Speaker 1: Oh, you actually did it? Yeah, okay, I told you just roll right into bull chat.
Speaker 2: And I realized that I was calling something the scotty jerk bell. This cannot that's that does sound wrong?
Speaker 1: No, well you were saying it really fat, really wrap it over and over again, so it sounded it sounded very dirty. Well, this is gonna be a quick bull check. No no, no, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 2: No, yes, it's it's it's it's yes, because as of this recording, the show that we both work for is going on vacation. Scott is not going on vacation. Scott is very stressed. If I, oh, I think I actually do have it on camera. Oh, and the show is on vacation right now, the big show that we work for, regardless, blah blah blah. Welcome to a Wednesday. It's June twenty ninth. Before we started recording, you said.
Speaker 1: I don't even want to be here. What, Yes, I have it on video? You do? Yes? No, I said I want to go home, But you also were like, I don't want to be here. It's not true. Yes, I'll look like okay if I'm wrong, because you're.
Speaker 2: Stressed, because you're what, Oh, I thought that was Jake we're talking about, and the reflection looks like Jake was here. Stop with the I gotta take a toy away. Don't take my toy away. But you are very stressed and overworked, so why would you go and do another hour of talking?
Speaker 1: Okay, you know what, Let's just see how it goes. How about that, because sometimes.
Speaker 2: This is time twelve o'clock, it's gonna be like, oh, you don't even understand.
Speaker 1: Sometimes it's commute and know what's going on. Sometimes it makes me insane. I don't know. We'll just have to see, all right. So anyway, welcome to ball Chat. This is the sister podcast to Serial Killers Serial Killers. As we talk about cereal, we eat it, we try it, we rate it, and you know this one we don't really talk about cereal. However, I will really quick open a box of something that Sam got us because it was very kind of her to get it for us. I think Sam's here. Producers try it with her. No, I don't, Oh my god, you're so rude. It's legit just marshmallows, I know, but I thank her and her fiance will. Shouldn't we have her just to like have a scoop. No, I think it's fine. No, that would be nice. No, because it just please Andrew, it'll be nice. It messes the flow up?
Speaker 2: How does it mess the flow up? We have people that walk in with the recording line on.
Speaker 1: Do you remember the one time that they we'll do it next week? No, just have the marshmallows. I don't understand what you're doing. Hey, Sam, how do you like these marshmallows? Oh? They're great? Okay, thanks for stopping by. I mean, what, what what are you doing? It'll be nice?
Speaker 2: What what else do we have planned? We're just gonna try marshmallows and say, oh, that was good.
Speaker 1: Anyway, we have things to talk about, like what, Oh, go ahead, open up those lucky chromas marshmallows. Go ahead. There's like a spit in these. There's no spite. Remember they were hand jamming and you were like, I will never try them again. Carla Maurice stuck her hand in them. And by the way, Sam's not here. He's still here. Sam is not here. She left a while ago. Just FYI she didn't she did, so still here. You know what brings Sam in? I would like to have her on, bring her, bring her in, bring her in. I want to have her in shat go check her studio. No, no, no, just just you know, text her I did. Oh my goodness, Okay, these are soft, and i'd like. I don't know if they're soft because of their stale or if because they're supposed to be soft. I like them. You try this, Oh, she is home told you you smell smoke. Yeah, I'm not kidding, right, and not the wacky smoke like your actual like fire smoke. Wacky smoke. Yeah, what's wacky smoke? You know? The pot stuff? The pot stuff? These are soft. I like these. Listen. If they're supposed to be soft, I like them. I don't like soft marshmallows, Oh I do. Marshmallows are supposed to be soft. Uh like when you do s'mores, you don't have crunchy marshmallows. Those things are just turn into dust. Oh I like these, salmon, William, thank you so much for the marshmallow mania that you got from It's sugar and won't have salmon to review. I guess the dingle berries, she thought. I don't understand that. The dingle berries. Yes, it looks like a box of cereal, but it is a box of chocolate covered gummy bears.
Speaker 2: We should have had those, fell so athletic. We should have done those when snack Jason was on, because oh.
Speaker 1: My god, they we're here too. Yeah, I like that guy. We should have them back in. We should We should have more snack reviews. Hey, I have a question, Yeah, maybe we do.
Speaker 2: We're always looking for Friday content, right, what if we do once a month with snacks?
Speaker 1: I like that me too, and we'll bring stuff into Yeah, so when's team up with Jason? Yeah? I don't think he'll come in that often. I think so. Yeah. Yeah, Okay, when's the last time you were at the supermarket? I know you don't go much, You're not much of a shopper, but I mean, have you been to the supermarket in the last month? Like, do you go every once in a while? Yeah? Yeah, Now I have to ask you. Are you a stash hole? Do you know what that is? Do I stash things? Yeah? Like this came to mind the other day. I've been I've seen it obviously for years, and you see it at the supermarket too. But I was in the bread aisle and in the middle of the wonderbread and the Sarah Lee one that they have on the bottom shop there there was a package of sushi. Get rid of this.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, No, I needed it has the ratings on it. I don't want to see your spit.
Speaker 1: It's not spit, yes it is. Yeah, it's disgusting. Okay, I move my handle lot and I don't want my hand to touch your spit iced tea anyway. So what I was getting at was so people will put things in their cart and then decide that they don't want it, and they just leave it wherever they are.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, no, no, that's not me. I make it a point to go back to where I picked it up.
Speaker 1: Well, especially if it's something that's cold or frozen. What a jerk, Such a jerk movie. You know, the guy at the sushi counter took the time that that's his creation right there. He made the California roll. And you know what, I don't want this. They just throw it on the wonder bread. Yeah terrible. So now they can't sell that anymore. Yeah, and it's wasted. And I just I don't like inconsiderate people like that. Like you'll be at the checkout and they'll be like a hungry man TV dinner in the Hirshey bars doesn't make sense. I don't want this and they just throw it there.
