Speaker 1: Showing you the future. Let's play ball. Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Pros. This is leading off brought to you by bet MGM. The King of sportsbooks is me, Joey p Joe Pisapia with me today is always is the Welsh and it's you, the Peanuts, the Cracker Jacks, all here on our YouTube channel, Fantasy Pros MLB. If you haven't already subscribed, I'm questioning your life choices. I just am. We are getting closer and closer to closing in in that gap too. For those subscribers want to hit a new mark, I'm trying to see where are we at exactly now Welsh, because I want to say we're at the almost eight k mark. Yeah, so seven point four to one?
Speaker 2: What can we what can we do to bribe them? Is there something question?
Speaker 1: Riberry? Is really what we should be doing? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, so okay, here's an idea. We hit eight k, Well say, when we hit a K, we should definitely give something weight. We should not consult Fantasy pros and we should make them promise something big. We'll just put it on air so we force their hand. That's what we do here show. But then also, maybe one lucky person gets a random phone call from Joe pis Apia. He will call you randomly, could be at two in the morning, and we'll talk with you for like five minutes, and he'll do a really old impression and then maybe he'll leave. I think, like I think he gives you your voicemail message.
Speaker 1: Any cameo related thing I will do for free. If we hit a k, I'll definitely do whoever that whoever that person is definitely definitely in for that without a doubt. I hope you were paying attention to yesterday's show Boys and Girls because Yo sho Otani had himself a day. Welch, it feels like we're telling future here, the.
Speaker 2: Kind of the future we kind of talked about that. I was also saying, remember that strikeout prop was really enticing. You always get a little like whenever you see him at like six and a half or seven or something like that. But it was like, hey, take that and if he goes out and he dominates, watch out what's gonna start happening And watch that line move. I have not looked to see if that line move, but big, big dominant performance from sho hal Tani with thirteen strikeouts, would have loved him and to have a homer to go with it. But within a two day period, two homers, eight RBI, thirteen strikeouts, kind of MVP.
Speaker 1: Ish, No big deal, not too bad, not too shabby. There turns to show hal Todi. So yeah, Otani follows up the eight RBA RBI game, excuse me with a thirteen strikeout game. Not too bad. Jordan Alvarez hit two more home runs. So anybody who was good in baseball last night was good last night in baseball Like that, that was pretty much the tail.
Speaker 2: Anyone that's good was good.
Speaker 1: Anyone that is good in baseball was good last night, like all the best of the best. I feel like we're shining last night. Jordan Alvarez at the two home runs. Aaron Judge had the two serious home runs there, sho heo. Tani striking out thirteen guys. It was kind of like the stars were out in Major League baseball. Kind of like, yeah, teacher, teacher, yeah.
Speaker 2: I have a comment to add. Unless you want to finish your this is on the Otani MVP stuff, unless you want to know, oh, we're.
Speaker 1: Gonna get more to that. We got plenty of time to do Altani MVP, So I'm all, I'm here for that whenever you want. But go, okay, well start more.
