Speaker 1: Some people go to Disney to experience what it's like to live in a walkable city, and I think, like just going to downtown Disney and waiting for the for the parade to happen is like what, They're just living like people in America. Yeah, they're just like what that must have been cool to just like sit around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like, did you do you have an annual pass?
Speaker 1: Is that? Like? No, No, I paid two hundred dollars to do.
Speaker 3: I'm here for the community.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm here to be for the community. That's completely lacking elsewhere. They should have like an old timey library, and shit they do.
Speaker 4: It's the Beast's Library a beast well I think they just closed it down this year.
Speaker 2: But yeah, they have the Beast's Library, which was literally a library, not really with books, but with like games and stuff you could do.
Speaker 3: I remember that. And the kids are in there and they're like ill words on pages?
Speaker 1: What the fuck is this? Also?
Speaker 3: Shouldn't it be L's library?
Speaker 1: I know, right, yeah, the like but the library actually passed to him once they got married. Ye belongs to the beast.
Speaker 3: Now she's not allowed to read. I mean they don't talk about that in Beauty and the Beast too.
Speaker 1: Yes, we're no longer allowed to read. That's part of this agreement. It is kind of funny that, like one of their biggest heads, Beauty of the Beast, has like a whole five minute song right at the beginning where she's essentially making fun of the type of people who like go to Disney. In a lot of cases, that's just like these fucking idiots read the classics.
Speaker 3: Gaston has this has a season passed for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Gaston goes to Disney and gets too drunk, and everyone's just like, oh.
Speaker 2: Man, there's when I used to work at Power one oh six, there was this one manager, like artist manager who really was only managing like kind of like lower tier artists. He would always come in and he was like tight with some of the people there, so he was always able to like they would always buzz him into the station and all he was he was so into Disney.
Speaker 1: This like older, like.
Speaker 2: Fifty five year old black dude, and he was like, man, I was just at Disney, man Gathdon, the Gaston they got he had this list, but he was like the Gaston man. He was doing so many push ups, man, and this guy he was he like worked with NWA like back in the day, but he was so into Disney like that he would come in. We were like, oh, you got a new artist whatever. He's like, man, you're not gonna believe what I saw Disney.
Speaker 1: Later, would you say if I wanted to bring that Gaston on the radio? Yeah, yeah, yeah he believe in the magic. Yeah he did.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile, that Gaston was pursued for months by that gentleman like he was like, I had a stalker once.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this guy he kept talking about how you used to work with NWA. I only did ten push ups. You could be an ice. Hello the Internet, and welcome to season four to eleven, Get your information here, Episode four of Dirt. Out of these guys? What's the production to Buy Heart Radio? It's a podcast where we take a deep dive into America's share consciousness. And it's Thursday, October twenty third, twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: Ten twenty three. Good buddy, It's National Horror Movie Day. It's National Boston Cream Pie Day. That's my favorite kind of donut. Is this gonna say that?
Speaker 1: I just love to fucking it the custard. It's too custardy to be need. I need more sugar in that filling. Oh man.
Speaker 2: Anyway, it's a hey, the swallows are departing from San Juan Capistrano Day. I don't even know that was a full part. It's also National TV talk show host Day. I think that we count as that, and it's iPod.
Speaker 1: Day, Wow throw back.
Speaker 2: Get out your iPod namos, get out your iPod touch whatever you have, get them there.
Speaker 3: I know you have them in a drawer somewhere that you've been meaning to take to the recycling electronic recycling center. Yep, but you don't, so just sits in that drawer.
Speaker 1: I had that.
Speaker 2: One wacky, super tiny iPod that didn't have a screen, look like a stick of gum that had like a clip on it. Then you could like And I only had the system of a down Toxicity album on it for when I drove back from working raves, because if I listened to it would keep me from falling asleep, because I would just power through the whole album screaming very specific.
Speaker 3: Isn't that beautiful? Like if I went to a rave at the age I am now, there's no way in hell I would sleep. But like when you're eighteen you're like, oh, I'm I'm tired. Now I'm like, I'm over stimulated.
Speaker 1: I feel like nothing has beat the tactile experience of like that circular scroll on the iPod. Like since then, like there hasn't been a yeah where it's like you're scrolling, you're rolling down down your songs and it's given like the little clicks as it goes.
Speaker 2: Was that our downfall when we switched from the physical jog wheel to the test we peaked?
Speaker 1: Yeah, something to be said for wheels, underrated wheels, A shout out to them.
Speaker 3: Underrated own music. Remember when you could actually like buy a CD, make it an MP three, and then own it without having a subscription service.
Speaker 1: Oh apparent, Leah, I'm gonna let you hold that for a second. Yeah, yeah, yeah, situation. Every piece of music that I love.
Speaker 2: There are albums that I bought, like in the early days of the iTunes store that now they're like, bro, we lost our license agreement for that album, so thanks for the two bucks back then.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, motherfucker, what.
Speaker 3: That's not how capitalism works.
Speaker 1: Well, it turns out that's what they say at stage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sorry, stage, it's something else now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, late stage is all about the fine print. All right, my name is Jack O'Brien. Akay, knock knock, knocking on butthole doors man. That one courtesy of David Lesser.
Speaker 3: Someone's got to knock on them and lessons.
Speaker 1: In reference to our conversation yesterday about the term fart knocker and where it comes, Oh yeah, I want tomber. I'm imagining it's homophobic. Probably, Yeah, that's how they That's how they imagine transactional gay sex happens, is that people just like go up and knock on the butt, and that's how that's how they do it. Dude, I don't know, man, That's what my pastor said at the sermon. I I was assuming because there used to be a thing called engine knock where like the gas like I think it was before they had really locked in the formula for gasoline and so engines would like not like have like combustion problems that would like knock, so as well as maybe it was related to that, like somebody who holds their fart so long that they're like.
Speaker 3: Okay, very weard humble brag of how of combustion engine knowledge.
Speaker 1: That's just like do not bring the student Baker, there's nothing at all humble about how I feel about my knowledge of early engine troubles.
Speaker 2: The early Some people like to look up the troubles. I'm all about early engine trouble.
Speaker 1: Early engine troubles. By the way, I was talking about how your husband has gifted me Francesca with the phrase I'm gonna I want to fight me Da. It's like his impression of Irish people. Very offensive. I don't like it, but I can't stop saying it, and now my seven year old keeps saying it, So it is an impression that has invaded my household. So you can you can thank him into a sincere desire to fight his dog. I know. I think it's just like deep in my blood. I think it's both very funny, because Matt is very funny. But Brian, is that connecting deeply within the DNA inside of every Irishman that they deeply want to fight there?
Speaker 3: Have you been to the home country, the Motherland?
