Speaker 1: Live from Hollywood Park. It's the fifteenth annual Mark Sessler Mark Draft, your must have final compendium to the twenty twenty three NFL Draft. I'm justin Graver. You may know me as Grave Digger. And now here's your host, the old Zeusser himself.
Speaker 2: Dan hands a.
Speaker 3: Wo wow, hello and welcome.
Speaker 2: That's sit down, everybody please.
Speaker 3: Studio audience is just packed people waiting outside since four am to be at the twenty twenty three Mark Sessler Mock Draft. Yes, the the fifteenth annual. And yes, as you heard in the intro there, my name is Dan Hansson. My favorite team employees Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 4: Yeah too too, too too South.
Speaker 3: I am your host, but I am not alone. My co host for the festivities. To my left, you know who it is. He is the the White Magic to my bird Lord, the Blackbird to my Magic. Greg Rosenthal.
Speaker 2: Everybody, Oh, thank you, and yeah, that was me cheering you on because I'm not just an analyst today. I'm a fan. This is one of my favorite days of the year. I sit back and I enjoy the show like a fan.
Speaker 3: I'm the same way. I mean, starting on Thursday, Greg, the center of the universe is Kansas City. But right now, for all intents and purposes, it is the Westling Podcast Studio and it's all because of one man, and I think it's time to bring him out.
Speaker 1: He is.
Speaker 3: He is the man behind the mad genius that is the mock draft. He is. He is the man that spits in the face of the industrial draft complex, who says, how you do it is wrong. We want three day work weeks. Ladies and gentlemen, give a warm welcome to Mark Sessler. Unbelievable, unbelievable. He's still got a folks.
Speaker 2: Handsome cent of Again, look at this crowd.
Speaker 3: Unbelievable.
Speaker 4: Mark, What did the crowd think they were coming to see? They've certainly been a price is right tape. Yeah, I was gonna say, here we are.
Speaker 3: They were expecting Drew Carrey. Instead they get us, Mark, unbelievable. Where are the nerves right now? As we as we look ahead to another big time Mark Sessler mock Draft the fifteenth.
Speaker 4: I understand the question, but what I I to my to respond? Honestly, I feel no nerves because what I've done and this is what my process. I've cracked the code in terms of mock drafts, where the effort is minimal, the results are there is a whatever happens happens. I will go on. The sun will rise the next day. So nerves is the opposite. I feel joy about the entire process. It was quite an arduous hour and twelve minutes I spent on this last evening hour. Twelve Yeah, I went over, I went I actually broke my own rule, but I actually went up and got up and made a pot of coffee in the middle of it all. So I guess that brings it closer to an hour and two minutes or so.
Speaker 2: Any concern though, this year that you're starting to share the stage, that you're you're the long standing host, this is your fifteenth season, and you see the up and comer.
Speaker 3: Right on the It's Judeo for so long, Mike.
Speaker 2: Mayock right, and suddenly Daniel Jeremiah is on the desk next to you.
Speaker 4: You know, I think in a lot of areas of life, you feel that you're being phased out, and this is just another effort to fit seamlessly in with other aspects of what's happening here at this company in terms of my place in the company.
Speaker 3: So it is if you watch Succession sometimes you could feel like a Karl in this world. Absolutely give it up for Karl from Success, a guy who knows he had his time in the sun. He did huge things with Cable in the nineties, but now it is time for someone else to move in. Only what you're saying is no, I got more to give, yes, and you're you're gonna try to fight back against Let's bring him in right now, Grave Digger justin. We're gonna bring in later in terms of getting into your picks. But I understand, based on the energy around the show heading into today, that this means a lot to you.
Speaker 1: It does mean a lot to me. I think, as you put it on Monday's show, it's a big opportunity for me to get my mocked out there to the people. And I have a lot of pressure. I put a lot of pressure myself to do well with that. You know, I really want to beat Mark. So that's wow.
Speaker 2: He's putting it out there, He's speaking it into existence. The nervous energy coming from Grave Digger before the show started, before that interro, it made me feel alive. Yeah, like we've done thirteen hundred shows. It made me feel live. I love it. I can't wait.
Speaker 3: That was ten feet underground before I saw Justin.
Speaker 2: Well, I can't wait until Thursday night as we're going through all these picks live on our live stream on YouTube, seeing the emotions between Justin and Mark. So this is like the first part of it, and then we get the entree on Thursday night.
Speaker 3: Great call, and that's a great plug again. Thursday Night Live with the start of the draft eight pm Eastern, five pm Pacific, we will do a live stream sitting through the entire first round, probably unless it's going very poorly, and then we may parachute out after about an hour or so. But the plan is to go for all the aready one and I think if you're a fan of this podcast, even more reason now to check out the live stream because we will have real time reaction to the mock drafts and last year. Maybe Justin, I know you know this. You did very well last year. Do we have any of the data points in terms of last year and how you guys both did.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure how Mark did, but I was listening to his mock draft on the way and this morning from last year to get a feel for the show. Wow, and he actually picked Traylon Burks to the Titans.
Speaker 2: Okay, I remember it was a big rivalry him versus Norris last year.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 4: Well, Norris, who had come off an excellent previous with the whole country right, he got waxed personally, and I remember that trailing Burks might have been the only one of the only players I'd nailed.
Speaker 2: So take away with Graver he was the best.
Speaker 1: Trayvon Walker and Aiden Hutchinson at the top, but then he had Sauce Gardner going to the Texan same position. I mean, it's close, but okay, not out there.
Speaker 3: So here we go. It's time, without further ado, to get into it. Everybody up there, do you want to you want to get into it? Well, let's do it. Mark Sessler the twenty twenty three NFL Draft. Let's go through the top of the first round.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, all right, we have the Carolina Panthers obviously at number one, and I'm going Bryce Young. I think we all at this point just assume that's what's happening. It would be somewhat of a stunner if they went in another direction. Would you agree?
Speaker 3: Actually I would agree, but I don't know if you guys saw some movement in the desert. All of a sudden, there's some pop about Will Levis shock in the world at number one overall. I don't buy it. I just want to say it's out there. I don't know, GREGI you know that world more than us. Why would that be happening right now?
Speaker 2: I no longer know that world. I am not a member of the Detroit Lions, and I'm gonna stay in play. Apparently came from some Reddit post, which is crazy. But even Levis's odds changing, still, he was a massive, massive underdog, even after getting closer. Uh, and I think, yeah, the world shares your view mark that anything but Brayce Young would be absolutely stunny.
Speaker 4: I mean, if something else happened there this month has done. Yeah, you just you light a match to it right.
Speaker 2: Away, presumably including Justice.
Speaker 3: Right, I would. I would assume it's your number one, Right, We'll get to Justice, all right, go ahead? Okay.
Speaker 4: So at number two, the Houston Texans. I know that there has been a lot of talk about them going Tyree Wilson at number two, but we talked about this on the show yesterday. The Tomico Ryans is an Alabama product. Uh, you've got Will Anderson junior and edge, who is a generational hammer dropping talent that you can build an entire defense around. I think there's a lot of connective tissue between Dimico Ryans and what he can do with Will Anderson. I think they're gonna go defense here. This This could be quarterback, but there's just been. It started with our guy Lance Sealing. There's so much heat around it being a defender that I'm swinging the fences with Will Anderson here.
Speaker 3: I think that's so the Texans stay home and I would stay home. In your in the mock draft universe, the idea of trading, and I don't know if that's going to be coming later at some point. Yes, it adds to the stress level, right, because if you miss on a very specific prediction, the whole thing goes up and flames, and.
Speaker 4: I specialize at that.
Speaker 2: If for some reason, though, Will Anderson went third to the Texans, we will give it to you if you get the right I think for both of us, because they traded out right.
