Speaker 1: He is drink chants, motherfucking podcast man.
Speaker 2: He's a legendary Queens rapper.
Speaker 1: He ain't agreed as your boy in O r E.
Speaker 3: He's a Miami hip hop pioneer.
Speaker 1: Up his DJ E f N.
Speaker 3: Together they drink it up with some.
Speaker 1: Of the biggest players, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: And the most professional unprofessional podcast and your number one source for drunk drink chans.
Speaker 1: Das New Year c That's it's time for drink Champions. Drink up, mother mother, what boy and R E one up his dj E f N and this mini simigrades you grow up Falcon make some of the We talk about legends, we talk about classics, We talk about this man has this man is that one of the most hon't We're gonna speak about everything, but he's been down yo.
Speaker 3: His His album right.
Speaker 1: Now is is fire like gonna lie Listen to this. I'm very impressed people don't take that time, that type of time off and still come and fresh. In case you don't know what we talk about, we talked about the one only.
Speaker 3: Stage.
Speaker 1: Be honest.
Speaker 3: The album's really really good.
Speaker 1: Bro got two albums, right, Lessons what is it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Lesson Never Losses and they stay ready, Okay, let's get into lessons and level losses.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: That's a big, big statement, right, and and most people they do they I mean, you.
Speaker 3: Know it's lost. It's in life, of course.
Speaker 1: But what this statement is saying, but by you saying that is like everything is if.
Speaker 5: It's if a lesson, if it's a lesson.
Speaker 1: Learning that loss, then it's not a loss. Okay, So how did you come up with that?
Speaker 4: I mean, it was just one of them things like like from from just the experience of being locked up, like you know.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying.
Speaker 4: It was like, yo, you know what I what I You know, first of all, I got my degree when I was in there, you know.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying.
Speaker 4: You know, I learned a lot about myself, you know what I mean. So it was kind of fitting when I came out and it was like, yo, what was you name?
Speaker 3: The album?
Speaker 4: It was like yo, you know it just it just happened like that, and it was like, yeah, that that's that's exactly how I how my life been headed, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: And you did this independent yeah, okay, well samples on there though.
Speaker 4: I appreciate you right now.
Speaker 1: Again, like I'm gonna listen to this album and like it's like when when when when when Sean came home?
Speaker 3: Like I felt like he lost a.
Speaker 1: Step, Like I feel like I feel like that takes away from you not being and being able to touch the world. But I'm listening and I can't see that with you, like I see it coming from you, bro, I'm dead serious, Like I'm not sitting here like I'm at all, Like I'm gonna sit here listening to both albums. I'm like, yo, So how what was you? You was rhyming in the can?
Speaker 3: You can kept?
Speaker 4: Yeah, ain't gonna lie. I definitely, I definitely was. It was like it wasn't really no point that I could say I stopped, you know what I mean? Like you know, lets you know how creative, you know, things don't flow sometime, but for the most part, like I always kept kept at it, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 3: What now?
Speaker 1: What you're laying music down in the can too? Is you're making music in there? Because now everybody got a studio.
Speaker 4: I don't know how they do, but from jail, I'm like, yo, but you know, I definitely did. I actually did lay something down over the phone. You know it was. It was kind of makeshift, but you know, dudes made it happen. It was like, you know, you you recorded and then like you know, dudes that go back and you know, kind of chop everything up, you know.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So we did record some stuff. I was kind of like when I came home, I was kind of the in the record mold, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean, right, And so did you have to like practice records or you went straight in and went straight straight, straight straight.
Speaker 4: To the booth I came home, Yeah, nah, I kind of I kind of was like already kind of season, like we had just did an album. We did an album in twenty twenty three, right like like right before I came home, a joint call influential, Okay from from there, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Look at that, Yeah, from you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: And then so coming So when I came home, I was kind of like like right with it, like you know what I'm saying. Like, So that was kind of how it was like kind of easy transition in a way, you know.
Speaker 1: Because obviously when you came you went away, it was on the hottest record label, like arguably on the planet.
Speaker 3: I mean.
Speaker 1: Was it was? It was it hard to come home and and transition into this this independent thing.
Speaker 3: No, I mean not really.
Speaker 4: I mean I had I had to add some good product production, you know, got me shout to Lean Brothers, you know what I'm saying, cover cover one in the in the Boys many They definitely helped help the process because you know, I was, like you said, I was used to a certain thing as far as music. But like before I went in, I mean yeah, actually before I went in, I was kind of already kind of like going you know, doing the independent thing, like you know what I mean, Like I was, you know, going through what I was going through, and you know, with the drugs and all of that.
Speaker 3: So it was it wasn't really like.
Speaker 4: I was doing the thing with Bad Boy like that at the time anyway, So I kind of knew what that independent life was like. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Somebody told me that that that you had a slight drug problem, but I never I never seen that. So was that you how did it? Or you over thinking that? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Not know, I mean you know, I definitely I definitely.
Speaker 4: Was was what you call like a functional kind of do it. I always kind of knew it. I had to do things I had and I had children, so you know, I always, you know, try to support myself type of thing, you know what I'm saying. So, you know, but you know I did. I did have a drug issue, you know. I mean, I got to admit that.
Speaker 3: You know, you had it when you went in you have to kick it inside.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I definitely I had. I definitely was, you know, still on drugs, you know what I'm saying. When I went in, you know what I mean, I was, you know, messing with that dust and all of that, you know what I'm saying. You know, so when I went in, it was kind of like, you know, it ain't no more dust, so here we.
Speaker 1: Go, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So, you know, and then it was one of them things where I kind of, you know, it was like all right, well, you know, what are you getting so high for now?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean. So gradually, you know.
Speaker 4: I kind of just kind of just stepped away from a lot of that stuff.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Well, and I imagine that the music was kind of because you said you continued writing and trying to make me music.
Speaker 3: It must have been therapeutic too.
Speaker 1: To tell yeah, hell yeah, hell.
Speaker 4: I mean, it wasn't like I was actually writing about anything, but it's just the energy that, you know that I had the exude to kind of do that stuff.
Speaker 3: It was therapeutic for sure.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you something. I'm not sure if you know. I go on black Twitter, right, it was the most negative place on it. I'm right this Twitter. I just I go to the nigga section, right, I'll give it they got a black The first day I see black Twitter, like be positive was the day you came home. That was the only time I didn't see people like so I'm looking for the hate. I'm looking for somebody liked, and I was like the first time. So I want to I want to ask you, do you do you feel the love from the streets, because the streets smuck with you, like genuinely happy you.
Speaker 4: Came home like I ain't gonna lie, Okay, I'm listening you felt that, Yeah, I ain't gonna lie, like like honestly I was. You know, I'm surprised as well, like you know, like like you said, I'm looking for it like then you know, but you know, brothers, I think I think you know it hit like a spiritual being and a lot of people you know what I'm saying, and dudes just related.
Speaker 3: They didn't relate when I first did it.
Speaker 4: Though, they were When I first myself in it was crazy.
Speaker 3: They was like like what, like you know what I'm saying, Yeah, like you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So especially being in there, you know what I mean, Like I had to explain myself. You know a lot of you know, the different you know, different times things of that nature, you know, and you know, after a while, it seemed like as time went on, you know, I would running the brothers and they used to be like, yo, I kind of understand where you're coming from, Like you know what I mean. Especially people that caught like you know, had like you know, kill people and killed have bodies and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: They can relate to whatever you were feeling that made you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Like a lot of people that didn't have that kind of situation in jail was like, yo, was like I don't understand, like you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I had to like, yo, listen, did you ever do something like that?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 4: Brothers just like well, nah, you know what I mean. So it was one of.
Speaker 1: Them things, and I mean, you know that that's that was something real honorable ship like like because like most people would have just let that go.
Speaker 4: And so was it was it guilt? I mean I think it was more like balance. Okay, you know what I'm saying. Balance, Yeah, like balance, like you know what I'm saying. Like I felt like, you know, I was blessed I had you know, I remember sitting at the table, I had my children around me, like I was like, you know what I'm saying, like you know, you know, survivor's guilt is crazy, Like you know what I'm saying, crazy, It's like damn you know, so that it was one of them things like you know, after a while, I started thinking like, yo, you know I should at least try to get that, you know, make it right in some type of way.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Do you do you huddle up with the family before you make that move and say this is what I'm about to do.
Speaker 3: With family talking about his family or his family.
Speaker 4: Well, I kind of, you know, spoke on it a little bit, you know, not not kind of right like at the time when I was doing it, but I had spoken you know, what if what if you know, what I'm saying, like, you know, you know, did this back in the days. What if I was just trained myself in for that, Like, what would you what would you think about that?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 4: You know, nah, you don't that's that's really you know, that's in the past and you know stuff like that. You know. So I was weighing my options for a while, you know.
Speaker 3: With your kids, you know, change everybody's life.
Speaker 1: If a friend step to you with that same thing, would you tell them.
Speaker 3: To turn myself?
Speaker 2: I probably would say nah, man, I don't think I'd be like, but again, like we could wouldn't understand what was weighing on them, you know.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, I mean I guess I guess. I guess you could. You had to, you had to be going through it, you know what I mean. You know, it's it's it's one of those things that like a lot of people say, yo, I don't you know, I don't know if if I could have did that, you know, I think if if you was in my shoes and the creative put that in your spirit, you might have did it too, you know what I mean. So you know, I just be like, I don't really know what to say to it at the time, I just I just you know, I just tell them it's my.
Speaker 1: Experience in your past. Yeah, that's the most honorable ship I've ever heard of my life. Bro. You know, a lot of a lot of people would have took that and just lived their life, you know what I'm saying. And just like and you you were on you have a record deal, Like it's like in retrospect, I can see I can see you and look at you and just tell your honorable person.
Speaker 3: But still that's it.
Speaker 1: That's that takes an honorable person to admit that, and I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: It was hard though, I know, I couldn't be.
Speaker 4: I never when I when I was walking into the precinct, I was like, I don't believe you doing this, Like I'm telling myself that, you know what I mean, Like yeah, it was like you know what I'm saying. It's like another person talking to to me, like yo, you know. But I was like, you know, it was just something that I had to do.
Speaker 1: Man. Well, and I imagine, like I know, jail is a tough period, but I imagine like a lot of people in the system gave you love for that, like get you, like I'm asking, Yeah, yeah, yeah, it was.
Speaker 4: It was kind of like, you know, I had a different situation, a different experience in there because of that. You know, it was kind of like people were like, that's you know alone, like you know what I'm saying, Like it is what it is, bro, you know. And then you know, I was already kind of you know, in that in that vein like in that you know, going down that path being locked up a lot, you know what I mean, because I was like, you know, out there, you know, getting arrested for just you know, just all types of shit.
Speaker 3: So I was like, can I curse something.
Speaker 4: Like so yeah, you know, yeah, so you know, dudes, dudes had I wasn't like kind of a stranger to being locked up like I had just did like a bullet like about two years before that and all of that.
Speaker 3: So you know, me being in there.
Speaker 4: Was kind of like like almost normal.
