Speaker 1: Alright, we're good.
Speaker 2: You like.
Speaker 3: Busting with the boys, hanging with the fast, betting.
Speaker 4: On the game.
Speaker 1: No woman's gonna.
Speaker 3: Tell us what.
Speaker 5: You can not be.
Speaker 3: We're here just drinking beer and making Nando Baby.
Speaker 4: I'm hanging with.
Speaker 3: The Fellers, busting with the boys, bro.
Speaker 4: Rolling Mitch, Welcome to another episode of Busting with the Boys. We are the boys, William Roll Compton the Third and Taylor Curtis Lawan.
Speaker 6: Don't have to say the middle name, but yep, that's your middle name. I know, I just hate it.
Speaker 4: I know I used to hate earl. He I know, I know, but I got made fun of a lot as a young lad.
Speaker 6: But like what parent, especially a father, has a kid come out of the womb a son and names him Taylor, which is mostly a girl's name, unisex name, pop song Curtis. On top of that, I just got a bitch ass name. Yeah, I'm not have to switch it up, like legally change my name.
Speaker 4: Change it to I don't know, would you keep Taylor?
Speaker 6: I think I've I've got to enjoy Taylor.
Speaker 4: I've going to Enjoyia.
Speaker 6: I probably would not do this, but you know nothing, no better it is.
Speaker 4: Than brainstor Yeah, what middle name would you go with?
Speaker 6: You know, I think I've always thought it'd be funny for a person to actually have the middle name Danger, because I was always like the bit when you're in middle school, like, mom, my middle.
Speaker 4: Name is Danger.
Speaker 6: But I think being thirty three, it's kind of not.
Speaker 4: Cool, especially with some of the stories you had grown up where you were kind of intimidated by a lot of things. Oh yeah, I was like a fastball like a movie. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Lord of the Rings.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Lord of Tackles at twelve years old.
Speaker 6: Yeah that was I mean you saw the first Lord of the Rings, didn't you.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And the black horses and the black guys and the black colks.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Pretty that small little man Danger. No, that's terrifying.
Speaker 4: I got it. Now, I got a middle name. Go ahead.
Speaker 6: You want to hear it, I do, but I don't like the way you're sizing it up. I do want to hear it.
Speaker 4: Go ahead. I would change your middle name to Taylor Chevy Silverado Lawan. This podcast, especially by our good friends at Chevy. There's a reason we've never done a tier talk of best pickup trucks, and that's because for busting with the boys, there is only one pickup truck, and that is the Chevy Silverado. Why is that? Why is that you ask? The Silverado is a partner, a partner that you can depend on. We've all spent time driving and using the Silverado for all kinds of adventures and other shenanigans. Silverado is a partner with us on the Spring Tour, and we'll be with the boys on the Fall tour as well. Silverado brings grit, legendary grit, paired with modern truck tech inside and out, massive screens, up to eight cameras, fourteen different views, four different power trained choices, and the available multi flat tailgates so you can work hard and play smart all day long. There's a reason Chevy is America's most awarded brand for new vehicle quality over the last three years according to JD Power. And you know your boy reps the all black ZR two Chevy Silverado. Head over to Chevy dot com to build your own Silverado and check out all the current offers on the Silverado. Discover a world of strength capability, all behind the wheel of our favorite truck. And that is the Once again, the Chevy Silverado. Chevrolet received the highest total number of awards compared to all the other brands in the JD Power twenty twenty two to twenty twenty four US initial Quality Studies. Visit jdpower dot com slash Awards for more details. Awards based on twenty twenty two to twenty twenty four models.
Speaker 6: That's getting longer long.
Speaker 4: That's a long read. That was a long read. Get long read. Long read this good read, though.
Speaker 6: This is a massive episode for seven hundred and seventy. I believe at this point we filmed this episode two days. We've been tracking down one man, what's that.
Speaker 4: Two?
Speaker 6: And we said we had to keep it going for for the sake of everything. Today is seven eighty. In eighty days, we've been tracking down Jase Beacon, the number one man for the NFL network, a man that was with ESPN for a long time, ended up traveling over when there was just a small nucleus of NFL network happening. Who now blossom into the face of that channel, You know him as Rich Eyes. Let's give a rounding a pause. Boys, we finally got him.
Speaker 4: We finally got him.
Speaker 6: We finally got him. Not only that in less than a week's time, when the next episode comes up, our man JP Hovey is finally tying to not getting the ball and chain, starting himself a family. He is going to be mayor. Let's give a run a plats out here, absolute time and black Friday winters. We got a whole half dozen of them in here. We got the boys in the back. Introduce ourselves a little bit with the mike. Let's given a pause.
Speaker 4: Why not add more white guys of the bus?
Speaker 6: No question, this is not the least diverse group I've ever seen in my entire life. Let's get some mics on the boy's mouth and let's talk a little shop here. Boys, introduce yourself, age, how old you when you lost your virginity? And why you're a fan of the Browns?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 8: Andrew AJ Betley on twenty three Ah, I lost my virginity sixteen.
Speaker 6: Nice, respectable age, respectable age, great?
Speaker 4: Great?
Speaker 8: And then why I'm a fan of the Cleveland Browns. I just love misery.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 8: That's all they do to me is make me fucking miserable.
Speaker 1: So yeah, isn't that the best?
Speaker 4: Though? I mean misery because one day, hopefully, hopefully you guys will hoist that Lombardi trophy, and that will make the misery all worth it.
Speaker 6: Let's pass that mic down.
Speaker 4: Who we got next, Will Sowder?
Speaker 9: I'm twenty three, born into the cult of Brown's family.
Speaker 1: Sadly.
Speaker 9: Uh, eighth grade, it's my virginity, don't wow?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Strong, I thank you.
Speaker 6: I didn't think my piece worked in eighth grade.
Speaker 4: Man, I don't know if mine did.
Speaker 6: Great, Yeah, well, I promise you it didn't. It did for me eighth grade.
Speaker 1: Do you want?
Speaker 6: Can you set the tone? Where was it at.
Speaker 9: On a pool table?
Speaker 4: On the pool tables? Your first time?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 11: All right, Clay Maston, Uh, twenty five. I think I was seventeen.
Speaker 4: Good, good boy.
Speaker 11: It's kind of embarrassing. Lost my virginity in a car in a McDonald's parking lot.
Speaker 6: Nice guys station parking lot for me, nice juie before after.
Speaker 11: Yeah no no, it was like uh no, eat no eat no, all business, all business, straight to the business.
Speaker 1: It was like two am. Yeah, I don't even know if there.
Speaker 6: You just pulled over to the side of the road.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but here's Mickeyd's right here, right.
Speaker 6: Now, right here, right yep. That's how the seventeen brain works. Yeah, you got to get it with how you live. Yeah, I was just gonna talk about how staple.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, I was gonna say, where'd you play D three at Marriotta College?
Speaker 11: Shout out Marietta?
Speaker 4: All right, shout out Marietta. Where's that a.
Speaker 11: Right on the border of Ohio and West Virginia? Okay, Yeah, it's like right there on the on the river.
Speaker 4: Here you go, Mitch, you got another D three. Boy.
Speaker 6: You guys feel good about your chases this year going to the game. You guys spent more money on nil than any other team in all of college football. You feel good buying your way to a championship. You feel strong about that.
Speaker 4: They haven't won a championship.
Speaker 6: Buying your way to a championship. That's what their hopes are this year.
Speaker 8: I'd rather buy it than cheat to get it.
Speaker 6: Oh I Oh, you guys forget about your tattoos scandal. Huh back in twenty fifteen, Yeah, I forget about that cheating getting free stuff before.
Speaker 4: They did get punished.
Speaker 6: We got punished for what getting it into a bowl game for a year. What happened to We didn't do anything wrong? So nothing, brother, nothing went wrong? Hey, debatable, Everything's debatable, dude. People if people out there saying the earth is flat, you want to be Hey, I love I love it. You guys are fired up. You guys have lost three in a row, but somehow you still have pride. It's amazing.
Speaker 4: I think we won.
Speaker 6: Two in twenty years. We won two and twenty years dog years. It was the dog years. Dude, you're forging fire. Get your asspeet around for a little bit. You can only get your ask me for so long before you stand up to a bully. So as it stands, right now, Michigan is the most recent national champion of college football. And we're just built on grit, dude, We're built in the trenches. You guys paid a lot of money for your squad in Columbus, Ohio. Excited for that game. It's gonna be awesome, but everyone's got a play until you hit in the mouth.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 6: That money is great, but it can't protect you in the field. How we feel, How we're feeling?
Speaker 8: Well, I mean, we got that new quarterback Drew.
Speaker 1: You've heard him.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I saw a couple of clips of him throwing picks in practice. Yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Don't know.
Speaker 8: Drew and the new quarterback at Ohio State.
Speaker 6: I feel like this is a d nuts joke. Be it very well could be. You see himrubing that ladies about to start a fire, say Drew who No, okay, well I will Drew who droopy sack jokey sack.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got joke. I got it. You see now I tried to.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 6: The thing is you probably would have got me except for I'm still hurting from McPherson getting me back in November suns and it was it was just so well done.
Speaker 4: We do uh speaking to Jack a week of judgment because you guys will find out on this podcast. Jack was tasked with the challenge of tweeting a photo of rich eyes in every day until he came on the bus. This is day seven hundred and eighty, still going strong. And now this next week we start to break down. We audit. We look at all of his tweets dating back seven and eighty days and if there are flaws that we we built, some parame in the episode that you guys will hear. You guys will listen to. And I encourage all listeners if you're on X, you know, do the homework yourself too, like keep us in the loop. Maybe there's something we miss, help us, help us uncover every stone in these last seven hundred and eighty days, because Jack is fighting for an opportunity to win a Chevy Silverado. If he did not miss a day, he will be gifted a Chevy Silverado from the Boys to Jack for tweeting a photo every day of rich Eisend. Jack. How we feeling? Obviously we had rich On? How have you felt? Oh about your emotion.
Speaker 2: Going into it two and a half years in the making. It's just one of those things you've been working for for a while. I mean, I've got a niece, she's only a year and a half hole, and I'm like, man, you don't even know the Lord that's been going on in my life, Like I've been working for you, you know, So this all goes out to my niece, Isy.
Speaker 12: This is for you.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 12: If it works out, it works out. If it doesn't. It's been a fun run. And we got to figure out a new guest.
Speaker 4: I think I think we do because it kind of feels like we should just hang it up with bus with the boys. Now we've got rich On.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, So and maybe maybe it's a a sitting president. Maybe it's Taylor Swift, I don't know comment in the YouTube who we should go after next?
Speaker 4: Ryan Reynolds?
Speaker 12: Oh that that yeah, maybe Ryan and Hugh.
Speaker 2: That is a lot of word to be typing out two tags, you realize, I know it's it doesn't seem like a lot, but after two and a half years tweeting the same.
Speaker 12: Thing every day, it's just like a It just it weighs on you.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: I don't know how though I move forward not having Rich in my life every day. That is something I'm not prepared for. I know, I'm excited for it, but it's it's bittersweet.
Speaker 12: So I don't know.
Speaker 4: Confidence level zero to one hundred.
Speaker 2: One hundred and one, actually seven hundred and eighty, you know. So now I'm excited, and you know, Rich is just such a great interview. He's been in the media realm for twenty plus years, and it felt like he was driving this Poda cast where it was almost he was interviewing y'all as guy has He's quick, and he can get a little nasty sometimes he can get nasty, and he's a guy you don't want on your bad side.
Speaker 12: I realized, for sure, if you come at him he's coming at you with three more things.
Speaker 6: So I will say to the Ohio boys, you're luckier. Rich Eyes is not here right now to defend Michigan. He can only do so much. My brain has taken too many shots. But rich he's pure blood. Yeah, he's sharp, he's with it.
Speaker 4: He talks about how they got away with it. He lied like a ugh. I mean ultimately, you guys still won the national title.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and we beat you all forty five to seven.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you guys are signed stealing.
Speaker 6: We didn't need to steal signs to do that, brother.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you guys did. It wouldn't have been that bad. We would have covered what do you think the score? We would have covered?
Speaker 6: What was it?
Speaker 4: What was the one.
Speaker 6: We would have covered?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we would have covered. No, no, we got we got got.
Speaker 6: They go bumm.
Speaker 4: Remember that was what we said in the in the elements the year before though a Hudginson senior senior year, they kind of did. Took that game from US Agrian Martinez not fumbled the ball. Remember that last drive we were driving to win?
Speaker 6: All right, I know you're right, you're right, you're right, It's all good.
Speaker 4: I'm out of control.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so the audience is taking place at this moment. I will say good news for you is the record only goes back to I think like day one hundred and eight was that I don't know the record, the rich Eison, the Rich ion uh tweeting at him. I could only find all the way down to like stop loading after like day one hundred and eight of tweeting at Riches until he comes home.
Speaker 12: I'm impressed, you guy past like seven and fifty.
Speaker 6: Oh, I mean that's technology is not great. I mean I know who I am.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely heavy shot at your brain.
Speaker 6: Yeah that's no that that's technology. Yeah, that's technology.
Speaker 2: I think he'll be the first to tell you he's not the most tech savvy guy.
Speaker 12: But he's there. He's there, and he's ready to learn.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's eager. I put some work in on this. I've gone through the audien I've worked. I've worked, and we will find out next week on next week's episode.
Speaker 2: Oh so it's next week. So, but just to clarify, as of today, we're done tweeting. Though, because Rich is on the bus.
Speaker 6: I think if you want to tweet at him, you can. It doesn't but it's not going to change anything.
Speaker 4: Today, Today's the final day.
Speaker 6: You were just saying, how you're gonna miss rich if you were to do for the love of the game.
Speaker 2: Well tomorrow, I guess technically he's on the bus, so we'll just make it seven eighty one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, why not? Why not?
Speaker 2: You'll throw another one up just for I might just go all the way to the next week, just keep going past it, go to a thousand, why not.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's for the love of the game.
Speaker 4: Always did Did you catch any preseason ball I got some clips. Absolutely.
Speaker 6: I put on the the Titans Last Drive with Will Levis, and it's preseason, so you're never looking at like score or anything like that. I was looking at operation, how guys were handling themselves, like calls and all that. Titan's got a ball club this year. Titans have a ball club. Their play calls were good. It was the first time I think in the last ten years, as Titan fans, we can all sit there and say, we don't know what's coming next. A couple of runs, a couple of passes through a screen in there, some movement. I think that's gonna be a good ball club. They stay healthy, they might take the South. I mean DeAndre Hopkins already out, but it's not looking good. Calvin Ridley, guys, got he runs like they when you have a performance coach with you and he's like, this is the the knee action you want, this is the arm action. That's how he runs. Yeah, he runs like you watch the Olympians, collar and spears a good little devil. Have a back there, dude. That's that's the key.
Speaker 2: The receiver corps obviously been the most notable thing for the Titans.
Speaker 12: We have a whole new team.
Speaker 2: It feels like on offense, but Taj and Tony it's just a way different system with Derek not being here. And I think that is going to be two elite running backs in the NFL.
Speaker 6: Right now, maybe the best duo in the league.
Speaker 2: Are saying, I mean maybe top three, potentially potentially number one.
Speaker 6: Potentially number one. There was a nice one. I think it was the first quarter going into the second quarter. They were kind of on the five yard lind They were in like a like a an inside zone with a tight end coming back and it was chigging. He had a great block and I don't know if it was Pollard or Spirits, but they made a nice little jump cut, hit it on the back side for a touchdown. It was just great to see the movements. Great to see that movement behind the line of scrimmage, which Derrick Henry right like he is. There should be a statue of Derrick Henry at the Titans that was not his Forte is making those types of cuts in the backfield, and just.
Speaker 4: The boys playing with their hair on fire.
Speaker 6: Just playing hard.
Speaker 4: I know it's early. I know it's early, but it seems like this could be one of the more fun years for the quarterback position. I feel like the young rookies.
Speaker 6: Look good, look fantastic.
Speaker 4: Caleb Willilliams looked incredible.
Speaker 6: I only saw saw him with that great throw on the sidelines where he moved out to the right and he threw it.
Speaker 4: You didn't see his little Patrick Mahomes screen, No, I did not see his Patrick Mahomes fare fantastic. Yes, I think it's going to be an exciting year for quarterback.
Speaker 6: Did you see the clip of two guys at practice at a Bears practice essentially dogging Caleb on his look. But he's the number one overall pin now they're like, look at him, zero swag, zero anything. First overall pick. They seem like they got themselves a little squad here. There's gonna be a fun Week one Titans versus Bears. That'll be a fun little get after a game.
Speaker 4: Big Cat's already claiming that Caleb Williams is the chosen one.
Speaker 6: I'm sure he is, And I like Big Cat keeping clean slates for everybody. I'm not going to dog with the Chicago Bears. I'm not going to dog them.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I think a lot to be excited about though, But.
Speaker 6: I know the early line is like Bears are favored by four and a half in this game.
Speaker 4: I gets the Titans.
Speaker 6: I think take Titans money line all day on that one.
Speaker 4: The way. I mean, you just look in the North. If J. J. McCarthy and Caleb Williams with Jared Goff, Jordan Love, I mean, dude, that's a fun year the AFC South. You got uh will Levis.
Speaker 13: C J.
Speaker 6: Stroud, Lawrence Lawrence and Anthony richards Anthony.
Speaker 4: Richardson, And if he just that one, It's like, and I'm part of it too. I'm excited for Anthony Richardson, but I feel like he has so much hype, Like he's the most hyped quarterback hasn't done a whole lot yet.
Speaker 6: Five games of it was awesome. Yeah, my first five games were great. It was fun to watch, exciting. One guy who's falling under the radar, and our man Hovey, the groom to be has called him out, Spencer Rattler.
Speaker 14: From the jump Man. I don't know why nobody was.
Speaker 6: Back in Arizona too, in his home state getting after it.
Speaker 14: Saw it felt good to be back home.
Speaker 4: Just it was cool to see two minutes drill. Yeah, two minutes drill was nice. Stetson Bennett even next.
Speaker 13: B Stetsn't Bennet's thirty.
Speaker 4: Well, he's playing in a growl his game now he looked comfortable.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I mean, I'm happy for him.
Speaker 14: But are we're all eyes on Ratler?
Speaker 4: Now? What do you think Rattler takes over the QB spot this year?
Speaker 14: Probably like week ten, week eleven.
Speaker 7: That seems to be the sweet spot for Derek Carr, where every single year, no matter what team he's on, you get to week ten, week eleven, the fans are ready like, get DC.
Speaker 4: Out, damn we'll see.
Speaker 13: Wouldn't mind if he sat all year and it started next year?
Speaker 4: Right? Right? Right? Take take a four year to develop, not get thrown in when like pressure is right weirdly high, they want the starter out.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but if you're calling for a starting quarterbacks head a week ten, a week eleven, it's probably the season is not looking great for you guys.
Speaker 13: But not with Derek Carr. I feel like they're always right there.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say they were like in it all year last year because the South wasn't that competitive. Wasn't that I know you saw, I know you had to see the clip of Jameis Winston giving a prego speech. No I didn't, but it's incredible. I mean, he's a Hall of Famer.
Speaker 6: He's a Yeah, he's a Hall of Fame speech giver ballot. Just watching him in Vrabel's sprint during every practice to go warm up.
Speaker 4: I think you have to put him in the Hall of Fame just so he can give a speech, just so he can be at the ceremony and give a speech.
Speaker 6: I don't see any problem with that at all. Yeah, it wouldn't hurt the integrity of those statues at all.
Speaker 4: I think everybody would would be on board with it.
Speaker 7: Where do you think he goes after football? I feel like he's either got to be a pastor or a coach.
Speaker 6: I would love to see him the pastor. That would be outstanding.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I think he might dabble in some media, but ultimately I think he'll he'll want to be around the game. He'll want to be around influencing the next general.
Speaker 13: He should write speeches in football movies.
Speaker 4: He would have to act. That's the thing about Jamis is I feel like he's so unique, Like who else could be Jamis? You know what I mean? If he writes for somebody else, you don't know how to write for anybody else.
Speaker 15: He knows how to write for himself.
Speaker 6: He could definitely play himself in a.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Man, it's exciting having the football season just right around the corner right there.
Speaker 4: Did you catch any of the reps on the new kickoff rule? Yeah?
Speaker 6: I so, I saw the Titans these. It was a nice little sixty five yard run he did on this little deal right here. I don't fully understand. You can't. There's like a little zone between the twenty and the end zone. If it lands in there and then something happens. If it doesn't, you can't move to the to the returner catches it.
Speaker 2: My brother Law explained it pretty well. So from where the kickoff is, it makes kickers not just rely on touchbacks.
Speaker 12: If you send it into the back of the end zone, I.
Speaker 2: Believe it goes to the forty right, and if you don't hit it between there's one though, if maybe if it's short of the twenty to the goal line, it goes to the forty because there's one stipulation where you can go all the way to the forty.
Speaker 4: I know usually if you kick it out of bounds, it's it goes out to the forty. Yeah, maybe if it's.
Speaker 2: Super has to land in that zone from goal line to the twenty yard line, which it feels weird right now, but I do like that kickers are now forced to be strategic about it and they got to place it there, and I feel like we're gonna see a lot more returns. And my favorite thing about it is that kickers are going to be very involved in plays. They have to make tackles that I've already seen a few kickers like have to get in the mix, and I'm ready to see some some guys lay in the wood.
Speaker 12: So I think that'll be fun.
Speaker 4: I like it, man, I think it's like as close to an offensive defensive play as you can get because you take all the running out of it and sprinting out of it. Which hats off to those guys who don't have to just sprint mindlessly for a touchback anymore. But I'm into it, and.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like you break, that's where you get the kicker involved, like he's essentially just deep hoping to God they get him down.
Speaker 4: I think as it develops too, there'll be more strategy on the receiving end, trying to like set up blocks differently. Some will some will fail massively, but I think people are going to start taking like chances risks to figure out how they can best set up the Runay, I know.
Speaker 6: I love seeing the development of special teams games, just like the field goal for instance, when he was the Patriots who did have the guy on the sideline and he would start running and then he'd see the hand and then he'd get in there and make them off. Then you see like four other teams doing it. That's like the biggest definition of Copycata League is the special team's realm. You see a little bit of success and team everybody starts doing it just constantly.
Speaker 4: Evolving, yeah, or taking a trick play back from like eight years ago that happened to him.
Speaker 6: They had it like grainy film. They're showing it in the team em like boys, is we're doing this when you're thinking there's no fucking way work and then it does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, well, can you take us kind of in the mind of a special teams guy? Because in preseason, obviously, you know, after the first half of a game, as a fan perspective, you know, people start leaving the stadium, You're like, whatever, we got a few more games. But for special team guys in punt formation specifically, I get super fired up about them because as someone who's undrafted, it's like they're fighting for their families on these like one or two reps they get. Can you just like take us to the mindset where you're like, I need this rep, I need this tackle to make like a fifty three man roster.
