Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: Who's scoring big this NBA season?
Speaker 3: You are with all the new ways to get in on the action that Draft Kings Sportsbook and official sports betting partner of the NBA. From monster Slams to dish in the Rock to cleaning the glass, get behind your favorite player and prop bets you can make Undraftkings home of the NBA player props. Ready to place your first bet? Try betting on something simple like picking how many points your favorite player will have. Go to Draft Kings Sportsbook app and make your pick first time. Here's something special for you. New Draft King customers can bet five dollars and get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets. Instantly take it to the rack with Draft Kings Sportsbook Every point Counts. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use code money Moves that's called money Moves for new customers to get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets when you bet just five bucks only on Draft Kings.
Speaker 2: The crown is yours.
Speaker 4: Scammeling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York, call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and Y four six seven three six nine in Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill casino in resorting, Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, void and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See DKNG dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 3: All right, listen up, taxpayer, is time for what you all really tuned in to. Listen to me for financial advice tax season. Boost Mobile wants to turn your tax refund into six months of saving. When you buy six months on their best unlimited plans, Boosts will give you another six months for free. That's like six times two divided by one. Carry the a really good deal. They told me I should have been a tax accountant. Well would you trust me with your money? Well that's great news because I'm not done yet. Visit boost mobile store doing tax season and enter to win up to ten thousand dollars to double your refund. Or if you're really good at math and money stuff like me, pay off what you still Oh, okay, time to take my financial enviroser hat off and put on my lawyer hat. Requires upfront payment, tax and fees. Extra terms and exclusion apply. Visit boostmobile dot com for full offer terms and sweet details.
Speaker 2: And now I get back to my boring old day job.
Speaker 3: Head over to your nearest boost mobile store and make the most out of your tax refund.
Speaker 2: But Birds the Thunder.
Speaker 3: The Celtics eighteen to one, twelve monster double double for Chet Hondred shave with shape while he's leading into MVP twenty three points for check fifteen rebounds. Shaye, if I'm not mistaken, had thirty three and seven. Yep, No, he had thirty four to seven one steal four rebounds. They got Ballance scored on Joe, they got Lou Dork gave him thirteen, Wallace gave him fourteen. Kim Williams gave him ten. Hartenstein game eleven, Isaiah Joe game eleven. It was a very balanced night the Celtics made a run late in the third quarter to tie this thing up.
Speaker 2: But at the start the fourth they get out to a lead.
Speaker 3: Okay, see does and then I think over the last stretch at one point they outscored him fifteen win on a fifteen four run to.
Speaker 2: Kind of blew the game open.
Speaker 3: Celtics hit a couple of baskets, but they were never able to reattach themselves to the Celtics. But man, okay, see look really good, O Joe. They don't look good, they look great.
Speaker 5: Wait listen, I think this is the preview of the NBA Finals. And could I be wrong? Or do you think I'm right? What you think?
Speaker 2: You could be right? But the Cavaliers are gonna have something to say.
Speaker 3: The problem with the Celtics O show so much of what they do is based on three point shooting. They got a threat because that's their game, that's the game.
Speaker 1: Even if even if it is their game, you can't live and die by the three. You're too talented as a team with players that can do much more than just shoot behind the arc? Why are you limiting the dictor that what happened when everybody has a night off night you thought, you shot thirty six damn threes in the first.
Speaker 3: Half, sixty three for the game. And when you do that, ohoe, you see the difference. Look at the thunder they pressure you. Now they getting to the free throw line. They got to the free throw line twenty three more times. So even though they shoot a great percentage, I think they were like, what twenty five or thirty five or something like that, even though you don't shoot a great percentage unless you miss three quarters of them. The Celtians went to the free throw line twelve times they made ten. The other team went to the file line thirty five times. What if you went to the fire line thirty five times, let's just say you make twenty of them, you already are.
Speaker 2: That's ten more.
Speaker 3: Points from the fire line than the opposing team when it made twenty three.
Speaker 5: So I got a question as a coach.
Speaker 1: As a coach, if you see the three is not working, at what point do you abandon the three? At what point do you abandon three and have somebody run plays. Now, no porzingis in place, so you really can't do much of the paint, but you still have players that can get down there and bang and do other stuff besides shoot behind the arc knowing you're having a off knowing you're having an off night.
Speaker 3: But I can't understand because that's their game plan. It's kind of like why you say, it's like a team that throws the football. You say, why you're throwing the football where you see you're not having success, because that's what they do. Why you're running the football, you see they stopping you, Well, that's what we do.
Speaker 2: The Celtics shoot.