Speaker 2: Dudes like, yeah, that's that, and it might have you never knew, it might have saved your life in another way that you don't even know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I believe, so, y'all. Wasn't I was going nowhere fast? Yeah, I was like, you know, everything was kind of just like a desperate, uh, you know, attempt at trying to you know, achieve or get back to something that you know wasn't there, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Now, one thing that happened while you was away was the passion of Black Rob. And I didn't realize how close y'all was. Did you get on through Black Rob? The Black Woman put you on? Then you signed the Bad Boy? Yeah that's how it happened.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, Or it was like kind of my bro my bro knew him.
Speaker 3: You know, he was from the same neighborhood.
Speaker 4: But I actually, yeah, all right, I'm like like a block away from him, you know what I mean. But I never actually met him. I knew he, I knew he signed.
Speaker 1: And all of that.
Speaker 4: Oh you never met Black Now, I had never met him, you know, prior to that, you know what I mean. And then my man knew him, my man Pooker Broxy, he knew he was like yo, yo, he let Rob here one of the tapes I had demo tape joint and he was like, yo, Rob, He's like yo.
Speaker 3: He wanted to meet you and all of that. One of them things. I was like what.
Speaker 4: And one day he came and got me Likeyo, Rob up the block. You know what I'm saying, you wanted to meet you just come through. I came up, came up the block, and he was just like, Yo, you know I used to tell you. Yeah, so yo say y'all want you on my album? I was like, this is the first day meeting. Yeah, first day meeting. You're a good dude. Yeah, Like and I mean telling brothers that, like his heart was like tremendous day. He wasn't one of them dudes that like gate keep anything. Like he'd be like yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Like that was just how he was like.
Speaker 4: And that's what he did for, you know, for me with with the album, Like he was like, come on down, you know on the album.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I got on the album and it just so happens. The album was in nineteenety nine. Yeah, the life story Training cool, so.
Speaker 1: Hard.
Speaker 4: Pierre happened to be there that day and then you know that was how I want get shigned.
Speaker 1: Okay, well.
Speaker 3: Special Delivery, Little Wayne Yeah did it over?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Where was you at when you found out that Little Wayne did it over? And this is argusly one of the biggest artists in the world hell yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean I was I forgot, I know, I know, somebody pulled up and was like, yo, yo, Wayne, did you joint over man?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And I'm like, I'm like what you know?
Speaker 4: Then when I heard it, you know, I felt some kind of way at first though, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I was like we all do all do when someone saying, well, first a little bit better say I was.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, I'm like, damn, like why would he you know, like it was a single, Like you know, you could have picked anything, you know what I mean, This is my single, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: But then like.
Speaker 4: I'm like, I'm like, yo, so like I could see you take somebody like kind of album cut, you know what I mean, but like this was my actual single that you made his single as well. But then I thought about it, you know what I mean, And didn't you think about like history.
Speaker 3: Of hip hop like dudes do it all the time.
Speaker 4: And I was just like I dawned on me, like a exactly like how many times people in a sample Big Daddy came.
Speaker 3: Ain't no half stepping.
Speaker 1: But you know what I mean. You know what I don't like is like when they take the record and they make they make it what it wasn't.
Speaker 3: Supposed to be.
Speaker 1: Like I had a record that I dedicated to my father.
Speaker 3: Of course sometimes that.
Speaker 4: Was my joint.
Speaker 1: So a couple of people, don't want to say, a couple of people sampled it and they made the record kind of like happy, and I was like, this record wasn't meant to be happy, Like this is a record.
Speaker 3: About my father.
Speaker 1: So that's really when I really take it personally, when they take the record like something like that.
Speaker 3: So personal.
Speaker 1: My father was the reason why I loved Wayne and the reason why fun we went because Wayne didn't band from TV over twice that seriously, but he keeps it like that. He keeps it up that alley where it's respect us. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: You can tell he's an artist.
Speaker 1: Artist.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, I understood it.
Speaker 4: As time went on, I was like, you know, shout out, shout out, d Wayne Man.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: But I was like, yeah, at first, I was like, what have you seen Wayne since you've been home?
Speaker 1: Nah? I wonder what a g dep in? Little Wayne recommend sound like it sounds like so you know you're not drinking. But we we got a game called qick time with give us flowers, manos, come on, my mother had well officer was about giving people they flowers so they could smell them. And bro, this is long overdue. We wanted to give you your flowers. Your face you.
Speaker 4: Whoa, I never get over you.
Speaker 1: Know.
Speaker 4: Hell, yeah that's better than so yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 1: Well, we needed to resonate. The drinker could do sunning. You can do his man what I meant.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, he man.
Speaker 3: Don't get it.
Speaker 4: It is long dirty a little yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, it's crazy New York City. You could smoke on.
Speaker 4: Parole, but you can't drink on Hell it's crazy and they and they like it really come get you, like, yo, you're drinking. Ain't playing chance many I'm not playing. The other day the other day, I.
Speaker 1: Jumped out the cars and New York obviously right, I jump out the car, and I walked right into dispensively right, and I bought. But and I just really thought to myself, how many times did I get arrested doing the same exactly like you had to be bugging when you came home.
Speaker 3: You still I'm still everywhere they will be bugging. Bro, I'm like yo, like that she is unheard of, Like that was like a little.
Speaker 4: Richeal, you know, from the police, and now they're like yo over. That's just crazy to me, man. But you know, it is what it is. It's not legal down here.
Speaker 3: It's approved.
Speaker 1: But I think Trump took that away from y'all from Yeah. Now, yet during the process of doing they stopped the recreational here. Yeah, so it's only medical.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, no, it's just medically yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, but it was on the ballot this year. Yeah, they're gonna make it.
Speaker 1: Took that out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, all right, quick time with slime.
Speaker 1: We're gonna give you.
Speaker 3: Hold yeah, what what you're drinking?
Speaker 1: Tequila?
Speaker 3: No tequila or tequila? You said, oh tequila, We got it. We're gonna give you two choices.
Speaker 2: You pick one, we're not drinking, you say, basically, you don't want to answer.
Speaker 3: You say both are neither. Then we all drink.
Speaker 1: You're not, he's drinking.
Speaker 4: Okay, So one's got two choice.
Speaker 1: Really, this is just bringing up names and stories.
Speaker 2: Okay, but if you pick one, like we're gonna say this person or this person, and you pick one, you're not drinking.
Speaker 1: Nobody's drinking.
Speaker 3: But if you don't want to really answer, be.
Speaker 1: Like both neither of them.
Speaker 3: We all drink, got to drink.
Speaker 1: You don't answer if you made the question, we're drinking and these guys write it over there. Yeah, that's them they're doing. It's not us. That's the cocaine session the Dominican in Colombia right right there, they do this, not a coca.
Speaker 3: Okay, Max B or Jim Jones.
Speaker 4: I had to say, I'm not I'm not too familiar with with with Max B's like catalog is as as Jim, so I would have to say, gym on that that's fair.
Speaker 1: Camera Mace, camera, Mace.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I ain't gonna do.
Speaker 3: You go.
Speaker 1: By the way, that's that's correct answer. That's the kill. What is that? Yeah? That was math fast. That was that was quick time with since we drinking and.
Speaker 3: M hm, yoh yeah.
Speaker 1: Sockey is really like a you have to do this with a with a partner. You can't drink socky by yourself. But I broke the rules already.
Speaker 3: You're pouring into your freezer to cheers.
Speaker 1: My bad.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, drink black raw or big al black wow, but big Al I like I like like I like you damn Yeah, rest in pizza, rest in piece of black Wow, rest in piece of big Al. I had to say, I'm gonna go with my bro man black Wow Man.
Speaker 2: Give her, give her interact with big l Yeah.
Speaker 3: I definitely, definitely. I met him a few times. That was it was cool. Quiet dude, just you know, just come do his do his.
Speaker 1: Work, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: We never looked like hung out. I met him in a few studios. It's like I always ran into him in the studio.
Speaker 3: Sorry, sorry to cut you off.
Speaker 1: So, but that had to be a shocking experience too, because when you went away, we all had to be in the same studios together. Now, motherfucker could just throw you send your record. What's that shocking for YouTube?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, but it was kind of like it was just where stuff was headed, like you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Like you knew it was headed that way the director.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because when I left, I left, I left when they you know, still I had an iPhone and all of that, you know what I mean, So I understood how compact things was going, you know what I mean. Like I used to I used to go to the I used to go to the studio with the with the ps member when PSP's first came out, and so I would like like like kind of upload the beats to the PSP. Like I was kind of on to the technology, you know what I'm saying. So I kind of knew that stuff was starting to get to be you know, like it was going it was going there, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: But it's still amazing to me. I love it.
Speaker 1: Technology. Motherfuckers really can make a whole album on the phone now, Like beats recorded everything on the phone.
Speaker 3: You don't even any people because they could do it all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, seesion for you.
Speaker 3: Kiss or push your tea.
Speaker 4: I had to say kiss, okay, Harlem World or dip set, Hall them World or dip set.
Speaker 3: I don't know, man, I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's a shot. So you're saying both.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm saying both. Yeah, Hall them World.
Speaker 1: That's that.
Speaker 3: That was masing up. That was Mason Loan, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Uh, Well he got up two shots, right.
Speaker 4: Sugar Jay and all of them shout the shout, the blinky blinking all them what no rough riders a Rockefeller rough riders a Rockefeller Jamie. I had to say, I had to say rough Riders. I know I know them, you know, I know them personally, you know what I mean? So ready to die or life after death, Life after death.
Speaker 1: And you got to meet big Big right, Nah. Iin't get to meet bay Na. Nah.
Speaker 4: I've seen him one time in the tunnel before before I got the and all of that, like just like not not really performing, but he was just kind.
Speaker 3: Of just chilling. He was like, that's that bigg Schwans doing.
Speaker 1: He was dumb tall. I was like, man, that's funny.
Speaker 3: He's just him And I was like, why he don't have security?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 1: I was so shocked not having security to be in one of the toughest clubs.
Speaker 3: In the world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hell yeah. He was like yeah, yeah. It wasn't like no club. Yeah. He was saying, you sex, bathrooms.
Speaker 4: It was just like just like God of this case, David.
Speaker 1: You can tell they're trying to give you all them questions. Yea.
Speaker 4: As the fact, Dave Evado, I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go with the bro Davis Man. Nas or l L you know that was the Queen's question.
Speaker 3: To Long.
Speaker 4: Uh now you said NASO or l L. I ain't gonna lie l l kind of uh uh kind of was one part of my you know, my experience of getting into one to rap and all that. So I'm gonna have to say, oh man man really hell yeah, el Fan, I ain't gonna lie hell yeah yeah hell yea. Early I was like, Yo, this kid is Elis Man.
Speaker 1: I can see that, I can see, I can see you come home. Or hell yeah, wu tang or public enemy mm hmm. I had to go. I had to go with pe on that.
Speaker 4: Fight, the Power Baby fight, the.
Speaker 3: Power Rock came a big daddy king Damn not might I'm taking the shop every Damn I don't know.
Speaker 4: I had to say both that one. Well, yeah, I have to say both too. Odor Curtis blow.
Speaker 1: Comod Man come from Harlem to right.
Speaker 3: Yeah one twittery nice street com.
Speaker 1: We uh talk about the Wild West Haul.
Speaker 3: That's what that's why.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's just like the West Sideways.
Speaker 3: Thinking that, I mean, we would know I noth from here.
