Speaker 1: There is a new GM here in DC. Oh it feels welcome. So we're gonna celebrate that and never gonna hate money. Cowboys hate hate hate. How you don't every want it is to get loud? Podcast presented by a seat geek that is smooth.
Speaker 2: I'm jinx. I love that.
Speaker 1: You Just have some notes here, Sanna writes down and the first thing says, long weekend recap for MLK day.
Speaker 2: Fred chooses peace.
Speaker 3: Yes, I came in, you know, came here because you know what, when I come to work, because I'm a trains talking everybody starts talking trads, Oh, immediately, immediately, like they feel like they gotta get me before I get them. So yesterday I came in. I was unnormally quiet.
Speaker 2: Oh were you?
Speaker 3: I was more like congratulator, you know what I'm saying, Like because Martin Luther king down like you know what, tomorrowm gonna go in and I'm gonna choose peace.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go in.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna let anything they want to say that they've been holding in, Yeah, six months, gone let it out. And boy did they attack me yesterday.
Speaker 2: And you just absorbed that. John Wyatt and thoughtful like doctor k I just I.
Speaker 4: Just took it.
Speaker 3: London Fletcher just jail out to jail out to jail. Logan I mean Logan Polson just jail out to jail. Even the end terms getting on me right. So at the end of the day it was fired. I let them have their day.
Speaker 2: But then today I walked in the.
Speaker 1: Day after and immediately I hear you talking smack him, Maddie like she belongs in the semipro league.
Speaker 2: When it comes to bowling, well, because I'm a bowler, I know you.
Speaker 4: I'm a bowling. I'm seriously thinking about going pro again.
Speaker 3: I think the PBA needs the young star that toss trash, that just brings the masses, because to me, bowling is the ultimate family sport, like it's the sport that you can do with your family. I always enjoyed it, but it's lost a lot of his fire. Is the new sports and the main sports taking.
Speaker 2: Over falling off a lot.
Speaker 4: It's falling off.
Speaker 3: So I need to be the guy to usher it back into prominence. Because you only as good as your players. And the one thing about it, they got great players, but none of them sells themselves.
Speaker 4: None of them sells the game. And this is what I think I could do in the PBA.
Speaker 2: I remember the eighties, you turn on the TV on the weekend, there would.
Speaker 3: Be like bowling everywhere, just everywhere. And it's one of those unique sports similar to golf, where you could take you a good old beer to the head and continue to get batter like this. The thing I really love about this sport, I dig it. I love bowling. It's one of my great pastimes.
Speaker 1: Have you ever honestly looked at saying, you know what, maybe I could compete some tournaments?
Speaker 2: No, because I feel like, what are you serious about it?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Because I played in tournaments even when I was playing football.
Speaker 3: The Bowl Realey was like two three miles away from my house, so I would be the youngster amongst all the older people playing in the tournament. I won many tournaments. I bowled numerous three hundred games. I most definitely think if I took it very serious and I, like any other sport, worked out and bowled every day, I might come in here with a right armide eyes of Zeus.
Speaker 4: And a little lepu.
Speaker 3: But I know this, I can compete with them. It's no doubt in my mind.
Speaker 4: PBA. If you want a real style. I'm sitting right here.
Speaker 1: Well, it looks like this team has a real star in the general manager. And then this guy came in immediately. We know about his resume, but he also came in and I thought he was.
Speaker 2: Very, very demonstrative in what he is looking for.
Speaker 1: And I love that he said, I'm not looking for an offensive guy or defensive I'm looking for a leader.
Speaker 3: You know what, Thank lord, we are through paying the loser's tax, all right, thank lord. We we got the pick of the litter, we got the bill of the ball, and it took us weeks. A couple of weeks like this shows the difference in what's going on. And as I said in his pressler yesterday, and watch this good looking stud out to my I said, we'll put these Adam Peters in a movie.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't know leg a question.
Speaker 4: I was like, maybe Chris Pine because he.
Speaker 2: Has you know, he's got a look.
Speaker 4: Ain't got that look about itself.
Speaker 3: So and I love that he a family man, but I also love his background. He's Denver, New England, forty nine ers. He's been with winners and that's all I want. I want somebody been there, done that. He's put teams together. He understands it's about the Jimmy and joes more than the exes and o's. He understands, if you want the coach to make that dinner right, you got to get the groceries right. And here is the grocerymain. He is the guy that's gonna find the players. And like he said, I got what they call a clean slate protocol. I literally got half a roster I got to fill out. I got numerous draft picks, and I got ninety million dollar cap space. How bathered can you put make a team in your identity? Like that's how you do it. And usually take gms three years because they need to cycle out certain things. This is a day one reveal, like he said, this ain't a reveal. This just re establishing stuff. So I love the way he used, I love the way he looks at things, and I can't wait to see him get the work. But I know, like most people, the gym can only do so much. And I love that this franchise got their man. Yeah got it.
Speaker 2: This isn't like being a prim and saying, well this person turned me down this first, I guess.
Speaker 1: No, this was the one. This was this was the person, the GM that this organization wanted.