Speaker 3: They take more, not necessarily make more, but they take more three than anybody. And if you look at Lojo, uh JB did not have a great, great game tonight. He did not, No, I mean really with exception, I mean he didn't play good. But give OKC credit. They got tremendous wing defenders. Oh yeah, Caruso didn't even play. But you go look at Isaiah Joe, you look at Loudor, you look at Wiggins, you look at Wallace, you look at Trent Hogan. They can defend. They defended the perimeter and they can defend the pain. Now that Honger is is back and you got you got shade that's given you thirty on the night. And then you got even though Jaylen Williams didn't. He's gonna give you twenty a night. But these other guys are gonna chip in and give you to thirteen to fourteen. They did a now standing job on JV. They contested everything, They made it very difficult. They filed him out. He only had what ten points, uh, and that was late in the ball game, but they filed him out. They filed Derrick White out because they put pressure on you their attack. Now they'll take threes, but they're looking to attack my basket and get you in foul trouble.
Speaker 2: But this is okay. See, they're gonna be tough.
Speaker 3: SGA passed Kevin Durant tonight to become the fastest player in Thunder Supersonic history to reach ten thousand points.
Speaker 5: That's saying something amazing.
Speaker 3: That's saying something, and we know how prolific KD is. It'scoring to basketball. He got one of the highest scoring averages in NBA history, and for him to get the sixty three to get to ten thousand points quicker than KD, that's saying something. He should be very proud of that. The Celtics took sixty three threes tonight. O Joe sixty three, sixty three. And see this is what makes it the ugly game. Do what people be talking about? You taking all the things clank Brent klank boom.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh listen, listen. It's a beautiful thing when they don't fire that.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's a beautiful thing when they're hitting, and obviously it extends the lead and makes it difficult for other teams to come back.
Speaker 5: But when you off, they off.
Speaker 3: This is why you see Celtics get leads and teams track them down because they keep taking threes. They miss it, and now all of a sudden they go down to the other end and other team they might make a few or get layups or get filed, and next thing you know, they're right back into the ball game. So the Celtics can shoot you out of the gym, but they can shoot you back into the gym with all those missed herd rush three. And that's what you have to worry about. The Thunder now have two fourth quarter wins against two wins against Boston SGA. The basketball time doesn't seem like the Celtics can guard it. They can't, and the Celtics got good defenders.
Speaker 2: You look at it. Derek White. They started with holiday on him. You look at JB.
Speaker 3: That man got thirty four and he did it on an efficient night. It wasn't like he was level to twenty eight. I think it was like twelve of twenty or something like that. He didn't he would. I mean Jordan only two guards in NBA history to score a to average at least thirty while shooting fifty percent from the floor. So that tells you what type of shay was a eleven of twenty a level of twenty, oh Joe, But he went to the fire line eleven times. He was telling the left from the fire tip. So he put pressure on you because his handle he three level score. He can get to the paint, he can get to the lane, finished at the rim. He got a mid range game. Now he's added the three. Now he didn't shoot the three ball well tonight. He was one for seven, but he has that in his repertoire. I was watching him warm up tonight and the shot they kind of like seal the game.
Speaker 2: He got to the top of the.
Speaker 3: Key, back down, back down, knife, touch, boom, hit the rim, got both got a great bounds, went in. He worked on that shot pretty much all and I'm just watching him going round and round and shooting that shot.
Speaker 2: But he got his ability.
Speaker 3: He kind of he kind of reminds you the way he could like like a left hand, like a right handed James Harden when James was in his peak and with just you know, Bob, Okay, I'm gonna no, I'm not, I'm going to the rim. Okay, you get a hug up on him and he dragged he d pulled through file.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Wait, but you went to the you went to the game.
Speaker 3: No I was watching it, no hell or not? Okay, No, no, I didn't go to the game. But you just you know what you know, you like if you do go to a game. I kind of like to see the guys warm up, especially when they where they're shooting from, because I think they're anticipating because a lot of guys when they go out around shooting around, they work on the they work on spots, and they you know, so many and it's like, okay, this is kind of where I'm gonna be.
Speaker 2: Let's let's let's get this.
Speaker 3: You see Lebron shooting threes, He go around the horn shooting threes. Okay, he gets to his post up Okay, he gets on the right side, the.
Speaker 2: Man's the ball. Boom. Oh okay, I'm a post up.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm a fake and I'm gonna go up under up and under guys do certain things. So I like to watch to kind of see how the game is gonna play out. And worked on this and you watch Steph Curry. Stephan is one that you watch because you see what he's doing. He's running, getting to a spot, boom, He's doing certain different certain things. But oh, you have to watch it. Okac man boy, the West got their hands full.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, most definitely.
Speaker 2: The West got their handful.
Speaker 3: Lebron has returned to the Los Angeles per medical recommendation as he continues to progress well from strang left growing. The Lakers have two games remaining on their current four game road trip, back to back Thursday night against the Bucks Friday against the Nuggets. O Jo, Yeah, what you're thinking, you think, Lebron? I mean I can see him missing another week.
Speaker 5: You can't play. You can't play with soft tissue injuries.
Speaker 1: Now, no, you cannot play with soft tissue injuries growing hamstring, any soreness with the achilles, any soreness.
Speaker 2: With the nam Ham's quad man doctor.
Speaker 5: You can't play like that. You got to make sure you all the way healed.