Speaker 6: Take us on a journey. Will we journey journey?
Speaker 4: So you're basically saying like it's like unpopular to watch the specially, you're just saying, like, what is the mindset of these guys that fringe guys?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had this moment where I was like this means so much. These guys these one reps and they kind of fired me up where I'm looking at pump formations and I'm like, this means a lot more than a lot of these other guys that got their shoulder pads off on the sideline. It's like you're probably the nerves are probably going crazy, and then you know half the stadium's empty. But for you, it's like this is the final interview or could be, you know.
Speaker 4: So, yeah, So when I was on practice squad the first year, I would say my knock is I wasn't very good on special teams because I didn't really do it in college. But I feel like when you're on those units and you can say you're a depth player, I could play linebacker, I could back up either spot, I could do all those things. So you'll be thrust into roles of like, hey, you know, can you feel whether it's right guard, whether we have a need at left tackle, right wing? Where you can play on the punting The punt team is the most important unit for guys who are on the fringe because ultimately that's the biggest trust. One kickoff you can rundown and hit where you're not running anymore, So honestly, you're gonna see those guys who are gunners on punt team. Those guys can still make their money being gunners on punt team, but now that kickoff is out of it, you'll have more of those depth guys who played backup, whether it's tight end, running back, receiver, linebacker, safety, and those reps on punt team are the most important reps that you will have because ultimately you're not being looked at as the guy who's going to be out there starting on the field. Where okay, cop, he's a good depth guy, but can he play special teams? And more specifically, like where can you play him on punt The more you can do on punt team, guard, tackle, wing, the better your chances are, because if you can't play on special teams, it doesn't matter how good of a backup you are, you won't be on the starting you won't be on the game day roster until you can get up to speed on playing those So those truly are the most important reps and they get graded insanely detailed with the special teams coordinator and those guys who are like trying to make that roster it is legitimately. Can you play multiple spots on the punt team, that is your best shot at making the team. If you're a fringe guy, if you're a gunner, if you can beat double teams, you can play for a long time. You look at what was the name Slater. Slater made a career out of that ebner. He was a big special teams guy. Who knows how competent they were as backups, but the fact that they get to play special teams at a very high level allowed them to have a career at that. If you're somebody who's more of a depth guy who plays more on the field, you have to have some level of competence like playing special teams or you just won't. You won't play. It is legitimately. You go out there and all you think to yourself is I need to have one tackle this game.
Speaker 6: And if you sit there as a fan and you want to watch real football in a preseason, you got away to that second half because that's when bullets are truly flying. It is so intense and every every rep does mean everything to those guys, and it sucks when you see dudes that you can see kill it, that have like ten tackles or whatever, and they just for whatever reason, numbers don't make sense.
Speaker 4: They get they get.
Speaker 6: The call right at the end of those cuts because it is it's a wild time. Preseason so different for so many different people, just going into it.
Speaker 4: The urgency, Yeah, like the like the weird, Uh what is it like? Just fight or flight, justt that is happening in your brain chemically, like going out on the field trying to like make the most of your whether it's special teams reps, like if you're slow to get off a block, you're just cussing yourself out in your head, like fuck, I'm gonna coaches gonna hate this.
Speaker 6: Right, this might be the end of me. This might be the end, right, Yeah, because it's it's so small, the margin for err is so small.
Speaker 4: Right because preseason, like ultimately you got you're trying to look for your start. You're trying to see your starters have some operation out there, like feel good going into the first week. Fans they're excited to see the guys who are going to start. Who do they get to watch as the starting quarterback? Going to get some snaps and see who's gonna round out certain death, but the second half stuff nobody necessarily cares about. But there's so much happening in that second half.
Speaker 6: All of the articles that are coming out about the rookies and the starters and how good everybody looks. It's all fluff right now. Everything's just fuff because it's like these guys are getting in like fifteen snaps. It's like, what's your beak a little bit, get out there, get loose, feel the fans, feel the operation, all that stuff. But the real stuff is the things people aren't running about, which that second half. There might be a couple of things like hey, this guy looks good that guy, but you really don't know. Like that's where the stuff really matters right now in the preseason.
Speaker 4: And the guys who are like in the ninety like probably seventy to ninety range, trying to make the roster of the fifty three, Like if they have a good like second half on the field, you'll you'll notice them more on like the first team unit reps with special teams. You'll see that, like coaches are trying to give them the shot to see if they can, you know, basically play special teams because they know they got somebody whether again in my situation. Hey, we have somebody who can play linebacker, but can he play special teams all four units too?
Speaker 2: Yeah, young guys man, if you think you're just a defensive specialist, get in those special team reps in practice.
Speaker 4: Even offensive guys man, Yes, if you're a backup receiver running back, like, you gotta play special teams. You might be great out of the backfield, you might be a good third down back, but you might not be the starter. You have to play special teams.
Speaker 6: Every roster spot matters, even the offensive line. Like, if you're an interior guy and you can't play center in both guards, it's like, it's not how this league works anymore. You don't have a year to develop those types of things.
Speaker 4: It's so yeah for a lineman too, Like if you can't be a swing guy, if you're like if you're a true depth player, yeah, if you're like second team maybe, like maybe you gotta be able to play like multiple positions, right.
Speaker 6: It's it is funny how different it is. Because you got guys that are just chilling the sidelines. You get done with however many reps you have, and then it seeds in the mouth unbuckle the shoulder pads and you're just watching a football game. You have the best seats in the house.
Speaker 4: And it's always interesting too, because you've you've alluded to it being you being at an elite level of a left tackle. The quote the more you can do doesn't necessarily the more you're thinking, Hey, yeah, you're thinking, yeah, the more you do, the less you get paid. Whereas like me coming up, I'm thinking, I gotta I gotta figure out how I can play every different thing on punt team, because that is how ultimately I I would get paid.
Speaker 6: Right and there there was never I could literally play. I've said this a bunch of times in the podcast. I could play one position. That was it. I was not good at anything else. Put me at the right side, put me at guard, anything that was terrible. My rookie year with my Michael Ruse and Michael Orr, they got Michael Or in free agency to play the right tackle. So when I came in, it was swing and I was playing guard and my rookie camp and it was just the only time I even showed any glimmer of hope at all was at left tackle. It was I was praying to the gods that nobody else went down except for Michael Rose. If somebody was to go down, please make it Michael Roose right luckily, shout out you.
Speaker 4: Michael Rouse.
Speaker 6: You did go down week five, dude, illrestiate your dog.
Speaker 4: I hated special teams I got to play. I just overall you wanted to be out there and just playing linebacker because when you're just not the fastest guy, you know, the boys he's got I got shorter arms, so it was always a little bit more difficult. I love playing like guard on punt because you're protected a little bit more. Yeah, but I remember when Adam Hayward came in my second year, He's like, Okay, doesn't matter how well you play lineback if you're not like the guy or the starter, Like I'm gonna have to teach you how to play special teams and shout out the boy Adam Hayward because he was always keeping me after practice and doing things to where ultimately I think he was trying to help show the special teams coordinator that I'm willing to do all these different things underneath him because he was the captain. Uh but yeah, if it wasn't for like Adam and some of those guys because I just you just hated going out there on fourth down. Yeah, you wanna hit, you wanna hit your three. Like when I was getting to play, I would still have to be on like punt team or kickoff return. Yeah. They would save my legs by not putting me on kickoff.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but punt team stuff because you have maximum effort and then you're starting first down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, bro, And then you hope it's like a you hope it's a televised game, so there's like a TV timeout yeah god. Yeah, or if you know they're about to go down and get tackled, you start to slow up a little bit.
Speaker 6: That level of stress has got to be so crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, more when I when I was playing, it was more of like, oh god, this kind of sucks. I have to go out here on fourth down.
Speaker 6: Because when you get into the season, part of me be like, damn, these special teams guys kind of got a mate because I'm playing every single snap on offense. Yeah, Like there's so many things can go wrong, but not even really thinking about how their life is hell at any moment that he can get cut for a new guy coming in. Yeah, one team cuts this guy and like, well, this guy's probably a little bit better, so they switch him out. It's just got to be so.
Speaker 4: Hard, dude. I saw one cat man, I forget his name. He was a linebacker. We had a Thursday night game and so we it was later in the year two, so we didn't really practice like with pads on. It was walked through all week long. Yeah, and it was his first game. He got called up from practice squad. He was a solid little linebacker, but he was the wing. He was a left wing on punt and he got beat with an up and under against the Giants and they cut him the next day, no shit. Yeah, and it was you felt for him because you felt like he didn't get like a true fair shake because he wasn't he His position wasn't wing on the punt team. It was more of like guard or tackle. And he again, he was a practice squad guy, but he got called up to play wing. And the only job of wing is like, don't get beat on an up and under to get it blocked. He got it blocked, and they sent him. Gotta have tempo, tough living, yeah, yeah, tough lit there, huh. Yeah. You just hated to see it. Yeah, Like because I was. I think I was in my third year and I was like, I remember trying to talk to the special teams coordinator that it was just like, hey, I know, we ended up winning that game, and you kind of like tried to save him essentially, like hey, like we didn't practice all week, and he didn't never got like a live look at the up and under, and ultimately the guy who hit him on the up and under was obviously notorious for the up and unders, but he was he was somebody who was very capable at all times of like blocking a punt. So he's going up against somebody really good, and so you just felt like he didn't get a he was done after that, you know what I mean. No, I don't think he made it on a on another team or another roster, because once you ultimately you put that out there, you could beat on up and do you cut, you get cut the next day, Like nobody's jumping at It's like, okay, he must have done more than just allowing up and under. Yeah, even those guys who like you know, again to Jack's point, preseason, you're going through all these mental gymnastics of trying to make the team. You're on practice squad. You're doing everything possible to try to stick around, and you get thrown out there Thursday night football, get beat on it up and under, and your career is pretty much done. That's just it's it's brutal.
Speaker 6: There's different layers too, Like there's guys so many guys want to be in the league right now, but like even going to boost and seeing there's a couple of guys that are camp started, preseason games are going, and there's a couple of guys just waiting on a call, getting getting to work out, just hoping to God something happens or you can get a call. It's just it's a it's a tough life to live.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just to keep a dream alive, right because ultimately you don't know if the door is going to open back up for you. Nobody you're you know, especially when you're younger, you're not willing to fully shut the door because ultimately your identity and it being is wrapped up. Well, you're like, what am I gonna do? Yeah, what's next for me? It's scary.
Speaker 6: Scary transition for sure. Was never scary though, is game time anytime you need those tickets for the best prices, you know what to do? Did you know that you can get tickets at the ballgame, at the basketball game, at the football games coming up?
Speaker 4: Right now?
Speaker 6: We got Bears versus Titans Week one. That's a nice little spot for the game Time app that's right based the game Time the official partnering partner of Barstool Sports. You shouldn't have to worry when you buy tickets to your next big event. Game Time is fast and easy way to buy tickets to all sports, music, comedy, and theaters theater events near you. They have flash deals for sudden discounts, zone deals when you're feeling a little bit flexible, and their lowest price guarantee means that if you can find the same seats for less anywhere else, game Time will credit you one and ten percent of the difference. Game Time is the best place for last minute seats without the sixty percent off your favorite events. So what are you waiting for?
Speaker 4: Boys?
Speaker 6: I'm going to buy those What am.
Speaker 4: I gonna buy?
Speaker 6: Dude? What am I gonna buy?
Speaker 4: Right now? We're all want to get Saint Louis Cardinals baseball?
Speaker 6: What I know, the Preed's got a big season coming up there. I might have forgot the little Preds tickets out there, because that is you want to talk about an environment, Preds have figured it out in that arena. Dude, you need to get that in the game Time app. Take the guesswork out of buying tickets with game Time download the game Time app, creating account, and use code busting for twenty dollars off your first purchase. Terms apply once again. That is, use code busting for twenty percent off your first purchase. Download game Time app today, last minute tickets, lowest prices, and that is a guarantee.
Speaker 4: Oh for Nashville. In the MLB team the Braves.
Speaker 2: What the sounds triple No, yeah, I know, No, I believe it's is Chicago.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, which Chicago, teabe.
Speaker 4: If you're who do you usually pull?
Speaker 12: Oh oh yeah Braves? Cardinals?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I oh Cardinals, Like I grew up with either it's majority Braves, and then you have like i'd say, seventy thirty Cardinals split and then you got your random mitches of the world.
Speaker 4: They're like the Yankees want to say, I think, yeah, yeah, yeah, I want to say, like in the farm or in the minor system, there's a Memphis Cardinals team like I think the Cardinals are.
Speaker 12: They might be double way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they might have like a Cardinals team.
Speaker 12: I believe he's saying in Memphis.
Speaker 4: I think you can fact check me, but I believe. I believe it was Cardinals has a miners team or in the farm system in Memphis.
Speaker 6: There's one more thing about the Titans game I want to talk about. There's been a debate about the O. G. Paine train and you were in yourself. You were in a little bit of a scuffle this weekend, Jackie.
Speaker 4: You said that no O G.
Speaker 6: Paint train going into the fourth no O G.
Speaker 12: Paint train.
Speaker 6: People are saying you spoke too soon. What what was the situation with that? Because I know all the fans are clamoring.
Speaker 2: Yeah, me as a as a dire Titans fan, I did not leave it half because I care about these reps. I care about the special teams guys, and I'm in there. I'm in there losing my voice.
Speaker 14: But no O G.
Speaker 2: Paintrain video. They play the they played the normal paintrain video. But what we're looking for is the old what's his.
Speaker 6: Name Terry Terry Tate office.
Speaker 2: Line and we need that one back with the folsom Prison Blues going into fourth quarter. I think it's what we need. We have a new system, a new team, so what better thing to do than bring back an old tradition.
Speaker 12: You know, got instilled those values.
Speaker 2: So I do hope though they're saving it for that first home opener. It's the Jets week two, so I think it'd be great. We'll beat the absolute dog shit out of New York and then fourth quarter comes around, we all throw them up and then Terry comes on the screen and you know, it's back to the Mike Fisher days.
Speaker 4: Jack Fires. For the entire of a preseason, it was beast.
Speaker 14: It really was.
Speaker 12: It was just fun just being in the stadium again. And we were talking about this earlier.
Speaker 2: Nashville during this time of year in August, it usually is miserably hot during the time, and we got a historic weather.
Speaker 4: Day on Saturday.
Speaker 16: Fall.
Speaker 2: I think it maybe hit like eighty two eighty three tops, and there was like very little humidity. So by the time it was like six or seven when that Titans game start, there's a little breeze going. You just can't beat it. When you're in Nashville and the weather actually is uh is there for you and not against you.
Speaker 12: You're like, yeah, I see why everybody wants to move here now.
Speaker 2: But we probably won't get another one of those days until October.
Speaker 4: So we're still knock on wood. We're still it's been a nice day to day.
Speaker 12: Today is a nice day. Yeah, shoutout.
Speaker 6: We had a great spring too. It makes you think you're gonna have a great fall.
Speaker 12: We had a great spring this year. I know you talked about.
Speaker 6: For years that dog I've dogged it for years.
Speaker 12: I think I think all that that dogging kind of Uh.
Speaker 6: Willing to be that villain if it gives me a great spring.
Speaker 12: And fall, I'm willing to. Yeah, we thank you for real.
Speaker 4: You guys are welcome. You guys are welcome. Should we do a shadow? No free Shadow? I'm down.
Speaker 6: You want to go first?
Speaker 4: A shoutout?
Speaker 6: No Free Shadow is presented by Duke Cannon. It's the off season that means it's time to elevate your game by working harder and smelling better with your friends. From Duke Cannon. Throw away your old body wash and to go to it because you smell like a JV locker room upgrades Duke Cannon for a varsity level grooming routine. Duke Cannon, since are elite and their products are made for hard working dudes. I want to talk to you about this old trophy.
Speaker 4: Game right here.
Speaker 6: Yes, Michigan is not playing Nebraska this year, which is the bust And Bowl, which is what this beautiful scent was based off of. But all of our hopes going into the fall, all of our teams are twelve and l all of our teams are winning the championship, and the only way to be a champion is to also smell like a champion. As always, the Boys got a special code just for the Tier ones. Use code tier one on Duke Cannon dot com for fifteen percent off your first order Duke Cannon, Work Harder, Smell better.
Speaker 12: Let's have a day.
Speaker 4: I don't know mine yet, I don't actually have Let's make the Boys Friday. Yeah, what's a shoutout?
Speaker 8: No free shout out, shout out, no free shout out to impromptu trips. So like this, Like so I forgot my boy Clay. He lives down here, so I haven't seen him in a while. And it's just kind of nice when you're in a city or like going to like a game or something and you're like, oh yeah, one of my boys lives there. Haven't seen him in a while, and then you catch up. You go to the bar and it's just like you picked up right where you left off.
Speaker 4: Love that. It's a good shout out. Good shout out for the show. Clay will.
Speaker 11: Shout out, no free shout out to my boys. Right here, man coming down visiting the boys. Got a little rowdy on a Sunday, went to Broadway. It was a good time, just like old times. You know, I haven't seen him in a while, so it was just good. It was good to have him. Went golfing too. It's fun. Played nine, it's cool.
Speaker 4: Shout out the boys, man, shout out the boys. Will what do you got?
Speaker 9: Shout out? No free shout out. The people who hand out the samples at the grocery store don't care how many you got. Saturday, I was at the lake.
Speaker 1: We went to Walmart. I was pretty blitzed.
Speaker 9: They're handing out like these like free fresh fried chicken, and I probably had like a pound of chicken.
Speaker 4: Dude, just get ye.
Speaker 9: Didn't give a Those people are the real troopers of America.
Speaker 4: I love that. Good shout out, Jack, you had one.
Speaker 12: I do and it kind of goes along with the preseason.
Speaker 2: My shouting over shadow goes to seeing guys at the Titan Stadium in our merch and especially seeing them from a far because you're.
Speaker 12: Like, yeah, they're out there.
Speaker 2: But specifically, I was walking back into my seat and I see a guy on the phone and then I just see him so aggressively hang up and he's just b lines for me, and I'm like, Okay, I'm either in trouble or he's a busting fan. And he's like, dude, I'm here on a bachelor party. I'm from uh Meddie and Columbia. He goes, I love busting with the boys.
Speaker 4: Chase.
Speaker 2: He was like, He's like beer, Olympics is awesome. He's like, fuck Portnoy, y'all did it. And he's like and he's literally born and raised in medi And Columbia. So the fact that we're making waves down in South America fired me up. And he wanted me to tell you guys hey, and I was like, you're getting the shout out that way.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Shout out to Martin Gomez from Meddie Martin.
Speaker 4: Shout Out the Boy, Martin Gomeza.
Speaker 16: A shout out date Ohio. Shout out, no free shout out Date Ohio was just up there for a wedding. Uh shout out, no free shout the whole city, but specifically college bars just so sleepy. You order a shot, you get in a plastic Dixie cup. Everything's like two bucks. The entire wedding party shut down this bar called Flannagan's, and it hit Dude.
Speaker 10: I'm going to shout out San Diego. I was just out there this past weekend.
Speaker 4: Flag football tournament.
Speaker 10: No you went out went out there with with the girlfriend.
Speaker 4: And oh girlfriend.
Speaker 10: So went to her hometown in the valley Stana Cluda and then drove.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 10: Her hometown is actually called Stevenson Ranch. And being the massive MIC fan that I am, I thought it was hilarious and it was sick to like this is where this is the homeless thives and I felt like I was home. But then we went down to San Diego and that place might be it. I mean it's you got the beaches everywhere. It's like a bunch of young professionals downtown sick the weather. The weather is just like the perfect fall day even in the summer, and like you can go down to the Harbor. There's a bunch of food spots down there. It was awesome.
Speaker 6: So yeah, shout out the West Coast, Shout out the West Coast.
Speaker 5: My shout out, no free shoutout is going to go to Tomato Fest in East Nashville. Nothing beats a good neighborhood festival that gets the entire neighborhood together.
Speaker 1: You're walking around.
Speaker 5: There's vendors, there's food, there's music, and I really need to shout out this band, zip Zapp who just melted our faces office and as we got there, Uh, jack right into the guy a couple of times, and we might be their biggest fans. The reaction was kind of like, yeah it was, but it was great. It was you know, just gets the neighborhood together. If you're in Nashville, I recommend going. And then you know that weather was just money. So it just it was a ten out of ten day love.
Speaker 6: That zips a zip zab What kind of band are they?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: Rock like they they they got long solos and they give a ship about it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, six dudes.
Speaker 4: In that band.
Speaker 7: Solos are fine. It's fully produced songs. There are twelve minutes that I have a problem with yeah, no, I know fish my shoutout, no free shout out. We were talking about it earlier. The welcome party for my wedding is going down on Friday, and I was talking with Will and we're talking about maybe we get a little biggest splash contest going best track contest. But the shout out goes to the line at the diving board pre contest. Yeah, the anticipation, the yes, you have true butterflies, and then when you put your hands on the two little things, get that wine back. It's like, this is it either I become a legend in this neighborhood in this next moment, or I can never come to the diving board again like a superhero. Right, you come out out of the water, just waiting for the reaction the lifeguard is like, you get the approval of the lifeguard.
Speaker 6: Just a small nod.
Speaker 7: Yeah exactly, because he's he's in that chair because he was once on the board.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so he earned it.
Speaker 13: He earned it. So that's my my shout out that.
Speaker 6: That me I can go if you want go ahead, all right, my shadow, no free shadow is going to go to getting horny for food with the boys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, dude.
Speaker 6: Last week WILLI and I were in Chicago and we landed, thinking, you know, hey, you want to do a little fast. You want to fast for like twenty four hour fast and I was like, yeah, fuck it. And then right around three o'clock the hunger hits, and not only.
Speaker 4: Taylor asked me, Taylor asked me too. When we were in the middle of that shoot shoutout game time. He's like, hey, you're trying to make funck some food up. Or He's like, what are you trying to do? You're trying to you trying to keep the fast going. I was like, hey, you're the You're my leader, bro, I'm following you. I Am not gonna be a bad influence. I'm down to do it the rest of the day with you. But just know your boy is starving. Bro.
Speaker 6: The whole entire ride from Barstool HQ to the airport, and then in the airport and the airport, we just talked about breakfast foods for until our flight took off. Then we looked. We just talked about what we were going to fuck up as soon as we landed, because that was when the fast was supposed to end. Then literally we land and Will and I walked to the slim and huskies, and I didn't even I had food waiting for me at home, but I was just I literally sat there, we willing to wait for his pizza to come out, just to look at it. And it was I mean, we were horning, yeah, horned up for that food.
Speaker 4: Pizza was gone for I didn't even wait till I got home.
Speaker 6: I know where I was at the valet. By the way, much better experience at the valet. I had much better experience, but you had you were halfway through that thing. When I was talking next.
