Speaker 1: And That's what you Really missed with Jenna.
Speaker 2: And Kevin and iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 3: Welcome to When That's What You Really miss podcast Yest Part two, Brooke Lifton is back because we just we couldn't get enough.
Speaker 2: No, I mean, there's so many questions I wanted to talk about Bohemian Rhapsody. We need to talk about some of the most challenging numbers, some of the best numbers.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: So this is part two with our conversation with Brooke Lifton.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about that second tour, because that second tour was really big and there was no break, and we learned.
Speaker 1: That in two days.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Sure, you guys had had it set for us by the time we got there. We each had somebody who had learned our entire track written in a notebook for us with highlighters and markers, and then taught it to us. But you guys had to do that. You set up an entire like arena tour without any of us there.
Speaker 5: Zach was in Vegas before we finished. We were finished rapped, that's right.
Speaker 3: And I remember staring at you guys like you guys were like, Okay, now we're going to show you what the number is, and then you're going to do it. And all of us with our gurk jaws on the ground, were like half awake, like yeah, but it was the most brilliant plan you'd ever made.
Speaker 5: It, honestly, Like and again, I think that was always just I mean, I'm taking all credit for everything because I'm here, but you know, it was all zach No. But and again, like he taught me everything, he taught me how to. I didn't know what a one liner was when we started the show because I never I was like, what's this. That's still his favorite thing is that I didn't know? And I was like, but as a dancer, you're a treated like an actor, you know, you just get handed in, here's your day to show up. But he was always so ahead of everything. So yeah, we were finishing up. We were down in Long Beach shooting one of our you know whatever they're called regional section or something, you know, and then we had five groups there because we still had like you know, oral intensity and whatever else and everything else that was going on. Oh, we got the names. Those were always our favorite. How about that we had falcons in numbers, like we had a whole number with falcons, like what Ribbons and the dancers had falcons? Sorry, Okay, I just so off track. So we're finishing off and I remember it's like we're on set still talking about stuff because he's now working getting the playlist and getting all that sent up. I then show up in Vegas with him, We bring in the dancers and that's when we had the dance. That's really when a lot of the skeleton crews started to kind of happen that we did this whole skeleton So we had what four guys four girls on that tour, and so we kind of like faked doubled because did every everyone did?
Speaker 2: Did you guys all have people? Because there were twelve of us in the show. I think we each had a person we did?
Speaker 3: Oh mine was Courtney Oh then did yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah we had that. We had more dancers on that one. Yeah, because yeah Hannah Brittany really yeah, there was a lot more. So yeah, we had enough that you guys all did that stuff. Oh and we were ruthless with them because we had to do the whole tour. We actually had I think a week with them in Vegas, so we had a week to put together, which is not very long either like a week to put on a world tour is not.
Speaker 2: I still don't know, Like like we showed up and there's a stage there, there was a set list, were obviously like when did these meetings happen? They're like Liz decided this set and the staging like what how did this hap?
Speaker 5: Can we talk about how? Okay, so let's go back and so as this is all happening, then they're doing this whole tour. I mean this sort of stuff again, these are like these meetings and emails that are happy beforehand. Zach is also doing the Glee Project. Oh yeah, so if you guys though they used to so when we did the pilot, I don't know if you guys also remember we shot like our days off. Weard Monday Tuesday because to get sort of in schools on the weekends more beneficial. So like you we would shoot like let's say Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday Sunday that you have off two days of the week instead of Saturday, you know, weekend. So similar with like Lee project is they need to get into schools, but they because it was reality, they worked six days out of the week and if they needed to get into a high school. They would go in at four in the morning or four in the afternoon and shoot to like four in the morning. So there were times where like I he would just leave me and he's like, Okay, you have the day. But then also I was like you need to you need to stop. He's like, no, I need to get back. And so like he would do like thirty six hour days, crazy amount of days. And it wasn't just like oh, I have to be there and do what you're behind the screen. It's reality and he was alam he was on camera, so you're now sitting there like watching commenting. So there would so now think of the music videos or just think of the A number we would shoot in a hallway. Great, well it was a contest, so let's say it was you know, Kevin, it was your turn. Well, then they would give Jenna the same role to do