Speaker 1: And then when you do come back, you can't come back, not not to play in the game. You gotta start in practice. You gotta start in practice and see how much how much energy you can exert. And if you feel anything tug, you feel anything pull, you feel that little that little pinch, that little catch, Hey that hey, but it's it's such it's such a great feeling. Though, when you have a soft tencher injury like that and you and you see how how how far you could push it and you don't, you don't feel nothing, then you go a little extra, a little extra harder and only and and for the growing area, you really can't put no compression there. You know, the hamstring you get, tight it up, you put the wrap around, keep it tight to keep it warm. The growing area there ain't much you can put there, ain't much you can put there. So i'm i'm, I'm kind of nervous for Lebron, especially at his age, because as you get older, you know, you heal a lot slower. Now, even even as advance as technology is, you hear slower.
Speaker 5: I hope you can get back as fast as pop way.
Speaker 2: I hope it's not.
Speaker 1: I'm sure they have different differ different grades when it comes to growing injury, so I'm hoping it's not that bad. Of hoping is a grade one and not that serious. So hopefully it gets back soon. But I know one thing, but the salt tage injuries, we ain't nothing to play with because it sets you back even further if you come back too soon.
Speaker 3: Yep, I think, yeah, that definitely what happened too. If you come back too soon. The thing is is that trying to push it because normally soft tenser injury is a sudden movement.
Speaker 2: Yep. Now all of a sudden that that thing because you used to being able to go, I just take off.
Speaker 1: WHOA, why you're moving that snow your hands down, get your.
Speaker 5: Attention real quick.
Speaker 2: It does.
Speaker 3: Having dealt with, you know, hamstring injuries and now had an adductor, I had a growing I had a growing injury, and uh man, it wasn't that bad. But what happened was I didn't realize I had a growing injury, but it was coming on. And you know, O Joe, we go away for training camp and you know I'm on the diving board right, you know.
Speaker 2: You know I'm trying to hit me a one and a half. I've hit me a pike. You know what I'm saying. Oh, Joe, I feel like Greg Lugat or something. I'm like, oh, you know, wow? Right man? I woke up the next morning. It was hurt, was it? Well?
Speaker 5: You ain't feeling why you were while you was a couple of going off there.
Speaker 3: I don't feel nothing. I'm in the water. I'm in the water, stroking right right right, lock on. Hey, it wasn't that bad.
Speaker 2: I missed.
Speaker 3: I missed like two three days of practice and I was good to go. But uh nah, don't don't don't. Don't play with them growing, don't play with them growing, don't play with any soft tissue, like you said, because what happens is the sun sddeness the sudden movement that will call it the grab, and then you go. And your thing is that before you know it, you done go on harder than you should have. And the one thing you don't want to do, and I've seen people do it try to ham off the.
Speaker 2: Bone quad a riff of growing. Yeah, you know you don't want the productal problem.
Speaker 1: I know, I know the Lakers facility, I know they have it. You know the pool work with a treadmill. Yes, that to get you going, so you know.
Speaker 3: You're not oh yeah yeah, yeah, yeah. It take the buoyancy and don't put the weight on yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 5: You get your conditioning. You don't put much weight on it.
Speaker 1: Yes, to see how much you're gonna actually open up because the resistance of the water, it won't allow it to grab, yes, like it should if you were if you were.
Speaker 5: Not free weight, what's what's we're looking for?
Speaker 1: You were on your own and yeah, your own strength and that water, that water and that resistance tend.
Speaker 2: The water give you buoyancy, so babing.
Speaker 3: So basically you're you're you're not even a third of what you normally would exactly if it was doing it. So yeah, when Ravens had that in facility, because my knees my last year there, my knees because I.
Speaker 2: Had so much fluid on them. O yoall I couldn't practice.
Speaker 3: So my condition was getting in that pool do it that ten fifteen minutes in the morning and doing a ten to fifteen minutes And that was my conditioning because I had to take all the pressure off my knees, knowing I'm gonna get them drained on Sunday before the game, ice them things up.
Speaker 2: Then I'm gonna warm them up so I can go. And that's what it was.
Speaker 3: But you have to understand, because look, I got to get conditioned. I mean to just go out there on Sundays. Oh no, man, that's a tough task.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 3: Conditioning is everything because when you get tired, all of a sudden, you get lazy with your eyes, you get lazy with your arms, you get lazy with your head, all that stuff. You know, you don't want to get out of those brakes. The balls up on you before you know it. There is no worse feeling than being exhausted and knowing you still have a task to do playing a sport. Yeah, I ain't tell you what somebody told me chat. I'm telling you what I know. I've been there and I look back called o Jo, I said, Man, had I not been tired the first I'll never get nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 2: Had I not been tired that.
Speaker 3: First game of the season against Buffalo, I'd have gone for two fifty. I went for one e. But I was exhausted, and I dropped. I dropped like three passes just because I was exhausted, Just because I was exhausted. Man, I was like Bro. But hopefully Lebron is. Lebron is a fast tailor. He does a great job. He has a great team around him. They say a million dollars when you got a guy on call twenty four hours a day.
Speaker 2: Or you eating up some time.
Speaker 3: He got medical people, he got a chef, that's full time.
