Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by All State. Some people just know they could save hundreds on car insurance by checking all State first. Like you know to check the date of the Big Game first before you accidentally buy tickets on your twentieth wedding anniversary and have to spend the next twenty years of your marriage making up for it. Yeah, checking first is smart, So check all State first for a quote that could save you hundreds. You're in good hands with All States Savings. Ferry terms apply All State Fire and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Northbrook, Illinois.
Speaker 2: This episode is.
Speaker 3: Brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roebliss, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg. Evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jirelle Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheadle, Michael Pania, and Bobby Knavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime video.
Speaker 4: I've never been more right about anything than I'm gonna end up being about Jordan. You guys want to know something real quick. I hope you don't get upset with me. Demandse At is worse as a basketball player was Jordan Poole, I is worse complaining falling asleep on defense and just wanting to take shots? That was what your worst?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Would do you disagree if I insulted you?
Speaker 2: You have? How did I.
Speaker 4: Insult you that was the best player on the team.
Speaker 2: Do you mean complaining about not getting it all?
Speaker 4: For getting software?
Speaker 2: Ear?
Speaker 4: I told you you'd get upset with me.
Speaker 2: What bad take?
Speaker 4: Welcome in special episode What's Right? Nick Right podcast and YouTube. Joe. I'm not sure if this episode twenty six or twenty seven depends on how our wonderful social media team it because we did an abbreviated episode yesterday, We're now doing an emergency full episode today that's not even really an emergency episode, but it's a Game three finals reaction. Demanse, who you'll hear from in a moment, might end up being totally right about this season and this series, which is crazy because I don't think he's watched the finals start to finish in his entire life, and he might get these whole damn playoffs. Right, we'll talk about that. Also, we've got golfers suspended, We've got Jack del Rio act in a fool, and we've got grown ups bringing children to press conferences to act as shields. All of that will be on the show. Here's what is not on the show. Oh well, one of the things that's not on the show is what I just said, Bill Michelson sixty other golfer suspended for going to play Is it the liv tours, that the Live Tour whatever it is to the Saudi Arabian Tour, You guys are out. Cooper Cup and Aaron Donald both got extended. That's not on the show. And GoldenEye being remastered for the Xbox demanse. I have in the last three weeks played more video games than I have played in the entire in the last decade? Is that fair? Easily bought that PS five wasn't even playing it at first? You really, I'm sure you were like, man, this is awesome. Yeahs bought at PS five, He's never even played.
Speaker 2: It, left it on the stairs for like two weeks.
Speaker 4: Bought it and didn't even yeah exactly, just left it sit on the stairs and then all of a sudden played a little Fortnite. Then I was like, let me download Madden Now. I'm I'm in deep, back in my roots playing FIFA. Yeah, four or five games a.
Speaker 2: Day, training camp and all, yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Got a train. Yeah you got a train. I mean these guys, I got European kids kicking my ass all times of the day. I gotta get it together. So Gold and I being remastered, I'm quite excited about, almost as excited as you are about the Celtics leading two games to one. We watched it together last night. I assume that's where we're starting. Let's get the show going, all right, what are we leading off with?
Speaker 5: Austin looked great in game three and my pick is aging greatly.
Speaker 4: And that tweet you had that was like, if you don't think the Celtics are winning the title that was in the heat, I think you have like mental issues and should be under surveillance. Yeah, yeah, that's looking good. Okay, go ahead, minded.
Speaker 2: That I picked them before the series before not a game, and like, oh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, I switched it up. But that's ancient history and I'm so glad I switched it up because, let me tell you something, rooting against the Warriors fields natural and great. And this is the only the second series this postseason. You and I have really been on the same page. You were rooting for Luca yeah, over the war Yeah.
Speaker 2: Look, I hated the Suns.