Speaker 4: And I love the fact that he wanted us.
Speaker 3: Yes, and this the whole thing, like he said, sleeping giants, everything's here, it's hashtagged back to prominence.
Speaker 4: At the end of the day.
Speaker 3: He understands the history of this franchise and we don went through so many changes all right to the point.
Speaker 4: Where some people don't even recognize the brand anymore.
Speaker 3: So now it's it's by time we take all of that garbage to say, just watch us play football. And that's what I think everybody in the area wants to get back to. Everybody period wants to get back to. And you have to take these baby steps. Well that was the first step. Now let's see him go to work and see who he finds out to be out head coach. Now that'll be his first job that he has to get done.
Speaker 1: How important is it when you hire a general manager or someone in a man position, particularly talk about this franchise who understands the complete history.
Speaker 2: I'm not talking about the last.
Speaker 3: Twenty years about And this is a football guy.
Speaker 4: This is a guy that know the history of football.
Speaker 3: This is a guy ha been there, Like he said, were talking about a team in the NFC East. Were talking about a team that's been here. We're talking about the nation's capital. Like, people don't understand the reach of the Washington football team.
Speaker 4: It ain't too many cities in the world.
Speaker 3: Matter of fact, it's not many at all that has kings, queens, princesses and princesses living here in embassies. Like so, where you think these people not watching you and playing attention to you. You they are, They know who you are, what you do, how you do it. So he understands where we're trying to get back to. But not only are we trying to get back there, we're trying to surpass that we see.
Speaker 4: Like a lot of people don't understand if you.
Speaker 3: Was a Patriots fan before the last two years, they were bad.
Speaker 4: What did you have?
Speaker 1: Jicks or Kayam used to own the Remington Shaved Company. They had one Super Bowl appearance. They didn't play you let stadium. They were an awful organization.
Speaker 3: Awful So I'm not now, but not like what about the Golden State Warriors. Twenty years nobody watched the Golden State wars I'm talking about the Chris Webber days. Nobody watched the team. So we've seen franchises flip. We've seen this happen by simply getting the white people in the building, which is not an easy thing. Just because somebody did good in one spot don't guarantee they're gonna do good in another spot.
Speaker 4: But this was the first step back to prominence.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I And also when you're talking about I know some people say, well the Golden State words had a couple good years.
Speaker 2: We're not talking about a couple of good years.
Speaker 1: No. No, we're not talking about a couple of good years for the Patriots back in itdious. We're talking about championship football or championship franchise.
Speaker 3: We're talking about the legacy the Pittsburgh still has had, right, We're talking about the legacy the Green Bay Packers have. How lucky these guys to get three back to back stars. Basically, Joorne Love is looking like a star. They got two Hall of Famers and now they're going to joint Love. That's structural. We understand how we do things that we're going to continue to do them and cycle them this way. So that's what we won't hear. And if you're in a division with the Philadelphia Eagles, they will not stop coming. Dallas Cowboys will not stop coming. The Giants won't be down forever, all right, So you have to stay on your p's and q's. In his nfcast, what does it mean as.
Speaker 1: A player, because you certainly play in different organizations and you always hear that no matter the sport, that I trust the leadership that we have, and it makes me feel better knowing I'm a part of this organization because of that leadership.
Speaker 4: We live in the nation's capital. President assemble.
Speaker 3: Leadership like that that shows you leadership is everything. If you lead, they will follow. Because guess what, when these players make it to the league, they want to be the best. Don't ever think they don't jinx. All of them want to be Pro Bowlers, all of them want to be a part of a championship team.
Speaker 4: All of them want to leave legacy. But it ain't no guarantee we all will.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because it's so far and in between that a team gets everything right players, head coach, leadership takes them to the Super Bowl, ain't no guarantee they going back to the next year. Look at what happened in Philadelphia. Looked like everything was lined up there was ten and one, but we knew that ten and one was through Gayzy. We knew something was something wasn't right about it. So at the end of the day, once you got good leadership, you had a chance to win each and every game.
Speaker 1: And that's crucial as a player too, when you know someone believes in you.
Speaker 4: I got your back.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. I remember a few years ago. It was a while back now, but.
Speaker 1: I worked at the station and my general manager called me in and said, listen, you might get a little criticism from corporate because they don't quite get you.
Speaker 2: She goes, I think you're great.
Speaker 1: I don't want you to worry about them, And I was like, that's all I need to hear.
Speaker 2: It goes so good.
Speaker 4: Listen, my god, coach Gibbs, was that for me.
Speaker 3: I love how you practice. I love you, love the practice, I love how you play. If anybody got your back, I got you back. So when I was in Minnesota hating it, there, guess who I get on the phone.
Speaker 4: And Kyle Joe Jackson giels coach, I want to come home. Give me ten minutes. I was back in DC and thirty Is that right? That's not gonna love that? It happened.
Speaker 3: So, like you said, once you know somebody got your back, that's forever.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, that's a perfect place to pay some bills. Before we move on and off this, we're gonna.
Speaker 4: Start with Honda.