Speaker 2: He has all this.
Speaker 3: Lebron James is spending more than two million dollars a year own that body. Trust me because I know what I spent when I played, and I ain't have nobody full time. I have nobody full time. I mean Mike Masillas travels with the team. Mike, Mike is that's Lebron's only client, do you know, because oh, I don't know if you ever had a massage, the therapy or anything like that masseuse or massiges therapist or whatever you call them. But when I would bring mine from Denver and he would stay three or.
Speaker 2: Four days, I had to buy the whole.
Speaker 5: Book, calling him, Yeah, you take you taking him away from his work.
Speaker 3: So I gotta play Hey, he might have sixty seven appointments to day at you know, one hundred and fifty two hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: I gotta buy that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if I went in for a week or two weeks, I've got to buy all those appointments.
Speaker 5: On top of what you gotta get.
Speaker 2: On top of what I gotta pay him.
Speaker 5: He see that, you know, it's it's something wrong with me.
Speaker 1: I always. I always players like Tarol Lorans. Yeah, Terry Loans like you. Tary Loan was like when it came to Lebron really took care of their body. Yes, type of Barry Chamber coldub eight, eating right, doing doing everything everything necessary to make sure that the body was on point. And then here go my crazy eat eating wrong, you know, eating McDonald's. You know, uh, barely stretching in the in the in the when it's time for practice, I'm sitting there talking trash in the stretch line, you know, barely stretching.
Speaker 5: Get out there, just run, never got hurt.
Speaker 1: Asked me how many sadists I got in a twelve year and a twelve year NFL career? Man too, I ain't like nobody touching me.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 5: I like, listen, I thought I used to.
Speaker 1: I used to argue with TJ and when Tarror, when Tarror came to to to the to the Bengals, I'm arguing with him, like, man, you don't need to do all that, bro, you don't have to do it all they doing and breaking up, breaking up, the breaking up the tissue and the creating scar tissue. And I really think it's it's a mind thing.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I had my own thing because it worked for me, and because I never got hurt and never got injured, I felt I didn't.
Speaker 5: Really need it right And I don't know.
Speaker 1: I used to argue with some of my teammates back and forth about getting massages, and God did it two times.
Speaker 5: One time it was, you know, was a rookie. I said, you know, I ain't doing anything more.
Speaker 1: And the last time I had it had a little pinch from a hamstring, just a little pinch, and I had I had a lady, had the lady massage out a little bit, put the acupuncture.
Speaker 5: Yeah what you call them? Company?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: They did the company After kneeling.
Speaker 1: Ain't nobody ever touched me ever since then? I just I just I just I don't know. It's it's weird. I feel it was a mind thing, you know, the give massad and all of a sudden mentally you think.
Speaker 5: Oh I feel better now. Not really, I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Now what I did do when I played the entire time that cold tub or I love that cold water. Boy, I get in the cold tub from the neck down, I do my I do my five minute contrast, five minutes hot, five minute cold, and I finished with the hot, hit the shower and I'm good.
Speaker 3: A cold tub that's what gave them babies. Cold tub increases your sperm count?
Speaker 2: Is that what happened?
Speaker 5: Is that? What is that?
Speaker 2: It does? What happened?
Speaker 3: What happens saying when you putting row meet on people that that's what that's what happened. But it definitely but it definitely increases the spur. It definitely creasy your spurg guy.
Speaker 5: Well, actually, just.
Speaker 1: Just to be honest and listen, we family, and I like listen, I like to share this with the family because we family, not and like the kids that I do have, right, all them just blessings, just blessings and God, God God is good, especially.
Speaker 5: When the coming them.
Speaker 1: But these were agreements, you hear me, These these were agreements so there's a conversation that's had. But listen, you athletic. I like your background. I've studied your film. You know, anybody outdated, anybody had kids from I asked them, can I see some footage?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 5: Were you athletics? Did you play volleyball? Did you softball? Did you run track? Can you jump?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: So when we go on our first dates, I'm not going on dates. So you can put on put on clothes and look good. I'm trying to see how how athletic you are. Let's go who Let's go to David Buses, you know, let's go roller skape?
Speaker 5: Can you move?
Speaker 2: Do you do do?
Speaker 5: Do you have coordination? Can you dance? Do you have two?
Speaker 1: If you have two left feet, I can't do nothing with you because now if I have a kid with you, now that mean Machiago had two left feet.
Speaker 5: I don't want my child getting picked last and pe I want to pick. I want to pick pick first.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: So that that's how I operate.
Speaker 3: Denver Nuggets got their got their get back tonight against the OKC Thunder one seven. The Nuggets scored one hundred and forty points. They shot sixty one percent from the floor. They shot fifty six percent from the three all seasons, worse allowed by the number one ranked defense in KOs At koc okc Yo Kich went off thirty five points, eighteen rebounds, eight assists. Jaylen Williams left the game with a straight strained hip and uh it showed. Look, Shaye is gonna win the MVP, and he should. But make no mistake, the best player in the world is Nicola Jokic. Nikola Jokic is the best player in the world, and it's not close.
