really good photo, Yeah Michaelesfield Palace it sounds more photogenic. It actually isn't but the name is out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and they will they will give you a discounted Friday night rate on the on the wedding rooms as Saturday.
Speaker 2: A bit of wedding humor.
Speaker 5: Fly spent a lot of money on a wedding Macclesfield, so it's it's an interesting part of the UK. It's the Northwest. It's quite near Manchester. So a friend of mine on a stag do. I went out in Macclesfield with him after his stag do. So again just I'm just charging by. He've got drunk and tried it on and had to pretend I've been burned in the face by my mum has an excuse for not getting any a nookie.
Speaker 1: But so they're very near Manchester clubs.
Speaker 5: They're also quite a living so there's sort of a small club because they don't attract enough talent because the bigger team is taking it. But they're managed by Wayne Rooney's younger brother John.
Speaker 1: That's a real person that sounds like you'd be like, yo, you look like Wayne Rooney's little brother.
Speaker 5: Okay, they got bought in after they went They basically got Once you get to spend it, you get kicked out league. They got bought for four million by a guy called Rob Smithhurst who's a local entrepreneur. Who did it. He bought it from right Move, which is like a property website. It's like redfin or whatever. He bought it drunk. He was drunk and he just bought think four days in ib for and he bought them football for four million?
Speaker 1: How did how did the transaction happen? Like he just bought it on eBay or just straight off wait for real? I guess well that hasn't gotten into the particulars.
Speaker 5: But yeah, yeah, I'm sure he needed some sort of league.
Speaker 1: I'm sure someone had to whip out a docu sign at something. Yeah, yeah, yeah, what'd you do? Manda by michaels Field town ah ship bro a check out a picture on that oh fuck? Or rather macaeles Field. That's another club part of me, dude, John Rooney bro oh man, Wayne's upset? Man.
Speaker 2: This guy look it's like a guy, like a normal guy.
Speaker 3: He's got all his hair and stuff. Yea, his face isn't like spreading slowly.
Speaker 1: No, no, he doesn't. He doesn't look like the English version of that jd Vance meme.
Speaker 4: Kind of like a white minja turtle.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I like how you're sort of suggesting in this that you'd rather be the slightly better looking John Rooney than one of the greatest English players of all time. He's got he's got better hairline, Like I think, I just I just blame my hairline on my mom if any women asked, and I still have loads of money.
Speaker 1: My mom My mom rips of my mother hal cigarette.
Speaker 2: Mummy, mummy rips the front bit of.
Speaker 1: Hey, why your hair plugs look like that because my mom put it out, you know, people putting cigarettes out on it.
Speaker 2: My mom burnt and ship oh wow, no.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So John Rooney also bought by guy when he's drunk.
Speaker 5: And then sort of just some heart to the story is one of the young strikers sadly passed away mid December in a car crash. This last his family were in the crowd watching, and then just like the goal, the first goal is the most English goal you'll ever see in your life, is head bandaged. His head scores ahead just.
Speaker 3: Were not wrapped that tight either. They were kind of a little locked off.
Speaker 1: It looks like they tied like three tube socks together and they're like, yeah, make it back out there.
Speaker 4: He got.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah he lost him?
Speaker 4: Bro was he?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: The defending was terrible. I think they really they really pulled up black and it's been like, bro, mackwells Field, Okay, but yeah, then you got that second goal too, got a shout out yeah because because that's that's so.
Speaker 2: His name is Paul Dawson.
Speaker 1: And then the second goal too was just like very scrappy, just throwing a leg out at it and just redirecting. I'm like, you know what provided in you might say, well, yes, exactly, that's just I mean, that's yeah.
Speaker 5: That's the thing I think Americ you know, in the American sports the idea of a team one hundred and seventeen places.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 5: If you if you'll blow fourteen places, they just they just blow up that, they just disband the team.
Speaker 2: They just get Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean that that the Macclesfield result is like made for March madness. You know, that's like the kind of thing the CBS Sports would fucking cry over being able to out know where look at these people, all right, man City ten Exeter one? God damn, do you.
Speaker 2: Want to hear an interesting thing about these two different games?
Speaker 5: Yes, Crystal Palace class club gave all of their gate receipts to Macclesfield. Right, it's sort of a FA Cup history thing, right, if you're a rich Premier League club, you don't need I don't know how much.
Speaker 2: Right right there and or whatever, I don't need the gates.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here you go.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Man City they kept theirs, of course, owned by an oil nation. I mean, is there any more accurate representation of what how billionaires and rich pie black that?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: The difference between it is Crystal Palace, is it English own? Well, I know, probably in some sense of decorum.
Speaker 5: Right, what's the chairman called? He he's the guy who palace.
Speaker 1: Oh it's actually sortium with Woody Johnson of the New York Jets.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wow, so ten goals. Man City. They clearly were like Guardiola was like go eat my children, like go out there, get like you were saying, Jamel xp farming, get as many hit points as possible because we need.
Speaker 2: To get ready. And then Arling Holland still doesn't fucking score.
Speaker 1: I think it's just kind of amazing to think it happened.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so men, you're at his new school.
Speaker 5: Yeah no, he looked, he looked, and he looked extremely like he'd been He looks, oh yeah. A lot of people are talking about how he's the sort of player that could catalyze them to winning the Premier League and how he's just what they need.
Speaker 2: But he he he took.
Speaker 5: To it like like he's been there his whole life.
Speaker 2: But with the cavet. They're playing Exeter and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right exactly, but yeah, I mean he had I think an assist as well. He played, you know, obviously really well. A lot of the goals were like, there are some goofy goals that were just sloppy, like in terms of Exeters defending, like it just had to get headed near the goal and somehow someone will kick it off their band and be like, oh fuck that.
Speaker 5: The XG though, was only like two point four. Some of the goals were bangers as well. Yeah, some of the bangers, and they were just like but normally the sort of unwritten rules you sort of slow it once you get five six goals up, you normally take your foot of the gas, but they just went they just want to have many goals.
Speaker 2: It's crazy. They had to spam the circle button for sure.
Speaker 4: And they've never seen a score line read like a bus schedule.
Speaker 2: Before, like they're coming at twelve twenty four or forty five class.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. The goal from Exeter though, George Birch, that was respective.
Speaker 2: That was nasty.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the MLS man. You've had to get a nice deal from the San Jose earthquakes after George accept.
Speaker 2: It spotted you. We spotted you, man, we spotted you. It did remind me I sort of.
Speaker 5: It's that weird thing is obviously it's a team when once you're losing nine to zero.
Speaker 2: I think when he scored and obviously you know you're not going to I.
