Speaker 1: You are listening to The Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: I love the man Cave Covino and Rich.
Speaker 3: I'm Steve Covino, Rich Davis, Covino and Rich celebrating twenty years this week of radio together. Always fun to hang out on Dan Patrick's show, The Dan Patrick Hatrick Day two of Our Unnatural Patrick because we have tomorrow off, but we're back on Thursday, Merry Christmas Eve. We talked about the Packers first hour, if you missed it catching on the podcast. Hope you're having a Packers sort of week. We're saying people are sleeping on them, the eleven and four Packers. I think now we're taking them serious. But I hope you're having a Packers Charlie Woods sort of week. That's pretty cool, right, I Mean everyone talked about Lebron and Brownie this year.
Speaker 2: The fact that Tiger Woods kid hit a hole in one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, organically a father son moment, not the world forced father.
Speaker 2: And I'm not hating on Brownie's playing great. I like Lebron.
Speaker 3: I'm great in the G League and you know he got called up, so hey, props to him. But the Charlie Woods moment should not go into the the radar. And speaking of going under the radar, like we said, sometimes that's a good place to live because the packers are making their way. Alexander Usik is your heavyweight champion. A lot of people overlooked these guys under the radar.
Speaker 2: Good and ben. There's pros and cons.
Speaker 3: You know, Alexander Usik isn't isn't making as much money as Jake Paul fighting because the name's not there.
Speaker 2: But he's the best heavyweight in a long ass time.
Speaker 3: And who do we talk about for the past ten years, Fury, Wilder, Joshua and all those guys. But anyway, this hour speaking of fighters, Mike tythan the real Mike Tyson. If you missed it on our show, we caught up with him. We talked about his fight. We talked about smoking weed, the dudes, the don'ts, We talked about edibles, we talked about Tyson Fury. So Mike Tyson reminisced a little bit right now. The hangover and punch out and all all that is my Tyson. You'll hear that in about fifteen twenty minutes. Now, I just talked about Christmas movies real quick before we do, what's your rapping game. Like, I feel like you're a meticulous guy. But you also strike me as a guy that does not like wrapping presents. I like Christmas wrappings by the waitresses for my favorite Christmas songs. You forgot cranberries too. You're a meticulous neat everything needs to be perfect. Type of guy you think for your snot nose jelly fingered kids, you have to be meticulous. I'm just saying you're the type of guy that doesn't a place your chance. Your Jordan's are always crispy and clean. You're a meticulous guy. I feel like you're the type of guy I'm ridiculous about being meticulous. But when it comes to rapping presence for like I said, if it's a gift for your wifey or girlfriend or you know someone specially, hey put a little time into it.
Speaker 2: If it's for your kids, they're just going.
Speaker 3: To rummage to that anyway. Lazy Sanna is not a good rapper. Why do I have to be? Is it lazy to use bags instead of wrapping paper? No, you're overthinking it. Yeah, just take ladies. They're just happy to unwrap anything. Lazy man's move.
Speaker 2: What do you mean in the bag if you guys, just depends.
Speaker 3: You know, you don't put a you don't put presents in bags, depends what it is you do that for adults. Kids got to rip open wrapping paper. Hey, whatever makes you happy, man. You know, like I said, it's not that.
Speaker 4: Not that though. If Drake or Kendrick Lamar were really good rappers.
Speaker 2: That would be great. I think they show up trappers.
Speaker 3: That you know what, You just wrote an sn L bit where they have a rap battle.
Speaker 2: But it's actually wrapping Chris, pretty good. We gotta submit that.
Speaker 3: Submit that to Lorden Michael's immediately. It's the only time Rich could compete with the Kendrick le Mar. I'm sure kills enjoy your wrapping of your presence, in your last minute gifts, in your hustle and bustle of Christmas. Eve again, I'm Christmas Steve. That's Rich Davis Covino and Rich. Now I'm gonna promote it again because I believe in it. Over Promised is our bonus podcast. Of course you can get our show just search Covino wherever you stream podcasts. In fact, if you leave a review, you qualify for a Fox Sports Radio Covino on Rich stainless steel water bottle. We call it the Swiggy. It's actually a nice piece of swag. So if you follow our podcast, say something nice leaver of you. If you get an email, you win a prize. It's that simple. But we have a bonus podcast because I don't know everybody.
Speaker 2: Does nowadays, so why not us? We need more time.
Speaker 3: It's called over promised because Rich always over promises things we never get to. It's on Fox Sports Radio's YouTube page. You could also listen wherever you stream your podcast, just search Coveno on Rich over Promise.
Speaker 2: We talked about this.
