Speaker 1: Welcome in what driving Nickbride episode four seventeen. Oh, my goodness, gracious, the light on my wonderful boost sign went out. Hold on a second cloch, there we go. My goodness. I just looked back. I gotta say, you know what, I usually point fingers, not or point thumbs, not fingers. I'm pointing fingers at that one. That's a that's a production area. You guys have got to look behind me. Got to have my back there. Welcome in Demn's. That's also on you. You can see behind me better than I can't hower you.
Speaker 2: That's what bad good to see. Pops, be good, can.
Speaker 1: Complain new shirt looking great shirt?
Speaker 2: Yep, every time mom comes to town. When she leaves, i'll have it shirt.
Speaker 1: I picked your mom up from the airport last night, and we were not yet to the people movers on you know, walking the little the escalators that are flat on the ground. I think they're called people movers. We had gone twelve feet from baggage claim before she said, I don't know what I'm gonna do. I missed that baby so much. Yeah, and then she just kept showing me videos.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they had a great time. But she also showed me a video of her dancing and rapping along with the baby, and I said to her. I said to her, I was like, Demanse's not gonna like that. She was like, I know, she, I know, it's a weird thing. I was like, I knew it. I just knew it one hundred percent. I was like, he's not gonna like that, all right, but she's back. You're in la a lot to do. My favorite NFL weekend of the year just ended, and that it's not the lead today because we did get a call it a semi classic National championship game last night. The game was an a min the storylines were in a triple plus. So we will get to all of that. Then we will get to the divisional round from the weekend, and we will get to what should not have been a difficult assignment for my colleagues in the media, but it is simply too much for them at times. I guess to follow the logical consistency of if I regularly call a certain player not only the best player in the league, but maybe the most talented player I've ever seen, and speak in those hyperbolic terms for turnover playoff games, probably shouldn't happen. But that's it. It's a bridge too far for some. So we will get to all of that, but first we have to get and by the way, this episode's always What's right in the christ presented to you by our friend at boost Mobile. We will do straight to voicemail brought to you by boost Mobile. Some awful news overnight for the Warriors and for well more so for Jimmy Butler than for the Warriors. I should start with the player rather than the team, but that's a torn acl and for Jimmy Butler, and at his age, I that might be an abrupt end to Jimmy Butler as a super impactful NBA player. It's thirty five years old. You now expect him to be out at least, you know, to this point next year. I would call it probably the All Star break next year. That's brutal for a guy who I believe is a future Hall of Famer and such a unique career. You hate to see him suffer that injury. And for the team. That's just a wrap for the Warriors. Like now, the the pipe dream of trading for Giannis doesn't even make sense, and it they I don't know what they do with the deadline. But I know that for the Warriors, who were a middling team as is, that's a rap for them. Sadly, the All Star starters have been announced in both conferences, Lebron not one of them. That's fine. If somehow Lebron is not named to the All Star team, given the precedent of Wizards Michael Jordan and final year Kobe Bryant, I will do an entire show on it. I'm telling you guys right now, heads up, it will be a basketball crime if Lebron James in year twenty three, particularly playing at the level that he is, but with the precedent of if you're a no doubt statue guy in the not just for a team, but for the league, you're gonna be invited to the All Star Game, as Jordan was with the Wizards, and as Kobe was in his final year. No matter what, if they decide for Lebron that no longer is the case, it'll be an outrage. But I don't think that's gonna happen. And Eric b Enemy going back to the Kansas City Chiefs and some other head coach hirings. Bob Sala goes to the Titans. Kevin Stefanski goes to the Falcons. You wonder if Stefanski wishes he had known the Bills job was coming open before he took that Falcons job. And Jeff Halfley goes to the Dolphins. I'm gonna go ahead and go on the record and say I don't think the Halfley thing is gonna work. I think the Stefanski thing will be fine. And I'm a little optimistic about Sala. If cam Ward is the guy that some people hope he can be, I think Sala has shown he'll give you a great defense. We've never seen him be a head coach with a good quarterback, so we'll see. Reminder to everybody like rate subscribe review to the show. It greatly helps us out National Championship game last night, Demonsey, let's get to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, last night Indiana capped off their perfect season with the National Championship. They pulled a game from Miami. How impressed were you with the heisman, Fernando Mendoza and the Hoosiers.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll get to Mendoza second, the Hoosiers first. I Am not going to spend as much time on this as maybe others because this is the rare sports topic where I just don't think there are even allowable differing opinions. It is quite simply, as a matter of fact, not as a matter of an opinion, as of opinion, one of, if not the greatest program turnarounds in the history of college sports. What Kurt Signetti is done at Indiana in two years is unprecedented in major American sports. And even after the year they had last season, this team was more than one hundred to one to win this championship, and to go through the gauntlet that they did, to go sixteen and zero, to be as buttoned up and as well coached, and as just damn near flawless at the fundamentals, it's unlike anything any of us have ever seen in our lives. The camp and this is I guess maybe some would say me showing my Midwestern roots, but the comp would be Bill Snyder at Kansas State. Bill Snyder took over what was the worst team in major college football. And just a little context there, Kansas State under it, I'll just read you the records of its previous coaches before Bill Snyder. Okayh to ten, four and twenty six, fourteen and twenty four, fourteen and thirty four, eight and sixty, thirty three and fifty two, six and twenty seven, twenty six and twenty one, and then the coach right before Bill Snyder went two and thirty. That's the team Bill Snyder took over, and by year five they were a top twenty five team. By year ten they were in contention for the national championship and they won one, two, three, four five. They had seven ten or eleven win seasons. That was the greatest turnaround in the history of college football. Prior to this, it took years to do it. They won year were maybe had a chance to play for a national title, and it was just considered unreal that they were a perennial top twenty five team. Indiana prior to Kurt Signetti won two, three, four five six, had six years in one one hundred and thirty years is a program demonse. Six out of one hundred and thirty where they were in the top twenty five. They had one year or I'm sorry, two years nineteen forty five and nineteen sixty seven when they were in the top ten. The year before he got there, the three years before two and ten, four and eight, three and nine. He gets there, they're eleven and one and in the playoff and they lose in the first round. And then there's sixteen and zero.