and we would shoot Kevin doing it like Kevin. Then it would be Jenna. Then everyone would shoot like same portion of the video because it was like think of it as like I don't know what an other show. It's like a top model, you know, like everyone have the same photo shoot, but everyone would have the same music video part and then they would compare them how they did it, so it's not like, oh, they just let everyone do that. Then Zach and Robert are standing there on set going, oh, yeah, I think you know, Kevin did a great job. I don't know, He's really not, like no, So he was literally doing our normal job and commenting I am being on video and doing that at four am in the morning and then coming back and then prepping for like tours. Yeah, like the band deserves like like I don't know, his house painted and gold, like I mean truly what the amount that and things that he did and took on all that responsibility and because Ryan and them wanted it had to come from him. You know. It's like they they wanted him, wanted the costumes from Lou, they wanted you know, the dance from Zach. They wanted the music right away. So it was the amount of shuffling and prepping and all those things. But yeah, to get that, and then that's why we made the I mean we call them the dancer Bibles, is that they needed to know every single track because it was it's like you have to have everything written down. So their playbooks were like what I used to do for all the numbers. So that's why it would be like, here, you show this stuff, but you guys were hilarious because you didn't really even look at your your dancer Bible because you would walk in and basically just like you just need to be shown it. So they had these massive things, but then they also had the entire show their own show, right they needed to know. So that's why it was like, you guys have to have them down pat so because when once they're in, now we can get you guys doing what you're doing.
Speaker 2: I mean, for the record, I did look at my Bible. It was so like, out of respect, at a minimum, I need to read through this entire thing. But we knew it. It was so smart because then we basically had the show up in two days, yeah, which is cool.
Speaker 5: And then that's where so talking about going into production later, now you're talking about season six shooting Glee. You guys are now again all over the place the way shooting and the scenes started getting with so many different storylines and so many different cities, and we never got everybody together. So we really started using the skeleton crew and that that became part of almost like a budget necessity. So we would talk to Kieren and kind of like at the beginning of you know, after we do the episode and be like, Okay, well, how many skeleton do we need or like how many skeleton can we figure out for this number and do certain things like that, because it was just it was almost impossible, and they knew how it worked and knew how well that we could do that, you know, yeah, which was crazy.
Speaker 2: Now at some point it was the season four you became head choreographer.
Speaker 4: The season five five five, maybe maybe the hardest thing ever because that was well, unfortunately it was. It was a really hard summer anyway, because that was you know, we came in and we lost Corey, and we were all devastated. And I would say a week before he passed, I was already in conversations about moving forward and coming.
Speaker 5: In and and then basically those conversations almost like had to come to a halt because it's like, wait, we're worried about We're worried about if I'm coming back and have a contract, you know, like like we just lost our we just lost our heart, you know, and so you know, for me, it was really no choice, Like I wanted to be there. I wanted to keep that going on, Like it's always my feeling. It's like I never want to Zach to go away. You know. Obviously he got a movie and and did you know, just had to go off. But yeah, I felt like that that year was And at the same time, obviously lou was doing so many other works with Ryan, like she would kind of come in and maybe do a little bit of supervision with things. But it was really not like we had different costume designers come in and we had different we had Robert was there, and then we had new set, we had new production like, we just had lots of new and I felt like we got into that first meeting and it was like we were yes. Like I was like, we're going to fail, like and they're looking to us. They're looking to us to fail and not in not in the worst way, but it was the first time. Now I'm in the meeting and I'm sitting there at the production table and they were shooting off notes and I remember so Dante Dealer, I know afterwards, came up to me. It was so impressed because I don't need to look when I write, like I mean, I do. I love to but like I can put on I can put on makeup without looking in the mirror. It's like I know where my eyes are, Like I know what I'm doing. So as Ryan's like giving me these notes, I'm staring at him and I don't look away, and I'm just I'm just writing and I'm just writing and I'm just going on huh and I'm like staring and I was like, I'm not I'm not going to I'm not to look away. And I was like and now I'm like still shooting my pants, like still like going okay, okay. And it was just it was a tough one. I mean we were we were singing and go karts right, and we're dealing with Dalton still, which is you know, where the Warblers were, and