Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty Armstrong and Jetty.
Speaker 2: And no He.
Speaker 3: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 2: A group is asking New Jersey Transit to make commutes more joyful by putting googly eyes on the front of trains, so at least you'll see a friendly face coming to help when you're pushed.
Speaker 3: On the track. Oof, yanks. What strep throat?
Speaker 1: Let's say, streptocockle infection of your throatle region Streptococcus sorius. I can't remember I took a micro bio it was a long time ago, and I may have been stone.
Speaker 4: And were they bigger than the China or Oh? I so need a Tyrannosaurus for lunch. So I have a doctor's appointment, but I have the worst store throat I've ever had. But my windpipe feels like it's like the size of a little tiny straw, just like it's just so tight.
Speaker 3: Sounds like you have a raging infection of some sort.
Speaker 4: I don't know how did that guy? Or allergies anyway? So if I do have strepp, what they do put me on an imbodic yep. How contagious is strep throat?
Speaker 3: Uh? Pretty? I don't remember more.
Speaker 4: Or less than chlamydia. Oh my lord, well it's certainly spread differently. I don't remember, you know, having raised three kids, that's like an important part of your you know, knowledge and techniques and the rest.
Speaker 3: We've never had a strap in our house. I've never had it. My kids haven't had it.
Speaker 1: Really anyway, everybody got their tonsils still.
Speaker 3: In all we all got our tonsils. Yeah you're talking.
Speaker 5: I do, but I'm reading on the Google machine that strap is worse in people that have tonsils still, and it's contagious through respiratory droplets.
Speaker 3: Jack.
Speaker 1: Okay, yes, there you go, so very contagious. My eldest Kate, she had her tonsils removed because she got strep throats so off.
Speaker 4: Oh really yeah, yeah, you'll get my tonsils when you prime out of my cold, dead hand hanging on to these.
Speaker 1: What are your tonsoles doing in your hands? How does that even work?
Speaker 4: Got a number of things you want to get to this hour, including this story, which I found really dang interesting.
Speaker 3: Why do people watch a TV show.
Speaker 4: Or movie they've already seen and there's actually science behind it that I found. First of all, makes perfect sense. It also makes perfect sense why some people like my dad, for instance, would never.
Speaker 3: Watch a show.
Speaker 4: I mean way back in the day when you know there are three channels and all that sort of stuff, and TV shows went into reruns in the summer. He would never I've seen this, and you get up and leave. He would never watch something twice. It fits in perfectly with the science.
Speaker 1: Wow, I can't wait because I rarely do. But there are a couple of movies I'll watch again.
Speaker 3: They're so good. Okay, I'll stay tuned.
Speaker 4: We haven't mentioned this news story that happened in Pennsylvania over the weekend, I think Saturday night.
Speaker 6: An arrest after what police called an act of arson at Pennsylvania Governor Josh Shapiro's residence, where he and his family had gathered to celebrate the first night of Passover. The governor says he woke up to police banging on the door around two am. He and his family quickly evacuating.
Speaker 1: They're curly working on getting everybody evacuated as about twenty five people inside.
Speaker 6: The authorities are investigating whether the arson could have been motivated by the Governor's Jewish faith. The suspect was able to breach the fence here at the Governor's mansion and make it inside the residence where he started the fire. He's facing several charges, including attempted murder.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the guy not only got onto the grounds of the governor's mansion, got into the freaking mansion and was in there.
Speaker 3: Long enough to set a for real fire.
Speaker 4: I mean, when I first heard the story, I thought, Okay, how much of a fire. I mean, I don't know if you've seen the damage to the mansion, but that was a dang fire. It was, you know, a real, you're in threat fire, which is kind of hard to imagine with a you know, modern systems that we've got and everything like that, that I assumed that they would have it a governor's mansion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the whole thing's pretty troubling. I guess the family was in a different part and it's like a multi building thing, I think, like a complex more than a house.
Speaker 3: But I don't know specifically.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, but I don't know how comforted you would be if you got out of your house and found out he was in another part of the house where he started to fighting. The guy not come the guy that broke into your home while you were asleep without anybody catching him. Are you hearing him and was there long enough with the intent to kill you? Yeah, that would be unnerving. And of course he's got a family and everything like that.
