Speaker 1: Looking for a mortgage bank to help you make your next major mortgage move, whether it's a refi or home purchase, regardless of whether it's your first one or one of many, consider our friends at Stockton Mortgage, but don't just take our word for it. Stockton Mortgage has over seventy thousand five star reviews and counting, just like this review from Joshua, who says this about his experience with Stockton. They were super professional, always answered my questions I had, and streamlined the process. I could not ask for better people to help me and my family get our first house. I feel blessed to be able to go through them. Be like Joshua or the sixty nine nine hundred ninety nine others just like him, and get started with Stockton Mortgage today by going to Stockton dot com and get started. I've even used Stockton Mortgage myself on my own home loan.
Speaker 2: For your home.
Speaker 1: Loan needs, Stockton dot com and click get started. Stockton Mortgage MLS eight two five nine, Equal Housing Lender NMLS, Consumer Access dot Org.
Speaker 3: This is Kentucky Sports Radio presented by his Stockton Mortgage and the Kentucky Office of Highways Safety safe summer driving tour.
Speaker 4: Now here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 5: I'm just getting worked up thinking about these players not being in there, Like you were talking about names and stuff. I mean, Craig East had SEC records for receiving. Yes, Derek Abney had NCAA records for punt returns.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: Max Duffy should be up there. He was a National punter of the Year exactly. No, I'm not he I know he's my friend, but he should if you're gonna, if you're gonna acknowledge, punter is a position. He's the best one we've ever had. Yes, Jared Lorenzen, Andre Woodson.
Speaker 6: Marty Moore still has the record for tackles.
Speaker 5: Marty Moore has the record for tackles. You can't just wait till these people die. I mean, it was a travesty that they waited till Mike Pratt died.
Speaker 2: To put him in the ring of art because he deserved to be up He.
Speaker 5: Deserved to be up there. It was kind of borderline as a player, but close. But then after his years of broadcasting, like that should take it over.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I felt like Melvin Turpin was kind of the same way. He's not up there. And he you know, he's passed away.
Speaker 5: So you wait and you wait and you wait for what you know, Yeah, I mean for why.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't don't have an answer. I don't know why they'd haven't done it in basketball since Tony Dilk what fifteen years ago, whenever it was.
Speaker 5: And it also was a great moment for people to celebrate, yes, to bring these people back to teach kids who these people are, right, to teach younger fans who they are. So like, what is the negative? If you want it? Like, you know, North Carolina does that thing where they won't put you up there unless you're a first team All American or whatever or National Player of the year. That's fine, but that's not our standard. We've got CM's drinking buddies, So okay, maybe you don't take people off, So then let's put people, especially in football.
Speaker 2: Because you're not even like having to hang a banner. It's just a name around the ring.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: I really feel like for basketball and football, one game a year they should dedicate to I'm four somebody at least until we catch up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because when we get to the Cali era, there's gonna be a.
Speaker 1: Lot they have to adjust the rules to get these cow guys in there.
Speaker 5: So Tim, you know, Shannon, we heard Ryan's attempt at the fights on Yeah, Tim sent me this is a two year old and their version of it.
Speaker 2: This is at a Walmart.
Speaker 7: A fight day.
Speaker 2: At your heavy down.
Speaker 8: Fight fight for Like, I you ow that so sticky, that's one what a spy.
Speaker 5: All of that.
Speaker 2: Song that's beautiful, That is beautiful.
Speaker 3: Maybe even this one word the baby destroyed, yes, rock easily easily like destroyed you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe that's.
Speaker 4: What we do. Baby versus Ryan.
Speaker 2: Oh, baby versus Ryan.
Speaker 1: I lost to a sixth grader that one time we did a.
Speaker 5: Yes, there are definitely children who could beat you at Kentucky trivia. The only thing you're really good at is old football. But even then you only got thirteen guys. But like, yeah, we need to do child versus I mean, there was a show, right, the Jeff Foxworthy show.
Speaker 2: Fight Grader.
Speaker 5: I would like to do that with Ryan. I think it would be fun. All right, couple, let's go for a couple of things and we'll go to the phones. John Wall was at the Arkansas Bahamas game yesterday. Some people got upset about that he was at the Bahamas game. When I first saw he was gonna be there, I was like, well, I don't love it, but I understand that's his coach.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 5: But he went all the way to Bahamas. I did, though. I was proud of it. Did you see the two things he did? They called the hogs. He refused, he did not. He is the only one in the crowd not the Hogs. And they did a video in the locker room where they tried to do that viral.
Speaker 2: Suits four from Kentucky.
Speaker 5: And he walks out of the frame when they do it. Does that work for you?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm fine with him making the trip. It's the Bahamas. I can't blame him at all. We knew he'd support cal I got no problem with that. That's his coach. I think he played it just right. He didn't lean all the way into Arkansas being a fan or anything. He was just there to watch basketball. Man's retired and enjoying life.
Speaker 1: He said publicly that that's my coach. But I'm Kentucky through and through, and I think he's always going to be that way.
Speaker 2: I agree, So I'm good with.
Speaker 1: I'm very good with. I'm glad he didn't call the hogs.
