Speaker 1: You are listening to the Daily Best of the Rick Burgers Show. Hey, catch the entire show wherever you get podcasts, or watch us live and archived on YouTube. And subscribers can watch the Daily Best of the Rick Burgers Show on Blaze TV. Thanks for watching and listening, and be sure to follow us on social media for more from the whole gang at the Rick Burgess Show. How out of America are you ready? How about Mississippi said, Hey, Birch, We're ready for all five hours. Let's go. Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport Ready. Hobo Otter from Hell County's ready. Brge, Washington State is ready, Arkansas Swim Team is ready. Collinwood, Tennessee. The Valley Cubs in Alexandria are ready. The Foxes and Alabaster are ready. Power Line Crew Greg and Date Well, they're ready, y Glenn Boe Little peanut Man Greg, They're ready. Jones Burrow, Arkansas Ready, Hello America, Welcome to another Rick Burgess Show. Detroit just ready, Louisville Ready, Beautiful Destin, Florida Ready, Zach the trash Man is ready. Trenton, Georgia. Somebody getting married there today. They're ready. Ge appliance. We see you. Let's go Arkansas more Arkansas born in today, Hello America. That's another Rick Burgess show. Glad you're here. So much to do as you heard from the voice of the legendary Ken Osborn Speedy, Greg and Adler also here, uh and watching all of you coming in on the text next you and saying we're ready to roll, always encouraging. Yeah. Does to fire you up? To say yes? There, to fire you up about ready? Huh huh, Heyler, Buddy, Okay and there Buddy, he's nodding Henybuddy, fish dead. He's got this. He had that look on like Chen may be dead.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: I was going like, yeah, okay, so's dead.
Speaker 2: You wish was dead because you're sick.
Speaker 1: And we got a lot to unpact today. Boy, got a lot to impact. Uh So in the in the political world, we know that from our home state of Alabama, that it's official now that Tuberville and is not going to run for Senate again. He's gonna he's gonna run for governor. Correct, So that's official. That's done. So how do you feel about Tubraville as a senator. You don't have to worry about that much. Longer. Some of you thought he fought a good fight, some of you not so much. Whatever the case may be, that's over, yep, and he will then we'll decide are the people of Alabama will decide which were four of those, whether he's a good choice for governor, and we'll go from there. But now that means that Senate seat is about to open up. That's right, and we have the word it's already out. But Jared Hudson, who's been on the program before with Covenant Rescue, former Navy seal, is going to drop by today and throw his hat in the ring. Yes, so Hudson for Alabama dot Com. So we'll we'll talk to him today and we'll see where he is. And you know, he and I had a private conversation about it, which I guess we can talk about now. And I heard how he and his wife were working through it, praying about it, and so we'll talk to him about that coming up a little bit later on. So that that's there other things going on, of course in that world. We'll update you on kind of where the big beautiful Bill is. That's an interesting to b BB. That was interesting I thought yesterday if you missed it. We had Scott jennings On from CNN. We talked about that with him a little bit too, and I thought he shed some really good logical light on that. Between the disagreements on the right of exactly how the Big Beautiful Bill should go, including Elon Musk and the President, I thought he I thought, he said, hey, they just need to sit down, and he needs to listen to Elon. Elon needs to listen to him. They don't need to get into some kind of, you know, riff over this. I heard, it's too important that they continue to work together.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: I heard Trump's response, I don't know if you did a day or so ago, and I thought it was it was surprising, to be honest with you, because he said, no, I get it.
Speaker 1: I understand.
Speaker 3: He said, there's things in the bill I don't like, he said, but we have to compromise.
Speaker 1: He there's things in.
Speaker 3: The bill I really really like that are beautiful. That's why it's called the Big Beautiful Bill, right, saying it like but he goes, no, I get it, he said, and I feel like we can compromise, get some things in there, and and maybe even do some amendments to it.
Speaker 1: Or whatever.
Speaker 3: But he his response wasn't you know, because normally it's I'm gonna go after somebody that's criticized, and that's what I was afraid was to have. But it didn't seem like that. And then with it in e line put out on X that is his he's stepping down from doze and it was his scheduled uh, stepping down or something like that. So but the media is trying to play it out like they're in a fight. So that's why he's stepping down. According to Elon in the post, we can read it. I will have it later, so it'll be interesting to say it.
Speaker 1: I'll play Yeah, So we won't do a lot of that. Like I say that, one of the commitments we made in starting this this new endeavor is, you know, we felt like that there was a toward the end of the Rick and Bubbo years, we were getting a little almost like you know, seventy five percent political, you know, twenty five percent lifestyle and funny. And of course now we want to flip that and be seventy five eighty five percent lifestyle, funny, you know, twenty five to you know, twenty percent update you on what's going on in the world, So we will drop that in. But that that wet bogged down there today, but we'll we'll definitely give you.
Speaker 3: The update I did I did hear that and because yeah, and I heard him chuckle after he said it.
Speaker 1: He could be big or it could be beautiful. But it can't be both. No, it can't. You know, when you when you're talking about government, we none of us like the word big. I don't like big government now, uh, and I agree with Elon Musk on that. So so we'll update you on that going forward. Also, if you missed the Scott Jennings interview yesterday the beautiful thing about speaking of beautiful uh technology today, you can go back and grab that in the archives. Adler got that done for you. Does that every day. You'll catch that on the podcast channel or our YouTube channel, whichever you prefer if you missed it or just want to see it again. Uh. Also uh uh you know what we talked about gutter gate over at at our house. You had some folks lined up never never call. Yeah. Well it goes back to this again, and I hope some of you understand this, and we talked about this, you know, back in the three decades of Rick and Bubb. But we don't really honestly, because I know a lot a lot of it is not overly entertaining unless there's something you know, any of us into rest is entertaining. But I want you to know that we try on stuff like this to stay out of the show with it and just handle it, but don't go on it. I mean, when you used the show, it works. And as soon as I mentioned this on the show yesterday, I had probably five different companies, some of them not meaning even in my own states. So we'll saw that today. And so I just it just kind of went with whoever got there first, and if I kind of knew who was connected, and you sent me somebody, and I will tell you that Braiden, Reuben Boy, Braiden Braiden. See this is Braiden is what's great about America. Braiden was like not only and I kept even thinking that Braiden was just the contact. It was his company, and I don't have any connection to Braiden that whatever. I paid for it, just like everybody else. Okay, but it was interesting because I said, hey man, he said, here's how much it'll cost. Let's go. I thought it would be get back in a few days. He says, well, I'm here right now. You want to just do it now? I said, yeah, come on, do it now. That's all so And then I go, hey, who do I need to settle up with? And he goes, well, I'm here. I'm like what you're You're on the ladder. I'm on the ladder man, I'm doing it. I am the one. And I was like, okay. So I get home and Braiden's climbing all over the house and getting it done and gave me a reasonable price, and I said, thank you very much. He did an outstanding job knocked out yesterday. That now everybody else has left me hanging for weeks, not returning claiming I'm gonna come by and give an ask, but never hear from them. Hey, get in line, Hey, it'll be five be five weeks before we want to give you an estimate. And Braiden got in there, did a masterful job and got it knocked out and got it done. That's good, that's good, just before the some more rain gets here. Yes, and even let us know that one of our gutters may be damaged. Oh damaged gutter? Well, yeah, we have a lot of storms.
Speaker 3: We did a lot of things things, how did the how did the gut the gut or cleaning braiden. What's his stance on these guards that they put over, Because I've heard good things and bad.
Speaker 1: Things, and that's exactly what he said. What is it? He said, here's what he said. He said, you've heard about well he said, he said, it's all about where where you live, Okay, And he said, and where you live bird, which is sweet Home, Alabama. He said, our rain is so torrential when it comes. You know, these afternoon thumbstorms that dump inches at a time, like like just pouring, pouring, pouring. He said that those shields don't do you to good. He said, you're still gonna have water problems because it's just too much water. He said, Now, if you've got light rain, you know, normal rain, they do great, he said, but this is these after these gully washers that come through. He said, it's gonna there's only somebody se can do. So he was like, he was like it it's not awful. But if you think your stand of all your problems, that's that's that's a little delusional as well. Yeah, So well it's just done though, So Sherry's happy. Yep, she's happy. That's always happy. That's all that matters. Yeah, I don't smile, I said, well, got that, doe. I walked out too when my Phillips said, my crush at wrench and apparently there's nothing for me to do. Is the Rick Burgess show Fast Growing Trees. Jerry and I were just talking about this. You know, He's been kind of amazed at how handy I've become. And so a lot of you that that are that are out there dealing with plants right now? Oh my goodness, how many? How many of you that your house just be honest, your house is where plants go to die. Well before fast Growing Trees, my hands, my hand will be up right now. You know what a lot of it? You know why a lot of times plants and trees die because we don't know what we're doing. I know it's hard to come of that, that realization, but uh, the beautiful thing about Fast Growing Trees dot Com is they're going to send the trees and the plants directly to you. So no, I'm not at the nursery. No I don't have a bunch of buckets in my car. But now the dirts turned over. No, I'm not having to get No, they're not having to do any of that. The plants come directly to you and then what they're experts and you have access to them, full access for them to say, all right, let's talk about the climate where you live, let's talk about the soil, let's talk about shade. And here are the plants in trees that you should be ordering. You want your dream yard. They make it easy. They have their alive and thrive guarantee guarantees. It ensures your plants arrive happy and healthy. And the plant experts are there. They'll call you can call them. They'll help you plan the landscape, choose the right plants, and learn how to take care of them. It's all done. Now let's get down to let's get down to business. What are we talking. I tell what we're talking an additional fifteen percent off and they have some deals right now that are up to half off on selected plants and other deals. So our listeners get fifteen percent off the code rick at checkout Rick Fast Growing Trees dot com. The code Rick Now it's a perfect time to plant. Use the code Rick and save today offered is valid for a limited time. Terms and conditions may apply.
Speaker 3: Can't I say something yesterday you announced that Men Don't Run in the Rain is on Audible now, and that was a big deal.
Speaker 1: That's a big and in the audible in the audio book world, they are the walking Dog. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have two updates. Hoby was fired up. We knew somewhere, Hob Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And the the other thing is my dad you talk about big beautiful Hoby. Yeah, But anyway, go ahead. My dad's excited and he said, hey, is that something I can listen to on CD? And and so I'm gonna work with him on that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he said.