Speaker 4: I think for this contest, if you get team and player match.
Speaker 3: You get it. You're good, all right, go ahead up a right number three. So we do have a trade at number three. They talked about yep, holy god.
Speaker 4: Well and then everyone stero reaction from the audience to this these turn of events. The Cardinals, you know, they're in rebuild node. They trade the pick to the Tennessee Titans, and the Titans are not coming up here to get a you know, a swing tackle. They're going Will Levis, quarterback out of Kentucky. I gets a bit of an upset. You could go Anthony richardson there, but I think they've fallen in love with Will Levis behind the scenes, and this will trigger at the end of this production. I have seven what I'm calling seven sports locks, and we'll get to part B of this. Uh then. But so at this point, it's going to be Will Levis to the sports. There's some football, and we span the whole world of sports.
Speaker 3: That's excellent, that's gutsy. That's the type of thing you've been known for over the last fourteen years and now fifteen years. I have the I'm curious if this plays into my sandwich prop. Now, if Will Levis ends up on this team, and really you would think Ryan Tannell could be on the move. I think that's you could connect those dots they can recoup a draft pick.
Speaker 4: Might be one of those sports locks in that work. We'll say, but you're right, But you're right. I think that would a would lead to be.
Speaker 2: And you could see that happening even if they were trading up to six or eight. And like I said, I think we'll give you credit if you somehow nail a time.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's gutsy as hell, and I'm on board with We haven't seen everything that the Tennessee Titans are doing yet because I think they're going into a rebuild and starting over with Levis. I'd respect it. Yeah, I'd respect it, all right. Number four, all.
Speaker 4: Right, the Indianapolis Colts, they need a quarterback too. They're not gonna rest on that front. They're going Anthony Richardson. I love the idea. If you just think where we were with Jalen Hurts two years ago. I know there's concerns about Richardson's accuracy. It's like historically an outlier. Yet this is a player with incredible potential athletic freakishness that I think Shane Stikeen is the right coach at the right time to build a quarterback for the Colts. They haven't had a draft pick this high since they picked Andrew Luck, and before that it was not as high as Peyton since Peyton Manning. So you go quarterback. You don't mess around here, You get the most talented guy left on the board at quarterback.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing makes sense. What did Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck have in common entering the league?
Speaker 4: They were the sons of pro football quarterbacks.
Speaker 3: What else did they have in common?
Speaker 4: Big time experience at the college level.
Speaker 3: Yes, and also they were seeneads, big fourheads, generational talents. They were seen as can't miss slam dunk picks and Richardson is not that Richardson is very much. I mean when I saw I saw a rotal World blurb headline today NFC coordinator Colin Richardson's accuracy so scary, and I was like, wow, this guy can put it on the money too, click into it. They were saying, how a short game is no terrible, It's a problem that his big arm and all the other stuff. Some teams might be scared by that element. Now, you could, obviously, as you mature as a player, look at Josh Allen as an example, clean up that element of your game, then the sky's the limit. But it is a pick that would come with some risk. But obviously, and Greg, we know where you stand on this, your love affair, a lot of reward for the Colts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think the accuracy stuff is overstated because he's pretty accurate ten year, ten yards on and they asked him to do that so much that weirdly. Yeah, the short game, that's a problem he's got. He's got to work on that. But it's been very quiet on the Colts Richardson front. A lot more Colts Levis talk. It would be fascinating if the Colts are on the board here and have a choice of either Stroud or Richardson.
Speaker 3: Three out of four qbs.
Speaker 4: So far, yeah, which I think I think that'll happen, but that there could be a muddled mess here in terms of it Levis being the flipped to number four there. I played with that for a roughly four and a half minutes last night when I did this very.
Speaker 3: Good it is.
Speaker 2: Dude, were you worried about drinking the coffee midway because you said it was after midnight to us before the show. The coffee kind of kicks in and you're done because you had that hour limit, and.
Speaker 3: He's not sleeping anyway.
Speaker 4: Right. It wasn't even like I woke up at the minute. I just was up at twelve thirty and decided it's time to get going on this, all right, Number five? I think this this just makes sense to me. I think this is one of Greg's sandwich props to Jail and Carter, to the Seattle Seahawks. I think it's a cultural fit. If the guy culture fit, well, if you go to the wrong team, maybe Jail and Carter. We don't know what's going on. There's some is some some concern about his effort on the field, and there's the off the field stuff. I like the idea for Pete Carroll and Jail and Carter, and there you really change that defensive front.
Speaker 3: Hey, Grave Digger is culture fit on our bingo board that we'll be using on Thursday for the live stream for tropes of Draft.
Speaker 1: I will make a note to add it because I didn't have it.
Speaker 3: But it's great.
Speaker 4: Culture part of my role to include some of that job.
Speaker 3: You're part of it, yeah, Machine, even if you're kind of an outlier and for some people a menace, you're part of it. Yeah. You're just kind of what's the Star Wars thing. You're a the You're the big the rebellion. Okay, you're han solo.
Speaker 4: Okay, I mean the crowd is telling you the response to that peril.
Speaker 3: With the blind guy from Eating Rainbow. You got the whole crew.
Speaker 4: Should we press on?
Speaker 2: Here? He he always saw himself as a Harrison Ford Mark.
Speaker 3: So I could see him wearing a brown vest in about six Absolute fiction, Go ahead, number six.
Speaker 4: Detroit Lions, Miss Hyrie Wilson goes here, and you can pair him with Aiden Hutchinson. Aaron Glenn has a lot going on on that defense, and they needed help, and I don't I think Edge fits for them. I think that's a it's a good situation.
Speaker 2: I could see you also like driving the planes later in life. Maybe I mean you're flying the planes, just saying yeah.
Speaker 3: So in this reality, and there's logic, obviously, the Seattle Seahawks coming off a double digit win season and a playoff berth and the Lions coming off a double digit season win season, they win ten.
Speaker 2: Seahawks only won nine, okay, but a playoff season and the lines obviously every nine has been great. They each had nine wins. The tiebreaker was that regular season Gino before five point bomby both these teams.
Speaker 3: Both these teams pass on the opportunity to bring in a quarterback given coming off a big year or a successful season. I have an issue with both those teams passing on what seems like a unique opportunity.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I think Seattle certainly is comfortable with Gino Smith obviously and what they have for him for a number of years. It would have been a good place to develop like an Anthony Richardson.
Speaker 3: But C. J. Stroud continues to drop here. I think that's notable noting it. I'm clocking it. Number seven.
Speaker 4: Another team not going quarterback, The Raiders go cornerback Devin Witherspoon out of Illinois.
Speaker 2: About their physical player.
Speaker 4: They've been talked about, They've been linked to a cornerback, and I think that you know, a lot of people think Witherspoon's the best guy. He had the best, one of the best seasons ever grated by PFF last year in college.
Speaker 2: Feel cornerback is so unpredictable. But then again, you look at last year and sas Gardner, you see what kind of impact that could have a cornerback can make and Witherspoon to me seems like I know there's an argument between him and guns offs, but feels like the NFL there's more teams that like Witherspoon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it does seem like when there's a big time edge player and a big time cornerback, it's the edge player absolutely that ends up going ahead. Look at Trayvon Walker last year. Yeah, as an example, but you're seeing it this year with even in your own mock draft here with Will Anderson, Jalen Carter and yet, like Greg said, if you get a cornerback who hits the ground running and they ken straight out of college, changes your defense.
Speaker 4: And they've they've tried to do this and they've they've missed another.
Speaker 3: Feel like they've been adding guys in their secondary forever and it never works. So I'm dubious, but it's a different brain trust. How about number eight?
Speaker 4: All right? Uh, my guy, Tyler Ljier is not going to be thrilled with what I did here.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, he did it.
