Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 3: Cowboys.
Speaker 2: This is Girls Talk Boys Talk presented by Jigsaw Dating, preferred Dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys and broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters at the Star.
Speaker 4: Welcome into Girls Talk, Boys Talk presented by Jigsaw Dating. This is our last show of the week, as just tweeted out, but we've got big news and we end this one on a high note. A little frustrating because those of us at NFL Network and I know, Haley, you were out there at practice all waiting to see what Dak Prescott looked like yesterday. As we described to everyone, it was a walkthrough. But as Mike McCarthy told us this morning, he had about forty throws in that seventy play mock game. He looked good and he was going to get time in with the one as they went through practice and again to peel the curtain back a little bit. The media only has access to thirty minutes of practice, and so we are there, yeah, you're there in the full thirty minutes, and outcomes Dak Prescott onto the field and what initially stood out to me. And I don't know I'm referencing to Haley because Haley's at practice with me. You poor girls drive in from Fort Worth and all over to get here to do the show. But what stood out to me was that he didn't have a brace on the thumb and he was high fiving his you know, his his teammates, which I thought was a big deal. You know, you're high fiving. He's gripping Ezekiel Elliot as they do, like their little bro shake. And then we were finally able to catch up with Dak Prescott and I love that. It certainly seemed like it was tracking that way. But Todd Archer just point blank said, sorry, you plan on Sunday, which is my next question, and he emphatically said I am, and he goes, I think, yeah, I am. And I even joked them a little bit. I said, are you trying to play coy with us? He's like, nah, that's just you know what the coaches want. But I I think we all got a sense of Dak was back on track when we saw him throwing on the road against the Eagles listed as questionable. And so I'll start with you aish as we typically do. How does the offense change when you have Dak under center.
Speaker 5: I mean, I think that some of the plays, well, honestly, if you look at a lot of the play designs, there were opportunities for these guys to make big plays down the field. We talked about moving meticulously down the field with the run game stuff like that.
Speaker 6: I think things are just going to open up a little bit more.
Speaker 5: I think that you can confidently go into games and say, hey, if we need something here, we can go for it here. Also too, you look at those third and shorts, those types of stuff like that, I think he is the person to make the better decision there or also use his legs in these and maybe in these opportunities. So I think that all around, maybe you open up your offense more moving forward.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I just think too. One thing that I really enjoyed I caught the tail end of Dak speaking in but one thing I really enjoyed him talking about today was how much he learned in this time, you know, from not being on the field. And he didn't go into specifics because I don't think he ever does, But I just love that he that self scout that we've been emphasizing so much with Mike McCarthy.
Speaker 8: He really took that to heart, and I think while it may not.
Speaker 7: Be a different from you know, a like skill set per se with Dak, he maybe he hasn't improved skill wise, but just that taking that next step as a leader, taking that next step as a starting quarterback, I think that's going to be exciting to see on Sunday.
Speaker 9: I think the most exciting thing was solidified for me today seeing both Micah and CD talking about Dak, because they lit up like a Christmas tree. I mean, it was such a different energy and such a different form of excitement I think coming from these guys than we've seen these past few weeks, and so being around CD when he was talking about him was something. But then Micah and Dak were standing next to each other for a portion of their locker room interview and just the banter back and forth with them, and you can just see it. You can hell how excited these guys are to have their leader back, and it's just so exciting for everybody really in the building. I felt like there was just a little energy lift with Dak talking after the media felt like kind of a sigh of relief from everybody, be like, Okay, it's finally over. We can move the page, we can turn the page, and Dak's back. It's exciting.
Speaker 4: I think some of the things that really stood out to me too were, you know, when Dak went through his injury with the ankle, when you go on IR, you aren't as present as you can be. And as much as people knocked Jerry Jones and staff for keeping him around, you know, the window for IR injured Reserve is four weeks for those that aren't in the know watching the show, because I want you guys to be as educated as some of us about football. And these are things that I learned along the way too, But that would have essentially meant he couldn't be on the sidelines for some of this stuff, and he was able to be fully engaged and everything from I loved Michael Gallup saying, you know, we need water bottles at practice. That's what he done. And Zeke said, he's not a diva. You know, he's gritty. He talks that s and he said, you know, it's his relatability. And that is why as we talked about this quarterback controversy, I had to laugh because You know, there's a lot of people that talk about these teams but aren't in the locker room. They aren't practice, they aren't at the games. They don't have relationships with the players in the sense that you know what's going on in there. But if you know this team, the reason why Dak won that starting job was Tony Romo was not around here rehabbing when he got injured. Dak was. That's when they started introducing it was locker room basketball where they had the basketballs in the trash cans. But even when he became the starter, bringing those guys to San Diego, bringing those guys to Miami, the relationship that he has with the players, even Tyler Smith, the young rookie tackle, you know, he texted him and invited him to a charity event, you know, not long after he was here with the team. Those are the little things that add up and the little things that matter. A couple of other sound bites that stood out to me today when asked about Dak, Ceede said he looked like Dak Yeah, big time throws during the team period. It was even Ezekiel Elliot who said, because I asked him, when did you guys start seeing how good he was looking. I think it was CD said, you know, I started with the nerf ball and then it was in the football. But then it was Ezekiel Elliott who said he was tearing up the Scout defense last week, and I just love that, Micah to your point and welcome to the Scrumps. I love you walked in the building today and I said, wait, are you credentialed now? So exciting to see you asking questions and being in the locker room because I know, you know, for a lot of people out here watching the show, they would love to have that access. They would love just sort of get in the locked So I'm love seeing your development and getting to do that. But Micah Parsons saying that when they were out there on the field and he showed up, he said welcome to the s show in other words, like I'm not going easy on you that you're just back. But I just to your point, I love the energy, the enthusiasm, and they're coming off a tough division loss, but you get the sense these guys truly feel. And it was even Zeke who said this, we've got a lot of momentum right now. We know it's a bit of an uphill battle. We've got to win the division, but they feel good about where they're at right now.
