Speaker 1: Are you leaving? I you wanna way back home? Either way, we want to be there. Doesn't matter how much baggage you claim and give us time and a termino and gay. We want to send you off in style.
Speaker 2: We wanna welcome you back home.
Speaker 3: Tell us all about it.
Speaker 1: We scared her? Was it fine? Malborn? Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride.
Speaker 2: With Karen and Chris welcome to Do you need a ride? This is Chris Fairbanks and this is Karen Coilgarath.
Speaker 4: We are driving. It is warm, it is dry, I am in a T shirt. It might be winter where you are.
Speaker 3: Sorry, did you just come from a place where it actually felt like winter?
Speaker 4: No, but I'm preparing myself for this tour I'm going on. You're about to go to place very cold places, the coldest being Winnipeg. Oh, maybe the warmest being Boise, Idaho, Denver, depending on how Denver.
Speaker 2: You know what they say about Denver. You don't like the weather in.
Speaker 1: Denver, then you probably don't like snow that much.
Speaker 4: You probably just are a person that isn't happy for light with life and weather isn't your problem.
Speaker 1: It's a very large bumper stick It's.
Speaker 4: A long bumper sticker, and it ends with something about therapy. Just wait for minutes. That's what it is. There, it is, which is true. One time I went there with friends. We were skateboarding downtown and then all of a sudden, it snowed six inches, really more than a couple inches, like six inches.
Speaker 2: Then it melted and it was sunny again.
Speaker 1: And then you went. You did water skiing, then.
Speaker 2: We did water sports. We went to the mountains, we did mountain.
Speaker 1: Sports, mountains board, then.
Speaker 2: We hit the beach. We did all three in one day.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, every terrain.
Speaker 2: It was a triathlon.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, thank you.
Speaker 2: I won. I've won a metal. I drew it with crayon and it's mine.
Speaker 1: Oh, everybody's driving too close to this police.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, just because it's his job to almost get hit by a car doesn't mean he.
Speaker 2: Should get hit.
Speaker 1: He shouldn't, especially not by a bike.
Speaker 2: Well, those two were just kind of being a little nonchalant. They should keep their eyes open.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they really should. And this guy needs to stop commuting on a bike.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry. This is Los Angeles. It is not somewhere where bikes are helpful.
Speaker 4: There was a he wasn't the mayor, but we did have a mayor that would ride bikes, that would ride his bike to work every day in a no and not sorry in Missoula, Montana. And then there's some other government official that every single day.
Speaker 2: He was on his bike with a bright yellow helmet.
Speaker 4: It's one of the most vivid memories I have of childhood as seeing this elected person on a bike, and I always thought that was kind of cool.
Speaker 2: That's why we had sprocket man.
Speaker 3: Oh were you guys being like get out into nature and do move around type of stuff.
Speaker 4: It is a town where bikes are a big that's everyone rides bikes like it's great in this city. I want to ride a bike and I have a bike for riding. But it's just not a bike friendly town.
Speaker 1: It's not a friendly town at all.
Speaker 3: And then when it comes to bikes, things get really intent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a downright bike unfriendly town.
Speaker 3: Now, there are some streets that do have bike lanes, but most of do not. So you will like if you have in a bike, lean on Sunset and you take her right on Vine or that's not a good example. A smaller street's just fucked because then now you're in traffic.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 1: And I think that I can't remember who it was. Someone I knew.
Speaker 3: And this was like in the late nineties early two thousands, like started riding her bike everywhere, and every time I saw her, she's.
Speaker 1: Like, I fill up my bike and she'd have like.
Speaker 3: Cut hands and cut knees, and there was someone would hit her like crazy shit where I was just like, yeah, this doesn't seem like a good plan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to like ride your bike to the west side.
Speaker 2: It sounds like she had a lot of negative energy.
Speaker 1: I think she was real negative.
Speaker 4: I want to When I lived by the beach, there was bike lanes. I could ride my bike around.
Speaker 2: But I'm not where I'm at now, not near downtown.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, sir, no, thank you.
Speaker 4: It's too I'm you know, I'm cautious even getting out of a car after parallel parking. I just think every car is asleep and going to come towards me.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: I think that's the way to do it. Yeah, because there's so many people on pills in this town.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so many people.
Speaker 4: I mean half the time they'll run India because they're mid pill popping.
Speaker 1: They're choking on a huge valium most of the time.
Speaker 2: This whole city is it?
Speaker 1: Are you too warm?
Speaker 2: I feel great?
Speaker 4: Okay, great, I'm wearing a north face shell.
Speaker 1: If you must know, I must Who are you wearing?
Speaker 4: But I can unzip it and there's little vents. I can unzip it.
Speaker 2: I can unzip it. I can take the sleeves off.
Speaker 4: I can tie the sleeves around my head like a headmand Yeah.
Speaker 2: I can do a whole character with this jacket.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. The valley guy with the vesti.
Speaker 2: Oh, no way, that's what he'd say a lot.
Speaker 3: No way, my course, freezing, I have to run this yellow I'm sorry, my extremities have diacclimated.
Speaker 2: No way, no way. Oh my digits are rosty?
Speaker 1: Okay did I Stephen? Am I on the wrong street for this place? For the drive through?
Speaker 2: I think if you make a left? Yeah yeah, yeah, that's what that's telling me to do to pick up our next next guest. So it's on the way. Perfect, it's perfect.
Speaker 3: We have planned this, and then this fucking Nissan Juke won't get the fuck out of the way.
Speaker 2: And that's the name of the car.
Speaker 1: It was not you know, oh no, that was not a slur. It's all vehicular juice.
Speaker 2: Slander is a juke, Now correct me if I'm wrong.
Speaker 4: Juking is when like you're in a holloway and someone's trying to get past you and you do a little side shuffle.
Speaker 2: Shimmy, there it is, and you have your hands out.
Speaker 1: I don't is that true. I've never heard that.
Speaker 2: Word I juke come out?
Speaker 1: Am I wrong? Am I hallucinating? I am so sorry. I can't confirm or deny because I'm sure. Okay, thank you, Stephen.
Speaker 2: God.
Speaker 6: It feels like we're going to McDonald's for McDonald's coffe.
Speaker 3: I'm pretending that I think McDonald McDonald's a Starbucks because I just want to get fries.
Speaker 2: Man. Yeah, oh yeah, Yeah's see, you're tricking yourself. Yeah, it's probably the same corporate ownership.
Speaker 1: I thought this was green.
Speaker 2: Man. Don't get me started.
Speaker 3: Man, there's all one eye in the sky and they're all watching you at night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, from a eyeball mounted on the top of a pyramid. Man, all the presidents used to bathe together.
Speaker 1: I've never heard of this.
Speaker 2: I'm totally there's tunnels. Don't let me bring up Denver again.
Speaker 4: Man, there's a tunnel going from the capitol straight to a bath house.
Speaker 2: And that's where they do all their business dealings.
Speaker 3: Man, naptop, just scrubbing each other's back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, super anti woman and fuck it wead man. Here we go again with maybe in the hot one.
Speaker 4: On my side, it's like a It's like a Dan Drift shampoo to commercial. Yes, my side is tangling and foggy, and yours is clear and crisp and flake free.
Speaker 3: And even I don't know what's going on. I'm trying to do like three things at once. Would just have a conversation with you, figure out why the entire car is steaming up, and not overuse the AC for sound issues.
Speaker 2: And it's a job in itself just to decide for what I'm saying the time.
Speaker 3: I really like all the presidents take bad together. I want to watch the docu series about that.
Speaker 4: Yeah there, it's just if you get someone talking about Illuminati, it all melts into one thing.
Speaker 2: And maybe I added the bath house.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 1: I think the bath house element is fresh.
Speaker 3: I think we haven't seen bath house and comedy or anything the seventies that kind of you know, went out of favors, really became taboo. Yeah, the age of aids, and now it's back.
Speaker 2: Well, it's a meeting play, that's it's it's the patriarchy.
Speaker 1: A bath time that's where they get together in a bathtub.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a giant bathtub like the neighbor Kid, the mean Kid from Peewee's Big Adventure.
Speaker 2: Oh God, I.
Speaker 1: Love that laptub so much.
Speaker 4: It was I mean, when I was a kid, I was like, this is just a swimming pool. But if you watch that show again, it is indeed a bathtub in a giant in a giant bathroom.
Speaker 1: It's a like it.
Speaker 3: Looks like a waiting pool out that would be outside a bank, but he's swimming in it.
Speaker 4: I was such a fan of Pee Wee's Big Adventure, written by Paul Rubins and Phil Hartman.
Speaker 1: Is that true?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Phil Hartmon helped him right there. Well some little groundling boys, because.
Speaker 3: Phil Harmon used to do Did you ever see the Peewee's live stage show The Old One No Like from the eighties.
Speaker 1: Phil Harmon played Cat and Carl.
Speaker 3: He played see Captain that would stop by, But capt'n Carle didn't make it into the Big Adventure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and this is of course way before Saturday Night Live, or it seems way before. It was probably seven years but that movie, and it's Tim Burton. A lot of people don't know it's one of Tim Burton's early movies.
Speaker 1: Is that true?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I don't think I knew it.
Speaker 4: It is so great. Jan Hooks is so great in it. I love Pee Wee's Big Adventures so much. I thought it was so funny.
Speaker 2: And when I was a kid, I had Pee Weee Herman shirts and people would get you did great, thank you.
Speaker 1: It was scary.
Speaker 4: You know, you're being assertive and if someone were there that that means that they were aggressively trying to turn on the outside.
Speaker 1: Which you know they'll do, Yeah they will.
Speaker 2: This sounds aggressive. Thank god, we're not a bike again.
Speaker 1: Let's just underline that. Wait, what was the point you were just making that?
Speaker 4: Oh, just if you haven't seen he was a Big Adventure, watch it again because it holds up and it's so funny.
Speaker 2: And I was just a fan.