Speaker 4: Oh yes he did. Because I'm going Bijon Robinson to the Atlanta fe because I think this is the offense they want to be. It's a huge help to Desmond Ridder. I kind of am starting to believe that they want Desmond Ridder to be the guy, and there would they They're going to pass on CJ. Stroud here too, But I think B John Robinson is going to go higher than people think. I can't leave him seeing him down at nineteen and twenty. In some people's mocks.
Speaker 2: When I canceled out Sandwich Props because it seemed too safe, was Falcons take the first offensive weapon in the draft, and so that would be either B John Robinson or a wide receiver or maybe even a tight end. But that that felt too vague. I like them doing can we do this?
Speaker 3: Can we can we bring in B John Robinson Falcons fans twenty eighty three was eight years ago? Greg, this is a classy help the audience program here. I love it. Bejon Robinson and then Arthur Smith. Go get Ryan Tannehill and then can we actually be a real have a real team that you could look at as a contender in the NFC because I would feel that good about the Falcons.
Speaker 4: I'm with you one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Falcons fans like you?
Speaker 3: Makes sense? That's not a shot against Desmond Rinterer. But they're making a lot of moves this offseason like they're ready to go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's year three. I mean you have to turn this thing around.
Speaker 3: By you even have the Does it mean you're quitting on Desmond Ridder if you bring in thirty six year old rynd Tenne, I don't think so.
Speaker 4: No. Number nine, all right, Number nine Chicago Bears. This just fits in my opinion. Peter Scarnsky Offensive lineman Zach Martin KMP. I think you can put him in it. He's got shorter arms than some would like for a tackle. He played tackling college did very well, but you could put him at guard. I just think in Chicago you do everything you can to protect Justin Field's injuries were an issue at times last year. That line was a mess early on. It got a little bit better as a run blocking unit. But I just say you keep four to fying the front five.
Speaker 2: If they get this pick. If it happened as well, one of the reasons they traded down tonight, and I think they feel very comfortable with the positions that will be available there, whether it be defensive line or offense, especially offensive line that they might get their first pick. I think the offensive lineman.
Speaker 3: I think this is I think this is one of those picks that everyone is very confident about, and it makes so much sense for where Chicago is and what they want to do and how they want to protect justin Fields after he got beat up last year, I thought this was a chance because I know Joe Douglas is known to be aggressive when it comes to offensive linement, that they might try to maybe get ahead of nine and grab Scronsky. But after what happened with Rogers, I think they might be a little more conservative. So Chicago, that's a good one. That's locked and loaded.
Speaker 4: I think all right. Number ten Eagles. I love this guy, Lucas van Ness out of Iowa. I think this is an ascending prospect, this whole Titan, through this whole process. He brings brutality in might to a defense that lost a couple of people. You've got a new defensive coordinator. I just I think he fits so well with what the Eagles like to do and just damaging, you know, opposing.
Speaker 2: As a renegade in the mock draft sphere, how closely do you pay attention to let's say, Daniel Jeremiah maybe the leader of the entire industry what he's saying about this team, specifically.
Speaker 3: As a former.
Speaker 2: Eagles, And I heard him say he had fourd names that he said he almost was sure that the Eagles, it will be one of the four. And I feel like I can feel it was Gronsky, Paris Johnson, van Ness or Nolan Smith, and I think van Ness was his favorite.
Speaker 4: I would pay attention to Daniel Jeremiah, wouldn't go out of my way to not pay attention to him. If that's the If that's how you're asking the question, right, I would.
Speaker 2: Want you to take him down. I was trying to set you up.
Speaker 4: I think this is the.
Speaker 3: Renegade, rebel. You got to hit back at the fat cats that run and rule the industry. That's just well, that's true.
Speaker 2: Jeremiah got to where he was without a few uh no knife and Mayok's back. He was the one calling up Al Davis and being like, you want to hire this guy wants.
Speaker 3: He's not just wholesome, he's the wholesome assassin. Don't forget that's part two. Yeah, And if you don't knife him, believe you me, he'll knife your ass.
Speaker 4: There is one disconnect though. What I mean he spends like se I don't want to spend seven or eight months doing what he does.
Speaker 3: It's like might want is paycheck. All right, that is your top ten before we take a break, Grave Digger, Let's see your top ten, all right, and see how it's the same and how it's different.
Speaker 1: All right, here's a little side by side. I also have Bryce Young, will Anderson as the top two picks. I do not have any trades in the top five, So I have the Cardinals staying put in grabbing Tyree Wilson. As much as they want to trade down, nobody is willing to pay the price to come up that high. The Colts so connected to Will Levis, even with Stroud and Richardson on the board too, so you think that that's going to be the pick. And then I did buy into this recent report that the Seahawks are targeting Anthony Richardson at five. So that's where my third quarterback goes off the board.
Speaker 3: And when this budding rivalry here in the in the mock draft Renegades division, like right off the back, Greggie, we're gonna have a top five that has some big differences and someone. There's a good chance someone's out to a big lead right off the back.
Speaker 2: Right, that's Grave Digger. Had it nailed the top ten, it's easier to get the top ten, right, that's your better chance. You start with a lead, you get one or two right over the other guy, and suddenly it's an avalanche. That's what happened last year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that's what Justin's looking to do here. How about your next five in the top ten.
Speaker 2: I have noticed a Grave Digger has made some very beautiful graphics you can check out on our YouTube, and I think they're even more beautiful because this is his day. Great, like a little extra effort.
Speaker 1: What dig In on that nice one? All right? My next six picks, starting with the Lions at six. This is where Jalen Carter I think his floor is. If the Seahawks don't take him at five, makes sense, I don't think he gets further. I also have Devin Witherspoon here for the Raiders. I've seen reports that it's Devin Witherspoon or Peter Scroansky for the Raiders. So in this scenario, I think Witherspoon gets to seven. But if the there's a lot of talk. The Lions could take him at six, in which case Skearanski could go seven, or the Raiders could take Christian Gonzalez at seven. And then I have a trade up here as whoa I like this. It's the same team trading up, the Titans coming up from eleven, but this time they're trading back with the Falcons at eight. Seen a lot of buzz that the Falcons are are already making calls to move down. I think Albert Beer reported that DJ said the Falcons are expected to have a lot of guys on their board that they like at eight, so they'd be willing to move.
Speaker 2: They wanted Jon or Jackson Smith and jig By that that could be a trade down scenario. Don't get those guys.
Speaker 1: And then I also have the Bears taking to c J.
Speaker 3: Stroud.
Speaker 1: Oh sorry, yes, Titans take c J. Stroud, ending his fall. And that's all for the top four quarterbacks, and.
Speaker 3: So you eat both of our rebels. Here have the Titans starting over at QB with a top ten pick.
Speaker 4: There's just a lot of heat around there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, there's too much smoke there for it to mean nothing in my opinion, and.
Speaker 2: Very clever, too because your sandwich props, which I wanted to ding you on, was that there's no trades within the top seven picks. I could have sworn it was top ten. But you are very smart. You're consisting between the sandwich props and this.
Speaker 3: He's dangerous, Mark, Yeah, he is young.
Speaker 4: I do see a lot of shared concepts between us, but different names attached to those contents.
Speaker 3: And I know, same church, different pews.
Speaker 2: The way past this, but I pointed out how al Davis was the one that Mike hired Mike Mack. I do want to point out al Davis had been no longer on this guard for many years by that point. He was not a mistake by at that point.
Speaker 3: Twenty ten I believe he passed or twenty eleven in that range.
Speaker 1: All right, you have Paris Johnson junior at number nine.
Speaker 2: That's where Mark and catch back up a little scads to head offensive line.
