Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio of the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty, I'm Strong and Katty and he Armstrong and Eddy.
Speaker 3: For just twenty minutes or so left in his presidency.
Speaker 4: We've just gotten word from President Biden that he is pardoning.
Speaker 2: His brothers, their wives, his.
Speaker 4: Sister, other family members.
Speaker 2: He says, it's all just normal.
Speaker 3: First of all, Biden, you're at the inauguration.
Speaker 2: Did you auto schedule your parties?
Speaker 3: And second of all, what the fuck man? You're just pardoning your whole family. It's not a great look. Yeah, like any good captain. As the ship is going down, Biden gave the order that life.
Speaker 5: Voter is from my family.
Speaker 3: The rest of you can do just like a kind of Jack and Rose thing, one on one off fifty to fifty shot Biden outy.
Speaker 1: John Sewart not pleased with the Biden pardons with the and he criticized Trump's pardons, which we're about to talk about too. But they're just saying so there's just no accountability for anybody, which is yeah, a little of it.
Speaker 6: I a withhold my umbrella comments until the discussion has gone. But I'd say, between the two of them, we have fashioned a system where if you are favored by the president, you can do anything or have done anything, which ain't the way the system's supposed to work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, kidd.
Speaker 1: So Trump did his inaugular address, then he goes into another room with a bunch of more Maggie people and a more freewheeling Trump rally ish sort of thing, before he goes to an actual Trump rally over at the basketball arena. He did three giant speeches yesterday, then three balls last night, dancing to one am. He's seventy eight years old and fat. His energy is incredible. Yeah, I can't relate.
Speaker 2: That is amazing.
Speaker 1: But anyway, he said this at the little gathering after the official.
Speaker 4: Address, and I was going to talk about the J six hostages.
Speaker 2: But you'll be happy because you.
Speaker 7: Know it's action, not words account and you're going to see a lot of action on the J six hostage to a.
Speaker 4: Lot of that.
Speaker 1: And shortly after that that he announced that he is pardoning twelve hundred and fifty plus people involved in January sixth, including the full, complete and unconditional pardons extend to people who are convicted of some of the worst crimes committed the day of the Capital attack. The group includes individuals like and maybe some know some of these names. This person who assaulted US Capital police officer later pled guilty to assaulting officers with the dangerous weapon. Another person who hit a police officer with a metal baton, another person who attacked police with a fire extinguisher.
Speaker 2: Wooden Plank in a poll.
Speaker 1: Tim Carney, who we used to have on the show a lot writes for The Washington Examiner, tweeted that out with this comment, Trump could have picked a couple of protesters who were given two harsh a sentences, or maybe a lot of them. Instead, he decided to effectively declare the riot okay and clear them all. Do you have any idea why he didn't go with more selective like the people that did the actual most violent violence leave them alone, Which is actually what JD. Vance said on a number of Sunday talk shows leading up to the election, that they weren't going to pardon the violent people, but all the rest of the people were overcharged. Which we have a family friend who was there who I believe was overcharged.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Yeah, that's completely defensible and probably justified. You know, case by case, and the JD and other Trump officials. I can't remember if Trump said and himself said, that's what they were going to do. Look at it case by case. It is very it's impossible to justify. It can't be justified, just out and out pardoning people who were beating cops down in the name of penetrating the capital to do whatever they wanted to do. The people who wandered in looked around. I don't want them charged with anything.
Speaker 1: Now, I guess those of you who say it didn't happen and it's all made up, there's no point in trying to have a conversation. But if you believe the videos, which I do, there are people beating on cops with sticks and clubs and stuff like that. If they had killed them, which it looks like you're trying to do.
Speaker 2: Would you pardon that?
Speaker 1: I just I don't anyway, So I got into the comments on this particular Twitter conversation, and I thought it was pretty interesting in a number of different ways. First of all, a lot of this were they given blanket pardons going back to twenty fourteen. That's one of the problems with our current race to the bottom that we've got going with both parties is that each party abuses standards, norms, goes outside the constitution, whatever, which justifies the other party doing it whenever they decide to do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, not good.
Speaker 6: I think, as I indicated earlier, we've got the beginnings of a bipartisan believe we need to reform our pardon system.
Speaker 1: But back to you, a fair trial was not given to these people. Okay, they served enough time.
