Speaker 1: Misspelling with Tory Spelling and iHeartRadio Podcast. Okay, you guys, we are back for week two of miss Stepping. It is me and my pod boy bestie Easton Allen.
Speaker 2: Hello, it's great to be back in the ballroom for more misstepping and I hope that I'm not a one hit wonder this week.
Speaker 1: You can never be ever well.
Speaker 2: Thank you. This is a good episode. I had a lot of fun watching this one.
Speaker 1: I am not kidding. I found myself screaming out loud during this episode. It's very dramatic, mind you all. Shawnatova, it is happy New Year. I was in the process of making wait for it, a five hour brisket for my family. Wow, well, I want good news. This the brisket. Oh, she was cooking. She was cooking for many hours. So I had two hours to be like focused on this show and it did not disappoint.
Speaker 2: It's so good. And by the way, if you're just joining us this we're talking about Dancing with the Stars, we are sorry. Season thirty four.
Speaker 1: Thirty four, episode two. It was the double elimination the first time. Okay, this brought this was triggering? Is that okay to say?
Speaker 2: Yes? I was thinking about that during this episode. I'm like, is this okay for Tori to be reliving this moment?
Speaker 1: And the answer, my friend is no, no, No, it was not. It was not okay, it was you know what. I was like, Oh, double elimination. Oh yeah, I remember this, and yeah, this is the episode last season, season thirty three where double Elimination. I went home, Anna Delby went home, Pasha went home, Ezra went home. Oh okay, good just talking about it with you, this is like therapy a year later. I just released a lot of.
Speaker 2: Pent up emotions, a lot of trauma, letting one, letting go of this is good.
Speaker 1: This is gross trauma. Here we go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, double Elimination. I mean this is I knew we were going to have some heartbreak going into this episode, but this is when the competition gets fierce. This is what it's all about. This is when people show what they've got on the dance floor. And Carrie Anne is back. She was out the first week. It's great to see her back.
Speaker 1: Boy did I miss her? Gosh, her energy. First of all, she's just an amazing human. All three of the judges are, and it was just so nice to see them.
Speaker 2: Gap Yes, the whole team back together again. It was really fun.
Speaker 1: Okay, one hit wonders. I don't know, how did you feel about this choice of a night?
Speaker 2: I I thought it was funny because, like I, I don't, I know, one hit wonder isn't like too insulting of a term. But I was like, well kind of, I mean yeah, some some artists embrace it, but I like, I was thinking, like, how much of a bummer would it be if you were like? Oh, I thought I was like an established artist and now I'm part of this one hit wonder thing.
Speaker 1: And uh, someone, well they probably knew before Dancing with Stars last.
Speaker 2: Night, I know, but I like to I like to think they found out from Dancing with the Stars. Can fantasy? Uh like like I'm watching it and uh, one of one of them danced to uh love Me by the Cranberries or the card again sorry, and uh was up.
Speaker 1: Of the ton because I thought the same thing. So as soon as it came up the song by I was like the Cranberries, They're not a one hit wonder.
Speaker 2: I thought that too, Okay, So that was Lauren HEREGGI dance to love Fool by the Cardigans, and I was told my wife. I'm like, they're not a one hit wonder. She's like, name me one another Cardigan song. I'm like, okay, well, I guess I.
Speaker 1: Can't do that, right Yeah? Yeah, No, I was singing cranberries. Okay, let's go in order.
Speaker 2: Yes. Uh so we start with great introduction from from the other dancers. They were wearing these like beal Juice kind of looking striped suits. That was kind of fun. But we start with Alex Earl and Val Schmerkovsky. So many kicks there. I love a lot of kicks. And alex Earl got injured from the first week. She In that little intro package, they talk about how she she lost a toenail, so that was a that was kind of funny.
Speaker 1: She'll she'll never be on Feet Finder now.
Speaker 2: No, her score plummets after that after that.
Speaker 1: Yes, so, so I hope this influencer thing works out for her. Yes, I think she's fine. So they danced to Mambo number five by Lou Baker.
Speaker 2: Yes, and some cool splits and a slide from from Val. Really high energy in this. I liked this first one. I thought this was great and I think alex is I didn't know what to expect from her in the first episode, and I think she is a force to be reckoned with.
Speaker 1: A I agree, I agree. So I wasn't sure if I was sold. And this is continuous throughout the show. So they had two judges, you know, give their critiques, criticism applauds, and one judge each song give one word in honor of one hit. Wonder you know what. It became a little clear shade throughout it, and I was like, I just want to hear what you really think about not one word?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you could tell. Derek Huff was like so over it. Halfway through, Like at one point he just says content was the word. And at one point he claps that his word is clapping.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, we'll get to that, but I thought his word was on point with content. It was blue that threw me off. I was like, I was like, well, yeah, the whole thing blew. Okay, okay, anyway, we'll get to that. But so I have a question for you what your theory is. And I honestly don't know the answer to this. I am wondering what order they put everyone in. Is it like they put all the names in a hat and they pull it out and they're like, you're going first, you're going fourteenth. I don't know, or is it strategic.
Speaker 2: I was going to ask you that question today actually, and I was hoping you knew, Like boots on the ground, I thought you you would saw that hat the names.
Speaker 1: At No, No, I'm trying. I remember that even Pasha didn't know, like so the pros don't know. Wow. But I remember him thinking like, Okay, I think we might be like in the middle, I think we might. So yeah, even they don't know and they're not told. But I here's the thing. They watch all the rehearsals twenty four to seven, Like there's a control room. So when you were doing your rehearsals, there's a camera on you, and there is a control room right down the hallway at the studio where you practice at the dance studio, and there's screens everywhere, and they are watching multiple pros and stars dance at the same time, and they are watching cameras, they're changing camera angles, they're telling the cameraman to move, and so at the end of the day, they have literally fifty gazillion hours of practice behind the scenes, which I always said to them, like I'm like this is this is the good stuff, because you have silliness, you have breakdowns, you have breakthroughs. I mean, there's so much fun content there that they have it. Anyway, they might as well make another show. Seriously, but anyway, I want to think they're not going to start a show because they want people to tune in. They're not going to start a show with performance they know is like mm that one they've been struggling. It could hit, it could land or not land. So I got to think that it's strategic. But I don't know anyway.
Speaker 2: I know you have some theories about mister Irwin, but I was wondering if they knew he was going like that was just going to absolutely kill and that's why he was last in the last week's episode.
Speaker 1: I'm going to go out on a ballroom limb here and say, yeah, I think so. I think they bookend it with performances that they know are going to crush.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean that's the right way to do it if you're putting a show together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that'd be smart. So yeah, I thought Alex did great. They said that her routine was super difficult. Now I remember thinking when because you don't know who your partner is until you walk in and you're like, oh my god, that's my partner. Each season, I think the pros are giving a heads up, but I don't know. I don't know this, but when you walk in that door, you're like, oh my gosh. And I was like, walked in that door, I'm like, it's Pasha. But I remember thinking like, oh, I hope I get val because he seems so like charming and cool and fun and sexy. And I just remember someone being like, I don't want to get foul because he is hard on his on his stars. He always does difficult choreography and you have to it's like boom boom boom. He's not at least Pasha like works with you and he's kind, not the Vowl's not kind, but he expects a lot from his stars. And she didn't disappoint.
Speaker 2: No, she's keeping up with him. God, she has such long legs that stuck out to me in this dance.
Speaker 1: It is like her legs are her weapons.
Speaker 2: It's wild.
Speaker 1: Do you think everyone has a weapon?
Speaker 2: Yes? I do.