Speaker 3: That would be a big shock. I think, I think the way.
Speaker 1: But the latest things I'm hearing I'm from little birdies is that Paris Johnson is more highly viewed by the league than he is by like mock drafters, and that the Bears spend a lot of time with him at the Ohio State Pro Day.
Speaker 2: What are the little birdies that move the sticks podcast?
Speaker 1: I cannot scan's got damn little arms.
Speaker 3: Nobody wants them little arms and sausage fingers.
Speaker 1: And at the time, I have the Eagles taking Christian Gonzales and I heard what you guys just talked about DJ saying the Eagles top four guys, and I totally agree. But in this crazy scenario where Christian Gonzalez falls to ten, I feel like the Eagles are that BPA kind of team. They just take the best player and they don't think Gonzalez is gonna make it to ten, and that's why he I mocked him here, although this could be a bit butt for me to go at.
Speaker 4: The point, taking out behind the building at this point gives you four names on the Eagles where he used to work, and you're just like thumbing your nose at him.
Speaker 1: Well, I did have Nolan, you never know. I had no Smith here initially, and then I was like, this is one of those weird things about mock drafting that I get trapped in where I'm like, Christian Gonzalez can't fall that far. He's too good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's going to cause them to recalibrate their thinking in real time. Perhaps let's take a break and we'll move to the middle of the first round.
Speaker 2: All right, they're right.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to the fifteenth annual Mark Sessler Mock Draft, the Rebel Edition. The rivalry is real. As we move to the middle of the first round, Mark, back to your picks. Now, who is the first player picked outside the top ten on Thursday night?
Speaker 4: I like what Grave Digger said about Christian Gonzalez because I struggled with this too. He's at eleven to the Cardinals, who had done that trade with the Titans, so they can't pass them up. They need everything, so why not start here with a great cornerback anchor a defense that wants at every position. So that's that's my pick there at number eleven.
Speaker 2: Excited for Cardinals fans, the first draft without Steve Kim. It's a nice day. It's time to turn. It's been a bad offseason. We're turning the page. We're getting new Who.
Speaker 3: Was that again, I'm sorry I missed that one. Christian Christian goes all right, there you go, number eleven, Mark Sessler. All right, let's move to number twelve.
Speaker 4: All right, So this. This may be a little too rich and too dreamy for Texans fans, but somehow c J. Stroud falls all the way to number twelve and without having a maneuver up or down or cost them anything. Bang, they get their quarterback right there and they say it's two tests. We don't really care. We'll build our offense around Stroud one way or another.
Speaker 3: Can I push back on this one? Sure? If they didn't like c J. Stroud enough to take him at number two, that must mean they have some real reservations about him, right. They might not think he's a guy a dog, So why would you then use your number twelve pick on a guy that you didn't like enough to take when you own the draft boards.
Speaker 4: Like I said, this is a little rich and dreamy, But I think it's not that they don't like.
Speaker 3: Maybe think Ace is his u S two test, but during Thursday night he retakes it that what grades comment he's got to be would change things.
Speaker 4: I think that the number two thing has a lot to do with Demiko Ryans as head coach, and starting with the player, he can always sort of said this was my guy. I don't think this is anything to do with Nick Cassario at this point, who I'm not sure is even there in a couple of weeks. Uh, So Stroud falls to them. Like the other option is you can go Hennon Hooker, who's already you know, in mid twenty in mid twenties. I don't think they do that. So I think Stroud is just something you can't pass up if if you get to them a twelve already did well, this is at twelve, not number two. I mean, I I you're logically, I get what you're saying. And again this was a round minute twenty seven of sixty five for me. So it's I gotta keep moving.
Speaker 3: So, you know, great Glass like twisting his mustache with Lee.
Speaker 2: I think this is kind of candy though, because the Texans could trade up for Stroud too and will still give I don't know, half credit for that if it's.
Speaker 3: A team name for both of us, if they if you, if they take him at too, you still get credit.
Speaker 4: Gravers. We both felt that way that we were to score us both the same way. If they if they go, if it goes to the right team just where.
Speaker 3: That sounds good to me.
Speaker 4: So that was my strategy. That was that was kind of good trade up to seven or is it makes sense in the real world? Not at all.
Speaker 3: They kind of cover you. You have a little coverage there.
Speaker 2: No, you're I think Dan's point is right, though it's uh to Dave Gettleman's point. If I was gonna take Daniel Jones at eighteen, I'm gonna take that guy at six. That's my guy.
Speaker 4: Well, I've been saying it was a little rich and dreaming for a real for the real world, but.
Speaker 3: It's not reference scheduling too often, and you know, matters of draft strategy. I don't trade back, never trade back. Go ahead? Who needs this laugh track all the time? So the show has been missing go ahead, mark all track. This is a life I mean, strike that right down in the record them there strike that from the Reir.
Speaker 4: Green Bay Packers. Uh, now it's time to start building around your quarterback. So they take the first wide receiver off the board, Jackson Smith and Jigba out of Ohio State.
Speaker 3: And of course this is the draft pick that they got from the New York Jets and the Aaron Rodgers trade moving up a couple spots.
Speaker 2: It's interesting because they moved ahead of the Patriots and they have the maybe the top two same needs as the Patriots.
Speaker 3: That's annoying too.
Speaker 2: Wide receiver and tackle. Well, I would have said the Jets were almost locked in to take a tackle there, and I think that's probably the most likely Patriots pick, so either way. But they also could take a receiver, which is a big Patriots.
Speaker 4: But they do not. In fact, they don't even trust they did the Patriots. The Maistriots do not.
Speaker 3: So you have I like it, by the way, for green Bay, it makes sense and if it annoys Aaron Rodgers, even better. But Christian Watson was emerging as a star in the back end of last year. Now you pair him with a young, potentially dynamic receiver and Injigba, okay, we're cooking with a new quarterbacks combo too, skill.
Speaker 4: Or an argument for them to add a bunch of players. I like Watson a lot, but like they I think would love it.
Speaker 3: I believe they will add a bunch of players over the next But I said.
Speaker 4: That wide receiver and tight end, and for my sandwich, bet that they at least for.
Speaker 2: Take you on that it's too nebulous position.
Speaker 3: I couldn't take it was nebulous.
Speaker 4: That's okay, Patriots don't do what you think, Greg and never do. They probably will do what you think in the real world, but they go Nolan Smith Edge out of Georgia. I like just Belichick adding a defensive.
Speaker 2: Players looks like a guy they would love. You can character guy. Everyone says he's the greatest Georgia leader.
Speaker 3: You know, maybe it's maybe the answer is mac Jones. But Belichick, as we know, everybody's laughing on him at him about the guard he took last year, even though that didn't turn out poorly. He very rarely does what the draft industrial complex thinks he's going right, never mac Jones. Perhaps that kind of made sense in that moment, but for the most part, he's gonna.
Speaker 4: Strange not so much though supposedly they were going to take Elijah air A Tucker if the Jets hadn't traded up for.
Speaker 2: Him, which is a weird sliding doors.
Speaker 3: Speaking of the Jets, is this their pick?
Speaker 4: It is and the Jets take Broderick Jones short of offensive tackle six five three and eleven pounds, one of the more rough and sullable big points in the draft.
Speaker 3: In the Jets fans there, it's great is that might say that yeah, I'll be dancing in the streets. Last year I picked sauce going to the Jets, and if I could do it two years in a row, yummy. That makes sense. They're gonna take the absolutely taking an offensive tackle, and then you could say, oh, look, why would they do that. They got Dwayne brown back, they got Makai becked in. Those are starters. There. There is no it's not a sure bet either of those guys or somebody you could trust to be on the field by week four. And both those guys are not under contract after this year, so they need to get younger. We started the position and add some much necessary depth after they were wrecked on their O line lineat year by injuries. Nailed that one.