Speaker 4: Well, you know what, we were on the same page with the map on the eastern side of the bracket. We have not been on the same page except for Celtics and that, so I you know what. I take it back. We went on the same page a few times, but I was rooting for the heat I was rooting for the Bucks. Now we're together, all right, Go ahead?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Steph got injured latent in the game. Yeah, and Golden State seemed to basically throw in the towel.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And with Game four on Friday and no time to rest up or anything, could go down three to one, are the Warrior's done?
Speaker 4: If Steph is seriously injured, the Warriors are done. I don't think he's injured. It's seriously injured. He might be banged up. Now, I know the rules with Steph Curry's what they've always been. He's either awesome or injured. He's never bad. However, this is worth noting. I think the Celtics are gonna win the title, and the Celtics are gonna win. I think they're gonna go up three to one, said when I switched my pick, I said, I thought they were gonna win both games in Boston. I put a nice, little hefty wager on the Celtics last night. Feel good about that. Here's the thing on Steph, and part of this is on Steve Kerr. But Steph in Game one had that unbelievable first quarter. Steve Kerr then stuck with his rotation Sadam to start the second quarter, totally cooled off, had fourteen points the rest of the way, or thirteen points the rest of the way. Steph last night is having this unbelievable third quarter. And this isn't a second guest. This is a first guest because I tweeted about it. Kerr typically plays him the whole third rest in the beginning of the fourth. He wanted to be able to play him the whole fourth, so he sat Steph with two and a half minutes left in the third, and it ruined the game for the Warriors. It went from eighty five to eighty three. Boston to the rest of the way, the Celtics outscored him thirty one to seventeen. The Warriors scored eleven fourth quarter points and Steph had two points the rest of the game, which brings me to this point. Steph Curry has six points in the fourth quarter of these finals. I'm gonna say that again. Steph Curry has six points in the fourth quarter of these finals. He has hit zero fourth quarter threes. He has made He's three of ten from the field. He had three turnovers to start the fourth quarter yesterday. Now, to be fair to Steph, one of the three fourth quarters he didn't play because they were winning by so much. But Game one, they have a lead going into the fourth, Steph was bad. Game three, it's a game going into the fourth, Steph was bad. And people always say, Nick, everything's not about Lebron. That's true. However, if there is anybody in the league that should be held to the standard of Lebron, it's Steph, who the whole world has been telling me the last month, one of the ten greatest players ever. Yeah, I mean make your top ten. You got him, had a shock, you got him At a stack. Okay, it is brought up to this day that Lebron James had a two point fourth quarter in the finals eleven years ago. It's the JJ Burrea game, It's the it's the meltdown against the MAVs. It's Lebron's lowest moment. Eleven years later, it's brought up. I we are twelve hours removed from this game ending last night, and I don't think anybody other than me is pointing out that Steph's been bad in these fourth quarters.
Speaker 2: Now everybody else pointing to the injury, the for end.
Speaker 4: Of the injury, talking about Draymond who will get to But here's the other thing where Kurz got some cold ability. Steve Kurtz the NBA Finals. Your idea, I understand, is want to keep step fresh for the fourth quarter. Well, that ain't working. You're breaking his rhythm. He played thirty six minutes last night.
Speaker 5: But don't you think like in situations like that, Steph Curry, Steph Curry, if you don't want to come out of the game.
Speaker 4: That's not how he That's not how he operates. And I know people say that like he could force he could, but that's not that that's not the way he operates, and blame him for that. Steph Curry doesn't have to play the whole forty eight, but he can play the entire second half. In a game like last night, you're you're trailing big at the half, you have this massive fourth quarter. Let Steph keep rolling right and he's trying to save him for the fourth quarter.
Speaker 5: It's not working, not like Wiggans or anybody's having a big game like he's go to it.
Speaker 4: And Clay was playing well, but Clay also fell didn't I don't want to say fall apart, but his impact in the fourth quarter was minimal. Like the Warriors quarter eleven fourth quarter.
Speaker 2: Points that it was defensive basketball man.