Speaker 3: I want to see from the Dan Patrick Nation, Fox Sports Radio Nation if they agree or disagree, cuz we're gonna bring it back to sports now the greatest Christmas sports toys or sports related Christmas gifts that you got growing up. Because we have a clear number one, but we have, you know, a few honorable mentions we want to throw out there for you see if you agree or disagree eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox. Well, it also was in my head because if you're watching Aaron Rodgers Enigma on Netflix, he talks about his fascination with stratamatic. If anyone played that as a kid. Aaron Rodgers baffles you when he talks about how that game sort of led to him knowing the percentage of every pass he threw, Like, oll of, if I throw that pass, it's a sixty percent completion percentage. If I throw a ball, you know the slam pattern to this receiver, Oh, it was an eighty five percent chance he catches it. It gave him the ability to calculate percentages at a rapid rate.
Speaker 2: He's shown off the mass game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't play this game grown up, and I think that's probably clear.
Speaker 2: Jase Stude, did I played a little bit? I know the game. Well, Jay Stu, you were a big stratamatic.
Speaker 4: Did it blew my mind when I saw this? I really thought just me and my little gang of nerds that I grew up with played this game. But I logged hundreds of hours of strata matic. And you talk about great sports gifts like around this time, and they timed it this way around Christmas time the cards for the next baseball season would come out, so you got your brand new cards with all the new stats.
Speaker 3: I'm surprised Cavino wouldn't be into this because Cavino is one of those dudes that remembers, Oh, Wade Boggs hit three sixty eight one year, like you remember those stats.
Speaker 4: Loved it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love believe it or not.
Speaker 3: It was all based on baseball cards, and I did love reading the stats, and I knew the stats on the back was way into it. But the strat o Matic I just never got into my gang of nerd friends weren't nerdy enough. I guess you're the type of guy that knew how many home runs Del Murphy had because forty four, because yeah with the Braves, but ball cards either way, it was really cool to see. You're absolutely right that Aaron Rodgers dove headfirst into that as a kid.
Speaker 2: He said he shut up to the game. By the way it was. It was just gratuitous and it was great.
Speaker 3: Yeah I watched that, like, yeah, I heard of that, but I didn't know much about it. So Jay due backs it up that strat o Matic was a great sports related Christmas gift. You know who played strata Matic? I'd imagine people that are into fantasy football. I feel like it is a common thread between if kids into stats and analytics and things. If you were a kid of the eighties, and you know, and you were analyzing stratamatic and looking at the cards and rolling the dice and doing all that that you're cut from the same cloth as someone that is waiting on the waiver wire in your fantasy league. But I do believe watching that documentary Enigma Aaron Rodgers, I feel like it's set the foundation for how he thought in a lot of ways.
Speaker 2: Like you said, he thought in percentages.
Speaker 3: His decisions were based on calculations that he learned from that game. Pretty amazing to see. But we're starting off simple. When we were just little kids, little tikes, little boys. When Rich and I agree, it's fact we both had this goofy toy, so we have to imagine that other people had it too. Now this is not the number one answer, but do you guys remember in the early eighties the baseball kid, this has to be late eighties. We we both had because my brother and I played with it, and he was born in the mid eighties. The little plastic pitching machine dude that had floppy hair and the arm would whip around with a whiffleball. Yeah, I would toss you whiffleballs when your dad was too busy to play with you. But you had the baseball kid on standby, so he would toss you whiffleballs and you just be taking little little hacks all day, working on.
Speaker 2: Your swing as a little kid. How did I miss this?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I had it. I had it.
Speaker 3: I was born in seventy six. I had this guy. So the baseball got rich had it.
Speaker 2: I had it.
Speaker 3: And when we bring it up from time to time, people like, oh man, I forgot all about that. So that little dude was a staple in my little kid bedroom for a long time, and I would take him out into the backyard. The baseball kid. I had it as a great sports toy. That was sort of one of my introductory toys as a little boy. Like, hey, I like baseball. I like whiffleball. So that comes to mind for both of us again starting off slow. That the way to really think about what your favorites were. Don't just think about your bedroom. Think about this stuff you had in the garage. Because you had a pogo stick. You thought you were gonna be in the X games with the pogo ball. Shut up, I remember besides the you know, the rakes and the shovels, and all of our grandparents have like a croquet set, like, oh, there's badminton that you know grandpa had in the garage. Besides all that, it's like an old volleyball and you're like, who played volleyball? I remember my siblings. This is a very mid eighties, nineteen maybe nineties gift. Do you remember Tic Tac toss?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: It was a Tic Tac toe board and you would throw bean bags at it. Sure, yeah, that was that was That was that replaced lawn darts because they were like, yeah, we don't want kids getting stabbed with lawn darts anymore. Let's throw bean bags. I think that was the precursor to really blowing up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that was a big Tic Tac tosser.
Speaker 3: Now we were talking about cheap toys before. You need to buy Christmas gifts for your son. Yeah, this isn't the answer, But I used to love every Christmas time I'd get some sort of nerve related basketball net that would go on the doorframe and I'd be playing that all day.
Speaker 2: That's a good quote.