Speaker 4: Mark seems like a home run. Sixteen the Washington Commanders. I feel like this team is sort of petrified, or Ron Rivera's for a frozen from chasing a quarterback or doing anything big because of what's going on there in general. So Ron Rivera does a very Ron Rivera thing and just adds up front offensive tackle Paris Johnson Junior out of Ohio State.
Speaker 2: They can use some tackle health taking in the top ten by Justin Graemer I feel like tackles get pushed up. Defensive linemen and tackles that people love getting pushed up, even when they're not that in love with them, and they bust quite a bit, you know people.
Speaker 3: So they are then they're serious about the Sam Howe thing. Clearly at this point.
Speaker 4: I feel like there's very little, very little out there about the Commanders being a team that's gonna suddenly do something stunning and go up and make a move at court.
Speaker 2: I think samehow and Jacoby Brissett for this year, and this.
Speaker 3: Is very yeah, very much. The ship is a neutral year for Washington. That's a field transition, right, make sense not to take a big swing at quarterback if you could build up the rest of the roster unless you love a quarterback right now. Who's the top prospect? Is it Hooker at this point? Yes?
Speaker 4: Okay, go ahead, all right, Pittsburgh Steelers number seventeen, Darnel Wright, offensive tackle, Tennessee. There's a couple of ways they could go, but I lack o run pinch me absolutely. I think this is like there, why not continue just to add pieces to a young offense. It's sort of all in the same contract. Bio rhythm right now. Their line got a little bit better last year as the season went on, but they need people and he could step right in and start.
Speaker 2: Here's whey tackles get pushed up because they are never available in free agency. And if you look through the thirty two rosters, there's about twenty three that have a need at tackle. Like you could slot these to practically any team.
Speaker 4: Well, you know my theory that I think that at now, as children by age three or four are just staring at screens instead of going out and like not a joke mowing the lawn and stuff. Yeah, when they are young boys like there, we're gonna have less and less big beefy linemen. They're gonna be less tough minded in general. They're already little little nuggets out there, but it's tougher to find these guys in general.
Speaker 2: And so we play outside kids, please right, I am. It's really up to you though. As a parent, I actually started walker mowing the lawn at two years old. Three was too late for me. I like it a huge, huge, like motor saw spinning as fast as possible. I'd say, Greg like buyd that with young kid, that is.
Speaker 4: That's noble some of the genetic material you're passing down would prevent Walker from becoming an offensive tackle that's not your faulther.
Speaker 3: Yeah, whatever is the most. Get a chainsaw in the mix as early as possible. It's good to get the kids in their motor.
Speaker 4: I mean thought the pressure on their.
Speaker 3: Motor reflexes and abilities early on.
Speaker 4: Get out there and do that farm work went while still a.
Speaker 3: Top What are they called iron sharpens, iron chainsaws, motor skills.
Speaker 4: Detroit Lyons first tight end off the board. They go Michael Mayer out of Notre Dame. They traded away TJ. Hockinson. This is a ready to go, polished tight end who can do a little bit of everything. And why not just add they've added defense. They got an edch go at someone to help Jared Goff on offense.
Speaker 2: Love it feels a little more like a lion than Dalton Kinkaid for whatever reason.
Speaker 3: I guess. My only question is like, why why try? Why trade t J. Hockinson to go draft another tight end when I.
Speaker 4: Know but I didn't love that trade to begin with, So just like, what is.
Speaker 3: All the time tighten? He's very rarely in the NFL in the first round turn into stars. So it's like you're just getting I guess younger and perhaps cheaper. I don't even know if that's true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well TJ. Hockinson was a guy in the fourth year of a five year contract, and they also moved up. They got a second and a third and gave back a fourth. I mean, they got some nice picks, and that wasn't their guy. I think they've, you know, for whatever reason, they didn't think he was. I think the hope would be Michael Mayer is a better player than TJ. Hockkinson. Not that Hockinson's bad, but I.
Speaker 4: Mean it is a positional need though, too. I mean, because of what they did. I'm with you, it's annoying to go to a guy and get.
Speaker 3: Another guy pretty good, even after it's okay, it's fine. I hope they don't do that.
Speaker 4: You know what if it doesn't happen in real life, you the good thing with this is you don't need to be concerned about it.
Speaker 3: Tune back in Thursday Night I'm Alive, and they replaced Jamal Williams with David Montgomery, So I guess I wouldn't have minded maybe them making that running back splash year but true, you.
Speaker 2: Know we're Ticke a receiver.
Speaker 4: Well I've done them wrong, apparently, right. So the Tampa Bay Buccaneers they go Miles Murphy edge out of Clemson. I just feels like a Todd Bowles going defense here. They call him this year's version of Trayvon Walker to some degree. He's massive.
Speaker 2: That's at nineteen. That's a better spot.
Speaker 3: Perhaps the start to read, but at nineteen, yes, I like it better, toolsy all right.
Speaker 4: Number twenty, Number twenty, we have another tight adult and King Kaid goes to the Seahawks. Uh not number one, not the number one blocking tight end here, but he could be a centerpiece on offense. I'd like. I think the Seahawks definitely are a team that could a wide receiver here. I kind of went back and forth on that, but I think that they fall in love with the idea of getting a starting tight end.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think they would love it if Smith and Jigba fell to them. There's a lot of slot receivers in this draft. They need one, so maybe they wait. Kincaid to me is the most exciting receiver I think between tight ends and receivers in this draft, like maybe the highest upside of anyone helps Gino Greg passing on Richardson and your mock and then taking a weapon for him.
Speaker 4: That's the way to go.
Speaker 3: We've got Noah Offen and Will Disley on that depth chart right now. How was fan last year?
Speaker 2: Okay, you can find down.
Speaker 3: Disley was really promising. I think he had an achilles. I believe it was.
Speaker 4: It's not like a screaming need. But fans in the final year of his contract. You know, Seahawks do weird things too, They're not going to just.
Speaker 3: I think this is more of my hesitation. It was a knee injury that for Disley. But anyway, Uh, I guess I'm just spooked by tight ends.
Speaker 4: I'm just spooked.
Speaker 3: You know, we need the NFL. It seems to be it's like a tight end to come kick some ass, come into the league and go full ground.
Speaker 4: I think Kyle Pitts did did harm to you.
Speaker 2: Well, there's a Howard. This class is maybe the best tight end class of the last debody seven or eight.
Speaker 3: Somebody be a good looking guy, somebody, I don't care what. Somebody be good, that's all that's. Somebody be a Pro Bowl player before year two. One of these tight ends. Save it for the last who was the last one?
Speaker 2: I mean Pitts I think is going to be fine. Mark Andrews came in and was good close pretty much right away, but that was five years ago now, so that was a w I mean.
Speaker 4: Not to almost say that Hawkinson's been one of the better results and he's not earth shaking.
Speaker 3: If we don't have one of these tight ends that are entering the league this year in a Pro Bowl in the next three years, I don't want to ever hear about the tight end classes being great ever again. Just strike it ever again, ever again. Okay, strike it from the first round conversation. Treat them like tight ends.
Speaker 4: You have that power.
Speaker 3: I mean running backs.
Speaker 2: I want to see if Mike Graver put some tight ends in his eleven to twenty.
Speaker 3: What number was that? Yeah, that was twenty.
Speaker 4: With Justin's eleven three check with the mock that might completely devastate mine.
