Speaker 1: Welcome to the Ravens Press Pass podcast. The Ravens are gearing up for a Sunday night football game against the LA Chargers this week on the road, and today we had a chance to talk with hey coach John Harball as the Ravens prepared for this prime time matchup.
Speaker 2: Okay, appreciate, appreciate you guys being here, good practice, getting ready to go, big challenge in front of us, So we're looking forward to that. But we've got a lot of work to do this week still. Before we get started, I just want to express, uh, you know, gratitude on Thanksgiving week. I know you guys are going to be here tomorrow, so we're grateful for you guys, actually we are, and for what you do in terms of connecting the team and the players and everybody with the fans. Fans get a chance to have a lens into the into the into the organization and the team through through the media, and you guys do a great job with that and we appreciate it. Great group to work with every single day, So I say that genuinely, thank you, okay. And then for our fans and also for our families, I'm very grateful for my family, and very grateful for the grace of God chance to get up every day and breathe and and uh and do what we get a chance to do. So with that, what questions you have.
Speaker 3: Let's start the interests.
Speaker 4: Yea, Marlon, Marlon and Ronnie. We're back out there, so I'm guessing that's possibly trending in the right direction.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think everybody's doing a really good job of trying to get back and and uh, you know, I think this time of year, you're gonna have those things that guys are gonna be fighting through. You're never going to be certain about every single guy every single week. But we're we're generally a healthy football team. So we'll just see where we're at on Sunday when we get there.
Speaker 3: We were out there when Bason went down. Is is that just precautionary or.
Speaker 2: We'll just have to see it doesn't look like a you know, real serious injury or anything like that. But he should he should be fine, But we'll see how it feels tomorrow.
Speaker 6: Speaking of players coming back, Damarian or Peppe Williams is back just outside or you see a young kid like that to be back up the field.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very excited for him.
Speaker 3: He's aroun here.
Speaker 2: He've been run here for the last month, telling me, you know, he wants to go, he wants to go, and finally the trainers cleared him and and to see him out there with his enthusiasm. Peppy's always high energy guy. He's out there talking already. So yeah, it was fun to have out there, and I think you'll have a chance to really contribute as we go forward here.
Speaker 7: I heard the report that Andrews had surgery, But was that kind of the outcome you we're expecting with doctor Anderson?
Speaker 6: And is it still kind of what you were saying might have a chance to be able to return wait.
Speaker 3: And see them right?
Speaker 2: It was, it was, it was all positive. I had a chance to review the MRI and the pictures on it. I gave it my thumbs up after he was explaining to me what the heck was going on. But no, the bar reports, Doctor Anderson told our doctors and our trainers that everything went really well and we'll just see where it goes from here.
Speaker 8: John with the vibe right around the corner. Obviously, like you said, you guys are mostly healthy, but are you for the guys that are nurse and injury.
Speaker 9: Are you contemplating extra.
Speaker 8: Rest, considering the buy around the corner, or how are you approaching this game any differently when it comes to playing status with a certain guy.
Speaker 2: Uh, We're we're playing. We're we're approaching with the idea that it's a very important game. Obviously, it's a huge game for us, and uh, and we need to go out there and win the game. So it's all hands on deck. We're gonna try to get everybody to the game that we can and we'll see how that goes.
Speaker 6: At that point.
Speaker 9: It's you know, up with one game thinking at the twenty two or three games. Spankings speak to the value of that kind of thing at this point of the season, I guess, particularly you know, guys comes back from the increasing.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, Broan, I mean I think we'll have a good feel for that when we get back, you know what it means to us. But uh, this is just the way the schedule went this year. You know, these games got spaced right here, which is you know, is what it is. You know, we packed We had eleven games I think under our belt and there nobody else had more than nine, I think basically. And and so I was I'm proud of the way the guys handled all that. You know, Now, our focus is on this one game. Put the best game together we can on Sunday, to be as prepared as we can play as well and hard as we can on Sunday out there in Los Angeles, and that's really what we're focused on.