Speaker 6: Interesting in some cases I would agree, Yeah, But again, in case by case.
Speaker 1: A lot of it's over find another hopeless cause yawn, a lot of that sort of thing over this. I did not yawn at this. I thought it was an extraordinary thing that Trump did. But then this stuff was pretty interesting. Andrew, that was the reporter that tweeted out this information. Do you know that some Portland protesters on the left who attacked police and shined lasers in their eye sockets and twenty twenty got pre trial diversion in twenty twenty one, no court whatsoever.
Speaker 2: You do know that? Right? Again, it's this whole race to the bottom thing.
Speaker 1: There's more of this, and then we can talk about that U Biden pardoned his whole family. They will awe, bah ba this, it's awesome. Finally patriots are released. I don't understand how you find somebody beating police officers to keep you from ransacking the capitol is a patriot.
Speaker 2: I just do not understand that argument.
Speaker 1: Yawn, Okay, cry more. The mob boss pardons his mob. There's nothing new under the sun. You all are crying. And then somebody said, now do the George Floyd riots.
Speaker 6: That's pretty good, yes, one percent, And it's not a good argument. Well, we've got to excuse beating cops because they excuse beating cops. No, but if you have an entire system that is based on the idea of equal justice under the law, that all men are created equal, and you know, I could, I could go down the list of this is like the fundamental precept that the United States of America functions on, and you behave with such contempt for those norms for years and years now. If people are angry for the right reason, we'll let them do friggin' anything, and then act all outraged when the quote unquote other side does it. You have lost all of your moral authority, all of it. That doesn't make it right. You could certainly make the argument that we need to call the fouls on both sides accurately.
Speaker 2: That's what we've been saying for years.
Speaker 6: Not excuse these fouls because they excuse those other fouls. But you're not wrong. What happened in Portland we are screaming about. For months, one hundred and twelve days in a row, whatever it was, there was violence against cops at federal facilities, night after night after night, and it was ignored and or excused because they are angry about the stuff that the left says it's okay to be angry about.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So another response in this line, Andy, this name of the reporter that tweeted out the information about the pardons. I think you are a reasonable and fair minded guy. Would you please do a long file on all the violent criminals that progressive left wing prosecutors all around this country let out on bail or gave pathetically weak sentences so they could offend again.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And so I look at this politically, not rule a law, rule of law. You commit a crime, you got to take the punishment, full punishment, and you don't get out. But politically, surely you can understand how there's a big chunk of the country that sees their side being prosecuted for these crimes and the other side not being prosecuted for crimes so as not bothered when their side gets pardoned.
Speaker 2: Surely you can.
Speaker 6: Understand that there are precincts of the left in some of our major cities where you will not be prosecuted for assaulting a police officer preemptively.
Speaker 2: They just won't charge you. And so yeah, we need.
Speaker 6: To get a grip, folks, because if it continues to be a race to the bottom in terms of lawlessness, and you know, you can cast the blame where you want, it's really immaterial to my point, if we want to continue a race to the bottom of lawlessness, it's going to end in a very very ugly plan, absolutely unspeakably ugly.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, God, this goes way back, speaking of Trump, I took my kids to a Trump rally early twenty.
Speaker 2: Sixteen, Gladys. This was before things.
Speaker 1: Had gotten ugly, back when it still seemed like just kind of a fun like going to the county fair. When, because my kids were young at the time, we went to the Trump rally in Sacramento, California at the airport.
Speaker 2: Is plane flew in It was so cool. Everything like that.
Speaker 1: The next day he did a rally in San Jose and Trump supporters were beaten on the street, which is why I would have taking my kids to a rally after that. Trump supporters were beaten on the street merely for having Trump swag on and nothing happened. There were no no, there was no outcry, there was no oh my god, we're not this is not us, this is not our country. It was just okay to beat Trump supporters in the street. How do you think that's gonna turn out? If you allow that sort of thing, you end up going further down the road of outrage, of no rule of law.
Speaker 2: It just seems so obvious to me. We predicted that at the time, and.
Speaker 6: Here we are right right. You are truly reefing what you have sewn. It's it's not good. It's not good at all on either side.
Speaker 2: I don't like it.
Speaker 1: So I wish any of these conversations CNN, Fox is not talking about it as much, although I just saw him up there doing it, ABC, NBC, everybody leading with it.
Speaker 2: Everything like that.