Speaker 5: Think he did grab the ball, which was quite funny that I don't think. I don't think you need the extra twelve seconds. You say it's going to help, but yeah, yeah you can't help. But be like he was like it was a quality goal as well. He must be like afterwards like, oh yeah, still I still nailed it. Like I played in a charity football game against stenhouse Mirea for some comedians once and I think we lost like ten to two and I was still chuffed. I've got a goal.
Speaker 1: There you go. Yeah, you see, you export that as a gift that you start fucking texting people, You're like you remember this right, okay?
Speaker 3: Yeah what you guys just move You getting your ass beat by one of the best clubs in the world and you managed to score.
Speaker 4: What are you doing with the ball? I'll go first.
Speaker 3: I'm going to continue to kick the ball in the net over and over again until the goalie tries to stop me.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh, like as if you're playing like an arcade game, You're like, what if I just keep kicking it right now?
Speaker 2: Does that is this nine ten? Finally?
Speaker 5: You know, when the goalie gets in a wrestling match when it is like two to one and the tight if the goalie had go nine one and he'd had a full fold.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would have probably done something like really disrespectful, like some like the degeneration X suck it type shit with the ball, humped the ball and then the ball fu yeah, because it used to be so stupid, like whatever, bro, I got one, it is what it is. There goes, there goes your clean sheet. Now I'm humping a ball in front of millions of people. Again.
Speaker 5: It's amazing how I was just saying Jamela, like like I've never American fair weather sport not you know, non soccer watches, as they would say, non soccer and get it. No one scores, like you'd think, oh, this would be show the mis game, but actually it got it gets boring once you get lost five goals like this is just meaningless.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you gotta if you have tickets to that around the seventh goal, you like, damn am I even am I even at a game anymore?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is a goal at this point, we doesn't even the goal.
Speaker 1: Is more gateway match. To get a non soccer fan into it would be would probably need about four to five goals in it.
Speaker 2: But spread out be a good spread.
Speaker 1: Spread Yeah, great spread and high drama then last minute Winter exactly. If you can get that, then you can get them on board.
Speaker 2: Then you start to.
Speaker 4: Get them one American to watch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can take then you can take it down a little bit, you know what I mean. Get them on that fucking methadone and be like, Okay, now you're gonna see like a maybe a two to one, you know, then a one nill and see if they can get you know, slowly you know where lie.
Speaker 3: One of the first games that got me hooked was one of those our shoving come back what was the one where he scored four goals?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Liverpool that's Liverpool Field, that celebration result.
Speaker 2: Who yeah, we'll think about that.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: A funny thing I got told about our shaving through a friend who's an agent to my Might be true, might not be, but am I Cpparently when he first moved to Arsenal, because he came from Russia, he got told his salary. I'm going to just say it was one hundred and twenty grand, and then when he got his first paycheck, he was really confused that he had any tax on it.
Speaker 1: It was like, I just thought that was.
Speaker 5: One hundred and twenty grand and can yeah the yo on my mattress.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you know how they did ship back at zen It. He came from xen It Seines Petersburg and yeah, yeah yeah. He was like, I literally just got cash in a bag, Yeah, some cavyards and it was the number they said, they said.
Speaker 2: We'll give you this month. That's how much I got. What the fuck is all this?
Speaker 1: I huge?
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 4: It's very fun.
Speaker 5: I would explain his lack of tracking back. He's like, give me, give me the tax money and all run.
Speaker 1: Budways sportsmith one Arsenal or Gabriel Martin Ellie, the big piece of ship who was pushing.
Speaker 6: Our Connor Radley all over the town. This motherfucker gets a fucking hat trick. Eh, yeah, got a hat trick. This was a great match to watch after, you know, just like knowing that we obviously I felt like I didn't feel like this was ever in any doubt, but I do like that they had that early goal because probably me was like, oh, deep, motherfuckers, Okay, so.
Speaker 1: That's what you want to do. Welcome to set piece suit. Every goal that was f four goals technically from a set piece and one from our best player Owen goal too. It was like, truly everything the Arsenal haters looking hate about the matter was right here. You've got a Martinellie hat trick who has been like the villain of the week for everybody, Like, okay, there is.
Speaker 2: Uh he gets a hat trick and we get it. On Gore FROMI said.
Speaker 5: Did you hear the what the fans chanted to Martinelli when someone someone went down with hamstring and just.
Speaker 2: Sense yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: I do think you can tell with him that like he's supposed to be quite widely regarded as a nice guy. So the fact that Slot kind of through water on that fire straight away, and and he didn't said he was sorry, you know, and gary Neville desperately trying to trying to stoke by saying punch him.
Speaker 2: In the face, which is particularly good advice.
Speaker 1: No, Also, gary Neville, shut up, bro, you got your own problems, Go mind your own business. Started trying to act like this is the fucking place that needs your fucking attention right now. But yeah, I don't know. The Martinelli thing too, was very like to Slots point, He's like, I don't think he would have pushed him if.
Speaker 3: He was the one guy who was actually hurt all year, Yeah exactly.
Speaker 1: And what he has like like knee and bone issue.
Speaker 2: What you once you hit bone with with a knee.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he did it on his own too, just like it didn't look good. I'll be honest, if I'm Martinelli and I started, I don't know if I'm touching him that look good.
Speaker 4: He probably was. It happened he was, Yeah, That's why I.
Speaker 5: Think either way, I mean, he subtly inched his way onto I think because Liverpool had a few times had they gone, they were kind of I mean, Liverpool.
Speaker 2: Ultimately had gone for the drawer.
Speaker 5: They didn't have a single shot out to go as much as I mean, were gonna talk about that game, but yeah, everyone's going arsenal, you know, or chokers. But like they didn't they did well to n but they didn't try and shoot at the goal. So at that point in the game, I think he reasonably could be like, oh, they're just trying to waste time till the end of the game. But but yeah, obviously if he looks at what we all saw, like, that's a terrible decision to push. Yeah, yeah, of course done a horrible injury. He answered the best way pot He answered his critics.
Speaker 2: He did his took on the field.
Speaker 3: I love that. That's what it takes. That's all it takes. He scored three goals. You get to just be a monster to a guy.
Speaker 7: Right after they're like, well, he answered the critics, So you're saying it is like if I do did like a like a like a Nazi salute after goal and they're like, oh my god, and then he got like five goals, they're like, well, he answered his critics, like well, what do you mean.
Speaker 2: He scored five goals.
Speaker 5: Have you Yeah, it's just scoring goals, But have you found the secret source to make Martina the school goals is and in every game he should racially abuse or or slap someone or spit on someone.
Speaker 2: To the next game he's got, I'll go to score. He needs some controversy. He needs some kind of controversy. He just silenced my critics with.
Speaker 4: Correct me if I'm wrong.
Speaker 3: This game goes against the theory that I saw on Twitter that Martinelli only goes at black defenders.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I did see that meme.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they said he's only he's only he only takes someone good.