Speaker 4: You know, it's another prime time game obviously, what you guys just had.
Speaker 3: The curious team like those?
Speaker 9: You know, can you get up for those?
Speaker 3: Like players do? What's you know you do?
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, you do, you get up for every game, but I mean Sunday night football. You know, it's like Thursday night football in the sense that it's everybody's watching. You're the only game, you know, and it'll be the game that every football fan will have turned on. And our guys appreciate that because that's part of it.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Players love to be on that stage and they love to have an opportunity to compete in that kind of environment. Obviously. Uh, you know, it's against a really good football team, it's an AFC rival, it's just an important game. So our guys will be ready to go. John.
Speaker 8: You look at the Chargers, they throw the ball a lot to Keenan Allen, I mean, have you seen this tight.
Speaker 3: Didn't notice that? You have you noticed? I mean have you seen that before?
Speaker 8: This type of Obviously everybody has a go to receiver, but to this degree, how is a game planning for a team where you know where they want to go with the ball?
Speaker 2: Well, they do, and they do they you know they do with Keenan, and they also do you know, with with Eckler. I mean he gets the ball a lot too, in various different types of ways. But that's not their only weapons. I mean, obviously the quarterback, he can get out and run, he can throw, he does a lot of things. He's dangerous. But they have a lot of good skill players. You know, every one of their guys is dangerous in their own right. And they spread the ball around. You say, okay, they throw it to the number thirteen a lot, Well they do, but then you see the ball going to everybody else. And they scheme different guys different ways in different games, and different guys are very talented. They built a very talented offensive skill set. Guys. All all the tight ends are receiving tight ends. Every single one of them is a good receiving tight end. They got five of them. Four of them play all the time, so it's a really they're they're really good on offense for a reason. They do a great job with SI and it's gonna be a challenge for us.
Speaker 4: I'm with you, guys, being the one seed in the AFC.
Speaker 6: Is is it something that you care about right now?
Speaker 4: Or is a kind of meetingless with so much football left to be played?
Speaker 2: You know, it's than it's good before you want to be at this point, but it doesn't mean anything until the last after the last game in terms of playoff seeding. So you know, you get the lead, keep the lead, I guess it means something in that sense. So we controlled a certain amount of our destiny. I don't know what the tie breakers would say, but to some degree we do, I guess. And but really we just got to keep winning. We got to take it one game at a time. We want to know this week and that's that's really all our guys are talking about, and that's all they're thinking about.
Speaker 1: That was that coach John Harball. We also had a chance to talk with tight end Isaiah Likely, who's going to be a really important player for this team. As Mark Andrews underwent surgery to repair it injury in his foot and ankle. So Isaiah likely is next man up with these tight ends, and he talked about the expectations he has from and also talking with Mark to help provide some guidance and advice as he goes through this process.
Speaker 3: I think I.
Speaker 6: Remember you showing up in old Mark Jackson TikTok last year. How quickly you did that friendship kind of you know lost in twenty tents.
Speaker 3: It was kind of fast. I mean, you know coming in to the league. I love at Lamar like a superhero.
Speaker 10: So like the fact that he went out his way, spoke to me first, you know, introduced himself, and like we just been clicking ever since. So he's been a blessing for real, Hasaiah?
Speaker 8: How would those games where you feel down for Mark? How how would those be live into How would those help him now where you're.
Speaker 9: Feeling in for him again?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 10: Really just being on my feet are I mean A's coach always says like next man up mentality. I mean, I love Mark. I mean it hurt when he went down, Like Mark told me, you know, just say it, stay the course and stay ready all the time.
Speaker 4: Mark cluck yesterday about it. Hell, he has that connection where when things break down, he still sort of has the sense of the word look for Mark. Do you feel like you could have that with Lamar barely quickly?
Speaker 3: Ah.
