Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio Thursday, Dan and The Dan Next Dan Patrick Show. Daniel Jeremiah, former NFL scout, he works for the NFL Network. He's got his final mock draft. This is basically your guess is as good as mine. You have a lot of these guys who this is what they do. They're like, I'm not sure, good idea. Who's going number one? Bryce Young is a overwhelming favor to go number one overall? This according to DraftKings. The odds to be drafted number two overall. According to DraftKings, anybody want to take guests and not an overwhelming favorite to be number two? I would be surprised if this happens. Let's put it that way. Odds to be the number two pick overall, see no Connor, I'll go with you, Anthony Richardson, Anthony Richardson, No, Marv Will Levis bloop bloop bloop loop.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Will Levis is the odds on favor to be the number two pick. How about the odds to be the number three pick overall? Marvin, I'll start with you. Will Anderson No, Will Anderson is the second favorite to be drafted third if that makes sense. Seaton bloop blue ya, yes, Will Levis number two to reassume the Houston Texans, and then c J. Stroud. I'm guessing somebody's trading into that three spot with Arizona. But a couple of the names. Tyree Wilson, he's a late mover coming up. Will Anderson seems to have cooled off a little bit. Paris Johnson, the left tackle for all I state, that's a guy to keep an eye on. If Arizona can't trade out of three, I think they take Paris Johnson the offensive lineman, and then you start to look, you know, the Jets for me with Aaron Rodgers. If you're not using that first round pick on an offensive lineman, I would be surprised. Now unless you said, hey, you know what, we took Bjeon Robinson. Okay, I mean he's going to help. He's insurance for Bryce hall Is coming off the knee surgery. But Bjeon Robinson, maybe it's going to be an offensive lineman. He got a couple of tight ends that are going to be drafted, a couple of wide receivers, probably five quarterbacks taken in the first round. We say good morning, to our streaming partner, Peacock download the app you can watch for free, and our radio affiliates around the country. Pull question from hour one and does it spill over to hour two? See no connor.
Speaker 3: I think it might spill over to our two for a little bit, just for a little while, because I got it up a little late, all right.
Speaker 1: But who had a better day yesterday?
Speaker 3: Knicks fans, Jets fans, Heat fans, other fans right now, Heat fans. I wouldn't say running away with it. They've got forty percent of the vote. Knicks fans thirty three percent of the vote.
Speaker 1: Oh, I thought the Jets had a well, okay, it's a good day. I think they had a good day when the trade was completed. Maybe not just a press conference there with Aaron Rodgers, so I get that.
Speaker 3: Do you think the lead up to that day, that good day finally happening dampened it a little bit? I mean, it took a long time to get that deal done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And there was a lot of speculation like, well, what happens? What's Plan B? If you don't get Aaron Rodgers, you know you're going to go after Lamar Jackson. Are the Niners going to go after Aaron Rodgers. It felt like there was the point of no return for the Packers with Aaron Rodgers. But yeah, I could see that where it's a press conference, but just the hope that you have. And today is a day of hope. The draft is a day of hope, possibilities. Who could we take? How's that going to change us? Everybody feels like, man, it's a rebirth. Now we're starting. And if you're a bad team, today's your day because you're up top, you're up there. There's a reason why you're up there. You're bad. Now, how quickly can we get good? Can we get an offensive lineman to help us? With Kyler Murray? If you're Arizona, what do the Colts do? You know they've tried the retread. Now you want to get your own quarterback. You're going to take Will Levis, CJ. Stroud, Anthony Richardson. And what's Seattle going to do? They're going to go defense. They're going to go in on Jalen Carter. So there's a lot of moving parts here and that's what makes this draft fun. I don't know if there's great players in here, but there it feels like uncertainty and that it's rare when you go into a draft where you go, I don't know what's going to happen with the second pick. I'm assuming I know what's going to happen with the first pick, the second can pick, and then on. It just feels like there could be one team that gets squirrely and that changes the first round. But Arizona, that's interesting. You need you need a lot. Okay, we got a left tackle that's great. Do you want to take him? Do you want to try to move down the Texans they need a lot. Do you want to get your quarterback? Do you believe that's your quarterback? Or as I've suggested, if you know you're not going to be that good this upcoming season, wait till next year's class, because those three quarterbacks that'll come out are higher rated than these quarterbacks this year. You don't need to take a quarterback this year just because you need a quarterback. You need a lot of other things. And if you see that guy who's going to be great, you know he's going to be great, then take him and then next year maybe you know you go all in on a quarterback eight seven seven three DP Show email onundr Stpatdanpatrick dot com, Twitter handle at DP show. Missus Davis is the world's most powerful artificial intelligence. Simone is the nun devoted to destroying her From the co executive producer of The Big Bang Theory, you can watch Missus Davis, a new original series streaming now only on Peacock. Spend a little bit of time. In the first hour, we're talking about the Heat, Jimmy Butler Jannis's answer to a question about was this a failure? The Knicks advance beating the Cavaliers. It's the Heat and the Knicks in the next round, Grizzlies beat the Lakers. Here's Lebron James after the loss.