Speaker 2: I just happened to look over on DraftKings as we were going, and I you know, I don't know where you were pulling from yesterday the exact odds, because I believe it was even money on Judge and and plus five to one essentially on Otani all around DraftKings. I will say Judge is minus money on DraftKings at one twenty five, so that's a newer development. But Shoho Tani is now three eighty plus three eighty and we predicted we would get at four if he has a really good performance. I don't think we thought thirteen strikeouts was in the future. He's now under four to one. Otani is not the favorite, but moved under four and one.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, we'll get to those bending pros lines at the second there. And look, we told you we're trying to well help you out. We're trying to win your money here, We're trying to do good deeds. I hope you're paying attention. I hope you're with us. Jesse Winker Homer drove in three runs against the Ags. George Kirby six scoreless sittings for him, so did start for mister Kurbs. Austin Hayes had himself a night too head for the cycle instill a rain shortened game anyway, so that was pretty impressive. He also had noan Eronado go ahead to run Homer Oscar Gonzales at a homer. The Cleveland Guardians are in first place right now. Freddy Freeman left the yard yesterday and it went over the Reds and Pablo Lopez fans six in a victory over the Rockies, while the Braves picked up Charlie Morton who started well Corls ver Dond with a good roadstart, which we talked about. His roadstarts haven't been great. Well, he was good last night, ten strikeouts, but the Braves got the big walk off. So look, the headlines are yours, Welsh. What do you want to pick and choose from today? Oh?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean I kind of want to just talk about it Donnie all day as we could, but we don't need you. We've already gone there. As far as these, I continuously love cycles. I think Austin Hayes is crazy, crazy underrated and I kind of even like acknowledge that to myself in the preseason when you know, going through ranks and Austin Hayes just had that like long period of time where he was just struggling with injuries, just completely unheralded as far as his offensive impact. You know, with the Orioles, we talked about Ryan Mountcastle, not just because of Mayor, but Austin Hayes is definitely one of those really in Dynasty too. I don't think he gets quite the love. I'm quite the fan of Austin Hayes' long term and you know the other two that just jump out, no, I guess, no surprise. It's all young guys. Very much into seeing Kirby continue to dominate in this respect, because especially early on in his first couple of starts or after his first two, I think it was his like next three was just pitching to crazy contact. He's finding rhythm. An Oscar Gonzalez major major contact guy who continues to hit under the radar for everybody. Really he's not a big monster power guy, but he just makes tons and tons of contact. He did hit a homer last night, drove in full or probably someone you should take a look at maybe in twelve definitely deeper, but maybe in twelve and stuff like that. You could stream him. He's great for batting average and it's not completely empty. So young guys showing out. You said all the stars are being stars, while the young guys are starting to show out as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here's some here's some fun requests to you from the pants and Cracker Jackson. Monte Penguin wants me to call at two am and do a Shakespearean monologue and rayleiota voice. I'll do that, I got, I got no problem with that. My cousin wants me to call him as Christopher Walk and I call him anyway. So it really doesn't make much sense here. If Jills, I want a five minute apology directed towards dare Ogunbawalle, No, I like that. I won't.
Speaker 2: No, No, I think that's a fair. But here's the deal though, I think this offer ends July first, so you guys, but specific offer we're gonna like. I mean, Joe, I'm the one that's setting fantasy pros up. I say we give them away some giveaways, something that they're not comfortable with, and Joe will call. He will follow you on Twitter, and he will call you. I'm just setting this for Joe, and Joe will call you personally from his phone and talk to you. But we have to get to eight k by July first.
Speaker 1: If not give away, I'll give away old baseball cards. I'll do all kinds of fun things we get to ak well, we'll definitely make that work. I got no problem with that. Incentivization is good. Uh, injuries are not sal Perez undergoing MRI on that injured thumb, but Joe follower, excuse me, Jorge Alfarrow, it's on hitting home runs. So, uh, isn't that kind of the perfect guy right now to be grabbing and stashing on your bench and uh opefully put him in the lineup next week or if you can get him now at a daily transaction league and put him in your lineup, right.
Speaker 2: Didn't I just talk about him yesterday and then we just talked about this yesterday. This is a guy I picked up personally in tout and these two you know these awesome too catcher. You know these things that everybody wakes up and everyone's like, oh, you know what, it's gonna get me into Fantasy baseball.
Speaker 1: Two catchers.
Speaker 2: That's what's going to get me when we're really trying to, you know, grow the sport. But Jorheal Farrow is one of those guys who's even moving beyond just two catcher leagues. It's funny something we're gonna do here in a little bit had me having to look at catchers and voting on catchers, and it's something I don't want to do. My catcher stance is very similar ish to Jake Seely's kicker stance, which I'm just not into it, though I won't like not have that alere.
Speaker 1: Like, you can play fantasy football without kickers and your life is perfectly fine. You should play with a catcher. Playing with two, especially in fifteen team leagues where you're going thirty deep, is nonsense. It's it's it makes no sense to me. I understand why it was once. Actually I don't even understand why it was once a thing early I.