Speaker 3: But you shut this the children.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he gave it a little speech about political violence that I thought was pretty good of nonpartisan. We got to stop this, We gotta we gotta quit accepting violence, which I agree with one hundred percent. But we've been accepting it the way too many people accept it on the other side. Whatever side here is, you accept it on your side, not the other side.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the list is growing long. Two assassination attempts on Trump, an assassination attempt on Brett Kavanaugh, the shooting at the baseball game a number of years ago, just example after example. It can't you know, you'd be I'd be tempted to say, you know, you don't want to make too much of a deal over one nut job who's hearing voices in his head. But there's undeniably a pattern that this is an exceptional I'm not exceptional. Accept a bull option for various you know, semi deranged vehicle.
Speaker 4: Well, the blase attitude of mainstream media toward burning down all the teslas. Does that make this sort of thing more likely or less likely?
Speaker 1: Obviously more likely, Speaking of which I'd like to, after a break, get a little bit into the cult of Luigi Mangione.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's troubling.
Speaker 1: The demented young man who assassinated a healthcare executive on the streets of New York and the admiration for him, and and something like a religious cult has formed around him that you know, I wasn't aware of, because you know, it's not the sort of people I hang with who would get drawn into that. But it's a strange and troubling tale. Man.
Speaker 4: Then, how much of it has to do with the fact that he's good looking, which is also disturbing?
Speaker 1: Yes, like holmost sapiens as a species.
Speaker 4: So dumb, so dumbed. So that's a good one. All the stuff we teased, good stuff. I want you to stay here.
Speaker 7: What are you gonna do yourself? My campus actually actually a public I don't care. Nazif you understand me, take it off, take a white gold Trump had off. He's a you can lose there, and you're a Nazi punk you boo this.
Speaker 8: Whooo this guy that jumps apporterble.
Speaker 3: Real? Is that real? Yeah? I don't be danged unhinged.
Speaker 4: Yeah, i'd say which I wanted. Something is showing the unhinjuredness of modern life to get into this story. And it also reminds me of something an old boss of ours said to us one time that people don't know what they like, but they like what they know, which is pretty good. Yeah, and kind of fits in with this. Some study done by the University of Chicago, and this is about watching a TV show, an episode of a show you've already seen, or a movie you've already seen.
Speaker 3: Why you do that?
Speaker 4: And why some people don't rewatching the same show again? Man, my voice really kind of craps cracks sometimes when.
Speaker 3: I yeah, it's rough. You need to get to the doctor because I'm dying. Yeah, everyone want to try it all.
Speaker 1: Dying jack slowly from time.
Speaker 4: That is right, Rewatching the same show again and again isn't a sign of laziness, says the University of Chicago study.
Speaker 3: I never thought of it as laziness.
Speaker 1: Did anybody think it was? Why did laz Because it's.
Speaker 3: Not much work to switch to a different show.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's a stupid thing to say.
Speaker 4: It's actually a form of emotional regulation. When life feels overwhelming or unpredictable, your brain craves familiarity. Watching a show you've already know gives you a sense of control, comfort, and stability. There are no surprises, there's no tension. You know exactly what happens next, and that predictability helps calm your nervous system.
Speaker 3: Wow, yeah, makes perfect sense. It does make sense.
Speaker 4: Rewatching provides a way to restore energy and regain a sense of peace. It's moments when the world feels uncertainly your brain reaches for what it knows. It's a self regulation mechanism. I know exactly how the this is going to play out. There's a bunch of things going on in my life in the world. I don't know how they're going to play out. I'm feeling crazy. I mean, these aren't conscious thoughts. But I'm going to watch this TV show and I know exactly. I know that Chandler's about to run through the door. I know exactly what he's gonna say to Monica, and it's gonna be hilarious.
Speaker 1: So I was just going to say instead of shouting sorenity now you watch Frank Costanza shouting Sorenity now on an episode of Seinfeld, you've seen fifteen times.
Speaker 4: And I man now, Ever, since I had kids, I don't think I've watched a single thing multiple times because I don't have time.
Speaker 3: But back in the day, I would.
Speaker 4: I would, you know, get home Friday night, get home late, worn out from the week, watch a movie I've seen before, at least part of it, and that's probably what was happening.
Speaker 3: At the end of a long week.