Speaker 3: We say the ultimate gift that every kid wanted was not the NERF basketball. It was the adjustable rim because it was just what everybody wanted in their driveway, especially when you were growing up in the you know nineties, you only needed one kid in the neighborhood to have one of these. But before everyone was heaving up you know, sixty three pointers a game like the NBA. Now, back then, it was about the slam dunk. And if you were a kid and you were in your primo kid years in the eighties or nineties who were slamming jam and rip rorn and ram, remember you would adjust the height from six to eight to ten feet with a broomstick, like you'd have to even click it. I wasn't faking the funk on a nasty dunk. That was the ultimate, the closest caveno canold put it to six feet. I got all bottom of the net, man. Yeah, but the adjustable rint for sure. And you get a sweet new basketball to go with that.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: And that brings us to our all time number one beacon of all sports related Christmas gifts. The greatest of all time is the nerve football. No, I think we all agree on that.
Speaker 2: Who created it?
Speaker 3: Again the dude on the Vikings, the creator of the ner football. Much like how Jim Bouton created Big League Chewing baseball. Fred Cox. Fred Cox, former NFL player, created a football kicker, former kicker for the Vikings, created the Nerve football. And you know, you'd have it for a week before your sister took a bite out of it or there was a chunk missing somehow, and every football but it was a game changer at the playground. Didn't blame the family pet. You blamed your sister for taking a bite out of my sister.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Uh, you know, it was the game changer at the playground in the neighborhood. You could throw it around your house kind of sort of and not only did it resonate with everybody listening right now, but all the pros that we admire. There was a thirty for thirty on the Nerve Football or some sort of documentary and Jerry Rice Dionce that meant everything to everybody. That was everybody's introduction to football and their love of football, the NERF football, and there's a lot of other things that come to mind. For me. Nerve got a little tricky for a minute and they started doing ones with whistles and a tail on it. I was had the one with a tail like the Nerf turbot, the vortex, the vortex. You could throw it like twelve year old. You could throw it seventy yards, but you can't play. We didn't play game with that football. That was more of a let me see how far I.
Speaker 2: Could throw it.
Speaker 3: Shout outs to baseball cards and your plaques and your memorabilia you would get, get that sweet Ricky Henderson rookie you wanted for Christmas when Santa would come. But those are some of the ones that come to mind for us. We dive into it on over promised Fox Sports Radios YouTube page if you want to check it out the best sports related Christmas gifts. Any thoughts hit us up at Covino and Rich and your phone calls and Mike Tyson next.
Speaker 2: You're a you're a big wiffleball guy. Huge wiffleball guy form?
Speaker 3: Is it standard that every kid still needs that skinny yellow whiffleball bat with the ball attached to the top. I mean, you have all different variations now, but I'm one of those classic dudes that loves whiffleball.
Speaker 2: You know, is that the Sporting gets star the other day?
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I don't know if you know this because could be no claims to be the greatest whiffle ball player.
Speaker 2: Of all time.
Speaker 3: In fact, you've said you're the the Barry Bonds the show Hey Otani of whiffleball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's true Union New Jersey champion.
Speaker 3: So you know, the standard legit whiffleball, the white one with it, not the one that has a bunch of circle holes on it. Like the real of course, like the real fact that you think you have to explain that to people listening to Fox Sports Radio is ridiculous. Well, there's idiots to play with like a harder whiffle ball. There's people that play with the ones. I'm not talking to that idiot if you have to explain what a whiffle ball. Well, I saw a pack get this, And I don't know if your hip on this, because uh, maybe you lost your mojo. They have the regular whiffleballs now, and in the pack of regular whiffleballs there's a red one with a couple different slits on it.
Speaker 2: This apparently is like the curve ball. Is it made by whiffle I think so? No, it's not ricking up?
Speaker 3: Is everyone's playing blitz ball and stuff like that? Now where there's you know, upgraded updated brands and bats and things like that, but I keep it classic. These are all great gifts. And again, want to hear from you guys, And you're gonna hear from Mike Tyson, the real Mike Tyson way.
Speaker 2: You're gonna hear it.
Speaker 3: Next Fox Sports Radio, Cavino and Rich love it all right, So Tyson's coming up. We'll take your feedback about the Christmas sports gifts and maybe a little preview of tomorrow's NFL Christmas Game.
Speaker 2: So hang tight.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and w in the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 3: Hey, Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and together we're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Why should you listen to Covino and Rich.
Speaker 3: We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world. We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture. Stories that well, other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss. And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together, I mean that says something right.
Speaker 2: So check us out. We like to get you involved too, take your phone calls, chop it up.
Speaker 3: As they say, I'd say, the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the most interactive show on planet Earth. Be sure to check out Covino and Rich Live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific, And if you miss any of the live show, just search Covino and Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media.
Speaker 2: That's Covino and Rich.
Speaker 3: Dude, I love this song, Covino and Rich in for the Great Dan Patrick's Always a Pleasure. Day two of the Dan Patrick Hatrick will be on again Thursday, but we're on Monday through Friday five to seven on the East Covino and Rich. Now, we caught up last week with the legend Mike Tyson. We wanted you to hear it, and here's how it went down. Let's welcome with glory and renown Iron Mike Tyson but Mike, you're nuts.
