Speaker 1: Welcome. It is Vernic was center, Ted Cruz, Ben Ferguson with you as well, and Senator. It was a very big day Thursday, as we got part one of the Epstein files that were released the public by a lot of conservatives that were at the White House. And then Pam Bondi came out afterwards and dropped a bomb that was pretty much, Hey, I may be the Attorney General in cash, but tell maybe the FBI director, but there are people in New York that are hiding documents from us that deal with Jeffrey Epstein.
Speaker 2: Well that's exactly right. And let me start by saying thank you to Pam Bondy for honoring the promises she made. I have been calling on the Department of Justice to release the full Jeffrey Epstein files, and she is working to do that. And so she released the first tranch of information today. That was good, although a lot of the observers who saw the information were underwhelmed by what was in it. She released it to a group group of conservative influencers online and gave them a binder with the information and there were no no big smoking guns and what came out initially. We we do know that the the The new Jeffrey Epstein contact list included Alec Baldwin, Michael Jackson, and Mick Jagger. But it was for people who want to know who were Jeffrey Epstein's clients, who was who was complicit and and and who is guilty as he was of sexually abusing teenage girls. There was relatively little information in the files that were released, But then there was a bombshell because Pambondy accused the New York FBI office of with holding significant parts of the Epstein files. That that's a big, big deal, and she did so in a formal letter that she sent to Cash Pattel. So she sent a letter on February twenty seventh. I'm going to read you the entire letter because this letter's a big deal. February twenty seventh, twenty twenty five. Dear Director Patel, before you came into office, I requested the full and complete files related to Jeffrey Epstein. In response to this request, I received approximately two hundred pages of documents, which consisted primarily of flight logs, Epstein's list of contacts, and a list of victims' names and phone numbers. I repeatedly questioned whether this was the full set of documents responsive to my request, and was repeatedly assured by the FBI that we had received the full set of documents. Late yesterday, I learned from a source that the FBI Field office in New York was in possession of thousands of pages of documents related to the invent instigation and indictment of Epstein. Despite my repeated requests the FBI never disclose the existence of these files. When you and I spoke yesterday, you were just as surprised as I was to learn this new information. By eight am Tomorrow, February twenty eighth, the FBI will deliver the full and complete Epstein files to my office, including all records, documents, audio and video recordings, and materials related to Jeffrey Epstein and his clients. Regardless of how such information was obtained. There will be no withholdings or limitations to my or your access. The Department of Justice will ensure that any public disclosure of these files will be done in a manner to protect the privacy of victims and in accordance with law, as I have done my entire career as a prosecutor. Also directing you to conduct an immediate investigation into why my order to the FBI was not followed. You will deliver to me a comprehensive report of your findings and proposed personnel action within fourteen days. I appreciate your immediate attention to this important matter. I know that we are both committed to transparency for the American people, and I look forward to continuing to work with you to serve our President and our country. Sincerely, Pamela Bondi, Attorney General.
Speaker 1: This letter was incredible, and I actually talked to someone that you and I both know, Chad Prather. He was invited as one of the fifteen. He's a fellow Texan that went to the White House, and as soon as he left, we actually talked on the phone and he said, Ben, he said, none of us that were invited up here knew we were going to get the Epstein files. Number one. We were actually brought up to the White House to talk about communitys and we were going to meet with the Vice President. We didn't know we're going to be meeting with the people in the cabinet. We didn't know we were going to be meeting with the president. We certainly didn't know we were going to be given these Epstein files, and he said there was two parts of this that the big mainstream media clearly didn't understand. Or they were angry that we got the files before they did, and so they wanted to say that today was a nothing burger. He said. When they gave them to us, they said, look, there's really nothing new in here that you're going to find. This is why we're calling it Part one. And then they said what we want you to know is exactly the letter that you just read, which was we don't have the majority of the intel that we've been demanding because there are bad actors in the deep state who were refusing to give it to us. In fact, what they said was even more shocking was Pambondi did an interview with Waters last night on Fox and she was talking about the quote two hundred pages that she had there in essence of whistle blower that saw the interview and said, I need to tell you right now that you're missing a lot of pages and they're not giving them to you from New York FBI. And that's how fast this all came about. So you're thinking about when you're the attorney of the United States of America. You're going on TV and only because you gave a page number which was about ten percent of apparently what is actually out there based on what the whistle bober said. This is insane that this is our government right now and there's that many people fighting against the will of the people who elected the president, who had put Pambondi and Cashpit telling to these positions.