Speaker 4: Walking and eating, he was like, what was it? Eight pm? Was the time? Yeah? Eight pm? Oh, I was so hungry man. When we were when we were getting like lined up for our flight too, it was kind of the hangriiness was starting to like creep in a little bit.
Speaker 6: Some guy started asking us how many beers are we gonna smash in this phone?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, that guy, bro, take a fucking hike. I'm not drinking a beer with you.
Speaker 6: Yes, And he basically called us pussies, like but it was it was a little over the top.
Speaker 4: He's like, hey, how many we crush on this flight? I was like, oh no, I'm not drinking. He said, you're not drinking. I was like, no, man, it's a school night. I think it was Tuesday, yeah, or Wednesday. And he just kept harassing me about drinking. I was like, bro, I'm not drinking. On I'm not drinking with you, and he's like, oh, don't be a pussy. And then I hear him talking to Taylor. I throw in my AirPods just to make it seem like I'm done talking to you, and he's like harassing Taylor all the way down the tunnel, like, come on, man, just just have one with me. I can't believe you guys aren't drinking. And I'm thinking at that point, I'm thinking, bro, shut the fuck up.
Speaker 6: Grumpy Will was out, hungry, grumpy.
Speaker 4: I was handled.
Speaker 6: I was like, you were handling business. But we sat down and then we put a pause on the horny food talked he was gonna go middle seat if he said I was gonna move, I was moving.
Speaker 4: I moved.
Speaker 6: Would you have yes, you know, would have sat there and be like, man, that's crazy.
Speaker 4: He did that.
Speaker 6: And then I have to talk to the entire flight.
Speaker 4: You see me just get up and kind of disappear. I kind of let me get something out of my back and then I'm just grab sit in the middle seat somewhere. I was tight that dude was pissing on the we're not having a drink.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm not get in a conversation with the guy on the way to Chicago. And we almost missed our flight, almost missed our flight Chicago.
Speaker 4: The whole plane boarded. Yeah, we're the last ones on. We were we were a one and two and then we got on last. And I'm sitting in the middle seat just and.
Speaker 6: I did walk on the plane before Will, and there was a one window seat left and I sniped it.
Speaker 4: I looked back. I was like, hey, I should have been in front of you. He's like, you want it. I was like, already sitting down colored little bags on back. You'm like looking for another looking for another aisle or window seat, and you see people like, oh, the boy you got on here late. I was like, I'm fucking Will walks.
Speaker 6: Down one and it comes back. I had to come back to go sit in the middle seat. Yeah brutal, but yeah, shut up. Shout up being horny for food.
Speaker 4: Yeah, shut up, we were horny too, bro My shoutdown no free shout out. It is going to go to my wife. She has She is now the owner of the Bar three studios in Nashville, and that has been a goal of hers since I've known her. She was like, is it pw C. Is that some familiar one of the big tax accounting firms. There's like a big three year, big five or something, and she was kind of climbing that corporate ladder. Left some good money to basically manage a Bar three studio in Washington, d C. Where she didn't really get paid a lot of money at all. Talked to her into moving to Nashville, where she ultimately took over and managed the two studios here in Nashville. There's an opportunity for us to buy it in like the COVID year, but it was a little it was a little high price wise, so she ended up not we ended up not jumping on it. Then she took a franchise ops manager job for HQ out of Portland, which is where the Bar three HQ is to where ultimately she like helps people open up their studios. Mentors is basically a resource for anybody, any owner who opens up a new studio and the opportunity came up recently for her to acquire the Bar three studios here in the greater Nashville area. So she is now the owner of the Bar three Studios here in Nashville. So if you're looking for a little group fitness with some music and some pilates yogas, high energy, high energy, you'll be shaking like a dog, sit peach seeds trying to hold these poses. But you can check that out. You can look that up. Premeditated line, premedit. That's that's an old That's one of my old man jokes, is it. Yeah, my dad, he loves that. After a heavy squat day, Yeah.
Speaker 1: All about that.
Speaker 6: He sure just pulls up seeds.
Speaker 4: But uh but yeah, that's my shoutout. No fore shout out of the week.
Speaker 6: One more for char Let's get one more for Charli outstanding. I think it's time to give people what they want.
Speaker 4: We did kind of brush over the fact that it is Jphuvey's wedding. That it's true.
Speaker 6: We should go back to it. That's good, that's a good bookmark.
Speaker 4: But we can very much. I know everybody's dying to listen to this rich Isison episode. But however, we do have to celebrate the boy jp it's his wedding week. There's been a lot of stress I assume leading up to this moment. As married men who went through it, I feel your pain, y'all.
Speaker 7: Y'all can each give one piece of advice for me and anybody else that that might be about to get married.
Speaker 4: My advice for the week of leading up is ultimately, just put yourself in a mindset of the haze in the barn. Whatever goes wrong, whatever needs to be fixed, is somebody else's job outside of you. Your job is to minimize whatever stress that your partner's feeling. Because they want everything to be perfect. It's the biggest day that they've been dreaming, dreaming about since since a little girl, and ultimately they want everything to go perfectly, even though they might allude at front that they might not want it to. They want everything to go perfectly. So your job. I felt like my job was ultimately, like, sweetheart, it's gonna be all good like this. We're gonna get married, we're gonna say some awesome vows, and we're gonna have a dope party afterwards. And I did that as much as possible because it was ultimately relieve yourself a feeling as stressed out as everybody else is surrounding the wedding. That would be my advice, Like you get on the plane or are you driving or flying there?
Speaker 13: I'm flying flying there, and.
Speaker 4: It's like, once you get on that flight, bro, just be like, Hey, everything else is out of my hands. We're either gonna perform the operation is gonna perform. But once everybody shows up for the welcome party, it's just gonna be fun from there on out. It's over.
Speaker 13: Yeah, once the first person gets in the pool.
Speaker 4: That's all you need. If nobody's in there, trust me, we will be diving in that pool, We'll be getting in that pool, we'll be setting off. But you should it should be It should be all fun from here on not, even though I know it's like gets a little tight, gets a little dicey. You got the parents, you got everybody kind of weighing in on what should happen here, what should happen there, It's like, hey, focus on the vowels.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just say expect expecting to go wrong, like things that you don't want to have. Things are going to go wrong. But the other day it doesn't matter you're putting rings on the finger, you're saying you're vund you're getting it done. Check all the boxes that you think you need to check. If you're like saying hello to people, do that as fast as early as possible, and then after that, be truly intentional about enjoying the wedding. That's it, because I feel like everybody you thought, to anybody that's been married, it's like, oh, yeah, our wedding was fun, but we really don't remember it because it was like so much high stress. We're going through all of it. It's like once you've shook in people's hands been like hey, I appreciate you coming, then it's like, how can we now go away for a second look at this grand scheme of these five hundred people. However many people are at this wedding and be like, Yo, this is sick. We this is our wedding. Take a moment just the two of you, and then dive into the fun.
Speaker 4: Love it. It's the best to you, especially if you black out.
Speaker 13: I can't do that. We got it on the flight the next day.
Speaker 1: You can.
Speaker 4: You can block It's the same, bro, And I was blacked out well with awesome music was awesome, dude, it was so much f because everybody's pocketive friends from early days, later days in between your side, her side, family, everybody coming together and like having a good time and celebrating, like it is so much fun.
Speaker 1: It's so crazy.
Speaker 7: Obviously y'all know, sitting sitting's awesome all the time. And she seriously does not have like a single friend that I don't like, and like everyone she's grown up with that she became friends with in college is like the best I love going to visit her friends. She feels the same way about my friends, and now that they all get to meet, it's.
Speaker 4: Gonna be so fun. Bro, it's gonna be so fun.
Speaker 6: It's gonna be awesome.
Speaker 4: And get all your thank yous out to the family the immediates that Taylor is talking about, you get them first, so that way, because when you get around your friends, you're gonna want to be a little longer, a little longer winded right to where you know your wife are bout Hey, we gotta we gotta move on to the next table. Yeah, get the big ones out early yet my wife. That sounds crazy, Yeah, your wife, bro, Hey, congratulations on the upcoming sex.
Speaker 13: Thanks bro.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's gonna awesome.
Speaker 6: Rumors were a little me and sureman, a little worried about you. Yeah, you're gonna change come back into the office, leather jacket on smoking cigarettes, stick, a totally different cat.
Speaker 14: Oh yeah, we were talking about I might take Taylor's seat when I come back.
Speaker 6: Just all of a sudden, this crazy amount of confidence. Won't you sit back there? I'll say yes, my.
Speaker 13: Bad, my bad, new JB open there.
Speaker 6: No, that's gonna be awesome, man, it'll be a fun time. Your wedding was a blast. It was a good time, rocky, turbulent in the beginning for me.
Speaker 4: Horrible, horrible.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but we got through it.
Speaker 4: Everything was all good until that really came out, no doubt.
Speaker 7: No, Taylor might be driving the getaway car, so oh yeah, I'm ind hiccups.
Speaker 4: And you found a Yeah, you got a morole.
Speaker 6: Nothing's ever gonna I'm gonna do the old eye drops and whoever's doing the wedding, I'm gonna do that to him Saturday afternoon, hit him with oh it's unfortunate he couldn't make it.
Speaker 4: And I'll save the day sabotage.
Speaker 13: Yeah, wasn't even prepared, but I do have this written up now?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Pull it all out?
Speaker 4: You said him, you said something earlier there? What I say?
Speaker 6: You shook in everybody's hands. Huh shooking, shaking, shaking shaking. You know what'll help you grammarly.
Speaker 4: Grammarly you right across multiple platforms and places during your workday, so delivering consistent, high quality communication everywhere is key. Grammarly is an AI writing partner that helps you get work done faster with high quality writing for better projects, proposals, presentations, and more. Better writing needs a stronger impact. Ninety six percent of grammarly users report that grammarly helps them craft more impactful writing. Get personalized writing suggestions based on your audience, goals, and context. Grammarly helps professionals get more done, whether you're trying to spell, trying to phrase it as shooking or shaken. Get AI writing sport that works where you work. Sign up and download for free at grammarly dot com. Slash podcast That's g r A M M A r l y dot com slash podcast Easier Said Done. Richison, Richison, rich Eison, Please enjoy this episode. Subscriber to host. All Right, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 1: This is happening.
Speaker 4: We got him.
Speaker 1: It is going down, This is happening.
Speaker 6: Seventy two days, kicking is cleaning.
Speaker 1: Finally did it? Look at this place? Is everything you thought it would be everything? It's everything. I thought it would be more comfortable chairs than I thought it would be. You know, there's a there's an old school vibe to it, there's a new school vibe to it. I still don't understand why there's no motor on this thing. I think you'd kill it if you could take this thing around the country. It was my initial reaction when you first told me. I think was that five years ago now.
Speaker 6: Over seven hundred days ago, and seventy two days was the time we started to try to get you.
Speaker 1: Right to start. But this goes back to when you came on my show at the Draft in Nashville, when I was doing my show at the Draft, and you're like, Hey, I'm going to do this, uh this pod, I'm starting to pod, And I'm like, what's it called busting with the boys? Really? Great, that's cool, Like, why is it called busting with the boys? There's a bus? No kidding? Great, Well, when the bus comes through La, I'd love to go on it. You're like, there's no motor on it, and I'm like, oh, what do you mean, Like, what are you talking about? There's no motor on the bus. And you said there's no motor on the bus, and on that spot, I'll never forget it. Right there on the show, I decided, Okay, I'm going to commit to never appearing on this show until there's a motor on the.
Speaker 6: Bus, which was a strong stance to take, and I think.
Speaker 1: I kind of threw you a little bit, you know, like you didn't expect such a strident opinion coming out of me so quickly. I went from supportive to.
Speaker 6: The album like, yeah, he really put me in my place.
Speaker 1: Angry, you know what I mean, weirdly angry if I would have a motor. I was offended just on behalf of all broadcasting, you know, like there would be a show based on a bus, but the bus doesn't move. It made no sense.
Speaker 6: Let me let me tell you how that made me feel, because I like to think, yeah, you know you are that you're the god of the NFL. When people think of NFL voices, they think of Rich eisen.
Speaker 10: Well.
Speaker 1: I mean, at some point they'll get around, Yeah, at some point, process of elimination, no question.
Speaker 6: Eventually, you've just been around a long long time. And when I'm talking to you, a businessman who has his voice on a microphone for so long, and then I say, Hey, I'm gonna do X, Y and Z, and you're all about it. And then I say one small thing and you shut it down.
Speaker 4: My heart hurt.
Speaker 6: I thought, Man, there's no way this bust. What the boy thing is gonna work out of Rich Eisen.
Speaker 1: No, I mean that's not the way I meant it to be. I just kind of meant it to be like a little bit of a bit and a commitment, commitment to the bit, which is, you know, the only way a bit works. And then and then I we're not knowing that exactly. Then that that's why I would understand the animosity that I feel more from my left, like the heat I'm currently feeling from my left more than I guess my ten o'clock position right over here. Is that the next part of the bit was to not know who. Will Compton was like, I'm like you, who are you doing it with? And then that was another part of the bit. Then I just hammered that bet part of the bit down on the ground until you know. I started watching you take people for a walk on your Twitter account, and you kind of won me over. At that point in time. I kind of love the walk. I think that's a funny thing. And then the way you commit to that bit too, so I'm like, okay, then I started taking you for a walk, and then I don't know when day one started to Who came with the idea of posting a photograph of me every single day?
Speaker 4: Is kind of organ Yeah, it was conversation. Matter of fact, let's ask Jack, Jack, the one who is responsible for posting every day. I'm sure some of the boys in the bag mound.
Speaker 2: This was a little over two years ago and it was a slow summer day, so I was just trying to find anything we can repurpose for content, and there was the whole reservicing. I think of maybe a clip that you would never come on. So I was like day one, tweeting a photo of rich eyes until it comes on the podcast. In the first few days, everyone loves it, and then by about day twelve, people are like, all right, this is old already. And now we hear our seven hundred days later and people still think it's old, but we never gave up.
Speaker 1: So no, I appreciate that you never gave up, certainly since you know there was a Chevy Silverado on the line for you about doing it.
Speaker 4: Every single les say that whole idea was coming up during a podcast.
Speaker 12: It was about thirty days in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when we're two guys, that's like, how committed are you to this? And then we kind of established terms and then it became and just took life and it found legs and then we're in LA and we're on the show talking about it, and I think that was like day four hundred and fifty.
Speaker 6: It was last summer, right.
Speaker 1: And then and then, you know, the aggressiveness from your passionate fan base, the passionate dun fan You don't want to cross them, know, but but the fact and I would reach out to you saying, you know, can you you know, jump in here at some point, and you didn't.
Speaker 4: Not nothing. You do have a fan base too, Like when I would when it seems like you come through Nashville and then I'm like, oh, it's great to see you go, but you go to other cities.
Speaker 1: And I never came through that. This is the first time I was back Inshville's.
Speaker 6: Edelman's podcast, I think he did. Did you do the pivot?
Speaker 4: You did?
Speaker 1: I did? I did? Pardon my get.
Speaker 6: Thirty never do wh which you gotta respect the time You got to respect the time out. Okay, you gotta respect.
Speaker 1: The time out. So how many of these do you get?
Speaker 4: It's really at our discression.
Speaker 1: Must start with three of.
Speaker 4: So appreciating the different bits. One that I always enjoy is when you do go on somebody else's show, like crafting some tweet that makes me think that you travel to everybody else except the boys. And when I do do that, there's some rich eisons fans out there that come across. He's got better things, dude, Then go on your guys a shitty bus. You guys are on a real podcast. Your pants are nasty.
Speaker 1: Listen, I'm gonna say that that's your fans just clapping back at you, just trying to keep you in line as opposed to him.
Speaker 4: Then that could be true.
Speaker 6: So you just do you think? I just wondering if you, like, for the last thirty years doing sports and you have no fans.
Speaker 1: I am. I am as one hundred percent honest as I possibly can be when I say this. I never crafted a tweet to try and make you jealous about me appearing on other podcasts. I never thought in a million years when I appeared on Julian Edelman's podcast shot out of his home just off the four or five Freeway, about twenty minutes from where I live and just twenty five minutes from where I work, that you would consider that an affront that I would travel that short amount of a distance. Keywords to flying, the friggin' nast keyword travel. You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: You traveled travel, He traveled.
Speaker 6: In La La traffic video twenty minutes was a block of life Indianapolis.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 6: Oh, that's a good poll.
Speaker 1: I but I did McAfee's show when you were during the Yeah, when I was in Annapolis for the combine, and then I did I did pardon my take. When I was in New York for the.
Speaker 4: Sports, you did do pardon my take as well.
Speaker 1: Now I know that that was. That was now that you guys considered an affront. I understand. It's the same label, it's the same family. It's the same if you were if the but if this sport, I don't want to get involved, Okay, it sounds like right, I don't want to get involved in this family.
Speaker 6: She's a blessing with the boys. You're smacked bab in the middle.
Speaker 1: So maybe so. But you know, all I'm saying is that if the Sports Emmys were in Nashville, I'd have been on the bus sooner, you know what I mean. And if they were in Nashville, I wouldn't have done part of my take because I was in town for the Sports Semis. You know, Like, honestly, this is the first time I have been in Nashville since I the draft, Yes, nineteen draft, Yeah, the twenty nineteen, eighteen, twenty nineteen, I.
Speaker 4: Think, yeah, it was. It was definitely twenty Yeah.
Speaker 1: So that's the origin, and that's you know, but it's now officially in the past. We turn it. We have officially turned the page. And to give you some grace, Yes, I didn't know I needed any well.
Speaker 4: Together, you know, you're defending all your points, so I want to give you some grace too. You did try coming on and we would go to the Super Bowl. I did, and we would be like, no, he has to it has to be on the bus because the entire and I.
Speaker 6: Expect said that we publicly put that out there that Riches tried.
Speaker 1: Didn't do that. They didn't hear that. It's more and more aggressive with each with each like every single time there'd be a photograph and some of them, you know, Jack, I mean you would just take a screen grab of the interview that I did that day. It was pretty lazy, But I understand, I understand, I understand. I understand. Like day seven ten, you're like, Okay, I just need to check this box and get out of the way. I totally get that.
Speaker 2: To right a fence there after a certain amount of time, even for someone who's been on the internet and in the public eye for a long time, there is only a finite amount of photos of you, so.
Speaker 1: Really okay, getting I find that offensive all of a sudden. No, but you would find some deep cuts, like I would have to like really begin to think, like where was that? You know? And I was impressed by that, But each and every time I would look at the first couple of comments and it would be busting. Fans were just like, you're you're disrespecting you know, You're never going to go on you know, yeah, like this this photograph that's up there right now, that's that's my photograph from uh college from pie cap of five, my fraternity. That's what's up on the house wall right now. Wherever the house is in Michigan. It was it was at temporary quarters. We we didn't have an official house.
Speaker 6: Oh really, you're still working through it.
Speaker 1: Still working through I'm a ground I'm a groundbreaker, man.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's no question about that.
Speaker 1: NFL network. You know, there's another example, you know, ground floor build it upright. No one can ever take it away from you, that right. So that but that they would get aggressive. You could see how my name is Richard Eisen on that because again that's a that's what I was known as in college. At any rate, I'm here.
Speaker 4: So do you have a favorite photo that Jack posted or that jog you remember in such a way like, oh man.
Speaker 1: I don't know every now and then my you wrote my wife into it, you know.
Speaker 2: Which is a birthday yesterday, correct with her birthday.
Speaker 1: It's very kind of you, Jack, Thank you. It's very touching. I feel like we're you're a member of a family now.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 1: I really do feel that way.
Speaker 6: That is special. And the first time you guys met was last summer.
Speaker 12: Correct on the show.
Speaker 2: They're very nice enough to have us all in the studio, a beautiful studio, really great staff.
Speaker 12: You guys have a great operation.
Speaker 1: Thanks brother.
Speaker 6: What was the feeling when you saw Rich for the first time, knowing he was the only man sitting in the way between you and Chevy Sierado.
Speaker 12: It's like seeing a father I've never seen before.
Speaker 6: I went out from milk and a pack of cigarettes and never came back.
Speaker 2: And I remember a Garrett was there watching. There was a bunch of us walking in and I go up. He goes, we're going to get you that truck, and I go in for a hug and he's already talking to other people and I'm like.
Speaker 6: Oh, no, another time, Dad, Yeah, no doubt.
Speaker 1: Just listen. I'm sorry I left and never came back. But we're now reunited and hopefully, you know, we can look past everything ready.
Speaker 4: To move forward.
Speaker 1: Great.
Speaker 4: Hey. I will say it was really cool to be out at your studio with the team last year because of like you know, Jack tweeting every day, Like I feel like we all had fun being out there and fanboying on you for a second, like when you covered baseball growing up and playing baseball, watching you break down the MLB every day for my fantasy league, whatever fantasy league I was on. But being able to watch you for like the last two decades and you're running a couple of bits on me, it's been really cool.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you saying that.
Speaker 4: Will I know it feels a little weird.
Speaker 1: No, it's it's all good man.
Speaker 6: There's a bunch of dudes.
Speaker 4: Gracefully.
Speaker 6: We were in the car, Born's crazy, And all I'm saying is that's crazy.
Speaker 1: By the way, on the drive over here. As on the drive over here, we were talking about how my first Michigan game and I kind of forgot the circumstances about it, and it was against Nebraska and it was the Fiesta Bowl. I looked it up and I remember sitting there thinking, you know, after a jog my memory, now I'm remember that we beat Nebraska in the Fiesta Bowl, and I thought, oh, Michigan Wan's Bowl game. And then of course we all found out, you know, at least I did that. That's not always the case, clearly, but any great. The reason I brought that up is I'm like, do you remember that? And then I realized I was talking to you, and I'm like, were you born yet? And you said no, and then you said when were you born? It's a nineteen sixty nine? When were you born? Is what you said? Like how you said when were you born?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: Yeah, holy agains like that?
Speaker 6: Do you still do it?
Speaker 1: You know? Listen?
Speaker 6: Are you still so sharp at this lot?
Speaker 1: To tell you?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: How do I do it? You know? It's just a no question peptides? Yeah, And it's just a lot of crossword puzzles, you know, I do hear and keeping myself up? What else? What more can I say? Ginko, blowbo whatever they say that that shit is? What is that?
Speaker 4: Do you carry an iPhone? Are you still a flip phone?
Speaker 6: Fuck you, dude, you just got a gentle fuck you homagize, that's kind of I didn't know.
Speaker 4: He asked for coffee in the newspaper this morning.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm nothing without coffee in my paper, no question, Yeah, every single day. Yeah, So I was born. I'm fifty five. It's all right, listen. You should be so lucky at age fifty five if you can sit on this bus and keep doing this show, dude, for as long as you know, for as long as I've done shit in my career, you know what I mean? Like, I hope that for you. You don't want to get that tap on the shoulder from somebody saying you're done.