Speaker 2: Don't don't get. Like everything else in fantasy baseball, for the most part, makes sense of me. We have the corner middle endfielder thing that's just to get a few more hitters in. But like two catchers. But I mean, I guess to the fair point, someone could argue is like, why do we have five outfielders as well? But beyond the top couple guys, it's a big clump. Actually, just was working on my my updated redraft ranks, which I'm gonna have over at in this League dot com July first to write it in the first week of July, and it's a huge clump to me, like maybe there's one guy at the top, and then there's like seven guys over here, and then it just keeps kind of just getting.
Speaker 1: Has been awful this year for the most part.
Speaker 2: I mean, Will Smith hasn't been Will Smith hasn't been good terrible. But my point is is that back end, if you're living in that pool portiol Faro is exactly the type of guy you should own and should have because you can jump whatever Sean Murphy or whatever loser catcher you have, and you pick him up and you run Alfaro out there for a bit, and then when he struggles, you just move right on. Alfaro's really really great. Was once a top prospect as well with the Phillies, as went to the Marlins and now here, I want.
Speaker 1: To say, start out with the Rangers of memory serves am I correct?
Speaker 2: I believe it was the Phillies. Well, now I'm gonna have to look. M Let's see, I think he was a Ranger draft.
Speaker 1: I think he was drafted by the Texas Rangers.
Speaker 2: I mean I he was there at.
Speaker 1: There were something that is. Maybe he went there from the Phillies. Maybe that's what I'm thinking of.
Speaker 2: But I got a look.
Speaker 1: Well, now I've I've thrown a challenge to mister prospect here. If I get this right, then that's one in my car.
Speaker 2: I'm going to be super'll be it'll be super ups if you're if you're correct about that, Let's see you know what you are right about that? In two Yeah, man, this is wild. I don't remember this at all. Two thousand, did.
Speaker 1: You say it one more time? Because I never hear it, Joe about that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you were right about that. Twenty ten. He was drafted by the Rangers, it looks like, and he was with them through two thousand and fourteen to High A and then he was traded to Philly in twenty fifteen. And he was with Philly all the way through twenty eighteen. So my prime mental years of al Barrow were in the Philly years.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to remember he was in a deal that went over to the Phillies for it was something like relatively useful. I remember it was kind of a deal, you know, the transaction was off the top of my head. But I do remember him being with the Rangers when he came up and look, and sometimes it just takes guys a long time to figure things out, or maybe it's just a hot streak regardless. Before we get into the rest of the show, I do want to tell everybody who's watching and listening, we are going to vote for the All Star Game today live on the show. So Welsh and I are going to fill out our ballots here and we would like you to participate. If you are one of the Peanuts and cracker Jacks, you can have your vote as we're going position by position. Because there's no real DFS tonight. It's a Thursday night, it's like a short slate. So we said, hey, let's have some fun the All Star Games around the corner. I'm gone next week. Let's do a fun thing. Let's do bits. I love bits. I know everybody loves bits.
Speaker 2: You love bits. I've got the trade, by the way, I oh, what is the trade? It's a whole article. So it's a little complicated. I believe it looked like for a minute this was in a It wasn't the coal hammless it looked like it. But it goes, oh my, the Phillies, the Philly. It's see, yes, okay, so the Phillies agreed to trade coal hamils to the Rangers and exchange the the Philly. Let's see the Phillies got Jake Thompson, Whorhl Farrow, Jared Eckoff outfielder, Nick Williams, and Alec Asher right hander. I mean, what a pile of garbage to look back on one of my favorite things. You know what, I might start a new podcast, Joe, I might start a new podcast, and the podcast is going to be it's gonna be going back on trades, looking back on trades and may be able to a five year window and just analyzing one trade an episode. That's gonna be my new podcast because think of how blockbusterish this was. I do remember this at the time. Nick Williams was a huge prospect, and look at what garbage this is. No one exists in this trade except literally no one exists in this entire trade except Joor Hale Fiow. He's the only one that I.
Speaker 1: He was the big piece, was the big power hitting catcher that was supposed to go in And you know, I hit a bunch of home runs in that little Philly ballpark and it just never happened at Fortune.
Speaker 2: And he was up right around JP Crawford. I think that's why my brain gets so far as Philly, because he was up around the JP.
Speaker 1: The JP now and then the Joe ep memory comes through every now and then.