Speaker 4: Haven't put together two performances together, but you know we still have put three team efforts together to be up three to two, and that's what's most important. It's not about, you know, what Ad and myself were doing. It's about how we can win basketball games. And tonight I was and I'll be better in Game six.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they didn't look good as a team, and they would have stretches where they looked old. Now they do have that. There's moments where you go, oh, my God, they're the team to be out West. Last night, you didn't get that feeling, and now the Lakers are probably less than a five point favorite going back to Game six. But watching you know, Desmond Bain was wonderful. He's one of the better shooters in the league. Thirty three points, ten rebounds. Jah had thirty one to ten, and you know, getting twenty rebounds from your guards is invaluable. Bain and Moran are the first teammates to put up thirty ten performances in the same playoff game since Giannis and Chris Middleton did this back in the twenty twenty one Eastern Conference Finals. Stat of the day, stat of the day, not about stat of the day. Stat of the day? Here comes that?
Speaker 4: What stat of the day?
Speaker 1: Warriors up three to two on the Kings. You love him or you love to hate him. Draymond played great basketball last night, so did Steph Curry and they're up three to two now on the Sacramento Kings. It's the Celtics and the Hawks. The game nobody wanted to see. It's here, Game six coming up tonight.
Speaker 5: If that game we're going on in your backyard and the NFL Draft were on on your.
Speaker 1: TV my backyard.
Speaker 5: You don't get to play, oh, but you have to watch or watch the.
Speaker 1: Draft in my backyard. Okay, so if they were playing out in our man.
Speaker 5: Cave, right or we have to stay in here.
Speaker 1: We're in here watching the draft, now, Can I Can I sneak a peek? Can I like look through over Fritzy's shoulders. I could see I gotta pick one. I think I'm much Take the draft. Take the draft. Uh Buddha in San Francisco, Buddha, good to have you back. What do you have for me today?
Speaker 2: Thanks? Dan?
Speaker 6: First of all, emmy Schmammy Dan and the Dan adds some boys all around you. Guys will never be failures in our books. Let's just move on, Okay, Dan, I got a quick comment and the satur the day, if I may, Okay Dan Tony Brothers last night, I think he should be given a nod. I think you know you talked about it a lot sometimes about refs getting in the way. He could have thrown out Deer and Fox in the third quarter, Dan, and he could have tacked Draymond up in the fourth quarter. And you know what he did. He swallowed not only his whistle but his ego and I thought that was really cool. So Marvin give me the O g st Out of the day music Die CP dub Nation.
Speaker 7: Experienced Christmas early last night with Raymond going for twenty one, the first time he's hit twenty points since twenty nineteen on Christmas Day.
Speaker 8: Wow, thank you Buddha.
Speaker 1: I'll never argue with Draymond and how he plays. When he plays basketball, it's just the other stuff. He doesn't need it. Golden State doesn't need it. And it goes back to last year with the NBA Finals. The first couple of games, he was terrible. He kept trying to get tangled up with Jason Tatum and just play. I mean, he's obviously not as good as he once was, but when he is good, he's so valuable, and he'll do something in the span of fifteen seconds where he'll make four really good plays. He might hit a shot, come back, get a block, or a steal, make a nice Chris Bounce pass for a basket in the span of fifteen seconds. That's what he's capable of doing, and there are very few players who are capable of doing that. I'm gonna hit a shot, come back, get a steal, and then make a nice play at the other end. That's Draymond great.
Speaker 3: So annoying. I know Seaton's like, ah, there's a few things worse than him, like coming back from suspension and playing well.
Speaker 1: Oh crap, I loved it.
Speaker 3: There was a stretch lesson yeah, like he came down, hit a three, blocked the shots, stole the ball, passed it up for a lay of like fast break. He made like five plays in seven seconds, and it was so annoying.
Speaker 1: Dan and New York joins us, Hi, Dan, what's on your mind?
Speaker 9: Hey, how's it going?
Speaker 1: Great?
Speaker 9: Six two? Let's call it to sitty all right, So I have a question for all of you. My buddy is singing the national anthem at game six Warriors Kings, and he does not know what to wear. Uh no, shutting down? Do you go team paraphernalia?