Speaker 2: You know what, another legend. You know it, guys.
Speaker 1: You gotta feel the power of the CRV Hybrid and the Court Hybrid, Honda's most electrifying vehicles yet. Find adventure one of Honda's rugged SUVs and trucks like.
Speaker 2: The Pilot Trail Sport, Honda's most rugged suv ever.
Speaker 1: Or experienced the thrilling performance of the fund to Drive Honda Civic with an available turbocharged engine. Get power, performance and ruggedness with Honda. Find a Honda purpoct for you.
Speaker 2: See your local Honda dealer today.
Speaker 1: Or how about RTS Recycle Tracks system is transforming the way commercial businesses and communities manage waste and recycling. They combine the power of AI with premium customer service to optimize waste pickups schedules, ensuring timely and efficient collections to keep our neighborhoods cleaner and greener.
Speaker 2: There it is.
Speaker 1: Visit RTS dot com to learn more about how they can help your business manage.
Speaker 2: Waste more responsibly.
Speaker 4: Okay, now we got that out of the way, profession I'm trying.
Speaker 2: Let's clown on these cowboys now.
Speaker 4: That we got that out of the ways.
Speaker 1: Man, First, I don't even know where to start. What is the bigger disappointment? Is it the Cowboys because of the expectations, because of how they do this seemingly every year, or is it the Eagles after a tend to one start?
Speaker 4: You know what jinks?
Speaker 3: As I sit and watch my TV with just the devilish green because I watched the Cowboys fall apart, and I watched the demise, I couldn't help with watch Jerry Jones sit up there and you know, my big house of Dragon fans, and he was up there just following the part like the serious targarian ear fell off.
Speaker 4: I tell my I fell out. You know. I was watching him, the.
Speaker 3: Look on his face of disgust, the look on his face of just.
Speaker 4: Mortally let down and depression.
Speaker 3: I ain't think I should feel so happy to see that from a person, but oh my god, it felt good as a Washington fan because I tell Dallas fans all the time, I got him in my family, y'all, gonna play seven more days than we do. Seven more day that's it. That's it, seven more days than we played. And every time, oh, this is our year. But this year it actually looked like it was the year. It looked like everything was opening up. They was playing a home game, they had a chance to really get this thing going. The only herder they had to get over was the forty nine ers. Like that's what we felt. We felt. I felt afraid. I was like, this team could really afraid. I felt, yeah, that this could be the time for them. Yeah, But then I said, you know what, it's two important things they can't do. They cannot run the ball when they need to, and they cannot stop the run. That's a recipe for disaster in the NFL.
Speaker 4: So I knew it was going to happen. I just didn't know when.
Speaker 3: And as I sit there and watch this game just unfold, its Green Bay the youngest team since nineteen fifty.
Speaker 4: They got beat by some kids. Jordan Love looking like the second coming of Breds.
Speaker 2: And he's been greating the second half of the season.
Speaker 3: Two second half of the season, twenty one touchdown, one interception. The kid is on one right now. He's feeling it very dangerous team. But you know, Dak is my dog brother Mississippi State, but Precious Smith is my dog brothers.
Speaker 2: But this is also my brother brother.
Speaker 4: But I pulled for Dak when he's not playing us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he.
Speaker 4: Just had a MVP season.
Speaker 2: He didn't, he really didn't.
Speaker 3: And for at the end like that, I don't. I don't know what it is with him, Like him and Tony Romo got this thing where the bigger the game, something gonna happen and.
Speaker 4: It's just not gonna work out.
Speaker 2: It's killing Jerry. Listen, here's eighty one.
Speaker 1: I understand thought he was gonna have title laughter tie laughter title.
Speaker 3: So that Jimmy Johnson, I think when he go back and look at everything, he gonna be like, I am my own worst and I got in the way of something that could have been great for a long time. If you keep Jimmy Johnson there, we probably would have had to call coach Gibbs out of retirement early. Wait before we did. So that's his fault. That's Jerry fault. That's the serious targarian's fault. It ain't nobody else but he is. And at the end of the day, I think that was gonna really burn him up. But then it had me assent to myself when a Cowboys gon have a better team than they had this year.
Speaker 1: They've won twelve games three straight seasons and been ousted the first week every season, or at least have not won a conference Star. I believe that's the first time that's ever happening.
Speaker 3: Well, they're not good against teams over five hundred, they're not good against winning team, but they'll beat up on us losers.
Speaker 4: They beat up on us last average forty.
Speaker 2: One points a game at home, whipping up on losing.
Speaker 4: Teams, whipping up on the Texas long Horns. That's what they did.
Speaker 3: Right at the end of the day, when you have to play somebody that's on your level of mono mono, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 4: Then that's how you judge your team, Like right.
Speaker 3: Now, they took away with they the only two players they needed to on the offense, Ceedee Lamb and Dak Prescott.
Speaker 4: So now can you run the ball? No, we can't run the ball. You cannot win the game.
