Speaker 1: It's topic time called eight hundred five five five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Morning everybody. It's DJ n V Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Good morning.
Speaker 2: Now if you're just joining us, we're opening up the phone lines and talking about being stuck in the airport. Yesterday, seven thousand flights were canceled, nine thousand were delayed.
Speaker 3: My flight was canceled six times.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: My assistants stayed on the phone with Delta, and then I don't know where they pulled this jet up. It wasn't on the it wasn't on the online, it wasn't on the app.
Speaker 3: But they pulled this plane up and they had seats.
Speaker 2: So we booked our seats and then in three minutes that that flight was full. So we're asking eight hundred and five eight five one oh five to one your horror stories. I was in the airport yesterday with Eric Sermon, shot the beatout that's in DJ Premier.
Speaker 5: Man that sound that does sound like a horror story. Envy using the airport with Eric Sermon bot DJ Premiere.
Speaker 3: There was mad people in their for yesterday about to.
Speaker 6: Send your top five. I used debated about hip hop hours on.
Speaker 2: Everybody was just trying to get home now, but very interesting conversations. I love to see those brothers. They got so much wisdom, so much knowledge. But yeah, I was stuck. We were stuck for a long time, and I actually thought we were gonna have to leave the airport and go back to the hotel.
Speaker 3: But thank god, the flight was able to get off and people.
Speaker 2: When I landed, it took me an hour to get my luggage usually takes ten minutes.
Speaker 3: Took me over an hour to get this, just the luggage.
Speaker 5: As you as you can see, I'm still I'm still stuck, you know what I mean, because my flight was canceled just to But I learned the valuable lesson, and that valuable lesson is I am never ever in my life doing anything on one of my children's born days unless my child is with me, never ever, ever, ever again.
Speaker 6: You know what I mean. It was yesterday, Oh damn. Yeah, so I went against one.
Speaker 5: Of my my moral rules, you know what I mean, because I thought I would be back, you know, in time to spend at least, you know, some of the day. But no, it's still here. But you know, luckily she turned fifteen, and she.
Speaker 6: Don't give it. Damn.
Speaker 3: So he said, she don't care about your dad.
Speaker 6: She don't care. She don't care.
Speaker 5: She got hurt, she got what she wanted for her birthday. You know me, that's all that matter. That's all that matter. Daddy sent me your card. But you know that's not what it's about for me. No, it's not about that. It's about wanting to spend you know, time with my with my little ones on their special days. But never again, I promise you, if it's my wife's birthday or any of my children's birthday, don't ask me to do nothing.
Speaker 6: Okay, I will not I will not be there.
Speaker 7: Hello, Hello, day, pre good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 3: You were stuck in the airport. Tell us about your horror story this weekend.
Speaker 8: Well, we did a girl ship to Miami, and I went to the airport at like twelve o'clock and I didn't get to leave out the airport it's about six o'clock because one plane was delayed, one plane was going to maintenance, and then they were canceling flights. And then I work at the airport, so all the Guardia flights going to New York were again canceled and delayed and coming in so it wasn't hot mess this week.
Speaker 6: Now, let me ask you a question.
Speaker 5: Doesn't that make you feel like like doubly disrespected being that you work at the airport and you can't get a flight?
Speaker 6: Do you ever say that to them? I work at an airline.
Speaker 8: Get well, see wee flight free, so we get in by So I already got accept that, but being.
Speaker 9: Rolled over, roll over, rolled over, I was.
Speaker 8: Just ready to buy a bottle. I was getting so annoyed.
Speaker 3: But let me ask you a question.
Speaker 2: If somebody misses their flight and it's an overnight flight, do the airlines pay.
Speaker 3: For the hotel? No, that's that's messed up.
Speaker 2: You think about how it's out of town, the flight gets delayed or canceled, and now they got to just sleep at the airport because they might not be able to ford another hotel room.
Speaker 5: You know, I thought I thought that was some legislation they passed earlier this year that they were gonna start paying with stuff.
Speaker 8: You want to sleep right out the way for your flight the next flight that they booked you. Sometimes if it's due to their thumbs and they might put your hotel. But that's not.