Speaker 9: And the banter with that too is Micah was talking about how they were practicing again and he told Dak, yeah, welcome to the S Show. And when Dak went up to interview, Dak's like, yeah, well we scored a touchdown on that drive. So I just want to throw that out flip.
Speaker 5: And I wanted to add on like even the pictures of him, just just seeing him run out the practice, like he looks like he's floating, like you can see he's he's happy, and he brings that to the game. But I think that's an important element that we don't talk about, is like, like you were talking about, these guys know what they have in him, and so like I like those opportunities that they have for turnovers and stuff like that, Like they know this guy can go down there and score with them. So I think it's important that they get their leader back. I know they can feel that in the locker room.
Speaker 6: I wish I was there today well.
Speaker 4: And also you know, we talked about this quarterback controversy. I love that CD was sort of asked this uh by one of the Channel eight reports, maybe it was a Fox reporter, and he says, you ain't that slick? Yeah, like, but a lot of these guys know. And even Zeek pointed, you know, to the star on the backboard behind him as he was getting interviewed, like why was this even a topic? And nobody's disrespecting Cooper around here. It's just Dak can take the top off this offense. And he was also asked about the difference between week one and week seven. There was no continuity on that offensive line. You were having a rookie, you know, that was starting there at left tackle. It seems like that offensive line is really settled in as of late. The communication is strong, and we go back to having those two tight ends there. They're not only blocking guys, but they're guys that you can use in your receiving game. Ezekiel Elliott and Tony Pollard, who quick tease, We'll be talking a little bit about the run game, where I think it's going to be important this week on the other side of this break. But I just think that he has weapons. I mean, he didn't have Michael Gaalp. They wanted to bring that up and then we'll see if Dalton Schultz, I mean, Dalton Schultz has been a bit of a security blanket for DAK. I don't know what's going on with Dalton, though, I think he was a full participant.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think I think it's just one of those things where like some players really need their quarterback, you know, And I think Dalton is one of those guys where like, for whatever reason that he just never developed that rapport with Cooper. And then you tack on a PCL, which I said from the very beginning, with a PCL injury in particular, those are almost, I don't want to say worse than ACL injuries, but from a management standpoint, they're harder because there's no tear, so you don't require surgery. But like you said, it's nagging and it doesn't go away unless you properly let it heal.
Speaker 4: And yeah, that was the class your members. Yeah, and it said tough. He said that it really slowed down his burst. It happened week you can against Carolina.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So I just think, like you mix that he's missing the quarterback, he's playing on the tag and you know, maybe isn't happy.
Speaker 4: About that, and it's head that these rookies are stuffing exactly.
Speaker 7: So I just think there's a lot of layers. My hope with Dalton is Dak comes back. He's starting to feel a little bit better.
Speaker 8: It's good.
Speaker 7: We'll talk about the injury reporting a little bit, but it's good that he's been a full participant again at practice. And you just hope that they get that rhythm back because just like Mike McCarthy is saying Dak needs to find his timing, he's also said that with Dalton as well. Well, Dalton just needs to find that timing, and I think that timing comes with playing with Dak.
Speaker 9: And something else too, is Mike McCarthy talk this morning about the I asked him, well, how is the mental aspect of all of this? How important is that? And he said that's the last hurdle, And so I think a lot of it too could be a mental aspect too with Dalton Schultz, which if he can sit there and he can admit, hey, I'm just mentally I'm not ready kind of like Michael Gallup did, Hey, more respect to him for that, but I don't know why to know what's going on.
Speaker 5: To add to your point though, like about you know, some players needing their quarterback. I mean if you look at if you look at just how the offense was even run with with Cooper Rushlake, he attacked the middle of the field when it was one hundred percent necessary, But you didn't get like, besides this game, you weren't really getting a lot from your tight ends in passing. And that's actually something I was looking forward to to this week. I think we could see the tight ends get more involved. You could see Dalton Schultz actually have some you know, good passing plays in this game as well. So yeah, it's the offense also too, was less tightened receiver available, I guess you want to say as well. So I think that may be a different you see too, is that these Titans get more involved.
Speaker 7: It just feels like this is like the last step almost that this team needs. You know, like first game was not a reflection of what you know this team was capable of. They have built over the last couple of weeks. They've done it with the backup quarterback. The defense has really found it stride, and I think with Dak coming back now, it's kind of like watch out.