Speaker 6: The good news is we're own bosses. So the only people that we tapping ourselves, like hey, we're fifty.
Speaker 1: Five, would port consider that we would just he would consider you your own bosses.
Speaker 4: I can ask that question direct, I think would say those are my guys like their partner with barstool, technically he would be our boss technically.
Speaker 1: Ultimately, if was asked a direct question, Okay, are the boys from Busting with the Boys their own bosses? He would answer it, how?
Speaker 6: How those are my guys? He would say those are my guys?
Speaker 1: Will he should say yes? Question? Should we only answer it yes or no?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 6: And Day's been in the business, I mean, only half as long as you twenty five years. But he knows how to maneuver those waters, and I guarantee he would say those are yes.
Speaker 4: He would say yes.
Speaker 6: Okay, now he's saying yes.
Speaker 1: Well, he can only say yes or no. Those are his only choices A or B Yes, B is no. How would he answer?
Speaker 6: I think he'd say yes? He wouldn't just say yes, yes.
Speaker 1: So he would indicate in his answer some form of hesitation to let the person who's asking the question know they're absolutely not.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we call that gray area. Yeah, and that's where we live in the gray area with Barstool. Okay, because bust in there's a whole, there's a whole different variables. Will's got an independent contract so technically, oh really.
Speaker 1: You're not an official Barstool employee.
Speaker 6: No, Will is an official bartolmployees. Okay, but then the bus itself, it's like we work alongside Barstool, but also push come to shove. If someone had to be an answer, I don't know. Let's just say like having a production team in Las Vegas for a beer game Championship of the World, and they wanted to pull that, they could do that and we can understand about it.
Speaker 1: But your partners, right, yes, partners. It's a strong has a boss.
Speaker 4: Right Leisure mcave in ESPN Sure, yeah.
Speaker 1: Right, but that's that's that's a great pull because at the end of the day, you know, Pat has his own boss.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Even though so you've answered the question, okay, so you're so you're saying you're the McAfee of Barstool, Will said that yes, okay, I'm sorry, I'm going to back off. I'm bad at being the A of Q and A. I'm I didn't mean to take over.
Speaker 6: I don't think you're at all. I think you've taken us on a couple of nice journeys with a little memory lane with Jack got this has been great.
Speaker 4: Okay, we interrupt this episode to bring you body Armor, real hydration, real ingredients packed with electrolytes, vitamins, and nothing artificial. Body Armor Sports drink has a great has great tasting flavors like strawberry banana and blue raspberry. And not only do we hydrate with body Armor, but some of the best best athletes in the world do as well, like Christian McCaffrey, Joe Burrow, Ronald Acuna Junior, Acunya Acunya Junior, CD Lamb, and Bryce Young Gay. Yours today at Walmart or your local grocery store near you. Back to the episode.
Speaker 1: You've been outcause I see you have lists of potentials potential. Why are they potential? They means they have potential to be asked of me right now?
Speaker 6: Because bus what the boys is more founded in our organic conversation, and here we are right now now, making it no longer organic conversation because I'm talking about being organic, so they're there, it can't be so organic. But if we run into a little brick wall, like we might be right now, I could look over in the.
Speaker 1: Corner when I asked me one of the potential questions.
Speaker 6: How was the NFL Hall of Fame ceremony?
Speaker 1: Oh, it's great, Taylor, Thanks for asking.
Speaker 6: And then you would elaborate more because you know you're on a show right Well, were you nervous during it?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 6: Were you more nervous during that or doing the roast of Tom Brady?
Speaker 1: Ah? Okay, I was the roast of Tom Brady was wild. So I wasn't asked to do that until the day before by Jeff Ross. Really, yes, jefjeff Ross, Jeffrey Ross. I've known since September of two thousand and one, when I was at a party in New York City just after nine eleve and it was like the first time everyone was out and about and I saw him at a party and I fanboyd him because he had just done the roast of Jerry Stiller, where Sandra Bernhardt had done some musical act with Jerry Stiller, and he stepped up and he told the famous line Sandra Bernhardt, she's so ugly, I wouldn't fuck her with be Arthur's dick. And b Arthur somebody who you probably don't know before your time is she was on Golden Girls and she was getting up in years and she was on the dais and he roped in a seventy year old woman and accused her of having a male.
Speaker 6: Part, and that was the way to your heart.
Speaker 1: And it was the funniest it still is the funniest roast joke ever said anywhere by anybody. And so we hit it off and we've known each other ever since then. So he called me the day before and he goes, how would you like to kick off the roast of Tom Brady tomorrow night? So I was going anyway. I was going to be there with my wife Susan, and I were going anyway, and he goes, how'd you like to star? And I'm like, you had me at hello, of course, like I'll do that. And he had told me, because he's always up front with me, that he was trying to get Mike Tyson to do that first.
Speaker 4: How that would go.
Speaker 1: I know, if Tyson was going to start it off right, like let's get ready to rumble or whatever the hell and so what for whatever reason it didn't happen. I'm like, I'm happy to be your plan b after Mike Tyson. By the way, I'm the only time in my life I've ever been a planed b off after Mike Tyson for anything. But so I I was going to start it off. So I rehearsed. They had me go down to the to the forum earlier on that Sunday and rehearse it. So I did it. It's on the prompter. I can read a prompter, you know, for thirty years, not a problem. And so as we're getting ready to walk in in its time to walk into the arena, my wife, sus who's been in the business for as long as I've been, turns to me and she asked me, and she never really asked me. She goes, are you nervous to do this? And I'm like, no, you know, like I just rehearsed. It's on the prompter and whatever. So we walk in the arena and you know, the idea that there's a roast and arena is it's pretty big room for a roast, and I was a little concerned that the roast wouldn't go over well in a room full of ten thousand people. But the place was already half hour before packed, and there must have been a million open bars or whatever, because everybody was ready to roll. You could feel the energy in that arena a half hour before. All the Sullys and Fitzes and their Edelman jerseys and their Ground jerseys and their Brady jerseys. They were lit literally figuratively. It was you could feel the energy. And so now it's time to actually do it. And they put me right there out in front hand the microphone, and the camera goes in my face and I thought to myself, oh shit, like this is actually happening. It's live, and I'm, you know, introducing Kevin Hart and everybody's there, and I had seen everybody, and I'm like, okay, now I'm starting this thing off. And then as soon as they started the roast, you know that Netflix do Doom. Yeah, they played that in the arena and it echoed off of everything, and the place when crazy. And that's when you know, like a like a hint of a butterfly hit and I thought to myself, this is pretty cool. Yeah, because I just remember the first time I started Sports Center. My first Sports Center ever was in the spring of ninety six. I was twenty six years old. My only experience was local sportscaster in Redding, California, small beautiful town up in northern California. And now here I am on the Sports Center set and I'm going down And it was a sweet six no round of thirty two Saturday of the March Madness, and it was a half hour show with Larry Beale and I had twelve highlights and I'd only seen one of them, so eleven of my highlights that I was going to be doing live on ESPN for the first time, we're going to be handed to me during the show. And I remember thinking to myself walking downstairs, I have two choices. I can shit in my pants or I can just go and tee it up and let it fly. And I probably did both. But that's the feeling I had for the Brady Roast, where I'm like, this is the coolest thing ever, Like, why am I nervous? It's on the prompter. I've done this a million times. And that was the greatest night man. I love roasts awesome. I love them because you know, it's a for the lack of a better phrase, I don't think Brady would call it this, but it's a safe space where you.
Speaker 6: Know what I mean, absolutely, you see what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: It's a safe space like and to that point, I thought the Brady roast was like a Patriots therapy session a long time coming, where Bledsoe got shipped off his chest that he never would have been able to tell Brady to his face or Belichick to his face, and Edelman did the same thing, and Gronk did the same thing to each other and to everybody else there. And Craft being there and Belichick being there, it got everything out in the safe space of you could say what you can say in the roast. Sure there's a germ of truth and pretty much everything that you're saying, but it's all in the spirit of having a good time and being fun and saying the wrong thing. And it's tough to say the jokes now because when you're out of the context of the roast it sounds awful. But I love it. It was great, and I think it not to get too deep here, but it made Brady's actual Hall of Fame night in New England a month later that much more joyous. There was none of the undercurrent of, well they don't like Kim, he doesn't like them. They're still pissed about that time. It got everything off their chest and it was just about Brady's night of being honored and going into the Patriots Hall of Fame, and that's all it was about. That's what that roast was. It was amazing.
Speaker 6: It was one of the best roast I've ever seen. It was so too.
Speaker 1: It was three hours. It was because because they added something like a lot of people, they were putting a lot.
Speaker 4: Of Tony Hinchcliff wasn't supposed to be up there that long.
Speaker 1: Tony Hinchcliff was brilliant.
Speaker 6: He was unbelievable brilliant. That was one of the things I doesn't ask you who was your favorite?
Speaker 1: Well, Nicki Glazer and him were just dominated.
Speaker 6: They stole the show.
Speaker 1: They did Nicki Glazer's joke about Gronk with the with the crypto like we know that not real money? How did you lose all that money? You know? And her telling that joke. Even Gronk knows me know that not real money. And that was the first joke of the night where the upper bowl of the arena laughed longer and louder than the lower bowl. So it was kind of like, you know, for lack of a better analogy, like a star burst in the galaxy that took a few more light years to hit Earth. And so everybody's laughing in the lower bowl, loud laugh, and then the upper bowl came on top of it and made it even louder and longer. And that's when it was really cooking with gas. I mean, that was after Bledsoe went and Jeff Ross went and he says that he's gonna gift me for my studio his roast Jay Simpson Jersey framed, So I'm going to get that from him, sure and place that in my in my studio. Bledsoe went, he went, Kevin Hart was outstanding and then she went and amazing, and Hinchcliffe was brilliant, brilliant. He just tore that place a new one. He was great. I thought Bledsoe was hilarious. And I heard that when that when Belichick, when Craft came out of the audience to do a shot with Belichick, and it looked like Bill wanted to do anything on planet Earth except take a shot with Craft. I was told it had nothing to do personally with Craft. It's just that Bill doesn't like drinking tequila very much, and he had just done a shot five minutes earlier with Gronk and Edelman, and he's just like, I mean, another shot at tequila. Like he's more of a wine drinker kind of the same way, so that he was actually reacting to having to do another shot of tequila. And then Gronk spiked the shot glass, which he wasn't supposed to do, and I think it did catch somebody in the front row. Really hospital, that's that's that's a rumor. I have not confirmed that, but it was wild.
Speaker 4: Was the exchange with Tom and Who.
Speaker 1: And Jeff Ross. Jeff swears, yeah, where you want to and that, yeah, because he made fun of Crafts, you know, right, yeah, and so and he went up to him and he like said cut the ship or something like that, and Jeff, Jeff, Jeff and him are cool, like you know. It really wasn't anything that was agreed to beforehand or whatever, and so it wasn't as big as as people made it out to be. Jeff Jeff told me. But the crazy thing is is that moment is the was viral moment, you know, from from the uh, from the roast in terms of awkwardness instead of the other stuff being just like laugh out loud funny jokes. And so the cutaway in the middle of that is to me and my wife Susie, and so we we we were everywhere because the cutaway, they kept cutting away to Susie and I just like laughing, yeah, you know, and I don't know why. I mean, it's great because she looked out, Yeah there it is right there. I mean, that's her reaction right there, because because Robert Kraft wrote her letter of recommendation for college, she's known him forever. Really well, yeah, so and obviously he's one of my thirty two thirty three bosses because you know, I'll admit, I'll have a boss, you know. And so they cut away to us. But it's a funny joke, man, I mean again, it's a roast.
Speaker 6: It's a roast of that awkward moment. Yes, did you like feel the awkwardness in it or was it kind of like a fleeting passing by it happened to just catch stretch.
Speaker 1: I was just laughing and it's funny, I thought. Honestly, I didn't see Tom grow up to him because I just like, nor did Susie, because you know, her face is in her.
Speaker 4: I just figured Tom was like being funny himself, like to where you're whispering something, but you know it's going to be heard, the type of thing right here and you're right talking going to be able to hear in all.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I think the first hour of the roast, like if you asked Brady, he probably wouldn't remember it, like like just it's I can't imagine being the roasty, you know like that. Yeah, and also.
Speaker 6: Going through the divorce all that, Like it's funny too that it was a craft and that's when he gets mad. But all the things about his wife also deflating balls.
Speaker 1: Was not the joke where Kevin Hart said something wrong? Was it Kevin Hart talk about the black like she she's taken fifteen lessons of jiu jitsu and still has like a white doll?
Speaker 6: How do you not see that coming that way?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I mean it was often he was great too, Brady when it was his turn.
Speaker 4: To yeah, roll, he was It was all really good.
Speaker 6: There was of the guys at art comedians, who did you think did the best?
Speaker 1: Wow See I thought bled See was great. Gronk did in fact write most of his stuff. Like at one point he goes, I wrote that, uh like that was that was him being you know, just trading in on his persona just for a joke. He legitimately wrote that and was proud of how he wrote that. Yeah, and it's great. So I you know. And so from my vantage point where Susie and I were sitting, so the I'm sitting here, the stage was to my left sort of like in the position where you are and where Jack is over there, you could see the prompter that they were reading off. So it's kind of like, you know, when you go to a football game, like in Dallas or if you've been to one in LA. Sometimes you'll be watching the game on on the big screen and you have to remind yourself there's a live football version, like you're here at the game, you should watch it down on the field instead of on the huge big screen. Sometimes though, I would be looking over at the prompter and seeing what what they were saying on on the stage. Was that real ad living or not and how they were following it. Gronk was way off his prompter, like way off, Like I felt bad for the prompter operator trying to keep up and find out where he was going to try to pick back up again. Like that person had a like had a hell of the day, like needed a nap after the after the roast, well even Tony.
Speaker 6: Tony was supposed to say at his seat, right, and then he had he went up and so I.
Speaker 1: Think, you know, I think he was supposed to start at his seat and then get up on stage. That's what I heard. Again, I haven't spoken.
Speaker 4: To telling me that. It was like he had like a minute or two at the table, but was not supposed to go up on the stage.
Speaker 1: Oh is that right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it might have changed, It might have changed right before because he was a very he was a late addition to the entire thing.
Speaker 1: Well, and so were a lot of people. That's my point is the reason why it was three hours long is they put a lot of you know, hooks in the water to get people, and a lot of people committed really late, and so they're like, all right, just make it longer, Like what are you gonna tell Will Ferrell? No, you can't play, you know, Ron Verdi it was to get out of here, you know what I mean? Or Belichick and Craft. You know, I heard Craft was a was a late ad and they're just like like Goodfellas, they flew a table in and put it right in the front, you know. And and so I didn't care. It was great. It for three hour roast. It felt like half that time. It was great.
Speaker 6: Was there was there anything in there that the room kind of deflated a little bit? Were there any jokes at people were like.
Speaker 1: I think Ben Affleck?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Ben kind of it was a weird showing right what was also late too?
Speaker 1: And yeah, you know, and I know a lot of the comics up there, you know if if if they're not like I bet you if you asked Tony next time you saw him, like, you know, hey, when you're sitting there with you know, in the in the crowd, were you like looking at your watch, like when a when am I going to get up there? Because comics don't want to go up late two hours in people might be laughed out, you know, it might not be the best time to get up there.
Speaker 4: So but that's almost fascinating to me. Listening to him because he's big into like he was kind of speaking about it from the game and the science of it all. He's like, I had to switch up a lot of my jokes because when Nikki kills it up at the top and then he goes on like an hour or two later, you can just feel the room ship to where he had to like maneuver different jokes from HM because he's like, this isn't going to hit at this.
Speaker 1: Point, no doubt. And I, by the way, I geek out on stuff like that. For the lack of a better phrase. I did stand up in college at Michigan at the U Club, Yeah, which is now a Panera bread I think so. And and the toughest thing I've ever had to do my entire life is to do stand up comedy. It did it once every six weeks from sophomore year all the way to the end. But it was also a little easier for me because all my friends were there packed the house, so I kind of knew what the audience would be doing. My big my big finale was to read the Penthouse Forums in Howard Cosell's voice, you know, and again, I'm dating myself for a lot of your audience. People are googling Howard Cosell right now which f Penhouse, Yeah, perhaps too, and the Forum letters and whatever and so like that was my my act for like three years. Tried it in Lavonia for like on a laugh shack in small town there and outside of ann Arbor, and there were like five people in the audience, and I'm like, I'm not cut out for this, So yeah, it was.
Speaker 6: It like a thing you might have wanted to pursue or was it?
Speaker 1: Million percent? Absolutely? And to the point where you know where I'm I'm I'm on a show, any show that I've done from Sports Center, NFL Network, my current show. Like if I say something that I think is funny and I don't hear an immediate feedback of laugh, I think it's fallen flat. So I basically have told anybody that I've any show that I do, any show that I do, I go to everybody on the floor after, you know, and tell them if you think something's funny, you know, like laugh out loud, like I don't. I don't think people at home would think like a studio show is worse because you're hearing a reaction of somebody on the floor, Like that's what NFL Game Day morning like. If you hear when we're having fun some for the first few years, you know, the crew, because it's not their job to laugh at my ship, right, It's their job is to, you know, make sure the show looks great and sounds great and all that business. I would go up to him. I'm like, just go ahead, laugh, you know, like the energies. That's the way I kind of work. A couple of shows I've done at super Bowls for my show in front of live audiences. I love it. I can't get enough of it.
Speaker 6: Just the energy of a crowd.
Speaker 1: I love it. And that's why I love roasts. I love roasts, just love comedy. I do entertainment, you know what I do.
Speaker 6: That's beautiful.
Speaker 1: I'm so glad I came on this bus to confirm.
Speaker 4: But I agree with it too. Like even watching like on TV, if you hear people in the background, like I catch myself to where if you say something funny, I might be like, oh, that was funny, But if people are laughing with you, you're almost like subconsciously grinning and smiling and feeling.
Speaker 6: Yeah and just didn't. Laughter is always a great feeling. Do you what do you hear it?
Speaker 1: Right? That's what it is too, you know. Uh, I think maybe I get that also from growing up in New York listening to Howard Stern, you know where you would hear the rest of his you know, gang laughing out loud, you know, Jackie the joke man, Martling, you know what I mean? Like that his his old school shows and now obviously current shows for sure, Like you know, your guys react to what you're doing. People listening wherever they are or watching wherever they are, they'll react to it better. I always think that way.
Speaker 6: With the media now and you kind of see this big transition MACA for getting to ESPN. It's more it seems more loose, like the suit and tie is kind of going away. What have you seen since the beginning being on ESPN to now how much it's integrated more of like a casual. It seems much more casual now than it didn't even ten years old.
Speaker 1: We're on a bus right.
Speaker 6: Well yeah, but we're not your.
Speaker 1: Network, No, but you mean you are barstools a major.
Speaker 6: Yeah, But I'm talking about like the the you know, Fox Fox.
Speaker 1: Sports tradition, traditional media because.
Speaker 4: You see it.
Speaker 6: It seems like it's changed in quite that kind of TV. That kind of TV right there, that suit that you picked out and said, this is the one men's house from not a bad mop on top of the head there. That's good that you miss it.
Speaker 4: You shouldn't hey, you shouldn't. You ever, you're a good looking.
Speaker 1: Do I. By the way, thank you.
Speaker 4: That's a win.
Speaker 1: It's a win.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: I'm glad I flew to Nashville there. It is better about myself and the shape.
Speaker 6: Of my affirmation. Brother, that's what we're here for.
Speaker 1: Thank you guys together. Uh, yeah, of course I do. Of course I do. But I'm also more aware of people's hair now are you. Of course, yeah, I'm more aware of it. But I yeah, I look at stuff like that. It's so weird, you know, like certainly when I'm watching with my kids and you're watching a thirty for thirty or or something, and my face will pop up, like the Jordan documentary The Last Dance, you know, they popped me up showing a Rodman, you know, doing a Rodman lead in from when he you know, bolted the Team or whatever, and my kids are just like, that's you. Like yep, that's me and great picture right there, that's I remember we did that once upon a time. That was Nate Burleson's haircut back in the day on NFL Networks. They put that on my hair. But yeah, so yeah, I missed my hair. Thanks for asking, I'll hear it. But what the difference is. The difference is is again, like you know, content can come from anywhere. You know, players now instead of speaking after games, will go and do their own podcast. You know, their own material isn't just what they put on a stat sheet. It's what happens on the floor or a field or a court, and then they take it to their own microphone. You know. So postgame press conferences aren't as crucial for them to do. Obviously, from my perspective, it's crucial for them to do because there's still a viability in having a professional question or ask questions of an athlete after a contest. But so there's that streaming. My show is streaming every single day and that's not so called traditional. But I think at some point people will view that as traditional media. And then you guys, I mean you're perfect examples, are you are? Yeah? I mean, honestly, you are. Is that what you do and how you do it, and you've got an audience, a significant audience, and an audience that is very you know, die hard, and so you may not be traditional because you're sitting on a boss and people will, you know, consume you in a way that's not just taking a remote and popping a television on. Doesn't mean that it's a different It just means it's a different world.
Speaker 6: There's obviously so many more ways I consume entertainment. Now for you, it was Is it more difficult because you have to follow so many more outlets? We used to be pop on ESPN, NFL network.
Speaker 1: No, you know, I hate the word social media. It just sounds so stupid. But you know, but I also can't say X either. So I'll i you know, I'll say Twitter till I die, but that you know, I'll look at that or other you know, news outlets or whatever. I'll see it that way. But you know, it it changed sports Center. I mean that that happened, you know when I started Sports Center in ninety six, or when I started with Sports Center in ninety six. You know, sports Center had already been you know, like fifteen years old at that point, in time or seventeen actually. But when I first went on the air with that flock of seagulls haircut, you know, I people were tuning into Sports Center because they hadn't seen it the game, or that they'd seen it once. We assumed you hadn't seen a highlight of it yet, so you're tuning into a highlight show to see what happened, or see it again for the first time.
Speaker 4: Especially with baseball too, Like you get the top ten baseball at night time, you're like caught up on all the games that kind of happened that.
Speaker 1: Yit sure, So that's the way it started. And then towards the end of it, you know again, I know, I keep aging myself on the show, but with the advent of phones and the popularity of the Internet, I kid you not. It's the truth that that Sports Center went from the show I just described to assuming anybody was watching it hit already not only seen the game knowing the result, but had already seen highlights of it multiple times in the palm of your hand or on your your home computer. And so the show then changed for an anchor from being you know, somebody who's turning a phrase dropping a line here and there, having fun and giving out the information to being a host of two analysts arguing why something happened. And I freaking hated that, hated it. I didn't like it at all. So it less highlights. Instead of doing a highlight that was two minutes long, it's now forty seconds long. Let's bring an analyst on. Like when Sean Salisbury and John Clayton like like had like a school yard fights and I was the anchor sitting in the middle of it, saying, okay, guys, move on, you know. And I hated that, hated it. I was. I complained about it, and I don't know if that's the reason why I was handed a cardboard box, but I was. And and so yeah, the show changed. I didn't want to do it as much anymore as they wanted me to do it. So there was a party of the ways about nine days before my wedding, and so my head was completely spinning. An NFL network, you know, was was the obvious choice.