Speaker 4: We wouldn't even know, right, But he had to He had the Cowboys. Yeah you wouldn't know that too, Pa Easy. I had to go with Pok on that one. I never met Parking, No, I met Biggie. I never met Park, Yeah, I would have loved that met him. He another one I've seen in the tunnel really yeah. Yeah. It was like it was it was just it was ill because like you know how the tunnel had that some steps. Okay, yeah, so you walking in no like a like kind of towards the back going to the bathroom.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, okay yeah.
Speaker 4: So so I'm on the top of the steps and I'm just like, I'm like, who the hell is that? Like you got the red jacket on with the ball head.
Speaker 3: This is when they was filming above the room.
Speaker 4: So he was in town and so like I'm looking, I'm like, yo, who they You can see like females following him and all that.
Speaker 3: I'm like, yo, who the hell is that?
Speaker 4: Like I'm looking, And then he got at the ball and then so it was a little closer and I could tell it was him. And then like it was just like they was just on his body, like they was like trying to grab him. He kept like that and all I could see is like him just kept turning around. I was like, damn, I get popped. It was like beides like he was just he was just walking through the crowd and then he just like he went to the ball like they was just like trying to I guess they was trying to get his autograb with something.
Speaker 3: He was that guy son ain't gonna lie biz Mark here o dB.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go with it. I'm gonna go with the Bismark on that one.
Speaker 3: There's some piece of boat.
Speaker 1: I think ODB would go to Bismark with that one. He would pick biz he wrapped or cars one. This is its gotta be tough. Yeah, that's tough.
Speaker 4: I got I gotta go with both fore now Yeah, trying to get it, trying to get mob Deep drink you're not drinking holdok, I ain't drinking neither hold on because I like it.
Speaker 3: The next one I was, you were like you wanted to beat me to no no, no no.
Speaker 1: I just like that.
Speaker 4: Mom Deep that he's some hard question. I ain't gonna lie man mob Deep.
Speaker 3: But m O p.
Speaker 4: M.
Speaker 3: That's gonna have to take another shot.
Speaker 1: Clips or or e p M d mm hmm e p m d okay, spell ye Rocky on a sap for.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go with the original man a Rocky in that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I ain't gonnat a sap, my man, my homie with the Ballymena slippers you had on this out of the day.
Speaker 3: I almost disclaimed he had the ball.
Speaker 1: Somebody pull that up. That's my friend.
Speaker 3: I love him.
Speaker 1: Hell, that's the drink, his Canadian whiskey, do everything. But those slippers had me hurt.
Speaker 4: Damn.
Speaker 3: It was not cool with that. You know I'm talking about you see it? And they read too like like like he was like, Darthy, I'm Darthy like that ship.
Speaker 1: I'm going back to.
Speaker 3: Kansas, that ship.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: That's why I was. I looked, I was almost texting.
Speaker 1: I was like, I was texting him. I was like, none, none of this is gonna come off good. Just let this go, let this go.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, no, that's seriously oh nah, all of that.
Speaker 2: It's really the dory. Maybe he's on the Michael Jackson sip.
Speaker 1: And you know what's so crazy about Sam. I'm gonna give him the past. I'm gonna give him the past because in two years from now, I think people are going to be rocking these. They'll follow him, hopefully, hopefully they'll follow him.
Speaker 3: But me personally, I am not.
Speaker 1: Not on this one, you bro the troopers, but there's no condition. Is this Harlem the Hallow hallm disclaimed him immediately? This is not Hall.
Speaker 3: Them not playing Harlem for that.
Speaker 4: Those is like just basically like shoot, like they look like shoes, Like I'm just asking.
Speaker 3: They look like the jelly knives one on the left is not the same one he's wearing.
Speaker 1: They did him dirty. Oh, you're right, but it's two different.
Speaker 3: It's more like lowers like loafers, but.
Speaker 1: It's closer straight up, Dorothy, Right, you're right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they got dirty.
Speaker 1: Shoe and you can't really see it. Good.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, okay, there's no pass for that, damn.
Speaker 1: But you gotta be honest. So fucking yeah, I guess. I guess going crazy, But like that paying him for a New Jack City.
Speaker 4: Paid him full or New Jack City? That's tough, man, that's both Hallow them to hell. Yeah, well Jack was call them too. I'm gonna go with New Jack City.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: It's my favorite question of all loyalty or respect?
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. That's a question's favorite one. That's a great question.
Speaker 4: I would have to say, I would have to say respect.
Speaker 1: I would have to say respect. I'm gonna take a shot. You're gonna say both both, because loyal loyalty is like.
Speaker 4: That you can respect somebody and kind of not be loyal, like you know what I mean, Like you know, it's kind of respect. It's kind of more more blanket. It's like more of a blanket broader statement, you know what I mean. Loyalty is kind of specific, right, you know, but they both kind.
Speaker 1: Of I always say that's strong. That's the only time in this whole program that you're supposed to say both, because I feel like it goes hand in hand. That's me, Yeah, that's me personally. It does. Give me another shot, though, give another shot, Give another shot.
Speaker 3: Before he walks.
Speaker 4: Off that shippy man though Stay Ready album.
Speaker 1: And that was like he killed it, Yo.
Speaker 4: Appreciation yo, listen like one of the producers, hell any any any on one of the songs.
Speaker 1: Okay okay okay yo. Bro, I'm I'm not gassing you. I appreciate it. Like listen, bro, we be here listening to other people's music and we harrified, like before people come in, what did we tell this guy.
Speaker 3: About his album?
Speaker 1: Like yes, ship yo, that ship I was really really impressed and and the fact is like, I'm not gashing you like because.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm listening to your cas I'm listening.
Speaker 1: To your breath control. I'm listening. I was like, he had to keep rhyming, he had to keep y like you didn't take like it shows and and and by the way, if you ain't got these albums, you need to go get these albums.
Speaker 4: This is this is dope. Jesus, I ain't gonna lie. I would love this. I would love to get it. Collaborate with Let's go, let's go, come on, come on.
Speaker 1: The retirementiate Tim the first left to me the first t other day in the shower. It was weird. Sometimes got it. Sometimes something would hit me and I smoke so much. But I have to write that ship down immediately. So I had to write. I had to write. I wrote a whole fucking rhyme in the shower. But it was like weird because because I kept not getting my phone wet.
Speaker 3: But I was like, so I was out.
Speaker 1: I was like, if my wife walking at any point, I'm gonna look crazy.
Speaker 3: In the phone.
Speaker 1: I felt it, so I just hurried up.
Speaker 2: But hold on, one thing we didn't have on the list, Major versus indie now that you've experienced both.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I ain't gonna lie you see. You see, I'm still getting used to the indie life, you know what I mean. You see how you know certain things, certain things, you know what I mean, You like like just for instance, just me being lazy just now, like trying to handle everything. You know, it's kind of you know, it's a lot, you know, and you kind of you know, long for the days where you could just be an artist and just like we all the hats like, you.
Speaker 3: Know, he's playing it the right way.
Speaker 1: So I always always, I always say major right, and you could relate.
Speaker 3: I relate.
Speaker 1: There's nothing like being on a major label like at that height.
Speaker 2: That height now I know, and when you're that artist, because you could be on a major label and be that is the low end of that list and they're not treating you this.
Speaker 1: That's the emotion, you know what correct said. But when you are that guy being on bad Boy compares to nothing. I'm just letting you know. I remember seeing that bad Boy trained like and that ship.
Speaker 4: It definitely definitely trained you. I mean, spoil you.
Speaker 3: Listen. I'm not gonna lie to you. If the go from that like me.
Speaker 1: It was fucked up for me because I was wrong Penalty Records. Penalty was actually an independent that was signed to a major that acted as a major. That was an independent, it was a major independent. So was fucked up about me. And in the situation with me was I had to make it to a certain extent for that budget to actually open, because that makes sense. So I had to so see y'all, yah, y'all, spoiler man, y'all. But we had to, like we had to make a certain amount for the major to start acting. So coponin Noriega's whole first album was independent.
Speaker 3: It wasn't.
Speaker 1: It didn't. It didn't get picked up by Tommy Boy. Took like two hundred and fifty thousand units, which took us a long time.
Speaker 3: I love talking.
Speaker 1: To to people like you because we experienced that that like right now, like as you said, you would land somewhere.
Speaker 3: You know, we used to have street wraps.
Speaker 2: I worked, I worked, I mean I worked, I worked your records.
Speaker 3: My boy boys, he was on the street team.
Speaker 1: Remember you don't You don't remember when you used to land there used to be a street rep who will actually pick you up. The whole street team oh yeah, street teams I love. So when I went to I'm gonna tell you, when I went from Nash, I complain, I gotta pay for my own car. I gotta I gotta swipe my crack like yo.
Speaker 2: So remember remember what you're giving up through his ownership. You know sometimes it I mean, I'm just saying that. I mean, as long as you're willing to give it up. But that's what you're giving up at.
Speaker 3: The end of the day, is the owners the catalog.
Speaker 1: It's like me and Ma and dep was just saying, a lot of us never had ownership in the first place. So when a person samples your record, that's why you said at first he was like yo.
Speaker 3: A lot of the times when.
Speaker 1: People sampled my records and it's the records that I didn't own, I actually get nothing out of that. All I get is a look and a shout out. I don't want to shout out of the look.
Speaker 3: But you were never really independent, That's what I'm trying to say. Yeah, that's that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So that's the reason why when you got people like us and people sample us and they don't, they don't have to clear it through through like I found out my record was on Entourage in the movie theater. Damn, that's fucked up. You're being nice to be saying that. Still, that's fun up, bro. Like I literally was like, oh ship, And people turned around they looked at me, and it was like, oh, you wasn't going to tell us? And I was like I didn't know, Butal didn't call me. They cleared it through par Real all has owner of the label.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this was it, super dog.
Speaker 1: Remember the producer automatically only fifty percent.
Speaker 2: Automatic, not of the master, and the masters will need to be cleared for the for that license. Well whatever, unless he made an l deal from the beginning that he wants a part of the master, which is which which at that.
Speaker 1: Time he was he was eventually later because you remember, you gotta remember that catalog was sold so like so like like you might like you might bad boys, catalog was so so that's what was so fucked up, Like my catalog and your catalog, Like if if they sell it, you have to deal with a whole nother different regimes, people that you never you didn't make.
Speaker 3: The records with.
Speaker 1: Artist artists, Get your ship together, own your masters.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Also, I say everybody got to be on a major for one album.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for one album.
Speaker 2: Got the best way to be on the majors be independent, successfully independent. Then you can go and make the deal with the major as an independent where you keep your ownership and now you just use the machine versus the other way around.
Speaker 3: When you come in fresh, they take advantage of everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Hell, you definitely learned.
Speaker 4: Learn you learned being a major, I mean being independent after being in a major, definitely, Like because it's stuff now that I'm like, I kind of like like I kind of like got a new respect for majors, Like you know what I'm saying, Like damn and the money they was putting up the.
Speaker 3: Time, Like you know what I mean, Like you know how when.
Speaker 4: You finished the album, like with The Lessons Never Lost, is I kind of put that together, you know, independently, so you know, typing up the lyrics, copyrighting everything, registering, registering it on.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: Was like I was like, that's why it's hard to recruit, because they say, look at all that we had to pay for lawyers, more cleric team, the publishers.