Speaker 9: And also the defense finding its stride. You have a very hungry lion who not only mentioned he was ready for lunch during that interview.
Speaker 8: But he also was good Tank.
Speaker 9: He also mentioned that, you know, coming off of a loss, how that made him feel, and how he did a lot of self scouting, a lot of self reflecting. So I think Mike is the kind of guy that when he loses, he's not going to stay in defeat. He's going to sit there and he's going to do everything he can to come back. He also talked about that competition he had going with Tank and he's like, yeah, I'm not winning right now. So he's so competitive in that competitive nature I think really is going to be brought out in Amplified, even though they're not on the same side of the ball. Asking him like, Hey, how is it going to be different not seeing Dak on the sideline anymore? He's like, Oh, I'm kind of gonna miss it, but you know, I won't get to go up to him afterwards and see all that. But I think really you're gonna see an amplified Micah Parsons coming off of a loss, especially in primetime to the Eagles. I think this is going to be a very good week for Micah.
Speaker 4: And unsung hero Mike McCarthy. I mean, twelve and five last season with all the injuries, four and one without your starting quarterback this season. I just I love what I'm seeing from this locker room and how it's built. You know, they wear the word resilience on their sweatshirt, and I truly feel like they've embraced it and they believe it. All Right, pass or run? I think that's a big question. What can we expect to see from Dak Prescott in his return against the Lions at AT and T Stadium on Sunday. We'll talk that and an injury update on the other side of the break. This is Girls Talk, Boys Talk, brought to you by Jigsaw Dating.
Speaker 1: At Jigsaw Dating, we obviously want the Cowboys to bring that sixth ring home, but to be honest, we're more focused on finding the person who will put a ring on your finger. That's why we created a dating app that reveals your face through meaningful conversation so you can date deeper, because it's personality that matters the most, not looks. Join Jigsaw Dating today, dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 10: All right, PEPSI, loving football fans, it's time we had a lesson in trash talk, and I'm not talking about that stuff that happens on the field. What I'm talking about is trash, and it's the only thing that belongs in your garbage can. No recycling might not be as thrilling as converting up fourth and long, But next time you're thinking about throwing that Pepsi zero sugar bottle away, just cap it back up and pretend you're down by six with a recycling bin wide open. Know the difference, make a difference, be a team player, and recycle. Visit Pepsi trash talk dot com to learn more.
Speaker 3: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and.
Speaker 9: They schnappered a presh guy who looks hit there he escapes left, he'll look.
Speaker 8: Full a poch down.
Speaker 3: Just like football. When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 10: Prescott's gonna run this himself. Run it up the middle and the scores.
Speaker 3: Whether you're new to crypto or an active Trader. They've got you covered. What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 4: Welcome back to Girls Talk, Boys Talk, brought to you by Jigsaw Dating, the official dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys. But Jess hit us with some reads first.
Speaker 9: All right, well, since your Cowboys have a home game, it is a great time to remind you about the pro shops. Get your game day mentality with the Dallas Cowboys official sideline gear inspired by coaches and players that meet for all of Cowboys Nation. Head to the nearest pro shop or onto shop dot Dallascowboys dot Com. At Fanatics, a Fanatics experience. How exciting. I love me some Dallas Cowboys merch, so might go do that right after this?
Speaker 4: Love that Hayley. We've got some injury updates for people looking to stack their fantasy football lineups.
Speaker 7: It's me, I'm people just kidding. I'm terrible at fantasy football. So from the Cowboys sided, things looking pretty good. Pretty Much everybody was full participant, including Ceede Lamb, who was limited yesterday with a hip. They did have a new edition with Matt Willesco going on. He was limited today with a shoulder injury. But other than that, the Cowboys looking pretty good. It's good to see that full next to Dak Prescott for two days in a row.
Speaker 8: On the Detroit side, though, things are still.
Speaker 7: Looking a little Oh sus, you got DeAndre Swift who is limited.
Speaker 8: DJ Chark did not practice as well.
Speaker 7: I actually saw on Twitter today from Danny Rodgers, who will be joining us in a little bit. She said he was in a walking boot today. She said it looked worse. He said that it looked worse than what it actually was. It was more primentitive. But anytime you see a walking boot, it's I've been in a boot, so I know that.
Speaker 8: Let's see who else is on this list.
Speaker 7: Charles Harris did not practice, Matt Nelson, Bobby Price, Frank Ragnow. So, just a lot of guys on and off the board who are limited.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 7: The one thing that stands out to me though, a'm and Ross Saint Brown. He was kind of banged up last week with an angle injury. He has been full for the last two days.
Speaker 6: So did you say the center, Frank Ragno? Yes, you said he was limited.
Speaker 8: Frank Ragno, foot limited.
Speaker 6: It's important days when you talk about what they do well.
Speaker 4: The Lions run the ball.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they run the ball well, and that's the center, Like Frank is a big part of what they do in the power run and a lot of their pools.
Speaker 4: He's the lead. He's a lead blocker.
Speaker 5: Often, So that's something to take a look at and keep an eye on as well.
Speaker 8: They've got a couple guys on here on the line.
Speaker 7: So Taylor Decker did not practice yesterday, but he was a full participant today.
Speaker 8: Let's see who else.