Speaker 1: He remember one time Malo Malo Gusto had his ass one match. I remember, and I was like, this small old Gusto motherfucker.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean does he I mean he's light skinned, you know I think that counts.
Speaker 3: Well, I'll just mentioned someone else. Mad Week, there's a big mad wee k game. One of the worst penalties I've ever seen, But he had a big game still somehow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, that.
Speaker 2: Penalty was ridiculous.
Speaker 1: My god, buddy, he took a penalty exactly how I imagine he takes a penalty.
Speaker 4: He was holding the bottom.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I was like, surely not that he had the confidence that he had them every element of it. If you didn't look at where it went, you'd be like, well he must have just buried that. And then if you saw it, just the started run up, the swag and then just the lack of end product. Yeah, he's He's like one of those guys you wear something, you know into a bar and you're like, you do realize that that's like, that's that's horrendous, wearing pretty.
Speaker 2: Bad, you know. Oh well look we got away with it almost.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he maybe should have gotten thrown off. Am I allowed to say that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: This is the non biased arsenal.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, no, yeah, yellow And.
Speaker 4: Then they let him slide on just clotheslining a guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey man, there's no var so you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: It is what it is.
Speaker 2: Ye, he loves, doesn't he Yet.
Speaker 3: The worst time possible as well, He's always getting one At the moment you're like, well this could suck up the game.
Speaker 1: He's like, what if I got one more? Right now?
Speaker 2: I'm joking. I'm joking. I'm joking.
Speaker 1: You're like, come on, man, please please, He's I mean defensively, he's not like, not as sharp as he was last season. I wonder if like that him having to step into the role with kalif you are being injured was like the thing that really got him to shine last season.
Speaker 2: But I feel like he's not quite obviously had as many.
Speaker 5: A midfielder who doesn't want to play left back. Yeah yeah, yes, if I just defend badly, he.
Speaker 2: Was still putting me here. But yeah, we'll see it is a season syndrome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 3: He had a good play. I mean a few good plays. The ball into James Us gets Martinelli the second goal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll get back to oursel in the moment. Probably a little bit as well, because we haven't even got to the really. But also, man you lost to Brighton one goals to two.
Speaker 3: Listen, I want to congratulate Manchester United for figuring out how to tank in football. I thought football was a tank proof sport. I thought that's why relegation existed. You guys figured out how to play the minimum games possible as soon as possible with the most assd roster. Thank you for being accommodating to my American mind.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Danny Welbeck the fucking boogieman again. I think he's somebody has like eight or nine goals against them. I think it's one of the teams he scores against the most and he's such a time which yeah, I mean ever sinking that because it was we were the one that provided that first cutback that was in the FA Cup. I remember when we went away there and Danny Welbeck scored the winner and he was like fuck all of you. And part of me at the time was like, I think was it Van Hall. I think at the time was a manager that he was just deemed surplus. And I think for him being there since he was like eight years old and being like cast away, I think put a huge ship on his shoulder. And I think ever since then he's always been like yeah, brou.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, Like that's what keeps him playing to the age he's playing just to keep haunting Manchester.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like, as long as you needed is on the schedule, I can play the whole.
Speaker 2: Season, which it might not be much longer.
Speaker 5: And his you know, yeah, sadly I was thinking if you if you play, I was this is what I think I do, right, if you would you celebrate against your old club like or would you do that? It depends on what I would do like him, I would celebrate against my.
Speaker 2: Old club because obviously you've left.
Speaker 5: Something's happened, it's gone wrong, and that's a but to compound it, I wouldn't celebrate against any other team, So.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 5: Hands up, hands up? No, no, why you send hands up against Norwedge? You have never been in Norwedge, Chris thirtieth dollars a year, man, Just.
Speaker 1: Up.
Speaker 2: I like the Canaries, like Norwedge.
Speaker 5: I've also been on a stack doing Norwedge, and I'm afraid just didn't get yellow shoes on the side point.
Speaker 2: I love lost this road, you know I can't do it to them here. Lost this road's.
Speaker 5: Contad that's actually down the road. But then man, it's crazy crazy anyway star breaks.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Lost this road is QPR right CA Carrow Road. Yeah, you just lost?
Speaker 3: You just know some.
Speaker 1: I just I just ordered three whiskeys like this bro. They said this motherfucker faking it.
Speaker 2: There's some United fans say Amroon would have fucking won that one.
Speaker 1: There are people who are again, this is what's so funny to see some of my biggest rivals be so out of sorts in understanding where they are in the evolution of their club right now that like they're in their banter years right now and they haven't accepted it yet, so they're still doing this thing like peak banter era.
Speaker 2: Arsenal fan would be like, no.
Speaker 1: Man, I think man like Ada bay Or and a few other things, like we could get this thing going. Oh yeah, yeah, that's good. I think, yeah yeah, I think if we can sign Yan and Via that'll be a really great signing that would really help a yo On gorekoof too.
Speaker 2: These are real players we're being linked to.
Speaker 1: These were scrubs, okay, and the team was full of scrubs, and it was a scrub mentality, and arsen Benger was able to coast rightfully off of his accomplishments, but it was a it was a bit too long, right, So with United fans being like seeing this and now being like, I don't know, Darren Fletcher, obviously we didn't need to do this. Maybe we did. They were screaming for Amram to be sacked, but then when he sacked, they're like, actually, maybe this wasn't the right thing, guys. Just I don't even know what they're going to do next. We still don't know who the manager is going to be. But there the denial is still fucking intense over there, and I love to see it.
Speaker 3: And somehow Cessco is the only one playing well in all of this. Yeah recently, right, Yeah, as soon as Ameron was gone. Now Sasco can't stop. Yeah, scores an never game.
Speaker 5: He's been freed whatever, you know, I know he's he's making Jokerez look like just a worse signing by the game, Yeah, by the minute.
Speaker 1: So I don't know. We'll see who they end up going with the job. It still sounds like it's going to be one former player, right.
Speaker 5: That was the latest Carrick interim. If Carrick does vaguely well, they'll just keep him.
Speaker 2: Yes, man, that's what I want.
Speaker 1: I want to get yep, yep, Because that's the thing you all of these clubs like taught them the same way United Chelsea. Things aren't going to flick turn around until you actually find it, like a manager with vision and a real clear ideology that he can then impose on the entire club, like like you know, like how he used to before it became all this like fucking bureaucratic bike committee sort of thing.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Liverpool for Barnsley one dominic sobo sly with a hospital pass. My goodness, that was this over to Where was this on Thursday or whatever?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Where those was this sobo slile?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 2: He fucking yeah his goal was a fucking ripper. Yeah, absolutely, yeah, and so casual after too, he was like, yeah, right, well that.
Speaker 4: Was the thing.