Speaker 5: If then called the hogs, I would have been upset the Hogs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he can't do that. He knows that he's just.
Speaker 6: A man watching basketball. Can't blame him. Good weather.
Speaker 5: By the way, I respect that they have a thing calling the hogs, but Shannon and I would hate for that to be our thing.
Speaker 1: Oh d, that's pretty good impersonation.
Speaker 2: What does that even mean? Remember to do it?
Speaker 9: Is that?
Speaker 2: Do you say pig suey to pigs? I mean, this may be surprise you haven't. Don't want to pig for me? They holler like sue sue does that do? But what does that do?
Speaker 1: I don't know. That's just kind of what you do to pigs.
Speaker 2: What do you mean you do it to them? You get them to move, to get But there's it can't be that pigs know that the word suey is to move.
Speaker 1: That's that's they don't use.
Speaker 2: Pigs don't speak English.
Speaker 1: They speak suey.
Speaker 5: No, they speak I remember in school they speak Plain. Yes, they speaking glad.
Speaker 1: That's Mario's clip for the day though, Matt doing the.
Speaker 5: I just it's so dumb. If you had to do that, like now, I will say in the SEC tournament. That can be haunting, yes when they do it, but it's also.
Speaker 2: Dumb, isn't it.
Speaker 6: You just gonna be a fan of pigs. Wanst to be a fan of pigs.
Speaker 3: We get CAATs, cats, cats, cats, all.
Speaker 2: Right, listen, I'm not saying ours is the best.
Speaker 4: No, it's better I think than that.
Speaker 5: By the way, I learned something in this I was reading this fact book for you for UK. Do you know where where we got the name wildcats?
Speaker 6: No, not really, it's from they said we've played like wildcats in like nineteen ten or something.
Speaker 2: Well done, Drew, that's right now.
Speaker 5: We beat Illinois sixty two October ninth, nineteen o nine six in football it was six to two, commanded command Commandant.
Speaker 2: Is that a phrase? Commandant? I guess so.
Speaker 5: Commandant Philip Carbussier was then head of the UK Military Department.
Speaker 2: He told a group of.
Speaker 5: Students in a chapel service that the team did not attend, that the team had fought like wildcats, and it then became the nickname.
Speaker 2: That's a really odd story.
Speaker 5: The team was not there. He went to a group of people at church and said the team fought like wildcats, and somehow it stuck stuck.
Speaker 6: There's a lot of old like a lot of the mascots. Now it's named similar things. Like the local beat writers said they looked like tigers out there today, and then now one hundred years later, they're the Tigers. I think it's just pretty easy to name your team.
Speaker 2: Isn't that weird?
Speaker 6: It's a little weird.
Speaker 3: Billy was looking back through that book yesterday and telling me that there were scores from the eighteen hundreds where it was like three point two to six point four.
Speaker 2: Yes, they used to use decimal.
Speaker 4: How does that work?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm not sure.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure how it worked. But they used to use decimal poice now. One person writes in and says, Matt, I was excited about our media day show. I like everybody, but I have two issues that worry me. I need you to tell me if this should worry you. For our football team, number one, our offensive line said. The hardest workout they do is yoga. I could see that for offensive line, though. It's hard to get those bodies turning the way people do yoga.
Speaker 2: If you do.
Speaker 5: Yoga the right way and it's in the heat, it could be the hardest thing you do.
Speaker 6: I mean like I've yoga's hard. Well, you say it next to Colton Price. Imagine him doing downward dock. That probably is one of the hard things.
Speaker 5: You know, it would be yea And if you want to stay there are studies that say that the two best things you can do through life is build muscle mass and do yoga. I ain't gonna build any muscle mass, so yoga may be the thing. I had a yoga instructor, but then she moved out of her studio and I had me doing it in garage and I didn't get the same zin. So if I could find a yoga instructor that would have me in a yoga vibe, I would like to start again.
Speaker 6: Get back to being a yoga yeah, because I love and it worked.
Speaker 5: I lost weight, I felt better, But I don't want to go to a group class. I want to do it one on one and I can't do it this in a garage, So like I've got to find you have your own little blocks. She had them se get your block, So I don't consider that a negative, do you not?
Speaker 4: At all?
Speaker 1: Okay, people think yoga's easy, try it, do it one time, you'll be sore for days afterwards.
Speaker 5: So one person, uh yeah, yoga girl knows. One person writes all right. So his second thing was that our defensive coordinator buttons the top button on his shirt and it looks like it's choking him today.
Speaker 2: What's tight do that? Have you seen the video?
Speaker 1: I saw it?
Speaker 2: Okay, so.
Speaker 5: He doesn't need it like it. It looked like he was going to strangle himself with that shirt. I don't know the man. I'm thinking he can go one button down right with Mitch. I thought it meant he was like snooty and stuck up. His neck was much thinner than Babon. For this guy, it's like he's going to hurt himself, Like I don't think he could fit a finger in order room between his neck and the defensive bateman.
Speaker 2: Coach. Yeah, just if go look at the video, little snug.
Speaker 1: Look at that little snug.