Speaker 1: I have? Yeah, did not get it. I did not fight. They're like, what the fuck I want to have? The only that I was from just expecting that I was gonna immediately like howeople think it's going to be like get jumped in gang war, Welcome home. You got to fight this guy. He's your cousin, he's your dog. Uh. Thrilled to be joined as always, buy my co host, mister Miles.
Speaker 2: Grad Miles Grand Game.
Speaker 1: What's on your head? On your head?
Speaker 5: Murking, murking murkin?
Speaker 2: That part is really underrated part anyway. Shout out to Battie on the Spectrum for that one on the discord, because I was talking about, yeah, what if you just rocked the murkin on top and had like a pubic tupe for your dome piece?
Speaker 1: Wouldn't look good?
Speaker 2: Or would it help crowdfund my campaign to buy a murkin?
Speaker 1: Trying to think who had like a Murcan hairdo? Like did Sly from sling the family stone at some point like have a very small strip at the top.
Speaker 2: I feel like, oh, he had a mohawk. I feel like like you mean like Ladder Day, Ladder Day Sly? Yeah, yeah, yeah, he had like a blonde. He had the blonde mohawk for sure.
Speaker 3: So so disturbing to the Murcan story is very disturbing to me.
Speaker 1: Late breaking Mercan News. Yeah, Miles, we are thrilled, honored, blessed to be joined in our third seat by a brilliant comedian, writer, journalist, activist you know from places like Al Jazeera, MSNBC America, Unhinged on Zateo, and from the podcast Thebituation Room. It's Francesca Forantina.
Speaker 3: Hey, aka Natural Murkin.
Speaker 1: You sure damn looks incredible. You're not going to believe this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't believe it's Hi, guys, thanks for having me here.
Speaker 1: I am yeah, wonderful to have you once again. Back is the incredible. How are you doing? How have you been beyond just having to reconcile? The market is the latest time.
Speaker 3: I just feel like having a kid is really inconvenient to fighting fascism, And I'm just like you, you.
Speaker 2: Need to ruining it, Yes, ruining it.
Speaker 1: Like the priorities are so fucked up, they're so selfish.
Speaker 3: They're so selfish, and I'm just like, I can't always bring you to the demos, I can't bring you everywhere, I can't always stay out like you know, but I'm also like I am it's very funny if I were like wealthy enough to have a nanny or a babysitter every time Mama wanted to go out, and like fight the revolution. You know, there's something about that. But I do think, and you know, coming from the activist world, that every organizing entity should have childcare. And in fact, some of my dearest friends practiced that in New York City back in the early two thousands and were like started a childcare collective for you know, mostly women of color run and lead grassroots organizations, and so that's very important.
Speaker 1: Get that going again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just feel like there should be a bounce house at the end of the march or in the shade somewhere where you can just again, oh, stick the kid, you go do the rah ra, you know. And yeah, they weren't noise canceling headphones, and it's.
Speaker 1: All good, exactly. Man, bounce houses are can can go thunder domesque though, that's shit, especially when I get in there, you know what I'm saying, Yeah, I guess ugly. All right, Francisco, we're going to get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, we're going to tell the listeners a couple of the things that we're talking about. More secret Nazis, more secret Nazi tattoos in the news. These motherfuckers can't stop having secret Nazi pasts. They are like running for office and like actively involved in being like I want to represent lots of people. So we'll talk about that. We'll talk about the results continue to roll in from ICE loosening their training on how like what you need to do to get out there and start harming people and kidnapping people, and yeah, we're seeing consequences. So we'll talk about that. We'll talk about a story that is part of a trend that I want it. We're not going to get to the bottom of it today, but I do have questions and we'd love to listen, love to hear from our listeners about if they have any experience in this. But another coroner was caught hoarding corpses, and yet again, like this is the thing that happens every once in a while, and I'm just curious, why does this keep happening? Is it just like emails backing on you know what I mean, Like it's just like too too much work, and they're just like, I guess we could just push that one back to the back of the pile. So we'll talk about all of that plenty more. But first, Francesca, we do like to ask our guests what is something from your search history that is revealing about who you are?
Speaker 3: This is so embarrassing.
Speaker 4: Oh I'm a big Cardi B fan. I have tickets to her first show back after giving birth in February, so we'll see how that goes.
Speaker 3: I like the new album a lot. I think it's great. I didn't love it the first listen through, but the second listen I was like, this is amazing, still very good. Anyway, I've been watching a lot of Cardi B interviews and she was on one interview with Angie Martinez and I was just looking at her watch and I was like, damn, that's a nice watch. And I was like trying to zoom in and I couldn't find you know, like, what is this watch?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 3: So I was like really into the watch. It was like big, chunky and white, and I realized, yes, I finally found it, and it is a two point five million dollar watch. That's boy. Some guy's names boys, it's whatever.
Speaker 1: So then Richard Richard.
Speaker 3: Million dollar watch. Now, of course, this takes my love of her down because I'm like, nobody needs a two and a half million dollar watch, you know, blah blah blah. I'm you know, but I did search chunky white watch and realized that, you know, for the rubes out there who just want to watch, that looks like a nice watch.
Speaker 1: I just pointing to a chunky white watch on our own wrist.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of dupes out there here, so I'm a total dupe, and I like. I like it. It's it's white, it's light, and it's guess.
Speaker 2: Let me see that. Let me see that. Bring that close. To bring that close to grandmother's eyes so I.
Speaker 3: Can look again if you can't focus on it. But it's like I got the clear watch.
Speaker 1: It's guest. Branch's not asking you to guess. Oh yeah, let me bring it close. Yeah, Richard mill Yeah, that was a joke. If anybody laughed at that joke, that was a joke from the Brady Bunch movie that I just stole there. So wow, where she's always jeans, are those? And she says guess and she goes, okay, Lee LEVI, yeah, no it is.
Speaker 3: I haven't bought something from Guess, I think since I was like seventeen, So this is very like I I like the watch. It's fine, it's cute. It is definitely a like I saw Cardi B on an interview and I don't have two and a half million dollars.
Speaker 2: Funny, I did never clogged Cardi B to be one of your style icons, because you don't dress like Cardi B at all your.
Speaker 1: Energy on you.
Speaker 3: I need some ribs removed first and putting I don't know where else some I guess inner thigh weight into my ass. The point is, you know.
Speaker 1: The ribs in your ass, knock on that thing, you know.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not my satellite on. But I was needing a new watch, and I just you know, so I was like chunky watch, and I feel like Google or Duck dut go, which I use knew that I was looking for a very dupe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey don't dot go.
Speaker 2: I mean you can find Chky, so many people do. Like you could have found one that is pretty much like a just a direct ripoff of that. Oh yeah, if you really wanted to have that, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: I could, I know, but that would have been like what like five hundred thousand or something like people you get.