Speaker 7: Matt Nelson a tackle he did not practice today. I know we talked a lot about the offensive line of the Lions yesterday, So yeah, you're right, definitely some important things to pay attention.
Speaker 9: And also when you're talking about a team that's tried their goal is to stay out of like third and seven plus territory, that is huge, especially when it comes to third downs to not having your center. Big yikes for the Lions.
Speaker 4: Well, particularly because that's been an area of strength for them offensively. Like we're not giving this Lions team a lot of credit heading into Sunday because they do have a one in four record, but if you look at the points that they can put up on the board, I mean in their losses. They put up thirty five points Week one, they put up twenty seven or thirty six points week two, twenty four points Week three, forty five points week four. This is a team that can score and then.
Speaker 8: When you can zero point the next week.
Speaker 4: They've got the number two high scoring offense in the league, which is crazy, third highest scoring offense in the league, eighth rushing scoring offense in the league, and that could hurt the Cowboys. I mean, their rushing d got exposed last week against the Eagles. Now you're dealing with a different quarterback in Jalen Hurts, but it's definitely an area that can exploit. Here's where they're getting killed defense. Yes, they are last in the league in total scoring on defense, last and scoring last in the rushing game. And so that brings me to our segment run or pass with Dak back under center. We keep talking about the reason why I think Mike was reluctant to give us the all systems go is because he kept talking about rhythm and timing are important. It's one thing to clear the medical hurdle, it's another to get the rhythm and timing back. And I would submit that it's a little bit easier for him this time around, just because, as he's talked about today, he's gone through the mental reps, he's been on the sidelines. It's a little bit different than like Tyron Smith hasn't been around here. I think that's gonna be a little bit harder, you know, for him and guys that have been away from the building.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: But Zeke was very boolish about the importance of this team doing what they've said they wanted to do the last two years. They want to be your run first offense. They want to establish and impose their will, and you do that by sustaining drives by running the ball. And even as he said, I love that Zeke keeps saying this because this speaks to the team camaraderie. It's not just Zeke that he believes is a guy that should run the ball, but also Tony Pollard. And so when we talk about simplifying the offense, Ayisha, when we talk about what Dak has seen from the sidelines, and we talk about helping establish that rhythm wearing down opposing defenses, do you see them leaning on the run, particularly when we look at how bad this Lion's defense is against the run.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I expect for them to lean on I hope they lean on the run.
Speaker 6: That's a smart thing to do.
Speaker 5: But I think with Dak in any passing situations, I would just do boots, waggles, little short stuff, getting him rolling out the pocket if he wants to.
Speaker 6: That's why I think he's one of the most comfortable. I think he's comfortable in the pocket.
Speaker 5: But early in his career when they did have a steady run game, you saw a lot of little quick gouts to the tight ends, little short.
Speaker 4: Stuff just to get him back in the groove.
Speaker 6: We get the ball, you know, out of his hands or whatever.
Speaker 5: And then from there, if they are steady with the run game, it's gonna open up the pass and I think that's gonna make it easier for some of this receiver cord that we've talked about is still finding an identity. I think that the run game is gonna help that and continue to help that because you've seen the big plays that come from play action. I think that's a big part of what Dak said that he saw on the sideline. It's like, hey, this begets this like this makes this open up, This makes this open up.
Speaker 6: So I expect for them to. They may take shots though.
Speaker 5: Like I honestly, I'm gonna be honest with you, Like the Lions, they can get wonky, they can do some stuff on special teams, they can trick you, they can do different stuff. And I think that this game may have more explosive and weird stuff going on than what we expect. Like it may not just be let's just run the ball, y'all just gonna go down the field.
Speaker 4: It might be like why they do that right there? I love that you just jogged my memory because there's so much sound as you're covering this team, right You've got Jerry Jones that talks to a week, You've got Steven Jones, you've got Mike McCarthy, and you've got all the players. But what Mike McCarthy said earlier in the week is this may be the toughest special teams that they face all season, as much credit as we've given.
Speaker 9: The ranked number two in the league special teams.
Speaker 4: So I just I think this is an area that, to your point, I think could be one of those. I don't want to say it's a trap game. I know it's an uncommon opponent, but I do think it's interesting that Mike McCarthy conceded that the reason why they didn't do a full practice yesterday and brought into the guys a little bit late is they wanted to get a jump on some of that and so I imagine Bones Fossil was in there as a special teams coach, giving them a little insight into how you defend against this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then last week, you know, with special teams and Bones talked about in his interview like they had a big return, you know, pull back because of penalties. I think they want to be better there. But field position was super important last week. It has been important all week. And when you're talking about winning time of possession and being able to move methodically down the field, like special teams is going to be important, Like where they're starting is going to help this offense regardless. So that's another element of this offense running the ball and being successful and Dad getting in a rhythm.
Speaker 6: Is that not pinning him deep?