Speaker 4: The f from the moment they took Steph out, which was two fifty left in the third to the end of the game. Golden State scored seventeen points the rest of the way. That's brutal. All right, now, let's talk about what I really want to talk about.
Speaker 2: Go ahead.
Speaker 5: Fellow podcaster Draymond had a very weird night. Yeah, two point six foulsand one hundred arguments with the rest Boston seen him on phase despite his nonsense, Yeah is the best way to beat Draymond, to just ignore him.
Speaker 4: Well, you and I were talking about it that they weren't guarding him, and I still think they were guarding him too much. I would disrespect him, even you.
Speaker 2: You actually released a lot of tweets about Draymond.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm fired up about this, yeah, and maybe we have the tweets. So the first one was Celtics got to be really careful here. The last thing they want is for Draymond to foul out. And I was serious about that because I was worried Draymond foul out early. The Warriors would go to Otto Porter all of a sudden their offense could work and they would have stumbled a on something for Game four and beyond. But it went further than that. Then we talked about I think his statline for the game said n I'll say it again, Draymond has to act like a maniac to be effective against great teams at this point in his career. After his Antipolis commentary and Game two, he came out tonight and was subdued. The result two points, four rebounds, three assists, with two turnovers and six fouls. Stay on this suite for a moment. First of all. Draymond confirmed this after the game because he did a podcast last night. Three in the morning. He posted his podcast and he said in the podcast that he was in his own head about the stuff with the refs, that he wasn't playing with the forest. He was worried about it technical and he said this, which is at this point in his career, he can't be effective without acting crazy. Jalen Brown's driving past him at will. He doesn't score, and so go ahead, you see, we'll get to the other tweets in a moment.
Speaker 5: No, I just think Raymond is like, you're so out on Draymond frying himself.
Speaker 2: It's so wild.
Speaker 4: So I think it's the worst game Finals game by a future Hall of Famer I've ever seen. You've got Micah Adams, who's a great follow on Twitter, and then we can get back to the other tweets. I think said it's one of the least productive Finals games by anyone ever. As far back as the data goes, there has never been a player in Finals history to play as many minutes as Draymond did, foul out and have fewer than five points, five rebounds, five assists, first time ever. But I think there's more tweets we can show. I'm not sure because I went I tweeted about a lot of these things. Because then even at the press conference, Draymond.
Speaker 2: Well podcast shout out well.
Speaker 4: More than yes. So I wrote, at least my guy, Colin Coward's getting his money's worth because he's on Collins podcast Network. Not sure about Joe Lacom. Joe Lacob is the owner of the Warriors. We go on from there, which is Draymond. I've said it for and I'll say it again. You should only be allowed to bring your adorable children to celebratory press conferences. He brought his little kid to the press conference, which Steph started. Of course, Steph started that Lebron's Don Jr. Has done it. A lot of guys have done it in general. I like it, particularly because there's such a negative stigma with black fathers, an unfair one and one we've talked about on the pod before. I like seeing the guys in a majority black league bring their kids. However, when you know that the reporters want to be able to ask you tough questions, it feels a little bit like using your children as a shield. Now, the day after the Chiefs lost to the Bengals. I started first things first with Deanna sitting on my lap as a kind of a joke about that the idea like, no, I'm going to use my child as a shield. But now let's talk about Draymond in the pot because Isaiah Thomas, the Great Isaiah Thomas ripped him after the game, so he's focused on the wrong things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I may in the finals.
Speaker 4: Dude, You're in the finals. And someone at one of the reporters asked him about the podcast, and Draymond got pissed and I tweeted about that too. Showed more fight arguing about the podcast than he did during the game. And the numbers are the numbers.
Speaker 5: Well, his teammates aren't like I feel like if I'm Steph Curry, I'm like, Yo, get the hell off the podcast, man, dude.