Speaker 2: That shit on the gate for like fucking like eighty bucks.
Speaker 3: Okay, anyway, the right I don't know what the Google's dh.
Speaker 2: Gate okay, this is where the Chinese websites where you get all the counterfeit merchandise.
Speaker 1: I feel like the world of reps has been under publicized because it is really like the very foundation of capitalism wobbles under its weight under replicas, the most expensive of shoes, like the My wife, for I think our anniversary, bought me these shoes that were like my Grail sneakers, the Union Guaba Ice Jordan Force, and I was wearing them. Miles was there, he can attest to this in Las Vegas and a teenager walked up to me and goes and goes nice reps. No, laughed. So not only not only like can you fool people by getting the reps, but if you are stupid enough to spend the money on the nice thing that you covet, people are gonna think they're reps anyways, you might as well just get the fucking reps.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, So he wasn't like he just clocked you with someone who didn't wasn't able to get the rep. It was able to get the original.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was just trying to because reps are so pervasive and they look some of them are so good.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, And there was a sneaker convention in town, so he was like, but like the fact that there was a sneaker convention in town at the time means that he was like he was really saying fuck you, because he was like, look at this rube who just bought some reps, like at the sneaker convey you chase him out, Like, no, not, they're actually real.
Speaker 2: I mean, like to your point, it's really interesting. Just like his as somebody who loves sneakers but hates paying just like insane amounts of money. I'm like, yeah, I'll buy fakes because I'm not about to pay fucking five hundred dollars for persnager. I'll pay it a hundred from somewhere else. Yeah, but like it it's it's it's broken the brains of like hype beast brand focused people who are like the whole point is like you don't want to like why spend for the cheap thing, like you want to spend like the twelve hundred dollars on the other thing, Like that's the.
Speaker 1: Whole point of it. You're like, it actually isn't.
Speaker 2: And look how pressed you are because somebody just showed up with the thing that looks like the thing that costs two thousand dollars or whatever it's I mean.
Speaker 3: I'm not into Like when I did go to China, they did take us like part of the tour when I visit. I can't remember if I was outside of Beijing. They took us to a place that was like, you know, number one, First of all, you ever tried to like not buy something, you know, like just a place that's like nothing but dupes and reps and like whatever, like fakes, knockoff shit. It's impossible. You cannot make eye contact with any vendors because they'll.
Speaker 1: Be like, buy my glasses please. I saw you looking.
Speaker 3: I saw you looking, and you're.
Speaker 1: Like, oh my god, oh my god.
Speaker 3: But I will say, like I'm not someone who's ever been into brands. I don't. I really don't care. Like I understand occasionally occasionally be like oh, like the logo whatever whatever, but it really is about like, no, the style is nice. It's a nice style.
Speaker 2: It's a well the way it looks anyway, I just put it in the chat. Look at that dupe that's thirteen bucks off the gate.
Speaker 3: Shut up, yes, this looks exactly like what I have there.
Speaker 2: You go you know what I mean, yeah, save your coins, save your coins question for the.
Speaker 1: What's something you think is underrated?
Speaker 3: Underrated? Is the Epstein survivors. I just feel like we keep on talking about like the Epstein files, and don't get me wrong, they should come out. It's very important. But also all of the survivors are like, yeah, so, anyway, Prince Andrew raped me multiple times. Yeah, yeah, exactly. It's like, we know we need a list. Were like, yeah, anyway. Stacy Williams, former Sports Illustrated model who dated Epstein, was like, yeah, you know, he and Trump were best friends. And Trump groped me in an elevator, like, and Epstein was watching and laughing the whole time. Like all of the survivors have the names, have the people can testify to the links, especially between Donald Trump and Jeffrey Epstein. Do you think that even when the files are released unredacted, like, we will ever know the connections between Trump and Epstein, like from the FBI, Nor will we know what Trump's own FBI in the year twenty seventeen to twenty twenty seventeen twenty eighteen did when it raided Trump's I've said this last time I was on rated Trump's I mean Epstein's home, stole, you know, incriminating evidence from Epstein's vault, Epstein's safe. We're not going to find any of that stuff. Just listen to the survivors. Listen to the victims, like, oh, hold this whole were there?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Who were there?
Speaker 1: They are?
Speaker 3: They're still around. They're like, hey, I'm I'm here, and it's like, okay, we want to list.
Speaker 2: I wonder if they're like part of me. It feels like if it's tactical, because it's like, why come out and say it until it's absolutely necessary. I'm wondering like if they if the files don't get released, and the next thing is to actually have these people testify publicly or something. Because when they when they were on Capitol Hill with Rocanna, everything that was being implied, and Trump was having planes fly overhead, I was like.
Speaker 1: You think he's not worried about them. He was buzzing them with fighters. Yes.
Speaker 2: One of the women was that English woman who Epstein hooked him up with, and then, as the British Tablet said, Trump had her installed in his Manhattan apartment and you're like okay, and that one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, no, yeah, so I'm just like, and I think they will be testifying. I think you're right, Miles, that's probably what's next. But I do feel like even then, it won't be satisfactory to like the you know, like, but if Hillary Clinton's name isn't mentioned, it's not real, right, and some of that bass anecdotally. I know mag is turning on Trump over the files, so I and I think they know it. That's why the government is still shut down. That's why they're scared.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So but we will see, we will see, we will because we have a story about mister Wonderful and he's got a really good defense of why why we need to move on from the Epstein files that we're going to talk about later on. But first, Francesca, what is something you think is overrated?
Speaker 3: Overrated? Is the ceasefire between Israel and Hamas because it's not actually holding h Israel has violated it time and time again and exactly and and they've admitted to that. And it's like, okay, but but Trump did it. Yay, give them credit, And it's like, how fucking removed do you have to be to understand that this is not over it? And I also think you know, again, what's setting in Is this the pre October seventh sort of ignoring of what's happening in Palestine, whether in the West Bank or in Gaza.
Speaker 1: We get to ignore that. Now there was a story about a ceasefire, we digested that story, we get to ignore it. It is as Americans.
Speaker 3: Were released, right, And I mean, really everything is the same except for Israel's excuse to continue doing it. So why are they continuing to do it? And you see aid trucks are coming in, but it is a drop in the bucket. And then you realize that, oh, Israel's always put on a diet, that's their words, in order to effectively slowly genocide them, to starve them, to kill them all the like the New York Times doing correction. Oh sorry, we called this person dying of famine. They actually had a pre existing condition. What was that living under an occupation?