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: Unprecedented and I can't conceptualize it being duplicated. There is there is no comp because Indiana was arguably the worst program in college football and within two years they just ran the gauntlet to a national championship, and they didn't. And people can say, oh, it's in I l it's this, they didn't. It's a lot of James Madison kids. Now a lot of them are older. I get that, and they have the number one pick of the draft at their quarterback as there, but it's still just an incomprehensible accomplishment. And then for Mendoza, he go from a two star recruit that Miami didn't want to recruit even though he was from there to the consensus number one pick of the draft. And he looks the part and he talks the part of a franchise quarterback. His toughness is unbelievable. He's six'. FIVE I the intangibles seem to be. Unquestioned the toughness seems to be. Unquestioned and we'll see if he's good enough to do the, impossible which is make The raiders. Relevant but The raiders are gonna get their. Quarterback it's gonna Be Fernando. Mendoza and we'll see what coach he, gets and we'll see if he can be joined with a coach that knows that what he's, doing and see if all of a, sudden THE Afc west becomes the best quarterback division there is. Potentially and so shout out To. Mendoza his story is, great his family's. Great that run to essentially win the national championship is an all time. Moment AND i and also shout out To, indiana WHO i did, pick WHO i thought could steal it as good As signetti. WAS i thought the decision up three with two minutes left to kick a field goal on fourth and five was. Insane you guys know my feeling on being up three rather than up. Six i'd actually probably rather go for a fourth down and miss it deep in the enemy territory with two minutes left and be up, three then kick a field, goal then kick, off give him decent field, position and be up. Six and that's exactly what he, chose the latter rather than the, former and it looked like it was gonna bite. Him but then the always POLARIZING i Guess Carson beck made the one really bad decision he made all night and they. Lose but the right team one In miami deserves a ton of. Respect they were right. There they could have stolen the whole. THING i Thought Chrysto baul did a magnificent. Job they're running back number four And Malachi tony are gonna be future awesome pros And Bain man Oh. MAN i hope bain is there at number nine for the The. CHIEFS i doubt he will, be BUT i hope he. Is unbelievable season From. Miami the most controversial inclusion in the college football playoff had the ball on the plus side of the fifty down six chance to win the title and made. Up you, know kid made the bad. Throw But indiana is the story of this college football season and one of the greatest. Stories it's, again it's not. Hyperbole one of the greatest stories in the history Of american sports is What Kurt signetti just did In. Indiana you can't compet to any pro sport, turnaround because pro sports are an even level ish playing. FIELD i don't know what to comp it, to but it. Is it would feel like if somebody all of a sudden took over THE umkc basketball team and within two years they went undefeated and won the. Championship just seems, impossible all. Right my favorite weekend of the year is The divisional round in THE nfl. Playoffs we are gonna get to that in a, moment but, first today show is brought to you by our presenting, sponsor Hard Rock Bet Florida. Sportsbook, folks these playoffs playoffs have been, crazy AND i hope you've been cashing, in because god, KNOWS i haven't. Been can't pick a game save my. Life the unexpected moments killing. Me hopefully you guys are doing great on Hard Rock. Bet two teams are gonna punch their tickets to the big game this. Weekend and when it comes to these standalone, matchups there's nothing better than same game. Parlay lock in one, game stack your picks and build your. Script maybe THE qb throws for two, fifty the running back goes for one. Hundred tight ends first one to hit paid Or Hardrock bet gives you tons a way to build your same game. Parlay turning game days into, paydays and if you, misskickoff don't. Worry Hard Rock bet is live in game, bet so you're never too late to the. Action find a winner or grab that player prop you meant to, play and live bet between snaps and just a few easy. Taps if you haven't tried your first bet on Hard Rock, bet there's still time for you to get one hundred fifty dollars in bonus bets if you. Win just places a five dollars bet and if it, hits you get not only your winnings but also an extra one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus. Bets just because your favorite team may be out of, it that doesn't mean you have to sit on the sidelines this. Postseason between same game, parlays live, betting can't mis welcome offer a new promos dropping every. Day Hard Rock bet has you covered all postseason. Along that's Hard Rock. Bet download the hard Rock bet app and make your first deposit, today payable in bonus, bets not a cash offer offered by The Seminal tribe Of florida In, florida offered By seminal Hard Rock DIGITAL. Llc in all other, states must be twenty one plus and physically present In, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan New, Jersey, Ohio, tennessee Or virginia to. Play terms and conditions. Apply concerned about gambling In, florida call one eight three to three play wise In. Indiana if you or someone you know is a gambling problem and wants, help call one eight hundred and nine with. It gambling, Problem call one eight hundred Gambler, Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Michigan New, Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee. Virginia Demonse divisional round. Weekend we're gonna start with the first game of the. Weekend Bill's. Broncos let's get to it big.
Speaker 2: Stuff so The broncos ended The bills season On, saturday Got sean McDermott, fired so they obviously lost this. Game Josh allen had four. Turnovers do you think that the team built around him kind of Failed Josh? Allen or do you think That Josh allen failed The bills with his?