Speaker 2: I understand if you're going to check out and you need to lose items and you say a checkout, okay, I don't want this anymore.
Speaker 1: Right, But you say to the cashier and they put it in the cold throw back exactly instead of being a jerk and putting it into the gum rack. You know there's a there's your Orlando Lakes butter is sitting there with your carefree gum. I without do they still make care free? I don't know if they still make care for what you're talking about. You don't know what carefree gum is. I don't know care free gum, then maybe they don't make it anymore. Well, you're not much of a gum cheer anyway, are you.
Speaker 2: I mean so, I used to be a giant gum chewer, and then I realized that it gave me really bad stomach cramps.
Speaker 1: But that's only if you swallow it.
Speaker 2: No, because you don't realize when you're chewing gum, you're constantly letting air in, and so you could give yourself like really bad stomach cramps.
Speaker 1: Sound like I'm like an orbit an extra guy. Sometimes the ice cubes, the one that come in the containers that are sood whatever they call them. But we talked about this a very long time ago. I'm just I'm just curious if they still make them. Hey, Siri, do they Oh uh huh? Do they still make carefree gum? Okay, I found this on the web for do they still make care free Gum? Check it out.
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, they do make carefree Gum. I've seen it now, I'm realizing it. It's like a white logo and yeah, I'm picturing it in my head what it looks like.
Speaker 1: And you know what she said, check it out and nothing came up carefree. I know that carefree is pantyliners. Can I say? I don't understand the hype around Minions. There's a new movie coming out. I don't get it.
Speaker 2: How are they like seventy four movies in and like six spinoffs. I'm confused. What is it that's appealing about Despicable Me?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I've never seen any of them, although I did like your kids like them. Yeah, I think so. The preview was kind of cute that we saw in the movie. I don't know, like Carefree comes up, but I don't think you can buy it anymore. For shiny, and the.
Speaker 2: Memes are so bad, all these Minion memes, and I just don't get it.
Speaker 1: Okay, all these stores that sell like old timey candy, they have it, So I don't think it's that readily available anymore. I'm sorry. Minions, yes, I mean they're cute. I like the One Eyed Guy. Whatever, I don't get it.
Speaker 2: You know, what's a movie that you, oh, please don't with the movies, I don't know, but go ahead. I was gonna say, is there a movie or something that just wasn't worth the hype to you?
Speaker 1: There have been a few, I just off the top of my head. I cannot remember. I couldn't even like I went to the movies with Cooper. Oh we saw Bob's Burgers. Oh you did. Yeah it was okay.
Speaker 2: My friend Alexa, who loves that show, she said she was hoping she was gonna be laughing more and she didn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, it was okay. It was just a long episode as all it was. I mean, I don't know. She fell in a hole. There was a hole in front of the in front of the Burger Place, and I'll wait for it to come out on big weekend and they couldn't sell burgers and it just it wasn't. It wasn't. It could have been way better. Yeah, you know, but were there a lot of musical numbers too? There were some.
Speaker 2: See that's the thing that like, there's some that are good on Bob's Burger's musical number wise that.
Speaker 1: Is there at the end, there's a different one at the end of every episode. Right.
Speaker 2: I think Bob's Burgers is very clever. Probably one of the best animated shows of all time. I will say that right now. I think it is one of the best. It's the humor. Once it clicks, it's great.
Speaker 1: I'm more of a family guy guy.
Speaker 2: I was, but then Family Guy felt like kind of got stale. It's the same formula over and over and over again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's what makes it work, you know. I'll still I won't watch it for weeks. Jokes just don't hit.
Speaker 2: And then it's just you're watching it and it's just so fast paced that you're like, Okay, I.
Speaker 1: Have to say that. That's one animated show where I will just sit in bed at night going to sleep and I'll just watch an episode from the previous week and I'll just laugh. Yeah, Like, there aren't many shows where I you know, there's some shows where you feel like you must laugh because the audience is laughing and it was supposed to be funny. But I will there is no laugh track and family guy. Yeah, so I will just sit there in l ol for real. We you know you I that has got to stop, by the way, Like, I know it's people have said it for years already, But if you're not actually laughing, don't write lol. Smiley face is cool. But when I say something to you and you're right, well, you didn't laugh, and if you did, it wasn't out loud because you were by yourself. Am I wrong?
Speaker 2: Is this the hill you're on today? No, it's going to add this to your hundred percent. Now anytime someone says one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: See now, I'm just a trendy thing to say. I'm simply saying that if you're not actually doing it, maybe you shouldn't say it. I know it's a thing. I know it's a thing, but whatever, that's fine. Next, Thank you? Next?
Speaker 2: Yeah, bobs Burgers. That makes me sad. Okay, I'm gonna wait for that to come out. I won't negotiate it in theaters.
Speaker 1: I would like to. It'd be a family guy movie. There was there was supposed to be when it was the lost episode, but it was. They rant it on.
Speaker 2: They made it a DVD. I got that for my as a confirmation gift. Really, with a portable DVD player, i'd see. The south Park movies were not that great.
Speaker 1: The first one was longer, uncut, whatever that thing was. That's the only south Park movie. There's only have another one. No, there's only been one south Park movie in theater. Really. Yeah, that one was okay? No, because there what did I watch? Okay, that's fine? Yeah, but what did I watch a couple of months ago that you told me to watch? It was and you were like, you didn't like it? Oh, the Pandemic special. Yeah, it was long also, so it was kind of like a movie. I didn't like that one at all.
Speaker 2: So that's another one I was going to talk about. I have loved south Park ever since I was in maybe fifth grade? Did you watched every single season?