Speaker 4: For me to how soon after the ESPN.
Speaker 1: Right away, So even right before the wedding, right away, Yeah, absolutely NFL, no no doubt.
Speaker 6: And there was no spinning for like twelve hours.
Speaker 1: Well, no, because I had another option to like, nice.
Speaker 6: Hey, here's you got fired. No, I want this job. He's like, oh my god, my life is horrible.
Speaker 1: All right, I'll take no. No in all. Honestly, I thought I'd be at ESPN forever. It was my you know, it was my identity. Twenty six year old kid sports center at ESPN program it's a hundred million households, you know, and you know. And then I the other option I had at the time was Turner Sports was remaking their Braves broadcast. They wanted me to be the play by play guy for the Braves broadcast. And I just got married. Didn't want to start my marriage off by saying I'm going on the road for seventy games. Probably wouldn't have been a really productive job for me.
Speaker 6: Honeymoon, hut and so.
Speaker 1: And then the other option was moved out to Los Angeles and playing a flag for NFL network for an executive named Steve Bornstein who was the president of ESPN when I first started there, and he hand picked me to start a NFL network and I'm like, that's that's it. So I went and I did that. So, but it was an identity crisis where I'm like, what the hell am I going to do?
Speaker 4: And was it was? Was the firing sudden? Yeah, Like we had kind of felt like that.
Speaker 1: We had like seventy two hours left in a in a negotiating window, and then I got a fax, my agent got a fact saying we were done. And then ten minutes later phone call from USA Today asking for comment on why I wasn't renewed, And I'm like, well, who the hell said that to them? Because only my future wife and my agent at the time knew that this had happened, Like, holy shit, I do that. But listen, I honestly I have nothing but the fondest of memories from them and friends galore, like you know, still I'm tight with a lot of people from back then, Dan Patrick, Keith oldbmrin Ko and I will text frequently. You know, Chris Fowler was at my wedding, you know, I just you know, I just saw him the other you know, a couple of months ago. I love the guys and Linda Cone a bunch of people I'm still friendly with. Long story short, though, that's the difference, you know what I mean, Like how the business has changed. That was from ninety six to three. Now this is twenty one years later. And that's the thing I love about the show that I do is that every day, if you want to watch it live, you can, you know, on the ROCUD channel, and then you want to listen to it live, you can on terrestrial radio with Westwood One, or you want to serious XM or tune in if you want to stream it odysty. If you want to stream it live, you can. If you want to watch it on demand, there's you know, the ROCUD channel has that. It also repeats on the channel two ten that I'm on, and there's also YouTube clips, and then there's also the podcast version of it all three hours, so you can listen to it on demand. You can also we chop it up Twitter and Instagram and TikTok and all that. So there's different ways of distributing stuff now even better. Quite honestly, it just used to be just one one viewing somewhere. Now it's you can put it everywhere. Right because people don't have either the time or inclination to take in something live, they have a right to listen to it or watch it whenever they want, so that if you can, if you can cover all those bases like that's the win and that how much better is that than than the past? So that's how it's changed.
Speaker 6: And tho, it has been twenty one years since you were at ESPM. But what did you miss the most from me ESPAN is going from doing all sports to just NFL. Yeah, you talk about how much you love baseball. You knew every single team, every single player. Do you miss that stuff or was that just well?
Speaker 1: I I get to still do it on a daily basis on on my My Daily show. But you know, if I missed anything about it, it was just the platform. I mean, those four letters are pretty popular.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, you feel like that's the that's the pros I'll never forget.
Speaker 1: So so I started with NFL Network. We went on the air week eleven or week ten of the two thousand and three season. I don't know why we decided to start in the middle of the season. I just we weren't ready. Ducks didn't get in a row whatever at any rate. So we did. We were eleven weeks old during our first Super Bowl. And so my wife, like I told you, she's in the bisiness as well. So she was working with NBA TV and Turner. She did some sideline for TNT NBA on TNT, and so the NBA All Star Game was in La of February of four. Again, NFL Network launched in November of two thousand and three, and about shit, about fifteen million homes in NFL and ESPN was in like one hundred and ten million homes at the time, and so I basically willingly or not willingly, but again I got handed a cardboard box, but one hundred million, almost one hundred million eyeballs lopped off of what I was doing just like that. And so I went as Susie's plus one to a couple of these NBA parties for the All Star Game and some guy comes up to me, goes, rich Eyes and I watch you every day. And I'm like, oh wow, this is cool. So I can crowdsource how he's watching NFL network because I didn't know if who was watching it, right, okay, So I said, oh, wow, you get an NFL network. He goes, what's that and I'm like, that's what I'm on. He goes, You're not on an ESPN anymore, and I'm like, I haven't been on since last May. That was my last Sports Center May of three. I mean, I've been on ESPN in like eight months, nine months? He goes, really, and I'm like yeah, and he pauses, he goes, are you all right? So what he said to me? And I'm like, were you I'm like, wow, I said to him. Well, at that point in time, I was now offended. I'm like, you know, like I'm standing in front of you, like talking, like you have a mirror. I'll fog it up for you. Yeah, I mean he got aggressive on the guy he gave up to me, said he was a fan, you know. But I'm like, you know, I'm kind of you know, I got my hackles up.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, but that was the general sense of why would you I even get those questions today, Why did you leave ESPN? Why would you do that?
Speaker 6: Twenty something years later?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I'll still walking through an airport. Have people hummed the Sports Center theme it is, I'm going through security?
Speaker 4: You know, that's pretty cool. Leave it to Mark. But just that's honestly, that honestly makes sense because with social media not as big as it is now, like you're able to know any move that happens, like when Skip Lee's f S one or Fox. You're you know about it, you know why, you know the rumors, tweeting and posting. But when NFL Network was coming on, what years was that again?
Speaker 1: Oh? Three?
Speaker 4: Right? So like we right, we're in high school going into college. You almost just see you are now on NFL Network and you're almost thinking like it's hard to disassociate the two, like, Okay, the NFL Network might just be ESPN. It's like maybe they just have them on this show to where you really didn't know that there's like, oh, there's NFL Live going on, and then there's like what was it on? What are the two different shows? It was NFL Live and the other comparable one on NFL Total Access NFL Total Access to where then you started to realize like, okay, there's two different networks.
Speaker 1: I wonder when you're in.
Speaker 6: High school too, you're not realizing these other businesses are doing one. You think it maybe all work together, right, Exactly.
Speaker 1: There was no NFL Live when NFL Network started. And I you know again, I will traillizer, It's not just me, it's literally everybody that that started NFL Network and has worked on it. To be very honest with you, like we when we first started. You know, I remember they you know, I got on. I went on Kimmel's show to help promote it, and he even said to me, he goes, what are you going to talk about? He he said to me that you'll be back on ESPN by the spring. And it was a big laugh line in the in the in the in the room. It's funny. It was funny, but it did kind of like, you know, hit me in the gut a little bit here, take a Dutch. But that's what a lot of people were saying, what are you going to talk about when there's no games on? I remember again one of the final sports centers I did in in April of three. We were in an ideas meeting before like what are we going to do? We have some time to fill and somebody brought up, let's do a breakdown of you know some of the top team you know, uh secondaries in the NFL. Like, let's break it down. What the best second is it? They were laughed out of the room. They're like, what are you talking about? It's opening Day, it's it's masters, it's March madness, top football. Literally that was set in the room. Now there's fifteen other shows like that on ESPN and everywhere else. And I think that is large part to NFL Network showing you can talk about it every day. You know, we can talk about every day. There's a market for it, there's an insatiable appetite for it. You know. We mercilessly made fun of to have a show based on the schedule being released, because again, you know, you know, when a season's over, the next season, who plays who and who plays who where? You know it it's all handled based on what year it is for your team to play another division, and then where your team finished in your division order, then you certainly play other teams and other divisions to finish in the same place, you know exactly. Just the only thing you don't know is the order of where you play them and on what channel and at what time. It's the only difference. And so basically we made a show is celebrating the the you know, announcement of paperwork, you know what I mean, here's your schedule, and we made a big deal out of it, and we had merciless fund made of us. Now everybody's fascinated about it. Yeah, oh my god, now you're playing three out of four on the road in December. Like that's NFL Network the Combine, perfect example. You know. Now, some some coaches don't even go to the Combine because they watch it on NFL Network. They get a better view of shit than they do up in the stands through their little binoculars. You know. So I will absolutely on behalf of everybody take credit for the NFL being everywhere right now.
Speaker 6: The NFL has done a great job of making it a year round event. Everything that you hit the schedule, draft the Combine right like in July, because are still.
Speaker 1: Talking about that exactly now. People can't wait for training camps still.
Speaker 6: Right, there's always rumors whoever.
Speaker 1: You know, the first day of training camp. I bet in three when we first launched, there might have been like five reporters in these places, you know what I mean. Like now it's who's not signed, who's gonna get signed? Like what's gonna happen? And fans are just like, who am I going to draft in my fantasy teams? It's unbelievable, you know, so absolutely it's it's totally changed, you know. And in terms of just one last thing on the ESPN thing like the biggest exposure distribution I've ever had in my career were those two AM Sports centers and then one AM Eastern Sports centers that I did with Stewart, mostly where we would do it live and then we would wait till whatever games on the West Coast were done if they were still going on, close the show up edit it together like folks would edit it together, but it would be edited together after we were done with it, and if there was any mistakes live, we'd have to stay afterwards and fix them. That's a lonely moment, like three twenty in the morning when you have fucked up and everybody's got to stay late because of your screw up. You know what I mean. That's not fun. But we would do it and then I would go home four am, four point thirty, try and just calm down because you're hyped up from doing it, go to sleep, and then at five am that sh I would re air all the way through to one in the afternoon, and I would be dead asleep for seven of those hours. While I'm asleep, everybody's watching it. Biggest exposure of my career television wise, was when I was sleeping for those and to this day, I will still get people come up to me and it freaks me out, you know, because they're there with their children to say, I watched you before going on to school bus, you know, before I went off to fifth grade. You know, I would watch you and Stewart do this thing. Nowadays, there would never be a show that's seven hours old that's shown on TV, you know what I mean, like uses breaking Now there's get up and first takes and all of this shit. You know, I shouldn't say shit, but all of this stuff that's on the air, all this shit, you know, by the way, I don't want it to sound like I'm disrespectful. All this stuff that's on the My show is part of the shit.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: We're talking about stuff that's on the air happening right now, you know, and TV shows that are simul radio shows that are simulcast on the TV. I mean, Dan Patrick is the pioneer of that. My show was put on after his on Direct TV. That's the way my show exists is that, you know, is that Dan showed it can be done, and so they hired me to go after Dan and so any rate, long story short is that's the difference as well as I still get people. It blows me away. They're like grown ass men who are like forty thirty eight thirty seven women who were at that age as well, thirty five who are twenty years younger than me.
Speaker 4: I'll be thirty five in September on September.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, great, so yeah, I will get that. And I love it. You know, it's obviously a blessing to be, you know, here in twenty twenty four and have literal generations who are older saying that they remember, you know when I when I did stuff. So Stewart, Yeah.
Speaker 6: And this might sound angry, but I'm really trying to make sure I know that he had the glass eye right he passed away recently.
Speaker 1: You didn't have a glass eye.
Speaker 4: He had a fake eye.
Speaker 1: No, you didn't have a fake eye. He had an eye that was, you know, like a lazy eye. He had a bad eye.
Speaker 6: Oh I thought he was. That boy was just missing one.
Speaker 1: No, no, he just he he and then his good eye got injured. I believe even worse because he he tried out for the Jets one spring as sort of a piece to go. They would following cameras and to try and see how difficult it is to make a team and whatever. But Stuart literally thought he was going to make the Jets.
Speaker 4: Well could he run?
Speaker 1: I don't. He's an excellent athlete, I mean, an excellent athlete, but I mean, but but but to catch passes.
Speaker 6: In the NFL across the middle and come on?
Speaker 1: But he like, and he would say to me, you know, you asked Alan Iverson he spoken into existence and like, and he meant it. He meant it like I said, my hand on the stack of bibles. He swore he was going to make it. But I was genuinely concerned because, you know, with with his his eye and his eyesight, whenever we got highlights you know, and the paper were candied to us during a commercial break of these shows, we had to turn the lights up. They would turn the lights down because they're hot, and they would during the commercial break give us a break of the lights hitting us. But he he didn't want that because he needed the light to see better. So that guy trying out and having football stone at him, I was I told him, I'm like, really, and he would just he didn't want to hear any nonsense about Yes, that's the way right to use that word you know, like and then one time a ball came out of the jugs machine and hit him in his good eye. No, no, but it hurt him.
Speaker 6: It really hurts. His was more injured than his lazy eye. That was I don't know, the science man lazy eye.
Speaker 1: But but long stories or though is you know, I mean, that guy was the greatest. I mean, and it was, it was. It was awesome doing shows with.
Speaker 6: Having a guy like two am, three am, doing a show with him for that long and you know, yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean it's not just that too. I mean he was true to himself man, which is the greatest you could you could be in this world. It's just like anybody that's telling you you can't or you shouldn't or he was just absolutely pure. The guy that you saw on TV was the guy that you saw off the air, and he was he was just he was awesome. There was just being around him and his personality and his essence. And again at the time I met my wife in the newsroom of ESPN, and you know, it took it took a while till she understood what my depth of feeling for her was. And it was matched to put it that way, you know, I was a little bit older, and so she was trying to figure out life, or at least that's the way I'm going to say it, even all these years later. But she just wanted to be just friends, to use the phrase, for a while, and Stuart zoned. Dude, I got friend zoned, and so Stuart. Though, Stuart, though, would play both of us towards the middle, like whenever I got discouraged hanging there, whenever she was just like, you know, just friends. He's just come on, what are you like, what's the big deal?
Speaker 4: He's doing too much?
Speaker 1: Exactly? I was definitely, there's no doubt I was that guy. I think I probably told her I loved her so so. But but Stuart would always play us towards the middle. And so on. On our wedding day, there's a photograph of Stuart, you know, with looking at the wedding ring and holding my hand and with a big smile on his face, and part of the look on his face wasn't just like you know, hey man, you know you find got what you wanted, but it was a look of we did it, yeah, you know, like we did the ultimate man, Yeah, we we did this, you know, And so yeah, man, like that's Stuart, Like that's real deal where he's and I'm sure you could talk to a bunch of people he would always tell you about, you know, and it kind of would get some awkward with some people, like where he would say when you gonna have kids, you gotta have kids, you know, like, well wait a minute. You know, he would talk about that all the time. You know, so when his two daughters speak about him, it's it's it's it's the truth.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 4: He's a good in working in that industry with him. What are a couple of things you feel like you learned, like working beside him, especially being young.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean it was it was interesting, you know, like he he he didn't like it when uh so, when Keith Overman left, there was a seat next to Dan on what was called The Big Show at the time, and I wanted it, you know, I wanted it eleven o'clock Eastern, so you do it once and you go home at midnight, not stay up till four in the morning. Whatever. And he knew it, and I wanted it, and he was like like why, Like we're the Big Show. What we're doing? You know, we're more current where the where the people like it's They had nothing against Dan's just like, why are you going to try and fill someone else's seat when we're creating our own greatness? And I kind of sat there and I thought to myself, Okay, I understand, and maybe just maybe that had you know, again, the circumstances were forced upon me. But to start off something with NFL Network and start something that's my own, you know, hearing that in the back of my head, Stuart saying we're doing something of our own like that has value too. But it was also difficult to do a show with him from time to time because I had a line, like a man, I was going to nail this line. I had a great line or prep for the highlights, you know, and prep to do it, and he would jump in. He would start talking over my highlight steal line. No, I wouldn't steal my line. He would just burst in because that was his personality. It's not like it's not like, you know, it was about him, but that was his you know, style is to to jump into my stuff. And it took a while for me to you know, have to not get pissed off about it.
Speaker 4: Did he ever know that.
Speaker 1: I would say it from time to time like you know, like, what what's up with that? You know? And he would just smile, what do you mean? You know because again like you don't want to you don't want to stunt any chemistry, you know what I mean? And also, how do you say that without basically saying, hey man, that's my highlight, it's my time, you know when when his response would probably be, you know, like you can do that with me too, you know. So yeah, but just one last story about Stuart, just to show you about some of the stuff that he was, you know, dealing with at the time and negotiating so expertly, is his pomp culture phrases would be for a lot of the African American viewing public, and that would make a lot of people who were watching the show or you know, white say, he's not doing the show for me. Yeah, he's doing it for someone else. And that's suddenly now the show that I thought was for me is not for me anymore. And he would be the avatar for that sort of thing and eating he I mean, of course he cared, but it didn't change a thing for him. And a perfect example of how he would it would make him bristle a little bit because it was unfair to be honest, straight up honest, because you know, he was doing it in the manner not just he's doing it for himself, you know, like that's him, that's his fingerprint, that's his essence, that's his DNA on the screen. Okay, and so and so the fact that it would it would be a criticism for him was was difficult for him to swallow. But it never made him waiver. So I remember again this is the you know, late nineties, So I would do a Seinfeld line. You know, a line from Seinfeld, which is a show Jerry Seinfeld hosted, right so or hosted, he starred, and he wrote.
Speaker 6: Car Kevin Hart similar white guys. Yeah, different jokes, different jokes.
Speaker 1: Seinfeld was a very popular show number one on TV. So I would use a lend f Seinfeld. It was after it was four before Friends, Friends, Musty TV Thursday Night and NBC. Anyway, So don't pop sign b movie Seinfeld.
Speaker 6: That actually did really well.
Speaker 4: I did really well.
Speaker 6: That movie did well. That that Seinfeld.
Speaker 4: Okay, what the hell?
Speaker 6: Mouth open all the time.
Speaker 1: Honestly, that that's almost as bad like I'm talking about the Niro movie and you're gonna put up like War with Grandpa or something. Come on, man, there you go. There's Seinfeld right there.
Speaker 6: He's in the middle.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. No, he's the one the right, this one right here. That's that's no, it's not. That's George.
Speaker 6: You know George is on the right.
Speaker 1: No, that's Jerry.
Speaker 6: No, No, I just I want Will. I want to culture Will up. I want him to know appreciate that. Yeah, big show and de Niro. Are we talking to meet the parents? Yes, yes, we're talking to meet the parents and meet the fuckers.
Speaker 1: Yes, we're going to put a did though let me breakthrough role?
Speaker 6: He went on the screen, did those two and then he came off the screen and I think he I hung them up after that.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, man.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 6: We're teaching woldle something here.
Speaker 1: At any rate, it's rich too. At any rate, Stuart, I made a line from Seinfeld. We rolled a break commercial break, Mike's are off and he turns to me goes, what was that? And I'm like, that was a line from Seinfeld from a couple of weeks ago. And he looks at me. He goes, Seinfeld. Huh, and I'm like, yeah, he goes, brothers don't watch Seinfeld. That's what he said, and it kind of like hit me. I'm like, okay, so I'm giving a pop culture line that I feel is, you know, relatable from the audience that they'll get it. And he's basically saying there's a lot of people out there are not going to get it. And so when I say something a lot of people don't get, I'm the asshole. Like essentially was the subtext of what he said in just that little moment.
Speaker 4: Did you start watching Martin after that?
Speaker 1: Good one? Good one? Man, that's a good one. And by the way, right, no, no, no, you pulled something from that era of pop culture as well that was impressive.
Speaker 4: Will layers of your own joke.
Speaker 1: So let's go, let's go here, let's go here. Uh, I have have you seen good Fellas?
Speaker 4: No? Oh, hang on, bring that up.
Speaker 1: I think I can bring that up.
Speaker 4: I think I have you would know when you've seen good Fellas? Yes, yes, yes, I've watched that The Sun that grows up? Right, he beats him out, beat him up outside of the grocery store.
Speaker 1: What the hell is happening here? Is it a twenty second time on? How long are these timeouts? Last?
Speaker 6: Jack's time and time in?
Speaker 4: So I have seen that.
Speaker 6: That was the the one of the writers, Robert Denir.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, oh I thought that was Is it worth? Do you want me to keep going? Or or? Or? Have you? Have you seen Raging Bull?
Speaker 4: Bring that up? I've seen Good Fellas, I've seen you seen Good Times, Fault, Raging Bull?
Speaker 1: Everybody have you seen this? He plays Jake Lamatta. It's a classic.
Speaker 4: Have not?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 1: You definitely haven't seen Taxi Driver or anything like Dear Hunter. You've not seen anything?
Speaker 6: Were still talking about jeld Is that what we're Taxi driver?
Speaker 4: That's what.
Speaker 6: The autistic driver? Right?
Speaker 4: Drivers?
Speaker 1: Drivers over there? Dude from the.
Speaker 4: Gosling Ryan Got Bryan.
Speaker 1: He wasn't even born when this movie came out. You sure, I'm very sure? All right? What other potential questions?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 6: I want to know about the combine because we've done the Combine in the last two years.
Speaker 1: Great at it, dude, Thank you, You're welcome.
Speaker 6: It's really fun with you. Yeah, how boring does it get towards the end?
Speaker 1: Though not boring at all. It's got no no, no, no, because because listen, no no, no, no no.
Speaker 6: My first question is your job?
Speaker 1: No no, no no, because he because you turn it into sports talk radio, you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: Like you, it's so quiet, it's like golf. It's like gold to me a little bit where it's like it's a.
Speaker 1: Little more how we doing, although although they're now they're now letting fans in, Like when Xavier Worthy broke the record this year, it was electric.
Speaker 6: And you look at it amazing, just going back being like, man, I wish they did in fourteen, and because in fourteen you would run your forty and then you go over to the boys with their phones like, hey, you ran X, Y and Z.
Speaker 1: You're like, oh hell yeah.
Speaker 6: But now they're showing what.
Speaker 1: You got right away.
Speaker 6: Fans are cheering, and I think it's awesome.
Speaker 1: I don't think Worthy would have ran it a second time if he'd already known what his first time was on the spot, you think, I mean, I don't know if somebody might have told him. I shouldn't say that, you know, But I don't know if you'd have run it a second time. I don't know. I just think the way that is that now that the guys see the time and there are fans reacting to it. Oh you keep showing me, huh, Anthony Richardson rock Yeah, forty dash not fast.
Speaker 6: I don't think you're running well that's good form, no, but I don't think that's a maximum effort.
Speaker 4: When do you think it really starts to go downhill?
Speaker 1: When I run my forty Yeah, as soon as it starts.
Speaker 4: But I'm saying, when do you think like it goes down No?