Speaker 6: My man, start, you're gonna you're gonna suffocate. Worry about him in a game turn red. You gotta let that bull off his veins. Pop that buttons pop is shooting off and hitting. He's gonna shoot off into the air.
Speaker 5: I think there was a character on Beavis and butt head that did that wasn't there that would get angry?
Speaker 6: And his shirt remember that? Do you think it was a tribute to Mitch Barnhart.
Speaker 2: I just think it was.
Speaker 6: It was the first troubling sign of the stet there and Babman's a seems like a fun guy. His quotes are good. He talks about playing an aggressive defense. I didn't expect it of him. I thought he'd have like all his buttons down.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I'd much prefer to have a coach showing a lot of chest hair than the top button.
Speaker 1: Especially if you, like I said, a defensive coach buttons all on, button hair hanging out.
Speaker 2: I'm not worried about the yoga. I am worried about the button symbolism.
Speaker 4: Were buttoned up on defense.
Speaker 5: We're buttoned up. And then he said something like, don't blitz too much. That's like salt, it'll kill it. Whatever makes everything better, but eventually it'll kill you. I just but also, what's gonna kill you if you don't want button that button choking himself.
Speaker 2: Let's go to Andy.
Speaker 10: Go ahead, Andy, Hey, guys, Uh.
Speaker 7: I just wanted to talk about who we should add uh to the last player on the roster. The three names you mentioned I would be totally okay with. I think they'd be a good addition to offensively. But what concerns me as far as position depth is the five position. I mean, if Marino, god forbid, got hurt or he picks up a couple of fowls early in the game, I just don't know that.
Speaker 2: That's an issue. That's definitely an issue there.
Speaker 7: Who's that Mica hand logged and Mica hand locked that played at Florida. He was their best player before they want that won the championship, that the prior year before that, that's the guy that I.
Speaker 5: Mean, I appreciate the call. There are a lot of people that could do it. You got to see a few k Is interested in if they're interested, et cetera. But but I think some of those dudes, like Kohler, if you had to, could be a back a small backup center.
Speaker 2: But no, that's an issue.
Speaker 5: I mean, if Moreno were to get hurt, we're like playing like little giants out there.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 6: If he doesn't get hurt, it's just Frank is in as hell as he needs to be. I mean, Malaca can't play forty minutes.
Speaker 2: There are definitely issues there.
Speaker 5: Bill, Go ahead, Bill, Bill turned down your radio and go.
Speaker 2: All right, turn.
Speaker 5: I just put Bill on hold. That doesn't happen as much anymore in the streaming era, but it does still happen.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, Mark, that's going on that? What's up?
Speaker 11: Hey? Real quick? It's funny you mentioned that about the button, the top button. I was watching the media day. I don't know if I guess it's a big twelve, maybe like a week or so ago, and I noticed two decoordinators. They like to show their picks and have that top button. I don't know if this is something you know.
Speaker 2: There's a lot.
Speaker 4: There are a lot.
Speaker 5: Let me just say that's another trend. And this wasn't so much at UK, although I did see some pictures of will Start.
Speaker 2: There's two.
Speaker 5: There are a lot of nipples being protruded by coaches nowadays.
Speaker 11: Yeah, dudes, words medium shiritan.
Speaker 2: Have you noticed that? Like that's like Ryan, you you pioneered this. I did.
Speaker 1: I was the leader out in front of all this.
Speaker 5: There are people who are just like, I gotta make this shirt as you know it's gonna be like it's cold at all times.
Speaker 6: They're wanting to show off at its showing too much.
Speaker 2: Yes, go ahead, though, Mark, and.
Speaker 11: One more thing yet and again not a fan of calling the hogs at all, but ours cast cast cast is not as wack as it gets off.
Speaker 5: It isn't great, I grant you, but I appreciate the call, but like we maybe we can fix that. It's better than suit who wants to do that? Still, nobody's told me why you do that? Like, why do hogs like when you call a dog, what do you say you're doing?
Speaker 2: Murd dog whistle?
Speaker 1: Yeah, get over here.
Speaker 2: I wonder if animals are everybody like, just speak to me normally? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Why do we say suey to pigs? We don't say it to ca Why does everybody think you have to go? Can't you just be like a dog? We come over here?
Speaker 4: Dog doesn't respond to that, like I mean, I don't look.
Speaker 5: At Drew and hesit in your lap if you would, though, But.
Speaker 6: It's comforting to them. That's how we show them such a good point.
Speaker 5: But we do dogs like that, and dogs may be like, look, I'm a grown dog.
Speaker 6: Well I don't know English. So that they can just feel that comforting noise.
Speaker 5: Summer is winding down and you might be noticing more than just ten lines on your school one in five on your skin. One in five Americans will be diagnosed with skin cancer.
Speaker 2: That's a lot.
Speaker 5: So if you have a new mole, mole that's changing color, of size, or a spot that just won't heal, go get a skin exam. Kentucky's Skin Cancer Center has five convenient locations. Where there are they?
Speaker 2: Pottererly that's the only one we know anymore.
Speaker 1: Owen's Burrow.
Speaker 6: That's two, Bowling Green, Three, Central City, No, No, let's go Glasgow.