Speaker 1: So what do you think Pasha said my weapon was?
Speaker 2: I think he said your weapon was your drive? And you're You're like, I'm talking of physical physical weapon. Oh my goodness, well is.
Speaker 1: It my Donna Martin here? Do you today? Props to the like Donna Martin here today? I would say, so, uh, okay, I'll just go. He said it was my hands.
Speaker 2: Your hands interesting?
Speaker 1: My hands now right now, I have no nails on, but I typically wear badass long nails. I have really good like movements with my hands. So he's like, those elongated hands are it? And my flexibility? But yeah, that's just a party trick. Okay, it's her legs. Yeah, okay, Oh let's oh, let's go through and what each each star. Let's say what we think is their physical weapon? And there what's the other word? Mental weapon? Emotional? Weapone ethereal weapon?
Speaker 2: Fine, yes, Alex definitely a great competitor. Moved on to our one of our I hurt family members here, daniel of Fischal and Pasha Pasha cough. We love Pasha, We love Danielle. They used the rhythm of the night love that song so good. Danielle injured her hamstring last week and she showed this like and then she got a massage and like burstle of blood vessels. Just this massive bruise up and down her thigh. Felt so bad for her. Uh it was. It was crazy, but she still she still danced pretty well. She she kind of flubbed this like slide between Pasha's legs at the end.
Speaker 1: Okay, So, so we're in the iHeart family and Danielle has her podcast on my Heart. So I was I was going into this with trepidation, wondering what you would say and not say because we are biased because it's our family, right. But I'm glad you said it and I didn't. There was a little slub, which I loved her recovery and smile, her effervescence. Is that right to say is intoxicating. Yes, for someone who says and I know this she is not a performer of sorts now, she's an actress, but she has never done this type of performance ever.
Speaker 2: She is like, wow, yeah, it's it's remarkable. And they were the judges were really excited that they that she had taken their advice and she was very receptive to their criticisms, and I think that's something that's going to help her in the long run.
Speaker 1: She said, I'm a sponge, I'm here to learn good She's like a politician too, like she she's saying all the right things and it's it's organic though. So they did they did the Cha cha Rhythm of the Night by Corona. You know what I thought it was? At first? I saw Rhythm of the Night to the bead of the rhythm Love the Night till which I was pumped because that's my jam.
Speaker 2: I love that song so much. And I was like, oh, I don't know this rhythm of the name.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had no idea this song. But yeah, so so here's an interesting fact. And not to bring this back to me, but I did live in the ballroom, so I can bring personal reference. So during rehearsals, I uh, before the first dance, I pulled my rotator cuff. We were doing a swing and I my shoulder just went went out and I was like, oh my god. So I was wearing you know, I was wearing a bandage. They had a doctor of physical therapist come and worked on it, and Pasha said, and it's okay to quote him on this, he said, you know what, don't don't talk. They're going to try to get you to talk about this in your package because it's what's happening in real life, you know, And he said, steer away from that. And I said, but why, it's what's happening, and what if I don't perform as well because my shoulder is out? And he said, you don't want the sympathy vote. He said, you don't want the sympathy vote, especially week one, so we covered it up.
Speaker 2: Wow, uh huh interesting.
Speaker 1: And then I'm curious as to the thought process around Danielle talking about her injury. He was like, she's not going anywhere. It's okay if she gets the sympathy vote or early on, she's going to stay to that. And she's like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was, Uh, that's interesting because I would think, like, I mean, I you know, when you say it's sympathy vote, it sounds so bad. But I was like, I would want the judges to know what I was enduring to give this performance. But I guess it's well, it matters is how you're dancing.
Speaker 1: You know. Okay, So let me just tell you now, if we can go back in time, I'm not traumatized at all, uh, Carrie in Derek Bruno first week in rehearsals, before the first show, I pulled my rotator cup and I remember sending a picture to my best friend. It was all taped up and I said, here's what happened, and she goes, oh, man, so I'm guessing you're out. And I was like, I guess you don't know me. Hello. Do you know how competitive I am? I'm like, no, I'm going I'm going on. So anyway, anyway, Danielle was amazing. I want to say, I think she's so good and she's such a performer that I felt like I could have seen a little more Pizaz from the choreography.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is that fair? Yeah? I agree? Uh yeah.
Speaker 1: I was wondering how much to Pasha, Like he's incredible, but I was like, I feel like, you know, here's val coming out with like the most difficult dance. Like I was like, you know, don't just slip her through like show off, because this woman is good.
Speaker 2: She's really good. And I wonder how much of that was, like was influenced by the injury, Like I wonder if he toned it down.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, and just so you guys know, at least at least for us, and I don't know about other partners and pairs, but the the dance changes as you rehearse because your pro comes in and they've choreographed a dance, and then they start to see maybe I had this move and she's not great at it, so let me replace it with something else. So it does evolve almost up to the end. It's changing a bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, every single dance I watch. I just I watched the celebrity, and I like, I watch their face because I think about, like, you know, we all put ourselves in that position, like how would we react, And I'm like, I would just be so stressed about remembering what to do. And like sometimes I can see them counting a little bit, and I wonder, like that was a question I have, can you? I think? So I see their lips move, and I know they're singing along with the song or they're counting, but like, uh, how would you remember some of the moves? Is it just muscle memory or like.
Speaker 1: Nope, Okay, So every brain thinks differently, and some people just naturally remember things. So my brain is I don't remember moves so well. Like I I can remember dates. I can remember what I was wearing at a party thirty years ago because I'm visual, so I can go back and remember it and see it, but you're moving so fast that I can't be replaying the rehearsal in my head. You don't have time. And also I went through black mold poisoning, which when I told I told Pasha, I didn't even tell him until I think our second dance because he would be like, I don't get it, like you did so great, and then we start the next morning and you remember nothing, And I said, and he goes, or he goes, I will give you the most simplistic move and you can't do it. I'll give you this difficult move and you nail it. Or I will tell you to go left and you go right. And I said, well, with the mold poisoning, neurologically, our brain's my family and I and hopefully it goes away one day. But it wasn't that long ago. It was just two years ago. So it's like my brain swaps or I'm not fine hiring as quick in that department. So he would he finally had to do we had to put a he would be like eagle and it meant like my eagle move. It was like and he would be like the fox, and we would put like things to me, like you know, he wouldn't be like this dance move step two do you know? Beat beat beat. He would give me things that would be like in my brain, oh, I can remember. So it's not all animals, but it was different things like that, and that got us through. So sometimes you could see the pro talking. At least in my case, Pasha would be like eagle and I'd be like got it. But yeah, I feel like a lot of the times they are singing to their song now. I remember hearing somewhere word in the ballroom last year that that's looked down upon by the judges when they are singing to their song. But this season, I feel like almost everyone's singing to their song, don't saying anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I remember them they want you to smile, and you know they want they don't want you to singing along. I've heard that in previous seasons. But Danielle looked great. She powered through. Now we have Andy Richter. I mean I think everybody his partner's emislater. I think everybody went into this. I apologize. I think Adie Richard is so funny. I'm such a big fan, but I mean he's an older guys. He's not the thinnest guy on the dance floor. I think a lot of people are like, oh, he's going home. He's not gonna be able to do this. I loved his intro package. I thought it was so I really liked that he didn't just go for a bunch of jokes and be silly. He was very sincere and that I found very touching. I really enjoyed watching him.