Speaker 1: Well, is he a big fan of the Warriors?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Oh? Well, you know what, if they'll give him a Warriors jacket, one of those Letterman jacket, then I would do that. Don't have anything that you're going to call attention to that they can make fun of. If you're gonna wear it, embrace the team and maybe have one of those letterman jackets on. I think you'd be fine with that, but I wouldn't. I wouldn't overthink it because then you'll overdress and then people would be like, dude, what are you wearing? Because you want them to listen to you, not necessarily watch you. And if that would that would be how I would lead with it. What's he thinking of doing, Dan, he's singing.
Speaker 9: It doing just a black button down maybe jeans.
Speaker 1: That's fine, I mean, business casual, that's fine. Your goal when you sing the anthem is unless you do something truly spectacular, is you want to get in and get out because you don't want them to go e like, what are you doing? That didn't sound good? Like Carl Lewis look like a million bucks when he was out there to sing the anthem. He's saying like five bucks. That's not very nice, it's not, but it's true. All yeah, Well, you just you want to get out there and you want to play, and then you want to leave and then we might remember you and we might not. How old is he Dan?
Speaker 9: He's thirty five?
Speaker 1: All right, okay, well thanks for the phone call, but that my advice would be, don't draw attention too much attention to what you're wearing, you'll draw attention by how you sing. It's like Chris Stapleton when he sang before the Super Bowl, man, oh man, it's pretty good. That was great. But because we were listening to his voice, now not many people have that voice.
Speaker 5: He actually sang.
Speaker 1: He sounded great. He sounded like. That's one of those voices that you go, wow, that's not fair. There's certain voices where you say that's not fair. I always go back to Sam Cook, Marvin Gay and I go, that's not fair, not fair. Chris Stapleton's in that group as well, not fair. Adele, yeah, plum.
Speaker 5: I like stapleton songs because they're not cliche, if you know what I mean. Sometimes that you know, some of those songs can get repetitive with the topics and tell he has his own, his own style. He doesn't kow tao.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well it's country. You can sing about your truck in there a song about somebody's truck.
Speaker 5: There's a song by a guy named David allen Coe I think, and he's got a few issues, but he's talked about how to write the best country song. You gotta include mama in your truck and all this kind of stuff. I think it's David Allen co.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, somebody wrote a truck and I think it's called a song about a truck or something like that. Yeah.
Speaker 10: More, you can also thing about fried chicken and jeans fitting just right?
Speaker 2: What's that song?
Speaker 1: Coach cold beer on a Friday night?
Speaker 5: Zach Brown?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you talk about anything basically. Yeah, yeah, a pair of jeans that fit just right us? All right? Who can't relate to that as opposed to pair of jeans that don't fit just right? That's right? Yeah? Uh? Chris and Iowa, Hi, Chris, what's on your mind today? Morning?
Speaker 9: Dan?
Speaker 11: Hey, my son and I are driving down to Kansas City as we speak, and we are looking for any recommendations of what to do at the draft, what to hope for anything. If you guys have been to a draft before.
Speaker 1: Well we've been to a few of them, but you're going to Kansas City that that's a little different. And this is outdoor. This this is a like a festival type thing. Philly did a wonderful job with this. Do you guys have any advice on Chris and his son going to the draft?
Speaker 5: Paul Uh there's fan bases collecting groups. I remember mcgoven and I went to the Philadelphia Draft and different fan bases collected in different areas, like almost very socially block them off because ESPN and NFL Network want to get shots of a fan base reacting, So pick the most interesting fan base and stand near them, like.
Speaker 1: Well, who do you root for Chris?
Speaker 11: Oh we are, or for cheap face?
Speaker 1: Oh well then yeah, don't do it. You don't have to do anything. Just go in and walk around and soak it all up. Good luck there, Thanks for calling. Yeah, we've gone to other drafts, but we've been in drafts where it's inside. Now you got you know, outside and it's almost like a concert or festival. Yeah, poem, How different was it?
Speaker 5: Used to be at Radio City Music Hall, which was an antiquated facility, and in the wings at the draft on the stage where there's a green room and there's one bathroom on it either side. It's the onesie bathroom, so one person goes at a time. There was a line of media people for the bathroom and I look behind me and Barkavius Mingo from LSU is in line behind me in the bathroom and I looked at these guys. I'm like, do you think we should let him go?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: And he starts going to the bathroom. He's like, hey, well let him go. His phone starts ringing. He runs back to the green room so he can get over by his agent.
Speaker 1: White bathroom, didn't the Cleveland Browns draft. Yeah, Barcavius Mingo, great name. Yeah. I was there at the Marriotte Marquee when there were no fans in there. It was just these team employees with their helmet phones and there.