Speaker 5: Four. What's five? It's on the border littles Burrough incorrect. Franklin, Kentucky Skin Cancer Center dot com. Schedule your appointment Kentucky Skin Cancer Center, where you're more than just a payment patient your family. We'll be right back. Matt Ryan Drew, cool boys, here a kiss. This is exactly what Bateman needs to do. Just loosen up his buttons. Babe eight five, nine, two, eight twenty.
Speaker 2: What what he needs to do?
Speaker 4: Well, you throw the babe in there.
Speaker 5: You know, you know I don't know him well enough to call him babe. Yeah, all right, you will, We'll get there. Yeah, One person writes on the text machine. Text machine, by the way, a little slow today, but some good comments on it seven seven two seven seven four five two five four. Don't forget about the text machine. It's my way of communicating with you all without having to deal with the garbage of social media. One person writes, uh, Matt, what'd you think about Andy Sheer's comments on Twitter after fancy Farm?
Speaker 2: A little out of character? Do you see what he wrote?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yes, sorry miss fancy farm today, But let me get in on the fun ram Paul apparently said I'd been neutered by my legislature. Rich coming from a guy who's never had a pair of balls, and if he did, they'd be held by Trump.
Speaker 1: Wow, that surprised me. Andy Sheer put that out.
Speaker 4: Sounds like I got to under for president.
Speaker 6: Andy, it's one thing to say, add fancy farm or people know the atmosphere. Sure, you just put it on Twitter, so many people will see that, not even understand what fancy farm.
Speaker 2: I'm so I'm gonna go on record. I don't like this Andy. You. Yeah, I mean Andy, you're not the guy like, you're not that guy.
Speaker 6: You're not that guy.
Speaker 2: Pal, Yeah, you're not that guy. Pal.
Speaker 5: Hit it, You're you're if you're gonna be elected to something nationally, you're gonna be elected because people are like, we just want somebody regular.
Speaker 2: You aren't the.
Speaker 5: Stop paying your balls to Trump. That's not you, you know what I mean. Do you think he's ever cussed?
Speaker 2: No? Yeah, he definitely.
Speaker 3: This is the real Andy that the Andy we've been seeing is like, I don't like that either.
Speaker 2: Be who you be proud of who you sell as a right guy.
Speaker 5: Ryan Leman Like, okay, if Andy, if you're like that, then just be like that. But that's not been who you've been. You have been like vanilla ice cream guy. Don't all of a sudden just come in here like Andrew dice Clay.
Speaker 6: That's why if you're gonna do that, go to fancy farm, do it.
Speaker 5: That's the spirit when you put that on Twitter. I just I read that, and I was like, you're trying to be like Edgy.
Speaker 6: You're not edgy because people will see that not even understand what he's going for, because.
Speaker 5: I just didn't really like It's just I just don't think that. I don't think he can win the Democratic nomination, but to the extent he can, he just needs to be himself. And if he tries to be edgy guy, I just don't think that's gonna work because I don't think that's who he is.
Speaker 1: This just seems so out of character for who he is.
Speaker 5: Like I don't even say that word, you know what I mean? Like I said it reading it. But what do I say when we refer to that on the show? I say cajon because I feel weird saying that because I'm not the guy that walks around going any.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't do that, you know, and you're having a good day, and I feel like it's weird for him to do that.
Speaker 6: It is how often do you see a city governor challenge someone's well, I mean nowadays these people because you know Trump, that's who he is, because people are like, let me show you what.
Speaker 5: I can do, Like stop, don't stop being cool, nobody just go to the target commercial. Yeah, just get up there and go. We can't doing that? Be better? Now, that's what That's who you are, at least to me. Joey, go ahead, Joey.
Speaker 10: Uh Yeah.
Speaker 13: So we've got dark Pope and now we got dark Andy.
Speaker 5: That is dark Andy, like, and I just I don't think there is a dark Andy, Like you know mice Mark grew the beard.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine Andy with the beard? He should do it?
Speaker 13: Yeah, but go ahead it well anyway, So I've got a couple, just a couple of things. Uh, the Keishawn Hoffs Yet he's never made an NCAA tournament in college, so I just don't think he's a right, that's my personal opinion.
Speaker 11: I hope we don't get that kid, but that's just me.
Speaker 13: But if we get beat by Louisville early, how will the mood be set for the rest of the year.
Speaker 5: So the Louisville game, I appreciate, it will depend on what happened in the other games. Right, So like the Louisville game, appreciate the call is in. When is it December twelfth? So we will have already played Kansas at Virginia, at Virginia, Indiana at home. I think the Kansas game is gonna be big. I mean, so take Kansas, Indiana, Virginia. Just take that threesome of games. I think Kentucky fans are gonna want us to go two in one, but that's not a given. None of those games are in rub right, Kansas in New York Indiana's in Indianapolis Virginia is a true road game. I mean you can go oh and three in those games. You can go oh in three and not be a bad team.
Speaker 1: So then that makes that long.