Speaker 2: Fuke, You're nuts.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: Y'all we're obviously huge fans, and I don't know, the most intriguing man in the world, Mike Tyson on the shelf, most interesting man on the planet. It's a pleasure to be hanging with you. Great to see you again. So Mike, let's get right into it.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: Not many people could break the Internet with their butt cheeks, but you did. How did it make you feel?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 2: Tell us about that moment.
Speaker 6: Hey, television had really changed, that became a big thing. That's just so ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Did you expect that to be even a little story when the fight was over?
Speaker 5: That's I've looked. I've been that way my whole career. My butt been showing on took a picture of it.
Speaker 3: Hey, did you ever think, well, maybe it's just better than ever? Because it seemed like the whole world is taken by it.
Speaker 5: Hey, man, I guess so. I don't know the new time ever, Mike.
Speaker 3: As we as we signed on here to see you, you lit up Tyson two point oh. Last time we saw you in Vegas, you handed me a bag of your mic bites the edibles fantastic.
Speaker 2: I love them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I gotta tell you. I see Aaron Rodgers doing ayahuasca. You were smoking toad venom, You got Tyson two point zero? Tell us what we got to be trying? And what do you recommend for a guy that's open to this?
Speaker 5: Hey, I recommended you try everything?
Speaker 2: Yeah, open your mind.
Speaker 5: Up, you try everything? Yeah?
Speaker 2: What would you say?
Speaker 3: You've learned from your experiences with toad venom and all your experiences that death.
Speaker 5: Is beautiful and death is nothing to be afraid of.
Speaker 2: Is that why you're willing to leave it all in the ring?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I think that's just my personality, but that what I love while mom all of this medicine.
Speaker 5: Was not to be afraid of that.
Speaker 3: You know, that's kind of an interesting statement because a lot of us think about those things right before we're going to sleep, right, some deeper stuff. If you're not afraid of things like that, Mike, from your experiences, what do you think about before you go to bed?
Speaker 2: What sort of stuff runs to your mind?
Speaker 6: Listen, I don't even think about always trying to be the best that could possibly be the best me that could be before I go to bed.
Speaker 3: Well, you're a great dad. We know that you're a great family man. Congrats on your beautiful family. We saw your family on the Netflix special. We saw your daughters a great tennis player. We saw you there supporting your daughter. Is there any other sport Mike Tyson could have competed in besides boxing?
Speaker 5: I don't know. I would like to try tennis. Well, do you ever tennis fans over here?
Speaker 2: Are you any good? Have you tried or no?
Speaker 5: So I tried to hit the ball before? What's so far in the here?
Speaker 3: Oh? Man, imagine Mike in the eighties wearing those little John McEnroe shorts.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like me playing baseball with a tennis racket.
Speaker 3: No, but you're you're such a disciplined guy, right, and you could be great at anything you put your mind to.
Speaker 2: You showed that in boxing.
Speaker 3: Do you think there's another sport you could have been a professional at if you dedicated yourself to that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I had no idea about that.
Speaker 2: No, just boxing?
Speaker 5: Well I knew is boxing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Mike, I'm a big Mets fan.
Speaker 3: And there's a classic picture of you in the eighties with Darryl Strawberry and Doc Goodin, and you know, at the height of what they were doing and what you were doing. What athletes now are you intrigued by? Like, who are you following in the boxing world, NBA football? There other athletes you keep your eye on.
Speaker 5: I'm just I'm just a guy chilling out. I'm not much. I don't watch sports much besides tennis. I don't know.
Speaker 6: Most of the most of the guys that played for that. I know if the athlete a friend of mine, they don't blame anymore.
Speaker 3: So we got to talk about the fight. Mike Tyson's here on the Cavino and Rich Show. What do you have to say to all the critics who say you held back on punches? There was a lot of viral clips. What do you have to say to the critics that brought that up?
Speaker 5: Oh, no, I don't remember to fight that much. That kind of blanked out a little bit.
Speaker 2: Did you watch it back or anything, or no, I'll watch to fight.
Speaker 5: No, I had not.
Speaker 3: Okay, so there was a lot of casual fans. First, I want to thank you again for bringing people together. It was like the nineties all over again. We got together with friends, We had a great night. It was highly entertaining. But then, of course clips go viral. A lot of casual fans speculating there's a few clips where like you're holding back a right hand punch, in my opinion as a fan, to not be exposed so that you don't get hit.
Speaker 2: Is that what was happening in that clip? Or you don't even know.
Speaker 5: Was listening?
Speaker 3: Know what?
Speaker 6: I remember no, coming back from the first round, and then the next day, I remember Jacob doing some kind of I don't know.
Speaker 5: What was he doing? Atter ring?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it'll bow, I remember, dude.
Speaker 3: There was a lot of people online that said that's when you should have hit him, when he was bound.