Speaker 3: So no, As I sit back with a devilish grin, I enjoyed every moment of watching the Texans Cowboy fans. They won't answer the phone. They so front runner, my cousin won't answer the phone. Cedric Donaldson want phone?
Speaker 2: You call people immediately after loss like that?
Speaker 3: No, I am calling them at halftime. I am texting them in the third quarter.
Speaker 4: How about them? So hurt man, don't text my phone no more. I'm like some so we ain't friend. We do this when we lose.
Speaker 3: Like but something that the Cowboy fell, Now, I know the NFL was because you know, they got the biggest fan base in the world and just be honh. So I know the NFL would love for it to be Cowboys raves or something, but I'm sorry, it's just not gonna happen.
Speaker 1: Did you see that video of Michael Irvin being interviewed about it. We was sitting at a table and he starts off calm oh. Then he lost it and then he loses it and he's like, you know, and I don't do it.
Speaker 2: But he was like, you know, you have to go out there and you have to you have to know the people that came before you.
Speaker 3: Like we knew the people that came before us, and we put it on the table and like by the end he just walks off and swoh my god, like like like losing.
Speaker 4: He couldn't take it.
Speaker 2: He couldn't take it. How much of this do you now? It's low hanging through, but how much of this do you hold on?
Speaker 4: Mike McCarthy, let me tell you big, Michael.
Speaker 3: Uh I actually put it on a lit on Jerry because he is the facto GM.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Pollard showed you that he could be a good change of pace back. You paid him like a starter. You ran him like a starter. You should have been trading for Derrick Herring. You shouldn't been traded for some power aspect you need it. You was missing that. Mike can only coach you out there. And I just want to be honest. In this generation, Mike has won a super Bowl and he's parendally in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Which people forget.
Speaker 3: He did want to know he won a super Bowl and he's parenially in the playoffs. But I just think, for Mike McCarthy, how many off seasons have we had where it's two to three Hall of Fame coaches available? Never since I've been like, I ain't seen too many coaches of this elk. You got to arguably the best coach of all time with Bill Belichick available, Like, so, if you want to upgrade from a top tier coach to a super top tier coach, this is the year to do it, Pete Carroll, So you got another Hall of Famer over here that's available to just dangling in your face.
Speaker 4: So I can understand what Jerry saying. You know, what is it time for me to move on to Mike?
Speaker 3: Because you ask yourself that, But the first question you have to ask yourself is to who, right? Who am I doing it? If it ain't an upgrade, I'm not doing it? Well, guess what Bill Belichick is an upgrade?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: Is an upgrade. So I think that makes it scary for Mike McCarthy. Also, as I do, as I look at this, the time frame of Mike and Bill actually lines up together. So he wants a Super Bowl and fifteen wins. That's what Bellichick wants. I think it works together.
Speaker 2: What happened to the Eagles?
Speaker 1: I mean they went from a ten to one start and then on all of a sudden, they lose to the Cards, they lose to the Giants, they lose to the Bucks. I think they went one and five down the stretch. Yeah, completely fell apart. Part of that was coordinators. They lost both through offensive defensive cordat during the off season. But they went from a team that looked like they were going back to the Super Bowl and just dropped off them.
Speaker 4: Now, well, first of all, coaching tells you everything.
Speaker 3: Syrianna great coach, but he lost both of his coordinators to head coaching jobs. Both sides of the ball regressed offense, regressed defense. I don't think they showed up to play any defense this shit.
Speaker 2: They didn't tackle anybody in that bucks.
Speaker 3: Came, they listen, so and they tried to change coordinators at the middle of the season on defense. It just and let's not forget super Bowl hangover was our real just because they started off so fast. We were like, ah, they're not having a hangover.
Speaker 4: Yes they are all right.
Speaker 3: So it's a little mixture of everything. But the city of Philadelphia don't like excuses. They beat up these money, beat up Superman, and they beat up Santa claud So they don't really take it easy on anybody. So to say, Siriannie job is at risk, I think there was a little like doing too much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because this guy last year was in the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: AU.
Speaker 3: So coaches don't grow on trees, and they should have saught it by they offense coordinating their defensive coordinator coming up missing and getting upgrading to new jobs. I think that's when they should have figured it out right. Coaching is very serious, and that's why I love what great coaches.
Speaker 4: Do, especially in the Shanahan tree.
Speaker 3: They do a great job of understanding when their coordinators are up for jobs of grooming the next guy so they can keep running the same thing. So and I think this is where Philadelphia fell short.
Speaker 1: I remember reading that too, particularly on the offensive side, that early on the Eagles couldn't get it going because the terminology was so different, different, and so everyone on the fly, even though they had an off season, was still trying to learn everything by hard where they're not thinking about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's the thing about it is to learn new offenses and defenses is to take a step back.
Speaker 4: People don't understand we had to take a step.
Speaker 3: Back to take a step and learning new stuff is like where can I make my plays that because last year I knew where I was gonna make my plays at because I was comfortable with the defense. Now that you got me playing this other defense. It could be similar in ways, but the termin knowledge different. So how I consume it it's different. And I think that slows you down because I always tell people, you think long in football, you think wrong in football. That's just the way it goes. You need to be more of a reactive in football. Like one step to the left. I take a step to the right, like not thinking about taking that step, just taking it.