Speaker 5: That's not a good way for him to start off coming back to this team.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think for sure you go with what's been working, and I think right now what's been working is the run game, especially coming off of a game like Zekad last week where he's kind of finally getting back to that iconic Zeke that we remember when he came out of college. So I think obviously you lean on that, you lean on Tony to your point, you know, like those chunk plays have been really big. Tony's touchdown still, to me, is the most impressive thing this offense has done all season, other than that Jake Ferguson two step, because that was so clean hit it. Yeah, But for me, you know, I came here from Miami, so I was covering the Dolphins and this reminds me of the conversation surrounding to in the off season was he didn't have any arm strength, he couldn't get the ball down the field. They signed, you know, Tyreek Hill, and they had Jalen Waddle and there was pointless because Tua wasn't going to be able to get them the ball. So what do they do the first game of the season, drops back and unloads a killer pass down the field to Tyreek Hill for like fifty plus yards. That's kind of the vibe that I'm getting, you know, from what Dak might do on Sunday, like why not, you know, like we haven't had those big plays from Cooper yet, so shoot, why not try it?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 7: That's me being optimistic, that's maybe the fan in me talking a little bit, But I could see something like that to where like again like, that's kind of the stuff that this offense has been missing, the pizzazz, the razzle dazzle, those big plays. And so I don't Dak if you're listening.
Speaker 4: I don't want them to razzle dazzle too much.
Speaker 8: No, right lately, not too much. I'm I'm with you though.
Speaker 4: In the sense that I think you want to establish your identity and set the tone of the game because that's what you've seen success. Yeah, when they score on the opening drive, well that's huge.
Speaker 9: And I think setting up for success goes in so many different variations that we've seen. Could have been the cowboys y fall if they hadn't won that game, and essentially was their downfall for the loss to the Eagles. You look at field position, you look at time of possession, you look at penalties, and and you know things that they kind of brought upon themselves in those ways. So I think setting up for success starts in many ways, but also establishing the run also establishes the play action which we know will lead to the passing game. So I think to your point about wanting some razzle dazzle, I'm the.
Speaker 8: Fan a little don't want you, like Jane said, yeah, just but.
Speaker 9: To come out of the gates and set the tone that Dak is back, I think is so important for the confidence of that entire team and and the offense because I mean, hey, they're coming off of a tough loss, and I'm not saying they're down. That is not the vibe that you're feeling in the.
Speaker 8: Lost Years practice on Wednesday.
Speaker 9: There are They're not. They're not down anyway. But to set the tone to say this is who we are, this is our identity, and we're back, I think that's huge, fright.
Speaker 5: I think that's I think that's another thing that's important is, like we talked about it at the beginning of the season, is like that they're putting good type out there, and this game, to me, with Dak under center is going to be important for future teams to like, because they haven't seen Deck since Week one, right like, and there are new toys right.
Speaker 6: Like, so it's like, let's see what they look like here.
Speaker 5: So I do agree that it's important for them to establish like, this is our identity, this is what we do, and for Okay, Shaw forgot like because I mean it is it's it is very like people very quickly forget that this offense is explosive. And granted you have lost an Amari Cooper or whatever the case may be, but it's like they still have guys. They still got guys, and I think it's important that they come out here and show that because the offense for the majority of this time has been very you know, it's been very normal.
Speaker 4: Very normal is the word I'm gonna use.
Speaker 6: It's been very normal.
Speaker 4: So yes, I love it. You know, Jimoon Clark is your pet cat mind's Michael Gallup, and so I love I love the Michael Gallup Dak connection, and we didn't get to see that week one, so I'm looking forward to see it in a week seven.
Speaker 8: I like that you said pet cat. I've never heard that.
Speaker 9: I think we all have a pet cat. Mine's definitely Cavante. Mine is definitely Cavante turping. So to see some possible Dak Cavante chemistry going on, that is something I would keep a very close eye out.
Speaker 8: So I'm gonna have to ponder my pet cat.
Speaker 7: I feel like they're I feel like they're all my pet cats because now I talk to them like they're all just.
Speaker 4: There's some likable cats. You've got to get to Danny Rogers taking time out of our day. She is the Detroit Lions beat reporter. As we said, we want to educate you on the opponent as much as possible as well, So we're gonna take our second and final break. This is Girl's Talk Voice Talk, brought to you by Jigsaw Dating.
Speaker 1: At Jigsaw Dating, we obviously want the Cowboys to bring that sixth ring home, but to be honest, we're more focused on finding the person who will put a.
Speaker 4: Ring on your finger. That's why we.
Speaker 1: Created a dating app that reveals your face through meaningful conversation so you can date deeper, because it's personality that matters the most, not looks. Join Jigsaw Dating Today, Dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 10: All right, PEPSI loving football fans, it's time we had a lesson in trash talk. And I'm not talking about that stuff that happens on the field. What I'm talking about is trash and it's the only thing that belongs in your garbage can.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 10: Recycling might not be as thrilling as converting up fourth and long, But next time you're thinking about throwing that Pepsi zero sugar bottle away, just cap it back up and pretend you're down by six with a recycling bin wide open. Know the difference, make a difference, be a team player, and recycle. Visit Pepsi trash talk dot com to learn more.
Speaker 11: It's Smoothie King's original Angel Food and New Angel Food Slim.
Speaker 4: Without added sugar.
Speaker 11: You no longer have to choose between treating yourself and hitting your goals this summer. You don't have to choose between great taste and feeling great because that's Smoothie King. Every blend made with whole fruits and no syrups, so you can satisfy your cravings without compromise. The only choice you will need to make is which one is best for you to my Our classic Angel Food or the New Angel Food Slim Blended without added sugar.