Speaker 5: I noticed him and a lot of the Demon man, a lot of these sort of I'm not even both both celebrating because yeah, it doesn't you should still celebrate kicking it that hard and it should never not say it does fit.
Speaker 1: He's got to feel good, well you know he was yeah, yeah, he's like, hey he went on a stack. Yeah, I gotta respect, you know. I went to a Wednesday there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're up there.
Speaker 2: I don't ye, yeah exactly.
Speaker 1: That kid Owen Cooper who won like a Golden Globe Critics Choice Award, He's like been big enough.
Speaker 2: He signed his speech off at the Golden Globes.
Speaker 1: By saying You'll never walk along, which was pretty peak supporter culture. I would say, I'm like, okay, you did that, and did you see that clip where he met uh Shallow May at the I think it was Critics Choice Awards and he showed him a picture of Diego Show and Shallon May is like, oh Dill goes out to.
Speaker 2: Rip and every like all the Liverpool fans are like, yeah, bro, Shallon May is a real one.
Speaker 1: He's a real one.
Speaker 2: He's real. I'm hearing as we need more goodness to win awards. I know, I know. Look, this kid was in North London forever and you six Yeah, age, we well, you know.
Speaker 4: We just needed your helper to be in a better movie. That's what we need this a while.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and see Spike Lee came to it a little bit later.
Speaker 1: Uh he had he had opportunities to win awards. Uh where I mean at the time when he was he wasn't he wasn't out there every week in Brooklyn. Yeah, we were winning ship. He was thinking like girls six. Yeah, I was executive producing Bamboozle. Then we got Spurs one aston Villa to another one. This is the second year in a row that uh Tottenham that has been dumped by aston Villa again. The fans here they're fucking losing it.
Speaker 2: They want hump.
Speaker 1: This has been such an l of a week, ell of a week and the l of a week for these supporters because like there was the Thomas Frank thing at Bourne, myth with the cup, the Arsenal Cup, God, the fucking semenial just like sign off goal to his career there to win the game. Then there was like the players were fucking going to the stands and confronting the supporters. It was a fucking mess. And then like Christian Romero was posting some shit about like, oh the board's telling lies. Yeah, I was in every drip on drop of that ship up and now they signed Connor Gallagher and they're pissed about that, and I'm like, bro, Connor Gallagher, is you need? I know, maybe you don't think that's interesting. You actually need Connor Gallagher? Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 2: You do need someone that can run around actually in the middle.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you don't need Forty's when when do you think he's how long? Because they can't If the board can resist this level of vitriol for much longer, be very impressed.
Speaker 2: But it's a bit like a long right out. You're like, just when just finish it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, I don't know. Yeah, it's it doesn't seem the thing is like, oh, maybe they're really trying to commit to the project or whatever. But I have with the kind of I mean, right now, they don't have the luxury of being able to clear any dead wood in terms of like the team that he would want to have like built in his image. So it's hard to see that turnover happening to even know like where they're at in terms of like backing him to have his own, you know, have his own squad. But doesn't look like they are because what they only just signed a like a nineteen year old from Santos, right, like a left back.
Speaker 2: Is like they're one signing so far.
Speaker 1: But I don't know.
Speaker 5: I mean, I think maybe it director football, which is quite a weird time to announce it. He's gonna stand for a couple of weeks, end of the window. Then he's gone like, yeah, that doesn't sound yeah. Yeah, as we've said.
Speaker 2: I like Thomas Frank, I think he's a good coach.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So the sooner he gets out of there, the sooner.
Speaker 5: And go back to liking him properly again, and the sinner's eyes can come back to the front of his head.
Speaker 4: This game.
Speaker 3: My only notes in this game, it looked like one of the coldest places to ever be. Everybody in the stands looked upset to be there, and maybe that was because it was at Tottenham Stadium, but it also just seems so frigid, and they also play they actually played well in the second half. I just want to give joy. I want to give Javia just the honorable mention. If you were playing on a real team, you probably scored a game winner in this match.
Speaker 1: I guess that's why it's probably difficult on some level to just completely jump ship because they have these moments they are like, yeah, okay, see the build off that. But I also see like part of it too, like when they say they're playing so boring, it's like if he's being pragmatic, like he kind of has to stop the bleeding and meaning you got to stop the goals. Like we went through a very similar thing where it's like, bro, we're just trying to stop people from scoring right now, and everyone was like this is fucking ugly or whatever, like bro, we're trying to taggle one matter fucking time. So that could be what's going on, but I don't know. I mean just based on how up, like just fucking angry all the Spurs supporters are. I don't think he's gonna last long because like these people there, and I think that's the thing is like they have no patients either. I don't know who could come in that would fix this right now. It's like it's gonna take massive investment and patience. Like there's this group of players isn't good enough. It's like it's not like a manager is gonna unlock this squad. Like maybe they could get marginally better performances, but this isn't a squad.
Speaker 3: I have a suggestion, and this is a serious suggestion. Tottenham needs to be the first team managed by a fictional character. Everybody's talking about IP and who owns IP?
Speaker 4: Who owned this? Who owned that?
Speaker 3: It's time to bring in coach Carter. It's time to bring in somebody, somebody. There's a Tottenham link. There's somewhere between Nike and and Tottenham and all the money they've been making. They have to have the rights to a fictional character who can coach this thing, right, Yeah, huh, I like him.
Speaker 1: You see see if this was Portsmouth, that could happen, right, Because Michael Eisner is the owner true Disney head and see yeah.
Speaker 2: Michael Eisner, Yeah, Michael Eisner.
Speaker 1: Bop Sportsmith a few years like, I don't know, maybe in the two thousands or something.
Speaker 4: When they were sponsored by Beanie Babies.
Speaker 1: Yeah tie, they had the tie on the front. Yeah, yeah, yeah, man, Tye was rocking Batch then baby American Zavanbole of British football team. Yeah, it might be time to link up on that. I don't really I don't have four mil, but I could listen.
Speaker 2: You look at you guys know enough people you get consuls.
Speaker 1: Together, well you know consortium. Yeah sure, yeah, I'm gonna I'm gonna talk. I'm talking to the Cronkys later. I'm talking about you know what I mean.
Speaker 8: There's only one with the Cronkies, with the yeah, younger Cronkies exactly. Man, I smoke Pete Dogs with Josh Cronky Baby. All right, all right, let's move on to let's take a break.
Speaker 2: Actually that we could do We could do prem after the break maybe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, let's do that.
Speaker 3: Let's do that.
Speaker 2: Let me call my boy Josh, tell him to put one up real quick, and I meet him in the parking lot right after this.
Speaker 1: And we're back. So match week twenty one of the is it what isn't the bark It's not bark This is the Premier League.
Speaker 2: Now it's not PL, isn't it? It's BPL? Still Okay, I keep saying that's pure Barkleys. That's a crazy weekend. Oh yeah. If you say that to Annymore, yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh man, I do that too with my boy. We go Bro.
