Speaker 1: Okay, we just need to apologize right now for taking over your TikTok for you page. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sorry.
Speaker 1: Yes, all the old ones are going viral, but the new ones are so much better. I'm so glad you found them. Follow like whatever you're supposed to do on these podcasts and just sit back and listen.
Speaker 3: Second date update on a first date if you're a woman, where's the safest place to meet a guy for the first time?
Speaker 1: Public?
Speaker 3: Lots of people, public, it's too general. Anywhere a rest I've crossed off a few suggestions Jose gave earlier. Dark Web. No, although it does provide good anonymity on the web, not a full dark Maybe a children in a place Yeah, okay, children's toy store where the security guard can see you. Safe fun.
Speaker 1: I think they're all closed, aren't they?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 3: Maybe I know Alexis doesn't feel comfortable giving guys her apartments, so she always gives them the address to Brooks House. Yeah, meets them there. It's really get lost in that help.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nobody wants to steal anything from me. And I want to have that gutter guy ended up in my house. Yeah.
Speaker 3: One of our listeners, Davis, said he met his data at a place that he never expected he would. So let's learn more about it. Davis, Welcome to the show. What's this girl's name?
Speaker 5: First of all, Hey, so her name is Ashley Ale?
Speaker 3: And where did Ashley want to meet you?
Speaker 5: So we were going to go out and she asked me to give her a ride, which I thought was really interesting. That doesn't usually happen.
Speaker 1: Step to not safest things to do on a date. And had you met in person before? Or is this meet up off the apps?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: This is off an app.
Speaker 3: In a car.
Speaker 1: Just never do that ever. Yeah, I mean honestly.
Speaker 3: Davis, I trust you immediately, so you can come to the radio station whatever you want. How long were you guys talking before the date happened?
Speaker 5: So we only talked once and it was on the phone, but it was for like three.
Speaker 1: Hours, so I mean you obviously were vibing and you were clicking.
Speaker 3: Like for three hours. You got to have a good connection with something.
Speaker 1: But it was there a reason why she wanted you to pick her up?
Speaker 5: You know, she didn't mention, She just asked if I could pick her up, and I thought, okay, that's fine.
Speaker 3: So she gave you an address and this turned out to be the actual place that she really lived. Yeah, why wouldn't it be gotcha, you could get a different That's what I would do.
Speaker 1: But what was it like when you showed up at her house and it and you got her?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean it was great. So it was a house and she has a roommate, but her roommate was out for the night, so you know, I said, hey, yeah, let's why don't we, you know, head out, we'll go and she said, well, first do you want to drink? Like, I can give you a tour?
Speaker 3: And I was like, oh, okay, oh wow, she's inviting you inside immediately, and.
Speaker 5: Yeah, how can I say no? So after the tour, we just sat on the porch and just started talking and that turned into like longer and longer and didn't even end up going out.
Speaker 1: It's just like it's just like your phone call from the first time met, Like you just get lost in conversation together. That's such a great sign. What'd you guys like connect over?
Speaker 5: We connected over a lot of stuff. We have like a very similar sense of humor. We like a lot of similar things, like similar movies and shows and things like that.
Speaker 3: Did anything weird happen, well, okay, not.
Speaker 5: I don't know if it was weird, like, okay, So we were on the front porch. We had a few drinks throughout the time that we were there, so I kept going in and out to get the drinks and come back out with them. And she has a dog named nuggett really cute. Yeah. Yeah, but she kept warning me, you know, hey, like just make sure you're mindful of shutting the door because you know he'll run away if he gets out. Yeah. So after a few drinks, kind of forgot that she had a dog for a little bit, so I did leave the door crack while I was handing her drink, and Nugget almost got out. He was like half way out the door, and I had this sort of yeah, I had to dive to grab him. I did. I got him. Yeah. But then after that it was getting dark. I said, why don't we put on the light? Do you have a light out here? And she said, well, I would, but it's sort of broken and it's too high for me to change. And I said, oh, well that's not that high. I can reach that. So I reached up and I changed the light and she said, oh, you know, there's really nice for you to do. I appreciate that. And I said, oh yeah, I'm a little handy a little.
Speaker 1: Sometimes it was a little handy by changing the light bulb, that's handy.
Speaker 3: And changed a light bulb. That's something that's useful that you do around the house.
Speaker 1: That is handy. Anybody can change a light bulbs. You get your hands like skill, and you know how.
Speaker 3: You have to twist it one way and then twisted back the other. Sometimes a dog we gotta do.
Speaker 1: I understand it's handy where you grew up, David.
Speaker 3: She doesn't consider you handy man, not for that.
Speaker 5: You know what I did? Fixture burner too?
Speaker 3: Oh what burner? Wait a minute, that is handy her burner.
Speaker 5: Phone, I hope not the burner on her kitchen stove.
Speaker 1: Wow, okay, that's handy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, thank you.
Speaker 3: You screwed in a gas pipe this time, which is way more different.
Speaker 1: That's romantic.