Speaker 1: I'm getting chills as you're saying this because I thought the same as you and I worked with Andy. I mean, obviously I would always see him on Conan and O'Brien when I would be on the show, but then I worked in Scary Movie two with him, and he is just a lovely as lovely can be. But I was like, oh, yeah, it's the same thing. You know what in that first week when they made a joke about him being the dark horse, I think he might be Listen, is he gonna win this competition? We could probably say no, but who knows. He is developing so many fans that are rooting him on that I don't know he could go further than we think.
Speaker 2: It's true. Like I we're going into the episode last night, I'm like, Okay, I mean, I'm just based on characters. Going home is what Andy and Andy and Corey Feldmer going home? That that's what I was expecting. No, he did great, Oh really quick. They have these cool raincoats in their dance. They did It's rainom men, and they have like a like a news chiron of like the weather. And I was wondering what, like some of the dances have crazy props and like sets and stuff like that, and some of them just have the screen, and I wonder how that is decided, Like how much of a budget do you get for that kind of thing? When you're like putting the dance.
Speaker 1: Together, well, the whole design is present it to you. So it's kind of like, uh, while you're rehearsing the dance for the week before, so week one, at some point they do a zoom with you and your partner and you talk about the song for week two, and they kind of do a whole slide mood board presentation for you, okay, and me being me, I of course became besties with them, and I was like, I had a lot of ideas. I probably not took equal amount of time, but took equal amount of time to weigh in on everything from the sets, the color palette, the costume, the hair, the makeup. In fact, I should share this at some point. So for my first dance and my second dance, because I only got two, I did a full on Pinterest mood board that I sent to the team and they actually liked it. It's not like they're there to be like, Okay, whatever you want, whatever you want. No, no, no, no no. This is a big production, and I would I think most people just go, oh, cool, that's cool. They might like weigh in on their outfit or something, but I think they mostly whatever is given to them, they're like, great, that's awesome. Not me. I was like, that's great, but I have this vision. Can we combine it? Can we do gold instead of silver? Here here's the colors. And I'm still friends with them because I think they were like, wow, she knows what she's talking about. But yeah, it's raining men. The theoscasters like wow, smart.
Speaker 2: It's so fun. That does not surprise me in the slightest story, just because working even just work on this podcast, I mean, you never come in without an idea for something, and that is something I really appreciate because there's so many people that just kind of you know, hey, whatever, man, but no, you know what you want to do or you have all these ideas and it's really exciting. It's very inspiring to be around.
Speaker 1: So would you say I'm a true producer?
Speaker 2: I would. I absolutely would. Yeah, it was. It was fun seeing the costumes and everything. The dance was a little low energy, but you know, I think we're kind of expecting that. But it was very fun to watch his moves.
Speaker 1: It was it was great to watch and it was really fun. And yeah, I thought I thought it kind of slowed in the middle a little bit where it's raining. I don't know, this is silly, but at one point I wanted him to do like a Dylan e Fron and just rip off his shirt like it raining men, you know, and do a little like shake shake shake, like Whitney Levitt does through the whole show. But we'll get to that. But yeah, he could have pulled his pants off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that would be fun. I like Derek saying, like, Andy, you capture the essence of why this show exists, Like why we do the show is for this God.
Speaker 1: I'm such a sap, like I had no emotions in real life and then and like things like this. I just got choked up hearing that and got chills, which I did at the time, because let's keep in mind, when this show started, that's what it was about. Yes, you know, let's go back to the old we're gonna date ourselves here while you're youngest. You probably didn't remember it, but there was a show called Circus of the Stars on ABC, I believe, and this was in the eighties and nineties, and you're like, yes, CBS, my apology and it you know, it was a similar format. It was kind of one of, you know, one of the first to do something like that. But people weren't great. It was just fun to see them in a different element. And so that's when this show started. It was it was just entertainers out there, kind of like ballroom We can't ballroom dance, but we can. We're going to perform for you and see where we land. So Derek saying, capture the essence of why this show was created was dead on, and I wish sometimes it would get back to that a little bit more. I agree.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I think about like like The Bachelor, for example, like the the original show was like people going on this show to meet this guy and hopefully fall in love. And now it's kind of become a right, Let's go on the show and get a bunch of Instagram followers, then become an influencer when we're done. And I think Dancing with the Stars a little bit is like I have a I'm kind of a ringer. I have a dance back, like I'm either a professional, like you know, something similar to dance, or I have a lot of training. I want to get a mirror ball. Let's let's do this. Yeah, I like someone like figuring out that they enjoy dancing and they enjoy moving their body and they're it's it's really fun to watch, yeah.
Speaker 1: And out and taking every single star out of their comfort zone because it's not something that is natural to them.
Speaker 2: Yes. Absolutely. Our next couple, Lauren Haregi from Fifth Harmony and Brandon Armstrong, they danced. We talked about this already, but they danced a love full by the Cardigans, as made famous by bos Luhrmann's Romeo and Juliet.
Speaker 1: I did not know that fact, thank you. I learned something to that's.
Speaker 2: Where I know it from the mood lighting I did. There's a motion sensor in this room I'm in.
Speaker 1: I'm not mad at it.
Speaker 2: Actually, you know, I'm gonna I'm gonna leave it like this. It's kind of I'm sexy.
Speaker 1: They did the fox trot.
Speaker 2: They did.
Speaker 1: This is the dance I did the first week. It is not an easy dance.
Speaker 2: No, that's what it looks difficult. Uh it was. It was very fun to watch something. I think it was kind of fun about her intro package is like a lot of other a lot of the stars, they try to like they want a story. You know, they want like either, oh, I had a crazy injury years ago and it's hard for me to move now, or I'm you know, I'm trying to regain some confidence or something like that. And Lauren he Reggie's story seems to be I had a grandmother and I would like for her to see me dance. And I thought that was kind of a I was like, oh, is that that's the story. It's very sweet, but also.
Speaker 1: I don't know so so just heads up. They have a brilliant producing yes staff there and the producers are great. So when you do your packages, they ask you a slew of questions and you know, it's not like so much you're coming in with a story. They are asking you so many questions about different things that you're like, the story starts to evolve and they're like, oh, that's your story. You're sticking to it. Yes, But I wonder if will this like carry through this story or was this for this week? But I'm gonna have to believe she'll be there. It's usually week five, It might be different this season. It was week five last season. Dedication dance, Oh gotcha?
Speaker 2: Yeah, very sweet.
Speaker 1: But you know what I loved even more though, is when she and I wanted her to talk more about this. It was the little girl in her that was coming out and this dance was kind of reminiscent and of every little girl that wants to be a princess told they can be a princess, and then life just comes in crushes your dreams. So I wanted her and she does make note of it at the end that she you know, she found her princess and she was able to But I wanted her to talk more about that little girl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, she's she's really fun. It was a fun dance to watch.
Speaker 1: Let's see, Uh, did you feel like you could see Brandon talking to her through this dance.
Speaker 2: I did notice that, okay, and I feel.
Speaker 1: Like I don't remember Brandon doing that last year with Chandler. Yeah, so I didn't know what was happening that he was. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm curious because, like you know, Fifth Harmony, they dance, they're not like a dance heavy group. They mostly sing. But like Laura and Hereggi is not new to choreography, like she knows how to do that kind of thing.
Speaker 1: But performing in front of be on camera, be.