Speaker 5: Down like that, that's why get married. I was like, what the hell was he doing?
Speaker 2: So it went that quick for you? Yeah, Mike, I was tie you.
Speaker 6: I was a sweaty I went to the hotel. No, I went to the house that we stayed in. I left the house, name my wife, my kid. Then we went to the after party, then we came back.
Speaker 3: So for us, right, it was two minute rounds and it felt really quick. For us, We're like, dang, we wanted more. Is there anything about the fight you would have changed based on the experience.
Speaker 5: Oh, listen, I wouldn't have realized any of it the one three minute round. I didn't realize that question.
Speaker 3: You come down to the ring solo. I can only imagine there were people that wanted to come down to the drink with you. Who wanted to come down to the ring, And why did you choose to have no one with you?
Speaker 5: Hey, listen, someone you said, Mike, is your time to come out? And I just came out. I wouldn't.
Speaker 2: I would assume anyone wanted to come.
Speaker 3: I could assume there was there was celebrity, celebrities. You know, colleagues, you know friends of yours that wanted to be out there, but you did it. We were rooting for you, man, pulling for you so hard. And I know you often say we're fans Mike, you don't care about ego and legacy, But after something like that, do you think it adds to your legacy?
Speaker 2: How do you think you're viewed after this fight?
Speaker 5: Wow? I know that, you know. But the day after the fight, right after the day after, I told my wife why did I do that? I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know what the hell And what was her response, Like, what was your family's response to everything? I can only imagine. I so we saw your great relationship with your daughter, like have you don't said on the Netflix special And by the way, Mike, you're brushing your teeth more net or what working on it? Okay, I saw the great relationship you had as a dad and daughter. It was it cool for your family to see that the public rallied around you so much all these years later. I feel like everyone I knew was just like, come on, let's go, Mike. Everybody you had the world behind you. Is that a cool feeling to know you still had it in your family to see that.
Speaker 5: I'm so happy. I am happy my family for that.
Speaker 6: But we don't normally go around and talk about me fighting, and so I say I'm a fight and then they say, you know, Dad's gonna fight.
Speaker 2: Right, So that was like a different side of them of you for your.
Speaker 5: Like a party for the like going out. But normally, yeah, Dad, he's gonna fight.
Speaker 3: It was a party for everybody. Man Rich and I were buddies in Miami rooting you on. Now, there's been a lot of rumors since the fight. Are there any rumors you'd like to clear up or is there any truth to any of the rumors?
Speaker 2: Is there anything you want to share with the Fox Sports Radio Nation about what's next.
Speaker 5: Real fight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a real fight. What did you think of Jake's power? Man when you were in there?
Speaker 5: I don't remember it, You don't.
Speaker 2: You didn't even remember it.
Speaker 5: I heard, but my body was really sore.
Speaker 2: It was sore the next day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, my body, my chest, my come making stuff was really sore.
Speaker 2: Well, dude, you were you were in great shape. You still look great, Mike.
Speaker 3: Mike Tyson on the Coveno on Rich Show, Speaking of rumors, there was a rumor today that one of your buddies that you fought not too long ago, Roy Jones Junior said that he wants to maybe test it out with Jake Paul and test Jake Paul's chin. He's fifty five years old. You think that Roy Jones Junior can handle something like that?
Speaker 2: You were just there.
Speaker 5: He's bath enough though.
Speaker 6: Yeah, if Roy's training, Roy could still do a lot of stuff. He got to be training.
Speaker 5: Go do they have to be training now?
Speaker 2: Mike da as hard he does. I know he's a big dude.
Speaker 3: Man. Well, you know, years ago you talked about the fighting guts, right, you didn't have the fighting guts years ago to continue going on.
Speaker 2: So what inspired you at fifty eight to do it? Finally?
Speaker 5: I don't know. Just yeah, the fight, Jake, you know, we were talking, We're talking about it for years.
Speaker 2: Let's just do it just for the fun of it, for the excitement of it, and to be part of history.
Speaker 3: I mean, and I'm sure Mike the payday sort of helped out a little bit too, right, I mean, it's it was no.
Speaker 5: Oh no, is that payday is not going to change my lifestyle at all? Well?
Speaker 3: I see is that your house right there? Say you're living in a beautiful place. It looks like you're living large right now watching.
Speaker 5: Them very fortunate. Yeah, thank god, a lot of whack.
Speaker 3: Bow, Mike, of all of all the pop culture moments you brought us, you know, for for guys that earn our age range, the fight you delivered, Mike Tyson's punch out, the Hangover? What are you most shocked by the people remember? Is it the cameo on the Hangover? Is it the video game?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: What do you shock that was as popular as it was with your legacy?
Speaker 5: Well, I think it would be the ass now.
Speaker 3: But you know, Mike, you should come out with an edible Tyson's butt cheeks right so that people can eat it. I like that, like that Tyson's cheeks, sweet cheese, Tyson's sweet cheeks.