Speaker 2: Because if you think for I have second, that have second is huge.
Speaker 3: That one tenth of a second, you're beat. And I tell people all the time when we're going through plays, to y'all is moving at a break next speed. To us, it's happening in slow motion, if you know what I mean. Let's just say they hiked the ball. I backpedd the five steps, the receivers trying to get on me. He goes deep as I turn and I looking at the coming For that split seconds we are in slow motion.
Speaker 4: Y'all are watching it in real tie right, I.
Speaker 3: Died the ball go pass my hand, he catches it. I hit the ground, explosion, crowd. It happened in two seconds. Yeah, like it, but to us it felt like forever.
Speaker 1: So how much of that is you always hear this big going from high school to college, college, pros, the speed of the speed of game.
Speaker 2: Do you remember it slowing down for you, particularly when you got the pros.
Speaker 3: Well, the thing about it is, I think I played so much football, Like I.
Speaker 4: Started from my tenth grade year.
Speaker 3: The first time that I even missed the game was when I broke my shoulder in Minnesota. So I played every snap of my career for the years. So the speed I was alreadys ready. That's why college day one started, Pros Day one started. I was ready. I just had so many reps and I had seen so much football. It ain't too much you can show me. A lot of guys need time. They need time to adjust to the speed I had played in SEC. The speed wasn't the problem. It was learning what the NFL is about.
Speaker 4: I looked up on that.
Speaker 3: I had the best teachers you can ask for, Deon Sanders, dal Green and Champ Baby.
Speaker 4: I was fine.
Speaker 3: I had a will of knowledge and I had guys stay out there with me at practice, working like you're gonna have to play, dude. We need you to learn how to do this, this, this, and you have to do it different than you did it in college. So I was blessed with that, But then I feel sorry for a guy like many Forbes didn't have that. He didn't have what I had, that cushion to help you out. He didn't have protectors. Like It's like I always say this, if I would have got into a bad situation in my rookie year where let's just say I'm over here with Randy Moss and Randy is working me, Darren Green and Champ would not let that happen. They'd been like, hey, you going over there, I mean, go on the other side of the right. I'm gonna take I'm gonna take him protectors. I had that with Johnny U Banks. I leave out a game against Chicago. They storing to throw balls at it. I'm hurt. I wasn't out the locker room because I'm watching the game. I'm like, I'm not gonna let this happen because I know my presence alone, they'll stop throwing the ball as much as that. So I just think the league teaches you how to treat people, and I was more of a protector.
Speaker 2: Hey, those bills, let's talk about the playoffs.
Speaker 4: Man, I'm gonna pay those bills.
Speaker 3: Get Loud podcast is brought to you by Bet three sixty five, the official sports betting partner of the Washington Commanders. Bet on a range NFL markets with the Bet three six five app, craft your own personalized bet slippers and parlays excess thousands of game with live screaming. Place your bet, doing the match, or doing the game. It's up to you. Download Bet three six app today. Join eighty million members worldwide. A twenty one plus only must be physically located in Virginia. Gambling problem called texts one eight hundred gambler. All right, m w A Hey, we don't travel to escape life. We travel so life don't escape us. We dream of any place, anywhere in the world, and in the blink of our we're there. That's the wonder flight. All you have to do is decide where to Dulles International Airport. Let your imagination, sword book your adventure today at flight dullis dot com. Slash NonStop Professionals.
Speaker 1: Paid Playoff Time YEP Packers Niners Kyle Shanahan said he started prepping his team during the second quarter of the Cowboys Packers Getting ready.
Speaker 3: I saw the back If you saw the game I saw, I would have did the same thing sitting that mass text chain out fail us.
Speaker 4: Let's get rid of for green Bay. At the end of the day, that doesn't shock me.
Speaker 3: Coaches are usually preparing for both teams, so if the game would have been tight in the fourth, you would have still been preparing for both teams, and I think it would have been kind of I think the teams are similar in a way, green Bay Packers and the Cowboys, so the game plan don't actually change a lot.
Speaker 4: It's the matchups that change.
Speaker 3: And I think when they look at the green Bay Packers, they love the matchup with the wide receivers in the Coners backs. They do got Jaron Alexander, they got guys, They got some dudes. But I think now he's saying, how can we do what the Cowboys couldn't do? And that's one run the ball? They can Christian McCaffrey aka Devid Sanders. Two can they stop the run? Yes they can. The law Firm of Warn ain't greenlawt They are not to be messed with. So all I'm saying is it's gonna be a game, and I forty nine Ers is actually who I picked to go to the Super Bowl from the NFC, so my picks are still alive.
Speaker 4: I got forty nine ers in the NFC.
Speaker 3: I got the Ravens our Cousins down the boulevard in the.
Speaker 4: AFC, And I think these teams mimic each other.
Speaker 3: Both run the ball, both hard and knows, both great quarterbacks, both great defenses, special team justin Tucker.
