Speaker 1: It's nine og one ong with Jenny Garth and Tory Spelling.
Speaker 2: Hello, everybody, welcome to another episode of nine two Ong.
Speaker 3: I know you're not gonna like this, but Jenny, I have to jump to the end. I just have to.
Speaker 2: We haven't even told the people hello yet.
Speaker 3: Amy. I watched the second half of this episode twice because I was like, I need to really pay attention to every detail the two scenes. Fine, fine, I'll tell you this. I really need to focus on the scene with Claire and Steve riding the motorcycle. Why and you'll find out when we get to it. Okay? And number two the OJ police chase.
Speaker 2: Hi, Okay, this was an exciting episode, you guys. I don't even know what I was watching. Was this Beverly Hill's not a two one o? Or was this like La Law or something?
Speaker 3: I don't even know. Yeah, I was kind of a little SVU, a little Melrose, a little Hill Street Blues. I don't know. But also, bravo to your crying scene at the end.
Speaker 2: Oh thanks, thanks? But hello, did you catch Terra's creepy look? This is watching over Kelly's shoulder and she's kind of like smiling.
Speaker 3: It's just so juicy.
Speaker 2: It's so juicy, so much good stuff.
Speaker 3: So many notes though, because also, why would you bring pie to your friend in rehab for thirty seconds?
Speaker 2: I'll just come into rehab for a minute.
Speaker 3: And the flirting with the doctor, well, I hope that's going somewhere. Oh it is, but it's like they're like, Hi, we brought you a pie. Oh yum, let's eat the pie. One bit it we gotta go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was very weird. There were a few weird moments. But we're going to talk all about everything because it's also good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everybody, this episode is going to be really something else. iHeart podcasts, listen on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Well, I know you're just ready to talk about it, so let's do it. Even In six, episode twenty three, Leap of Faith, aired February twenty eighth, nineteen ninety.
Speaker 3: Six, Brandon braves a Meet the Parents weekend with Susan in San Diego. Kelly's crushed when David tells her about Colin and Valerie. Obviously, first of all, David, why I'm interjecting. We'll get to it. Donna deals with Joe's sibling situation. Steve suddenly has a need for speed and Colin's cocaine cravingly do a televised nice speed chase. Everything, everything happening in this episode is just incredible.
Speaker 2: Directed by Christopher Hibbler, written by Ken Stringer, who of our.
Speaker 3: God, bless you can because this is excellent. It's excellent from top to bottom, because it's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Okay, what do we do? How do we do this?
Speaker 3: It's just we're gonna need to go through it. But can I just say, like, are you and Jason Priestley like the only actors getting anything meaty in this whole show right now? Because literally you're getting tons of meat and Priestley is getting some good stuff right, even though I think the Susan storylines like very random, He's really like acting right, there's like real stuff happening. Everybody else is just kind of like nonsense.
Speaker 2: There's a lot going on. It's hard to tell the nonsense from the good stuff.
Speaker 3: For me, it's like fifteen storylines in this one episode. We've got Valerie and Colin, We've got Colin and the drug dealers back, We've got Donna and Joe and this random sibling, this out of nowhere comes for this episode only we ever see him again, We've never seen him before.
Speaker 2: That's Bruce Thomas.
Speaker 3: I know, he's like so recognizable. Okay, so we've also got the the.
Speaker 2: Right like even Claire just so bebopping on everybody's storylines, like he's like yeah, but he's he's.
Speaker 3: Just like yeah, he's coming in on everybody, like talking to Valerie, coming in to talk to you. I'm sorry, I love David, but like, you don't go to someone in rehab and tell them something terrible. They could further unhinge their like recovery.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's the safest place that he could have told her. I guess, and also rip that freaking band aid off, like she needs to know. I guess the right thing, but brotherly thing to do.
Speaker 3: This guy, Bruce Thomas has had so many jobs. He was in legally Blonde kyle x Y, but I did, He's been.
Speaker 2: The Bend and Snap, that's him, Ye kyle.
Speaker 3: X Y, which was a show I weirdly totally liked. I can't remember why either their son was a robot or an alien. I can't remember, but it was actually really good. He's done so much. Yeah, wow, I.
Speaker 2: Recognize him immediately and now I know, I don't know him at all in person. I just know him from this.
Speaker 3: It is so recognizable. You did the old did I go to high school with you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well I got did you hear to tell the story when someone said to you, I'm so excited to meet you, Jenny McCarthy. Wait, where were we?
Speaker 2: When did that happen?
Speaker 3: We were at dinner at the It was before the Sabrina Carboner concert. Remember we were at dinner and like you were meeting some clients and they're like, it's so exciting to meet you. I know you, Jenny McCarthy.