Speaker 1: But did you see the original Santa Claus thing? Like? That was the very that was when it was underground. I remember being in Cubby's apartment in Secaucus, probably nineteen ninety eight, somewhere in there, seven eight, and he's like, you got to watch this, and it was a I don't know. I don't think it could have been VHS. Could it have been VHS without a doubt he might because it was like one of the record reps from one of the record labels, say hey man, you got to watch this because it was going around at the time. It was like this underground thing and it was spreading like that. Now, of course it'd be online.
Speaker 2: But see the same thing happened with skating videos and I never knew this was like a thing. That's how Jackass got started. People would pass around in skate shops like tapes of them doing like pranks and skateboarding and stunts, and that's how like Jackass was formed. That they collided like groups to make it happen.
Speaker 1: No, I'm pretty sure that the people at Jackass saw the Greg T videos that I recorded and they're like, you know what, that's a great concept. They're not doing anything with it. We are going to make a TV show out of it, and went to MTV. If Greg T and I and the Morning show would have gone to MTV with our tapes. Dude, we'd have been a huge sensation. Well do you remember that time with the baby seat. I don't even you were not even this is before anyone else did. They did that too, which is crap. Well they were doing it, but it was all passed around. Like you're saying, there was no internet, so things weren't share I know that, but there were tapes that would go around local skate shops of people doing what you were doing. But I don't think it was that long ago, like in the late nineties. What in ninety six ninety seven, Like Greg t and I were in a parking lot with a baby seat, and so Greg was on his phone with one hand, yeah, had coffee, and the other was like holding the baby seat under his arm and then put it on top of the cars like all right, honey, yah, yeah, I'll be there a little bit. Gotten still here. I know he popped in before, but he left. Dang, that would have been fun.
Speaker 2: I really want to have him on one day to like recount maybe his like some of your favorite stunts of all time, because I don't think anybody's ever sat down with the.
Speaker 1: Two of you have a list. I have a comprehensive list of all of them.
Speaker 2: I would love to interview both of you and talk about some of your big stunts.
Speaker 1: And I have videos of most of them, which is what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And I'll put it in just like I did with the Spoonies. Oh that's hard, but I know how to do that. That's a lot of work. They're they're all on VHSC tapes.
Speaker 1: But weren't they converted? Yeah, but if they're converted, then I have them and I'll include them. And they're on a stick somewhere. Yeah, Okay, if.
Speaker 2: You could find it, I will. I would love that, and I think our audience would love that too. Because the radio show that we worked for, or work for up until two thousand and six, it was a local. It was a New York show, yeah, and so if you were in the New York area, it was like the big New York show. And they did a bunch of pranks when I was growing up. I remember when he got pushed down a hill in a shopping cart. Yeah, and I still laugh. That was treacherous hill.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. And if Greg t came to your town, wow, that was you know that was a thing. Yeah, everybody came out. It was so different. It was so like we would say what town we were going to, and dozens of people would come find us, and it would actually ruin the bit sometimes because we were like doing something. Look, sometimes it wasn't exactly how you heard it because back then people weren't looking for it online. You know. So if we said that he was, you know, doing this rolling down, he was in a washing machine getting turned around, right, That didn't actually happen. We just put the phone in the washing machine and he put his head in there and we turned it on. So it was klan klang klan clanging around. He was not in the washing machine.
Speaker 2: See, this is what I think I want to do. I would love to do this.
Speaker 1: He also never went down his mom's chimney. That was a load of bs. I don't remember that one first. So you can't climb down a chimney. Yeah, sorry, Santa, FYI you can't. Santa is not real. No, he's real, but he doesn't go down the chimney, just so you know, he gets stuck. Yeah, I don't. You can barely even get your foot in most chimneys, and they all have those raccoon caps. Anyway, what are you looking at? I got the weirdest text? Did I tell you I get the weirdest text the other day? No? And I felt really bad and I surely want that iced tea but I can't reach it. No, No, you don't have to get up. I'll have in the car. No, I'll have to pee. Please sit down. I don't want it because I'm to pee on the way home. Do you know what my drive is like? Andrew? I said no, but thanks? No means no, Andrew, Okay, go talk to Nancy. That's different, Okay, you and your paper straws. Can we Well, that's the ones that they give you at Columbia, So you should stop at a different place and get me a plastic one.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not going to stop at a whole other restaurant so that I could get you a plastic spoons.
Speaker 1: I'm sure the straw digga next door has plastic. Well, they don't care about you, so stock up on plastic straw Do I have a thousand of them?
Speaker 2: I know you do that in your styrofoam containers. Okay, so can we make that happen?
Speaker 1: Whatever? Can we make that happen. Don't ask me.
Speaker 2: I'm in okay, I'll text Tea and then we'll do like a fun bowl chat presents episode. Yes, but I have to get where Serial Killers presents episode. I'll make that a Friday bonus. It'll be talking about the wackiest the things you should have seen. There's like four or five of them where he got arrested. Yeah, I have a little asterisk next to the one where he got arrested.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: And what we could also do is on the iPad play them and have you react to them.
Speaker 1: That would be so fun. I want to do it, and I could put the whole thing together. I have a lot of work, but I want to do it. I could put it all together because those things are not edited. Do you remember the Spoonies.
Speaker 2: Do you remember how you were like, you're gonna put the clips in and then you watched it and you actually texted me.
Speaker 1: Listen, sir, you texted me on the side and you were like, Wow, that was actually a really great job Andy. Okay, it was, but you are could have been better. You are so busy. There's no way that you have time to go through fifty hours of unedited tape.
Speaker 2: Well again, I'm asking you to maybe do some leg work and find it and then I clip it and put it up and I'll have everything synced up and ready.
Speaker 1: I'll get you the thing here you go, man, and then stick it in your computer.