Speaker 1: I wish you would at least throw that into your conversation, because yeah, you can easily be outraged over some of these people getting pardoned by Trump. But if you don't include all the businesses that were destroyed and those people to get in charge with anything. As a matter of fact, your candidate for president did it gofund me to raise money to make sure.
Speaker 2: They wouldn't pay in trouble? I mean, what are you talking about? You got to.
Speaker 1: Include that, right, yep. Yeah, we're not going down a good road with this. This is not a good run. And then that both presidential sets of pardons yesterday really a bad precedent.
Speaker 2: We're gonna see pardon reform.
Speaker 6: I think got a twin mods and fine, good, let's talk about it. It's gonna take probably a constitutional amendment, but we'll see.
Speaker 2: On a more positive note, the.
Speaker 6: Buck Eyes of Ohio winning the National Championship last night, The NFL continues their fabulous playoff action.
Speaker 2: And it's now or never.
Speaker 6: The best place to win cash while watching the playoffs is our friends and sponsors at Prize Picks. You can now wind up to a thousand times your money on prize Picks.
Speaker 1: What was Ohio State the eighth seed and they trounced everybody?
Speaker 2: Something like that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you haven't downloaded the Prize Picks app, you should sign up today get fifty dollars instantly. When you play five bucks, you don't even need to win to receive the fifty dollars bonus.
Speaker 2: It's guaranteed. Yep, it's quick, it's easy.
Speaker 6: You just pick more or less on at least two player stat projections and go from there. They've invented the flex play at Prize Picks. You can still cash out even if your lineup is not perfect. So download the app today and use the code Armstrong to get fifty dollars instantly. When you play your first five dollars lineup, you don't need to win. You just play five dollars. You get the fifty dollars bonus to play around with. Again, it is the Prize Picks app you want to download. Then remember the code Armstrong to get that fifty dollars bonus. Prize Picks, run your game.
Speaker 1: We have much less heavy fare than that conversation to come about the news of the day and all kinds of different things. I hope you can stick around, arm Strong. I can no longer beat my thirteen year old at chess. I don't I don't know what to do about it.
Speaker 2: Chess, It's not chess.
Speaker 6: Actually, it's actually not like, Oh my, don't we all wish for our children to be more successful.
Speaker 1: That's the great thing. I was explaining to a friend of mine. If I was losing to, you know, my neighbor, I would hate my kid, for instance. That's a different thing. But you know, it's the I want to win, but I love the fact that he's better at it.
Speaker 2: Than I am.
Speaker 6: It's fantastic. Yeah, yeah, well you got up your game to up his game. Yes, I do.
Speaker 1: It's not like when I'm playing tennis and I'm like, I'm taking it easy because I want the game to continue. I want him to like it. I don't want to discourage him. That's not what's happening here. He's going to discourage me.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I remember vividly the day that my son beat me at the Great Game of golf, and I realized, this is not me encouraging the boy anymore. This is me fighting for my life. I got to play as hard as I can. Interesting anyway, but it's fun.
Speaker 2: It's fun. It's great. So the Oval office has been redecorated.
Speaker 6: The new guy gets, obviously what he wants on the walls and shelves and the rest of it. The diet coke button is back, set up and ready to go. Trump with a buzzer, and he's evidently got a lackey at the other end of it when he needs a diet coke. An orderly. We need orderlies around here, Michael. You like a little side hustle as an orderly.
Speaker 2: I don't even know what that means.
Speaker 8: Job.
Speaker 1: Is there somebody whose only job is to wait for that thing to buzz and take a diet coke out of the fridge.
Speaker 2: And walk it in there?
Speaker 6: I certainly hope not picture a guy sitting there his legs cross flipping through a magazine. Must not be thirsty today, Well, he says to his coworker.
Speaker 1: The story is he drinks about a dozen a day, so of course he works eighteen hours a day.
Speaker 2: So you'd have a lot of sitting around.
Speaker 6: President Trump's redecorated Oval office once again includes a portrait of Benjamin Franklin and a fresh Andrew Jackson painting.
Speaker 2: The late Great Benjamin Franklin.
Speaker 6: Tray Penn's was ready on the resolute desk for Trump to sign executive orders. The diet coke button back ready to go like four years ago. A portrait of George Washington now hangs over the fireplace, flanked by Alex Hamilton and Thomas Jefferson. The bust to Churchill is back, having been removed by the weasel Joe Biden.