Speaker 2: Wait, you weren't even there with me. It happened. I was by myself in a room full of people. I didn't know. You sent me out there like a little baby fish in a big pond, and I was by myself trying to like schmooz to your clients and like, you know, get to know all of our advertisers. And then someone was very very excited to meet me, and but thought that.
Speaker 3: I was Jenny McCarthy. Which has happened? That happens a compliments.
Speaker 2: She doubled down on it too. She was like, she kept going.
Speaker 3: Who do you think I am?
Speaker 2: She goes Jenny McCarthy, and then the four women that I was taught that there were four women, they all started to talk amongst themselves about if I was Jenny McCarthy or not. And I was standing there and I just started to get hot all over and I was like, I'll be right back, you guys, And that's what I've been.
Speaker 3: There because I would I literally would have leaned into it. I would have been like, she's on the mast singer. Wait, do you think that they thought you were Jenny from nine to two and zero, but that your name was Jenny McCarthy.
Speaker 2: Always that they get the blonde and the name Jenny mixed up with the h.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So it wasn't like they thought you were the host of Singled Out and the masked singer.
Speaker 2: No, no, the mail man. They just couldn't get the name Jenny McCarthy's mail before. That's weird, I go figure that out. I can't help you with that one, but it has happened. I got her mail and she got mine.
Speaker 3: What made me think of that? By the way, I don't even know. I don't know anyway, where were we God, we were talking about that really just glitched.
Speaker 2: Scene drug rehab. We started in the drug rehab in Detok Center, where Kelly is in therapy with her her doctor. I was that was kind of a weird cold open, didn't you think?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I remember everything about this episode. I'm not even remembering that. Are you with the hot doctor?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: No, No.
Speaker 2: She's talking to her therapist on the couch and that's the only scene you see before the credits roll. Oh yeah, and she says there's thing about Colin.
Speaker 3: That she's very Oh, yes, of course you're like, I thought you were going to bring up Brandon. I did too. It's like waiting for that.
Speaker 2: Still she's still wasting energy on Colin, which is very upset.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's so weird, Like I thought you were going to be like, yes, but I think that really I'm in love with Brandon, Like I thought we were going to get that, and just like, no, we got your love for Colin.
Speaker 2: Yeah. We go to the peach Bit and that's where we find out that Steve has a bond that has matured and is worth twenty thousand dollars and he wants to blow it all on a Harley motorcycle.
Speaker 3: So dumb, so dumb, immensely dumb. I have a lot of respect for Claire for realizing how dumb it was. But then she gave in yeah, but that was then she said I'm never going on it again.
Speaker 2: I think that's a bad idea. I know a lot of people that ride motorcycles, and I love interest, but I think this was instigated by irons or maybe even all the boys were really into the motorcycles at this moment. They had just to make some money and now they were like playing with their toys.
Speaker 3: The stunt doubles are so bad, they're so obviously not them. And my favorite line of the whole episode, lean with me, Lean with me, like they're on the motorcycle and she felt good.
Speaker 2: I don't know, it just was weird.
Speaker 3: It's not even then you go the close up and then it backs up clearly not them, close up, clearly not them. I mean, oh, I don't even know. I don't even understand, and like, why why are we doing this? I don't know.
Speaker 2: Just because it was fun. They wanted to do it, and so they did it. We see Valcum. It kind of disturbed David, though he says something about her smell. It's gonna haunt him forever. Yeah, so he's still into her, but at the same time he knows about Oh that's where he finds out about Valan Colin.
Speaker 3: Do you think she wears Eternity? What were some other nineties.
Speaker 2: I know what I wore in the nineties.
Speaker 3: What was it?
Speaker 2: Child?
Speaker 3: Do you remember that?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Do you remember Drucar dru Cart?
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely, and there was Calvin Klein was coming out.
Speaker 3: Then I did Eternity, and then it was so strong that I realized later why. First of all, I also wore this perfume called White Shoulders, which was basically like a drugstore perfum from the fifties. But I like that was so much better. I don't wear perfume now, do you I do.
Speaker 2: I love perfume.
Speaker 3: Uh huh. Yeah. I wear Dove soap. I had a boyfriend in college. I was like, you smell great. You smell like Ivory soap.
Speaker 2: Well he likes that smell.
Speaker 3: Yeah. In college I used Ivory and that it got was a little more drying, So I switched to Dove. That's it. That's all you get.
Speaker 2: Love me so much. They you want to tell us about your soap choices. Okay, they're talking about motorcycles and Brandon and Susan are headed for a three day trip to visit her parents in San Diego. And she's wound up tighter than a bee's honey.
Speaker 3: She's she had to sleep on the way home. She was so.
Speaker 2: Stressed that was she didn't want her hair messed up. I was the mom looking into it. This woman is like.
Speaker 3: Missus Martin worse, kind of worse. That lady looked famous too.