Speaker 4: And it's Tom Haberstrow. Just put this out. Credit to Tom as far as for Draymond for the series. This is Tom Haberstrow's Draymond Green has a true shooting percentage of thirty two point one percent, the lowest of any player with at least one hundred minutes in the first three games of the finals. Since the stats since the stats go back from the nineteen eighty four finals to now, Draymond Green has the lowest true shooting percentage of any high minute player that we've seen. Yeah, it's not he has as many fouls as points. He has been it. Last night, Steph was very good until the fourth. Clay had his best game of the series. No Celtic went off and the Warriors got blown out because Draymond was that bad. It's a huge problem for them, a huge problem for them. All right, let's go. Let's move on to something I think Draymond's been talking about. Actually, go ahead, what's the next one?
Speaker 5: Yeah, everyone's been talking about how basketball was so much, so much more physical.
Speaker 2: Back in the day.
Speaker 5: Yet Boston won the game with defensive rebounding. You're an NBA story. Didn't Boston for like an old school team in Game three? And can older generations please stop acting like basketball used to be so much better?
Speaker 4: Okay, I don't know that Boston felt like an old school team in Game three? I do agree.
Speaker 2: What no, no, no, no, go ahead, I do.
Speaker 4: Agree with that last thing. I here's the thing to fellow media people, here's what I would request.
Speaker 5: Also back when Ron Artest was going back and going in the audience and freaking, well, that's destroying.
Speaker 4: That wasn't the ninth That was when I was in college. This is late two thousand. But here's the other thing that I would request from the media. There's an old adage and old cliche. It's not a story when dog bites man. It's a story when man bites dog. Meaning you don't put things in the newspaper that aren't surprising. You put things in the newspaper that are surprising that are news. It is not news that player from the eighties says the eighties was the best. It is not news that player from the nineties says the nineties was the best. I do not care about these stories unless it is guy from era X says that era was worse than the current era, or guy from this era says this era is worse than a previous era. Guys are always going to try to protect their own legacies, which means protecting when they were playing. All right, what's last.
Speaker 5: Hope for the Warriors? Yeah, Clay looked much better in game three. He said he watched highlights of himself before the game to get him fired up. I might start watching my highlights before every podcast.
Speaker 4: By the way, wait, like your basketball highlights or your podcast highlight.
Speaker 2: A mixture of both, a mixture of both.
Speaker 4: Got okay? Smart?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And is Clay back? And does it matter if he is?
Speaker 4: Certainly not back defensively? And right now, with Draymond playing the way he's playing, the Warriors are going to struggle defensively. I think Clay maybe has one more good game in him, but that's not going to be enough. But everyone likes Clay. But Clay and Steve Kerr both whined about the Boston crowd, which was channing F you, Draymond, f U Draymond. Really yeah, Now, I'm not a big fan of crowds channing curse words. Okay, I don't think.
Speaker 5: That is F Draymond's a very reasonable one.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. I probably wasn't supposed to say that.
Speaker 4: No, you're fine, No, you can say whatever you think. What about just Draymond sucks? What about that? I understand the idea that that an entire trap channing the F bomb because you got kids there, you don't love it. Let me just finish this and then go ahead. But Clay is the same guy that when they were playing Lebron in twenty sixteen and Lebron got called You're gonna have to bleep this whole thing. He got called up by a lady when he was walking off the court and Draymond cursed at him, and Lebron got mad, and Clay was like, oh, I guess Lebron got his feelings hurt. You know some guys it's a Clay said, it's a man's game. I guess he got his feelings hurt. Now Clay and Steve Kerr acting like the fans and the Golden State fans would never give me a break. Get and I'm not one to defend the Boston fans, but give me a break, all right? Go ahead? What was the thing you wanted to say?
Speaker 5: No, I I totally agree with what you just said there. You got to watch what you say because you never know how little age. Yes, but uh, I feel like Draymond specifically being the guy that he is like any other NBA player, I understand, but a player that takes pride on like trash talking and getting in people's heads totally, he brought.
