Speaker 1: Second date, up date.
Speaker 2: I feel like we hear this a lot from our male listeners telling us about how hard it is to be a dude on the dating apps because you can match with forty women, send out forty messages and never hear a word back from.
Speaker 1: Any of that.
Speaker 3: I mean, how many times can you write suck girl and nobody else?
Speaker 4: That is so disappointing, Jeff, It's a.
Speaker 1: Lot of letters to type.
Speaker 5: Or do what I do.
Speaker 1: It's a bunch of games to be super Yeah.
Speaker 2: Obviously it's easy to blame Brook for this because we all know if she was still single and on the dating app, she'd be messaging back every dude who even glanced at her profile.
Speaker 4: I've been a problem, honest to God.
Speaker 3: Would not have had time for a full time job if the dating apps had been around when I was single.
Speaker 2: Because she is a charity dater and a generous one, that is correct. Apparently there's another option out there for single men to conce that's even better than the apps, and that's where our listener Caleb is at right now.
Speaker 1: So Caleb, welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: Hey, thank you guys.
Speaker 4: Wait, like is as in it's a physical place?
Speaker 1: Not really sure?
Speaker 2: He just said he found another option and alternative to the dating apps that he likes even better. So, Caleb, I really am interested to find out what you're doing right now.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, a little bit of backstory is I started off on dating apps, and yeah, it is a real challenge for guys. I heard like one percent of guys match with anybody.
Speaker 4: What only one percent of men get matches?
Speaker 1: Wow, it's higher than I would have thought. So that's still.
Speaker 4: That's pretty wild.
Speaker 5: Whether or not it is true, I have to cly that's my experience. So I realized, Okay, I just got to get out in the real world. Okay, So a couple of weeks ago, I found this TV on craig list. Looked like it was in a really good shape.
Speaker 4: Okay, and I bought it, and you bought a TV.
Speaker 5: Yep, you needed to. He cleaned up, took it home. Turned out it was an Arby's digital Menuh.
Speaker 1: I've seen this happen.
Speaker 4: Wait what, I don't get it.
Speaker 6: So you know when they print like the when you go into an Arby's and the menu is on a flat screen. After like six years, they just sell them and they get rid of them because they're old.
Speaker 4: They're not actually TV screens.
Speaker 3: They're like they can only show the Arby's menus.
Speaker 1: It's oh, they look like an RB's menu.
Speaker 3: It's so no matter what you're watching, you can still kind of see the outline of.
Speaker 4: The over the top of it.
Speaker 2: Can you still smell the RBS that seeped into the like electronics?
Speaker 1: Guy, I just want to number two so bad right now?
Speaker 4: Armies need screensavers.
Speaker 6: No, but most restaurants, like like Jbox, that makes sense.
Speaker 1: You just sell them.
Speaker 4: So you actually now you're watching Arby's.
Speaker 5: The heck I am. I tried to contacting the guy again because I wanted to get my money back. He completely blocked me. Of course. Yeah, so I was so pissed I decided to take this thing. I didn't even want to send it on the curb. Actually took it to the dump what belonged? Okay, while it was there, it turns out there's this lovely young woman right there who was well shut out.
Speaker 4: Your big hack is to meet women at the dock.
Speaker 5: Look at you can't argue with the results.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, it's a good dating hack.
Speaker 2: I guess meeting women. I'm assuming she's just visiting the dump, but she doesn't live there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's a order.
Speaker 5: No, no, she was quite lovely good Okay.
Speaker 4: Okay, how do you strike up a conversation with her?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 4: Man, nice garbage?
Speaker 5: Actually, she asked me, why are you throwing away his brand new television, big flatter dud.
Speaker 4: When my mom goes to the dump, she often brings stuff home, a free for all. Anything you want that.
Speaker 6: People love it, People like literally go her.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you like gave her your old TV.
Speaker 5: Oh no, I wasn't gonna let anybody have that. Once she asked about it, that was my opening to tell her the story. Yes, she thought was just completely hilarious.
Speaker 4: Did you love a woman who will laugh at your pain?
Speaker 5: Right? Then? She also needed some help, so then I started helping her at theater trucks and we ended up just really connected. So I got her number.
Speaker 4: Wait, is the dumb the only date because then you were being used?
Speaker 5: Yeah? No, not at all. No, No, I got her number and I called her after so.
Speaker 1: That would have been funny.
Speaker 5: Well, if we went to Rvy's, I'm gonna known exactly what I wanted.
Speaker 1: Where'd you go?
Speaker 5: We went out, just pour a couple of drinks and Oh my gosh, she is so cool. She Yeah, she's no basically the first person I met in real life in like the last decade.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you mean that you can go out with like you've come in contact with other humans.
Speaker 6: Sounds like you have a roofle of dolls and you're like.
Speaker 4: So you had a great time.
Speaker 5: Oh we did. Oh my goodness, she cleaned up so nice.