Speaker 2: So then that would make that Louisville game huge crazy. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So my view is we got five so far power games Kansas, Indiana, Virginia, Louisville, North Carolina. I think you gotta go three and two. Yes, for this fan base, you gotta go three and two. And if you go four and one, now we're rowing. But I think you gotta go three and two.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I gotta have a winning record there. Then you can be excited going to the SEC where it starts easy Louisville and you and C are back to back also with no game in between, so I'll be an important week. Regardless of what you do in those first three, you.
Speaker 5: Gotta have a non conference by those games, assuming they don't lose to a terrible team, go three and two. If you go into conference play and you have two losses, then I'm like, all right, maybe we got something going. You go one and four, it'll be ugly around here. It's gonna be ugly.
Speaker 10: Matt, go ahead, Matt, what's up, guys?
Speaker 12: Hey, I just got out of the out of the pond. Been doing a new meditation style called water meditation, and uh, maybe you could try it with your pool. You just float and just block out everything and come your mind and your emotions and everything. But anyways, I got a couple of things real quick, Hurt.
Speaker 2: I've been trying to flow.
Speaker 12: Okay, okay, well, okay, I do one.
Speaker 2: I'll do one.
Speaker 12: Have you ever heard of the Great Cheese Party? The Great Presidential Cheese Party? Matt No, okay. Andrew Jackson was gifted a huge block of cheese and it's set in the hall, in the interest Hall for two years, and it started thinking so bad he started inviting people from the street to come and get it. And it's viralated for two years.
Speaker 9: T J.
Speaker 2: Smith, personal injury attorney, called TJ. He'll make them pay.
Speaker 12: Now.
Speaker 3: More of Kentucky Sports Radio presented by Stockton Mortgage.
Speaker 4: Here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 2: Just this is not I don't come in with this. Andy doesn't sing this song.
Speaker 4: He probably does. He's gonna be and.
Speaker 5: He looks in the mirror and goes, yeah, I just like one person, writes Matt It's about time someone on the dim side did something like this.
Speaker 2: The prudish attitude you have is why we are where we are.
Speaker 5: I'm not a prude, okay we I literally yesterday went on ESPN Radio and on my first day said I've got as much chance of beating up Chris Canty as Stephen A does of being president. And Myron goes, can you wait till after the first day, like you.
Speaker 6: Were talking about which ESPN people you could beat up on your first day?
Speaker 5: First day, I said, I could take everyone but rich Ion or no, I could everyone could beat me up but rich Eyes. I said, I could take rich Ice day one day one say it told so it's not about being prudish. I just say, be who you are. And I just don't think that's who he is. I think a staffer wrote that and.
Speaker 1: This day and age, everyone's to make a hot take, as he was he trying to just make a hot take.
Speaker 7: Try.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but do you agree with that? I mean, Drew, you're you're you're the least prudish of this group. Well, Shannon's a whole other level.
Speaker 5: But there of those of us that are here, do you agree with disagreement?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: No, it just seemed out of character form and not the place, except that's what a fancy farm is. It's expected there. But you know, it's like when you'll tweet something relative to the show or UK and it gets another algorithm. People don't know the context and like, what's this? Yeah, there are people that are going to see that on Twitter. I think he just woke up and chose violence that morning.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know. I would admit here's where I might be slightly prudish. This may seem ridiculous after twelve years of the Trump thing, but I do think the president of the United States should not be like throwing f bombs around and like, maybe I'm the last one left that feels that way, but I still feel like there's like a dignity that you should have that we should get back to. And maybe I'll be the last person on earth that feels that way, but I do.
Speaker 1: I feel that way, and I feel that way.
Speaker 5: You're older than me. That's what I'm worried about. Like, Mario, do you feel like whoever's president should like carry themselves a certain way and not be like saying, hey, you got your wish and you know, okay, But but that I agree that I know.
Speaker 6: That that's becoming less fashionable now well, being presidential, it's like its own term. You know, you're like dignified something.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and now it's like the three stooges in the things people say.
Speaker 1: We hold them to a higher standard.
Speaker 5: I used to like when I was a kid. I don't mean to get off on this, but like Reagan Bush, you know, Clinton was his own thing, but he could still rise to the occasion.
Speaker 2: He had his stuff. But the other Bush Obama, And.
Speaker 5: Now it's like you fart face, but like we can now everybody's doing it like this is what you do apparently, and I just I don't like.
Speaker 1: So do we hold our governor to the same high standard? Well, in my world, yes, yeah I do.
Speaker 4: But what about your mayor? How far down can we go before.
Speaker 2: You can be I like mayors to have a little bit as spice.
Speaker 5: I like, I mean, I like, I like, you know, like the mayor of Morehead that there was two UFC fighters running against each other.
Speaker 6: The mayor should reflect their community. That's a good way for Kentucky mayor. You need, you need to be where you is right, So yes, I'm with you. One person right, All right, this is the relationship question for Matt and Chip. How many dates with a woman before you invite her on an overnight weekend?
Speaker 2: Great question?
Speaker 3: Overnight weekend depends on how well you like her.
Speaker 4: I think let's go in right away.
Speaker 5: Let's let you know overnight weekends. If it ain't the right person.
Speaker 4: Will you find out that that.
Speaker 2: Can be brutal a long weekend and.