Speaker 4: They all got it all.
Speaker 3: So to see this brawl again, and I know the Ravens got the best of them, but at a neutral site it becomes something else. And the second time with a Shanahan is a different.
Speaker 1: Thing elsewhere in the NFC, Lion toaching the Bucks. Did you see the reporter who asked Todd Bowles how he was getting his team ready to play in the elements in Detroit even though they play indoors.
Speaker 3: There's no elements in Detroit there or not now, Detroit looks like Gotham City when you're laying that's the only element you gotta worry about. But other than that, come on, dude, like, come on, reporter, do your whole word.
Speaker 2: It happens to the best of us.
Speaker 1: But even that one is pretty far out there. As an athlete, I could ask you though you've been asked a million questions. Yes, do you remember a question or two where you were like, come on, don't ask me that, or that's not a smartes so hard, like listen all questions reporters asked a dumb after.
Speaker 3: Games because especially when you lose, because when you win, they want to ask you glorified questions. But it's nothing like be there, just fresh out the shower, ship the mic in your face. So fred y'all lost twenty three to twenty in the last catch by Randy on you, it's the.
Speaker 4: Reason what happened.
Speaker 3: Then you just watch what I watched right then you just watch me dive, get beat and lose the game. Now what you really want me to do right now is lose it. That's why you put the mic in my face. That's why you ask me a question when you know I'm mad, not just at my performance, mad in myself that I let my team down.
Speaker 4: And then people be shocked like I can't believe he exploded like that. How unprofessional is this?
Speaker 3: God, dude, if I showed up to your job, why you changing that moti out that that truck and I'd.
Speaker 4: Be like, look at him, look at him. Is he screwed that boat?
Speaker 3: They're so loose right there, this guy, this is not gonna work, Like people don't understand the emotion, and people watching you do your job and watching you fail, and then not only watching you fail, but sticking to mic in your face and say why did you fail? Why did I fail? Because he get paid to right? Why did I fail? Because it just wasn't my day. You ain't ask me this last week when I had two interceptions, right, So it's such an emotional turn.
Speaker 4: And I've always thought.
Speaker 3: The questions are redundant because nobody's ever coming up with new questions.
Speaker 1: Is it never coming to a very I will say, being on the other side to come up with a way to ask a question that a doesn't piss off somebody, Yeah, especially after lost, Like how can I phrase this and also ask something that's a little bit different then.
Speaker 4: What they asked? It's difficult.
Speaker 3: So so I myself prepared myself for these three questions.
Speaker 4: This is only three or four questions you can ask us, like is he the good? Is he the bad?
Speaker 3: And I just you know, I mean a nunch line at a time, I'm sarcastic. That was my way to fight it, and it was my way to protect me from Fred Smooth, Like, do not let your emotions get the best of you, because it's another week of football to be playing next week. I can't lose my cool right here. But I'm telling you we almost we be hot. Yeah, we be hot when y'all asked us right after you realize we ain't even had time to like again, not only do you stick this mike in my face and ask me these redundant questions. I leave there, go home, go to the grocery store, and not sister Prairily asking me in the vestable section what happened today. Let me tell you something, Sister Praily, I don't want to talk about it no more, so you never leave from it. And then I lead a grocery store and go home, turn the TV on.
Speaker 4: Me getting beat again, me getting beat again.
Speaker 3: So I can't even escape it from my house, only to get up and come to work the next day and have to watch the film of me.
Speaker 4: Getting beat again.
Speaker 3: So what I'm saying is you have to be mentally tough to play pro sports. You have to be truly mentally tough, especially now that people that didn't even like sports is getting into it, Like, man, you just really blew it from my fantasy football team.
Speaker 4: I don't care about your fantasy football team.
Speaker 3: So it's just so many reasons it's different. And I can only wonder because Twitter was just getting there when I was playing. Yeah, but I can only wonder as a cornerback looking up your Twitter traade. Oh, thousands of people telling.
Speaker 4: You you trash. That's why I tell them. Players don't consume that.
Speaker 3: And plus don't care about somebody that's not skilled enough to play do your job telling you you stink them couch coaches does nothing.
Speaker 2: People look through that. What was this last year?
Speaker 1: I was critiquing Trey Young on the air from the Hawks right now, Tree Young doesn't follow me, Yeah.
Speaker 2: But I guess he's searched his feed and I will.
Speaker 1: And I talked about, how, look, you never know what this guy is gonna do, right, He could go ice.
Speaker 2: Cold, he could go off.
Speaker 4: You never know, he could turn this up.
Speaker 1: He could And I woke the next morning, is like, Trey Young likes your tweet, but it was me criticizing him.
Speaker 2: He thought, oh, he was just searching for his name. You know, he saw that he read that and some guys use that as motivation.
Speaker 4: Yes, some guys do, but some guys being to it let him into a wheel.
Speaker 2: Last game, I want to ask me.
Speaker 1: I know you like the Ravens obviously, but Chiefs and Bills is interesting.
Speaker 4: No, No, it's finally even ground.