Speaker 1: Turnovers Defending LEAGUE mvp had four turnovers in a playoff, game including one of the most cartoonish fumbles in the history of the. League that, Happened, okay BEFORE i even get in that that. Is you don't have to be a die hard sports fan to. Understand, oh that's probably that's probably why they. Lost, yeah BEFORE i get to that piece of, it let me say this on the front, end, Sincerely AND i Know broncos fans aren't gonna want to hear this from, me and they might Say i'm full of. Shit. WHATEVER i can't remember a more gutting postseason injury than the one The broncos suffered to have won the game be celebrating that you're going to the conference championship game at, home have Beaten Josh allen and have watched Both nicks play one of in my, opinion best games of his, life and two separate times come through for you in just huge spots before the half to put The bills on, tilt which it's ten to ten with thirty seconds left And Josh allen in the first, Half Josh allen has zero, turnovers The bills are feeling. Fine Bow knicks hits that deep bomb to the front corner of the end zone to put The bills on their back, foot and then late in the game down four drives them, down puts them ahead with a minute. Left like whatever Skepticism i've had about your, quarterback he was nails On saturday. Afternoon however ANNOYING i have Found Sean payton to. Be he called a hell of a, game and you're, Celebrating you're feeling, great you really think you can win the Super, bowl and then you find out on a somewhat nothing play that no one even noticed your quarterback breaks his, an broke his, ankle and kneeds. Surgery it's just a stomach punch of all stomach, punches AND i do a Legitimate, Again broncos, Fans you're allowed to hate, Me it's. FINE i legitimately feel sick for, you, guys AND i don't it. Obviously it's in the same bucket As Haliburton game seven and the one you kind of because he had been dealing with an injury that kind of specter. Loomed this was just so out of. NOWHERE i don't even know. Now on the bright, side it shouldn't impact your next season at, all but this is who knows what next season's gonna, Be So BRONCO'S i feel sick for, you, sincerely and you guys have proven me wrong all, year AND i just and. Bow If bo's gonna have a come back down To earth, moment it ain't gonna be this season because he ended last season or he ended that he ended this. Season pardon. Me with probably the best game of his, career all things, considered and in my favorite football weekend of the year With Drake may And Matt stafford And Josh allen and. C. J stroud And Sam, darnold all those guys Playing Bo nicks played the best. Game it just is what it. Is AND i wonder why that version of COMMENTARY i just did about Bone knicks so many folks have trouble doing in the other. Direction it's one thing to say this, guy this team THAT i have always been down, on OR i have always, doubted he with his play proved me. Wrong it does feel like people are have an easier time doing that leap than the opposite, one which is this, guy this, team this player THAT i have elevated beyond any realistic place that is. Justifiable his play proved me. Wrong and instead of being able to do that After Josh allen's four turnover playoff, game folks are just going out making a fools of. Themselves SO i understand The bills would not have been there Without Josh. Allen no, shit that is That if the standard is standard for criticism is if a guy is the biggest reason a team got to a, point then criticizing his play it at that point is. Unfair THEN i guess we can never criticize ANY nba superstar for a playoff performance, ever because every SINGLE nba superstar is the reason their team gets to the. Postseason and so THEN i guess if You james harden, it you're just an, asshole if you're like he cost his, team because the thirty FIVE iq, responses, well would they have been there without? Him, no they wouldn't. Have SO i guess it's all it's all reputational free. Roles it just Doesn't and here this is it is not demon's it's not complicated the analysis Of bill's broncos it's really.
Speaker 2: Not, Oh Josh, Allen Josh, allen go, ahead he pooped the.
Speaker 1: Bed, yeah he.
Speaker 2: Definitely he messed up pretty. BADLY i mean it's, uh it's four. Turnovers that's that's a. LOT i was surprised When germany got, fired to be, HONEST i MEAN i know that is go. Ahead, NO i just know that this is their, year and you, know if they lost to The broncos or if they just lost in this playoff, front it was gonna look. Bad but in that instance where it was four, TURNOVERS i just felt like they might have let it ride a little.
Speaker 1: Bit but, YEAH i thought so. Too, Maybe and we'll get to the McDermott. Piece but, Guys i'm listening AND i DMed bill about, This Bill. Barnwell i'm listening To barnwell this. Morning who you guys, KNOW i have as much respect for his football opinions as anyone in the. World And i'm stunned because he's talking about how he thought McDermott screwed up by not really impressing Upon Josh allen when they got the ball back with twenty seconds left that he can't do something. Dumb And bill, said AND i, quote you have to be aware you have a lunaticket quarterback and it the agency removal from the soon to be thirty year old defending LEAGUE, mvp, like, well we can't try to go get points here at the end of the half because the guy might run for no. Reason by the, way the scramble, was even if he hadn't been. Sacked the scramble was a dumb. Play i'm, sorry even if he hadn't, fumbled because they had no, timeouts like you weren't Gonna it was just a dead play the moment you don't throw the, ball but that guy might just hold the ball like a loaf of bread and lose the. Football you just gotta know. That. Okay That so there's four, turnovers. Right the first one is right before the end of the. Half it's the worst fumble of THE nfl. Season the second one is right after the. Half it's a blind side hit. Him you'd like him to hold onto the, ball but a lot of quarterbacks have problems holding onto the ball this. Weekend you want to give him a slight pass on, that so be. It the third one is right after Bo nicks makes his only. Mistake you go for a kill shot you don't need, to in a decent down and distance on the fringe of field goal, range and you throw a bad. Pass the fourth one is the allegedly controversial. Interception more on that in a. Minute and in between the third and the, fourth you had two. Passes one was, easy one was. Hard that would have won the. Game you Had Khalil shakir on a wide receiver screen THAT i know he would have scored a touchdown on because he did score a touchdown on. It but then we saw you one hopped it to, him and then what would have been a tough pass To Dawson knox in the waning seconds that you. Missed now is? Art is that asking a lot of the? Quarterback not? Really but is it certainly holding him to a highest. Standard but the reason this is, fair and the reason some of The Josh allen media commentary is so, maddening is because folks can't help themselves but one up the. Hyperbole it's no longer enough to SAY i think he, might even though he's never been to a Super, bowl and even though three hundred and sixty days ago he for the fourth time in the playoffs shared a field With Patrick mahomes and for the fourth time was outplayed and. Lost even though those that, HAPPENED i think he might be the best quarterback in the, league that's not. Enough and even though two of his contemporaries have more league MVPs than him during his during this, Run patrick And, lamar and those same two guys have more first team all pros than him in this, run and another one of his contemporaries has been to A Super, bowl And burrow Forget patrick going to five and winning, three even though all those things are the. Case calling him hands down the best player in the, league that's not enough. Either and in the last cup few, months and this is not a straw, man and this is from not only PEOPLE i, like but one of, them my dearest friend and boss at The Volume, coward call him the most talented player, ever, ever the most talented quarterback. Ever greeny, yesterday, yesterday after the forward turnover game said does as a matter of, fact no one has ever played the position. Better if that is the way he has, discussed then you can't also do a blame, pie blaming McDermott And, Brandon bean and brand And cooks and the poor left guard who didn't fall On allen's fumble when we're discussing them losing a playoff game when he had four. Turnovers he's the only guy in the league that when they, win he's an all time. Legend and when they, lose even when it's because of his, mistakes it's got to be someone else's. Fault you are. Not it is not a tenable sports opinionist position to continually call a player better than historic legends and contemporaries that have more pelps on the wall by a wide, margin and then give him a full on pass for a playoff meltdown.