Speaker 1: No, no, it goes downhill as soon as it starts. But I know I've got a bat like as soon as I pop up, I know I'm I've I've started poorly. I know that you you save time. You you save time at the start, and you save time you know midway through that's where you.
Speaker 4: But I'm saying, at what point does a tire blowout and you're on immediately in real life? Like, you're probably gonna hurt yourself.
Speaker 1: I have hurt myself one year. I blew up a hamstring doing it, And I'm like, I can't show that, and mayok goes. You have to show it because it shows you that more than ever, that you're relatable, You're human is literally what he said. And I'm like, oh wow, that's pretty cool, all right, so let's do it. And as soon as we showed it, Mayok made merciless fun of me and called it a sniper in the dome. There must be a sniper in the dome. And I turned home. I like, you're the one who said to show it because it makes it relatable, and you've been lying in the weeds to make fun of me, Like, what the hell is that? But the sniper it's a funny It's a funny line. Listen, man, If I can't take a joke, this never would have happened. So because this is not good for me, how.
Speaker 6: Did this come about? The Run Rich Run?
Speaker 1: So it started, like many things in our business, of being totally bored waiting for something to happen. So we were doing Total Access in two thousand and five in the old RCA Dome. Terrell Davis was thinking about doing television at the time, so he was with us sort of the same way. You know, towards the end of your career you started, you know, popping on NFL network and cutting your teeth doing broadcast twenty fourteen.
Speaker 6: I did it with you as well.
Speaker 1: Just remember before before the end of your career, listen man. Bottom line is in the prime of your career, in your prime, in the prime. So TD came on, and I remember sitting there and we were barely trying to stay away because we were two hours until Total Access were going live. And I'm suited and booted, and I just, I don't know why, just out of a sheer boredom, I don't know why, the thought popped in my head. I looked down at the field. I'm like, maybe I should run the forty yard desh is to stay awake or whatever. And I'm like, how fast you think I can run the forty And he said you like that? I'm like yeah. He goes when I'm like now, he goes like that because I'm dressed in suit and tie and you dress shoes. I'm like yeah, and he goes, you can't. And I said fuck you, sort of the same way that I said that to you earlier. I literally cursed at him, did you this is good? I'm on a show like this one Normally I'll just say I cursed at him.
Speaker 4: And moved on.
Speaker 6: He said, whatever you want on the show.
Speaker 1: I'm actually able to say exactly what I said to one of the sweetest men and greatest men of all time and greatest players of all time. So he laughed and I went down, and I had no idea there's the first forty. I had no idea you could see there's no one on the field. I had no idea they were recording this in the truck and I had no idea someone was shooting it. None. You had no clue, no clue. You didn't peek go like this. This camera was right, you know, and that's kind of.
Speaker 4: There.
Speaker 1: You saw that right?
Speaker 12: Maybe I did.
Speaker 1: And so later on that night they showed it on total axis, surprised me at the end and timed it out at six point seven seven seconds. And what you're showing now on the screen was Matt Millan showing up the next day and asking to see it. He showed up the next day, and a homegrin showed up. The next day. There's Trol Davis and they're like, did I see you run a forty last night? And I'm like yeah, So then they would show it and they were laughing. I thought nothing of it. Show up the next year of the RCAA Dome, and the first guy I see on the field as a Homegroun fresh off of the NFC championship season the Seahawks, and he says, you're gonna run it again, and I'm like no, and he goes, you got to beat your time, and I'm like sitting here thinking to myself, huh, you know he's not wrong, And so here it is. I guess the next year of me running it, and I broke it better, and it's not great.
Speaker 6: Let I guess a little bit tho couple.
Speaker 1: Of years, I know, And so I kept doing it again and again and again, and it started to get tired. You know, the bit was tired. And then they created the simulcam technology on NFL network where you can overlay one forty yard dash on another, and it came up with the idea of overlaying my forty yard dash over real forty yard dashes and it slapstick funny man like where you would watch me get head starts and the fastest people run through me or you know, we're we're off at the same time and RG three would be off the screen by the time I'm at the five yard line. If you can call up Mount Cody, Terrence Cody, that one. That's that's the one or bj Rodgi that's the one that that kind of made it go viral because you would watch me run a forty yard dash and you'd watch, you know, me get a head start and then watch like Terrence Cody run through me like the biggest guy, but he would catch up to me and he'd run through me. And it so that added like new life onto everything. And so when that happened, it would become like people YouTube famous, you know. And so ten years ago, the uh, some folks in the NFL network offices said, you want to add a charitable component to it. I mean, like, look at that like running through me. It's just loud, and I couldn't catch up to him. And then Dion would make fun of me. One time Dion ran as Leon sand Castle and backwards. He ran backwards and the first twenty yards he was stride for stride with me running backwards with an afro on his head.
Speaker 15: You know, soon the greatest athlete of all time.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't know him and Bo Jackson are are are like stride for stride, But it's the real thing man any rate, So ten years ago they asked to add a charitable component to it, and they said, I said, of course, And they gave me a list of NFL related charities to be a good idea to you know, coordinate with the NFL and any way we could. And so my three kids five, three and one at the time, two boys and a little girl, and so Saint Jude Children's Research Hospital jumped off the page at me, and I'm like, that's the one, Like, let's do that. If he goes there, but for the grace of God, go Susie, and I'd go anywhere else, anybody else to get that awful phone call, Like I don't even want to imagine it. Now, everybody who goes to Saint Jude never sees a bill for anything. And so Saint Jude was all on board. And so some kids from Saint Jude would show up at the combine and you know, root me on a run. And then in twenty twenty, in twenty twenty, when the pandemic, well, twenty twenty one, when the pandemic canceled the combine, because in twenty twenty we had it just before the world shut down. We did it in Sofi and got some NFL legends to run with us as well, and some very generous folks of philanthropists to run with them as well. Mark Glori, who's one of the co owners of the Timberwolves or involved with the Timberwolves ownership right now. He got a bunch of people together. We raised a ton of money, and that kind of gave me an idea to just not do it at the Combine anymore. Do it in Los Angeles, where you can have a stadium at your own disposal. You don't have to wait for everyone to run, plus run in the forty yard dash. When I would run and I'd be sitting on my ass in the booth for eight hours, eating like sandwiches and whatever. Not the best way, not the best way, and then I'd warm up for five minutes and run it. Not smart. So we've done it the Rose Bowl last three years, and I've done that for ten years. We did our twentieth. I did my twentieth run this year, and it's getting bigger every year annual. It's pretty cool at the Rose bu it's the highlight of the Combine. You know what, and now and now we run And Hardball showed up this year. You could see him there with Wit Big Wit and Todd Gurley.
Speaker 6: Big Wit is maybe the best human being with football. He's the best I ever he showed.
Speaker 1: I mean him and Todd Gurley on their own spare time and the thing with Harball. This is a good story. So yeah, get into it, man. So so this being the the twentieth year of it and the tenth year for the charity rays Susie again, my wife got in touch with the Free World to ask them to do videos and support of the run people from our world and our role of decks and our friends and whatever. And she would say, you know, how about this person, about that person? I'd be She said how about Belichick? And I'm like, really, I don't know if you'll do it. She's like, give me his number, and then like an hour later, she's just like, guess who I had the most lovely conversation with him? Like who Bill Belichick? I'm like, get out of here, you know. Like that sort of shit would happen over and over and over again. So one day I get a call from Susie. She's like, guess who I just had the most Like it started the same way every time, you know, with a little bit of an inflection of like you wouldn't you couldn't do this, so I can do this, you know. Yeah, it's okay, It's all good. That's why they call him the better half. So so she's like, guess who I had the most incredible conversation with him? Like who? She goes Jim Harbaugh and I'm like really, And she goes and guess who might actually show up to the run? I'm like really, And Jim heard about it, and he goes, I think we're going to be in town. So Susie and his wife got together and we're talking about like getting them there, and so the day of the event, I'm like, is Jim going to show up? She goes, I don't know, Like I think he might, but he's like TBD. So sure enough, Like twenty minutes before we're about to go out on the field to do the run, I get a call from Susie saying, because she's bringing our kids, she's almo there. She goes, Jim's there, send someone upstairs to go get him. And I'm like really and she goes yeah. I'm like, so Jim shows up with his wife, his kids, brother in law like coming in hot with the cleats with the He came in and and he he had on you could see his charger hat and his Michigan Rose Bowl shirt is gear because you know, as we all know, a few months before he retired, Nick Staban on that field, you know, so to make the national championship, which Michigan eventually won, in case we need to run down information for those who may have missed it. So he so he So I go up to him and I'm like, hey man, hey man, you know, thanks for coming, but we've got a whole camera crew here. Do you mind if we incorporate you into the run? You know where I'd like before I run, you come up and you give me the same treatment you give to JJ McCarthy, like slap me on my shoulders and you know, give me some punches. And he goes absolutely totally. So sure enough we go out for the run, and before I do my run, all of the kids because again we brought my kids, their friends. We had play sixty kids, Saint Jude kids. We told anybody who's on the crew, bring your kids Rose bowls.
Speaker 6: So cool.
Speaker 1: They're like, just go and run. So my guy from my show, Chris Brockman, brought his little three year old son and was just like run just as many kids. That's that's him right there. Cage Brockman and stone Street would d doing videos. And that's some of the people that Susie got all everyone on the screen there. Anyway, long story short is, the kids are about to run, and the camera crews ready, and all of a sudden I hear from the forty yard dash start line all the kids would lined up. Jim Harbaugh on a bullhorn. He took the bullhorn from the director and started announcing every kid by name, ladies and gentlemen. Nine year old Kathy, you know, and she would run ladies, eleven year old George. Right, my buddy. Chris Brockman's son kept running it again and again. He's three years old. His name's Cage Brockman. So like the fourth time you heard Jim go, he needs no introduction, it's age, you know, like that, And for half an hour you're and his and his brother in law said to me, this is Jim, that's him, like this, this is him all the time. And so I didn't know who was coming. And then he did everything. He gave me the JJ McCarthy treatment, by the way, that hurt, like I didn't should you know, like he was really he really like hit me in the chops a couple of times and awesome, just great, showed up, showed out, wit was amazing. They were all great. And we raised about three quarter of a million bucks this year.
Speaker 4: That's awesome.
Speaker 1: But Jim is the best man. But you already knew that.
Speaker 6: I know that personally.
Speaker 1: Did you know.
Speaker 4: That that Jim is the best? I like Jim Marble a lot.
Speaker 1: You do, Yeah, of course, all right.
Speaker 6: You didn't mention while Rich was telling a fantastic story about helping children at hospitals that Michigan has an asterisk on their national championship though they do, but.
Speaker 4: I still I'm still a massive fan of coach.
Speaker 1: How do they have it?
Speaker 6: Essentially that has an as ninety seven because Michigan also won it ninety seven.
Speaker 4: Did Nebraska chet in ninety seven? Back then?
Speaker 6: Probably?
Speaker 4: Who wasn't I'm just kidding got them?
Speaker 1: No, that was that was the let's give Tom Osborne a gold watch present from uh from the coaches, because I think when the coaches pulled the trophy, the coaches were like, let's give Tom a golding A way out the door.
Speaker 4: You guys get the writers one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we did we did because the writers.
Speaker 4: No, best, No, the coaches do?
Speaker 1: Is that right? I didn't know that? Rather, or they're biased, they're biased. Let's give it. Let's give it to let's Tom Osbourn. Yeah, Tom Osborne? What Lloyd car They probably fought yd Card Carr got more. They're like, look at all the future Hall of famers that were out there on the field wearing maze and blue.
Speaker 4: Nobody's touching the ninety seven Charles Woodson's four Michigan Wolverines would Yeah, domin the ninety seven. Here the pipeline, the old line that year zero holding.
Speaker 1: That Tom That's nice. That's Tom Osborne. That hard.
Speaker 6: They need to bring back those.
Speaker 1: Night by the way, by the way, yeah, he's he's got his his name, you know, on the side.
Speaker 6: On the side.
Speaker 1: Do we want to get into this?
Speaker 6: I mean we can, we can jump in, I think.
Speaker 1: So where's the asterisk? What is it?
Speaker 4: You guys cheated? How so sign stealing?
Speaker 1: How soft treading?
Speaker 4: All the computers and technology, you guys were able to watch every.
Speaker 6: Advances in the game, just like the simulcast camp.
Speaker 1: Just like what so so so you're saying to me, So you're saying to me. Okay, you're saying to me that because Connor Stallion's got people he's never met tickets to shoot video of the other team's sideline, that every single piece of video that they got was not only pristinely but usable and completely translatable in the moment of games to actually affect whether there's a tackle on the play or blow anything up.
Speaker 4: I think there's enough footage out there that shows counter Stallion's getting in the coach's ear to tell everybody what's happening, and nobody falls for anything that's going on except for the player.
Speaker 1: And the one and the one, the one several times, so the one that was most famous, the one that was most famous of everybody, they were all pointing up right. They're pointing up right, and and and their CJ. Stroud, future Rookie of the Year quarterback.
Speaker 4: And that's that is one, Clint.
Speaker 1: That's one of the clip for sure. Did you know there's a Did you know that Ohio State scored on that drive? Yeah? You didn't know that, huh? I think they scored on that drive. Let me tell you something, then, tell the number of times that Michigan supposedly cheated to beat Ohio State worked so well that Ohio State had a lead in two of the three games. Really, because I'll tell you what, if they were cheating, I would have loved I would have loved to have been sitting in a rocking chair and a lot sooner than I did in either of those games. In either of those games, I would have loved to have just blown them out. I would have loved to have done that. How many times? Probably you don't do this on vacation, but you do? You do you ever hand your phone to somebody else on vacation and say would you mind taking a picture?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay? How many times when they take a picture, is it really what you're looking for? Or you're seeing too much a mountain? You don't see your other kid? Okay, you say, hey, you're gonna do this? Is that right?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So everybody, everybody, everybody gave tickets to didn't have like shaky video, and he had and didn't give you like ninety minutes of video that maybe just maybe five minutes was usable five minutes. Then what happened? What happened after Connor Stallions got blown out and the entire operation was found busted and ripped out? What happened after that.
Speaker 4: You guys went on the wind in the natty line and then went to Bama, and you guys still beat Alabama, even when they had one of their coaches who.
Speaker 6: Was who probably probably give them some insight into the playbook got ripped out for sure.
Speaker 4: Maybe, and there's no question that that linebacker coach it got when somebody plays on a team and they get cut in another team with them.
Speaker 1: The Connors Stallions system got ripped out, root and branch, and Jim Harbaugh was informed that he wasn't coaching the team, and Sharon Moore was coaching the team at Penn State until they got off the plane at Penn State, and even then they were trying to get Jim on the field all the way up to about an hour and a half before kickoff. And Michigan went out and beat Penn State in that game by jamming it down their throat thirty straight times because they realized that the guy Chop Robinson, who is now I believe dolphin right now, stud they've realized that he was treating our right tackle like a turnstile. So let's figure out something game, Let's figure out something mid game, and the coach who did that, and the coaching staff who did that didn't know Jim wasn't going to be there until just before game time. So let's not give credit to that. Let's not give credit to beating Ohio State, Ohio State root in branch, and it's on them.
Speaker 6: To a thief.
Speaker 1: You thought we were cheating, then switch up your signal like everybody else does.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's not.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I don't want to hear this asterisk.
Speaker 15: And I know then, and how is it?
Speaker 6: How is it an asterisk? How is it when they did the coach let's say, let's say Michigan was cheating, when they got caught cheating, they still had to play Penn State, Ohio State, Alabama, and Washington not in Maryland. Also, by the way, which I said was gonna be the biggest trap game, by the way, no doubt biggest, no doubt, top ten team, not a top ten team, top ten team.
Speaker 4: That's the hardest game in the middle of the name of that.
Speaker 6: He's got a documentary.
Speaker 1: I'm sure it won't look good. There will be times where it doesn't look good, no questions, totally understand.
Speaker 4: Also, the manifesto was already in place, the manifesto was built for success with no coach there. Bro, you could sit down, Jim Harball, the manifesto is still has right.
Speaker 6: And so if that, if what you're saying is completely true, shame on Penn State, Ohio State, Maryland, Alabama, and Washington for not changing a couple of signals because it's a hey this week he said, this being a pass is not going to be a run. And then they would all point up and they'd all back up, and then it be.
Speaker 1: Had a month to prep.
Speaker 6: A month and Nick Saban with a month? How do you beat Saban with a better football team?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what you did to you guys.
Speaker 4: Knar Stallions was there since what twenty and nineteen or something like that?
Speaker 1: Now the program incorrect? When was he searched up twenty twenty one? The program started sniffing around in twenty twenty two. Gave me a break, man, This guy was selling vacuum cleaners and ship How.
Speaker 4: About that LLC? Who was it? Had that LLC where he's just getting paid on the set one?
Speaker 1: Look right there there was at that point let me just say this. Let me just say this. Okay, Now, now now that the asterisk if you will is placed and whatever.
Speaker 4: You guys had the team when you guys got caught this past year, You guys had the team established, the manifesto had taken its course. What does it mean you guys didn't need You guys didn't need the.
Speaker 6: Rest of the Could you imagine believing that, MUNI, this is a paper make a football team?
Speaker 4: Great? Okay, you guys the most important book.
Speaker 1: Well, you understand what happens in a snap. It's like ship flies everywhere. You have no idea. You may think, oh, it's going to be a run, and all of a sudden they switch it up on you, and it's nice.
Speaker 4: You look to thest and they you know, they do whatever hand signal going on at a ferry dust. And you guys know exactly all was.
Speaker 1: Ohio State up before JJ McCarthy beat them.
Speaker 4: Ain't about Ohio State. I knew something was up when y'all beat us forty something to seven this past forty five to seven. Oh, you keep talking about Ohio State like there are a bunch of other games played.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you a question, Will, in all seriousness you were there right? Or you were there? Okay?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 1: No, I remember how sad you looked so walking out on that field before the game. You were on the field, right, Yeah, you're a man who's been around football, how long? Twenty something years?
Speaker 4: At least a long time.
Speaker 1: Okay, you can tell on the hoof who's better and who's not right just looking at it, just time all the time. You can go out there and look who's bigger, who's stronger, who's faster, and go, we're gonna have a long day today. Right, Yeah, you can do that. You probably did that that day. Deep down you're like, oh, ship, okay, they're bigger. I knew this was faster than us. I knew our quarterback isn't as good as that guy.
Speaker 4: Exactly, first drive. You kind of know. So if it wasn't a powerful football team, got it to say, we couldn't shock the world that day, got it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll have to agree to disagree on that front, sir, and we'll see what happens this year. But at least you got a guy who looks like Mahomes. You got that guy.
Speaker 4: He's going to be a help of He's going to be a help of ball.
Speaker 1: Do you think he shouldn't look like Mahomes?
Speaker 4: Well? I love that he looks like Mahomes.
Speaker 1: You do like that?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, You've been playing on Mahomes down guy for the last three years, and all of a sudden, guy looks like Mahomes.
Speaker 1: I mean, why wear your hair like that? When you and why were and this the chin the chin, the chin beard? Why? Like he's legitmately going forward, Dad.
Speaker 6: Bond All, He's got all of it. He's got all the Mahome stuff going on.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 6: I love that a young kid it's the same person.
Speaker 4: I love that a young kid coming out of high school, number one recruit overall has somebody that he looks up to and would love to emulate his game after. I think we all had people we looked at.
Speaker 1: How about this one?
Speaker 4: The fact that he's getting that attention too, I love it for him.
Speaker 1: How about this one? Mahomes fourth on the top one hundred list as voted by the players on NFL.
Speaker 4: Network shouldn't have been like eight.
Speaker 6: What don't fall for that?
Speaker 4: Probably?
Speaker 1: Come on, seriously, are you joking with me right now? Seriously? How is Mahomes not number one?
Speaker 6: I mean a year I know, and the Chiefs had a down year offensively than they did in recent years. Come on, I'm just saying, when it comes to it, if you look at it, when it comes down to look at the statue between Russell Wilson and Patrick Mahomes, they had similar stats. I think actually Russell out had him a little bit too in the stats. You know what I'm saying. I'm arguing.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me ask you this question. You're starting a team in the national football Ingage. You take Tyreek Kill over Mahomes. No, No, okay, quarterback.
Speaker 4: I don't agree with number one either.
Speaker 1: What are you talking about?
Speaker 6: Who's never one to you?
Speaker 1: Try? Williams McCaffrey was there.
Speaker 4: You got to go Lamar Jackson over Mahomes.
Speaker 6: He did win the MVP.
Speaker 4: I understand this was based on the year.
Speaker 1: When it based on the year the year, the year includes the playoffs and when you're when you're voting on something.
Speaker 6: That happens before the Super Bowl?
Speaker 4: Is that right?
Speaker 1: Yes, it happens November.
Speaker 6: Is that when it happened they start to bring out the sheets.
Speaker 1: Why would they do that? Because whenever, because that's.
Speaker 6: When they're figured out. Yet it's usually towards the end of the regular season they start to write down. Hey, right, here's a list.
Speaker 1: All right, now, that makes sense that I guess I should know how my own network.
Speaker 4: We're gonna be. We're going to pretend that it's not scripted for the Chiefs. Taylor Swift comes on board ATENSI can't Travis Kelsey, Patrick mahomes.
Speaker 1: On a second, Is there a tinfoil hat somewhere in the bus?
Speaker 4: The chief should not have won that Super Bowl last year.
Speaker 1: And they did it for Taylor Swift? Seriously, how does that work? Tell me the tell me the mechanism by which this works. Who's the one who comes up with it? How do they communicate it to the important thing that can actually handle all of it? Who's them?
Speaker 4: How does it work?
Speaker 13: People?
Speaker 6: Taylor Swift came in the games with conspiracy.
Speaker 1: Theories that go on, including the person I don't know if there's a brainworm around here from your previous guest.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: That's how it works these days, is the conspiracy theorists. They don't tell you how it works. They just tell you it's just working.
Speaker 6: They don't tell you, they don't give you, They don't give.
Speaker 1: You the actual mechanism by which it works. So so Taylor Swift shows up to all of Kelsey's games and the NFL like we.
Speaker 4: Got to make the Chiefs from THEE and so so Roger good is it?
Speaker 1: Roger?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 1: Roger?
Speaker 4: We don't talk about I don't even think they think that short term now, they want them to win the dynasty. So it'll be very fascinating to see how this.
Speaker 1: Year own they want them? Whose day? Like who's the day?
Speaker 4: That's what we're trying to everybody's trying to figure out.
Speaker 6: They want the NFL. Yes, Thedell makes forty four million dollars a year.
Speaker 1: Why because of Taylor Swift?
Speaker 6: Because he does some things behind Dude.
Speaker 1: You guys don't really believe that. Do you really believe that the Taylor Swift? What if Travis Kelsey Rich of them break up?