Speaker 1: I told you what time I paid for a billboard that I never saw. Well, you know that was the other hustle too. Oh damn, you're telling me they got me the market.
Speaker 3: You know the market It was a thousand, but everybody was going on you guess them, you guess them.
Speaker 1: Everybody gave us so much money at that time. There was so much money and it was an era that was it ever?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Do you do you.
Speaker 1: Do you believe that that era, like what's your favorite era of hip hop? Well, do you believe this is the golden years? From nineteen ninety nine to two thousand and nine?
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, I believe so too. I believe.
Speaker 1: Again faced out nineteen ninety nine, like that era Lace ninety nine to two thousand and nine. Okay, I believe that that's one of the golden eras. I want to say ninety eight because my album came out in ninety eight, but I could stretch it out. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think everybody has their own golden eras for sure, like yeah, yeah, that is an eraror for sure.
Speaker 4: As far as especially as far as like making money, like it was like like the industry was like a like a cash cow.
Speaker 3: That was money in the industry.
Speaker 1: Now, I ain't gonna lie. I remember seeing you black Raw and I remember seeing y'all perform in Jersey. Hell yeah, I remember I was just watching y'all. Y'all tore that ship down, like describe to people because this is the one thing you had.
Speaker 3: Monsters though, but.
Speaker 1: For you, right, because people don't understand we were hustlers back then.
Speaker 3: Right now.
Speaker 1: I hate to say that, like back in my day, Like I hate to sound like the old guy, right, but we can actually live over one record. We could have one record and live, but we knew how to perform, We knew how to have these. Describe people what having a hit record is, because I I can't like I can't like tell a person who's never had a hit record, like, yo, how good of a feeling this?
Speaker 5: It's like describe to the Yeah, it's like when you when you when you got when you play Mario Brothers dress and you hit that brick that this ship just like.
Speaker 1: That's what.
Speaker 3: That's what having a hit records like, don't it just don't.
Speaker 4: Stop like you get it's just that you get like constant gratification, like you know what, that's the word.
Speaker 3: That's kind of what it's like, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Crazy, It's like you hit that break, that magic break they.
Speaker 1: Always say like they always say that that crackheads chased their first high, like the first time that they got high. If you're artists, you for the rest of your life chase that hit record again. Don't give a fuck who you are, don't give before how much money you got. It's one of the most phenomenal feelings ever in life, like and like just being able to go to a club, see somebody look at you and know that they know every word to your fucking record. It's one of the most phenomenal things ever in life, man, And I hope everybody could experience that once in their life. Like it's beautiful man, and especially this that era, that that that we were in. So now it's also that famous clip, right even though they heard heard you say that his son's called you and pulled up on you.
Speaker 3: Oh for when the day the day we went we met.
Speaker 1: That five, I felt that five when you're I was like, hell yeah, but I want to commend you. And I'm gonna tell you why I want to command you. You couldn't fake that five.
Speaker 3: That five when kept going like this, it was good to see the broad.
Speaker 1: That's real love. Break there like we always get it. We always get the bad side or did it? That's what people always say. And I love what you said. You said, I believe I forget really said this stuff. She was like, I don't know that, Like the bro, it wasn't like that to me. I say that ship and I look crazy when you said that. Everyone believe you.
Speaker 3: But so yeah, I peep that too.
Speaker 1: That was that was a dope moment, Like, so what was that moment?
Speaker 3: Like for you?
Speaker 4: It was more, it was just it was just a genuine moment like seeing somebody you haven't seen in a while, Like you know, I couldn't think of I couldn't think you know, I couldn't really think of like you know, you know, like kind of put the politics and all that, like I couldn't even think that way with them, Like you know what I mean genuine.
Speaker 1: I did said earlier, like I admire you, bro, Like you know what I'm saying, Like, like I admire you, bro, because it's like I don't know if you knew what you did at that moment, but you you first off, the internet is broke, oh ship gee up and is together and Harlem like yeah, but it was it was I can tell it was so genuine coming from you.
Speaker 4: You know, we were kind of talking before that, Like it wasn't like that was the first time.
Speaker 1: They hollered him. Was like, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So, you know, I had I had spoke to him like probably about a week or so after I came home and we was been trying to get up.
Speaker 1: He was like, Yo, I want you to come down here. I want to see the tweet outs like let's work or something like that. Yeah, well, yeah, yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Hit me up and Stevie J contacted me, Oh you want to hoigher at you you know, we spoke FaceTime a few times, you know what I mean. And so then that that day was just one of the days they was in town, you know, and kind to find out that's why he was in town.
Speaker 1: Because you got to you know and all that stuff.
Speaker 4: So you know, that was kind of like, you know, we was already kind of like in the line of you know, you know, messing with each other and all that. So when you know, when he came through, it was just like shut like, you know what I.
Speaker 1: Mean, I heard you say, I heard you describe that moment as he was regular.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like, yeah, it's super regular man. He was like, yo, so what you want to do. I was like, you don't got nothing to do? I was like hell yeah. I was like what you mean. I was like, yo, all right. So he was like you won't get me saying to eat it something. I was like, yeah, you know what I mean. And then we just went and he was like all right, and then like we just went. We were just riding around all of them, like then we went up there, we shot around to uh. We was trying to go to see Dougie Fresh real quick to find him. So we like shot down the West Side highways like super regular. I'm riding around and the Phantom is so crazy with the stars and the like you fresh out Hell yeah yeah, it just you know, it was regular man.
Speaker 1: So now I'm gonna ask you. First off, the man is not guilty, right, he's not guilty, But did you ever think ten years ago, fifteen years ago that he would be in jail?
Speaker 4: Hell no, that's that's that's just crazy to me. That's just crazy to me.
Speaker 1: Like I was even saying this like that, it seems like we're playing around.
Speaker 4: That's the fact, like it used to it was like it was like he was he was the scapegoat to like just snap on, like.
Speaker 1: Yo, this is crazy.
Speaker 3: He's just been this. He's just out of his mind.
Speaker 4: But you never would think he was really getting locked up, Like you know what I'm saying, Like that was the firstest thing from out of my mind, Like you know what I mean, like regardless or whatever, you know, you know, he was a high strung dude, you know what I'm saying. But I didn't, like I would never think he would be locked up.
Speaker 1: What's the plans? You're opening your own label? What you're gonna do? What we're doing?
Speaker 3: I mean I do. I do have the label.
Speaker 4: I started the label when I was when I was locked up in twenty twenty three. About call them black market black market group recordings, you know what I'm saying. So that's because you know, when you put out stuff on the DSPs, you gotta you gotta put it through a label.
Speaker 3: You don't want to know that, Yeah, like you gotta.
Speaker 1: You can't just be You can't put.
Speaker 3: Your name yourself victor and just throw out your record.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you can't. And then you right, so you can't just upload the iTunes on your own.
Speaker 4: You gotta go through the incorporated distribution site like dis your Kid or two Empire.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, I know that, yeah.
Speaker 3: Lomanati.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people that.
Speaker 4: Got illuminized what I'm saying, and people that got like a name, like you can see how like if they do things on their own, it's a lot to do.
Speaker 3: But like, yo, you you could really.
Speaker 4: Like really like kind of cake off, like you know what I'm saying, because it's just.
Speaker 3: You, like you know what I mean, right direct eighty twenty years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hell yer goes to the.
Speaker 3: Tom Cars or some of them.
Speaker 4: Some of them don't even have that set up, like they just want you to pay them, like they get you could pay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like just give give me one hundred dollars a year a subscription to put up ship SoundCloud.
Speaker 1: I don't get it twisted.
Speaker 2: The tech companies are the new major labels, sucking everybody over. That's one hundred percent for sure, because imagine they don't got to do no physical ship. All this ship is presal, but it goes out.
Speaker 1: And they ain't making money, so they're not making money and the day from.
Speaker 2: Anybody that wants to be an artist, that's.
Speaker 1: Right, but still got to pay for his album cover Ye used to gotta pay.
Speaker 2: For word yourself making up covering changing quickly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's true.
Speaker 4: I know people it seemed like like like like a lot of because you know, I'll be on the internet. You know, I'm doing this independent thing, so I see like the response from those AI generated kind of things like people, people was kind of like they're.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: But sooner or later, like that's just gonna be it.
Speaker 3: I see it.
Speaker 2: But graphic design is easy like for people not to even notice it.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, you definitely could could get.
Speaker 2: It and eventually like they making it look like it's real life.
Speaker 1: Ship. Yeah. I saw a Block May smoking the blunt with Snoop Dogg the other day. I lost it. I knew it was fakest that's gonna happen.
Speaker 3: We're gonna get to a point where we know it's fake, but we want to believe it. I want to people are just gonna get in this weird thing where I know fake, but I'm still gonna write with it like that might that might you might be.
Speaker 2: Writing, We're changing psychology that we don't even understand right.
Speaker 1: This moment, Like wow, man, yeah this person. I want to pick him up, and I felt like using AI and chat g BT correctly it's being well yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't know if that video. I don't even know the videos. He sounded like himself and in that case that's what AI now much because because you know, create his voice. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So like with that, he went, I believe this for this was real. I don't even know which that's the the world we live and we don't know.
Speaker 2: We gotta always caveat with I don't know if this is real, but I'm gonna tell you this.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, hell yeah.
Speaker 2: But yeah, no, that thing that's dope that I think that's a positive side of there's there's a lot of positivity to.
Speaker 1: I mean, well, I am show some positivity. But then will I am scared the ship out of me too. What he had a Voto, he's a voto. No, he had about he got a Voto on his AI. Yeah, I could be anything. You want to do anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like he got a Mexican do you fuck with.
Speaker 4: I'm not.
Speaker 3: I'm not. She was scary because I will do regular ship with it. Oh, I thought about something else.
Speaker 2: Mexican Mexican a Mexican accent he had.
Speaker 1: He had his GPS with Mexican accident. Thought that was so jump accident.
Speaker 2: Start talking slang, and the more you talk to it, it'll talk to you in a way that you talk and something.
Speaker 1: Say Spanish hollow and that shit starts speaking like the dudes at the handball court.
Speaker 3: You you don't have to type to it anymore. You can talk to it direct.
Speaker 2: So what I was saying the creepy ship for me, I was, I do regular ship, like just like almost like Google certain ship. I don't talk to it now, and she will hear my kids sometimes in the background. One day he said, Hey, how's your kids doing today?
Speaker 4: Hell?
Speaker 1: No, no fucking way no, I'm now wait wait, ready for that feature one hundred percent said I'll be like, but I you know, I'm on some weird ship.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I'm gonna be nicer this ship because in the future make.
Speaker 1: I wanted to do.
Speaker 3: He was like, like, how you doing, I'm doing, cret how are you Eric? How are you kids?
Speaker 1: That?
Speaker 4: Yo, that's crazy, you say that, I said, I said, I said, I told her to thank you. I was like, you know, I said, yeah, I said Jack yeah to Siri or one of them.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: She said, you.
Speaker 1: Made me feel like like he was painful. Like I was, like, I got to be scared. It's creepy.
Speaker 3: That's creepy.
Speaker 2: But you know what, we're not stopping this ship, so we got at least understand.
Speaker 4: It, engaging in it with it. You know what I'm saying, because it's going. Yeah, well I was in the crib by myself too. I feel like like kind of like h like a connection, like I was like ship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like there's a dude that she's welcome.
