Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe, Katty Armstrong.
Speaker 2: And Jetty and keep arms wrong, get it.
Speaker 1: We've got two National guardments standing outside the Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 2: Compounds, surrounded my dogs and moats.
Speaker 1: And today we are under the tutelage of our general manager quoting the tattoos on my knuckles, law and order. That's right. I've got long tattooed on my right hand, order on the knuckles of my left.
Speaker 2: But it hadn't dawned on me that the.
Speaker 1: Oh would be invisible if I held out my fists, So people ask me, what is urger it through? I am flabbergasted, And if you've ever had your flabbergasted, you know how painful that can be.
Speaker 2: One of my favorite David Letterman lines.
Speaker 1: The media coverage I've been taken in today, it's just unbelievable.
Speaker 2: I just, I just.
Speaker 1: How do you not see your you look at from the outside, yourself, see how you're perceived or what's.
Speaker 2: Going on here? But I just heard a long.
Speaker 1: Thing on MSNBC about how the White House some sort of internal anonymous source from the White House, is the Trump administration is thrilled with the way that's playing out politically.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sure they are. I'm sure they are.
Speaker 1: And how the something about how using the media to their benefit.
Speaker 2: You don't have to be used.
Speaker 1: You could go ahead and get on the side of like eighty percent of Americans who don't like rioting, or you could say they're peaceful protests with cars on fire behind you and quote play into his hands.
Speaker 2: I don't get it. How do you not understand this? Right?
Speaker 1: That's such a head scratcher. You're you're doing it. You're you're reporting on night. Wait, no, you're the person in Europe. Nobody's making you claim that everything is calm while the things are behind you were on fire. That's not him taking advantage of you. You don't claims media making out landish claims because he's hitler.
Speaker 2: No, you can't know.
Speaker 1: So a couple of things, Uh One. I like the quote I heard from Karen bassa mayor of la this morning. I heard her say, those of you who are vandalizing and defacing buildings are not standing up for migrants.
Speaker 2: You're absolutely right, you are onto something.
Speaker 1: There are looting, she said, yeah, looting and vandalizing. You're not standing up for right, Yes, exactly. Those people looting are not. They don't they're not thinking about the whole US immigration policy as they break into a building and steal a television.
Speaker 2: You are correct there, yes, Mike, right.
Speaker 3: No, I'm just thinking somebody's washing TV about ready to go to a store to rip it off, and thinking, oh, okay, never mind.
Speaker 2: Right, this doesn't help the working bus boy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was gonna get a toaster up and to protect our immigrant community, that's I'll order one from Amazon. But the talking point, and I hadn't caught onto this un till I was listened to the National Reviews podcast yesterday. But this has been a big talking point last the last twenty four hours, and I've heard it multiple times this morning, including from Karen Bass. There's a tiny part of LA that has unrest.
Speaker 2: It's just a.
Speaker 1: Tiny portion of the city. So I flipped on MSNBC and the person went with that, Oh, Willie geist was going on on other channels. He means Fox, They're making it seem like the entire city of Los Angeles is on fire.
Speaker 2: But it's a tiny portion. It isn't Linda or whatever.
Speaker 1: He goes to and they said, yes, Los Angeles is five hundred square miles. There's about one square mile in which is under curfew last night, in a small portion of that where there was some unrest last night. Okay, so you think that's the story, do you? Okay, so I'll try that on January sixth, twenty twenty one. Washington, DC is three hundred square miles. It was really just one building where there was unrest.
Speaker 2: The rest of Washington, d C. Was fine. I'm at the Department of the Treasury. Nothing happening here.
Speaker 1: Let's go ahead at the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum, ches airplanes and spaceships. Here.
Speaker 2: Back to you.
Speaker 1: Nothing to see. It's a tiny portion of Washington, d C. Will people are beating cos cops and running into a building. Yeah, I mean that's hilarious. Again, you're beclouding yourself. Nobody's making you do this. You don't have to go. Here's here's one thing that I've found very helpful. Don't spend all your time thinking does this help Trumper hurt Trump? If I say this, how about you just say what you see? If you're standing there and there are things on fire and cops are fighting people just say it. Yeah, yeah, I agree with you, except that MSNBC is not about the fifty percent of America that tends to lean left vote left certainly not about all of America. They're about the ten percent, the ten percent least critically thinking, most enthusiastic about leftism. Yeah, well it's not working if well, again, as we said all through the election, if you think you're helping your side or hurting Trump by doing this, that's not the way it played out in the election. This is what Mark Halpern's been writing, History is repeating itself. You're doing the same thing. Yeah, yeah, you're helping Trump by pretending this stuff is really there's not much. What was that the thing from ABC seven where they where they they said, people, you know, you bring in the cops and it's just people are trying to enjoy a car being on fire and you're just going.
