Speaker 1: I'm a homegrow that knows a little bit about everything and everybody.
Speaker 2: You don't know if you don't lie about that, right Lauren.
Speaker 1: Hey, y'all, it's Laura L. Rosa and this is the Latest with Lauren L. Rosa, your daily dig on all things pop culture, entertainment news. I bring y'all some exclusives, but y'all know, we get into those conversations that shake the room behind the scenes of the grind checking in. I am right now in a space of just trying to figure out things as the eldest daughter in a family.
Speaker 2: I've been thinking a lot. You know.
Speaker 1: I spent time with my family. I told you guys for for July weekend. This weekend that just passed. I also did the same thing. And I don't know any eldest daughters who think that they're you know, their immediate family's manager or just oldest child in general. If y'all are hearing me, you know, if y'all are listening, y'all know my pain.
Speaker 2: Y'all know the struggle.
Speaker 1: It's just a very different feeling watching your parents and the people that you love get older, and seeing my mother and my grandmother age has been you know, it's a blessing to be able to see it and to be here with them and for them to still be here with me to do it. But at the same time, I've been having so much anxiety, like to the point where like sleep is messed up and everything just behind feeling like it's getting to a point where I want my mom and my grandmother to live with me, and I just wasn't ready for that. So I'm trying to figure all that out, like you know, you know, if you want to as an older child, oldest child and a family who's used to solving problems, you want to figure it out all in twenty four hours, to be honest with you, But things just don't work like that. So that's been something that you know, and that I've been dealing with. If I'm just being honest, and I'm checking in for real, for real, because I told y'all in the beginning, if I ask you how you feel on this podcast or if y'all are you know behind the scenes of the grind checking in with me, y'all gotta tell me how y'all really feel. So that is what I'm doing right now. So yes, if I'm being honest, I am still dealing with, like some anxiety. Maybe it's a guilt too, of like, you know, having to be away so much, having to be pulled in so many directions, having to be people, exhausted by the end of my day, to the point where sometimes I don't even like have the bandwidth to sit on the phone with family the way that I normally do, and if I do, I'm just not as engaged as I would be.
Speaker 2: It's a very weird space to be It's a new space for me to be in.
Speaker 1: So I'm just figuring that out, and I don't really know if there's much to figure There are certain things that I could physically do, but I think this is one of those things where you just go through it and you do the best you can, and then you create a new normal.
Speaker 2: So that's where I'm at.
Speaker 1: I'm in the midst of, you know, a little bit anxiety about that, but also creating a new normal so I can get away from this anxious feeling of like, oh my god, I feel guilty because of you know, whatever I'm not able to do at the moment.
Speaker 2: So that's where I've been.
Speaker 1: But in the latest quick update, we also talked about today in news at my main job at the breakfast club, I reported on a story that a lot of people hadn't been talking about yet. TMZ had broken story that Diddy would be going to some rehabilitation facilities or joining rehabilitation programs while in prison, because he's not going anywhere right now, but there wasn't much details. They actually hadn't even fully confirmed the story. But now the story is confirmed. So Diddy is going to be going to these rehabilitation programs. These self improvement programs are a part of like you know, programs that are offered to inmates on federal lockup. The programs he's going to do specifically what addresses drug use and his violence against some women. So in additional information, the programs that he's going to be doing are cost stop. Now, this is a course that the Feds offer inmates who are focused on preventing sexual assault, domestic and dating violence. Now, according to the source that spoke to TMZ did he also will be doing therapy and this would be something that he'll be doing with a doctor who is a part of a drug abuse usage program. Now the sources are saying that this is Diddy's like roll to redemption right, like he wants to better himself. He wants to do better. But y'all know, like I know, I do think that anybody who is going through anything, they realize that they can't do beyond the point of getting themselves in trouble. Like you realize that you know your use of drugs and the way you treat women is lending you in front of federal prosecutors face and life in prison. Of course you want to redeem yourself. So I don't believe that Diddy doesn't want to redeem himself. I know that addiction is tough. I also think that they should be having some conversations about the fact that there's obviously a sex addiction too. But I think that sometimes people treat sex addictions as if they're almost like a an effect of something else. So because he has this drug addiction, the sex then comes in, and I feel like they're separate. I feel like even if he wasn't a person that was actively using or over using drugs, from what we've seen in court, I do think that the sex thing would still be there. I think that they should look into that, because you know, if we're looking at everything that was alleged of Diddy and the you know, the things that he has said that he willingly and consensually participated. And that's always been his argument is is this bedroom policing or did I really do something wrong to a certain extent, even if it's consensual, and these are consensual you know, adults who or these are adults who are consenting to these acts. It it's knowing when to comment down and completely stop it in his complete oblivion to that that is making me mention this right because in court, one of the last things that we heard in court the day that Diddy's bond was denied was the fact that the prosecutors were able to say literally the week that we arrested him, the day we arrested him, we came into his hotel room in New York to take him in custody after he knew that these searches had happened.