Speaker 2: And he's on the record saying that he feels like it let his team.
Speaker 1: Down, well that's the other. Thing Josh allen is is more of a realist about what happened than his media. Sycophants Josh allen was in. Tears you know why because he is the best player on the. Team, obviously he is their. Leader he is the reason they're, there and he blew. It that's, Okay it's, Sports and it wouldn't be that big of a deal IF i didn't have to listen to people the day after it happens still say he's the no one's ever played the position? Better are you fucking kidding? Me, like take my homes out of. It i'm gonna go out on a limb and SAY i Think Tom brady plays the position better Than Josh. Allen, yeah LIKE i and SO i there is an element of. Demons last week there was a little media or a little mini media and we talked about it, firestorm About Lynn, jones the older black. Lady oh, yeah he said To Liam, cohen like hold your head up, high. Yep all these folks were, like once you, turn once you become, media you don't root. Anymore you don't do, That and then those same people are sending. Tweets my heart breaks For Josh. Allen he does why? What? LIKE i don't mean why like? That LIKE I i understand feeling empathy for a person that's a great player that you feel like can't get over the. HUMP i understand, that but the he. Doesn't you don't THINK. Cj stroud feels like shit this? WEEKEND i.
Speaker 2: You don't think the guy gets stopped so many. TIMES i also think people just get caught up with the physicals Of Josh, allen like he's, Perfect like he's got the big, arm he can run, around he's a big. Dude but, yeah he obviously.
Speaker 1: Is part of being an all time great is being able to harness your greatest attributes while minimizing the risk associated with. Them AND i have watched the he has been. Incredible that last year's playoff game Against Kansas, city he fumbled three. Times they recovered all of them the year before the playoff game Against Kansas, city on what they thought was gonna be the game tying, drive he fumbled running around like he did at midfield near. Halftime it should have been scooped and scored by The. Chiefs one of his teammates fell on it after The chiefs kicked. It he's loose with the, ball and when he switches his style up to not be loose with the, ball his gaudy stats go. Down that's when his passing yardage numbers go. Down and all he has not yet shown the ability to have the type of season where you get the crazy gaudy numbers without the crazy, turnovers which is. FINE i still think he's the second best quarterback in the. League but you got to call a spade a spade on a four turnover playoff, game AND i he was fine with. It he knew he blew. It and then the get to the follow ups because there's a lot about the calls and the whining and all of, it so you can go to all.
Speaker 2: This, Yeah so after the, Game Josh, Allen Dion, dawkins And Raynon cooks were all very emotional in their. Interviews and. Crying how do you feel about players crying after a round two?
Speaker 1: Exits SO i think a couple of. Things, LISTEN i it does now seem like The bills were going to fire McDermott if they didn't make The Super. Bowl if they hadn't made that decision after seeing how emotional the players, WERE i would have felt, like, Sorry, sean even if it's not your, fault we have To we can't just run this. Back this is a this is a scarred, team and and the. Demanse why do you think The bills were so devastated about this loss in this postseason BECAUSE i have a, Theory.
Speaker 2: Well this is their this was their, desk this was their shot this. Year, LIKE i just feel like this was because nobody ELSE'S i, mean you're you Got Drake, may you got all THE i mean you just Got Matt, Stafford, Mahomes, burrow Uh, at you, Know, Lamar they're all.
Speaker 1: Gone it's SO i think they clearly viewed it as The chiefs aren't there and this is our. Moment and That's and by the, way certainly the, media after they reacted to the McDermott, firing kept bringing up that this was the moment with The chiefs aren't. There and this is the other, thing If i'm being transparent, here that frustrates me about the just blowing, past Like josh Past patrick in this quarterback, hierarchy folks simultaneously have this Opinion josh is clearly the best quarterback in the. League he's better Than. Mahomes he's been better Than mahomes last few. Years they believe, that while simultaneously believing this was such a massive missed opportunity for The Buffalo bills because they finally would have been able to get to a Super bowl without actually having to Beat Patrick mahomes like that it. WAS i think they did view it as the path is, clear AND i only they viewed it as the path was clear Because lamar wasn't, there Because josh has Played lamar twice in the playoffs and beat them. BOTH i don't think they viewed as the path that's clear Because burrow's not, there Because burrow only been there the last three. YEARS i think they viewed as the path that's clear Because patrick's not there and they didn't get. There. Uh the crying was interesting to me BECAUSE i just don't remember the last LIKE i felt Like cam cried after the Super bowl and people killed him for. It this is a divisional round, game but they really thought they were right there and AND i. DIDN'T i we're going to talk about the calls here in a. Second in, fact let's just get to it right, now. Demons let's get to the, calls and we'll get To.
Speaker 2: Rmott you always hated how the media talks about calls by the. Refs was The Brandon cooks play extra? Infuriating the talks that surrounded that.