Speaker 15: About this?
Speaker 4: How about this? Here's what I'll give you. I'm never so committed to an idea that I won't select something better. And I think that that one makes you think.
Speaker 1: Makes you think?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 1: What does it make you think?
Speaker 4: Rich? I want to be so.
Speaker 6: Close minded rich to think that this, Oh my god, Rich, I want to bring this up for somebody you are going to.
Speaker 4: And who got very defensive.
Speaker 6: Well, that's you're getting very defensive for company that you've worked for for twenty one years.
Speaker 1: Who's to say you're not I'm part of it.
Speaker 6: I'm absolutely nfl.
Speaker 1: You're sniffing it out that I'm so crucially important that you just like it's like a Jenga, Like you pulled me out, the whole damn thing falls up.
Speaker 6: That's why you correct.
Speaker 1: They'll never like I have leverage in a way that I never thought I did. I'm so glad it came on the bus?
Speaker 6: Is that the biggest villain of our generation right there?
Speaker 4: Is that?
Speaker 6: The biggest villain?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 6: You?
Speaker 1: You found me out? Guys? Holy ship? I wish I'd never get on the bus.
Speaker 6: It breaks my heart to find this.
Speaker 1: Come on, Michigan man, Honestly, how does it work? You're not telling me how it works. You're just saying that it's just working.
Speaker 6: All I'm saying is follow the money, follow the money.
Speaker 1: And I followed my home. You follow Kelsey, I follow Chris Jones, I follow Andy Reid, I follow Isaiah Pacheco. I can keep going on and on and on. There are great players and Darius Tony was do you notice he disappeared in January?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What did you do went to the What did I do? I told them to do it.
Speaker 6: You called yes, but we got to get these boys to dub.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my kids want to see Taylor Swift and letters tickets. Let's go there. It is out of here. It's so insane, that's crazy. I said the Chiefs, aren't you know that the che I think they if they do, it's because Mahomes is pissed. The Raiders are using like Kermit, you know, dolls to piss him off or whatever. Or if I shouldn't say the Raiders did it, a fan brought it and wound up in the hand of a rookie, which is unfortunate.
Speaker 6: For the Raiders got destroyed.
Speaker 1: So I'm sure it did. But you know, yeah, if they do it there, you could make a case they're faster. They're a faster team this year. You know John Ross whose record Xavior Worthy broke xaviors at their teammates. Now you Holly went brown that that. You know they lost Lugarious Sneed, but we'll see how they can make up for that. Yeah, they're they're an outstanding team with with the best player in the NFL. Right now, out do you.
Speaker 6: Think Mahomes uh surpasses Tom Brady as the go eventually.
Speaker 1: It's a great question. He's on he is, he's on a path. He is one on a path. He's ahead of Brady at this age in terms of scared. He's done correct correct, So he's he's on it like and and good thing for Brady that he beat Mahomes in that one point he got plus one. Mahomes got minus when I got reversed, he'd be even closer.
Speaker 6: Right, But if it wasn't for D four jumping off sides, maybe Brady doesn't beat them.
Speaker 1: Get that. Look at you going deep now, actually, but that's information that can actually lead to somebody losing. Not who's dating who well, I mean, if.
Speaker 6: They make a holding call in the Philadelphis game and the Super Bowl two years ago, so.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you a question. But they'll go to the offense, the offensive off side call against the Chiefs that wiped out the go ahead touchdown against the Bills. Did they not get the Taylor Swift memo because she was there? Did they get that didn't get did they did they not get the metal on Christmas? On Christmas Day when the Raiders went into Arrowhead and beat him, they didn't get the memo make it happen because you knew, no, I'm sorry, you knew that it was just it was just a set up to make it look like it's not a te Swift conspiracy. You so then you knew that they would just rip off. They would rip off consecutive wins, six in a row and win it all. And you knew and you knew, you knew that Kyle Shanahan would take the ball to start the Super Bowl as well. Over time you knew that? Or is that part of the conspiracy?
Speaker 6: I think she hands it on it.
Speaker 4: Let's hear you explain the two thousand time Big Twelve Championship, the which one twenty and nine Big Twelve Championship Texas Nebraska, the one second being put back on the clock.
Speaker 1: Dude, I don't even know what you're talking about. Where are we going? How did that come?
Speaker 4: It? Will? You're asking about you?
Speaker 1: I need because I need for that whips.
Speaker 6: Actually we can talk about Nebraska. I have a question for you. Sure you have a ball club that a couple of years ago went three and nine. Last year they went five and seven. They have not made a Bowl game since twenty fifteen. As a fan base of that school. Do you do you believe that if they go six and six and make a bowl games, it's the first time in almost a decade. Yes, they should be proud of that because they're getting a monkey off their back.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, it would be great for them to make a bowl game. Just you're talking about just any.
Speaker 6: Let's just say no, no, no, no, we're just saying they go six and six, the Georgia saying, because they go six and six this year, Yeah, and they make a bowl game for the first time in nine years.
Speaker 1: That's great for them.
Speaker 4: That's great.
Speaker 6: Sure, and the fan they should be happy about that.
Speaker 1: I don't know, because they're now in a very deeper end of the pool. I think I heard Matt Ruhle talk about how it's the best conference right and conference right? Yeah, and by the way, competition, isn't it great to watch now that now that Paul Finbaum doesn't have Harmbon to kick around anymore, he's spreading it out on Ryan Day, his coach. He's just kicking everybody in the bubble.
Speaker 6: Paul Finebaum didn't mention Michigan when he was saying, you're not with the Penn States. The Ohio States and the Georgia's.
Speaker 1: Listen, I totally understand why everybody would think that we're we're we're beatable right now because Gym's gone and so are a whole bunch of NFL players. As we did, you would assume that a.
Speaker 4: National championship team holds the line and holds the standard the same way a team like Alabama does year in and year out.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll see how Alabama does now without Nick.
Speaker 4: Right, right, But I'm saying still be bottom line.
Speaker 1: Is this college football has changed forever, and we're we don't know how it's changed yet because we haven't seen it yet. But perfect example is Michigan Ohio State plays this year. Right, We've got all the house money, we being us Michigan, right, all the house money, three wins in a row against Ohio State and a national championship, all of that business. Right, It's all great. Were the best, of course, and we're going into the horseshoe. They spent twenty million to keep players.
Speaker 6: We'll just say, the most in al money of any other team in college correct.
Speaker 1: And you know, and Ryan Day can go on, you know, wherever he wants to go on and talk about how the players are coming back for the scarlet and the gray and not the green, right, and they're coming back for the maze and blue to try and beat them, not the green. Fine, let's just give him.
Speaker 6: That, marcu Estri.
Speaker 1: Let's let's give him that, all the house money, all the pressure, doesn't matter if he's undefeated right up until that game. It's all the pressure on them to beat a Michigan team that supposedly less than coming into their building. But even with all of that, even with all of that, even if Michigan shocks Ohio State, Ohio State will make the college football playoffs, right because there's now twelve of them. And as a matter of fact, the way it's now done in the Big Ten, we're racing all of the conferences. It's now the top two teams in the conference play each other period in one big, huge mosh pit that Oregon is now going to be throwing their hat in the ring. And they're very very stout, if not the best team potentially in the Big Ten. You can say that long story short though, Michigan could potentially play Ohio State the next week in the Big Ten championship game for the first time because now it's one huge moshpit, and we might even see them play a third time if they match up in a twelve team national championship bracket. It's totally changed, so we don't know how things are going to work out in college football anymore, which means six and six doesn't cut it, because great, you're making a bowl game. But bowl games are now even less important than there's ever been before. And it's tough to say that because everyone loves the most wonderful time of the year and all that business. But six and six ain't cutting it. You need to get to at least the top twelve. But at least for you, there's twelve. Now you gotta shot. Absolutely, you could like maybe a dumb and dumber chance, but you got a shot.
Speaker 6: You know, you're saying there's a chance.
Speaker 1: I'm saying there's a chance. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: The line is seven and a half for Nebraska's win.
Speaker 1: When you say line, what are you talking about?
Speaker 4: The line? Gambling? Gambling? Okay, sports betty, Yeah, seven and a half. You're taking the over the end of Nebraska.
Speaker 6: Pull up a Nebraska schedule this year because an NFL guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right. They need to see the schedule.
Speaker 6: You see a schedule, do you do?
Speaker 1: You have as tough as schedule as Michigan where you got to play Texas at home? And USC? No, you gotta play those guys.
Speaker 6: What are the chances you go to that game?
Speaker 4: You gotta give them that guy?
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 6: You got to man, which going to be there?
Speaker 1: Texas?
Speaker 4: Yeah, September seventh?
Speaker 1: What are you doing getting ready for a week one game?
Speaker 7: Day?
Speaker 1: Morning?
Speaker 7: Sir?
Speaker 4: You do that?
Speaker 1: Oh? U tap color? Oh you got prime? Huh?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: Six and a half point favorites.
Speaker 1: Northern Iowa, or, as Kurt Warner refers to his alma mater, the Northern Iowa Illinois at Purdue, that'll be a tough one for you. Home for Rock good.
Speaker 4: Lord, over under seven and a half?
Speaker 1: Better'll be over seven?
Speaker 4: I agree?
Speaker 1: You better be. Oh you're at USC. You're gonna come out for that game?
Speaker 4: La probably not. Our second child is the New Days November fourteen.
Speaker 1: Got it? So that's a no hard no. At Iowa, that'll be a tough one. Yeah, you should, you should, I'll give you, I'll give you eight. You should? You should. With Mahomes at quarterback and Matt Rule talking a big game. Brother.
Speaker 6: I'm a big fan.
Speaker 4: I like Matt Role a lot.
Speaker 6: I thought it was a little wild he started talking about this is the NFL type stuff.
Speaker 1: But my other point, one last thing about college football and the Michigan Ohio State rivalry is that the loser of that game most likely won't be eliminated anymore because there's twelve teams that make the playoffs, which means the last time that that was essentially an elimination game. Ever, Michigan not only won that, but won the two such games before that as well, the last three of those. Is my point, just one last opportunity to come on this bus and shit on Ohio State. It's really my pleasure to fly all the way out here just to do that.
Speaker 6: A lot of insurance policies too for us, given the unspeakable happens with them spending twenty one million dollars in al money.
Speaker 1: That's why it told us they bought That's why I bought it.
Speaker 6: That everyone's got a plan to the punch in the mouth.
Speaker 1: I'm so happy when I just again, I just did the jacket dinner in Canton, and and they they, they they the fans there many of them, Buckeye fans. They heck they heckle me when I step up to the microphone. And for years it was difficult to retort. I was retortless. I would even go on the air. I would go up to that podium and say, I have no answer. You're right, I can't say anything back to you. The last three years, it's been awesome. It's been oh god. This past year it was great because by the way I go to that jacket dinner in peace, you know, I come in peace, but you know, I step up and I hear ohs, and I'm like, okay, now we got to have something. So I always have something in my back pocket to say. So this one this year is like, I'm glad at least for you, Dwight Freeney is here, so at least someone associated with a horseshoe can tell you what it's like to win a big game. That went over like the proverbial wet fart in church. It was great, you know, and it just gets everything going. And I'm so I could sense like maybe I should pull back a little bit, that that was really aggressive. So I stopped and I started on again. So my favorite ones are just to pop them out when they don't expect. Like a half an hour later, an award was given to a gentleman from Mexico for his lifelong accomplishments as a broadcaster in Spanish speaking television for the NFL. And he finished his speech in Spanish, and so I turned a Hall of Fame official to my right. I'm like, do you mind if I do one more Ohio State dig? And he just looks and he goes go ahead, like ouse, I got the green light. So the guy finishes in Spanish and I step up there and I'm like ground of applause, you know, congratulations to him. And I'm like, listen, you know, my Spanish is a little rusty, but for everybody here in the audience, I'll translate to you what he said and I've written it down here. And I'm like, Michigan has beaten Ohio State the last three Novembers. I'm so proud of myself for that one. Man, Like they didn't see that one coming, Like that one was just that was the room that was Yeah. It's like it's like a left hander who hides the ball as it takes it out of his mit, you're like you don't see it coming, Like you don't you can't see the entire wind up. Yeah, that's my favorite ones. Oh god, it's the greatest.
Speaker 6: It's beautiful to see your passion.
Speaker 1: Right now. I am writing so many checks with my mouth and it doesn't matter anymore. It doesn't. Like I said, those winter like Winterer go home, Ohio State games, the only ones that we'll ever see again are in the college football playoffs. Now that game will be intense. If that day comes, and I think it will, we'll see that.
Speaker 4: Do you think so?
Speaker 1: Why wouldn't we? There's Yeah, tough schedule this year.
Speaker 6: I'm excited. I think we're gonna pull it off. But September seventh, is we really really find.
Speaker 1: No, Texas will be a tough one. Obviously, USC will be a tough one Oregon. Michigan plays Oregon too, If they do, I don't think so, No, you guys do, I don't. I don't.
Speaker 4: Take a look.
Speaker 1: Let's take a people, I don't. I didn't. Yeah, do we play? Do we play Oregon as well?
Speaker 4: This year?
Speaker 1: Probably do because they always give Michigan the toughest schedule or second? Yeah, so good? Can we do this? If we do this favorite. I know, we're we're we're we're pushing two hours or whatever. We really Yeah, it's it's been fun.
Speaker 6: Have you been having fun?
Speaker 1: Do me this favorite one? Last? Another Michigan schedule versus Ohio State schedule. It's just not you can't even compare them, you know. And I say this all the time because Michigan always has to play the toughest schedule because we're the biggest draw.
Speaker 4: I appreciate how much you hate Ohio State.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, gracious, you have no earthly idea. And it was the urban years were tough. They were really tough for us to get through. And now it's it's been great the last three years. So this is Michigan's schedule, right, we have that there it is Fresno State and then home for Texas, home for Arkansas State, home for USC. So we do start the first five at home. That's that's a nice benefit. But two of them are against Texas and USC. Then they're at Washington, come on, Man, and then they're home for Oregon. And of course we always play Michigan State. That's the way it's always going to go. And then we always play Ohio State. Come on, all right, So that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, gives it always not a walk in the park either.
Speaker 1: At Illinois too. Campaign all right, so now let's look at the Ohio state schedule and you tell me this is uh comparable in any way, shape or form. Okay, here's the Ohio state schedule. Home for Akron, home for Western Michigan, home for Marshall That okay, that's the gauntlet right there. To start, they go at Michigan State to home for Iowa. They have to go to Oregon. Now that's their first huge test. Unless you want to include a home date with Nebraska as a test, they've got to go too penny date enough, good enough, they have to go two Penn State, which ain't easy, we know, and then nothing and then there then they finished three out of their last four at home there against The game against Northwestern, by the way, is in Wrigleyfield. Okay, that'll be cool the ivy, right, but any rate, And then there's that game against Michigan, which is the tougher schedule. Please not you guys have a tougher schedule.
Speaker 4: But it's not like it's a walk in the park.
Speaker 1: Nope, No, it's a it's a it's a it's a walk in a pretty small park.
Speaker 4: Come on, it's a pretty average schedule.
Speaker 1: Thank you for at least admitting that that's big. It's big, especially mouth there you have it.
Speaker 6: It's nice to see your pride in Michigan. And I feel like a lot of people in my generation of going to Michigan people lost that because.
Speaker 4: We were not very good.
Speaker 6: But when you're growing up going to Michigan in the sixties and seventies, nice and be able to have a success you did and to carry that for as long as you had is beautiful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those were rough years too to be on campus. Yeah, were they? No, they weren't. What in sixties and seventies, Well, whenever you were actually there, Yeah, I was there in the late eighties. You know what, which is for you? Like practically the sixties and seventies, it would be the same thing.
Speaker 6: You can bundle up sixty seventies, eighties all on a ball. That's all the same.
Speaker 1: To me, My staying power is just uncomparable, though you can't. I'm good. Don't worry about it. I might be even old to you, but I'm good.
Speaker 4: Should we order a few keys to your longevity?
Speaker 1: Oh? My gosh, well, you know what keeps me alive. Yeah, Taylor Swift controversies, Oh god, they're just great. I can't get enough of those.
Speaker 4: No, but there are like you're, i won't say that, one of the few, but also like you've been somebody who's adapted as the world of TV and social media and everything else too. Like when you look back at some of the things that have that have captured the game at this high of a level, I mean is impressive because we can joke about all the older generations, the old head you talk to in your fan base, YadA, YadA, YadA. But I feel like there are certain things you got to have to kind of keep your stay in this food chain the way you have for the last time.
Speaker 1: That's a good question. I just go to work and be myself, you know, every day every day with a great group of folks who has stuck with me on my show through you know, different corporations, birthing it, picking it up, being partners COVID, my god, and the last five years I've I've owned the show, and so you know, not only are we colleagues and friends, but you know, I'm I'm eventually somebody where the buck stops and every day we just figure out what are we going to talk about? And thankfully people dig it, you know. And I honestly, I don't think about how I'm going to be young today, or let's talk to the to the to the kids. I'm just myself and I'm just thankful that it that I still have people are interested in what I have to say.
Speaker 4: As ESPN ever approached you to acquire your show, we.
Speaker 1: Have had conversations about it in the past, but it's just never happened for various reasons. I like I said, I have no quarrel with them.
Speaker 4: I had to feel pretty good, all.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean it part of me feels like, you know, that's my DNA as it started with the ESPN and and they're they're they're part of my career and obviously they're as big as ever, you know. And I love so many people who are there, from steven A and Pat you know. I saw Pat at the combine and I have nothing but love for for everyone there. So they're always going to be in my thoughts all the time. But it's never happened, just hasn't happened yet yet. If not yet, I did say yet but I don't say, yeah, I don't know who knows the life?
Speaker 6: Do we want to do tear talk?
Speaker 4: Absolutely? I love the tier talk that Okay Sureman had set up for us kids team sport movies. Okay, will be our topic. Are you familiar with tiar talk?
Speaker 7: Go for it?
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 4: Your top three? Tier one, tier two, tier three?
Speaker 1: You got?
Speaker 4: You can throw an honorable mention if you'd like.
Speaker 1: Okay, So it's sort of like a start bench cut type of situation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're not like cutting a tier three.
Speaker 1: Okay, So one, two, three, It doesn't have to be those.
Speaker 4: It can be any kids teams, kids teams. Did you guys have sports movies going?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, let me see you consider Remember the Titans as a kid's question and Karate Kids. We haven't had a conversation with Ralph Machio on my show. Is Karate Kid a sports movie? Kind of? Yeah? He kind of said it's kind of like a coming of age type thing, you know, more than a sports movie. So I would go, I know, I mean, well, I'm gonna go. Tier one is like Mike because I was in it has that for a flex like Mike is one because I'm i still receive like five cent residual checks for being in like Mike, So there's that, Like Mike, Actually, I'm in it with Kenny Maine and I think that pissed off Stuart that No, was that or was that the kid? Was that Disney's the kid? Yeah? That that's the one I was with Stuart Scott, and like Mike, I'm credited as Stuart Scott and Stewart. It's credited as me, like we purposely did that love. So I'm yeah, so I'll go I'll go that Space Jam one is a Tier two that's great and hardball. Really this is some really well Bad News Bears is a pretty great one. Yeah, I'll go from my era when they're where there were sports movies. I'll go. Bad News Bears is three. We're right there, Tier three. You know, I showed it to my kids the other day and they were like totally they're looking at me like Dad, like you know, you're showing it like the manager's drinking and driving, you know, like what like what's up with that? Like they were totally blown away. And then when Tanner dropped the N word, they're like that you're showing it's this movie like what the hell's the matter with you? And I'm like, I'm like listening to the seventies or a different time. So yeah, that's my U those are.
Speaker 4: My three You missed the seventies?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I was a KIDNAM.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Taylor, what's your one word?
Speaker 6: M M?
Speaker 1: Who are you texting? My lists? Okay? Oh so you prepped for this?
Speaker 6: I'm prepping.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 6: Actually during the show, my one word is going to be.
Speaker 4: Seasoned, authentic gentlemen, reverse.
Speaker 1: Flex Calvin Cambridge.
Speaker 4: Veteran, big dog.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: If if we're closing, can I ask a question to close.
Speaker 6: After we do our tear talk?
Speaker 1: Okay, go for it?
Speaker 6: Yeah, do you want to go? First show to go?
Speaker 4: I don't know. He really just kind of vibe with that.
Speaker 1: What how do I run the vibe? We're closing, closing? I'm sorry you out for another three hours?
Speaker 4: Buckle up? Okay, I'll go ahead and go. Okay, I'm gonna go honorable mention, cool runnings.
Speaker 1: Hm. My Tier three, John Candy is in.
Speaker 4: That is going to be air bud.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: I followed, Uh, I followed that dog, pretty good dog guy.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: Throughout that dynasty of a.
Speaker 1: Film dynasty, my tier two.
Speaker 4: Oh man, I forgot one. I can't do it. Tailor you're up.
Speaker 6: Okay, this is actually a very difficult one. But I'm gonna have to go off just my childhood on this because I think there's a lot of movies up here that I appreciate to those older cool running as being one of them. But from my childhood, I'm gonna give an honorable mention to the Mighty Ducks, Gordon Bombay, the boys, just sacrificing so much, bring a group of misfits together to take on championship, and for championship, growing old together is truly beautiful. Another one that we can all get behind is my Tier three, which is sand Lot sand Lot, just just all the characters incredible. The young lad I can't believe I'm forgetting his name right now, fakes drowning, gets the girl to give him a squint squinte a phenomenal movie. Phenomenal. My Tier two and My next two are going to be Disney Channel original movies. Brink Puppin Sudds. It's a roller skating movie. There's a part where guy falls into a hey belle. He looks for help up and then pulls the guy down. And keeps going, ends up still taking the trophy. It's it's a beautiful movie and my number one, my tier one is going to go to My first passion is a motocross and it's going to go to the Disney Channel original movie motocrossed about two brothers sister. The brother and the dad are big time. They have a track in their backyard. Brother ends up getting hurt, sister cuts her hair and pretends to be him and gets into this little league, ends up taking over.
Speaker 15: And beautiful movie.
Speaker 1: You've never heard of it, never seen it.
Speaker 4: Beautiful film and nobody was able to catch on to who that was either during during the movie.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 6: This this movie was before it's time.
Speaker 1: Great tear talk, Disney.
Speaker 4: That's my one word? Is that what you gotta use one word to describe his tear talk?
Speaker 1: Did you describe your tear talk? Weird?
Speaker 6: Okay, that's the way you said it too, with your face. I didn't like when you said like that.
Speaker 13: Yeah, unique, extreme.
Speaker 1: Sports, ice box.
Speaker 4: Radical, Hoosiers.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's not a bad one. Hoosiers. It should have been number one on my list. I don't know that was included.
Speaker 6: I never seen it.
Speaker 1: Oh you shouldn't.
Speaker 4: They're older.