Speaker 2: Well, and from the letter, there may be audio and video recordings. There may be some issue that some of the materials were seized illegally. I mean, there's a suggestion there that regardless of how it was accessed, I want it. But look, I got to say, listen, I worked in the Department of Justice twenty five years ago. I have been been working in and around law enforcement for virtually my entire adult life. I have never seen something like this happened. So understand, the FBI reports to the Department of Justice, Cash Patel, his boss is Pambondi. The FBI is in the ORG chart reporting to the Department of Justice. So when the Attorney General orders the FBI, I want to see these files. In every instance, I'm aware of the FBI complies they're supposed to be law enforcement. If the Attorney General says I want to see something, you give it to the Attorney general and look, presumably we will find out. And we'll find out I guess within two weeks when Cash Pateel prepares his report saying here's what happened. But it is astonishing if you have rogue agents in the New York office of the FBI who are just defying the Attorney General. That is a level of open warfare that I've never seen, and it really does indicate the need to clean house in a major way.
Speaker 1: There was also another aspect of this, and again this is coming from Chad and he was meeting right with the president and the vice president and these other cabinet members pam Bondi, Cashpateel, and he said they were also the letter has been basically just completely misconstrued as if there's some sort of disagreement or wedge between Pambondi and cash Ptel. But when you understand the backstory, he said, their lockstep. She's giving this letter out to give him the power to then go get the answers from the demands. And yet the media was reporting this tonight all over the place like oh, there's a big rift between the Attorney General and the FBI director. That is also not the case at all. Another lie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think that's very clear from the letter where it says when you and I spoke yesterday, you were just as surprised as I was to learn this new information. And so Cash Betel has just been confirmed. As you know. I went to Cash Betel's swearing in at the White House last week. He's brand new on the job. He has a mandate to restore integrity to the FBI. And I guess the whistleblower, whoever the source was, contacted the Attorney General directly, and she's the one, the Attorney General who told Cashpateel about this documents. I am sure he is pissed off at what the New York Field Office apparently did, and I fully expect he will get to the bottom of it, and I expect they're going to make the results of that public. I think we're all going to know exactly who's responsible.
Speaker 1: And why let me ask about accountability here, because you would understand this the law more than I certainly do, and that is, if you've been directed by the FBI director or the Attorney General to turnover documents, and you work in the government, you deliberately hide those documents and do not turn them over. Are you committing a crime or is it basically worst case scenario, you'll lose your job and they fire you for insupportination.
Speaker 2: Likely the latter. There's not anything it would There's not an immediate crime that comes to mind. It's just defying your boss. I suppose you could try to characterize it as obstruction of justice. But but I think that the simplest explanation, the simplest remedy would be termination. And I expect any FBI agent that that deliberately disobeyed a direct order from the Attorney General, I expect anyone involved in that to be terminated.
Speaker 1: It's an incredible story, and I think one of the things that we should make clear is there's clearly significant information. We've been told that Pambondi has said that there is video, there is audio, there's a lot of recordings.
Speaker 2: Will be clear. To be clear, we don't know that. At the least, the letter doesn't say that. It just says deliver the full and complete files, including audio and video recordings. And look, lawyers tend to be pretty broad she may not know that their audio and video recordings. She may she may there may be, or there may not be, but she hasn't definitively said that there are audio and video recordings.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're absolutely right, that's what the letter said. But what's interesting is from the people that were in the meeting, they were told that this was in essence the tip of the Iceberger that they do have audio and video recordings that apparently have been withheld from the New York office. And that's part of the reason why I think you're seeing the demand come out this way is that there must be a lot that the deep state doesn't want us to see, which goes back to my final question for you center on this. Why is it they don't want us to see this? Is this because they're trying to protect people in the political world? What would be the reason you wouldn't want to know or for everyone to see what it is they're desperately trying to hide from not only us, but literally from the Attorney General in the FBI director.