Speaker 10: I'm not gonna say it's as create as Mark, cause as you said, like they came in together, they brothers, So yeah, like that's just pean and brother and Jelly. But you know, it's filling in the role and then trying to incorporate what I do the same way as Mark does and try to be on the same time and they have with the chemistry they me and m Lamar have, is really gonna click to how the offense goes.
Speaker 1: You talk about the advice that Mark gave you, Is that the night of or if you spoken to him since?
Speaker 10: So the night that happened. I told Mar you know, I called Martin. He answer, But it's obviously like I texted him saying like when you ready to talk. I know everybody's blowing your phone up. I know that's you gonna through a lot right now. Just hit me up, and he hit me up. Yesterday we talked for a little bit. I'm not gonna say what we talked about, but we d he's definitely in good spirits.
Speaker 1: D does that mean something to you?
Speaker 3: You know, like him that's giving me your advice and encouraging you and knowing that this is kind of big outre with you for sure.
Speaker 10: I mean I I tell everybody like Mark's like that big brother role in aspect, and he's done a fantastic job helping me day in and day out on r uh run blocking pas past route, running past block and everything and just giving me everything, voice of wisdom everything I do. So you know, having him still be able to talk to me even after his injury definitely was heartwarming.
Speaker 6: Let's practice been like this week not having him here and stepping into probably more of a prominent role.
Speaker 10: Uh really, I've been just you know, trying to majoring on the little details. I mean, just you know, still understanding that I have a role and then just understand that well O what uh Lamar needs M mean more to do in in terms of if uh you know, if I got to speed up this route, if if he wants me to block differently on the ads for him, cause I I'm not gonna lie me. Me and Mark do things different in our own ways that's what makes us human. But like just still trying to incorporate and blame with the with the offense.
Speaker 3: I see how much.
Speaker 6: Has unselfishness and patience has been important for you that you're given.
Speaker 3: You guys made a bunch of wide receiver editions. There's only one ball to go around.
Speaker 6: How much that you have to kind of remind yourself that your chance will come.
Speaker 10: I mean, I feel like it's it's a blessing we have so many weapons on the offense because it makes people like my job easier, cause now you either have to respect everybody or you double somebody, and now you leave somebody that you don't want guarding somebody else. So I felt like, you know, just staying the course and just waiting for you know, the body come my way, and just making the most out of it.
Speaker 4: He came into the league with Charlie. I mean, if if he also gets a bigger opporney over the most years, what do you feel like he'll bring to the table.
Speaker 10: I feel like charge is an amazing tight end. I mean just having us both on the field, you guys finally getting seeing in him and his uh first NFL season fully after him playing the last game in Cincinnati. I feel like he's coming along with I.
Speaker 9: Know you're disappointed, of course about Mark going down, but what's your confidence level internally and your excitement to having an increase roll some more opportunity there.
Speaker 10: I I'd be just excited to play football day in and day out. So I mean just bringing a smile every day to work and to the team, and then showing the offense that you got my one hundred percent day in the day out.
Speaker 5: God stuff all the time about year two being easier than realkiear in, what ways is it different for you?
Speaker 3: Or what ways do you think?
Speaker 5: You know you're a better player than your world when you shield.
Speaker 10: Up, you know last year ways, I say differently, Uh, I felt like this year we have a lot more weapons, So like as you guys said, like there's only one ball to go around, So just making the most out of your opportunities, I say differently. And then what's easier is being able to talk to everybody. I mean, as a rookie, you don't really know nobody, you don't know how the system works, you don't really know who you could talk to, who you can lean on. But by a year or two you've already made those chemistries, the decisions, and really those relationships around where if you don't understand something, not only can you ask a coach, you can also ask that teammate and like just lean on them.
Speaker 5: You weld hear like a line in the off season like, well, what were you working on? It seemed like you know, you really came, you know, cutting in shape. What were you thinking about all season?
Speaker 3: Uh? Really just.
Speaker 10: Everything. I mean, just watching watching more film, seeing if I can decipher defenses a lot faster than what I was used to rookie year, cause you know, the one thing that Michaelases priests going into the rookie year was it's a lot a lot faster in the NFL. So really just trying to speed that process down and going into here two and then trying to make the most of my opportunities.