Speaker 2: It's great as Shaye is. Ain't nobody seeing ya can ask your question? Yes, you may, certainly may.
Speaker 5: Kind of really don't make no sense to me.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Now if if Sga is the MVP, but you consider Jokics the best player in the world right now, how does that go?
Speaker 5: How does this even go hand in hand? In general?
Speaker 3: Because the best player doesn't always win the MVP. Lebron James is the best player for a decade, he only has four maybe longer, and he only has four MVP. Michael Jordan same thing, So that doesn't necessarily always equate. You look at how well a guy's playing. The best player on the OKC y Shay. Look at their record fifty three and twelve, the number one seed in the Western Conference, and so basically him yoke Jannis.
Speaker 2: We'll see what happens with Lebron, maybe JT.
Speaker 3: But when you look at the numbers that Jokic is putting up twenty nine points a game, twelve rebounds a game, ten assist the game, he's gonna average, He's on pace to average a triple double. He's the best player. I get all that what y'all say in Chad, I hear, and Shaye has been phenomenal leading the league is scoring. But Shane is not a better player. Giannis is not a better player. J T is not a better player, Luca, Lebron, whomever you want to throw in the.
Speaker 2: Occasion on the the the equation. Excuse me.
Speaker 3: The best player in the NBA, the best basketball player in the world, is from Serbia and he's the Kola Yoki.
Speaker 5: Are you are you sure about that?
Speaker 2: I'm one thousand categorically for certain.
Speaker 3: I've never been in I've never been sure by any more thing in my life other than my first born.
Speaker 2: She looks just like me. I've never been sure, marsh you about anything.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, based on based on your giving me a better understanding and context, context, and how most of the time, the best player doesn't actually win the MVP, I'm gonna have to agree with you in a sense. But what SG is doing this year is phenomenal. The reason why they're first and have the record that they do, and statistically on both sides of the court, offensively and defensively, they're at the top top three in almost every statistical category. I would kind of put him up there with Joker as the best player in the NBA, but you think Joker is.
Speaker 3: Instead Jokers Yoki, Yok's hands down the best player. It's not it's not actually now that that's not to take that's not to take away anything from Shaye and what he's doing. He's gonna be a unanimous first team All NBA selection, and rightfully so. I believe he's gonna win the m v P and rightfully so. But I believe two things can be true. I believe Shade deserves the MVP. He's earned that award. Nicola Yoki is the best player in basketball.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: If you dribble a basketball and you breathed oxygen, Nicola Yoki just that that's all I'm saying. And he doesn't. That's not a knock on show. No, I mean there are guys that won MVP. Look Carl along with the MVP. It wasn't better player than Michael Geordan. What are we doing here?
Speaker 2: He wasn't. But his Look at his team's record. Look at the numbers that he put up. Bro check this out.
Speaker 3: I guarantee you if Shadem didn't have this record, let's just say they was tied with yok Nim Yoko would win four MVPs than a five year span because the numbers.
Speaker 2: Look at his numbers, Oh Joe, twenty nine, twelve and ten, and he's shooting fifty seven fifty eight percent from the floor.
Speaker 3: He was fifteen or twenty let us see again, fifteen or twenty one of two from the three point line. Hell, he's shooting down there fifty percent. What are you shooting on for the three this year? He just doesn't tell. I don't know if he takes enough to qualify. He's shooting forty three percent from the from the floor, shooting from the three, he's shooting fifty seven, fifty seven, fifty eight percent, fifty seven almost fifty eight percent.
Speaker 2: From the floor.
Speaker 3: He's shooting forty three percent from the three point That's that's crazy. They ain't no else take this away. Shade's going to win by MVP. I guarantee you. If you poll all the GMS and ask him, I bet yo wins is thirty teams. You got thirty GMS. He's gonna probably win twenty eight to two, twenty seven three. As the best player in the NBA. It's not close. No knocks on nobody, it's not. But tonight he showed you what he's capable of, and then he had his He had his guy with him a Murray level of twenty two three or seven thirty four they had they only played. They only played eight guys six something scored in double figures. The seventh guy had eight points and he only played eighteen minutes. Everybody scored that touched the court except what we got. What was shake st that latter night, Shane had twenty five. He was eight or fourteen, three or seven, six or six. His plus minus was minus eighteen. Chant Honger was minus twenty. Lou Dort, who left him in scoring, was minus eight. Isaiah hartin Stein was the only one that had a plus. No, Jalen Williams had a plus, but he left with about fourteen at fourteen minutes in the ball game five or.
Speaker 2: Ten, one of three.
Speaker 3: Look, you're gonna have one of these games, like Joe, you're not gonna be your Look, I don't care the best defense. Look at eighty five Bears. I don't know if you remember that Monday Night Masaco that Miami put on that ass.
Speaker 2: I old enough.
Speaker 3: I was old enough to remember that they beat the brakes off the Bears and the and the Orange Bowl back in eighty fourth. Go look it up on that money night and look with Damn Marino them dead to him. So you're gonna have a bad game. You look at what happened to us. We played that defense that year. Jimmy Smith dropped amnear three hundred yards receiving on us at three nights down, he had fifteen.