Speaker 4: It's a self regulation and it also fits in I thought with I don't know how many people are like this, but like my dad, who never would watch anything again. It's just like I've seen that, why would I watch it again. He's the most even keeled person I've ever known him my life, so he doesn't need that for whatever reason. So he doesn't his brain doesn't desire to self regulation because he's already regulated.
Speaker 3: So both ends of that fit together.
Speaker 1: To me, or as secretly boiling inside and is about to explode. He's held it in for eighty seven eighty seven years, but he's only a human now. That's amazing. I have no doubt there are people like that that are no drama. We can deal with this, and yeah, they don't need that. How interesting. Huh that makes perfect sense and it's not laziness.
Speaker 3: You say idiotic things, Yeah that is idiotic. Huh. Well, I kind of like that.
Speaker 4: There's a a helpful, scientific reason why some people would do it, and you know, I.
Speaker 3: Hadn't thought about the other end of it.
Speaker 4: But I feel like people I've known who really watched a lot of shows that they've seen before kind of world a little all over the place emotionally, probably needed more self regulating than maybe I do.
Speaker 1: Or yeah, hot tempered, Yeah, how interesting. Yeah, I'm thinking of various folks I know may need predictability, who really enjoy the familiar in their lives. And many of them are, you know, quite successful and interesting people. But I would not describe them as placid. They're more fiery placid. Nobody's ever described me as placid. No, not likely to so. I like the angry Bostonian, the Massachusetts guy calling people laughing Nazis for wearing a maga hat, sir, Like half the voting population voted for the guy right again, acting like it's some bizarre like you're some sort of out there nut job, Nazi. I just speaking of perspectives, I don't get who should.
Speaker 3: Go home and watch some reruns of Friends of episodes he's already seen.
Speaker 1: He really should he play that clip again, Michael, and then I'll set up twenty six? You remember which one that was.
Speaker 3: Blanking?
Speaker 1: Nazi? I don't see it either. Where'd it go?
Speaker 3: Sixty seven? Thank you?
Speaker 7: What are you gonna do yourself? You got my campus that actually doubt actually a publish I don't care, nazif do you understand me?
Speaker 8: Take it off?
Speaker 3: Taking white gold?
Speaker 8: Trump had off. He's a mother and you're a Nazi punk.
Speaker 3: You boo this boo oooo.
Speaker 8: This guy's a Trump supporter. Boom.
Speaker 3: That's quite a boo. That is something that is something else?
Speaker 1: All right? So now if I understand it correctly, Katie, I don't want to give too much away, But a man is confronting his neighbor for committing an act of political protest. Should I say what it is? Or does it become obvious in the clip? It becomes obvious? Okay, all right, let's all enjoy it together.
Speaker 3: Whateber is this twenty six.
Speaker 9: Mashed potatoes on the side of my car?
Speaker 4: Here?
Speaker 3: Did you or didn't you?
Speaker 9: Because I've got cameras up there facing you, get off your side in the driveway now, I'm not on your d This is the middle.
Speaker 4: You are get off the hide parking area.
Speaker 8: Listen. Did you throw fast food on the side of my test?
Speaker 10: Now?
Speaker 9: Why did you throw fast food on the side of my test? You two mashed potatoes on my car? What is wrong with you?
Speaker 5: You sit here, you drive in, you drive out.
Speaker 8: You have jump cars. You drive in and you drive out. That's why people down the driveways. You more.
Speaker 1: Please be on TV Tonight's solid two hours.
Speaker 3: That was a great finish. Drop it and you drive out. That's what people do in their driveways.
Speaker 5: You're more on.
Speaker 3: That may be the Cliverly. I love that play that again, that's great.
Speaker 9: What mashed potatoes on the side of my car?
Speaker 4: Here?
Speaker 10: Did you?
Speaker 9: Or didn't you? Because I've got cameras up there facing you, get off yes, in the driveway now, I'm not only this is the middle.
Speaker 4: You are get off my parking area.
Speaker 8: Listen. Did you throw fast food on the side of my test?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 8: Why did you throw.
Speaker 9: Fast food on the side of my test? You threw mashed potatoes on my car? What is wrong with you.
Speaker 4: You sit here, you drive, you and you drive out.
Speaker 3: You have jump cars, you driving and you drive out.
Speaker 8: That's why people know that they're driveways.
Speaker 4: More.
Speaker 8: Oh my god, I seen out of signs.
Speaker 3: I need more. That's that is?