Speaker 2: To you know, cosports on watching cars. That's right, yes, uh yeah.
Speaker 1: And it's on the one of the easiest of topics, illegal immigration. I mean, my goodness, look at the poll numbers.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I think part of it is.
Speaker 1: And the longer you live, the more you see and do, the more you realize. You know, I imagine people at this level were going to be like, really smart and capable, and it turns out they're not. They're kind of the same, you know, dim witted drones that I encountered on the last level of whatever I'm doing. There are exceptions, obviously, all of us, you know, encounter people are very impressive. But I just think you're Karen's Bass, your Gavin's Newsome, especially because they operate in one party states, their game is not sharp. They're just not that good, and so they don't understand the subtleties or even the obvious aspects of what they're I don't think I don't think there's a subtlety subtleties. Americans don't like rioting, never have, never will. People do not like rioting. They like order. That's just human nature. Gavin Newsom gave a speech last night standing in front of an American flag with he I think he either used to dye his hair and he stopped, or he's putting gray in his hair. That's the greyest his hair has ever looked. In his most presidential looking. He meant put a lot of effort into this to look like he was the like counter West Coast president.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the focus groups definitely said a little more gray upstairs would make you look more you know, mature, more gravitas.
Speaker 2: Definitely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I noticed that myself this morning. Anyway, Gavin gave a speech last night. We'll have some of that. And Karen Bass enacted a curfew last night in Los Angeles. They arrested at least a one hundred and then so all the reporting has been today, things are calm. Why did they? Why did Trump send the National Guard? We certainly don't need marines. I don't think we need marines either, but the National Guard. Does anybody think that there would have been a curfew or arrests or any of these things happening if Trump hadn't put all the spotlight and pressure on Los Angeles with the whole National Guard thing?
Speaker 2: Does anybody think that.
Speaker 1: It's an obvious cause and effect and everybody knows that and to claim otherwise. Yeah, Karen Largemouth Bass Bass leaps at Trump's bait.
Speaker 2: That's my headline, gotcha. Let's start the show officially.
Speaker 1: I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Joe Getty on This is is Wednesday, July the eleventh, or ten days from the longest day of the year. And I don't know why that bothers me. I've been watching the sunset every night so late and really enjoying it. In just a few days, the days are going to start getting shorter again. I mean, that's a bad way to look at life. Well yeah, and yet I always call the winter equinox the National Optimism Day, because all the days get longer starting then, and the summer equinox the opposite.
Speaker 2: It seems like it comes so fast.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I know you are twenty twenty five, warmstrong, and getting We approve of this program, all right. Let's begin then, officially, according to FCC rules and regulations, law and order.
Speaker 2: Here we go, at mark.
Speaker 4: This brazen abuse of power by a sitting president inflamed a combustible situation. Democracy is under assault before our eyes. This moment we have feared has arrived.
Speaker 3: We're not going to wait seven days and eight days and wait for a governor that's never going to call. And the only flag that will wave triumphant over the streets of Los Angeles is the American flag.
Speaker 1: So help me God, those two clips, if you ran those two clips for America, I'm thinking it's at least eighty twenty.
Speaker 2: It's certainly the majority on the side of Trump. Uh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the democracy is under assault, is what you're seeing now. I'm seeing a lot of rioting about illegal immigration, and I'm against illegal immigration.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The whole narrative, which they worked so hard, so feverishly to get going, that this calling out of the National Guard was over the objections of Gavin Newsom, was some sort of totalitarian monstrosity not done since nineteen sixty. And now the Marines, and I've got to admit the Marines because they are a fighting force. The National Guard has all sorts of jobs. The Marines thing bothers me a little bit trying to get the narrative going that this is martial law, it's a seizing of the powers of government for the evil dictator Trump to you know, get going is Nazi regime. That's just that's those seeds are not growing. Nobody thinks that we also need to talk about that big military pariode that Trump's got going.