Speaker 2: The worst thing you getting this right, It's the worst thing. Thanks your vacation next week.
Speaker 1: God, I'm actually surprised that you I'm surprised that you didn't just come to it sooner.
Speaker 2: There didn't register in my brain. Jorel Faro, it was all Phillies.
Speaker 1: We've spent way too much time on Horeo Faller today. Let's let's spend more time on joey Otani instead. So if you were listening yesterday, we told you someplace has had it about five, right, maybe even five and a half. One house had it at six, the consensus betting pros number. Now the consensus number is plus four hundred. After last night's performance, it moved a whole.
Speaker 2: A whole twenty five percent moved twenty five percent right kind of overall.
Speaker 1: And in some places as well, she's saying it's plus three fifty on bet MGM plus three fifty over on FanDuel. On DK, we said K headed on three to fifteen, DK is three eighty three eighty has okay so and Fox bets at three seventy five. So, look, this was coming. You had to be prepared for it. Hopefully you got it at the five to one. Now here's the thing I'm gonna say. Now, it's back to three and a half. So if you didn't listen last night, well, is this the time for people to go in at three and a half again if they want to get Otani? Because now if he rattles off a really hot end of June into the All Star Game, you know, there's a real good chance here that Shoey Otani is going to get real close to Aaron Judge here at some point.
Speaker 2: So yeah, there's a couple things with that. We actually we did. We did this conversation over on the in this Leek pod that airs today, because Bogmann has been like you kind of in the exact same respect that any Bet besides, a Tani is silly. And here's the thing. One of the focuses we've done in the episode is looking at like future projections rest of the year. If you go by projections the bat X Derek Carty's probably one of the most accurate. I think it's been voted in that respect. If you go by Derek Carty's projection systems, Otani will have over one hundred and eighty five strikeouts over ten wins. He will have a loath like around three to three ERA, and that's as a picture. On the hitting side, he will have around thirty five homers over twenty stolen bases, and he will have one hundred run and one hundred RBI. So think about that for a minute. Thirty five twenty one hundred, one hundred and then like a two seventy batting average while also striking out almost two hundred with double digit wins. Listen, Aaron Judge is incredible. He had two more homers he added to his cause. I just don't see a world where if he hits those numbers, I don't care what a Judge does.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like the FLA last year. Yet it doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter at all. I completely agree. So yes, I think this is the time to still bet Otani because if this continues, if you keep going, if he gets hot, this is only going to get closer. It's only going to come down at some point it's going to be Judge plus one twenty five and Otani at one eighty five. So you're only going to get extra odds here. And the best thing to continuously say is, you know, these books really should consider stuff like what FanDuel does where you can buy out of it if you want, because then your investment is an absolute no brainer because you're only going to add money at this point. That's one thing I feel really confident about. Even if he doesn't win, if you play on fanduels specifically where you can buy out, you are money only going to profit on this. So yeah, it's an absolute bet for me.
Speaker 1: All Right, here's fun facts for you. With six multi homer games already this season, Aaron Judge joins Babe Ruth nineteen twenty eight as the only player in franchise history to achieve that feat with the Yankees is first seventy games of a season. That's according to ESPN Stats and Info Judges twenty two multi homer games is a Yankee trailing Ruth who has sixty eight. Mantle has forty six, Luke gerrig Is forty three, Joe DiMaggio thirty five, and a rod at twenty nine. So Judge has been great, but you know, to be a great Yankee takes a lot more. On this day in baseball, here's a fun one. Nineteen eighty four, and I remember watching this game as a kid in Brooklyn. I remember we were it was a I think it was a Saturday afternoon. I believe, if memory serves and cleterarally, memory serving me pretty well. Today nineteen eighty four, the Chicago Cubs Ryan Sandberg hit not one, but two late inning home runs off Bruce Soiter. He tied the game. Then it went to uh I think it was eleven innings, and then Sandberg hit the walk off after that. So it was just an incredible thing where you know they came back there. Uh. Just I just a vivid childhood baseball memory, and Ryan Sandberg was one of my favorite players.
Speaker 2: Old how do you I was on? How old?