Speaker 3: I mean, I will say, if you're attracted to a woman in her dump attire, you're gonna find her hot, like hot hot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it sounds like it's the first woman that he's like spoken to in ten years.
Speaker 3: So it does sound like the hermit that it's a pretty.
Speaker 5: Low bar you can say, Oh you want. All I'm going to say is I was at the dump getting rid of something, and I managed to get a cute woman's phone number. So okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you thought that there would be another hangout when you guys were done with drinks and everything.
Speaker 5: I really thought. Also, I mean, it's not like the craiglist guy who just completely blocked me. You know, she's still responding. I just need you guys to help me out and seeing if she's willing to go out with me again. It doesn't seem like it.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, yeah, we want to step in and help you out.
Speaker 1: We'll come back.
Speaker 2: We're gonna call this garbage gal and see if we can get her to agree Landscale Queen, whatever it is, well, hopefully get her to answer and get you a second date update.
Speaker 1: Right after this thank you second date update.
Speaker 2: You know, Caleb was just on with us telling us how hard of a time he's been having matching online with women in his area and if the call doesn't go well today, I do have an alternative option for him. Oh you do, because I saw a news article where South Korea is offering foreign men thirty six thousand dollars cash to move there and marry a local woman.
Speaker 4: You'll get the money after the marriage or.
Speaker 2: The money plus they'll give you all the used rb TV screens that you can handle, due South Korean Arby's are the best.
Speaker 4: I actually believe that. Oh my god, that sounds so good.
Speaker 2: But before Caleb considers moving continents, he did meet a woman here in real life, and Brookie, you're probably the best person to say how it happened, since your parents conceived you at the dump, so tell his story.
Speaker 4: Did we call that the Dufort mall where I'm from. No, they met at the dump. That's kind of the end of the story there. I don't know what did you want me to add to it?
Speaker 1: You romanticized it so well, Brooke, thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean she was hauling stuff, he was hauling stuff. They're both throwing things into the big pile.
Speaker 2: The bottom line is he was able to turn that meet up into a first date officially, but after that she's been kind of avoidant.
Speaker 1: And Caleb, did we miss anything?
Speaker 2: There was that romantic enough for you?
Speaker 5: I felt like it was a little more romantic, but yeah you okay, did.
Speaker 3: You reach over and take the smudge dirt off of her face?
Speaker 2: Because yeah, wait a second, that's not dirty.
Speaker 1: No, this is getting more romantic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here, guys, let's just call Rebecca for you keep going, yeah, because we could go all day with this.
Speaker 1: I'm just going to dial your number right now, Thank you very much. Okay, shut up and let me talk. Here we go. Hello, Hey, is this Rebecca?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 8: Yeah, hi?
Speaker 2: Uh, my name is jeff from a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 4: I got it done there.
Speaker 8: Oh, I don't know, but that sounds okay. I guess wow.
Speaker 6: That's exactly the best description of the Okay, who is here?
Speaker 1: Good morning, we've all been wanting to talk to you.
Speaker 8: Well, I don't like to be on public.
Speaker 1: Radio, but you know this isn't public radio. Brook listens to that trash.
Speaker 4: Yeah, definitely commercial radio.
Speaker 2: We're doing a segment here, Rebecca. It's called a second Date Update, and we're trying to help out one of our listeners reconnect with you after you've gone out once before.
Speaker 1: His name is Caleb.
Speaker 8: Uh Caleb.
Speaker 3: Yes, Yes, I'm dying to hear your like meet cute story.
Speaker 1: Well, we're pretty sure we know the story, Brooke, because I.
Speaker 3: Know we know the story, but I want to hear what she thought when she saw him and the dump, Like that's so unexpected.
Speaker 8: I actually really like him. He seems so interesting and.
Speaker 3: Okay when you're at the Dumper, when you guys were at drinks, he was so interesting, like.
Speaker 7: Both places at the dump, I mean, he seems interesting. And then I was like, I don't really go out with then that I meet at the dump.
Speaker 1: But well that's refreshing, thank god.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I bet there's a lot of them though, but.
Speaker 2: Let's let's just back things up for you, Rebecca, because here's what we know from Caleb. He told us the story and said, you two met at the dump, you had a connection there, talked about us, TVs and whatnot, and then he ended up asking you out and you went out for drinks and had a nice time together.
Speaker 1: That we did okay.
Speaker 3: He said he was so impressed with how cool we were. Like, I thought that was a really nice compliment.
Speaker 8: That is really nice, and like I was like that at first too.
Speaker 2: I totally was okay, So clearly something has changed, at least on your end since your meetup. Could you maybe help us understand what that would be so we could pass the information to him because he's totally confused.
Speaker 8: So after my date with Caleb the next day, and went on the dating app and guess who I see it? I see Caleb?
Speaker 2: Okay, his profile came up.
Speaker 4: What it's weird? I feel like you just matched.
Speaker 2: And then you're like, hey, yeah, if anything, it could be a sign.
Speaker 1: That he popped up for you.