Speaker 3: You know, he has a little CD player besides his recliner that he likes to. Well, yeah, it trying to see and navigate through that. He's just cut and dry and wants the CD. So but I'm gonna work with him on that and how to how to how to get it to where he can listen to the CD.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I thought you would be in your team. Well, let me tell you what. If you know, there's been a lot of people that have been kind enough to to to c D to read the book, right, have been kind enough to do this. And there are people, there's a list of them that when they say I'm gonna give it a gander, You're like, Okay, that's big. If I can get John Wilburn to to to give me his assessment of the book, it'll mean the world. Get it on CD is a challenge. Yeah, I'm gonna be up there Saturday. You got a uh. I do, but not with me. It's at home in the closet.
Speaker 3: I'm like, Greg, I had some old equipment, like the old combo v c R CD CD burning.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I'm not throwing those things away. You never know.
Speaker 3: No, I do have it. I don't think I'm gonna be able to burn it to a D. But we're gonna work on how he can he can listen to it.
Speaker 1: There's a way to do it. Yeah, there he is.
Speaker 3: And we'll make a couple of easy steps. And he likes to get up really early and have his devotional and and have his his coffee and and I think that's before mom gets up. That maybe could help him get that going.
Speaker 1: Uh. But we'll you know what I was thinking now to help me and maybe Adler can chime here. He may know more y'all help me. Could he use one of these the voice activated since it's on audible, Hey, so and so, yes, start something something, let me hear men, don't run in the round on audible. Yeah, maybe that's it a voice activating. Now I'm stepping out. It's not my world. We'll work on that.
Speaker 3: I just said, right, maybe, yeah, yeah, I could. I could ask my assistant here. I won't say it, so I don''t you know, Hey, can you start this app and see what happens?
Speaker 2: But you can use Alexa and Siri tons.
Speaker 1: We're gonna go through it. Dad, we got it. We're doing it, mister, we're doing it. Uh.
Speaker 3: But also with Hobe, you brought something up yesterday because they said.
Speaker 1: It's got Alexa built in that app? Does oh yeah? Does it? Well? I have an extra at the house. Huh. I wonder if I said Syria work too. Did you say that to yeah? Probably working?
Speaker 2: Say play audible or played my book in audible.
Speaker 1: I call it we go.
Speaker 3: I call a little boom box. But you know that the old boom boxes that are portable you plug in, but portable, but had the little CD player on the top that the door would open.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he has one. He has one that says posides.
Speaker 3: And that's how matter of fact, it has a radio on it. Uh, and that's how he's listening now to the river.
Speaker 1: I hate to see CDs go away product product.
Speaker 3: So but maybe that maybe getting an Alexa and put it right there in addition to that, and it can just he can just tell it.
Speaker 1: Hey, start, you know, and then we'll work through it will work through that. Then you got the other end of the spectrum. Greg, I know how you are. You don't listen to the books. You read them. You like to read. It's called a book. Yeah, yeah, does it matter to you that you had the paperback? And now do you want do you do you just to hardcover? Me more to you now? Or yeah I'm a hardcover guy. Okay, yeah, you know, I'm sure he would love to read. He just can't. Yeah, well we got Yeah, we understand that some might not. Yeah, I'm just saying, but it's really not like an audiobook. It's not a book. It's a basically podcast es, basically a podcasts. But if you're blind, Greg is, sure's good to have it. Yeah, yeah, you're making fund the blind again, I'm not Dad, I'm sorry watch it. Greg's wattled with the blinde. You say that you came up. I understand those that aren't able. You know, let me go ahead more than you, because it's gonna get in your head too, if you ever decided to listen to the audio version. Uh huh, and and and that one right there, and I'm pointed. Greg, he ruins everything. He ruins everything. So I thought, you know, I thought, I'm gonna put this on just to see how it went. Well, I'm now picking up on things of me reading it that Greg's gonna make fun. I can't win. It's like things jump out, I said in the way I said that because I was trying to the nunciate work because we chew words up. Oh yeah, they open your mind. That kept telling me to open my mouth and Southerners don't. And Greg's gonna make fun. Well, I'm probably I won't listen to it because I'll read it. That's right, you've already read it, Greg, Yeah, I'm gonna read it again. I'm reading the hardback verse into there's a there might be a few things of the hardcover, some edits, because when we put out those paperbacks, they were just for the conferences. Because we wanted to have it available and that one was not the final edit. So the hardcover it'll be it's gonna be the same thing. But you'll know there's some things the sept for things that my thought that are still wrong. That's the old single. Let that go by the way. The second printing. They're fixing that from them, But trying to trying to help people. What about death people if they have a translator, listen to the audio while signing to the death person Greg, they can read. Deaf people can What if they couldn't have that access to a book, kidd?
Speaker 2: Death people can read?
Speaker 1: Can you know how they get real animated when they do? But deaf people can read. I'm talking about the ones where you're doing a song. I'm talking about you know what you're hearing about it.
Speaker 2: We know what you're talking about, but just show.
Speaker 1: Hey, can I just tell you this, The fight's not over. I know things are going pretty well on the conservative side and we get all fired up and we say, hey, we got this. Uh, don't do that. How many times in our lives have we been told, hey, just because you're you're winning the game, you got to play all the way to the end. You don't stop, you keep going, you keep pressing. Now more than ever, you need Blaze TV wine. We need to know what's going on, and you do really think the legacy media is can go well, Okay, great, the conservative stuff seems to be winning, So let's all go back to journalism. That's not going to happen. That ship has sailed. If you want investigative journalism, you better have Blaze TV and you can get the content on demand on any device. We're talking about bold content. We're talking about creators who think for themselves. We're talking about those that refuse to be silenced by big tech. Not gonna happen. You're gonna get the truth there. We're talking about investigative journalism. We're talking about documentaries that get down in that deep state and shine some light. So if you'd like it delivered on your terms on any device anytime, you need to subscribe to Blaze TV. There's even Rick Burgess Show content there well as well. BlazeTV dot com slash Rick. Subscribe today and we'll give you twenty dollars off an annual plan, which is about eight dollars a month. Okay, so BlazeTV dot com slash Rick now more than ever, Blaze TV, unfiltered, unafraid, and owned demand. All right, So I want you guys to know, because we made a decision in January that the budget just could not support us buying just breakfast every day from a restaurant. We had a restaurant that provided it, and they realized it was too expensive to do that. Sweet, wonderful people. We love the people there and they're they're good to us and they continue to be good to us. But that particular arrangement wasn't working for anyone. Well, I love your the ruler.
Speaker 3: You know, on one end it's wasteful spending and on the other end it's nickel and diamond. That was waste, wasteful spinning. So as far as we're grown, we can handle our own breakfast. But man, that was nice because it was nice, it was expensive. We've got to run the numbers and we're in our old place and the place we got for always.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's another one of those things, you know, we say, guys, Hey, thanks Joe Biden. Yeah, the process went up on everything and everything just unbelievable. Maybe maybe Trump can get it back down that we can start affording that that again, but it didn't make sense. Now I keep being told of how great it was, and it was great. So now and Greg, pardoners for this. I know this bothers you. You made it clear when we first started this year that you don't you don't really like this commitment to try and do a little bit better. You get ill about it. We overdo it. Yeah, and if a blind person was trying to do better and you imagine there you'all go. But yeah, Greg, the only person that's created a scenario where a deaf person can't read, Yeah, we got Helen Keller. Who else? No, I'm not saying I can't read? But what if they reade a place where they's say, books weren't available there anything place a deaf person is found a place where books are not available and now they need to sign and they have and so someone signs the audiobook to them while listening to read it, and they're real animated when they do it, like at a concert, yeah, which I don't know about them concert people doing that. So I'm at a concert and I'm deaf, and I got to have a translator, but because the concert is heart cheap, but I guess you can feel the base though, you can in that person's energy. How are they going? And again that's different than the ones who signed that. It's not intended for deaf people. It's just for everybody. Well, Greg, and now we also have to go in there. And it's also different for those people who can't sign and somewhere somehow find their way on stage. Yeah, now that that's happened to you that at the Mandela Big Deal leaders believable may be the best. Gracious. So if if you would like to leave the room, if you'd like to just sit silent, I'd like to discuss our ongoing battle to get the proper things here for breakfast. Okay, And you've made it clear how I look. At my point is this bunch I can't take serious when they have it. Look, why we got to overdue things. We're not overdoing any Yeah we do. I'll tell you one bite or something. I'm good, gosh, settled down. One buy it don't hurt you. I know I know that, Greg. But we bread. We need no one hears y'all when that attack bread, Yeah, that's eating bread first while they're lying they've done more than that. Yeah, I don't believe that you can just quit eating bread and all of a sudden you've lost fifty pounds. I believe that. Of course, you know, Jesus said, talk about bread a lot. I like bread called itself bread. Yeah, here you go, because there was a little different bread, I mean, but still still so I would I would just like to say to you, Speedy and you Adler, not you Greg, that I you know, because we're all trying to do a little bit better, and you know, and we talked to people you know in nutrition that that that try to help us. Greg. They know what they're doing. They know what they're doing, and I'm not promoting just being unhealthy. Y'all. Y'all go too far with that, okay, all right? Type two? So so we we uh not necessarily you got the sugar, So Speedy, I want I want you to know that I talked to trainer Sean Oh and he's also known as his Daddy, and he said, he said, here's some things y'all need to add to what y'all doing for breakfast. And then he said, I hate to tell you this because I know it didn't make any sense for the restaurant or y'all on an every day. But what y'all were eating was perfect, was perfect, And he said, so you got to find it perfect. And what you're missing out on he said, need to do better with protein? And he said, he said, that makes you suggestion, some suggestions some protein you can add. That's watch watch Greg's face because you know I do food journals for him to look at. So, uh journal, I didn't know that I got a food Why don't do it all the time. So I got a sleep chart. I don't have a sleep chart. That's speedy. I gotta sleep. If you want to fight, we can. So what do you what? So what do you? I mean? That's just so when I went to the grocer times a year and eight during the day, I don't do that. Why I went to Uh And by the way, I've got a vision board too that our Haystacks, my roommate from college. Yeah. So he looked at some picture I had from Memorial whatever. Of course he's like another nemesis. All he did on the picture. And it's the only nickname I've ever had for some reason, he nicknamed me jig and Jiggy and so he all he says, he pulls the picture I guess he saw it somewhere. You're you're clearly flexing in this picture, Jiggy flexing, flexing. I'm not flexing and and flexing. Yeah, he was like, you're flexing this picture, Jiggy, And I said, no, I think I'm just jacked. Of course he hated that. Yeah. Uh, anyway, so this is funny. So I got so, I added some protein. I got something funny. God, after Greg makes for somebody else, I'll take you. No, I can't take him serious because we used to go work out a lot. Oh yeah, at the old place, and he made fun of us about it. But you'ah going do it, bet and give you in every way too ninety He made fun of hush, remember now you do? I remember. So I can't have a hard time getting past that when he's telling me to make a food journy. I know we Greg, you know what. You know why I stopped doing it because God said that I was wrong. Yeah, okay, the gods.
