Speaker 1: Now let's get to my much anticipated appearance on a Gills Arena podcast. To be clear, those aren't my words. This came from the crew who accused me of ducking the show for more than one hundred and thirty eight days. So yesterday I sat down with gilbel Arenas, Kenyan Martin and Rashard mccantz and Nick Young and of course Josiah Johnson for nearly three hours. We talked about several topics, including my running with Lebron James, where everyone seems to have an opinion. Of course, so check this out before I begin my next guest, what.
Speaker 2: Do you make of Lebron infront of you in the aftermath of that situation, I thought.
Speaker 1: It was weak. I thought it was some bullshit. But in the moment, I knew that I was listening to a father. I remember during the time out in the first quarter seeing Bronnie Brownie looked over at me and he had this sad look on his face, and I'm imagining Pop saw that shit you hit him and he couldn't hold it and he rolled up on me.
Speaker 3: Isn't it weak?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 4: Like when you think about it, you know he wasn't ready right as a father, you're still a father to your son. You're still trying to praise them and make them feel like they're worthy of playing basketball, because they can.
Speaker 3: Get discouraged at any moment in time.
Speaker 4: Right, So I'm pretty sure every game he's over.
Speaker 1: The life, you got it. Don't worry about they just go out there and play the game. That's that part of it.
Speaker 4: The NBA part knows he's not ready yet, right, but as the father part him sitting there nervous and shit, you lie, hey, relax, you're gonna go out there and play. At what point when he gets drafted fifty five, do you supposed to sit back and be like, all right, there's nothing to talk about here. He's fifty five. He wasn't seventeen. He wasn't the first rund his drift status actually, let you know what he was.
Speaker 1: All he had to do this, Listen, I got this moment with my son. All right, now it's time to go to the G league and do what you're doing, and.
Speaker 2: Or let the draft happen organically. And if somebody's going to draft, right, let them draft. But you know, no, just that's for ships and giggles, all right, What if somebody at forty four wanted to know, I'm just like for ships and giggle know, I get right? What why forty four wanted to pick him?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Yes, so you're gonna stop, yes.
Speaker 5: Lord, because he wants to play with his kid. He don't want to see his kids. He don't want to see his kid. Yeah, okay, he wants to play on the stor I think. Yeah, that's way different. That's way different.
Speaker 3: And here's why my son could have died.
Speaker 4: Yes, I've been in the league twenty one years, right, so what is going on?
Speaker 3: I've been in the league twenty one years.
Speaker 2: What is Brownie's dream to be in the NBA.
Speaker 4: I've been in the league twenty one years. I missed nineteen to twenty years of his life. You know how we are as parents, We're in, we're out, we're in, we're out.
Speaker 3: My first born.
Speaker 4: With my name almost passed, and you're telling me that I'm gonna keep I'm gonna keep playing this league to miss this Fuck No, this is gonna be the first time in my career where I get three hundred and sixty fucking five days with my son.
Speaker 2: But what is Bronnie's dream? Brannie's dream was to be in the NBA.
Speaker 3: Dream was this.
Speaker 4: I don't give the fuck where I get drafted.
Speaker 2: I just want to hear my name.
Speaker 3: So why dream.
Speaker 2: So therefore, what I'm saying is that was his dread that happened organically. Listen, I told y'all seeing this, motherfucker, I was a bigger wreck on Kj's draft day than he fucking.
Speaker 1: Right, right, for sure, it should be.
Speaker 3: A bigger record.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to stay away from him because I don't want him to fence since this ship, right right. So yeah, I wanted more than he fucking wanted, right, absolutely, But it's his dream and his journey, is what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: With you.
Speaker 2: I'm saying, yes, Gil, Yes, absolutely, hear his name called by for any fucking team, right for.
Speaker 1: Anything, Which means that when we're talking about the Lakers, that's about Lebron, not Bronnie. Bronni wanted to get drafted by any NBA team. He wanted to hear his name. It was Lebron that wanted him as his teammate. For Lebron up here and you know you're up here. He don't give a fuck. The problem is when it comes to the media, God damn it. I'm up here. We all know what happened with me and Lebron. I'm give shit if I never speak to him again in life. And I'm sure he feel the same way. If that man had something going on in acron or Hire with the kids or ow here with the kids. Yo, man, we need Steven a help. What you need. It ain't got nothing to do with us what you need. I don't need to say anymore. That encapsulated everything. I was there for three hours right frame. Tired of talking about it. It is what it is. You know. Everybody knows where I stand now what happened, and that's that. But my nephew was there. He was in the house, and he was out there in La with me, and for a change, he wasn't styling and profiling. He was just there hanging with his uncle, listening intently for a change, and I was very very proud of him for doing that. Actually, like his outfit right now, it looks nice. What's going on, Josh? How you doing? Man?
