Speaker 1: Hello everybody, and welcome to this afternoon edition, Thursday, April third edition. Up the Great Depressed Trend two point zero.
Speaker 2: Yeah this applause, applause, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Caitlyn. That's why I need you here. Look, I'm Miles G in the Place to be, and I'm here with Kaitlyn d also in the place to be. Kaitlan dude one, thank you for joining me. How are you?
Speaker 2: I am period, that's the way to say it.
Speaker 1: That's the way to say it, and you I am as well. I think therefore I am. Let's just get into what's trending. Let's rip the bandaid off. Tariffs obviously trending because this is the first day after Trump's really cool announcement on the White House lawn reheld up graphic cards that had absolutely incorrect information on it.
Speaker 3: All.
Speaker 1: That's to say we will be getting a lot deeper into the details of the tariffs. Let's just say right now, it's doing what it's intending to do, which is to royal the markets, and we will see where we end up on the other side. It's just too early to tell. But if you like line go up on the stock market. Not your day, not your news line go down. The shitty part is when line go down. Even if you don't have money and in line go up or down market, we are affected by line go down because all of the people who have all the money and all the capital, they they're going to do things that make our line go down, probably too eventually, so be on the lookout for that. But here for now, let's just get into some other things that are trending, because obviously we all know that we're gonna have to brace ourselves.
Speaker 2: The market doesn't affect me because rather than American dollars, I use the resources from katan oh.
Speaker 1: Or okay, and sheep yep, yep, yep.
Speaker 2: And would yeah, so yes, I really recommend everyone get on a Katan based kind of currency.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, I mean, look, if you are a follower of Curtis Yarvin, who we do get into a little bit more on tomorrow's episode, he did have a plan for all the the unproductive members of society was to hook them up to a big video game where they thought they were living. Well, the other people have things go so in a way, your catan metaphor may be apt army hammer. We haven't heard from him in a.
Speaker 2: While, I'm still eating people or whatever.
Speaker 1: Look he said, he said in a metaphor. He's not an actual cannibal, okay. And also his grandpa is really rich. All right, armand Hammer. Have you heard of him? That's actually yeah, that's that's just that's his grandpa, right, great Armond. Yeah, like, have you heard of the like the armand Hammer museum that we have here U c l A. It's a there's yeah, no, oh no, yeah, he comes from dynastic wealth.
Speaker 2: Well I know he's from armand Hammer, a bad Minnesota.
Speaker 1: That's what everyone thought. Yeah, no, no relations sadly when your grandpa's name is armand like armand ar m A N D. And your last name's Hammer. But anyway, he apparently earlier this year there was an announcement that Armie Hammer was going to be like doing his comeback with a new movie from what a lot of people consider the world's worst director. Obviously, that is so subjective and so unfair to Uva Bowl, the German auteur who just mostly his recent films are just mostly like guy shoots up entire town, the movie hyper Violence. Apparently they were going to do a movie together about a Vigilante, Embrace yourself. That movie was going to be called drum Rope. Lease, it was going to be called The Dark Night.
Speaker 2: And it's not a Batman movie, correct, I guess not? But well, I don't I don't see. I don't see the problem.
Speaker 1: I don't either. I mean, Armie Hammer is in a real life bad guy, so how could he ever be Batman? I mean, but he is like a wealthy fuck who probably I guess maybe a lot more does overlap. But again, turns out they had to change the movie. I don't know why again, because we still don't see, don't see the problem. Is there something called The Dark Knight already, but not that I've ever heard of. So the movie is now being called Citizen Vigilante. And when like the trades are like, hey, Ova, bull, what happened? I thought it was called Dark Knight. This is what he said quote. We had a very friendly conversation with Warner Brothers and decided to change our title to Citizen Vigilante to avoid any confusion with Warner's famous characters. It sounds like he's reciting what the seas and Desist notice was to him, that you must change the name from the Dark Knight to avoid any confusion with Warner Brothers famous like, sure it was friendly. I guess in so far as that you read the season desist and you're like, I don't want to smoke with Warner Brothers.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean respect. He went, he tried something, he went for it. It didn't work, but yeah, you know, he tried, and that's what's important.