Speaker 2: Why can't you do any of the work and then hand it off to the younger person who has to then go through all that.
Speaker 1: I don't know how to do that work. What am I supposed to do? Put it on your I just give you like a timestamp, Yes, okay, I can. That's literally it, all right. I could do that. See, you know all that vacation time that I have coming up. I guess I could just sit on my computer. Yeah, while you're just sitting here, you could are you doing? Are you working from home? Yeah? I'm gonna stay home. That's nice. Yeah, unless they're unless there's some content there better not be a contest, you know that. That's what sucks about I love. Everybody that was able to work from home is spoiled as all hell. Okay, so we were not able to do that because we have to be here to touch buttons and push buttons. But just to kind of understand the logistics of it, when the morning show is on vacation, it's not a live show, so I don't physically have to be here to turn things on and off. I can just load everything into the computer and just kind of it's in what they call auto and it just kind of runs. Yeah, I don't have to push any buttons, so I can do it from home when it is a best of show. But if there's a call in contest, I can't answer the phone from my house.
Speaker 2: Which is so weird because you think they have like a call forwarding option of some sort.
Speaker 1: You would think, but then again, do I want all the two four to two zero one hundred numbers ringing in my house? I don't know. Yeah, But so if there's a call in contest, I have to come into the studio physically. So we'll see. Hopefully there isn't one. I think they're just like enter on the website contest for the next couple of weeks. So there's that, Okay, ooh yep, oh, we'll be back right after this. This is the halfway mark of bull Chat and we're back. Wow. What that was funny. You know, it's weird how they configure the commercials. Sometimes there's like a thirty and a fifteen. Sometimes there's a thirty and two fifteens. Sometimes there's a thirty and then nothing for a little bit. Yeah, and then sometimes there are two of the same commercials back to back, like the McDonald's one. Could you go to McDonald's it just get a drink or Mickey D's and only get a drink? Of course you can.
Speaker 2: I remember I think I was in kindergarten or preschool. Yeah, it was kindergarten when I found out that McDonald's was called Mickey D's.
Speaker 1: Life changing moment. Why it was, Yeah, it's like Nicky d. Some people said Mickey D's and you know what it meant until you found Yeah, I was young. It was like four or five years old. Yeah. I don't go there much anymore now. I do like I like the classic old school McChicken. That's what I don't like the big fancy chicken sandwiches because basically what it is, it's a chicken McNugget, one big giant chicken McNugget on a bun is what it is, with lettuce and some mayo. I like that.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to think, think there really is like no way to break into the fast food market these days, it's all done. Like what would be a new chain that could really come out that could shake things up.
Speaker 1: I don't know about a chain, but you could do like a mom and pop kind of fast food joint, but that would be so freestanding.
Speaker 2: You know, in Kentucky they had a couple of those where you just would stop in and then it was like a drive through, so you'd be.
Speaker 1: Well, that's the thing if you like, if you're able to do one in your neighborhood where you're from, and people know that you're part of the community, they will support you. Just like in my neighborhood, there's been a hardware store since like nineteen sixty something called Trio Hardware, and you know, this guy Bruce started it, or maybe his dad did, I don't know. And it has moved location since and a friend of mine from high school owns it now. And you know, since then, it's because like a home depot try to open at one point and they wouldn't allow it, Like they just wouldn't allow it somehow, you know, the town was strong enough to not let a big box store open. Amazing, And then it's like the South Park episode, right, and then probably a year or two ago, like there was a vacancy and an ACE Hardware opened and it's not terribly far from where the local mom and pop hardware store is, but nobody goes to the ACE. I don't ever see anybody in there because people in the community like to support your community. So if you were to have opened like a mom and pop fast food joint, and there are some of them, but they're in strip malls, I feel like if you want to be like a fast food restaurant, you need to be a freestanding restaurant with a drive here, old bank whatever, yeah, or an old bank or an old fast food place that we're out of business, like back in the day all the I don't know if you had a roy Rogers where you were, but I'm pretty sure they were fairly national, or maybe they were a more East coast but I never had it, but I remember seeing the signs. Yeah, so roy Rogers when they closed, Wendy's bought most of the roy Rogers, but the one by my house there was a Burger King and a roy Rogers right next to each other. So the person that owned the Burger King was like, nope, fu and they bought the property and then they opened a bank there. So now it's just Burger King and nothing next to it. Because they were competitors for many, many years. I would have loved the Wendy's because I love Wendy's. We've talked about this before. Wendy's is probably my favorite of the fast food I just think it's the best quality of those types of restaurants. Can't beat that a fresh grilled meat. But then there's regional ones too, like you know, oo Jangles and Taco John's never had because they're big chains, but they're regional big chains. I read that they're trying to bring what is it, Carls Junior Parties. They're trying to bring a West Coast chain here. Don't tell me it's in and out because I just don't care.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's in and out. I think it's actually they're trying to bring back the water burger. Mm hmmm, the one that serves like snacks. Snacks, not snacks. You've mentioned this before.
Speaker 1: Snacks while while you're thinking of it, have you seen hot dog on a stick? They're very West Coast. Uh. I know there's one in Santa Monica. They're all around like southern California. I don't know if they spread further than that, but they make the kids that work there were these stupid ass costumes. Please please search it. Search hot dog on a stick and do images. It's a it's a hot dog place. You know. They have all different kinds of hot dogs. I don't even know if they're actually on a stick, unless maybe they have corn dogs. But they make all different kinds of hot dogs. And it's a very far West. Look at the outfit that they have to wear. They make the wear this dumb hat. They look like they're in the circus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would hate that. I wouldn't work there just for the costume exactly.
Speaker 1: It's so funny. I'm a uniform.