Speaker 3: Nothing much, just being rich and you know, living life. You got on my shirt today.
Speaker 1: No, this is mine, Josh shirt.
Speaker 6: Listen, it's it's slow down on the creatin and the muscle milk.
Speaker 3: You're busting out of it. That's not your size. But when you talking about my style, that's it's not your size. It's not your.
Speaker 1: Size, but w W is my size.
Speaker 3: It is my show your cuts, and I don't appreciate it.
Speaker 1: It's a sports hill. That's because you're not in the gym. You're too busy looking pretty. You're looking in the mirror all the day going time. I got news for you. If you went to the gym, you would notice there's a lot of mirrors there, so you could look at yourself all the time. You should try it.
Speaker 6: No, I don't want to waste my time. I got any things to do with this body anyway. Looking about the Gilbert Arena, what did you do?
Speaker 1: You would you would hear the whole for the whole damn near three hour interview? What were your thoughts of it? Man?
Speaker 6: I feel like y'all wasted a little bit too much time on that w W E moment. We know nothing was going to happen at that at the Crypto Arena, but I wanted you all to talk about because I watched the show all the time. They're good at you know, are you in the talent versus greatness, because that's where I come in because I don't value all of like the rings and the all NBA teams that y'all vote.
Speaker 3: For and stuff like that. I go with for what I see.
Speaker 6: So I wanted you to go in there, and I wanted all of y'all to put put together like a starting five of players minus the accomplishments, just about how nice a player is. When I say nice, were from New York, so I'm nice at different Stephan Marberry, Kenny Anderson like just nice, not your resume. So if I asked you to give me five, what would it be. We're not talking rings, we're not talking resumes. Just nice five and don't.
Speaker 1: Put it just nice. But when you say just nice, I could I could retort by asking the question, Josh, are you talking one on one? Are you talking five or five team NBA basketball? When you're talking.
Speaker 6: About no, no, no, it comes in the lines of an NBA player. Like I said, when I name nice, I'm talking Kevin Durant, who's not in the goat conversation. But if you want to talk about the nicest players that you've ever seen play, he's in the top five.
Speaker 1: I don't disagree with that. I think that Kevin Durant is maybe the greatest scorer we've ever seen. So he's a professional scorer. He'thing, He's something special to behold. I don't have a problem with that, But.
Speaker 3: You would to put him in your top five resident with his resume.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you a question. Would you put him ahead of Kobe?
Speaker 3: I would they in the top five? Kevin Durant to be.
Speaker 1: My okay, would you put Lebron in the top five? No, you would have put Lebron in the top five.
Speaker 6: I'm doing in position. Kevin Durant is the nicest small forward I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: So you put Kevin Durant ahead of Lebron?
Speaker 3: As far as being nice, Yeah.
Speaker 1: You'd put Kobe Bryant in top five? So who would you? So where would you put Jordan?
Speaker 3: He not he wasn't nice like that.
Speaker 6: It's the resume talking right there, the six for six and stuff like if we've seen him playing in the park, we're picking Kobe. We're not not twenty four Kobe eight, Kobe Athletics still dunking jumpers. I'm not with the Jordan stuff.
Speaker 1: And you know that Josh is nobody that would pick Michael Jordans they saw Michael Jordan. There's nobody that would pick Michael Jordan, that would pick anybody ahead of Michael Jordan. Talk if you saw, if you saw, if you saw Michael Jordan, I've seen him, you would not pick anybody ahead of Michael.
Speaker 3: George's telling me my opinion. This is what I'm talking about with this media stuff. All right, so you got two more. Who's the point?
Speaker 1: Who's your power forward?
Speaker 6: Janni's yeah, I don't want to doing over jump hooks all day.
Speaker 1: I don't so in other words, so, in other words, Yanna's dunking on everybody but struggling to do almost anything else.
Speaker 3: He gets his own shot on a fast break, he'll run it by hisself. He's dunking on you. He used to shoot a little bit. He not even. He don't even.
Speaker 6: He don't even want to shoot no more. I'm Shaquille on nil now I'm wearing number thirty four.
Speaker 1: But you you're taking out rings because Tim Duncan's got five rings. You're just taking out rings. Okay, all right, I'm not mad as I want to want to see you play. I don't want to see jump hooks all right. Where what's Kevin Garnet? Where would he be in that?
Speaker 3: Not better than you? Honest man, He's right, he'd probably be second, okay?
Speaker 1: And your center is who gotta go with?