Speaker 1: Malnutrition mal exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So you know, it's it's just, you know, it's upsetting to hear people in your life, friend's family, whomever, you know, sort of talk about the ceasefire. Is like, I hope it's gonna hold, or I hope it's hope. We yeah, well, you could also just get the reason four.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Trump, Trump's already sent the Bbsitters Club over with Vance and Marco Rubio to try and be like, hey, like can you Trump's like really worried that you're going to like start this thing up again, because you are starting it up again.
Speaker 3: At least they're sending a bb Sitters Club, I mean to be let's be fair, Biden Biden did not. Biden's like, I trust him what's in his heart? And you're like, what's in his heart is blood?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, I mean that's the thing about Biden v. Trump is like Trump is an unmitigated you know, narcissist. You know, he hates he's a he hates racist. Yeah, he hates Palestinians, he hates Muslims. But Biden's a Zionist and like so.
Speaker 1: He's meaning he was in it to the death.
Speaker 3: Like he's cut stars in his eyes. You know, he thinks somehow this is justified. Anyway. That's what I'm that's what's overrated.
Speaker 1: We were to say that's what I'm bitching about.
Speaker 3: Yes I did.
Speaker 1: I was, Okay, it's not it's.
Speaker 3: Miles was just on my show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, we're just gonna go check it out. Take the double feature to Summer Lea. Yes, all right, let's take a quick break. We'll come back. We'll talk about all these Nazi things that keep coming out. Wellings Jack, Nazi tings.
Speaker 5: Nazi tings, and we're back.
Speaker 1: This is actually this is like one of those thought experiments about a tree falling in the woods, stuff like that one hand clapping. If it has a Nazi tattoo but is running as a Democrat, you can't be Nazi. Is it still Nazi?
Speaker 2: Is it Nazi? I don't know, Yazi.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So there's currently a heat or I don't know how heated it is now, but there is a contest developing for one of main Senate seats, specifically for local concerned woman Susan Collins. A local oyster farmer and veteran named Graham Plattner made waves when he got into the race because he was talking that populous shit and railing against billionaires, and people were.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, doesn't take much. Doesn't take much to make waves, just freaking say that the most down the middle meatball. The fact that not everybody is saying that is malpracticed. Yeah, yeah, fire this idea that this guy has.
Speaker 2: Right what So then the establishment, the Democratic establishment, got their pick in the race in the form of main Governor Janet Mills. And when she entered, Platner was pointing out, He's like, look, just so you know her getting in the ratios, they're scared of me because I'm an outsider and I'm going to do like I'm I'm talking something completely different.
Speaker 1: I'm a boat rocker.
Speaker 2: Well, some pretty disturbing news came out in the last week when it was a real that this guy has a fucking Nazi tattoo on his chest, specifically the SS Totenkov, which is that fucking skull and crossbones thing. If you've seen it, hopefully you'll be like that kind of looks evilsh It doesn't look like a you know, like the one piece skulling crossbones I see in the anime or fucking a pirate flag. Platner naturally went on Pod Save America to discuss his Nazi chest start because apparently he was He's like, he was trying to get ahead of ops of like Oppo research, to be like, look I got this, maybe maybe let me just get out here. So this is this I was described Platter first publicly admitted he had the tattoo on his chest during an appearance on Positive America last week, after images of it had surfaced on social media. He claimed he got the tattoo in two thousand and seven while he was quote very inebriated on leave with some fellow Marines in Croatia.
Speaker 1: Quote we chose, we.
Speaker 3: Chose in Croatia.
Speaker 2: Come, yeah, no, don't no need to look up what might have been happening in Croatia during World War Two either, He said, quote we chose a terrifying skull and crossbones off the wall because we were Marines and skulls and crossbones are pretty standard military thing.
Speaker 1: And then we all moved on with our lives.
Speaker 2: He again denies holding any kind of anti Semitic beliefs. He said, quote, I'm not a secret Nazi. Actually, if you read through my Reddit comments, I think i'm pretty much too on my chest.
Speaker 1: I'm not a secret Nazi.
Speaker 2: I think you can pretty much figure out where I stand on Nazism and anti Semitism and racism in general.
Speaker 1: Is He pointing to Reddit comments.
Speaker 2: Because his Reddit comments, people found his dit account and were like, what the fuck is this guy posting? Like he was posting shit like, well, why don't black people tip okay and said sexual assault victims should quote take some responsibility for themselves and not get so fucked up they wind up having sex with someone they don't mean to.
Speaker 1: Or like getting a Nazi tattoo or something.
Speaker 3: This is this is like, you know, I have a lot of thoughts on this story because I am, on the one hand, I actually really do support the you know, the economic populist message, and I think it's really important. I think main it can be purple in you know, in some places. And I think he being an outsider is good. I think running as an independent is even better. I know he's running for you know, obviously as a Democrat, and I don't think Janet Mills is the worst corporate democrat. Now, there might be stuff in her past. I'm got her open secrets up. I'm not seeing apac.
Speaker 1: I'm not seeing it is probably the bigger thing because she was seventy nine. I think by the time she'd and that.
Speaker 3: Is a huge thing. I mean, being an old ass senator is pretty pretty bad. You you know, senators just kind of stay and then they sort of die, and then they don't like them there's a special.
Speaker 1: Election and they don't know what they're voting for. You, they do like to freeze up, freeze up every once in a while they knew, or fall.
Speaker 3: Down, yeah, but you know, or dyeing office. I mean, look, but Jana Mills also with someone who's like one of the first governors who stood up to Trump as he like called Maine out around I think trans athletes in sports, and she's sort of stepped to some of her legislators who don't agree with her in terms of allowing trans athletes to participate. Blah blah, blah blah. She's not the worst person, is what I'm trying to say. But of course, anyone who's humor endorses is like, Okay, here's the thing about Graham Platner. I don't know if I believe the Nazi tattoo is something you pick off a wall, but also so many dumbfucks in the world do that exact same thing. Is just pick some shit off a wall and are like, oh, this says you know, I love anal and Chinese. Okay, you know what I mean? Like that, that's a challenge exactly. So now here's what I will say. The last thing is I don't know if he should be senator. And the reason I say that is because again, senators have an incredible, outsized, ridiculous amount of power. The Senate is the most undemocratic body in our country. And I have seen the way that Kirsten Cinema that John Fetterman that these characters right, is it John? Yeah, and never call him by his first name. But like, these characters were independents, they were outsiders, they were upstarts, and then very easily sort of became corrupted, lost their minds in different ways. And I do think I'm not someone who believes in pecking order, but lately, with the experience of outsider Senate candidates, I've been having a bit of heart palpitations around someone getting to.
Speaker 1: This is just like the pressure inside the office inside the Senate is so great that it's just like you get in there and immediately it's like putting on the ring and Lord of the rings.