Speaker 2: So look, I don't know, I can only speculate it. It may be that they want to protect people who's whose misconduct or criminal conduct is suggested or or demonstrated in the files. I don't know that, but that certainly could be a reason. We do know that Jeffrey Epstein was very close to a number of Democrats, that he was very very close to Bill Clinton. Bizarrely enough, Jeffrey Epstein had a painting in in his his New York townhouse of Bill Clinton in a dress wearing pumps. Is really bizarre. A blue dress, right, a blue dress, yes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And a lot of people may they believe that was clearly the painting and reference to Monica Lewinsky in the blue dress. And you got to think to put that up and hang it in your in your home and have that relationship, It's like, well, you must feel pretty powerful to be to do that.
Speaker 2: So we don't know. It may be, you know, the reference to Regardless how the information was was accessed, that may mean some information was acquired illegally. That's a possibility. It may be. Look, there's there's speculation that that that Jeffrey Epstein worked with intelligence operatives, either from from the United States or other nations. I don't know that to be the case, but that there's a host of things that could be in there, and That's one of the reasons why I think the Department of Justice should have released this a long time ago, because without the information, all people are left to do is speculate.
Speaker 1: There was another shocking headline that also came out today and that deals with the assassination attempt on Donald Trump and Butler, Pennsylvania. The headline for the New York Posts is quote would be Trump assassin may have had an accomplice and data shows as in investigators say FBI suppressed info. I wouldn't believe that headline if I wouldn't have just had the conversation with you for the last ten minutes that we just had about the FBI covering up at Epstein information as well.
Speaker 2: Well. This is a stunning article. I do not know if it is true, but if there is evidence that the attempted assassin, the man who shot Donald Trump and Butler, Pennsylvania, had an accomplice or multiple accomplices, that would be a big damn deal. And you know, I got to say, it has been a long time. It has been two hundred and twenty nine days since President Trump was shot at that rally in Butler, Pennsylvania, and yet we know next to nothing about the shooter. It's almost as if it just dropped into a memory hole and disappeared. And I want to read some of this article from the New York Post because it it has some incredible information in it. It's not clear, it's not clear what's true or not. But let me read from the New York Post. Quote it's been almost nine months since a seemingly mild matter twenty year old attempted to assassinate then Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump at a rally in Butler, and we still have no good reason why, sources told the Post. The FBI has obstructed efforts to solve the mystery of why Thomas Matthew Crooks, who left no manifesto, did what he did. It's left local law enforcement, as well as Crooks's former friends, classmates, and teachers frustrated. Those who may know. Crooks's parents, Matthew and Mary, have refused all interviews and remain in their small, three bedroom home, sealed off from the world. Like Hermit's neighbors say, they only leave the house at three am to buy groceries. Quote, By the way, why do we know nothing about that guy in Butler? Elon Musk yelled out to the audience at Seapac last week before warning that FBI Director Cash Battel is going to get to the bottom of it. A veteran private investigator from Erie, Pennsylvania, who was hired shortly after the fateful July thirteenth event at Butler Farm to look into crooks by a private client, told The Post he believes a quote criminal network was operating with him at the time of the assassination attempt, is still in existence and still wants to kill President Trump. Doug Hagman, whose team of six other investigators had been working the case for months and have interviewed more than one hundred people, said they also conducted extensive geofensing analysis of cell phones and tablets not belonging to Crooks that were found with him at his home, at the rifle range where he took target practice, at the rally, and at Bethel Park High School, where he graduated in twenty twenty two. Quote. We don't think he acted alone, Hageman told the Post. Quote This took a lot of coordination. In my view, Crooks was handled by more than one individual, and he was used for this assassination attempt, and I wouldn't preclude the possibility that there were people at the rally itself helping him. Hageman said. One of the electronic devices geolocated with crooks at several different places at the time of the shooting is still pinging today at Bethel Park High School. Look, I don't know if this is true or not. I don't know any background about this private investigator, and I don't know if his allegations are are right or not. But it is frustrating that the American people. Look, I'm on the Senate Judiciary Committee. I have no information that isn't public about who this would be assassin was, what is motivation was what evidence there is of anyone else being involved? And I'll tell you when when I sat down with both Cash Betel and with Pambondi when they were preparing for their confirmation, I had an extensive conversation with both of them about the need for transparency that when you've had four years of both the Department of Justice and the FBI politicized and weaponized, the result is that people don't trust the FBI. I mean. This article in the Post repeatedly argues that the FBI is an obstructing efforts to get to the bottom of what happened. That that's infuriating if true, and it is very much my hope that we'll see Pambondi and Cash Battel make significant information about this assassination attempt public. The American people have a right to know, have a right to know if anyone else was involved with this, And I don't know if the FBI, if they didn't put a priority on it, I don't know, if they didn't investigate, I don't I guess it is possible this kid acted alone. But the absolute dearth of information is is it frustrating and infuriating.
