Speaker 1: Welcome to Pod meets Twirl, the Dancing with the Stars recap hosted by two guys who can't dance, don't want to dance, and have now seen exactly seven episodes of Dancing with the Stars. But since our best friend Danielle has joined the cast for season thirty four, We're going all in. We are Wilfred Allen, Ryder Strong aka the two dudes standing next to Topanga aka Daniel Fishal's backup aka the dan Yettes.
Speaker 2: I will Daniete, Hi rider Dan.
Speaker 3: Yet, how you feeling this week in my general life or after watching whatever the that was?
Speaker 1: I'm with you. I'm with you, but I'm angry. I wasn't angry other weeks, but I'm angry this week.
Speaker 2: What the hell?
Speaker 1: Let's let's take a step back and just say, how are you doing in general?
Speaker 4: How are you feeling?
Speaker 3: I am dude, Okay, you know it sounds like I've had a call for the last four months of my life, and I finally met with a new doctor yesterday that now maybe I don't.
Speaker 2: Need this sinus surgery, which is a good thing.
Speaker 3: So I'm going to be doing this whole new steroid rinse, which apparently is going to help because as a voiceover actor, everybody knows sounding sick all the time great for your career. So I'm uh, I'm excited about that. But that wasn't you know? Actually that was the highlight of my week because what, yeah.
Speaker 1: This was a tough one. Hell ill I know, but you know, I think it's actually gonna work in her favor.
Speaker 2: I don't disagree.
Speaker 1: I think because I think everybody feels it. I think everybody sees it because I watch with my parents, my wife and my son, who have not consistently watched every episode, and their reaction was exactly mine and yours, which was, while they are being harsh, really like why did they give her? Why did they give other people a pass and not her? Or yep, that's my wife. But it's like, so the woman who didn't dance wet home got the same score.
Speaker 3: Yep, basically other than one point yeah, one part, And I was like, I know that seems a little think yeah, the guy who couldn't make it to the swim meet tied for fourth or whatever the like what yeah, now we we I was gonna ask a tar of this because she knows a lot more about this than we do. I have to imagine, with as physical a competition as it is, they've they've had this happen before, where somebody gets injured and can't dance, right, I mean, this wasn't the first time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is this exactly what they do every time?
Speaker 4: Like they Yeah, it's happened, it's happened before. Well, okay, there are two different ways.
Speaker 1: If it's the.
Speaker 4: Pro who's injured, there could be another professional dancer who steps in for the pro.
Speaker 1: Oh that's almost worse.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's actually what happened with Sharna Burgess. She had Jenna Johnson step in for her a couple of years ago, and Jenna did the dance with her partner. And then there was one other time that they played the celebrities rehearsal to judge and I'm blanking on who it is. So while you guys are talking, I want to look it up. But it has happened before.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I actually thought the rehearsal was great, you know, I thought it was like you could see you know.
Speaker 2: I didn't think her dance was that good. I didn't.
Speaker 3: Sorry, And now I'm like, now I guess I'm looking for reasons. And again this comes with the bias of having a friend on the show. I guess I'm looking for reasons why they would score this person one way and this person another way. And it's also arbitrary.
Speaker 1: It is all arbitrary. But I'm getting better at predicting it now. I'm literally too. I'm spot on every time because I shouted out to my family and it's gonna be hs across the board. I feel the same one. Nine. Then there's only one last night good that I actually messed up everything else I've been. I've gotten to the point where and I think that's just knowing the judges, you know, like knowing, Oh, Derek's gonna like that, carry Anne's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Carrie An has her favorites, and she'll have two or three that no matter what they do, they could walk on the stage trip hit their face and she'd.
Speaker 2: Be like, you tried so hard. Nine.
Speaker 3: And then Danielle does the best thing where she's doing triple flips and she's.
Speaker 2: Like, you gotta your s Shelder is different too, and it's like.
Speaker 1: What the I'm with you? Man? I held back the anger. I you know, I want to give them the benefit of the doubt. But I could see at this point, it's starting to feel like a personal thing. It are you as open to like the potential that Danielle might be working her like and I don't think she is. I don't think she has. She's not seen. We'll get into it, Okay. Halloween themed one of my favorite like themes we could possibly do, although interestingly it was a very dark Halloween interpretation. Dark there literally everybody went like bloody and scary. Nobody went like nightmare before Christmas, fun kookie Halloween, which I was a little surprised by it. I was like, whoa, everybody's like bloody and like kind of awful, but which which is so funny because that's actually more me, Like that's more my taste and in general, yeah, like I'm into it. But by the end I was like, really another like sexy bloody dance.
Speaker 3: Seriously, we couldn't have one person in a store bought Luke Skywalker costume.
Speaker 1: Like when I think about Disney Night which is like or TikTok. It was like the opposite. And when I was cravy, then I feel like they're all going way too far in the other direction. Yeah, I think in part because sexy has been working like really like the darker, sexier said, like Danielle's dance from the week before, Yeah, has been getting a reaction, and I think they're all feeling a little pressure to be like let me be dark and sexy lead.
Speaker 3: But it's weird to go scary not spooky, especially on ABC, like you figured to do somebody would do something spooky like.
Speaker 2: Just oh yeah, I'm a cat, like a little nothing. It was all like I died for it.
Speaker 1: It goes back to my criticism of the Disney week way too good a makeup. Yeah, I don't want this. It's like, look, it looks real on camera. It's one thing to look good during the dance and real, but it is so really like those contacts were freaking me out scared and it was like too much. I was like, that's so distracting. I'm like I want to watch you dance, and like there were three partners that had contacts and I wanted them all to take them off right away. And then like even like Dylan's like vainy neck thing going up his head, like no, guys, it's looking and the blood looked you real, Like when when what's it? When rob Robbers? Like I was like dude, I was in Cavin Fever. Take it off like no, like, this is not good. It was true.
Speaker 2: It was dark and good and dark.
Speaker 1: After got a makeup, I just want to tell the makeup team that you are amazing. You should all be working in horror films. But for this make it more cartoony. Yeah, don't a little a little lighter, little more fun, little for this stage. But they're playing it up for the camera and it's real for me.
Speaker 2: I don't know, yah, yeah, yeah, no it was.
Speaker 3: But again, there were certain cool things, like some of the ways they started the dances, like coming out of the dirt.
Speaker 1: But I think I think the one who pulled it off the best as far as the atmosphere was the most playful and the only one that was, and that was Andy. It was cinematic. Yep. It was so fun and it felt like an actual movie with like atmosphere and story and they started in black and white, involved the camera moves. I was like, yes, and there was something a little you know, it wasn't gory, it wasn't like it was more like.
Speaker 3: Almost whimsical, scary whimsical, yes, which I thought.
Speaker 1: We were gonna get more of when we have to start with a giant sparkly skull, which I was like, yeah, Halloween, let's go. And then immediately we get a Lane's injury announced, which I was like, oh, oh crap, this is this is like what does this even mean? This sucks? Obviously felt bad for her. Yeah, yeah, but you know, that announcement immediately put me on edge and I was like, oh them, we're not gonna have much fun tonight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we didn't then our first our first dancwers.