Speaker 2: At first I thought that was Candy Spelling.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, she does look like that lady.
Speaker 2: That wasn't her. Oh that whole peach pit and we see that Donna is sitting with Joe's brother, who flew in because Joe wanted to discuss his heart.
Speaker 3: Surgery with him UPS guy from he's the UPS guy from Legally.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, it just came to me.
Speaker 3: Oh god, I think he's the dad. And Kyle x Y it's like like I just bopped in out of nowhere.
Speaker 2: But really good casting. I felt like they totally looked like they could be brothers.
Speaker 3: Sure, yeah, it was great casting and kind of.
Speaker 2: Nothing storyline the like why did he have to come to the peach pit.
Speaker 3: There's a scene at the end where I literally thought they were in Joe's hospital room. And then I'm like, wait, they're at thet They're at the hotel. Well, and this guy gets a Bellman for two suitcascas.
Speaker 2: I saw that he couldn't carry. But they weren't rollies, you know, those were the kind head.
Speaker 3: There's three of them. They had to get a Bellman.
Speaker 2: Suitcases in the nineties like they were more rare, that's for sure. Early carry on suitcase come about.
Speaker 3: I was like a deafel bag girl in the nineties, Like I just threw that stuff over my shoulder. I don't think I think I had a suitcase.
Speaker 2: I didn't go many place.
Speaker 3: How did I pack in the nineties. I don't even remember having a bag.
Speaker 2: You didn't go anywhere? What are you talking about?
Speaker 3: I did. I went from Berkeley to Tahoe.
Speaker 2: How did I do in a car? Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't go on an airplane. I did. Actually, I did go on an airplane in the nineties. I went to New Mexico, I went to New York, and I went to Seattle. All and my friend Carrie also says we went to La which I've completely blocked out, Like I think it was so traumatizing that. I have fully no memory of it. I'm like, when did we do that? I have no memory of that.
Speaker 2: I just saw you in LA and you were happy as a clam. You like traveling.
Speaker 3: I think you like it in my car. I love traveling in my car. You know I have a toilet in the car. It's just the greatest thing ever.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Amy, stop it.
Speaker 3: Everybody listening. If you travel on road trips on your own dm US or instagram us, somehow I need to get you guys the link to the car potty. Now, I get it. You're not gonna want to do it with other people in the car, although I do. You bop into the backseat, you go potty. It's in a bag, you throw it out. It saves me so much time, so much worry. I'm here for you. If anyone let us know if you want to hear more, and we'll do a car potty episode.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, we won't be doing that. I'm just sorry. I'm gonna put my foot down there, but I love it. When my daughter were little, we had a car potty. But this you're talking about a grown adult having a Yeah.
Speaker 3: Just like you would have for your little ones. There's an adult sized it's a camping toilet. It's so amazing. Okay, I love it. I love it. I originally got it during COVID and now I'm like, this is staying.
Speaker 2: Amy wants to talk. If you guys want to talk.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. I could do a whole episode about the car body. I could tricks of the car potty, the best way to use the car party. No, stop it.
Speaker 2: You want to get a sponsor from the car?
Speaker 3: Yes, I do Bed, Bath and Beyond. I don't know if it's still around anymore, but yes I do.
Speaker 2: So we were talking about how nervous Susan was to go meet her see her parents and introduce Brandon to her parents, especially since her sister died. There's a lot of in that household, which is understandable.
Speaker 3: Get it totally, Like I understood where everyone was coming from. It was kind of a classic sort of nineties drama moment, the friction between the mother and the daughter and the the memory of the sister and it's all resolved. But like it was, I didn't mind it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was filt random, totally random.
Speaker 3: The dad was so nice.
Speaker 2: The dad was cue.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of Jason Priestley's shirtless Did you like what in the bed scene? It was so like there was just so much of him shirtless. For me, I was like, whoa, it's a lot.
Speaker 2: I didn't I don't remember him shirtless, not one time.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, he's very shirtless. So when the mom comes in, Ohm.
Speaker 2: But he's sleeping covered. He's covered by the covers, not fully covered. It's a lot of a lot of Back to the back of the rundown. Okay, Donna and Joe meet Hank, who tells Joe that he shouldn't play foot anymore with or without the surgery, and then Johnna tries to interrupt that, and Hank basically tells her to butt out because this is a family matter, and then he wants.
Speaker 3: To randomness random, like like a decent storyline, but just so random.
Speaker 2: But it really wasn't even flushed out this storyline. It was kind of so superficial that you really didn't get invested.
Speaker 3: She's still dealing with the like things she found on the news.
Speaker 2: I'm a little over the let's fix Joe's heart thing that sounds terrible but so cute.
Speaker 3: Like I wish they would have given him a better storyline with her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's cute. I get it.
