Speaker 1: Back to Summer League to get started. God, that story is crazy. It didn't happen anywhere on property, thankfully for Ward and the Summer League people. But I tell you what, they know all about it. They're aware of it's happenings. So let's talk about the five must teams that you have to watch at Summer League, either on TV or in person if you can so. Number one Portland Trailblazers my number one choice, can't miss team in Vegas.
Speaker 2: It has nothing to do with the Dame Lillard saga.
Speaker 1: I ain't.
Speaker 2: That's not exactly right.
Speaker 1: I has a little to do with the Damian Lillard saga. The main attraction is Damian Lillard's replacement, Scoot Henderson. So we'll call them the Domino. No more Scoot, We're just gonna call them the Domino. So the Domino probably should have been.
Speaker 2: The number two pick in the draft.
Speaker 1: But by some is it really a miracle or is it just the laws of physics? The Charlotte Hornets took the wrong pick in Brandon Miller, and by a miracle, Scoot aka the Domino landed in Portland at three, and here in Vegas. Now we get to see scoot ball out. Why is Scoot so exciting? Why are so many executives and a team.
Speaker 2: Like Draft knit whatever they're called. They called draft Knicks. I think that's what they're called.
Speaker 1: They're saying that he's just maybe a transcendent player that could be even better than.
Speaker 2: Dame, which I don't want to say.
Speaker 1: I haven't said that, but other people have said that he's an elite finisher at the rim. He is an incredible passer, pass first point guard.
Speaker 2: I want to highlight that and redline that.
Speaker 1: Pass first point guard, very unselfish, definitely plays a lot of defense, strong, high wing span, is going to be able to get out into the transition, and he's going to throw lobs on lobs on lobs to shade and sharp, incredible basketball IQ, incredible court vision. He has been made in a lab to run a basketball team. Next to Victor. I think he's the number one player to watch. I think it's gonna be musty every single game that he plays. Well, they shut him down after two games. Probably see you better get into the gym in the first two days. But no, no, the Blazers are not. That's just not the only reason you want to see. Oh, Ryan Rupere out of France. He was a player that a lot of people liked a lot in the draft. He ends up slipping to the second round, but guess what, the Blazers locked him into a multi year contract. Some draft experts thought Ryan Rupert Rupere was probably going to go into the late twenties. So he is a first round talent, very green, very long, very athletic.
Speaker 2: Joe Cronin. Joe Cronin has.
Speaker 1: A tight, long athletic I'm not even gonna go there anyway. Long fast could be a sleeper. So Chris Murray another long, athletic, three point shooting wing twin brother of Keegan Murray, who, by the way, dropped twenty nine points in the California Classic debut.
Speaker 2: I think he shot. I think he had seventy points in two games. I think that's what it was.
Speaker 1: Seventy points in his two games at the California Classic, and then they're like, that's enough.
Speaker 2: We're gonna shut you down.
Speaker 1: Chris is a little thicker than Keegan, still shoots threes at around forty percent, a little slower, but that's why he was late first round and not a lottery pick up. Next is the Detroit Pistons. They are bringing a canon to the night fight at the Summer League because they've got players who were lottery picks last year that are apparently playing. So new coach Monty Williams has sent in the Cavalry. They are trying to win twenty seven games in the regular season this year, and they are trying to absolutely win the chip in Summer League. So they take Oscar Thompson at five. We know he's great, one of the more exciting players in this year's draft. They add first rounder Marcus Sasser as well, which to me doesn't make a lot of sense, but hey, that's not all. They then send the following lottery picks to Summer League as well from last year. Jalen Duran Wow athletic freak killed the Summer League last year. Tons of dunks, rebounds, athleticism, all full display. Jade and Ivy, who sprained his ankle I believe in the first game last year of Summer League, so maybe we're gonna be able to see him in more games than a quarter. And James Wiseman, who feels like he's been in Summer League for the last four years because he has uh so for those keeping drag. That's five top twenty five draft picks on this team. You add in Isaiah Livers, you have added Xavier's Jack Nungee. It's gonna be a very fun team to watch up next. I'm not going to talk about the Wizards because I'm okay on Tristan Vushevich.
Speaker 2: They're gonna be fine.
Speaker 1: I do think Bla Kulabali is somebody to watch, but I need more than one player than I need to see in order for you to be a top team. So that leads me to another team that's normally pretty boring, normally someone that is not a must circle on your calendar type team, and that's the Utah Jazz. The Utah Jazz are actually a must watch this year. I don't know why they figured it out. Taylor Hendricks blend of size, skill, that defensive intensity that a lot of scouts love. He's six', nine he's only nineteen classic three and d. Guy he guarded one through five At Central florida average fifteen a.
Speaker 2: Game and although The Summer league.
Speaker 1: Is going to be the first chance that we get to see how his offensive game works at the next level against.