Speaker 2: I kind of didn't know.
Speaker 1: I was on edge me too.
Speaker 2: This was an anxiety filled night.
Speaker 1: Yes, all right. First up was Whitney and Mark, who actually, now that I think about it, were maybe a little light hearted, you know. I just got into the darkness that later on. Yeah, but even they you know, they started with you know, I guess a zombie theme. Right, there's zombies.
Speaker 3: They're like dead, I think, so, yeah, they're undead, but like from a sanitarium.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think there's supposed to be like a medical ward.
Speaker 1: So like.
Speaker 2: The dead isn't enough, You've got to be zombie day. It's like, come on.
Speaker 1: So the song was brain stew by Green Day. Yeah, great song, did I don't know this song. Are you You're like a green Day fan? Huh?
Speaker 2: I like Green Day, I do.
Speaker 3: I like I've like green Day from from before Dookie, which was their first real, real big one that hit. But yeah, I like the song. I liked just starting with like the dunnet yea. It just kind of like got you into the night, you.
Speaker 1: Know, totally totally and it's and it's it's it's rare to have that kind of heavy hitting like music beats with silence. It was great, man, this was fun. I I just like both of them. I like both of them as people. As dancers. I feel like they continue to show their personality and you know, just make great moves. Like but I did notice, and they commented on this her timing wasn't a little.
Speaker 3: They're way out of sync. I like the look, I like the style, I love the song. They're out of sync, I know. So if I can notice that they're out of sync, how does that get a ten?
Speaker 1: Well? You know what they do that almost better than anybody else in this competition is they do really good moves. But they're also they always feel character based or emotion based, like it always comes from somewhere do you know what I mean. And that's really hard to achieve because I feel like people are either technically very good, like I think Alex you know, the is an amazing technical dancer, but it doesn't come from like inside emotional sort of personality based or character based stuff. And these two are both so good at that they're actually hitting. But you're right, sinc was off.
Speaker 2: I was off. And again, if you're if you're doing a dance, it's like that's good. You know, looked great. I know it started the night. You probably got jitters.
Speaker 3: It's probably the Also you've got the adrenaline pumping, like you just want to get going. But she was off, and so if you're or frankly or he was off, who knows they were off. So if that's the case, I get that. I still thought it was visually cool. I love that all of all of their moves because again I always talk about them as a professional dancing team. All of their moves are very precise, like they're they you know, when they hit a dance move like they're they're finishing the move there. It's staccato when it needs to be. It's all what it's supposed to be.
Speaker 1: It was out of sake, right, So you think does that I kind of agree with you that that means you should not be getting a ten. No, because it is supposed to be perfect.
Speaker 2: That's the best you can get is a ten.
Speaker 1: So Bruno was just like way too impressed because it's Bruno that gave him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everye else gave them very generous all right.
Speaker 1: They were given nine to nine, nine and ten.
Speaker 3: Agree with the nines, Yeah, really yeah, I agree with the Nines again. The way to start to show the music the costumes. Like you said, they're both very good dancers, but you're out of sink. You don't get a perfect score.
Speaker 1: All right. Then we moved to Jordan and Ezra again your face contacts and uh, you know, she really got into the twitching this week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll say every time she was on camera.
Speaker 1: She was like trying to be in character. It's like this weird, twitchy zombie mummy person, which was at first very funny, but then I was like, wow, this is a this is a thing for you. You're like really into character.
Speaker 2: You also mixing genres. Are you a zombie? Are you a mummy? What are you?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think they couldn't do zombies because there's a lot of undead things going on, so it's like, let's add a mummy ish outfit that also maybe makes sense of the harness. Yeah, this was a little off for me.
Speaker 3: The I thought the same I thought the rope was there was a possibility of like, oh wow, we're going to see something super cool with a gymnast attached to a rope, like, oh my god, this is.
Speaker 2: And then it was just kind of in the week.
Speaker 1: One move that I thought was good was when he split the rope and then flipped and she was able to do the flip on her own, you know, but made it look like he was like he was doing her. But that actually doesn't require anything like that could have been just as good if you did it without a rope, like if you just made a spell of yes. So I didn't think they took advantage of it, like once they're like flinging her around with the rope. I know that it's difficult, but it just isn't as impressive to watch, right.
Speaker 3: It's also it's that's a huge risk because when he pulls the rope at the like in the middle to untie it if like something happens and that snags and you've now got a rope on you for the rest of the show, you're screwed. So that was that was a risk, but it didn't fully pay off for me.
Speaker 1: No, because I think that whenever they like it's it's interesting because she's so athletic and she's so capable of big moves. But actually when they when they get away from elegance, when they get away from more dancery stuff and they get more like, it becomes less interesting, like she's better with the pressure of like, let's be more sort of traditional in some way. Yes, when they when they get expressive, I'm less interested for some reason, even though I know it's impressive what they're doing. I think the judges were a little too kind on this one. I would have only gone eight's across the board. I was like, and they give nines, you know, nine eight eight nine, that's right. Yeah for me, it just I don't know, man, it fell a little flat for me too, Yeah, it did, you know. I I actually in this case, I was judging their creativity. I was like, guys, if you're going to involve a harness, do something more interesting with it, and and they didn't. But then Also, it wasn't like crazy technically so difficult or so like that that the story, you know, like I would just forgive a like weird sort of half story because of these amazing moves. No, it was just kind of in between on both, right, So I was like, I don't.
Speaker 3: Know, do you think the other thing I was wondering just from a personality standpoint, Yeah, she her entire life has obviously been competition. Competition, competition. That's what she was born to do. It's what she's really great at. It also can come across as cold, yes, because it's like I am here to win, That's what I'm here to do. Do you think that's gonna hurt her.
Speaker 1: In the long run. I think it's hurting her already, Yeah, because I think, yeah, she's approaching this as an athlete, as a gymnast, as a competitor, and I think if you didn't have pre show packages and post show packages, she would be doing way better. I disagree, and I don't I like her in the pre show package because I feel like there's a lack of Honestly, yeah, there's a lack of presentation that I find so engaging and actually very cool because she's much more like, this is my job. What do I gotta do? I don't care what people think about me. But I think that that was maybe part of my problem this week is that in the pre show she started talking about depression, and she starts talking about her emotions, which I understand is coming from a genuine place. But then when the performance, honestly, it didn't feel emotional. It felt like performative emotion. It actually like if I had not seen the pre show package, I would have been more like, I would have been more invested emotionally, I guess, because as it was, I was like, it didn't feel And that's not that's not a knock. It's just why are you trying to make this about more than what it's actually about? Like for I think for her it's actually just about dancing well and winning, which is cool, but like she can't say that necessarily, you know what I mean, She's got to make it about a personal journey, and that's you know, That's my problem with this whole show in general, is all the pre show and post interview stuff just feels so banal to me. It's so banal. It's it's either performative or it's just like it's very rare that, you know, unless it's like the dedication night, which, like I said, I cried most of the time. It's like Disneyland's Fun Halloween is scary. Sometimes it is.