Speaker 2: Barkley's we go, Hey, Bro, this was Barkley's. That's how we say it, like it's Charles Barkley. Oh you say, I mean if you say, then you're gonna say it's pure Charles.
Speaker 1: That'd be we're going if we're going, all man, how is that match? Or they'll be like if there's a wild match winner, we'll just bark lease Bro barks Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you guys didn't invent that.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 2: There's no way.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 2: When I tell me the first time you did it.
Speaker 5: I mean I copied off. I mean I think ja, it's like, have you got did you say? Look before you leap?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Make that ship up? You just see some wild ship in the made up? Yeah? You ever see some ship in the NBA and you go, Damn, Bro, the n B A man, wait, you do that?
Speaker 4: I love this game. I was one of those guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course we're all loving this game. We talked a little bit about the nil nil draw Arsenal in Liverpool. I mean, I'm not really bothered. I'm not really bothered by it at all. Actually, when everyone's dry upping points just like it's luckily everyone's been dropping points.
Speaker 2: Would have been nice to extend our lead, our gap to eight points, but no six will do for now.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I don't know anything else, anything else to add term scheme of things game where.
Speaker 2: Everyone always it always happens when they will go Arsenal can't.
Speaker 5: It's like the way teams play against Aren't Liverpool They especially second but played really well and Arsenal did look a bit like tied. And I will go back to our favorite person. That's not one hundred percent his fault, not every player but Giocharez. It was funny when so certain games I do think that playing on the last line strikers a go there.
Speaker 2: But Liverpool, Kanata and Vergil were like, who's this?
Speaker 5: They like it, look less less worried about him and have As came on for twelve minutes and what he like, he got the ball turned and then did a through ball when everyone's like, this got so much ballon door compared to Victor because this guy turned and past.
Speaker 1: Yeah one go. Yeah he's so. I mean when I should have mentioned that, but yeah, he's His spatial awareness is so much better, Like he can feel when like the defense might be just starting to concentrate on one side of the box, He's like, well, I'm going to go into space because that shits can Just like he just makes himself available in a very intelligent way, which seems normal, but I guess compared to you start to really see how limited Yakeres is. However, his presence has it enabled us to be a little more fluid, like offensively.
Speaker 2: So it's like it they offer different things.
Speaker 1: But I just have a feeling that when Hartz fully comes back, we're gonna be fucking He's smacking the shit out of you.
Speaker 3: Well, he is the perfect in between between Jesus and jo is, Like he plays physicals and he knows when to come back to the ball.
Speaker 4: He's into that.
Speaker 3: But I don't mind, Hey, I don't mind Victor continuing to give minutes. I know people are like he's gonna go to the bench. I don't mind it, because we're in some sort of a rhythm, whatever you want to say. We tend to win games when he's there. Maybe one day they'll figure out winning where to pass him the ball. But I just like that we win the games. It would have been nice if we had fucking won this game, because I got to tell you, guys, watching this motherfucking game in a hot tub and it ending in a draw fucking stunk. All right, My girls, like you're really watching the game, were in the hot tub. I'm like, dog, this is my I'm like, yo, you got to be on the team to watch every like dog, come on, like, stop calling me dog.
Speaker 4: Listen, Dog, this is a.
Speaker 3: I immediately went DMX on my fucking life partner because I wanted to watch this and it would have.
Speaker 4: Been nice if we had won.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, that is a game that felt like it was a job though.
Speaker 5: I mean, that's what you're like, I might work right in the job normally, like this is the most fun job in the world, but that one was like, there's you know, as soon.
Speaker 4: As I saw the rain, I'm like, we're in for some bullshit.
Speaker 2: Well it was fucking coming down.
Speaker 5: It's funny how people think that's not an excuse, but I do think if it's really rainy, it's much harder's played.
Speaker 2: For hey for sure, Hey can you do it on a rainy night and stoke? You know what I mean? As they say.
Speaker 4: Raining sideways, the rain is like going up into your eyelids.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was felt less bad because City also dropp points, but as felt like a misopportunity. But the City game out if you're going to move on to it the day before was like that was the That was a different tension exactly.
Speaker 1: That was the thing that allowed me to be a little more relaxed watching like the Arsenal result, because my god, that Manchester City Brighton game was fucking horrifying.
Speaker 4: Watch was there actually like eight as well?
Speaker 2: In this game. It was just so crazy because they're holding on to this fucking just it's a draw, okay.
Speaker 1: And the amount of mistakes that were being made at the back were like terrifying because they were putting like some of these like passes across the front of the goal like stupid shit, Like the most basic stuff like don't pass like in it when it's congest like that. Why are you passing in front of your goalkeeper like that? There was just so many mistakes that I was like, you're trying to fucking let them score right now. And I had such a hard time holding on to that flimsy reality because I was like, this ast to hold because I have not seen victory in many years now, and the snakes are too high for me now, and all my stress was going into that. I'm so glad it was over, but I was so fucking it. There's just too much riding on and again, the way in which Brighton was defending made it worse.
Speaker 2: It was almost like they were like edging with fucking an own goal out. It was fucking me up.
Speaker 5: I was moving house that day and so I wasn't watching it, but I was getting the text of the most.
Speaker 2: It was actually lovely. I was just you go to just live all.
Speaker 5: It's like having a having an anxiety, Pa, You just you were just handling my anxiety for me and then like processing it and then part and I was just I was just like, this is great, this is still one all, this is beautiful.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I'm still gobsmack because it was truly upsetting to watch.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to figure out who was one of the players. I forget what like.
Speaker 1: After there was a shot of him on the bench because he got fucking hooked and he was just like had his head in his hands, just like what the fuck, Yeah, get me out of there.
Speaker 5: Phil Foden England's star boy. Starboy to a degree do we think a lot of people if you actually sort of watch him. He's quite a good garnish on the team, playing well, but he's not good enough to like, he's not Debruyn right.
Speaker 2: He can't run the show right and he can't spread the through balls either, like of a.
Speaker 5: He can't play always like I got he saw of in that sort of ten pocket Okay, like you know, he can score some nice goals and stuff and not obviously dismissing it, but you I feel like a lot of the city, like Taxticos, get quite fed up with the fact that he is sort of in between stuff and he's not He's not the boy, He's not who they need.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, so maybe semno Semnio.
Speaker 5: It seems like a very smart sonny and I imagine become clutch and his physical pod is not physically dominant like him so now it's in a different position, I know, but that's the sort of player I think.
Speaker 2: That they need.
Speaker 5: And Poding's you can kind of see why that he kind of got frozen out for a bit a lot, especially last season. But yeah, what they might might come really good and score fIF he was on a run. When he gets in a run of scoring the goal of the game, it's pretty impressive, but right, but everything has to be right around.
