Speaker 1: Welcome everyone to another edition of the KSR pre Show. Today is Thursday, February sixth I am Billy Rutledge along with Shannon the Dude. You can give calling the Clark's Pumping Shop phone line. That's eight five nine two eight zero two two eight seven be our whiskey Thief call of the day. Also go to text us at five O two two six five six is five six. As always the case, our pre show is brought to you by Italics find Italian Dining in Lexington on Main Street in the city Center. Good morning, Shannon the Dude. Here are you doing.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Billy. I'm doing just fine.
Speaker 3: I was just telling you before we came on the air that I had a cable company coming out to my house or a phone company that was removing the landline from my house because I go, I'll never need that again. You know, I told you I moved into a new house last year and there's all these like lines and stuff going to the house. I'm going, we're never going to go backwards. We all have cell phones. I'll never have a landline in my house ever again. Let's just have that removed. And the guy's like, well, okay, I can do that for you, but just let you know if you ever want to, like reinstall, Like, why would I ever want to reinstall a landline in my house? Like, we're never going backwards in technology.
Speaker 1: I don't need. That's sad the death of the landline, Shannon, you don't have a rotary phone you'd like to hook up?
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm glad.
Speaker 1: We don't need to ring when you're home.
Speaker 2: I'm glad we don't have land lines anymore. Did you? I mean, did you ever grow up with so?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I just made that that time we had a kitchen phone, Shannon, and I remembered everybody's phone number back then. Now nowadays, good luck asking me for any phone number. But it was a simpler time.
Speaker 3: And the other thing too, like with internet, you don't have to have cables going through all all throughout your house to hook up to the internet. Now it's just like a little box that sits there like a hot spot, and.
Speaker 2: It powers your entire house wirelessly.
Speaker 3: And I'm going, why do I have all these wires going everywhere, like through the basement and through the dry wall and get that.
Speaker 1: Stuff out of here. It's an isore modernizing the house. It sounds like over Shannon, Yeah, taking your first step, you know, may and I even been able to use the landline. Last night. It was a pretty big thunder and lightning storm. I don't know what it was like in Louis Bull Shannon, but I thought the house was gonna get struck with a lightning bolt. At one point. It was loud. Man.
Speaker 3: I got woke up at four thirty, and I go, great, I still got like, you know, I wake up at five thirty, I try to get you know, my sleep in and at four thirty, good grave, what was it going on here?
Speaker 2: It was the loudest, like a tank.
Speaker 1: Drove by or something. I mean, it was ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Rumble off thunder. I think i've ever heard shook me out a bit.
Speaker 1: You know, it's like forty degrees outside in February and we're getting full on thunderstorm. Shannon obviously a little bit more used to that being from Florida than maybe most, But nevertheless, I hope everybody's okay out there after what was a crazy thunder and lightning storm last night. Now we do have a little bit of breaking news this morning. Oh Matt will not be doing the show today. Oh yeah, just alerted the group chat this morning that you know what may be underestimated. Dude, this a little bit it.
Speaker 3: To be fair, Ryan tried to tell him, Dude, you're you're really gonna do the show on Thursday.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I'll be fine.
Speaker 3: Like, well, we need to set up at KOs bar right next to the bathroom because you're gonna be you know, doing a lot of running, a.
Speaker 2: Lot of trips back and forth.
Speaker 3: Ryan tried to warn them, and I think this morning Matt finally realized, Hey, Ryan's right, I don't think I'm gonna try to risk that this morning.
Speaker 2: And that would be but come on, man, like that would be great radio, would it not.
Speaker 3: Oh it'd be like is in the middle of a call with somebody or like making like a really passionate point and all of a sudden, I gotta got.
Speaker 1: To take over.
Speaker 3: I finished this segment, Gotta run to the stall, be right back.
Speaker 1: Uh, you know. To be fair to him, he said, I don't feel terrible, but I also don't feel great. So you guys take it home today. And you know here's the problem, shaaning. You know, there's not a bathroom in our office here. You have to run down the hallway.
Speaker 3: See that would be great, right, we get it, Mario follow him with the camera. That's the type of thing that if it were Ryan or you or me or anybody else, he would have had You got to be here.
Speaker 2: We're gonna make a out of it.
Speaker 3: We're gonna have Mario chase you down the hall every time you got to leave the studio to go to the bathroom.
Speaker 2: But see, he he doesn't play along.
Speaker 1: You know'd be like the Springer Show where the camera follows them like around backstage when they're the the Uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, great content for the show. But no, he didn't show up today.
Speaker 1: No, I did approve of the choice to not do it at the bar, right, I mean, as people are trying to get their food in the morning, maybe that would not be the best situation. But we do wish Matt the best of luck later today with his colonoscopy. And if you're about that age, Shannon, maybe you should check that out. You know, every every guy should at some point.
Speaker 3: I'm not that age yet. That age is forty five, I believe right. Oh, I'll still got quite a ways before I get to You're not at forty five yet, No, no, not even close. But I remember, I remember, I remember Matt saying he had to go out and get a plunger one night. Hopefully he still has that plunger in his house.
Speaker 2: Well the use.
Speaker 1: Today, Yeah, you know, yeah, that is a maybe door dashed it if he didn't have one Ryan.
Speaker 2: With a plum.
Speaker 1: I do want to, you know, correct something from yesterday a little bit. You guys were talking about do women really like it when a man proposes at a sporting event? And I am, you know, staunchly in the camp of, you know, probably shouldn't do it at the sporting event. This is a moment for you and her, not a moment for thirty thousand fans and a game that might be remembered in a loss. But you guys were also talking about my very romantic proposal at the JFK assassination site, and I just wanted to make sure we got some details correct. And that's okay.
Speaker 3: You know you said it was right next to the grassy knoll. You even said that in your text.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was. It was right after the book depository little tour that we did, and you depositary today. Yeah, and you know there's a big X on the ground actually on the street where everything happened, and I thought, you, maybe, Shannon, that's where I put my knee, you know, maybe that's you know, we stop traffic and we really get down to brass TCKs. But no, I did not propose at the JFK assassination site. I did it at the observation tower, which is actually just a mile or two away. They've got a really nice restaurant up in that tower. Shannon. There's a little area, a lookout area where I ended up getting on one knee and proposing. But I can understand where you guys maybe would have thought that that would have been insane for somebody to actually propose at a site like that.
Speaker 3: Well, Matt kept asking me, was it the Dallas Observation Tower or was it the JFK assassin assassination observation. I didn't know there was a JFK assassination observation tower there. There isn't, so okay, what's more of a Dallas That's what was throwing me off when he kept saying, well, what was it?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I've never been I don't even think I've ever been to Dallas before, so I don't know if there was two different observation towers or not. So, but you know what, close enough, you were close enough you could see the site from up there.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, so you were there in spirit.
Speaker 2: So in my mind you proposed at the grassy knoll.
Speaker 1: Well, no, no, that's not technically right around the grassy.
Speaker 2: Look.
Speaker 3: Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story, Billy. You got to learn that when you're on the radio.
Speaker 1: You know all the conspiracy theorists there that are handing you pamphlets and trying to give you information about what actually did happen compared to what the actual story is. I just didn't feel like that was the most romantic moment, Shannon.
Speaker 3: But uh yeah, a pamphlet in one hand and the ring and the other huh.
Speaker 1: I had the ring in my pocket though. If we took some pictures and if you look at I have this big, you know, bulge out of my pocket for where the ring is at and the and the holder. So well it was yeah, that bulge was the ring. But that big thank you to Read's Diamonds who did a great job helping me with that. And uh, you know, I thought it was romantic, Shannon, despite it being so close to the JAF candy.
Speaker 3: That was your all's moment. Don't let anybody else judge you. As long as you you two were happy about it, that's all that matters. It doesn't matter that you got engaged where a president got assassinated.
Speaker 2: That's okay.
Speaker 1: Now is it fair or foul to propose to another person while you're on a cruise ship? That's another question I had in this case category, because you know, if you don't know, famously, Shannon the dude rejected a female on a cruise shop.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no, no, no, no, you got proposed. No, no, it was not on a cruise ship. I've never been on a cruise. That was in Florida at a bar.
Speaker 1: Was it on a cruise? It was in a bar, it was, yes, it was very much on land. I thought you were like trapped with her after that.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe I got that I was trapped because we were on vacation together.
Speaker 1: Oh that's what it was. It wasn't a cruise ship. You were on vacation together.
Speaker 2: Yes, in a bar.
Speaker 1: Yes, you had a couple of cocktails, right, And she said, this is it, this is the moment, dropped down on one knee, maybe with a cover band in the background of some people playing pool, and Shannon didn't like the moment.
Speaker 2: It wasn't wasn't the right moment.
Speaker 1: Wasn't it wasn't the right place.
Speaker 2: No himen dating for a few months, and I'm going whoa slowly? Was it really only a few breaks?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was like five months?
Speaker 1: Maybe no, but none the right ambiance for you there. I thought it was a cruise ship. I'm going to go foul on a cruise ship though, if we go No, I've never been on a civic places.
Speaker 3: I've never been on a cruise ship because I don't want to be like, you know, I feel like I'm really stuck there, like you're stranded.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Like you know.
Speaker 3: If you're on vacation in theory, you could just buy a plane ticket and fly back home.
Speaker 2: Right, if you're on a cruise you can't like ask.
Speaker 3: For another boat to come pick you up and take you back to land and get you home, like you're really stuck out at sea.
Speaker 1: So then you become the story of the cruise ship. Right.
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, there's the guy.
Speaker 1: There's the guy that turned down the proposal and got water thrown on him. And I'd be ready to jump overboard the area you're trying to jump overboard. Yeah, exactly right. I do want to give a shout out to KSR fan Casey Shannon. I went to the gym the other day and met Casey at esporta at the gym, but I met him in the sauna, Shannon, So that was a little strange. You know, I appreciate people listening, but I did not expect somebody to approach me when I was at the sauna the other day. Shannon.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, those saunas are really close. You know, when you're in there, it's close quarters. A lot of times you don't have a lot of clothes on. Sometimes you're sitting there in your underwear. That's right, just from experience, and uh yeah, it's kind of it's very intimate.
Speaker 2: You're just sitting there and it's you and one other person.
Speaker 3: Sometimes it's you and two other people and you're just sitting there collectively sweating everything in your body all over the place.
Speaker 2: And it's kind of weird. It is weird.
Speaker 3: You know, you strike up conversations in there, but is it is it more weird if you sit there in silence. I don't know, because I usually just try to put in my like earbuds and then listen to But the problem is then I get this message that pops up on my phone. Hey, your phone's gonna overheat. It needs to cool down. Yeah, has he ever had that happen?
Speaker 2: When you bring it?
Speaker 1: Every time? I bring my son in there because I don't want to talk to anybody, Shannon. It's a you know, maybe a place for male bonding, but I'm not trying to talk to anybody. Uh, you know, took off my shirt to enjoy the sauna a little bit and they're like, hey, are you with KSR? And I was like, well, gave it away? Was it the chest hair? And he's like no, no, no.
Speaker 3: So like when you get in the sauna, how long are you in there? Because you're not supposed to be more than like fifteen or twenty, Like.
Speaker 1: Eight to ten minutes, okay, is about what I can handle it, and I'll do it after a workout.
Speaker 3: So it's kind of like a you know, like a little reward, Shannon. But yeah, here's a reward. Let's jump in an oven. Basically what it is? What it is, I can get up to fifteen minutes and that's about it fifteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I see you've been working out a lot, You've been posting a lot about ses centers.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, I've been crushing it since twenty twenty five. You know, I felt like I was disrespected not being asked to be in the Royal Rumble or the excuse me, the OVW Nightmare Rumble. So I thought, you know what, I'm just gonna hit it hard starting in January, and then by the time the next January comes around, I'm going to be in such great shape.
Speaker 2: Alse no can't say no to me.
Speaker 1: So is that right? You were disrespected?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, come and like all the champions were out there, how are you not going to put the world heavyweight radio champion in the rumble?
Speaker 2: So I thought maybe it's, you know, he's trying to.
Speaker 3: Take a little silent, subtle shot at me and say, well, you don't look like you would be a competitor. So I what if I just hit it hard all year long, Billy and I come back and I'm big than some of the OVW wrestlers.
Speaker 1: Well I like that. You know, you're a great talker, but you got those scrawny arms up there when you're trying to trash talk the crowd, and it's like, you know, it doesn't really match up. Okay, here's Shannon. He's throwing his headphones off. Now, okay, taking the jacket off. You're gonna show off the guns. Here he's been he's been hitting it hard in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 4: Folks.
Speaker 2: Look at it.
Speaker 1: Oh that there is a little pop rock he got right there on your on your arm.
Speaker 2: That's a big bicep.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, we'll we'll have to we'll have to hit the hit gym sometimes, Shannon. You know, I'm not big on the trampoline floor, but if you wanted to, you know, hit the squat rack or something, I'll show you a thing or two one of these days. The squat rock. You're a squatter. Huh squatter? Oh that's the magic exercise. Squatting, dead lifting, benching. Yeah, I could probably bench you, Shan.
Speaker 2: I'll bet you squat every time you go to the bathroom.
Speaker 1: A five died two a H two two eight seven. We know Matt squatting today, getting ready for the kolonoscoy later.
Speaker 2: What is the show?
Speaker 1: Speaking at twenty twenty five Bourbon and Beyond lineup announced yesterday Shannon Let's Ring the Bell. Yeah, what'd you think? Well, right off the bag? Good lineup.
Speaker 2: I like the lineup. Here's the thing.
Speaker 3: I don't really love any of the headliners, if I'm being honest with you, But like, when you start digging into the undercard, that's where I think you get a lot of really good bands and bands that I like. So, like, here's the headliners, Fish, Noah Khan, Stgil Simpson, Lumineer's Jack White. I'm not crazy about any of them, but they're okay. Like Fish could be fun, I guess, you know.
Speaker 1: With Noah cons a newer singer, I think he's got maybe some more poppy songs. But Stergil Simpson, I mean he was just that rough recently. My dad's a big fan of that. You're right, there's a couple of great underlings here. What stuck out to you here in the.
Speaker 2: Lineup though, Well, Cage's the Elephant. Yeah, Third Eye Blind, I hear.
Speaker 3: A really good band once open for third on Blind Goo Goo Dolls.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: How about Ringos star from the Beatles.
Speaker 1: Didn't know he was alive? Still glad he's doing okay, and I guess he's gone solo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, Tim and Is All Star band.
Speaker 1: In his All Star band, it says an even smaller text than what it says Ringo Star Foreigner.
Speaker 3: That's cool, even though they have, like I don't think any original members left, Pat Benatar, Pixis, Blues Traveler, John Popper and his harmonica.
Speaker 2: That's cool. Do you remember the band Dashboard Confessional?
Speaker 1: No? No, they were like an early too.
Speaker 3: I'll play one of their songs coming up next. They're an early two thousands band. Kobe Calay. You probably know that named Jim Blossoms, Gavin de Graul. I mean, there's a lot of great spin doctors, switch Foot, John Waite. I play some John Waite on KSR every now and then. Blind Melon Do you know who Squirrel?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Blind Melon's coming?
Speaker 2: Yeah what I mean?
Speaker 3: Their original singer, shannonwn died, you know, back in the nineties.
Speaker 1: But well I'm a big Blind Melon fan.
Speaker 3: No Rain, ten thousand, ten thousand maniacs. Marcy Playground. Do you not know who Marcy?
Speaker 1: I don't know who Marcy's Playground? Okay, we just.
Speaker 2: Talked about them. They just played the Kentucky State Fair last.
Speaker 1: He knows who? Trampled by Turtles? Because I love that name.
Speaker 3: I've heard of them. Yeah, I think that that might be like a Matt Jones type band. But I mean, look, there's a lot of great ones on there. I mean you go all the way down to the towards the bottom of the bill, and it's like, man, there's some really good bands still Collective Soul.
Speaker 2: I didn't mention them, No.
Speaker 1: I saw a Cage the Elephant, and I knew I'd had to be there, Shannon. They played a few shows in Bowling Green back when I was in college, and that city would show out for Cage the Elephant originally being from Bowling Green. So I'm excited to see them, And you know, Shannon, the dude's excited for this where he works. What is it like ten straight days out there between Louder than Life made out of eleven days. It's a definite marathon.
Speaker 2: No doubt about it. But I think that's a great What did you think about it?
Speaker 1: No, I liked it, and I felt a little bit of the same way about the headliners. But you know, Googoo Dolls, I.
Speaker 3: Mean, come on, yeah, and like I could be down with some of the like I feel like fish, you know, with the right psychedelics could be a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: I mean believing Sturgel. I mean, if he plays that that rock album that he did, I mean that you can get a little psychedelic there as well.
Speaker 3: So overall, look, I think it's great because, I mean, you got to think put yourself in the organizer's shoes, the person who has to book all these bands, and you have to do better than what you did the year before, you try to top that every year. I think they do an incredible job with just putting together the lineup and trying to mix it up with you know, different genres and a little bit of everything for everybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a fun time in Louisville. Louder than life in Bourbon Beyond. I believe it's like the ninth edition of Bourbon Beyond. So glad that it's staying in the city of Louisville, and glad that we got the line up yesterday eight five nine two eight oh two two eight seven, We're gonna take a break. Mark Pope had some really interesting comments on his call in show yesterday. We'll talk a little bit about that today and much more on the way here on the show. Before the show, it's the case. I appreciate it. See I've heard this before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, see that's Dashboard Confessional.
Speaker 1: It's amazing how a song can instantly transport you to another time.
Speaker 3: Oh man, Yes, this came out when I was in college. I love the song. Let me give you one more. Since you know that one. You said you can know Dashboard Confessional one minute ago, I bet you know two of their songs.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, I've heard this before, so we'll see.
Speaker 3: You know, you probably know a lot more of those bands than what you realize. You just don't recognize the band name.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like kids today not knowing phone numbers. I'm just I'm not good with band names. I don't know why it is. Maybe I've just my parents played the song when I was in the backseat of the car, so I never saw what the band name was. It's but it's amazing what you can remember when an old song comes up. Five O two two six five six six five six is the text line where one person says, this is the greatest show of all time.
Speaker 2: Great works, this show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well we did get a little off the rails.
Speaker 3: Well, we're at our best when we're off the rails and out of our mind. As we are a lot of times.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you something. Do you like the DJ name Pharah Flawsett as we learned a Kadian lewis. A Kadan Lewis the UK commit is a DJ and she'll be performing in Lexington this weekend.
Speaker 2: Coolest mom ever?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I like that. I like that name. I can't imagine my mom being a DJ.
Speaker 1: Now do you think she's just do you think she's like mixing, like she's she's on the one or two? Or do you think she's just got like a Spotify playlist she's not? Like, Yeah, come on, I give her some more credit than that.
Speaker 3: Like anybody could show up with a Spotify playlist and hit play right, But no, I think she's probably mixing. She's on the ones and twos as it says, they're on the flyer and should be a lot of fun for anybody who's planning on going to that.
Speaker 2: It's a free event, right.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I'm not sure about that. I I about had a midlife crisis one night and almost bought a turntable.
Speaker 2: Do you know how to work it?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: I it was either gonna it was just gonna be like I'm gonna learn't perform at Chaos Bar and Grill.
Speaker 3: Here's the funny thing, Like people occasionally, even like as recently as last year, will ask me, hey, can you come? Would you like DJ my wedding? And I go, I don't. I'm not that type of DJ. Like I'm not like over here in the clubs going what do like, I'm not doing that? Like that's not me, Like I am like just basically talking in between songs DJ.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: You know, like what I think people have like a wrong, like a a misconception ast to what it looks like in a studio, like I'm not actually putting on records like that. That hasn't happened since like the the eighties, Right, everything's digital now.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, you used to have the turntables in front of you, right, and you were you know, cutting and splicing, and yet or even you had records to actually play.
Speaker 3: You know. By the time I got into radio in two thousand and three, we were way beyond that. Everything was already digital. It's already on the computer. You're just you know, hitting play and the song plays, and then you're talking in between the song, and then you're hitting play for the next song.
Speaker 1: But a wedding like you could do a Spotify plays, but it's also more about, like you know, being the MC right and kind of like moving the event along and not being awkward. So I think you would be good at that, dude, Maybe better than you think. But I you know, I'm not mixing songs either. I'd love to. I do it in my dreams, but I'm no uh, I'm no fair flawset. I like the name.
Speaker 3: We got an Aatlytis Bluegown song that's uh being mixed right now.
Speaker 2: An original.
Speaker 1: We get some originals coming out.
Speaker 2: Of dropping very very soon. That's right.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, yeah, maybe you'll be opening up Bourbon and Beyond one of these days.
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably not.
Speaker 1: You know maybe though there's a lot of names on.
Speaker 3: That one hundred and fifty bands on there. Most people don't even know a lot of those names. At the bottom, what would it hurt to throw on one band from Kentucky in their home state where the festivals at I guarantee you we could.
Speaker 2: We're not gonna.
Speaker 1: See those stages they got. They can't throw you on one of the stages or the one next to the porta pot.
Speaker 3: Even if we had let's say one hundred people come out. That's one hundred people more than would have been there without us. That's so, that's the way I look at it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the There are thousands of people that are going to the event and they want we just need seventy more.
Speaker 2: I mean, let's book. See now you're making the point against me.
Speaker 1: No, no, I'm for you.
Speaker 3: Supposed to be an agent. Remember you're my acting agent. What have you made anything?
Speaker 1: I haven't made any calls on that.
Speaker 2: By the way, you're about to be fired.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, tell me about DraftKings before we had to take a break.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Promo code KSR.
Speaker 3: Bet five dollars, get two hundred and bonus bets.
Speaker 2: Do that now.
Speaker 3: I believe it may be changing into one fifty next week, so I would do it now while you still can bet five dollars, get tundered in bonus bets.
Speaker 2: Promo code KSR.
Speaker 3: If you're a new customer, Super Bowl of course coming up, you can do the same game parlays, player props, live betting, and so much more only on DraftKings Promo code KSR For new customers. If you have a gambling problem, call one eight hundred Gambler eighteen plus Kentucky only eligibility restrictions apply. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. As for additional terms and responsible gaming resources, see DKNG dot co slash audio.
Speaker 1: A five nine two eight oh two two eight seven. We just got a couple seconds before we have to take a break, so we'll get to the phone lines on the other side. But a reminder that we are at Kentucky Branded this Friday, the Lexington location next to the Fayette mal Shannon. As long as we don't break in glass, then you know that should be a fun event.
Speaker 3: We have been there several times since then, and that that still gets brought up every time we go there, that.
Speaker 1: It was the best I think it was the best moment that history.
Speaker 2: Well what about the olv W fight that happened there.
Speaker 1: That or me spoiling the Netflix documentary there as well.
Speaker 3: That's right, We've got some some some good history there at Kentucky Brandt with things happening at the show.
Speaker 2: What will happen tomorrow? Who knows?
Speaker 1: Who knows? You'll have to show up just find out. We'll take a break and be right back here on the ks I appreciate mmmmmmmm Collective Soul.
Speaker 2: You know that one?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I know this one too. I wouldn't know him by the band name though, but I know this song A five nine two eight h two two eight seven. Creed's not playing it.
Speaker 3: Beyond playing it rapp Arena, Okay in July with three Doors down, Yeah, people.
Speaker 1: Are like, I haven't got my tickets for that yet. It's coming, don't worry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like, here's the deal on tickets, Okay, I get this.
Speaker 1: Shannon's like, let me speak on this.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean, first of all, I guess so was the Bourbon and Beyond the lineup was announced yesterday?
Speaker 1: Oh how many texts did you get?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 3: I just want to say it was not ten minutes before I get my first, like nine minutes after my tweet. Hey, man, keep me in mind for Bourbon and Beyond, and hey, can you get me a vending spot for my company? And I'm going here we go. It's like they think I'm ticketmaster or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's what you are, Shannon, ticketmaster, Creed, Bourbon and Beyond, Louder than Live, Hey can you get me into rail Bird?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm the Creed tickets Like that's July.
Speaker 3: You'll probably get your tickets the week before, so anybody that won Creed tickets calm down, like Scott's Stepp will be here in July.
Speaker 2: You'll have your tickets the week.
Speaker 1: Before and got my ticket.
Speaker 3: Then if you don't have it about the week before, then you can blow us up. Okay, we'll make sure you get there.
Speaker 1: Before we get to the phones. Mark Pope had some very interesting comments on his calling show last night. Credit to the call screener did a good job letting some tough questions through callers, asking about fatigue and you know, leadership in the locker room. One person called in and said, coach, it looked like you had a little blood running down your hand when you came out of the locker room. What happened? And Mark Pope went on to say Shannon that he destroyed some furniture in the locker room. Kentucky was not living up to the standard. Sometimes emotions can boil over and maybe it sounds like Mark Pope got a little passionate at halftime during that last game.
Speaker 3: Well that's been you know, some complaints from listeners and from fans who are saying, you know, we had a call yesterday, Mark Pope soft. But then he answered that question about being more stern with the players, and I.
Speaker 1: Think is a very interesting response, and I think.
Speaker 3: That he is more stern maybe behind the scenes, but realizes, you know, you have to pick and choose your battles and where you're going to choose to be that way, dressing down a guy and screaming in his face in front of, you know, an arena full of people. I don't know that that may not work, that may not be the most productive way to show your sternness. But I'm sure behind the scenes he is a lot more stern and a lot more tough on the players than maybe what we're seeing. You know, sure, but they like that too. Keep it in house.
Speaker 1: Well, it was interesting to hear him say that you kind of have to pick and choose when you're stern with your guys. You know, it was more like maybe Rick Patino. In the past, you just got Rick Batino right, There is no like pick and choose when he's gonna be Ricky p But nowadays, the kids are different. You got to coach him in a much different way. And I'm sure not everybody responds maybe to like a Rick Patino coach, so some you know, it was. It was a good show. I really thought Mark Pope had some illuminating answers. The one concern I had was somebody asked him who was the vocal leader on this team? And he deflected, He didn't say it was not one guy. And the first person he mentioned was Lamont Butler, and he said Lamont was the heart and soul of this team and he still is. But maybe an indication of why this team has dropped off so much when when you ask him who the vocal leader is in the locker room, he doesn't give an answer. And the person he does give an answer for is the guy that's injured.
Speaker 3: Right well, and who would you say would be number two Ker, who is a trash talk by the way, injured, So there you go. I mean, I think those are your two vocal leaders and both of them are out.
Speaker 1: Could it be as simple as that? Like you just yeah, I think the leaders are out, And it just changes your mindset how you play.
Speaker 3: Sometimes a player yelling at another player and getting in their grill has just as much, if not more meaning than a coach yelling at you. You know, like if your teammates getting in your in your face and saying, hey, come on, let's pick it up.
Speaker 2: What are we doing?
Speaker 3: I feel like that that can maybe sometimes have more of a of an effect on the players than you know, Mark Pope doing it himself.
Speaker 1: Are you saying we need a player's only meeting?
Speaker 2: Maybe not yet.
Speaker 3: I don't think the sky is not falling despite what some fans think.
Speaker 1: Well, we know, like Jackson Robinson isn't going to be the guys or the guy that gets them rallied in the locker room. Amari Williams is somebody that you could poke them a thousand times, and I don't think you're gonna get much of a reaction from Mamari. So you know, you're gonna need one of these guys to step up and be that leader if they're going to be without Lamont Butler for the foreseeable future. Maybe next week, Shannon, we might see a return of Lamont. That's you know. I don't know if that's Scuttle Bud or Scoop, but my prediction is we might see him next week.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, based on what just.
Speaker 1: You know, me writing nothing write that. I'm going to write that down though.
Speaker 2: Here is just so you know. So if you're saying that, I feel like you know something.
Speaker 1: I don't know anything.
Speaker 3: Shane, Well, normally I would agree with you, but I feel like right now you're being sneaky me sneaky.
Speaker 2: No, well, Matt, Matt said February twentieth, I think right?
Speaker 3: Did he not? Am I wrong about that? I think he said like a couple more weeks. You're saying next.
Speaker 1: Week, I'm saying next week. Okay, let's go to the phones. A five nine two eight oh two two eight seven. Joe is on the line. Good morning, Joe, what's up?
Speaker 4: Thank you, gentlemen. I have two comments, one on Reseparate been second on Georgia A.
Speaker 6: More.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna start with Georgia A Moore. You talk about recruiting who's gonna come here next year and be our our point guard for our ladies team. Who wants to follow Georgia A Moore and do even come close with what she's doing for the lady cast. That's gonna be quite a young lady whoever Coach Brooks brings in to take over that point guard job. So I got my fingers crossed. We get somebody really, really good, because Georgia is really really good. And my last comment on Reeve Shepherd the Curse of the cast. You know, Reees pro team hasn't won a game in four games since he made that far, since he wore the George. I think, yeah, yeah, yeah, Now I got none against Reece Shepherd. Where he works, where he wants where. That's fine with me. He's a wildcat and I have no problem with that. But Ree's team has not won in four games. So maybe maybe read maybe shouldn't award add Arkansas? Sure, I don't know. Y'all have a great day.
Speaker 2: Thanks, thank you all, Joe, we appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Kentucky hasn't won since then. Arkansas hasn't lost since then. They beat Texas on the road last night. I watched that entire game, uh, and Arkansas was up by like twenty plus until Texas came on a little come back at the end, but they pulled through. Shannon. So any any credence to the Reed Shepherd T shirt curse?
Speaker 2: No, I don't believe in the curses.
Speaker 3: I mean, the only curse I really believe in is the KSR curse. Like I feel like that that is weird. It's ugly.
Speaker 1: Head enough curses to make you think.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So some might say, well, how can you believe in the KSR curse but not the Red Shepherd curse or any other curses?
Speaker 1: Yeah? How can you can't pick and choose curses?
Speaker 2: Sure? I can. I can do whatever I want.
Speaker 3: I would have say, I the KSR curse, I've si ks I curse is not four days old or four games old. The KSR curse goes back like thirteen years, okay, which is also an unlucky number. So I think that that's that's a real thing. Now as far as Georgia Amore goes, how do you replace her? I don't think you do. And I don't think anybody else will get that type of player either, because I don't know that there is another Georgia Amore that'll be coming into women's college basketball next. She's a very special player, unique, you know, type of player that comes around once every I don't know, ten.
Speaker 2: Years or so.
Speaker 3: So I'm not confident that anybody's gonna get that caliber player.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and for somebody that comes over with Kenny Brooks right had a history with the new coach, so she can implement this scheme a little even more so. And man, she's awesome. Mean, just tied the program record for most points in a game. And it's a shame that we got her as a fifth year. Right, so this is her last year. And if you have not been to Memorial, I employ you and to do so before her time is up. Let's take another call. Shannon Adam is on the line. Good morning Adam, Good morning guys.
Speaker 6: I was listening to the Jerry Eve Show this morning before Tom Leach and they are just wiling out over Louisville and how dominating they are this year and blowing teams out. And I just wanted to get your guys' take on how they would fare in the SEC. And I'll hang up and listen. Appreciate it.
Speaker 1: That's an That's a great question. Yeah, that's a great question because we've talked about Kentucky in the ac C. Yeah, and I think they'd be top three, no doubt. But what how would Louisville fair if they were in the say, let's just.
Speaker 3: Say they'd definitely be playing on Wednesday at the SEC tournament, probably bottom four. Yeah right, Yeah, Well, here's the thing, we don't really know how good Lobell is because they're playing in the ACC. Now, they can't help the teams that they play in the ACC are terrible, but they can help who they schedule in the non conference. So I think that maybe the best judgment of how good is Lobell look at maybe what they did in the now. Again, their non conference wasn't that great either, Right, I'm trying to remember exactly who they played, but I don't think they played a whole lot. They played Tennessee and got blown out.
Speaker 1: Yeah that was early. That was November ninth. We lost seventy seven to fifty five in that game.
Speaker 2: Yep, they did beat Clemson, who Kentucky lost to.
Speaker 1: They'd beat Clemson. It was a bad lite for Kentucky. But like their latest game versus Boston College, I don't know if you saw any of it, Shanne, there may have been thirteen people at that game. Like it was embarrassing how many people showed up. They lost that Georgia Telly's Loisville game. You know, Louisville's got some talent this year. There's no doubt, a big you know. I commend Pat Kelcey for the turnaround there, just because of how bad they were last year. But I don't think there's any doubt that they'd definitely be below five hundred in the SEC. But you know Kentucky is but again low five hundred.
Speaker 3: Right now, I go back to that game I just mentioned Georgia Tech. They lost a team that was under five hundred for the season. Yeah, Georgia Tech is eleven and twelve and they lost to them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they had some injury issues early on too, So how they would they have adjusted the same way if they are in the SEC. It's hard to tell, but we know that historically this is maybe the best SEC ever and maybe one of the worst accs ever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Loville also lost to two other SEC schools. It was that well, yeah, I guess three other ones Kentucky, True, Ohlenss Okay, Oklahoma.
Speaker 2: Okay, so they work. They're only four versus the SCC.
Speaker 1: Bottom three or four rueful. Uh But you know, maybe we see uh Pat Kelsey do something in the NCAA tournament. Maybe we see Rick Pattino do a little something in the NCAA tournament. Shannon, he seems to really have Saint John's hummon right now in the back.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, they are rolling twenty and three right now, so they're in control of their own destiny to win that conference, which is crazy that they're selling out Madison Square Garden.
Speaker 1: It is Saint John's is relevant again. And Shannon, meet your mic on the team's just a second, because I wanted to play two audio clips for you, uh, the first being rick Pattino. Matt mentioned his comments yesterday. This was Ricky P after the big win the other night.
Speaker 2: Control your free throws, you just ignore and keep plugging. Yeah, inside, I want to kill.
Speaker 5: Myself outside and just say that's okay, We're gonna make the next one.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: He actually doubled down and said the same thing on his interview with the Field of sixty eight two Shannon, Ricky P taking it personal when it free throw missing. We also had Colin Cowherd have an incident on area the other day. Shannon, I don't know if you heard this. You can hear Colin Cowherd later on Sports Talk seven ninety from noon to three, I believe, and Colin had to leave his show abruptly in the first segment on Monday.
Speaker 7: He is the Lakers are aspirational franchise with statues everywhere in the building, and the bottom line here is I think we're going to get a more dedicated lukup folks. So I'm going to take a break. I am getting very very sick, very very quickly on this set, and we will return.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Well, there he goes. He didn't return for the rest of the show. Was okay to tweet out and say that he's doing better. But Shannon, have you ever had a moment like that you had to step away from the microphone for you know?
Speaker 3: I did almost last year during the pre show. Do you remember that this show?
Speaker 1: Remind me? Remind me what this was?
Speaker 2: I don't know what it was.
Speaker 3: I just started feeling really bad, and I texted you. I go, man, I'm not feeling well. I'm going to try to h I do remember this now?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And I made it through it. I was fine. Turned out it was fine. But I don't know what it was. I just was not feeling good all of a sudden. Didn't you run to the bathroom during a break or something like that? No, obviously, I think I think it was just like dehydration, you know, like in the summer. I don't know, like if you don't consume enough water, it's easy to get like light. I felt really lightheaded. I felt like I was going to pass out. Uh huh, And we didn't.
Speaker 2: We didn't.
Speaker 3: We never mentioned this on the air, but I texted you. I go, like, I feel like I'm just gonna drop over and pass out. There's nobody here in the building if I were to do that, so you'd have to.
Speaker 2: Call for help.
Speaker 1: It'd be a real real issue if you were to pass out. Yeah, but but yeah, that that's happened before. You gotta drink a little bit more moonwater. Shit, and I mean we got to get you high.
Speaker 2: Twitter to see. Look, I got my bottle of water right here. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I uh. When we first started the pre show, I had a couple of times where when we went to a commercial break, I may have had to use the trash spin once or twice, but never like had to like, hey, I got to stop the show and leave. So yeah, uh uh. You know, gladly, Colin Cowherd is doing better, but not something you see very long often A five nine two eight oh two two eight seven. You never get sick if you go to Poppy's Mexican restaurant, Shannon, how about that transition. Poppies is authentic Mexican food in Lexington, Kentucky at the Palomar Fountains location or in Chevy Chase above Charlie Brown's. We're gonna be at Poppies for AKSR remote here coming up. I'm really looking forward to getting the KSR guys to have a big blue margarita or maybe have some of these great appetizers like the cono ste frios or the guacamole and caeso. You know, I'm a big guacamole guy. We've talked about this, but I'm also a big caso guy. You know, salsa is good, but I always we always go in and get the caso and guacin and that's included on many of their appetizer samplers. Or the Valentine's Day deal that we've been talking about forty five dollars for fijitas for two desserts, appetizers, cocktails, but only on Valentine's Day. Kids eat free on Wednesdays and get bottomless mimosas on Sunday from eleven to five thirty. It's Poppies Mexican restaurant in Chevy Chase above Charlie Brown's or the Palomar Fountains location. All right, We'll take a's right five two two eight seven. This is the show before the show. The case are pre show.
Speaker 2: Little blind Melon. You know blind Melon, don't you, Billy?
Speaker 1: Of course, along with Blue Christmas, this would have been one of the other songs I could have performed in a Checkers parking lot back in the day.
Speaker 2: Wow can you sing this high? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I've done a little falsetto here on the case our apprecio, you remember that? Yeah, dancing dancing Queen. One person text in and says, Hey, speaking of tickets, ask Shannon the dude when I'm going to get mine? And when is the podcast going to be up?
Speaker 2: You gotta win tickets first.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: I mean we probably get those texts every single day about the podcast too. The Super Bowl is this weekend. It's the Eagles versus the Chiefs. If the Chiefs win, they will be the first NFL franchise to win three straight Super Bowls in a row. But there's also a little history. If the Eagles win, Darien Cannard, the four i'mer Kentucky offensive lineman, would become only the second NFL player ever to win three straight Super Bowls. Darian Canard was drafted by the Chiefs, and he has won the Super Bowl the last two years. But Shannon, He's now on the Eagles. So if the Eagles were to win, he'd only become the second person ever to win three straight Super Bowls, joining Ken Norton Junior from ninety two to ninety four with Dallas and San Francisco. How about old Darien Canard, who was only active for three games this year, has a chance to bring home three Super Bowl rings.
Speaker 3: Well, that is really cool, a cool opportunity. But I cannot bring myself to pull for the Eagles under any circumstances.
Speaker 2: I got to pull for the Chiefs. So I hope the Chiefs pull it off.
Speaker 3: Again three in a row. Though I'm kind of over the Chiefs. I feel like I'm getting Chief fatigue. Yeah, let's see some fresh blood in there.
Speaker 1: I am, but I think a part of me wants to appreciate greatness. Right, and we'll look back in the annals of NFL history. You know, your grand children, it'll be run around and you can say, you know, I watched Patrick Mahomes and the chief when three straight Super Bowls, Shannon, So, I mean, I think there is a part of me that wants to appreciate greatness. But I'm the same with you. I'm just kind of tired of seeing them. And I'm Travis Kelsey.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Taylor switch Taylor's wear, and it is always the bigger story, right. I saw that she's got like a two million dollar spot up there in the box and she gets like all like this elaborate spread of food, sushi and stacks of seafood, and then like some kind of it was Tomahawk's steak with the super Bowl logo branded into the steak. Like when they are branding the super Bowl logo into the piece of meat that you're.
Speaker 2: About to eat. That's how you know you're at a bougie party.
Speaker 1: Oh, a bougie is the right word. And I think they have some sweets that are now field level where it's twenty thousand a seat for the.
Speaker 3: Super Bowl get so I don't care. I wouldn't get it's quite the price if the Packers were playing. I'm not going to pay twenty thousand dollars for that.
Speaker 1: John is on the phone, Good morning, John.
Speaker 5: Hello, Ken Bailey, how you doing all right?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm with you all, not really forage your team in the Super Bowl. I'm a Steelter fan, and they went out early as usual and on UK UK's women. Yeah, Georgia is a real good player. I watched it light Sunday when she got to fourty three points and the whole team's good though, not just Georgia. And the SEC has got eight teams in the ap PO in both put in both men and women. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, and also yeah, I also thought Arkansas would go down last night at the beating the Cats last night, but it didn't happen. Texas is pretty bad.
Speaker 3: I'm wondering if Kansas has a little surge of confidence now and maybe they're going to start playing better. I mean, there's still time for them to turn this thing around. They're three and six in the conference, so they're not completely out of it yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's still got time, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: Ye John, we appreciate it. Thanks for the call. Good to hear from you.
Speaker 1: Thank you, John. And he's right. I mean this this UK women's team is good outside of Georgia Amore. I think it's the tallest team ever in UK women's basketball history, and they have been playing like it. Shannon, tell me about DraftKings before we have to leave.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Draft Kings promo code KSR.
Speaker 3: New customers bet five dollars, get two hundred in bonus bets instantly. It's a great time to do that. With the super Bowl coming up this weekend. You can bet on all of the props and so much more with DraftKings promo code KSR. The crown is yours DraftKings.
Speaker 1: All right, So no Matt today. Drew and Ryan here in studio getting ready to host KSR next. We will be at Kentucky Branded on Friday. Shannon, how about this headline one hundred thousand eggs were stolen in Pennsylvania by thieves?
Speaker 3: Was it around thousand eggs? One hundred thousand dollars worth of eggs? Now one hundred thousand eggs?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 1: Worth forty thousand dollars. My question is how do you get one hundred thousand? Where do you store one hundred thousand eggs?
Speaker 3: Well, according to Ryan, you got to have a lot of roosters to get those eggs.
Speaker 1: Oh, Ryan, we love them. You'll hear them.
Speaker 5: Next.
Speaker 1: Hosting KSR for Shannon the Dude. I'm Billy Rutlis. This has been the ks OUR pre show. We'll talk to you tomorrow,