Speaker 3: It also, though it also gets a little a little false sentimental, where it's almost like, let's let's all sit down, and you almost hear the producer or director and you know this isn't happening, but you also you just hear them in their head, like, is there something more personal you could talk about, like if you lost a pet this week exactly?
Speaker 2: Maybe we talk about something like that.
Speaker 1: Also, also, would it be fine if the pre show package began something like that? And then what's her name? The host when she does the wrap up after the dance could ask anything interesting that develops it. Instead, what she tends to do is repeat like a question she asked them, a question that just allows them to repeat what they said in the pre show package, yeah, or a pre dance package, And it's like, dude, ask something more, ask them more. You know you said that sometimes you've battled depression, talk about that. You already heard this, and so inevitably what they say in the beginning. It's like it's every week they just get to deliver a two sentence like thing and it's like, I have struggle with depression or I'm feeling this way about this, and then they just repeat it again and I'm like, develop it. Why are we showing this? Why are we having this conversation? And it's frankly, it feels like we're killing time, which is all we are doing because we're waiting for the judge. But I think a real like a better host, in my opinion, would take what they're hearing the person present before the dance and after the dance find a way to like develop it and not just say like, it seems like you really like your mom, Yes, I dedicated the dance to her.
Speaker 3: Yeah okay, but sorry, yeah you really like your Mom's like.
Speaker 1: You dance with a harness. Yeah okay, yeah, I agree. I just gave nine eight eight nine. I do love Jordan and Ezra. I do want them to stay. I feel like this week was all they could have been judged a.
Speaker 3: Little harshirt and yeah, I think I think if you if you set up that you're wearing giant trapeze wires and then don't do anything trapezy, then I feel like you've screwed me a bit.
Speaker 1: So yeah, all right, next up Andy Richter and the Slater Man. He just keeps plucking away, this guy, he does.
Speaker 3: And you know, this is where this is the perfect example of the pre show package saving you every week because he's so likable, Like even Susan.
Speaker 2: We're sitting on the couch and he comes on and we sit up a little straighter. We start laughing.
Speaker 3: He's funny, he's tongue in cheek, he's looking at the camera. You want to vote for this guy?
Speaker 2: I don't even need to see the dance. It's like, all right, I'll vote for him.
Speaker 1: I know, And I think so it's funny because he actually he doesn't like and this is not a knock on him, but like you are an incredibly witty, clever person, like you actually say things that just if I saw them written, are so funny. He's not actually that like, he's not like a he's just kind of like a presence that's positive, do you know what I mean? Like you just like him? Yes, it's just like a natural charisma and a natural sort of like normal guyness. Yeah, feels very comforting in a world of incredibly chiseled, beautiful people, right, you know, like all week you're just looking at people like that. You're like, everyone's got the cheekbones and the body and the muscles. And when I see him on camera, it's like, well, thank god, someone's up there looking like me, you know, or like you know. And though because he actually isn't doing that much comedy wise, like he's he's actually pretty earnest and just sort of straightforward. But it's more just like physically and personality wise, he's not trying. It's just like a relief every time it's on camera.
Speaker 3: You're also there's a weird journey he's taking that very few they mentioned it last week or the week before, but he's also losing so much weight yep, that it's like we're watching him get healthier. Yeah, and he's moving better on stage and it's making you know, and it's so it's one of those things where that's kind of an interesting journey to watch as well.
Speaker 2: This guy's got to be down twenty twenty five pounds. Yeah, that's significant.
Speaker 3: So uh yeah, but it's I'm kind of changing my tune on him after coming off of everybody taking it so seriously, which I guess they I get that they have to and they should, but it's now like ramped up so much. To have to see the guy who's looking at the camera going like hi, Derek and just kind of having fun is a little bit of in a movie like it's a it's a it's a a just a breath of fresh air in the middle of kind of this intense it's I mean, it's it's a ridiculous equivalency, but it's the it's the same as you're watching these high wire acts, these trapeze artists, the guys in the motorcycle doing the flaming thing, and then you just cut to the clown for for a little bit in the middle of the circus and you go from there.
Speaker 1: Perfect analogy. I mean exactly. It's so nice you need it, Yeah, I mean, that's what the circus needs. That's what There's a reason that they have a clown troop come out every three or four numbers to like it actually makes them more serious, you know, like it actually elevates it because you get a break. Good call man. Yeah, but I thought this was really fun too. It was wise, Like I said, in terms of like the lighting and the incorporation of story elements and stuff. But I'm sitting there with my parents who have only seen at this point, I think, three episodes, you know, and my mom is like, well, he's just standing there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I was like, yeah, yeah, he.
Speaker 1: Is, which only, like you pointed out last week, feels unfair when somebody else gets kicked off. It does feel it, does you know, But that is the nature of the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 1: They all the contest as much as it is anything else.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it could.
Speaker 3: If they had put any more fog, you couldn't have seen any of the dance.
Speaker 1: It was just disappear At one point completely, it was just fog. When he was dragging her, it was like, is she even there anymore?
Speaker 3: And you know, we we have very rarely, if ever, really talked about her. I think she is the unsung hero of this entire show because she is always has a smile on her face, She's always so happy to be there.
Speaker 2: She's talking him through every dance. She's a rock star.
Speaker 1: Well he I mean he and he said like when they asked, I feel like at one point during his interview it was like, how how are you doing or whatever, and he was like pointing to her like she's making everything happen, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think so she's Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I also liked having like a dance to Beethoven. It kind of felt, you know, I like we all know the song, even if we don't know, we know it. Yeah, so there was something like ah and again like I like kind of a classical feeling injected into I don't know it was. It was comforting.
Speaker 3: They also just from the camera angles and the stuff they were doing, they made that stage look like it was forty five miles long.
Speaker 2: It was incredible. Yeah, really well done.
Speaker 1: Oh let's see their score is seven seven seven.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right, Derek. But we should talk about Derek broke his sixth paddle.
Speaker 2: Remember that. He's like he literally snapped the paddle.
Speaker 1: It was like, okay, I mean he's never gonna give sixes again.
Speaker 2: I think, well that's the thing that the dancers know.
Speaker 1: Now, Yeah, this scoring has been up.
Speaker 3: It's right to the point where they're not gonna give anything below seven anymore. And if you get an eight, that's essentially the equivalent of season of episode one getting a five. It's like you saw them all get eights and They're like, ugh, whereas you know two weeks ago, Oh my god, we got four eights. You're jumping up and down now four eights. They're like, that was we failed tonight?
Speaker 1: Yeah, weird. It is weird. A great inflation, great inflation, all right. Jan and Jenna then performed uh canceled by Taylor Swift, and I have to say I really enjoyed this. Most of them like professional. It's like there's usually too many of them dancing for me to like really know who everybody is. But I was blown away by him, especially because I don't know. I guess I've taken him for granted.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Well he got he had a really rough week. Yeah, if you followed all that stuff that was going on. No, So, VAL's brother used to be a pro on Dancing with the Stars, and VAL's brother it's so convoluted it sounds like like a soap opera. VAL's brother's wife has a podcast, so Max Cherminovsky went on his wife's pod cast and talked about how as a professional dancer, Jan has no business being on Dancing with the Stars. He's talked about how he couldn't he's he's not right for the show. His bass is wrong, his arms are wrong, he doesn't he's not classically dance, he doesn't know the partner relationship. Like he bashed this dude badly, which is and then it kind of went viral and went everywhere, which is why Derek specifically at the end was like, Jan, you've been doing a great job this first season on the show.