Speaker 3: You love, Like, maybe they should have talked about getting married and like sleeping together. I would have been juicy.
Speaker 2: Yep. We go and we meet Hamlet, Ruth and Gerald and Susan's dog.
Speaker 3: Oh, that was a huge, big dog. It's a really big dog. And she lives in quite a fancy mansion.
Speaker 2: Well, they're very fit. They seem very upper crusty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they got some they got some dough, those key things.
Speaker 2: A little crusty and affluent.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The mom's a little upper but.
Speaker 2: Yes, she's very critical and she negative.
Speaker 3: She had a little Yeah, and the dad's so nice and jovial.
Speaker 2: I can't understand. I can't even imagine.
Speaker 3: Brandon handled it all fairly well. I felt like he didn't overstep, but he didn't underdo. I felt like he was navigating it.
Speaker 2: He was I felt like his bad jokes were good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and even like after the incident, he came down and loves some eggs and then she flies off and he's like I better go to her, and the mom's like, no, she needs not cool off. I'll do it, like, you know, like he didn't he wasn't just taking it, but he also wasn't like overstepping. He was very polite. Even when she's like, I'm so sorry, he's all no, no, no, Like I felt like he handled it well.
Speaker 2: He did very maturely.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well so except for this sneaking into her room, which I guess you should you could do if uh, you know, teen boys do these things.
Speaker 3: They're only in college, so it's sort of appropriate for a parent to have those rules for college kids. But they look so old. Yeah that I'm like, there's like a thirty five year old dude here, like, what, it's so cold?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean the question is, at what age do parents let their kids share their room with their boyfriend or girlfriend?
Speaker 3: What age would you you're the mom.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't think anybody should do what I do, just because you should use your own judgment. But I think when my kids were over the age of eighteen, and if they had a steady boyfriend of multiple years, two years at least, then I was a little more lenient with that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it doesn't mean they're doing anything.
Speaker 2: Let's go back to the rehab. I feel much safer there. Kelly gives Tara a Kashmir sweater.
Speaker 3: You took Dave home and your mom was like, no, no, are you going.
Speaker 2: Back to this sleeping in the same room. Okay, I can't imagine. It's weird. It is weird. As a parent, it's super super weird.
Speaker 3: Forty right when you started dating Dave older parties, Yeah, close enough. What if your mom was like no, no.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think she would have said that because three.
Speaker 3: Kids about boyd three kids? Okay. Anyway back to Tara Tara.
Speaker 2: Tara Tara Kashmir sweater.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, so that was a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, David comes by, well, asks him about Colin, and then he reluctantly tells Kelly that Colon has been seeing Valerie, which is unbe believable yet so believable. How long has it been a week a day?
Speaker 3: I swear it's been like literally three days. Also, great acting again by you, Jenny, Like the pain was real, Like you really acted that, Like I'm hurt by this.
Speaker 2: Oh thanks, I'm glad that it came across, because yeah, I came across. That would be really hard to wrap your head around, like so painful. I want to be with that guy anymore? And you knew that it wasn't he wasn't good for you. Also because she's like your nemesis and she was so like I want to get her claws in him the whole time. Oh makes it. It doesn't makes me angry at him because yeah, from her.
Speaker 3: So he's just gonna hurt her too.
Speaker 2: Anyway, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: He's just gonna hurt her too, Like why is she going for this like drug addict?
Speaker 2: I really just don't know how this this character of Colon went from being this like mysterious, artistic, cool New York guy on the airplane with Kelly in the beginning of the season to now being like this deviant, horrible influence and person that is ruthless basically.
Speaker 3: Him now soly rested but I can't. We'll get to that. It's so you can't too good. That was just bizarre. But okay, wait, so we're seeing hints of Tara being a little questionable, not really yet, but just because we know.
Speaker 2: The only thing that's questionable is that wig she's wearing. Okay, well you'll find out why is is that a wig? Is she wearing a wig.
Speaker 3: In show?
Speaker 2: Like her character is choosing to wear a wig? Or are we supposed to believe that's her hair, is my question?
Speaker 3: Supposed to believe that's her hair? But hair is important because later, yeah, yeah, there is, do you remember? And so obviously I think they had to do something like give her the wig here so that it would work later, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: But the later is a wig too, So.
Speaker 3: Was it okay?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 3: I don't know? Maybe this is her real hair because later's a wig. Yeah, her hair is like weird.
Speaker 2: When did wigs get better? Because it certainly wasn't in nineteen ninety six.
Speaker 3: I think maybe I think they were better then, but they're really good now.
Speaker 2: I think that maybe it wasn't in the budget to have a good one.
Speaker 3: That's what I was about to say. I literally wanted to say that, and then I felt like that's too me.
Speaker 2: Oh I felt bad for her wearing that wig. But yeah, she's she's she's a little needy already.