Speaker 2: WELL nba quote unquote quality.
Speaker 1: Defenses let's be, real there's not going to be a lot of defense being. Played his defense can't be. Questioned then you've Got Kyante, george who is Another jazz first. Rounder six four, guard smooth jump, shot not a great three point, shooter yet he's going to be working on that at summer. LEAGUE i think that's going to. Translate another interesting thing though About Kiante george is that he LOST i think like twenty five from his time At. Baylor he got all the way up to two ten two fifteen At. BAYLOR i guess they wanted him to be a little thicker. There he was one ninety in high. School he's lost all that weight, back and he says he feels, stronger he feels more, athletic more. Bouncy so that's gonna be fun to see how his game translates to the next level as. Well Bryce sensible another player that The Utah jazz have From Ohio. State very polarizing. Prospect some people thought he was the best offensive player in the draft bar. NONE i didn't believe, that but he is an absolute. Bucket his best skill is that basically there's nowhere on the court that he can't score forty one percent from, three forty five percent on catching, shoots eighty three percent free throw, shooter over fifty percent shooter in the mid.
Speaker 2: Range not a great. Passer, shockingly this guy's a.
Speaker 1: BUCKET a lot of buckets don't exactly work on their passing, prowess but, hey it's gonna be fun to watch them as. Well. Uh he hasn't played in any of The California classic, games so this will be their first look At bryce sense of ball.
Speaker 2: At the next.
Speaker 1: Level up next is The Houston, rockets and we know that The Houston rockets are doing, moves although we really don't understand right, now but the youth movement is here in ahe town and now it has a massive booster shot with this year's. Draft you've Got Aman, thompson probably good enough to be a top two three, pick maybe a one pick in some of the past year, drafts and The rockets grab him at.
Speaker 2: Four he's for sure on the short.
Speaker 1: LIST i have no idea what he's gonna look like because we've seen him only an overtime. Elite overtime elite does play AGAINST nba quality CALIBER G league sort of ask, players BUT i have no idea what it's gonna look like at this. Level his shot is, hitchy but he is very. Explosive he's very. Strong he's got incredible BASKETBALL, iq which is going to be a massive skill set for This Houston rockets team that is lacking in. That but, REALLY i want to See Cam. Whitmore why did he slip in the. Draft he was widely considered to be a top five. Pick houston even considered taking him at, four and then it was, like were they injury, concerns were they character with? Flags no one really knows still to this. DAY i do know though That Cam whitmore was doing windmills in his one on zero pre draft workouts THAT i saw On, Twitter SO i don't think his knees or ankles are bad otherwise he's not doing. That BUT i think his game is perfect for THE. Nba if there's nothing wrong with his medicals and there's nothing wrong with his mental THEN i tell you, what he's gonna go crazy in THE. Nba gotta See charlotte up. Next gotta See charlotte because sometimes must SEE tv isn't always. GREAT i tell you, what you spend a little time watching keeping up with The, kardashians and you tell, me if you can turn, away That's Brandon. Miller Brandon miller is gonna be one of those players that everyone is.
Speaker 2: Holding their breath while they.
Speaker 1: WATCH i think he had ten fouls in four quarters of basket ball in The California, classic which isn't exactly saying anything, meaningful but the kid is struggling to get into the, paint struggling to get his own, shot create. Separation it's almost like we could have seen that. Coming not great body. LANGUAGE i think he committed seven thousand and one game eight Turnovers Summer.
Speaker 2: League by the, way it allows ten thousand a.
Speaker 1: Game how he plays At Summer league could potentially affect how he plays in his rookie. Year we saw that With Jabari. Smith never look comfortable In Summer. League never look comfortable until maybe the last third.
Speaker 2: Of THE nba.
Speaker 1: Season once you go down a road with your, mentality once your confidence starts to, slip very tough at a young age to get it, back especially for someone Like Brandon miller who's so. Young The hornets have other players, though that you have to, watch Like Nick. Smith Nick smith was the number one recruit in the country before he got injured At. Arkansas he has a bunch of high, skills, elusive he is, long he can score on all three. Levels gonna be interesting to see how his health, looks whether he's. Bouncy they also have A Mari. Bailey Amari bailey might be the best player in this draft for. Them like he, Might Amari bailey could end up being the Best Charlotte hornet in the twenty twenty three. DRAFT i think there's gonna be a lot of teams that regret drafting. Him he's already balling. Out and then you've Got James, naji who went in the first pick of the second. Round most people Thought naji was the first. Rounder but he's kind of a work in. Progress he's From barcelona In, europe like a lot of euro, guys it's a work in. Progress but you're talking about a seven foot five. Wingspan so that's pretty much all of the information that you. Need if you've seen any tape Of James, nase he can do a lot of things with all eyes On. Miller you gotta Watch charlotte as well as the other.
Speaker 2: Players At Summer. League on The Charlotte hornet