Speaker 1: I felt that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he had a rough week.
Speaker 3: Everybody, you know this guy just literally came out and just blasted him, saying like, this guy's no business being one.
Speaker 2: Of the dancers.
Speaker 1: Harsh, Well, that's interesting. Yeah, and he's the newest, he's the only new one of the pros.
Speaker 2: Right yeah, I think so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because he was Tailor and everyone says the only reason he got booked is because he's Tailor.
Speaker 2: Was Taylor Swift's dancer.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, I hate to say it, but maybe there's some truth to that, because this really blew me away. And this was not him dancing as as a pro part of a team. This was him dancing to Taylor Swift.
Speaker 3: Right, which and that was this guy's probably danced to that song eight thousand times.
Speaker 2: Like, so it was really good.
Speaker 1: I thought it was really good, and.
Speaker 3: I love her. She is a phenomenal dancer. She's got kicked off what week one or we two? But oh god, she's so the two of them together was like, that was one of those things where you feel like you're sitting in a theater watching a performance.
Speaker 2: It was I thought it was just really good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, and then we get to the Elaine Hendrix of it all. Man, this was rough.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Can I ask why her pro still had to dress up like Gladiator? You know, if the guy's not dancing, did he have to go through wardrobe? I get him not being in jeans and a T shirt, but like, did he have to get into full makeup and everything?
Speaker 1: You know, that's actually an interesting question because it's you pointed it out. I kind of liked it because the rehearsal video, you know, part of the biggest problem with it is that they're just in like workout clothes, right, So I think seeing him in an outfit was like, oh, there could have been what could have been? You know, I think if you had just been in rehearsal clothes, or even if you had just been wearing a suit, it would have been like but because it was like you always felt like what did her outfit look like we never got to see it. I don't know. I think it actually highlighted the absence in a positive way. That was I don't know.
Speaker 3: Do you think now dance aside, which we haven't even got to yet, do you think it's fair that if you can't dance, you're still in the competition?
Speaker 1: Got that, you know? My instinct, like my feeling last night was yes, this felt fair until Danielle's score game thank you, and then I was really pissed off. Yeah, I was like, really, we don't just give her fives across the board or something, you know, like neutral.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they gave her eights.
Speaker 2: She she scored higher.
Speaker 3: The woman who was in an ambulance not at the show scored higher than Andy by by every judge, And it's I mean, it's weird.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: It would have been fair to me is if they don't show the rehearsal video, because it seems like questionable whether that's fair or not. What if they just if you miss it, if you injure, if an injury takes you out, you just match the lowest score of the night. That's fair, right, So like which in this case would have been Andy and Emma. So whoever gets the lowest, you also get the passing grid, like you also get the lowest.
Speaker 2: Yeh see, I think that didn't make it.
Speaker 1: You didn't make it physically, right, But we're also not going to, you know, completely give you zeros, So you're just going to be like the person who also you know, showed up and did their best but got the lowest of the night. I feel like that would.
Speaker 2: Be fair, that that could be fair.
Speaker 3: The other thing that every other reality show does is a night like this, no one goes home and two couples go home next week.
Speaker 2: So it's like, that's that's how you do it. That's fair.
Speaker 3: You're not here, fine, we'll keep you in the competition, so no one will go home tonight, but we're sending two couples home next week because it's like that.
Speaker 2: The whole situation was really strange.
Speaker 3: So yeah, you know, any other thing you're in, like I said, you're in a swimming competition, you're in whatever, and you can't go physically, that's it.
Speaker 2: You can't go.
Speaker 1: So and what if somebody just gets like food poisoning in and feels sick or says they're nauseous or whatever. It's like power, where do you draw the line? You know, in this case, it sounds like she really like really hurt her rib and had to get out in the hospital. But you can also just the kind.
Speaker 2: Of yeah, not that we're saying she is, of course not, but you would know.
Speaker 1: That you could possibly get a score.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I deal with you anyway.
Speaker 1: Video.
Speaker 2: Yeah, see, I disagree. I didn't like. I didn't like their dance at all. Frankly, I would love to.
Speaker 3: And maybe it's because I was always throwing, but I this was I think my least favorite dancer that I just dance wise, I think this was my least favorite dance of the night.
Speaker 2: And so oh interesting, Yeah, it just it.
Speaker 1: I thought the final lift was pretty awkward and painful, like didn't feel smooth, But otherwise I was like really into it, and I wish I could have seen it.
Speaker 3: That's the thing is, I think the problem with rehearsal is you don't necessarily finish all your moves, so like when she leaned against them, she like kind of leaned against them where I'm sure she would have gone one or two inches deeper when you know.
Speaker 2: She's not committing so yeah, so it's like little things like that.
Speaker 1: Injury and stuff. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Okay, wasn't even at the show all eight.
Speaker 4: Just to jump in real quick, there was three other times that people were scored based on their rehearsal footage, Okay, season eight. There was Steve o in week two, Melissa Ryecroft in week eight also season eight, and then Tamar Braxton in season twenty one, and then Elaine. So this is the fourth time they've done it.
Speaker 3: Now what if they I mean, then if you couldn't rehearse, are you then kicked off the show? I mean if there's no rehearsal footage, Like if she can't go next week, is she then done?
Speaker 2: I mean imagine she would have to be right.
Speaker 4: I mean, she got cleared by doctor like they said, But if something else were to happen and she couldn't learn the dance, then I.
Speaker 2: Don't know that would be it. I think it would be.
Speaker 4: A decision between the show and doctors and her. I think it would be like a big decision made.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: I also think I like the Argentine Tango a lot, Do you really?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Because I loved Danielle's dance last week. And watching Elaine and Allen do the Argentine tango ghett I was like, this is my favorite dance.
Speaker 3: Do you know how many people pointed out to us that Buenos Aires is in Argentina even though that was the joke.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, well I didn't get it at first. I was like, isn't Buenos Aires an archida? And that's why I doubted it. I was like, I have to check. I wasn't sure. I was like, because you said it so quick, I was like it was just the same. And then I was like my book classic al eights, Yeah, al eates. Now let's take a moment here to talk about the Bruno of it all, because I Bruno has been really getting into my head. And right about at this point in the night is when my family stopped because my parents were in town and we had ordered a big sushi feast, and so we took a pause and we all like had our sushi laid out, and you know it, my son and my wife and at one point, you know, somebody asked me like, my wife is like, you know, oh, how's the Alba core? And I you not what it was happening to my brand is I wanted to stand up and go. This Albacorn is fantastic, Darling, It's just amazing. I just I have Bruno in my head. It's like everything coming off for me is just like the most exaggerate. Oh, the soy sauce it needs, of course, of course, but you're doing. I love his excitement. Oh. I just always I want to be I want to be as expressive and free and positive. But Duen, he's negative. I don't get you. He has like this rhythm to it. I love that. I love that. Here's what I don't love. I cannot well the the like cheesy corny quips related to the theme of the dance. Yeah, it's like if it's a if it's a police themed, it's like you are arresting Darling. Shut up, Like, oh, it's a chef themed. It's like that was a full course meal and a cake. What So, here's what I want to do, because I think your brain works better than Bruno's. I'm gonna give you a quiz if you if you see a dance based on a certain thing, what would you say, Oh, where's where's your corny quip? Okay, are you ready? Yeah, it's a New York themed fox trot, a New York themed fox Trotky, it was wonderful and it was a good fox trot.