Speaker 1: This then, the executive producer, I love when people act. I love the art of pretending you just didn't take an l and just like it's actually just like this other stuff. The executive producer of the movie also was quoted and for already said quote. We also got a lot of feedback from fans who asked us to change the title because of its similarity with Chris Nolan's movie. So this is another factor in changing the title. Yeah, not the fucking not studio that could sue you into fucking oblivion.
Speaker 2: Uh huh, the fans Citizen Vigilante.
Speaker 1: It's probably you know, he's it's just gonna be about some guy who got canceled and like murdered everyone in Hollywood or something. Oh, I don't know. That's usually how Uvabol's films work.
Speaker 2: I'm realizing I haven't seen a single one. I was looking up his filmography. There's like, it seems like there's a Jason Statham movie in the Name of the King. We've got postal, We've got blood rain, rain not spelled how you'd think. Rampage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got a rampage President Down. So the first stram Page movie came out in like two thousand and eight or nine. This is the description an ordinary young man in a small town suddenly snaps, arming himself with machine guns and going on a relentless killing spree. Okay, Then there's twenty fourteen's Rampage Capital Punishment. Bill Williamson attempts to wreak vengeance on the rich and break Washington apart by taking control of a TV station and holding its staff hostage. Then you have twenty sixteen's Rampage President Down. Bill Williamson returns.
Speaker 2: The characters name is Bill Williamson, which means his name is William Williamson probably like his full name, yes, okay.
Speaker 1: Or Bill Williams Bill Bilson.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: Bill Williamson returns to bring down the President of the United States and his secret service detail. I'm like weren't you just in the Capitol? What I mean, what happened Bill Williamson, Because he's also in the first so I just love that he's always just getting away with it, this wacky old Bill on him. So I think I'm gonna miss that one. But you know, if that's your bag watching Army Hammer do fake ass Batman, then hey, you've got something. Speaking of media though, too, the rehearsal season two trailer, the full trailer just dropped, Caitlin. I know you said you haven't seen the first season, highly recommend, but look it's up to you. Like, if you're not fucking with Nathan Fielder, then you're not.
Speaker 2: Fucking I mean I was a fan of Nathan for You, so okay, then you'll it is.
Speaker 1: Did you watch Nathan for You all the way to the end like the last season?
Speaker 2: I think I did. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So do you remember how the last sort of episode became like a long special where that the Bill Gates impersonator guy was looking for his long lost time in Arkansas and it went kind of meta. The rehearsal just feels like a natural extension of Nathan Fielder going more and more meta with how he just sees things all right, and that's how you get the rehearsal. Then that has its own thing. Now we have the rehearsal too, which we watch the trailer together. I don't I'm not sure an escalation. We know it involves aviation safety. That's the central theme. There's a fake airport, there's fake pilots, there's people learning to pretend to be pilots. There's a fake congression. I don't know what the fuck is going on, but I'll watch it.
Speaker 2: I'm here for it.
Speaker 1: Did you watch his one with Emma Stone? That show?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Which one was that?
Speaker 1: That was called The Curse?
Speaker 2: Okay, another one I haven't seen. I'm so bad at TV. I see every movie that comes out, which means I will be seeing Vigilante, Citizen Times or whatever it's.
Speaker 1: Called, Yes, Citizen on the Run, whatever it is.
Speaker 2: But I don't watch a lot of TV. Not because I don't like it. I just have to make an issue.
Speaker 1: You're talking to the person who doesn't watch anything at all either, because I'm so overwhelmed by the sheer volume of things too much. But I I'll I have a soft spot for just Nathan Fielder whenever he's doing something wacky. That show gets fucking goes to absurd town too.
Speaker 2: The curse.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Okay, let's take a quick break. We'll be right back to talk about some of the other things that are trending right now. And we are back. So RFK he's begun, like the great purge at like the FDA and CDC and things like that. He's We're starting to see all of the cuts that are being made. I think he just got rid of the Freedom of Information Act, like the peep the departments that handle foyer requests for things like the CDC. So yes, of course, transparency number one in that we won't show y'all shit, so don't ask. But he's now again because RFK has a If you google RFK measles, he has a tremendous track record of giving people the worst advice, which certainly leads people to early preventable deaths and it's a tragedy. But he's repeatedly claiming that one of the best ways to battle measles is to obviously get vaccinate. Way when I read that wrong, is to take vitamin A and cod liver oil as soon as you get the measles that's all you got to do.