Speaker 9: You've never seen you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you've never seen Hoosiers.
Speaker 6: No, dude, was Jase s Heeinfeld in it?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Oh my god. I know, I know, I know it would be weird for you because it's in standard definition. Dude, it's Gene Hackman. It's it's it's a story of of of I've heard David beating Goliath. It's it is.
Speaker 4: It's like, it is a movie. You have to see it.
Speaker 1: It's that it's my number one sports movie.
Speaker 6: I feel, I feel.
Speaker 1: It's my number one sports movie.
Speaker 4: You didn't say that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's done by the same people who did Rudy, if that means anything to you. I hate Rudy because I hate Notre Dame. Like I I watched Rudy hoping he like Pops a Quade, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: I've also I've never seen Rudy.
Speaker 4: That's all right, that's okay.
Speaker 1: It is a great sport.
Speaker 4: You enjoy seeing Rudy fail, and then, oh.
Speaker 1: My god, it would be great, and I was. I was told by David Ansbag, the director of Rudy, that Rudy has heard me say this before and wants to fight me over it.
Speaker 6: Really yeah?
Speaker 4: Nice? Would you yes?
Speaker 1: Huh?
Speaker 6: Would you fight him?
Speaker 1: Absolutely? And I'm a lover, not a fighter. Absolutely all right. So I've got a question for you guys.
Speaker 4: Well you're you gonna finish your I'll go quickly, so says I did. For I forget and I am so disappointed that I forgot the saying lot. But the same lot is in there is as my as my tier three. My tier two is going to be Space Jam. I think Space Jam when Little MJ's there at the at the free throw line at night time to start the movie. It's like you start the dream as a kid. Space Sham is my tier two, and my tier one is The Little Giants. In fact, that is the movie I watched the most, and that one time coming into Fruition against the Dallas Cowboys. I'm a Dallas Cowboy fan growing up, so parts of it kind of sucks seeing them lose, but I loved watching the Little Giants pull out the one at the end. But Little Giants is my tier one.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 15: Have to go a word for that, Timfoil, Are you just projecting?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I am just projecting. I think it's a conspiracy that you chose little giants.
Speaker 4: All the money.
Speaker 1: It's a conspiracy against actual giants that you would choose little giants so on behalf of all giants. You know that you don't like them, So I think that's that's why I went ten folds. Okay, yeah, I don't. Don't ask me to explain how it works. I just know it's working.
Speaker 4: You don't have real information.
Speaker 1: I know that's more than one word.
Speaker 4: Hyphen o. That right, Okay, cool rushed.
Speaker 12: Bubble wrap classics.
Speaker 15: Annexation to Puerto Rico.
Speaker 1: Nice, Yes, sir, that's right, hopeful, inspiring, becky solid.
Speaker 6: Well, did you have any questions for us?
Speaker 1: Yes? Okay, this is my final question for you guys, because we have one more for you. Well, okay, when does Jack get his Silverano? That's a great question, honestly, the one situation, the one of the many angry responses I've gotten from your fan base with each photograph that Jack pot. The most common response was that I'm disrespecting Jack by not coming on the bus. That on behalf of Jack guys helping guys, or or guy who works hard not getting rewarded because I'm too elitist or high falutant to actually be on this program. That is the number one most common angry response to my lack of appearing on this program is that I'm I'm denying Jack his Chevy Silverado for posting every day, and so now I'm asking, how do how do we how do we make this happen?
Speaker 6: Can we hold for just one second? Look something up?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 4: Please?
Speaker 1: Like what the title of his car like? Is that what you're looking up?
Speaker 4: I think the stipulations where he can't miss a day?
Speaker 1: What you saying? Are you saying he missed a day?
Speaker 4: There are rumors swirling that there are multiple days that are at question.
Speaker 1: Are you saying that I finally here, I made it to the bus. We have put together two hours of high quality video and audio entertainment. I believe.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And while you're talking about I have it right now, we.
Speaker 1: Have reached the end of the line. And you're saying he doesn't get the Chevy Silver.
Speaker 6: That's not what we're saying.
Speaker 1: Okay, So what are you saying?
Speaker 4: There are days in question, Jack that we have to verify.
Speaker 12: Listen to the hearsay. This is is just a witch hunt.
Speaker 6: Right now.
Speaker 4: Here's here's all.
Speaker 6: As of right now, Jack McPherson's Chevy Silverado is in review in review. In I will say this like we're under the hood here under We're under the hood, Jack, Do you have the microphone in your hand?
Speaker 2: I do?
Speaker 6: Did you ever miss one.
Speaker 12: Day seven hundred and seventy two today?
Speaker 6: I want you to really seven.
Speaker 12: Hundred and seventy two, don't do this brain word.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, no, I'm I'm true. This is I'm truly trying to cover every basis because I'm not just thinking about this conversation right here. I know the Internet wants you to have your show of Ea Serrado, and.
Speaker 2: I know the deal world wants the world the world You don't no, no, no, I do because the internet will here I do.
Speaker 6: But just listen to what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: We know you want to ship.
Speaker 6: Rich wants you to have it, will and I want you.
Speaker 4: To have it.
Speaker 6: The rules of engagement who are it has to be every single day until Rich Eisen comes on the bus today.
Speaker 12: Seven and seventy two we will go into today.
Speaker 6: We will now go into a review to check every seven hundred and seventy two days. If you've missed one's an audit, then you were willing to say I really went full corporate here. If you're willing to miss one, If you missed one, are you willing to say you do not deserve it a contract? If you missed one, are you saying you don't deserve a Chevy Selrado if.
Speaker 4: You missed it?
Speaker 6: I asked you a question. I asked you a question, and I'm saying, if the rules, if the rules were every single day for seven hundred and you said and you said no? Immediately you said no, did you when I asked you if you missed the day? I'm asking you, if you missed one day, do you deserve the Chevy Sierrado?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: What if you missed two?
Speaker 12: I mean there's seven and seventy two days, Jack.
Speaker 1: How many days did you miss? Did you miss zero? Brainworm? And by the way, if I've left any lasting impact here, the fact that that that that brainworm is now officially part of the bust and lexicon as a shorthand for conspiracy theory, I'd be very happy. Number one number two. I'm here for you, Jack, literally, not just here for me and for the Busting franchise. I'm here for you, Okay, So Richard, listen, I've appreciated the deep cuts, and I appreciated the the you know, the easy cut. I've appreciated your hard work and dedication. You know, the rule was for you to not miss a day. I think there should be a grace period. Personally, I think there should be a little wiggle room.
Speaker 4: How many rich would like to hell, Yeah, that's a great that's a great speech, suggest that amazing. You're the man.
Speaker 1: You're you're the man, dude.
Speaker 6: People people are showing up.
Speaker 1: You are the man.
Speaker 4: You're here for him.
Speaker 1: My contributions to this cause have been two things. One having such a vast array of photos from which to choose to allow you to do what you've done, and then showing up. That's it. After that you're on your own. But I'm here for you, and I think you should get a little bit of wiggle room. But you're saying that there's no wiggle room. You've done it for seven hundred and seventy two straight days, Okay, And that's the things when this gets posted later on right yeaeah, Okay. Sometimes we haven't figured it out if does he now host every single day? Because I'm assuming, you know, I think.
Speaker 6: He continues a post until we decide we're going to release them.
Speaker 1: Correct, yes's what you got to do.
Speaker 6: But obviously if he misses a day in this period, it's like that.
Speaker 1: Would be now that now Now, to use the phrase from a good fellas, I got to turn my back on you at that point in time. Do you miss anything between now and then? Seriously? So we will continue, yes, we until until we reveal.
Speaker 6: But I really want to iron this out because I want to do I want to do what's right, and I want to do what the people deserve. If you were to miss a couple of days, how many day grace period would you say Jack should have.
Speaker 1: Let's just say.
Speaker 6: It's got to be single digits to it.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, very low, single digit okay, very I thought you were say no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, you're doing. So seven hundred and seventy one days is what we're you know, more than two years. Do we give him two days a year?
Speaker 6: So four total?
Speaker 1: Four total? I mean people get five days of vacation, working days of vacation a year, or or to ten days of vacation a year. So I'm cutting that. I'm cutting that by four fifths. I'm giving him one fifth of vacation days that people are traditionally allowed.
Speaker 6: He's a good man too, he deserves I'm.
Speaker 1: Saying any more than four than then you got a case. But but the rules were he doesn't miss a day the rule. So the question is really how you know magnificent or magnanimous of bosses? Are you? Guys? Really it really comes down to your what kind of magnanimous?
Speaker 6: What kind of culture would we be in stealing if we let the small things go? Because Michigan didn't win a national change.
Speaker 1: You got to the little things, the little things, the details, the little things. Championship teams are all about details. Magnanimo, stop it now, now, Jack, that's that's not how you're sucking up and you're pissing me off. Generous are forgiving? It is magnanimus. That's what it means, generous or forgiving, especially towards a rival or less powerful person.
Speaker 4: I think that's a social media I think he has just as much power.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, listen, So we'll agree on four days.
Speaker 6: Sure you feel good about four days?
Speaker 15: You like three simple, simple strike system, Three strikes and you're out.
Speaker 4: Interesting?
Speaker 12: Interesting, Yeah, Internet will have I.
Speaker 1: Think Jack's beginning to go through his head and thinking he might have.
Speaker 6: If you've not missed one day, then there should be no fine at the end of the day.
Speaker 12: I know that you're yeah, there should get time said audit.
Speaker 1: But what do you mean a time limit on sad like there's a time limit on how long they can actually review your work.
Speaker 6: That's what that's I think that's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can't give him the truck and then take it back because after further review, you know what I mean when we do the truck, okay.
Speaker 4: And to be in to let you know we do have our eyes on a truck.
Speaker 6: Yeah we do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, it's nice.
Speaker 6: You're gonna look and that means it found, it's used. But it works.
Speaker 1: This is amazing. This is a story that just keeps giving.
Speaker 6: Can we just real quick iron this out? Three days?
Speaker 1: Yes, you've said zero.
Speaker 12: It wasn't the initial thing. Two per year and it's been over two and a half. I mean, I'm fine with three.
Speaker 6: I think we'll ask for three. Will ask for three? I said four? Yeah, and the way it works, will have.
Speaker 1: It right, okay, and you give us give us.
Speaker 4: We'll go from you can have zero to will allow three and that's a big jump.
Speaker 6: Yeah, all right, and you're saying you did not miss one day?
Speaker 1: And how long and how long? How long do you guys have to review you? How long does the audit take? Are you allowed for the audio?
Speaker 6: I think five to ten business days?
Speaker 4: Five to ten business What I was gonna say is, uh, by the time this episode comes out, I think during that intro, we will understand what the answer is.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, wet for us?
Speaker 1: I like it? You do you do digital? Digital footprints and fingerprints are a bitch man. You better you better hope play. You better be buttoned up, Jack, because I'll tell you, like I know, I keep making pop culture references that are too old for you, but I'll do it anyway. It's anyhere. You've seen the shining. Anybody's seen the shining. You've seen the shining. Okay. So Scatman Cruthers, he plays the you know, the guy who runs the Overlook Hotel, you know, except during the season, right, and he's shining with the boy from Florida. And he realizes the boy's in trouble okay, because his dad's going insane, the caretaker, right, So he goes from Florida on a plane all the way to Colorado, gets in a SnowCat to go all the way up the mountain, gets in the hotel finally there to save the boy, and as soon as he gets their spoiler alert, gets an axe in the chest. That would be you in this equation. If we get all the way to this point, you go all the way to this point just to get an axe in the chest would be a horror show of the first variety. And I hope and pray that the audio audit turns up. What if it's three? What if it's three? Three is like then, so he's the runner. Okay, so three is the max. So it's not three and you're out. It's really four and you're out right, Let's make sure I guess we can't have a push push push is good for.
Speaker 4: Him the lines at three and a half, okay, and.
Speaker 1: I root for the under man. I don't want you to be a scot.
Speaker 2: And some would see it as an axe to the chest. Moment I see it is more for the love of the game. You know, at the end of the day, we got respect.
Speaker 1: He's about there. Technically, there is no eye in busting man. It's your team player. Jack, that's impressive. I'm impressed because I would want that Silverado. If I don't get me, I would be pissed.
Speaker 2: I got a four runner out there, as if, as if three hundred thousand miles on it.
Speaker 1: So it's seven hundred and sixty seven of the seven hundred and seventy one days is not good enough. I know, I understand what the rules are.
Speaker 6: Hard to because he's been doing this for a lot longer than we expected, because somebody schedule and it's been hard. And I thought this was gonna be like one hundred day deal. I really did, because Will and I sat here on the bus and we whispered back and forth. When Jack said sure should.
Speaker 4: Be so broad?
Speaker 6: Yeah, he did say no, and I pushed for that. Okay, and now to get to this point and if we yeah, what do we stand on if it's for and it's like, damn, Jack, we can't. I sat here and gave him a chance to say if he's missed one, because I know if he missed one, he knows not head of his right now, he's aware.
Speaker 1: I gotta be honest with you. I smell panic, Jack.
Speaker 6: Because it's because he says so strongly and then it's like, okay, well if.
Speaker 4: You are missed anything.
Speaker 1: He was resolute, and then I see a little moonwalking, and I'm beginning to get.
Speaker 15: A little no.
Speaker 12: No, I mean there is a day. I live with you every day, rich every day.
Speaker 7: I know that.
Speaker 12: So this is this is a conversation I've been preparing for for seven hundred and.
Speaker 2: So if I am you know, definitive definitive about my answer, it's because I've I've played this conversation.
Speaker 1: Out for seven You know more about me than most people hundred.
Speaker 6: I know, Jack, if you missed the day, I'll give you some grace, but you got to say something right now.
Speaker 9: I just want this.
Speaker 1: We decided.
Speaker 2: I don't think strike striving to the Internet so that you don't catch heat, and if sad thing, I don't want.
Speaker 6: This, if the Internet none of the realities. I do want this to happen. It was me who pushed Will into saying this deal. If the Internet gets mad at me, if the Internet gets mad at me for not giving you a Chevy too, because you missed this amount of days, the Internet has to be mad at themselves in the wrong direction.
Speaker 12: And I agree, Yeah, I won't be on the side of that fight.
Speaker 6: I will take that heat because it's I just I'll feel really bad about man. Seven hundred and seventy one days and he missed let's say five.
Speaker 1: This is it. It's like, yeah, we've reached the end of the road.
Speaker 12: So it's almost sad because I know are mis posting.
Speaker 1: Are you gonna miss post it today? You can still do it if you want to continue, you should post.
Speaker 6: Pictures, should post one of Jack until he comes on.
Speaker 4: One to day. You post a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just send me selfies as long as they're appropriate. I'll post him.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I guess I will go through the autumn process.
Speaker 1: I'm glad we have established the guardrails here and we're ready to roll. Oh my word, Okay, brother, I could see it. He's shown me what you would get and I just saw your face. Yeah nice, Yeah, don't show don't.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm just hoping for your sake that it comes up at three and three and our and I hope that you have enough money for your own pink job. Rich too much, not really.
Speaker 4: Beautiful?
Speaker 1: Okay, sounds good, that's my own biases at work. I'm sorry, be quiet, twist the question.
Speaker 6: Let's get rich out of here huh. Okay, Twist Western is brought to you obviously by Twisted t five percent alcohol. It's great for tailgates well, watching the game at the house at the bar, doing to tailgate with the boys is zero carbonation, zero carbonation. It is really the best drink, especially during the fall. Twist quise. We have two of them up here.
Speaker 1: Okay, which one we want to do?
Speaker 6: You pick one?
Speaker 4: Oh? Would you tweet a picture of seven seventy two straight days if it guaranteed they'd be a guest on your show?
Speaker 1: Okay? Taylor Swift? Because I'm part of the conspiracy and you understand, and the fact that I would money, I would keep tweeting out photographs of her, would cover the tracks that I could get her on the show anytime, because I have created a controversy that has not only not only if found called in a question her popularity, but even more so the chief's ability to actually win football games. How does that sound? You know what I mean? So I would do Taylor's Whift's been the.
Speaker 4: Most starstruck that you've had on your show for me?
Speaker 1: Starstruck? Huh? I literally, man, The one for for real for me most recently is Seinfeld and again I know that where I know you're like, who's that? But but he he came on, He came on, and it was you know, I've been wanting to have him for for some time, and he was in person in studio and we recorded it after a show, so we had a bunch of time with him. Had no no idea that he was going to start by being somewhat critical of the set that I have there and how low he is to the ground and how high I'm sitting in a chair, and how weird it is and how spatially it's something that I should rectify. And he got up out of the chair and stood over me just to say, how does this make you feel? And and I just remember sitting in my chair and looking up and just seeing Jerry Seinfeld looking down at me, and it was just like, Wow, what am I going to do with this moment? You know what I mean? Like it's kind of out of body that A he was there and B He's staring down at me. And then we just had a great conversation. It was awesome from there on out, for sure, so beautiful. That's my answer to that question. But Taylor Swift for sure how popular.
Speaker 4: I'd be, Man, I don't know.
Speaker 1: What it is.
Speaker 4: I Adam Sandler, you can get him. No, I've never like there's some people you feel like you're in one connected way. He hasn't been somebody yet. Sam Arial, we had him on his episode, is either already out or coming out. He was talking about him hanging out, Aham saidlor and he it feels like he's everything I've.
Speaker 1: Thought he is. He's the best. I met him at the World Series in the late nineties when I was covering the Yankees and Braves I think it was or Yankees and Padres for ESPN Radio, and had walked around with him the stadium stopped for everybody who stopped. Everybody stopped him. And this was a time before there were cameras on cell phones, so people were like popping out like real cameras and shit, and and he stopped for every single one of them. Even got on the phone to leave a message for somebody and recorded an outgoing message for somebody, said yes to everybody could have been.
Speaker 4: Nicer when they were ask him, I think middle school, high school, Like, who would somebody that are alive you'd like to have lunch with a lot of the times. My answered to be Adam Sandler.
Speaker 6: I just think he's a good dude, Like he's also a great twisted question. Yes, yeah, he seems like the man I would be Vince von got it. We got a chance to meet him at Notre Dame brsus Hoighse State last year and it was everything is advertised, Yeah, that one's great. Talked about doing a flea flicker on the ten yard line and we were just thought, well, then, god, you're not the oc Yeah, but he was awesome.
Speaker 4: Agree that they should have took the three yeah, first or second drive.
Speaker 6: And he does this way of making you feel like just like you're a part of his little crew. Because we ended up meeting him and then we're on the sideline, we're like three rows back. He's like towards the front, and during the first quarter he looked back at both of us, Hey come up here, and we just started talking balls.
Speaker 1: Probably taller than you think too, right, Yeah, I.
Speaker 6: Mean probably was tall because wedding crashers. He's like, uh, I feel so small in your arms. I'll tall you six five, but I feel like I'm five feet And that's like, oh, I guess.
Speaker 1: He is a tall boy. Yeah, his character and Swingers is one of the best ever.
Speaker 6: I've only seen the movie once.
Speaker 1: Are you a little too?
Speaker 6: It's a little too old for me. Come, I've only seen it once, I know, and I want to have that with you so bad.
Speaker 1: You got to you've never seen it happen either.
Speaker 6: I've heard you got a baby, your money, baby, the whole thing. It's just great. It's just like the best, like pure, like raw Vince Vaughn.
Speaker 1: And then you know Jon Favreau and the scene where he he's not talked about enough. Well you know he's now as huge director as there is anywhere, and so but Vince Vaughan and John Favreau's character in that movie where he leaves a message for a girl he had just met in the bar, is like you watch it like a horror movie where where your hands you're like you watch it through your fingers. It is truly we've all been there as guys, and it's I'm assuming, but yeah, that's it. It's a you guys have a lot of holes in your film.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, but also you got some time on us.
Speaker 1: I do have some time, and you've seen this is like that scene right there holy ship that you got to see it? It is, Yeah, wedding crash is more you know, contemporary.
Speaker 12: I understand.
Speaker 4: Yeah as well.
Speaker 6: He was like a bully, right was he like a bully in that movie? Or so? I said, I haven't seen it. Well, Farah would be cool too, well, fare will be outstanding. Yeah, just all those guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he came on my show once and our crew came back. You know, I like going into the back into the green room whenever a guest comes by to say hello. Always like doing that because you know, my show's live, so it keeps going and going and going, So I always like going back there to say hello. A couple of times when I've been on talk shows, I've always appreciated when the host comes back and say and says hello. It just always makes me feel at home. And so I like doing that whenever whenever I can. So, you know, my team knows that Will Ferrell came by and they stopped me from going back. Said, Will doesn't want you to go back there. I'm like why. Like he showed up in costume, and he showed up in costume because it was the day before Halloween. He dressed as his Halloween costume for that year, which was Jesus Christ, where he dressed his full costume with a beard and a Dodger hat on and UH sandals with the UH with his initials on a W and F because his his kids shows the costume and it's right here. He shows out that the costume says one size fits most on it and that was one of the funniest moments because he couldn't breathe at one point through the through the beard. He sort of he sort of got there at his one size mis fits most so, but I remember all this stuff and the fact that he shows up in costume is just like it's an honor honored and like so it's one of those things where you prepare like I'm gonna ask him this, I'm gonna ask him that, and he comes out dressed like that and you just take it, throw it out the window, kind of like our potential questions.
Speaker 6: There was only one that we kind of just went to as a joke.
Speaker 4: Right there, you go, So great episode.
Speaker 6: You did not disappoint. Thanks seven hund and seventy two. Da Is it feel like there's a lot of pressure coming on this bus?
Speaker 4: You handle it so pracefully.
Speaker 1: I'm built for the bus, you really are.
Speaker 6: But whether it runs or it doesn't, dude.
Speaker 1: Get a motor and this thing goes around the country. Do you know how many fans but you pull this, and you pull this bus into college campuses, Holy sh it, you'd be beaten like you'd.
Speaker 6: Have like college.
Speaker 4: We toed it to some college campuses.
Speaker 1: Okay, you never told to Are you serious? You do it in advance? Let's let him know. Yeah, we got it. He made his He probably made as much money at the Rose Bowl then it would cost to tug this. Yeah, yeah, yeah, not even I just told him, let's go.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but if you're to buy jack as Silverado and then put it, there's a lot of overhead.
Speaker 4: Now, a lot of overhead.
Speaker 1: Let's go. I hope your audit turns out well. Last person I said that to got arrested by the I R S. No, I'm just kidding. That was a joke.
Speaker 13: That good.
Speaker 1: Appreciate you, Thank you.
Speaker 6: I'm always looking out for you too, because I don't want one of your boys behind our I don't want that.
Speaker 1: And that doesn't happened.
Speaker 4: Good, not yet, not yet.
Speaker 1: Thanks guys, Thank you man, Thank you.
Speaker 4: Sir Go Blue. Thank you Rich Eisen Subscribe