Speaker 2: Sure, yeah, okay, it would be something like, uh after that dance, darling, everyone is moving.
Speaker 1: Uptown all right now, it's a Willy Wonka themed dance.
Speaker 2: Go go treasure.
Speaker 3: You are the music maker, you are the dreamer of dreams.
Speaker 2: We are all getting a golden ticket dolling.
Speaker 1: Right now. It's a Lord of the Rings dance.
Speaker 3: Oh jeezus, you are then the whole demeanor ball at the end, and it will be You're precious.
Speaker 1: See you're already better he has all week because you know, he was the theme of the Dad you in thirty seconds come up with better quips than it's always his.
Speaker 3: Or they they are there.
Speaker 2: It's it's pretty funny too.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: Did you also notice I think Carrie, Anne and Derek don't like each other.
Speaker 1: Yeah? Well there was that weird ooh where he kept being like She's like blah blah blah, and I was like what what and she kept trying to interrupt. I don't know.
Speaker 3: And then there was also a time he's like, oh wow, thanks, I got no no time left, and you heard her like, you've got plenty of time left.
Speaker 2: It was like, oh God, I mean, you.
Speaker 1: Know, surprise, surprise answers that are like paid to be judges, have opinions and have egos.
Speaker 2: Should we did we? We didn't mention we had a guest judge this week, Ryl Burke.
Speaker 3: The one thing I will say, I thought she was giving the best criticism and was the most fair with her judging all night long.
Speaker 2: Frankly, I mean it was like, well.
Speaker 1: She was also, I mean it was interesting because in some ways it felt like she was coming from a place like I feel like the judges in the first four weeks were giving very good technical notes, yeah, on a pretty regular basis, and then they sort of in an howur just like we know who you are, we know your story, and so I'm a judging you accordingly. Where she was coming in like with a fresh perspective and yeah, giving technical notes again, it felt like it felt like a first four week judge, which I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: I did too.
Speaker 1: Why they bring in a guest you know, I swear to God at.
Speaker 3: Some point, because I think we've talked about this before the first few seasons of the show, they were much more harsh, and some network note or something came down and said, we are not American idol.
Speaker 2: We don't want the harsh judging. Lighten it up. And I feel like they've been like because now they're going like hah, you know, I love you, you're the best.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you're great, but maybe do your hand like this like they're like trying to do it.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that's the producers. I think that's just in response.
Speaker 2: To social media.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the popularity thing. Like, you know, I think that we're at a different age than when like Simon Cowell was like miss Harsh and even then I feel like people people kind of liked that. But now I feel like being negative is just not as appreciated, even when they are correct, you know, and they would rather their careers are sort of it's better to be more positive. I mean, even the way that we feel about carry on right now, based on you know how she talked to Danielle.
Speaker 2: That's a whole other conversation.
Speaker 5: Yeah, up next, daniel Fishel and Pasha pashkav.
Speaker 1: I thought watching the rehearsal, watching Danielle be a director as she is and an actor as she is, and a dancer as she's become was so fun great and I was just like, dude, you have like found your stride literally and this is so fun. Like I'm she like was making a story, was having such a blast, and I was watching the versa where she was making all her little god no yeah, I was like yes, because that's the way she is, and she even did like a little karate sound at one point. I was like God, it's like, oh my god, I love you so much. And then the dance itself I thought was incredible and it was incredible what the actual yeah no, to me, it was like oh nine, like across the board, maybe maybe a ten because like her whole like you know, the moment when she was saying no, no, no no, it was so good acting just in the moment in a way that like you know, they talk about her being like like not worried about her steps. I was like, she nailed this and was in control of the dance and like, yeah.
Speaker 3: I also love the visual of starting clean and then his hands have but the his hands have the blood on it, which is all you know, is physical and metaphorical, and then his hands are on the white dress.
Speaker 2: So now her white dress is getting covered in blood.
Speaker 1: Awesome.
Speaker 3: And I was like, God, this is great, Oh my god, she might be doing better than last week.
Speaker 2: Like, oh man, how no one could say anything negative about this? This is incredible.
Speaker 1: I was nine nines across the border as my my. I was like, one hundred percent, it's gonna be great. It's gonna be great, maybe even a ten.
Speaker 3: I thought she was gonna get her first ten of the night from Bruno. I thought he was going to give a ten because he was being very generous all night long. I was like, oh my god, they're gonna do it. They're gonna get a ten. She's gonna freak out. This is absolutely breakout from the pack like she did last week. And then they went in front of the judges.
Speaker 1: I think they're holding her to a higher.
Speaker 2: Standard for what to what.
Speaker 1: End because because a she looks young, so I don't think I think they're treating her as like she's in the same category as like the thirty somethings that are or even early twenty somethings, and it's just not the case. Right, This is this is a mother, This is somebody who is forty five years old, and I think that they're not because she looks so young and they still associate her with Aztapanga. They think of her as like a young American sweetheart, and it's like, that's not really fair. I don't think that's a fair assessment of who she is as a person and how hard she's working physically to keep up. So that's like I think part of it. And then I think she's very popular, and I think that because she's so popular, there's a little bit of like, you know, you can deserve, you can take a little harsher from the judges in a way that I just don't think they're just not on her side. They're not rooting for her.
Speaker 3: Say I think again it Carrie Ann tonight last night it felt personal.
Speaker 2: I can't explain it. I'm sure it's not.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but it felt personally like she does not like Danielle and I don't know what the hell daniel did.
Speaker 2: She take her parking spot? Is there something we don't know?
Speaker 3: Because it how you can watch that after watching a rehearsal tape and give it the same score because Carrie Anne gave it the same damn.
Speaker 2: Score as the one before.
Speaker 3: Are you can't like I know less about dance than anyone on the planet, and I know that Danielle's dance was better than that one. Even if you want to give Danielle an eight, then the other one was a six.
Speaker 2: It's like, what the hell is going on?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. I mean, she's got a chip on her shoulder. I think Carrie An's got a chip on her shoulder. I think, I mean, I think most I think there's a sense of like Danielle being maybe.
Speaker 2: Too good at everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's just like the popular girl you know and like but which is just annoying her. It's like she's the most loving kind yeah, like non exclusive, Like Danielle never gives off the vibe that she deserves anything. She knows hard and enjoys herself. Yeah, but I think that there's the potential that as opposed to like Robert who goes next, Right, Robert feels like, even though it's supposed to be the stars, he is the celebrity who doesn't feel like he belongs here to a certain degree. Right, there's a sense of like, oh, wow, he's he's famous because of his dad and because of his like you know, environmental work. But for the most part. He's kind of an everyman. Same with Dylan, there's a sense of like people coming from like you know, whereas Danielle there's a little bit of like, you know, you've been a star all your life. You've been the center of attention for a long time. And I don't know what against her.