Speaker 2: Well that's what God.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, you know me, that's about the way you give me. I look, act of God?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 1: But you're taking him rich? I battle him every day. Yeah, I'm doing a little bit better. And that's hard. It's hard in that food world. I ballied him every day. O you think, oh Rick won't getting away of a help playing well? Just quit eating bread? How did you lose the weight?
Speaker 2: An act of God?
Speaker 1: Exactly right? Did I tell you the time Cherry said that in silenced the room? There's somebody Cherry was there and I didn't know about it. I went there and they told me about it. They were like, hey, what I noticed Rick finally tried to do something bad? What was it that finally? What was the turning punks? I know it's hard. He's try to think and Shrey goes when he got when he realized that what he was doing was sin and they were like, oh, okay, well that's one Yeah, that's one way to look at it. But anyway, so here comes Greg. I know what he's gonna say without even go ahead, go ahead and go what. I was talking to Hoby yesterday.
Speaker 2: Have any friends?
Speaker 3: And we had just finished working out something. Greg doesn't do anymore, right, Hobe, But I don't go to him for every We were actually just we were just having a conversation.
Speaker 1: Wan Hobi. He's like Yoda. Greg claims he's going to work out tomorrow. I thought you were doing better with your own way. Why do you this? So he needs to do weights? He can run all day he needs he's looking do them. I ain't doing them now?
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 1: Because I don't want to. I don't want to. Early give me ten. Yeah, that left side was gonnact up. That's going her. I can't do. That's why I can't even go with you. He claims he's going Friday.
Speaker 2: He got nervous shoes in your neck. Greg, you got to fix your nervous in your neck, buddy. It's not your shoulders. You know that.
Speaker 1: Greg. You talked to hob me about it. It's funny.
Speaker 3: We were walking to the car after a workout and he said, hey, I've I realized I need more protein.
Speaker 1: I got taken prot He just just hiting me. He needs more, Yeah somewhere And I was thinking not getting a lot of protein, and and and there's some things here that Greg likes. Greg. I like you. You like chicken. I love chicken. You like fish. It's okay. You like eggs. I love eggs. Yes, you like nuts. Fifty eight years old and I still get tiggled. It's sweet talking about I mean those things are called nuts. By the way, peanuts almost those are in the nut family. Well, you can say nuts. And but when he did it, I couldn't do it.
Speaker 2: I couldn't go I like nuts.
Speaker 1: I couldn't know which tells you? That tells you that that but here's what that chows you. Here's what that shows you. That campaign won. They took that away. I can't use it. Sweet potatoes, you don't really. I don't like sweet patao. I like, I can work through it if I have brown rice. I like brown rice. Vegetables some I know you love avocados that say. I keep hearing how great the avocado is. Yeah, but I really have trouble with it. You really. I don't like the texture both and it's got a texture problem. Yeah, but Jami may be good. But like I said, I've told you what it looks like. Yes you have, thank you now I wanted. Okay, we got it, Greg, we got it. We know Greg. Every time every time somebody puts it on the table. A last season of GA, yeah, I don't bring you see one time I thought that it was gonna turn into nothing. I know he put him in everything. I mean, he would have an avocado. I love he had one strapped in and with a seat belt on.
Speaker 2: And then Greg eating, and Greg will say walk up to you and say, you know what.
Speaker 1: It's not a good looking but Hobe.
Speaker 3: He's not a certified trainer like Sean. Uh, but we were just it was funny we're having that conversation.
Speaker 1: No face, would you do me favor? Go in there and take pictures of what I brought in and send it to Hobey. Let me tell you this Hobe has been at least five kicks that since I've known it.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you know, no face died. There's some count by numbers something we were No face die. He doesn't eat anything with a face.
Speaker 1: Thanks tried a little bit. You need to be the face diet is what it should be. I mean, he doesn't need chicken because that's got a narrow face. Yeah, he's got an air face like Greg chicken theaters. Have you been to see Last Rodeo yet? The Last Rodeo is an outstanding movie. Neil McDonough. You know he's a great actor. I mean he's one of those actors. Every time he's in something you want to see it. And he's really great in this playing the the aging retired rodeo legend straps in for one last ride, risking it all for here's speeding Greg gonna go to tear you know why? He does it for his grandson. So uh, if you haven't seen it yet, go get your tickets now at angel dot com, slash Rick, Angel dot com, slash Rick. Grab your seats for the Last Rodeo. Uh in theaters now? Uh that's Angel dot com slash Rick, and you will be emailing me or calling the show saying thank you for pointing me to this great movie. Don't miss the Last Rodeo. Make America Healthy Again. It looks like it has had an impact on Skittles. I don't know where where is there by own Skittles. I don't hate them, but I can live with that skittle guy. I don't know skittles, never been a skittle guy. I like that type of Can you love Skittles.
Speaker 2: Purple bag as a kid? I man, I've got um dioxide going through my veins right now.
Speaker 1: Settle down. Is that what's keeping you liking?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 1: Short of breath? Yes? Okay, so Mars Wrigley apparently they're they're the skittle folks. The e merged. They're forced to change Skittle's recipe after r. F K Junior and his bomb shell report. They said that after hearing him try to explain the problem to ask could he just write it? Uh So anyway, he's he's linked. He's linked their ingredient to cancer risk. Uh And they have quietly until today when we announced it on the show, had the recipe reformulated because of this health report. Now, this is problematic. It kind of goes back to the this is always the problem with these things, and we always use the best example in the biggest cases involving cigarettes. It's one thing when you have a product and you don't know the health risk, then you're made aware of the health risk and you hide it, which is what they got the cigarette people. Yeah, okay, research so addictive. Yeah, now I know that. I don't know why we were thought it was some big discovery that inhaling smoke into your lungs might not be a good thing. Took us a while to took us a while to get there. But but what what they what they burned them on and when the checks start going out and when it changed the landscape is Hey, y'all knew it and you and you hit it. I don't know where this is going to go because this feels like that they changed the recipe once it was exposed that they had a problem. The question I want to ask is, did y'all know y'all had this problem and you just kept the ingredients going and people are just consuming they're gonna taste any different? Well, I don't. I'm just curious. What are they taking out and then adding to take it down?
Speaker 2: Well, it's just the color.
Speaker 1: It's really just what it looks like I care about.
Speaker 2: I know, I don't care. And this is like the US version versus the European Union version, I know. And you can see, like the yellow is just a little more dingy, and the orange is not so deep orange, and the red is a little lighter. Who would notice it, it's barely different.
Speaker 1: Who cares?
Speaker 2: Yes, get the titanium dioxide out of their We don't care, my goodness.
Speaker 1: But do you see my point? Why would they cling to it if they knew it was a problem. All of you make the very obvious point. It's not even a game change when it comes to your enjoyment of the snack. I mean, I wouldn't. I wouldn't die on the it's the color of it. Hell, now I can see me being out there going, guys, our sack's not gonna be any good if we do this, It's not gonna taste good. But we're talking about the presentation visually and no more difference than it was, right, and you can barely tell the difference. I don't know why you would clean that. Maybe it's a cost thing.
Speaker 2: I don't know that's what I would have to just assume that it's just a cost thing. It's just cheaper to use that chemical to make them bright color versus other things. I mean, that's got to be it, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it doesn't make any sense otherwise. But anyway, they said they have changed it. They have quietly changed it. And again this is something to take this long. Right, I'll tell you why I took this long, because nobody had taken the giant RFK junior spotlight like he did and said, we've got with this government has got something called make America healthy again. And we're going to take a big, old giant spotlight and we're gonna shine it into stuff Americans are consuming, and we're gonna at least make them aware of it and pressure you to change it. Yeah, but you guess they didn't change, so they got pressure. That's all. That's the only conclusion. The reason to cling to the old formula was it because it's cheaper to make. That's what I'm wondered. It has to be something, you know, that's what we were thinking, because it doesn't make any sense. And yeah, why would you have ever had it? If it's well? To your point, Rick, it's sad that it took somebody like him to know. Ain't got that done? Pretty good awareness of all this, that's pretty good, Greg, he got it out of there. You're Greg, you're closing in the market. It's this, it's that. It's that right that that's you're closing in on. It's a little burnie there. But I understand we were doing something for a time and we didn't know. Thank you for making us aware. But where where cigarettes got burned is no? You knew and you kept doing Now. I'm not accusing Mars wrigularly of that. I'm just wondering, there's the cigarettes. They hit the fact that you could get addicted, but then they just up the price to pay the penalty. And you're already addicted, so you pay it. So they ended up paying their penalty off by raising prices. Thank you, thank you, Greg for we're already addicted to were putting that in a nutshell again, understand people who are addicted, how hard that is. I don't understand. The people who start smoking last week that I don't understand. And it's vaping thing. Yeah, my goodness, ozipic may be ruining your teeth? What yeah? Oh? What to know about the impact on dental health. Despite their widely touted benefits which we always have to see, yeah, this was coming primarily weight loss in diabetes control, among others, the medications have also now been linked to some unwelcome side effects we know of some of them. In addition to the main complaints of the gastro intestinal issues, some lesser known side effects have emerged, including mood changes. We talked about that hair loss something now called ozipic face. Oh yeah, we've seen that, but now all but now there's rumblings from patients and doctors suggesting that weight loss drug may be linked to tooth decay and gum disease like irritation and bleeding. What isn't a new phrase, are you ready for this? Ozimpic teeth? Much like ocepic face, it's got teeth with it. It is a term coin to describe a characteristic that some believe could be related hadn't been proven. Didn't sound like, so we need to make sure we say that that the use of the weight loss drug and the diabetes drugs is now affecting their oral health. Hmmm, that's not good now, But again, you know, we always have to saying everything. They've also found benefits of these drugs. Look, anytime you're deal with pharmaceuticals, you're in this, you're in this juggling act. Does the benefit outweigh the side effect?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's why you should baby, consult your doctor, sit down and see what's best for you and how it's affecting you.
Speaker 1: And you know, I mean, I'm serious, instead.
Speaker 2: Of just yeah, and then ask your doctor where they got their mercedes from.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there he goes.
Speaker 2: You know, I've noticed there's a pharmaceutical company on the side of your nice luxury vehicle.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, well, I mean, well you just got let's just let's just hear it all. Okay, let's just hear it. It's gotta it's gotta affect your muscles and and all that. Right, that was epic. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, your your muscle mask goes way down. You've seen these magical shrinking people.