Speaker 2: Rare if it's Mother Nature, because yesterday I can't I couldn't imagine it was so many people in the airport that they would have to pay for a hundreds of people.
Speaker 3: I'm like, there's no way airlines are paying for that.
Speaker 6: I wouldn't say.
Speaker 5: That does disappoint me, though, that disappoints me because I'm a Jet Blue. I'm a proud Jet Blue flyer, a proud mos SAIC member. You know, I feel like when you cancel off flights, we deserve a phone call.
Speaker 6: Okay everything? Yeah, well know the most SAIC members. I ain't everybody. I said the most SAG members.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of most SAG members. They said, your damn text, don't they do it?
Speaker 6: Do it by miles? Okay, they know how many miles I got compared to other people.
Speaker 5: Do it by miles and call those of us with a lot of miles and tell us and then put us on the first thing smoking we should get the first write of refusal for these flights.
Speaker 6: No, I agree that.
Speaker 3: I agree with that.
Speaker 2: I think the million miles, the people that fly a lot, if you kids that flight, we should have first.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 6: Was this what Mike?
Speaker 3: Mike what's up man?
Speaker 2: You you you had an airport horror story the last couple of days, brother night man Man.
Speaker 10: I was fucking Tampa yesterday. I was thirty seventh on a standby list, and I knew right then and there I was it was over for me. Got to the point it was a United flight. They canceled three of my flights. I was stuck in the airport or even got so bad I went to the frontier desk. They had no flight for me.
Speaker 5: And then I.
Speaker 10: Finally, by the grace of God, went to the Jet Blue desk and somebody must have canceled their flight as soon as I went up there, and they wanted me to United, wanted to pook me on Thursday and be stuck in Florida for two more days. Couldn't do that, how to get to work, and Jet Blue got me on. So I'm a Jet Blue customer for life now.
Speaker 5: Well, at least Jet Blue did something for somebody yesterday because they didn't take care of theyre mosaic members with a lot of miles like myself.
Speaker 3: Damn it.
Speaker 2: Man, Well, I will tell this this is what I usually do. If you have a credit card, and most airlines will give you your money back. So if I do see a flight open up, I buy a ticket.
Speaker 6: I don't care.
Speaker 2: I just bought a ticket, and even if I don't use it, you can call, and nine times out of ten airport most of them will give you your refund back within twenty four hours. But at least I hold my spot on that flight, and then if it cancels, I just get my money back, put it right back on my car.
Speaker 3: I do that all the time.
Speaker 6: I'm with you.
Speaker 5: I just want better I want better service for those of us who have our most saying members on Jet Blue, or if you're on Delta and you got you a belt, whether you're silver, a.
Speaker 6: Gold, or what's the other one, I'm diamond, diamond. Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: If you got a belt Delta, we should be getting more respect and love than everybody else.
Speaker 2: Sorry, yeah, I'm a million midler. They gave me fifteen thousand miles from my delay yesterday, though, Is that enough?
Speaker 6: No? I don't think so ea.
Speaker 3: I'll take it all right.
Speaker 2: But eight hundred five eight five one oh five one we were talking about airport horror stories. Yesterday, seven thousand flights were canceled. Nine thousand flights were delayed. Were you part of that? Let's discuss how do you feel? It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, It's topic.
Speaker 1: Time called eight hundred and five eight five five one to join it to the discussion with the Breakfast club.
Speaker 6: Talk about it morning.
Speaker 3: Everybody is j n V. Charlamagnea god. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Now if you're just joining us eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. We were talking to about horror stories, airport horror stories yesterday.
Speaker 3: I mean it got to the.
Speaker 2: Point last night it was just they just kept canceling flights and canceling flights and canceling flights. Seven thousand flights were canceled yesterday, nine thousand delays. So you could just imagine the amount of money in time. People are losing the amount of money airlines are losing, and this is mother nature.