Speaker 4: I wore T shirts and I remember almost getting beat up at the Western Montana Fair because I had this like kind of like.
Speaker 2: Screen. What was the Andy Warhol painting.
Speaker 4: It was like he did it with a bunch of people, but the famous one was Marilyn Monroe. But I had that of Peewee's head when I was a kid, and it was just so cool, and bullies would want to fight me.
Speaker 2: They were threatened somehow by Peewee.
Speaker 3: Did it look like Peewee had makeup on because it was like blue totally?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I was wearing a quote unquote gay shirt. And back then that's why you get beat up at the fair.
Speaker 3: That was like you were putting in your your submitting your form to request to be beaten up.
Speaker 2: Yes, I was had an affair. I sent it in ahead of time and I was first in line.
Speaker 3: I attached my check. I actually didn't staple it. I put a paper clip on it. So when screw up your machine, I'm sorry process my request.
Speaker 2: I didn't indoors said.
Speaker 1: Check now I was.
Speaker 3: I believe I was either eleven or twelve when that movie came out. So that movie hit our lives. It took over our lives. I know almost every word. It was the movie that everyone in the family wanted to watch.
Speaker 1: My dad thought, what was the part that he talked he talked about me make me.
Speaker 3: When he was at the bar with the bikers and then he knocked He did the dance and then knocked the motorcycles over. It was like my father's favorite thing. Yeah, yeah, just every part about it. When he finally gets the part in the movie paging mister Herman like it's just wonderful fellow.
Speaker 2: The front desk so good. Yeah, it really holds up, and it's got scary moments like weird. It was Tim Burton, it was scary, it was creepy.
Speaker 1: Large march is such as Tim Burton, Joint.
Speaker 4: And Oingo boy Go music, Danny Elfman music, It's got everything you want.
Speaker 3: Eg Daily, Valley Girl line a legend everything.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Yati Dottie.
Speaker 3: Is eg Daily, who was like the prima la actress from eighties.
Speaker 1: Seventies, eighties.
Speaker 4: I didn't know that, and when I was a kid, I'm like that lady's punk rock because she kind of talked like Valley.
Speaker 2: She was like come on, she was come on.
Speaker 3: She was a lead singer of a really cool band and her like eg Daily, her music was in a bunch of eighties movies like There's You Like if you heard a song of hers, you'd be like, oh, I've.
Speaker 1: Heard that band before. Oh wow, Yeah, she's awesome.
Speaker 2: That's funny. You know.
Speaker 4: I found myself googling her one day and she's still around and she's still cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Did you see the movie Valley Girl starring Nicholas Cage.
Speaker 2: No, no, I didn't.
Speaker 3: She plays one of the front If you ever want a great slice of the eighties, like literally, I think it was from nineteen eighty or eighty one, and it's basically the kid that's from Hollywood that's like a punk rocker meets and falls in love with a valley girl.
Speaker 1: And at the time that just meant like kind of a rich white girl in the valley. But everyone talked it was just that weird, stupid trend that exploded.
Speaker 2: Shane saw it.
Speaker 3: Like changed culture, like Frank Zappa changed publicly changed the culture.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that song Frank Zappa, that's the song I think of when you mentioned that movie. It came before the movie.
Speaker 3: It had to have write uh, I probably yes, because that the song started the trend.
Speaker 2: Wow, I don't know.
Speaker 1: If that's a great question.
Speaker 2: Oh, it was like an impression. It was a voice. My sister and I did together to bond yep entirely she was a valley girl and I would be a valley boy alternating tall valley girl.
Speaker 3: Well right, but also that song holds up as well. I heard it on driving somewhere and it is so like you wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Think it was Moon doing the doing an impression.
Speaker 3: You would think think it was an actual valley girl just being caught on tape.
Speaker 2: Oh, his kid was doing the voice.
Speaker 1: It's Moon Unit Zappa.
Speaker 3: She's a hilarious, very talented, brilliant like performer writer. She does a ton of cool stuff. She has a podcast that Steven's engineered before.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I used to produce the podcast that she is called Launch Left Yeah, and she rolls. The song was made in nineteen eighty two and then Valley Girl with Nicholas Cage eighty four eighty three, so it must have been like inspired by this totally.
Speaker 2: You're right. It started it.
Speaker 3: It started all of it, and it changed like I remember life before and after Valley Girl, because all of a sudden, everyone started talking like that, even if you lived in Pedlom the California were nowhere near the sand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, valley like it.
Speaker 3: It caught fire and never went away. That's so funny, you know, it's fascinating.
Speaker 4: I noticed, yeah when I had lived in snowboard towns, which are in the mountains somewhere nowhere near a valley or a beach. Everyone and also talk like that, like totally talk like this a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wait, aren't you from Idaho? It's so funny.
Speaker 1: But it's like that they want to be that guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's that he's laid back, he's fun and he doesn't beat people up at the fair. It was a simpler time with simpler minds. Also a good Man.
Speaker 1: Another classic from the eighties.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they are the best. But let's talking. Let's not dwell in the past. No, let's be in the present, the future and present future twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: Should we colonize the moon? Call in, write in, tell us what's your thought? Let's hear those hot takes.
Speaker 2: Is the earth flat?
Speaker 1: Let us know what's it like in your neighborhood.
Speaker 2: I haven't done much yet this year. I'm going to go ahead and admit, Oh.
Speaker 3: Believe me, I've been absolutely on the couch, probably since the last.
Speaker 1: Time I saw you.
Speaker 4: I don't think we should count I've been on the couch a lot too, And I don't think I'm depressed. But I did watch a very very good news special from.
Speaker 2: Goldman Gary.
Speaker 1: Yes, the Great Depression. Yeah yeah, Goldman Gary Gary Goleman. Yeah, yeah, he's great.
Speaker 2: It is really great.
Speaker 4: But also when he's sharing with me, he's very open in it, and he's sharing a lot and a lot of his examples of depression. I was like, wait, I do that you No, wait a minute, I do that too. Uh So I wrote him a note that he probably won't see.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I bet he will. And I'm sure he knows who you are. Well.
Speaker 4: Everyone writes us nice things and I try and read them and try and respond, and if not, it's because it got buried with other life things.
Speaker 1: But again, this is just like the fucking Taurus pins. Where are they writing to you? I haven't seen it.
Speaker 4: I'm the trust pins are and I will bring them. We'll divvy him up again right now. We will use the card that came with them.
Speaker 5: Oh nice to today.
Speaker 1: No thanks. I think it's just going to be drinks. Can I get a double tall one pump mocha?
Speaker 2: What would you do? You guys have oat milk? That's okay.
Speaker 4: All we have is a sure, all all have just a drip coffee with almond milk.
Speaker 2: Almond?
Speaker 1: What size do you want?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Sorry, grande with almond milk please, Yeah.
Speaker 2: You got it?
Speaker 1: What's stephen?
Speaker 6: And I'll just do?
Speaker 1: And can we also get a Grande vanilla la please? Hot hot?
Speaker 2: You got it?
Speaker 1: That's all? Thank you?
Speaker 2: Did you guys say I didn't? I did under pressure of Ashley Elaine's illustration. Constant designer did all of our drinks drawings of our drinks and yours is a double pump. You did your drink? I deviated a little.
Speaker 1: Oh where's that?
Speaker 2: It was just on Instagram today.
Speaker 1: Oh that's so. That's that's very cool.
Speaker 4: This looks like quecially if you zoom in, because it's just like, oh, it's just two tones of drips, but it looks.
Speaker 1: Exactly Yes, that's what it looks like.
Speaker 2: Calistoga phone.
Speaker 1: She's so cool. She is cool. Thank you, Ashley, Ashley Ashley Lane.
Speaker 2: Yes, and today's.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: Both are cards just an old fairness. This is a greeting card that came with the gift card from Ali and Shauna, sisters who bond every other Monday.
Speaker 1: Thank you laughing.
Speaker 4: Did you need no, thanks, do you need they said, their friends decided to say offishly get married the same day I had a show in Oklahoma City.
Speaker 2: I hope they've severed ties.
Speaker 1: But they came to the show.
Speaker 2: No no, I remember this was.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 4: But they sent someone who gave me this. Oh, thank you very much, and there's a turtle on it.
Speaker 2: Meaningful there, So that's home made too.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 1: That's great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love it and it makes me feel good. And sometimes I cry what name to Jameson's subject and it's a nice card, and often I am in the position of fetal.
Speaker 1: So no, thank you, thank you, have a good one.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Gary Goldman's special made me wake up though and kind of see the day.
Speaker 1: Oh good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it kind of snapped me out of it because I was like, wait a minute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's well.
Speaker 3: You know, that's how you kind of know that it's not actually depression is because you have that choice, right, you know.
Speaker 1: So that's good.
Speaker 3: It's a scary I mean, like, dude, that happens to me every time where I'm just like uh huh, isolating, yes, saying.
Speaker 2: It at whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but then yeah, it's I really, depression is such a horrifying thing. And I was reading an article about him and the shit he fucking went through. It's amazing he has a special, like he really came back from the brink. It's really cool. Yeah, and I think that guy just writes amazing jokes and it's really funny.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he had a lot of great It was like a perfect combination of meaningful, Like he started it pretty serious. It's not that and the jokes are hidden in these stories and valid points and they're they're all throughout. It's when someone clearly, it's like, sits down to write a special or put together the jokes and make sure it has a.
Speaker 2: Through line, which I've never done with stand up. I'm just like, oh, let me, these jokes are all about my balls, so I'll do them together.
Speaker 1: So I'll group those under B. Yeah, I guess move on to my.
Speaker 4: Masturbation stuff or made up stuff about parents having sex together.
Speaker 2: No, I'll do it. Yeah, you know. I just he's done the.
Speaker 3: Work totally, and it's kind of like I think that thing these days. It's it's cool because I think a lot of people need help and so it comedy's fine, but it feels like it's great when you can do it.
Speaker 1: And it actually has meaning.