Speaker 3: Does sound like you help her talk for a few hours. You may just be a really best friend.
Speaker 1: Now, or maybe she's not getting back to you because there's co two boyson in her house. You didn't do it right, I hope not.
Speaker 3: Was there any romance like any kissing action or.
Speaker 5: We did kiss a little bit at the end of the night before I left. Okayromantically Indie, Well, she's romantically into me. Why is it she answering my text now? Rude?
Speaker 6: She should be excited to text you if anything, should be like, oh my god, Okay, wait thirty minutes before you text them back?
Speaker 5: Totally So I thought it was something's wrong with her.
Speaker 3: Bro, No way, it's you. Yeah, we'll find out what her problem is. Too handy even we don't know the word.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's handsy.
Speaker 3: Well Brook would consider that a perk.
Speaker 1: Everybody has a different opinion.
Speaker 3: Jeff, let's figure this out. We're gonna call Ashley for you, get you a second date update right after this hold on second date update. Most other radio shows try to lift up their listeners praise them for doing nice things and good deeds on a first date. Yeah, that's not really our style. We like to downplay your positive traits and good deeds and will even insult your handy skills because we're trying to help you to realize your own flaws.
Speaker 1: Why are you so stuck on this change in the light bulb is not handy, Jeff, and double.
Speaker 3: Down about caring. Real love isn't about support, It's about flaw finding, and our listener, Davis appreciates that, right, Davis, I guess so.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 3: Now, Brooke wrote down fifteen other shortcomings that she noticed during the day.
Speaker 1: She's super nice and helped her out.
Speaker 3: Too nice. You are so impossible some days, Davis. She's calling you impossible. Oh it's hard to tell something exhausting. Yeah, well, it's possible that he did exhaust her because Davis was with her at her house for many, many hours, drinking out on her front porch.
Speaker 1: So cute though, Like, I can't believe she's not calling you back.
Speaker 5: Same.
Speaker 3: I'm hoping that the reason that she's not calling you back is that her dog just got and she's been out looking for it. If anything, she probably needs your help to track him down.
Speaker 1: Not a good alternative, that's your positivity job.
Speaker 3: We're here to help her in her time of need. That's a good thing. Let's dialar and see where she's at and if she needs a little assistance, here we go. Hopefully she picks up. Hello, Hey, is this Ashley?
Speaker 4: Yes, it is, who says.
Speaker 3: Hey, we're a radio show. We just wanted to know is nugget. There is nugget safe. What your dog?
Speaker 1: Your dog nugget that has the cutest name ever? Good Jaba naming your dog.
Speaker 4: Thanks. I don't know how you know my dog's name, but.
Speaker 3: We heard it from a listener to our show that you met up with for a date recently. His name's Davis.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, I don't really I don't really remember Davis. I yeah, I don't know. I just I kind of hang out with a lot of people.
Speaker 6: So it came to your house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think you just like a week ago.
Speaker 2: A week ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, according to him, you guys met on a dating app. You asked him to come pick you up for a date, and then he ended up just staying there drinking with you on your front porch, which you know.
Speaker 1: We were actually shocked that you were so trusting of him so quickly. I mean, because it's just a guy you met on the internet.
Speaker 4: Does he have dark hair? I think he was wearing a gray shirt.
Speaker 3: We don't, we've never seen him, but that does sound like him. Yeah, good old gray shirt. He sounded very gray shirt and dark hair. Over there so many dates.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's impressive you're fitting that many in a week. How could you not remember someone like that you spent hours with?
Speaker 4: Well, to be honest, I mean that's kind of like just how I use the dating apps. I've been doing this for a while.
Speaker 3: What wit what you invite people over and talk to them and then let them leave. That's called a date apps?
Speaker 5: Were drinking anyone?
Speaker 1: But it feels like he didn't even know his name while he was at your house.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I've been using dating apps for over a year now, and when I started, I was looking for a relationship. But wait, I don't I don't really know if that's where I'm at anymore.
Speaker 1: What do you mean? Like you you just you don't want to see anybody seriously, or like why go out on the date to begin with?
Speaker 6: If that, I just I saw like too many people just want to mess around, you know, And after a while it just really kind of, I don't know, mess with my head.
Speaker 4: So I just decided.
Speaker 5: Screw it.
Speaker 6: I'm just gonna be in my free handyman phase.
Speaker 3: What free handyman? So you do admit he's handy?
Speaker 2: I mean, well, so I'll set up a meeting with the guy and they will end up fixing stuff from him?
Speaker 6: Like him?
Speaker 1: How do you even know they're handy when you meet him.
Speaker 5: On the app stuff?
Speaker 2: I mean, come on, all guys like to think they're handy, whether they.
Speaker 4: Really are not.
Speaker 1: So much time think that he was handed with a light bulb, so I'll screw.
Speaker 3: Any light bulb in this studio, watch me.
Speaker 1: That's so messed up. You're just using these people. You spend hours with them and kiss them.
Speaker 5: All for that.
Speaker 2: Sucks good guys still out.