Speaker 2: I don't know what I think about that. I don't have a strong opinion either way.
Speaker 1: But first time in thirty years, and that was to celebrate the winning of a war. It's not something we do. Yeah, we'll discuss that a little bit later. Only Ran Paul's the only big time Republican that's come out against it. I'd love to hear his arguments, okay, because there's definitely an aspect of it.
Speaker 2: That I like.
Speaker 1: Okay, there's also an aspect of it is you know, North Korea, China, Soviet Union standing there running your missiles and everything through the streets to you know whatever.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm not sure that's Look at Meval, I'm weak. You are weak man. I put cream in my coffee. Look at me.
Speaker 1: Repeating the talking points to the left, the progressive talking points exactly. I mean, because like, those arguments are not nothing, okay, they have some validity. Well, I believe that they have cars in North Korea too. Where are we gonna drive cars just like North Korea? That doesn't work. That's a that's a logical logical fallacy right there. Uh. That is the reason they don't make me bring law and order out, all right. That is the reason we don't do those parades and never have. Even during the Cold War, we didn't do that. Yes, to be different than the Soviet But anyway, more on that later, we got some more headlines of all the news that's going on in the world, and a bunch of stuff to get to.
Speaker 2: I hope you can stay here. This is one of our clips of today.
Speaker 1: This could actually end up being in the running for a Clip of the Year for twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: Gavin Newsom from his speech last night.
Speaker 5: This moment we have feared has arrived.
Speaker 1: The moment we have feared has arrived. Donald Trump has become an authoritarian.
Speaker 5: This moment we have feared has arrived here.
Speaker 1: It landed last night at about eleven o'clock. The moment we have feared has arrived. Nice lady and gentlemen. Sorry, sorry Kevin. Looking around seemed to be fine, but thank you for the OGA horn. Let's run through a handful of headlines. Katie is out at the moment. You got seven hundred Marines joining the twenty one hundred National Guard personnel present in La Tuesday morning. Neither the Marines or guardsmen will make arrests. They are just bulk to protect stuff. Karen Largemouth Bass ordered a curfew for parts of this cty's downtown area from eight pm to six am. What since it's spelled the same if I was hard pronounce my name base.
Speaker 2: Not fooling anybody.
Speaker 1: Another news, Russian forces yesterday launched with Ukrainian President Zelenski described as one of the largest attacks on Kiev since the start of the full scale invasion three, which is every a headline every single day. David Ignatius in the Washington Post, am I going to read the headline as much as this first line from his story that we'll get into later. Democrats have gotten the border issue so wrong for so long that it amounts to political malpractice. I would agree that's from a Democrat.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: As a political scientist, and I use that Terman quotes, I'm just interested in human beings and how they can be so misguided, so incredibly out of touch with I mean, the American people. We literally have polls that are published in the very you know, outlets that they work for that tell them where most Americans are, you know, how do they process that?
Speaker 5: For me?
Speaker 1: I think it's and I think it's exactly like the same thing like if your kids, if your kid is hanging around troublemakers, your kid's gonna get into trouble. If your kid is hanging around kids who play sports and get good grades.
Speaker 2: They're probably gonna do that.
Speaker 1: If your husband is hanging around a bunch of divorced dudes, he's more likely to get divorced than he's hanging around other dads who are doing the deal.
Speaker 2: That's just life, man.
Speaker 1: If you're in a bubble, this is like you know, it's like a fish doesn't know he's wet or something like. That's just everything you're around. This is life. This is just normal life. And they hang around other people who think this so much. So much of the time, you go to your lunch break and you talk about how Trump's an authoritarian, how awful this is, and nobody raises their hand and say, yeah, I think almost everybody agrees we shouldn't have so much illegal immigration.
Speaker 2: So there's somebody there to say that.
Speaker 1: I guess, as a guy who takes in information as a profession I think other people who do that have a similar approach to gathering that information that I do, but obviously not. I bet we'd be shocked at how little information these people take in from other sources.
Speaker 2: I'll bet you're right. I bet you're right.
Speaker 1: More headlines, there was a US citizen who's been held by Russia for a couple of years. They finally figured out where he was in a Russian prison. Hasn't been able to call his family until recently. Stephen Hubbard, air Force veteran Russia, claims he was fighting for Ukraine. None of his communication with his family tends to back that up.