Speaker 3: You're just like, yes, that is exactly what it's like. It is. It needs to be reformed, it needs to be dismantled.
Speaker 1: So that's why you need a lifelong like someone who's part who this is part of their cause. Like part of their identity and not something that they've recently, like started hinting towards.
Speaker 3: I think they have to be time tested and have held office before. And I just feel like I'm not quite sure he's ready for the Senate. And I'm being totally honest that, like, I would love to see an economic populace in the Senate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we need it. It does seem like a pretty kind of low hanging fruit, like anybody could do it, but the Democratic Party just refuses to allow them to, I guess or pre candidates who were willing to.
Speaker 2: Like the hard part is like you had a Nazi tattoo for a really long time in your campaign manager who resigned says that he's a he's into World War two history. So is it that, like I get the I totally understand fucking up and being in a completely dark place. I don't think any person who has like their head on their shoulders would ever say they were a fully formed person forever.
Speaker 1: And had all the right takes. I certainly didn't came out like this, Okay.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, I came out like this, but like.
Speaker 1: Old combustion engines, boring child, do you know the model t oh my god, here goes.
Speaker 2: But like it's that's the part where I'm like, how long did it take?
Speaker 1: Did you know? Or was it a thing?
Speaker 2: Where then you there's there one version where like you're.
Speaker 1: Like, oh shit, this is a Nazi tattoo. I don't even want to fuck his shoulders.
Speaker 2: To somebody to get it removed. Do I just keep this as my dark secret? He's now saying he's getting it covered with another tattoo because like removal options are.
Speaker 1: Now limit where he's at.
Speaker 2: Yeah, on some level, that's just like what I'm kind of like, God, why do why do all these people have to have somehow be adjacent to this ship.
Speaker 1: Or anyway this and this is like very conspiracy conspiratorial thinking, but that they like let people like do like get pick up steam. Then the Democratic Party like recon knows about this. They let somebody pick up steam, and then they're like haha, and then they leak the fact that they have not.
Speaker 3: It's just like so to get people excited about something and then.
Speaker 1: So that they can continually undercut the idea of economic populism so that it seems like man, anytime one of these economic populist pops up they've got a dark secret in their past. I don't put it past them. The only thing about that is that it would require quite a bit of competence on behalf of the Democratic Party that I don't know that I've seen them possess otherwise, I mean.
Speaker 2: Just generally, I mean, like they know they're going to do their research on anyone they're curious about in associate if they especially if you become an op so on some level they probably have it. And you know, like campaigns sit on opposition research until and they figure out when to deploy it based on how things are going. So I mean it's not totally out of the realm of possibility.
Speaker 3: I I yeah, I mean I just think that, like we have to move, we definitely have to make space for people to like apologize for their past up for sure. Yeah, And and and I think it matters that you know, he is a white guy. I'm not sure you know, people would be so generous if he was a woman, a person of color, Like, I don't know. And yet I'm like, if you're in Maine and want to vote for Grand Planner, hold him accountable, make sure he doesn't go to the Feederman route.
Speaker 1: But I think one of those.
Speaker 2: We knew Fetterman pulled a shotgun on a black guy, no for no reasons.
Speaker 1: There another sign to me. I was like mm hmm yeah.
Speaker 2: And he's like, Dawn, look, I was whacked out.
Speaker 1: I'm like, bro, you you're you're the type of person to even do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have question marks. You're the type of person and not know you're getting a totin cough tattoo. I look, I get the dumb tattoo thing, but for letting it cook this many years or something, I'm a little bit like, but again.
Speaker 1: It is, it is.
Speaker 2: It's sort of it is deflating because you're like, this is the kind of messaging you need for candidates who are going up to unseat these establishment Republicans or Democrats whatever, Like this is the kind of messaging. It's just unfortunate that this guy didn't have a shit together enough to like maybe get the tattoo like removed before you ran for office, so then you could be like, oh, yeah, I had that shit remove man. That was that was an l oh my god.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah. Yeah. I will say going back to something that recent guest Tim Batt said about the idea of trying a system of politics where power is kind of given jury duty style at random to different people because the people who seek power have weird shit going on with them almost as a rule. Yes, Like it's interesting because we're also seeing just like a huge epidemic of Republican operatives and politicians. You know that they just had Trump's nominee for to lead a key US federal watchdog agency. I have to in Gia have to drop out because he had sent in this group chat. I've got a bit of a Nazi streak, Like it's like.
Speaker 6: This, I like you said that people who are Nazi, I don't call me, I got me guys, But it's people who have a fascination with the Nazi party keep showing up not.
Speaker 1: Really on both sides, but like there is one now on the Democratic side. But it's like this is a party that worshiped power for power's sake. So it like makes sense that people who are very ambitious and like going after power in any political sense that they can find it would like be like ten seventy percent more like to be like, man, the Nazi shure, we're interesting, huh just.
Speaker 2: Power.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, I'm just just fascinated with their machinery, the technology. Yeah, it's the technio, the embroidered napkins that I collect. No, I do think though, with the Ingrassia like unnomination that shows progress. Look, we're like a week out of these Republican young Republicans text messages being leaked, the vile ship that they were saying, and JD. Vance is telling us that they were just kids, which they weren't and it doesn't matter and.
Speaker 1: We shouldn't get upset about it.
Speaker 3: But this is this is revealing. But actually internally it did cause they know it looks bad. Their whole thing is plausible deniability white nationalism. So this, you know, you can't give up the game just yet. You know, they haven't completed the fascist takeover. They're working on it, and it's like surprise, we're Nazis. I mean grass he is not going to go away. He's going to be part of the inner circle. He's just not going to have the role that you know, the official rule confirmed.
Speaker 1: Yeah it doesn't like it's actually, but the Republican side is in a war between plausible deniability white nationalism and implausible deniability nationalism where they're just like so obvious. Yeah, it doesn't need like we just need to say that. It's that we're denying it, but it's obvious to both sides that we're actually saying, go fuck yourself.
Speaker 3: Well, it's the Greg Guttfeld, you know, like, well, well why don't we just be the n word?
Speaker 1: Yea, the Nazis just own it. I mean Trump gave that speech when he was the Charlie Kirk thing where he was bragging about how good he moved his head to avoid being assassinated. I think during that same speech he also was like talking about Stephen Miller, and he was like, you know, I stand behind his beliefs. Well, I can't say yeah, I can't say publicly. It's like he's just openly being like, this guy's a Nazi.
Speaker 3: No, he said. He's like, you know, I love to watch it, but not not too much because I don't think we all want to know what he's got to say.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're not gonna lie. It's pretty shocking stuff, he said. Shocking Trump like, what the fuck boy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's got a bit of a Nazi.