Speaker 1: Well, and it goes back to the point that I think Pambondi made at the White House with many of these conservatives, which is we're doing everything we can now to be transparent, but there is still a very deep state rebellion and they are hell bent on not when the American people know what's going on. They're above us, they think they're more important than us. They don't believe they have to play by the rules, they don't have to be transparent, and until you get that fixed, there's going to be a lot of doubting in the American from the American people in these institutions.
Speaker 2: I think that's exactly right. You know, the the article says that Hageman, this private investigator, said that he was personally escorted to the Butler County line and told to leave twice during the course of his team's investigation. The people who did so were either federal agents or some type of private security and so look, and I actually I can understand an FBI investigation that they would be frustrated with having a private investigator interviewing the same people. So that actually the fact that the FBI was telling this guy, you know, buzz off, that's not shocking to me. But I don't know what investigation the FBI conducted. I certainly don't know the results of the investigation. They haven't made anything public to the American people, and I think the FBI's attitude has been in recent years. They don't know the publican answer, You don't get to know anything if they don't want to tell you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, great point. I want to move also to another story, and this goes back to the issue of trust. Elon Musk and Doge. New poll numbers are out saying that the majority of American people actually approve of what Elon Musk is doing, and they think that Doe is having a real impact in a positive way for this country and for taxpayers and the waste, fraud and abuse. They want them to keep moving forward. What we're also seeing centered at the exact same time is I would now describe it as a clearly well organized orchestrated effort by the media and the Democrats to ramp up their smears against Trump early on, or I should say against Elon, and early on, they were trying to drive a wedge between Elon and trust Trump. You could see it in their rhetoric where it's like, well, you know, Elon, it thinks he's the president, and oh yeah.
Speaker 2: The Time magazine cover story that put Elon at the resolute desk in the Oval office was obvious at a clumsy attempt to piss Trump off and get Trump mad at Elon, And it was so transparent that that that I think it did not remotely have the effect they were trying to have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, backfired, but that was where you could tell they were The first step was, well, maybe we can drive a wedge here. That hasn't worked. So now what we're witnessing is just a full on smear campaign against Elon Musk, even on the View. And this was an interesting moment for me because it's like you're getting real close to slander and libel when you do what the View does against Elon Musk. I don't know if they care that they have to apologize pretty regularly now for things they say on the air with legal notes they keep having to make. But Joe Bahart had this to say on the View about Elon Musk, and I want to play it and then get your reaction to it.
Speaker 3: And an Elon Musk kisses his butt and strokes his his tiny ego or big ego, whatever it is, and he doesn't get to do he can take a nap while the guy was not born in this country, who was born under apartheid in South Africa, so has that mentality going on. He was pro apartheid, as I understand it, right, he's a natural. Oh really, how did he do that? Did he come over the board? Believe yeah, he allegedly overstate that vs subject. But I think this is just perfectly but wonderful for Trump. He's been taken nap and let this foreigner, foreign agent, you know, an enemy of the United States do his job.
Speaker 1: I mean, not only does she say he's an enemy, but then she says in favor of apartheid, by the way, not true. Came back on the air later in the show and tried to undo that and said, Elon, don't sue.