Speaker 2: Who knows, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I like this headline. Elon Musk tweeted out last night. I regret some of my posts about President Trump last week. They went too far. That was a very short succinct. That's what an apology should be like. I regret it and I went too far. I was wrong. There's no but he shouldn't of or I'm sorry his feelings were hurt.
Speaker 2: Michael, gimme twelve A. You know I want it.
Speaker 5: Elon Musk.
Speaker 2: Throwing back his war awards with the President simming.
Speaker 1: Tensions between Musk and the President burst.
Speaker 2: Into the open on June fifth. But now the healing has begun. Well, don't you think this is just real? It seems like a pretty genuine and it makes sense.
Speaker 1: That's probably It's probably absolutely true. He got he went off and now he looks back on it like many of us, haven't the wishes he hadn't centered on that. Another headline similar spirit, US and China agree to get Geneva packed back on track, the War of Words and terrorff swear, buddies, Come on, let's get back together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're have reunited.
Speaker 1: Mettle in down, we are trade wise, We absolutely are. You Such an interesting relationship. It reminds me of we were talking the other day about the Marxists and Islamists are frequently working together, each one figuring that, Okay, we'll work together, we'll get the overthrow happening. Then when we overthrow, the powers that be will take control and we'll hang looose guys and over on the other side, they're thinking precisely the same thing. China and the US are both thinking, Hey, we need the trade to ramp up our economies, and then once we're on top, we'll take care of you. And both sides think.
Speaker 2: Of the same thing. Yeah, we got a lot of stuff to talk about. I hope you can stick around. If you miss a segment, get the podcast Armstrong and get you on the band Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 6: Disney World announced last week and it'll be closing the Rivers of America, Tom Sawyer Island and the Liberty Square Riverboat Attractions. Oh no, said your lamest Kid.
Speaker 1: Wow, Wow, Sayer exhibition. I don't rank my kids on lameness. First of all, sir, dare he impew in the good name of the Tom Sawyer Exhibitions. And you know what's interesting in the world where the uh you know, Revenge of the Nerds as they've called it for the last quite a few decades, as the computer geeks have run things, Your lamest Kid might be by far the most successful one going out into the world. Although I read I was reading, I read way too much about AI. But it might be the end of Revenge of the Nerds and that all that coding stuff and all that stuff is going to that it's going to be the first to go with AI, right right, Yeah, the whole learned to code. That has been like a mantra for certain people for quite a few years. That might be the first might already have been. In fact, I know somebody it was a PhD who coded all the time. They use AI now, I mean they would have to sit and for hours code stuff for various programs they needed. Now it's just like that with one of your AIS. That might be the first thing to have gone. Is the whole learned to code, so man be nimble in the modern world with the whole, what skill.
Speaker 2: Is the best one to have?
Speaker 1: Well, in the fact that that class of people invented their own doom is ironic. Yeah, yeah, exactly something revenge of the nerds. Then the nerds invented the thing that took is going to take away all their jobs. So whatever, I just wanted to mention this. We're moving away from the protest at least for a little while. We'll get back to later Gavin's late night speech and what that means and blah blah blah. One of your protesters went viral. Kind of a round person. I can't tell if this is a man or a woman, but because of their yellow helmet like yellow skateboarder helmet and goggles, they look exactly like a minion.
Speaker 2: And that became quite the.
Speaker 1: Quite the uh wow, you know, the meme opportunity for the Internet. And for some reason, this giant, life size minion had a leaf blower at that.
Speaker 2: I don't know what they're doing with the leaf blower.
Speaker 1: You know, if you want to make me mad and annoy me, a leaf blower would do better than practically anything because I hate them. But what are you doing with You're trying to incite violence? Yes, I will will be violence. They can just make noise.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's odd. Don't dress like a minion. More on the lowers yours. More on the riots, the the curfews, Gaviy Newsom's desperate attempt to use this to vaulting to the presidency. Fox Scophant right wing talking point. Five hundred square miles is Los Angeles. One square mile was under curfew. Couple of blocks.
Speaker 2: That's the that's the square mile I'm talking about that one.
Speaker 1: There just a bunch of people having fun watching cars burn.
Speaker 2: Exactly right.