Speaker 2: A bust of MLK Jr.
Speaker 1: Remains the Winston Churchill bust, even though Tucker Carlson's take is Churchill caused War two. Well, he had some faux historian on claiming it it was silly. But anyway, the Oval Office the most iconic setting in the White House.
Speaker 6: Blah blah blah. He added a couple of silver eagles.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 6: Jack reminiscent of Nazi said well, come on.
Speaker 2: Oh, that reminds me.
Speaker 6: We already talked about the hilariously idiotic Elon Trump did a Nazi salute, fake controversy.
Speaker 2: Oh my, it's actually become great.
Speaker 6: They are so beclowning themselves with that silly stuff on the left and in the media.
Speaker 2: They're doing our work for uslu bit I got let or not fay.
Speaker 1: That was Elon Musk there right before he did the salute.
Speaker 6: Redecorating the Oval Office occurs in a few hours, jack a staff began making the changes while Biden was still in the building.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 6: Now fans of area rugs will be interested to know that deep blue rug Biden had used was swapped out for a more neutral one that Trump had used previously in his Oval office. Pieces of the Resolute desk had to be disassembled so the rug could be placed under it. That puts the trivial triba back in trivial.
Speaker 2: Yes it does.
Speaker 6: Actually I did find out or was reminded for like the twenty seventh time, and I'll forget it by tomorrow that the Resolute Desk was a gift from the Queen of England. It was made of white oak and mahogany timbers from the HMS Resolute, a British naval ship used for Arctic exploration.
Speaker 1: As was true in twenty seven seen when Trump went in. It's a unique situation where you're so wealthy that you're probably moving into a lesser house than the one you love.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, one hundred percent. Yeah.
Speaker 6: The White House is famously like old and drafty and badly in need of a.
Speaker 1: But even the whole size of it, and that you know, the kitchen, you can eat whatever you want.
Speaker 2: I'm sure that's Trump's lifestyle already.
Speaker 1: I'm sure he has somebody gets him a diet coke whenever he wants already, and that he can have any food he wants at anytime already, So none.
Speaker 2: Of that would be very new to him.
Speaker 6: Now, Biden had progressive hero FDR's portrait up and various labor leader's statues on his desk.
Speaker 1: Jay Govera Carl Marx had had to move the Karl Marx bust out.
Speaker 2: Long gone, baby get out? Why that area rugg stuff was interesting, wasn't it?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: The way they had to move the desk to get to that because they changed the rug.
Speaker 6: Coming up more highlights and low lights from yesterday. Montage of media explaining how pardons are bad right before Biden did it so much good Sah Boy.
Speaker 9: Armstrong and getty that historic moment in front of the Capitol. Now former President Biden, six months after dropping his own re election run, exiting Washington, ending a.
Speaker 2: Fifty year political career.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not sure anybody should have a fifty year political career in DC.
Speaker 6: Go get George Washington had the decency to go back to his farm. Oh, speaking of which I was describing the changes in the decor of the Oval Office. If you missed it, it was fascinating. But you know what I didn't mention I should have, was that Trump reinstalled the flags of all of our military services in the Oval Office. Biden had them removed, what in favor of the you know, probably the NEIU, you and whatever other unions.
Speaker 2: He had a BLM flag.
Speaker 6: Exactly a rainbow flag in this house we believe in science or whatever. No, now the service flags are back in the Oval Office. We had to go, mister president. But speaking of the old guy who is senile and lying, backslapping, relative pardoning buffoon soon to be ranked the worst US president of all time, probably had a bit of a ceremony.
Speaker 2: As his.
Speaker 6: Because as is traditional, and Andrew's a force Andrews Air Force Base as he left the office in the city, and it sounded there whereas it there it is. We'll start Michael with seventy one. Let you know how it sounded.
Speaker 4: Hervey stay before. No president gets to choose the moment in or history, but they get to choose the team that it is. And we chose the best stamp team.
Speaker 7: In the world.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 6: That last part I got the United Mates a bandera about the jack listen bow well, come for the incoherence and stay for the incomprehensible seventy two, Michael.
Speaker 4: I only hope so look look back in these years. Hope you look back on the same pride I have of all you've done. I'm proud. I'm proud of is that you did it a folding the core values of honesty, decency, integrities. I mean no scandal. I mean it's incredible what.