Speaker 1: Well that's is that where we get osempic face from? Yeah? Yeah, and neck and by the way, these are not these these shots are not inexpensive. They're not there. I mean it's so we'll we'll see. But anyway, so there's a there's some little little update on some foods and pharmaceuticals. Those things are out today. That's signs, right, Well, well we're bringing stuff that's signs what that is? You know what I've said, Well, I love choice, but I sure would like to make sure that I'm making a well educated, informed choice and then make the choice. Make fun of that, buddy a little bit about it. Yeah, it's emails from you, Yeah, you the audience out there in bird world saying got a few things I want you guys to discuss. So let's get started. Hey, burdg hay Burge from Allison. I did not know this. This is one of those things, Greg, where even me sitting here as the oldest at sixty, you taking the number two spot at fifty eight. Speedy your fifty six and adder thirty nine? Correct, So I know you're out on this, Greg, you and I are right on the line. Speedy, probably you're out too. Did you know, hey, bird hay Burge, I did not know that Speedy at one time was the hot guy for McDonald's. What happened? Did y'all remember this? Oh? It says that his name is Speedy. No McDonald's but before before Ronald McDonald, before Ronald McDonald's in our life? Well, well, Greg, I didn't say it was during our life. I just said it happened.
Speaker 2: Didn't you have? Didn't you have like a hood ornament or something like a little something on your desk at some point that had this little pancake burger man.
Speaker 1: It's not a is that a bun? I'm speedy. I'm speedy. I haven't had that. Look. Did you remember this guy? I do not do not know. Yeah, anybody anybody want to google that? When was McDonald's using speedy? I guess it was before Ronald McDonald's.
Speaker 2: Well, is this a new version to rigged? In the email you sent me?
Speaker 1: I don't think so. What is that? Yeah? Maybe it is? Maybe they got a I to make it or something, cause you're right, that looks more modern? Are they bringing that back? A lot of questions? Allison only had a one line of email here. She just said, I didn't know speedy you should be the hot man for McDonald's here, so I don't remember.
Speaker 3: The maginal mascot of McDonald's was replaced by Ronald McDonald in nineteen sixty two.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I'm not even born yet they started. I didn't say we were alive this. I said it was probably before a longtime I was around. There were ready kill a lot. So yeah, so that was Some of you that are older than us, older than us might remember speedy as McDonald's. I know we've discussed this before. Did you ever watch the movie about Ray Cross?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you stole it from the absolutely.
Speaker 2: What is it the franchise or whatever?
Speaker 1: I love it found Michael Keaton. Yeah, yes, I love that movie. I need to watch it again because I've forgotten everything about it. You look at it. There it is, but there's there's Hey, hey, I'm speedy.
Speaker 2: Forties, late forties and fifties, they used it.
Speaker 1: How about that? Hey? Hey bird hay Burd just comes from Jessica, Uh, hey, guys, I work at jsu's McClellan campus at the old Fort McClellan. Oh wow, it's back in Calhoun County. Yeah about that. Well, maybe I shouldn't SA, but I'm going to show this to you when I'm done. U. Something interesting about the email that I'm not going to share. I found out that there is going to be Greg.
Speaker 5: This is you.
Speaker 1: This is not far from your house, Greg, a Bigfoot conference? Oh really held in our building's auditorium June sixth and seventh, next weekend. Greg, what are they going to do? Go represent it? So that I have no idea? Jessica says, I don't have any idea what happens at bigfoot conferences, but I feel that Greg should know it's happening really close to him. It seems this it would be a disservice to the world for him not to go and report in their building and their building, Greg, if you don't go to this and come back and come back on June the ninth with this where a staff shirt, and go you gotta go? Do you want me give you this email? You really think I'm going you gotta go? You love a genuine article. You don't think the genuine article would be this Bigfoot conference?
Speaker 2: Right, But y'all, my wife took a girl's trip over Memorial Day weekend. She went to a Sasquatch museum in the mountains the Georgia. What No, I'm not making it up at all. They she went to it's called Expedition Bigfoot, the Sasquatch Museum, and it's a good one.
Speaker 1: They had to go.
Speaker 5: Just like.
Speaker 2: There were there were, I mean, displays casts of footprints.
Speaker 1: What a joy.
Speaker 2: There was a demonstrations by people giving facts.
Speaker 1: Oh what a joy.
Speaker 2: Look at this one.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to get your.
Speaker 6: Boy.
Speaker 1: We got people in our family with fate that big could that could be that?
Speaker 2: But she said it was fantastic. And this coming to Fort McClellan.
Speaker 1: We gotta go egg Burgess. If Papa doesn't load up the grand kids and go to the Bigfoot College and take them there, Pistol Pace Jones, elis what happens at a Bigfoot conference. I'll tell you that, Greg, Greg, I want you to picture yourself the joy. They're already just like them shows we were in the woods are knocking. But Greg, I pictures, where's the video? Greg? Picture of the testimonies and the kind of people that would be giving. You're right about that. You gotta go, you gotta go. Speaking of that, did Cat Waitman's buy part of it again? Cat? Well, yeah, yeah, we did a story on that there. Is it going to be like a studio? Yeah? Did that ever happen? I don't know. Yeah, good question. You maybe you can ride around find out when you go to the conference. I know the area ye cut through there on Greg them talking about scat and juveniles please, a lot of that, A lot of scat talk. Hey, Birch a bird. Speaking of this, I've listened to both episodes of the new podcast, Stranging Counters Number one. I would like to say it's phenomenal, very informative, and very necessary. Here's my question. I understand that you don't want to do a podcast about aliens, bigfoot, et cetera. However, the description of the podcast says Rick Burgess tackles Aliens, ghost, bigfoot, and Demons. Does it? And he says, he said, maybe I wrote that down wrong, but I'm pretty sure that it does well. By the way. He said, Now let me tell you what that is. We're debunking it. That's why that's in there. We're saying that all these things have been mislabeled, that actually all if anybody had a real experience fall in the realm of the supernatural that scripture is talking about. So we're taking on these things and saying, those who have something that seems credible, we do not. We're going to show you it's not these things. We believe it all comes from angels and demons. So that that's why that's in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. In fact, you even say this is not about Bigfoot.
Speaker 1: Well that yeah he was. And we're saying that if we any stories like that this incredible, we're telling you there's an answer to it that is not it's a monster. It is likely from the demonic side of the spiritual war that scripture says is going on all around us. Episode three. We'll talk about some of that again this weekend. So you're not going to go to the conference, I am not. But Greg, is this Rapp's house. I'll tell you one thing, if they were having it over to by my house, I would, Greg, you got you for a show. I would where your blue staff shirt and go You're going a couple of things also to cover today, you know, you just had a smooth, smooth trip, Speedy. I was so excited about how well your trip went to Dallas went. Other than you mojoing the stars, but as far as the travel, it could not have gone smoother. Your flights were very smooth. You and your son had a wonderful time together. Now that was the end of the stars. You know, run to the Stanley Cup. But let me tell you they got a win tonight. The it's buddy, You've done enough.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: Speedy also has a pretty good impression of this particular animal. Uh, we have a Delta flight delayed. While everyone was sitting aboard the plane in Minneapolis. Uh, why were they delayed? Two pigeons decided to be part of the passenger inside the plane. Inside the plane here, here's here's The women are screaming.
Speaker 3: And I think that's probably a natural response if you have something flying around.
Speaker 1: I would my wife would probably know. Would you scream?
Speaker 3: I wouldn't scream that you don't. You really don't know how you're going to react. You know, landed on one woman's head, so I'm sure she's screaming.
Speaker 1: You see the guy that those you that can't see it, This guy has nearly catches it in his jacket. I guess, yes, his jacket. Wise got a jacket and maybe, uh, he's in Minneapolis, so I guess, but he he nearly caught the pigeon. Pigeons got some good size too. Yeah that's a big pigeon. Yeah, And but it gets right through his jacket, right into the woman's face behind him, sadly.
Speaker 3: And there was also people, you know, a plane and in some situations the plane can get a little bit warm, but it also can be a little chilly as well. So there was some ladies when when we were on the flight that had like a little little throw or a little you know, blanket of some kind that they would put your legs, put on some sort of winter clothing because you were going to sit by the ice ring.
Speaker 1: Well now uh and uh.
Speaker 3: And I also saw where some people got their blankets out trying to catch it. The pigeons great too of them tried to get If you were on there, you tried to call it.
Speaker 1: If you're flying over my head, Oh you think you wouldn't have got You would think he wouldn't got it.
Speaker 2: Well, letting that thing touch my hood.
Speaker 1: Probably would have tried to talk to it again and down. Yeah. Yeah, you know maybe maybe if it's sit down like that, you're communicating with it. Yes, me, uh, you realize to Adner's point, the pigeon, the pigeon is the rodent of the of the bird work.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's a rat with wings.
Speaker 1: Yeah, another nasty. Hey, hey, greg o, pige you're thinking nasty. You've seen him. You've been sitting in the drive through at a fast food restaurant. Say no, pige over around the dumpster. Yeah, he'll show up. So you can't walk around French quarter outs not knocking one of them. Picture this speedy. You're trying to get out of your feet. You're trying to get back for the Stallion's game, and your flight is delayed. And I have the number here in the story fifty six minutes because of pigeons, because of stupid Peter still made it. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was thinking while we were taxing back and getting ready to I was like, just don't don't anybody do anything.
Speaker 1: Don't anbody act the full everybody just sit Yeah, and then somebody they were probably thinking the same thing. All of a sudden, these pigeons get in there and start flying around. Hate this make tasting. Can I get my pigeons? Just take off? What the pigeon gonna do? If somebody I'm gonna kick somebody, But you have a pigeon, I'd rather fly. I'd rather fly with the pigeon to be delayed, I would too, Greg, It's just pigeons. They're nasty. I hope they don't crap on me. But let's let's see if we can't get this. Y'all, eat a pigeon, eat aig you talking about to survive or just hey, I kind of want to eat a pigeon. I bet it's a lot like a dove.
Speaker 2: That's not that far on a lot of dove eaten a lot of dove.
Speaker 1: Like my favorite. Quail's my favorite. We love a quail.
Speaker 2: We used to kill so many doves, and my dad's would with My dad would grill them up.
Speaker 1: We ate, We ate so much.
Speaker 2: And my mom was disgusted because we had just shot him in our backyard.
Speaker 1: I was just horribly discussed fence post right maybe off the right off? Did y'all do standard dove breast wrapped in bacon? Yes, yes, you love that? Oh yeah, it's great. What about pigeon breast and bacon. I probably wouldn't know that. I probably wouldn't know the difference. If it was prepared right, I'd probably eat it. Sherol would I probably eat that chiawan a tight? Yeah, I mean, I mean if it was a tight If I didn't know, I love that thing. Like people think they'll make these declarations that they would never eat a dog or a cat. You don't know, you probably already have.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, what pigeons and doves are essentially the same species.
