Speaker 1: You're tuned into Heat Check, But just a quick on this episode of the Heat Check.
Speaker 2: We've got just so much popping around the league. We've got to start taking a tour. We've got our passports ready, Nick. We've got Sacramento Kings. We already hit them, gave them some shine. We've got some other ones. We've got to break down two teams moving in opposite directions. We've got the Okay Seat Thunder and we got the Houston Rockets, Yes we do. And then we've got to break down some news from around the league, including a game I was supposed to be at but I decided to go to a different worst game instead.
Speaker 1: Joel embiid Historic night, But why does that symbolize trouble?
Speaker 2: Also, let's get into the resurrection of a player, Edmund Sumner, a player you probably don't even know.
Speaker 1: You probably don't even know where he went to school.
Speaker 2: You probably don't even know what position he plays, Maybe you don't even know what team he's on. But why he's impactable. We will get into ad being an absolute comedy show drawing inspiration from a very strange ass source, and one Laker, one former Laker, being very mad. He's not on the top seventy five Lakers list of all time.
Speaker 1: And boy, is that a sketchy, funny comment. A lot to get into. Nick, Let's drop that.
Speaker 2: Beat, all right, we gotta talk about two things first up.
Speaker 1: One, I have to say this, and I don't.
Speaker 2: Know if you guys already know this, but if you don't live in the DMV, which means DC Maryland, Virginia.
Speaker 1: Has the worst sporting arenas in.
Speaker 2: The entire country, like it's the worst, and we'll discuss that. But two, we also need to discuss and talk about load management. I think it's time for us people who want to see games live to start.
Speaker 1: We're not gonna take it. We need to We need to talk about this.
Speaker 2: I hear things about load management, I read things about load management, but there is nothing quite like being on the wrong side of a game and experiencing load management for yourself. Sunday it went what the five fingers say to the face? Slap that hit me right in the face.
Speaker 1: I was planning on maybe going to see I don't know, the.
Speaker 2: Utah Jazz, Fun Little Story, Fun Team, Lowry Markenen, Joel Embiid don't really want to drive to Philadelphia specifically considering that the place I was trying to go to to return some clothes only exists in a Bloomingdale's. So I wasn't gonna drive up there for no reason, specifically, not just for Utah. Was I gonna drive up to see, Okay, see versus the Knicks at the Garden Man, that's a far drive too.
Speaker 1: And then I was looking at my Ticketmaster. Actually was the game time app.
Speaker 2: We're gonna slander game time specifically to you game time. And I saw the Wizards play the Memphis Grizzlies at the Capitol One Arena.
Speaker 1: What's this? Jaw? What I'm in?
Speaker 2: I am all the way in absolutely Jaw. Never seen him live, So he's mussy. He's mussy on TV. He's mussy live. Got Desmond Baine he's rocking. You got Bradley Beal, he's whatever, right, So you got Jaw and Bain coming to Chocolate Sip Day. I'm gonna go watch him dunk on everybody's head.
Speaker 1: And I hate Wizards games. They suck.
Speaker 2: They're the worst because well, I mean, the Wizards are really not fun at all. They're not a fun team. And I knew Bradley Beal has been injured, so it's whatever. But like the arena gives gives really like some electronic store vibes, do you know what I mean? Like you go, you walk in and you're like, holy shit, it's brightened here.
Speaker 1: Oh what is going on?
Speaker 2: And I'm used to like Staples where Staples makes it dim in there, it's like everything but the crowd or everything but the court is dark. Right, everything but the court is dark. Not a capital one. They want you to see every pore in your neighbor's face. I swear to God, they want you to buy a TV in there.
Speaker 1: I tell you what. It is so bright it gave.
Speaker 2: Me a migraine. It never gets dim except for the pregame.
Speaker 1: Warm up warm up thing right and the vibe.
Speaker 2: Ugh. I swear to you, I put this on my mother's life. The loudest it gotten there, promise you, the loudest it gotten.
Speaker 1: There was for an infant race.
Speaker 2: Would you say, trista a baby race? There were babies crawling on the floor. They had a race, and people were louder for that then the basketball game. They paid to see.
Speaker 1: What is happening here? But for Jaw, I will withstand all of this.
Speaker 2: I will come through for Jaw, because Jaw delivers for me every time.
Speaker 1: So I'm sitting at dinner, waiting, excited.