Speaker 3: You're better off doing it immediately instead of stringing it along. Five six dates dinner gets experience.
Speaker 5: You're you're going overnight like earn weekend? No, I mean not just to your house? When are you going away where you're trapped with this person for an entire weekend?
Speaker 3: I think a month in you're good like if you're into it for a month, which is probably what would you say?
Speaker 2: Depends on how much you see it. Five Yeah, I think five to six dates is the magical.
Speaker 5: I have gone on trips like third date, and it's been a disaster. I had won in particular, just a disaster, and I couldn't wait to get I found reasons to be somewhere else.
Speaker 1: I feel like you almost have to have an overnight date prior to a weekend trip.
Speaker 5: But it's not the bean overnight, it's the not it's been with them for forty eight straight hours.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 6: Or if they just walk in and blow up the hotel bathroom right there and you're just laying on.
Speaker 4: The bed, you know their comfort level, so you like five or six dates.
Speaker 6: Isn't it fair when when you travel you're you're stuck together, you're getting away for a few minutes.
Speaker 2: You're in it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you gotta be careful about that because I think I think I'm of the belief your first overnight trip like out of town makes or breaks a relationship. When you're it's just you and them, Shannon, you decide is this a person I like or not?
Speaker 3: And she has to be comfortable enough with you to want to go on that too.
Speaker 4: So it also says something about it.
Speaker 2: Be careful when you ask yes. Yeah, yeah, No, it's a good point. Andrew, go ahead, Andrew.
Speaker 14: Two things. So, first of all, I have a well I'm married into a family that's Arkansas fans, and I just get a tremendous amount of secondhand embarrassment hearing calling the Hogs like their second embarrassment.
Speaker 5: Then there's that Yeah, on that point, by the way, it's commandant, I said, commandant commandant.
Speaker 2: I have heard that phrase before, have you.
Speaker 1: It's a position in the military, it's who.
Speaker 5: Runs a base or something like that. And then but no one has told me. I don't think. I think the whole you say, sue the pigs is made up.
Speaker 2: By the way.
Speaker 5: Also, Myron yesterday said that he doesn't think Wilt Chamberlain scored one hundred points video evidence of it. I've seen that theory out there, because he was like, how could there be no video evidence?
Speaker 6: They're they're non believers amongst us.
Speaker 5: Do you think they just collectively everyone agreed to make up that he scored one hundred.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because they expect there should be a ball of his life highlight video from it on YouTube.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, Sorry about that. I didn't mean to cut y'all.
Speaker 14: No, you get the second thing I have, and I'm really interested to get y'all's kind of take on this. Although I do have my own, so thinking about the TBT team, i'd love to hear y'all either starting I deal starting five ideal roster. I certainly have my own, but it's a it's a tough exercise. There's a lot of a lot of interesting.
Speaker 5: There's a there's a variable question, which is I don't know how good a shape.
Speaker 2: A lot of the these guys are in and.
Speaker 14: I did a little research just on who's still playing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I didn't real quick, give me your.
Speaker 14: All right, we'll go, I'll go my starting. I've loved seeing Andrew Harrison Doron Lamb actually is still playing Archie Goodwin, of course, only because his picture looks terrifying. Kyle Wiltscher looks like he could kill somebody.
Speaker 2: Oh really the last.
Speaker 14: Picture I saw, and then I love seeing Willie this year. I also had Josh Harrelson is he's still playing, apparently as a possible center.
Speaker 2: Of Josh Harrelson is still playing. That really surprises me. He is he's got to be what is he like? Thirty seven, thirty eight.
Speaker 14: Thirty he's still playing? And then wow, I saw a couple other interesting ones were like Brandon Knight, James Young, Trey Lyles, guys. We have guys I know are still playing. Just haven't seen TVC. I'm just fascinating to see what Swanny will do.
Speaker 2: I hope, yeah, well, I appreciate Carl.
Speaker 5: I don't know who all is still really good I feel like I see that Derek Willis is named like MVP of his league all the time.
Speaker 6: He just resigned in Serbia, so I feel like maybe Derek Willis would still be good. He feels like a TBT kind of player.
Speaker 2: He does. Archie is a definite.
Speaker 6: You can see Jacob topping because when there's a guy that's more athletic in TBT, it really stands out.
Speaker 2: I bet he's still very athletic.
Speaker 4: We're nagy Kyle Welter.
Speaker 3: Did you know he's got an entire sleeve on his left side?
Speaker 4: Now, Kyle Wilter.
Speaker 5: A tattoo, says yeah, let me see whoa Oh my goodness, Kyle Wilcher does look like a murderer in that picture.
Speaker 2: What what happened to baby face? Kyle?
Speaker 4: He turned into a.
Speaker 5: Where is he? Is he like in Serbia or Croatia? It looks like he's joined one of those gangs over there.
Speaker 4: It doesn't say on here, he's like it was.
Speaker 6: Just recent in Italy because he played against just like he's in Eastern Promises too.
Speaker 2: Look at that.
Speaker 12: Wow.
Speaker 6: From my point guard, I would like to get Lamont Butler. I think being young and recently played college carries a lot of way.