Speaker 1: You did for him to stand there on the day of pardoning his family and say, no scandal.
Speaker 6: I feel like we ought to pause for five to ten seconds to let every single human being gathered here respond in their own accustomed way with are you blanking kidding me? Or if you you crank? Or you should be in jail, whatever you prefer, folks, it's up to you, or just.
Speaker 1: The scandal of eighty five percent of America thought you couldn't pull off a second term because your brain didn't work, and everybody pretending you were, like, you know, out running laps around the White House.
Speaker 2: We can barely keep up with them. That seems like quite a scandal.
Speaker 6: The scandal of opening the border and allowing foreign gang members to set up shop in the United States. The hasty Afghan evacuation, when you know, one of my favorites. Because it's recent, it didn't get enough attention. How about your people yelling at Mark Zuckerberg to take down facts or you're gonna put them out of business.
Speaker 2: That seems like a scandal.
Speaker 6: Spending trillions of dollars and stealing money out of the pockets of working class Americans to the point that they were panic stricken every single trip to the grocery store. But luckily, no scandals. You senile old coot get Oh, we're not sorry, Thank you, mister president. Roll on, Michael, you know with.
Speaker 4: The point I want to make today's and make clear of farewell addressed as we all do, have more to a lot more to do. What you heard the inargle was addressed to them today. We got a lot more to do.
Speaker 2: I don't lost himself.
Speaker 4: Many is experience. They're up and down, but we have to stay with it.
Speaker 2: Four more years, four more years. I got the perfect capstone paragraphed. When we're done with this, don't let me.
Speaker 6: Forgerfect Fans of gibberish, this one will delight you.
Speaker 4: I've been doing this for fifty years for the best group of People's sory to say there's been the honor of my life to serve as your president.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you what?
Speaker 6: Did everybody hear that? Or if I've been suddenly struck deaf? I was just getting to the good hard too. We've had a technical malfunction. Is there a test that radio?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it just died. That's unfortunate. The clip died. I will try to get in those see what happens. Well, it's the digital age. I don't know what it means. Nobody does.
Speaker 4: I've been doing this for fifty years for the best group of people. Hard to say there's been the honor of my life to serving your president.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you what.
Speaker 4: Greater honor? And being able to serve with all of you? You're incredible?
Speaker 5: You really are.
Speaker 4: You really are. Mark my words, because she's gonna judge what you've done as one of the most significant contributions has been in made by all of America.
Speaker 2: All right, Wow, that was worth the late.
Speaker 1: I don't understand during fifty years of being in Washington, d C. I'm not a term limits guy. I've been argued out of that for a variety of reasons. George Will wrote a book for term limits, then wrote a book against term limits when he changed his mind.
Speaker 6: But just doesn't work the way you think it's going to anyway, Paty, and I'm about to quote George Will is the capstone paragraph to this whole discussion. But why why do you cheer that?
Speaker 1: Yay?
Speaker 7: You hung around way too long to the point that your brain didn't work. You got wealthy on a on a government salary, somehow managed to buy multiple houses and support an entire extended family on a lavish, rich lifestyle.
Speaker 5: Yay.
Speaker 2: I just don't get it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's disgusting. We need the shortened version of that clip, please. I would like to play it repeatedly every time his name comes up for the rest of my life and his I'm hoping mine is longer than his. And then finally, this looks a little long, but I'm told it's if you've got an old man who's way past his prime, and he's and he's not bring away incomprehensively, he's probably what shouting angrily, let's hear it, block.
Speaker 4: Folks, you know, let me close that phone. You heard me quote before Jamis had he wrote, once in a lifetime, the long four tidle wave of justice will rise up and hope of mister Rhyme, you made it right. Moderns riding a long time. I waited. He's a lot of customer real change. So let's make hoping this to Rhyme. I love y'all. I'd give you too long.
Speaker 5: Thank you, more years, more years.
Speaker 4: Thank you. Walk this way.
Speaker 2: Let's getting in the campstone.
Speaker 1: Do I go on this way?
Speaker 6: He says into the microphone.
Speaker 1: They they did have the sense to chant thank you. Joe is opposed to four more years.
Speaker 5: Oh my goodne not kidding, Sariah, not kidding, Jack Noble, Larky, what maybe belonging?