Speaker 1: I mean with some manual he looked like less of like a Mighty Ducks player than Dokul is, you know on that wing where I'm like, oh, like his goal was just like, bro, are you in my way? Because I'm about to score, whereas Docul sometimes you're like he's like like just the whole time he's pulling up, he's like, let me see what what you got? And it's a little he's like over dribbling sometimes. But I'm curious to see, like in the Premier League, what Samanuo looks like because he's used to it, Like what he looks like now in that system, because I think it is going to be scary. As ship I was talking about the player I was thinking of, was you seeing Ayari the midfielder. I gotta show this is this clip of him like this one. I'm just like, this is the clip that made me scream over the text message just this pass right here?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that was what hilarious?
Speaker 1: Mean the fuck and that banana sort of a myster right, yeah, this one again twice twice twice that happened. So anyway, ship like that.
Speaker 2: Was happening when I'm like, are you about all right? Born mitt Spurs? Well, which, what are the matches do you want to cover on the way out?
Speaker 4: Wouldn't mind talking about Samenyo's graduation game?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, means finish. Here's the finish like of course, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, born with three Spurs two ninetieth plus five.
Speaker 2: It had to happen.
Speaker 1: What was there their street going into this? Eleven matches? They haven't won in eleven bets? Yeah, you know they played Spurs. Look, Spurs, you're like to make a You're charitable. You're charitable, you're a charitable club, and you help people back on their feet, and I think that's important. You helped as a get on his feet and his career going with us. You've given me countless moments of joy over this just barely half of a season that's been played, so so thank you to take that. After that, Pallina, that overhead kick was not bad that he scored to equalize, but then yeah, and even the Tael finish was pretty decent as well. But it was like, yeah, oh, did you shot me? Have like a nice little back heal to play it to him. I think like that he just chopped it back to him. I think that was Yeah, that was a really nice goal. Very I did not see that usually from uh tell.
Speaker 4: Go of the game for me.
Speaker 3: Evan Nielsen with the header, he but he used his whole body and ass the way he jumped, he used every cell in his body. He was doing like one of those like uh performing like he was like in a musical on Broadway or something.
Speaker 4: One of them.
Speaker 2: Du and then Creepy also scored two. Creepy Jr. We with fans of Creepy Jr.
Speaker 1: What do the thing to say?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he bags a little goalstopy should be like a like a healthier kind of mayonnaise something.
Speaker 4: Oh when I think about what a croup would be, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's like gro hold on, Jamel, you're not using mayonnaise still, are you on your sandwhich is not Yeah, no, it's Cey Croopy. What's that? Croopy is the new all natural Localitie mayonnaise still has rich exits of baby yeah Croopy wow uh yeah. Him and like Shot seem like the kind of players that are going to get coached in the in the near future. They feel like if they if they are, you know, as good as they seem to be, they seem like type of players at the top clubs will be looking for, at least I'm looking for.
Speaker 5: But no, yeah, I mean or you got Eagle Tiago as well is the every one. I think it's gonna He's the all round center forward a lot of people want. But so meno, Yeah, we've got it. I feel like that's what what a couldn't be better a way of finishing your career. And I think the bo the fans, I think it's so interesting as certain fans are certain players the way they leave and change how they were act. But they were just fully like I think they were, like, we can't believe this guy has played for us forout a year and a half.
Speaker 2: He's awesome and then scores that winner.
Speaker 5: Goodbye, see you later, walk into the sunset, hopefully he doesn't do what Pep wants him to do off the ball and gets frozen out a lot and struggles, but at the moment looks like he's going to be good for them.
Speaker 2: We'll see, we'll see.
Speaker 5: He can play off two footed, which is always more players aren't two footed when you just think how much?
Speaker 2: What else do you do it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Exactly, you can't if you're off a foot, bro, Yeah, start early because most people are so predictable.
Speaker 2: Whatever, bless him, blessed well, not now that he's a city. But we'll see.
Speaker 1: Oh, one thing I was gonna ask about was Mark Gaey because it's still as of you know, the windows open. People are saying he might go to City, he might go to Liverpool, he might stay and just leave on a free.
Speaker 2: I don't know has that changed much.
Speaker 1: He might go to Arst right, And that was the other part. I was like, that would be so full this shit. We really got it, We really have the fucking cards like that.
Speaker 3: Well, does them losing the Macles field? Does that lower the the transfer fee at all? Is that how this works?
Speaker 4: You like? Just like two mil off?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, come on, that's gotta be where something.
Speaker 5: The thing that sort of gets brushed under the comp is didn't He refused to a rainbow flag armband.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, oh, he wrote, I love Jesus on his rainbow armband.
Speaker 1: Mmmm yeah, so I.
Speaker 5: Think the Liverpool It might be the Liverpool gay spool, isn't it They I think had Anvanessa.
Speaker 2: They didn't want to say Liverpool and Liverpool.
Speaker 4: I would love to talk to the gay gooners. We got any gay gooner plugs?
Speaker 2: Because I love to.
Speaker 3: I have to imagine they would be like, hey, man, get his ass in here, get this big as his ass, Well, firs, let's get this title. I'm just wondering if the Arsenal Games supporters group feels the same as the Liverpool Case supporters group at this point in the season.
Speaker 4: Wait, what happened right back? We can't keep it back for together?
Speaker 1: Wait he said, Okay, so he wrote that Jesus loves you on his rainbow armband.
Speaker 4: Well that's that's better than that for me.
Speaker 1: For some reason, he says it was it was just a message of truth and love and inclusivity.
Speaker 2: But he added, I don't think the message was harmful in anyway.
Speaker 1: That's all I can really say about that.
Speaker 2: To be honest. All right, Well that seems like a good enough reason get him in, get.
Speaker 1: Behind that man up, because I remember, I mean like I remember Adri.
Speaker 2: The Nuanced Balanced to discuss this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean this people should I'm always saying there aren't enough places for straight men to talk about gay rights.
Speaker 2: Come on, this is what you came to, ain't in forty four? What else?
Speaker 1: Burnley to man United too again with a brace uh even Dorgu with an assist door every week for even you wrong dude, I know, ever since I said he looks like his name, he's like, oh yeah, what's.
Speaker 4: That gold involvement? Every week since that was.
Speaker 5: That lift up a T shirt that says fucking Miles, Yeah, Miles and Ago such a fucking mouth loser.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, oh my god, how did he he.
Speaker 2: Knows who I am thinking that's what he said?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean this was another one though.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: You they were like, okay, we got this, We're up two six minutes later, Okay, okay, all right, that's a draw. Well at list it wasn't a loss. Our man's hair will continue to stay long. But yeah, this was like the first match without Ruben Amram, who continues to look like his life has improved. Yeah, every image you see smiling in ways I've never seen a man just generally smile, tapping up the paparazzi people pointing him out.