Speaker 3: Like the sweater you ready for another friend eating a pie? It's just like, oh no, the doctor flirting doctor comes in.
Speaker 2: But are we just foreshadowing because we know?
Speaker 3: I'm sure I think so. I actually think so. I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's a sweet girl and she's had yeah.
Speaker 3: I think if we were watching it with fresh eyes, virgin eyed, we would not see it yet.
Speaker 2: Yes. Then we go to the scene at Susan's parents' house where Ruth just cuts to the chase and asks if Brandon is sleeping her daughter, did you.
Speaker 3: See that bowl of peace? I've never seen so many peas in a bowl in my entire life.
Speaker 2: I got to go back and look at the peas.
Speaker 3: Now, my god, it was a deeping bowl of peas. Like I was just like, how are they going to eat that many peas?
Speaker 2: I don't love peas.
Speaker 3: Peas right now? Do you like peas? Yes? No, I like at a mammy and I like snap peas, but I do not.
Speaker 2: Like cooked peas well, not if they're mushy.
Speaker 3: I don't like them no matter what.
Speaker 2: Okay, so she peas in her car and she doesn't like peas. Write it down, people, there's gonna veh a quiz. Yeah. I couldn't believe she.
Speaker 3: It was a massive bowld piece that was so crazy.
Speaker 2: It was a jaw dropper. We were like, oh my, did she just though?
Speaker 3: It was like, Yeah, this poor mom is so in need of a lot of therapy, which I understand. She's had like a traumatizing loss, which she brings up later and we all feel for her, but it's just like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it works, it does you. It all comes back around and makes sense.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: We go to Collin's apartment in vad Is where we see Colin and val star gazing on the deck.
Speaker 1: It's just so this this whole just had me like and already he's saying, I promise to just be when I'm with you, I'm only going to be with you, And so that is her basically green light to say, let's go to bed.
Speaker 3: Just uncomps. First of all, this guy is a drug addict who broke up with you, the love of his life four seconds ago. She wants commitment though, yes, like guy's a drug addict.
Speaker 2: Yes, clean right now when he's telling Bell that he wants only her.
Speaker 3: For thirty seconds, the sketchy drug guy is coming any minute, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: And then we cut to Kelly's rehab where she is opening up to Tara and says that she feels like killing Valerie.
Speaker 3: That was nuts.
Speaker 2: That that was nuts, Okay, harsh, you know that was really nuts. What I want to do? I want to kill her.
Speaker 3: I thought there was some sort of foreshadowing there too. So Tara when she goes crazy, I mean there is.
Speaker 2: That's that's the only reason that that line could.
Speaker 3: Exist, correct, because the line was really jarring and uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: No, that's not something young people say or joke about.
Speaker 3: And that's not something Kelly Taylor says.
Speaker 2: Or definitely, I mean, even if you feel like I want a killer like that kind of I want to kill somebody.
Speaker 3: The finest thing I've ever said is I want to I want to punch that per person.
Speaker 2: I want to kill someone.
Speaker 3: First of all, I can't. I would never say that for twenty million reasons. Twenty million reasons, one being I've watched so many Lifetime movies that my fears that person will always end up dead and then they're like you once said it, So I never utter that ever.
Speaker 2: That'spect number one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I never even try to think those things because I'm afraid some mind reader could be like you thought it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I mean, how many times in your life have you thought I want zero dead milch zero too black and white.
Speaker 3: No, I have a way better thing away, I.
Speaker 2: Have a way better thing. Wait are you about to say, like when you wish someone ill when you're so mad at someone, what is it that you think in your mind or even say sometimes that you wish would happen to that person.
Speaker 3: You want to tell me yours and I'll tell you mine. I'll tell okay, you tell me yours.
Speaker 2: I wish you get diarrhea?
Speaker 3: Is that what you say? God, have we had this conversation before, because that's what that's literally what I do too. I picture them having diarrhea like in their pants, like you know, the diarrhea that's like kind of painful. And also what I do is when I picture that, it brings them down. Like in my mind, I'm like, Okay, they have diarrhea too, Like it's fine, Like all you have to do, Like if you have any jealousy for someone, just picture them have diarrhea.
Speaker 2: I cannot believe this is what we are talking about.
Speaker 3: I can like Brad Pitt, he's had diarrhea for sure.
Speaker 2: If you break it down, everybody is human.
Speaker 3: Everyone's had diarrhea.
Speaker 2: First of all, I have never had diarrhea. Amy, are you serious? No, he's just.
Speaker 3: Kidding, But I don't frequently have the opposite.
Speaker 2: Diarrhea is like my main way I know that this is your dream topic. So we're just going to keep moving. We go back to the beach house where Joe comes over and basically he tells Donna that his brother convinced him not to move forward with the surgery because his football dreams are also shattered after an injury.