Speaker 5: For Dwayne Starson is out there struggling.
Speaker 2: And Chris McCallen, you cutting, He cutting everybody asse. It didn't matter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, remember that, he'd be like, hey, you get him, I'll cut your No, now you go back over there.
Speaker 2: I don't have enough.
Speaker 3: I don't I don't want so it happens uh Nicola Jokic averaging twenty nine points, thirteen, rebounds, eleven or sis. So He's thirty, scoring thirty, rebounding, second of the assists eleventh and field goal percentage. Shae is first in scoring get thirty three points seventy six and rebounds five point one, sixteenth in assists six point two, twenty fifth in field goal percentage. I mean he about to become the second guard. I think Michael Jordan did it. To score thirty on at least fifty percent shooting as a guard, that's crazy. That's crazy efficiency. I'm talking about crazy. I mean, can I think about it? Only two guys I've ever done it in the history that played the guard position. Now, there have been bigs. Obviously, if you are big, that's different. You're not taking the outside shots. Lack of guard is. But for Jordan to average thirty and shoot fifty percent from the floor and Shaye held damnite shooting fifty three percent from the floor. He's had a phenomenal season. And to watch the process and watch how he got better and better every single year. Now, I'm not saying that if you work hard, you're gonna be able to have a meteoric rise like him. But it's just hard for me to see not a player not getting incrementally better if he works. Now, are you gonna take that leap like he's taken. Probably not, but you'll get better.
Speaker 5: Something was already in him though. Huh.
Speaker 1: You got to understand that the play players are different regards to what sports you play. When you work hard, if you already got the talent and you add that with working hard.
Speaker 5: That's when the leafs and bounds happened in your game.
Speaker 2: Like that. You look at Lebron, look at Jordan, look at Kobe.
Speaker 3: Guys are a misle talented, but are equally as hardworking.
Speaker 2: So now you combine the talent with hard.
Speaker 1: Work, elevator, elevate the heights unknown.
Speaker 3: Yes, and sometimes if you work hard, you don't have to be the most talented. Lad Berry wasn't running, no other wasn't leaping out of the gym. He wasn't the fleet is the foot, but he'd tell your ass up from me. Same thing with magic. Magic. We had never seen anything like magic. We never seen a guy a six' nine. Guy you a power forward or you a. Center that's what a sixth nine guy he was the same height as as Mister russell sixth night that he's playing the point. Guard so now you got a little six foot guards trying to guard. Him, hell he looked right over the top of. Them put a hand up in his. Face what put one hand so he could see over the top of the. Defense this was a great, game, obviously ok see that, played just played have an unbelievable performance the other.
Speaker 2: Night this was a back to back.
Speaker 5: Last.
Speaker 3: Night, yeah they beat The nuggets In denver and then yeah with that game In denver or was it uh or was it in Okay? See was both an ok? Okay But yogi gets this. Revenge The nuggets get back on the winning. Track they scored thirty Fort they had sixty seven points at the. Half, wow okay see had seventy three at the. Half and then they get and then the second, half they gave up seventy three second half points to The nuggets while they scored fifty four second half. Points that was the difference in the ballgame and that's why they ran away with. It Steph curry has accepted a role with his ALMA Matera Davidson, college as an assistant general manager for basketball. Program steph becomes the first active player in THE us major professional sports to take an administrative job with AN ncaa. Team when asked About steph's new, Job Steve kerr had some, Jokes, well if he asked to leave the game to Go Scout, College i'll probably say. No but it Is Steph, curry So i'll probably say. YES i just hope he doesn't.
Speaker 2: Matter H. UH i like. IT i mean it's. Cool what did that Make what did that made? You general Manager Oregon?
Speaker 5: State that that that would be?
Speaker 2: Nice? Uh? Huh, no what if they made you general? Manager?
Speaker 1: Fan, okay now we're. Cooking, now now we cooking. You, hey, now now now.
Speaker 5: We're talking you hear? Me you make me? Anything having to do A, Famu i'm, Gone i'm, Gone i'm. Out i'm.
Speaker 2: Out oh, so SO i gotta have to find.
Speaker 1: Me, No, NO i could do the show From. Tallahassee you ain't gotta find. Nothing and The wi fi, Work just Do Wi fi. Work just find In. Tallahassee ain't nothing wrong with. It huh come on, now, no, yeah, LISTEN i WILL i will pick up and relocate The tallahassee right. Now if The president called, me any anybody of the of the governing, body the governing body that has anything to do with family want me In tallahassee to be. ANYTHING i don't care what it. Is i'm packing up And i'm leaving right. Now, Man, please.
Speaker 2: WHAT i guess you? ARE i guess you want to be general?
Speaker 5: Manager, listen you mean tell? ME i get to put on a suit and?
Speaker 2: Tie, man you don't have to wear no suiting, time but from the general.
Speaker 5: Manager i'm. Forna i'm gonna be.