Speaker 2: He's like taking pictures. He's yucking it up. He's the fucking mayor Right now, Where.
Speaker 4: Do you go if you're Amram? Like, are you going to watch football in like Portugal?
Speaker 2: Or are you like you have a lot of games nights. You hit a lot of games nights.
Speaker 5: Okay, you haven't been too busy all this games night you see to get invited to you you start turning up, you pay attention to the rules of a game you've never played before.
Speaker 2: Yep, that's the sort of time you've got in your hands.
Speaker 4: He's gonna crush rumby cub or whatever exactly.
Speaker 1: EXA mean, unreal how much money they've paid, Like they paid what like ten hog like ten million to fuck off? Amram's also getting a bag this dude, Any of us is so fucking bad at that. What is wrong with them?
Speaker 2: The amount of money that they're spending to like permanent contracts, is that's an expense. I feel like you can't ignore if you're saying you're running something like a business or a club just generally, and they can't again stick to any anyone because they've got the yips, because I think that reputation is so heavy that any sort of anything that isn't instant rejuvenation is going to be seen as unacceptable. And I think, I mean, look at the place. The fucking old Trafford is falling apart. So I think there's so much stress.
Speaker 5: I was just thinking, you know that sort of talking about you know, when goalkeepers go down and it's thanking an injury just to get a team talk. And I think they need to look at managers.
Speaker 2: King being really crap of that jobs to get a big payout.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's number one on my list, so it's a hard one, right, Yeah, I think he's starting. Do you know what I think those managers they stopped, I'm gonna I'm gonna do it, and they hit and I think he'd hit this point a couple of months ago and he was just like this is just yeah, screw Jason Wilcox, screw to Jim Radcliffe.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna say some stuff and just just give give me ten million. See yeah, oh right, right, and they'd be like, surely he wouldn't. He wouldn't go hit up a mouse trap night with my buddy who know, surely he would one and a half classes of wine. This is the famous Oscar Meyer weeder car. Surely he wouldn't crash it on purpose. That would be He's like, I don't give a fuck. I wonder he was like, watch me, bro, you think i'd give a fun man?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 4: I like this theory. Though this happens all the time in American sports, for sure.
Speaker 3: This is definitely a move by a coach who's like, fuck this, And I wonder how long it's gonna take Manchester United to realize that that's what these coaches are doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because again you got a weird set up there. They're not going to trust like one manager to come in with their vision. All these managers you talk about, you look at bucking all of them. They what they want is just to be backed by a board to get the squad. They would need to enact like whatever their footballing philosophy is. And like that's why Guardiola has done so well. Obviously that's a huge reputation that comes with it. But other managers that have done really well on some level have been able to shape an entire squad like in their vision, rather than someone else being like, well, this is kind of how we want to play, and then you get this like clash of personalities or egos or beliefs or whatever, and then you get this kind of dysfunction that plays out on the field. And I don't know, man, I called me old fashioned, but like what happened just like letting a manager like fucking do their thing. But I guess the money the obviously, it's just like the wages make everything so fucking like good. We can't wi the dollar accept your pay. Almost every manager that's been at the club recently around nine to ten pounds to leave. That's Amram ten Hog Sorshire and fucking I think even ran Yick, Ralph Ranyick even got a huge fucking see you later bag too.
Speaker 4: Those could have been probably some key players instead.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, bro, did you see that headline about how we were We wanted to sign soble Sly and then Edu said no, we need William.
Speaker 5: And I've started to realize that like director of football is sort of this. They want to have the director for shaping and the manager the coach, you take it in and out. And so look at what edu he's done at Noringham Forest. He's been absolutely crap and he's going to get fired pretty soon. He hasn't he everyone's joke. He's always barbecuing stuff and it's just doing the same. But he doesn't have Mickel Arteta. And then you look at Berta. Everyone's going cool. But then a lot of the talk is he was the one who's like, get Yokarez and at the moment, yeah, looks bad, right, moment change, But I have put in another WhatsApp group that I'm almost certain he'll get loaned or sold it in the season. That's another one where Mikeel goes, all right, big guy, wellthern than that get way back to all my choices because all his talent ID is top notch and there's no way. Michel looked at what Victor does with the ball at his feet and thought, this guy's going to play the way I want to play. So we'll see. Yes, it's I think the coach is so vital and they have to have a never adult probable that kind of agrees with them. It's good if you haven't just dictating what to do ain't gonna work me?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, ah man, he's had he's he's had an interesting history in terms of like the players that he's signed, some.
Speaker 2: Good ones and some fucking bad ones.
Speaker 1: What else do we need to hit? Jabby Jabby getting fired? Yeah, so Shabby Alonzo.
Speaker 4: Did he leave?
Speaker 1: Is it mutual concent or was he sacked? He was sacked, right, I thought we got a They say seem like he's the one with the that's crazy crazy. Yeah, yeah, it's been. He's been sacked.
Speaker 3: There was a sad level of insubordination at the at the King Abdulah Sports City.
Speaker 4: I can't believe it.
Speaker 1: Like when you text your like, do they traditionally play the Spanish Super Cup Final at the King of Bela Sports City Stadium?
Speaker 3: No, no ah, ship Man, I was looking comfortable in there. That game was crazy. Yeah, well, at least the first half, and then it just kind of seemed to just solo part about it the moment I turned it on, right, wasn't it?
Speaker 1: Did it end up being like to two at the end of the first half. I thought it was maybe even it was two two or three two two by the end. Yeah, that was wild. All those goals coming in injury time.
Speaker 4: Lewandowski immediately answer was the gold of the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fucking brilliant.
Speaker 4: He's allowed to score again. That yeahat yeah.
Speaker 1: They weren't telling him, like they weren't sending him photos of Catalan children and being like, we will die and we will starve if you bankrupt FC Barcelona because we cannot pay the He that the deal we signed with Baio.
Speaker 2: So at the end of the match, right, Barcelona win, it's three two.
Speaker 1: Obviously their fucking biggest rival is about to take the stage and get their medals.
Speaker 2: And Bap prevented everybody from doing any kind.
Speaker 1: Of honor guard for Barcelona, and he even called Jabi Alonso. He's like, man, what the fuck you doing, bro, We're not doing all that shit gets your wrestled, like he told him, we're not doing this ship And when you see that, you're like, yeah, this is uh the he's lost He's lost them, He's lost them. That's such a fucking weird club. I mean not a weird club. The player power has always been the thing that usually fucking dooms a manager there, but to see it that out in the open, you're like, bro, who wants to this fucking babas kids. The fuck is this man trying to hate these monsters? Right?
Speaker 3: It definitely doesn't set a great tone for whoever's coming in next. But I suppose it'll just be in Bape's decision, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well right now it's gonna be al Yeah, former Liverpool teammate. So I don't know does this mean? I mean, I wonder where job's gonna ends up end up next, like dude, this because it feels like he was going to go to Liverpool, but at the time he.
Speaker 2: Was like, I kind of want to get the real the dread job first. Yeah, you gotta do that.
Speaker 5: Well, I feel like to succeed that you have to The only real type of coaching is fun uncol right, fun uncool.
Speaker 2: You're like, hey, guys, what do you want to do?
Speaker 1: Is that you can have as much va That's cool, That's all right, that's cool. I'll have what flavors that your blood? Okay, I'm interested, Yeah, cocaine cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's no problem with all of us little chops.
Speaker 1: I thought I thought I smell. I thought people were farting in here. Okay, y'all chopping it up.
Speaker 2: Yep, yep, I know what's going on?
Speaker 1: I'm the cool uncle.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I can do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know who I mean. Like, I feel like z Dan was like the last dude to be able to have Like it's probably because he's like, motherfucker, I'm z Dan. Fuck you. How many of you are going to do it as big as me?
Speaker 2: Okay? Someone young? Okay, oh y'all okay, cool.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 5: You're not funny though, to watch your team so obviously like this, they're not going to win the league an think but by looks at it less league. But it is quite funny to watch a team where you're like, they don't really press, and they don't really do They literally are just like we'll just get really good players and they'll just just be really good and it'll go against the well coached team and it doesn't generally against the very best coach teams doesn't succeed. But it is pretty impressive how just loads of good players, like it's just just like just trying to score those of goals and a laugh in it's crazy.
Speaker 1: It's like, hey man, what about me? Man, I'm right back, and yeah, yeah, if you want to get it in, go ahead, bro, Yeah, come up with I gotta a yeah for sure, bro, Yeah yeah, can you can you say til halftime at least? All right?
Speaker 2: All right, I'm smoking, I'm smoking. Yeah, I'm smoking.
Speaker 1: All good, baby, all good, all good man.
Speaker 2: You know, whatever you want, get it, how you live, baby, This is around Madrid.
Speaker 4: You know who might be a good coach for them? Harryanree.
Speaker 1: That's a good shot.
Speaker 4: That's actually he.
Speaker 3: Doesn't seem like he has the attitude, like he has the expectation of all the players.
Speaker 4: That they yeah, anywhere.
Speaker 2: I think it's the problem.
Speaker 3: I'm just thinking it matches the attitude and just have a little funky attitude together.
Speaker 2: He wouldn't because he'd be the one person he like, what the fuck you're gonna do? Hope and Pop is like, oh shit.
Speaker 5: He'd still be able to dribble around them. It seems like Glenn Hodell and him. I think the same thing with the not great managers, because they're just like, just do this, just drive around.
Speaker 2: Full big on the score and the life.
Speaker 4: Just the perfect man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just a basic human.
Speaker 1: Never lose a match in the season, bro, that's the goal. Okay, And y'all little fucking losers couldn't. Yeah, I'm tired of.
Speaker 2: Looking at y'all.
Speaker 1: He'd have the weirdest relationship with them. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's hard to know who.
Speaker 1: It's just a hard group of players, and like that club is just so huge, and yeah, it takes like a one in every five managers to figure it out.
Speaker 3: Maybe they should be run by like like an automated text service. Maybe it should be like like American IDOL voting. Mmm, hey, if you want us to park the bus, press press, yeah, yeah, if you want us to go forward, And everybody's.
Speaker 4: Got a little light up sensors in the crowd and.
Speaker 1: Right, and like all the all the players like they do little videos on TikTok to like get your vote. It's like vote for me for starting center back, and they like they hit like a TikTok.
Speaker 3: Right, and it's a little bit of a lifestyle piece. We start hearing about these guys families.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, killing yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Do you know about Verdie had a dad? Yeah, I had no clue.
Speaker 2: I was just thinking, actually, a good cushion would just be a dog. They just had a dog for vibes.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, they just walk out and they just walk out of a massive dog and they're like, that's fun. You doesn't want a big dog? And they just do what they want. And I honestly didn't they do bad than the tactical Yeah, like this the big white dog.
Speaker 1: I think also with the dog too, like you look crazy for disrespecting a dog in public?
Speaker 4: Also, right, I didn't shake.
Speaker 2: It's cool give us?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, what am I supposed to do? I can't?
Speaker 1: You want to see him, bob baby, like, get your ass over here. I'm I'm done playing with you. They'd be like, Bro, are you talking to that dog like that? You fucking that's disgusting for that's disgusting behavior the dog.
Speaker 4: I waited to shake the dog's hand. The dog was digging a hole.
Speaker 2: I do not have all night?
Speaker 1: Right, oh my god? All right, well, I think that's gonna wrap it up for this week of ain't it Footy. We'll be back because the ship never stops. Who's got plugs? Like ain't Ronny?
Speaker 3: I'd like to plug Brendan Aronson. Hey man, hey, you was playing some football last week.
Speaker 4: Brother. I just want to acknowledge that you did a little something brother.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, like, hey, good on you, man, just but hey man, get it in.
Speaker 3: A minute's too putting on for cocker calf doing old You go do an old fie for celebrations, Yeah, both of y'all.
Speaker 1: Chris, how about you?
Speaker 5: I want to have just just given up a plug to Purple Nightclub underneath yeah Bridge, how are they doing?
Speaker 1: It?
Speaker 5: Closed down a few years ago, but say, you know, well done on a good run and thanks for all the beers and you guys couldn't get me to pull back in the day, but you know that was a little fall of acne and my bad cigarette excuse, but thanks for the opportunities show Purple.
Speaker 1: The one article I found was that Abramovich built a better nightclub where Purple Nightclub.
Speaker 2: Wants to that bit, wow, letting people what not? Fifteen made it better?
Speaker 4: Hey man?
Speaker 2: You ever see Jeffrey Epstein there? Yeah, that feels he definitely was at whatever Abramovitch made you.
Speaker 3: Damn, that's quite an image young Chris trying to holler at the same chickens. Jeffrey Epstein. He's just like, fuck man, it's a grown man in a fuck is this brom twelve? Jeffrey q eptein is sliding in on you? Yeah, all right, we'll figure that out.
Speaker 5: As long as he as long as he brought me a drink in his hypothetical scenario.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, no, you're good, you're good.
Speaker 2: Purple nightclub.
Speaker 5: And just just for an example of a very fun the sort of British nightclub name, this one called Scenarios night.
Speaker 4: Hey man, you know what happened in there?
Speaker 2: Like scenarios?
Speaker 1: All right, Well, we'll be getting into some different scenarios next week when we're back, y'all.
Speaker 2: Take care, We'll see it in peace peace.
Speaker 4: Bye.
Speaker 3: No no, no no