Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 3: Music is the hard part. We can talk about that interested that's the hardest part. Is harder than getting Yeah, musicians is the hardest part because they.
Speaker 4: They come with the most baggage. It's real. It's real, it's real. That's a fact. The most baggage nine times out of ten.
Speaker 3: You you can't go through them directly like a lot of people we could just go through directly like I need you here, all right.
Speaker 4: Them you gotta talk.
Speaker 3: To their manager, and then their manager's manager and then they it's like the writers, and they don't know their schedule. They might be on tour, they might not be on like just give me an answer. They put you in limbo for weeks at a time.
Speaker 4: They don't get right now.
Speaker 3: So the music, that's that's headaches, man. I mean some musicians like shout out to Ross, He's that's easy.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. That good dude.
Speaker 3: So it's not it's not every musician that is bad like that, but a lot of them, a lot of them, man.
Speaker 5: Unless so like Ross makes it easier because we've sat down on him before, we interviewed him at him find his event. We did it on as his liabilities, so there's a relate. He knows who we are, right. Same thing with Tip. We called Tip. It's gonna be an easier call because wait, just wait on it.
Speaker 6: Because I saw j Z's name, I was like, yeah, I was thinking of all my favorite songs, and I don't ever think I've seen him in concert, so this is really giving me a chance to like see people in That was my first time actually investments watching Rick Wall perform and he's right in front of me, I said.
Speaker 5: And was going to say, is the first time you got to see me performed? But that was all performance that was crazy above and beyond.
Speaker 3: I mean like kiss Kiss. He did a great performance for us at MSG Relationships. So it is beneficial to book artists that are familiar with us. That makes it easier, like we did Jim And at the Apollo. That's easy. But yeah, you know these artists, man, they got a lot. They got a lot.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: If you know what's so crazy, you know it's so crazy. So we've booked several different billionaires, right and from Dan Cathy to Don pee Wos to Tyler Perry to Robert Smith to Ditty as well, like novagrats, you know what's so crazy, especially from the Well Diddy hasn't sent the rider yet either, but we've never received the rider from a billionaire.
Speaker 5: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: One Tyler Perry's rider was it was he won haircut and simple as a minimal.
Speaker 4: We never received any demands or crazy request from billionaires.
Speaker 7: Dan Cathy, I'm talking about owner Chick fil A. He's walking around but by himself. Want you into what a name tag on.
Speaker 3: But the craziness, what the crazy thing about it is this is I don't know where this rider thing came from. That's a musician, Maybe that's a that's a musician. But I'm just saying it's like some things we just don't question. Because I just thought about that today. I'm like, we booked a bunch of people in business, entrepreneurs, athletes, whatever. Why does why do musicians only have riders?
Speaker 5: I think it's I think the origin comes from it's from music, but it's what they would like to feel comfortable when they get to a venue, which is all I get it. But some of the things is like, yo, twenty dollars champion, I'm not sure if that's gonna make you feel comfortable if you're gonna be there for fifteen minutes, you know what I'm saying. So like some of the things, it's just like but.
Speaker 3: The problem is that they get caddled to and so a lot of a lot of them don't they don't.
Speaker 4: They're not handling their own business.
Speaker 3: So it's like, because like, really, just let's have a two minute conversation about this, because I just thought about this today. Why why is a rider needed if nobody else has a rider? Right, what do you ever think about that nobody else has a rider?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: Like if Don Peeble doesn't have a ride, you come to a venue, you're gonna be in the green room. You can expect that there's gonna be food there for you. There's gonna be water, there's gonna be juice, there's gonna beverage. If you have a special request that you might have, you might want, you know, a allowed male, then we can accommodate that.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: But I'm just curious to know why musicians are the only people that have riders. And the riders are alcohol at a tremendous amount of alcohol that.
Speaker 4: You can't consume. So it's like if you have ten bottles of.
Speaker 6: Champagne, it's ridiculous, Like, who normalize this?
Speaker 4: And I realized that it's from the nightclub.