Speaker 2: Warrant had dropped all of these things.
Speaker 1: And his hotel room is set up in all of the manners that we've heard a freak.
Speaker 2: Office set up.
Speaker 1: There's the lights, there's the lubricant, there's the you know what I mean, Like, I think there has to be some discussion and some exploration into that and what that addiction might look like for him one thing at a time or two things at a time, because well, two things at a time is kind him in trouble two things at a time, because that's where we are now. He's doing you know, two of the programs. But I think a lot of people will argue that he's only doing this because sentencing is going to come up. And that's the thing with addictionally, it's literally one of those things where it's like you don't know for sure, like you don't know if a person actually wants to get better and be able to not be controlled by whatever it is they keep returning to, or if this is something that they're doing to appease the people around them in the moment a piece, you know, something like hey, I'm facing the jail sentence, or you know, you have your kids or whoever bring your back, or even sometimes it's a personal thing, like you know, I know people who've dealt with different drug addictions where they personally wanted to get better. They check themselves into rehab, but addiction is hard, and once they start going back through it again, they're not strong enough to be able to say, you know what, I don't want to take myself back down that road again.
Speaker 2: So the criticism is rightfully.
Speaker 1: So do I believe that Diddy is a person who just one hundred percent wants to be better? I don't know the answer to that. Do I believe that all of this has definitely shook him up a bit one hundred percent? I've seen it. I've literally seen him in court. Like I was going to say a word I'm not even supposed to on this podcast. I've seen him at court. There's no way that he walks away from this not remembering this for the rest.
Speaker 2: Of his life. But addiction is tough. So it's great that he's in these programs.
Speaker 1: But I can't tell y'all whether or not I think he's doing it because he actually wants to be better or because this is going to get him home and that's what he wants.
Speaker 2: And no one can.
Speaker 1: Really tell you that that's It's something that you see in real time.
Speaker 2: You see after he goes through these programs.
Speaker 1: How is he utilizing it and implementing it into his life, and what does that look like long term?
Speaker 2: Because that's nothing too. Addiction is not something.
Speaker 1: You just deal with one time or deal with real quickly you move on from addiction and battling addiction. I know people that'll tell you it's a lifelong thing. So we wait, we wait. He'll be did. He will be sentenced on October third, twenty twenty five. There will be a sentence in report some months before then, where you know, we'll begin to have conversations about where we think this will lie. I know, you know, prosecutors are saying, you know, minimum four to five years.
Speaker 2: His team is like, hey, you.
Speaker 1: Know closer to two. People are talking about the time served and him staying locked up right now. It's giving him more time served. I honestly think that that is why they conceded. His team conceded to not having a speedy trial was because of that. So listen, it might be soon he might be walking home as a freet definitely sooner than what we thought it was going to be. Y'all know, because even with these two charges, the man that he has two counts of it, that's twenty years up to twenty years that he's looking at. Both counts carry ten years apiece. So this is something that you just you know what I mean, you just got to wait back and kind of see how this goes, because it's not uncommon for convicted people to enter programs and do these different things because you're definitely trying to get into good graces with the court one hundred. But there are reports though, and TMZ actually reported this who broke the original story, and I think you know whoever their source is. I mean you can infer that as somebody who is very close to.