Speaker 2: Sorry, yeah, sure, it's a uniform. Yeah, what was it gonna say?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I thought that was Carl Murray. It's not.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, I know who that is. And I'm gonna I'm cracking up laughing right now. Okay, you'll tell me later. Oh yeah, okay, I can't wait.
Speaker 1: Okay, So what I was saying, Oh the chain that was coming, that was the snacks? Oh my god, something Jack Jack in the Box, Back in the Box. Yeah, there's snacks. It's a fast food place. I know.
Speaker 2: But like you've mentioned it before that you would go there with Elvis when you would be in California and get like all little.
Speaker 1: Fun fact, the same Roy Rogers that I was just talking about when I was really little was a Jack in the Box. And then Jack in the Box moved away from the East Coast, so it just became Jacks. Someone bought them and they were a bunch of Jacks, and then the Jacks closed and it turned into Roy Rogers and then that was it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so they're bringing it back there. They uh stopped with there. They're putting it in Pennsylvania, and I think they're putting one in New York.
Speaker 1: Shut up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're trying to bring it back up because they've noticed that, like chains whatever, they're trying to push them.
Speaker 1: I love Jack in Box. I always had. I always felt cool because I would go out to California for vacation or whatever, and the first thing I would do is go to Jack in the Box. The one time Elvis took me there, that's what we did. We got off the plane, went to Jack in the Box, got a Monster Taco. I always wanted to go there. First of all, there it was very weird because their monster taco. It was so damn greasy. But it was the hard shell with you know, the meat that they shovel in there with the yemp shovel some lettuce. But it had like a full slice of American cheese. It was a full It wasn't shredded. It was just a full slice of cheese, just jammed in the side. And it was never melted either. So it was really weird, but somehow strangely delicious. I could believe it. Greasy is all. Hell, Oh, I could believe it. But I would go there and they would sell the little jack balls that you put on your antenna. Wat's an antenna. I know what an antenna is. Cars don't have antennas anymore. Yeah. No, if you see a car with an antenna, it's probably like three twenty ten. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And there's no radios anymore that people are actively bringing with them.
Speaker 1: Well no, no, nor I know. I bring mine to the beach every time. That's what I'm saying. Cars still have built in FM radios and A radios, but the antennas are built into like the windshield in the little squiggly little dot, or it's that one the small, little cool looking antenna that also does the GPS and whatever that's on the roof. But yeah, and you know, used to go to a car wash and you'd have to take off the antenna otherwise it would come out bent. We're not responsible for your antenna or any accessories.
Speaker 2: I want to get you a sign that says that I think that that would be a fun little throwback. Then it would wind up in your attic and then you'll be going through things like six years from now and be like, oh.
Speaker 1: I love it so much, I'm never going to get rid of this. But I of course thought I was the coolest kid because my dad's Cadillac El Dorado when there was a button inside that you could lower and raise the antenna so it would go down and go up. And when I was a kid, one time I was just sitting in the car and I raised it and lowered it, raised it and lowered, and it broke and I didn't say anything.
Speaker 2: That's the thing about Rolls Royces that I like too, not about antenna's. But they have the umbrellas in the side doors. What Yeah, And they have the little thing that's well, you mean like it comes with an umbrella.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And if when you open the door you just push this thing in an umbrella pops out. What if you forget to put it back in? Then does no umbrella? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean something tells me if you're walking around with a rolltroic umbrella, you remember you brought one.
Speaker 1: I guess did you ever crash your dad's car when you were little? No? I did.
Speaker 2: I made my mom really upset once I lied about driving.
Speaker 1: How old were you?
Speaker 2: I was fifteen at the time, and I drove around our development because my friend Nick's brother Anthony led us and I told my sister in confidence like, oh yeah, he let us drive last night.
Speaker 1: And what does Jackie do?
Speaker 2: Narks me out, yeah, And then my parents were like did you do that? And I was like no, I really didn't. And then my dad was like, you could be honest, like just tell us, and I did. And then my mom was like devastated and I will never forget the look on her face, and I.
Speaker 1: Was like I did it. She was like so disappointed for you. Man. My brother was a big I'm telling mommy also brother, like I would get in trouble. You had a nark brother. I had a nark brother. I remember I had like a little pack cigars in my jacket pocket, I'm telling mommy, and he did and I got in trouble. But of course I was holding them for someone else. Oh they're not mine, yea, for not mine, just imagining you smoking cigars. There were the little ones. That's when I rode my bike to super Rex see cigars. I could never my dad smokes cigar. Scars are disgusting. I'm talking, okay. There were always these. There were the little cherry ones, the long cherry ones with the little wooden thing on the end of it. I would never go like the big I mean, I think like every once in a while we would get the big ones and like try to be going to bite the end off. We saw on TV and it was so disgusting. With one puff and just throw it, probably start a forest fire. Only you can prevent forest fires. Look at that smoky, smokey bear shure. Yeah. So, but no, I did crash my dad's car when I was probably six or seven at the oldest well, because he was he was dropping something off at somebody's house. I remember, I so vividly remember this. He pulled into the drive It was like some little Toyota piece of crap. But he pulled into the driveway. This is probably in like nineteen eighty oh wow, yeah, maybe eighty one, something like that, and he claims that he turned the car off. My little mind remembers it being on. But it was a it was an it was a manual transmission. You know what that is, right? Yes, so you have to like shift? Yes, okay, So apparently I was really just asked me if I know manuals.
Speaker 2: Want to make sure they don't really make that. I mean, they make them, but they're not really that like in Europe, everybody is manually. These kids nowadays could never drive one.
Speaker 1: But again in Europe and most of the rest of the world, we're not in Europe, so most kids don't have the chance to go to Europe and learn how to drive a manual transmission.