like there was just so many mechanics of it and I just kind of like knew we were going to fail. But like at the same time, you know, then you have Robert and who now I'm working with someone new with costs, you would be like, okay, and we need this and we need this and we need like you know, we both again they're trying to support each other to be like hey, we're look at all these new little Fish at the top. Even though we know what we're doing, we're just still now we just have a new title, and it was like, Okay, we got this, Like I know, we got this. So it was it was fun. It was different though that year was really different. Anyway, it was a whole lot. It was a whole lot less of those big numbers. I think one of my favorite numbers was Janet Jackson when we got to do in the Warehouse, like we just back law. I know you guys hated the puppets, but I mean honestly to watch the product, but well yeah, because we did the Fox and and that was also that was like nine songs later, Like it wasn't just oh we settled on it. It was like finally like it was like we're just doing it. It's like okay, poor Paul, like the Paul mccrane one of the like amazing. So that episode alone we had these puppets, we had then the Fox, we had Nat and Jane do a black and white number. We did the Jet like that was all once. That was one episode, so it was like my one of my favorite but to have to choreograph twelve puppets in a room, but can't but can't be seen because they're just twelve hands. And so we had to move, we had to build the furniture and do all these things. And these puppeteers who are now craws like the most talented things because they're making their eyes and fingers and wiggle a movement and dancing and then they have to get up on the piano and this one's laughing at that one, and then having to figure out how to shoot it. I mean, there's some brilliant pictures. There's like this picture like me and Paul and we're staring and we're looking just at like two pupius.
Speaker 6: Like so seriously, so serious and like and again, you guys weren't in that one with Darren in the classroom, but but you feel like you were because it was like your voices and your faces, but it.
Speaker 5: Like that was Actually it feels so successful when you do it, you know. I think that's also part of the stuff, is like you do this stuff and you're like, we did that.
Speaker 2: I mean literally, it's like how to do this and we figured it out right?
Speaker 5: Yeah, because we did all that. We had we had the vocal adrenaline, we had them on silks and different things. We did stilt, we did fire, we did motorcycles. We said, we did water the rain like we did.
Speaker 1: Like tarzan ropes we did.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, oh roar, yes, and tarzan ropes in all of them we put it. We put that same We put that same rope in New York. So like when they were in the apartment loft, we roared in there too, Oh my gosh. Like there was just the the fun and the silly, like that's the whole thing. It was like fun and silly, and it's like what else can we do? Like can we do this? Yes? We can? I mean we can and we will and we want them on go karts, singing in a in a circle, sure, and on I mean, do you remember when we shot at the fair and you guys were in the like roundabout saying.
Speaker 1: Have anything, okay, so much fun.
Speaker 2: But you also people were.
Speaker 5: Well so but you so you have to remember though, well or not remember, but no, but like we have to go and scout that stuff. So like we went to a fair two weeks before.
Speaker 2: That and I was five time.
Speaker 5: That's the same when you're doing when you're doing all this stuff, Oh emotion emotion, emotion, emotion, like that's when we that's when we leave, like we do, or we do those scouts at eight o'clock in the morning and you go and you said, and so like I was up in those things like fifty times, because I I'd be up there and like, look, you guys, we're going to do things like this, and we're going to do things like this, and so you would have to like show and demonstrate or then talk or then when you guys were up there, I mean I remember being like fill me, like come on, like I.
Speaker 2: Did some cheerleader.
Speaker 5: But that's what the That was the fun part too. It's like it is fun to be the cheer later. It's so fun to like, I don't know again, loving what I do, loving to make people dance, and then loving making you guys look good and have fun and you know, the magic and the magic working with camera and working with Andrew and working with Corey. I mean, I don't know if you guys remember, but when April roads and she did when they did home that last number, and so you had to do oh gosh, and so doing nothing. But we had duty and we had Correy on the crane and the so it's so it's worth you know, it's it's like the crew danced with us. So the crew learning how to like take the crane shot and twist it in and roll back and then like moving. And I remember like they filmed and the whole crew stopped and like standing ovation and through clapped for like two minutes because of like what the crew, how the crew was dancing to make that so beautiful on set, like and that that was just so fun. It was so fun playing with everybody and watching everyone dance behind us.
Speaker 3: And Penny and Andrew and like it just felt like everybody was like a part of it.
Speaker 7: Okay, tell us favorite numbers. So some of the amazing favorite We did the rotating room with Matt and Jama.