Speaker 2: Because finally Buffalo gets it in Buffalo.
Speaker 3: It's finally even ground with Josh Allen and my guy Patty Mahomes. Now, don't you know this Patty Holmes first roll game ever playoff?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 3: He's never played a road playoff game beside the Super Bowl. I'm going with the Bills, But come on, Cases City just won a game and tim below the weather.
Speaker 2: But also the Dolphins are garbage in the cold.
Speaker 3: First of all, you can't take a board band add article he First of all, Miami is.
Speaker 4: Warm weather. Breakdancers. I read.
Speaker 2: I read before that Chiefs game.
Speaker 3: They were zero to ten in games below for dere yes below forty because they break dancers. You got speed, guys, They are legitly for next team for next teams. Don't do good with physical teams, and they do don't know good in bad weather. You knew what you're gonna think about it. You're a man of the urban sit sprawl, you know the city. You don't see people break dancing.
Speaker 4: In the snow. You don't. It just doesn't.
Speaker 3: So you knew Miami didn't have a chance. But these are two cold weather teams. These are two teams with two dynamic quarterbacks, two good defenses. It's gonna be I think it'll be the best game of the weekend to me, besides the nine or Green Bay game. I think it's gonna be better than people think. But I think the Marquee game, Patty Mahomes, Josh Ally who.
Speaker 2: Bills, I'm going Bills.
Speaker 1: I feel like this is their time and also more than that, it's not so much of the Bills are now remember for the season, Bill's one of the favorites.
Speaker 2: When the super Bowl.
Speaker 1: But also I just feel like this Chiefs team, for the first time at a long time, is actually vulnerable.
Speaker 2: Homes just more just isn't so.
Speaker 4: Listen, I don't know, man, you know, I know the swift is gonna come out.
Speaker 2: He hasn't been as good as in previous years.
Speaker 3: Kelsey has not been himself and maybe putting too much pressure on itself since you know, let me try.
Speaker 4: Can we all want to show out in front of Oh.
Speaker 3: Sure, yeah, wants yeah, but something's off. Something's off right now, you're right with the Kansas City Chiefs.
Speaker 4: But I just never doubted them during this time of the year.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 4: I never doubted Andy Reid team during this time.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, if you're looking at the best head coach quarterback combination in the league.
Speaker 3: Can't see it's it? Can and just why I can't. I can't doubt him. I can't doubt there.
Speaker 1: The Bills have something to prove. This is their time, but they're gonna do it. Now is the time because the Chiefs are a little bit weakened.
Speaker 4: What happens if the Bills win the Super Bowl?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, there're gonna be so many tables set on fire.
Speaker 3: Listen, hey, First of all, who would you rather get their first Super Bowl?
Speaker 4: Okay, the Detroit Lions, the Bills, Bill's Mafia.
Speaker 2: Bill's mafia, man, mafia. I'm going Bill's mafia. You're on Lions.
Speaker 3: I'm going lion for the city of Detroit. Now, that's what I do for the city of Detroit.
Speaker 4: And it ain't like they've even been to a Super Bowl, like at least Buffalo got three in a row. All right, that went there.
Speaker 2: Right, they went there.
Speaker 4: At least they had something to say. You know what, we are here.
Speaker 3: Detroit ain't never had nothing. You know what a super Bowl in Detroit. That's an extra billion dollars of revenue. Yeah, you rebuilding this. Listen, I'm going for the never elvers have I Okay, I'm going Detroit Line.
Speaker 2: Okay, fair enough space and bills. And then I got a couple questions.
Speaker 4: You ask for your rapp all right, all right, all right, all right, guys, come.
Speaker 2: On now, honey, got that adjust my paper? Here, here we go. You guys heard about Honda.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we do hurt about Honda.
Speaker 1: Come on, fel the power of the CRV Hybrid and a Court Hybrid, Honda's most electrific vehicles yet. Find adventure and one of Honda's rugged SUVs and trucks like the Pilot Trail Sport, Honda's most rugged suv ever.
Speaker 2: Or experienced the.
Speaker 1: Thrilling performance of the fun to drive Honda Civic with an available turbo charged engine. If you like to get your room room on, get power, performance and ruggedness with Honda. Find Honda that is perfect for you. See your local Honda dealer today.
Speaker 2: And as you know, the drill seek Geek is.
Speaker 1: The official ticketing partner of the Washington Commanders. The dealer's finalized. They are the newest member of the Commander's family. Get used to the name because they are not going anywhere. If you're buying tickets, selling tickets to Commanders games or any other live event in the DMV seat.
Speaker 2: Geek is the place to do it.
Speaker 1: The new official ticketing partner other Commanders, so Commander's fans can't fan. So you saw the weather in Kansas City. Yeah, you saw the weather in Buffalo. That's snow in Buffalo. That game had to be postponed for like almost twenty eight.
Speaker 2: Hours or something.
Speaker 3: But that ain't bad. Listen to me, I learned from my time in Minnesota. I was gonna ask you my time in the South Pole that that snow means it's warm. Even animals think like that. I know, what do you mean? All right, to snow, it has to be high twenties thirties. Once it stopped snowing, and it cannot precipitate anymore.