Speaker 3: Right, you're actually being honest and talking about something like talking about yourself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's very cool. Yeah, and you're not boring about it.
Speaker 2: No, it's it was great. I just watched it last night.
Speaker 1: Awesome, very good, very good.
Speaker 2: Good job Gary, And sorry about that one time I approached you in security at the airport.
Speaker 1: Did you really Yeah?
Speaker 4: I was like, you don't know me, but your conan set was one joke and now everyone's trying to do that and it's because of you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Did he appreciate it?
Speaker 2: He did, He was nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he seems he's what you.
Speaker 4: Don't expect is he's a very large, strong looking man. And that was the other thing when watching this special.
Speaker 2: He talks about all the trouble yet as a kid and depression and not fitting in, but he looks like an All American football player guy, So it's depression does not discriminate.
Speaker 1: And that someone trying to cross the street right as I turn.
Speaker 2: No, No, you were fine, you were fine. You did kill the dog.
Speaker 3: I mean that was a little It was so in the dark, and I only saw the last scon Well, it's scary when someone's walking with an animal in front of them like that, here's.
Speaker 1: The end, letting the dog lead. Thank you.
Speaker 3: You're right, and it's the thing of Yeah, if I saw Gary Goldman, I'd be like, oh that oh that guy.
Speaker 1: I guess he thinks he has it all. Yeah, I mean he has.
Speaker 3: That kind of like the dude that the tall, a tall white guy is like, you know those people have been sitting on top of the world for years.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, we're underground in a series of tunnels.
Speaker 1: Oh right, we're back to Yeah, we're in a back toe.
Speaker 4: This is a high centering boy. I'm glad you took that slow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, had to. That was a deep dip, deep.
Speaker 3: Wet. Have you been watching the adult swim series? Joe Para talks with you.
Speaker 2: I know I haven't.
Speaker 1: Well, I wish you would, even if.
Speaker 2: You all right, if you have a I make noises.
Speaker 4: A bus could be coming filled with clowns with a sign on it that says coming for you, Karen and Chris and I would just go today more energy than it just takes to say, oh the word bus or stop or clowns.
Speaker 2: Or death dying dy dying. Uh No, I want to you. I think.
Speaker 4: Mentioned him and I just looked at the way he talks or you know you, I pretend your tweets are conversations you've had with me. You just posted him driving and talking, right, Yes, that was.
Speaker 1: The Christmas picking out a Christmas tree.
Speaker 3: He has a series on Adult Swim that is so like I put it on.
Speaker 1: At night just to feel better. Yeah, it's crazy great and I think you would adore it.
Speaker 2: It's really during a character, you think, or that's what he's like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because like Nathan Fielding or Fielder. I've been watching Nathan for you Late in Life and I love it. But there are times he snaps out of it and it's like, but you know he's that person, right, but he can augment it for because he knows they're self aware.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I think, yeah, I think people people that are that good are goosing it a little.
Speaker 1: Sure, you have to, but you gotta goose it.
Speaker 5: Ok.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, what a nice pad.
Speaker 5: Spot.
Speaker 1: I didn't realize.
Speaker 2: I will tell him we're here perfect, yesked if we're still coming? Oh sorry late. I think he's waiting for an apology there, I said, just do it.
Speaker 3: It doesn't hurt you to apologize, It doesn't diminish you.
Speaker 2: You know what it actually feels good. Even though it's a text. I don't mean, it.
Speaker 3: Still feels great to start texting sorry to everyone, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and this is for it's me, not you. I'll say sorry, it's me, not you, And then but I really mean this is for me.
Speaker 1: Not you. It's to myself.
Speaker 2: I'll be out here soon.
Speaker 4: The point is, don't count January. Everyone's recharged. Things aren't even in full working order. Your boss is still in Bermuda or whatever it starts in February. Whatever you promise yourself. You know, there's a lot of wiggle room in January.
Speaker 2: That's my point.
Speaker 3: It's kind of a great area and there are no hard and fest rules. I think January is just a desert of broken resolutions and people feeling shame about, like only eight days ago, feeling great right now not feeling great.
Speaker 2: Yes, So that's what I don't like. The memory of a contrast. That's what's been bothering me. Is the top of the world around Christmas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, merely three weeks ago, you had it all going on.
Speaker 2: And all I've done in the last four days is hang a line to dry clothes on. But I haven't done the laundry.
Speaker 1: But you're prepared now when I'm ready.
Speaker 2: It's real cool.
Speaker 4: It's got a little zip thing and I hook it and it goes across my courtyard. I've always wanted courtyard line drunk. Oh oh he's here.
Speaker 2: Oh Hi, Hi James. Sorry, we're a little wait. We ran into some trouble.
Speaker 1: Sorry, we're James picked up you James trouble You say?
Speaker 2: How are you? Buddy? We're our guest today is James Frett.
Speaker 1: James Frits.
Speaker 4: Everybody comedian extraordinary. No, no, we put it in later.
Speaker 1: Don't worry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we slipping in real.
Speaker 5: Hi.
Speaker 2: Hi are you?
Speaker 5: I'm all right?
Speaker 1: Everything good?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Ever cried on this before?
Speaker 2: I was just talking about that.
Speaker 1: Today's the day we all cry. I love it.
Speaker 2: We usually build up to it. But get it right out on the flood gates.
Speaker 1: You want to start, do it?
Speaker 2: Get it? What's been bothered? Are you?
Speaker 5: What makes you tick?
Speaker 1: What's going on with James Fritz?
Speaker 2: James? What's on the agenda?
Speaker 5: James? Reverse? Does it delete?
Speaker 3: What? You want to?
Speaker 1: Just drive back around your house?
Speaker 5: We'll do it again.
Speaker 1: Take two. Are we going anywhere specific? Or are we just driving around?
Speaker 5: We canna just drive around whatever?
Speaker 2: You need, we can do whatever out and have a comedy concert tonight.
Speaker 7: There's an open mic that's really good mention.
Speaker 5: It's in West Covina, so perfect.
Speaker 3: Call Steve Fernandez and tell him you're canceling. Call him and cancel the you're spot.
Speaker 1: At the open mic.
Speaker 5: That'd be a weird power move.
Speaker 3: Can you just put a scratch through number seventy four please, I'm.
Speaker 5: Not gonna come.
Speaker 2: There is that show. I've never done that show, Chatterboxes. Really yeah, I've never done it. I don't know why.
Speaker 5: I've been.
Speaker 2: Because of a headache or something.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 4: I think that's probably because Steve hates me. But one time my ex was looking for a car. We were at a dealership and the guy was giving her a real run around, charging her for an extra code of paint and stuff like that. And then comedian came up and then he was such. He's like, I got that show every night and it gave a big deal on that car.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Steve.
Speaker 3: Yeah, basically because you dropped the name of the Chatterbox, you got a deal.
Speaker 2: Oh I lied and said it was my show.
Speaker 5: But he's a big fan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, big fan. Never met the booker cut.
Speaker 1: To steam driving and a like both hub caps follow. It's just like I can't get a break.
Speaker 4: It would have been his car deal. Yeah, we shot a I guess it's a pilot. It's a short presentation. James is in it.
Speaker 5: A tone poem, it's a it's a.
Speaker 1: Virtual specific art project.
Speaker 4: It's a moving picture with audio meant for entertainment or hopefully in the future.
Speaker 2: It's a sizzle a sizzle reel and I'm in it, James is in it. Some other a veil clients, our manager.
Speaker 1: How do we can we vimeo this? How do we get a hold?
Speaker 2: I'm just bringing it for you know, you to be in the meeting. Give it the green thumb for the light, for the red light.
Speaker 5: Okay, the green thumb garden.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I've never gardened.
Speaker 1: You're gonna subtilize this thing for the big red light.
Speaker 5: Could there be more potholes?
Speaker 4: James?
Speaker 2: Is that why you're crying?
Speaker 7: I did run over a nail today and actually needed a ride. I heard it, I heard I heard a tiny pop and then I was like, oh boy. And then I pulled over and there was like a nail attached to like a round thing so it would stand up like I was assaulted.
Speaker 5: Basically, it was a trap.
Speaker 3: It sounds like it was straight out of the ACME Attack Company, like something the road Runner would put down.
Speaker 5: Okay, I was on the run from the cops.
Speaker 1: Do you have to replace that tire?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What a pain?
Speaker 2: It explains the other day battery two days ago.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, I just put it.
Speaker 1: On the list of Bill Bill.
Speaker 5: Shit.
Speaker 2: If it's not one thing, it's another.
Speaker 5: Am I right, James, there's yours?
Speaker 2: What my high five? Yeah? There would go.
Speaker 3: There's a really good tire place on San Fernando, closer to glenn Dale if you need about this.
Speaker 1: I'm not kidding. I went there when I had the Honda fit one time and I had no fuck.
Speaker 3: I'd zero tens of thousands of dollars money and I went there and I was just like, yeah this and he goes, all of your tires are bald. I can't let you leave here, and I was like, I gotta go, I'm leaving.
Speaker 1: It was the craziest and then he basically gave me the best deal allow for imported tires.
Speaker 2: Just whoa, oh wow another another Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think they were.
Speaker 2: German ooh, German tires.
Speaker 3: So James Fritz what's going on? We'll stop joke asking you and actually talk.
Speaker 1: To you, right, what is going on?
Speaker 5: Not much, Karen?
Speaker 2: You the reason I brought it up are so good in that he plays like a bad lawyer. You acted in that? Are you still riding the acting?
Speaker 5: But I get the acting bug is that you're asking?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, did you become a lawyer?
Speaker 7: Yeahs I went into bad law school.
Speaker 5: And I failed out, So I'm the best.
Speaker 2: You're well on the way. You're well on the way. Yeah, you were great in that, very very good. Oh thanks one take ten minute long monologue nailing it and I was sitting across from him trying not to laugh. It's just great.
Speaker 5: It was a fun shoot.
Speaker 2: It was a fun shoot.