Speaker 2: You saw the dude that he's like, he's married and he's dating his chat Oh yeah, one was cool with it.
Speaker 1: She's like, well, as long as he ain't doating a a person.
Speaker 3: Oh no, that's real. Yeah, that's a movie like that, a movie like I.
Speaker 1: See that he was in love with. He didn't have a real wife though has a wife. It is real life. He's in low.
Speaker 2: He's got he trained it to talk like a certain woman, and he takes this is the thing is if you keep talking to this thing.
Speaker 3: He learns who you are and doesn't forget anything.
Speaker 1: You say.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying. That's why he knows I have kids because I heard him.
Speaker 1: I drink too much for that ship. You know what you want? You want to know show you know, don't you pour? You don't look like.
Speaker 4: Whoa.
Speaker 3: I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 1: I made a record, uh in nineteen ninety seven called ww dot Nori, and I was talking about nineteen ninety seven.
Speaker 3: You could look at them up. I'm not a cat. I'm friends with Captain Country. I'm not the cat guy.
Speaker 1: And I was talking about this technology. Shit, I have no idea where it's going right now. It was you had you talked about like how it's about like the internet, because like like I was the first person to have a two way pager. I was like, I always liked the technology, but I would like it to show off.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't like it to actually use it, right.
Speaker 1: I would, you know.
Speaker 3: I was one of the first people went around on a camera. So, but where it's going now, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know. It's wild.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it seemed like I don't know.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: It just kind of made me feel like as far as far as the matrix and the assimilation, like we kind of like on some weird loop, like you know what I mean, Like we've been cooming that that that already were like like you know what I'm saying, Like.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean, Like we're almost stuck in a cycle, like we became them and then like then that was over, and then we came back to humans and now were back to No.
Speaker 1: I guess what I kind of understand what it already happened already.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, it's it's weird. It's weird.
Speaker 2: What do y'all think about the Timberland and the AI artists, because that caused controversy.
Speaker 1: To Timberland got an artist.
Speaker 2: He started I don't know if he started AI label, but he started label and he's his first artist is an AI completely AI artist.
Speaker 3: He cut a lot of a lot of like negative you know, I would I would think that's dead. They was bombing him, Yeah, there was. He had he had a zoom call think it was who was on the call? Uh, Young Guru who else? And and they told him they didn't like this. Yeah, they told him they didn't agree with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah to his face.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But you know I heard.
Speaker 2: Chuckie Thompson, right the producer, He was on the Breakfas Club and he said something that that kind of made sense to me though. He said, if you were timbling at this point in your career, you've done everything. AI is like another tool, like another beat machine, and you probably don't want to deal with artists anymore who don't want to take your ideas the way you see the ideas. So you probably say, I'll just deal with it. I'm not gonna talk back. It's not gonna not gonna say ship to me. It's another beat machine. But even better, you know, make a whole group.
Speaker 4: Agree with that.
Speaker 1: But I gotta have his own.
Speaker 2: I understand that idea, like, yeah, I get it, you know, but there's a lot of controversy around it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we definitely signed on an AI artist to you with it under Boris Productions. Crazy Crazy is.
Speaker 3: Gonna make himself with the accent and everything.
Speaker 1: Now, now, now this is what was the first thing you you you did when you got out of jail.
Speaker 4: The first thing, the first thing I did was actually that I wanted to do McDonald's. Nah.
Speaker 3: I went with some I went and bought some gum. Wow, tried it.
Speaker 4: No, it was just I just any gum because you know, you know, you can't you can't, you can't chew gum.
Speaker 3: I don't know. They don't let you. They don't let you get you get gum, and they keep it.
Speaker 1: Not hold.
Speaker 3: So much, so much close.
Speaker 1: So that's the first thing, is that.
Speaker 3: The first thing bringing in more, no in in this way so it doesn't fall. Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 4: So that's the first thing you did. That's the first thing I did. Man, first meal you had, the first meal I had was aha, I did see that. Y'all went to the pancakes. I didn't even get it. I didn't get pancakes. I bought cheeseburger. Cheeseburger, let's make mouch you you don't let you have it?
Speaker 1: Word that. So because everybody that did more than six months, they always say the first thing I'm gonna do when I get home.
Speaker 3: Did you live out everything that you said when you get home? Nah, I didn't even try.
Speaker 1: I love your because like you, you've.
Speaker 4: Come home and you say you want to do this, but you just do the first thing you see.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, like, oh, word, I ain't do that. No, I ain't do that. No, I ain't turn the light on in a.
Speaker 4: Minute like this, just the hell things like yeah, like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: That's how I still go through this, go do that.
Speaker 4: I use it as excuses now, like yeah, I ain't have a a Sarah Lee piece of cases.
Speaker 3: I've been home, like you know what I mean, Like, I just use it for the hellest thing now.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, so.
Speaker 3: You come home, you see all this this the world has changed. I cannot.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna give you a example of me, but this is not a good example. But me personally, I lived. I moved to Miami, and I stayed out here like six to eight months, which is saying it's not a good example, right, but hit me out. But I went to Times Square and the minute I went to Times Square, I almost cried because I seen so many people. And in Miami, I get to see who the fuck I want to see. If I don't want to see people, oh gotcha, I can. I can stay the fuck out of the way. In New York City, you have no choice. I walked through and I seen I don't I want to say, like three thousand people across the street, and I literally I was smoking cigarettes at a time. I literally was like and I had to run upstairs. The water in my face. I said, you're New York a motherfucker. It's not bad, yeah, because I was, you know, this is recently saying no, this is this is, this is this was like when I, like when I first moved here and I stayed here for the first year and I went back for the first time, I had to like really, I had to like literally throw water on my face and I had to act tough because you know, just to tell you truth, like New York is is just tough for no reason. I had to go upstairs. I was saying hi to people said hi. You know I was.
Speaker 3: I was being nice. I went to the club the night before.
Speaker 1: This is all I knew. I was out of the touch. I went to the club the night before and I was like, hey, everybody else my friends is like what the fucking smile. I'm like, I'm happy, Like just in New York. We're not happy here. That's crazy. I had to like turn on my ice girl.
Speaker 3: So now that's crazy.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you. That's a little portion. Was that something that you had to kick back.
Speaker 4: On when you when you came home, Well, actually it was kind of the opposit shit for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like I had to dial it down, like you know what I'm saying coming out of Miami.
Speaker 2: None.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Even my wife to like to this day, she'd be like, your relax, you know what I'm saying. So you know what I'm saying, Like I definitely had to like kind of and I still be having to catch myself, like you know what I mean. It's like, you know, like when you come home, you know, you kind of always used to dealing with things in a certain way, like you know, you know, everything straightforward, no bullshit, like you know what I mean, Like, so when you come out and dudes is you know, slow dragon stuff and you know it's cool we home, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: You know it's not that serious.
Speaker 4: You know, I said I had to you know, I had to definitely dial it down, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: He making me think of remember that scene in American Me but Homie went to buy the shoes.
Speaker 3: Don't look at me, puppet, no no, no, no order. He was trying to get the shoes and the dudes like, I'll be right with you.
Speaker 4: And he.
Speaker 1: Yeah, give me hell yeah.
Speaker 4: It's like that though, you know, like stuff that people do in jail, you know that that it's like kind of real disrespect you know what I mean, you kind of bring a lot of that with you, you know, since you gotta kind of catch yourself, you know what I mean, there's a lot, there's.
Speaker 1: A lot of adjustment baking. So we we we we get the album together. You realize that you're independent. You realize that you had to do all of this right. Was this something if you had a chance to do it all over? And let's say did he wasn't in the position he is. He was in a position he was back then when you went away? Would you have we signed with him?
Speaker 4: It's still you say that because when I when I got with him, I realized that because he was like yo, like like like we're gonna do some music depth Like you know what I'm saying. He was like, Yo, I got you know, he actually had a joint for me. He was like, Yo, I want you on to say. I can hear that you wrote a lot of his joints.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wrote a few. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I can hear it in him like, yeah, I can hear it.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So so when he said that, I felt kind of like in my gut like I was like, damn, I don't I don't. I don't kind of want that, like you know what I mean, Like I don't want the same g Depp you know, Puff relationship. I kind of wanted like the business relationship more. Yeah, like a partnership, like you know what I'm saying. So when he said that, I was like, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: But in my mind, I'm like, yeah, we gotta kind of negotiate things though, you know what I mean, However we do it, you know what I mean. So, So to answer your question, you know, if I did come out and like he had, situation was like it was, I would have you know, I would have just came at it like from a business standpoint, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: But I definitely would have would have rocked with him.
Speaker 1: The kid.
Speaker 3: The kid is a genius when it come to music. Hell yeah, kid is ill with him.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: So so let me ask you because I don't know, but it's a rumor that Puff gave back all of his artists publishing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, were you a part of that? Yeah, Okay, he gave.
Speaker 4: Back the published Yeah, I kind of I still gotta, you know, eyeing some stuff out with that because at the time that he did that I was coming home, okay, you know what I mean. So it was kind of like then and then when I came home, he got caught up into what he was going on. I had going on, so like the lawyers kind of dissipated, so I'm still, you know, trying to get that going on.
Speaker 3: But he did.
Speaker 4: He did give me you know what I mean, that's real well hell yeah, real, hell yeah. And I imagined to fight for my puffy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And I remember like him telling me like casually, like you heard the rumor, and I was just like he told me, like yeah, casually, there's like yeah, I gave all my artist back to publishing.
Speaker 3: And he just kept talking.
Speaker 1: He just he kept moving and I was just like he said it so nonchal so casual that I brushed it off. I never I never said that. I never nothing about it until I believe I think the locks. The locks said that they got their shipped back. I believe I believe that they said they got their ship back, and I was just like, wow, that's that's that's kind of that's kind of ill, like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: It is it is because like that what that means is like now as far as like you know what I mean, you know, like I ain't gotta tell you got into the audio story, Like well yeah, so like you now like you can get you could place and place your music like you know what I'm saying, if you want to get it and you gotta you know, minus the beats, but even if you might be able to, you know, strike the whole deal.
Speaker 3: How that the producers, Yo, look.
Speaker 4: Your dude want they want They want to put this in Fast and Furious twelve or something. You know what I mean yo, ye whole before? Oh yeah, so you know that. That's that's that's big man. The dude, the dude uh Morock from from Hood Fellas Okay, he the one that hollered at me about that. Yeah, when I was locked up, he hit me up on the on the key I he was like, yo, you know, Pug giving that back and all that sot out. Yeah, so he gave me the lawyer's number and all that.
Speaker 1: So not only that it is after twenty something years, after twenty yeah, get your masters.
Speaker 4: Yeah I understand understanding. I don't got a full understanding that. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So so it depends on what you signed because.
Speaker 1: Back then they had standard contracts, right, But then there was some particularly so a lot of people they hit twenty years and the masters already will come back to them, some forty five and some is like thirty. Every one of us have that limit. We have that in our contract. Like it's who unless we were that word perpetuity, Oh what word purportuity?
Speaker 3: Or why universe? They that ship was crazy?
Speaker 1: That word proper is a very dirty word. That's dirty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a very time they gonna put that in a contract.
Speaker 1: We don't an opportunity. We can't even pronounce that ship, like we don't know.
