Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, Radio News.
Speaker 2: This is the closing bell on the stock movers report the companies making moves at the close of US trading with Carol Masser, Tim Stenobeck, Romain Bostik, and Katie Greifel.
Speaker 3: All right, so let's get to some of the individual gainers. And I'm going to start with the semiconductor names because they were such a standout. As we mentioned, the socks hire by five point six percent, all thirty names in the index higher in today's session. Intel was the top gainer in the socks, also in the s and P five hundred and the Nasdaq one hundred. So you have Intel up more than eleven percent, shares rising the most of a month after The Information reported that Alphabet's Google will rely on Intel for more than three million specialized AI chips. In twenty twenty eight, Google deciding to tap Intel to make some of its tensor processing units TPUs for those in the know, after months of testing the chipmaker's technology. Again, this is coming from the Information. Citing two unnamed sources, the media outlet report that Intel is receiving orders from firms like Google as the Taiwanese chip maker Taiwan's semiconductor struggles to keep up with demand for its manufacturing capacity. Keep in mind, man Intel has been such an outperformer in twenty twenty six. That stock is up about two hundred percent year to date. All Right, flip it on over to something maybe a sign of the times. Perhaps we're talking about sport Radar group. This stock rallying and jumping the most in about fourteen months. Heavy volume as well. That stock, as you can see, up nearly ten percent in today's session. The sports technology company announced a multi year global agreement with Calshi to provide sports data and solutions for the Prediction market platform that they put out in a statement. Sports Radar will supply additional will supply excuse me, official data from MLB, NHL, MLS and UFC. The agreement allows sport Radar to contract directly with how She's brokers and market makers. Services included live odds, fan engagement tools and integrity monitoring. As I said, it's kind of a sign of the times. That company, it's about a four point seven billion a billion dollar market cap. It's down about thirty six percent year to date, five percent.
Speaker 4: Would you put on the game tonight?
Speaker 3: Carol, but I'm going to go for the Knicks all in.
Speaker 1: How about all in?
Speaker 4: Okay, she's all in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not gonna all right, I'm not going to hedge at all, so we might not see you tomorrow. Ooh ouch, okay, I'm going I'm going to think. Come on, Nix, they've got to do it. It's been a long time coming. Hey, and let's go on over to clean energy stocks. They were definitely on the move today, including Nano Nuclear Energy. I couldn't really find a clear catalyst on the Bloomberg. It's a one point four billion dollar market cap company. It was up though, about nine point seven percent, up almost thirteen percent. That's highs today, Benzinga Newswire, noting that the stock is continuing to benefit from the EPA Administrator Lee Zelden's recent commentary supporting small model reactor development as a national energy priority. Keep in mind a little caveat. Insiders have been aggressive sellers, with the company's chairman offloading seven hundred thousand shares at roughly twenty six sixty eight last week. Tim and I, by the way, we'll be talking with the company CEO, James Walker in just a few minutes. All right, that's it.
Speaker 4: All right, let's get to some of the decliners. I want to start with the big one today, a little bit of a food theme for you guys. I want to start with Apple down one point nine percent on the day. Today shares we're up as much as three point three percent. Earlier in the session they fell as much as two percent. This is a tepid reaction to the next generation of AI from Apple, or this generation. I guess you could say it's key to the company's bid to catch up with Silicon Valley peers. We had a great child with the Anurad Rana from our Blueberry intelligence team earlier who reminded us that only iPhone fifteen pros and above work with the new platform, and that Apple's taking such a different approach, you know, relying on Google, and it's not spending the capex that these other companies are spending. So we'll have to wait and see. Maybe this was a by the rumor, as you know when Mark Germa reported this stuff months ago and sell the news event. But with even in the wake of today's WWDC, the Worldwide Developers Conference, shares fell one point nine percent. Also sticking with the theme. The Campbell's company shares fell today on the day, down nine tenths of one percent. It reversed again pre market. The company said during its conference call that it expects an additional two to percent to three percent of inflation for next year should oil remain about around one hundred dollars a barrel. Bnp powery Bus says there's little in today's commentary that could actually excite investors. Campbell's shares fell by nine tenths of one percent. And let's talk a little about Tyson Food. It's got on our radar because we were talking about the screwworm cases not just last week, but three new additional cases that Bloomberg News wrote about today. Tyson Food shares fell by close to three percent today after the US Department of Agriculture confirm an additional three cases of new world screwworm that brings the total number of detections in the US to five. It adds to worries for a US beef industry struggling with supply tightness, and could also continue to press beef processing plants that have already been operating at losses due to this cattle shortage. Once again, Tyson Foods down three percent today.
Speaker 3: I was hungry and then I was not.
Speaker 4: Sorry, That's just the way it works.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, quick check on yields here, basically modest moves across the board, But more importantly it is the long term trajectory. Here at the idea that at least on the short term and five of the past six sessions we have seen short term yields riser, long term yields thirty year yield up about five basis points, back over five percent.
Speaker 2: This stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.