Speaker 9: Smoothie King Rule the Day.
Speaker 4: Welcome back to Girls Talk, Boys Talk, presented by Jigsaw Dating, the official dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys. But first, how about some live reads from Jess.
Speaker 9: All Right, well, we're talking all about single ticket games. Limited tickets for the remaining home games of the twenty twenty two Dallas Cowboys season at AT and T Stadium are available now. Visit Dallascowboys dot com, slash tickets or seageek dot com, the official ticketing provider of AT and T Stadium Cowboys Nation. We're gonna need y'all there to be very loud on Sunday in deep field advantage.
Speaker 4: Well, one of the folks we're excited to see in town on Sunday is Danny Rodgers. She's the beat reporter for the Detroit Lions who did an incredible job for us on NFL Network and are Better Together coverage, which is an extravaganza of all the training camps. So no one better to talk about this team than you, Detroita than you, Danny, So thank you so much for joining us. Let's get right back into it. We've been talking a little bit about offensively one of the best in the league, defensively one of the worst. What were they able to glean from the bye week That lends itself to maybe this team could be improved, particularly given the fact that they've got such a host of injuries.
Speaker 12: Yeah, this is all great questions. It all centers around that defense. And we heard from defensive coordinator Aaron Glenn today. That was the first day of hearing him from him since the bye week, and I can tell you that's the first time this season season he looks tired. Masical didn't really take a bye week, and that's what most of the coaches said that Yeah, we didn't play last week, but it didn't feel like a bye week because they were back to the drawing board trying to figure out what's dismantled against New England where they shut out the Lions and then put up twenty nine points on the scoreboard. The defense, so defensive wise, right now they are dealing with with one key injury there Charles Harris defensive end. He's a really good book end with the rookie aided Hutchinson, So we're not sure if we're going to see Charles Harris. He didn't play at New England. He hasn't practiced yet so far this week. But the defense, it's kind of kicking themselves in the foot. There's a lot of things that need to happen up front first, and it starts with getting pressure on opposing quarterbacks. I love what coach Glenn said today. Everyone hurts on the sacks and when I look at the Dallas defense, of like, yeah, sacks are all over the place, meaning that he leading the NFL a sacks coach Glenn though he's a secondary guy, he played in the secondary for about fifteen years in the NFL. He's looking for quarterback pressure that result in takeaways. So no matter how you look at it, stuff has to go on upfront. Things have not been cooking. There have been injuries, and the defense was really what was lagging behind coming into this season for the Detroit Lions. They haven't had they haven't made the stress they needed to. A couple of players were benched against New England. Ammani o'rouarier, who is considered a veteran in this league now in its fourth year, he was in he was a healthy scratch. So this this staff such a very clear message to this team that you have got to make this team better and contribute and compete at a very high level or you just won't play. So Sunday, we're still not sure what kind of Detroit lines defense we're going to see they've been mixed matching pieces, trying to figure out which scene works best with which personnel. So we're all kind of going to see together Sunday who's starting and who's not, and who's healthy and who's not healthy enough to get back in this in this ball game.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Danny, it's all so.
Speaker 5: I that's interesting that you say that, because when I listened to Mike McCarthy's press conference yesterday, he talked about, you know, kind of not you know, not counting out what they're going to which what the lines are going to be doing defensively, because and I think a big part of that is because, like you just said, there's so many different rotations, there's so many different guys in and out. I would assume that it's difficult to plan and scheme for those gentlemen because of that. I do want to ask you a question about Jamal Williams and uh and my baddies just slip my mind the other running back swift. Yes, Yes, I do want to ask about those two gentlemen. Are how are they looking and are you, you know, do you have a feel for what their progress has been this week as far as playing yeah.
Speaker 12: So Jamal Williams he is our workhorse. He's considered running back number two, but he really is that one two punch with running back DeAndre Swift. So Jamal's healthy, he'll be ready to go. He took a major. He's just most of the load. While DeAndre Swift has been that an ankle injuries, had a couple of injuries. He's will batten ling. So the other six actually sprang to his ankle in Game one against the Philly against Philly went on to play an interlimited role weeks two and three and shot out weeks four and five. So he has been practicing this week and we do anticipate him to play. I anticipate him to play anyway, so we'll have that one two punch. And I asked Dan Campbell yesterday, which is so I got to me was the one two punch? I Dallas has Tony Pollard and Azikil Elliott and He's like, yeah, I do think of them very similar to our one two punch in Jamal and DeAndre.
Speaker 8: Thank you, Danny, it's Hayley obviously.
Speaker 7: Today Dak kind of breaking the internet by an officially announcing himself as the starter for Sunday's game. Obviously, we'll get that confirmed tomorrow when we get to hear from McCarthy. But when it comes to preparing for, you know, a matchup, how is the how's the mentality been? How has the preparation been preparing for a Dak as opposed to preparing for a Cooper?