Speaker 5: You have to say that every time, right, I'm I'm just youre better acting.
Speaker 1: You're starting to learn the political part of it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I love politics. No, but I'm good. You know January is the worst month, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what we're just saying, man, totally, what's the point of it.
Speaker 1: It's a wash.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a holding, it's a waiting room for February.
Speaker 2: It's a time. It's a time purgatory.
Speaker 5: And you just process trauma from the holidays.
Speaker 3: And prepare for trauma for a fan that one times day. Right, it's like it's a sandwich of pain.
Speaker 2: Did you go back to uh where?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Kentucky? I went to Arkansas first.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure you got Kentucky.
Speaker 5: Would feel better ticket.
Speaker 1: It's called set points.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and I just my mom is very not doing well. So it was a very rough trip. Yeah, they're getting old, she's got Parkinson's.
Speaker 5: Is this funny yet? I gotta make funny.
Speaker 1: We'll find it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So that was a brutal and then just back straight to like work and just exhausted. I'm I'm just it's been a very exhausting January.
Speaker 2: I go from I'm trying to book you on this. So you work often?
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know, I'm a kind of a working class hero type. No, no war criminals in my family, no producer.
Speaker 1: No, no one's that's gonna help.
Speaker 7: You started from the gutter, and I'm still still in the gutter around here.
Speaker 1: What party is that?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, references started at the bottom and I'm still at the bottom.
Speaker 5: Wait are you thinking of Jenny from the bottom the bottom.
Speaker 2: Of my heart? Yeah? Night, No, I haven't. Is it good?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 5: I actually loved it.
Speaker 1: I wanted it to be.
Speaker 3: Sixty five percent more magic Mike, because I was like, here's the thing about me.
Speaker 1: I don't give a fuck about whatever, Constance.
Speaker 5: What's her last You got constants? Right though?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Constance is the key.
Speaker 3: The second it was like her serious story when there was like tears shed while she was wearing pearls.
Speaker 1: After after the fact, I was just like, get out, who cares?
Speaker 3: Get me back to that strip club where Lizzo works in Cardials right right.
Speaker 1: That should have been Cardi B's movie.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, was great.
Speaker 1: She was fucking legendary.
Speaker 2: I gotta watch it.
Speaker 7: But my favorite scene, I mean, I love the movie for this scene alone, because I've never seen a movie where someone said that they were like I had to admit that they went to brown with shame that scene. I was like, standing up and cheering scene.
Speaker 5: But no, you were just swatched out of sight though.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah last night for the first time. Yeah, I watched that.
Speaker 1: For the first time.
Speaker 5: So great.
Speaker 2: No, I've seen it a few times, but man does it hold up? And man's the best.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The tension where he's sitting down with her but they're they're fast forwarding to them in the room together and like undressing across the room from each other and all the like there is a hand on a leg and goosebumps appear like it is so intense goose owner fuel.
Speaker 2: Oh sorry, I'm sorry. You're right.
Speaker 1: It's it's super hot and it's j Lo at her most fascinating.
Speaker 2: I mean, I know she's great in it.
Speaker 7: I saw that and I was like, well, she's going to be a new movie star. I love And then it was like, I'm a maid and.
Speaker 1: Then you're like in Manhattan, the perfect follow up out of Sight.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she went like ful McConaughey for a minute. She was like, I did my prestige. Now I'm just gonna She.
Speaker 3: Also did a couple like Violent Lady Revenge movies or like those kind of member Enough where she was a beaten wife that then took krav Maga or something like that.
Speaker 5: I don't remember what the plot was, will.
Speaker 4: She There are some scenes where she kicks ass in out of Sight and it's believable.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, she's yes, Yeah, did you just watch I love it? I love it. That guy the best. That guy is so scary.
Speaker 4: He's a scary rapist x con and and he I'm I was nervous in that scene and she just pulls out this telescoping h baton thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he's like, we tussled and then it freezes.
Speaker 1: You want to Tussleberg?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's my favorite Soderberg. That are the line Mey, I think I love the line.
Speaker 1: O Limey's great.
Speaker 3: But I think out of Sight is I think it's like in one in my top three movies of all time.
Speaker 1: Wow, because you can't. First of all, I think we're I was just talking about this somewhere Steven. It was probably on one of the other podcasts we do, but.
Speaker 3: Fucking Steve's on and out of Sight is like epic character work but so real.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know that fucking guy.
Speaker 5: That was when John was on a crazy tear.
Speaker 7: Yes, he would show up in everything and I would just be like, I love this guy, my favorite actor.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, yeah, it was like basically right up there. He was kind of like a blonde Sam.
Speaker 2: Rock Well.
Speaker 5: With both of them, is it rock Well? And yeah, I feel like I have and Paul Giamani before he blew out you.
Speaker 2: Mutt, Yeah, I have seen Safe Now.
Speaker 4: I love that movie and yeah them together, God, let's watch that yeah, wait, stop recording.
Speaker 1: And that one is Sam Roccle kind of dumb. I can't remember.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they're like safe crackers. Yeah, like he's I mean, it's a movie stuff. Like he's just got a talent for it, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's actually his passion listening.
Speaker 3: Listening to inanimate objects with a stethoscope is what.
Speaker 1: I've always dreamed.
Speaker 2: He started playing doctor as a child.
Speaker 1: And now we're here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's yeah, what are you up to?
Speaker 3: Son?
Speaker 1: Come back?
Speaker 3: Also, he was he played in Sunshine Cleaning, which is a little indie film with Amy Adams and.
Speaker 1: A secondary yell Constance Constance Woo.
Speaker 3: Steve Soon plays the douchebag cop boyfriend in a complete star turn, and it's like Steve's on the way.
Speaker 1: I've never seen him, but he's so.
Speaker 3: Gross and it's he got super jacked for it and he's just like an asshole.
Speaker 1: Like it's the best.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I can't imagine.
Speaker 2: I noticed so good. You know, well he's more jack than me. It looks like you weren't supposed to laugh. I go to the gymnasium, I do you guys wanted me to take my shirt off. I know Steve's on, but I'm nothing.
Speaker 3: All comparisons start with Chris, no matter whether you're a weightlifter or a fine painter.
Speaker 1: And I can't paint that Chriss.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just saying he's got kind of big arms, that's all.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But he's it's he's like a subtle babe where he doesn't he doesn't need to chew up the fucking scenery.
Speaker 1: He's just delivering his ship. What about the movie Safe, the Julian Moore Todd Haynes movie.
Speaker 5: Oh that's a fun one. I love that movie. This movie is so intense.
Speaker 3: When she's like standing in the living room and she had just I think that was when she was about to drop in the dry cleaner.
Speaker 1: But she's standing there, She's like, Maria, have a glass of milk, please, and she says it so insane, like bone chilling.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I gotta see Safe. So he's in Save Man, he is, Yeah, Well that guy's going for it.
Speaker 5: That guy a lord.
Speaker 1: That guy was like, I'm gonna wait till the car passes. Nope, I'm going to walk in front of the Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: He just tap the gas cap with his belt buckle.
Speaker 1: James, is this have you lived in on the East Side, like the whole time you've lived in.
Speaker 5: LA I was in like I was on like Santa Monica and Vine basically my first five years.
Speaker 1: So I was that's kind of intense.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 5: Did you see I loved it though?
Speaker 1: Did you see some fucked up shit over there?
Speaker 7: Literally there was a lot of ship righting around, sucked up all my britos standing, yeah, what's up my shoulders?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: I mean yeah, there were a lot of helicopters. Yes, yeah, a lot of helicopters. Is there a landing pad mirror?
Speaker 1: They never land they just chase theirs.
Speaker 7: But no, it was I mean I wasn't scared because I'm you know, I lived in Chicago for a long time in some bad neighborhoods.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: But if if I were a lady, like if I ever had any lady friends visiting, and I mean friends who are ladies, yeah, I know, I know you to have those, like I would be like, where'd you park? I'll come, you know, because at night it could get a little chippy. But it felt like there was just there was like a there was a difference as you went down in blocks from like oh this is Hollywood and Vine, this is Sunset and Vine.
Speaker 5: Oh, this is Santa Monica Vine.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and then it got real sketchy until you hit like the Mansions and I'm like, oh my god.
Speaker 1: Yeah, then it's turns right back.
Speaker 3: I mean that whole area is So that's where I almost hit the high school girls on the bird scooters who were writing on my side of the street toward my car, like screaming and writing straight to the front of my car. And then they just they just split like the like the Blue Angels, And then I was like, what the fuck is up with these scooter And that's how that's.
Speaker 1: How I learned about the god.
Speaker 2: That was patriotic and beautiful. God damn it, it was insane.
Speaker 1: I almost killed three teens. But like that, the difference between like.
Speaker 3: A hat trick, what's happening at the Taco Bell and what's happening like on Larchmont is a world different.
Speaker 5: Light years away crazy, and that taco bell is is truth that some deep truths there is that taco bell.
Speaker 3: Also, it's one of the only taco bells really around unless you're like in the valley. I think, yeah, so you got I get there when you like, you know, when it's two thirty am and you're just ripped out of your mind.
Speaker 1: You gotta go down Vine.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you got to see if you can walk through the drive there still know.
Speaker 1: You guys, Well try the change the roof.
Speaker 2: That's where mbar was too, a little further. Yeah, and that's one of the first places I did stand up in town and parking. I never would pay for parking when I first moved here. I just didn't have money. And so you find yourself parking in the weirdest dangerous corners. It's so scary.
Speaker 7: It's scary and can tell how expensive your car is by the door slam, like, oh that's a good one.
Speaker 5: Oh right, right, that was a question.
Speaker 1: We're going into plan B.
Speaker 3: I'm awake and I'm now going to attack you based on everything you have in your car.
Speaker 7: Door and the side streets were like so poorly lit. We're like, I mean, it was legit creepy at night sometimes and there's just maybe that's just.