Speaker 4: It on himself. This similarly to how Kyrie did right Like there are two guys, the Boston crowd's going after, both of which have earned right and again it would have been better if they don't include the F bombs, but they Kerr and Clayer like, oh, there's just a lot of class, a lot of classes. Yeah, all right, we'll be right back, all right, welcome back in special Thursday episode, even though we usually do have Thursday episodes, but they're usually not recorded same day, So if you guys are hearing this on Thursday or on Friday, we recorded this right after Game three of the finals. But there are some non finals things to get to, so to Monday, let's get right to it. What are we starting the second segment of the show with.
Speaker 2: Let's do it?
Speaker 5: Commander's defensive coordinator Jack do Rio Claude, January sixth A dust up, A dust up? Yeah wow. He later apologized for these comments. He also had some thoughts about the protesters after George Floyd's murder.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Washington's player.
Speaker 5: Washington's players and coaches mostly downplayed the comments.
Speaker 2: But it has to be an issue. What should happen?
Speaker 4: Okay it listen, if we lived in a world with any intellectual consistency whatsoever, the same folks that talked about. Listen, it's not that cap can't play, it's that he might be a distraction. And you don't want your quarterback, your backup quarterback, to be a distraction. They'd be saying, you don't want your mediocre, multiple time failure defensive coordinator be a distraction. But of course there'll be no consistency. And Jack del Riel's Twitter feed is wild. And when I say it's wild, I mean wild. I'm shocked it hasn't been a story before here. What should happen here is nothing will happen. Ron Rivera, who everybody likes and I like him too, but he talks real tough about accountability for his players. Meanwhile his coach is out here, I mean, promoting Denesh Desuza's documentaries talking about trans folks on Twitter. It's a wild twitter feed. But set that aside. Here's what shouldn't happen. Jack del Rio shouldn't tweet the January tweet about we're spending too much time talking about January sixth, the insurrection of the Capitol, not enough time talking about the riots and the murders and the looting. And this alternate universe where the summer of twenty twenty was like the summer of sixty eight where the country's on fire, when that's not what happened. Not to say there wasn't riots and there wasn't looting, but the idea that the country was just overrun with it is a historic but set that aside. He tweeted about that, then he held a press conference where he doubled down on it and called it a dust up, and then eight hours later he sends out the most mealy mouthed non apology. And that's the only part of this I actually have problem with.
Speaker 2: Do those coaches and stuff have do they have publicists and stuff?
Speaker 4: Well, listen, a good tell that maybe he didn't write the apology. He's in the notes thing he posted. It still has quotation marks, so one would think maybe someone sent him that in quotes and he was just like, oh, copy paste.
Speaker 2: We had one job, dude.
Speaker 4: Okay. But here's the thing. I don't believe your apology. You tweeted about it, you didn't had a day to think about it, You out a press conference, then a few hours later what happened. You got elucidated on what actually happened in January sixth Give me a break if you're going to believe. You're allowed to believe what you want to believe and say whatever you want to say. If you're good enough at your job, nobody will care. I don't even think he's that good at his job, But set that aside. But the whole you clearly believe this and then give some bullsh apology. It's cowardly. It's cowardly nonsense. And do I think that he's going to have certain issues by clearly being more bothered by protests that were, at their best protest about racial equality and justice and then obviously in certain instances, turned very bad, that he has more of an issue with those protests than something that at its best was an attempt to overthrow the United States government and at worst a plot to hang the Vice president that he calls that a Yeah, I do think some of his players might take a slight issue with it. All right, what's next?
Speaker 5: The athletic report of the Suns had a COVID outbreak during the Dallas series. Yeah, unclear if any players tested positive.
Speaker 2: And who they were.
Speaker 5: Wait, I'm sorry, no one on the Suns look ready to play in Game seven?
Speaker 2: Could this explain Phoenix's belt? Then?