Speaker 5: So part of also this stuff is that we never we never had any help to do that. So it wasn't till after we did that rotating I mean our reference videos were like dancing on the ceiling like Lionel Ritchie. You know, that was like the same same sort of a box. I think I think Derek wanted Emmy for his rotating room. Like the year after we did our rotating.
Speaker 2: Room, you guys for the Emmys I don't think that they knew like what they were looking at.
Speaker 5: No excuses, no excuses. But they've now finally divided up scripted and reality. So that's that's one big thing. Because when it was Glee, it was just so you think can dance, So everybody was doing duets, which they were beautiful and they're fantastically. You have two professional dancers. It's like if you had dancing with the stories convenient against so you think you dance. It's like if you put the two pros next to the two like it's just different.
Speaker 8: Like you and a billion Emmys, Well that would be fun, but you know, they're just we had a billion more laughs with you guys, which is so much worth it.
Speaker 5: So that one was incredible because and I don't know if you guys remember Sarah who was our second ad, who basically was second ad at thet Lee meant dance department, vast apartment, and scheduling like hers scheduling was was to schedule her schedules. So we had an empty box and we had to design where the furniture was going, and we had to design when it was going to rotate and how it but it was an empty box and so the first thing then it was like, okay, well she's standing there like videotaping, and then it was like do I So she figured out that if she turned with the box and like she would like hold it, we could then see what it would look like being.
Speaker 1: Flat like the way we see it.
Speaker 5: So just that mechanic. We sat on a Saturday, I think for like hours, just sliding, just sliding in a box to the point where then we got home and like you know our phone calls that happened as soon as we got home and Zach's like, I can't stand up, and I'm like and then like my kitchen's falling, my kitchen's falling. All you did was just that you had like the worst vertigo that it was. I literally like you're holding onto the wall and you're like, I'm standing perfectly fine. And we did that for they had that thing in there for a few uh. That was one of the longest numbers we did, like a week or two, because then that they would build furniture and then they would have to like concrete it in and then hang from it. Yeah, and then we'd have to just figure out how to slide and move and like those were some of those numbers where you're like, can we just film it? Like not that it wasn't, but we had so much fun playing and doing it, and like we and really had to dance and create it. And we did that. Like there was a few numbers that Zach and I just would dance all day long, just the two of us, and it was so fun. It just reminded us of like dancing and like we would slow dance and move and I was like, can this can this be our number for some like do you need some random people? Or like even when we did Saturday Night Fever, which was such a like we just had We were such in this like seventies group of like discoing and like all day we would just be dancing and like, oh, we have to now teach it to people, But like that was pretty that was pretty like phenomenal and fun and crazy to like to and play and like I feel like those like creating those and that's and that's part of the whole thing, is like what can't we do? We've done We've done everything. Yeah, I mean there's definitely the least favorites. You know too, you already mentioned it. I mean you mentioned some of them, but like there are times when we didn't have any time, like when we were in the park, when we were in the parking lot and we never got to finish. We just never got to finish and we never got I mean kind of it's like it's done.
Speaker 2: I guess we didn't.
Speaker 5: Like that's just those like that stuff was just hard obviously, like you know when you had songs like the Fox or things like, you know, like this is hard. But I mean, I think I think, honestly, one of my hardests was our first the first time I did like sectionals or regionals with you guys. It was just just me. And when I talked about that season of like season of fail, h, we did not have good.
Speaker 1: Songs that in America and like.
Speaker 5: It was very there was like it was maybe like Boston song, uh.
Speaker 3: More than a feeling America and one other America was a weird choice. It was it was just I haven't found No that's later, that's later.
Speaker 2: That was it.
Speaker 5: I still haven't found what I'm looking for. Maybe it was.
Speaker 1: No season no, no, no, it was definitely season five. Still haven't found.
Speaker 2: Yo in America and more than a feeling.
Speaker 1: More than a feeling, yeah, it's a mess.
Speaker 5: That that made me cry. Like that was like that was like really really hard and literally.
Speaker 2: I really enjoyed doing those, but like we had fun doing it. Yeah, we did, sure, probably.