Speaker 1: I knew it. I look exactly.
Speaker 2: The term dove is often used for smaller, lighter colored members of the pigeon family.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Wow, they come to the bird feeder and they look just like pigeons. I I'm in on the pigeon. You know. There are some places where they hunt wild pigeons and they eat them like it's nothing. Sometimes you can there's restaurants in other parts of the world where pigeons on the menu. Are you serious?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And people weren't shoot pigeons like people and people. I'd I'd rather not eat old pigeons over eating out of the McDonald's dumpster. But where can I eat a pigeon?
Speaker 2: Y'all? It's like the You know how squirrels have great pr because of their fluffy tail. The doves have a great pr there. They've got white feathers instead of a little longer.
Speaker 1: Now they're not that. A lot of them are just gray though, too. The ones we have great Where can where can I eat a there's people that have eaten pigeon on tick taxation. No surprise there. But Greg, I'm with you, you know, I say to everybody, can we Yeah, we all go with the pigeons. Let's get home. I got somewhere I got to be. Let's go. Pigeon fly. He's just a pigeon. Yeah, if you were in there and you had some Cooper's Hawk in there that could call people's eyes auts different, that's different. By the way, they will Cooper's Hawk. I don't know if y'all have them. They'll just set up in your backyard and they do quite well. You see one dive in the ditch. He's not all that big, and but he can make it happen. He went to the ditch.
Speaker 2: I had one hit my windows, my front windows of my house. I went to go open the blinds one day, I look down on the deck and there's just a gigantic hawk. I got out there with a trash bag, took care of it before anybody saw.
Speaker 1: He broke his No done.
Speaker 2: He's heavy in that trash bag too. You can feel his feathers.
Speaker 1: It goes uplifting story, you know the other Hey, y'all, they serve pigeons around here where I'm sitting here looking. It's not squab. Is a young pigeon?
Speaker 6: Is that right?
Speaker 1: Sometimes it's offered.
Speaker 3: Up as a specialty item on menus fine dining established.
Speaker 1: I've had pigeon at a fancy restaurant somebody pretty good, I have it. No, I've seen it on the menu though.
Speaker 3: Oh, they have some high end restaurants in Birmingham and even Atlanta that that have.
Speaker 1: It's a different kind of pigeon though, it's not. It's not your downtown pigeon. It's your like out there with the dove.
Speaker 2: In the wild pigeon eating good food, not like you know.
Speaker 1: If I have my choice, though, I'm gonna go Quail over over Dub if I if I have a choice, love Quail. Rick. You've made that clear, buddy, Rick, have you.
Speaker 2: How many of these have you had? Look different fouls? You got turkey goose, guinea.
Speaker 1: I've had turkey, I've had goose, I've had duck. I don't know. I hadn't had a guinea mallard to duck. I don't know what that one is. I'm not about he don't Why do you say that big don't say. Nobody's saying. I think it's poosing. Oh goodness and wow. I've had quails and everybody had a partridge. I've had pheasant. I've had I've had a ton of treck. Just no pigeon squad buried. How about I had pheasant get ready in London and they brought it out and had one big old having in big old feathers on the plate sticking out. Had to head on it and you ate it. It was good. How do you look past you feel like he's looking back at you. Well, I just turned his head away where I couldn't see him look at him.
Speaker 2: It's like on a Christmas story and he's like it's it's smiling at me.
Speaker 1: I can't tell.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: And they took care of it.
Speaker 2: And by the way, Speedy was right, here's how you pronounced I've got the I've got the audio. That particular type of fouls so I was right, you were right.
Speaker 1: Thank you right again, I heard you, cause it my outh.
Speaker 2: It's a type of foul greg.
Speaker 1: By the way, somebody's right. Duck is either fantastic or terrible. There's no in between you or one. Taxtonation you're one. I've had it, then I was I've had it where I went wow, a little greasy, and then I was trapping baking They're all good. Then I've had it, go yum, something weird when you cook it.
Speaker 2: Duck like expands when you cook it instead of shrinking like normal met it comes back to life. And then it's like this is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: So we mentioned it earlier. Jared Hudson has been on the program before we talked about Covenant Rescue. Uh. Of course, Navy Seal has served our country and continues to do great work. As a matter of fact, you have an opportunity for those of you that are in the Birmingham area. And it's the dudes that I go to church with and I'm leading the men's ministry at our church. We have a lot of these things you know, going on all over the country with the Manchurch dot Com. And so our next gathering will be coming up on June the fourteenth, the Saturday morning before Father's Day, and Jared Hudson we'll be speaking to our men. We're going to have a breakfast and the first one hundred men that doesn't cost anything to sign up, we'll get a free copy of Men Don't Run in the Rain. And so if you want to go to the event's button right there at the manchurch dot com, look for June fourteenth, make plans to join us. Even if you don't sign up and you don't care about getting the free book, just come on and be with us for that breakfast coming up on June the fourteenth, And Jared Hudson is here. Well, you sure have a You made yourself a little announcement, haven't you. Yeah, I did yesterday after or no, yesterday morning. I know, yeah, you know it was you know, you and I had a conversation about this and when I when when we hung up from the conversation, I thought, well, let's let's see what happens, tell us take us through the process of you now deciding as Senator Tubraville has made his decision that he will not seek re election as the Senator from Alabama. He will now run for governor of Alabama. What what take us through the process of you deciding to run for that Senate space. Yeah, so, I mean it's definitely been a process. I think what probably two weeks ago, I called you just saying, hey, what are your thoughts on this?
Speaker 5: Because I've been asked by quite a few people up to that point. But really it goes back to a year ago when people thought that Tommy was gonna, uh take a position in Trump's cabinet, you know this right for the election, and I'd asked, hey, would you consider, you know, submitting for an appointment. Going through that process, I'd been involved in politics here in Jefferson County running for sheriff and I'm the sheriff runner up and the Republicans choice.
Speaker 1: I didn't.
Speaker 5: I don't like saying I lost, No, but you know, running that race in Jefferson County kind of kept me tied in politics. What I do with Covenant Rescue Group, you know, kind of keeps time in politics. So that's the people that reached out and I said, yeah, hey, I'll consider anything. I think they were talking about possibly a special election. I said I'll consider anything, But I had no idea about it, and then nothing happened with it, you know, it just kind of died. Thought well, it was nothing, and then it resurfaced again in March timeframe, maybe yeah, probably about two months ago, and I said, I'll consider it with some supporters of not just Coach, but also of our organization and of me and what I've done in the past. I said, I'll consider it, and me and my wife started praying about it, and I said, what do you think we should do?
Speaker 1: Because of the word I kept getting was ask your wife, do what she says.
Speaker 5: And she kept saying, I think this is where God's moving us to.
Speaker 1: I don't know why.
Speaker 5: I can't tell you why, because this is never on our radar, right, And so I started walking through the process trying to push it over, and it kept standing back up every little thing we stepped to. Now, I will preface it with this, as a believer. We just talked about this off the air. Green lights don't always mean it's God right, and friction or red lights don't always mean it ain't God right. So you have to be discerning in that man, And all I could get seeking godly counsel, godly wisdom from people I know Hey, do you think we should do this? And it was just green light after green light until finally, about a week ago, I met with some people through some friends in Washington, d C. Went up for this specifically. Of course I was up for Law Enforcement Week the week before, but this is after that, and it was green lights all the way through the people who would give me a red light. I even asked the last guy, say, it's like the final boss in a Batman game. I asked him specifically. I said, bro, I'm looking for red lights. He said, you ain't get one from us. And so that was that was where we're at. And then Coach announced the other day and I almost I called into Leland full intentions, just saying, hey, I'm doing this by with some paus. I said, you know what, let's give it the evening. I bet somebody's gonna come out on the six o'clock news and depending on who it is, Braby, maybe maybe that's a red light. Maybe we don't do this, not a single soul Man super quiet, And I told my wife, I was like, we're going to do this. And in sniper school, whenever you're going through sniper school and we teach sniper school. We'd say, hey, give me a win, call three right, send it And I said, we fire this bullet out of gun. I ain't coming back, baby. She said send it. So the next morning went on JT and made the magic happen and ruined my life.
Speaker 1: And picking JT. No way to take that back. Oh no, no way to take that back.
Speaker 5: That's why I said, speedy a text. And the more I was driving out, I said, you know what, I better send these guys a text.
Speaker 1: Let them go ahead of time.
Speaker 5: No, I don't want to show up here and get beat up by.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you, j T would love to see you. Got right now, love j We got some great stories. Yes he's a little expensive, but he's a goody. So now that's a that's a running joke between me and j T. But so this is the this is the bottom line on these type of decisions as as a follower of Christ. Is this going to enhance my ability to advance the kingdom? Or is it going to be a detriment. And one of the first things that you know, when you and I were talking that was concerned to me. Is this something that will enhance covenant rescue or or will it take you away from it and you had your conversation with them, what your how do you see this step as far as affecting this and those of you who don't know what Covenant Rescue does, it's talking about the sex trade and rescuing people from the sex trade and holding people accountable. Who are these wicked, evil people that do that? Yeah, and so this step, how would those two work together?
Speaker 5: No, that's a great question. And the.
Speaker 1: Me take a sip on my coffee.
Speaker 5: The we Covenant Rescue group, you know, and meeting with a team there. We do training for law enforcement all over the nation, right, and we've got operations. When I say operations, that's really a training. We run a bunch of different training programs, whether it's child exploitation or bread and butter, counter tracking, working with juvenile probation officers for missing children in certain counties in Alabama and also in certain states. So we have that program built out and we've been building it out since you know, we started in twenty eighteen, and that will run itself when we have a great team in place. We're changing his title. I don't know why we're changing titles, but he's our executive director, right, now Stuart Hartley, he will continue to do what he's doing. They don't need me to run, and that's the goal. I mean, when I was in the Seal teams, one thing I learned is, you know, yeah, I'm a sniper behind a gun, but if I get shot, we got to get another sniper behind a gun. That's just an nature of the world we live in. And so we've we've done a good job about making sure we have some depth, at least for as small of an organization as we are. We have some depth. So that mission will continue.
Speaker 1: And obviously we.
Speaker 5: Know that a political race will bring a lot of optics to that because it's just a political race, is just a marketing you know scheme.
Speaker 1: No doubt, that's some one thing I thought. You can now if the Lord allows you can regardless even in the running process, you'll be able to get into inside the government. So, hey, we got a problem that we need that needs to be addressed, and you can be working the faith based, which is already done, but also working from the worldly you know, platforms and the worldly government, so that also can be you know, a great asset.