Speaker 2: What is happening.
Speaker 1: They understood what the pushback would be in a public right and people feel like, oh, you're just doing this because you want to come home. And they made it a point to mention he actually started drug treatment before his arrest last year and he just wants to continue that. But even that, people could argue, we know why you started that because the fans, the FED came by land and by sea. I will never forget the fact that the lead the fans came by land and by sea to to initiate all of this.
Speaker 2: That would that would check anybody up.
Speaker 1: That'll make anybody be like, all right, listen, even if I'm not changing one hundred percent, I got it. That's something something got to get right here. Connam McGregor. So this is a very weird story. I'm like on a lot of you guys, like I was very surprised to see Connom McGregor and Azojah Banks in conversation, like just in a headline, because I don't know, I just.
Speaker 2: Never thought that I would.
Speaker 1: But earlier today or earlier this week, Connor McGregor photos of him were everywhere because he was on a beach. He was in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, on a beach with a woman, hugged up, enjoying his time, enjoying the weather and baby. The woman was not his fiance, not at all very clear on shots. It is like not because when I first saw the headlines, I'm thinking, I know he's engaged. He's been engaged since twenty twenty, so I'm like, okay, he's engaged. Her name is de Devlin, that's who he's engaged to, and they've been together for some time. I was like, there's no way, Like maybe people are just mistaking her, like they don't recognize it's her in the photos.
Speaker 2: It's no way.
Speaker 1: You're just like sitting on a beach with a whole nother person doing the things that they're describing in the photos, like they're hugged up, they're obviously together. There's PDA of some sort. And then I saw the photos. When I saw the photos, I was like, oh, okay, no, they didn't get this wrong. He's just I don't even know how you explain it. I mean, he don't have to explain it to us, even though people are waiting for him right now to say something and he hasn't.
Speaker 2: So far.
Speaker 1: All he's done is wished hisself a happy birthday on X because today, July fourteenth was his birthday. But he gonna have to explain something to somebody and ain't us. It's definitely gonna be his fiance because these photos are pretty bad. So the photos come out, He's on the beach with this woman. They're there, you know, there is PDA, there's touching, they're sitting under like the same like umbrella kabana thingI like, there's no way you can get around the fact that they're there together and that we know of he is still very much so committed to d Devlin, who he's been with for some time. But maybe there's something we don't know. Because then after these photos dropped and this story came out and this was everywhere rapper Azalia Banks, who y'all listen, if y'all follow her, you already know sis don't hold back on social media.
Speaker 2: She is known for. She gonna air out, she's gonna argue, she's gonna go back and forth. That is what she does.
Speaker 1: And it's unfortunate because people don't talk about Azalia Bank's music. And I actually one of the people who I was late to the event of Azalia Bank's music train only because I'd only known about the social media antics. But once the girls put me on to you know, the house music. I don't know what she qualifies or classifies her music ass, but once I got put on, I got put on. Azayabanks is on my saved playlist for sure, especially when I'm getting ready to go out for the weekend. But instead here we are talking about this, right and listen. She alleges that she feels like, you know, things were sent to her unwarrant, unwarranted. So I'm not saying that she can't speak out. I'm just saying that in the vein of you know, what people know her for, it's it's not her music, and she is a very talented in my opinion, music artist, so she posted photos of Connor McGregor. She alleges that these photos were sent to her unwarranted.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: It's a photo of Connor McGregor, allegedly, and he is standing naked. It seems like he's like in a closet mirror of some sort, and you see everything.
Speaker 2: It's front facing and you see everything. He's taking the picture on the phone and she.
Speaker 1: Tweeted these out and said, how you gonna send a B word some crooked d pics? Then threaten her not to tail and she tagged him. She said, n word. Do you know who the F I am?