Speaker 3: There was really nothing they can do.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The worst part about it is as somebody who's I'm not gonna say currently stuck because I'm flying out this morning, but as somebody who flight did get canceled yesterday. The worst part about it is that they'll when they tell you, hey, you can't get on another flight, until Thursday twenty ninth. Yeah, you can't get on another flight until the thirtieth, you know what I mean? Yesterday was tuesdays. You mean telling me I got to stay on I'm after two days? What if I don't have the means to stay where I'm at for two days? What if I can't afford And that's what I was saying, no more hotel rooms, Like what if I can't afford to keep buying out?
Speaker 6: What if I need to get home cause I got to get back to work, like damn.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, And there was a lot of people in the airport that you could tell they were sleeping there for the next two days, and they were, you know, trying to get blankets and trying to get whatever, but they can to keep warm.
Speaker 5: And it's really messed up. So you mean to tell me people gonna be sleeping in the air bow for the next two days. So that I mean, in the next two days, airport's gonna smell like bus stations.
Speaker 3: Yes, Lord, have mercy. Yes, let's go to the phone lines.
Speaker 7: Hello, who's this Hello?
Speaker 3: What's your name? Hey, mama, So you were stuck? Where were you stuck?
Speaker 8: I'm not like, but my co work grade stuck and I'm covering for him, and I'm late for him to come back.
Speaker 6: Why are you snitching? I'm snitching, man. You wouldn't want him.
Speaker 9: To do that in Hawaii. He's in Hawaii, but I'm.
Speaker 6: Now I hate that.
Speaker 3: That's not a bad place to get stuck. I would get stuck in Hawaii.
Speaker 9: Now we need to get back to right. Too many hours and.
Speaker 3: What do you do, Mama?
Speaker 9: I sell insurance.
Speaker 3: He's selling insurance. All right, Well, he'll be back on Friday and he'll have your back.
Speaker 6: He'll have your back next time.
Speaker 8: But I'm making mad money though without him being there.
Speaker 6: So there you go. Look at the bright guy. That is a positive solf got God?
Speaker 3: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 9: What's going on?
Speaker 6: Guys?
Speaker 3: Patrick Patrick from Quiz?
Speaker 6: What's up?
Speaker 10: Man?
Speaker 3: You were stuck in the airport?
Speaker 7: Bro Now I'm calling on behalf of my mother and my sister. I had to get some situated.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 7: They were flying back to Atlanta, but they got canceled out of LaGuardia. I had to drive them all the way to maca Careport in Long Island about this, and they still got stuck out there again. Now, didn't Baltimore, still trying to make it back.
Speaker 2: So you drove them to LaGuardia. Then you went to Long Island, which is in an hour drive to Long Island. Then you had to drive into Baltimore, which is a three hour drive. And it's still stuck.
Speaker 7: Bill, stuck, bro and I'm out of gas money.
Speaker 5: Now, Dan, let me let me ask this magic question. Is the weather that bad in New York? Not?
Speaker 6: Now, that's what I'm saying. Wasn't that bad yesterday?
Speaker 3: They said it was. They said lightning, and they said it was pretty bad.
Speaker 7: It was a little rainy, But I think it was I think it was the weather in Atlanta that was the problem.
Speaker 3: Now they said it was the weather New York that was the problem.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he said New York.
Speaker 5: And what makes it so bad is that when they canceled a bunch of flights, the reason people can't get out until Thursday and Friday is because all of these people rebook on all of the flights and they everything gets backed up like a backlog.
Speaker 3: Correct. But I'm with you.
Speaker 2: I'm with the people that stay with the airlines the longest, that that has priority seniority on the They should be booked first.
Speaker 3: Even if they got to put people back.
Speaker 5: That's right. I'm Jet Blue. I'm a proud most SAG member. I got a lot of miles on Delta.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying. I'm Silver. You know I'm getting the way I need to beat. I'm a million miller.
Speaker 5: But if they called the million miles and the platinum people before me and the gold I don't have a problem with that. But you can't, as if you can't just call people that don't got as many miles as me and book them on the first flights out.
Speaker 3: I'm with you.
Speaker 6: That ain't right.
Speaker 3: I'm with you. Hello, who's this, Joe?
Speaker 6: What's up? Brother?
Speaker 3: Talk to us?