Speaker 2: On stage and breathing, you know, moving your body that kind of thing. But yeah, it looked like Brandon had was doing a little bit of coaching out there. I'm so curious. I want to know what in the heat of the moment what they're saying. Is it a codeword like eagle like you were saying. I'm so curious about that kind of thing. I wish they were miked. I want them to be miked.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, well that would not make us ABC friendly because I remember at some point this could have been during you know, the rehearsal or the day before, I don't know, but I remember Pasha being like, oh afterwards, like what happened all I heard you say was fuck, like under, like, what do my smile? Because you always told me smile smile and I'd be like smiling, I'd be like fuck with my teeth closed, and he'd be like what happened. I'd be like, I don't know, I don't know, and he would. So here's what Pasha always said to me. He said, keep in mind I know your dance. You know your dance. They don't know your dance. So no matter what happens, if a move goes wrong, I'm going to get you through it and get us to the next move, don't show it. Have that poker face. As long as you have a poker face and nothing goes extremely wrong, it's just one little hiccup, they'll never know. So that was always and I have big expressive eyes. Yes, So that's one thing I had to really work on, is if anything went wrong. And I don't think it ever really did, I just you know, you know, I'm not a dancer. But yeah, so you got to have that poker face.
Speaker 2: I love it. It's so interesting. Next up we have a Jordan Chiles and Ezra So said that they're so fun to watch. They danced a jive to Maniac, so such fast footwork, and Jordan had these really cool pants. I like, I couldn't believe the physicality of this dance. She did this like crazy leap over Ezra and then into a tumble, showing off those gymnast skills.
Speaker 1: Okay, I got to stop you right there. Oh wow, no, no, in a good way.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: When this happened, so I gotta say, first of all, I love Maniac. Like I you know, I'm a flash dance girl. So it's like she's a maniac and she's so. I hear that song since I was a little girl. I used to play it and dance to it. I'm like, oh, I'm in when I hear that song. But also, you know, I love Ezra. I'm friends with Ezra. And I was like, okay, I hope this goes well because I don't want to get eliminated double elimination again. Uh. And I'm watching it and I was like, okay, okay. And when they did that crazy which she did that crazy jump and then the tumble I had, I physically couldn't catch my breath. I had so many emotions. I started crying. Wow, I started crying, and I screamed in my house. Fuck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was awesome.
Speaker 1: I and the I mean the ballroom went crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: That would you call that his his comeback?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, absolutely, that was it. That was like, we are here, we are forced to be reckoned with Uh. That was awesome. It was so cool. And this was the this was the dance where Derek's one word review was content and that caught me off guard. I'm curious what why you You thought it was entirely appropriate for me?
Speaker 1: I was like that that could go like viral, like that one move that is not so you've seen like male dance pros do that move because the females are typically shorter. Yes, but as was the tall guy. Yeah, she's a small woman. So for her to jump and get over his head and then do a tumble and a crazy I was like, oh my god, so content, meaning I think that one clip is going to go everywhere online.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get it. That was when I rewound it and watched a couple more times after the show aired. It was so good, so good.
Speaker 1: How do you feel about Carrie and saying that Jordan reminds her of Tina Turner.
Speaker 2: I liked that a lot. I thought that was really appropriate. But I my favorite part that I was watching Jordan's reaction to hearing that. That made me here. She got like very emotional and it made me tea. I really liked that part.
Speaker 1: She got really excited. Yeah. I saw a lot more of her personality this week. I gotta say, last week I felt like she was a little quieter and reserved. I feel like she maybe wasn't crazy about her scores. This week, I'm like, oh, I really like this girl. I can be friends with this girl. I like her, So I'm glad she's coming out more and more, you know. I mean, she's an athlete. She's there to perform, she's not there to make friends. But it's a dancing competition. Everyone becomes family. You were so shoved together in a box aka dance studio every single day for so many hours a day. It is wild. You all become super close. So yeah, I'm a big fan, big fan of this of these two. They're going to go far.
Speaker 2: I think, Yes, very excited to see see more from them.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's get to it.
Speaker 2: Oh Man, Corey Feldman and Jenny Johnson. They danced the Baby got Back.
Speaker 1: Sir, mix A lot a lot baby got back. I mean we all know this song. We all love this song.
Speaker 2: You love this song?
Speaker 1: Uhacha, I.
Speaker 2: A lot of these movies made me comfort for it.
Speaker 1: Sorry, look are we interrupting you today? And it's just from excitement. Yes, okay, you're married. You're used to females interrupting. This is what we do. This isn't our DNA and it's no disrespect at all. They showed the behind the scenes of last week. Oh sorry, were you going to say this? And he afterwards, after he got his scores and walked off, did he cry he broke down?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I see it right.
Speaker 1: Yes, consoling him, you see, maybe and cry.
Speaker 2: I don't know he got I mean he got, he broke down. He broke down, definitely. And I think he's taking because they got low scores last week. They're at the bottom, and I think he's really taken that to heart. And uh, you can see he's trying in this, but he is.
Speaker 1: It's just I felt bad because, hey, you want confidence. If you don't have confidence, you're screwed. Yeah, welcome by world. But last week he came in like and they said or or Jenna said, do you have a look do you have a sorry, do you have any dance background? And I felt like, with a lot of confidence, he said little good because yes, hullo, but he has dance background, not ballroom dance background.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's so.
Speaker 1: Different, like, hey, up in the club in my day, I could freestyle like a mofo. But you put me in a ballroom and give me steps and it's like, I'm like, I don't know what I'm doing. It's so vastly different. I think to come into it thinking hey, yeah, I got this.
Speaker 2: He he also said something I'm trying to God, I didn't write it down, but when they were doing the like post interview with Julianne, he said something about like, hey man, I just want to you know, I'm just trying to get through this or something like that, and like it seemed a little flippant. Uh, I'm trying to remember it was.
Speaker 1: Was he the one that said about the hours or that it's like days a week and ready for it to take up as much time?
Speaker 2: I was like, yeah, man, and yes a week.
Speaker 1: As in all fairness, you know, they have all different types coming into this competition and when you sign on and you kind of always do that call at least I did. I wanted to ask questions. I don't know, maybe some people just sign on and he didn't know. You know, I asked the questions because I have five kids at home, and I was like, you know, how much time? How much? And they do they give you freedom? They say, hey, you can take up as much time training as you want, or you don't have to. But that's not necessarily true because they give you a lot of time windows. You get like four I feel like it's four to five hours a day. You have to take the sixth day off, so it's no seventh day off, so you can only train six days a week. But yeah, they schedule you a time each day, so you go in. I mean, I guess you could say like, hey, I don't want my training session today, but who doesn't. We're here for a reason. We want to do great. You want to and feel our best selves? Yeah yeah, so yeah, okay, well I do.
Speaker 2: I loved Bruno's summation of we have entered the realm of the bizarre that made that made me laugh. I enjoyed that. I didn't like Corey's crotch grab near the end of the dance that made me uncomfortable but you know, maybe got back gotta be a little cheeky.
Speaker 1: I guess. So, Wait, you were fine with Dylan Efron's crotch grab last week but not Corey Fillman's this week?
Speaker 2: Yes, and I and I'm right there with you, Okay. I don't want this to be like an agism thing. An older man can definitely grab his crotch if he wants to. I think it was just the way it was executed with Jenna, like on the ground.
Speaker 1: I don't know, and Jenna hyped it up before, like we're definitely what did she say, getting a lot of internet like play no oh yes during the package? Yeah, and I was like really what but I don't know. Yeah, I mean that's a Michael Jackson move, right, so that's why he does it. But what was the billy idol comment? Aside from the fact that he has platinum blonde spiky hair.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think was that it was just because he has the same hair as mister idyl.