Speaker 1: I was six years old? I was six years old? And again and baseball things for me just vivid memories. I mean baseball. I mean, it wasn't much on TV, so like when you got were these things. But I remember we were supposed to go out to dinner or something. I was like, wait, wait, wait, I want to see this. This is great. This is really like being a pain in the ass.
Speaker 2: Your parents are like, we're gonna go eat. You're like, hey yo, hold on, hey yo, come on. There's like three channel. I mean I I was one and I don't really remember anything, probably pre ten years old, so to you, I.
Speaker 1: Have very vivid ba I like that weird like Sheldon Cooper identic memory kind of thing. Also, nineteen eighty eight, George Steinbrenner fires Billy Martin for the fifth time Today in Baseball, replaced with Lou Panella. Then nineteen eighty five, Panella was fired and replaced by Billy Martin, and nineteen eighty five later that year, Martin was fired again and replaced by Panela. I mean, I just wish this all happened in the days of social media, because the memes for Steinbrenner and and Billy Martin would have just been absolutely spectacular, all right, I mean, we really missed out like that. Would have been a special time. Could you imagine Can you imagine the madness of an owner now firing a manager and then rehiring them once lit alone five times. I mean that is absurd to think that that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, you know he's just smoking the dugout back then, So I mean crazy stuff was happening back in baseball in the eighties.
Speaker 1: Yes, a lot of stuff.
Speaker 2: A lot more stuff than that, lot more stuff and cigarettes.
Speaker 1: All right, here's a fun question, your trivia question of the day, and this is courtesy of our own Mike Mayer. Austin Hayes hit for the cycle? Who was the last Oriole player to hit for the cycle? If you know the answer, drop it in the chat over Fantasy pros MLB channel and you're in the show again. Who's the last Oriole to hit for the cycle? And I will say, and Felix Pa did it. This is the second time Felix Pa has come up on the show in two weeks, which is but he did not do it. It is a lot of pie. So if you know who it is, drop it.
Speaker 2: So your your hint is it was after Felix Pa.
Speaker 1: Correct, It's between Felix PA and Hard plays. No, it's between Felix pat and Austin Hayes.
Speaker 2: So and that I love that. I think it's I think it's I think Andre just got it? Am I correct about this?
Speaker 1: Did Andre just get it? No? But Melvin Mora is a good dancer. Melvin Moore. There's a player I haven't thought of.
Speaker 2: How Oh?
Speaker 1: I know? It got me excited, Like I will give another hint though, Like Melvin Mora, this player did play for the Mets and the Orioles in his career, so that should be a little bit of help.
Speaker 2: Doesn't help me?
Speaker 1: All right, Let's move on here to the next bit of the show. Here, Let's do a little deep dive because we haven't done one a little bit, and then we'll do our All Star voting and do some home run calls. Uh so, deep dive here. Over the last fifteen games, I was looking at who the run leaders are, you know in Major League Baseball. Kyle Schwarber is up at the top with fourteen. Nobody has more run scored over the last two weeks than Kyle Schwarber, one of the best bylow. We talked about him a million times. Adulas Garcia is at thirteen along with Jake Croninworth, Glaber Torres also at thirteen, CJ Crown at twelve, and then he got Danny Mendick with twelve as well, another name I did not expect to see in about out there as well. So some surprising names there on that list in terms of you know, guys who are getting it done right now. And look, when someone's hot in the in those two weeks, you know you gotta be playing them, you gotta be putting him the lineup. But I thought some of those names there were pretty you know, eventually you get to the Chisholms and the gold Schmids and the Aaron Judges of the world at eleven. But there's a whole other group up at the top here, and Schwarber was the top one. And I think Schwarber, if anybody's responded to the Joe Girardi firing, it feels like Schwarber has been that dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree, you know, a little jump ahead I suppose to the All Star voting. But seeing Adolas Garcia on here, Adulas was actually somebody that I threw on. I threw on Adolas Garcia on my voting because he has been phenomenal this year statistically. I was actually in the there's a Fantasy pros article that everybody might want to go check out a by Low's and I think Joey and both myself are on there. And one of the things that was interesting, one of the guys I had was Juan Soto. What the opposite take can be is adults Garcia is beating one Soto in every single category except for Homer's, and they're one apart every other category he's had, and he's continuously been great over the last thirty days. I believe Adolas Garcia on Yahoo's algorithm number one player in standard five by five. So Adols Garcia not surprised he's on this list, and I almost put him on the All Star voting as well.
