Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. Here's Bloomberg's Lisa Manteo, Lisa we are.
Speaker 3: We're starting with Intel. Take our I INTC. Their shares have been down as much as eight percent, so it gave an upb third quarter sales forecast, missed estimates for some profit measures. But the big part of that slide was the tone that its new CEO took. Investors felt he was a little more focused on cost cutting than bringing back the company's competitive edge. I mean it's layoff plan to reduce staff by about fifteen percent. It expects further cuts. But he said a few things that kind of led to that feeling. He said the company's going to cancel some factory projects to take on its more conservative approach to future spending. He also called investments begun under former CEO pac Gelsing Gerrett quote excessive and unwise, and something interesting he told analysts. He said, I don't subscribe to belief that you build it, they will come fascinating story.
Speaker 4: I've talked with our colleague and King, who's covered this industry for so long. It's about the prospects for Intel going forward. It really has been in a trough for a long time. But I think a big dilemma here Tom is does this company continue to both design and fabricate chips or to choose to do one or the other. And I think that's a huge open question still into this new leadership.
Speaker 1: My book of the summer last year, Chip Wars a couple of years old. Intel does not farewell. It's just as simple as that. It's a really really big problem for the nation. Lisa, what's next?
Speaker 3: Okay? Charter Communications CCHTR down about six percent so second quarter earnings they missed expectations, but it also reported a loss of more Internet customers that it expected, and this really stood out. So it lost about one hundred and eleven thousand high speed internet customers. It's been feeling the pressure for mobile companies because you have all three of the big US telecom companies. They've been packaging, you know, offerings of wireless phone service with five G or fiber internet service. We've seen it right at and T and T mobile. They both saw an increase in Internet subscribers in the second quarter. And then speaking of bundles, you look at Charter their mobile offerings actually did see five hundred thousand dollars line editions because they bundle mobile lines, which it provides an agreement with Verizon with other products. So it's interesting to see how it's it's lost those Internet subscribers because of a lot of the bundling that's going on with the mobile companies. And finally, Decker's Outdoor d e c K their shares a bit up about thirteen percent. It did report total sales of nine hundred and sixty four million dollars in the period, way above vestments, but a big part of that was due to the UG boots, the Hoka Running Shoes UG sales they rose about nineteen percent from still.
Speaker 4: Still in tom I've been in the UG store on behalf of my daughter and it is a crowded Bankly it's.
Speaker 3: It's a crowded door. Her closet is crowded because of it. Thank you, Uggs. Hokah increase about twenty percent. And since they've been doing so well, and here's the hook, right, Uggs have been adding more items year round to kind of get you to get more. So it's not just the boots, it's the sandals, it's the sneaker. So now my daughter has the sneaker, the UG sneakers in a closet.
Speaker 4: So it gets you to Jom's been eyeing those the uggs sandals. I think it could be a good look for the summer into faulty. Maybe with socks.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, Pharaoh told me that I need to wear the socks with them. He thought that would run.
Speaker 2: Up the look.
Speaker 1: Do you get the socks with a little funny cutting between the beach.
Speaker 4: I've seen that. I hear that's good. I hear you know, I hear ampletes say that's.
Speaker 1: Important in Brooklyn on this, I mean, I will.
Speaker 4: Say say there are there are hokah among my daughter's set, but sorry, there are ugs among my daughters. But the hokahs are very popular. The running shoe, it's like running on a cloud.
Speaker 2: I hear.
Speaker 4: I mean they're fision is like they do inches thick.
Speaker 3: Both in her closet right now. Yeah, but he's just going to them.
Speaker 2: This stock Mover's report from Blueoomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street, and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live. Catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business App.