Speaker 3: I don't know what it is, but it's like, I don't know what else she can do. Like that's the thing is you're setting an impossible standard when you have that kind of dance, which I then went back and I was like, all right, maybe I'm wrong.
Speaker 2: Maybe she screwed up this grow up.
Speaker 3: I watched this thing like three times and I was like, Nope, great dance.
Speaker 2: And then it gets to Cheryl, who's like, we do everything big in ballroom.
Speaker 3: We danced to the ceiling, we do all this as like, did you watch the same thing we did? Did you see the facial expression she was making and pointing, the way she was ripping open her and she's covered in blood.
Speaker 2: You you didn't see all that. That's what you point out is she needs to act bigger. Really, I know.
Speaker 3: It was so it was like I was in the matrix and everybody saw something different.
Speaker 2: Than I did. And I was just sitting there going like, how is how what? How how is that possible? I don't get it, Like I give you Robert Irwin thing.
Speaker 3: The other thing with Robert is he's instantly become America's little brother, right like he.
Speaker 1: Just said that about Dylan too. But right, but so but here here, here, here is something that could be taken into consideration in terms of Danielle's strategy, which is, has she opened up personally as much as most other contestants? In other words, has Danielle talked about her family?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Has she talked about her journey as a child actor moving into directing or and no, she has. She has not. She has worked her tough to prove that she can do the technical side of the dancing, and she is. She has leaned into her you know, her public persona, but she has about her husband. She has not talked about being a mother in the same way that almost every other contestant has had at least one moment where they opened up in that way. And I think maybe it's time for her, you know, because even in this one, she told a fun story and it was great, but it wasn't like this is the way I think of marriage, and sometimes I struggle with my husband. You know, it didn't have any of the like, So she hasn't She hasn't connected, maybe in the same way that everybody's had at least one moment where you're like, oh, you are an entertainer, you are an actor, but you also have this, you know, like Andy has his daughter. You know, everybody has had. And she chose for her dedication to do Bill, which we know is personal, but it's also what she's already known for. So I wonder if strategy wise, it's time for you know, the only like real like she you know, in the beginning, she had her injury. She's talked about that, but.
Speaker 3: It might be good for her to open up a little bit more personally maybe. But I also I think there's a strength to what she's doing too though. I mean, this woman, it was dealing with cancer and she hasn't mentioned that since the very very first episode.
Speaker 2: I know, because she's like, I don't want to, I want to I want to dance. I don't want to go out and mention that, right, And so I think you everyone's already forgotten that, right exactly.
Speaker 3: But it's I don't know. Maybe you're right, Maybe next week she needs to open up more about everything that's going on. But I just from a dancing perspective, how you look at that and again, we look at it through I love you goggles. I get that, But how you look at that and see And I'm not trying to bash Alane. This poor woman has had an incredible journey and was hit by a car. I mean, yes, she's had a ton of problems and was probably crushed. She couldn't dance last night. But how you look at that dance and then you look at Danielle's and give them the same score. I don't, I don't. I That's what I just kind of threw up my hands. I was like, okay, none of this makes any sense. Like it just none of this makes any sense.
Speaker 1: She got eight, eight, eight and nine. Yeah, good old Bruno came through a nine.
Speaker 2: He was also writer. We should talk about what she was doing.
Speaker 3: She was dancing the Viennese waltz. Oh yeah, Via, So we're going to talk a little bit about.
Speaker 2: Whiz history of dance.
Speaker 3: This was in the Viennese waltz was created in Buenos Aires. Uh, I'm kidding, of course, I don't know if Austria Austria.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: It is a fast rotary ballroom dance, characterized by its constant turning, which is either to the right, which is called a natural turn, or to the left, which is called a reverse turn. Unlike the slower wallts, it lacks the pronounced rise and fall as I like to call it because of its high speed, which is about sixty bars per minute. Key techniques include maintaining soft knees and a stable posture, taking small steps on the inside of a turn, and transitioning between rotations and change steps. That's your Viennese waltz, my friend. Cool, Yeah, I figured you'd want to know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So are you always turning the same direction? Is that the idea? Or you can't switch it up?
Speaker 3: No, you can switch You can either go natural turn or reverse turn. So like as they would say it would be in skateboarding and everything. Isn't that a right turn or goofy foot? I think they call it is when you spin the other way, or that might just be which way your goofy is when your left foot's forward?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah, are you interesting?
Speaker 1: It's my right foot that's forward. Nice, even though yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh so, yeah, that's the Viennese waltz.
Speaker 1: Thanks dude, good to.
Speaker 2: Know you're welcome.
Speaker 1: Moving on to Robert Irwin and Whitney Carson, what can you say?
Speaker 2: Really great, really great?
Speaker 1: Like I said, I think I love the Argentinian tanger He's.
Speaker 3: I also thought this was, in my opinion, the coolest stage of the night. Yeah, just to look with the but the giant thing of roses behind them and then her coming up on like they're lifting her up on the cello.
Speaker 2: Oh sick way to start. That was cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and fun to see him go a little like more dark. Yeah, and you know, there's nothing goofy about this. It was just like full commitment HALLOWEENI yeah, I thought this was great. He's I mean clearly, I mean part of okay, like honestly part of my think I started to turn on Robert unfairly, probably because he's so beloved by the judges. I was like, uh, Derek, we get it. You love him and his family because you dance with his sister. Can you give Danielle Fish a little credit? You're like, yeah, no, so I was, Yeah, but the dance itself was so fun. This was it was dances of the night totally deserved.
Speaker 3: Love her too, by the way, she's she's such a good dancer. The two of them together just work. They look great. Ye, her choreography is phenomenal. There's I think there's only been one of the seven weeks so far where it's been like, eh, not the best. They're just and I I think that's one of the things they are, of all the couples there by far.
Speaker 2: The most consistent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like they're just we And that was the thing we joked about after the first episode, was like, well, where do you go from here, Robert?
Speaker 2: You started an eleven? Good luck with that. And then it's like, oh, he's he's actually maintaining that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's done really well.
Speaker 2: Yeah he has.
Speaker 1: They got ten, nine, nine, and ten, which yeah, carry on through out A ten.
Speaker 2: I was like really, yeah, of course really she loves.
Speaker 3: Him, and she's like you're a leading man, Like okay, sure.
Speaker 1: All right, next up Jen and Jan Yeah, I mean, I you know, it seemed pretty obvious right away that tonight was going to be kind of between yep, Jen and Andy Yep. As far as he was going to kick kicked off, I think it's probably inevitable that Andy will get kicked off next week, but you never know, never know, because yeah, I thought this was one of Jen's best actually, and again I felt the judges were a little too harsh on her. Yeah, I agree with you, Yeah, because I feel like they've decided something about her and maybe something about John that we don't know a little behind the scenes, like you were talking about that. It just it just feels like they're I don't know, they're they're they're they're getting they're falling through the cracks. And they did fall through the cracks. So I thought this was actually pretty great.