Speaker 5: Changed, but just trash everywhere. Yeah, I'm not a man.
Speaker 2: But you are proper, proper luckily not from I'm.
Speaker 7: No kaboodle, you know me, You know how I am, But I'm like, la put some fucking garbage cans out on the.
Speaker 2: Corner, right, that's always a thing. Why not? Why not just a garbage can on every quarner?
Speaker 3: I think, you know, you know why, because there's a bunch of people here who thought they were going to get their own sitcom and it didn't work out, and they're just like, I'm going to eat this chilupa Supreme and then throw the fucking wrapper on the ground because fuck everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's angry actors.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the whole city. And I'm one of them.
Speaker 5: And I am one of them.
Speaker 1: I am too, I am too.
Speaker 2: Oh are we auditioning right now?
Speaker 5: Always? Baby? I got them.
Speaker 2: I saw you catch the bug.
Speaker 5: My sister has lime disease too, so we're having a disease.
Speaker 1: Chris just totally rancid.
Speaker 2: And every way you've been there, I know you already took a shit on all my Parkinson's jokes that it's gonna do.
Speaker 1: You already burned up my Parkinson's material. And there's nothing. I mean, here's what's cool about it.
Speaker 3: Everybody goes through the healthcare to the healthcare system in America and basically slowly realizing that the set point that you had with your family is absolutely like.
Speaker 1: Basically doesn't last.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, and once you go into next phase shit of sickness or a problem of some kind, it is like the most bizarre alien.
Speaker 1: Experience where you're just like, oh, we're doing this now. Oh life is like this.
Speaker 5: Now it's bum fuck Kentucky and I hated it. I hate it there. Yeah, frustration really just sat I have to visit more.
Speaker 2: Come on, because she's there, do you wish that you could bring your mom here to doctors here or because.
Speaker 5: I've felt that way, Well, that's what I mean.
Speaker 7: That's there. You know, they're old school, dude, they're in their eighties. They're both from like smaller towns. They don't want any piece of this. But I'm like, I'm like, California's giant. You can find some little place. Yeah, the weather will probably you know, the weather will be better.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but then they'll just be your eighty year old parents in California when they're like, we like it better in Kentucky.
Speaker 7: Right, I mean, they just you know, you know, and I feel the guilt about not being there, but what you know, yeah, I have to work so I can stay out here and entertain the nice people.
Speaker 1: Put a big.
Speaker 2: Smile on your face, get happy immediately. It's January.
Speaker 5: But yeah, dad's doing horrible too. So but he's no diseases.
Speaker 1: Oh so he's just having hard time.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, well you know he's you know, you know, man, we're the biggest babies.
Speaker 2: So like.
Speaker 5: I'm like, mom's actually doing all right, just.
Speaker 1: Take it easy, dat. Yeah, no, it's awful. Also, then it's the holiday, so you're like, oh, we don't even get to have.
Speaker 5: This right, right right. They're always pretty bad though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a pressure to be happy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it kind of fet like a glove. This year. It's like, oh, this is our natural mood.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my right when I got home for Christmas, I walked in the door and we immediately took my dad to the er.
Speaker 2: Like that's how everything ended. Fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like there's all you just wanted to see it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's yes, I don't like your color.
Speaker 5: He likes how they decorated for Christmas. Yeah, yeah every year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're gonna love it. Be quiet, pillow case over the head. No, it's there's also pressure to like every everything's supposed to be happy and cheery. But yeah, life.
Speaker 4: Doesn't stop just because Jesus was born exactly two thousand years ago, and still there's still ship and then pressure for it to be a good year. But the point is January doesn't matter.
Speaker 7: It's also that run of holidays is insane. It's insane that we've decided as a people to group them like, yeah, they should be what are we doing.
Speaker 1: It's an onslaught east.
Speaker 7: It's like farmer time rules when you were just stay inside and like you know, you would oregon trail it to the next town and stayed for two months.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the true feasts and yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll get back to that soon enough.
Speaker 2: Covered dagons, don't worry.
Speaker 1: We're right on the fucking brink.
Speaker 5: Toself by an earthquake kit, Oh.
Speaker 1: Did you feel the earthquake?
Speaker 5: I've only felt one ever and I've been out here eight years. I did have a disease where you can't feel it.
Speaker 2: Oh the good guy, Oh yeah, the opposite the the uh.
Speaker 7: My girlfriend was around, like is that an earthquake? And she was like feeling the walls and I was like, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've missed a lot of them too, even some of the classics, like A seven that seven to two. All I was thinking, is that day I've found some picture frames and for of this nice framing store. They were like, no one used these five dollars, but they charged hundreds.
Speaker 5: I get you were in a framing store. Now, yeah, earthquake and didn't notice it all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I know, I don't know where. I was just oh my bean bag chair, no I.
Speaker 4: But the hardware I had for hanging pictures was not strong enough, and it was like, I'll replace that later. I could tell if I put any weight on it that the little hook would bend, and that's what when the earthquake happened, I'm like, well that was.
Speaker 2: The one to me broke.
Speaker 7: I felt I was about to walk into a show, Joe Chrissy's One Woman Show, which was great, but like I was in the restroom before this and I'm looking in the toilet bowl and I see the water sashat like it was insane, and I was like, WHOA did I get dosed with something? Like it was very druggy, And then it went on for a very long time.
Speaker 2: That was this last earthquake? Or yeah yeah, wow, no, no, no, the last oh ok.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah right right yeah that's crazy. So wait, you didn't know, until you saw the water, like you didn't feel it.
Speaker 7: I think you have a constant mild state of vertigo. I mean, my car is such a piece of shit. I'm vibrating for most of the day, you know, then nervousness and then kicking cigarettes is tough and like, so it's just a constant.
Speaker 5: I'm a constant three point four. I'm three point four, just just to.
Speaker 3: Set three point four at all times. I was in Hawaii for this seven point one and I was stoked about it. I love it because I didn't I wasn't here for the big one in ninety four. I moved down like two months later. Oh okay, so yeah, I have also missed the classics as christis.
Speaker 5: Oh that was yeah. That was the gone with the wind over.
Speaker 1: That was the sweeping epic.
Speaker 5: Stopped baseball for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, God, that was crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't worry about earthquake because it's just why, why, there's nothing. I'm not too scared of things that we can do nothing.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, there's literally nothing more beyond your him. Yeah, it's earthquakes.
Speaker 2: It's it's I don't know why, But as I get older, it's like, well, that doesn't scare me, then there's nothing I can do.
Speaker 1: My friend Sam just told me that in that last one. We were actually just talking about that earthquake.
Speaker 2: Last night, champancake.
Speaker 3: No, it's so my friend Sam Mowen, who's hilarious, and he said that they he was when that earthquake hit.
Speaker 1: There was a little the one that was kind of in the middle of the night.
Speaker 2: Is that right?
Speaker 5: Or which one? The second one?
Speaker 7: Second, well, that was a weird one because they were like three in like yeah, yeah, aya, that were pretty big.
Speaker 1: Yeah whatever.
Speaker 3: The first one was he went and his he wanted to go outside, and his boyfriend was standing in the front doorway and wouldn't let him go outside.
Speaker 1: Kept going go back in and get in that doorway and he's like, no, no, I'm going to do the outside option, and his wife wouldn't let him get outside, and then they.
Speaker 3: Had he goes and then we were kind of in a fight after because I was like, yeah, I needed.
Speaker 1: To run outside and you wouldn't let me.
Speaker 3: Like that must be so crazy, Like he's just everyone's trying to make do the safest option and like do what they need to do to stay alive in this bizarre it's.
Speaker 5: Things like I heard the doorway thing is bullshit.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, I've heard put on a helmet and get in the bathtub. Everyone has a different thing. Yeah that's tornado. Sorry, but it wouldn't be ironic to like.
Speaker 5: It'd be in a way. The helmet's a good idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I'm just around the house. I never know when tragedy is going.
Speaker 1: To strike you, right, a constant helmet you die.
Speaker 4: Well, getting in an argument about safety. I think that's irony. That or it's at least the Atlantis Marsett kind coincidence.
Speaker 1: Oh music people, way to wear all black and then across the streets?
Speaker 5: Yeah with style, Way to die with style, literally walking across the street like a Cosby can level of speed from the cartoons for younger listeners.
Speaker 2: Oh right, do you mean the side profile from uh the like mush Mouth and yeah yeah fed Albert. Yeah. But what was the thing where Cosby would draw and it was like picture page, picture pages.
Speaker 1: Picture pages, picture pages.
Speaker 2: With the picture pages Bill Cosby does another picture page with you.
Speaker 5: I remember thinking that pen was real. That made that sound so bad because remember he would draw on it would go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we ordered picture pages one summer and we were way too old.
Speaker 1: I think we were like in fifth grade. You ordered it, Yeah, you could like order are the actual pages to do it along with him?
Speaker 2: Cool kind of like sweet pickles.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then but so we're like, let's get picture pageons to do it, and our Katie's moments just like no, no, you're too old to do like stop it, go do something worthwhile because we're like we're just gonna stay indoors knock like babies.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, she did not summer. She didn't like the future of interactive television.
Speaker 3: It's like, you know your letters and numbers already, just fucking go outside.
Speaker 2: Go outside. Here's some rocks, go throw them.
Speaker 5: At something at museum.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, exactly. It turns out I got a feeling.
Speaker 1: What a turn, what a fall from great? I mean, and and like I love that thing that Eddie Murphy talks about him at Sarah. Yeah, it's so true. Bill Cosby was up his ass acting like you know.
Speaker 5: Oh he was the king of like respectability politics and all that. Yeah, yeah, yeah it was.
Speaker 3: He was on prior Yeah yeah, pull your pants up generation where it's that's drugging women fucking left right and Center.
Speaker 5: I was voted like the most trusted man in America on the cover of Time.
Speaker 2: Really Oh yeah, oh wow.
Speaker 5: Because I grew up with that eye.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we love that show.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I love that show.