Speaker 1: All right, very good, All right, let's move on to Oh, actually we'll give you the trivia question first. So and nobody seen Michuel Tahata again, I'll oh, somebody did get it. Look at Daryl Daryl got it? Jonathan vr is the answer? Well done. Brian Roberts was a good guest. Brady Andrews was a good guest. But again I told you it's more recent. So this was Jonathan vr was the last.
Speaker 2: Yeah, breat well, Brady Anderson was my guest. I literally spouted it out right before you said the Felix Pa.
Speaker 1: Thing, and I was like twenty nineteen is when he did it. That was the last oriole to go ahead. Good job, Darryl. You win my undying respect. There you go. All right, let's fly through some of the heroes and zeros and then we'll go ahead to our home run calls and vote for the All Star Game. Let us start here, of course, with Joey o'tani at the top, eight scoreless innings for him, Carlos Rodan seven innings, one earned run, ten k's for him, Charlie Morton eleven strikeouts, boil Boy Morton finally getting on track after just a terrible first couple months of the season. Pablo Lopez was good again. Seven innings, six k's, no earned runs, one run did given up by him. George Kirby one excuse me, one walk, six k's, six innings, pitch, no earned runs. Austin Hayes four for four with the cycle we mentioned, Jordan Alvarez with two home runs, Carlos Correa with two home runs, also Aaron Judge with two g r Schella with a home run and a triple three RBI. I'm Ed Rosario four for five with a home run, Patrick Wisdom with a home run, Jazz Chism with a home run as well. Jared Ikoff was not good. Ten earned runs. Is the first time ever in Pirates history that the first time a guy took the mountain for the Pirates gave up ten earned runs. So way to make history, Jared Koff. Good job, Lucas Giolito. That again, the era is up to five to four seven earned yesterday eleven hits. What's the situation here with Gilio because I'm concerned that it's a health issue here, Welsh. I do not like this trend here for Gilito at all.
Speaker 2: This is not I think it might be the same thing. Actually going to do a little bit more of a deep dive. I'm going on Rhode Wire today with Jeff Erickson, and that's one of the guys we're going to be talking about. I don't think there's a stuff issue. I mean, believing Giolito hurts me more than anybody because that was my preseason guy, had a preseason bet on him. I thought this was the year, he was coming into his own on strikeouts, was going to go deep into games, going to lead that rotation. Really everything that Cease was doing outside of the crazy strikeouts, I thought Gildo was going to be the number one guy regardless of that. And I think there's got to be in health, a health issue with it. I mean, I think over his last nine five starts, he's got like a nine era, he's absolutely blown up. He's thought not throwing quality pitches on strikes, and he's getting hit up left and right, and there's no more strikeouts to speak of. So Gildo is not somebody that I'm done with. I definitely think you need to proceed with caution until we get you know, we get some answers. Is there an injury? Does he have to have an eel stent? But this is worrisome. This is really really worrisome because we're beyond the whole like, hey, could he like win awards and could he know? It's like, can we really make Stuart him? Exactly?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And I made trade for him my home league this year with and I I tell you, man, like I was like, oh, Chris is great. I can't believe I got him at this cost This is fantastic and it was a team that are going to rebuild it too, So I was like, oh, this is perfect, a cost efficient guy too. I can keep him next year. Dude. It has not been good, not been good whatsoever. I can tell you that. So no bueno, very very frustrating, very frustrating, no doubt about that. All right, let's move on here to some more What do we have? What do we have? We have, of course more hitters who were bad, so let's go to that. Actually got a couple more pictures too. Paul Blackburn seven and runs, Mike Mayer did a little dance. Threek schoobl six earned runs, So bad start from him. Remember last night we were kind of yesterday on the show, we said, look, normally we're all over school, but let's stay away from it against Boston. So I'm glad we did that. Tristan McKenzie six earned runs. He had been very good. This was a bad start for him at Carlos Carrasco got lit up by the Houston Astros five earned runs, Dalton varshow over five two, k's Wilson Contrez over five to two, k's Louis Urius three k's hitting just two twelve or forty three games. Not good. Marcus Simeon oh four with three k's. Same for Nolan Gorman, Jeter Downs oh for four with three kings. But Boston did chant. Let's go Jeter in Fenway Park. So how do you feel about that?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, get used to oh for four with three k's for ga Down. So if you're a Red Sox fan, get used to that stat line because it's gonna be going mighty familiar familiar.