Speaker 3: The whole storyline is a yawn fest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not like I'm not interested.
Speaker 3: And then Donna in the empty quad everyone's at the beach, like, no, they're not, they're not. You just didn't afford background actors today because they're not all at the beach. Like what on a three day weekend? What three day weekend? What three day weekend? Is it ground dog Day? Well, it was a three day weekend in the show. But like, because maybe that's why they're going to San Diego. But I don't think we really lean into which one. Oh right, okay, Leapier, but that's not a three day weekend. You don't get a holiday for leap Heer. But the banks are open. But anyway, who cares whatever, everyone's at the beach.
Speaker 2: Fins or something. I don't know what it was.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, they call it turned about now I.
Speaker 2: Don't even anyway, anyway, I don't either Steve convintions hop on his hardly, but she hates it. After a few seconds after he gives her one spin around the parking lot and he refuses, she refuses to write. And you know that parking lot was right by the soundstage that was in van Ey's, right down the street, so convenient for the crew.
Speaker 3: That's where you went. They went out on the road and here's what I'm thinking. They're riding the motorcycle as you TV people do where it's on a truck, you know what I mean. Were the close ups and then they had the real motors cycle stunt deviles doing the turns lean with me, I'm just like, this is atrocious.
Speaker 2: I know who really was into Harley's but that was their dream, no connection, so dumb. So then that's where we see Brandon sneak out to sleep with Susan. And then he gets stopped by the dog by Hamlet. So he is so smart and he starts what does he start? He starts speaking Shakespeareanto the Dog God.
Speaker 3: I think I blinked during this because I didn't remember. This part worked for me.
Speaker 2: Because in seeing previous Brandon said, I don't speak I don't know.
Speaker 4: Anything act and then he's he was like to be or not, like, yeah, I miss that whole scene. I must have gone to the bathroom or something because I don't remember.
Speaker 2: I was interested. And then we go back and we see Valerie. She wakes up to a call from call and telling her how beautiful last night was and thanking her. So weird, so they didn't she didn't sleep over.
Speaker 3: I guess not, But it's just weird. It's just weird.
Speaker 2: It's just weird that it's so fast. It's too fast, it's too fair.
Speaker 3: And then David and the off comes into the office and oh, it's a friendly visit, like it's just so oh god, it was very a lot of like drama, Like yeah, carving out little channel's avenues of like drama, and like David should be hurt. I get it, like he should be hurt, but also, why are you going and talking to her?
Speaker 2: Is he going there?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Then Danny five comes back and he basically puts cocaine up Collin's nose.
Speaker 3: So was he one of the drug dealer? So yeah, he was the one that went into the bedroom with the other drug addict, right, so many gross.
Speaker 2: He basically forces Colon to snort the cocaine to try this new stuff, and then he puts it in his pocket, puts it in his hand. That's just not just.
Speaker 3: Leading us to the High Speed Jays, which was everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, and then we go back to San Diego and we see the really you know, I think I thought it was a really good scene. Yeah, the mom and Susan kind of everything comes to a head and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah this is at the breakfast with the very fancy china for breakfast but fans and like a very fancy coffee cup but so tiny, a tiny little tea cup. Maybe it's espresso, and it's like green spoed.
Speaker 2: Just a thought that was a good scene. And I thought that, yeah, you know, Susan get all that out and off her chests.
Speaker 3: And that's why I thought Brandon handled it very well.
Speaker 2: Yeah he didn't.
Speaker 3: Rand's a good dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he just kind of dude, but he didn't.
Speaker 3: Just take it right. It's good.
Speaker 2: Then we see this is where the weird peach Pie scene comes, where Claire and Donna show up at Kelly's Pie to go for one bite and then they.
Speaker 3: Leave and skidaddled so fad. She's like, I've gotta go and I've gotta go.
Speaker 2: Okay, what was the point of that scene? Does anybody know?
Speaker 3: I think to just keep the door, to have the hot doctor to come on. You're the hot doctor, the hot doctor, and she's like, mo, Mama told me to marry a doctor, Like is.
Speaker 2: Donna drunk in that scene? And she's like giddy off of the sugar from the pie.
Speaker 3: And the doctor. And then I think we're to see a little more of Tara, like a lot of Tara sort of Oh, I wish I had friends like.
Speaker 2: Yours and they're so great.
Speaker 3: Do you have?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So it was like kind of twofold scene, and I think we want to introduce the hot doctor.
Speaker 2: What's the deal with the hot doctor?
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure you date him later? He's cute, which I haven't. I can't remember enough to be like, how do they get around? How inappropriate that is? But I don't remember. And then Tara causes all kinds of problems.