Speaker 3: How do you handle Thanksgiving? What are your what are your plans? Uh?
Speaker 10: Probably gonna see the family for a little bit because they came down here. Need some mama cooking, you know, I always gotta get that.
Speaker 1: That was tied end Isaiah Likely. We also talk with cornerback Brandon Stevens. He is having an excellent year and there's gonna be a lot of responsibility on him. Is the Ravens face justin Herbert and Keenan Allen and the Dynamic Chargers offense. Here's what Brandon had to say.
Speaker 3: What's what sticks after you at all? Sorry to get what sticks out to you that Keenan Allen.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you know, he's he's a big part of you know, their their offense. Uh, you know the offense runs through here. Uh. But now he's you know, he's a he's a skilled player. Uh, got a you know, finesse to his game. But I'm you know, I'm excited for the metro.
Speaker 6: How much better prepared do you think he winds up in a slot a lot? You used to see Kyle lining up there a lot. How much better prepared is Kyle for responsibility like that this year compared to you know, I guess very one.
Speaker 3: Is kind of coming into this.
Speaker 11: Team last year with Yeah, I think, uh, you know, you know, Kyle's he's he's definitely grown. You know, I I can say that about you know a lot of guys on defense. Uh uh but yeah, he's you know, he's prepared each game. You know, he uh puts the work in, you know, weekend week out, uh, you know, on the practice field, in the meeting room. So uh yeah, he'll he'll be he'll be prepared for the uh for the matchup for brand.
Speaker 1: You guys are uh in the mist of playing four out of five games in prime time in the top ten A and C.
Speaker 4: There's just a lot of attention on this team.
Speaker 9: But now how do you how do you handle that.
Speaker 6: From you know you and you know that kind of everybody who's.
Speaker 2: Whole eyes are on you.
Speaker 11: Yeah, we uh you know, My model honestly personally is you know, just to stay even kell you know, like you said, there's a lot of odds on us, but you know, we just gotta stay uh, you know, just stay focused on what's at hand and uh you know uh and that's the charges and you know, and not letting the outside noise, you know, affect us and you know, get in our heads, cause at the end of the day, it doesn't matter, you know, Uh, what matters is what we do on Sunday.
Speaker 3: There was the point of the off season.
Speaker 6: I forgot exactly road walks with John Harparts that the plan was to play.
Speaker 3: With safety this year.
Speaker 6: When in your mind did that change and and when did you know you were gonna be playing corner.
Speaker 11: Uh yeah, uh yeah, training camp, you know, spend a lot of time at safety and nickel.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 11: I I would say, you know, the the the change really came towards the the middle of the end of training camp, and uh you know, I I honestly knew that that was where I was gonna stick, you know, uh in training camp. But uh I I would say that, uh that when Marlon went down.
Speaker 3: When Marlon went down in training camp, is that sort of when he felt. Nah, honestly, they.
Speaker 11: I was kind of just a like a bubble guy, like you know, corner wasn't out of the question l as you know, as everybody knows. I I was all around you know, on the uh defense, safety, nickel, corner. But yeah, you know obviously you know, guys go down, you gotta fill fill some spots. Uh, But corner was never out of the out of the mix.
Speaker 8: Burn in early last year, the the big plays, especially in the past game, we're a little bit of a problem that's gone away. Really, you guys don't give up many big plays at all now defensively.
Speaker 3: Why why do what? What has been the reason behind that?
Speaker 11: Do you feel like just just execution, you know, uh you know, and and y you know, just just being prepared.
Speaker 3: You know, the week starts, you.
Speaker 11: Know, uh you know here on on on Monday, on Tuesday, and so we just gotta take what we do uh to the field. And I think that's that's helped uh a lot.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 11: You know, we honestly haven't given up you know, too many big plays this year, and you know the ones that we do is just lack of communication. But uh, you know communication, you know, breede understandings. So that's what we're in for, guys.