Speaker 2: But still saying that do you know what manual is, and then just going with the assumption that they don't drive on anymore. I didn't say that they've tried many a time and far between. They're like special orders and the ukids just in the US, yes, correct, the rest of the world understand. I understand history phrasing it so this way it doesn't sound so foreign.
Speaker 1: I understand. Where's the music things here? So nothing, I'm going to get to something there anyway. So apparently what I did was I knocked it into gear while it was sitting in the driveway. I still say that it was running because I don't think it could have done what it did if I just knocked it into gear. So I either knocked it into gear or whatever. And the car went forward and smashed through the living room of the house. Oh no, yes, And I was like, yeah, of course. I mean, I don't think it did as much damage as I'm making it. Like, it broke, like the front window broke. And we're not talking like a cartoon shape of the car. No, no, no, no. But you know, back then they had these big like I do they call them picture windows. Yeah, the front was like, so the window broke, you know, and I got in so much trouble. But I still blame my dad. I think he left it running. I really do, I really do. I can believe it. Yeah, so you sent me an interesting picture the other day. You were watching TV. Yeah, Now, did you watch the whole episode.
Speaker 2: I did not know because I turned it on, took a picture, and then it was Father's Day too, so it's like, oh, this is gonna make him smile, especially on Father's Day.
Speaker 1: I have to say those BMX episodes were never good. I hated when they were doing BMX and I hated when they were racing the cars around the track. The whole episode revolved around like car racing or BMX bike riding. I thought those were stupid and just time fillers, you know. Yeah, so there was really no like crime going on. No, you know, someone wasn't. They were like, well, they were like, you know, stealing mufflers or something from the cars that were racing. It was just dumb, dumb, you know. I like the bank robbery ones better. I can imagine m M. Yeah. I didn't get to see those. You should see the one with the chic m. Yeah. He was this big rich guy. Was he like the main villain of the show. No, but he was. He was in like this souped up car, you know for the late late seventies. It was a Porsche or something like that. It was in a souped up cun But he would go really fast on the freeway. They would pull him over so many times that they were just tired of it already. And then he sucked them into his circle and went on the yacht with them and it was a whole thing, and then they became friends. Oh wow, sounds like a great arc for the Sheik. Always a happy ending, Yeah, you know what. There'd always be like a big smile at a high five at the end or something like that, and and the end would like freeze frame. It'd be like, I don't know, it was so stupid and cheesy.
Speaker 2: Well, I feel like if we were to ever do like a final episode, and I'd be John, I don't even know what that is, Paunch, Eric Strata, Yes, oh, I get to be Eric Destrada. They were a little bit darker, so yes, oh okay cool but but no yeah, yeah, okay, yeah. Like when I used to play Chips with my friend, I would be John, he would be Punch, and we would drive around the neighborhood in your big wheel no, well, your bikes would We would do the bikes and we had like you know, I bought these dumb little flashing lights from the Johnson whatever company. They used to put that catalog out and it was all it was like all these novelties and and Johnson Smith that's what it was called.
Speaker 1: I don't know if they still exist. It was the Johnson Smith company. They used to send these catalogs out with all this dumb crap. You know, it would be like the fake vomit, but it would also be like all these weird like flashing lights and and they had all kinds of garbage. And I loved ordering crap from catalogs when I was a kid. There was nothing better than ordering cheap.
Speaker 2: Garbage catalog during Christmas. To this day, I still think about Yep. I loved the Sears catalog for Christmas. It had everything and anything you could ever want.
Speaker 1: But it was not was was it mail order back then or was it just what they had that was showing you what they had in the store. I have no idea.
Speaker 2: I just remember we would get the catalog, you'd circle what you wanted and then you'd cut out whatever, and then you'd mail it off to Santa, and then who knew what you'd be getting in return.
Speaker 1: I was a big catalog orderer, I used to. But that's how it was back in the day. There was no website, so you would get Amazon payper catalog in the mail, and in the middle would be the order form and you'd have to fill out what you wanted, the quality, and you'd have to figure the tax out in your head. Crazy, put a stamp on the thing and send it in and wait like three weeks until your freaking order arrived. Nuts. It was crazy, but that was that was normal to us. Yeah, I know. And now if the kids don't get the things the next day, what do you mean it's not it's not prime.
Speaker 2: Well what about when the pandemic just like just just started happening.
Speaker 1: I'm a day or two. No, it was like a week, was it.
Speaker 2: And I just remember thinking like stuck up on things you might need, and then it would be like a week waiting time and be like, I don't know how I'm gonna survive without getting this thing.
Speaker 1: Now, God, everyone is so spoiled, the kids especially, you know, like we were used to kind of waiting for things, but we're just spoiled by Amazon and everything, like so fast order it now, have it in three hours.
Speaker 2: Well even internet speeds. Like again, I know what it's like to not have fast internet. I remember dial up, Yes, we've argued about this been.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you remember how slow it was, extremely slow. I'm talking nineteen ninety five, dude, you were three.
Speaker 2: Well my AOL starter discs. That's all I'm going I'm saying. I'm saying before the start, before that. Even I'm telling you, I remember looking at the very first picture. I was at a DJ's house that worked here and it was liked d yeah U. And it was about five minutes before the picture came up. But we were excited, like, oh a picture, you know.
Speaker 1: And it's just it's insane how things work quick. And now you have it on your phone. Yeah, it's all just right there. The whole big computer is right here. Yeah, it's nuts. The thing that used to be in a big room in the sixties is here. Yeah. And this has more memory than that. Did I know? No, I'm fine. Sorry, it's like it's everything. Okay, you shook me. Your phone is checking in on you, it is. Yes. What was I going to say, Jack in the box? No? Oh, the marathon we're gonna run? Okay, tell me all about it. So when is it? Do you want to do a ten k oka? Start with it? Listen, let's start with a five. Okay, I'm I'm I'm pretty sure I can complete a five like you fast. I.