Speaker 4: Why it's just like, tell me you were just looking.
Speaker 2: For ways, Like it's just so wild people.
Speaker 5: I'm definitely I'm not laughing because I think that some of the players on Phoenix got COVID and that's why they lost Game seven.
Speaker 2: I just think they had it coming to him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, people are looking for ways to try to and that's why this is in the show. And I know why Matt and Gabe and Nick Winer, who I didn't know what the important job he had until recently. He was on a very high level call. I'm like, gosh, I didn't Nick at such a big job. Here's why I guy all these guys, I just assumed he was. I assumed he was a bit of a dupist because I think he wants to hang out with you and play basketball. I'm like, why, I just assumed he was like a PA shouts I know why Alton and also shout at the pas. I'm not I'm not taking shots at you guys.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: I know why there's in the show. They're trying to undercut whose achievement They're trying to undercut me. Sticking with the MAVs down two oh, singing the MAVs down three to two. I'm not gonna allow that. If anything, it shows that if the Sun's because there's light reporting that maybe there was a Sun player, Chris Paul, that did test positive and they're trying and they're like, if that's true, you wasn't supposed to play. Yeah, they broke the rules. If anything. You know what I think, Here's what I think. I think maybe the the MAVs poor performed against the Warriors. What's the incubation period for COVID. Maybe that whole day they had a super spreader event known as Game seven of the Western Conference semifinals, and they were they people thought Luca was out of shape. Maybe maybe his lungs were operating at sixty percent capacity. If anything, we might need to replay the Western Conference. That's what I say. All Right, let's play this or that, let's play a game.
Speaker 2: Time for this or that?
Speaker 5: Have the bigger red flag in Boston the Celtics raised, the Warriors ren too high or Patriots players alarmed about offensive coaching staff.
Speaker 4: Okay, so here's the deal on that. I think that people are kind of underplaying the rims being too high in Boston.
Speaker 2: I'm definitely one of them, because, like I just it.
Speaker 4: It is wild because why here's why it's wild. I have heard that's a thing they do on purpose, so.
Speaker 2: Like when it's game time. I don't like that. They wouldn't like.
Speaker 4: No, not for the game. Yeah, throw them off cut into their shoot around time. I don't want to. We had a guest on the TV show. Don't tweet this out, by the way, this is just for the people who are actually watching or listening to the podcast. I don't need this to be clipped socially. But we had a guest on the TV show years ago say that that happens at TD Garden a lot, that they screw with it a bit. Now it's always fixed by game time. But that's a little home court advantage, if you will. Do I think that impacted the game?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: Do I think though it's a little bush league and do I think it kind of goes in line with the Patriots, like the headsets cutting out and these different added advantages in Boston. No, with the Patriots, you know your coach, your coordinator, and your quarterback are almost hear each other. And the rule is if one team's communication system goes down, neither team can use it. And for a long time, people that were playing in New England would say on critical moments on third down, the communication system would go out for a play and then come back, so that way they didn't have to shut it down for both sides. But just oddly enough in our biggest.
Speaker 2: Got to get to the to the Patriots scandalous ways.
Speaker 4: Oh no, I mean it's just massive, just cheating for two decades, and so do I think it's possible, you know they cheated. I think Boston's you know, baseball manager was part of the Astros cheating scandal. I don't know anything about the Bruins, but the Celtics were raising rims too high. It's something's a little fishy, is all I'm gonna say there. That to me is a bigger story than the pay. Of course, the Patriots are alarmed at their offensive coaching staff. It's Joe Judge and Matt Patricia who that wouldn't be alarmed? All right, what's next?
Speaker 5: Which one is a future Nick Zion or Spider so Zion or Donovan Mitchell?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Sorry, no, you're fine. I I'm gonna say, if I had to bet, I would say neither. But if it's one of the two, Donovan Mitchell. I also think Donovan Mitchell is not the player a lot of people make him.