Speaker 2: Like that Andrew Carr. They could use him.
Speaker 6: They tried to get him. They needn't move it back a little bit because the summer League keeps a lot of these guys out, like Antonio Reeves.
Speaker 2: Under an NBA contract.
Speaker 6: He'd be an easy pick if he's not. If he's not, he would go for thirty every.
Speaker 1: Game and get Nate Sistina to come back.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 5: I mean our mind goes to the old, like what's BJ Boston due?
Speaker 2: I bet he's good.
Speaker 6: He's still on an NBA team.
Speaker 2: Oh, he's on an NBA team.
Speaker 6: Okay, But like saying Dorawn, I love Deron. I would much rather see someone that just played two or three years ago than guys.
Speaker 2: What does e J. Montgomery do?
Speaker 6: See? There's one. Let's get him, Trey Lyles. They tried to get him. He's just recently overseas. He was in the NBA a year ago. When's the last time you've thought about e J.
Speaker 2: Montgomery? Weekly?
Speaker 1: You mentioned Davion mints him and Kellen Grady not that far removed from that play.
Speaker 2: Davon Mintz? Could I bet he would ball in this? Yeah? Where's he? No?
Speaker 6: I didn see somewhere.
Speaker 5: If there was a website that covered UK sports, it would be kind of cool just to see where everyone is.
Speaker 6: We could call it where are they now?
Speaker 5: Well, usually we do it like one guy, would you need to just see who all's playing?
Speaker 2: Awhere?
Speaker 6: All right, that's kind of cool question now as they're starting to sign this is signing times internationally.
Speaker 10: Kevin, go ahead, Kevin, Hey, Matt, have you ever seen a sports in or top ten play that also made the Fridays not till top ten was?
Speaker 2: I have not.
Speaker 10: I think today you may see number eight again come Friday. Houston Astros Taylor Trammel hit a ball that he was robbed by. Well, it wasn't going over, but Blue Jays and Miles Straw made a great play, and apparently nobody chose Tremel. It wasn't a home run because he that the play of the the outfit of made number eight today. But he runted the bases like it was a home run. Oh, when he got the home plate, he pointed to the heavens, so you may know he did.
Speaker 2: Oh that's brutal, brutal. I like that one.
Speaker 5: I appreciate. I might have to look that one up that's funny. I'm mad about baseball.
Speaker 1: The Reds just didn't trade anybody.
Speaker 5: They traded Nate Low for like a pack of gum, and then Kep Stevenson, a singer who they're not going to re sign.
Speaker 1: I thought they were for sure gonna trade Towers.
Speaker 5: I kept waiting all day, going, all right, what's good prospect? Are we going to get the Yankees? The Yankees won in Stevenson and we didn't trade. You're just gonna let us deal expire. And yes, I mean maybe it was because he cried and they were like, and that was sweet. Don't get me wrong, but like, the smart thing to do is trade him, and I like him.
Speaker 6: But y'all had that moment. It was the perfect ending, that home run.
Speaker 5: And the problem was we won those last two games and it made him think, oh well, maybe there's a chance.
Speaker 2: A chance, there's no chance.
Speaker 5: Kick back with Cornbread's organic social Sprits, a functional beverage made with adaptogens and no trumpet new tropics for a light lift without hemp or outcohol. Comes for refreshing flavors and a delicious way to relax. It is cornbread hemp, and we got less than one hundred days left to save hemp. Go to cornbreadhamp dot com slash action and learn more before Congress, let's hemp go away, which would be really bad for Kentucky. It's cornbread hemp grown for the good life. We'll take a break. Breat backs Kazar, welcome back, tell you sports radio. I was about to give the ESPN number. I got a ASPN eight five nine two eight twenty two eighty seven. It's good to see most people on the text machine ryans seem to agree with me about the whole decorum thing. Uh, you know, some people don't. But like for somebody writes Ronald Reagan would not walk into the Oval office without a tile. And I don't know that it has to be that strong, but I'd rather it be that than you know, like I love to wear a hoodie in shorts. Yes, but if I I think I hate that fetterman walks around like you're a senator man, you give up your hoodie and shorts at that point, I would.
Speaker 2: You don't want to give it up, that's fine, then don't run. You know? Am I wrong about that?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I'm pro hoodie in shorts. I'm dressed like a slap now, but we do radio. If I were working at the Capitol, I would I would dress up.
Speaker 5: I mean, I asked them before I went on ESPN. I'm like, can I wear my stuff on television? They're like, yes, but if we ever, like, have you on a TV show?
Speaker 2: Maybe not?
Speaker 5: And I would feel stupid if I walked onto the take set of first take in a hoodie.
Speaker 2: But I don't know.
Speaker 5: I mean, the answer to every question can't be well trump well, like if we're always going to just do well they did it, then at some point, like we're just gonna all be rolling around in the dirt.
Speaker 6: We're getting closer and closer to a closer.
Speaker 2: And I don't like it. I mean I don't. I don't like that.
Speaker 1: I think we, like we said, we hold these guys to higher standard, how they look, what they say, what they do on social media, and I think I think our governor probably fits into that.