Speaker 2: That's what we all know to be the truth.
Speaker 1: M M, thank you. He wrote an article in Fox News and said this element can quote dramatically reduce measles mortality.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 1: That's vague, because if someone does die following your bone headed advice, you can just be like I just say it can dramatically reduce me I never said it's gonna prevent you from dying from a disease, that you need to have a vaccination to prevent death from.
Speaker 2: Just saying it can. Language. Language is important, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Very much here, So don't hit me with a cease and desist on that. Okay, this thing is called the Dark Knight. But he's been saying this over and over. It's all about vitamin A. It's all about cod liver oil. These are effective treatments. Now, it is true. The World Health Organization does it recommends low doses of vitamin A for children diagnosed with measles. But again they say that it is to specifically quote a supplementation in case of deficiency and is not quote intended to treat the virus. But what do they know? What do they know? What do they know?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: In Texas hospitals are reportedly having to treat kids who have measles and vitamin A poisoning because parents are much I never even thought that was a thing, took too much vitamin A, but apparently it is because they are people are just this is like you, I don't know if we lived in a I don't know. If we lived in a just world, we never have, but we wouldn't. We wouldn't allow people to fucking put their kids at risk and poison them with vitamin A. They're saying, Yeah, these kids are coming in with quote abnormal liver function.
Speaker 2: So how do you even get Like when you go to the grocery store or whatever and there's like the supplements section, can you even I haven't seen in like individual bottles of vitamin A. You know they got C, they got D, they got can you get vitamin A? I guess I've just been because I don't give us a little ship about vitamin A.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I mean, hey, we not vitamin A deficient, y'all. That's our vilege. But yeah, I don't know. I didn't even know. I The only vitamin I ever was given as a kid was flintstones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which is like probably a multi.
Speaker 1: It's a multi. It's a multi multi. It's a shocky candy for a kid, is how I looked at it.
Speaker 2: And do you remember when Thailand all used to taste so good? Because yeah, chew it and it was grape.
Speaker 1: Yeah there was also I think I read one too. Wasn't that a strawberry or cherry one too?
Speaker 2: I think so. I was all about the grape stuff.
Speaker 1: But even though it was like the shittiest texture texture, You're like, it's sweet, So what am I gonna do? Beggar?
Speaker 2: I thought they taste a gray. I thought flintstones flintstones did not taste as.
Speaker 1: Good, but those were grainy.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah to uh too rocky, I would say to.
Speaker 4: Flinty, flint to flint stone, stony to stony as I might, Yes as they did they Yes, yes, who among us didn't break our teeth on a handful of flintstone vitamins?
Speaker 1: But I ate so much of those that I remember my mom was like, you're gonna get sick eating just all these vitamins, And I remember that like stuck with me until someone was like you just typically just piss out the vitamins. Your body can't absorb.
Speaker 2: But that a and you have like fucking liver poisoning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so great, that's that's what's happening on the health front. Just to kind of keep it in the world of politics. So as we reported, not re report, what the fuck am I even saying, as I fucking screamed about earlier this week after reading articles.
Speaker 2: That's reporting, I didn't have to catch my society.
Speaker 1: In today's society, I should be getting a fucking Peabody award. Okay, you know what I mean. Yeah, I do a bit of research, I guess, and I am open to new ways of thinking, but I'm science is pretty subtle for me. But anyway, in Wisconsin, right Elon Musk took the huge l he pretended, like the twenty million dollars he's spent on that Supreme Court seat. It was he actually knew he was gonna lose, and so he's not actually feeling bad because it was about this voter ide law, that passion in Wisconsin, and that was the thing that I was actually there for, and I put no money into and spent no time talking about, even though I kept sounding the alarm over the end of Western civilization. If this liberal justice makes it to the Supreme Court bench in Wisconsin. Anyway, he is. Now he's boosting conspiracy theories about the potentially dubious results of that very real race that he says he cares not about. So there was like a fucking Roger Stone based lie where he basically says that the Crawford campaign that's the woman who won, was quote illegally financed. And so he's like on Alex own show saying it's a matter of simple math. The numbers just don't add up. And they're saying what because Musk spent twenty billion and and the other campaign was like barely any I don't know, I really don't know what they're saying. So Musk, underneath that tweet that had this video clip playing, he just replied hm, as he does to really stir the fucking pot.
Speaker 2: He's so pensive, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's just so full. He's like Tom Yorke, you know, he's so intriguing, Like what's going on with him? Can he dance like him? I don't know, I don't know. I think also, I don't know if we talked about this on the show. I think we didn't because we were having our own internal debates about Popeye's pickle themed menu. There's like all everything is. There's like a pickle glazed sandwich and fried pickles and then a pickle lemonade. We were, you know, we were kind of split over here on certain things. I was like, no, you know, I'm not a hater of pickle juice, but you, Caitlin, you did say something very interesting when you heard the phrase pickled juice lemonade.
Speaker 2: Pickle juice lemonade, And I said, isn't that kombucha.
Speaker 1: We're fucking back, y'all.
Speaker 3: Let them know where are we at? Here we go She said, hang it in the it hang that one in the louver.
Speaker 2: Yeah, veno five dollars right now.
Speaker 1: Well, so I can buy eggs, thank you man. We need at least five thousand dollars for one egg. So apparently they're like reviews are coming in. People are saying it's it's actually the best thing they've launched since the chicken sandwich. That's high praise.
Speaker 2: Look, how do you feel about pickles? I like pickles, like a sweet any kind.
Speaker 1: I like them all. Like in Japan it's called skimonal, Like there's Japanese pickled vegetables. I like pickle, I like I like kimchi, I like fucking pickles, dill half sours and whatever.
Speaker 2: Okay, see, I'm a big I really am into the dill variety mostly, but I love a pickle on like a chicken sandwich. So it makes sense that Popeyes is doing this. I'll try the pickle lemonade. I don't care.
Speaker 1: I don't care.
Speaker 2: I don't even care anymore.
Speaker 1: You just going to Popeyes? Yeah, give me the pickle Lemonade's like, I don't even.
Speaker 2: Care, I don't care anymore.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay, are you? What does it fucking matter? Give me the fucking pickle lemonade. I'm fucked.
Speaker 2: And then I like pissed my pants a little bit and burst into tears, and we and we.
Speaker 1: It's the birth of a new phrase, ma'am, this is a Popeyes and away we went.
Speaker 2: And then do that, I respond, I don't even care, I.
Speaker 1: Don't fucking care. Give me the kumbucha.
Speaker 2: Oh that's you, okay, Oh my gosh, I can't roastie to be the new meme like the kumbucha'ch a equal lemonade.
Speaker 1: Lady Brittany Broski see has a pretty funny show. Got to say, Um, that usually doesn't happen with people that become memes. They actually have a bit of funny in them anyway. So what look y'all, this is our homework this weekend? Going to Pope's. I don't even fucking care. Man, excise me a fucking lemon. I don't even what the fuck is this, and then pay for it and leave before you get it.
Speaker 2: But pay for it in or or wheat from cattan.
Speaker 1: Money post yourself doing it, and you will get free tickets to the next Bechdel cast live show or the next day. He's like, no, I can't, I can't promise that. Let's leak. That's I think it's illegal. I don't know. Elon must just gave people a million dollars to vote, so the fuck is legal anymore.
Speaker 2: I'm too sick with vitamin a poisoning, so I don't even know anymore.
Speaker 1: Please put that vitamin a down statement. Uh well, thank you Caitlyn for joining me on this trending episode. Guys, we have a fucking banger episode tomorrow me Caitlin and a very familiar your face from Twitter. If you're like on political Twitter, leftist Twitter. It's gonna be a fun one. And yeah, until then, be good to yourselves, be good to each other, get your vaccines, listen to doctors. Don't do nothing about white supremacy or hate or fucking transphobia and that bullshit. Do something, Be a good fucking person out there. Okay, it's the bare minimum we can do. All right, We'll talk to you later. Bye, bye bye