Speaker 3: When they were all at like the tables, like card tables.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it wasn't exciting at all.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 1: No, it was like, uh, we weren't sure what's going on. You're not hearing things you're in there. That's great.
Speaker 3: You saw it go from that like the most basic strip down thing too. We're in Vegas and they're being delivered on boats to this stage.
Speaker 1: What the hell just become? All right, let me take a break. We'll come back. Daniel Jeremiah with his final final mock draft and what kind of surprises does he have in store? We're back after this and the Dan Patrick Show. You may not realize this, but some of your habits could increase your risk of identity theft. The first habit you can break right now, and that's using something that is hard to guess password. Another one is leaving your financial personal information available so it's easy to access that instead of locking him up. I mean, these all sound simple, but you don't think of them in the moment. You have to understand how cybercrime and identity theft affect our lives every day. That's why you need LifeLock by Norton. LifeLock to texts and alerts you to potential identity threats that you may not spot on your own, like loans taken out your name, crimes committed by thieves pretending to be you. If you become a victim of identity theft, it dedicated US based restoration specialists will work to fix it, and no one can prevent all identity theft or monitor trends actions at all businesses. Protect yourself with LifeLock. Join now save up to twenty five percent off your first year promo code Patrick so it's one eight hundred LifeLock, or go to LifeLock dot com use the promo code Patrick for twenty five percent off. Thanks for listening to the Dan Patrick Show Podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday morning nine until noon eastern six to nine Pacific on Fox Sports Radio, and you can find us on the iHeartRadio app at FSR or stream us live on the Peacock app. They say good things come to those who wait. The Mercedes Benz SUV Family proofs otherwise takes no time at all to set up a testrave your local Mercedes Benz dealer. Learn more at mbusa dot com. By the way, go to Danpatrick dot com. I got you covered from Mother's Day. The reaction so far has been incredible. And just like the Tailgate moonshine, when the products run out, that's it. They're done. So you have until Saturday for these deals. You can say between fifty and eighty percent on four of these different gifts that I picked out myself that I'm going to give to my wife.
Speaker 3: I just say one of the brownies.
Speaker 1: I know you did.
Speaker 3: I told you that's for display only. That's well, it's just displayed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how good it would be the one and it's fantastic. Speaking of which, segue Daniel Jeremiah, NFL Network Analyst, Chargers Radio Analyst and Move the Sticks podcast co host. He's got a tough job because he's in Kansas City. He's got his final, final, final mock draft, and he has no idea what's going to go on, and neither do we. And it hasn't there haven't been too many drafts where we've gone in Daniel saying, I don't know what's going to happen. I assume we know what's happening at at the top, right Bryce Young's going to Carolina.
Speaker 2: I feel like we know that that might be the only thing that we know Dan at this point in time. But I mean, as an analyst for this thing, you were for two things. You're for quarterbacks and chaos, and I think we're going to be two for two in this one.
Speaker 1: Okay, but there's no official report that Bryce Young is going to Carolina. No. Can you remember the last time where we didn't know the number one overall pick?
Speaker 2: I go back to the Kyler Murray year. We were pretty certain, but it wasn't nailed down. And then when we were on set as the red carpet show was taking place, so you're just kind of getting miked up. You're just kind of milling around, and I look over at the monitor, and I see Kyler Murray in a red and pink pinstriped suit and I said, oh, yeah, he's going that's an Arizona Cardinals number one overall pick suit that he's wearing.
Speaker 1: I feel still feel and felt that the draft starts at number two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's where it is. I mean, if we assume, and I think it will happen, Bryce Young go's number one. Now, if we're ninety five percent sure of the number one pick, we are five percent sure of the number two pick. No clue. I mean it's normally Dan, it's like okay, And I think that like the Trey Lance. We had this conversation that year day of the draft and I said, look, there's enough coming late here that I believe Trey Lance is going to be the pickover Mac Jones for San Francisco. Like that was kind of the last little riddle, and you felt maybe eighty percent confident, Like nothing's got out of Houston. I mean there's all this noise and all this uproar about you know, well they are, won't they with CJ. Stroud? But no concrete information?
Speaker 1: What do you think they should do?
Speaker 2: I think they should take CJ. Stroud. So to me, I think there's there's no way you can come out of these first two picks without your quarterback. I don't think they're future quarterbacks on their roster, and I don't buy into the theory of well, you know what, next year there's great quarterbacks. Well yeah, there's no guarantee you're going to be picking up here next year. You've got a chance to draft the guy who's better than anybody that you have, which I think CJ. Stroud is, So go ahead and take him now, Dan, there's only every couple of years where you're going to have a guy like Trevor Lawrence where you're going to sleep great at night. No one, Okay, I feel this is a high This is a high, high likelihood. This guy is going to be a stud. Those guys don't come around very often. You got to you got to take a little bit of a leap here, but you've got to go for it.