Speaker 1: That's right, having fun watching cars burn. It's practically the fourth of July. Some have fireworks, some have fiery cars. It's an LA thing. You're not from La. You wouldn't get it. Back to a story I mentioned just briefly last segment, the US and China are wrapping up a couple of days of intense talks with what they say is a framework to get the trade truce back on track, ratchet down tensions between the worlds two biggest economies. I was especially interested in this, having just read something about how the economic prospects for the summertime are a little iffy because of a number of factors, including labor. And there is some fear that if Trump and company are serious about just rounding up illegal immigrant workers workplace raids, because that's what really sparked.
Speaker 2: Some of this.
Speaker 1: Some of the unrest was just going down to the home depot and saying, all right, who's illegal. There's some fear that, oh, that's right. There was a big raid in Oklahoma City too, a jack. This will not shock you. It was, as I recall, a meat packing concern of some sort and they found a bunch of illegal aliens and the boss said, wait, what are you kidding? Me's outrageous. They all showed me their ideas. I wonder if they were fake.
Speaker 2: That's funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't have a single employee that speaks one word of English. But I assumed, oh no, they were waving a flag when they apply an American flag, so I assume, well, hack anyway, So there are some fear that that could disrupt the economy too.
Speaker 2: But anyway, back to China.
Speaker 1: Representatives from the country said the framework could essentially restore a pack they agreed to in Switzerland last month, lower tariffs. Beijing is going to speed up criminal critical mineral export licenses, We're going to loosen up the whole elite computer chip thing, and everybody's going to be get back to doing business. Well that's interesting because the Wall Street journal piece has in it a senior Chinese negotiator nodded to Lutnik's remark, saying, the two sides have agreed in principle, with the analysis being this suggests all this is just a prelude until the leader's summit face to face sometime this summer. So that makes it seem more up in the air to me. But oh, I don't know. I mean, because things were ratcheting up, up, up, I mean more and more hostile, and more and more. You think you're a tough guy. I'm a tough guy. Now it's the two sides both saying, hey, hey, hey, we want to get along. You want to get along, Yes, we want to get along to Nobody would have predicted this a month and a half ago. So Donald Trump's approval ratings have gone up. I'm not wanting to talk about that, but whudo they would go up, and inflation would be pretty low. US inflation numbers out today rose two point four percent, a slight increase, but Trump tariffs still haven't sparked major price hikes that people were expecting or detractors were predicting. Yeah, two point four is getting fairly close to the Fed's targeted two percent. So is that good still coming later? I mean, when is this supposedly gonna hit? I don't want it to hit. I won't get any glee out of it.
Speaker 2: Right right.
Speaker 1: And for all of my complaints about the Wall Street Journal's journalism lately, as they've swung wildly left, I want to talk about that more later. Their hardcore business reporting is still really good. And as our former producer Positive Sean back in the day pointed out, he likes to read business news because everybody is betting their own money that they're right, or that they're accurate, or that their information is thorough. It's it's not you know, the wild Gaven Newsome style, you know, pontificating about truth, justice and whatever.
Speaker 2: Trump is hitler.
Speaker 1: It's if exports are likely to rise causing X, Y and.
Speaker 2: Z, people really really want to know that.
Speaker 1: So anyway, combination of the terriff uncertainty, the labor uncertainty.
Speaker 2: And a couple other things.
Speaker 1: There are a lot of really really nervous people in the world of finance in business right now. So anything that calms the waters, I think will be welcomed because nobody's sure which direction the stuff's gonna go.
Speaker 2: All feels very up in the air.
Speaker 1: Anyway, A word from our friends at Trust and Will, it's super important to take care of this before you know, the inevitable happens.
Speaker 2: You don't know when.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the one. Nobody's sure when it's going to happen. But bye, probably don't put from a major heart attack. It could be you know, I think people know what death is, Jack and we can move on now, but you want to make sure your loved ones.
Speaker 2: Your instructions are clear.
Speaker 1: And with Trust and Will, you can create and manage your customer estate plans starting at just one hundred and ninety nine bucks. You looked left, but you didn't look right when you cross the street. Yeah, you should have one of these. You can go online and do it yourself. This is so cool, step by step process from start to finish. Now there's live customer support. I mean, you're almost going to need some help with some questions, but chat, phone or email. They've got all the different states, so it depends on what state years, but they know all the state laws that's in the program and everything like that. To lay this out. Then you can manage your trust will online with they're easy to use website. It's all customized to you secure your assets, protect your loved ones, don't make them go through probate. Hey with trust and Will get twenty percent off on your estate plan by visiting Trustinwill dot com slash armstrong twenty percent off trust Anddwill dot com slash armstrong.