Speaker 1: ONE i just listen shout. Out did you See Joe burrow? TWEETED i did See Joe burrow's Tweet Joe? Burrow who doesn't Tweet Joe? BURROW i just want to read, you. Guys Joe Burrow's twitter History april twenty, sixth twenty twenty. Four, okay so a year and a half ago or almost two years, ago eighteen, games question, mark two bye. Weeks july, fifteenth twenty twenty, five a one click captionless retweet Of Netflix sports promoting quarterback and that's. It so he has not written a tweet Since april of twenty twenty. Four and then he writes the amount of people that don't understand what a catch is in the rule. Book flabbergasts. Me and it's not the. Officials the two plays yesterday were not difficult calls and they got them both, right of course they. Did and THESE I i want to be on the record about. THIS i. AM i find this to be very very, binary AND i this Will i'm sure hurt some people's, feelings BUT i stand by. It if you are someone who posts still images as evident something was or wasn't to, catch you are either far far far dumber than you think you, are or you're being disingenuous. Us there is nothing to be learned about what is or isn't a catch from a. Screenshot that's not how it. Works and folks acting like The DeVante adams The Davante adams actual catch was the same play as The Brandon cook's non, catch are are again either idiots or. LIARS i don't see a.
Speaker 2: DIFFERENCE i thought about it as A ravens, fan like That isaiah likely touchdown where he caught the, Ball LIKE i feel like took a step and let the ball go, Immediately like if that wasn't a catch right, there then The Brandon coach thing definitely isn't a. Catch he just never never really.
Speaker 1: Had here's here's the QUESTION i would ask, everybody are you guys arguing if that you're saying it was a, catch that if The bronco's defensive back had you, know not secured it and it hit the, ground that that would have been a fumble because that's where you're arguing that that would have been a. Fumble of course that would have been a. Fumble it's an incomplete. Pass He i'm not going to explain the rules to. Everybody unbelievable play By people are showing The Xavier worthy play from last. Year The Xavier worthy play from last year was actual. Simult people are, like, oh simultaneous possession goes to the offensive. Player simultaneous possession means simultaneous. Possession bardon. Me The Xavier worthy. Play two guys went up for the. Ball they both came to the. Ground when the refs come over and whistle, it they're both holding onto the. Ball that simultaneous. Possession this, One Brandon cooks went up for, it him in his. Shoulder he momentarily split second long enough for a screenshot though controlled, it but before he completed the process of the. Catch The broncos guy took it from. Him that's a. Pick davante caught the, ball tucked, it took two, steps got, hit hit the, ground and then had it ripped. Away that's down by. Contact these aren't. Complicated AND i THINK i here's the other reason. Why and maybe it was that McDermott Knew demante he was gonna be. Fired but you can't blaming the refs like that and then call the media from the team plane to blame them some. More is the lack of accountability there is bad and it is the second year in a row The bills have lost the playoff. Game and for a lot of folks involved with that, team and for a lot of their just blatant apologists in the, media they didn't. Lose they got. Screwed remember last, Year Josh allen got that first down on that tush. PUSH i swear he. DID i watched it with my own two. Eyes.
Speaker 2: YEAH i still he got the media calling it. CONTROVERSIAL i THINK i just heard that the other day that CALL.
Speaker 1: I thirteen seconds game. Unfair didn't get the? Ball change the. Rules everybody knows If Josh allen had gotten the ball in, overtime he would have gone and scored a. Touchdown pop quiz hot shot the six other overtime Games Josh allen's been in where he did get the. Ball how many touchdowns has his team? Scored the answer is. Zero how many games has the team? Won the answer is. Zero how many total points have they scored in those seven overtime, games six of which they got the? Ball the answer is. Three so maybe they would have, scored maybe they would have. WON i don't, Know but luckily THE nfl changed the rules for. Him they get stuffed on the toush. Push NOW i supported, this but the timeline is. True The bills lose a playoff game because they can't execute tousch. Push the league holds a vote to outlaw the touch. Push, AGAIN i don't think that's the real, reason but it is the. Timeline and now we got, folks and this was That Greg rosenthal had it and he's. Right the tell that a lot of the media didn't actually think it was the wrong call was they weren't saying they got it. Wrong they were, saying why didn't you take more time to review? It and then these these these dopes are saying and it's this is just dumb folks then creating this. Conspiracy they didn't want to stop and review, It, demonse Because fox had already pushed back the start of THE Nfc championship game and they wanted to get to. It can you can you people not? Again f forget the? How what an outrageous conspiracy that? Is let's just say that conspiracy is. True That fox pressed the red button and was, like this game's gotta. End do you know the quickest way to? End bill's broncos in The Brandon cooks moment rule it a, catch they're the ten in sudden. Death he just kick a field. Goal the game's? Over like what when you when you? Have AND i want to say one other thing for remove, on BECAUSE i know a lot of people are, Saying, nick what you're accusing the media of doing With Josh allen you do With Patrick, Mahomes AND i would say that is in one way true and in one way totally. Incorrect here's the way that it's. TRUE i openly root for one. TEAM i don't pretend Like i'm a wholly unbiased. Observer if somebody came out and was just Like i'm from and some of these guys Like Ariol. Hawane give, it he's not AN nfl the coverage, guy But Ariol hawani's From, buffalo loves The, bills roots a GREAT I I i cover the whole. LEAGUE i root for The. CHIEFS i have a relationship With. Patrick he's my favorite player. Ever everybody knows that going. In that's first of. All second of, all all, Right, nick but even past, that you Treat patrick like he's above criticism on certain. THINGS i do have a, tendency whether they're my guy or, not that if one guy before he turned twenty nine was already the second or third most decorated winner in the history of the, league to give them the benefit of the. Doubt if one guy has been to Five Super bowls one three is second all time in playoff win second all time in playoff, touchdowns second all time In Super bowl, MVPs i do think that guy second all time In Super bowl star, art tied for third all time In Super bowl. WINS i do think that guy has earned us a little more of a benefit of the doubt than a guy than anybody who's never won and never even been in the game To win's.
Speaker 2: Not turn the ball over four times in the second.