Speaker 2: What general? Manager you? Know where this? One how?
Speaker 1: Many every time you see me step, Out i'm gonna be in a suit and.
Speaker 5: Tie i'm gonna have an arm a. Suit i'm gonna have a green.
Speaker 1: Suit i'm gonna have a rattler pin a fam you pin that green.
Speaker 2: Suit you're gonna be looking at the Green.
Speaker 1: Hey one, thing one thing about it when it comes when it comes to put when it comes to, FASHION i don't. Play so IF i have on a, Suit i'm gonna look. Sharp i'm gonna be sharpening the number two. Pencil i'm gonna be cleaning in the border. Health i'm gonna be casket.
Speaker 5: Shaw you got and you got me? Excited with that idea.
Speaker 1: Too, Man, GOD i leave, hey just just the thought of, that you, know being able to address address the governing body and fam you or the, students the. Faculty, man you ain't dry audition for no job. Down it's time for our final segment of the. Evening it's time FOR. Q it ain't you auditioned it for a?
Speaker 2: Job?
Speaker 3: Shot he sitting down his resume on my job, chack y'all see this food yup auditioned for a job he had the, job sitting down his resume on my. Computer he, Ahead i'm.
Speaker 5: Just trying to diversify my. Portfolio, baby my bad man out.
Speaker 2: Here audition is sitting out his resume or By coverty.
Speaker 5: Computer oh, okay that was. Funny that was.
Speaker 3: Funny Oh joe Shake Gill Just alexander scored forty points today as The thunder defeated The Denver nuggets won twenty seven to ONE o three in The battle of The two of The, west the Top west. Contenders but the big news came When Nicola Jokic yoke became the first player IN nba history to record a thirty twenty twenty game.
Speaker 2: In overtime win against The.
Speaker 3: Suns yoke finished thirty one, points twenty one, rebounds and a season high twenty two. Assists he ranks thirty points per game twenty, eight thirty rebounds per game twelve point eight, second and assists per game ten point. Four this, season he's averaging more points and more assist than he did when he won THE mvp in his three previous. Seasons the only thing that's working against him Is shae is playing out of his.
Speaker 2: Mind. Crazy there's the number one seed. Crazy any other, season.
Speaker 3: You could make a case that yok would probably be trying to go for five Because joel AND b clipped him one, year he finished, Second he won it last year after previous two years of being back to back AND b clipped, him and then he comes back and wins again this. Year BUT i, Mean, YOK i, mean what do you? SAY i, MEAN i don't really know what it's. SAYING i, mean what? Word what adjective do you want to use to describe what you're seeing From Nikola?
Speaker 1: Jokic, Man, listen the resume speaks for, himself the, accolades the, MVPs the, numbers the.
Speaker 5: Stats YOU i, mean you watch him.
Speaker 1: Play i'm gonna throw a slight comparison out there to somebody who just got traded based on style of play and the way they move and how they have a very lethargic style of style of. Play But i'm gonna let that go because he's very efficient at what he. Does he's, very very very good at what he. Does he looks. Exhausted he looks exhausted in that. Game no towards the.
Speaker 2: End who? That? Yok, yeah, yeah because they.
Speaker 1: Play i'm not trying to say he's out of shape or, nothing you, KNOW i ain't trying to say he's smoking hoop and beer or nothing like.
Speaker 5: That i'm just, saying, oh.
Speaker 2: He like he gonna get his beer on that he drank his.
Speaker 3: Beer but here's the, THING O, joe he played forty one, minutes the only forty eight minutes in the. Game he played forty. Eight Jamal murray played forty. Two so that's normally they don't normally. Play you normally get the forty minutes once you go overtime or double. Overtime guys are, not especially as they start to. Age they don't normally play that many minutes in a regular season. Game, now postseason game, Eight i'm trying to win every game. Matters, yeah they're not. Catching nobody is Catching, okay see for the top. Seed now you're jockeying maybe two through six because you want to stay out of the play in seven through. Ten is to play in anything above, that you ate your. Position you jockey in for. Position lakers right, NOW i think they have second percentage. Points is gonna go back and. Forth lebron got into last. Night we'll see how that plays. Out and then you Got, memphis you Got, houston you Got Golden state trying to climb up the. Ladder but basically you're trying to stay at not two through six range because you're not Catching okac for the number one. Seed but when you look at What yoki is, doing and like you said, today twenty four, points thirteen, rebounds nine, assists he had a, steal and he only had two. Turnovers but like you, said they didn't shoot the ball. Well he was two or ten. Three Jamal murrigs one of five from. Three Michael Porter junior was three of eight from, three even though he shot the ball.
Speaker 2: From the floor really.
Speaker 3: Well but if you go look at, It Porter junior played thirty eight. Minutes yo played forty one. Minutes mrge forty two.
Speaker 2: Minutes.
Speaker 3: Yeah Even russ played thirty one. Minutes russ had A, yeah he was one for, nine one to. Five they didn't really get a whole lot from the. Bench they only got a level what they get. Level they got fourteen points from the.