Speaker 5: Because I didn't give you that many things to do, because like how we couldn't dance. But like that same that same, that same competition, we had the Amazonians and they were all supposed to be six feet tall. So I did hire almost all emails that were at least like six like five nine, five ten, as many like five eleven, and the really sets and the really tall hats, and then I secretly secretly had three guys in the numbers and but no, but at the time, like now, you would have just had the guys in because it would have been totally acceptable and fun. But I had to convince them. I was like I need these guys, and they're like you know, and I'm like, no, these guys dance and heels and they dance and do all this stuff and they're great, and like so we just hid them, and they were just so I could have these like fantastic dancers that would be up in there.
Speaker 1: God, that's so funny.
Speaker 5: But like really hard and really fun. Was like obviously doing Madonna and everyone talks about Vogue and it was like, oh, this is fantastic, but you have to so there's a video like so I'm doing every single like I broke down every single pose for Jane, but you have to remember that a music like that is just an edit. Yes, so they just did they just did their hundred shots and they went this shot, this shot, this shot, this shot shot, but we have to take an edit to make it. So she had to learn a whole dance of edits of so like the impossible, you don't like it was great and fantastic, but it wasn't like, oh, we're learning a dance. That was the one that was the one time that we just took to take, you know, take for take. Ryan wanted to take from take and funny story about that. So one of our dancers, Derek Bullock, his like he was like, this is my dream I've always like would love like what on tour with Madonna. Now you know it's off there dancing and doing it. But it was like, you know, you kind like those are those fun things like oh, not not that I gave him anything. That's like I gave you your first Madonna job, but not your first fake Madonna job. You know, like the people who like fake Brittany, who like eventually then like later go and dance for Brittany and then it's like, oh, we're doing fun stuff here.
Speaker 2: But like that was we had Brittany on for you.
Speaker 5: It was great. She wasn't really around, like again, I was in rehearsal, so like she came, They're like Brittany's on set, and I was like great. I like hey, just like hey, It's like okay, I gotta go back to it, you know, Like it was just that was a big episode. Like that was a big one because we you know, Heather was doing everything, and then we also had kids in those numbers, so like we had kid hours and doing those things. But it was fun because we also was like it was fun Britney stuff. Like it was just like it's fun to kick up the leaves and be like Madonna, you know, do the music video and and you know, I mean, I feel like I've had some pretty amazing iconic jobs like that in the sense of like where I'm still like I'm just still so protective of it, Like I'm still so protective of leave like I don't. I can't if anyone says anything bad about it's like you weren't there. You don't get it, you don't understand, like you be in that circle, criticize what you want, but it's like you don't get how cool it was. Same thing with Brittany, like when everyone talks about her does things, I feel so protective and I like I still want to, like I want to hug her, and I just go like do you want to dance to get like I just want to protect and take care of these people and you know, family, like family, and like leave everybody alone, like just being so judgmental and stop criticize like when people. It also taught me to not criticize things anymore as much too, like when you're like, how did you how do you not have an emmy? How do you not have? Well? I also when I see something else, I go, Okay, well what did they have to go through? Or was that as hard as I've had to do mine? Or wow, I feel congratulations you had seventy five fantastic dancers on that set. That's so great that you had that opportunity. Like I look at it differently as as great congratulate people who get to get everything, because it's a lot harder to work with fifteen people who've never danced in a room before. But also that's the beauty. It's like, have anyone come tell me they can't dance? It's bullshit, right, like every time someone's like I can't dance them, like really.
Speaker 2: Which we had some fan questions and a lot of them were about just that. But I think this is the easiest way to put it, the best way. Someone asked who improved the most as a dancer?
Speaker 5: Oh, improved? Well, it would have to be cored. I mean if we start from yeah, we start from if we start from ground zero, you know?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: But did we? But did we? I mean, do you remember those gold in Main outfits?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Oh my god?
Speaker 5: Do you remember Justin Justin Bieber just trying to just try and get in the hole just yes, in the light.
Speaker 8: Yes, but again, don't you just want to squeeze him like the Swedes.
Speaker 3: And Windy City like shows up with like everywhere you can move your body?
Speaker 5: I see everywhere there? Do you remember though, also in Valerie that we named dance like we had the Andrew Mitchell like we named steps because it was like this we did like the steady canst like we we certainly would make up names and funny things, and like we had all of our inside jokes while we're doing all these dance moves, just that no one else really knew what our secrets were that were going on. Most don't. I don't know, what do you guys think?