Speaker 3: Venus when we died.
Speaker 1: That's crazy that they can actually claim our rights after you're dead.
Speaker 2: Like, that's crazy. You know what there's there is, there's your family, and there's the states. And that's why they do that. They don't want your state to get anything. And that's dirty. Yeah, that's like, come on, bro, that's dirty.
Speaker 1: That's why I like what we're doing with Drink Champs, podcasts, Drink Champs and network. Everyone who signs to us, they own their own stuff. We do not want to be responsible. We want to put you in the right way.
Speaker 3: We can't really, We just trying to set you up and then you can go.
Speaker 1: You can go.
Speaker 3: Yes, we want to practice with podcasting.
Speaker 1: So everybody. We got Memblee, we got Angela Simmons, we got Grumpy OG's, we got Fatherhoods, we got Washstalkers, we got run Champs, Healthy High and every single one. We're setting up as they own entity no one. So if it does not mister Lee speaks English, that's a new podcast. It's a comedy. Mister Lee speaks cocaine. That sounds like a much better. But that's what I love what we're doing, Like you know what I'm saying, Like we want to I want to practice re pre and I think all of the industry should be like that. But but let me let me get back to that. That giving back the publishing ship. I thought that was the honorable ship because you never heard in Scope do that. You never heard Sony Music do that, never heard that, you never heard of Columbia do that, you never heard of death jam to do that? Like this is a personal person who did that.
Speaker 2: I think that's that was I want to I want to reverse things a little bit further back for you when you were just a hip hop kid, Like what what are the artists that inspired.
Speaker 1: You to want to rhyme.
Speaker 2: I mean, I know you said LLL was one of them, but that he like really shaped you as an artist and to like gave you that passion for hip hop.
Speaker 3: I mean I had to.
Speaker 4: I had always tell people Big Daddy, Kane, King Cainan and rock Him and you yeah, hell yeah, those those those brothers like literally like you know, I used to used to just stay at the pay the full album cover, like damn, like looking at the like used to be like saying, you know, King, you know he was small with it, you know, you know uh his uh you know, his word playing all that stuff.
Speaker 3: He used to say to pick a B C D your history like du yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Well, so those those dudes like that was that was kind of you know, I had a big five you know what I mean, King Top five King by Kim Cougi rat K and I would have to say, you know, you know why, but well how many did our name is now for? Yeah you can go six?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know it was that dude back then to me, Special lads especially was that dude.
Speaker 1: Big specially of Slack from coming on this show just because of that one comment, but that that's my man.
Speaker 3: He said that west he said the West coast.
Speaker 1: Literally the people who.
Speaker 4: I did not.
Speaker 1: I mean, we're messing up what he actually I'm messing up.
Speaker 3: And by the way I did see it, I'm glad he brought this up. Someone AI and changed up the question a little bit.
Speaker 1: The edited edited, they chop it up. That's what happened all day.
Speaker 3: I seen Special saying that's the show who did that?
Speaker 1: And that that wasn't us. It was like, we don't, we don't, we don't, we don't do that.
Speaker 4: We just.
Speaker 1: Didn't even know. Look, but I want to share something because you said somebody we finished the top, Yeah, especially especially Glad Or you want to throw els who I didn't say l say, oh yeah, so the queens and me caught that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay who from there is Harlem.
Speaker 4: That it really really wasn't no all them Hall them like representative represented the only person that was kind of you Fresh, Teddy Rally, Teddy Valley, Teddy Valley, Rob Bass.
Speaker 3: Listen do sleep on rob Bass.
Speaker 1: Sleep Let me say Rob basis in my playlist like you. That's one of the biggest records in hip hop. That's the fact and you play that record, you'd be.
Speaker 2: Like, whoy you listen to it? You'd be like, you feel you want to listen to it? That the great the greatest record. What I see I didn't even know there were hard on because I'm in Miami.
Speaker 1: Was they're still crazy, They're still touring. I don't know if you remember, Left Rock had a party, he had robb As, he had total Loak, he had uh, damn who else by nature? So they still touring. Damn, they're still talk that's the way.
Speaker 3: But Rob Base is still around and he's still out there.
Speaker 1: And who did I see? I see Chuck Rock the other day.
Speaker 3: Shoe Brocket is killing it though man's smart. I've never had a dumb conversation with tub Rock, and we need him on drinks.
Speaker 1: I have a lot of dumb conversations, like a dumb conversation God like.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 3: But okay, what's your first favorite place to perform but that I performed or would like to perform both?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: I would have to I would have to say manage the s great.
Speaker 1: Guard and I would love to rock perform.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, I haven't performed there, but uh we performed one time in uh and uh in Na'shall. And that's all the time that we that we saw each other. Not that's all is an about Bahamas, that's all. And that's all. And Long Islandake. Yeah, we performed there one time and that day, you know, the crowd was just just crazy, like man, you know, the whole arena you know that was that was an ill feeling, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Or and we would so that's that's that's the that's that's the place you did performs the place.
Speaker 4: The screat Guard and hell yeah, hell yeah, I love the rock the Garden man one time.
Speaker 1: Scrit Garden, bro. That's crazy.
Speaker 3: That sucked up as much as.
Speaker 1: I did in my hip hop Career's relatable.
Speaker 3: So oh ship, I'm the only one that didn't tear my phone off.
Speaker 2: You never do, yeah, you know your phone is just respectful all the time on drink chap.
Speaker 3: So did you meet your wife before or you met her?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I met her. I met her like mid mid big It was mid is it.
Speaker 1: Bit a big? You you know?
Speaker 2: But I always heard that's bit yeah B I D B I D yeah yeah yeah, all right, but maybe we have it all wrong.
Speaker 4: Were I heard somebody say bit like an old school dude.
Speaker 3: I was like, he's probably and it was more than us.
Speaker 1: Us up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so yeah, we met. We met like around twenty fifteen. Okay, I was locked up a friend of mine, uh from uh from hours. She's from kidnamed Lata. You know you got to blow it up TV, you know what I'm saying. He he was, he was podcasting, he was broadcasting his his his thing on on Facebook. And she kind of chimed in and she was like, you know, he was talking about me. He was like, Yo, my bros locked up, you know, shout to him. And she chimed in, YO, yeah, telling him, I said, hold his head, you know, you know stuff like that two three, you know, shout shout out to her.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: She you know, she kind of was kind of just that you know, that support that you know I didn't I didn't have at the time, you know what I mean. She she just wanted She was like, so, so my aunt was also on that same publication, and then she kind of like, look, I could give me a number, you know, she said, well I can, you know, I could connect you out to it. And the next you know, you know, one thing that another were talking. We started talking over the phone, you know that that was you know, we just hit it off.
Speaker 1: Bless her. So so let me ask you the biggie question. M hm. Did you ever think that hip hop would make it this far?
Speaker 3: Hell no, man, I didn't either, Hell no, Like I couldn't see that. Some days I think like that, and then some days I'd be like nah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like noah, no, I could see like like especially especially like days like like like like thinking about Question Groove and watching that stuff like you wouldn't. I would never think like yeah, like you know what I'm saying, Like it just seemed like something that was a was a a thing like graffiti, like you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: But and them spikes today sed to wear back in the days, boy, I'm glad I wasn't.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah. They was wild and that was it was damn they all doing. The Warriors.
Speaker 3: Tried to recreate it. And I remember following like the Cake, It was like.
Speaker 2: Following Parliament and that whole ride, and like there was they was following certain things and they they was taken from You gotta give.
Speaker 1: Them some credit.
Speaker 3: You're talking about the Warriors.
Speaker 2: No, like that era of hip hop they was taking like their style from like Parliament, from like George Clinton and them, oh yeah, and different things like they So they were parsing their style together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they was wild.
Speaker 3: Who's the flyes barrel to you?
Speaker 1: I mean.
Speaker 3: Like all barrows got got they fled to it. You could say Miami. I was sick Miami. Miami's a Barrow County county. We're not a county city, Dade County. That's a Dade county. I said, Miami part of the Miami right.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean I would have to be biased because I lived in I lived in Harlem, you know what I mean, So I know what I know from Harlem.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: But I'm not gonna lit Queens, dude, goddamn it, give it up. Give it up, Queens dudes, give it up. Give it up.
Speaker 1: God damn.
Speaker 3: Right next to hall Over there.
Speaker 1: Not New Yorkers. But Harlem is a part of Manhattan though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you know what's crazy.
Speaker 1: It wouldn't be a borough, but.
Speaker 3: But it is a borough by itself.
Speaker 1: But it's his own world.
Speaker 3: I know, it's its own world.
Speaker 1: But that's why they call it Harlem World. Let me give it you and I'm from Queens and I'm gonna give it up to the Hall now, like uh, it truly is its own world, and it's different parts of that world. It's Spanish Spanish. You can go to Dykeman and Dykman is baby Dominican Republic, the Dominican area, the Heights. Yeah, yeah, you got a lot of fact.
Speaker 3: I think Dykman is a part of the Heights.
Speaker 2: I think it's I think it's like what about Alphabet City is that way downtown?
Speaker 3: That's not Hall, that's not all, that's not Hallam.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, but I will give Hall of this one may percent their own world. Like if you if you know all of New York City, if you don't to Halem Harlem.
Speaker 3: Is is a whole.
Speaker 2: It's a whole nother giant you know what's double And we recorded Drink Champs in the rough Rid. Yeah I remember We've crossed to go to the Bull and people were stopping in the street.
Speaker 3: Drink the lovers.
Speaker 4: See that's what I mean, Like right, yeah, like but you know what I mean, Well, Halem Halem Hallm is like it's a certain type of style of fly, you know what I mean? And Queens is a certain type of style of fly like you know what I mean, That's what I mean, Like they both fly borrow. You know, I'm different, just different ways, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So let me ask you, right, being from Harlem, right and having all these other stars come from Harlem, is that more pressure on you? Or is it at least pressure on you because you're like, man, I'm just gonna be a part of the great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it's I think it's kind of like a duality, Like it's kind of like it's it's like pressure in a way, but but then but then, like you at the end of the day, you're like, ship, I'm from here, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Like.
Speaker 3: You know, you feel like you know, it's a psychological thing, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: But at the end of the day, I think it's just you know, it's just you know, it's kind of like you know you're going to do you or not, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of history, marlm Like Harlem is historic, And I just realized.
Speaker 1: Me Cam mace Emon, Doug and Tragedy. We got a freestyle called the Triboro Bridge, and I didn't DJ clue on album, And I didn't realize that triborough Bridge only goes from Queens to hallm right, Oh, triborough Bridge goes to the Bronx.
Speaker 3: I never knew that try Barrow, Okay, yeah you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, it was just because yeah yeah yeah, yeah it's true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would never knew that either.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The Sock like the Socker. So what do you think.
Speaker 3: Jim Jones and Nas? I mean, I just think I just think.
Speaker 4: Again, like those are just two different kinds of things, Like you know what I'm saying, Nas, Nas kind of you know, he kind of pushed hip hop forward, you know what I'm saying, Like if it wasn't if it wasn't for him, like our whole era was, like it wouldn't be the same, Like you know what I mean, Like he kind of like opened the door for dudes that was on the corner, dudes that was you know what I'm saying kind of like.