Speaker 2: Doesn't that happen on every like hospital show? Somebody dates it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's on Shrinking right now. Harrison Ford starts dating his doctor. I'm all for it on that show. You'd like that show?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I like it. Let's see. Then we go back to California University.
Speaker 3: And we talk about this is the empty quad.
Speaker 2: Joe and his hard brother and Donna.
Speaker 3: Blah blah blah. She's like, I think that you just don't want to have the football career that you didn't have. Yeah, like Donna's psychoanalyzing, like how right she met this guy four seconds ago? She barely knows Joe.
Speaker 2: But okay, okay, we go back to each pit and then we see, uh that Steve is really trying to get clear back on the Oh my god.
Speaker 3: How about when he says, I'm gonna basically dump.
Speaker 2: You it's me. It's like I'm gonna ride alone if you don't.
Speaker 3: It was so.
Speaker 2: Is She said, Okay, that's not like correct because.
Speaker 3: He threatened her like I would have been. Claire would have been like no and now double.
Speaker 2: Now, and she'd be like bye huh.
Speaker 3: Instead she gets on the weird bike with a weird Claire helmet.
Speaker 2: And that's his outfit. David says to Valerie, you didn't wait long to hop on Colin.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, can we talk about Steve's motorcycle jacket with his white turtleneck? Oh god.
Speaker 2: The turtleneck.
Speaker 3: It's a white turtleneck.
Speaker 2: O white turtleneck when they ride a Harley. What are you talking about?
Speaker 3: It's not even a turtleneck sweater, guys, it's a thin layer what you wore for skiing in the eighties. It's left over from Yeah, I think I wore that with a sweater vest over it in the eighties. Anyway, the whole episode is nomenal. Keep coming.
Speaker 2: David says that don't. Colin's going to bring val down just like you did, Kelly and Valerie.
Speaker 3: Clearly yes, Kelly, so oh yeah, she's so strong, she's so fragile as a little little bird.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, Well sometimes I want to believe that. H On the road back home, Susan's.
Speaker 3: Good, She's sleeping, like it's so random, she's had it, and I don't really. First of all, I get it she was tired, but like, why why they weren't write that in Susan's sleeping Why?
Speaker 2: Maybe because it was very emotionally taxing for her, I guess yeah. And we also get to see what a good guy Brandon is that he let her sleep, you know, he's a good dude. And then guess what wrap it up? Tie that bow. Hank says goodbye to Joe and Donna and says that the family won't stand in the way of his surgery.
Speaker 3: You the bellman, You the bellman.
Speaker 2: How much do you think he's gonna tip that guy five dollars? Two bucks?
Speaker 3: Like? Literally, isn't suposed to be a dollar suitcase? Like, why are you making that guy carry that stuff?
Speaker 2: It's not a dollar suitcase anymore? Have you noticed?
Speaker 3: I try to give a twenty, like a.
Speaker 2: Twenty no, regardless of whatever it is. That's the tips.
Speaker 3: If I have one hundred backs, I probably get forty. I try to be generous. Well, yeah, I try not to use a bellman, though I don't. I don't want to use a bellman. I find it annoyment. I'd rather take a couple of times same. And it's just like I don't want to hurry up.
Speaker 2: And wait, y yeah, in my room, I want to like unzip and get it out and do my thing too.
Speaker 3: I'll just take two trips. I don't really stand hotels. Whatever if I did, I'll just carry it.
Speaker 2: And then we go to the best part of the whole show.
Speaker 3: Literally worth the price of admission. It is so good.
Speaker 2: I was like, wait, is this really happening. My favorite thing, not only one of my favorite things about living in LA is the chance that, oh my god, there's a police chase on Tipee. Everything in our house stops and we all stand in front of the TV like trans So.
Speaker 3: Sometimes so we don't really have them up here, or they don't televise them. No, so sometimes I'll get a text on my phone from KTLA that says like police pursuit, and then I literally try to watch it streaming because I want to watch it so bad. I'm like, these are and they never end any other way than.
Speaker 2: Caught, right, But it depends on like the level of intensity, like correct, But I've never seen someone escape. This was pretty good. This was very well shot. I thought it very well.
Speaker 3: I don't know what kind of this was expensive? What is he driving? What is that an old shoe box? Yeah? I remember those, but this was expensive. This had like multiple shots then panning to you guys. First of all, Claire and Steve know it's him, but how they know it's him?
Speaker 2: I feel like some of that was be like footage, because I think that they match that car to a car that they had footage of a car chase, oh way, because there's parts of when you see that from the aerial shot, the guy driving a car is clearly wearing a red jacket like something red and calling the red whoa. So my feeling is because how could they possibly afford to produce all of that with a helicopter shot on top of the rest of the episode.