Speaker 4: Even the algorithm wants you to be together.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I thought it was so great because then I would be able to find out more about him. I just kept on reading about him and reading more and more, and the more I read about him, it's just like the more boring he seems like.
Speaker 6: He just doesn't boring answers, you.
Speaker 8: Know, the branded answers like I go to the gym.
Speaker 4: I think, But why would that matter?
Speaker 2: I said, You've already gone out with him, you know what he's like in real life.
Speaker 3: So and it also explains why he was having such a hard time on the dating apps.
Speaker 4: He is a terrible profile.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't watch anyone that does serious answers me.
Speaker 5: My profile is not horrible.
Speaker 2: Oh osy, Okay, Well Caleb was supposed to wait, but I guess I need to tell you, Rebecca that that's Caleb on the other line.
Speaker 1: He's been listening to this conversation.
Speaker 4: What a not boring thing to do?
Speaker 1: He's assertive.
Speaker 8: Wow, you know sorry, I'm just I don't understand.
Speaker 5: How are you worried about my profile when we went out on like one and a half each. That doesn't make any sense. I don't I'm not sure I understand what's going on here.
Speaker 8: Your boring profile. It just stuck with me.
Speaker 4: Oh no, what was the most boring part of it?
Speaker 1: Like we probably shouldn't recap it.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think we want to bring back up.
Speaker 8: So branded it was like the same thing, like that guy's the weekend a GM like.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think that's like a generic thing that people just want to be mass appeal.
Speaker 1: I'm just hot.
Speaker 5: Hey guys, I'm still here. Everyone's talking about my crappy profile.
Speaker 3: I I don't think you should take offense to it, Like my husband has like this one really cute guy friend and his dating profile makes him look like a total loser, but in real life.
Speaker 4: He's awesome, and maybe that's you.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean I've heard of people like not wanting to go out before the date because of a boring profile, but not after it. You should know him by this point, Rebecca, Like you've hung out with him?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Were you bored when you hung out?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 4: Okay, that's funny, that's funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, see the disconnect, right, you know.
Speaker 8: It's just the last thing that stuck with me. It really was.
Speaker 2: It's burned in like the RB's menu on that TV screen.
Speaker 1: Just can't get rid of it.
Speaker 6: You're perfect for each other if you.
Speaker 1: Don't even know it.
Speaker 2: Yes, I mean we need to step back where I think we're jumping in too much. Let's re establish the connection that you two had with each other. Caleb, talk to Rebecca and light that spark back up.
Speaker 5: Rebecca, this is so backwards for the way this kind of thing always happened. We met in person, we were together, we had a great time together both times that we saw each other, and then the last thing you did was see my profile and decide you don't want to see me. Come on, sweetie, Come on Rebecca.
Speaker 2: Oh God, did you say sweetye a lot inside of your profile.
Speaker 1: I'm looking for my sweetie side because of them.
Speaker 2: All Right, we're running out of time here, so at this point I just have to offer Rebecca, we'll send you out one more time with Caleb and we'll pay for the date.
Speaker 4: God, I'm having such a hard time.
Speaker 2: Just don't look at his profile before you answer. Just go off of what's in your heart right now.
Speaker 8: I can't get over it. I just can't.
Speaker 5: Are you serious?
Speaker 4: That is so funny?
Speaker 5: The dating app? Screw me. I didn't even meet you want the dating app?
Speaker 4: Think you need to go delete that profile.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you need to live at the dump from now, But don't forget South Korea. Wants you six thousand dollars start a family over there.
Speaker 3: Time us in your pictures of Arby's in South Korea, because I want to see what.
Speaker 4: They have on the menu.
Speaker 5: You know, I know you guys are joking, but I am seriously considering it.
Speaker 1: Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: How many people do you think heard this and went right onto their dating profiles and started making alterations to sound less boring?
Speaker 4: Caused it took it off.
Speaker 1: I don't know how you make it sound sexier.
Speaker 2: I don't work out. I'm a professional calorie and sin raider.
Speaker 4: I mean, honestly, that would be more attractive.
Speaker 1: I already said that on my bio. It's called foodies.
Speaker 6: I say big foodie.
Speaker 2: I mean, who would have thought to me, cute at a city dump would not work out?
Speaker 4: I actually did. I actually thought that this was going to be a home run.
Speaker 1: Really yeah, dump and now I want to go fun.
Speaker 4: But the smell is overwhelmed.
Speaker 3: Why Yeah, you're never going to know what that person smells like until you get.
Speaker 4: It out of that.
Speaker 2: That could work to your benefit, though, Maybe do like a little speed dating event at a city dump.
Speaker 1: Alexis organized walk.
Speaker 4: I'll just stay in the trunk of my car.
Speaker 1: But I get it.
Speaker 2: The dating world can feel like you're in a dump, So if you want some help getting pulled out of it, email the show. We'll call the person who's not calling you back and go check out all of our second dates wherever you get your podcasts at Brook and
Speaker 7: Jeffery Brooking, Jeffrey in the Morning,