Speaker 1: To stay confident marked or or who knows which way we're going to go here?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: My eleven had I had the Falcons trading back with the Titans to eleven and that is where they take Beijeon out here the where's the this one. Yeah, okay, I did it for the trade oup you want it for them all the more sounds the better. Huh yeah, okay. At number twelve, I have another trade up. This one is the Steelers better. The Steelers, who have been rumored to be making calls to come up, trade up to number twelve. The Texans. They took will Anderson in the beginning. None of the other quarterbacks made it to them at twelve, so they trade down to seventeen and the Steelers grab offensive tackle Broderick Jones since Paris Johnson.
Speaker 3: Bad news just off the board, I know, very just incredulous look from Rosenthal as soon as you watched this one, What do you mean why you did it?
Speaker 2: I think I was show the replay of his face when it happened. I was looking, I was reacting to the sound effects. I don't know, and I'm sorry that I didn't give Broderick Jones to the Jets. You know, Kevin Colbert never Yeah, I used to trade the Steelers GM. He did that, make that mink up Fitzpatrick trade. But that wasn't like a draft trade. He wasn't a guy who ever moved. They do have a new GM Omar Khan, So I guess they could look at it a little differently, but would be changing from the norms.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Maybe, and maybe these these rumors are you know, just smoke screens. But there it has been out there that the Steelers are trying to come up for a tackle or for Jalen Carter if he were to fall, which I don't think.
Speaker 3: Let's get it makes more sense when the Pittsburgh Steelers have a position of strength on the offensive line.
Speaker 2: They're the Steelers. Let's get back to that. It does make sense. I think they'd sit there. I do want to point out to make up some rules as we go here. Now, if Bijon Robinson actually gets drafted by the Falcons, but he gets drafted eighth as Mark said, and Justin has them eleventh, I think the rules should come up with some sort of bonus for Mark here.
Speaker 1: You know, well, we're gonna need to maybe we can come up with like a trade nailing bonus. But I feel like the trade element is just for fun and the real like concess here is going team player.
Speaker 3: Match, so like we'll work SOMETHINGO, we'll figure it out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, to me, that would be a tie breaker if like there was a tie. You're correct, spots, Yeah, because like you shouldn't. You shouldn't get it.
Speaker 4: That's our third or fourth team player agreement thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think four Yeah, the offensive lineman.
Speaker 2: You're all completely different though. Let's keep going through them, all right.
Speaker 1: Thirteen I have the Packers taking best player available to Luke van Ness. I know there's all this like buzz about them taking a wide receiver a tight end, but that's just like, that's not how they operate, and I don't know why they would change that starting this.
Speaker 3: Year fight fight.
Speaker 1: It's a really deep class wide receiver and tight end and second and third round, so I think they So do you.
Speaker 2: Think Mark's a dummy?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 4: That's the subtext to me.
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't understand why this is starting a fight, But.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: At fourteen, I have the Patriots taking Peter Scaransky. He goes off the board. Patriots do their own thing. They're like short arms, who cares, he's a good tackle. We're gonna plug him in.
Speaker 3: See that. It would be great the Jets once Scronsky drops or like they call up the Packers and they get they switch again. That would be great. They take Scronsky ahead of New.
Speaker 2: England maybe a similar a better prospect to Isaiah Win who also they thought would move to gret and they never did and ended up being a bad pick.
Speaker 3: All right, fifteen.
Speaker 1: Fifteen, I got the Jets taking Darnell Right, He's maybe the cleanest like pure right tackle evaluation in the class. So I'm like, we're questions about his character, but I think that the Jets will like him and get him in there, you know, get him at the fixed that tackle position since McKay Beckton can't stay healthy. All right, moving on, I got the I mean as.
Speaker 2: A new weird character draft analyst, maybe can you be more specific when you said weird character issues? That just feels like a broad brush.
Speaker 3: Is he just like a strength?
Speaker 2: I do hear anything about that?
Speaker 4: So I'd like to hear.
Speaker 1: There were some questions that came up about his like work, ethic in practice. There was some weird like Twitter DM exchanges that he like posted this like somebody posted screenshots of him getting in people's dms with like kind of weird messages. I wouldn't let that affect my football evaluation of him, but.
Speaker 3: The Jets are a little scarred by another guy been has similar not creeping into people's dms, but like does he love the game? Is he a hard work or would they take a chance on that. I don't know about that one.
Speaker 1: But also right also like he shut down Will Anderson like he was really good against Georgia. Like he's he was just lights out into this. Yeah it has been and move on, we're creative here, moving on. We got some yes we do have. I'm just going crazy because what the heck, nobody's going to get this right anyway? Right, Okay, So sixteen, I have the Commanders taking Joey Porter Junior, and there's a lot of smoke there, Like a lot of mocks have that happening. So I'm just following the chalk. At seventeen, where the Texans have traded back with the Steelers, I have them taking quarterback Hendon Hooker. Texans have been doing their homework on Hendon Hooker, They've been meeting with them, They've met with them multiple times throughout the process, and I don't see how they can come out of this draft without a quarterback just to like say we took somebody. So I feel like this is a realistic possibility if they trade back gets an extra pick.
Speaker 3: Notice how the graphic, Because Grave Digger is great branding, Mark has an equally great nickname in my opinion, quiet Storm. Why isn't a quiet Storm versus Grave? That's why you just Mark versus. That's a good reporters question.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm pure oversight on my part, mono symbolic, like, hey, here's the middle manager versus check out monster jam Saturday.
Speaker 1: So far, this pod is billed as the fifth annual Mark Sessler Mock Draft, so I wanted to keep that consistent. Sure we don't call it the annual Quiet Storm mock Draft.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's like, hey, cool Creeve Digger, you wouldn't want your daughter to date him versus like insurance salesman Mark Sessler.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Mark on, I'm totally checked out.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, he's a top ten football insider. All right?
Speaker 1: Moving on, Yeah, let's wrap the Sublets go yeah, all right. I have the Chiefs trading up to eighteen with the Lions to take Zay Flowers is the number one receiver off the board. A lot of smoke there, bucks. I have taking Anton Harrison quarter offensive tackle lot of Oklahoma. This is like one where people are saying that league is higher on him than the mock drafters. So I'm just taking a throwing a dart here, okay. And then I have the Bills trading up with the Seahawks to take Jackson Smith and Jigba. The Bills are like, wow, I can't believe he's still on the board. John Schneider and the Seahawks always trying to trade back, so they pull that off, and the Bills get their slot receiver to either take over for or replace Davis going there.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think if you get Hopkins, I've got a real proposal. If you get a trade and player combo, you get an extra half that otherwise that's tangible. Okay, that sounds because you've got like seventeen trades here. It's gotten a little outright or six.
Speaker 3: I think DeAndre Hopkins is I think going to be moved in the next you know, ninety six hours. And the Bills make so much sense, so I don't know if they double up there. But it's so hard to Stephan.
Speaker 4: Diggs showing up to offseason workout.
Speaker 3: It's a little annoyed. Yeah, he's a sensitive little man. Not so little actually, all right, let's see, let's take one more break and then we will hit the rest of the first round a lot ed. I'm a draft you yea ye, welcome back. It is time now to finish out the twenty twenty three mock draft. Mark Sessler take us through the final eleven picks.
Speaker 4: All right, the Chargers go Jail and hyatt Field stretching wide out out of Tennessee. I think that feels like an obvious need for them. The Ravens. I love this more than I think it may happen. But Joey Porter Junior, the steel the son of the Steelers Great, goes to the Baltimore Ravens, I think, and just stick it to Pittsburgh for years there the Vikings, Hendon Hooker, Kirk Cousins out the door after this season. I like the match. There's a lot of heat around that. If he falls that far, then I am in the same church and pew once again with Grave Digger, because I have the Kansas City Chiefs trading up to twenty four with the Jaguars to get Zay Flowers, who they've done a lot of work on. And at twenty five the New York Giants Quentin Johnston falls right into their laps, and I really could see the New York Giants going wide receiver and just continuing to add around. Daniel, Jones and Johnston would be an interesting New York Giant.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: I think with the chiefs, you each have flowers, same church, might be different pews because you have them a little later. The pew and pews a little well.