Speaker 4: That is a classic like that might be a tease for a reality show that's going to start.
Speaker 3: To because that made me want I need more. I need more background.
Speaker 4: I need to hear more of their conversations, Katie, whatever else you do find this, is there more of that argument anywhere?
Speaker 3: What do they look like?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: Paypall doveway, they drive, they drive out driver.
Speaker 5: You can't see the guy who's filming, but the woman, she's late fifties, early sixties.
Speaker 3: Short gray hair. I mean, just you know, typical. I'm not aware.
Speaker 4: I would identify mashed potatoes right off the bat. If I saw them on my vehicle, I'd probably think something worse than that.
Speaker 5: So you can see her in the ring camera doing it, and it's a good old KFC mashed potatoes there.
Speaker 3: Huh, you drive, you drive out? You got cows on blocks? You want to hear it one more time? The ending part? I wish I could hear one more time. Yeah, we just need to get to the end that is. That's pretty good. Wow.
Speaker 1: I hate these people always exist and we just way of being aware of them, because you know, it's not like half the population is that crazy.
Speaker 4: I hate it when I'm so flummixed by someone that I go into that voice like he's got at the end, tell.
Speaker 8: You and you drive that. That's why people go in their driveways you more.
Speaker 4: I can feel that emotion because I know what that emotion is. When you're dealing with someone.
Speaker 3: It's like, how do you not understand this?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh god, dang it, that's funny.
Speaker 1: For whatever reason, when stuff like that happens, I tend to get really calm and.
Speaker 3: Mean calm and mean yeah, like okay.
Speaker 1: Now now I'm going to hurt you.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 8: Oh I appreciate the pill away you're.
Speaker 3: Bored calmon meaning is more frightening than the high pitched.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I'm not saying it's a good quality. So why is there a cult forming around Luigi Mangioni who killed that poor elscare exec Strange times, folks.
Speaker 3: We'll describe it next to Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 11: Hilarious to see these millionaire media pundits on TV clutching their pearls about someone standing a murderer, when this is the United States of America. As if we don't lionize criminals, as if we don't have you know, we don't stan murderers of all sorts, and we give them Netflix shows. There's a huge disconnect between the narratives and angles, the sort of mainstream media pushes and what the American public feels. And you see that in moments like this.
Speaker 1: That is the utterly unhinged. Taylor Lorenz, who was a hot columnist for the New York Times than the Washington Posts. She specialized in idea identifying normal, innocent people who said anything politically incorrect, particularly in the wake of the George Floyd thing or whatever, and she would find out who they were, dox them, distribute their names online, and attempt to ruin their lives for daring to step outside the orthodoxy. She is a sick, sick woman. She's talking about the Luigi Mangioni murder of the healthcare executive. She used the term stan a couple of times. If you're too older or on hip like me, I don't know what that means. It's like a super fan becoming a great fan of somebody. Here's one more clip, at least from the deranged moron Taylor Lawrence.
Speaker 11: And I can tell you I saw the biggest audience growth that I've ever seen because people were like, oh, somebody, some journalists is actually speaking to the anger that we feel.
Speaker 3: So you know, maybe we finish up.
Speaker 1: This is the interview she's doing on CNN with somebody named Donnie O'Sullivan.
Speaker 3: Next clip, Michael.
Speaker 12: The women who got her outside coorsh in New York.
Speaker 11: So you're gonna see women especially that feel like, oh my god. Right, like, here's this man who who's revolutionary, who's famous, who's handsome, who's young, who's smart, He's a person that seems this like this morally good man, which is hard to find.
Speaker 1: He gunned down a young father on the streets of New York in cold blood because he didn't like something about healthcare insurance, even though the young man who'd had health problems was well served by his insurance company as far as anybody can.
Speaker 3: Tell, right, did you?
Speaker 1: And he's morally good.
Speaker 3: This was that dark columnist for.
Speaker 1: The big papers.
Speaker 3: That was an awful thing to say right there. Oh my god. One more clip I'm.
Speaker 12: Sure you wouldn't like to be compared to a Trump supporter. But some of some of how people cannot understand why people have sympathies for MANGIONI yeah, it strikes me as the same what as a media not understanding why people support Trump. I totally agree it's because a lot of people are just really really desperate.
Speaker 11: They want somebody to take on the system. They want somebody to tear down these barbaric establishment institutions.