Speaker 2: Not even Larkey. I don't know what you said. You're having a good time, Joan, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Marco's being asked the new Secretary of State about the January sixth pardons. Of course they are. They're putting pride and put him in an embarrassing position. See if you can grab that answer hands And I'm kind of interested in what he's gonna say.
Speaker 2: Brother.
Speaker 6: One of the inconveniences of the move is that every Trump will point and that it is going to be asked about that now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yep, yeah, here's the uh, the paragraph that I wanted to get from George Will but I thought was really good about the whole thing. Whether you're excited about Trump, whether you're angry about Trump, or vice either of those two, about Biden whatever. Most people realize around age seven that the universe under its current administration produces many disappoints.
Speaker 2: Then they shrug and get on with their lives.
Speaker 1: Today, many emotionally dilapidated obsessives experience either despair or euphoria about the inaugurations of presidents who come and go. Both groups should rethink what they expect from politics and why they do.
Speaker 2: Oh that's well said, Yeah yeah, yeah, that's undermining the.
Speaker 6: Fairly significantly sized industry of talk radio and online opinion and that sort of thing that insists Otherwise.
Speaker 2: Is that making people happier?
Speaker 1: The idea that it's all about who's president at your life comes and goes with administrations. You look back over your life and you think, I was happy from two thousand and eight to two thousand and sixteen, Then I was unhappy from sixteen to twenty, Then I was happy again.
Speaker 2: What way of looking at the world of this.
Speaker 6: Yeah, obviously that's an unhealthy way to look at life. And secondly, if that were true, it's not. But if it were, then you ought to join with us as a real zealous for reducing the power of the president, so they couldn't possibly have that effect on your life.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, when your party's in power, you fall in love, you raise beautiful children, you get ahead.
Speaker 2: At work, and then if you lose your election, it all goes to hell.
Speaker 10: Guy, I'm tired of being married to you. You get divorced, you disown your children, you quit your job, you live under a bridge, You grow your hair long and let lice crawl all over your body until your guy gets ilected. Then off with the lice. Honey, I miss you. It's all good again.
Speaker 1: Please, holy cow, that's no way to live your life, no kidding.
Speaker 4: You made it right waters running a long time.
Speaker 1: That might be that was a perfect capstone to his career.
Speaker 2: And again, please get me the end of seventy four.
Speaker 4: Gotta have it, hark, he's my words, because she's gonna judge your You've done as manmos significant contributionis has been obeyed by all of America.
Speaker 2: All right, how's good? Well, what do we think about?
Speaker 1: And is a long conversation, but just part of the reason people get so euphoric or down is a president comes in Congress. It's not Congress, it's the president sitting down with a pen and a whole bunch of executive orders, and they last as long as that person's president. Then the new person comes in from the other party and wipes them all out and goes the other direction. The Congress is supposed to make laws that slowly happen and then are slowly undone.
Speaker 6: And there used to be a consensus for better or worse at times that if we whipsaw back and forth on domestic policy, foreign policy, energy policy, it's going to be bad for everybody. Right, it doesn't make things better. You've got to have at least some sort of continuity. But you know the counter argument to that, obviously, Well, the last guy was a cry. I mean, with the Green New Deal and the trillions of dollars of it, of handing out the money to cronies.
Speaker 2: We've got to correct that. I get that. No, I'm happy about that.
Speaker 1: Trump wiped out most of the New Green Deal, thank god, billions and billion, tens of billions of dollars spent to build charging stations around the country.
Speaker 2: What did they end up with? A total love.
Speaker 1: They had none up until a couple of months ago, and now I think they had eighteen or something charging stations they built and the entire country for tens of billions of dollars.
Speaker 6: If it were eighteen in your town, you'd think that's pretty good start.
Speaker 1: About the cost. But anyway, right so, I'm happy about the corrections. It's just not the best way to run a railroad in general.
Speaker 6: We got an email from, uh, you know, I've got it handy here.
Speaker 2: I'll make this quick. I'm sorry there is oh Robert No.
Speaker 6: Somebody, one of our beloved listeners said, hey, we're never going to talk about Biden.
Speaker 2: Or Harris again, right I need a break.
Speaker 6: And I'm like, yeah, to some extent, obviously, it'll be a great deal less, but I feel like I'm giving up drinking or my favorite pastime, or giving up TV for lent or something. Not being able to kick Biden and the half with Kamala Harris anymore, there's gonna be a blank space in my life avoid.