Speaker 3: Most of them these comes from nightclubs, right when they just go to nightclub And it's like, but it's we got to really start to think about this, Why are we providing If we're paying you for a service, then you should just be paid for a service. You shouldn't be paid for a service and have fifteen dollars of tequila at five o'clock in the afternoon. If you want to buy tequila, then you buy tequila's check. I'm giving your organic flavored this, and then you want your money in cash. There's a variety of different things that make this a lot more difficult dealing with musicians, which I understand why, Like concert promots, they got a hard job because now you got to deal with one hundred Like you say, rolling Loud, they got to deal with one hundred artists.
Speaker 5: One hundred riders.
Speaker 4: Imagine that.
Speaker 5: And if you've got a hundred of them, now you got to worry about the punctuality of it. That's another thing, right, because the thing is like, now, yeah, I booked you and you're supposed to be but now I need you to be here on time.
Speaker 4: They never come on time.
Speaker 5: And if you're not on time, and some twelve thousand people got a way for you to be there for twenty thousands, you know.
Speaker 4: What I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So it's like it's just it's it's I'm concerned because it's like this has become normalized and it's just past it's normal.
Speaker 4: It's normal for a rappers.
Speaker 3: You gotta tell a rapper to come two hours early because you know he's gonna come at least an hour and a half late.
Speaker 4: But nobody ever questions that. Nobody else does that.
Speaker 8: I like the fact that you guys are like even right now, educating on it and really challenging the system, because I think as you're talking about it, I'm like, Yo, this is real.
Speaker 4: Maybe you had to put extra time on your thing.
Speaker 5: Nobody we kept running your time, but you had to put me in time. You thought you was stripping out, And I'm like, yo, Dave, we just I was like, y'all, I know I saw that clock. It's aid five minutes. Did it jump in fifteen? And then it got down to seven and we put it back to twelve, And you're like, that.
Speaker 4: Was what we want.
Speaker 3: Some times sho shout out the fab good dude. He's actually a great dude, but it is what it is.
Speaker 4: He's earnest. What's up.
Speaker 5: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works, like the checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl to learn more. That's Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate, let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success, little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live a more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from El Salvador accused of murdering a Texas. Man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day. Imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 4: Three hours late on five o'clock on a Sunday, So we're stalling.
Speaker 3: Literally, when he got there, we put the microphone, gave him the money, they counted it.
Speaker 2: He cats.
Speaker 3: He walked on stage and performed like cash Kid Cash, so we cash. We literally like we're going back and forth with like where you're at, where you're at, da da dada, Like they like five minutes away, pulling half an hour later, five minutes away, half an hour of five minutes away, yours on stage.
Speaker 5: They spent thirty minutes they said, we were on the grounds. I'll say, they said, building B. We're trying to find it, twenty five minutes.
Speaker 3: I'm like, you know, it's like put more time on. Put fifteen minutes on, keep it on, put another fifteen minutes on. We got to keep adding time.
Speaker 5: We gave you the ord after that Hey man, I got it.
Speaker 4: Hey listen.
Speaker 8: If it was paying all right before any artists, okay, I'll hand it working.
Speaker 4: For that, we would have been I don't know what we would have done that the DJ would have been playing, but there was.
Speaker 3: No other program that was the last thing of the day, so we would have just had to just fit thirty minutes of just nothing, a hour of nothing.
Speaker 5: We were then swag serving for thirty.
Speaker 4: You guys are really like, this is this death? Why you got to give artists that.
Speaker 3: Joe Fat Shoe really really impressed me when we interviewed him in Miami. He impressed me for a few different reasons. So we had him and we had master P right after. I think he was at the master People, So we did Fat Joe before we did master P. The interview, let's say, was at like two o'clock, right, so we we spaced it where it was like master P. We'll do master P at six because we know the interviews at two. He's not going to come till three, because we just think he's just a rapper. A he comes at one fifty five, and B he came by himself. That's another thing.
Speaker 4: These dudes be coming with thirty people, twenty five people, and you got it's crazy.
Speaker 3: Everybody's smoking and it's it's not even the place to smoke necessarily, Like you know what I'm saying, there's a time and place for everything.
Speaker 5: It was crazy, like the joke stoways crazy because they're calling. I'm calling on the phone like you always. Yeah, I'm looking for an entourage. They said, no, he's in that car right, he's about to get out. I look, it's just him. I'm like, we have to and that's impressive.
Speaker 4: Just him, and he had like three hundred thousand works for Jelly on.