Speaker 2: Doing a little one game parlay action for this Memphis Grizzlies Wizard's game and all of this. All of a sudden, what do I see, Like, why isn't the Why isn't Jaws prop up on the bedmgm app? Why is a Desmond Baines prop on the bedmgm app. I'm about forty five minutes from the game time too, Like, we bought the tickets. They're expensive because Jaw's coming to town. They're behind the bench of the visitors. Oh yeah, we were stunting, And I see this a little Fantasy Labs update right as I'm starting to put the pieces together, you know what I mean, starting to really struggle to eat the rest of my talk because things are starting to come clearer into focus about what's about to take place.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jaw, late scratch, he was fine.
Speaker 2: He played the rest of the game against the Minnesota Timberwolves, which they did cover for me because of Jaw. Desmond Bane sprain Toe totally get that, but Jaw, no fucking Jaw. So what I knew I was about to see was a G League matchup. You had no Jaren Jackson, no Desmond Bane, no Zire Williams, no jaw and no Beal.
Speaker 1: What am I seeing? What is this?
Speaker 2: I won't bore you with the details, but it was like watching Pink dry.
Speaker 1: I don't even know.
Speaker 2: Over under on Airballs was twelve and a half and I think it was the over.
Speaker 1: I saw so many David Roddy airballs. I like David Roddy, nice player. Got to see a little Kenny lofton Junior in there. What am I seeing? I literally, swear to God, swear to God, was yelling.
Speaker 2: I was probably six rows from the court and I'm yelling at Steven Adams underneath the basket. Chris dabs Porzingis' is food?
Speaker 1: Eat him, eat him, eat him.
Speaker 2: Everybody's so mad at me because obviously I'm the only one rooting for the Grizzlies of there, because I've got a bet on the Grizzlies, and shit, I want to see him win. I hate the Wizards, they are nothing but just I soar in the middle of Chinatown messing up my traffic. So it got me thinking, you know what we need? We need star player insurance.
Speaker 1: That's what we need. We need it. We need load.
Speaker 2: Management insurance for these game time apps. Because I tried to get my money back and they were like, ah, you're funny.
Speaker 1: No you're not getting your money back. What the fuck are you smoking? And I was like, that's fine. I'm never going to you again.
Speaker 2: But if you're like a seat geek or a stub Hub and you tell me, if you just give me a list, just give me a list, jaw Dame, Steph Brawn, Jannis Luca, Like, it's probably only fifteen twenty names, right, there's not It's not Jimmy Butler. Jimmy Butler's not on the list, right, No shade to Jimmy Butler, but he's not on the list. Okay, it's there's a very select few of people that I, as a local or someone traveling out of town, are coming to watch. Shockingly, Pallow is already on that list. And if they are a late scratch and they played the game before and they get scratched fucking three hours before game time or less, I should get my money back, no questions asked.
Speaker 1: And I tell you what, this is a billion dollar idea.
Speaker 2: This is I don't think if you think to yourself, if you're going to go see let's just say, Jae, you live in Portland, go jaw no, jaw no, Dame, what are you thinking? I mean, it's just anthroty Simon, and maybe efforty Simon's a scratch too. Maybe it's just Shade and sharp on limited minutes and Drew you banks. Imagine how pissed you would be spending one hundred and fifty dollars per ticket. You just saved your little money up, your little shekels up, and now you get to watch trash, you get to watch Summer League.
Speaker 1: Good job. So I would be as loyal as Dame Willard is to the Blazers.
Speaker 2: If I could get that from a secondary market, if I could find a ticket broker that would say, listen, we got you. We'll get Alliance or some sort of under rider to give you insurance, and we will pay you out. We won't make you go through all these little hoops and whistles, you know, and then just never pay you, you know, because that happens too. But like it is, without this, I may never do this again. Like I'm never gonna go see a game at Capitol Win Arena. And also by the way they spent seventy I had to look this up in the arena.
Speaker 1: I was like, this place sucks the way that it's constructed.
Speaker 2: And I just got back from Detroit Little Caesars Arena, and I won't waste your time with this. We'll move on quite shortly. But the way that arena is constructed compared to this steep ass, like we need a shallow, nice, little, smooth, shallow bull.
Speaker 1: Don't make people sit in the nosebleeds for no reason, you know what I mean. Don't make them be stacked on top of each other. Gross.
Speaker 2: They put seventy million dollars into the Capitol winn Arena in twenty nineteen.
Speaker 1: Twenty nineteen. That was right before the pandemic. There's a place, piece of shit. Arena. There's no stuff, there's no bar, there's no vibe, there's no lighting. I'm out, I'm over it.