Speaker 5: I'm not trying to blast him. I mean it was a tweet, but I just.
Speaker 2: Think, like, I don't know, if the staffer did it.
Speaker 5: Then you say, hey, man, don't that's not how First of all, if I was President Shannon or a governor, like I don't think I could have people tweeting on my biof.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean, you tweet it? Would you just would you be on there still?
Speaker 2: Do you think I would still be on there?
Speaker 5: Because I think you need to be on there to communicate with people, But I would not want people writing as me that were not me.
Speaker 4: Would you be arguing with people on there?
Speaker 2: You'd have to take me.
Speaker 4: Because I could see that. You argue like, no, you'd have.
Speaker 2: To take my phone, like Shannon, you would be. I probably have Shannon.
Speaker 5: Shannon would be my body man if you're you know, they have the guy that follows you around.
Speaker 2: And Shane would be like, give me the phone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Matt, that's enough.
Speaker 1: For the day.
Speaker 5: He puts into briefcase with the code yeah, and he was like, no, you can't get it. That's what I would need from uh, from Shannon. Let's go to Matt.
Speaker 9: Go ahead, Matt, Hey, Matt, thanks for taking my call.
Speaker 1: Hey.
Speaker 9: I was at a Reds game a couple of weeks ago and I looked up and you were coming down the aisle. You set like two seats from me. You probably don't remember it, but uh. I looked over at my wife and I said hey, I said, hey, there's it's Matt Jones and and I didn't. I didn't want to call some big scene.
Speaker 5: You can say hello, like people come up and say hello. I'm fine with it. It's a nice it's nice to uh, it's nice to meet people in that environment.
Speaker 2: I'm fine with it.
Speaker 9: Well that that's my question is that, you know, how do you react or you know? Do I know some people I'm gonna come. Yeah, they come run it up and they want to take us selfie.
Speaker 10: And all that.
Speaker 9: But I I know, I'll tell you how you were. Remember me, I told you I'm from Glasgow and here where Judge Pendleton's from.
Speaker 5: Yes, well, actually, most people it's good, nice to have met. You appreciate the call. Most people come who from Glasgow tell me they know no Judge game, Judge game. He knows everybody. No, I don't mind it at all, especially the baseball games. Is kind of relaxing atmosphere as long as you like. If I'm lones you don't interrupt the book.
Speaker 2: Wait till you see.
Speaker 5: We are definitely in book season, taking multiple books. I'm contemplating going tonight. They're playing The A's Shannon. If there ever was a book game.
Speaker 4: It was a rematch of the what nineteen eighty.
Speaker 2: Nine ninety world series?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Red's a's that's uh, that's definitely a book game.
Speaker 6: Have they ever caught you on the big screen reading the book?
Speaker 5: One of the guys that runs the camera for the big screen is a big KSR fan, so he puts me on there quite a bit. I don't think he's ever gotten me with the book. Now he's gotten heads up a goal. Please don't. I don't want to be on Sports Center reading the book. Joe, Go ahead, Joe reading a book called The Hill. It's a novel, very good, okay with me to go ahead.
Speaker 10: It sounds like Drew thinks about e J.
Speaker 15: Montgomery about as much as I'd occasionally think about Sasha K.
Speaker 10: Jones or Marcus Lee.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think about him often.
Speaker 2: What is he doing?
Speaker 6: Does he think about me?
Speaker 15: You know that that's you know how that Stuart Smalling and this is old on Sarah Live. He just steers staring into the mirror and kind of talk. I'd kind of like to hear Drew's, uh, Drew's thoughts on e J. Montgomery, Like what are you thinking about?
Speaker 6: Type of the things we're talking about appreciate Well. My my big thing is that's a guy.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 6: If he had been in the NIL era, would have stayed, stayed around longer, and I think his career would have worked out much better, maybe even made his NBA dream.
Speaker 5: He and Dakari are two of the big examples of that. In ile era, they stay.
Speaker 6: Tody Meeks his last moment was his best, though he had to put back against Florida Can.
Speaker 1: I guess that's my only memory for COVID.
Speaker 6: But instead of leaving and not getting drafted and never sniff in the league, he could have come back two more years and make some good money.
Speaker 5: All right, DraftKings promo code KSR bet five. You can get up to two hundred dollars in bonus bets. Let's do it. It is a novel game tonight in Cincinnati Reds and the A's who you got right?
Speaker 1: I'll pick the Rays means.
Speaker 2: Are not in the game, the Rays Ras are not in the game.
Speaker 1: I'll pick the Reds by. You know, I think you get two chapters in the night.
Speaker 2: The Reds by two chapters.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 2: I like that one.
Speaker 6: Actually, I'll go over nine runs to be different. Also over nine chapters in a book. I'm gonna parlay those over nine runs over nine chapter thinks of long chapters.
Speaker 2: I have a hard time doing Brady Singer versus J. T. Gin.
Speaker 5: Let's go with Brady Singer. Why not, We'll take the reds. Thank you all very much for listening.
Speaker 2: Fun day.
Speaker 5: Join me today this afternoon on the ESPN if you're feeling it otherwise, see you in the morning.
Speaker 2: It's KSR