Speaker 2: Well, look, I mean the View they are unhinged lunatics and they don't care about truth. But they know, you know, the crazy thing is Joi Biharr believes what she says. You know, it's a It's amazing. Apparently Elon Musk is the only immigrant that Joi Bihar and the crazies on the View dislike. If you're an MS thirteen gang member, if you're a murderer or a rapist, they're perfectly fine with you. They don't have a problem with Joe Biden, the Democrats releasing millions of criminals into America, that they have no problem with. But if someone comes legally to this country, if someone builds multiple incredible companies, creates thousands and thousands of jobs, is an incredible innovator and then volunteers his time to serve as nation that merits being called a foreign agent and an enemy of the United States. It you know, at the end of the day, what the view was saying doesn't say much about Elon Musk, but it says a lot about the media and the left and how terrified they are of him. And I'll tell you tell you. Marci Captor, a Democrat congresswoman, I had very similar comments. Listen to what she said about Elon Musk. Apparently she enjoyed Baharror reading from the same talking points.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and this was in front of the United States Capital where she said it.
Speaker 4: Mister Musk has just been here twenty two years, and he's a citizen of three countries. I always ask myself the question, with the damage he's doing here, when push comes to shove, which country is he loyalty to? South Africa, Canada or the United States? And he's only been a citizen, I'll say again, twenty two years.
Speaker 1: By the way, I thought it was Democrats for the last four years that were obsessed with the legal immigrants coming into this country and saying, who is anyone else to say that they aren't Americans and we don't even call them illegal as you must call them immigrants, and they're just like you and I. But all of a sudden, a guy by the name of Elon Musk is actually getting things done, and now they're just going to slander him and say which countries are really little too, like he's some sort of secret agent or bad actor for another nation.
Speaker 2: Well, look, I spent a good chunk of the morning with Elon over at the White House and he met with a number of senators talking about what he's doing on DOGE, and it was a very interesting meeting. And it's stunning some of the things that they're finding. They're finding. For example, they're going into agencies and finding agencies that have more electronic subscriptions than they have employees. Wow, And in many instances thousands and thousands more like like thirty thousand licenses for different electronic applications, thirty thousand licenses and fifteen thousand employees that order of magnitude. And so they're going in and canceling the ones that aren't used. They also went and checked and they said hundreds and hundreds of them had never been open, had never even been installed. So even of the employees, not everyone is using them. They've never logged in, and so they can go and check, all right, and so anyone who's not using it they're canceling those those are the sorts of things they're finding. Uh, they're really just astonishing.
Speaker 1: Well, when you met with him today, does it seem that he's even shocked by what he's finding.
Speaker 2: You know, there are things like he talked today about ghost payments, about the Treasury has computers that that that transfer funds that make federal payments and and he says that that that there are ghost payments that are going out that a program officer puts in for for for a payment to to a contractor to to to somebody, and then the program officer retires, dies, leaves is gone, and the payments just keep on going and and you know it, he said, it's stunning. The Treasury. Uh, the the Treasury computers have have a field where where where you categorize, okay, what is this payment for and and what in the congressional appropriation is it going for? And he said, routinely that field is left blank. He said, usaid, they always left it but blank, he said, So there's no way, he said, in many ways, it's incredibly difficult, if not impossible, to audit the billions of dollars that are going out the door because they don't keep the records, and it was interesting Elon's comments. He said, if any public company did this, he said, they would be massively fined and the executives would be put in jail.
Speaker 1: But hey, federal government just a normal way of doing business. I think the best part is the polls are showing that the media propaganda against Musk so far has not been working against the president. The majority of the American people love what Doge is doing, and as long as he's got the people behind him, it's going to be really interesting to see how this works out, and we're going to keep covering it here. Don't forget we do this show Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Hit that subscriber auto download button and we will see you back here for the wee In review on Saturday as well for some of the stories you may have missed this week. And make sure you download the show every time you see it. Download it and check your little boxes to make sure you have that auto download button on. Some of the algorithms change on a regular basis, so make sure you check that and we'll see it back here Saturday.