Speaker 1: So you got drama too, And then you throw in Arizona. You know, did they go with Paris Johnson? Do they get their you know, left tackle, or do they trade out of that because somebody wants to trade up to get a quarterback. What do you think happens.
Speaker 2: Well, there's so many holes there and they've made it known they're screaming from the mountaintops. They would love to get out of there. So you know, the challenge is I did it for to have some fun in a mock draft, and I thought, Okay, if Houston's really down to Will Anderson and C. J. Stroud, I can fudge it and then just make a trade and give them both. So I took that out of the out of the mix. Arizona gets the trade down, they cover it, they go down to twelve, and they could still get you know, one of the top offensive linemen. But having said that, when you dig into it and look at draft day trades over the last few years, five or six years, Dan, there hasn't been a draft day trade to move up into like the top five. The last one was Trubisky and that was one spot. Like, we haven't seen a team go from ten to eleven, twelve and come all the way up to three. You got to go back to I think it's twenty fourteen when that happened. So the trades have been happening at ten. You saw fields move up to take fields at ten. We've seen other movement in that range, but as of late, you know, when you're gonna make a jump into the top three, usually that takes place ahead of time.
Speaker 1: Quarterback who could be a bust?
Speaker 2: Well, I think you can flip a coin on Richardson and Levis. You know, I feel like there's dividing lines here. Bryce Young to me is the best one. There's a little bit of a gap. Then you get to Stroud, but I think, you know, I think both those guys are rock solid. Then I think you start, you know, it's a little bit of a wildcard. Now I have Richardson next for me because the upside is ridiculous. But the sample size skin there's the heck out of me. You know, it's a trail of tears when you look at the guys with that limited of a sample size, and then when you look at Will Levis, it's just, you know, it's a roller coaster ride when you when you pop on the tape and you know, I get a little bit nervous when you know through the process you go, yeah, but you know, the injuries, but then the offensive line, the plate is a lot of butts. Yeah, that makes me a little nervous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got to see consistency. If you can't be consistent in college, you're not going to be consistent and your accuracy doesn't change. It's usually who you are. And now we're saying, oh, you know, somebody's going to change Will Levis. They'll make him more accurate. It's rare. I think when that happens. Maybe technique, maybe you know, throwing motion, your footwork, but it feels like what you are in college, accuracy wise, is what you'll be in the pros, if not worse.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And people point to Josh Allen here because he made such a leap with accuracy, but I go back, First of all, he's at Wyoming. This is apples and oranges, comparing who he's with, who he's playing with there. The other thing with Josh, I could pull out throws of him, you know, throwing with touch, like layered balls. He wasn't consistent, but I've seen him do it. It'd be like watching a golfer and I've seen you can hit these shots, You're just not doing it consistently. With Levis, it's just everything is firm that there's just there's not a lot of touch to his football. So that to me, is more difficult to change.
Speaker 1: We're talking to Daniel Jeremiah, NFL Network analyst. He'll be on the call NFL Network providing live coverage to the draft starting tonight at eight eastern. Now that you have Aaron Rodgers, what did the Jets do with their fifteenth overall pick?
Speaker 2: I mean, the defense is pretty good shape, and having Rodgers there, it just feels like this will be a Rogers influence selection. So I just keep going back to that offensive line and if Skeroansky gets there from Northwestern, he's similar to Vera Tucker, and that Vera Tucker is a guard but can play tackle. He played some tackle at usc Skeronsky's a tackle whos something could play guard? Dan, I've you know, I've saw it last year with the Chargers with a guy like Jamari Sawyer, who was, you know, a six round pick, but he had some flexibility and versatility over a seventeen game season. Having offensive linemen that can go inside and outside and always allow you to get your five best guys on the field is huge. So as much as I love the talent of Makai Beckton, he hasn't been reliable and healthy. I think, to me, that's a that's a good way for them to go.
Speaker 1: Where should be Jean Robinson go.
Speaker 2: Well, he's my third overall player in a draft with so many exceptions and little, you know, little guys and inexperienced players like I feel like he comes in clear packaging. You know, you know exactly what you're getting with him. I think he's gonna be a great player. He's gonna be a top five running back in the league. I always say with running backs, I think it makes more sense if you're a finished product to kind of put that finishing piece in there. And I look at the Philadelphia Eagles and I say, okay, well, what are the premier positions They've got the quarterback?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you worked for the Eagles, though, Daniel, and.