Speaker 9: Growing. You know, this season's curious what what are the biggest dribe you've made in particularly to corner back?
Speaker 3: And and is that specific for cornerback?
Speaker 9: Is that something you were kind of relishing even though safety.
Speaker 3: Is was in the Mini sta Yeah.
Speaker 11: Uh, you know, I play you know corner my uh uh uh uh in college you know, so that was that was my main position. But you know, I I you know, I I I love I just love love being on the field, you know, no matter where it is.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 11: But you know, uh, you know, corners, the you know, definitely my type of game. I you know, I love the island, Uh, and you know that's that's that's where I had fund at rand.
Speaker 3: Where do you think he made the biggest stride?
Speaker 11: But uh, man, just uh, I would say n numerous areas, you know, just just you know, zone matchups, you know, uh, you know, covering one on ones, you know, taking away number one receivers. Uh yeah, I think I think I've made strides in those areas.
Speaker 4: Brandon, You're in the same draft classes all way. You know, your kind of neighbors in the locker room, house sizes thing. Is it good to see him kind of break out the same year that you're breaking out.
Speaker 11: Man, It's it's good to see. It's good to see. Uh, you know, he's he's put the work in. You know, we're we're part of the same agency, and so uh you know, I you know, I see him putting work in, uh you know, up in Austin in the off season. But no, I'm I'm I'm happy for him. You know, I always tell him and like, just just stay focused, Like you know, nobody nobody cares about what you did last week.
Speaker 3: What are you gonna do this week?
Speaker 11: And so, uh, you know, we just try to, you know, keep each other focused, keep uh and whatnot.
Speaker 3: Brendan, you said you.
Speaker 7: Like being on that island. That sounds as much attitude as it is ability. Can you describe the mindset of wanting.
Speaker 3: To be on that island? Yeah?
Speaker 11: Man, uh shoot, the island is not for everybody. Uh uh you do y you know, it's it's mainly just confidence, you know, confidence in your technique. You know, just you know, being fearless out there and you know, knowing that you know who whoever's in front of you. Uh you know that's you know that you're in front of them, you know what I mean. And so, uh, it's it's definitely a mindset. Like you said, did you.
Speaker 7: Always want that or is that something you developed in terms of It's not for everybody, but it became something for you.
Speaker 11: Uh yeah, I g I guess I did, especially with my moved from a running back. Uh uh yeah, man, I I enjoyed it though. Uh but yeah, it's uh y, you just gotta relic in it, you know, and you know, take advantage of every every rep out there, uh cause you never know when that that one ball is gonna come your way. Uh.
Speaker 3: So yeah, you're ready.
Speaker 1: Uh justin Herbert's one of the top you know quarterbacks in the game.
Speaker 11: You know, we we talked about being on an island.
Speaker 1: They Ah, how how do you expect him to kind of uh test you guys as a secondary and.
Speaker 8: And challenge you know, you knowing that he's he's a guy that they don't hurt the ball all the way to kield.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Now he's he's a special quarterback.
Speaker 11: Uh and we know that he's a smart guy, able to recoverage just uh you know, can fit can fit balls and the tight and tight uh covers. Uh So yeah, I mean it's it's it's on us to you know, make it as hard as possible on it. Uh you know, with our covers, with with the game plan and you know things like that.
Speaker 3: So uh uh it it.
Speaker 11: It'll definitely be a good matchup, you know, going against him and you know, you know that their receivers.
Speaker 3: Uh so we're looking forward to that.
Speaker 9: Curious if you if you ever reflect back and was pausing you transfer, you know from use your lay to play some you and make that sphere you mentioned confidence. It just what gave you the confidence that you could do, you know, play cornerback and then uh obviously play cornerback.
Speaker 12: At this letter.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I think, Uh, I think the the confidence just just came from, you know, putting the work.
Speaker 3: Uh W.