Speaker 1: Uh. Anyway, that's not see that's the word, right, that's yeah. All right, let's take a quick break. We'll be right back and we're back, and continued fallout from ICE having to lower their standards when it comes to bringing in new agents. Yeah, we talked on yesterday's episode about how firearms training. They're like, we'll just like kind of YadA YadA through that one, that Fourth.
Speaker 2: Amendment training, like specifically fucking the most live in parts of sending someone out there with a gun to fucking harassed people. It's like, well, here's just know this about the rights of people and how to use gun. So there was a fucking another ICE goon rayd happening in Los Angeles where you know, they're out chasing people merely for being brown on Tuesday and in their frenzy of smashing into people's cars because that's their new favorite tactic, and to disappear them because then they're.
Speaker 1: Like, we rammed us.
Speaker 2: It's like, uh, I don't anyway, shit went left and they the fucking cops ended up shooting each other on accident.
Speaker 1: Quote.
Speaker 2: Investigators believe shots were fired after an ICE agent came up to the suspects vehicle stop, saying suspect first of all, right, and smashed the window using their service weapon, according to c and then the agent's weapon is believed to have discharged during an attempt to grab the suspect, striking both the suspect and the deputy marshal in the process. So he shot off of the marshall's finger and then shot this other person, this person who was presumably just Brown, in the elbow.
Speaker 1: They're such highly trained weapon experts that they don't remember to not grab someone with the gun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, no, legit, legit, like this is this is going to keep happening. I mean, it has happened, It's going to keep happening. We've seen them in Chicago throw tear gas canisters on themselves, like while they're stuck in a car in traffic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you are.
Speaker 2: The family running out with their child in the car seat to get away from the tear gas.
Speaker 1: I'm like, this is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean, honestly, like it's really interesting because I've I've only been I've protested a lot. In the early two thousands, they were not unleashing the tear gas on people. And the way they started to in a round, you know, when Trump came into office, because that they didn't dis they didn't disperse occupy with tear gas, but tear gas really became a thing. I remember my first protest with tear gas, which I was like, what is this was? You know, I mean the OPD Oakland Police has been doing that for a while, but I was like, shit, this is like blocks long that tear gas will affect you. It should be banned. Fuck tear gas, We should like ban it. It should be you know, internationally banned. Blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: But like they'll keep shooting themselves with it so often that they have to Yeah, just like but you've seen them.
Speaker 3: They'll arrest people, they will detain people, they will disappear people, and then there's always a moment where like one dude is like grabbing his gun, you know, and you're like but but not sure to grab it, not sure whether And it's like that is that is what we call no training. If you ever thought there could be less training than cops, Like you're looking at it. It's like they're not sure whether to put out their gun or whether whether to when to hold it or whatnot. These are all like hordes of sad dads who at home have unlocked firearms within reach of their own children.
Speaker 1: Like that's there was one.
Speaker 2: Where the guy fucking dropped his gun while he was trying to apprehend someone. It's just loose on the ground and bystanders like, bro, you're.
Speaker 1: Gun and he's like, oh, they always look so like hurried and just like it's also haphazards and fucking no.
Speaker 3: Can they get the missile launchers? They won't have to use their guns.
Speaker 2: Anymore because the warheads will be guided. Yes, because they have those armament systems available to them. It sounds like most of the spending has been for bulletproof vests and guns and rifles, but they still have plenty more cash to spend on things they absolutely do not need.
Speaker 3: Well, Christinome is getting luxury jets.
Speaker 2: Well these are twenty five year old jets. And you know you're you're the Christinome, You're the Christine over the.
Speaker 1: Five year old p j. It's disgusting, disgusting, fucking like the leather's cracking on one of the seats. It's like, looks like a ghetto uber. Do you guys not even condition this leather? Fuck? Is this all right? There's a story out of Pueblo County, Colorado that I just want to hear some theories. Maybe we can do a little bit of rey. When I brought this up, you were I didn't even know this. This is the thing that we've seen before where it's a scandal erupts because a coronor coronor coron I keep calling a coronor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, has just do less, do less with do less with the o's it's.
Speaker 1: Corner corner, corner, the corner. A corner has been high like hoarding bodies and like not for like a couple months that like this dude was had bodies that were fifteen years old.
Speaker 2: So this County corner had to resign because they were discovering. This is just in August, investigators found twenty four decomposing bodies behind a cardboard door.
Speaker 1: That's that's where it comes from, right, So my my theory is this keeps happening because they're lazy and like the way like you'll get your inbox will get on top of you for a day and you're like, fuck, I never like got to that email, Like that's them with dead bodies.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I'm here, I have how many emails do you have in your own box?
Speaker 2: So many dead bodies he has in it.
Speaker 1: I've never I've never built a fake cardboard door to hide my email, you know what I mean? Like that suggests some nefariousness.
Speaker 2: So this Corner owned a funeral home with his brother. That's where they found it. They said some of the bodies which were supposed to be cremated had been there for at least fifteen years.
Speaker 1: Carter, also a quote.
Speaker 2: Admitted that he may have given some families some fake cremated remains.
Speaker 1: He may have given some sad.
Speaker 2: Well, if the bodies here, what did you give them?
Speaker 1: Given them?
Speaker 3: Yeahs, I've met corners. I met a Corner once, okay or I don't know, but he worked with dead bodies. He was at he was at the University of Pennsylvania. I did like a National geographic story about when you donate your body to science and like, you know, a bunch of med students, you know, dissect it and they do not respect it. But it's weird, Like it is a weird ass job to be alone with a bunch of dead bodies and like taking out the brain, you know, and like draining them and doing all these things. And there's not I don't think there's like eyes on you very much, and especially at a funeral home, not living ones, not living eyes on you. The question number one, there's no amount of for breeze that can hide the smell of twenty four decomposing bodies.
Speaker 1: But also says you, I.
Speaker 3: Mean or glade plug ins.
Speaker 1: It's a real moment. Not behind this hermetically sealed cardboard door.
Speaker 3: What you do is you blow, you get It's like it's like smoking weed in a college dorm room. You know, you stuff, yeah, all the all the balance dryer sheets, animal thing. Then you blow the decomposing body smell through it and nobody's smell towel under the door. But yeah, but I'm like, was he selling body parts that I stand they're in high demand, you know, or like different pieces of like you know, there was one corner who was found to be like selling pieces of ears to like different halloween shops and shit like that. But also I do think that, like it's expensive, it's expensive to do dead body work them all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like, so is it just cost savings?
Speaker 3: I think it is cost saving.