Speaker 1: ROUND i, mean give me a. BREAK i, mean give me a. BREAK i, Mean i'm glad you said, That, demanse Because Listen patrick has had one and a half really rough Super. Bowls there's there's no way around. It and when it comes to the goat, conversation that's a fair thing to bring. Up as far as in the postseason prior to The Super bowl those how many? Games is that he's played twenty one playoff? Games he's played five Super. Bowls so those sixteen playoff games where he is fourteen and two and has let me go ahead and just check it real, quick six plus oh, yeah forty two touchdowns and three interceptions in the wildcard, round divisional, round and conference championship and the divisional round where he's seven to. Zero. Yeah how many? Fumbles great? Question great? Question two fumbles? Lost, okay eight fumbles total in those, uh in those sixteen. GAMES I i, mean give me a, break give me a. Break and it used to be a straw. Man folks, said, like, well nobody's actually saying these guys are better than in. Mahomes and now not only are they saying, that that's that that take has become too luke, warm and it's gotta. Be he's the most talented player. Ever AND i rooted for The bills this year and bet. THEM i was at a casino In philly playing poker in the, morning and then sitting in the sportsbook watching the divisional round. GAME i kept betting The. Bills what do you what do you? Laugh?
Speaker 2: YEAH i KEPT i should have TAKEN.
Speaker 1: I just kept betting The. BILLS i bet him before the, game and then when they fell down, EARLY i bet him again at plus, money and then at HALFTIME i bet him. AGAIN i just kept betting The. BILLS i was, like, There allen's gonna come through. HERE i was rooting for The. Bills but fairs, fair, folks those forty five minutes on that. Game, yeah this one you never? Notice how got you? GOING i, mean it's just, again it's it's it's remarkable to me That Josh allen gets it more than the folks who cover the. Sport just. Remarkable you ever notice everything keeps going? Up rints going, up streaming services going. Up your favorite, burritos spots charging you extra For, salza Boost, mobile you and your phone build on play the will this go? Up soon. Game why because boost mob is unlimited, talk text and data plan at a price that'll never go. Up in, fact it's the same price you'll pay for. Life so switch now for unlimited wireless at a price that will never go. Up only at Boost. Mobile after thirty, gigs customers may experience lower. Speeds customers will pay twenty dollars per month as long as you remain active on the Boost unlimited.
Speaker 2: Plan.
Speaker 1: OH i never even DEMANDS a got to the McDermott firing piece of, it which IS, i if you were GONNA, i if you're gonna fire one of McDermot Or, BEAN i would have thought it would have Been, bean AND i also thought they maybe would fire. BOTH i didn't Think bean would get a promotion out of. This the once we get a better idea on who they're going to, INTERVIEW i we can talk about this maybe more On. Thursday BUT i there have only been a handful of instances IN nfl history To monsey where a LEAGUE mvp who hasn't turned thirty yet his like his head coach positions, available and two of them are right now With lamar And. Josh and it's you know, What i'll Just i'm gonna talk about this more ON. Tv IF i were The, Bills i'd swallow. Hard i'd hope that the weather in the town is not really what his girlfriend is, into and that maybe should you, know they can have a long distance thing for a. Bit AND i would Ask Bill belichick to come coach my football team for three, years because if you are in when now win this minute, mode Hiring Joe brady Or Davis webb or any of these first time head coaches is such a hard. Ask AND i don't Think Brian dable is an upgrade Over sean. McDermott so, YEAH I i would Go. BELICHICK i would try. Again belichick's like player evaluation stuff doesn't matter as much because this would be a short term. Thing it'd Be, bill go break the, record win a Super bowl is stick it to The pats who think this is their. MOMENT i think you could entice. Him AND i don't Think Bill. BELLA i Understand North carolina hasn't gone. GREAT i don't think that he's lost his ability to coach professional. FOOTBALL i. Don't all, right let's Talk Rams.
Speaker 2: Bears So rams escaped out Of chicago with a. Win caleb pulled off some crazy stuff to force it in a, ot but he also threw the game ceiling pick that into the. Game what did you make Of caleb's game and this, Season.
Speaker 1: Well, listen it's a resounding successful season For. CALEB i. THINK i think it's. Undeniable and here's WHAT i would. Say the things that are either, uncoachable like just inherent to a, player or the hardest things to coach are things such as, arm, talent, poise under, pressure, athleticism and, escapability And caleb is a ten out of ten on all of those. Things the things that should be easiest to, coach footwork and accuracy are the places he needs the most. Improvement so that makes me incredibly bullish on, him AND i do feel a little Vindicated demanse for his placement On Mahomes mountain as a college. Sophomore when you see this type of holy, shit what did that guy just?
Speaker 2: DO i could not believe that that was kind of that might have been the craziest Play i've ever seen, Football like just seeing if you press pause at one, point just seeing how that turned into a touchdown was just. Insane but yet.
Speaker 1: A touchdown on fourth and four in the playoffs with twenty seconds. Left, DUDE i mean it's it's As and by the, WAY i don't think it was a better throw than the one last week.
Speaker 2: He.
Speaker 1: Had he had in back to back playoff, games he had fourth down plays that if they don't, convert they lose the, game and made plays THAT i truly believe the only other player in the league who would have been able to do it. Exactly like if it's, like, hey recreate, THIS i think the only other Player i've ever seen that could recreate both of them Is patrick and the roll into your left throw and then the running backwards thirty yards and then he's it's. Unbelievable, now with that, said this might have been a missed. Opportunity they had the ball in. Overtime it was sudden. Death you, don't you.
Speaker 2: DON'T i think they should have went for the two point. Version you don't want to take the rams to. OVERTIME i think you have mo. MINUM i think they should have done for the two point, version but they still got a.
Speaker 1: Chance it's just so his decision to trust his defense was vindicated by the fact the defense force the three and out and they got the. BALL I i thought they were going to go for. Two let me say that on the front, END i respect the fact that Uh Ben johnson's gut is to go for, two and he pivoted because he thought the game situation dictated not to. That he wasn't just an auto two point. Conversion pressed the button because he thought we've sucked it short yardage. Today we've sucked at the goal, Line we've sucked it short, yardage so we're not doing. IT i also do think there is an element of it should be. Noted let me put it like, this if they go for, two, demanse then the let me how many? TIMEOUTS i WISH i knew how many timeouts The rams. Had UH i thought The rams had a timeout. LEFT i could be. Wrong, no they, did because let me check the bears last, drive And i'll know. It BECAUSE i thought The rams should have been using their, timeouts but they. Didn't so let me just check timeout one by The. Rams, yes all. Right so here's the thing about going for. Two if they go for, two you're kicking off with eighteen seconds left and The rams of two, timeouts and they are obviously gonna try, it you, know like they're not going for two with eighteen seconds. Left even if you get it doesn't end the.