Speaker 5: No, you're exactly right, and you just said, you know, kind of the worldly versus faith based. I mean, what's the Bible tell us says friendship with the world is enmity with God. So one of the things I've looked at, all of the people that are part of the political team don't necessarily like this, because we do have a team together. There's a team put together and ready to throw the switch when I threw the switch yesterday morning, and they're actively working on this campaign for me. But I don't want to be a friend of the world. If you're listening to me right now and you say, hey, you know, I'm not going to listen to anything this guy says.
Speaker 1: Your vote.
Speaker 5: It's important in the campaign, but it ain't the most important thing. Let me tell you right now, if you hear me, the most important thing about whatever it is that I'm doing is that I present Christ and Christ crucified to me as Jesus live a perfect life, came to this earth and live a perfect life. God rose again on the third day for my sins and yours everybody at this table, and it's through him we're set free. If you transact with Christ eternally, that's far more important than a vote. That's far more important than a dollar towards Covenant Rescue Group than a dollar toward a campaign. That is the most important thing, because it is eternal. That's the one thing that matters. The next most important thing for me is my wife and my girls and how I guide them ultimately to the person of Christ, but how I raise them so they can be members of society that actually bring good into the world, ultimately the good of Jesus Christ. And then obviously we get into what we're doing, whether it's Covenant Rescue Group or this campaign, this is a bigger platform to share Christ from.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the bottom line. Have you got a run, You've got another second? Yeah, let's do it. We'll talk one more segment with Jared and so he is going to be running for that Senate spot to represent Alabama. You've heard kind of the background. We're going to dig a little deeper when we come back, and again you want to come here Jared in Birmingham speak with us with the Man Church at Valleydale Church. Those details at the Manchurch dot com under events. Well, we're having a blast. Thank you America for being with us. Jared Hudson our guest. Well, he's announced that he will run for Senate. So let's jump into what that means. And we were discussing a little bit off air, but it's the first thing I thought of, and is that And I've even thought about you know, people, boy, it's got to be a call because you're you're about to step into the arena. I think right now, the two sides politically, when we're dealing with the ideology, there's no there's not a whole lot in common like the old days. Well, I'm a little more this way, and we have a disagreement on taxes that now it is world ideology that are opposed, and they're gonna come after you, and it's it's ugly, ugly. So I know you've had these discussions, or your wife wouldn't have said what she said, But talk to us a little bit about you're about to take your family and step into this mean, dark, twisted arena of I will go out and destroy somebody if I have to, just so they so I can win an election. Talking about the parties against each other, I know you're not going to do that, but but to have talk a little bit about stepping your family through this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So the only thing I want to destroy by way, is this tad big boy behind.
Speaker 1: Me, come over here. If you don't like thinking there's somebody behind you, do well.
Speaker 5: I don't like to think there's big boy behind me. That guy the way he cuts his eyes, he's untrustworthy. But yeah, so well that's one thing that's kind of sickening, sickening in politics because you've got a bunch of a bunch of folks who a lot of man ever even been in a fistfight, right, I know some of the some of the guys, some of the sentators up there that I've I met, and uh that whether there were team guys like me, I know a lot of them that were seals, or whether they were cage fighters, bank they might have done some of that, but for the most part, it's munch of paper cowboys. John Dutton terrible show. Don't watch it if you're a Christian, by the way, Yellowstone series. But he said, you know, we live in a world of coward's customs and cowards rules, and that is honestly what it is. And they'll claim that they're a warrior, but man, they ain't ever done nothing.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: It's kind of like, uh gladiator, you know, he's he's coming in as a conquering king, but what is he conquered? That's what they asked about the sun, the bad guy, and so we've seen that with politicians.
Speaker 1: So what do they do?
Speaker 5: They go after each other. And it's actually what Satan does to us. He's called the Great Accuser, and they pull skeletons out of people's calls that they drag their family through stuff, They make up stuff to to to drag their family through it. And it's and it's honestly pretty disgusting. One of the other things, though, is you might not have a candidate that does it. You might have, and I've learned this more recently over the past few months, you might have an organization like a pack or a super pack or something that's supportive of a certain candidate. They have no control over, right, and that's what that that's what that group does. They pull out and they attack, you know, opponents and things like that. Uh, it shouldn't be the what you know, Hey, this is this is my resume. That's good, but it shouldn't be the what of the process. It should be the who you know, who is it that's going to represent us? That that is important, but at the same time, dragging people's family through stuff, making stuff up. The cockroach and the salad thing. I think that so honestly, I think it's of the devil because he's the great accuser.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's a lot like we talked about this a little bit yesterday in the Wednesday Bible study. You're living in this time now and we are too. Two different platforms but the same thing. Where social media has provided cowards a dream because now I can cowardly hide, never reveal my identity. I can go out in a public arena, I can accuse you, I can say things about you, never have to face you, never have to tell you who I am. It's one of the things when Dad, we were talking about the new book. Dad never would go on sports shows. He hated to do that. And when we said, why do you not like going to these sports talk shows, he says, because somebody can call say anything they want to about you and stay anonymous. He goes, you know, if somebody can face me and look me in the eye and say something, then we can talk this out. Man demand, Well, they'd be less apt to say it, and they wouldn't do it because the risk of getting punched in the mouth. It's like what you just said, what we're doing now, you know how you talk about with this this this setup right here is right for filling the blank. We are living in a society right now where cowards are living their dream. It is a cowardly environment where cowards finally get to say what they want to say and never have to face anybody. And so you know, you're prepared for that, I know. But I mean, you know social media just you know, dude, like Trump did take social media and use it for your advantage. Well, and here it's an ugly place out there.
Speaker 5: Somebody it might have been my it's one of my brothers or something. Because we still have I mean, we get attacked with c RG. I get attacked what you know, what what I do there? And people will say things all the time because we have a pretty you know, big platform I guess for what we do. Yeah, that being said, people will say, oh, this guy is not the real deal. This guy's probably a pedophile. This guy's probably a guy who you know has child porn. I mean all the time, that's what we see on these comments. And so my brother said, hey, dude, do you ever read all these comments. I mean, you've got like ninety ninety five percent of the people love love you, and then but you got to five percent that the Bible calls scoffers. They're scoffers right there. And I said, no, I don't read any of the comments because if you read all of the good ones, you'll become arrogant. It will make you think you're more than you really are, because I'm not any of those things that they're saying. I'm a center saved by grace. If you read the negative ones, it'll make you forget who actually holds you, and that's, in my case, the person of Jesus Christ. I believe that should be for everybody. So you know, you just can't get get dialed into that social media because it's scoffers. It's you know, throwing your pearls before swine. You just got to use social media for what it's good for, marketing, for what we're doing when you need to raise support and then get your message out there. But that message has got to be something other than you, and in my case now running for you a Senate, it's always going to be Christ and Christ crucified. But secondly, I'm going to be your representative, whether you vote for me or not, I'm going to be the representative of the people. Because the first words of the preamble, right, the preamble, the Constitution, we the people. If you're hearing me, you're the king and queens of this land. And that liberty that you have, that leadership you have, comes with a responsibility, and part of that responsibility is electing that representative who's going to go, in this case, to Washington, d C. And bring the needs of Alabama to Washington, d C, protect the state of Alabama, the United States of America, and not bring the stupidity of Washington d C back to Alabama.
Speaker 1: And that's really what it is. Well there it is. Well, look, we're we're praying for you and love what you have already done, you know, with the platform that God's given you. And it's going to be interesting to see the journey that God's got you on now. And thank you, brother. Yeah, and we're here with you. We'll walk with you, and looking forward to you coming to speak to our guys coming up in just a couple of weeks.
Speaker 5: I'm looking forward to that too.
Speaker 1: I will bring I don't know how many books you said, I'll have fifty of my books there for the first fifty that sign up. Oh really yeah, for free I'll bring Okay, okay, all right, well look at it now. So boy, if you're the first fifty getting two books, yeah, you get two books. You got that. Yeah, and it's free pamphlet and there's no ticket to buy. We just need to know you're coming. So find that at the Manchurch dot com under events.
Speaker 3: Rick his website. Hudson for Alabama dot Com, Hudson for Alabama dot com. Thank you, speedy, Hudson for Alabama dot Com. Let's let's get him started. We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: Sorry. Thanks to Jared Hudson for being with hint with us today. I told the guys I was I've gone back and forth on whether Tuberville running for governor and not being our senator. I was looking to get a piece about that, somebody like Jared Hudson saying I'll step in. I'll feel much better. Yeah for sure. So there you good. Good to visit with him again. All right, So a couple of things now that we're kind of in that vein, we'll finish a few more. So elon Musk has officially stepped down from Doze. He said, I have done my work. I've worked on streamlining the government. I have exposed the government waste. I have exposed that your federal government is literally stealing from you, the people. So and my work is done here and I hope that this becomes a normal way of life as we hold our government in their spending accountable. We have Trump who says, Okay, now that we know everything that has been exposed, are we going to do anything about it? And sadly no, shocker. A lot of those in the government said, hey, you might have busted us, but we're not changing anything. And here is Trump talking about how basically we have people in our government that are completely ignoring everything that's been exposed about them. So here is President Trump. We don't have one Democrat vote.
Speaker 6: And if I were a Democrat, I'd be voting for this bill and I'd get elected to any position I want as a Democrat. They're crazy. They're voting for a sixty five percent tax increase, and they're only doing it for hatred. They're not doing it for any reason.
Speaker 1: They know it terrible well, and that's the problem. When we the people get caught in the middle of political power seeking and they're saying, if we vote for this and it goes well, a lot of us will lose our jobs. And he said, no, I think if you vote for it, it goes well, you can actually tell your constituents that you you did what was right for America, no matter what political party was in charge or proposed the bill. Next, Oh, Governor Ron DeSantis. And I know this is long addler, but I know you cut it when you when you when you see it's from it. So he he cannot believe that there's not one dosee cut being voted on by Congress after all of us clearly saw what they were doing. He can't believe it.
Speaker 2: He's going to talk about the deficit and then pivot to the Elon Musk cut.
Speaker 7: Right here we go, brillion dollar deficit is a tax on you. Uh, it works its way through the economy. There's no free lunch, and that's what ends up happening. And it's little frustrating. You know, Elon Musk went into this doge effort. He was getting lampooned. I mean like they're firebombing his Tesla dealerships, media smearing him relentlessly. His business has suffered all this stuff because he basically said, look, we can't keep doing this, and we need to moderate and reduce the amount of money that the federal government is spending. And yet we have a Republican Congress and to this day, we're in the end of May, past Memorial Day, and not one cent in DOGE cuts have been implemented by the Congress. That's one of the reasons why we need a balanced budget amendment to the US Constitution. That's another reason why we need term limits for members of Congress.