Speaker 2: I think answer, Chord's a good one.
Speaker 1: Churt's definitely a good one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I second that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I heard that.
Speaker 5: Soon.
Speaker 2: Sorry.
Speaker 3: Somebody asked how long did it take to come up with the choreography for Paradise by the Dashboard Light and how long did it take for everyone?
Speaker 1: So long?
Speaker 2: It's interesting that has become such a to Like people mentioned Paradise by a Dashboard Light a lot.
Speaker 3: Well, and then Adam Anders was and Tim Davis had both mentioned it on the show talking about how their process for creating the music was twenty four hour twenty four hour cycle for them, So that was crazy.
Speaker 5: It was a that was a hard one. That was one of the that was one of the like we needed to get a couple. I think that's when we had some skeleted.
Speaker 2: I think we did. I think so too.
Speaker 5: I think we did was it was because we couldn't get everybody at this. It was like we would have the guys and then we would have the That one was hard. That one was also hard because I feel like there was also these times where it was like we were getting challenged and we were getting better, and it was like, okay, well we have to we have to be good and like.
Speaker 2: It looked like it.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, because it was like and and part of that was like, well they can do this, like we're going to make that, We're going to make this like you know, yeah, Bohemian Rhapsody, because they're giving us this whole And then that was.
Speaker 2: H is the greatest thing ever.
Speaker 1: I mean, his best in the montage and the whole thing. It's just one of my things.
Speaker 5: The craziest, the hardest, the hardest. Again, that was one of those like I think Zach probably begged fifteen times, like what is our edit? What is our edit? What is our edit? No edit, there's gonna and not even not even what's our edit because again, like you listen to everybody, Andrew Mitchell's like we didn't even have enough film to get it, like you.
Speaker 9: Can't you can even film it on one on one case, and we knew it was going to be intercut with Diana giving a baby, right like our Quinn is giving the baby.
Speaker 5: So it was more of like when are we going to have those? Like when are you gonna go? Because if we could take out thirty seconds of maybe a dance portion would be helpful, but it was like, we don't know, so we did the whole thing. That was the most disastrous number in the sense of that was the only dancer to ever get hit. Again, it was not Andrew's fault, but you know, he told like the story it was, you know, I would give my speech all every single time camera wins. If you were if the camera is behind you, you stop, you turn around and you look. And it was more and it was like an amazing dancer who was just always used to be fulling, full out, It's like, no, you're not full out now that court of thing we lost, So okay, so we built. So that was the first time. We also built this massive sort of different risers because again that was like Zach's like, I don't want to do the same thing. I can't have the same thing. How I can't make a six minute number actually look like anything. If we're just going to be on risers. So we had the center risers and then we had these platforms. Well, the stage that we shot this on didn't have enough. They didn't have a backstage wing. So we had choreographed it that the dancers were going to be going running on and off, and so they'd go have this backstage part, which some like there was no it was a really really small theater. So and that was just to be more creative, like we'd have people exited. Then it'd be like all the guys come on and all the girls like it was just to be so then the dancers had to crawl and so and again, thank goodness, no regulations like that. We didn't have to have railings because nowadays you would have to have a railing on the size frisiers that we had. Even the risers you guys danced on. I don't know if you guys on some of them. Later on, when they got a little taller, we would have like a back one like in black, and we'd have some railings on it. I don't know if you guys remember that stuff. But technically you can't really go above like three feet without having safety railings. So these risers were like about three or four feet, and so then the dancers you can't walk under because you're seen, so some of them would like hand crawl. And Jenny Robinson, who was first, who also went on her first shore, she jammed her fingers running and like so she always she's still like she has a permanent damage from it. I remember she also didn't want to fix it, and she didn't want to stop dancing from crawling. And then we lost Vivian with her head. I mean, shoot, they came, but there's a point where and then we lost another dancer. He was like getting dizzy. We don't really know what happened, and was like I just couldn't make it. So Nick who was like in no parts of this. So Nick Driego was like he was like in the least amount of the dance in the sense of like I wasn't he was in an intersection. All of a sudden he became superher euro dancer. At number one, we would literally like drag a girl on and then as those guys went off, he would have to stay and then do the next section. So like for six minutes he was like like the first half of the day did nothing and then was like cool like the hero Dancer. It was it was insane. It was just insane, and it's vocal adrenaline, so it has to have those lifts and things, which we're always so fun because Zach is the best partner ever and like with his you know, because tumblr cheerlead all that stuff. So he would just we would just flip and throw around and we would make up things or he would see something like insane, like some crazy like contortionist thing that they would do, and he's like, do you think we could do them? Like let's try our version, and like we would make up these corkscrew next things and and and then I think it was why like we were tough on vocal adrenalinsts because we could do it. Yeah, So like we would we would demonstrate it all for them, and then like when they couldn't do it, it's like what's wrong? And like I would jump on the guy or I would like pick up the girl, and they're like, okay, well you're doing this wrong, you know. And so like we could help them get through all that sort of stuff you can.