Speaker 1: You think it's just like we didn't have the money to like fire up the cremation of them that day. Cost saving it. It just burned the fucking thing to ash. And so that's the thing. He like, what did it cost him over the course of fifteen years to like hide them, because it can't just be fucking rotting in the hot like in a hot room, right, it's just so great. It's a temperature controlled pit. Okay, So I'm just like a fine wine. I think there's something like I want to hear from coron or is coroners from the Kingdom of Corners and anybody who has experienced with this about or like has read a good thing about this about just like what like I think Corners have their own shit going on, Yes they do. I think you're right, Francesca that like to do that job, you need to be like at least a click off, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Such a click off, and like they know it. And the other thing is like at a certain point, like it's there's so many dead bodies, like that's not a person anymore, that's not a loved one. I know that's sad to say, but that's not how they view it. They're just like that is a cadaver. There is nothing left, Like if they would have been haunted at this point, and they're not, They're like cool, you.
Speaker 1: Actually just forget about them, kind of they never come back and like haunt you in the middle of the nights.
Speaker 2: I keep waiting to wake up to shine rattling. How many did I have back there behind my cardboard door.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's right. Oh yeah, I think we got like twenty three dead bodies.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I remember this around the whole Mantitalo thing happened and like it was his girlfriend.
Speaker 7: I was like, sorry, threw me for a loop and like, I don't know if you remember a sod it was it was this was It was a crazy year, just.
Speaker 1: Completely fucking distracted me. Man. The fucking sad bit about that balloon guy in that balloon kid, Yeah, balloon boy, that really fucked me up. Like I felt like I got really whiplashed on this story.
Speaker 2: There's like a sad wrinkle to this story because there was another guy who is named Interim Corner and he was trying to like regain the trust of the community here after the scandal by throwing a quote family friendly Halloween party, which they like the Corners the Corner's office anounced this on their faceboody age and it said, quote.
Speaker 8: We're a costume mom and dad included and hit the dusty trail enjoyed treats and games and spooky times with family and friends, and the entire me was like, bruh, no.
Speaker 3: You're a funeral home having a Halloween party is just like.
Speaker 1: Well, this is different because that was that was specific to that corner.
Speaker 2: That was like his side business he had, which is where the like, this was just more the official corner's office for the county being.
Speaker 3: Like hey gang, hey Yang with dead bodies.
Speaker 1: It Uh yeah, I don't know already the corner.
Speaker 3: This is me realizing that a corner works for the city.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, it's like an official position.
Speaker 3: Oh right, I know that I do a show about politics.
Speaker 8: I knew that.
Speaker 3: I thought a corner is just someone who handles the dead bodies. But okay, it's official.
Speaker 1: It's official. They have to be like I want to be that because let me do that. It's funny. I just get in there. Just now.
Speaker 2: I texted my friend who one of my best friends. She's she's like a like a trauma nurse, works out like she's worked in every part of the hospital basically, and I was like, I just on the cas was like, hey, random question, like what are like corners? People like who's who sore the deceased, Like, what's your experience with them? And she was like, she brought up one of our mutual friends. She's like, you know someone so those girlfriends a mortician, right, She's like, she's like, in my experience is like they're all alt kind of alt people.
Speaker 1: Yea, yeah yeah. And I was like, huh but not.
Speaker 2: And I was like, but like, like you ever meet one and you're like, there's their storm bodies. She's like, I mean not all of them, just you know, but definitely you kind of you got something else going on if you're like and I'm kind of relaxed around this.
Speaker 1: So this is on the city.
Speaker 4: This is like on.
Speaker 3: But I don't understand the corner. The corner shouldn't like how does this work? I'm sorry. The coroner's job isn't a cream made isn't the corner's job to be like, yep, this person died, now got him off to a funeral home.
Speaker 2: He might be They might be self dealing where he's like, hey, just so you know, I got your body here, you know, also run.
Speaker 1: Integration yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, pretty soon they're gonna also buy some old age homes, you know, and then just keep moving their way down. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I not the worst thing the corner's done. I mean again, no body parts were sold that we know to on eBay.
Speaker 2: But what but what of those remains? Were they desecrated in some manner?
Speaker 1: Right? That is the dark like the immediate question that, like the scenario my mind goes to. And because if you're what are you keeping them for?
Speaker 3: Well, what was your theory?
Speaker 1: Jack?
Speaker 4: It was that.
Speaker 1: It's so my question was like trying to put myself in that position.
Speaker 3: It's just like work got away from work overload.
Speaker 1: Yea work over from your perspective.
Speaker 2: Sorry, this got buried in my inbox exactly got buried in got buried.
Speaker 1: In my inbox?
Speaker 3: Or didn't get buried?
Speaker 1: Am I?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 1: The card fake cardboard door? I need to see what that looks like. If it was if it was just a piece of cardboard that they just threw up to like keep the smell in place. Maybe if it was like a good facssembly of a door, then we might have problems.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like I was just because I did the piece I did was about decomposition, and so like all the juices at like after like a week or two are gone and then it just becomes dried skin on bone. So it's kind of like a tails from the Crypt type situation, skin on or I don't know, skin on bone.
Speaker 1: But then even yeah, that at a sexually formative time of his life saw the crypt Keeper and was like, that's the only thing I.
Speaker 2: Gotta fuck that eyeholes, that keeper, that ocular cavity is doing something to me.
Speaker 1: There is wild ship that has done though. Like sometimes people donate their body and it goes to you know, medical research, and the medical students like make fun nicknames for them and you know, do a bunch of gallows humor. Sometimes it goes to the military and you're like being you're dead bodies being like rocketed through the sky and like exploded, Like just wild shit happening.
Speaker 3: So was there a cadaver in that tesla that's orbiting Earth?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, probably not the trunk.
Speaker 3: Hopefully, Look, when the revolution happens, it'll be Elon's. And I say that in the most non violent way possible.
Speaker 1: Yes, just he'll he'll that's how he's going to try to get tomorrows. He's going to just try and drive. Oh, he's gonna try to rocket his way out of here. And then his rocket fails.
Speaker 2: I mean that probably would so long suckers.
Speaker 3: No, I do think launching people into space is a good way. Like that is the modern day guillotine is you have to ride your rocket out.
Speaker 1: Of rocket ride rock.
Speaker 3: Dude, I would go to that rocket launch Are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: I mean that rocket sci fi dystopia film where like the new form of public execution is rocket riding.
Speaker 1: People.
Speaker 2: Try rocket right, someone's going.
Speaker 1: Up this space?
Speaker 3: What's it? What's that?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 3: Really creepy children's story. It's not children's but it was like they.
Speaker 1: All lottery, Yeah, the lottery. It's like the lottery, but is a short story that I had to read in seventh grade, so did I. Where they it's like a small community. It just like describes it in detail. It's like a you know, kind of commune vibes. And then there's like a big lottery that everybody's excited for and the person who like wins it in the end, like Twist, gets stoned to death.