Speaker 1: I mean, how many people have spiky blonde, leech blond hair. Okay, well, yeah, Jenna Johnson, props to her. I love Jenna. She worked her no pun intended back off, baby got back. She worked her booty off this one because she she was going for it. And this again, I mean, this is why I think it is slightly unfair, because hey, when you're watching, you're always going to be looking at the female in the flashy outfits. And it's the females that get the like lifts and spins and like, and it's really it's they say sometimes it's harder for the male pros because they're the ones that have to lead, but they don't get the flashy stuff. So when you're a female in this competition, I feel like all eyes are on you. When you're a male in this competition, the eyes are not always on you, so you can get away, I feel with a little bit more. I except when you're Corey Felben. Yeah, of course, of course.
Speaker 2: Okay, we should move on here, but really quick. Jenna in the intro package, they showed her like being like, oh man, I'm not feeling good about this, and like she did not have a lot of confidence in those in that behind the scenes video, And I always wonder, like, like I know they're cutting, they have a lot of footage, like you were saying, they just have hours and hours and hours of footage I can make anything they want, basically, but I always feel kind of bad when they're like, Okay, here's the here's the narrative. She's not feeling good about the the about their their abilities here and especially show improvement and everything. But I just I felt like that gets them started on the wrong foot.
Speaker 1: A few packages this week I heard the pro say I'm worried. Yeah, I'm like, this is new. Where's your poker face? Okay?
Speaker 2: So next Jen Affleck and Jan Rovnick. I really I have a lot to say about this. They take on me. So first of all, it's so good. It's so good. She's a Mormon wife dancing a quick step. Yes, So first of all, I'm watching this with my wife. She's dancing on a countertop and I did not know that right away. And Alison leans over and says, she's like, well, this is something she does on TikTok. She dances on their countertop in their kitchen. So if you follow on TikTok, this is like really exciting. And I was like, okay, I wouldn't have known that.
Speaker 1: I am great, great. I wish Allison had told me. I caught on. Yeah, And then afterwards saw her with her kid doing it. But at first I was like, I'm not understanding this.
Speaker 2: Is this like a medical counter? Is this a desk? What was happening here?
Speaker 1: I thought it was supposed to be a bar. Yeah, it's like a which wouldn't make sense because they're Mormon, they don't drink it.
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly, it's like a kitchen counter, I believe is what it's supposed to be understood. So, something I thought was really interesting about this one was so last week Jan like she was in the air a lot. He was throwing her, he was lifting her, and I felt like, this is his first season. I feel like he's really trying to show off what he can do. He's fresh off the Aras Tour. I think he's trying to make a name for himself. And they toned it down this week, but he got scolded by Carrie Anne at the end, and I was really interested in your take on that he did.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I was told going into my competition that Carrie Am is a stickler. She's the one that will always call you. It's very important to her about following protocol. Now there's some dances where you're allowed to do lifts. Now there's some dances where your feet your toes at least have to always remain on the ground. Interesting, So she did. I don't know, and there's different variations, so the quick step, I'm not sure, but she did she saw something come off.
Speaker 2: That she was Yeah, I was curious because she's like, you know, watched those lifts. I almost deducted a point for that, and I was like, oh, and like it was the first time I'd seen a judge like ad dress the pro directly, and it really felt like we were in school.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know. I felt bad for him, but no, they'll do that because it's technically, it's not those celebrities fault. They don't know, yeah exactly, So it's up to him to know when you can do a lift when you can't do a lift. But if this is a fair competition, shouldn't she have deducted the point?
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's saying it was a warning. She She's like, if I see you do another one of these crazy lifts next week, I'm detected a point. I couldn't figure out what the problem was. I thought it was maybe when she jumped off the counter and he caught her. It looked like he was a it kind of looked like he was almost going to drop her, but but it also was kind of just part of the fluidity to borrow a term. Uh So, I don't know. I have to watch the game tape again to figure out what was wrong with these lifts. I was so interested in that point. Your point, I.
Speaker 1: Think you would have to literally study each dance to see where lifts are allowed and where they're not.
Speaker 2: That's right. They still got high scores though for this dance, despite addressing down.
Speaker 1: And I was happy to see her do more moves on the ground because I was like, yeah, valid, you should be here. You're good. Yes, And she's so damn adorable.
Speaker 2: Sorry, yeah, she's she's so cute.
Speaker 1: And her baby was there, Oh god, so cute.
Speaker 2: So that was Jen Affleck and Jan Ravnick. I had to write down yan y A w n s I remember how to pronounce his name. But excited to watch them continue. Now we got the the all eyes on this next couple, Robert Irwin and Writney Whitney Carson, a showstopper last episode. What are they going to do this time? Another banger? I thought it was great.
Speaker 1: I thought that another bangers had a term I've never heard.
Speaker 2: That that is a term that I'm using. I thought it was great.
Speaker 1: It's like a porn term. Okay, eh, it was Yeah.
Speaker 2: I thought they did a great a great dance to It was a tango to move your feet and the perfect timing. Really I mean, I mean I think Derek pointed this out, but like the way he shifted his head was like perfectly in sync. It was really really really well done.
Speaker 1: So I was interested to see what was going to happen. And I was like holding my breath, like biting my nails to see because in her package, their package, she says, we have a mark on our backs because I'm assuming they're in the top the leaderboard, which means going into it, people are going to expect them to do just as well or even better every week. So this soon in the competition, but you know that that mark is off their back because they did not anticipate Wait, they didn't miss a.
Speaker 2: Move, yep. They Yes, this is a couple to watch, I mean, early contender for the whole thing. Yeah, I can't wait to see another dance because I'm like, what's going to trip them up? Or will they trip up? We'll just continue to rise in quality so if.
Speaker 1: You remember last week, I was like, I don't know, he's too good and so yeah, I was like, I don't know if I'm a fan. This week I'm in. It just took me two weeks of them being perfect for me to be like, Okay, you're here to stay, You're great. I'm just gonna enjoy it now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm I'm I love him, I love him as a couple. I love there to watch them dance. I mean, I really excited about them.
Speaker 1: But yeah, Bruno's comment powerful clean, clear, don't need gimmicks. I think we talked about this last week, but I like that this season, I feel like the pros are finding the celebrities little like quirks are a little fun dances they can do and corporating them. So I like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like it too.
Speaker 1: I like those fun, little like moves that they can do and you're like, that's so cute, that's you.
Speaker 2: Yes, I want to see that personality shine through in the dance.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Next up, Elaine Hendrix and Alan Burston A jive to Hey, Mickey. It was fun to see Tony Basil show up in the in the like to the rehearsals. That was a blast. How is it cool? That was very cool?
Speaker 1: Wow, Yeah, that was amazing. If I were the other celebrities, I would have looked back at that and been like, uh, wait, where where was our like singer? Our singer didn't show up at our rehearsal.
Speaker 2: How come I don't get to meet Hataway, you know, or the Cardigans? Yeah, I want all all the Cardigans in my rehearsal space. Yeah, it was. It was fun seeing Mickey and you know they had these uh these really cut DWTS cheerleader outfits. They did a great job.
Speaker 1: Is Elaine Hendrix.
Speaker 2: Elaine Hendrix is fifty four years old, fifty five in December.
Speaker 1: She is the most adorable. She defines cute and I remember cute is a very important word to me. And I remember I said to a boy once, I said you were so cute, and he's like, no, no, no, our kids are cute, our dogs are cute. That's an insult. And I was like, no, no, no, for me, cute like anyone can be physically. Oh yes, you're good looking. You are beautiful, cute in bodies, not just outer but inner, And that's what I find her to be. I so love the spirit of Elayne Hendrix and she's she's power, she's good, she's very good, and she has dance backround, yeah.