Speaker 2: For a while.
Speaker 1: You're the reverse of MSNBC and CNN. They're like, oh my god, it's back. Oh I missed it so much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had one more thing to say.
Speaker 2: No, I don't remember what it was, darn it. This is why I lose it. Chess, we'll be back in a moment.
Speaker 1: That's chest thoughts flip out of my head, flap out of my head, so quick stop.
Speaker 2: We got much more on the way. Stay.
Speaker 5: You made it rights rutting a long time, and.
Speaker 3: America's illustrious senators like Amy Koba Shar and Deb Fisher and of course how came Jeffers are there?
Speaker 2: And Fetterman was are you coma Fetnerman? Really shorts?
Speaker 3: It's not even an inaugural decorum thing. It's freezing out there. It's a it's a healthkincer. Federman is literally America's teenage son.
Speaker 2: At your grandma's funeral. I told you I don't like long pants. Oh that's beautiful.
Speaker 6: And if you have not seen the pictures, it's not like he was wearing tailored golf shorts and some sort of quarter zip. No, he looked like he was leaving the gym on a chilly day with like loose fitting short sweats.
Speaker 1: I don't dig that. I definitely don't dig that. And I'm not a I'm not a decorum guy mostly, But.
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 1: What is he what is his message? Regular guy as that he was trying to be. I don't know regular guys. I know lots of regular guys, very regular guys, very working class, regular guys.
Speaker 2: And you know what, they do nice things. They dress up, they wear nice.
Speaker 6: Clothes to indicate the seriousness that they're taking it with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they go to weddings and funerals and graduations and stuff wearing like khaki pants and a real shirt because they're no, they're at something important.
Speaker 2: They don't dress like that. So I don't know who he's playing to. Slobs.
Speaker 6: Look, I'm kind of pleased that I don't need to throw on a sport code have a steak in most parts of the country, but mix in some buttons fetterman, Oh my god, even a zipper somewhere just no draw strings. Can we just say that right? Much more serious topic. Senator Marco Rubio now Secretary of State. Marco Rubio unanimously approved by the Senate. AH, which is great.
Speaker 1: That's a great message to the world. This guy speaking for Trump isn't just a maga guy. The whole Senate, half of which's Democrat, said, this is the guy we want.
Speaker 6: One of the most intriguing questions about the Trump administration to me is how does his no new wars America first, let's avoid foreign entanglements jibe with his we've got to be very very strong in project American power in smart ways. How is that balance going to be struck? Some clues from Marco Rubio here.
Speaker 8: President Trump was elected to keep promises, and he's going to keep those promises. And his primary promise when it comes to foreign policy is that the priority of the United States Department of State will be the United States. It will be furthering the national interest of this country. And he's given us a very clear mandate. President Trump's made it very clear everything we do, and this is true in government, but especially at the Department of State, everything we do must be justified by the answer to one of three questions. Does it make us stronger, does it make us safer? And does it make us more prosperous. If it doesn't do one of those three things, we will not do it.
Speaker 1: The problem being that because I know, a lot of the you and the Maga crowd hate every dollar that goes to Ukraine. Marco Rubio would make the argument, I happen to agree with him that sending money to Ukraine does make us stronger and wealthier and safer.
Speaker 6: Right, yeah, Michael, don't worry about it. We won't use the second clip. He's talking in our ears lovingly. I would also point out there's a lot of misunderstanding in populist politics of foreign aid. There are three ways to get friends on Earth as a government. You can scare them into it or beat them into it. That's kind of one of your choices. Secondly, it's just automatically in their best interests. I mean, Canada has no reason to be hostile to the United States, where their biggest trading partner, et cetera. So that's an easy one. The third way you get friends is bribe them. And sometimes you need friends that you have to bribe because the evildoers China, for instance, is trying to bribe them onto their side, which would make our lives less safe, less prosperous, all those things. Marco Rubio said, So for an aid is not charity, it's bribery.
Speaker 2: If it's used correctly.
Speaker 6: I wish I had more time to expound on that thought, but the mullet three, we'll talk about it.
Speaker 1: You know, down the road there is now something called Elon must derangement syndrome, and we'll talk about that next hour. Armstrong and Getty