Speaker 4: Taking on the system. There's lots of ways to take on the system. Run for office, you know, form a group, have a march, whatever. Shooting somebody in the back on his way to work is not a way to take on the system that.
Speaker 1: We allowately succeeded by somebody who just gets better security. That is such an adolescent, idiotic and amoral approach.
Speaker 3: It shocks the conscience that is.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't I don't know how you feel like civilization can succeed if we start that's taking on, you know, the big issues of our day.
Speaker 3: I know I'll just go murder them in cold blood. The people I disagree.
Speaker 1: With, Yeah, with no effect, right, you know, I'm crazy angry about I don't know taxes. Taxes are too high, So I'm just gonna murder an IRS agent or secretary or just somebody anyway. As if that sh his nizzle isn't bad enough, how about this? Luisi Manngiuni is a saint according to his fans, Saint Luigi Patron Saint of healthcare access. For all their posts read. The twenty six year old accused killer is depicted online with a green mantle, a red sacred heart, a gold halo in his hand raised in benediction.
Speaker 3: Well, you are some twisted human beings. You're hurting your cause, as is often the case with these people. Normal people who hear you this are way less likely to support your universal health care belief than even before when they heard you.
Speaker 1: Right, you're crazy and stupid, and the things you think are helping you are crazy and stupid. You know, somebody like Taylor Lorenz is objectively not stupid. She is a perfect example, though, of what I would call at least like verbal intelligence, because she was a fairly successful columnist for a while, but utterly lacking in wisdom or perspective, I mean to the point of being like developmentally disabled. The term used to be retarded. I mean that was the official term. She has meant the moral retardation of some sort. That's hard to picture. But anyway, there's more moral retardation.
Speaker 3: I've never heard that before.
Speaker 1: Here's a supporter who writes, I hope Luigi doesn't have to die for us to receive free health care, like Jesus had to die for us to receive forgiveness.
Speaker 3: So they think it's going to lead to that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know it.
Speaker 3: Oh, but there's so much you get.
Speaker 1: Like they're talking about the women who gather outside the court young. He's young. He Smarty's more Lincoln you can buy. You can buy devotional candles bearing mister Mangioni's image and a prayer of Saint Luigi on the back, A Saint Luigi Sherpa fleece Blanke. It'll set you back sixty nine ninety nine. A coffee mug for twelve dollars, a necklace for forty five dollars. A Patron Saint of Capitalism's Victims T shirt or Luigi Mangioni are Patron Saint of Healthcare T shirt. Both are twenty two ninety nine. You can buy Brace yourselves, folks, A Saint Luigi Christmas Ornament for sixteen ninety nine.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm starting to think it gets worse though.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, You're starting to think that your anti capitalist crowd, your Marxist crown, they're all morons. Remember that was my main takeaway when we did we did. We had a book club for one book. I think you me, Greg and Tim, and we read that book Heaven on Earth about Karl Marx. Yeah, and my takeaway was, he is just a dumb, crappy guy.
Speaker 3: I mean, he was just a market herself.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: He lived off his lived off all his friends and parents and like never did anything and it was a cheat and a liar and just lazy. So he like developed a worldview that would excuse his utter uselessness.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's marks a lot of that crowd. Is that way?
Speaker 1: All right, friends, here we go, here's where you despair for humanity. But you know what, Frankly, once you get where I am having despaired for humanity, it's kind of freeing. It's relaxing. An account on givesend Go, a Christian crowdfunding site, has raised more than eight hundred and thirty six thousand dollars for mister Mangioni's legal defense nearly a million dollars from a Christian crowdfunding site. He committed a cold blooded murder. A donor there rights I cried on my knees to God as a mother to keep you safe and mentally calm Luigi. Another describes mister Mangioni as a father to millions. The website offers three options to help mister Mangioni, give, share, pray, So.
Speaker 3: Darn it, it's always tough with these.
Speaker 4: This is just the same as like, you know, the assassins that want to kill Trump or school shooters are lots of different examples. Okay, is this a sometimes terrorists want to be terrorists? Is this a one off?
Speaker 11: Not?
Speaker 4: This person's mentally ill, This person's obviously mentally ill. Does it have any greater significance when a whole bunch of mentally ill people believe the same thing?
Speaker 3: I mean, what is going on there?