Speaker 11: Once I decided to transfer, I you know, I I knew I could always play the position, and you know it was just a matter of you know, refining my my foot, my technique and whatnot. And you know obviously I was going to smu you know, kind of raw at that position. Uh uh So you know that that's where the confidence come from.
Speaker 3: Brandon drivers try.
Speaker 6: To convince uh coach push back any running back roots on the running back drills.
Speaker 11: Man, I'm I'm I've been crossing my fingers since since my rookie year to get a carry.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I don't know when.
Speaker 11: It's gonna come, if it's gonna come, but man, hopefully, hopefully I can break on.
Speaker 1: That was cornerback Brandon Stevens in the locker room today. We also talked with safety Kyle Hamilton.
Speaker 3: I mean, he's done this league a long time. Uh like Moore, I've been here, still doing it today at a high level.
Speaker 13: He's a super quick, very good route runners.
Speaker 3: Chris Fisher, He's a tough cover. But I think we've got a good point, you.
Speaker 1: Know, Justin herber is one of the top quarterback of the game and kind a little stress.
Speaker 2: Do you think that he will put on this?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 13: He I think he rushed for like seventy some yards last week against the Packers, And no, he's he's a super elusive guy that I mean, he's got such good art time that his life don't really get a lot of credit, but I mean he gains a lot of yards with his legs, keeps plays alive, and he just challenges teams across all levels. You know, he's super smart, got a great arm and can run around and make plays. So it's goning a tough challenge, you know, on the road going to LA, But I think we got the guys on our side that we can do it.
Speaker 1: How do you handle all the attention on you guys AVFC and you know we're playing in prime time games, a whole bunch down.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it's I feel like I don't know, I'm speaking for myself, but uh, like somebody said we were one number on the AFC. I'm like kind of thinking, like I feel like we haven't even played our best football yet, Like like we haven't even hit our stride yet.
Speaker 3: Because I feel like there's so much as a.
Speaker 13: Team that we can be more consistent with and more Chris more like concisely the defense being more consistent on a weekly basis. So I think it's kind of a good thing my perspective looking at it, like we're not even the best that we can get right now.
Speaker 3: Carol, we just quot with.
Speaker 7: Brandon Stevens have been moving from safety to corner. We just kind of a lot and Uh, as a teammate, what have you seen from him in the terms of his becom uncomfortable and profisient at that position?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 13: He I feel like he's kind of interesting for the corner position because he's so big, but he runs just as well as anybody, and he's uh super.
Speaker 3: Fast, who's physical, come up and tackle.
Speaker 13: You know, he played running back back in the day, so I guess he says he's physical from that, but whatever. But now he's got really good feet for his size and he's uh been making plays back there all year. So, uh, he proved himself early in the year, and I know there's some question marks coming in, but I feel like everybody can agree that he's at about his spot.
Speaker 3: What is that in your agency?
Speaker 9: You know, he's steel stepped it up this year articulation.
Speaker 3: What does that do for you guys?
Speaker 13: Yeah, I think around the whole defense, not including including b Steve, seems like guys have really just stepped up this year and everybody's coming to their own.
Speaker 3: You know, we had road p q uh uh.
Speaker 13: But I feel like those two, let me think those are kind of the only two guys coming back from last year. I was just like solidified, you know what, they're gonna do this and that. Even guys up front like Matta is having a great year, Kyle van Noyd coming over from the Chargers, He's having a great year. Dope came back from injury, having a great year. Missing about you guys, like even guys in the back end like Gino obviously Marcus coming getting hurt, coming back playing well, myself included. I feel like it's been a kind of a turn the page kind of year for our defense and hopefully continue to be exactly a lot of career.
Speaker 3: Back injuries and so forth.
Speaker 9: What does it say, like you he gets your step right into.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you guys get yeah.
Speaker 13: I mean it's a credit to the players, to guys being prepared, like Rock Darb Jalen credit to the coaches as well, getting ready, keeping them ready, you know, even though they're not getting a lot of reps throughout the week, being able to come in and play at a high level.
