Speaker 1: Misspelling with Tori Spelling and iHeartRadio podcast. Hi, it's been too long. I only see one person at a time. Yeah, well then I just see you.
Speaker 2: Oh you meant literally okay? No, I was like, I was like, I thought that was a life statement and I was like, well that's a new choice. How are you? Oh my gosh, I feel like I have twenty years to catch up with you.
Speaker 1: I know, it's been so long. I was just thinking about.
Speaker 2: Did my show Remember when I did your show? That was after we did Scream two?
Speaker 1: Right, yes, yeah, gosh, so we did Scream two. He did my show.
Speaker 2: It was just so, did I meet you and Scream too? Or I already knew you because it's it's tough in Hollywood. You always feel like you know everybody. But then, you know, I.
Speaker 1: Feel like we probably have met through Scream two.
Speaker 2: I think, I think so. I just remember I was so nervous to be on that set, and you were the most welcoming and coming from nine oh two and zero, I knew that it's tough being like a new b on the set. I mean, I know it's a feature film, but it's still the same feeling like you guys have been together for already, you know, Scream one and you were just so welcoming and showed me around and then I'm gonna blow your mind right now. And mostly it's just because I'm a hoarder, but it means a lot to me. I still have my Scream to silver ring that you gave every cast member.
Speaker 1: You do, I have it. That's so good. Hold on to that.
Speaker 2: Why is it worth something?
Speaker 1: I don't know. When I got a fun and I think I have one of those somewhere, that means a lot to me because now, I mean, it's a moment in time. You know, we do these things, and you know people always get rap gifts and that's a moment. You know, we all love rap gifts.
Speaker 2: Not always Jamie Kennedy, Not everybody does it. And the fact that you gave it to me, someone with a cameo, it meant a lot to me. I don't know, I've hung on to it. I'm more of a gold girl. So if you do come back and Scream seven, I'd appreciate a gold one.
Speaker 1: All right, I'll work on that. Let me go to it.
Speaker 2: How was that segueing doing? Okay, wait, do you think you're going to come back and Scream seven.
Speaker 1: I mean, do.
Speaker 2: You think can happen bringing people back from the dead?
Speaker 1: So, you know, all I want to tell you is you never know. Look at there's so many people that seem like they're coming back from right.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, but you're you're the fan favorite.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I mean people I don't know. I mean it's nice that people like Randy. He did go soon and he did have a lot of good rules, so.
Speaker 2: He was the best. Oh my gosh. So okay, so let's just say that they're like, okay, come back and scream seven. Would you put in a good word for me that I should come back as Sidney Prescott and Stab?
Speaker 1: You did you were Sydney and Stab?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And in Stab did you you get? You didn't get? You were alive and Stab? Right?
Speaker 2: Well, I played Sidney Prescott. She doesn't die. I mean, she took one movie off in the franchise, but she's back.
Speaker 1: I think that I think you definitely will get a huge input from me if I come back Sidney Stab and Stab was great. You know, there's a whole Stab world waiting to be.
Speaker 2: Explored, a whole Stab world. Reddit. Oh my gosh, I can't like, I'm such a small part of your giant franchise and I am inundated happily with stab stuff weekly. There's posters, there's t shirts. I was like, yes, I finally have my face on a feature on somebody's tits. But it's great.
Speaker 1: It's great, though, isn't it wild? How I remember when that when the movie was so because the first one came out, it just became slowly, slowly slid and became a thing. And then they were like Scream two and I remember you guys rolling Stone Shoe, and I mean you were the cover.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, can we talk about that for a second.
Speaker 1: Incredible wheat.
Speaker 2: I've never talked about that Rolling Stone cover with any other cast member from Screen.
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 2: Really that was a little crazy, Okay, so our listeners know what we're talking about. When Scream two was coming out, Rolling Stone wanted to do the of all the females of Screen too, and they asked me to be in it. And I was like, oh my gosh, are you fucking kidding me? Yes, Oh my, this is amazing. So I was super psyched, even though I had like a tiny roll in it. And the day of we filmed all day long, and we did group shots and we did individual shots, all like individual shots, all portraying like a famous scary movie, and mine was Psycho in the Shower and I just remember them coming in saying, we're having scheduling issues and are you okay to wait because some people have scheduled and they have to get out, and I was just like, I'm just happy to be here, like use me whenever you want me, and I waited to the end everyone was done, and I think I stayed there till like into the night filming mine, and then next thing I know, They're like, you're gonna be the cover and I was.
Speaker 1: Like what, yeah, wow, yes, because there was all you guys were in. It was such a great shoot. Yes, But on Rolling Stone that was the shower sequence. I just remember going like Kwenga and Hollywood where I got my magazines where I used to that huge news.