Speaker 2: You know, getting their dad.
Speaker 1: They're not gonna They're not gonna take I know, but I want it. I want it so bad.
Speaker 2: I want it so bad. And then so I've been telling people. They say, where should you go? So he should go to Philadelphia, And I lay list out all this different reasons that I go. But I worked with Howie for two years and he's not gonna do it. So I'm selfishly hoping Dan just for you because you know this now, I'm hoping that they do shock the world and take him, just so that my one, my one person watching here and Dan Patrick can see my live reaction on the air and just see me turn flesh white that he actually that he actually did it.
Speaker 1: I I love Bjeon Robinson and and I think that personality is wonderful. That the position obviously is flawed financially, but if I know I can get a difference maker, like what would stop the Jets from taking Bijon Robinson, he helps you out immediately.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think with Breis Hall and what we saw from him last year, I think he can do a lot of those things. You know, I think they're actually pretty similar players. But I would put it this way, this would be my sales pitch in the draft room. So let's go back to twenty twelve. I'll jump into the Philly draft room and I would make this case. Let's rebrand it. Let's not talk about running backs. Let's look at this as an ow We're gonna call him an offensive weapon. And if you look at the team that is our nemesis or our competition in conference, it is US and the forty nine ers. They have McCaffrey, they have Debo. We could have our own version of that here with b Jhon Robinson. And if if Deebo Samuel is a major and wide receiver who miners in running back, we're going to have a b Jon Robinson who majors in running back and minors as a wide receiver.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I agree. When we add him on, I said, I see as a Deebo Samuel kind of weapon here, Yes, And that's the way I would use him. He's got wonderful hands and you're, you know, it just feels like he's got star power.
Speaker 2: So I think we could get together on this thing, and we're kind of forming a running back union. We're rebranding. We're calling them offens weapons. Not everybody's going to fall into that. You're going to have still have your three yard and cloud of dust type backs. But for guys like b John Robinson, let's let's put him in a different category.
Speaker 1: If Hendon Hooker was twenty twenty two, I.
Speaker 2: Think I think he'd be a lock as a first round pick. And I don't think even you know, I think he's got a good opportunity to go in the first round. As you know somebody who's older, But to me, it's not as big of an issue as it used to be because if you look at the quarterbacks that have flopped recently, as I mentioned with the number of starts, like, it's the inexperienced, younger guys who are getting thrown out of the field and aren't ready for it. And if you look at the value picks in the draft, look at the starting quarterbacks that were taken outside the first round. When you look at you know, the Kirk Cousins, the Dak Prescott's. We saw it last year with Rock Purty. Those guys played a ton of ball, a little bit older, arrived, a little bit more mature, a little bit more experienced. So I don't think that's frowned upon quite as much as it would have been a few years back.
Speaker 1: Wildest rumor you've heard.
Speaker 2: Oh God, last night, I heard a rumor that the Titans were going to trade up to eight to secure Anthony and Richardson to try and keep anybody else from moving up to get him, and then Ryan Tannehill was going to get traded to the Arizona Cardinals. So that was a rumor that was floating around last night. I don't know what you do with it.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, sometimes you don't want to hear those they when I covered the NBA draft and you would hear these rumors and then I didn't want to cloud my head with the possibility of something like that because just like you said, I don't know what I do with this.
Speaker 2: I don't know. But if you mean that's the that's the beauty of being in this spot, right, Like like ian Ian rapport, you know, he's got to vet that type of stuff. I'm like, wow, I've heard a million stories. That's just the latest one that I've heard.
Speaker 1: Uh, it's been quiet on the Lamar Jackson front. Feels like that's how a good thing.
Speaker 2: I think that the waters have calmed there. Now, that's kind of the vibe that I get. I think the I think the Odell Beckham move was a little bit of an olive branch to him saying, Okay, hey, we're gonna we've got a new offensive coordinator. It's going to play a little bit more to you as a passer than maybe the previous offense. That's one olive branch. Now we bring in Odell Beckham. Okay, I can't say we're not investing in weapons and receivers. So I don't know if they're able to come together on a long term deal. But it doesn't feel like there's this collision course that maybe we were headed on a month ago.
Speaker 1: And then DeAndre Hopkins, I don't know if he's going to Buffalo, if he's going to go to Baltimore. Any thoughts on You know, Arizona's ready to unload him. But who's going to take that contract?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that's there's two sides of that. I think you hit it. I mean, I think Arizona would be happy to move on and continue to kind of take this thing down to the studs. But I don't know who's gonna you know, who's going to be in on that. Buffalo is a team that you hear rumored. I know there's you know, there's some talk with Buffalo with wide receivers in this draft, and maybe Digs can spend some more time in the slot. So, you know, looking at some mouth side receivers in the draft, and if you know, if you're gonna move, let Digs play a little bit in the slot. Then having Hopkins on the outside would be a pretty pretty fun combination, provided he's healthy and the player that we you know, we remember him being.