Speaker 4: Anybody who says that those last couple of comments those people are mentally ill?
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah they are?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So is this just yet.
Speaker 1: Another example of the Internet making it possible for someone with aberrant ideas that not one in one hundred people would agree with her buy or or not react with revulsion. They find thousands of like minds. It reinforces them. They get together, they raise their near a million dollars for a cold blooded murderer in the name of some sort of vague notion that the healthcare system sucks.
Speaker 4: And it does, by the way, it really needs help well right, and it could be improved. And I don't believe the government taken over healthcare would be better for it. But you get to believe that that's a perfectly valid political position. But you don't get to murder people about it. I mean, that's insane, obviously insane. See, there are a thing, yeah, I care about a lot too, that you might disagree with. Should I murder the people I don't agree with that.
Speaker 3: You might like?
Speaker 4: I mean, where would this end? I mean, have you thought this through, you dumbasses?
Speaker 1: So a woman by the name of faith Bottom I would change my last name is spelled differently, but nonetheless, because I'm childish, wrote a piece about this whole thing, and I'm going to hit you with the end of it. It's hard to know what mister MANGIONI thinks of his new fans in their iconography. In an old post on Twitter, he recommended users look at an article lamenting that quote. Christianity's decline has unleashed terrible new gods. The elevation of sainthood of an accused assassin seems a clear example of how terrible those new gods are. Mister Mangioni's fans, the ones wearing the T shirts and buying Pious Luigi keychains, will only get louder proclaiming him a martyr. More than forty percent of Americans age eighteen to twenty nine think the shooting of a healthcare the healthcare executive was acceptable or somewhat acceptable. More than forty percent, according to a poll, the sanctimonious fervor won't stop anytime soon. It's blasphemy, of course, the idea of saints is glorified killers, and probably few proclaiming his sanctity are actually religious. What all this kitch shows is an unserious nation that wants a folk hero. Mister Mangioni should not be it.
Speaker 3: And then there's the weird aspect. I'd like to be able.
Speaker 4: To run the experiment where you have the exact same set of circumstances but he's not good looking.
Speaker 1: On how much that will have an effect on the whole thing. Wow. Wow, And or somebody commits a cold blooded murder of a planned parenthood.
Speaker 4: Executive, right instance, if this guy didn't have dreamy eyes, how different would the whole story be. I don't know, and played a role there definitely in the beginning. We all know that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, and continues to I think absolutely. I think you know.
Speaker 3: Everybody. We've talked about this for ages.
Speaker 1: Psychological studies have shown that people react more positively to the attractive they assume they're more competent, more intelligent, nicer people, whatever, than they actually are. And if you're a stupid person, I'd imagine that sort of pull is even stronger. I mean, like I told the story of the person in a line of work. I won't describe because she never did anything to hurt anybody as far as I'm concerned, as far as I'm aware. But she's very very attractive girl. I mean, like you, you had to discipline yourself as a heterosexual male to look away that I had to interact with over the course of several quite a few weeks, and I finally got a chance to talk to her at length, and she was a vacuus pinhead. I wanted to talk about nothing but celebrity gossip and and so. But I recognize that, you know, uh so, yeah, if you are a half whit, Yeah, that that gravity must be irresistible, that he's good looking. I don't I don't know what to make of all this except to despair for humanity. That's right earlier, yes, right, yeah, you gotta put that in hand.
Speaker 3: Got to put that in the mix, the old despair for humanity. Uh.
Speaker 4: We will finish strong mixt.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow's tax today. We'll have some good tax stuff for you.
Speaker 4: Some of the stats that we all should be reminded of every year, how many people don't pay taxes, and what a small amount of people pay most of the taxes, and all this stuff.
Speaker 1: I've been reading up on standardized deductions. Oh, I love talking about that.
Speaker 4: I've been reading up on strep throat because I think I have that, and I've never had it before, and I've got them in like in an hour, I've got an appointment. But the infection is generally transmitted by direct contact with the mucus or swerves of someone else with strap. I'm almost positive that I've come in contact with nobody's source in the last several days.
Speaker 3: Gulley means sentence, it is, but I'm like, I'm pretty dang sure.
Speaker 1: That I haven't. So I would like to launch into a comedic riff on that scene, but it's too disgusting even for me.