Speaker 3: They're both.
Speaker 2: It's both the trade.
Speaker 4: It's both the trade though, so we would both get that extra half point that we're discussed.
Speaker 2: True, you're more of a front pew type of guy when you were a religious man.
Speaker 4: Were where I'm sitting. I can see him in the church, crave digger from where I'm sitting, you know, to crane the neck to for.
Speaker 2: I like your I like your hand and hooker placement with the Vikings, I think that has a better change. I like a quarters and I'm rooting for Mark. By the way, I have a feeling Dan agrees we're going with the old stand by build guard take out these new young guns.
Speaker 3: Yeah, although we want everyone to do well because I know justin you put a lot of work into this.
Speaker 2: It's just saying we knew Mark a lot longer.
Speaker 1: Sure, I'm mark too for what it's worth.
Speaker 4: Sure, well that is yeah, that's rich, Sure.
Speaker 3: Y'are I think you guys are missing one thing that's going to shake up the draft board. I think Minnesota might be more aggressive in setting up their QB of the future. I could see them picking in the top ten, moving all the way up and grabbing one of those earlier qbs. I think there's a lot of breadcrumbs pointing to the Vikings reshuffling the deck as it were, and with Cousins not reworking his deal, this feels like the end of the road. Could Cousins be moved? Could they draft a QB and move Cousins?
Speaker 4: The only place that ever felt logical to me was wherever Kyle Shanahan was. And I don't think there's too much of a log jam a quarterback.
Speaker 3: And there's got to be teams out there that would look at a one year rental of Cousins as the commanders enticing back to Washington. Well, it's different ownership, I mean, not coaches, different everything too much. That was ugly different team name true? All right, how about your uh you're twenty one through twenty five? Grave digger?
Speaker 1: Alrighty at twenty so I Miami's got picked twenty one and they forfeited, so technically it's the twenty first pick, but it's picked twenty two. I have the Chargers taking Nolan Smith. I don't know, man like, he's probably not gonna fall this far, but if he does, the Chargers would pounce on him.
Speaker 3: So whatever.
Speaker 1: There's like, I have like twenty five claires set in. I have like twenty five players that I feel like are going to be top twenty picks, and obviously the math doesn't check out there, so some some people have to fall.
Speaker 3: You disagree with that rival GM.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the one who said there's only fifteen and it's he has less than fifteen or whatever. Yeah, draft sucks twenty three every year.
Speaker 2: Weren't they saying that last year or two?
Speaker 3: Just waiting to get fired up about that one again?
Speaker 2: They say that every other year, maybe like two out of three.
Speaker 4: It's just stupid.
Speaker 1: At twenty three, I have the Ravens taking a wide receiver Jordan Addison. Kind of matches the profile that they looked for when they took Marcus Brown. Add another weapon get Lamar to come home.
Speaker 2: He's number one, by the way on my annual wide receiver rankings that I put out. It's very exciting. George Pickens was number two last year, Addison number one.
Speaker 3: Nice Who is left by the way, who was left in the Lamar Jackson sweepstakes from the because I guess there can be movement now the draft happens and then teams can reset. The Jets are obviously out now because the Rogers thing is done. If they were ever in, I don't think they were. Who is out there as a potential.
Speaker 4: Match again, in my world, not the Falcons, but in some worlds, the Falcons, based on who they picked, could be.
Speaker 3: I guess when the dust clear is on Saturday night, there might be a team that wants to make a play there. But we'll see. He's probably just going back to Baltimore, though probably I don't believe the Odell bet. I think Odell Beckham was lying through his teeth in that press conference when he said he was given no assurances that Lamar Jackson was going to be his quarterback.
Speaker 4: Why would you go there?
Speaker 3: He would? Well? The money, Odell, Well, the money was juicy, But like Odell's gonna go play with Tyler Huntley for four months?
Speaker 4: That feels like they will go go be good for me.
Speaker 2: He watched the Pro Bowl skills composition there, Tyler I was really doing well.
Speaker 3: He lit it up.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, all right. At twenty four, I have the Vikings taking cornerback Deontay Banks, another guy who could go earlier. This is like the best available to fix the defense kind of situation. Twenty five I have the Jaguars taking Miles Murphy another you know, stop his slide because he's a guy that could go earlier.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: And at twenty six I have the Giants taking tight end Michael Meyer. This is the first place I have a tight end going off the board. I know they traded for Darren Waller, but Meyer is a guy who can really help in the run game and be another weapon outlet for Daniel Jones, who they don't like to let him throw the ball that far down the field in that offense. So another little underneath a.
Speaker 3: Waller I think is entering his age thirty one or thirty two year season, So it makes sense. It makes sense too. All right, let's close it up now mark your final picks for the first round.
Speaker 4: All right, Dallas Cowboys, they've lost Dalton Schultz, They've lost a bunch of tight ends in this draft, but they're gonna go with someone that fascinates me. Darnell Washington out of Georgia, six foot seven, two hundred and seventy pounds, a human freak of nature. I can just see him in a Cowboys I think Jerry Jones get fascinated by.
Speaker 2: Saying that's Sessler's guy. That and van Ness.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, I'm way into this guy. Buffalo Bills, they need a wide receiver. I love the idea of them trading up. I agree that that's a real possibility. Because of where they started a fall, I think they stayed where they were. They go Jordan Addison out of usc The Bengals. I struggle with this one because I really think they'd love to see a tight end fall to them where they are, but they're kind of we're out of them in this draft. On my side, they go cornerback Deontay Banks out of Maryland. The Saints go edge Will McDonald Iowa State. Add to that defense, the Eagles go to Kelijah Cansey and man, like you know, when you do these mocks, you get to the end, it's like crap, Klijah Cansy is not on the list, so I had to like redo the whole thing and try to figure out to put them. I wanted them with New Orleans essentially, and then I said Eagles. Because the Eagles can't They're not gonna go take another edge, So he goes. He goes to Philly. The Jaguars, with that trade from Kansas City sit at thirty one. They take dB Brian Branch out of Alabama, and I have one bonus pick, okay, because this is someone I really think has a chance to go in the first round. But at number thirty two or thirty three. In round two, the Eagles will trade up with the Steelers, who had that second round pick from the Bears, to get Jamar Gibbs, Alabama running back. They get their running back the Eagles.
Speaker 3: I was just about to ask about Gibbs to see you know, there's been talk will there be multiple running backs to go in the first round. I still like the idea of Cincinnati pouncing on one of these guys, yep, and Gibbs as a more natural fit I think than Robinson, and I think will be gone by the time Cincinnati picks. But coming off the board where you have them gone Philly.
Speaker 4: Yes, first pick of the second round.
Speaker 2: Maybe Justin off to make a first pick of the second round, as I had another tybrick. I did enjoy Dan. I don't know if you noticed when Mark looked over to Justin and was like, it's tough when you're doing these and like you didn't have cancy in there, and he was like, you identify with that right in a way that we me and you. Dan couldn't understand absolutely.
Speaker 4: I mean we're brothers in arms. I mean we are competing.
Speaker 3: John Elway and Dan Marino like sitting on a dock with their fishing poles, just chopping it up.
Speaker 1: And I went through the same thing where I'm like, I still have four guys that should be first round picks. They're not in the first round.
Speaker 3: That is what it is.
Speaker 2: It's really backbreaking label all right, what do we got? All right?