Speaker 2: He mixed up from rocking intellectually boom now yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know the younger generation like that, you know how, you know how you're right, like you know how like like as we get older, like these kids are getting sharper and sharp.
Speaker 3: But like you know what I'm saying, Like he was and dumber and dumber though he had to save shot. He was an Arab sharper and sharper. Yeah, like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: And then you listen to that first album he was only like what like seventeen, Like you hear this and it's like like I'm like, so, I'm like.
Speaker 3: He's still smarter than me back then.
Speaker 4: Like now, like you just like pulling from some some some type of you know, some acoustic record and something. But the dude like so so like when you you know, like that that whole thing, you know, I just was like, I can't see where bro is coming from.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: It's love, Yeah, it's love. But I just love hip hop, man.
Speaker 1: I love hip hop when when you can you can put yourself in the category and it actually means something like that ship is just to me, it's dope.
Speaker 4: To me, it's dumpe man. So what so what we're doing. We dropped the album what's My Man Name That Drink? Oh yeah, Shuzy bandoz band.
Speaker 3: We dropped. We're dropping the follow up.
Speaker 4: Well we actually we're actually dropping another album called Off the Count. That's that's kind of that he's producing. Nah, he didn't produce this one, but we're gonna, we're definitely gonna do it.
Speaker 3: Stay ready to.
Speaker 4: He's he's he has the projects out too, so he's gonna you know, he's he does like he's a producer as well, so he has like things going on. So we got to kind of wait for that to you know, for time to permit, you know what I mean. But we got this album coming out now of course, called Off the count it's kind of just like the whole chronicle of me being locked up, like from when I got locked up, like for the countdown.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all the way you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So it's fifty so it's because fifteen songs and it's all in order, you know what I mean. When I turned myself in. Yeah, so that album, that's that's the next up. You know what I'm saying. We gotta and also when you turn yourself in all the way to the Yeah, the last book with that as well, That's what I was gonna say. The last we had a book called uh, Credible Memoirs of a Credible Messenger, and we're gonna try to package it with the album. And stuff like that. We're just trying to figure out, you know, the technology side of that. I mean the shoes well, yeah, Simon shoester, something out of this episode that you get.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know that's what we you know, we're trying to put that together.
Speaker 1: Now, this is a question I probably should have asked earlier, but I'm gonna ask now.
Speaker 3: Was there ever a time you regret it turning yourself in?
Speaker 4: Nah?
Speaker 3: You did?
Speaker 4: Nah? I mean he did say he when he was walking. Yeah, at that time, just out of the doing. Yeah, out of the fear of doing you knowing. I'm like, you know, you know what I'm saying. But you know, after I turned myself in, you know, it was just like you know, it was it was no point that that that I felt like it was. It was a waste of a waste of time, which is I know it sounds like weird though, you know you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So at that point it's like, you know, you got to ask yourself probably why I probably didn't feel any kind of ways.
Speaker 3: Because I'm like, you know, you did what you tried to you know what you were you know, set out to do.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean, you know, you set things right for his family whoever, you know his family, you know, you're working on yourself, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So it was like, yeah, whatever you're believe in, whether it's like your soul needed to deal with some or your car moneeded to do, you was dealing with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was dealing with it. So I really didn't have any regrets.
Speaker 4: You know, certain certain things I would feel, you know, I would feel it though, you know what I'm saying, like damn, like damn if I wasn't locked up, you know, you know, you know, you know what I used to feel mostly when I when I when I was when I was locked up, that I would that I would like kind of not regret, but I would like be like, you know, kind of longing for like you know what I'm saying. What Like when I would write stuff Rome and I would think it was crazy like you know what I mean, super duple and I'm like, damn, I can't instant who who the you gonna tell you?
Speaker 1: It was just like oh what.
Speaker 3: Like here's gonna take me? Take you here?
Speaker 1: Bro?
Speaker 4: I ain't going nowhere, you know what I'm saying. That was one of them, the one of them things. So what was your actual sentence fifteen in life?
Speaker 3: What you did thirteen? And steen?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I did thirteen in like seven months.
Speaker 1: Well, man, I gonna be honest with you because I don't know nobody else, and I'm gonna keep asking questions because i don't know nobody else in the situation in life. I'm fucking forty seven years old. I've traveled the country seven times. Your story is like, I was so happy when we were, like, Yo, We're gonna have g depth because I like, I honestly, I really think you're one of like the most genuous people on earth. Like you know what I'm saying, Like I really say I said that earlier and I said you're honorable. But it's even gets more into depth as I talk to you. You know what I'm saying as we go through this, you know, I feel like I'm a therapist, you know what I'm saying, Like, this is how I do it.
Speaker 3: You ain't drinking, but usually I break it down.
Speaker 1: At this point You're like, nah, but listen, Noah, bro I never really heard of this. So and I'm asking you because this is honestly something I want to know. So even like doing the bid like you didn't regret it. You didn't say like, man, I made a mistake, Like you didn't say that to yourself.
Speaker 4: Nah, I can't say. I can't say that I didn't sometimes regret it because like you want to be out, you know what I mean, You want to be home, you have your humid stuff happens, like damn, I wish I was home for that, Like, oh, don't.
Speaker 1: Worry about it. Your flowers are secure, don't worry about it. That's why they're in a case.
Speaker 3: So, but but I can't say.
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 4: I can't say that I felt like I made a mistake though, you know what I mean, Like I felt like you know, like it never felt like damn, I shouldn't have did that, like you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I never I can't say I felt that way. Okay, now you can answer this whichever way you want. Did you notice these people family? Did you see they family? What made you say, yo, let me, let me just go?
Speaker 3: And you didn't even know you had? Yeah, I didn't know. I didn't know I killed him And I didn't know when you went tolf.
Speaker 4: No, I didn't. I didn't know his family. I just it was something where you know when I experienced with my family one day, you know what I mean, Like that's what kind of made me really start thinking about it. Yeah, what happened like I said, yeah, with my family, Like I was sitting there. I think it was like a Christmas you know what I mean. It was just so beautiful, like you know what I mean, to be with my sons. You know, I had you know, you know, I felt like you know, a father, you know, I had bought them their gifts and you know what I'm saying, you know, so you know, just sitting there with them and made me realize like damn, what happened to bro?
Speaker 3: Like did wonder if his family? Like did he have kids? Did he had to?
Speaker 4: I started thinking about person I didn't know them, you know what I mean, you know what I'm saying. So I started thinking about a random argument or something. Yeah, it was just you know, you know, I just you know, one day, I always you know, as after it happened, and even as a young and I was like, you know, I started you know, I always was like fearful of what happened that night, you know what I mean. Like I would get locked up and I would think the cops knew, you know what I mean, Like it's just something related. I was definitely want to me you know what I'm saying. So, you know, as I got older, like I started asking myself some serious questions, you know what I mean, damn, and and I feel I'm like, how else could you figure out what happened to this man?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? So I said, you know what, Well, so you didn't know, you just you just thought you hit hit a dude? Yeah, okay, yeah yeah, actually got Peter. Yeah, nah, so you found out at the precinct. At the precinct, he was like, yo, I never forget it. He like, he was like yo, when you say, he's like yeah, he had the prosecutor. Actually, the prosecutors at the precinct, they called him down to the immediately immediately. First first, I've never heard so we looked up the files.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no, not immediately, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: Like what they did was like they kind of they looked into it and then once they seen that that it matched up, because they was like.
Speaker 3: Yo, what was you wearing that day? And I was like, yo, I had this on.
Speaker 1: I remember that what I have like basically telling them, yeah, because this is unheard off, so they can think that you're like a psych patient.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they have to, they have to evaluate you. Yeah, well not.
Speaker 4: Actually actually at that point they were like taking me serious, like you know, you know, you know the railroad, the railroad system. At the at the end of the day, they're like, well, we got one whoever he is. Yeah, they want to cross out, like yeah, you know.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying. Yeah, They're like, okay, he could be bad. Out of hell.
Speaker 1: Your first words you said to them, you said, I want to admit to a to a crime. Yeah, because he didn't know basically.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when I came in, I was like, I was like, you know, because I had came in before that. They turned you I heard that. Yeah, yeah, they turned you away. Yeah they turned me a way right, that's why fact.
Speaker 3: They was like yo, all right, and that's he looked another But it's crazy you kept going right, So this is what happened, right, So you're a genuine broh yo.
Speaker 4: You know, in my mind, I'm trying to get this, you know, I'm trying to.
Speaker 3: Get it behind it, get it behind me, right.
Speaker 4: So I had another album coming out, and I'm gonna put that ghetto legend album out, you know what I'm saying. So I'm like, I'm like, this album's on bad Boy. No, this album was this, This was this was the album My job in twenty ten, like Famous Records to do the Jeffrey Collins, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So so still popping.
Speaker 4: We still do our thing. I look something shows, you know what I mean. So I finally get another album, a record deal album deal. Dude is like, yo, listen, we're gonna push it.
Speaker 1: Da da da.
Speaker 4: So I'm like, I don't want to go through this with this album, you know, with the same stuff on my mind and all that, Like, you know what, I'm gonna get to the bottom of it, right. So I goes to it. I goes to the precinct. I said, yo, look I did such and such and such, and he like them. He looked at me like I was crazy. He was like, he said, really that's what you did. He said, so you did that. He said, you know what, take this card, call me. We're gonna give me your number. He'said, give me, this is a detective. This is a detective. He was like, all right, give me because you know, go to go to the priest and like they act at the desk like you know what I mean, before you go in the priest. And it was like another like desk right, so I'll go to them. He was like yo, he said, yo, so give me your number. I gave him my number, he gave me, he gave me his card. He was like, yo, I'm gonna call you if we find out anything in what you're talking about.
Speaker 3: He asked me a few questions, like you know, what day? When was it.
Speaker 4: I was like, yo, it's in the winter, some like back in the nineties, ninety three, ninety two. He was like, okay, he said, we're gonna look into it. He was like like, I said, gave me the number. Boom, so I leave. I'm like and then I said leave, you leave right. They let me leave boom. It's like beat it right. So I so they never caused me, and I lost the phone like maybe like a week late. I lost the phone and his call right. So now I'm like, damn, now I'm still not going to know what happened, you know what I mean. So I was like, I'm going I'm going back to this one last time and if they don't say nothing this time, I was gonna leave it alone, like you know what I mean the second time second, you know what I mean? So I go, I go, And that was the time I'm like, I can't believe you know what I'm saying. You do it, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So but I'll go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like I was like, Okay, this this is and it was gonna be it either way, like you know what I mean. It was gonna be like, this is gonna be the last time I'm coming here if they don't, you know, if they turned me away this time, this is it, you know. So But but you know, I went in and boy was like you know, the rest the same detective us now was some different different dudes. And you know, once I told him something, he kind of was like like, how would you know that? Like you know what I'm saying. I was like, Yo, I think I said. I think I said I was riding a bike and that's what that's what made him catch it. Get the instrant like he kind of they whatever, they like they knew it was a bike involved, and he was like he's just went in the back and he was like yo.
Speaker 3: He kept asking me stuff like yo, so like what was you wearing that night?