Speaker 2: This is harm?
Speaker 1: Then in another tweet the tweet has since been deleted, Azalia Banks wrote, how are you really going to sexually harass me? And this is an and you know she's alleging this in these suits. She's alleging that she was sexually harassed. She says, how are you really going to sexually harass me? With the potato farmer d then threaten me not to tell honey, ain't you trying to be the president of Ireland?
Speaker 2: What is a given? Fam? You some f N sunscreen?
Speaker 1: There has been no comment on this still Connor McGregor did post an additional photo on his Instagram. It's a photo of him sitting in like you know, I would say, what is it like a he's sitting with his legs folded up. It looks like it's on a boat. Yeah, he's on a boat in the middle of the ocean somewhere. And his caption and all caps says every day pray. So there has been no direct response to anything that Ezel Banks has said. There has been no response to the photos of him and this woman on the beach.
Speaker 2: That is it.
Speaker 1: That is all I would keep you guys posted because this is wild and it is random, and Azelia Banks is a legend that this has been going on since twenty sixteen. Now, she said in the tweet, me and Conda McGregor have and she allegens in a tweet that her and Kinda MacGregor haven't sent each other photos since twenty sixteen. But I do believe that she's being a little sarcastic when she says each other, because she's saying that she would sent these unwarranted photos from him. I think, you know, I think she's been a little sarcastic when she says to each other because she's then showing that the photos have only been coming from one way.
Speaker 2: Now I'm lex and the latest.
Speaker 1: I want to go back to a story that we talked about in the previous episode, y'all. I was so excited because, you know, there were reports that Uno was gonna come to the casinos and we were on here talking about whose rules is it? You know, who got house rules? All of the things? Right, Uno is not coming to a casino. It's not happening. So Uno themselves had to come out on Instagram and post to clarify because people were confused. What happened was Uno did go to Vegas and Uno was at the Palms casino in Vegas. But the way that it looks is is that they were just testing this Uno suite in the casino.
Speaker 2: And I don't know if they don't have planes.
Speaker 1: To hit the casino because the statement kind of gives that it could happen one day.
Speaker 2: But it's just not happening right now. But the people were confused.
Speaker 1: We took the press release and we took it as okay, Uno is about to be on the casino floor. Uno, I said, ah, y'all, ouna reverse not happening. So Uno says, hey, ONNO fans, we hate to be the bearers of bad news, but the floor isn't ready for us yet. We've been told that while they do have type security, it's not robust enough for Uno at this time. They addressed the fact that we all thought that Uno was coming to the casino as a rumor that has come to their attention.
Speaker 2: And it's not happening.
Speaker 1: They say, this is not an un A reverse car card. While we get this started, This is not an un A reverse card, while we get this sorted out. The Uno Social Club is rolling out bars in Los Angeles, New York City, Chicago, Atlanta, Austin in August of this year. So basically, it seems like they're going to scale back a bit. And although the Uno Social Club will be a thing, it's not going to be an official game on the Uno Casino floor. And I know I also talked about this update on the Breakfast Club, but I wanted to bring it here because I feel like we were so excited low riders, like we thought we were gathering our troops and traveling to Vegas or wherever they want to take this. I was talking about how it would be to do this in Miami Girls Trip. We go to Miami, we go play uno, we win some money, have a time. Not happening right now, not happening at all. Let's we want to head to a bar, which is cool, but I think the casino vibe it definitely gives it a different level of stature in conversation.
Speaker 2: But in a quick update, I wanted you guys to just know that, no, that is not happening. So we'll see what happens.
Speaker 1: I'll keep you guys closer because y'all know I'm bringing you out the latest always lo Riders.
Speaker 2: Thank y'all for joining me. It is the latest with Laura l Rosa.
Speaker 1: And at the end of the day, I tell y'all every episode there's always a lot to talk about with you all. Listen, y'all are always right here with me to talk about it, and I appreciate you guys so much. I'll see you in my next episode.