Speaker 1: That's how I learned that there were black colleges. I never knew that. I never knew those existence.
Speaker 5: And then a different world came along there.
Speaker 1: Then I knew what it was like to go to one.
Speaker 2: And then I knew their flip up sunglasses existed. Yeah, they how wanny nice, seemingly kind people. Do we know with pure darkness and side?
Speaker 5: We'll find out not in this car.
Speaker 2: This is a safe place, right.
Speaker 5: Oh I'm not a freak comra.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 3: I wear my darkness on my sleep at the Chatterbox every Friday.
Speaker 1: And we's Kobina.
Speaker 5: Now give me a deal on a car.
Speaker 2: Oh, I didn't know this street was so steep.
Speaker 1: Oh look at it. Street comes alive at night.
Speaker 2: This is where I wanted to live when I was wanting to leave the beat. There's like where I want. Oh yeah, yeah, it's a perfect used to The dogs used to buy you.
Speaker 5: Now the dogs love me and I must love dogs.
Speaker 1: I say yes, yes, roller skates, I say Great Dane and some roller skates. That's the James Fritz way.
Speaker 2: That's I first bonded with James Fritz when I recognize we have a dual snort ability.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we just laughing yours fate too, right.
Speaker 2: Oh god, Yeah, it's just I'm trying to be adorable, just trying.
Speaker 5: To get laid out here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and nothing gets turns on the floodgates like a snort.
Speaker 5: Just trying to blend in at comedy shows.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I really wish. I've even got a surgery to undo it. Am among other things, just accept the thing pretty vain. And then the doctor did say it could come back, and I'm like, well, that's what a painful surgery with a long recovery to what ended up being the installation of a higher powered snort unit.
Speaker 2: Now I snort with a vengeance on that year, that year of no snorting. I'm paying for it now with interest.
Speaker 1: It like saved up inside of you.
Speaker 5: I agree.
Speaker 1: Really, they're like, oh, we're gonna come out.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, you worry. The snort is so strong in this one. But James James has a pretty good one too.
Speaker 5: You'll want a competition You'll get there one day, kid, You'll get there one day.
Speaker 3: What if it turned out show business is a snorting competition and you just weren't focusing on.
Speaker 1: The right thing. Yeah, one told you directly you were winning.
Speaker 2: Actually, I'm open.
Speaker 5: We want you to keep the fifty pounds and snort.
Speaker 1: Snort more? Could you?
Speaker 3: I've done it a couple of times, and it's the most for me. It's the most embarrassing when I'm laughing at my own joke and then I saw all right, oh yeah.
Speaker 2: When you're kind of like yeah, yeah, so I want to yourself, you.
Speaker 5: Feel like one of those assholes that always laugh at all.
Speaker 3: Their yeah, their own jokes, bad comic, Yeah yeah, and no one wants to feel it's not.
Speaker 7: The likes, but sometimes you do, like laugh at your own stuff, and I'm always like kind of mad at myself.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Did you guys ever go to that bar when it was called Stinkers and they had what it was called Stinkers and it was kind of roots six six This is a road.
Speaker 5: Themepisode of our gang Stinkers.
Speaker 4: And when someone would tip, they'd pull a drawstring and these taxidermy skunk butts, what the tails would lift up and a horn would sound and steam would shoot out.
Speaker 2: Of the bus. It was the most it's amazing thing.
Speaker 1: You are my life before absolutely where did God?
Speaker 4: And now it's just another curly mustache, suspender bar, tender place.
Speaker 1: But they still have farting.
Speaker 2: I'm not kidding.
Speaker 5: It's the speaker.
Speaker 2: It is amazing.
Speaker 5: They just I.
Speaker 2: Don't think they're real skunk butts, but they would look like.
Speaker 5: They haven't shift down.
Speaker 2: The tails would lift, and I'm not kidding, an alarm would sound, I'm not making that up, and smoke a.
Speaker 8: Cloud of every tip, every butt, oh every tip, yeah, I don't know, tip of the it's like twenty dollars a rule.
Speaker 5: God, yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Mean, what how rich did that person's parents have to be to get them among that cocon Because I think I'm funny because I'm on drugs, and my friends think I'm funny because I have drugs, and now I'm going to open a.
Speaker 1: Bar based on the idea I just said, yeah, and I yeah, it.
Speaker 2: Was a coke bar.
Speaker 4: It was a pop up coke bar, and it wasn't there long, but it was beautiful. I had like large format printed uh you know, old motels and stuff and road signs.
Speaker 6: I pulled up pictures.
Speaker 2: It's totally real. See, everyone doubts me, Everyone doubts me.
Speaker 3: You describing the theme bar Stinkers is the most bullshit you've ever sounded.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, what is it about me that isn't trustworthy? I could be in court defending someone and they'd go guilty, and the guys in the gas chamber and they're like the bots, no fart, stinker, too late.
Speaker 2: You got to get a note from the governor.
Speaker 3: I would love, Stephen, if you could pull the city files on.
Speaker 1: How long that bar wasn't busy? Yeah right, and we can all make a friendly friendly wagers. I would say three.
Speaker 4: Months, Yeah, yeah, sinker you Steven.
Speaker 3: And then the day that they got served the foreclosure notice, they were like that's a real stinker and they pulled the poor but in the sad.
Speaker 5: Way ultimately off.
Speaker 2: I guess this one last time.
Speaker 5: Weren't half mass yeah, half ass at half ass.
Speaker 1: Thank you ladies and gentlemen. This is do you need to run?
Speaker 2: This has been James Princes opened my.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'll been to that bar stinkers?
Speaker 2: Yeah skunk? But am I right? Am I right?
Speaker 5: I guess I'm a skunk but.
Speaker 2: Tough crowd.
Speaker 6: I believe this bar was only open for a little over a year. Oh that's what I would have got twenty ten.
Speaker 3: And I sare every night four times longer than I could have ever imagined to be.
Speaker 5: Like, this is the kind of place I'm going to meet my wife every night.
Speaker 2: I hope this peppy pew costume works.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, oh stinkers, what a horrible name for a bull. I know, I know it's stupid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I swear, though I kind of enjoyed it.
Speaker 5: I like restaurant up here I worked at for a while making bits.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, bits. I remember that place.
Speaker 7: When you think of food, what you want to think, it's a jarful of choice, the help spitting in it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I went to Spitz once.
Speaker 3: And I didn't like the fact that they throw handfuls of green, chopped up shit on everything they make, Like every dish they it's like two handfuls of what is that parsley?
Speaker 2: Yeah it's yeah, where it's like, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: Just give the food.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 7: It's kind of like a taco bell where it's like all the items are the same items, just configured in different ways, right, right, it's just not.
Speaker 2: Coming out of a cocking gun.
Speaker 1: But it is good.
Speaker 7: I mean I don't want to well, but I just don't trash and you shouldn't eat there, Okay, I don't need two cups of parsonally in any situation ever.
Speaker 4: Did you work with or the comic that does a lot of CrossFit and stuff now and I forget it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I worked with her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's how I went in there and.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and she would run a showcase.
Speaker 2: I did the show and it's all coming back to me. What else should I remember?
Speaker 5: You're not gonna top stinkers?
Speaker 1: That's your best memory of life?
Speaker 2: What if I died right now?
Speaker 1: You could die a happy man.
Speaker 3: I want to bar Like everything about that was so bullshit and it's totally real.
Speaker 2: Z oh god, yeah, just stinkers. And then a Z that was crooked, I know, aways like kind of shaking.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And then there's a little tiny skateboarding skunk on this that's right.
Speaker 5: Man, Oh that's a little stinker the mascot.
Speaker 2: He's out skating and stinking.
Speaker 5: And skanking.
Speaker 1: He likes go. It's a ska bar. It's like a skunk ska bar. Have you been there?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you guys want to go to that new skunk star bar.
Speaker 1: It's the music sucks and it stinks. So do you want to meet there? At like nine?
Speaker 2: There's got to be a waiting list.
Speaker 1: But it's so funny, it's so it's so unenjoyable, we have to go.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 5: I went to some friends of mine who enjoy comedy and are very funny people. One of them had a they're very funny.
Speaker 7: I'm just a little They took one of them most having a birthday and wanted to go to the Austin Powers theme pop up bar in Glendale really behaved.
Speaker 5: How was the Bleaks?
Speaker 7: I don't know if it was like nearing the end of its run, but like there was like, you know, stains on the carpet.
Speaker 5: Oh no, it was very.
Speaker 7: It was very half asked for auction at this and the drinks were like seventeen dollars for like, ah, do I make you thirsty or whatever?
Speaker 3: You know, like that.
Speaker 1: That's a good name for a drink.
Speaker 5: I missed my college. That's so.
Speaker 1: Was it just for tourists? Like?
Speaker 3: What was Why would they do a pop up bar of a movie that's from fifteen years old?
Speaker 5: Would I do it for like anything I saw.
Speaker 7: I got one like a du La email a while ago that's still stuck in my craw that was like there's and again it was Glenda and they were like it was a money themed pop up bar, and I'm like.
Speaker 5: That's a bar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's all bars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, tip themed.
Speaker 5: It just sent up money themed bar.
Speaker 1: Do you like money? Do you like getting sucked up?
Speaker 2: That is guys doing coke through a dollar bill?
Speaker 5: And I said, what do we do?
Speaker 2: What do we do this money? I inherited, what do people like? Okay, get a pen and paper, we'll figure this out tonight.
Speaker 1: Been done. Yeah, that was crazy reflex.
Speaker 2: That was scary.
Speaker 1: I'm ready for absolute mayhem it all.
Speaker 4: Yeah what Yeah, you got to get one of those self driving cars because you could do that while napping.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna but if I get a Tesla, I'm not gonna let anybody ride in it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that'll make the podcast hard.
Speaker 4: Time to fire up the eight Honda with lots of noise inside.
Speaker 2: I will drive whenever by the way, Uh no, no, I like it. I like it.