Speaker 2: Which helped her in this. You know, you played your strengths.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 2: I think that was a it was a good move to do this.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. I got to say, oh, Mickey, it's a fine, it's a fine. You blow my mind, Hey, Mickey. I did in pe physical education, I did uh one year. It was fifth grade. We had to do a dance, not a dance, but like almost like a moves, like you know, kicks, and we had to we did it and then if you if you got voted, you had to then teach the class. And this sums me up for Dancing with the Stars. I couldn't write down and remember like a whole routine even though I choreographed it. So I literally went in and just freestyled and won. And then the teacher was like, Okay, what's the next move you did because you're gonna and teach them, and I was like, I don't remember the next move. I just you know. And we didn't have phones back then, so I think I got in trouble, but I'll never forget that. But it was bomb. It was so good. AnyWho, moving on.
Speaker 2: When they started, when the Haymaky started, I was thinking in my head because that there's a very popular song with Bruno Mars right now called in Rose called at or Apt and that samples Haymky.
Speaker 1: Can you sing a bit of that? Tony Bole Sue Brute?
Speaker 2: They sampled it, so kay, Tony Basil is an official writer on that hit song, on the number one song.
Speaker 1: So she's no longer a one hit wonder. Yeah, she's doing Okay, she's got.
Speaker 2: Multi you know. I'm curious about that because I interviewed Yeah, I interviewed, right, said Fred a few months ago and there, Oh my god, they're one hit wonders. You know, I'm too sexy. But they've also that song was like it was a licensed by Taylor Swift and by Drake for songs that became hits. So I'm like, well, does that make them not one hit wonders anymore?
Speaker 1: I think when this happens in life, they need to go back and rewrite history, yes, and take away that one hit wonder. Although you might be right, maybe it makes them even more popular because it's like a one hit wonder. Yeah, Okay, next up, We're.
Speaker 2: Going to the basketball court. Baron Davis and Britz Stewart danced to Mamba to Return of the Mac. Such a good song. Got to meet Baron Davis.
Speaker 1: They dance a mamba or samba.
Speaker 2: It says here samba, but was there said mama, I said mamba. Oh my god, No, maybe you didn't. I mean maybe I probably did. It's it's early in the morning, everybody. It's ten forty five as we record this. So they danced a samba. Really yeah, let's not get confused.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 2: They dance a samba to Return the.
Speaker 1: I'm just busting your mirror balls. Okay.
Speaker 2: We got to meet Baron Davis's high school basketball coach. That was kind of fun. I'm a I'm a fan of his basketball playing. Uh this this was a this was a rough, rough one. I could tell he was you could see it in his face. He was not feeling good about this as it was happening, I know, and.
Speaker 1: It broke my heart as I'm watching it. And of all weeks, this is the week. What what's his coach name? Dudley, known coach, Dudley, coach, coach. They said his name a lot of times. That's all I know, even Julianne like thanked him when they got their scores. Uh, Darryl Roper, coach Roper, where's like a Dudley from.
Speaker 2: Uh, I can see it.
Speaker 1: Coach Daryl. They kept saying they didn't. They didn't say mister Roper or coach Roper. They said, right, yeah, that's a lot of pressure. And then oh, but yeah, you could see it in his face. And once that face goes, that's it. Like if if in the middle of it, you're losing it with your confidence so much that it's showing on the X here, which is odd for me for because I in my mind, I'm like athletes, they got this shit nailed, No, because because you think they can like that. This is like I remember last season Dwight Howard like he was just smooth sailing the whole time, even when he wasn't doing great, and because he was just like he's having fun. And I was like, Oh, it's the athlete in you. You're a performer, so you're not nervous, you're not worried about screwing up. In fact, he screwed up once and just started doing his own thing, and he got props for that because he didn't get taken out of the moment. So yeah, poor.
Speaker 2: Baron, Yeah, I feel I feel bad for him. And then Carrie Anne got booed when she when she gave her criticism and she started and then that was hard to watch too, because she's like, what did exactly did she say? But she a tough performance to watch and everyone starts booing and then.
Speaker 1: She could have phrased it better.
Speaker 2: Out of here, yes, and and she and then she started to regret it and was trying to be well, I was being too harsh and it was just it was really uncomfortable. And then she she's like okay, and then sat down and kind of immediately regretted, I think saying what she said, Well, I'm.
Speaker 1: Not sure which duo was performing, but did you hear because her mic was live that after one performance and she gave her critique, she sat back to and she goes, oh, my boom, pad did you hear this?
Speaker 2: I did not hear that.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to remember who was up.
Speaker 2: That's so funny. Yeah, yeah, poor Baron.
Speaker 1: And Bruno couldn't get his paddles right again.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he kept losing the entire show, kept losing his paddle. Would you know what?
Speaker 1: I like stuff like this because to me, it feels real. I'm in the moment, I'm there. It's not rehearsals. When things kind of go wrong in live GV and it's like the show's perfect. It's like I'm like, oh, you're real people and this is live, and when a mistake happens.
Speaker 2: It happens. Something I really liked was a Bruno couldn't find his paddle and he just kept saying his score. He was just like he was like, it's six. I can't find the six, but it's six. And Julianne was like Bruno not giving his score yet and like oh she can she not hear him? Is she waiting for the visual visual?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. And then he took Derek's at one point.
Speaker 2: Thought and then uh so yeah, poor Baron, uh not not looking good for him. But somebody keep me to point out? Was that jojo Cia sitting behind Alfonso when they would cut to us. Yes, I kept At first, I was like I can't tell, and then then I saw those this big old teeth and I and I knew it was her right away.
Speaker 1: That was her. That was her.
Speaker 2: Fun seeing Jojosa in the crowd. Uh, we have another Mormon wife. Our next couple, Whitney Levitt Mark ballas very uh fan favorites. I believe they were tied for the top with with Robert Irwin.
Speaker 1: Last time correct to play that music.
Speaker 2: Played funking music by Wild Cherry and again my my wife a huge fan. She pointed out that Whitney had been teasing this for uh for weeks. Uh No, maybe not weeks, but she's been teasing us on social media. She she posted like a couple of days ago about how she bought a Louis Vuitton back her first Leviton bag and it's covered in cherries and she also wore some shoes the cherries on it. So she was kind of teasing this song for a couple of days.
Speaker 1: Wow. So imagine spending that much money on a bag just to coincide with your second dance of a very long competition, one hit week, one hit wonder week. So I'm gonna I'm gonna go on record it's not like she bought it to coincide with her final dance in the finals. So I'm going to go on record that one day she's going to look back and be like, why did I spend all the money on that bag? Saying anyway, you know what I mean, we're co hosting a show here. I guess I'm not supposed to beet biased, but I went into this with some some favorites, and I got to say she wasn't one of them. And she's she's I'm a little obsessed with her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's great, great, did the splits at the end so cool?
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, she is just this is wild. She did a lot of throughout the show boob shake.
Speaker 2: Though, yes, yes, a lot of which that's a.
Speaker 1: Little that's a little dicey for Mormon wives mixed with our ABC slash Disney Plus audience.
Speaker 2: But but hey, yeah, she had the cool dress with all the you know, I don't know what you call it. It's not fringe, but there's a lot of tassels. I guess that fringe. It's frae that technically fringe. Okay, great, I thought that I thought that fringe had to be leather or something. But I'm glad I got that. Uh yeah, she looked so good and and she's really I mean, she has a dance background, but she's really letting to shine on the dance floor. I'm really impressed by her.