Speaker 12: Yeah? And I asked Coach Campbell this specifically yesterday while we were breaking down some films of the Cowboys, I was like, how different is it prepping for Dak, who saw some action in Game one, hasn't seen any yet so far this season, so you have very limited tape on him in this season. Yet he's still he's still a veteran in this league. And so Coach Campbell broke down a couple of scenarios of when he was in New Orleans and Miami of the quarterbacks that they had been prepping for, and about two out of three times when when quarterbacks came back, the starting quarterbacks came back from injury, you got their best game. There was one game one instance where it was a bad outing for a QB one coming back from injury. He said, look, we are going to prepare for Dak Prescott's best game of his career coming into this into this one, you just you can't not prepare in that fashion. So didn't give a whole lot to uh Cooper Rush. Although we uh we uh have a close connection with Cooper Rush. One of our our very challenged producers is his brother in law, which is kind of crazy to think. So we are, we're big Cooper Rush fans in the but but yeah, so so coach him on the team. They're preparing for Dak Prescott's best game despite the lack of time he's been on the field this year.
Speaker 9: Hey, Danny, it is Jess and we were just talking about the Lion's special teams and maybe how underappreciated they really are. They're ranked number two in the league. What do you think has been a key component to their success this season?
Speaker 12: Gosh, when you say ranked number two in the league, it's kind of surprising because right now the Lions are having some loads in the kicker position. Gosh, someone told us a stat today. The lines have gone through ten kickers since they released Matt pray Or and he went to Arizona for the Cardinals the Pro Bowlers, So that's kind of surprising. You say that there were no field goal attempts even at all. Against New England, Detroit went oero for six on fourth down conversion, so there are woes with the kicker position. However, Dave fit is one of the best special teams coordinators and I think a lot of NFL coaches would agree with me on this. He's one of the best special team coordinators in the league. He's very methodical. He will stand there talking to you for hours if you let him about the game and everything surrounding it. So you have a really good returner in Colle Raymond. You're gonna get another chief special teams guy, and Jerry Jacobs who's been out for the last year rehaving an apl he'll be able to come in and make an immediate impact here soon. But they take a lot of special they take a lot of pride and special teams. It's had, it's had some plays where it's really turned the momentum in games, which has been great to see. And they're just yeah, now they're looking for a setting four set field goal as well as as a kick returner.
Speaker 4: Now, well, Danny, I'm good on questions. Do you have one more? Aha?
Speaker 5: So you're just gonna say Jack Fox the punter also as well as a weapon. He can.
Speaker 4: Yeah, don't let me forget he tell you don't forget about him because.
Speaker 3: He all.
Speaker 12: I categorize him as TV number two.
Speaker 6: That's how important. Yes, you're right, thank you for that, very very good, Danny.
Speaker 4: Like I said, the one thing I'm so proud about this show that we do here, Girls Talk Voice Talk, is we have so many smart women talking football, and I always hope that the listeners don't fill a drop off when they're listening to men talk about the game or the women. But when I talk to someone like you and here you break down Detroit Lions, it's just it's so exciting. So thank you for taking the time. I know you've got a lot going on plus travel, so we hope to have you on here again. Probably won't be that soon though, since we've last saw the Detroit Lions back in twenty nineteen. But thank you so much for taking the time today.
Speaker 12: Thanks Danny, thank you, Thank you, guys. I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: All right, ladies, As we were talking to Danny Rodgers Hayley, we saw some breaking news as it relates to one of the offensive linemen.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Matt Lasco. He was the only player listed as limited today. He had a subluxation of his shoulder. It looks like it was suffered in training camp. According to Patrick Walker Upstairs, surgery has always been an option. So it's looking like he's going to have to have surgery on that shoulder, and his twenty twenty two outlook is not looking promising.
Speaker 6: I'm glad to getting over with.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna be honest, like my niece, I mean, I have experience here with this this and my niece had this exact injury for the majority of her collegiate career playing basketball, and like.
Speaker 4: She put the surgery off. She put the surgery off.
Speaker 5: And every time you do, it's just making it worse. So it's just like you might as well just go ahead and get it done. So I'm glad that he's just going ahead.
Speaker 6: And getting taken care of.
Speaker 5: So hopefully he can get back next year because we've seen some good things from him as that left tackle.
Speaker 1: Up left tackle.
Speaker 4: It's tough that offensive line.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: They just can't catch breaks this season, right, can't catch a break.
Speaker 7: Battle tested, I think is an understatement, no doubt.
Speaker 4: Well, like I said, at least I think the bright spot is this group has really been able to step up, you know. I think the one thing that stood out today is is Dak talked about the depth that they've been able to establish both offensively and defensively from week one to week seven. So that's some good news. Before we wrap up, I do want to go around the table, as I typically do. Who do you think is going to have a big performance with Dak back under center? I shall start with you, and then before I wrap we'll get to pass interference.
Speaker 6: Peter Tatt's is always me.
Speaker 4: You're right across from me. I just stare at you like it's so much pressure.
Speaker 9: Diamonds are made under pressure.
Speaker 6: Okay, well, I didn't want to.
Speaker 9: I won't be cliche.
Speaker 8: Say it.
Speaker 9: Do it.
Speaker 4: We're all waiting for it.
Speaker 8: Don't do it if you don't say it.
Speaker 7: Oh no, no, no.