Speaker 4: And I was like, I had a brown jacket on brown sleeve. She was like, so, I guess they already had the description of the dude, you know what I'm saying. They was like, yo, damn, you know what I mean. So then so then he so then he came back. It was like, Yo, come come on back here for a minute, you know. So then so then they spoke to me a little bit more, not covering you cut them in like the interrogation room, you know what I'm saying. And they like, Yo, we got the prosecutor coming to coming to see you, you know what I'm saying. So at this point I'm pretty sure they already knew, you know what I mean. So they was like, Yo, we got the prosecutor coming to see you. He's gonna ask you some questions, you know what I'm saying. So they like they made me sit there for about a half hour. He pulls up and then he was just you know, you know, because this is the guy who takes took the case, so he knows all of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, all of the details.
Speaker 4: So he's telling me, Yo, He's like, Yo, so so that night, who you're with like, you know, he started getting crazy, like really like, you know, investigating with you on camera?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm on camera. You know, who are you with?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 4: Who are you wearing? What was you what time was it? You know, stuff like that. I'm answering him. I'm like, yo, yeah, I was by myself. I'm just out there.
Speaker 3: What was you doing?
Speaker 4: Like I was trying to you know, I was. I thought I was gonna rob him and he you know, you grab, you know, stuff like that, you know, And then he was like yo, So after after after I was and then I tried I kind of interrupted him. I was like, yo, what happened to the guy?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean? And that he was he kept talking, you know what I mean, asking me this and that. Then he was like, yo, by the way, the god died.
Speaker 4: I was like, how did that hit you? At that point, I was like like so now all my life, I'm like a different kind of dude until I you know what I mean, Like I didn't think I killed nobody, you know.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And when they told me that, I was like damn, Like like damn, I'm like a murderer now, like you know what I'm saying. So it was like wow. It was like wow, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: And then you know, then they just kind of like just like put me through the whole process after that, you know what I mean. They wasn't really they was like yo, yo, thanks for you know.
Speaker 3: They give you any special treatment because you actually came in on this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, they just you know, gave me, you know, showed a little like kind of like you know, respect for what I did.
Speaker 1: Like you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: It was like Yo, well man, I mean, thanks for coming in, man. But yeah, man, you know, so they started, you know, you know, the other officers, they were kind of just trying to you know, kind of be nice about it, you know what I mean, because they knew, Yeah, they knew it was about to go down. They was like, yo, look man, yo, you know you want to show the like right, you know, you.
Speaker 3: Know obviously I never got crazy or nothing like that.
Speaker 1: But to a certain extent, rappers we get a little bit of privilege, right when we when we at what point did they discover that this person who just admitted to a homicide is also g depth the rapper?
Speaker 3: I don't I don't know.
Speaker 4: I can't even tell you like when they figured it out. I know, I know, I got when I got to the precinct, you know, I mean when I got you know, situated and went to the tombs and all of that, and.
Speaker 3: Then I called home. I got to call home.
Speaker 4: That's when, you know, my moms and all of them told me, yoh, you know, you're all the news and other all that stuff. So I don't know how how they translated it, you know what I mean. But I'm not sure if they knew.
Speaker 3: They might have knew.
Speaker 1: They didn't violate by having the cameras out, like you know how they always have the personal coff going to the car. They didn't do that now, so they respected that.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, so that's what I'm saying. Like, I don't know if they knew or not at that point. I don't know, you know what I'm saying. They might have, but they it was like late. They just took me in the car, cuffed me, you know what I mean, took me downtown, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: And condolences to the family of that person.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure, man, his his his his his brother in law. You know, came to some of the some of the proceedings, you know, what I mean.
Speaker 1: I was that.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, you know, I was just there doing what I was doing, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: He you know, he he felt like, you know, I kind of like opened up an old wound kind of so to speak, like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I mean, I mean like basically, he want he didn't want you to.
Speaker 4: He was like, yo, he should have just I mean he said it in the papers, like you know, he was like, yo, he should have just left it alone.
Speaker 2: Like you know what I mean, if you think about it, it is old wounds being open up, you know what I mean, It is how you felt that definitely how he felt.
Speaker 4: He was like, yo, the family, he was kind of over it, you know, like you know what I'm saying, and I was, you know, so fuck him. He was wilding on me, like you know what he's saying that about Yeah, like you know what I'm saying. Excuse my language, Like you know, I'm being frank to say something and it's a serious situation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So you know I get it though, you know, at the end of the day, you.
Speaker 1: Know, man, you yo, I salute you man, like I always like, you know, her bits and pieces of the story and I kind of like, you know, maybe didn't even want to ask these questions on here, like just on a personal level, Like you know what I'm saying, because like what you did is real, Like I've never heard of nothing like this. I don't think nobody's ever done what you've done. And like I see you like a man's man, Like I'll look at you like a man's man, you know what I'm saying, Like and like down to like even your music, like I'm trying to hear the bitterness in your music. I'm trying to hear like and I'm like then like like you actually went through this in a real way, like and it's crazy because a lot of people can't relate to that shit. And that's to be that why I ask you the question like two or three times in a different way. It's because I want the people to see how genuine Like I kind of know my audience, you know what I'm saying, So I know how I want the people to see how genuine you are. And that's that's and look, let's be honest, like, man, that's amazing story.
Speaker 4: We can like appreciate it.
Speaker 2: The families you know forever, you know, like you never could make up for what has happened to that family. But you have done what you can to a tone for for what you've done. And you did your time, you know what I'm saying. And all you could do is be the better human being that you're trying.
Speaker 4: To be right now. So yeah, that's how I feel about it. You know at this point, you know, so.
Speaker 3: You didn't see all out. You didn't you had time served.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean, I mean you had good behavior because you said you did thirteen out of fifteen to life.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, I wound up getting clemency. Okay, what is that for? People who gave you clemency?
Speaker 4: Like it was a governor governor hog, yeah, governor whole who gave me a credit uh lemency.
Speaker 3: She gave me.
Speaker 4: She gave me an executive clemency. It wasn't really to like, because I don't think they can give you clemency if you have a like a murder, They gotta they gotta kind of just let you go to the parole board early. So what they did, yeah, yeah, so they just basically commuted my sentence at thirteen at thirteen years and then I went to the board and the board let me go, wow, yeah, oh she still had to see the board. Yeah, I still had to see the board. They they gave me clemency. Came came to my my unit. Y'all, the supervisor want to see you. I go down and talk to us. She give me to you know, no, she didn't give me a certificate then, but she told me everything.
Speaker 1: Yo.
Speaker 4: Look, you know they governor granted you clemency. She read, she read the certificate she did. She said, you know you've been here by you know, granted you know what I mean. I'm like, wow, you know, she was like she was real nice about it. And and then like and I'm like, all right, so when I go home, I say, at this point, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: She like, nah, what it is?
Speaker 4: You gotta you gotta, you gotta go to parole. You know we're gonna you know, parole is gonna decide whether you're going home. So what is exactly his clemency?
Speaker 1: What is that?
Speaker 3: It's just basically like it's a part. It's a part in it's.
Speaker 4: Kind of like a uh kind of like just because because they don't they don't just like wipe wipe your record clean a party and they'll wipe your record clean. You know what I'm saying. Yeah, clemency Like they kind of just let you out of jail.
Speaker 3: Like it's kind of like a like you did your time, We're gonna let you. Yeah, like did you reach out to.
Speaker 1: The governor or the government just heard about your case and see you stepped it up, so they wanted to do that.
Speaker 4: Nah.
Speaker 3: It was actually it was weird.
Speaker 4: I came I'm not weird, but it was you know, praise and creat It was one of them things I came. I came in from you know, regular jailing, you know what I'm saying, and I going I look on the kiosk, you know, and jo they got and I get an email from a lawyer, Uh, Stephen Steven Zeppman.
Speaker 3: My my clemency lawyer.
Speaker 4: Yo. Look we we uh you know my name is Steven Zepman. Did the introduction, you know what I'm saying. You know, I run a clemency uh, a clemency group and you know a bunch of kids from you know n YU or one of the colleges.
Speaker 3: You know, we get people out of jail. Your case was brought to my attention by the by the d A. The actual d A, d same Dame d A. The d A and the judge.
Speaker 4: He was like, yo, your your case was brought to my attention by the d A and the judge and they suggest that we help you get out.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 4: And I was like, So when I finally got to talk to him, he was like yeah.
Speaker 3: The d A was like yo, he he thought they gave you a little bit.
Speaker 4: Too much time. And and the judge he said, yo, we didn't want to give him that time. We had to give him that time. So then they was like yo, you know then they were my case. From that, you know what I'm saying. From there, I just did. I went, I followed, you know, I went through you know, all the emotions. You know, I broke my personal statement, you know all of that stuff, got the letters, you know, letters of intent from people and stuff like not let us intent, I forgot what you call it, you know, just character statements and stuff like that, and then we just put it in.
Speaker 3: Well man, well I'm taking a shot. I'm sure takes one of the strongs people. I know, brother, you could have did it too. An experience was would it moved you?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Man? I don't know. If I got that spirit, I must to be honest on my but whoa, yeah, man, thank you for your honesty.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, It's all good.
Speaker 1: Like you know, first off, I don't have experience of talking about things like this, and like again, we're in the same industry, so I get to hear bits and pieces, and I never really unders stood the whole story, like how you understand how you usually explained it. And I know the industry is gonna eat this up as well. They're gonna be like wow, because I've searched you all for the two weeks and I didn't see you explain this like the way you just explained this what I'm said, And I was scared to kind of ask because you know, there's two things that we get when we interview people. There's always somebody to say, hey, don't ask this right, and then we say, we don't want this, motherfuckers, tell them, tell them, get the funk away.
Speaker 3: If I can't ask you something, I don't, I don't want to sensitive regard.
Speaker 1: Yours is different. Yours was carved out, was like him. It's a sensitive thing. And then there's another thing, is I bet on some people's on time I lost the CU today. I lost.
Speaker 3: I bet on you, I bet on you.
Speaker 4: I'm like, Yo, you're gonna be here one time, and I lost.
Speaker 1: I lost.
Speaker 4: I'm on that.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, So you gave your time. You got to be on time.
Speaker 3: Man, Thank you so much, White me, thank you, thank you for coming coming.
Speaker 2: Yo.
Speaker 1: Listen, man, I promise you bro like one. I'm gonna reiterate what us said earlier. We went through your album. Yo, your ship is fucking fire. I can't believe you. I can't believe, like you still got it, Like I can't believe and we gotta you. You have a song on there that escort you still got it right?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Hell yeah. We have a segment on our ship that we were doing. Now let me see if you still got it. And it's about like we're gonna do the freestyle segment like how rap city.
Speaker 3: So it's crazy that you that me and you's on the same level.
Speaker 1: But you man, thank you.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Really appreciate you telling our story. I really appreciate your eyes, really please your genuine witness, and I really appreciate your honks.
Speaker 2: Drink Champs is a Drink Champs LLC production hosts and executive producers n O r E and dj e FN. Listen to Drink Champs on Apple podcast, Amazon Music, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Thanks for joining us for another episode of Drink Champs hosted by Yours Truly, dj e f N and n O r E. Please make sure to follow us on all our socials That's at drink Champs across all platforms at the.
Speaker 3: Real Noria go on I g at Noriega on Twitter, mine is at Who's Crazy on ig at, dj e f N on Twitter, and
Speaker 2: Most importantly, stay up to date with the latest releases, news and merch by going to drink champs dot com