Speaker 2: Thought they looked great.
Speaker 1: They looked great. I thought she gave it her all. But you know, eight's across the board, and again I was like, really, not a nine in.
Speaker 3: There, the same score as the person who didn't dance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, seems a little.
Speaker 3: It just it's again that's why they're just kind of arbitrary. And did you see this was the first time that at least I saw the celebrity not holding her emotions back when she was getting her scores.
Speaker 2: She was pissed and you could see that she was pissed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she was just like, Okay, well great, not I guess I can't do anything was kind of the face that I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think unfortunately the favorites are so clear at this point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I think that the only people like the judges, are being so predictable, which became really obvious during the whatever the monster bash dance off at the end of this which we'll talk about, which really was that kissed me off? Yeah, you know that the judges have set their their path at this point and and unless you the only way to upend it is with the popular vote. It seems like, and I think Jen was not competing with in the popular vote. She doesn't stand a chance against Andy and Danielle and the other people that are not like getting tens and nines every time. Therefore, I think she went into tonight knowing that she just was at a disadvantage and that sucks because.
Speaker 3: I think also they had again with all the press that they were getting and at Jan was getting. I think this was overall just a rough week for them. I mean, can you imagine sitting there as your first year as a pro. You're on the biggest dance stage in America. You're probably loving life, enjoying it, You're just with Taylor Swift and one of the other pros comes out publicly and it's like you don't belong there.
Speaker 2: It's like, oh, dude, that sucks.
Speaker 1: Weird.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that and I thought he's again knowing nothing of dance. He seems like a very nice guy, very personable, and you know, they I.
Speaker 2: Thought they were good. I definitely thought they were good.
Speaker 3: And then seeing him dance the pro dance, the interlude dance there, this guy can dance, So yeah, this is that was rough though, But this was the first time I actually saw the contestant like, yeah, I can't do anything else.
Speaker 2: They're just they're going to keep giving me eights no matter what I do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which sucks because like it's probably bad for her career to react this way, right right right. The only thing you could do is just be like I had a good time, which she says all the right things, but I felt the energy like you did, especially during the final judging when they wouldn't even look up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no one, no one likes the guy who argues with the yump. But like nobody nobody likes that guy.
Speaker 1: So if you know you're getting off the show, just leave with.
Speaker 3: A smile, hold your head up high. It was so hard, and then smash the window in your dressing room. That's you know, that's what you do. You do that privately, But that was it was tough for her to hide her I mean, again, these are not actors. She's a TikTok star dancer, so this is nobody classically trained. The things like that we knew where you put a big smile on your face and then you go and you complain to your agent or your publicist. They didn't have any of that. You just you wear your emotions on your sleeve. But man, it was noticeable she was. She was angry, and I think rightfully so, but you still got to hide.
Speaker 1: It all right. Next up was Alex and Val. I mean, these two are just pretty pretty damn great. During the whole pre show package was like, you're gonna be harsh with me this time, and Val was very strict, and and then they did a great dance they did. And what was so funny is they spent all this time talking about like the technicality, but actually I thought this dance was more fun for its expressiveness and its storytelling, Like well all the like buried alive stuff.
Speaker 3: That buried the way it started and the way that it ended. We're so cool, so great, but it is very and I do not know this man, so I could be one thousand percent wrong, and if I am, I apologize. But it seems like it's kind of all about him. I mean, he's mugging to the camera a lot, and it's all and they're the judges are congratulating Val.
Speaker 2: They're like vintage Val.
Speaker 3: It's like, okay, he's the pro so, but it seems like he's it's a it's it's about Val when you're dancing with Val.
Speaker 1: But got the dance to her credit though she's keeping up right. And yes, the point is they looked great together.
Speaker 3: They looked great together, and they're hitting them in in the head with the shovel at the end of the.
Speaker 1: End was hysterical and perfect.
Speaker 2: It was a great dance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, really really really top notch. So ten nine and ten.
Speaker 3: I want to talk about the nine real quick because I agree with her, but I don't get what she said. She's so she said there's a cardinal rule in tango that you don't break break contact, like you don't break the hold hold, right, So, but does that mean the whole dance. You have to be touching, so at the beginning you can't start separate.
Speaker 1: Is that what you talk Because they haven't. They always break in to do like a lot of times in almost every dance. I feel like they have one point where they split up you a thing. Are you not ever supposed to do that with a tango?
Speaker 3: I don't know, because I thought that's what a side by side is is. It's like you gotta also dance side by side. So part of me was like, I respected the fact that she said it's a cardinal rule you don't break hold, so I'm giving you a nine. Essentially, It's like it wasn't perfect and that's what a ten is for. But at the same time, I was like, then do they have to touch the whole dance?
Speaker 2: Like I don't. I didn't understand it.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but it's it's I kind of feel like if that is the case, then like they all should have kind of held to that.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's why I said, I like it would one of the charles.
Speaker 1: They would have been the top scorers if they had gotten nines across the board, right.
Speaker 2: I don't know, somebody got a ten. Robert got a ten, right, but.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I still be one of the top scorers. Oh yeah, they had gotten all nines. Yeah, and you could have just said, like, hey, guys, rules of rules. We're going to be technical about this.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't know. It was it was interesting, but yeah, it's uh. They were great.
Speaker 3: They were They were dancing the night For me, I thought, uh all the way around, and that's saying something because Robert had a great dance. There's a couple of people that had great dances, but this one was just kind of on another level tonight.
Speaker 1: All right. Then we had Dylan and Daniella, your fave them with the nosebreak.
Speaker 2: She felt so bad too.
Speaker 3: You can tell she was just devastated that she broke this adonna's face.
Speaker 2: She put an elbow into his nose.
Speaker 1: He could sue her for them all the millions. He's not gonna make a by the way, he couldn't tell it all like I couldn't see where is no you know? Yeah, super interesting that he likes romanticy.
Speaker 2: I was like, all right, good for you, dude.
Speaker 1: Have you read romanticy books? I know you're a big fantasy person, but.
Speaker 3: Not not really romanticy is not my not.
Speaker 1: My so like Twilight is romanticy.
Speaker 2: Right, I would think.
Speaker 3: So. I think the original what's the one they made a huge show about where she's married but then goes back into the past and is banging a guy there too, Outlander?
Speaker 1: Outlander?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that so that is another. I think that's also romanticy.
Speaker 3: If there's if there's a wizard and the word throbbing, that's romanticy, I think, is what I would say.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, I thought these guys were great. I just loved the two of them together so much. I thought the fact, you know, like Danielle Official, he came in with like a point of view and wanting to like influence the story in the way that I think is so fun and oppressive and and should be considered as part of like the cool thing about your growing as a dancer. You're wanting to express yourself more. You're not just taking instructions from a pro. You're like having a partnership with your pro where they're listening to you. And you know, I feel that from these two, they're just dancing together so well.