Speaker 1: So that is perplexing. It would be one thing to find out that they're still not changing anything because we don't know. The fact that we know, and this is Republican and Democrat, the fact that we know, and they're still not responding to make the changes that we all, as the American people, have said you got to stop this, and they haven't not doing anything. Well, the arrogance of that yeah is blinding. Don't get don't get released to cracking on that cracking you okay over, yeah, struggling.
Speaker 2: Can we hear Elon Musk talk about some those wastes that he found in a yeah, yeah, this is an older clip, but it you know, kind of sums it all.
Speaker 1: The kind of stuff they're not addressing. Again, the sheer.
Speaker 4: Amount of waste importing the government, it is astonishing.
Speaker 1: It's mind blowing.
Speaker 4: Just uh we routinely encounter wastes of a billion dollars or more casually. Uh you know, for example, like the simple survey that was literally ten questions survey that you could do with survey monkey quashed about ten thousand dollars. Was the government was being charged almost a billion dollars for that for just a survey A billion dollars for a simple online survey do you like the National Park? And then there appears to be no feedback loop for what would be done with that survey. So the save we're just going to nothing because like gontained, I.
Speaker 1: Had money, well's been well. I think as long as we still have the opportunity, I think this is one of those things. And I think we've all been there. Have you? Have you some of you that have ever run a business or coached a team okay, something like that somewhere where you have a say on who's with you okay, and you come in and say, hey, we have seen you do this, this, and this, and these things need to change and they don't change, well you fire them. Yeah, okay. We we pointed to the thing that have to change, and then if the things change, great. But if you point to things that need to change then and they don't change them, you get rid of them, you know. And this analogy We've said a thousand times. And I told you this before. One time when I was coaching and I had a player that asked me why he didn't play more? Do you remember this? And I said, okay, well, I'm glad you asked. I'm going to actually tell you that, and I'm not out to like you heard Barkley and Saban talking about. I'm really not in the business of playing players that aren't the best. So do you remember when I put you in the game And he said yes? And you said, you remember how many times we went over and over again on the fact that you keep dropping passes that are thrown to you perfectly. Yes, And I put you in the game and you came down to the middle of the defense wide open. Do you remember that? He said yes. I said, do you remember what happened when somebody threw you a perfect pass? And he said yes. I said, you didn't catch it and it bounced around on the ground and the other team got it and scored. Do you remember that? And he said yes? And I said that's why you don't play more. If you had caught it and scored, you would play more. And so are we ever going to get to the point where we just say to these people enough and fire them. You still have the vote. I don't care if they're Republican or Democrat. If they see they know, we see this kind of waste and this kind of stealing from us our money, and if we don't fire them, then we're the chumps. It's on us because we know now and thanks to Musk and those we know specific waste, grotesque waste. And if we don't respond as the people and fire everybody who won't make those changes, then we're the chumps. We get what we deserve. Yeah, it's on us. Yeah, you remember the Hey, it's my bad. That's my bad now, you know because I because I keep voting for you, that's on me.
Speaker 2: Incredibly frustrating for Ron to sandus to say Doge bought the swamp and so far the swamp has won. That is incredibly demoralizing and frustrating.
Speaker 1: We'll be back uh more of the Rick Burgess Show, so you're updated there, uh and we'll continue to run through the stories of the day, and we thank you for being with us. Some of that out there, my bread, I just did that to aggravate you, Gregor, Gregor, you ever, and I told you they cut bread out. I cut out bread. Rick lost eighty pounds cut out bread. Thank you. Just stay the heck of a lot of bread, said gets you. But I don't need enough that I go, oh yeah, uh hey bird, Hey, Birge Brandon, you're talking about tipping on today's show. That right, that was yesterday. If I sit down to dine, I leave a tip. If I just walk in to pick it up and leave, I do not leave a tip. I feel pressured. Most places want you to leave eighteen to twenty percent. That's not happening. I walked in. All you did was have my food ready for me to pick up. When I walked in. You didn't even cook it. God only asked for ten percent. You want eighteen to twenty percent for me to just pick up a bag you handed me and pay for it. I'm not sure that they're asking for an appropriate tip. Love the show, have a great day, So he says, sit down, he tips if he comes in to pick it up. He doesn't. Yeah, that's a that's a tough time. I would like to be that way. But I'll catch myself going well, and.
Speaker 3: I catch myself to it tip and because I'm thinking, you know, the cooks and everybody back, you know, and the person that's that's ringing up the order they're probably all underpaid and looking for tipsway, and so I try to give them. I try to feel like I feel led to do something, even if I'm just picking it.
Speaker 1: Up understanding point. But I'm like you, I just do it for no other reason, just to be kind, not because I think they they it's fair or is it justified? Sometimes you just do things for you just to be nice. Yeah, that's hard for you. Plus you'll label mes cheap, so you are cheap. Yeah that nobody. They don't. They're like you probably won't. It was thirty eight cents in a great tip. Must be nice to worth five hours a day and never have to tip.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Rick, I will say, I've got uh, you know, I've been working for you guys for a long time. And when I was younger, I had a lot of friends in the service injury industry. Not as much, but I will say that I've actually ran into many people who you didn't know, you know, they knew me or anything like that a little bit bit. But many people said that you were an incredible tipper. I've had multiple people tell.
Speaker 1: Me you look at me.
Speaker 2: I'm not looking at you, you're looking at me.
Speaker 1: I couldn't tell who you were looking at at Rick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I thought that was I just want to pass out along to you.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: People notice that stuff. It's a big deal.
Speaker 1: It really is. Well and that's it's no other It's no more complicated than I know that I have been blessed. Uh, and I know that these people are hustling, and uh, you know, and and I don't even do the thing of I'm not saying that I don't you know, if somebody does a poor job that I want to dress it. But a lot of times I'm like, well, this single mom or this student, they still are struggling for money even if they didn't do a very good job today. And sometimes you just do it for that no other reason. I've been blessed, and I'm passing it on and it always comes back to you. You know the other thing that also also happens with that, you get treated really really well because they appreciate it. You know, my daughter was in college, she was a waitress, and she said, normally the people who were the worst tippers were also the most needy. They would they drove you nuts who time they were in there, want stuff, needing stuff on this one, and then they wouldn't even.
Speaker 2: And then they'd round up a dollar. Yeah, thanks for the eighty sixth cents.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just like coaching. Sometimes the biggest handles his parents is the parents of the worst player.
Speaker 1: M boy, that one. You could tell that one had some real, some reality to it. You've lived that one, hadn't you. Yeah, just I'm just speaking real. Do you ever have the parent this usually applies to. This is to your major team sports which athletically, which is always player. Yeah.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: The other one that I always found that was interesting is the parent that their kid is actually playing, but they don't like the position they're playing. Yeah, ain't it something? And I'm like, your kids actually playing? Yeah, yeah, but I think he's a linebacker. I'm like, well, you're delusional. Yeah, yeah, he's a pretty good cover cornerback of how come you can't be happy with that? Plus he's ten, so let's yeah, let's give it him. Just calm down. Yeah uh, there's that mom over there whose kid didn't get to play. I bet I bet he'd play any positions sure on the field. Hey Birch, Hey Burge. I am loving the new Rick Burgess show experience. Not sure how much rain you guys have gotten over the past month a bunch, but it seems like it's been raining in Northwest Tennessee for forty days and forty nine Now, this is interesting from Josh after hearing so much about the new book. I've been finding myself going outside just to walk in the rain. I feel like I'm making up funny. I'm making up for years of running and it's like our old coach Burgess, these moments of walking. I'm walking in the rain when it's not even necessary. It's like I have to make up for the last thirty seven years of running in the rain. Is that odd? Love the show, look forward to diving into the book. Love you guys, Kenton, Tennessee. Also, did we ever figure out the Gary Turkey hunt. No, we did not know. We never got there. I mean, here's how it needs to work. You got some land you want me to come hunt on and we'll do it. Garry, that's not a giveaway, that's you winning. But anyway, Josh, there's no need to do that. I mean, if you find yourself tramped in it, and I think a lot of you, that's all this is about. Yeah, you know, a minute ago, Speedy was like wanting us to walk around the building and not run. And what would Dad think about that? And I think he would think that was stupid, No, that it was a challenge.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, And I said, if I make this shot, then Greg, you got to walk around the building in the rain and you can't run.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 3: And I will say this, I did make it from way back here and Adler a trip around shirtless your fourth.
Speaker 2: Or fifth trial. This one's the one that was the first one for that, but this is the one that counts this time.
Speaker 1: By the way, single all this text nation, I'm a woman and now I'm walking in the rain.
Speaker 5: Dad.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's like anyway, hey bird, hey birge. Uh this is from Jeremy Rick Burgess. Do not let them stop you. You die on this hill. Burgers are not supposed to be smashed. Burgers are meant to be thick and juicy, not flat and dried out and telling folks this for years, we were we are at it. Blackstone Griddle is just an oversized skillet. I've been fighting on this hill for a long time and I'm willing to die on it. Please down it with me. I'm in Jared. But you've never had a smash Burger, right, Yes, I've had him for years. They want to call that. Have you ever seen the smash bird?
Speaker 2: This new thing?
Speaker 1: Juicy? Hey burn Ja merge. Talk to me about how you guys is how do y'all measure the listening audience from digital now to terrestrial? How do you know how many people are listening and watching and engaging? How do y'all even know this? That's a great question. Well, by the way, I've been with the show since the Rick and Bubba days in Gadston. I was leary the new show. I understand that that's natural, but I can say I've not missed one episode. I love the new show. Kenny. You know that, Kenny. It is more difficult now, Kenny than ever you can look at like participation, you can you know, there are still something genealogy you get through the terrestrial world that gives you some indication, you know it. It's a it's a difficult thing. But there's all kinds of what are those things called that we get that gives you all know, the stuff in the digital world. All these you can look at these analytics, analytics, analytics kind of give you an idea in the digital world a little bit too. And it's it's been great. This is the Rick Burgess Show. Speedy, we don't do that you Speedy and Greg had already left because you know they don't prioritize Bible studying, and so we lost right like who are in the word? So anyway, the called podcast listen, you can get home a lot earlier if I don't stay live, but I can listen to on the way in the next day, what speeds You got a routine? Not sure about speeding? Hey, hey, why my target today? That doesn't miss it? He doesn't miss it, he doesn't. He'll even go way in the next morning. He'll even let and I know if we had a technical problem, yeah, oh really, Sometimes I supposed to report in well, i'd like to know you, you know, maybe maybe some feed by one behind. Yeah. So anyway, so I go, so I go buy Speedy by Speedy's office. I go by Greg's officer. Look, it's like the little boy expected. I said that Greg's in there. We don't bother him. He's drinking. Man. Well, if are you behind baby brother, I mean behind her? Three? No, no, no, I think it's two because I know, because I know here it is.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you because last week when when we left and my routine was off, and when we left went to Dallas and traveling over, I'm too last Wednesday, this Wednesday.