Speaker 1: All right, So the time has come. It's time for us to vote for the All Star Games. So, oh, you've got your your favorites here that you want to vote for. Again, We're gonna do a position by position, start with first base. Look to me, it's first base is pretty easy. I know, gold Schmidt and Alonso been very close. It's very difficult in the National League to pick one of them. But I have to give it to Paul Goldschman, who's hitting three thirty nine right now. So I'm going to go ahead and vote for gold shmanth the National League at first who you voted.
Speaker 2: For, Yeah, I mean the same thing. I don't need to I don't need to add too much to it completely agree, easy choice Paul Goldschmidt for one, even though I know Alonso's doing the work. This was easy, where the al first baseman was not easy.
Speaker 1: You know, the AO first baseman. I want to give ty France a chance. I really do, me too, exact nineteen batting average. I want to go with Ty France. That's who I want to vote for. I just feel like he deserves you know, like, how many times is he gonna get voted over Vlad Guerrero Junior? Not many, So let's let's give him a chance here. You know, Lad is probably gonna make the team anyway because he's flat now. Second base I think is pretty easy in the American League. It's Altwov for me. Do you agree?
Speaker 2: Uh no, Actually, you know what, I just didn't like that number. I actually went with Torres thirty two U thirty two RBI with thirteen homers. Just looking at the position, I didn't. I mean, I'm shocked that Santiago Espinal is number two here, but Altuve is twenty four total RBI right now, Glabor has the exact amount of homers and he's got like fifty percent more RBA.
Speaker 1: That miss a week though, didn't they remember he was on the IL.
Speaker 2: Or Yeah, but that doesn't matter. I mean they're almost the same batting average. I think it's actually pretty putrid second base here, so I actually went with Labor over Altuve.
Speaker 1: And then the National League is a jazz chism for you, which has got to burn? Right? Oh yeah yeah, easy, yeah, easy, okay, So third base here, let's go into third base again. If you want to vote along with us, go for it. H third base. It's tight here between Jose Ramirez and Raphaeld Devers, but to me, it's got to be Hose Ramir. I'm sorry, Like he's just been unbelievable. So we were on board with that. Same Z's okay, Samese's there, National League Manny Machado, right, I mean.
Speaker 2: That's pretty easy, okay, easy, ones.
Speaker 1: It's one of the easier years voting for the All Star Game, all right here, this is gonna be harder. Shortstop in the American League has not been great. I mean you got you know, Boba Schett is leading the voting right now. Tim Anderson is second. But Tim Anderson has been on the IL for a couple of weeks. Bogart's is a nice player. But where do you want to go for this one?
Speaker 2: You actually just said him. Actually, I would have loved to have gone Franco. I think there's all these great names. I went with Xander Bogarts. He's in three thirty five with thirty one rbi and almost nine hundred oh ps. I think the names are out there, but this was a pretty easy decision for me.
Speaker 1: All Right, what about the National League? Where you go in here? Dan szy Swanson have a good year, but seems like Trey Turner.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, I almost went Dansby, but I'm going with Trey Turner. Fifty rbi, lots of stolen bases. It's it was pretty easy trade Turner, even though Dansby is an easy All Star this year.
Speaker 1: How many catchers do you want to vote for? Today? Voted for none.
Speaker 2: I didn't. I didn't vote for a single catcher.
Speaker 1: Though I'm voting for the fat guy. I'm voting for Alejandro Kirk. Come on, let's go, let's.
Speaker 2: Have some Al's garbage. I literally look at it and I don't know who to pick. Like he's first in voting, Sure if you want that? On the NL League is contrarast. I mean Wilson easy. It's Wilson Contre's easy. But I just don't see an al catcher. Honestly, I think they're just a kirk maybe, I guess.