Speaker 1: Let me go back to the Titans. You mentioned that the wild rumors maybe they go up and get Anthony Richardson. Have they moved on from Malik Willis.
Speaker 2: I don't get that. I don't get that sense that they've completely moved on. But I don't think there's you know, I don't think the faith and trust has been put in him that Okay, we have our future quarterback going forward. I think there's a balance saying we haven't given up on someone, but.
Speaker 1: He's a process. We're looking Daniel very much, so you can't go back. Yeah, we saw enough after one year. We're moving on from him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would say they're dating. I would say they would refer to themselves as in a committed relationship.
Speaker 1: Have fun tonight.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you, buddy. I've got to make sure you got my new phone number, Dan, because I always appreciate your texture and this thing.
Speaker 1: You know what, Fritzy, if you have a new phone number, contact for Daniel now during the commercial breaks, I'll text you. Yeah, not when you're on the air, because that's unprofessional.
Speaker 2: No. Well, I would never check Daran while we're on there. Come on, Dan, you know you've taught me better than that.
Speaker 1: You've been on the set where guys are checking their phones.
Speaker 2: I've been on the set when guys are checking their phones as the camera.
Speaker 1: Have fun tonight. I'll try to only annoy you during the commercial breaks.
Speaker 2: You're the best, buddy. Thanks man.
Speaker 1: That's Daniel Jeremiah, NFL network analyst and providing live coverage draft tonight Kansas City, starting at eight eastern. Have we looked at the weather? I'm always curious when you have weather report. Yeah, I think we should probably look at the weather tonight to get our guy on the horn. Well, I don't know if Jim Cantore, you know I need him. Okay, it feels like you just look on your phone.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we'll make it easier. Let me take a break. Here, you have the weather pulling.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, but it's teasable.
Speaker 1: Okay, right, let me take a break. Oh Gilbert Arenas, our good buddy's going to join us next hour. He was spectacular last time. We'll get the former NBA player who'll join us coming up next hour. Take a break back after this when it comes to the NFL Draft. I start thinking about Panini because they're public auctions. On the site you have the hottest rookies, biggest superstars, the old time greats, the official products from the NFL and also NBA and UFC and FIFA World Cup collegiate sports. The official trading cards and NFTs of The Dan Patrick Show, and we invite you to check out their brand new NFT platform at NFL dot Paniniamerica dot net. One of a kind digital cards there and collectors. You can share your cards in the public gallery, complete challenges, and you can earn exclusive award cards and more. Also the newly released NFL PRISM also LaLiga packs they got more of your favorite cards. The Panini brands now is NFTs and keep an eye out on the Panini NFT platform, unique one of a kind VIP experiences, Panini NFT T cards giving you the opportunity to pull autograph cards, memorabilia cards, rare inserts, even one of one NFTs from everypack NFT dot Panini America dot net, the official trading cards and NFTs of the Dan Patrick Show. Thanks for listening to The Dan Patrick Show podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday morning nine until noon eastern six to nine Pacific on Fox Sports Radio, and you can find us on the iHeartRadio app at FSR or stream us live on the Peacock app. Hey, what's up everybody?
Speaker 10: It's me three time pro bowler LeVar Arrington, and I couldn't be more excited to announce a podcast called Up on Game?
Speaker 1: What is Up on Game?
Speaker 10: You assd along with my fellow pro bowler TJ. Huschman, Zada and Super Bowl champion Yep, that's right.
Speaker 1: Plexico Burris.
Speaker 10: You can only name a show with that type of talent on it. Up on Game We're going to be sharing our real life experiences loaded with teachable moments. Listen to Up on Game with Me LeVar Arrington, TJ. Houschman's OUTA and Plexico Burrs on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcast from.
Speaker 1: In case you're curious, Sho Heo Tani pitching against the A's over under for strikeouts according to DraftKings eight and a half and plus four hundred two hit a home run. Do the Angels and A's play every week? It feels like by the way the A's off to it. Historically bad start as far as scoring runs. And you know we pointed this out. They're going to move to Vegas here in a couple of years, building a new stadium there. But they've had success over the last eleven years. I think they've made the postseason six times. But they are historically bad this year. Yeah, pum.
Speaker 5: They've been outscored this season. The Oakland A's they're five and twenty. They've been outscored by one hundred and twelve runs. Yeah, which is pretty glack.