Speaker 4: I think it's it.
Speaker 6: I think, like we talked about, I think it's important.
Speaker 5: This shows what he is with his number one and I hope that starts this week.
Speaker 7: All right, Yeah, I think the obvious answer is Dak Prescott. So I mean, I think we're expecting by him to Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, But if I'm digging a little deeper.
Speaker 7: I honestly, I want to say, uh, Michael Gallup, I think this is a really good opportunity for him to kind of remind.
Speaker 4: People Cat I did.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but I'm just excited for him to kind of get back into the stat sheet and get back to people remembering like, oh, yeah, that's right.
Speaker 6: That guy's kind of crazy. Yeah, he gets the ball in his hands exactly.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm gonna go with my pet cat. I'm gonna go with Cavante Turpin because I definitely think now that you have that stability in a QB one, you're going to start to see the chemistry really forming with these younger wide receivers and Dak and I think Cavante hopefully being integrated more into the offense. You're going to see that a little bit this week and then obviously through the progression of the season. But Cavante Turpin my forever pet cat, and I'm very excited to see what he does. And I'm I'm banking on one of these days, I'm gonna say he's taking it home and it's gonna happen.
Speaker 8: So I'm guaranteed it on Sunday.
Speaker 9: So he was very close.
Speaker 4: I actually thought of you, Jess. I was like, your your little pet cat there, little kitty cat.
Speaker 9: I meant to fight in the locker room today. I couldn't calle Kim. I couldn't find it in the locker room today. But I was gonna say, like, how much more do you want this? Because you were so close to it, So don't worry, y'all. Don't worry. My pet cat is going to take it home better than the black cat during the New York game.
Speaker 4: That we saw smaller than me when you stand Nextican like he is a small man, but small but mighty before we get to pass interference. I love that Danny brought up you know. I for me, a storyline that I'm going to be talking about on Sunday is what team are we getting as it relates to the Lions. I mean they're benching players in terms of healthy scratch, trying to send a message. I was bullish on the Lions when I watched Hard Knocks. I mean, Dan Campbell had me wanting to run through a freaking wall.
Speaker 8: Yeah I got to do it.
Speaker 4: And they go from averaging thirty five points per game and week five to a complete shutout, something that we haven't seen from an NFL team since Week eleven and twenty twenty, they get that break. But again, I just you know, the Cowboys can put points up on you and you've got this defense. Especially if the defense scores, this could get really ugly, really fast for Detroit. But we'll sort of see how that shakes out.
Speaker 9: Jess.
Speaker 4: How about a little past interference before we wrap this up?
Speaker 9: All right, but you also didn't answer who your player is.
Speaker 4: Why, said Michael Gallop?
Speaker 9: Oh, you're your pet cat.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's my pet cat.
Speaker 8: All right, we're going sharing a cat. We're sharing a cat.
Speaker 9: We love a good cat.
Speaker 6: Lady.
Speaker 9: Well, your past interference for today is the Cowboys have a fifteen eleven record against the Lions all time, and in that they average around three touchdowns per game. The largest lead that the Cowboys have ever won against the Lions was back on September fifteenth, nineteen sixty eight, where the score was fifty nine to thirteen. How I would love for that to be the score were and come victory Monday, we're talking about that kind of shut out.
Speaker 4: Could you imagine? Though, we're talking about a one and four team. Dak comes back and we're dealing with like one of those weird trap games.
Speaker 9: Jane not just saying nontoics.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you guys ever study like Marcus really, I always think, like what the worst possible outcome is, so that you stay prepared.
Speaker 5: The worst thing is them not being able to stop them running a ball. Yeah, so the Cowboys linebackers are definitely gonna have to come play because again, this this offensive line is very capable of moving people. They also have only allowed seven sex, so this may be a game to where you don't see a lot of sex, but you do see pressures or you just playing your assignment, playing your gap, and guys aren't getting passion.
Speaker 4: And on the Rember she did say your boy Charles Harris. The defensive end I think is it's just why I love having the I'm writing notes. I'm like, oh, that's good. I'll hone in on that. Not having Charles Harris there to sort of booking with Aiden.
Speaker 5: Hutches because Aiden is doing a lot by himself as a young player.
Speaker 9: And on the optimistic side of that, everybody this year is also.
Speaker 4: Dony optimistic all day.
Speaker 9: It could be a game that breaks the Lions and the Lions offense because you have a very hungry lion that is ready to eat, especially after what the Cowboys we have the mic drop. You're right, they got.
Speaker 6: Their opportunity to show they can that's the worry of a lot of people. Can they stop the run.
Speaker 5: This is a team that can run the ball, regardless of what you think, and they can show they can stop at this.
Speaker 4: I think the only thing that gives me a confidence is they weren't exactly out of it with Philly, and I think that's gonna be the toughest run team that they face all season.
Speaker 8: I just hope everyone has fun.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's gonna be fun. Are you going?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 4: You gotta go? You work words, ladies, Thank you for another fun one. I will be rejoining the show back on Wednesday and Thursday. You guys will have Christy Scales in here on Monday, hopefully talking a victory Monday. For those who've tuned in and for the followers that have stayed loyal, we appreciate you. We'll see you next time.
Speaker 2: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.