Speaker 1: So for my last six picks, I have the Cowboys taking guard Osirens Torrents Osyris Torrance out of Florida. It's just like a Cowboys move to take the best lineman that's left on the board in the first round. They've done a good job. I know they need tight ends, but I don't have Dalton Kinkaid going in the first round. Maybe I'm crazy, but I'm with you, Dan, It's like, what these titands got to do something before they deserve to be all the first round picks. Like, so, I don't have two or three Titans rebellion on that one. Huh my. I have the Seahawks in their trade back with the whoever it was the Bills. I guess has Keon White defensive end.
Speaker 3: I noticed when Mark has a trade he's not getting the thing, but you're getting it.
Speaker 1: I must have missed it.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna keep my I'm gonna stay.
Speaker 1: Come next. I have the Bengals taking Brian Branch. They lost Jesse Bates in free agency. Branches like a versatile defensive back and play safety, can play Nickel. I think he slots right into their defense. I have the Saints taking Elijah Cantsey, and I'm in a situation where I'm like Will McDonald should also be a first round pick. I know Mark has Will McDonald going to the Saints here, but I think they beef up the interior of the line defensive line. I don't know who knows. At thirty one, I have the Eagles taking Gibbs.
Speaker 3: Project total confidence at all times. One on one, nobody.
Speaker 1: Both Eagles gibs, but I have them staying put and taking him at thirty one. And then finally with the Lions trade back from the with the Chiefs, they trade back from eighteen to thirty two and land cornerback Emmanuel Forbes a playmaker. Everyone's connecting Devon Witherspoon to the Lions at pick six, but if they get Jalen Carter there instead, they're likely going corner with their next pick.
Speaker 2: That's that's my guy at six one sixty five. Let's promote body diversity. Let's expand our mind of what type of bodies are going to play.
Speaker 3: In the NFL and the events a tie after round one, the tiebreaker would be the first pick of round two, and that would be for you justin.
Speaker 1: Uh, the Cardinals pick there? I know that's the Steelers, the Steelers from the Steelers. Oh yeah, the Bears, the steel.
Speaker 3: We'll get back to you on that. Think about it, Mark that you have something else to share.
Speaker 4: I have seven sports locks, and I did this sort of to tie up some loose ends, especially around the Titans. Because to your point, and I agree with you one hundred percent. I think if they go get the quarterback, Ryan Tannehill is traded to the Falcons. So that's my sports lock number one. The second sports lock is that dere Henry locks.
Speaker 3: Let's lock it up.
Speaker 4: I mean, can we do a little something for it?
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: Derrick Henry, he's too he's too busy, like spurling down, move the sticks, going to take come out of his ears.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 4: Derrick Henry is traded to the Buffalo Bills. Then you're thinking, well, why would they go do that? Because the Titans turn around and take Zach Charbonnet.
Speaker 2: Okay, running back.
Speaker 4: They're kind of just getting young younger. They're kind of doing the same thing. It's getting younger. I like Phoenix Suns to the NBA Finals. It's my fourth story.
Speaker 2: Okay, Uh, that hasn't shown my great chemistry yet. But you can't question the talent absolutely.
Speaker 3: And you know, they're just in a lot of ways. They're just now getting to build on that chemistry with Durant and Booker and look at Chris Paul, you know, I mean, I'm hoping he's gonna hit shots.
Speaker 4: Very dangerous.
Speaker 2: What an actor.
Speaker 4: They're just beginning to jell.
Speaker 3: Any other thoughts about their rotation. Beyond those, I think you nailed.
Speaker 4: It, and I think we know we're moving on to the next sports line, which is a fifth guy. Though you know, well, there's time to find that fifth guy. Uh sports lock number five. The Los Angeles Dodgers missed the playoffs. Oh wow, And I just you know, I listened to a lot of AM radio drifting around town. I don't like the feel and the energy that there's a little bit of, you know, they thought they could float into the season with a lesser roster. Not gonna happen this time.
Speaker 3: Sounds like April talk. But okay, yeah, well, no.
Speaker 4: One's gonna remember I said that. Uh sports Lock number six, Lamar Jackson is never seen again by the human eye.
Speaker 3: It's over. How do you spend that, Lamar Army?
Speaker 2: If that happens, that would be disappointing, but also unprecedented. He would be a legend. He would be legendary.
Speaker 3: I mean, he's getting a Netflix special if that happens.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it goes like full on Amelia Earhart all right in industry News.
Speaker 3: I mean, isn't that the greatest personal accolade one can achieve? In the twenty first Century Netflix special after truly just fanishing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it's probably more interesting than playing like another three seasons with the Ravens and not making you know, the AFC title game.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: David Kresh really on the up and up right now?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: In industry news are my final sports lock major lawsuits take down Jimmy Dean sausage.
Speaker 3: Wow, when we were making meat products.
Speaker 4: In the next calendar year that happens?
Speaker 3: Shoot?
Speaker 2: That was it does say sports locks? How does that relate to? I guess Jimmy Dean's like a sports sponsor.
Speaker 4: I saw a Jimmy Dean sausage commercial on NFL Network while preparing this list, so there was a clear and obvious you get.
Speaker 3: That, like one step forward, two steps back, vibe there Greg with Mark after you ate the Big cheeseburger a few weeks back, like go back and eat little wish casting against the Dean industry.
Speaker 2: It's so specific. If you nail this one, I think it tops whatever that Baker for Mayfield nonsense was whatever?
Speaker 4: What was that wasn't nonsense?
Speaker 3: That was? That wasn't it? You nailed it, prophet the back end of that prediction. It was such an absolute disaster, but you got the front end was so profoundly perfect. Even I would not take that.
Speaker 4: And that was done in front of a true live audience.
Speaker 3: Sure was What is this not a true audience that's here for the audience here? You really, guys, you thought this would be easily twenty five minutes shorter, and we thank you.
Speaker 4: Patience.
Speaker 3: Anything else, grav What are your seven sports locks? You need them all right now or we'll we'll take your first pick of the second there.
Speaker 1: Will McDonald, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's good. Dalton Kincaid boom.
Speaker 1: No, that doesn't make sense. The Steelers wouldn't take him.
Speaker 3: Say that trade out to yeah, somebody.
Speaker 1: Somebody trades up for Kinkaids. They're like, wow, he's still on the board.
Speaker 3: It's giants trade into it. They want another title.
Speaker 4: Specific team though.
Speaker 1: Just not somebody somebody like the Bengals.
Speaker 3: It almost doesn't matter if Kinkaid comes off the board and you have Baker, that's a tiebreaker, okay, deal on the way markets happy is if his tie his first pick, he matches the team as well.
Speaker 1: Mike Tomlin did almost like say directly that they're trying to trade the thirty third, thirty second overall pick.
Speaker 2: That's like the number that's one of the number one tropes in sports media. All that Friday, they're like, it's great to be at the top of the second round. You can really not you know, like shut up control the board like shutouts.
Speaker 4: To the time.
Speaker 2: There's no trade shut up.
Speaker 4: They have to talk for like seven straight hours, which we're gonna learn.
Speaker 3: Throughout a team though. Just in case Mark nails it. Yeah, way, why are you you're so.
Speaker 1: Ha already had them trade down in the first round of the extra pick like.
Speaker 3: We well, that's not what his decision was.
Speaker 1: Old McDonald's it no matter what.
Speaker 3: All right, great stuff, great stuff, Mark, justin best of luck, May the best man win. And remember you could track this in real time with us on Thursday the live stream on YouTube. You can find the links on any of our social accounts and follow up.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: That's it. The next time you hear from us, either that live stream or right after the live stream, Yes, our Round one recap podcast as usual. Come into your ears Draft night Thursday. We are not going to be in Kansas City right.
Speaker 2: Here, right here, confirmed, locking it up. I love it all right, let's week
Speaker 3: The NFL Draft Heed the call