Speaker 1: So there Greg eat mister buddy. Are you glad that Jesus didn't let his routine throw him off? And he was going to the cross and this is how you almost killed Scot Dowson? But I forget that. Okay, he doing this whole thing. What would you do You think Jesus was tired when I was funny? This funny is so brudling. Here for one of the guys. Last week, when the SEC Baseball turnam was going on, he goes, he goes, hey, man, not gonna be there day, gonna watch a little baseball, And I said, I'm sure thankful Jesus didn't watch a little baseball when we needed him go across. So he came back. He came back. He just walks over. He goes, I knew that was good. He said, well, look it's good. Hold you hope it was a good game. He goes, that's what happened. He said, well we lost. That said, where there you go? All right, Greg, I know you wanted this news today. Todd and Julie Christy they're free. They are free. I don't understand this Christly thing. Why are we releasing them? Rick? Some reason, Todd wanted to stay and they weren't. Can I stay? He came out a little jack? Uh? Did he been working out a little bit?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: This this is the highest profile of the pardons, but they there was a number. Were they not? They find them not guilty. I don't know what you don't understand. When did we say the Christians were wrong? I know they had a rogue kid who was a drug You right, Yeah, but he just turned his dad in for claiming lived in one state and lived in Great Yeah that's a biggie. Yeah, but he really was doing it. I think that's my point. That did the drug addict son? He revealed, yeah, revealed anything they weren't doing. I don't know. But how long did they stay if they broke the law? Are we just saying you broke the law. But that's enough. The mom got released and then they threw it back in. Another judge or somebody come and said, oh, no, they did it. Yeah they had out. How many years was it did they serve two and a half? Was it two and a half something like that of a ten or twelve or something. They're gonna pick the show back up. I don't know. Did you ever watch the show? I never watched the I would get caught like me and Speer saying just flipping by, and they'd be an episode on and I would stay on it. It was a good show. Well I get again. Maybe I'm sorry. I'm really funny. I'm willing to say that I'm wrong. You know, sometimes when you see like a Trump or somebody pardon somebody, you're like, yeah, that's right, that that finally that injustice was over, was what finally got justice for them? Good for them. I don't I don't know what to say about this. Am I supposed to be celebrating the release of the Christalis. Does this fall under? And look, I was kind of like them and they've always supported me. And I'm letting you out because maybe the crown they did was not violent, right, It's it's I don't know where I am on this. I don't know what to do with it. I don't either. I mean, it's a headline and I'm supposed to go good for the Chrystalies. I don't know. I don't know anything about the Christlies. And like I said, they they've appealed it and kept losing. But I don't know.
Speaker 2: I bet y'all Trump was just a fan of the show. He knows their cultural figures, just like he pardoned or helped out that ASoP rocky rapper guy. He just does it for the culture, you know.
Speaker 1: And their one final question on bitcoin, and I promise we'll leave this time. Somebody says they can ever get this question answered. I have one bitcoin, it's worth one hundred and seven thousand dollars. Where do I go to get my one hundred and seven thousand dollars?
Speaker 4: On?
Speaker 2: Wherever you bought it, wherever wallet you're holding it. There's all kinds of different apps or wallets, whatever you want.
Speaker 1: To call it.
Speaker 2: But there is like quote unquote true believers that say, never get rid of it, just hold on to it. It will keep growing. Eventually bitcoin will be the currency we're all using and the global currency and the instant potentially anonymous, decentralized currency of the future. And then some people are like, no, it's a scam Okay, thank you edwar Wow.
Speaker 1: So when you say wallet, is that a version of a bank? Yeah? Like when you say and wherever your wallet, is it like Apple wallet?
Speaker 2: It's like Apple Consider it like Apple wallet. Ah, but with bitcoin you can actually just with a code on a sale a thumb.
Speaker 1: Way it felt in first grade? Is it like an Apple? Good answer? Sometimes you've been reading the book we sent home.
Speaker 2: You can totally remove your bitcoin from any global network and have it literally on a USB stick. You can have, you can have you can have a billion dollars on a USB stick and hold that information. You lose that stick, it's gone somebody else. Somebody threw through like a hard drive away that had bitcoin on it, and there could be a billion dollars in a landfill somewhere and they keep I forget what country or whatever it is. He keeps trying to get permission to search this this uh this uh whatever that's called landfill.
Speaker 1: Thank you you said it once, And.
Speaker 2: He's like asking people to help him. I'll I'll split it with you, all this stuff. So it's a weird world. It's a crazy world, lots of crazy stories. A lot of people have made a lot of money and a lot of people have lost a lot of money in the bitcoin and crypto world.
Speaker 1: Greg, you're sitt there, didn't and tell us a story about his son paying for his college with a bitcoin dog doji going to Yeah, yeah, yeah, my first one got in, got out, paid for his college.
Speaker 2: Please paid for all of his college?
Speaker 1: No, no, just will finish that's correct, finish it, yeah, buddy, Why you look so mad?
Speaker 2: Got a time?
Speaker 1: Got some pretty good story sitting overall pack Got a time. I brought that right in.
Speaker 2: What's so funny is that the doge coin preceded the Department of Doze. And it's kind of like the whole thing was a joke. All of it's just jokes turning into real life.
Speaker 1: It's crazy, crazy, man.
Speaker 2: It's wild. Dude is bonkers.
Speaker 1: Here's what we got to stop to this. This may be more dangerous than bitcoin. Guys, somebody's dead. You know this thing we saw we played some of the other day. People were sending us stuff. Run it straight. This game where it's basically oh yeah, yeah, yeah. It's like eye openers where you just line up all and we have no pads on and we run at each other wide open yeah, and people getting knocked out.
Speaker 3: Somebody's dead, well yeah, I would think that where it is New Zealand got some big dudes and looking, we're.
Speaker 1: Not going to see somebody die.
Speaker 2: None of this footage has the person dying. The person that died. This was not like a formal event. This was like an informal event.
Speaker 1: Saying, not like a show or whatever. We've seen somebody when't people die at these events? If you can die playing it at home, it's the same game, right, This is not good. Don't want to watch this. We don't want to just be running. This is walked now there's females.
Speaker 2: He is asleep.
Speaker 1: But do you realize how easy you can get your neck broke? Of course, get your get your brain bleed, which is probably how the team died. I'm guessing it's just it's like I mean, what's the payoff here? I know it's like Nick and the Fray. They don't get paid much. Yeah, you know what, what are you really winning? I will say what the payoff is, but it's not worth it. Please don't hear me say that it's worth it's the bad person there. I stand on the heap, and but I can't walk anymore. I'm the baddest. I'm baddest. Well, if I'm standing on the heap, everybody else has heard.
Speaker 2: I'm not guy's doing the fencing or don't do it.
Speaker 1: It's the wrong thing to do. I'm just saying, if you're asking me what the playoff is is I walk around and I'm the biggest baddest okay, in this area. I'm the biggest in the battle. I am on talk, gonna get you though, No, go back to what we should do. King of the hill, King of the hills. Fine, if you can't, I'm on the hill. Nobody can remove you. That's here. Let's don't do that. This this is so bad. I mean it, We've even we don't even do this anymore with the pads on.
Speaker 2: They don't do this in football, and they stopped it.
Speaker 1: Hey, let me take let me tell you it was. I remember when we did it because we played in that era. And look, I'm all, I'm not sitting here. We didn't know. It's a different era. All that, let's learn and let's not turn football into flag football. I'm not for that at all. Greg, you remember it, Speedy, you remember it. I don't know if the y m C A yar it ever got this this bad, but I can remember being in this drill, the drill we're looking at, we called it eye openers. Well when you played on did I mind of mentioned I played ball and I played a while when you played defensive line. The worst thing is and I still to this day don't know why we did it. Why because at least this shouldn't have happened. Well, you go down to your what we call your small groups or what was it called then when you go with just your position. Yeah, there was a name for it in small groups, and that's church special team and individual drills. Was that an individual groups or something something? But anyway, you're just you're just with your position. Okay, you're you're just with your position group. Well what does that mean? Well, everybody, there's alignment and they put us in some tackling drill. And now you've got me being large trying to tackle another large person who doesn't even if he runs right at you. And I now when you did it, when like running backs rang and there was a blocker and then devis that was different. But when you're going over saying I've got to tackle that that guard that you know that his family has a farm, you know, And I mean, come on, and and I remember hitting people the way we were taught to tackle in those days, which was face first, hit him with the top of your forehead. And I remember every now and then, of course, you know, corn fed would lower his head and all of a sudden you'd hit helmet to helmet and I and I remember just that throbbing pain of your head. It was like it was going and you're just sitting there going, man, that hurt, and and you know what you do? Get in line.
Speaker 2: I found I just found another another Oklahoma drill. And these dudes are just in like in front of a store.
Speaker 1: Oh no, lord, now I've done this before. Yes, yeah, just blood all over the ground, you know.
Speaker 2: I think I don't think so. I think it's just street juice.
Speaker 1: Behind him, checks over twenty four hours.
Speaker 2: Yes, the the fat friend is gonna get just like the dude fakes him out. Watch this hilarious thin friend comes.
Speaker 1: And says you he's mad mad you were at time for that form tackle jeral Cage. He's never forgotten it. He's still mad about it this day. Oh yeah, in a situation like this, there's a go to Oh yeah, I think I took an off the side of a ditch, down into a ditch. Yeah. And then there was maybe in the same night. The next he got the leg blown out. Remember that it was unfortunate, had quite all the fun. Yep, yeah, that'll that will ruin the fun. You say, leg blown out. That's not good. Yeah, it was really. Now I will give the person credit. I will give our friend credit who got hurt real bad. He said, let's delay hospital to everything's over. Yeah, And we just got him comfort and propped his leg up, and he continued.
Speaker 2: Yeah, team player.
Speaker 1: He ended up missing some of his time at work. He got fired from trying the heel we're at you there, just hang on, sorr. He was fine with the ones. We got a pillow put his leg.
Speaker 2: Goodness.
Speaker 1: Then he basically was a pretty good position because then he just got served. You know what. Yeah, okay, yeah, got one coming.
Speaker 2: Team player? What a team player?
Speaker 1: A team player? Somebody have him mind. You just heard the Daily Best of The Rick Burgess Show. Catch the entire show wherever you get podcasts, or watch us live and archived on YouTube, and subscribers can watch the Daily Best of the Rick Burgess Show on Blaze Tv