Speaker 2: Out to be.
Speaker 4: Donovan Mitchell is an excellent scorer, a total non factor or not even non factor that's too good, negative factor on defense. If Donovan Mitchell is your best player, you are absolutely drawing dead to win the title. If he's your second best player, you need a perfect team around him to win the title, and a great number one. I would not trade RJ. Barrett my whole future for Donovan Mitchell. I wouldn't do it. But I don't think Zion's going anywhere anytime soon. All Right, what's next?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 5: Saquon Barkley says he's got his swaggerback. Which top two pick in the twenty eighteen NBA draft or NFL draft? Go ahead, that's a better season or Baker?
Speaker 4: There you go? You got it together at the end, uh Baker. I don't trust the Giants infrastructure. I don't trust the Giants offensive line. I unfortunately don't know how much I trust at this point, post all the injuries. And I think there's a sneaky chance Baker plays for the Browns this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, I think Deshaun might be suspended for the whole year.
Speaker 5: Yeah, dude put his what was that his Twitter on private? Like he doesn't have like millions of followers.
Speaker 4: Who did Deshaun Watson? Oh, I didn't see that. I didn't know he did that. I listen, we have and let me just say some of the audience here, we have intentionally not talked a lot about the Deshaun Watson story here. The reason for that is little pull the curtain back moment. I find the Deshaun Watson's story to be so disturbing, and I so clearly. I think it's so clear and obvious he doesn't have a two dozen plus person conspiracy working against him. I think, in my belief, he so clearly is done much of what he's accused of doing that. I don't think there is a good way to discuss that and then be like, now let's play a game. And so I you can say that's a bad job by me journalistically. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. But we try to as often as we can keep this podcast light and fun. You know, it's not what I would call hardcore sports journalism. And so it is impossible for me to talk about the d Shown thing without going down some really dark paths. But as I've said before and I'll say again, my general burden of proof is if you have more than two totally unrelated parties accusing you of something similar, I tend to believe them. If you have more than two dozen unrelated parties accusing you of something, I absolutely believe them. The latest allegation against the Shawn are as disturbing as any and so I think the NFL might suspend him for the year. If they do, then I think Baker's gonna have to play, and I think he might just end up playing in Cleveland. So there's the quick answer there. I the final question here was supposed to be about Jurassic Park. I actually want to talk about that in the final segment. We'll do that next. We'll be right back, all right, welcome back. In final segment of this special same day episode of What's Right with Nick Wright, the podcast did a lot of Game three reaction little football stuff, and then we didn't have time in the last segment to get to it. We have won more this or that demons, What would our final this or that have been? We're gonna do it right here.
Speaker 2: Pick one to watch this Weekend Jurassic Park or Hustle.
Speaker 4: Okay, so I want to talk about both these movies for different reasons. First one is Jurassic Park franchise is wildly underrated. Yeah, every Jurassic Park movie is awesome.
Speaker 2: It's been going on for so long.
Speaker 4: Dinosaurs movies are naturally kick ass, the the the update.
Speaker 2: What what other dinosaur movies are there?
Speaker 4: I don't know, Maybe they've cornered the market. That's a great you know what, great take. You stumbled up on a great take? Why are there more dinosaur movies?
Speaker 5: Jurassic Park's got a monopoly on the game. I feel like once you make Jurassic I just don't think there's there's too much further you can go. Who knows, I mean, all right, there probably is things that can be done, but maybe.
Speaker 4: These what about a dinosaur movie with no humans? It's just dinosaurs?
Speaker 2: Okay, that's National Geographic right there, what I mean?
Speaker 5: And I feel like that actually is a thing, like they do have like the little but they're not like realistic. They're like little CGI or obviously the other dinosaurs and.