Speaker 2: We could never do on us on them exactly, yes.
Speaker 5: But then but Dashboard was basically your guys' vocal adrenaline, Like that was we're doing that, you guys, remember, and you guys were dragging each other and doing fun lifts and crawling.
Speaker 3: Before we let you go, after which you will please come back. I'm not doing anything great, We'll pop you in like for like the big regional sessionals, nationals.
Speaker 1: What does the feeling that Well, I knew you were going to.
Speaker 5: Ask you this because you asked everybody this, and it's a hard one. I mean it's like everything everybody's already said is like ditto to it. All right, So it's you know, it's family and it's your heart, and it's like and I know I already said, like I'm so protective of it, like I'm so, but I don't know, like Brad's like it's like your child, you know, like it's just it's such a special space that was like it was just ours, you know, it was like it was just something that was it was just ours. And again, it's like listening to you guys talk on this podcast and like you're sharing so much of the amazingness of it, but I still feel like when I'm listening, I'm like I get it, Like I I get everything that you're saying. I was right there, I reliving it, laughing through it, laughing when you guys are laughing about rehearsals and falling off the things. And when vitamin D was really like Vitamin D like neck, you were psycho, you were psycho number and I just remember me like just stop, like it's okay, I can't, I can't get It's just it was it was so special. I mean, I don't know, it's just it's like it's just a part of my heart. It's just and so unique. Like and and again I think I base everything off of what I do. You know, like I've learned. I learned so much and I take that everywhere I go and I try and bring that atmosphere. And that was what was so fun. Is like when I went to Lucifer and Z was playing playback, so I was like, hit it. Just say the same things, like you're going to be with people, and you know, Brazil Andre was like cleaning the floors and we got there and I was like and he's like, Brooke, what do you need? You need some you need some sprite, and like yeah, we need some spry, you know, because like already need sprite sprite or spit, like what are you going to do? Right? That's but it's you know, it's just it really is. It's just like it's just a piece of my heart. I love it. I love you guys. And I don't know I would I would do it all over again. I think it would be harder because I think we would all be, like.
Speaker 2: It was, we didn't know what we were getting ourselves into now knowing it's yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, but it's like to have but again, to have that opportunity to be doing so much and doing all this and yeah, and I got it was always that the end result was it was just always felt successful, you know, like I feel like you did something and you were just so happy, like we did that, like what we pulled off, We just pulled off. You know, Oh my gosh, it's snowing, or I got to hug Chewbacca, like do you know how like life changing like toast Oh my god. I was actually sitting in the Powerhouse. It was one of those mornings where you like, don't check the one liner, and I'm just like waiting for things to do, and I was like, I wonder, what's happening on set today, and I was like are you And I started running. I ran to set and like they were like he's gone, and it was like like literally start crying like I'm so just well kind of and then like they're like he's maybe checking out at you know, base, and I like run base and I'm like no, And then he was off with Jim doing like a tour and I was like walking over to you know, the water tower, like it was just like so sad, and.
Speaker 10: They're like and this is Brooke, one of our choreographers and me, I was like and then he's like and it's been so great here. I think I'm going to get back into a costume and like and you guys.