Speaker 6: Well, you got some names on y'all?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, I know a black and spanning Okay, yeah, No.
Speaker 9: So we're leaving about of uh.
Speaker 7: Yesterday.
Speaker 4: Get to the airport at four twenty and I'm sitting my daughter off and the minute we get to the checkpoint, her flight supposed to leave in like six point thirty. Look to me like that, I'm like what he was like, it's delayed?
Speaker 10: So ten thirty?
Speaker 9: What do you mean ten thirty?
Speaker 3: Oh, it's a rip.
Speaker 2: Once you say ten thirty, s did.
Speaker 4: It leave at ten thirty.
Speaker 6: Oh, did or did leave?
Speaker 2: Now for Larderdale. I've got stuck for Lorderdale a lot. And that's that's probably one of the smallest airports.
Speaker 3: But it's always delaying for Lordadale all the time.
Speaker 5: Man, it's certain airports you just know you ain't getting out of once they say a certain time.
Speaker 3: Be like that sometimes too, Nork be like that, Laguardi be like that.
Speaker 6: Maybe like ten thirty. You'd be looking around, like, but it ain't nobody here.
Speaker 3: Yep, you ain't going nowhere. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 9: This is Corey culled from a skik and Michigan. Good morning, guys. Hey, I was stuck in at the airport, And good morning. I was stuck in Houston on this past Sunday night. I was scheduled for flight out six forty five. Turkeed around. They delayed my flight, and then another flight was delayed, and the third flight was we're getting on there at twelve o'clock. The arrived the Grand Rapids at two forty five am. Everyone's on the plane. We wait fifteen minutes. They were waiting on another crew member and turn around they say that the crew members has left the pilot has gone and everybody's about to off board the plane.
Speaker 3: Dang, that's a lot. See.
Speaker 2: The sad thing about it is really nobody you can blame, right, because it's an act of God. Right is nature when they have all these rainstorms and thunderstorms.
Speaker 3: So you can't really blame.
Speaker 2: Anybody because FAA is grounding these planes because they want everybody to be safe. But it is I mean the fact that, like you said, some people who like got delay Monday won't be able to get back on a plane till Thursday.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 5: And by the way, I don't think people realize how crazy that sounds. Right, And you go to an airport and you ready to get home and you done checked out of your hotel, like you're done, and they like, you're not gonna get home till Thursday, and you're in a strange city. That's like what, Like I'm lost? Right, Like what am I supposed to do? I might have been budgeting for this trip. I can't afford another couple of days at.
Speaker 3: The hotel, right, and the hotel expensive.
Speaker 2: Then I gotta get a uber back to the hotel that I gotta get for food that's too expensive.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm tapped out. So what people have to do is they got to sleep in the damn thing. They got to sleep in the damn airport.
Speaker 5: I don't understand too, Like if you have these airports that have hotels close to, like, why don't they have some type of deal with neighboring hotels for when things like this happen, Because it's not like it happens all the time. But you know what I mean, Like, when these events do happen, can't y'all house some.
Speaker 6: Of these people that are going to be displaced for a couple of days.
Speaker 3: I really don't think they care unless it's therefore, Like if it's if it's.
Speaker 2: A plane malfunction or a pilot not making it or something wrong, than the airline or cover it. But if it's an act of God, you on your own, they they don't care.
Speaker 5: Well, even if it's an act of God, there's one airline that's still be coming through for people in that spirit, the spirit of God, the spirit of the Holy Ghost.
Speaker 6: Okay, I mean they got to live up to their name, dammit.
Speaker 3: Is that the moral of the stories?
Speaker 5: No, the maral of the story is you are where you are when you're supposed to be there, even if you don't want to be there. Everything is in divine alignment. That's how to look at it last night, you know what I mean. That's how I look at things in life period. But you know, after a while, you gotta stop stressing. You just got to be like, you know what I am and where I am when I'm supposed to be here, and I'll get back when I'm supposed to get back.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, when we come back, we got your room and report. Trina says, stop playing with her. She says she's done with y'all, and also Rose and Bar. She's spitting some venom. We'll talk about it when we come back. It's the Breakfast Club on b ET