Speaker 2: I can see it now. You know Rich will be the first to eat them. Rich probably wants to eat them right now. Rich loves him. You gotta give me like a little small percentage, Mike. It's my idea.
Speaker 3: And you know what we talked to Mike years ago. He said he never Mike, you said you never played the video game. You never played Tyson's punch Out. Ever, that's what you told us years ago.
Speaker 5: Commercials. I wasn't in the games back then, ahead of my time.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know if you're into games now. But my next question was what does Mike Tyson do to keep himself happy? Obviously you have a beautiful family. What brings you the most happiness?
Speaker 2: Now? You had a lot of fun at that fight. It was fun for me.
Speaker 6: What we were talking about that fight was such a bigger sin that we were so up and high the fight boom.
Speaker 5: Wow, I'm kind of depressed a little bit.
Speaker 6: You know, you got to get back in a living situation, back to living where we know could we a fight?
Speaker 5: We're training for it nine months.
Speaker 3: Mike, I saw on the docu series on Netflix that you were saying, no matter where you go, wherever you go, people want to say hi to Mike Tyson. And you said your wife said that if that wasn't the case, you'd hate it. Do you do you go anywhere where someone doesn't recognize you?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: No, yeah, I think my wife said, I probably lose my mind the way they didn't know me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's got to be fun to be by Tyson. Yeah. What is it like, Mike?
Speaker 3: Do you go grocery shopping on your own? I mean you're probably the most recognizable guy on the plant.
Speaker 5: I do everything on my own.
Speaker 6: I would run into a store real quick and buy something come out.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Are you immune to people's reaction because everywhere you go, Like I remember this is years ago. I was on West fifty seventh Street in New York City and I saw Muhammad Ali walking down the street. But what I noticed first was everybody's in and still just watching him, like, oh my goodness, this is Muhammad Ali walking down the street. Do you notice people staring at you? And because that's a thrill for anybody wherever you are.
Speaker 5: Hey, listen, Yeah.
Speaker 6: I had to go to the police station to lift my probation. Officer and I were leaving town. All the police were looking at me.
Speaker 2: Like, wow, see feel great, man.
Speaker 3: That's the legacy that we're talking about. That's important to us because we're such fans Mike, because of Tyson two point zero. I feel like people that smoke weed or enjoy that culture. As Mike lights up right now, Yeah, people say, oh, I want to smoke with Snoop Dogg or Willie Nelson. Is Mike Tyson now on that list of celebrities people want to smoke with.
Speaker 2: Do people come up to you.
Speaker 5: I'm not too exciting when I'm smoking, you know.
Speaker 6: Snoop Snooping pretty exciting and animated when he's smoking.
Speaker 5: But it's good to be around him.
Speaker 2: Are you just you just chill? You more like a sink into the couch and get all deep.
Speaker 5: Oh, I'm just listen. I like to listen.
Speaker 3: Who was the coolest guy you smoked with? Your favorite guy you smoked with or woman?
Speaker 5: Nobody cooler the Snoop?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's gotta be an experience. Hey, what would have happened? We were at your ranch one time, right and you were smoking out at your ranch. We were just so happy to be there, just taking it all in. But there was a part of us that sort of wanted to join in a little circle just to say we smoked with you. Would that have been overstepping if we jumped in.
Speaker 5: That's what you did, smoke.
Speaker 2: We blew it hotly, blew the opportunity because.
Speaker 5: We want to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we kind of wanted to. Hey Mike, we saw you another time in Vegas. You were doing your podcast. Tell us about like that journey that venture. Do you like broadcasting? Do you like doing podcasting?
Speaker 6: This is something that's funny. My wife got me into this stuff. Yeah, I'm not that crazy, but I do it, love it crazy. I'm very good at it.
Speaker 3: Yes, I was just gonna say that. And your your one man's show, Like, are we gonna see more of that? Because you said it? You have the post fight blues right now, right, so what is that next thing you're going to dive into?
Speaker 2: Man, otherwise you're gonna get bored.
Speaker 5: Well, we're working on that right now. We do my new shows coming out a nextflick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you aren't. You're great at it, man, So even if you don't like it, for your fans. I think you gotta do it now. I feel like, Mike, what about because I feel like when I see the podcast you love to have deep conversations. Have you ever thought about just sitting down with other fighters and celebrities and having like deep conversations.
Speaker 2: Is that sort of what what a TV show might be?
Speaker 6: Not necessarily the deep conversation, but it's explaining to somebody that what's your existence?
Speaker 5: Who you are?
Speaker 3: Hey, Mike, you ever sit down with Neil deGrasse Tyson? I feel like the other Tyson. I mean, that guy's pretty deep.
Speaker 5: You know that nothing else isn't they?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Tyson and Tyson, that's a good show, Tyson and Tyson. Hey, Mike, I know one of your heroes growing up was Roberto Durant, Right, Yeah, Now, from today's perspective, these one thirty five forty guys, do you think any of those dudes have the same fighting guts like of the Devin Haines, Tank Davis's, Ryan Garcia's, Tia Fimo's of that.