Speaker 5: Were filming and you guys didn't know like that Chebacco was going to call it like it was doing the Christmas episode and okay, so like so like I'm like like for the rest of the day like this, and then I was like waiting and then I came and like I was brand and I was like front Rod like came to surprise you guys, and like you guys all got your picture and then they're like we have time for crew and I was the first one up on the stage literally like jumped in three seconds and like hands wrapped around and my hair was like total Chewbacca color at the time because it wasn't because it is now, and I was like, this is this is my home. This is really like ship Like that was so fun Like it was just so fun. It was so funny, like like literally sitting there, it's like me and Zach and Ryan like sitting on the lawn of like the White House, like right, just just chilling right now, like I don't know what's happening. Why are what are we doing here?
Speaker 1: Why are we here?
Speaker 5: What are we here?
Speaker 2: It was like the most severe case of imposter syndrome at every turn, like to these places, yes us, okay.
Speaker 5: You know, and then again it's like just to do it with my best friend, like my absolutely best friend and still is and you know, I tell him every day. I'm like, so you know, when you need an assistant, like stop calling everybody else, Like I don't need to do this stuff by myself, Like I so rather just pick up your pick your papers. Like this is way too like it's just way too fun to do this, Like these jobs are supposed to be fun.
Speaker 2: Yes, they need to be for those long hours.
Speaker 5: They need to.
Speaker 1: Be always be a pair.
Speaker 5: In my end, Yeah, yeah, well the old and I think the only thing that we never did which Glee, which is like we never did talking dialogue and dancing, which I'm kind of happy and thankful because I did my first job where it was a fourteen page dialogue dancing and it was so hard, I mean so hard and different because because think about this, you guys never had to like sting and dance and talk or something, or be at a party and have dancing going around, or be in the You never had to be in the middle of a number and have dialogue, so you've never had a conversation because when you have conversations happen in the middle of dance numbers, all the music goes away, right, and then you have to like dance to a thumper and do all that stuff. So after doing that for another show, and I was thinking about that when coming into here, I was like, thank goodness, we never had to talk and sing at the same time, because that would have been that's a whole other beast. Like we got to just sing and play, you know, and not actually not show. No, we did we did it.
Speaker 2: Yeah did you guys ever?
Speaker 5: We never? Oh no, we did roller skate. You guys didn't roller skate?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we skated?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, we did, Chris ourself. Yeah, I also I also it was horrible roller skating, but in the.
Speaker 3: Chair because I can't roller skate to save my life. Well at least I had your wheelchair to hold on to.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, yeah, but oh we did have to hire dancers to roller skate that also. They were professional. And then we got there and it's like, what that's when you don't lie as you resident special I still give them. I still will because you it's like you're can rollers. And then when it's like no, you're on a stage and you only get twelve feet in each direction, you have to actually be precise and know how to stop and know how to spin. And then like that's that is a different skill than I can roller skate.
Speaker 6: Oh you know?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, put skates on.
Speaker 5: Oh my god. I love you guys so much.
Speaker 2: Thank you for spending so much time with us.
Speaker 5: Seriously, seriously, I'm do this all the time. I will answer any questions whatever. Yeah, we're going to use send me texts when you guys are doing. Yeah, you guys, I know you guys always send text to people when you're doing things, ask me questions. So I'm like, oh, I know that, I know that answer.
Speaker 2: Okay, good, amazing. Love you so much, Thank you so much for doing this.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much to Brooke for spending all of that time with us fools to tell us everything that we didn't know. I mean, wow, I'm truly just so grateful for them. They were, like I feel, it felt like without them, like my limbs would be like yeah, like a separate from my body and like I don't wouldn't know what to say or do because they're just they were truly our champions, our cheerleaders, our our mom or dad, our confidants, our friends.
Speaker 1: So I'm just so grateful to be able to see her again.
Speaker 2: I mean, we talk about us like being good and then losing our sanity and being good and all that. We wouldn't have made it as long as we did in a good place without them. I mean we saw them before the show started shooting, during the show, then on tour, like we were always with them, and just they they build such a great community of dancers with themselves. They make us feel part of that. And it's just all such good, good people that we're all still friends with today, and I'm just so thankful to have them in our lives and that we got to do that experience with them, because I cannot imagine what it would have been like without those personalities.
Speaker 1: Exactly wouldn't have married it.
Speaker 2: No, thank you, Brooke, Thank you Zach who is here inspiras.
Speaker 1: We love you, Zach, And that's what you really missed.
Speaker 2: Bye bye. Thanks for listening and follow us on Instagram at and that's what you really miss pod. Make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. See you next time,