Speaker 3: Joker? Wow?
Speaker 1: Your kitchen? Yeah, I mean the way he looks in this day and age is the walking triple double. I mean, you know we come from the day's Kareem map dude, jabbar you you take him over Shaq too? Right, that's what you're saying. You know, Chapman is dominant force of my life?
Speaker 3: Would Shack would be second? Kareem? Ain't even.
Speaker 1: Who's your point guard?
Speaker 3: Josh Seth? That was easy, yep?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, all right? What else did you take from the Gilbert Arena's interview?
Speaker 6: It was it was a little lengthy, and I seen, I'm looking at me like they wanted me to come.
Speaker 3: On the stage.
Speaker 6: But I gave y'all y'all moment. I'm like, let me have y'all moment. It was missing me for sure, though, three hours No me, that was crazy. I got some new laws here too, take about it? You got so what some new laws for when we twenty twenty eight? I saw, yeah, we got the money now yeah, laws.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do I have to listen to this?
Speaker 6: I mean you don't have to. Just one is for the women. The des a for the women. Need I need the women to wake up a little bit. So I'm gonna get started. If you're gonna interrupt me, make sure it counts new female lords. I'm trying to fix America. Run relationship at a time. Just how y'all talk when it's the presidency like this? Yeah, if you talk while the game is on, you're getting fond. On Sundays, we're gonna honor something called selective listening, meaning I'm listening a little bit.
Speaker 3: Make it count when you too.
Speaker 1: But I like that one, like that one, I like it. I like that. I like that. Okay, go ahead, go ahead, yo one. That clock is right twice today, every one to the blue moo second.
Speaker 6: Right there, emotional range act. Yeah, appreciate your role. Let me tell you a story. So I had a living situation, right, I had a living situation. The girl cooked. Hold on, the girl cooked. We ate then she like, you know, I'm going to bed now. I'm tell you, oh, you're not gonna do the dishes I cook? Also, were gonna tip it tat all? Right, I'll do the dishes and then we go to bed. Somebody bangs on the door. They play like that in the hood.
Speaker 3: Bangs on the door. Oh my god, somebody's at the door. So I roll over. I'm like, all right, well you let me know who it is. It's your turn. I did the dishes. What I'm saying, we're gonna turn turn.
Speaker 6: Either either appreciates your role or not, we'll be doing here. Last one Privacy Act. You touch my phone, you're going to jail. And I want to know who's wrong. First, get up and sit up at the mic. Because I started. I started a show on YouTube, The Josh Smith Show. Everybody want to know where to find me. They want advice and stuff like that. I am and advisor. You can catch me on YouTube. You too, So I have I have one last question. Though I see your face, you look a little confused.
Speaker 3: I have a question.
Speaker 1: You started a YouTube show without my permission.
Speaker 3: A mission, It's right, you paid for it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So look, one last question, right, So the privacy the Privacy Act.
Speaker 3: I want to know this.
Speaker 6: If a girl goes through my phone finds out that I might have.
Speaker 3: Cheated, who was wrong? First? Yo? Why am I wrong first, because you cheated.
Speaker 6: She violated my privacy and found that I cheated. So who's wrong first?
Speaker 1: But you cheated, but you came before the violation.
Speaker 3: She don't know that you you you.
Speaker 1: Cheat, but you know that you said who what you said? What was first? You know what you did?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: But but I asked you what was first? Who was wrong first? Was she wrong? She didn't know that I did it? She went through my phone first? Knew you knew?
Speaker 6: Okay, So when she was doing little sneaky ninja moves to figure out my code and stuff like that?
Speaker 3: Was that wrong? Was that wrong? With about me being sleep and her checking my breath?
Speaker 1: It's it's it's it's wrong if she can't deal with what she's liable to find out, you know, because what she should do is get rid of your ass.
Speaker 3: Okay, I shouldn't get rid of her but the phone.
Speaker 1: But the point is, but the point is if she elects not to you understand that that you just digging in there and then you messing with your own conscience and your own stress or your own tranquility, you're really messing with it, then that's problematic. But it doesn't absolve you.
Speaker 3: I didn't said that was exalt. I just said who was wrong? First?
Speaker 6: She went through my phone and violated my private See you're always taking up for them, But I see why when you come back to town tired of the split screen stuff.
Speaker 1: You like sitting in my seat. You wouldn't be sitting there if I wasn't there. If I was there, you wouldn't be sitting there, So you should be happy.
Speaker 3: I do, But I do want to go back there, La though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can go next year. Goodbye, Get the hell out of here next week. I got stuff to finish up to show me. Bye. Go just go, just go,