Speaker 3: For I think it's the best defense in the league.
Speaker 13: It's not easy being cold, especially at that position at corner and just being called on take go in and perform. So shout out to those guys. They'd be doing a great job of it, and I'm excited to see what they're gonna do.
Speaker 3: I'm curious about that.
Speaker 13: Derwin Jamis is the guy when when you were in college, did you look at him and think, oh, maybe that's kind of similar to the way I play like here, Yeah, I mean, he's definitely a guy who I've watched a lot of tape on, you know, coming out in college. I don't know exactly what year he was drafted, but he was definitely himself in the league by the time I was in college and watching guys like him, Justin Simmons, Tyron, Matthew, Kevin Bayer, like just getting bits and pieces from all their games and trying to apply it to mind while also saying true to myself what I can do, But Yeah, he's definitely one of the guys that I see is one of the better safeties in our league. And somebody that I've looked at is uh kind of an exactly of how to play a position?
Speaker 9: Is he somebody you know he's a two time All Pro, three time Pro bowler.
Speaker 3: Is he kind of like, you know, you've established yourself now in the league. I think people know you. Is it kind of like, all right, that's the next level for me, Like I.
Speaker 13: Can become that kind of funny you know, Yeah, I mean, yeah, that's definitely one of the goals to get those accolades, recognition. The same time, everybody goes to their own pace, and I'm not comparing myself to anybody.
Speaker 3: Uh, just do what I do and when I do how I do it. I feel like I'm confident in that.
Speaker 13: But at the same time, I can still give homage and respect to those who have doun gets up before me.
Speaker 1: That was safety Kyle Hamilton. We also talked with wide receiver Versaw Bateman. Bateman went down during the open media portion of practice, which caused a little bit of a scare as reporters were watching that time during practice, but Bateman assured everybody afterwards that everything is all okay, Like you said, is that the guys deal with.
Speaker 12: Is this the first time that this is kind of player that where you like like that, Yeah it is. I've been doing a good job. My foot is actually really healthy. It's been hanging it up pretty well. Uh, training staff as we're doing a good job with me, uh the team as well.
Speaker 11: So all is well.
Speaker 12: My phone is blown up already, but all is well my phone, my foot is fine, So I'll be out there on the field something for sure.
Speaker 13: How much do you guys look at it as it has to be a group effort to make up for Mark's absence.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know it, it's always a group effort.
Speaker 12: I think this world kind of get caught up in the wide receiver one kind of thing. But for the Balta Ravens this year, I think we could we have proved that, you know, anybody can have a big game, whether it's Mark Objj, myself, uh, anybody, the running backs. You know, we play as a unit that we play on selfish and I think that's why we've been able to have success so far.
Speaker 3: Among the U in Subarache.
Speaker 7: On one beaus, you just get they just put on your I mean.
Speaker 12: I I don know how good I am, but you know, the media has kind.
Speaker 3: Of put that perspective on me.
Speaker 12: So I'm gonna continue to let them do their thing, and I will just continue to do my thing.
Speaker 3: So it is what it is.
Speaker 9: For Sean, how did I did?
Speaker 10: I didn't feel to to get an in the song Oh Day.
Speaker 8: We talked to him after the game and they just talked about how he was for you.
Speaker 11: How how atten for you to.
Speaker 3: To get that stuff? It felt amazing.
Speaker 12: Uh felt better than my first one, cause uh, it's a lot where that came from, so you know, uh, hopefully many more to come.
Speaker 3: You actually tided a lot.
Speaker 1: Of picture to get to the point.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 3: From a timing perspective, and having it happened on prime time?
Speaker 8: Does that make you feel like it was worth the wait?
Speaker 3: It definitely was.
Speaker 12: I kind of liked it because we were all black. They're all black my favorite Jersey, so Uh to be able to have to come back to touch down and all black was definitely ming 'e fool for me.
Speaker 6: So for sure that every week it seems like zay Man it's a big play. How tough is that transition from college to rookie year. You made a successful transition yourself.