Speaker 3: And she also I thought it was super cool that she started this thing blindfolded. Yeah, I mean, just the idea where it's like I'm the pro, but I'm putting myself totally in your hands. I'm going to be blindfolded like that was. That was a neat twist that you've got to do. The first half of the dance blindfolded was pretty great.
Speaker 1: Yep, they got nine to nine eight nine. I would have given them nines across the board.
Speaker 2: I would have too.
Speaker 3: I would have too Cheryl, But Cheryl was she was harsh this, you know, and maybe she's the most real of all the judges.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: But I thought from a more of an outsider perspective.
Speaker 3: I thought it was cool. They look great together. I just my heart broke for her, like his nose broke for her when because she just you could tell she just felt so bad that this happened. But yeah, he's great. He's super personable, very likable. He's gonna be there at the end. They're not kicking this guy off anytime soon. They announced that he also won the Sexiest Tattooed Guy for the People magazine.
Speaker 1: Know what they're talking about.
Speaker 3: So you know how People magazine does Sexiest Man Alive every year? Well, there's also subcategories. It's like sexiest funny guy sex so he was like sexiest tattoos.
Speaker 1: So they were actually referencing People magazine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, who cares people, That's why it's in the title. Just ascid throbbing wizard. Yeah, have things that she would do with your wand take on a whole different thing and romanticy So yeah.
Speaker 1: All right. Then we had this dance of thought, which stupid, was really dumb.
Speaker 2: It was so stupid.
Speaker 1: I like it in theory, but then the fact that the scoring ended up being almost exactly the order of the night, like they were in the order of their scores to the night. All it did was just make the top scorers top again.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: It was like, why are you doing this if you're literally going to eliminate them in the order of you know, like the only it seems like the only It came down to like whether Robert you know, and Whitney or Alex and it was just like, the same people are gonna win that were already gonna Look it's so dumb.
Speaker 3: This is also the first thing of the entire show that I thought was really poorly directed. Yeah, they're like they're kicking people off who aren't even on camera, Like, what, what's happening? What the hell is going on? It was just a mismash of it was weird. The whole thing was just I didn't get it and did the two points at the end, Like three points at the end. Does that really matter anymore? It's you give your arbitrary scores in America votes, you know.
Speaker 1: It's Yeah. When they kicked Andy and Emma off right away, I was like, really, yeah, we didn't even get to see them for any and then it was like, oh, we're just gonna kick the people who were down and just like and then we're just adding more to the same.
Speaker 2: YEP.
Speaker 1: I don't see this as allays like more.
Speaker 3: I will say from a physicality point of view, especially the people that were there at the end. You got to dance for like three or four minutes straight. I remember when I took boxing lessons once. My first lesson was I had to just hold my hands up with boxing gloves on for a one round, which is three.
Speaker 2: Minutes, and it was horrifying.
Speaker 3: So the idea that you've got to dance for three or four minutes straight is that in itself is just physically impressive, But the whole thing just I was like, wait, who do they kick off?
Speaker 2: What's happening? There's a grim Reaper? Who were not cutting to what the hell's going on?
Speaker 4: It was just say I was in the audience this week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it played out.
Speaker 4: So much better in person than when I watched it back on TV, because I was like watching everyone on the floor and you would see the Grim Reaper come over. Because so what they would do is they would hold up a sign saying like Andy and em are out, and then the Grim Reaper would come over and pull them away and take them out. So in the ballroom it made sense on TV, it didn't translate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well then they cut.
Speaker 3: They should cut to the judges holding up the placard and then cut the guys out.
Speaker 2: I mean, it was probably just too much visual.
Speaker 1: It was just too much happening. I think that's why. Yeah, it's hard to direct something like that, you know. It's when they kept cutting to the overhead.
Speaker 2: Shot, right, Okay, weird?
Speaker 1: All right, Well, I guess we don't have a Will Rider be on Dancing with the Stars.
Speaker 3: The only thing I was going to say to up the ante was I, unfortunately just got a call from ABC, and to do Dancing with the Stars, you have to sign a dual contract.
Speaker 2: You also have to hop over and do American Idol.
Speaker 1: Oh never, never, I just have to sing.
Speaker 3: You have to first dance and then go on tour, and then you have to go and you have to sing on Idol to start all over, and you have to sing on Idol, and then after that you have to go on Top Chef and then for some reason you have to go.
Speaker 1: On I would I would do like a something like But singing and dancing are just too close to my heart.
Speaker 2: It's too close, I know.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I got the game's over. You're on the show. We got to come up with a new one.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: I don't know what it is. People have said, you have to ask me what I would do to be on the show.
Speaker 1: But there's I I think we could do that maybe.
Speaker 2: But there's no.
Speaker 3: But again I said no for different reasons. I just don't think I'd ever learned how to dance. Like the social media stuff. I don't do social media at all, but I could do it and forget it, Like I would have them run my social media platform.
Speaker 2: I would have nothing to do with it. I wouldn't look at it.
Speaker 1: So if they just asked right now, like let's just say they just ask for next season, you'd probably do it.
Speaker 2: Then maybe not.
Speaker 3: My anxiety would probably get the better of me because I have I have anticipatory anxiety. So the closer I got to having to do stuff like, oh my god, I have to dance tonight, I think my anxiety would probably get the better of me.
Speaker 1: Even if okay, let's just say they outright offered it to you based on having listened to this podcast and you know that it's based on your personality and them wanting you because who you are, and knowing that you're gonna, you know, probably not be a great dancer that you might be like Andy, right, but but you belove it, Like wouldn't that make you feel comforted?
Speaker 2: Maybe?
Speaker 3: I mean maybe I would certainly think about it. It wouldn't be an instant. No, I would definitely think about it.
Speaker 2: But it's just not for me. It's like it's just.
Speaker 1: Not for you. But yeah, I think that would be part of the charm. Maybe, you know, if they if you're coming in as like, hey, I'm a funny guy. I would love to get in better shape. This all works for me, but ultimately I'm gonna be a horrible dancer, I think, and then everybody's along for that journey.
Speaker 2: That could work, I mean, that could work.
Speaker 3: The thing that would also save me, though, is I would tell Danielle's story, so I'd be like, sometimes being with Jensen is not the easiest thing in the world, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean again, it wouldn't be an instant no, but it also it would definitely be seventy thirty no to start with, and then my wife woul probably have something to say about it too, so we'd have to.
Speaker 1: All right, that's it for this episode of Pod Meets Tworld. Join us next week as we continue watching season thirty four of Dancing with the Stars. We may not know a Charleston from a cheeze It, but we know what we learned way back in Phoenie's class. Danielle Fischel is the star of the show.
Speaker 2: She's a star, He's a star.
Speaker 1: You're fantastic dollin. Pod Meets World is an iHeart podcast producer hosted by Danielle Fischle, Wilfredell, and Ryder Strong. Executive producers Jensen Karp and Amy Sugarman, Executive in charge of production, Danielle Romo, producer and editor, Tarasubasch producer, Maddy Moore engineer and Boy meets World Superman Easton Allen. Our theme song is by Kyle Morton of Typhoon. Follow us on Instagram at Podmeats World Show or email us at Podmeats World Show at gmail dot com