Speaker 2: I'd hate to get hit hit by a bus. That'd be a bad way to go. A vehicle, you'd prefer different sort of.
Speaker 1: Any vehicle really is no good. But bus seems like that's completely on me. Oh yeah, yeah, I see what you're saying. Yeah, there's no you get hit by a car. Think we get all kinds of circumstances you die in a car wreck. I mean we've all probably known people. It's horrific, all kinds of it. But hit by a bus almost guaranteed he didn't. I mean it's like when people find out there's the jack didn't look both ways.
Speaker 2: Oh, not surprising. Yeah, that's a good point.
Speaker 1: People will judge you in the headline is that it's your fault.
Speaker 2: Yes, you don't have to say it because everybody's thinking. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, speaking of the dirty commis, I thought this was interesting. Chiesion Ping has tightened the leash on communist officials lavish living and they're heavy boozing. They talk about how for a long time the Communist Party, the officials various levels, they get together and they drink like crazy, they eat gourmet food. They all smoke cigarettes that are paid for by the party, I guess, and Chiesion Ping is calling for a new era of, you know, more thrifty activity by the commis. Let's see the party cigarettes and boothe Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: Here's the quote.
Speaker 1: The party center has beaten drums and swung hammers, issued orders time and again, but some officials turned to deaf bear and showed no fear or awe for such problems. We must insist on zero tolerance penalties, including censure, probation, demotion, removal from positions, and expulsion from the party.
Speaker 2: Isn't this a history of communism?
Speaker 1: Though? Is everybody just kind of nobody's taken this seriously. Is this whole thing's a fake? It's a whole thing's a fraud. Oh yeah, yeah. So Beijing reinforced its messages with updates to its frugality rules for party and state workers, adding provisions that included an explicit ban against serving alcohol, gourmet dishes, and cigarettes at official meals. A ban on gourmet dishes, that's right. I wonder who draws the line on gourmet. Look at his onion ranch dip and laced potato chips. That's my gourmet. There are the roughly potato chips, though those are fancy.
Speaker 2: Other clauses this is the part I really liked.
Speaker 1: Prohibit floral displays and elaborate backdrops at work meetings.
Speaker 2: This backtoy is too elaborate. What wait a minute.
Speaker 1: You're building a bridge for Wuhan backdrop is awfully elaborate. The new rules added to a twenty thirteen frugality code are meant to promote the view that thrift is glorious. But so it reminds me I'd heard this many times throughout my life, but I heard somebody say it the other day, The old Soviet joke that was if you're a communist, and I wonder about these people in the Communist Party if it's true to a certain extent. We pretend to work and they pretend to pay us. That's the agreement we have, So it's probably good like that. We pretend we're really into this whole thing and and they pretend that they care, and then we're going along with Yeah, yeah, yeah, thrift is glorious. Next time your sweetheart wants to spend wildly, mention that to her or am yes, honey, enough with the elaborate backdrops. Yeah, and then tell them give up your soul's desire for freedom or what's our favorite clip?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's rough actually during COVID, no kidding.
Speaker 1: Speaking of China, before we take a break, the top US General for the Middle East yesterday announced that ninety percent of Iran's oil is being purchased by China to keep them afloat China holes. Absolutely so, China is effectively supporting and financing Iran's malign behavior, including their rush to get a bomb, said the SITCOM Chief General Eric Kurilla yesterday during a congressional hearing. That is that's a problem, and the whole deal maybe next hour two New York Times breaks down pretty simply what's going on with the Iran deal. We're either gonna let them enrich and hope that they follow the rules, or we're gonna go to war. It's almost that stark at this point in terms of the deal between US and are.
Speaker 2: In, and it's getting so little attention.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, heck yeah me you know because uh elon and la and a variety of other things, a mailbag on the way and a bunch of other stuff.
Speaker 2: So just stay here.
Speaker 5: We have feared has arrived.