Speaker 12: I honestly don't think it's that hard depending on who you are. Sometimes I feel like it's easier depending on who you are. But for Jay, it's probably easy.
Speaker 3: He did that.
Speaker 12: Dude's open percent of the time, so yeah, that's a question for him, honestly, and he's gona continue to get open for the rest of the year. So I'm excited to see what he do.
Speaker 1: That was wide receiver ver Shan Bateman. And lastly, we also is off with center Tyler Linderbaum going into this game Ship Award.
Speaker 3: Now I'm an age. What makes him such a good sport?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 14: Well, I mean, if you meet the guy, he's awesome, just the way he works, the way he treats other people. I didn't know he was up for that ward, but it makes perfect sense, So congrat.
Speaker 7: Now on the old line, you guys want to be ornery, but at the same time, you've got to be a good sportsman.
Speaker 3: Where's the line there?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 14: I think that it's a perfect example of that, you know, the fine line. Once he sets on the field playing the game the right way, but then once he's off of it, you know, he's a good guy, so there's definitely a fine line.
Speaker 7: You guys have done your share of travel from London to Arizona now going out to LA What is the key to success when traveling? I mean, it's always good to have a good team, but beyond that mindset preparation.
Speaker 14: I think, you know, we've been traveling for away games our whole career, and obviously we'll go all there a day earlier, but it's all about you know, still doing your preparation, what you do in a normal game week, and then you'll just come ready.
Speaker 3: To play on Sunday. You know, I don't think there's much much of a change if you make it a change.
Speaker 1: So some of the analytics say that the Ravens run game this year is like one of the best ever.
Speaker 3: Uh, what do I feel like is clicking so well for you guys? Why is the Run Game League so successful?
Speaker 11: You know?
Speaker 14: I think I still think there's a lot of improvement that you know, I think everyone thinks that. But you know, obviously we're do and some good things and then obviously things that we need to improve on. But it's just you know, trying to be as consistent as possible, you know, just working together as a union.
Speaker 3: And then the backs. You know, we have great backs here finding great holes, so they help.
Speaker 13: They help a lot, certainly here Kevin Zeitler's hosting Thanksgiving for the Lineman.
Speaker 3: What's an o Lineman Thanksgiving? Look like?
Speaker 14: Oh gosh, you know, if you want your belly full, then you probably need to go to the Zeitler Thanksgiving.
Speaker 3: I can't imagine what he's gonna have there.
Speaker 14: I went there last year and there's everything there, So it's gonna be another exciting Thursday.
Speaker 9: So Tyler being the one season in the AFC, is that is.
Speaker 3: That something that you guys care about right now?
Speaker 4: Or did you care less with so much of late?
Speaker 3: I think I think we care less.
Speaker 14: You know, it's what we're twelve games in, you know, we got five more to go, five six more to go. Knowing we have a lot of games in front of us, so none of that means anything. We gotta go out there and take it one game at a time. And you know, we got a big game coming up and a great opponent and the Chargers on Sunday, so that's what we're looking forward to.
Speaker 5: There's one of those.
Speaker 1: Lines playing time games.
Speaker 5: On how do you.
Speaker 7: The attention that's going to be the rest of the way.
Speaker 14: I mean, this is what you want as a competitor, you know, you want games like this, moments like these, So you know, I think a lot of guys here embrace that, you know, and then it's all about how you go out there and perform on Sunday, you know, against against teams that are you're going to get their best shots. So we're gonna have to be ready for it.
Speaker 1: That was center Tyler Linderbaum. You're listening to the Ravens Press Pass podcast. The Ravens will be on the field on Sunday Night Football for a primetime game coming up this weekend. If you want more of a breakdown from this week and also a chance to hear from linebacker Adafe oh Way, check out the Lounge podcast feed and we break it all down and have a really good conversation with Dafa. Also make sure you leave a rating and a review and hit that subscribe button as well. Thanks for listening. Talk with you again later this week.
Speaker 3: M