Speaker 2: Game, YEAH i, mean and defense has to stop like maybe three, plays two or three.
Speaker 1: Places, No and SO I i JUST i understood him not going for. IT i was, surprised BUT i understood. It and this is the other side of, it is THIS i think that was PROBABLY Dj moore's screw. Up, okay on the interception in, OVERTIME Dj moore seemed to lollygag the. Route But caleb doesn't have to go for that kill shot. There it's second and, eight you're at. Midfield it's a field goal wins. It so that's a. Mistake and this one stings for The bears because again every year you're this close and you've got a real, shot and it feels, like oh, man we made a. Mistake that that's really. Painful it's just really. Painful and So i'm optimistic and bullish on The, bears but that is a painful. Loss The, rams on the other, hand here's the. Deal The rams are my pick to win The Super. Bowl they have not played well in either playoff. Game there's two ways to look at. That one is they're just not playing well right, now and they're about to get clocked By. Seattle another way to look at it is they've made the conference championship game despite not playing, well and they're about to play their best game of the. Postseason the first time they Played, seattle they Put Sam darnold in, hell and the second time they Played, seattle they had that game in total control and it took an insane confluence of events for them to lose. It but that is why this game is In seattle and Not Los. ANGELES i Think stafford's gonna play, better and at Least stafford this week and has been one of the few quarterbacks who has been able to not you, know be a turnover. Machine speaking of a turnover, machine let's get To. Pats.
Speaker 2: Texans patriots are headed back to THE Afc Conference conference game for the first time in a. Decade, now this was not. Smooth the defense gave The patriots and, fits but they also got to PLAY.
Speaker 1: Cj.
Speaker 2: Stroud Did New england win the game or did The texans lose?
Speaker 1: It let me say this About New. England they have won both of their playoff games, easily and their quarterback hasn't played well. Yet now he's made some great, plays but the fumbles are. Crazy he just keeps fumbling the. Ball the offensive line hasn't played great that. Listen the past To booty to put the game away in the end zone was really. Good the catch was. Unbelievable and you guys know how HIGH i am On Drake. May but he has shown some playoff game. Jitters and now The pats are huge favorites in the conference championship game and they can go back to the Super bowl Without Drake may playing. Great, yet with that, SAID i think they needed to BENCH cj at. Halftime that Was Davis mills started three games for them this, year at five, touchdowns one. Turnover they went three to. Zero all they had to do was get some type of spark. Offensively AND i don't know what was going on WITH, cj because That pats defense is, good but it is not, great AND I cj Is and the THING i the argument demons against BENCHING cj is, well he's our franchise. Guy who can't do that to?
Speaker 2: Him he is the.
Speaker 1: Thing they're about to do that to him this summer when they don't offer him a contract, extension like he is going to get, that by the, way he's Got they're gonna pick up his fifth year, option and and THEN i would imagine they're gonna, say go play out your four and then we'll, see we, said because he still has essentially two years left on his rookie. Deal So's i'm not like saying they're gonna move OFF. Cj. Stroud but after three years is when franchise quarterbacks get their. Extensions he ain't getting, that and he's got to figure out what the hell's going on. There and all they had that, defense and they also got. UNLUCKY i, Mean Drake may fumbled inside the, five that ball bounced Around patriots. Recovery there was another fumble that it looked like The texans could have scooped and, scored but because they had been not falling on, fumbles they just fell on it like. That texans defense was ferocious as, advertised and THE. Cj pick six was just impossibly. Bad at that, point he had been turning the ball, over but they had the, lead they were up ten to, seven and that pick six flipped the whole. GAME i don't know what's happened TO. Cj. SHROUD i joke ON tv about the lecture that led to the losing that, ever since The Kala Big brother. Stuff he is the same. GUY i don't actually think that is what, happened but it is crazy who he Was demanse his rookie year and who he's been the last.
Speaker 2: TWO i mean he was out just sumo wrestling with Like Michael parsons and calling himself like a top three quarterback and stuff on. PODCASTS i feel, like, yeah after first.
Speaker 1: SEAT i mean, yes but that's that still doesn't explain last year then should have been a bit of a wake up call for. Him, Yeah and SO i DON'T i don't know.
Speaker 2: How much of it are we putting on THE o.
Speaker 1: Line oh line's. BAD i mean you're putting putting a fair amount of it on THE o. Line but then just eat the ball like some of these he threw four Picks, tomnse he could have thrown, seven like there were another three or. Four that's, like oh, GOD i mean that that was just. Brutal and by the, way he was. Awful and round one, YEAH i mean that was just.
Speaker 2: Carried he's being.
Speaker 1: Carried. MAN i feel sick for that. Defense that defense is. Unbelievable all, right let's speaking of unbelievable. Defenses let's Talk Seahawks.
Speaker 2: Niners seattle dominated The niners this, weekend like from the opening kickoff headed into championship, weekends The seahawks are The Super bowl. Favorite and do you think That vegas has that?
Speaker 1: CORRECT i, mean, Listen i'm gonna pick The. Rams But seattle's earned The they've earned. This they they Beat carolina by seventeen right before the, playoffs they beat The niners by. Ten they just beat The niners by thirty. Five and they did it all without their quarterback playing that. Well and classic one by me WHEN i was Your classic one Or classic, Two i'm not. Sure great opinion by, Me pat myself on the back trade deadline, Day Quinn williams to The, Cowboys Sauce gardner to The, colts AND i went ON tv and, said the most impactful trade of the day Is Rashid shaheed to The. Seahawks Rashid shaheed in The rams game that, One i'm home field advantage got uh had the punt return that got the comeback. Going And Rashid shaheed's kick return in this game opened the floodgates and so, uh The seahawks have just been utterly. DOMINANT i do Think we're in store, though for a very, close EXCELLENT nfc championship. Game and if that's the, context all Trust Stafford, LATE i know it's. Simple And, seattle, Listen mike McDonald's been unbelievable and that defense is. Underrated the loss Of charbonnay is, big And seattle did what a one seed against you, know beat Up niners team was supposed to. Do you know? WHO i bet watched that game and felt, like my, god we really. Blew it was The. Eagles The eagles are like That niners team came to our building and beat. Us, yeah, like that's just that's a rough. One all? Right what Other niners questions you have for? Him forty move?