Speaker 3: They just get stoned to death. Like it's the most it is a it's a perfectly you learn about short stories. That's the whole thing you learn about how to write suspense.
Speaker 1: It is a huge like a foundational It's like one of the legs of the table that the Hunger Games was like, oh yeah, you know what. But anyways, great short story. Did you read Occurrence at out Creek by Ambrose Beers? Yeah, the one where like the guy like escapes from a hanging Yeah, and then what oh yeah short story short story very similar, Like those are the two most formative short stories on me and they both have twist endings. So it was a big fan of it. That was the one thing I remember reading that.
Speaker 2: In it, he talks about how like a sharp shore had gray eyes, and I supposed that people had great with gray eyes, had better eyesight.
Speaker 1: This is all just civil wars bullshit. And then Steph Curry came along and proved him right.
Speaker 2: Exactly Ambrose Beers. He's like, you've done me well, Steph.
Speaker 1: Well, Francesca, such a pleasure having you as always on the daily site geist. Where can people find you? Follow you? Hear you all that good stuff?
Speaker 3: Yeah, listen to the Situation Room podcast. You can also watch it on YouTube. I'm doing deep dives now, so like thirty minute sometimes an hour, but long form videos with jokes trying to make it fun. So yeah, YouTube dot com, slash frannifio f R and I if I always where you get that?
Speaker 1: I just have to spell that up. Yeah. Yeah, And is there a working media that you've been enjoying? Come back to me second, miles people find you and we'll come back to you. Miles. Where can people find you? And is there a working media you've been in?
Speaker 2: Yeah, find me everywhere at Miles of Gray. If you want to hear me chat shit about ninety day fiance, check out four twenty day Fiance. A couple posts I like at Sarah Lazare to viscottasocial posted just in regards to Chicago. It's hard to convey just how much Chicagoans are mobilizing against Ice. Don't want to downplay the harm or make it seem like a fair fight, but in neighborhoods across the city, Ice is getting chased by people blowing whistles and shouting.
Speaker 1: People are running toward Ice to protect their neighbors. Yeah.
Speaker 3: That's Sarah Lazarre, that's my friend, journalist and she's awesome. Yeah, but that's amazing people running at Ice.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The whistle thing, The whistle thing I think is super effective that I've seen, like with those clips, because yeah, it's an immediate alert, and if you have another one on you, that ship.
Speaker 1: Can just reverberate.
Speaker 2: Another one is at l is an island of the Skuys social post And I'm not sure you can get more Marie Antoinette than taking away food stamps before Thanksgiving? What you build a golden marble dance hall so other crooks can bribe you over a badly cooked Argentinian steak?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Really is? It really is gonna be in retrospect pretty clear that they were that they were fucking up. It's like, huh huh, So I guess that was bad and they're ignoring as people could afford less and less fit.
Speaker 2: And the elite didn't see it coming.
Speaker 3: No, the whole ballroom is going to be full of like nothing but honey traps, like honey trap, honey pot whatever, God just all they just toilets also probably yes, golden toilets and honey pots.
Speaker 1: Francesca is their working media that you've been able to find that you know.
Speaker 3: Mac Burns on Twitter was quote tweeting.
Speaker 2: This.
Speaker 3: Right wing influencer Emily Austin has launched Hot Girls for Cuomo. So you know I have I got to get in on that satsire So I'm about to go record something now, stay tuned. But Matt Burnstein says, honestly, I was skeptical, but they did a good job with the website, and of course I clicked, and I'm like, did they? And it's just the report of investigation into allegations of statement a sexual harassment by Governor Andrew M. Cuomo August twenty And it's all the fact findings from the I think thirteen plus women who accused him of sexual harassment assault. So good for you, Matt Bernstein.
Speaker 1: There you go. It's funny workimedia. I've been enjoying. Eugenia Cuta Kuyda tweeted, I've been thinking about this David Foster Wallace quote more and more recently. And the quote is the technology is just going to get better and better and better and better, and it's going to get easier and easier and more and more convenient and more and more pleasurable to be alone with images on a screen given to us by people who do not love us, but one our money, which is all right in low doses. Right, But if that's the basic main staple of your diet. You're gonna die in a meaningful way. You're going to die. Why are you?
Speaker 3: Damn? Shit is different than the Daily zeicas in twenty twenty five. Guys, they're all like's.
Speaker 1: Not fun one dark today? I just I just got college. He wrote that? Or you know he died in two thousand and eight. I think so he was he was onto something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is he like a writer?
Speaker 1: Because that was like, really, well, right, now, do you have like a book? I can read his his profile of I think it's in a book called Consider the Lobster and Other short Nonfiction. And there's a profile of the San Fernando Valley in the porn industry that's really good called Big Red Side Good.
Speaker 3: Is it good to read him? Or is it just I was like watching memes about like, yeah, you know, guys who want you to read David Foster Wallace.
Speaker 1: No, I don't know. I really liked that collection of nonfiction. I didn't. I tried to read Infinite gest and couldn't do it. So I am not one of those guys, Oh my god, you haven't read Infinite Just yeah, yeah, yeah, I like it's nonfiction. Also, somebody tweeted a picture of some of the young Republicans who were in that chat and said, I like how young Republicans all store their griped mass in their central tour so they look like they've been genetically engineered to survive golf cart crashes.
Speaker 3: They really are. They're built like doors like Jesus.
Speaker 1: It's kind of wild. You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore O'Brien and on Blue Sky at jack Obie and the Number one. You can find us on Twitter and Blue Sky at Daily Zeitgeist. Where at the Daily Zeigeist on Instagram you can go to the description of the episode wherever you're listening to it, and there at the bottom you will find the footnotes, which where we link off to the information that we talked about in this episode. We also link off to a song that we think you might enjoy. Hey, Miles, there's a song you think people might enjoy. Yeah, this is a track called Wedding Dress by Pentangle. Who I mean. They're a trippy band. I think a lot of people know about them.
Speaker 2: They're like a kind of like psych folk group. But there's some like live performances of theirs that are it feels like music that would have come out now sort of like how can kind of has songs like that? So this is wedding dress by Pentangle Trippy one for you.
Speaker 1: Nice all right, We will link off to that in the footnote for The Daily zy Guys is a production of iHeart Radio. For more podcasts from My Heart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That's gonna do it for us this morning. We're back this afternoon to tell you what is trending and we will talk to you all then Bye bye.
Speaker 4: The Daily Zeit Guys is executive produced by Catherine Law, co produced by Bae Wag
Speaker 1: Co produced by Victor Wright, co written by j M McNabb, Edited and engineered by Justin Conner,