Speaker 6: We can overlook those guys. Those guys a tough guy, they're just different eraors.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you have a favorite of all those young guys? You keep your hair to that a little bit or just heavyweights.
Speaker 6: No, they're all the station of too. I think Ryan and Devon should fight again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree with that.
Speaker 5: Uh, that was a good fighting, man, That was a good one.
Speaker 3: Do you still make a night of it. Let's say it's a big fight coming up, right, what's it like for you? How do you enjoy the fight? Because you gave us all these opportunities, all these memories you sold us on boxing in the nineties. For me, it was Julio S. Sarchavez, Mike Tyson. You know, you'd get a pay per view, you'd have friends and family over. What's the like if there's a good fight and you're interested, how do you party? Do you invite people over your house?
Speaker 6: Do you I try to go to the fight if possible, but we're not going to the fight. People just come over the house as I go with someone's house.
Speaker 2: Mike.
Speaker 3: I've seen you at fights where when they put you on the big screen, you get the biggest applause of all. Does that make you feel good? Because it's got to right? They go around the crowd when they go to Mike Tyson, the crowd goes nuts. Is that is that the respect you feel uh you've earned over the years.
Speaker 5: Hey, I'm just very grateful, that's all.
Speaker 6: I'm very I'm becoming familiar with the acting gratitude.
Speaker 3: You know, we were talking about other fights. You got Fury Usik coming up at the end of the month, the rematch Fury Usik too. Any thoughts on that because I know you have connections with Tyson.
Speaker 2: Fury could have won that fight.
Speaker 5: He wasn't playing around early in the fight.
Speaker 2: I agree that fight. So do you think he's got the second one?
Speaker 5: I want him to have. I want him to be serious enough.
Speaker 2: You know, I know you like him.
Speaker 3: But how did you get in Ghanu's corner against him? I always thought that was interesting too, because Fury looks up to you so much. Did you feel bad going against him?
Speaker 5: I don't even know how that happened, But I don't know how the hell that had them?
Speaker 3: Well, Mike uh Tyson two point zero Mike Tyson dot com. People could support all the stuff you're doing, any of any other stuff, any other stuff going on right now?
Speaker 2: You got the Netflix thing in the works.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm doing the Nextflix One Man's Show and do a movie again. You know, God willing you know the sky the limits.
Speaker 2: Nice man.
Speaker 3: Well, the next time we're in Vegas, hopefully bump into you and we could take you up on that. Maybe have some mic bites together, some meedibles. No sweet cheeks, Mike sweet I believe Mike sweet cheeks, and then the tagline is everybody's eating them.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to get in on that.
Speaker 4: Mike.
Speaker 2: We'll see you what Vegas. I'll hang man, let's.
Speaker 5: Money.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Hey, Mike, I want to thank you for everything.
Speaker 3: Congrats on your career, on being a better person, thank you, thank you for your time. Just thank you and thanks with all the joy A bought us. Mike, have a great one, Mike Tyson. Mike Tyson, there he is.
Speaker 2: I iron Mike. That was a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: So I'm glad we got to uh share that with you guys here on the Dan Patrick Show Cave.
Speaker 2: You know on Rich filling in Christmas Eve. You think you'll get some Mike sweet cheeks and your stocking this year or no?
Speaker 3: You know what I as I said in the interview, he is on that list now with Snoop Dogg and Willie Nelson. You know, people that are into that culture would want to smoke with Mike.
Speaker 2: A few reminders.
Speaker 3: We play Mike Tyson Trivia every Tuesday on our regular show five to seven, giveaway prizes all the time, Fake broke, Mike Tyson stops by, so join us for that. And if you cut the tail, do you want to hear Mike Tyson again? We're gonna air a seven minute sort of condensed version of that tomorrow at a regular time five to seven on the East. Covino and Rich Danny g put a quick best stuff together for tomorrow and we just posted instead of the Yule Log this year.
Speaker 2: This is fantastic.
Speaker 3: If you go to at Covino and Rich on Twitter, on x on Instagram, at Covino and Rich instead of the Yule log, how.
Speaker 2: About you just light one up with Mike Tyson.
Speaker 3: It just essentially b roll of Mike before and after the interview. And while he was just small talk with us, he's just sitting there smoking and giggling. Why watch the ju log when you can watch Mike lid It's so festive. You can start your holiday right now at Covino and Rich. And we got more CNR in for Dan Patrick. The Dan Patrick Patrick on FSR.
Speaker 1: Next be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio wap M.
Speaker 3: Happy Holidays from Covino and Rich and for Dan Patrick, Day two of the Unnatural Dan Patrick Holiday hat Trick. We won't be here tomorrow, but we'll be back on Thursday and then regular time moving forward.
Speaker 2: We're normally on five.