Speaker 1: So impressed. But she also she has a dance background, but she doesn't have a background performing in front of millions live right. Yeah, is TV's and she's known, and she makes reference of it like she's the villain. Yes, in the Secret Lives of Mormon Wives, which I think I said it last week, but it is literally my obsession. It's like my favorite show right now. And even though I have seen both seasons, I put it on as my comfort show to go to bed. So it's just in the background of my sleep. I don't know what's going on in my brain, but this is my world. Yeah. So they're great, They're one to watch. I feel like they're going to go all the way.
Speaker 2: Yeah. This is the one where Derek gave the big clap as his one word.
Speaker 1: Is that a reference to a TikTok thing or mom talk or something? I felt like it had to have been.
Speaker 2: I thought that too, but I you know, my wife, the expert, she couldn't figure it out either. We thought Derek was just running out of running out of sea him there. It was just like here you go. But uh, interesting, man, very interesting. Uh Hilario Baldwin and Gleb Sebchenko dancing a tango to Baby Don't Hurt Me. I had away.
Speaker 1: Ash from the Roxbury yep.
Speaker 2: Uh she almost fell during this Uh during this dance that was kind of scary, but a great, great performance. Again she also as a dance background. She knows what she's doing. Good moves here. What do you think about Laria?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I'm friends with Hilaria. I didn't love it as much as I loved last week's performance. And I still don't know why I didn't love it. I feel like maybe she wasn't having as much fun. But also she's moved her whole family out here. You know, they live in New York. She's moved the entire some kids, alec all of them to LA right now. And I know from experience, and I only have five kids. At the end of the day, you go home and there is nothing left in you. But as a mom, kids don't care. Yep, They're like mom's home, great, let's go and you still have to make dinner, and you still have to play and give snuggles and story time and do all that. So I remember last year being like nobody has five kids here. This is crazy. Hilaria, hats off to you because our Ovari's off to you because seriously, you have seven kids and you were crushing this and then going home and still being mom. So it's yeah. So I wonder if she'll sustain the longevity.
Speaker 2: Though, yes, can she keep this? She's going to get tired, really tired the high scores this week. And yeah, I wouldn't say I'm friends with Hilaria, but I did FaceTime with her a handful of times to help her set up a microphone, so I feel like we have a bond. So I feel a connection.
Speaker 1: To her in Hollywood. You're like besties.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think I still have her number in my contact so you know, if you steal my phone, you can FaceTime. Hilaria Baldwin, Dylan Efron text Yeah. Dylan Efron and Daniella Cara gosh Our next dancing a samba to the Macarena. Very exciting to see that Dylan Efron is cute as a button. I know we were talking about cute earlier. That was what I wrote down. He's as cute as a button. He's so cool. He did this move where he got down on one knee and then like pulled himself like it was like a mime, like pulled himself forward. I thought that was really fun.
Speaker 1: That was so cool. When they get down their knees, this is me. If I got down my knees, I like don't have balance, so I have to like push myself back up. So I'm always nervous when people get down there, and he like, are they going to be able to get back up? What if they don't get back up quickly? Sorry? I got to go back to the package. This is what made me love him even more. He was talking about so they did the macarena and he was like, this is the first song I ever did any choreography too, Yeah, choreography and Danielle. Danielle quickly goes, it's choreography. She's like, that's why I love you. It's And I was like, was he making a little joke like you know show girls like Forsace instead of Versaci, Like are we doing a fun thing here? And then I quickly looked and I was like, oh no, oh no, no, no, he wasn't making a joke.
Speaker 2: I know that's how he thinks.
Speaker 1: He called him an antelope.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, because of how his legs were moving. I that kind of confused me a little bit.
Speaker 1: You know what, I I love this dude, love them so much for it. There's just something because you know what, I don't know if I and I don't know him personally. You do, but I don't know if I have ever seen a man this good looking that is goofy and I feel like has no concept that he is hot as fuck. It's just adorable and no ego. I feel like he has no ego. And after last week, I did a deep dive into his Instagram and wow, it's impressive. I mean, this guy can do sports like I've never seen anything like it. He's so athletic physical, Oh my gosh. But he is so sweet and adorable. You said he was sweet he is anyway, I love this.
Speaker 2: I love him he I mean, there's nothing to dislike about doing that front. He's just he's the coolest guy in the world. I really want him to do it literally like he truly is to be his friend.
Speaker 1: And I feel like last week I was like, Oh, I wonder if his hips are going to be as fluid this week they were yep, Like he is just embodying and he was, and he made a comment Daniella does not go easy on him.
Speaker 2: Yes, and that was That was a critique last week was Danielle is a very powerful dancer, so don't let her overpower you. And it looks like he's he's more in control this time.
Speaker 1: He's taken notes. Yes, yes, yeah, they did say they wanted him. I believe they said to lead a little bit stronger. Yes, but he's getting there. It's the second show. Yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: Our final dance a Scott Hoying from Pentatonics and Riley Arnold. I love this song that they danced too. This is a song I listened to regularly, Blue Daba d by Iifel sixty five. I love this.
Speaker 1: I didn't know the song.
Speaker 2: You didn't know this song. This was massive in nineteen ninety nine. It was such a I love this song. It's a strange, a French techno song.
Speaker 1: And I'm saying now but I didn't know it.
Speaker 2: I let my wife hates this song. This was a point of contention for us last night watching this. Uh, but a lot of improvement for Scott for this a cappella singer. He did a he did a great job. I love their blue outfits. They're wearing the blue sunglasses all night, like when you see him in the skybox.
Speaker 1: There commit it.
Speaker 2: Yep, very committed to the blue bit.
Speaker 1: How tall is he? He looks very tall.
Speaker 2: He does look very tall. And Riley Arnold is is quite small. Let's see how tall he is exactly?
Speaker 1: He is six foot three three. Yeah, nailed it.
Speaker 2: Wow, a gift.
Speaker 1: Which I don't know anything about polorhm dancing, but I wonder if it is harder for a man of stature. I wonder if that kind of can can be against you if you are super tall in the ballroom. You don't see many tall tall ballroom dancers, No, you don't.
Speaker 2: And and Riley's not super she's five eight, She's not like incredibly short at but he is a very tall man. And I do think that kind of works, not works against him, but adds an extra challenge. Yes, I agree, Yeah, but yeah, big improvement. They didn't do. They didn't have insanely great scores, but you know, not terrible, right, but they're improving, which is the point of the show.
Speaker 1: You know, last week he had the Lady Gaga moment, like so we were all like, oh, yeah, there it is. You know the reference to it, like and this week, you know, they just had to rely on their dancing, and I thought he did so much better. Was it made me sad because to see him he doesn't have confidence. They said take up more space, and he made it sound like that was a personal thing that he's really struggling with and working. And I'm like, you're a musician, your people love you. And then it's like, wow, okay, what you don't know from what we see on the outside, we think everyone's confident and great. And I love that he showed a very vulnerable side that that's something he's struggling with and he'll try.
Speaker 2: Yes, I appreciate that too.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Fun fun to watch. Now we have to that's where yes, Derek said, blue is one word. Uh, it's time for the eliminations. Very sad moment. But as predicted watching not predicted before the episode. I'm saying, as we were watching this, I think.
Speaker 1: Talk about the bottom three. Yes, First of all, sorry shout out to they gave. They gave Pasha a solid pat on the back after he and I were robbed last season. They let him know he was safe first and that was really kind. He deserved that.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes.
Speaker 1: And then when I saw that Ezra and Jordan were safe, I was like, Okay, the to the guy eliminade last season, they are safe to dance another dance. So I was really happy. But in the bottom three and Andy Richter, everyone thought he'd be at least in the bottom three. He was safe and the crowd went wild. And then we have the bottom three, which.
Speaker 2: Included Hilaria, Corey, and Baron Davis.