Speaker 2: On you were open to pivoting on, party, uh seeing how he played in this game Against. Seahawks how do you feel now after that? Performance is? That?
Speaker 1: Listen i'm not gonna he was obviously, bad But i'm not gonna hang him for that. Performance that whole team was bad and So i'm not gonna kill. Him BUT i had he been good in that game and it's, like oh my, god this team moved like that would have made, me you, know. Reevaluate But i'm not going to kill him for that.
Speaker 2: Performance how would you describe the forty nine ers window, open, closed.
Speaker 1: CLOSING i think they're in a transition, period BUT i thought that this year and they had all the injuries and they got the divisional. Round shanahan's so, good.
Speaker 2: Man it can't be.
Speaker 1: Closed it can't be closed With, shanahan it just. Can't he's so. Good but No, KITTLE i, MEAN i guess we'll see About, kittle but The, achilles we'll see About miccaffrey after all this, Workload Losing Robert salah is a big. Deal But shanahan's so. Good all, Right let's get to listening.
Speaker 2: Questions billy asks why are people so hesitant on calling Out Josh allen but have little no issue banging on Mahomes jalen And lamar.
Speaker 1: LISTEN i bouncing around a lot of this quarterback criticism commentary has been a not so subtle racial, Component, yeah where people have wondered about whether or not certain quarterbacks get favorable coverage or less than favorable coverage based on. Race, okay and anybody that's consumed any of my content for any point of my career KNOWS i believe in a way That i'm sure annoys a lot of the. AUDIENCE i Think race touches every single thing In america in ways that people you know are either blissfully unaware of or hyper aware. Of and so there is almost nothing no question you could ask me, that my answerould, be, Oh race plays no factor in it. Whatsoever, okay so let me say that on the front. END i Don't, HOWEVER i don't see because a lot of people bring up like The josh Criticism lamar. CRITICISM i happen to think That lamar gets mostly a pass from most folks, Too And i've said that for a. While it has felt like for years it was just me And shannon as the only people that would be, Like lamar is bad and the Like as has had these bad. Moments SO i don't look At lamar as like being overly, criticized, RIGHT i also think there is there is Also again this is too complex to get. Into but you Saw Nick young swaggy pe or you know you know that is? Right? Yeah it during he, tweeted uh he he tweeted during the show after The ravens season, ended or they Fired, HARBALL i don't. Know but during our a block WHEN i, WAS i don't Know lamar he tweeted something about THESE fs one shows in the way they talk about black. Quarterbacks oh, oh and Then Lamar's entertainment company retweeted it with a little bulls.
Speaker 2: EYE i.
Speaker 1: Think and there is a really And i'm not going to get into it now because i just don't have the bandwidth for. It there's a and it's really a longer form. Discussion there's a really interesting discussion to be had about folks who look At Patrick, Mahomes Jalen, Hurts Caleb, Williams Lamar jackson and criticizing or complimenting black quarterbacks and what resonates and what, doesn't and so it there is it. Is it would be ridiculous on its face to be Like Nick nick's got something against black quarterbacks when favorite player of all Times Patrick mahomes AND i When caleb was a sophomore in, COLLEGE i was, saying it's six best quarterback in. Football BUT i think some folks, like, yeah but you go At lamar and you haven't believed in jail and and there IS i mean dem demons on the. Screen. Again, No i'm not saying it's like Sourism i'm not saying like a skin tone, thing But i'm saying that it is about who people. THINK i just think it's about how people view these other people. RACIALLY i think there is that, element and so it's it's not a skin tone thing as much as it is just how they view those. Players and SO i The SO i am not trying to act LIKE i believe race plays no part in quarterback. EVALUATIONS i think it clearly and obviously. Does BUT i also think That lamar has Gotten when you, know When lamar's team has blown it in the playoffs and he's turned the ball, over people are, like why didn't they run the ball? More and his coach also got. Fired SO i DON'T i don't Think lamar has, gotten you, know pilloried by the. Media and so.
Speaker 2: That's that's pretty similar with the way that they're, discussed to be, honest that's how it.
Speaker 1: Feels now you want to, say, Again mahomes has gotten passes at my answer would, be, yeah he's been to Five Super. Bowls here's one three of. Them he's going to build up a little, equity all. Right, Now.
Speaker 2: Eric, asks would any of Your Josh allen criticisms apply To lebron pre twenty, twelve and can we see a similar turnaround in playoff.
Speaker 1: Accomplishments at Least lebron in twenty twelve had been to The Championship brown. Twice lebron in twenty twelve was the most the most decorated regular season player of his. Era josh is neither of, those. Right lamar And patrick are more decorated regular season. Players lamar has never been to The Championship, brown SO I i don't think that is going to. APPLY i do Think Josh allen's gonna win a Super. Bowl that's the other, thing and then we'll leave it at. THIS i do Think Josh allen's going to win a Super. BOWL i want to be.
Speaker 2: Here Josh allen is gonna be a really good older. QUARTERBACK i THINK i see.
Speaker 1: That i'm a little worried about BECAUSE i don't. KNOW i don't know how well his body's gonna hold. Up BUT i think he's gonna win a Super. Bowl but, folks here here's my last thing on. This, folks leave yourself some room for compliment growth once he wins the Super, bowl because if he's the best quarterback alive and the most talented player ever, before he's been to a Super.
Speaker 2: Bowl then The, Bills, yeah you're gonna give him in, quarterback give him The.
Speaker 1: Nobel Peace prize when he finally wins. It and if you do, that then we're definitely gonna Invade. Greenland talk to you guys On. Thursday what's, right