Speaker 3: To seven on the East two to four on the West Side, Live from La Merry Christmas, Happy, Happy Chanooka, as Smoky Robinson said, Happy Chanuoka, Happy honekah say that club ja still Yeah, it's ridiculous. Smoky Robinson was asked to do a cameo. Remember, like they get celebrities, you know, you get Smoker Robinson, And someone asked, Smoky Robinson, can you do one of those cameos wish my family a happy Hanukah? And he's like, I like to wish everyone a happy chanookah. He goes, I don't know what chanooka is, but I hope you have a good one. And we're like, what He's never seen that spelling before, but happy chinooka and had a great day and happy holidays from our dysfunctional family to yours again, we're Covino and Rich and remember the best way to celebrate this holiday season isn't the Yule log. It's Mike Tyson lighting up a big fat blunt and it's on our Instagram right now as we speak at Covino and Rich. Everything on ig X at Covino and Rich. Thanks again to Mike Tyson.
Speaker 2: It's b roll.
Speaker 3: When he was waiting for the interview to start, he was just lighting up and giggling and giggling and laughing. And that is our you know, season's greeting to you and speaking of sports related Christmas gifts and Mike Tyson, Rich, Mike Thomas hit us up and Jim Ramsey said, what about the rock 'em sock 'em robots growing up?
Speaker 2: That was a big one. That was a good one.
Speaker 3: And if you missed any of our show today, guys, catch a podcast just search Covino and Rich. And thanks again for chilling out with us tomorrow on Christmas. My wife wants to make like a big roast. She's done the roast beast spot. You've been over our house? What what is what is it exactly called? Is it?
Speaker 2: It's not a primary is it's it was one hundred and fifty dollars piece of ass.
Speaker 4: Like I was like, what humble brug good?
Speaker 2: That's how much meat costs. My wife's like, do you not like it's a it's the biggest piece of rack of lamb?
Speaker 3: Is it? No? But my wife's like, do you want to get And this is not an ad by the way, She's like, do you want to go get a trigger later today and.
Speaker 2: And prepare it that way tomorrow.
Speaker 7: I've been encouraging you to get some type of since you purchased your house how many years ago?
Speaker 2: Two years now?
Speaker 7: You have a beautiful backyard, beautiful space. You've been there, you've seen it. It's got a pool, patio, great awning. Two years it's been four years. Oh yeah, we talking about three years actually your instruction. Yeah, you should have like a five years ago man uh man cave out there and like smokers and.
Speaker 3: Tragers and that's our whole thing. She's like, do you want to go buy one today? But do you experiment on Christmas cooking?
Speaker 2: Isn't that the day? You don't experiment when you like?
Speaker 7: But maybe you know to mention those things take time. You've never smoked a piece of meat in your life. Now you're all of a sudden you're gonna be like, oh, you don't even know what like wood chips to get? How long are you smoking meats?
Speaker 3: I do?
Speaker 5: I love smoking meat?
Speaker 2: How to like season it? How to rub it? So I love rubbing smoked meat. So she got to smack it up, flip it, rub it down.
Speaker 3: So if you're gonna smoke some meat for the holidays, you have any advice at rich Davis and again Atkavin on Riches the Iron mic h at the Yule How.
Speaker 7: About your plan ahead better? So you want to buy you want to get a smoker and go to the mall on Christmas Eve.
Speaker 2: I think that's my plan.
Speaker 3: When you fill in for Damn Patrick, you've done at nine am. Let's go by the way two big games tomorrow. NFL decided to just say, hey, step aside every other sport. We now want to own Christmas, which is such a such a baller move when you really think about what a move that is. You got Mariah singing all I want for Christmas is you kicking off that early game Chiefs at Steelers, And then we talked about it before I know that Lamar Jackson wants to watch Beyonce at halftime. Ravens Texans, that your late game. I have a teaser bet that I want to do. If that's cool with you, Yeah, it's your for tomorrow. DraftKings. You could use Kak Patrick for Dan or use ours see our show Draft Kings Sportsbook. I sort of like, I know some people say teasers or suckers bets.
Speaker 2: Call me a sucker.
Speaker 3: Then, because you got the Ravens favored by six over the Texans, tease that down to nothing. So just you know, money line that action and then if you want to go Chiefs, take it from minus two and a half to lost three and a half where you got the Chiefs as a three and a half point underdog.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but keep in mind, I really don't even feel like playing on Christmas Day.
Speaker 3: Side away, Patrick mahomes here, I just want to say, I'd rather be eating some roast beas chilling out with the fam. Are you smoking the roast beast or are you putting in the oven? I put ketch up on my roast beast. I don't know if everybody does that, but so I'm going Chiefs Ravens. You can do moneyline parlay, or you could do teaser bet your choice. But I don't see the Steelers or the two home teams not winning.
Speaker 2: That's what I feel.
Speaker 3: I will see you guys, have a great Christmas, or even there chee baby, see you in the promise line.
Speaker 2: God Bye,