Speaker 3: Although I actually probably think it wouldn't be that expensive. You get one helicopter, you shoot it, it might not be that expensive. That being said, First of all, it was absurd. He's in this weird, sketchy like dump and then the police are not chasing him, right. The police are coming in.
Speaker 2: They come in to like bust, what's happening inside?
Speaker 3: There was a car ahead. They were following some sort of sitting that.
Speaker 2: Like voiceover, and he's like, oh god, I have cocaine or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it was like, they're not after you, dude, They're not.
Speaker 2: After you out and then so then they follow on why.
Speaker 3: Didn't he just like open the door and dumb right, they weren't. They weren't after him, and then he escapes and then suddenly they're chasing him. But he had committed no crime that we know.
Speaker 2: Of he was holding a vial of cocaine.
Speaker 3: Amy, Okay, seriously break this down, right, If it was a drug bust, they wouldn't have been chasing that first car. So the cops pull in and they're chasing that like blue sedan, right, crazy driver, Yeah, pulls in and one cop car kind of blocks in Colin, and then Colin's like, oh no, I have coke. First of all, he has a very small amount of coke, so at worst he's busted for having coke. But he's not like a drug dealer, right. He then peels out and they forget the criminal they were chasing, and now they're chasing the van, who really, if this is the right word, ostendably did nothing wrong except leave this scary situation with all these police.
Speaker 2: They have no reason to be chasing him.
Speaker 3: But yet full chase, full o j chase. And then they are tim Yet I don't know what the crime is because.
Speaker 2: Well Eve just not pulling over the crime is, yeah, and also devading police dangerous though.
Speaker 3: Dumb, yet amazing.
Speaker 2: But then we see we see David is watching the news from the peach pit. Everybody happens to be watching the news at that very very moment waitress and she sees the news.
Speaker 3: She's better than a soap opera.
Speaker 2: And then Kelly sees it from the hospital.
Speaker 3: Hers with the tears just streaming down, and then we linger for a long time on Kelly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the moment I think where she's like, this is over, like she's I mean, I don't know what.
Speaker 3: He's in the next episode, complete mess. Also, that should have been your Emmy because it was really good. But also Tara is like, oh I love him.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, did you see the look on her face, like as she's watching Kelly and you're like, I don't smild she had this creepy like she was satisfied by it somehow.
Speaker 3: The whole thing was amazing. It was amazing all around the fact that Claire and Steve are watching and then they it's like they know they call Valerie, Well who is that? Just come? Look, it's like they know it's it's calling, Like on what world would you assume it's calling?
Speaker 2: And everyone's assuming in the car chase never never.
Speaker 3: And it's just so good, and it's just then they row him down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look, we were watching that. Lola said to me, Mom, what if that was Dave what if Dave was in the card, like we were watching the news and it was Dave Wull That'd be crazy.
Speaker 3: God, what would you do if you saw someone you know get just arrested thrown down on the cement street asphalt? Sorry, guess it's not cement asphalt.
Speaker 2: I do think he looked kind of cute though, when he was getting arrested.
Speaker 3: He did. I've seen that clip like maybe a lot of times. That guy's cute in real life. I remember him full third watch, but he's so awful in this And that's why I didn't care for him on third watch because I was like, Oh, you're so fault.
Speaker 2: Or is it the is it the character, the writing of the.
Speaker 3: Character, character, It's not his fault. Black Guy's probably a great guy.
Speaker 2: Amy, What do you give this episode?
Speaker 3: Ten? A ten plus A ten A ten plus plus.
Speaker 2: I didn't know what I was watching, but I loved it. Oh great, so good. Wait what's our next episode?
Speaker 3: Ooh?
Speaker 2: Season six, episode twenty four, Coming Out, Getting Out, Going Out?
Speaker 3: Whoa, Oh wow, I think some of us get out?
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: This was a great episode.
Speaker 2: Who was coming out?
Speaker 3: Nobody heating up?
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe Seed is coming out getting out?
Speaker 3: Going out. Alin'm getting out of jail, going out. No, maybe you're getting out of rehab.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of things happening. Oh money, Yep, it's gonna be good. Whatever.
Speaker 3: Man, this was a wild one. Oh wild.
Speaker 2: I'm so in now all of a sudden, middle of season, the middle of season.
Speaker 3: No, no, we're almost We've got like seven more episodes, so it's we're really kind of coming to the the height. We're gonna really watch Tara, Tara become unhinged. I think we're rid of callin pretty soon.
Speaker 2: Loved it, loved it ten ten, ten. The best line was from Brandon when he says I don't know Macbeth from McDonald's, and then he needs to recite Shakespeare to the dogs, so go figure.
Speaker 3: I just loved it all, loved it all.
Speaker 2: We love you guys, Thank you for listening.
Speaker 3: Hit me up about the car party. Hit me up about the car party.
Speaker 2: Oh God, please please make it stop. Okay,