Speaker 3: And actually, you know, the Tesla's have you can have karaoke like there's on that screen they have you can have karaoke while you drive.
Speaker 4: I did karaoke the other night, and I have not had that much fun I have. I haven't done it for years, and I just stumbled upon a karaoke night and had so much fun.
Speaker 1: Would you sing?
Speaker 2: I sang Killing Moon, I say eyes without a face. I sang I just called this say I Love you in the bar where I was in No, No, I do it, I do it. Well, that's one of my classes. I want to contest in Montana doing that.
Speaker 1: Doing that song.
Speaker 5: He's just and he's saying words. He won Montana.
Speaker 2: And then there's a song the Promise by I'm sorry, but I just think you.
Speaker 1: Know to be well Simpson was really good.
Speaker 5: It's beautiful, so good. Yeah, it's unreal.
Speaker 1: It's amazing. That song was popular when I was a senior in high school.
Speaker 5: I want this is a country.
Speaker 4: I thought I didn't know his music, but of course I've heard that recently. Someone sent me a bunch of stuff and I am not country and for music or Western fan.
Speaker 2: And uh, it's great, it is it is really. I think he's great. I think he's great.
Speaker 3: I like the whole Sands family. Yeah, Sogel Simpson's rad he's old school. He's old school music. James, you're a huge music fan.
Speaker 1: You have great taste, thank you.
Speaker 5: That means a lot because you're a great musician. Also great taste.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 5: The one crying and you're good at snorting.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, don't don't lose, you can snort. So what is your what music are you into right now? Because I what was the Ezra? Like I got there?
Speaker 3: I've gotten a couple of recommendations from you that have been like gone straight into.
Speaker 2: The better than Ezra.
Speaker 1: Do you guys like my comedy? I don't know, as you should listen to it.
Speaker 5: I think he started in Chicago.
Speaker 7: I saw him open for some band at the Hideout, which is like my favorite venue and.
Speaker 1: That it's amazing and I love him and like we're kind of friends.
Speaker 5: It's kind of weird, Yeah, but I saw him in Chicago. He was opening for some band.
Speaker 7: I don't even remember the band because he just came out solo and blew me away and that was just a solo. And then I saw him with his band, who's what is the band? Incredible?
Speaker 5: He played with a band called the Harpoons for a while. And then he played with the Boyfriends coming out here again soon you should come.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I will for sure. It's real hooky. It's just good, like just good music.
Speaker 5: And a brilliant songwriter, like he's a very good songwriter.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: But we've kind of we became friends when I had tak Nataro's Twitter account for an how interesting yeah, and I was like, I'm just gonna blow up some people that I think deserve more fans.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And then Ezra wrote back like that's so sweet till I had to be like, Okay.
Speaker 1: This is not run by her.
Speaker 7: And then I was doing some shows in San Francisco and he stopped by and we went out drinking after her and solid human being.
Speaker 1: That's great.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and finally blowing up a little like way overdue.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you liked him first, But who's your new? Who's your new?
Speaker 5: The point of the story is on cool.
Speaker 1: James has the taste. He's the star Cider seen as a star when he sees the star.
Speaker 5: I discovered Bruce Springsteen just yesterday. I just got into it.
Speaker 1: Who's now?
Speaker 5: Who's so now?
Speaker 7: I don't know, I what have I been listening to a lot? I kind of down so I've been putting that War War on Drugs record, which is rough for driving around l a too. It's like, okay, I got that out of my system. Back to political podcast about the end of the world something.
Speaker 2: What's the last live show either of you have gone to.
Speaker 1: Live music?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think mine was Lizzo. That Lizzo show, Oh yeah, was at the Pladium.
Speaker 5: It was great.
Speaker 1: It was fun as hell. Did she do her tons tons.
Speaker 3: Which was actually kind of the great you know that recently Gillian Michaels came out and was like, Lizzo isn't a good She's you know, unhealthy and diabetes and all the shit.
Speaker 5: Oh I saw that shit.
Speaker 3: It was super lame and very uneducated and very like but you were from The Biggest Loser, Like you're from one of the unhealthiest reality shows of all time.
Speaker 5: Right, And then someone got a couple of deaths on there, I think they have.
Speaker 3: And also the co host of The Biggest Loser, who was mister Fitness, had.
Speaker 1: A fucking heart attack last year.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, Like whatever, But that aside, someone wrote this thing that was like, here's what Lizzo does during her live shows, and there's like three straight hours of her singing, dancing and playing the flute, Like if she's so unhealthy, then maybe all be so unhealthy, right right?
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: It was just super cool that that kind of like yeah, anyway.
Speaker 5: It's all right. It's like, you know, people have one type of body. I mean from my experience. I grew up in the valley, you know. It's like, yeah, I can't even remember the last show I saw.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I asked that.
Speaker 5: Who Destroyer?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that guy, that deer Hunter guy. Or no, that guy's from Broken Social Scene right, no, Destroyer, No, are you sure?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's Dan DeHart. It's basically one dude.
Speaker 1: He was in.
Speaker 5: He was in the New Pornographers too.
Speaker 2: Oh that's what I meant, ye New Pornographers the other Canadian le rough.
Speaker 5: I need to get out to more shows.
Speaker 3: I love that dying slowly, he said, becoming fused with his chair. And that's me, I should have said she but I always I am so happy I did it. After the fact and leading up to like day of is pure torture.
Speaker 5: It's like I have to to watch a performance of something that isn't your thing. Yes, it's great and it helps your thing, you know.
Speaker 7: I always feel like it helps me with comedy after I've gone and seen a great show.
Speaker 3: Definitely, it actually helps me to watch other people do comedy. But then I just get super paranoid that I'm going to forget this the premises that they came up with, and then suddenly be like.
Speaker 1: Ooh, I have a great dry cleaning idea. Yeah, yeah, dummy, because you just watch someone else do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if I go see a music show, it's not gonna be like, oh, that's my guitar rik because I don't play anything but trombone in eighth grade.
Speaker 1: Yes, once again, you.
Speaker 5: Always go back to an eighth grade we find in eighth grade and play it with.
Speaker 2: That's when I cashed it in. I like that.
Speaker 1: You'd be standing at concerts being like, wait, is this mine?
Speaker 3: I didn't.
Speaker 2: I don't write later on when you're humming trying to think of songs. I just thought of that. I promise I did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's go to more show, more show, Let's really try.
Speaker 5: Oh I saw that you would love this person. Have you ever heard of beduine no e E d o.
Speaker 1: U I n e like from Dune.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: A planet, and I think it's a planet. In Star Wars.
Speaker 1: That's tattooin. Sorry, sorry, but in your fucking face.
Speaker 6: I don't even care.
Speaker 5: About Star Wars. She got she has your snort?
Speaker 1: Now, wait, is that my snort? I'm doing my sort mine.
Speaker 2: It's gone. It's simply a sniffle.
Speaker 5: Oh god, I've lost my power.
Speaker 1: I can't get it back.
Speaker 5: Simply sniffles.
Speaker 1: Who's Beden?
Speaker 7: She is very old school, kind of folky, an insanely beautiful voice, also catchy. She was born in Aleppo, Syria, to Armenian parents. Moved to America and when I just have this memorized, moved to America when her family won a green card lottery.
Speaker 5: They settled in Boston and Houston. Then now she's out here.
Speaker 3: And imagine living in Syria and being like, hope that green card lottery?
Speaker 5: Fuck?
Speaker 2: Can you imagine?
Speaker 7: I'm just glad Trump's keeping people like this out now. Anyway, she performed at this Innthia for the city. Who's running for city council?
Speaker 5: Is great?
Speaker 7: If Yeah, she did a benefit show in Highland Park for her and man just froze me when.
Speaker 5: I saw her perform, and like I just started tearing.
Speaker 7: I was like, she's got like go to Spotify put her in and listened to like her first two most popular songs, the name uh b.
Speaker 5: E d O U I N E m h.
Speaker 7: Yeah, like a genuine talent nice like oh, it's just her a guitar, and you're like, oh, this is great and catchy, like and it's a good hook.
Speaker 5: You know, it's not just boring folk music.
Speaker 1: I love folk music.
Speaker 5: I love me too. I love it when it's when it's good, I love it well because.
Speaker 3: Also it's very hard because when you're not that good, it really fucking shows because you're either like super mediocre or you're like you have to basically be Patty Griffin level because it's just you and your guitar, your voice, Like you.
Speaker 5: Have to I don't know, to make it look simple.
Speaker 7: You have to be very good, yes, because well, yeah, nothing's covering up anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's no bells and whistles like drums and guitars.
Speaker 3: Nope, no one can help you. And like, so the song has to be good, you have to have a great voice, and then you have to do it well. It's like that's too many things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's too much.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'd rather be bad doing nothing alone.
Speaker 1: I want to do it poorly in my home with no one listening if we could.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, I think you would really like her stuff. Actually meant to recommend it to you.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll listen to that.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna I'm gonna listen to it. Can I listen to it?
Speaker 5: No, it's it's for uh, it's only for m paths.
Speaker 1: And sensitivos.
Speaker 5: WHOA what is that?
Speaker 1: It's like if you you're an EmPATH but you also snort really loud when you laugh.
Speaker 5: Through your No, that's that's me. Wow. I never thought I would go on such a journey of self discovery tonight.
Speaker 1: That's what this fucking show is all about. Am I right? Chris?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, there's only five minutes left. Get it out of your system.
Speaker 5: Get that self discovery out of what?
Speaker 1: What else are you discovering?
Speaker 5: I ate I've been eating too much pizza lately. You're a gread man.
Speaker 3: There's something carbs lately are I feel like more satisfying than they've ever been in human has been.
Speaker 2: A real monster lately. Yeah, it's because I went to visit friends.
Speaker 4: They were in town for some conference in Long Beach, and they all ordered a pizza and I've been trying to not eat meat and all these things, and they just got the biggest meat lover pep dish monster frisbee.