Speaker 4: I mean, look, I'll have him back over if something else goes wrong in the house.
Speaker 3: But what about it, Like he's he thought that he was going over there to have like a genuine connection with you.
Speaker 1: And honestly, if you are pretty, you could probably just put on the apps just looking for a handyman, and guys would still volunteer to do that. A landlord exactly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the landlord takes forever to solve things. And look, if I put just looking for a handyman on an app, people are going to show up thinking that it's like an X rated request.
Speaker 3: That's got sure just looking for a pizza guy.
Speaker 1: That's so messed up. He's gonna be hurt.
Speaker 3: Is he going to be her? We don't know the only way to find out is if we actually just talk to him, because he just happens to be on the other line right now waiting to jump in on this conversation.
Speaker 1: Oh god, he heard everything?
Speaker 6: Is he there? Listen before he jumpson.
Speaker 4: I'm just I'm still trying to figure out which guy he is because I had to come over in the same weekend you.
Speaker 6: Did.
Speaker 4: He I just did he recalk the bathtub or.
Speaker 3: Hear anything about any recall fixed? Unless we missed that part of the story, the word yeah, Hey, I'm here.
Speaker 5: Whow Actually, I think you're confused. I'm trying to date for love, and I'm looking for someone who wants the same.
Speaker 4: Well, I really love that he fixed my stove.
Speaker 1: Actually, you had a connection with him. Maybe you're just jaded from being hurt, you know.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's true, and I'm sorry you feel bad.
Speaker 2: I mean, I you were nice to talk to.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm happy to hang out again with you at my place if.
Speaker 3: He fixes something else for you, like only.
Speaker 2: If you wants to.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 1: Wow, what an offer?
Speaker 3: How could anyone pass that up?
Speaker 4: I Mean, the good news is I've already got a guy who's really good with plumbing, so I'll never ask you to do any plumbing.
Speaker 3: Oh there's a different guy, not.
Speaker 1: Many plumbing issues. Well, it's hard to find a good plumber.
Speaker 5: I just feel so taken advantage of right now. I really thought we had a real connection, and it looks like you have this kind of connection with a lot of people.
Speaker 2: Oh, David, I'm really far you feel that way.
Speaker 3: It's Davis with an as Davis.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you kissed him still? Or is that the tip?
Speaker 4: You know? He did a nice thing for me. What's wrong with a little harmless everything?
Speaker 1: When he thinks bye Ryan wherever.
Speaker 4: Your name was? Again? Like, I'm sorry if he was confused about things, but I just know where I am at in my life. I'm in this handyman phase.
Speaker 1: You didn't tell him that.
Speaker 2: Ye, Well, now he knows that he'd like to come over again, I'd be open to it.
Speaker 1: There is no way David still wants to hang out with her on buy some one and.
Speaker 3: Go build her a deck, bro, if you'll e her go get Never underestimate the shallowness of a guy. You never know what he's gonna say if it means scoring another date with the cute girl. So that's true. Davis, remember how pretty Ashley was, and.
Speaker 4: I think I hear a noise in my ceiling fans.
Speaker 3: Another opportunity to demonstrate your manly handliness for her.
Speaker 1: Pays you and kisses.
Speaker 5: What do you think, Davis, My handiness is deserved for someone who loves me.
Speaker 1: That that should be a bubber sticker.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you for being on the show with us, David, and good luck, good luck with all your handy dating life stuff in the future. Okay, thank you and Ashley. I know a couple guys on our textboard at seven eight five nine two say they will be available at a moment's notice to come and fix your ceiling fan or whatever you got going on.
Speaker 1: Do you have no dignity left? No?
Speaker 5: God?
Speaker 3: She kisses at the end of the day. Yeah, I kiss somebody's.
Speaker 1: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: I wasn't kidding. We really were getting text at seventy five to nine two from many gentlemen who would not mind helping Ashley with her household problems. Dude, but we're man. We want to feel useful.
Speaker 1: We like pretty women, have some respect, get paid for it.
Speaker 3: At least that's the thing you have to think about, Like I know we were saying earlier that having a stranger who you just met on the internet come over to your house for a date is kind of sketchy, But how is that any different than finding a random handyman on the internet and hiring him to come out to your house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jeff, I don't. I don't have those guys come to my house when I'm home alone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like, well, you literally make sure.
Speaker 1: That someone else is there, that's what women do, and like make sure you know their name.
Speaker 3: Maybe just saying either way, it's a random dude that you're inviting over to your house. But at least Ashley's plan was economical because she got free work done.
Speaker 1: I don't know, she can't change her own light bulb. I'm just like, I'm disappointed in her as a human. Was just off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't know how many people I've paid to come out and change my light bulbs for me, and I pay them. She's just given all the women of the world a great life happening. You just a house, and you're paying people to change your life.
Speaker 1: Pay me next time.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know if you guys are handyman certified. Do I need to see the check mark next to your name. If I'm gonna believe you're going to fix my stuff. But if you ever want help with your dating life, we're not certified at all for that will help. We'll step in and give it our best try. It's Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.