Speaker 1: All right, So in the American League, in the outfield, Aaron Judge, I think we can all agree on that. Yes, yep, okay, Aaron Judge, we're locking and loading there. Who is your second guy that you want to lock and load in the field? Trout?
Speaker 2: Trout is on there, yes, okay, So I'll give you my last one. I think Trout and him are easy. I went with Julio Rodriguez as my third one. I told you I was considering. I was considering the dolls in there. But Julio, with how he's played on the year, almost hitting two eighty thirty three RBI, you know, tied or ben Lee. I don't know if he got surpassed, but at the top of stolen bases, he's been a lynch pin. I think it's actually pretty easy Julio number three.
Speaker 1: Just as long as it is not Buxton that.
Speaker 2: I didn't put bog I'm not I'm not, come on.
Speaker 1: I'm not. I know, I know, I'm just teasing you. But but yeah, you know, Julio's fun. I like the Julio one. It's tough here Springer and stand there kind of the same guy, Like they're kind of similar. I don't know. I mean, I like George Springer, but you know what, I think you convinced me, Julio, you know, leading the American league's own basis too. Let's go in the National League though, let's go to these guys. You want to put Acunya in even though he missed time or no I did.
Speaker 2: He was actually my last choice.
Speaker 1: He was also, that's right, that's the yeah, Mookie.
Speaker 2: Was number one regardless of injury. Acuna got there. He's put up good numbers in a very short period of time, so he's pretty easy to put up there. And my last one, I really struggle with NL outfields actually put the Schwarbs. The Schwarbs, even though the batting average is low. Right now, I put nineteen homers thirty nine RBI. But I could be sold in a different direction because I'll also tell you Bryce Harper's listed as a d H on this, so that kind of changed for me. It would be Harper kept trying to add him, and I'm like, why is this not working, but he's a DH. So I went with Schwarbs, but I'm not confident about it. He's just such a mashing home run guy. The average is pretty future though, would be an All Star, but I just don't see, like, who did you pick who else?
Speaker 1: No? I actually think Swarbur is the right answer. I mean, he's got a ton of home runs and that's fun. That's what you want. You want some power in there. Bryce Harper does make sense of DH. But the problem is the American League. Now you got Jordan Alvarez and Joey Otana. You gotta choose from now. Look, he can't deny Alvarez. I feel like as a hitter, but I want Otani in this game. I mean, I'd love him to start the All Star Game. That would be my ideal situation. So that's that's where I'd like to be. But yeah, I mean I went with Albert.
Speaker 2: I went with Alvarez over the assumption that he would be a starter. You know, he would make the lineup and he'd be a pitcher and all that stuff. But yeah, I went with Alverret. I mean, he's getting over three hundred and twenty one homers in one thousand oh, ps, I don't know how he doesn't be the starting DH.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's got to be. He's gotta be. All right, we got to get out of here today before we do. Give me your home run call for the night, Welsh, where are you going?
Speaker 2: We're gonna go Buck, We're gonna go to Buxton. Speaking of pleae, Sack likes to give up some homers, ten homers and sixty ish innings pitched. He didn't play yesterday. He should be in the lineup today. Give me big bombs from Byron Buxton.
Speaker 1: All right, give me Jordan Alvarez it too yesterday. You've got Judge and alvaing.
Speaker 2: Head to head today.
Speaker 1: Fun. So I'm gonna go with the Alvarez side of that one. So that'll do it for us. But the story of the game goes on. Don't forget when you make your wagers, go over to betting pros, and of course make sure you bet ten dollars to win two hundred at bet MGM, the King of sports books. That's all you gotta do. Promo code leading off. One word is leading off. Go to bed MGM right now. I know we were relying the props and dfs today, but that was the All Star Game Special. But if you're gonna make your own Tani move, now's the time to do it, and do it at bet MGM again. Leading off is the promo code when you sign up for new users at bedmgm dot com or download the app. That'll do it for us. But the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time. Kids, You're all awesome.
Speaker 2: No box, then no bo