Speaker 4: Videos of dinosaurs on National Graphic Like, hey man, okay, I I get what you're saying point is all the love, the Fast, and the Furious franchise gets Take at least thirty percent of that and give it to the Jurassic Park franchise, which kicks ass and has been relevant for thirty years now at this point and is awesome. That's first point. Second point, Uh, shout out to LeBatard Show that tweeted out this fact, which is wild to think about. Did you you know what a stegosaurus is? Yes, you know what a Tyrannosaurus rex is? Correct? Did you know the Tyrannosaurus rex lived closer in time to human beings than it lived to the stegosaurus. So the Trannosaurus rex like sixty five million years ago, the stegosaurus was like one hundred and thirty five million years before that. How about that? Think about how long dinosaurs was Rome and Earth. There's a great book that I read called The End of the Worlds, which talks about the seven apocalyptic events that have totally changed global climate over the total expanse of geologic history, and the extinction level event for the dinosaurs is one of the most interesting pair or chapters of any book I've ever read.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, oh, what was that?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: I mean nothing.
Speaker 4: I just know when you're totally out on what I'm saying. Yeah, No, No, No, you just don't know what to do. No, Like, yeah, sound sounds cool, geologic apocalyptic event.
Speaker 5: No, because honestly, you know, it's as real as they say dinosaurs are and how they used to they once.
Speaker 2: Roam the earth.
Speaker 5: A little part of me is just not go for that. You guys make me up all you want. None of you guys seen anything. You guys say that there are these fossils in the ground that we found.
Speaker 2: That say, yeah, dude, get the hell out of here.
Speaker 5: There's there's so so much other things that like the government makes up. And I'm not going for a whole conspiracy theory thing here, but like dinosaurs might have been a little bit smaller than what people are anticipating.
Speaker 2: It might have not been.
Speaker 4: Alright, No, I just want to let you keep going.
Speaker 2: I'm done send this little part to me.
Speaker 4: So do you remember how the other day we were Are you going to say, we're walking, I'm gonna say what I'm about to say. Do you remember how the other day we were walking and you were like, every time we go on one of these walks, I think about that time at Frenchies. Yeah, and that time at Frenchies is like a placeholder for like the most troubled demands ever got in high school. I took them to frenchiess fried chicken and we talked.
Speaker 2: It made it seem like everything was all good, like let's go eat.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it wasn't all good. So you remember how like angry and disappointed I was with you that day. Yeah, I am so much more disappointed right now. No, this is I'm not I'm disappointed myself. I'm disappointed because of dinosaurs, man, because you're like, do you know the the government lies about stuff? Do you know what a high on? You sound like right now? Talking about our dinosaur is real?
Speaker 2: All right? So what are those people call it?
Speaker 4: The archaeologist archaeologists?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'd like to be with one of them when they find one of their fossils or whatever and what and you'd like and then I.
Speaker 2: Will be a believer. Wow. I wish it.
Speaker 4: The way I feel about Muhammad Ali and his prime I wish I was there to see it is the way Demanse feels about velociraptors.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they wouldn't mess with me, guarantee of that.
Speaker 4: I don't know if this is the single best or the single worst moment in the history of the podcast. I do know this this also is a podcast and YouTube exclusive. If you think this is getting pushed out on social and I have to, I don't know how long your media career is going to last.
Speaker 2: And I hope let's red the sea blood.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, this can stay out there. I know this mine is gonna last for it. I would hope another fifteen to twenty years. I don't need thrown in my face regularly. Hey, buddy, aren't you the guy whose son it wants to You know, he wants to know if dinosaurs are real. That's a bad job by me.
Speaker 5: Well they're not real. They're not here anymore. They were once real. They were once a thing.
Speaker 4: They were once real.
Speaker 2: They might have been a thing one a long time ago.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'll take it. We've got we've got We've got you to they were once a thing. I will take that victory where we can get it. We we gotta go. We gotta go get some science books and go to some museums and have long you know what we gotta do. We gotta go to frenchies. We gotta go talk about this. See you next week.