Speaker 2: So here's the thing. I got into running in twenty eighteen. Okay, after the Survivor casting finals, I realized I was not in shape at all. Okay, so it's like now I know because I can run just fine. I can now run at like I could just go for thirty five to forty five minutes.
Speaker 1: Me too. You can, yes, interesting, I can. Okay, I don't. I don't see you being a runner. I can. Can I get your name to ride on the cup Scott uh, I have a cup of coffee for stort Okay, okay, so we'll start with a five K. But I can ride my bike twenty miles easily. Now that's amazing. Listen, We're all good at different things. So you know, see, here's the thing I feel like you. I would want to do a triathlon. Yep. Okay, no, let's not get crazy here, but like you would, you would like be nice and keep up with me, because absolutely I will. I'm not gonna run. I'm going to jog. Listen, I'm gonna do a fast walk. This has always been my thing with you. Have to pace yourself. I enjoy it.
Speaker 2: Everybody has always said, oh, you want to do like distance training or you want to do this.
Speaker 1: I don't want to do distance.
Speaker 2: Whenever I run, it's great to just put on headphones, zone out for thirty five forty minutes and just like enjoy yourself, like Greg and I years ago, probably fifteen years ago did.
Speaker 1: Uh. It was more than a five k, but it was through Central Park, Yeah, and it was you know, it was radio station sponsor, but it was it was like an eighties themed thing. Flock of Seagulls was playing at the end. Fine there it was flock of Seagulls because you know what their song is right now, I ran far away? Oh yeah, yeah, so that's a flock of seagulls. And so as you finished, they were playing that song over and over and over. But no, we did pretty good in that, you know. And they sent us the pictures of us running, you know, because I guess we think we're doing. We're gonna take a quick commercial break. We'll be back right after this. Why do you have to say that every time?
Speaker 2: Okay, I use my phone, yeah, because it's lighting up. Yeah, but I don't I don't look at it.
Speaker 1: Well, I am this is crack. By the way, I gotta get a new thing. Well, I gave you two of my old cases. They won't fit this, and they well the bottom broke off. I gave you two of them that fit the iPhone mini. This is a twelve mini, right, Yeah, the two cases they gave you fit it. Does it have a covering here? No? Well, don't need one, yes, because it breaks otherwise like Cooper Cooper dropped her phone or her camera broke. Wells, look at the cracks. That's because there's a thing there. It's not right on it. I don't know what you guys are dropping it on. I mean they're kids. What was it? Okay, So would you do a tough mutter? No? They do it right out of my house. I know, because I think we're gonna I think we have a team going. It's down there. It's like down there. You could park in my driveway down the street from me. You wouldn't want to do it. No, that's hardcore. It's not it is you get executed and stuff. Oh you don't. They don't rid of those things. No, I don't want to do it. Okay, Fine, I'm not into that, I am. I don't love those things crawling under like army crawl. I don't want to do it. It's fine, it's like endurancy. I like those things. I would just rather ride my bike to the beach. Okay, so we'll sign up for a five k. Yeah, when is it? Well, we can look? Can you look really quick? I mean it's it's this, let me look. This is the season of five ks, I know. So if I do a five k with you? Yeah, will you do like a ten k bike ride with me? Absolutely? Twenty k or whatever it is.
Speaker 2: And I would like to ride my bike prior so I would like to get house. No, I like to come to your house and go on like a bike ride one day.
Speaker 1: Yes, please, practice, yes, please, but I don't like I'm sure you'll be on the Hampton's at some point this summer, so just bring your bikes. I'm sure you'll be on the Hamptons. Yeah, you get flown in the helicopter. Helicopter, I know, I know who you hang out with. Fine events calendar, Greater Along Island. Would I go there? Greater Long Island. It's just called Long Island. I really wish that we could just do one in New York. I mean I wouldn't mind. Okay, okay, great, done New York runs. No, no, no, but you were looking at Long Island. I just had to.
Speaker 2: Let's just look at New York City runs. They have really fun ones. They have like a polar one where they give you hot chocolate.
Speaker 1: Take the train in. It'll be so much fun. We'll go to Jack in the Box. We'll do the whole thing. But you don't have a Jack in the Box. No, but you said we're getting one. Okay, we could do the don't do the ice cream social No, I don't want ice cream.
Speaker 2: Uh what about the Okay, you don't want to do Falling Leave. That's a half math. I wanted island.
Speaker 1: No, I want to do it at the summer. I want to do it like now. Okay, there's one on Sunday. Okay, where is it? Coney Island. No, I'm not going to Brooklyn. I just want to be close. Brooklyn's closed what it is, and I gotta take a train to a subway. You wouldn't just drive? No, that seems weird. No it doesn't. We live here in like the world of mass transit. I don't want to drive. I drive so much during the week. I don't want to drive.
Speaker 2: Into Governor's Island, the Manhattan ice Cream Social fire on my birthday.
Speaker 1: I'm not doing that. You don't even know who my birthday is. I do.
Speaker 2: It's the sixth, right, What about this one? Oh wait, I'm away in Iceland. What about this one?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah, sure, I'll come to Jersey City and do a thing o turkey trot. Do you do Turkey trot? I don't know what that is. Turkey Trot's are the runs that you do on things giving. I'm not doing a run in Jersey City, by the way, I'll there's so many potholes, I'll break my ankle. You know, they have a running course where you run on like the sidewalks and the boardwalksh I run in the park every day or most every day as I can. But we will do one. I'm gonna go home now and take a bike ride, okay, And I'm gonna go home and run. Let's FaceTime each other and run run.
Speaker 2: I get distracted very easily, so your feet don't work anymore.
Speaker 1: When your phone is.