Speaker 2: And then they pulled out Yeah, it was all like I was in it too, but all the main cast, and I was like, so, I just remember showing up at the Scream two premiere with my like head hanging down because I was so ashamed, why that they deserve to be on the cover and I got made the cover and yeah, I just remember going to the premiere. I think, oh god, I think I might even said something to Nev and said something to Sarah Michelle, and I was like cause I was like, are they gonna be okay? Seeing me, like, they're probably like what the fuck? And of course they were like, oh my god, the cover is great that I was embarrassed.
Speaker 1: No, they would love it.
Speaker 2: They're great, They're so great.
Speaker 1: It's just an iconic moment. I think that that that picture was the one. But the whole layout, everything was so great.
Speaker 2: The whole layout was sick. But yeah, I mean now now I'm like proud of it. I'm like, oh my gosh. But I just didn't want any confrontation, which there never was. All the girls, all the cast all, I'm really great. You guys were awesome.
Speaker 1: The one thing about our world is everybody is really supportive of each other. It's it's a really unique situation.
Speaker 2: I mean not always, but yeah, it's.
Speaker 1: And Stab included our Scream family.
Speaker 2: And your Scream and Stab world all, yeah, is true.
Speaker 1: I need to get more to know more stabs, more stabs, what more stab people? I know more. I'm screamer. Buy have to get the known stabs.
Speaker 2: You and lou what are you called a screamer?
Speaker 1: Screamers and stabbers? I guess I just came up with that.
Speaker 2: Oh I like that, right? Yeah? And who else were the other stabbers?
Speaker 1: You? Luke, Heather Graham.
Speaker 2: Eight, uh oh my god, blinking David Shwimmer.
Speaker 1: Swimmer as David h. There was another guy who played me, I don't know his name was great. But once you do, it's a whole other world. It's wild, it's totally.
Speaker 2: Wild, totally wild. Yeah. Okay, Well, my my thirteen year old thinks I'm very cool because you're doing my podcast today. She's a huge screen fan. Ah, like wildly huge. For her birthday, never had sent her a little video message and it just like freaks out. She freaks out.
Speaker 1: It's crazy how new generations is just discovering right.
Speaker 2: Technically, I feel like Scream brought back the horror genre.
Speaker 1: It did, and then the new one brought it back. I didn't. The new ones just reinvigorated Scream again. It's just wild. It's just a whole new generation. And then by the new ones being success, they look at the old ones and it's just incredible.
Speaker 2: Why had they never done a series they did?
Speaker 1: They did on MTV Scream Queens, No Scream, but.
Speaker 2: Tell you're right, Oh yeah, but they could do Stab the series.
Speaker 1: I mean, I feel like Stabs want to blow up.
Speaker 2: I'm going to see you soon. I'm going to see you in Hartford.
Speaker 1: Yes, We're gonna do nineties Conn. I'm like, I heard such an amazing con.
Speaker 2: It is so the convention world is still fascinating to me because I'm just starting to, like last couple of years, get into that world. I don't know it so well, but I got to tell you nineties con it's like the four seasons of conventions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's amazing to say that, because well, the whole convention con My take on it is is that our business is completely changed forever. I was just talking to my body last night. I was like, I don't even know what pilot season is. It's not like even a pilot season. And it's like we are, you know Netflix, my making episodes of six something and then it's done, or you know, you do these movies. If you do a movie for Netflix, is is that considered a TV movie? A movie? You know what I mean, it's all.
Speaker 2: Just so right, they chop it up and it's a series.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So are literally where people see human art because we'll be around doing things. You know, it's like I want to do stuff, but I want to do stuff that's seeing, you know what I mean. And it's like so many different outlets. Now you got to get something that's seen. You know what I'm saying. That the pipelines are all fractured, right, and so the cons are like away because you're gonna you don't see your favorite people and everything. I may do a movie and people may love it. It may be on TB, you know what I'm saying, or which is great, but it's not gonna get the eyeballs it was when I was going to go into two a thousand screens. So the cons are like beanning more popular. So when you started, it became already popular, like it wasn't like that. It's become this incredible new world and people see this's Tory right here, and it's like we're living pieces of art. And I think that's why they're so popular because more and more, more and more people can do them. Actors want to work the money man, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So I think it's when mm hmm, Wait are you saying him a piece of art?
Speaker 1: Wait, you're a piece of art, You're a living I call myself a living throwback Thursday.
Speaker 2: Jamie Kennedy, you're a national treasure.
Speaker 1: Well it takes one and now to thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no problem. But yeah, And the fact they're reuniting, it's not just like people are there doing like one offs. It's like the reuniting casts of all nostalgic.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean because that was a time where we are.
Speaker 1: I know, you're going to be there with with and and you can do scream because we go out as a group in a lot of places, so it'd be nice that you're there. You can join the screen stuff, I know.
Speaker 2: But I'll feel the same way like I'm a cameo creeping in on on.
Speaker 1: You're nothing wrong with being a preepy cameo.
Speaker 2: This is true. Wait, I want to talk about your show. The episode I did of the Jamie Kennedy experiment that was so wild. I don't think i've seen sets the likes of that since our episode was on the beach. It was like a dating game esque thing that people thought they were doing.
Speaker 1: Yes, we shot that in Florida, not this episode. No, it wasn't. You were we should do you shoot that in Malibu?
Speaker 2: In Malibu?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we shod We shot at Malibu.
Speaker 2: I apologize Florida in Malibu, I remember because and it was dating.
Speaker 1: It was like you were did someone get to win a date with you?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes, So what happened.
Speaker 2: I don't remember, but it was this elaborate, huge, massive set and it was I mean, oh my gosh, it was like what would you consider it hidden camera show mixed with like variety show. I don't know. It was every It was such a good show.
Speaker 1: Oh thank you. It was really to me as a psychological test. But people, I want to put it, it was a prank show that we really worked and pushed the pranks to see how how far people would, you know, what would they react to it? So we would really we would devise really elaborate thing. So that's why we made like a We would do these fake shows and people would think they're real shows. You were there, so it helps sell it, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you were doing immersive before anyone was doing it. See you've always been ahead of the time.
Speaker 1: How do the curve immersive? Yeah, I mean like going deep thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean working with people that storylines, even though you had storylines, could go different ways, depend depending on their psychological behavior and their response.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, it's it's good to be first sometimes, but sometimes it's also good to be like third. You know. I feel like I come in early and I kind of started, and then people perfected it after me.
Speaker 2: I'm happy, and then we never get credit for it.
Speaker 1: I know, I'm like my friends, you know, friends just gone? I which was Facebook? You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: We would you say friendsters, friends.
Speaker 1: Stir it's friends to my space dead Facebook.
Speaker 2: I was in my spacer I know my friends doesn't get the credit it deserves. No, it doesn't. And whoever created that is like what about me?
Speaker 1: Right? I think he's sitting somewhere on an island. It was Tom. It was everybody's friend.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, you're right. Speaking of filming the Jamie Kennedy Experiment, I was all dressed up. I think I had on like a crop top and a skirt that barely covered my butt. And we were filming all day and then ironically I had to leave. Once we wrapped, I went straight to see my brother in rehab, and I just remember walking in and we're doing like a family meeting while he was there, and my dad being like, what are you wearing? I was like, Dad, I was, I was filming. He was like, no, that skirt. Oh my gosh?
Speaker 1: Was his dad short?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And you didn't change?
Speaker 2: No? No, I had to go Yeah. Why didn't I change? I don't know, because I did that stuff in my teens, like putting on like multiple outfits and changing them in the car so your parents wouldn't see how you were dressed. I mean that's a girl thing, not a boy thing. But yeah, I think I was entering my two folks given era. Oh a long time.
Speaker 1: Is that still going on? That era?
Speaker 2: Yeah? It really is. But I'm the most guilty person. So it's really I fight myself all the time.
Speaker 1: You're the most what guilty?
Speaker 2: Like, I always feel guilty. I'm a people pleaser.
Speaker 1: I know you're such a kind soul, so you you it's hard to be believe that you don't give a fuck.
Speaker 2: I know I give so many fucks.
Speaker 1: You do give a lot of You give a lot of buck.
Speaker 2: I want to be the girl that doesn't give you.
Speaker 1: Want to say, well you really do give fucks. But you it's tough. I know it's a tough I'm the same way. I'm getting an empathetic vibe with you. You could be an EmPATH. I wish they could diagnose empaths, because I believe I do have.
Speaker 2: I think I'm totally an EmPATH.
Speaker 1: I can feel you, You're like right because it's like I haven't talked to you forever about like we're right here, we're right here. By bumping you, a trainer does hyri hi jami, you know what I mean. So it does energies that are there. And I think that it's draining a lot because you can't please everybody, and people are or soul.
Speaker 2: And you take on everybody's energy, which, as public figures, is not just like a small circle. It's everybody that recognizes that you take on their energy.
Speaker 1: I want to talk about this. This is so good because the cons are amazing. Let's start there. The money is incredible. The emotions I go through are wonderful because you see so many people. I mean, you know, I see your cast meets. You know, I see Brian a couple of times, and then you see people that you know have different connections with and it's beautiful the energy exchange when you're doing them. At the end of the day, I am a pancake. I'm also questioning every exchange because it's like because you'll literally and for people to see this, it's like it's a beautiful thing. It's a wonderful job and there's not one complain Well literally, someone will be with a knife come up to me and not say anything, and another person will be crying, another person will be ecstatic, another person will be you know, a drunk wine mom. I mean, you get all types and you just boom next. Our store is always open so that each customer is different and it's just a wild experience. So I love the cons but what we're talking about our energy is and empathetic list. I get drained.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like you take on multiple personalities because you're like are you okay, and you're like, oh great, yes. But it is great for the fans.
Speaker 1: Also seeing everybody else and it's like you have the fans, it's such a cavalcade of energy, like if you were to plug it in, you could like power a whole city for a year because you've got the volunteers who are excited to be there, but they're professional. You get the fans who are super excited to be there, and they're just excited. And you've got this us that are excited to be there, but also like, you know, we gotta work, we gotta be Then you've got like going into the green room. Sometimes I'm like, I'm just like when I go to the green room and relax, I'm like, it ain't relaxing because I'm gonna see ten people I know, you know what I mean, and I'm late. I can't.
Speaker 2: That's worse for me. Oh the worst seeing other celebrities that want to catch up, and it's like, I'd rather spend the time out there with the fans. So you know what I do When they say, do you want to take a brink of the green room, I say no, no thanks, and I just go and I sit down with like my diet doctor Pepper under my booth. That's my green room.
Speaker 1: I love that it's hard, Like like I used to have a matt when it wasn't that busy under the table and I would lay on a yoga mat and it wasn't busy. But here's the deal that in Japan, I heard that they have a little box, so behind your booth, you like sit behind in a little box and close it for five minutes. And I'm like, we're all basically psychics on Venice Beach. That's hard set up, right, We're all just like okay, I'll see you now. Hello. Let me tell you wait.
Speaker 2: Worse than Japan they have that.
Speaker 1: No, Japan got like a healthy like this is what I heard pull back.
Speaker 2: Have you been to Japan?
Speaker 1: Yeah, never for a con, but yeah I've been, but.
Speaker 2: I've never been. It's like my bucket. God, I want to go so bad.
Speaker 1: You know what would be awesome? In Japan? They have these hotels where you can, i think rent by the hour and their little pods and you can pay like ten bucks an hour or thirty bucks an hour whatever something crazy, and you like a pod. There's pod things are everywhere and you can just like chill out in a pod. And I thought, that's what the con means. I mean, the nineties con is going to be. It's so big. It's like you said, it's like a roll four seasons of Rolls Royce, like.
Speaker 2: Like that Messus is in the green room. Again. I've never experienced it because I don't want to take time off and I'm like, I just.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's incredible. But even like little cons I went to, Like I went to this new little con in Evansville last weekend, and I mean I was great Evansville. It's in Indiana, right on the edge of like Indiana and in Kentucky. Thing, but like they're all learning from like the bigger ones, and it's like they really do take care of us. I mean, there's not one complaint in the world. You can't ever And it's what I'm telling you. I did this like for the first time, like twelve years ago, and it was a different thing. And now it's like I understand you because see everyone. You're seeing so many people there. It's wild because they know the money is so great.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. Yeah, Okay, Andrew doing your comedy tour so in Hartford as well.
Speaker 1: Uh, probably won't I do that sometimes.
Speaker 2: Because you're going to be so exhausted.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like if you do it all day, then you can. I mean I could do it at night, but it's like I sometimes we go late. I don't want to leave early, you know what I mean, because it's like really good. Yeah, but in the day before or day after, but I don't think that time.
Speaker 2: So where can they can? Can the listeners see you next? Well?
Speaker 1: I do my pod. It's about to hate to break you to you. Yeah, if you ever are interested? Hello, helloh too?
Speaker 2: Are you asking me Jamie Kennedy to be in your show?
Speaker 1: I'm asking you leave with me. I do that. I do.
Speaker 2: That's the best proposition I've gotten in a long time.
Speaker 1: Uh, go Jim k Off my tour.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: You know, I got a couple of projects waiting to see where they're going to land. You know, say that, but also I do Jeff Lewis a lot and you do it, and you got to do it again more.
Speaker 2: I know I haven't done it in a while.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got to do it. I'm going to do it tomorrow.
Speaker 2: So I love doing his show. I know a danger factor. I talk about immersive experiences.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm going to do it tomorrow, and I'm gonna say you should have to back.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. Yeah. He and I just talked recently and he's like, the listeners want you back. I'm like, I'm ready, like, but you just got it. And he protects me because he and I have been friends for years, so he would never do anything detrimental. But you have to know going into it. It's like how Howard Stern used to be. You gotta just roll with it.
Speaker 1: You gotta roll. But you're you're good like that, you roll.
Speaker 2: I am good like that.
Speaker 1: I feel like I was doing it during the pandemic and I would do it and you would do it after me, and we'd go to his house.
Speaker 2: And I really liked that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love that. I love doing it.
Speaker 2: I loved being at his house rather than the radio station. But I mean, yeah, it's just easier. I appreciate people that do podcast though and radio in person and not via zoom.
Speaker 1: You're not in La.
Speaker 2: I'm in LA. I'm in a corner of my bedroom, but.
Speaker 1: You are in La. Are You're not? You didn't move anywhere now or alps? In La? Oh?
Speaker 2: That sounds sexy? Where else should I say? I live like I'm by Crystal?
Speaker 1: I want to say that you moved to like some state for a little while, didn't I hear this.
Speaker 2: In some state? Which one I want?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Let's create this right now. Okay, So Tory smelling it splits her time.
Speaker 1: I don't want to mean there's no way you. But didn't you live in Nashville for a second?
Speaker 2: Jason Priestley lives in Nashville.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe.
Speaker 2: Lives in Nashville. Mm hmmm, wrong nineties, bitch.
Speaker 1: It's okay, wrong nineties.
Speaker 2: I'd love for a living trust.
Speaker 1: Me, I'm always I'm always going to live in La.
Speaker 2: My gosh. Maybe we could have sushi one day.
Speaker 1: Let's do that.
Speaker 2: That'd be fun. And I won't take your energy, I promise.
Speaker 1: No. You're a giver, but you don't want take your energy either, because that's a big thing in twenty twenty five. For me, I'm like, I can't.
Speaker 2: How do you stop it? How do you stop taking on energy?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: I don't understand how to.
Speaker 1: You can't overload your plate. You know, there's a lot, there's just so much. I'm condensing my life, trying to make it simpler, and you can't because you'll just be all day. You won't have any energy for it. But it is. It's it's kind of you know, you know about people that will take your energy. You gotta avoid them, but you gotta or put them in a certain box where you can only give them x amount.
Speaker 2: Of time, like put them in a pod a Japanese pod.
Speaker 1: And this Okay, you got to get rid of all those pods you got in there.
Speaker 2: Have you cleaned out your pods?
Speaker 1: I'm trying to all the little pockets, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Ooh an energy pod cleanse Wait, there's got to be some business there. Big on. I'd come up with a million ideas, never execute any but I have a million ideas. But you're a creator like that ahead of the time. So I wonder if there's something energetically.
Speaker 1: There is, you know, I was just thinking about to I like pump springs. Pump springs, I know, I love pump springs. But it's again not too far an hour and a half. But like, I feel like there's it's going to get really popular out there. I feel like there's a way it is. But I'm always going to live here, but I have to have a little.
Speaker 2: Oh, we were going to go back and give me a peda tear somewhere? Where would that be?
Speaker 1: What's a peda tear? You're so facata your friend Peeda care.
Speaker 2: I couldn't I couldn't even say it right.
Speaker 1: So it wasn't like for a little house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what does it mean? It means when you have like basically a little second space somewhere.
Speaker 1: Are you doing there?
Speaker 2: You you're a studio garage somewhere. I don't know, that's fancy.
Speaker 1: Do your where you're at, which I love where you're at. I do find people from our era definitely gone.
Speaker 2: Leaving and droves and know when you talk to them, like you'll do it this night, these ninety cons, they will tell you how much better their existence and lifestyle is, and it just crushes your soul that you're like, I didn't get out.
Speaker 1: Wait, you mean they're not even going to where you're at. They're going far, they're leaving the state.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm talking about like, yeah, it's like actors that are like, oh I moved to Nashville, I moved to Texas, moved to Montana, you know, like and then when you all meet back at these cons, they're like, oh, it's so and they just have a different energy and you do get the sense like, wow, their lives better. And then you do beat yourself up a little bit. You're like, but you now everyone's onto it and you can't leave now because now it's too expensive. But they got out before, right before the search.
Speaker 1: But you are. No, it's not expensive to go, it's you can get a deal in another spot. It's not expensive. It's here. But you are to me, a gold plated member of California, you know what I mean. So I could never see you leaving. You know what I mean. You've lived here your whole life, You're born here, You're a fixture of the state. So I don't think you should ever leave.
Speaker 2: Oh why gold plate? It like, am I not worth?
Speaker 1: Like just pure gold? Yeah, you're our pure gold. There's gold in your veins. But also you're just your name rings belts. You know what I'm saying. You are a fixture. It's like there's Pink's hot Dogs, there's the Lakers, and there's Tory spelling. You know what I'm saying. I don't even know what to order. That is right. I just put you there. Universal. My mom told me five things to do when you moved to LA She said, Universal, Disneyland something, oh God, Hollywood Boulevard, Pink's hot Dogs, and avoid the casting couch, which is you know, but now we're gonna have six Tory spelling. That funny.
Speaker 2: I've never had a loss for words. Well, I have to send you that there's a gift of me is a gift gif? You just call it. There's a gift of me from a TV show I did eating a hot dog and it's just like, ah, so yeah, you eat it in public? Not anymore, you can't eat out. I can't do anything in public anymore, I know.
Speaker 1: Torri. Also, cameras, I feel like cameras are more everywhere than everywhere, more than any time in our history. I feel like every day I walk in on like my favorite coffee shop and there's a new camera, you know what I mean, Or like I just on a gas stations new camera and it's like, I'm like, wow, it's just wild.
Speaker 2: I yes, And I think in my brain when I go to get gas, because they catch me so much, and I think I'm pretty good at trying to spot them. You know, we're conditioned over the years. You used to like if you'ld hear like shutters or something, or someone has a phone up, I don't know. You were just always on guard. Yeah, and now they're slick, Like I didn't see a car following me. I didn't, you know, But then all of a sudden there's pictures and we at the gas station. It's like, so, now I like wear glasses all the time. I walk into like the gas station like this, and people are probably like, what a freak.
Speaker 1: Wow, No, I get it, you can't. Yeah. My body had a great statement. He said, we have to go out all day and then convince people like we end up taking on people's bullshit and then somehow we have to convince that no, we're not the asshole. And I feel like he's like, it's like, I never want to go out.
Speaker 2: I think that was because no one likes a happy ending. No, I like a happy ending. You probably like a happy ending.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think people like happy ending, but.
Speaker 2: That's not what sells No, it's unfortunately drama.
Speaker 1: Drama rules today, right.
Speaker 2: So, and I feel like, so, I was saying recently that anything I put on my Instagram is just fodder for people to say negative stuff and attack me. And I was saying, I feel like, how come comedians can post stuff and people are like, ah, they're making a joke. But if, like I put something on recently about it was a joke my kid giving me a massage in that I was giving him allowance for that, and it sounded like a solid plan. People were like, I got so slammed in the press and just parents horrified. I'm like, you, guys, it was a joke. But if a female comedian had put it about their kid, it would have been like, Oh, it's okay, she's being funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think that people the nuance is hard to read online about what is a joke and what is it? So it's like you have to people have to know. But I mean, people know you're fun So I don't know why they took that the wrong way.
Speaker 2: Just like when I took my kids an RV trip and they said I was homeless.
Speaker 1: Ah, they did, Yes, I think I remember this. When was this.
Speaker 2: Two summers ago? I literally went to that like it's like Airbnb but for r v's Yeah, And I got in and we drove up Malibu like pa camping grounds and stuff. Papa Rozzi got pictures and it went everywhere. Poor Tory spelling, she's homeless now living out of RV.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, oh God, I do remember this? Yes? Is it was it you or were you with their husband or boyfriend?
Speaker 2: We had just separated Dan and I because we was forced. It was just me and all the kids, and I was like, and I had something to prove to myself. I was like, Okay, we've done RV Tripsy four and Den always drove and I was like, fuck it. I'm a single mom of five and I'm going to take my kids rving and I could do it. I'm not an outdoorsy girl, but I can do it.
Speaker 1: And we did it. And you went, where'd you camp? Uh?
Speaker 2: I'm like, I don't know, Uh, Malibu, Pa, something off of there. You camped there, Yeah, on the beach side on the other side, and you were kind of like near where you filmed your show.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, but they have like a park on the other side.
Speaker 1: Uh. And so you went and you camped there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And we drove like during the day. We went like Santa Barbara and we went, you know, and all the way back down and stayed there. I drove it, oh, by myself, and I was like, see, who needs a man?
Speaker 1: Those are huge?
Speaker 2: They are They're big, Like I didn't, So there's a certain size r V. I'm so schooled on RV is now actually traumatized by people saying I was homeless, but.
Speaker 1: It happened a couple of years ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, RV one, are you googling it.
Speaker 1: No, you're like, no, that was the thing. I remember hearing this, But you weren't homeless. We're just camping.
Speaker 2: I was just camping.
Speaker 1: This isn't that crazy.
Speaker 2: And it was odd because I saw so many other if they want to say, actors, celebrities posting like oh, we're going on our beach trip. We're doing and no one else says anything. Why am I? But I couldn't say anything publicly because then you know, we're schooled by publicists that it just adds fuel to the fire. I mean it's before I had my podcast. Now I just talk about it all my podcasts. I'm like, nope, that didn't happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know. That's the whole thing with the publicists are like, oh, you can't say this, you can't say that. But that's all done now. We're like, it's books.
Speaker 2: But it's hard to like retrain. I mean that's been ingrained in us since we were young youngsters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, but I've lost that. It's like, but now I go, I mean, look, I put something share thing the other night and then he's like, I'm always homeless because I guess because this is my little go tea. I mean even if I clean and keep my go tee, if I had to like cut my hair or or not I'm homeless. I'm always holmost that's what they think. Or I'm on drugs. But why Like why because I will go on my Instagram and I will talk about like because I've been flying lately and the flights have been great. While I was a little paranoid because of all the stuff, right, there's been a lot of reports, So I was like documenting it in my stories of like, Okay, this is my first leg and the second leg, but I've flown like six times and it's been really good, you know. But I was a little tripping and I fly all the time. But you know, so I put it on there and I get off a plane, I put it in my story and then they're like, oh God, get off pills. And I'm like, you know, because you got to. I don't have to be clean cut all the time.
Speaker 2: So or your this, you know, you nailed it because you're an overshare, which I am too, And it's like people love that they have that about you. But then at the end, it like bites you in the ass because you know it's it's not like they're slamming like Nicole Kinman or someone. Sorry, I just brought her up because she's in everything right now that I turn on my TV and c But you know, they don't get like that personal interaction with like cookie Cutter. People publish this, I guess, and then there's us somewhere to fuck it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean there's a lot there's still people that won't share, but it's getting less and less.
Speaker 2: I mean there's like they're learning that it's kind of the way to go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a curated image, and that's always gonna be a way, but even people curated images, there's still people know behind the scenes. So but yeah, it's it's less and less. I mean, think about it. I think about rock huts and here's this leading man forever who is gay and no one ever knew. So it's like that's what we were raised on, completely hiding your life, and it's completely different.
Speaker 2: So if I see you in Trader Joe's, I won't think you're homeless, and I won't think you're on pills. I'll just go and give you a hug. Can't give you my.
Speaker 1: Energy, well, I want you to save energy. But if you did have a pill and wouldn't be if we both took it.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, copy that copy that. There's a time and place for everything. What do you like to get at Trader Joe's. Sorry, I'm fascinated with food, and.
Speaker 1: You know what's so funny is what I like to get. I've been reading all stuff that I love Trader Jones, but I feel like they say that Trader Joe's is like getting food from other places and then what they're putting Trader Joe's on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but what's soon with that?
Speaker 1: Oh? I mean I'm boring eat the same stuff, but I like the good It's got the good cheese, They've got the good I.
Speaker 2: Do you have good cheese? Do you like tackle cheese?
Speaker 1: They have a good good Greek yogurt. I kind of thought.
Speaker 2: And for I have five kids and we didn't even get to talk about the ear from a family of six, which blows my mind. I never knew that. Yeah, but uh, they do have good like stuff that you preheat. Yeah, like they're frozen stuff and you don't feel like you're it's still healthy, and it's just it's almost like Trader Joe's is like do you know who Sandra Lea is like of the cooking world, like everything like like it's a high and low, like some is pre made and some's homemade. So you feel like you're doing that with Trader Joe's and not being a bad parent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like you're not just giving them a Brita to reheat.
Speaker 2: I love I love burritos. Do you like taco Bell?
Speaker 1: You know it's just not food.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I feel like we were totally vibing until you just said that.
Speaker 1: I'm sure it's not fil here's the deal, and I'm going to shout them out and I think they're many, but it's just the o G one of the spots in sunset this time, so I went. I was dying to eat the other night, I was so starving at off Clean, and I go to Pink Chase right across from the shattap and I love Pink Chase and Chase, Pink Chase, Tacos, pink chean Chase.
Speaker 2: First, I thought you said pink cheeks, which the place that waxes, Yeah, pusses and buttoles. Okay, sorry, that's.
Speaker 1: A whole thing. Though some girls will go there and they only did their front and behind. It's a whole New World, they gotta do that whole thing.
Speaker 2: Wait, are you telling me some girls don't think about that.
Speaker 1: Back in the early two thousands, I remember girls where they'd get to town and that was a badge of honor to go to pink cheeks.
Speaker 2: But something Oh you do remember pink cheeks all cool?
Speaker 1: I think it's there, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: And that was like the elite waxers Anastasia eyebrows. It was whoever this woman is at pink cheeks.
Speaker 1: But before the Brazilian was a Brazilian like, girls wouldn't do the back and there was girls that needed to get a low you know, they had little Paul bungy in action, if you know what I'm saying, Because you don't think that, you don't think the female could have hair on that part of her body. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Listen, once I had kids, I had kids, No, no, no, I'm always clean, but down there. But once I had kids, I stopped getting my eyebrows done, facials, going to get waxed. But back in the day, we would do this pink cheeks and it was so embarrassing because they're just like straightforward, like it's all business to them and you have your legs up in the air and it's like going to the gynecologist, but you know, the wax is ripping things off and they're touching places and then they're just like, get on all fours with your ass in the air. They don't say us, get on all fours in the air. And I'm just like, this is mortifying.
Speaker 1: Wow, that really is. They put you up in the stirrups no.
Speaker 2: Not literal stirrups.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: But I guess I'm just really flexible. I don't know what most girls do.
Speaker 1: This took a turn. I know.
Speaker 2: I'm so excited. Oh sorry, go go back to my taco. I mean you're breathed. What Get back to that story real quick.
Speaker 1: Thanks, No, But I was so I loved to Chase because the food is so good and it's so real. It's authentic food, like you know, and I love Taco Bell the taste, but I just find myself not being full and then I get very you know, there's a there's a gassiness. I love it.
Speaker 2: I understand.
Speaker 1: I love Taco Bell. I just not they didn't they do a study and say like seventy percent of it's not meat.
Speaker 2: Well, seventy five percent of me is supposed to be water, but I don't drink it, so you know what, I don't believe anything anymore.
Speaker 1: Fillers and stuff like I can put in.
Speaker 2: My face get a bogo to for one in La So you want some filler.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of people that are seventy five percent of fillers.
Speaker 2: So yes, I know, No, that's not me. I was raised on taco bell, really, which is surprising the family I came from. But I remember the first time I ever went to an authentic Mexican place and there was real meat. I was like, where's the ground beef? And I was so confused.
Speaker 1: I love taco Bell, but I just don't fill me up. But go ahead. It's great for like two am. But hold on, but there's so many the taco trucks on Tori.
Speaker 2: Come on, where do you find them? How do you find a talbot?
Speaker 1: Where on the streets where they're not in cal they're not where you're at.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean like the people on the corner. They're just like carving meat right off the bone in front of you.
Speaker 1: Yes, is that safe?
Speaker 2: Though you're worried about taco bell.
Speaker 1: It's real. Even if it's real pige and it's real.
Speaker 2: It's not allegedly manufactured.
Speaker 1: Wait, when you grew up, you had a cook, correct? And you who got you hooked on Taco Bell?
Speaker 2: On the weekends, my nanny, I was allowed to go and get like McDonald's or like as a treat. And it would go back and forth between McDonald's and Taco Bell, so every weekend.
Speaker 1: Funny I was eating from a private chef would be a treat.
Speaker 2: But you know what, growing up, I don't think I really had a private chef like my parents did. But my nanny made all of our food.
Speaker 1: But you didn't. They didn't take you didn't get some of their food.
Speaker 2: No, is this becoming a Cinderella story now? Class shoot don't fit? You must have quit?
Speaker 1: No, no, but that's what I'm saying, Like you're a staple, that house stable. That's why you can never ever leave La because your your Pink's hot dogs and it's spellings.
Speaker 2: Oh and oh I love Carney's.
Speaker 1: I love Carnies. No, I have to go back. I haven't been there for a while. But again, that's food. Do you go so you don't go to that part of Sunset?
Speaker 2: Not anymore? I mean I grew up going there. That was like, that was my local pink dot. But like pink Dot, by the way, it's thriving.
Speaker 1: Yes there, it's openly were they I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's just once Postmates and everything came like do anyone really need that?
Speaker 1: Well, you can orders food from there and post me.
Speaker 2: Oh I remember how good their subs are.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, it's so good. Oh my gosh, I gotta have you on my pod. We can go down the rabbit hole.
Speaker 2: But I go deep, you go deep in like what area? Wow, that came out wrong. Hold on that. Yeah, only if it's waxed. Wait what uh wait? You go deep?
Speaker 1: What? I hate the word conspiracy theory. I think that's the first word. But I bet you, I bet you're pretty open.
Speaker 2: Minded, very open minded.
Speaker 1: Oh, very, very very Oh for sure. Okay, we'll explore. You. Gotta do Jeff show because I do his show and he always puts me with like a female. It's usually me and Mercedes are me and Leah Black or me and Shanna Molchler. You would be perfect.
Speaker 2: I would so tell him tomorrow that the next time you're on, it has to be you and me. Yeah, I'll text.
Speaker 1: Him, text me Jeamie was on the radio.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's busy till Okay, Well, thank you for doing this.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I would kind of just be honest with you. Yeah, earlier, for I'm such a night person. I bet you're but I love that it was ten forty five.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, anything for you, Jamie Kennedy. We could have adjusted it.
Speaker 1: No, they were like, it's this is a schedule. It was a big to do ten forty five. We had to stick to it.
Speaker 2: Sorry, but no, I'm learning schedule schedules are good for me. I am a night out but we're great. Oh my god. I come alive at night. That's where I'm most creative, and my brain's just like one. But then I have small kids, so I got to get them to school in the morning, so I don't sleep much.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, I can't imagine. You're so good.
Speaker 2: Okay, So when we do your podcast, we'll do in the evening then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm using at two o'clock or after guy.
Speaker 2: Okay, that says a lot about you. Yeah, and we can't get our happy endings, dream and Kennedy.
Speaker 1: We can. We can get our happy endings. It'll be wonderful.
Speaker 2: Thank you, my friend, and I'll see you March twenty eighth in hart.
Speaker 1: Find miss you and Hartford.
Speaker 2: But we're going to do this to each other because we have like a relationship starting beyond that. We're not going to like do that whole like oh my god. We're just going to do that like yep, I'll slip one hug in there, but other than that, we're just gonna be like one pod yourself, just pod yourself.
Speaker 1: Boom, God, stay right. Thank you. I appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Thank you, backe
Speaker 1: H