Speaker 1: So please enlighten me why you believe Hilaria was in the bottom three.
Speaker 2: That did surprise me?
Speaker 1: Did or did it?
Speaker 2: Did it did surprise me? Because I thought she did? I thought she she danced really well. And I'm wondering how much because I know it's a judge's scores combined with the votes. Yes, the vote. I just I'm so curious how big of an impact the votes have because I'm wondering, like, does Hilaria does not have was she not getting the same votes as other people from fans.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm going to go out on a limb and I want to ask, and I don't know because I'm trying to figure this out too, because I squealed in a bad way when I saw her in the bomb room, like this is unfair. And then I was like, wait, I wonder if all of everything publicly that has happened to her husband, Alec Baldwin and he's been through in the past few years. I wonder if that has taken an impact on the viewers.
Speaker 2: Yes, I did consider that too, Like are there people that because you have this is another thing I'm so curious about. I don't know if this data exists anywhere. But you have your core, you have your audience, Like there are Tory heads that they're not even going to watch the show. They'll just vote for you, like as soon as the vodeo opens the thin you know. And then so you have your core fans that are just going to vote for you no matter what, Like you could go out there and just read the phone book, they will still vote for you. And then there's a certain amount of people I wonder that are just they're dancing with the Sarus fans and they're watching the show and they're like, I'm the fourth judge. You got to impress me. My vote is valuable. I'm going to vote for who I think is the best tonight, which is like how the show should go.
Speaker 1: I think there's less of those people. I think on some level it's a popularity contest and it's that's that's a tough one. And Hilaria, I mean, she would say it herself like she is polarizing, right. There's people that are like, love her and love the mom she is and she's dedicated and the wife she is and what she does. And then there's people that just judge her. And she has thick skin and she and I have talked about this on misspelling podcasts, but you know there's people out there judging her without even noting how brilliantly she's dancing. So yeah, I don't know that could hurt her.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And by the way, I remember the first week when I was nervous and I was texting with Iron Zeering, my co star from nine two one O, who was also on Dancing with the Stars. I believe he went to the semi finals and I said, I'm so nervous. I don't know and he said, don't worry. He said, our fans are nine O two one zero fans will get you through till you were confident and have gotten comfortable there. Well they didn't, where were they?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you can vote in each meet ten times for each duo. See, yeah, so you could vote for everyone then ten times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like I'm looking for I mean, I guess you could. I'm looking at the bottom three here, and these are just I mean, Hilaria, Corey and Baron. Those are all people that like, I don't like Baron Davis does. I'm sorry, I'm a fan. I have his jersey in my closet right now. But like, Baron Davis doesn't have a huge hive of online fans. You know, he's not. He's not like a superstar like that. And sa same with Corey Felderman and Sam with Filarias. I think that, I mean, to me, that's a lot of what happened here. They also, you know, Baron had a really bad night. Corey not great. Hilaria is the one that surprised me too, like you said, but again, thank god she's safe. She can live to fight another day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was safe, and that meant Baron Davis Corey Feldman were eliminated. Damn, you should say you should play some lottery numbers. You called that one.
Speaker 2: It's uh, it makes me sad because you don't want to see anyone go home. You want to see everybody else, you know, but but Ilsa, it's it's part of the game.
Speaker 1: I felt like they were they were both very hard.
Speaker 2: Yes, I took it very very hard.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Who did they talk to first? Was it was it Baron?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, and yeah m hmm. Baron was sad. I feel like I've been trying to remember what he said, but he kept it pc so it didn't He didn't look bitter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he kept it in a few words when his uh, during his dance, I mean we were talking about you can see it in his face. And then when he was getting when they were getting the judges' scores, I could I'm like, oh, he's pissed. He is not happy about this at all.
Speaker 1: I felt really no. I wanted to think that too. I mean I did think that too. But then we're always encouraged by our pros like never look bitter and never look upset. That will send you home. I remember Pasha saying as soon as if you talk back to a judge and what the audience could perceive as a negative or something, that can be the difference where people are like, oh we don't like that. Those are our judges. We love them. And you could look like you have an ego and that can send you home. So yes, I don't know. Maybe he contributed a little bit to that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well said to see you go. But we have another week. Next week is a TikTok night.
Speaker 1: We have got to comment on Corey film just very quickly. Yes, he was not happy.
Speaker 2: No, no, he was not.
Speaker 1: He was not happy. And I think he kept it all about smart. He's an actor, media trained. He knows that he was like, he just kept bringing it back to Jenna. He's really bummed for Jenna. She's the queen. She won last year. She deserved better. Uh, he didn't make it about himself at all. Smart move, smart move. Yes, Yes, but he is not a happy camper.
Speaker 2: No, no, not at all. But you know that this is the game, this is the answer.
Speaker 1: Do you know what, Corey? You called yourself the comeback King and goodies never say die. So I expect a lot more from you, from other things and I look forward seeing that.
Speaker 2: Yes, looking forward to more from Corey Feldman off the not the ball, but in other other parts of life, because he's a very talented man.
Speaker 1: Very talented guy well and a good actor. Yes, started this could come back king, this could be it.
Speaker 2: I had forgotten he was in Gremlins. They were talking about that episode.
Speaker 1: Friday the thirteenth. Tell me this guy is a legendlutely and you know what, it's about time that this good actor is handed back an amazing role. So you know what they always say, Dancing with the stars can do wonders for people's career unexpectedly. I'm excited to see this.
Speaker 2: Okay, next week, Sorry, yeah, next week TikTok Night. There were times in this episode where Alfonso would say, grab your second screen and pull and like watch. I think he was asking everyone to watch the tiktoks they were posting, or like, you know, the stories or whatever. And hearing second screen made me feel like it was a dystopian future. And then we have TikTok Night coming next week. But this is the nature of the of the game.
Speaker 1: I know that this should be fun. You guys to listen to us talk about TikTok Night next week, because you've tipped your hand a little bit. Allison's going to have to guide you through this one. He's going to guide me through this one. I don't watch TikTok dances, so I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't. Yeah, I'm not on TikTok really, I have an account. I don't go on it ever, So this will be These will all be new to me, all these songs. And I'm curious, like, are they going to dance to songs that are big on TikTok? Orre they going to dance like the TikTok version where it's like the spat up one or it has weird dialogue in it or something.
Speaker 1: And Charlie's Amelia is back. Next week is back. This is going to be fun. Maybe maybe you and I should do a little TikTok dance for next week.
Speaker 2: I love it. I love the idea we can do that.
Speaker 1: We'll see.
Speaker 2: Well, do you want to make a prediction? Who do you think is going to go home? Next week? Next week and next week? It's only one elimination, right one one?
Speaker 1: I Well, we don't know the dances. You know what, TikTok dances are fast, they're furious. They are their own breeds. So if you think, like if you're not geared for the ballroom and can't do a ballroom dance, that's a whole different thing. But TikTok world, my kids will try to teach me TikTok dances. Pasha tried to teach me last year to do little videos, and my brain was not having that either. So I'm gonna have to think that maybe Andy might not be able to keep up with the TikTok dance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I hate to say it, but I think.
Speaker 1: I know because I want to see him there do the whole thing. But yeah, I think it might be Andy. Yeah, and who else wouldn't be able to do TikTok dance? Hilaria? Oh no, I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean probably Hilaria, maybe Elaine Hendrix. Maybe she might have a problem with it.
Speaker 1: You might be right.
Speaker 2: Well, I can't wait to see. Can't wait till next Tuesday.
Speaker 1: I know. Let's misstep out of here.