Speaker 2: On, I can change songs, but like I'm really I get annoyed when I'm running and I'll get like a phone call, like I'll be running and then.
Speaker 1: It'll be like I'll be like shut off. I have to tell like I need to listen to something while I'm riding, unless I'm with somebody, like when I was probably in middle school, late middle school, early early high school. Maybe my friend Todd that I was talking about that owns the hardware store. He used to ride bikes with me a lot, and we bought these I don't remember where we got them from, probably service merchandise or consumers, you know. And there were these giant headphones with a giant push to talk microphone so we could. There were like walkie talkies with these giant headsets and we would just we would talk to each other along the way. I thought we were so cool because it was like it was voice activated. You were cool, Scott, Well, no, we looked like idiots. Well, I am always fascinated by people. And if you are one of these people, please tweet me. I'll get to it eventually or email us. If you run without any music, I don't know how people do that. I see people run with nothing in their ears. I have zero clue how people do that. They probably have that futuristic chip in their head that just plays music through their head.
Speaker 2: Ok okay, it's gonna happen. Yeah, okay, I believe that, But like there is no futuristic chip now though, no.
Speaker 1: There's not because it's future. It ough, my mouth just touched it. It's futuristic, that's why. Well it'll happen if you do it. More power to you.
Speaker 2: I would love to know, like, is it more of a meditation thing for you, Like, because truly, when I run, if I'm how I got up to being able to run and hopefully will by the end of the summer again up to like an hour running, you kind of just enter like a state where you're like, everything's fine, we'll make it work.
Speaker 1: Well. Some people do like to take in their surroundings, like if it's a really quiet if I'm running through the wilderness, you know, like there's a path that they just built through the woods. Yeah, I mean, yes, I'm getting ticks all up and through me. But sometimes I just like to listen to the birds and stuff like that. Yeah, walking if I'm alone. I don't like to run in parks. You know why, I'm worried that I'm gonna fall and break something and no one wills to be there to see you fall. Yeah, but why would you fall? You don't like on trails, your equilibri.
Speaker 2: It's all dirt and like you could slide on dirt and there's like it's not even you could trip.
Speaker 1: You could hit a twig and trip and break things. Just run on a path then, do I mean you just said they had all kinds of paths. Well, yes, in the park, but where is it paths? Paths? Is it paths path paths? I don't know whatever, It's like a street path, okay, with potholes.
Speaker 2: Not everything can be beautiful Long Island and say that we have structure.
Speaker 1: Dude, our roads are beat to hell. I'm just saying what. You're very distracted me. We should just like this is a good time for you, right, it's good for me? Is it good for you? I know you have a lot going on. I do, and I really want to record another episode so we don't mess with the people. But whatever, Okay, we'll figure it out, all right. Well, thank you for listening to another episode of bull Chat.
Speaker 2: Yes, we hope you are enjoying your summer.
Speaker 1: Summer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe a bull Chat coming next Wednesday. But if not, you will hear a Serial Killers on Monday.
Speaker 1: That's for sure. That's for sure. And I could be quite honest with you. Andrew was just kind of beating around the bush. There's not going to be a bull chat on Wednesday unless some remarkable something happens where we can record another one. Well, you're gonna be home. We can always just do it virtually. We could do that. Yeah, I wonder how that would work. I don't want to make it work. I don't have a Superman box. You don't need one. You would just have me like on the Superman Box. Yeah, from my house and I'm bringing it home somehow. I have a USB MIC, that's all I have. Yeah, that's fine, but we'll make it work. I want to pick up all the am Beyond sounds now, won't pick up the Beyonce. You're fine. Maybe I could do one from my bike. Can I ride my bike and do it? Would you record on your phone? You can't bring a us B MIC with you. No, I'll bring my phone and I'll have the thing. Well, I'm nodding.
Speaker 2: Just make sure you keep it elevated to this day. It's not like, oh my god.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, we'll make it work. We'll see that could be fun. Well, thank you for this thing. Yeah, follow us on all social platforms. Serial Killers Pie, that's our that's the serial podcast. Yes, yeah, and you know we're the serial Killers. That's Scottie Bee and I'm Andrew and yeah, we should really think about this Friday episode with Jason for snacks once a month. I'm in, I'll do it, and I want to bring snacks. I tell you what, Let's do a rotating snack schedule. I'll provide everything from one episode, then you provide everything, and then he provides everything. Love it. So that'll be that'll cover like almost a month. Amazing. That would be really cool. Yeah, because you know I'm gonna buy like disgusting stuff and Fridays would be like not every Friday.
Speaker 2: Maybe you'll get We'll make sure we do a bonus episode a month every other one month, you'll get one a month. Okas, this way we're not you know, cramming it in. Will start slow, just like bull chat. Remember it was every other week, that's right, well yeah, and then it quickly remember I was antem yeah very but now I'm I'm let's go.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So we'll we'll talk about the snack podcast behind the scenes, but hopefully that'll be a coming as soon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Menians, I hate them so freaking much. All right, well until next time. Oh oh, here's right here. Yeah say clink Andrew clink serial killerspc dot com check it out, yeah and leave reviews. Wait a second, there's no bowl chat content at serial killerspc dot com. There should be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he posts the bull chat episodes too, but that's not content. So what what do you want the content to be?
Speaker 1: Like? People should listen to this episode and then they should be able to go chat there about it with each other.
Speaker 2: So you want a message board feature? Yes, so we're going all the way back to AOL times. Hey, guys, use your screen names to slid a little bit talk about serial Killers.
Speaker 1: Maybe they could just do it like via. Maybe we could have like a Facebook.
Speaker 2: For them, or what I've been saying, a discord chat other. Scott will help me set that up. But until next time, we already clanked.
Speaker 1: All right, bye guys, Bye, have a great week. And uh