Speaker 2: And then the next day there was long beach.
Speaker 5: It's served on a frisbee.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, a dog delivered an athletic golden retriever slaver.
Speaker 2: Were we were across from a dog park, a dog beach.
Speaker 1: I mean it's it was Rosie doggie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, love it.
Speaker 1: My dogs love that place.
Speaker 4: So they were staying right there, and then they ordered these giant pizzas. And then the next day they had a flight and they're like, well, here take all our food, and it was just a big bin of butter and and then these leftover pizzas and they're just in my refrigerator.
Speaker 2: So of course I ate it all in twenty four hours.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, well you don't want it to go bad exactly. Got away food is the crime.
Speaker 2: I'd rather I go bad on the inside.
Speaker 5: Put it in the trash can.
Speaker 2: That's what I did. And I really can tell that I've been eating.
Speaker 7: Shitty energy so bad and just blaming it on like my family. I'm having family problem. I tell you to kill yourself.
Speaker 3: It works when you have like that kind of that kind of nerve rattling, nerve jangling, like onslaught emotional bullshit.
Speaker 1: It's like two bagels solves it. It fucking solves it.
Speaker 7: It was sorry, unrelenting bleakness. Yeah, and like with in a bleak place like if this was if this was.
Speaker 5: Not happening in like a dead town nowhere, like it might feel a little better. And it was cold too, it was cold too.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, just everything yeah.
Speaker 3: Sad, I mean, and there's not that much going on, so it's like, yeah, all of a sudden, Applebee's looks like the fucking.
Speaker 5: Oh I got hammered at Applebee's one night, right, and it was so fun.
Speaker 1: Their pretzel sticks are just like the highest quality just it's cuisine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, eating good in the neighborhood.
Speaker 1: That's right. Stop acting like you're above Applebee's because you're not.
Speaker 2: No one is, even though you live right above Apple Bears.
Speaker 1: If you're experienced human life in any way, you need Apple Bears.
Speaker 7: I'm so hungry that Legit sounded so good right now. Like if I just lived above just the Aroma.
Speaker 5: Help me, I could just walk down.
Speaker 1: I could have caeso in my hand.
Speaker 4: When I moved to Austin and I lived above a faux like a noodle restaurant, So it was just constantly the steam of hot soups rising through the floorboards into my nose and into my brain like the beckoning of a tasty, tasty treat.
Speaker 3: And I.
Speaker 2: Used to go I had no money, and I would say, do you have any leftover? And they would give me. They started knocking on my were and giving me noodles because all I had was a hot pad or a hot you know, a surface. There's no kitchen, it was a room.
Speaker 1: It was the window.
Speaker 2: It was just just yeah, like a pie that Yogi bear would float towards and yeah, I oh got it. It was. It's it's not fun living above a restaurant. The noise and the smells. Oh yeah, oh yeah, this's got dark. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Do you think it'd be fun to live above a bar?
Speaker 5: I lived above my favorite bar in Chicago?
Speaker 1: Oh shit, how did it go?
Speaker 7: It was fun, but I'm glad it had an ending, yes, because it's too easy. And it literally was like my favorite, Like it was the bar I first found when I first moved there that like felt kind of like oh this is my cheers.
Speaker 5: I met the owners. They're great.
Speaker 2: Did you make you drink all the time? Though?
Speaker 5: They made me?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I get wanna overserved you. My friend Ryans come on, I'm you're done for My friend Ryan in Boston, he lived above a but the entrant he had to walk through the bar to get into his place.
Speaker 4: Oh, so he was like, come home and there was the hazard of someone handing him a shot or something that I'm just trying to go home and get some work done.
Speaker 5: That's like a fever dream from like an alcoholic movie from the Four Days. Yeah. Yeah, yeah, anything he's walking through is the bar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like come on, come like, okay, wise guy, huh, I'm just going home.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I lived above my favorite bar and across the street from my favorite all night diner.
Speaker 1: Woh shit.
Speaker 2: It was heaven for a year, the best.
Speaker 5: Yeah. And I was young enough where like you know, you were invincible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's well, we used to when I lived in San Francisco, we lived in the Upper Haight, and so we lived on Clayton and Waller, So we basically lived two blocks two blocks and then a quick right turn away from our favorite bar and my big thing was I wanted to one night tire rowe from our front door to the bar.
Speaker 1: So I could get as drunk as I wanted and get home like that. I was like, what if I just did, this would be okay, like a zip line. Yeah, that basically kind of like this is how.
Speaker 7: I'm I was thinking more like a bread crumb trail, Like you just grabbed the rope, all right, right.
Speaker 3: Right, No, that's a good way if you're lost in the forest, right, but you're lost in your own alcoholism, you.
Speaker 1: Can just grab this velvet gar.
Speaker 5: The're so good.
Speaker 1: They're amazing. They're amazing.
Speaker 5: They're like out of a movie, every single one of them, or at least they were.
Speaker 1: But do you want to hear My favorite memory maybe of life, was when The Simpsons.
Speaker 5: If you say skunk bar.
Speaker 1: Ill know you're stealing Chris's idea.
Speaker 3: When The Simpsons began, there was a bar in Noe Valley that played it every I believe it was aired on Sunday nights, and so Sunday nights you would go to this bar at seven fifty nine and they would turn on The Simpsons and it would be packed, and then everyone would go quiet, and then watch the Simpsons laugh.
Speaker 1: No one said a word, and then.
Speaker 3: When it would go to commercial, everyone would start talking. And every Sunday that's how we went and watched the so long and it was like I could feel it where I'm like, this is a thing, this is like a cultural thing, and we're here for it.
Speaker 1: Like it was so exciting.
Speaker 2: It has to be in town a mose tavern themed shitty bar, right, is there one?
Speaker 1: There's one at Universal City Walk?
Speaker 2: Oh really, yeah, but that's still yeah. Do they even have alcohol at it?
Speaker 3: I think they do, actually yeah, but it's you know, there's big, like actual fiberglass Simpson characters.
Speaker 4: Okay, because it's universal, it's universal the love of that show.
Speaker 1: It's universal. How much human beings need city walks. It's just what we need.
Speaker 5: It's up there with.
Speaker 1: That. Is that a Jane's addiction? It's like Perry Farrell from Italy falling off.
Speaker 2: The Willhelmi Italian.
Speaker 1: All Right, I guess we're wrapping it down. Yeah, wow, we've done our work.
Speaker 2: Sorry. I hope you're I hope your year is better now, James, I know you're fine.
Speaker 7: I'm a straight white man. No one wants to hear me complain. But if you'd like to hear me complain, come to every second Sunday of the month. I'll do a free show with Alan Strickland Williams from TV not Me at Bigfoot Lodge. Yes, pm, every second Sunday.
Speaker 4: If you're in Los Angeles, please go see James Fritz do stand up.
Speaker 2: He's very good at it.
Speaker 1: He is very fun exalted. Oh, he's adored, beloved and good at it.
Speaker 3: Also, I'm sorry I can't remember the name of it offhand, because you have one of the best album cover photos of all time.
Speaker 1: Oh what's the name of your album?
Speaker 5: Thank you? It's called Still Together and.
Speaker 1: It's James with James and then standing next to James is so funny, optimistic me and yeah, it's so good.
Speaker 5: Still to im glad you're and crack it open and listen to the material. But the cover's really nice.
Speaker 1: This cover is Look, this is sales.
Speaker 5: We're in a bi Yeah, you can hear it for free. I'll make a penny. But if you buy it, you get the cover at home. Yes, you can frame it.
Speaker 4: And just for for keepsake purposes, do not take off the cellophane please gut that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a joke about Also a shout out to Kim.
Speaker 5: New Money, who took the phone as of that. She's such a good picture genius.
Speaker 1: Congratulations Kim, Thank you Kim. Kim, You're the best part of James's album.
Speaker 2: I am like you.
Speaker 5: Hey, I was just trying to look good, sorry, and it looked like a nice person.
Speaker 7: I was looking at Mike's tonight to like for you all to baby drive me to and one of them was at a new Mommy Burger.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, something lalas la prossena something.
Speaker 5: Some law. I never go to one of the laws.
Speaker 1: I don't blamer laws that there is.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 7: I'm also headlining the Chatterbox in West Coviina, February sixth.
Speaker 1: Are you real?
Speaker 3: Yeah? That's great, run by Steve Hernandez. Please contact Steve Hernandez if you'd like to do a set.
Speaker 2: On James and if you're in the area and want to get a super route nearby super dealership, I'll give you a hell of a deal If you mentioned code.
Speaker 4: Words chatterbox, No Steve at the Chatterbox, it's chatterbox dot com forward slash super route.
Speaker 2: So should we wrap it up?
Speaker 1: Then we're doing let's wrap it down.
Speaker 2: Let's wrap it down, let's package it, let's mass produce it.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Oh no, James, it was great to see you.
Speaker 5: It's my pleasure. I grate to see you and talk to you too.
Speaker 2: Very fun.
Speaker 5: Cheered me up, you checked me right out.
Speaker 1: This was a good one.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: That's the best thing is you have to get back with people when you come home from that fucking tragic shit.
Speaker 1: You have to dive right back into people.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you don't just take it out on your girlfriend.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't. I mean, you live your life, you know, we're very strong.
Speaker 2: Dive into your friends like a loving mosh pit. You've been listening to Do you need a ride?
Speaker 5: Emotional cannonball yn I Are.
Speaker 2: This has been an exactly Right production.
Speaker 1: Produced by Casey O'Brien, mixed by Ryo Boum.
Speaker 2: Theme song by Karen Kilgareth.
Speaker 1: Arn't work by Chris Fairbanks.
Speaker 4: Follow the show on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook at dinar podcast That's d y n Ar Podcast.
Speaker 1: For more information, go to exactly Rightmedia dot com.
Speaker 4: Listen, subscribe, leave us a review on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 5: Thank you and you're welcome.
Speaker 2: L