Speaker 5: Well, I was gonna leave that part out, but he said, yeah, I mean that's the movie. It was just like it was just him. He came through the interview, he showed love and that was it. And again relationship. So if we ever had to call on Joe, it's like, all right, well he knows who we are.
Speaker 3: I've never seen that before whatever, I've never He's the only person I've ever seen a rapper that that came. He really came by himself. Kiss came on time to shout to kiss. Kiss came by himself. He came on time, but he didn't come by himself. He came by himself. That was impressive.
Speaker 8: I like that we're having this conversation because it's educational too, and our culture needs like shaping right these conversations.
Speaker 4: It's correction what I'm saying. It's not it's not meant to to.
Speaker 3: Bash anybody, but if we if we don't correct these these things, then we start to normalize dysfunction. And it's like I feel like we have a voice, we have a platform, and we have credibility and straight like we are hip hop. So it's like this, this is a family conversation. So it's like we have to correct these things because it leads to be it leads to getting taken advantage of, It leads to not knowing doing bad business.
Speaker 4: Because how you do one thing, it's how you do everything.
Speaker 3: So if you don't, if you're not on top of it, if you lay, if you always hi, if you got a million people around you, these are.
Speaker 4: Formulas for disaster.
Speaker 3: So it's like this is a bigger conversation, but the artists need to understand it.
Speaker 4: And it's not this artist like Larussell like this.
Speaker 3: There's a new generation of artists that are changing that mold.
Speaker 4: But it needs to be done more on a wider scale.
Speaker 3: So it's like, this is a this is a formula that record labels have put in place for artists. And they give you a manager, and they give you a styllus and they and they give you a rider. You don't even know you you don't know why you're doing these things. It's just been told to you. Like you know what I'm saying, like, this is what you're supposed to do. This is what this is what we're going to negotiate for you. This is what you get. You come to the club late. They tell him, like, you come to the club late, fashionably late. You know I'm at two o'clock. That's coming two o'clock. These are things. This is not honest real So this is how they're being educated. So, like I said, how you do everything, how you do one thing, how you do everything. So if you if you're told don't come to the club until one thirty, then you're thinking, I'm supposed to be late. So it's a business event. I'm supposed to be late.
Speaker 4: You just you.
Speaker 3: Automatically think that late is on time because I'm an artist and I can't come on time. But the crazy thing is when we interview Robert Smith, who's the richest black person in American history. It was on a Friday at seven o'clock in the morning at and he came at six point fifty.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So am So it's like, this is a person that's up eight billion dollars and he's up with a three piece suit on early, you know what I'm saying. So it's like, these are the kind of things. Never asks for a shot at tequila. You're drinking cough.
Speaker 5: Now, that's it.
Speaker 4: That's the request. That's the rider. Give me some coffee.
Speaker 5: Like that happens. Like you see like a lot of these artists who have longevity, Like we just saw Lula. He's on tour of Agenda. Right. There's like this thing going around like, yo, don't show up late to the show. They're going on on time. It's like, yeah, they are if you show up at seven forty five. He's on the stage at seven forty five in one second because he understands the value of his time, but he understands the value of everybody else's time too. You paid for a service. I'm here to entertain. I don't want to have you sitting here for two hours waiting for me to come out, and ja, it's gonna be on clockwork too, And so they understand it, but they longe they have longevity in the space, right and so like, if he's set in that trend and nobody's following it and nobody's bringing awareness to it, does it ever change? You know what I mean?
Speaker 8: This is important and all the people that are like coming, they're gonna come enjoy the show, but have no idea that you guys, from this conversation, you're teaching from the stage, but you're also teaching behind the scenes, like you're teaching, like you're teaching the artists how to operate. And nobody would ever think that before this moment, you know what I mean that I'm sure there's certain conversations that you have to have, like Yo, I'm gonna need you on time.
Speaker 4: Or you just jump you tell them two hours early.
Speaker 3: You do different than you do different tactics to kind of, you know, ensure that you don't get rude, because ultimately it's not in your best interest for somebody to be late. So you got to have certain incentives of certain different things in the nature. So you kind of learned that early, like when you learn called artists. This is how I got told them this I they handled this person.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from El Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christine Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families.
Speaker 2: Will be protected. Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,