Speaker 4: I also, I didn't have to have to tell this tomorrow. I got rear ended in my two week old cyberbeast over the weekend. Oh no, I've never had a car that short amount on time before it got wrecked. Anyway, I'll talk about that tomorrow. I wanted to get this clip on again. We've already played it twice. It's that good. It's in the contender for Clip of the Year. Gail King, Katy Perry, and some other women got shot into space today and when they got down they talked to Gail King, Oprah's friend and this is how it went.
Speaker 3: How would you describe it?
Speaker 1: It's very difficult because you're you're floating. But the best part was when we got back in.
Speaker 4: Our seats after zero G's Katie sang, what.
Speaker 1: A wonderful world.
Speaker 4: She did that nice, She said, what a wonderful I see dreams?
Speaker 1: Oh yes, yes, yes, oh. Because We've been asking her to sing all the time, and she wouldn't and she wouldn't.
Speaker 4: And then because everybody said sing, roar, sing fire and she said, it's not about me.
Speaker 3: I wanted to talk about the world.
Speaker 1: Wow, you know, is that nice? You got to ask her about that?
Speaker 3: That is so so hard to take the whole thing.
Speaker 4: So you were asking Katy Perry during the coolest thing you've ever done in your life, getting to go up in a racket and everything like that, to sing some of her hits on.
Speaker 3: The way back down. What the hell?
Speaker 1: It's such a lame thing.
Speaker 4: It is. It is so lame. And then that woman's reaction to she sang Order for War. She reacted like she just saw her child. Oh see for the first time after or something?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 3: Oh she did?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Did everybody cry?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 1: Why because they're so weird it out that you begged her to sing.
Speaker 3: Dude, we're dudes, Katie.
Speaker 4: Are we overreacting here in our mocking of women and their emotions?
Speaker 3: Not even a little bit?
Speaker 1: I mean, come on, it is so unspeakably lame to badger performer. I mean, you're in a fundraiser with your favorite music, sing your hit for me?
Speaker 3: Sing it.
Speaker 1: No, that makes you an ignorantus and an a hole.
Speaker 8: Wow, he holes in space.
Speaker 3: It's final thoughts.
Speaker 1: I'm strong again.
Speaker 3: It's I'm strong. You're ready, Katie Green.
Speaker 7: And.
Speaker 3: It's strong. Here's your host for final thoughts, Joe Getty.
Speaker 1: Let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew to wrap things up for the day. There he is Michaelangelo, our technical director. Michael, what's your final thought?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 3: If that was clip of the year, this is gonna be co clip of the years.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 2: You drive in, you drive out, you have jump cars, you drive.
Speaker 8: That's what people the driveways more.
Speaker 3: I could not love that clip.
Speaker 1: Morn Michael is so right, Katie Steam Newswoman.
Speaker 3: As a final thought, Katie.
Speaker 5: That reporter needed to ask a follow up, and yet Gail King to name names who asked Katie Perry to sing roarer up there?
Speaker 3: I want to know was.
Speaker 5: It Bezos and his fiance wasn't I'm.
Speaker 4: Surprised Katy Perry didn't roll her eyes so hard that it set the ship off its path.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no kidding, Jack.
Speaker 4: Final thought for us, Ah, this is a health tip for you. I have swollen lymph nodes and chills and a sore throat. Try not to come in contact with the direct contact with the mucus or sores of someone with strap indirect contact.
Speaker 3: That's fine, that's fine. My final thought.
Speaker 1: Having intended the Masters over the weekend, the Master's golf tournament is absolutely fabulous.
Speaker 3: One of the best parts. Nobody screaming good no or.
Speaker 1: Mashed potatoes after somebody hits it, because if you do, they'll throw your ass out. It's called standards. If you have high standards, you get better behavior. It works every time, and.
Speaker 4: We need more of that everywhere, schools, movie theaters, naming the place.
Speaker 3: I'm Strong and Getty. We'll see you tomorrow.
Speaker 4: God bless America.
Speaker 8: I'm Strong and Getty.
Speaker 3: I think it takes two to tango. That's in heaven.
Speaker 10: I think your star spangled all so good, so good, let's go with a You know, I kind of consider myself the number one female pleasure in device on Earth.
Speaker 3: Jack, that's the worst thing you have ever said.
Speaker 1: It really is that things that things number two at best.
Speaker 3: Wow, arm Strong and Getty