Speaker 4: Okay, you're in trouble. Notice Kansas City, what no snow? They were in trouble.
Speaker 3: That's why what you're saying, that's why it was like two degrees there. Now the snow turns to ice. It's no longer south. It's no longer than any day. And I don't know if you heard of black ice, but I have.
Speaker 2: Black ice is no joke. I had a rect on black ice one.
Speaker 4: Listen.
Speaker 3: I didn't even know what it was until I moved to Minnesota, and then everybody was like, watch out for that black ice.
Speaker 4: You know, I didn't hit the black ice. It slid to Wisconsin. Listen to me.
Speaker 3: It's hard to breathe when it gets fifteen ten Buffalo, it was still snowing twenties. I see snow. I see where the clouds. Don't even want to cry snow.
Speaker 4: No more.
Speaker 3: You're in trouble because now it's all about the wheelchair, the wind chill factor. You see why they said it and can't see it felt.
Speaker 4: Like nigga can't.
Speaker 3: I couldn't even fathom, Like jinx, I've been in Green Bay. Tried to laugh in the hudder, started bleeding because my lips just cracking.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: The worst thing could ever happen is a teammate of somebody step on your toe.
Speaker 1: You told me that story, but didn't you say, like this specific story, But didn't you say that like your toades would just pop.
Speaker 3: They just bust like all right, God listen, they just step on and then it'll be your teammate or somebody.
Speaker 4: Just step on it with they cleek and you just hear it. You hear it.
Speaker 3: But luckily it's so cold that it's no. You don't feel now, you don't feel anything but the shower. Oh, I mean they're crying.
Speaker 4: I'm about to that because the shower doing two things.
Speaker 3: It's throwing you out. So we're gonna stay like extra long. But every bruise but it's like blood like. And then then while y'all don't see us bleed much doing the really really cold because the weather is stopping you from bleeding, your body won't even like it's it's it's a very paralyzing feel to it. Like I told you, I was making career decisions one day out here, I was in Green Bay.
Speaker 4: Like you know what, Fred, you could have been anything you want, to be a.
Speaker 3: Lawyer, doctor, change the world, but you chose to be out here in two degrees and tights for entertainment all I'm saying is cold, some cold weather it is not meant to be in all right. That's why you never see Fred smooth clown man ever. You'll see never see.
Speaker 4: Me doing any of that ski down the mountain. No, who's volunteer.
Speaker 2: You're gonna be inside by the fire having a drink.
Speaker 4: Waiting on you to come down off skiing out the mountain.
Speaker 2: I'd been like, Smooth, I'm coming.
Speaker 4: I got some coke, coke for you right in here.
Speaker 3: All it's just it's it's very and you don't know everything you hurt till like the next day. Oh, you don't know, like the pain, your bones are bone chilling cold. It's it's it's very hard. And then you have to be a maniac to go out there and play in it. And most guys in the NFL a maniacs.
Speaker 1: Before we go, I didn't want to get your thoughts on the goat, Nick saban Nikoli, you're an sec guy. If you love college football at all, everyone has a thought on the greatest of all time.
Speaker 3: Stepping away, first of all, thank you, Nick, Yeah, thank you for everything you did with college football. I enjoyed my sparring with you as I lost to you against while he was coaching LSU. He was the only LSU coach to beat me. All right, as I restored Mississippi State's greatness, the things you've done in SEC unbelievable won't be matched. Thank you for your time, but also thank you for leaving. Now it's time for Misippi State to step back up. You have ran the SEC for too long, and I understand why you left.
Speaker 4: Coach. The NIL took away the.
Speaker 3: One side advantage of recruiting that Alabama had. It made it equal for the first time, and that was gonna make it hard for you. And I understand that the transfer porter has made college football basically nothing. All right, So I understand you don't want to deal with the right news ship, but thank you for leaving. But I also thank you for what you're done, because to me, the greatest head coaching you know, I'm a jacket Sheryl disciple.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right. All he talked about was Baron Bryant.
Speaker 3: Well, I got one that's better than bred Bryant, and there's one, Nick Saban.
Speaker 4: Thank you, coach.
Speaker 1: Especially in today's day and age, winning at that rate is unbelieved.
Speaker 4: Unbelievable, and this is why I love you.
Speaker 3: Always hear Alabama players talk about how much they love him. Yeah, so he helped them become a man. And then what Jackie Scherer did for me. He taught me how to be a professional and how to be a man. And I think most people don't understand because when they hear coach, they just think about x's and those actually coaches, our surrogate fathers. That's what Coach Gibbs is for me, you know. So I think Coach Saban did a good job of raising those kids.
Speaker 2: One of the greates, no doubt about it.
Speaker 4: Most that's smoot.
Speaker 2: I'm James, That's gonna do it.
Speaker 1: For the Get Loud podcasts presented about See Gate, we was see next week. The views and opinions expressed by our podcast guests and or hosts are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of the Washington Commanders or any of their representatives.