Speaker 1: Bench and that's that's the problem, too the inconsistency with their. Bench yoker is, Good murray is. Good but, listen there's one other team outside OF okc where they play collectively. Great even when the starters are, out everybody collectively is putting in the effort and putting the work and getting the.
Speaker 5: Points head in the fourth quarter, unk and they scored forty one damn points in in the final. Quarter, now the only team that had the bench like that is.
Speaker 1: Efficient as soon as they come, off when it starts on playing it's, calves it looks it looks exactly the same.
Speaker 5: Way, okay you know, WHAT i don't have a problem even though it's a game of.
Speaker 1: RUNS i know my, second my second you when you come in and still keep the, game still keep the game, going still keep the game going. Forward where we're in the, league we're we're still in contingent we don't have to come back into the game and have another another run where we have to either catch up or try to decrease the.
Speaker 3: Lead but, uh, yeah sensational hispan all. Year it's a two horse.
Speaker 5: Race i'm gonna ask you that it's a two horse.
Speaker 2: Race, yeah they.
Speaker 3: Dropped, Yeah I'm i'm being truthful.
Speaker 2: That, yeah everybody knows that they've Dropped. Yoni so with that being, said.
Speaker 1: Has your thoughts on THE mvp changed based on the way? Jokers, no it's still, okay, Okay, yeah.
Speaker 3: He leading the league in, scoring his team is number, One he has the most twenty point, games thirty point, games forty point, game fifty point. Games, yeah, no, my, my AND i think everybody. Knows y'all know WHAT i think About. Yoke he's been one of my favorite, players uh since he got into THE. Nba and you kind of figured out who he was because at first you Said. Nurkic they were in the same. Draft they Took nurkic and then they took him in the second. Round with that being, said you could see they. Traded they traded nrk and you or you could understand. Why, NOW i don't think they.
Speaker 2: Knew he would beat.
Speaker 3: THIS i mean you could see probably you see him in practice and you see him doing. THINGS i don't THINK i don't. THINK i don't think they thought he would be this, now a three TIME. Mvp, Potentially i'm gonna be shot if he doesn't win ANOTHER.
Speaker 2: Mvp, Yeah i'm gonna be. Shot.
Speaker 3: Now stranger things have. Happened Lebron james had FOUR mvp from by the age of twenty, eight, yes and never won another. One so that's not to say it's, guaranteed but it's hard with the numbers that he's putting up.
Speaker 2: For the voters on the, Note, yeah that's that's. Crazy but uh, yeah this is, uh this Is.
Speaker 3: Shade fifty three and fifty three and eleven is their, record fifty four and.
Speaker 2: Ten is the uh is The cavs.
Speaker 3: Record so, crazy who's gonna have the best record in THE. Nba lebron is expecting to miss one to two weeks with a growing. Strain according To, Sham lebron will wait for the growing injury to calm down over the next twenty four hours and receive another. Evaluation you, know they probably you know at that point in, time Oh, joe you, know once it. Happens they'm telling you see and seeing how tender you, are probably have a little inflammation in. There they're probably doing the strength test to see how much strength you have on the, leg trying to keep.
Speaker 2: It he don't let me push it. Down, okay don't let me pick it. Up things of that.
Speaker 3: Nature and so now probably that, happened what that happened last Night. Sunday so probably tomorrow they'll get AN mi for the ASSESSINGEN c.
Speaker 1: Where it is that you know, how based on this injury and, extent how much time will be missed or should he shut it down and just wait and Allow luca to carry?
Speaker 2: Everything what do you?
Speaker 3: Think, well the thing is is that he's gonna try to get, back and it's all gonna be contingent on how serious the injury.
Speaker 2: Is the last thing you want to do is come back too soon and tweak. It now that pushs.
Speaker 3: YOU i think if he takes two, weeks he's played what fifty seven, games he just needs another eight games to qualify for all THE nba things of that. Nature but they're in the two. Slot you don't want to slide all the way. Down now they do Have luca and that's the luxury of having two superstars that when one goes, down the other can pick up the.
Speaker 2: Slack we Know luca can carry a, Load Austin reeves can.
Speaker 3: Help it hurts That ruy is not, there but BECAUSE i don't know where else they're going to get the production that they need from a third scoring, option Is ruy not? There Phinney smith is. Inconsistent vanderbilt is more of a. DEFENDER i like, connect but he leaves a lot to be desired on the defensive. End he gets lost in translation a. Lot BUT i, mean and they were just if they were playing extremely, well and this happens very. Unfortunate but like you, said maybe this is. Something this is what you. Get this is what this is why you trade for A, luca a guy that you're gonna put the ball in his. Hands he can control, pace he's gonna get to where he. Wants all you gonna do is knock down shots because he gonna find. You, now they're gonna bless. It they're gonna try to get the ball out of his. Hands they're not gonna let him beat.
Speaker 1: You somebody gonna be, open no, matter, yes, yes when you get the ball in the hands you got to make your. Shots that's all it comes that's all it comes down to
Speaker 3: The volume