Speaker 1: That is bad.
Speaker 5: That might be an all time record for this point in the season. The next worst team no offense is the Kansas City Royals, have been outscored by fifty three runs this year, less than half.
Speaker 1: A couple of phone calls in here, Chris and Tennessee. Hey Chris, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: By the way, before I get to you, Chris. The Kansas City weather for tonight's draft, since it will be outdoors for the fans, PAULI Dan.
Speaker 5: It looks like a lovely day in Kansas City. High of sixty five, cloudy, which is good, so you don't get sunburn out there where some block Okay, but tonight when the first pick goes off in the draft, it's probably be about fifty eight degrees mostly cloudy, no almost zero chancell rain.
Speaker 1: Okay, right, Hey Chris and Tennessee.
Speaker 9: Hey, how are you guys?
Speaker 1: Great?
Speaker 12: Good good. I was just calling to let you guys know. You know, I'm sure both of your listeners that are regulars would agree. Number one, you are. You all come across as very humble and authentic people who are confident, you know, and non self seeking and non controversial and very gentlemanly. And often those types of people don't win awards and get recognition. But you guys know that you're professional and are good at what you do. And probably the best and the best thing that I can say is when you guys do fold the show. Whenever that happens one day, your listeners, your loyal audience, will be crushed and it's going to take them some time to recover and get over it. And that wouldn't happen to too many other people out there.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you, Chris. One of the best compliments I get is you sound like a group of guys I'd like to have a beer with. And that's kind of the goal that you know, us, and you would be comfortable around us and having fun. But I told the dan Ets that I want to do this as long as we're having fun. I don't need to do this, but I love doing it. And as long as we're having fun, it's easy to go to work. So if I decide that I don't want to do it anymore, then your blame should be on the dan Nets because we're not having fun, because you guys screwed it up. Right now, I'm having a good time day to day. Yeah, day to day. No, I'm not day to day. But you know, aren't we all on the clock when you think about.
Speaker 11: It like life?
Speaker 1: You mean, yeah, we're all on the clock, going we're gonna go dark.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 1: I'm not going dark. I'm just who dies first? I'm going oh whole question, who dies first? Now, let's not do that.
Speaker 3: I don't rack MyD on this.
Speaker 1: Dustin in Alabama, dust in the wind, day, dustin.
Speaker 13: We are in dustin the wind. Actually that's not a lot time ten two hundred and second time calling. So I was also calling, giv me some thanks and praise. I don't know to be a bouquet of flowers like the guy from Tennessee. But for a different reason South Alabama. You know, college football kind of rules down here for our TV viewing Alabama fans with my two boys and some pro football. But I also volunteer coach you golf on the weekend, so we tend to watch a lot of golf and do that. But note on what's really basketball fans or players. However, the last two years I've listened to your show for many years. The last two years I've really tuned in a lot to your NBA and college basketball interviews and commentary and stats of the day obviously, and it's really gotten me into it in my children as well at thirteen and ten year old point and to the point now that like I mean, every player game they want to watch good. They even helped me do a couple of draft team line up, so they've really gotten into it. And I just, I mean, I appreciate it. You're againting the people you have on in the interviews you do get all the commentary is just really excellent. So wellbia's got some new viewers.
Speaker 1: But thank you, thank you, Dustin. And Gilbert Arenas is going to join his coming up next hour. He was great last time. By the way, a lot of reaction from Meryl Hodge yesterday. I worked with Meryll at ESPN, former running back with the Steelers, and he was longtime analyst for the Mothership. He wasn't a hot take guy. He goes into it almost in workmanlike fashion of assessing the draft picks. He doesn't fall in love. He's not a cheerleader. He's not influenced by agents or anybody like that. He just gives you a systematic approach to why he likes somebody and why he does it. And the reaction was great because it was some thing different. Usually you get somebody on or you're watching TV and you know they're yelling, they're shouting at you. They might have an agenda. Merril doesn't have an agenda. I just asked him to come on and had great respect for him when he was at the Mothership because he just did his homework. That's it. And it wasn't a he's not a me guy, He's a wee guy. He wanted it. He wanted to be professional in assessing these players, and he did that yesterday because he said, look, Bryce Young, you got to be prepared to not have him for a couple of games, you know, a matter of fact approach of he's going to be injured. He thinks c J. Stroud is the one quarterback who should be drafted in the first round. And he was one who kind of fought back to skip Beatos, saying you're crazy to think Johnny Manziel should go in the first round. He shouldn't go in the first three rounds. Final hour on the way, more phone calls. We're back after this and The Dan Patrick Show.