Speaker 1: The moment we have feared has arrived, according to Gavin Newsom last night. We'll play a little of his speech in hour two and then great response to all this in the National Review from Rich Lowry. This is not what authoritarianism authoritarian being an authority trying to run as hmm, I don't know, you want to pay me to be your substitute, like it's the Civil War? Yes, authoritarianism look like. That's not that's this is not what it looks like. And we'll run through that for you. I think you'll like it. Great freedom loving quote of the day George W. Romney, father of Mitt Art, moderate widely admired politician back in the day. Extremism in defense of liberty is not a vice. But I denounce political extremism of the left or the right based on duplicity, falsehood, fear, violence, and threats when they endanger liberty. That sounds like the kind of thing politicians used to say, kind of complicated. Long, You're not going to raise any money on Twitter with that sort of statement, right.
Speaker 2: Own, Libs drink their tears. Not right toalking. Trump's hiller, Trump's mmler, that's right. Mail bag, Oh my god, druve us a note mail bag at Armstrong and Getty dot com.
Speaker 1: We're struggling to find the right term, a brief term we could all remember to refer to roughly twenty nineteen through twenty twenty four or so, when the most obvious basic ideas America is the land of the free. Hard work is good, you can get ahead in this country. A man is a man, a woman as a woman. A boy shouldn't play on girls' sports teams. If you're a racist, you're a racist, doesn't matter what color you are. No, this country wasn't founded on slave but all of the basic bedrock ideas were suddenly taboo to say, or you'd lose your career, or they'd shut you into your house for months because of COVID uh and and the best we came up with yesterday was the Great Oppression. Mike nailed it. I believe we should refer to this time frame as the Great Repression because it sounds more like depression, easier to remember the Great Repression. I'm tracking. Yeah, I love that. I think you got it, Mike. We will refer to that period henceforth. That's the Great Repression.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: Jim the San Diego writes, Guys, I've been listening every day for about seven years. You have the best show in the country.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Jim.
Speaker 1: That is very kind, got one, It's very kind. Today I was driving with my wife listening to the show. Talking about immigration. You asked the quintessential question that everyone seems to repeat. If we deport the people in the country illegally, who will do the jobs Americans don't want to do. My wife, a naturalized American citizen, looked at the car radio and yelled, maybe the millions of people waiting years and years to legally come to America.
Speaker 2: That's a good one.
Speaker 1: And I looked into it briefly. Rights best I could find it is that in twenty twenty three, thirty five million people applied to legally immigrate, not migrate, birds migrate, humans immigrate. Good thanks for the great show you, Jack, Katie, Katie the News Lady, Michael Agel and Hansson make my day better.
Speaker 2: Thank you You're very very.
Speaker 1: Kind and that you know, people bring up comprehensive immigration reform all the time, but I've always said that that's just a dodge for I want to leave it the way it is because it's so messy. But how is that not more of a conversation. We have thirty five million people applying to get in, but no good, decent system to let them in. No, we punish them, we drain them of money, we treat them like garbage. And these are the law abiding, ambitious are people that we want. Hey, it is nuts, it's it. Yeah, it's it's unspeakably nuts. Anyway, moving along, not much time left to I'll switch right to the practical email of the day from Adam. Hey, Jack, you're asking about cleaning your windshield, Yes, inside and out, because a new car has a miraculously clear windshield and it's never like that in correct. And you're at a car show, Yes, a big cross that car show. But I didn't want to ask some old guy because I have fraid he'd talk to me for half an hour. Yeah, and your son gave you the excellent advice. Ask a young guy who's afraid you're that old guy, and you'll both keep it brief.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's just fabulous, well done, son, Jack.
Speaker 1: You can clean a windshield like new by using two separate microfibers. Use the first one with a lot of cleaner to get the big dirt and debris, and use a small spray with a new microfiber to get rid of the swipe marks. Also, try your best to do this early morning. You're at nights, so the windshield is cooler. This also helps white marks. I'll bet that is a part of the thing too, when the windshield is cool. Okay, I'll try that. So one soapy cloth and one barely with a cleanser cloth. Yeah, you gotta buy some the windshield is cool, I have learned. You gotta buy some good window cleaner, not Windex. Windex is worthless for that sort of stuff. There's there's much better, more expensive, but much better. Okay, cool, thanks for the tip. We got some good stuff an hour two. This is not authoritarianism.
Speaker 2: Yes, I did it.
Speaker 6: I said it.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty