Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Prize Picks. The hard hitting football action is even better with Prize Picks. The weather might be changing, but the feeling of being right never gets old. So keep the season rolling with Prize Picks by getting fifty dollars instantly in lineups when you play your first five dollars. We are in the pick of football season and some of y'all might be feeling down, but don't worry. That's why we have Prize Picks to keep you going for the rest of the season. We gave a football with something special. Drake may is gonna be special, and Saquan went crazy against his old team more and more and more, and for all you basketball fans, welcome to the fund on Prize Picks. Prize Picks is simple to play. Just picked more or less on at least two player stats. If you get your picks right, you could cash in Prize pick offer injury reboots. If your player leaves the game in the first half and doesn't return, Prize Picks won't count it other loss. Feel sorry for our guys scattaboo out there. Download the prize pick after today. Use Coach Shannon to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollar lineup. That's cod Shannon to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollar lineup prize picks. It's good to be right. Let me break it down for y'all traditional Hello, ladies and gentlemen, Thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. As you watch the Kansas City Chiefs open the second half with three straight drives and score and pull away from the Washington Commanders by.
Speaker 2: The score of twenty eight to seven.
Speaker 1: Patrick Mahons tosses three touchdown passes in the second half as they win this game comfortably twenty eight to seven. Y'all know who I am. I'm your favorite unk and this is my partner in co hosts. He's Liberty City's own Bengals Ring of Fame honoree, a former pro bowler and All Pro He's Chad Ochosenko Johnson. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit the light button. Do us ever go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. We would personally like to thank each and every one of you for your support for your eyes ears and your word of mouth. Because thanks to you, Nightcap has become what has become, and because of you will continue to grow at an exponential rate.
Speaker 2: So thank you very much.
Speaker 1: If we can't thank you enough, please go check out my shade by Laportier on laportierkanyak dot com. If you cannot find Shade by Laportier in a state or a sitty near you, order it online. We'll ship it directly to your door. Is a premium veslp Kangjak, the best premium veslp Kangyak on the market. Try it, Compare it for yourself and you'll know what we know. It is the best premium vessel P Cognac on the market. Please drank responsible and be safe. Please go check out my media company on all of its platforms, shay Shape Media and my clothing company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out. That link is pinned into the chat. We've got a special guest joining us later this afternoon or later tonight. Ram Safety Cam Curl will be joining us a bit later.
Speaker 2: But the Chiefs use a.
Speaker 1: Dominant second half to pull away from the Commanders by the score of twenty eight to seven. Patrick Mahomes tosses three touchdown passes in the second half, as you can see the numbers right there, and they win comfortably twenty eight to seven. You know, watching this game on you, I just thought the commander of squad the two mani opportunities in the first half, they had an opportunity and the ball hits Deboy in the face and Mike Dana intercepts it and they come up short on a fourth down where he tosses out of bounds. But I thought they had some really good opportunities in the first half to really apply some pressure. They were doing a great job of getting the ball lot quick. I thought Marcus Mariota did a great job, you know, and Cliff Kingsburg did a great job of putting them in situations where they could get the ball lot quick. A lot of misdirections, use Marioda's legs.
Speaker 2: A little bit.
Speaker 1: But when you'd have when you're on the road and you don't take advantage of opportunities when they're presented for you, When a team gets their rhythm, especially at their home, they're probably gonna pull away for you from you. And you know, you saw are very uncharacteristic. Some turnovers. Uh, if you notice that rap was a terrible route by Hollywood Brown. Oh Jo, how you in the slot, you already got leverage on him. How you take two steps and stop start looking back for the ball?
Speaker 2: You know you?
Speaker 1: Hey, even my Hall went to the sideline and row and you notice he disappeared after that, didn't?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, absolutely, Listen.
Speaker 4: It all comes down to being sharp, being sharp and precise. Regardless of what route you're running, you always have to be stay friendly to your quarterback and understand you know how to not only get open, but continue to create separation to be able to catch any and everything. You know, for for Hollywood as long as he been playing the game of football, you know better than that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can't run the right. You got to put pressure on the DP. You got to make him think.
Speaker 1: You're going deep, so he's gonna want to get on top of you if you start backing. Oh ya, if you take three steps and you looking for the ball. You don't run no goat route like that? Who runs a go route like that?
Speaker 3: You're not fooling nobody. You're not gonna fool nobody.
Speaker 2: Like that at all.
Speaker 1: And you know, I'm sure that was a situation and then he hits Trail in the head with the balls and it pops up in there and be waged end up picking that off. But I thought once he got it going, guys made play for him. He did a great job of using his legs, sometimes to run his way out of harm's way and sometimes to buy time. You see him hit Rashid Rice on a couple of plays like that he found for a touchdown, the running back for a touchdown. You see him a travel. He hit Travel a couple of times after using his legs to buy times. But I thought overall, once they got it going in the second half, they had drives of what ninety plus yards, eighty yards, seventy yards, and it really broke the ball game open because for the first half O Joe, I thought that the Commanders defense did a great job on him.
Speaker 3: Listen, they did a phenomenal job on him.
Speaker 4: This and whether they plays on the whether they played man, they added pressure, and they played a really good game. The one thing I don't like about the first half for the Commanders and the Chiefs. One of the few teams that when they when they turned the ball over commanded after the capitalize you got to make them pay.
Speaker 3: You got them, you got to make them pay because at whatever.
Speaker 4: Point the Chiefs catch that momentum and find that rhythm, you want to stretch that lead as far as possible to make the game a little easier, make it a little more difficult for them to almost into a point a sins on. You got to make them, damn there one dimensional where they don't have to throw to get themself back in the game. But the game was too close once they caught fire, and then my home started processing that information a little faster, or y'all plays on, Well, hell.
Speaker 3: I'm finna be surgical.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll find every hole because every time there's a defensive play.
Speaker 3: Called, there's always a whole in my home.
Speaker 4: Knew exactly where to go with the ball every goddamn time those players were the defense actually called the right play. Okay, you got me this time, but I'm gonna beat you with my legs. Then he go beat you with the guy.
Speaker 3: But it's goddamn legs.
Speaker 1: So I think in your right about that, especially when you're on the road. When you're on the road, you try to keep the crowd out of the game as long as you possibly can As long as they're not cheering, as long as they're sitting on the hand at the edge of their seat and they're nervous, you're winning. But when you get those opportunities, because the momentum is gonna swing. If you look at the first half, the Commanders had the momentum. Now what happened is that in the second half the Chiefs got the momentum. And when they got the momentum, it went fourteen, it went fourteen, seven, twenty one, seven, twenty eight seven, and the blink of n and the game's over.
Speaker 3: Hey, it was it was a rap and they where they scored what three straight possessions.
Speaker 1: Rep possessions and then they ran the ball, you know, ran the clock down, laying the box or they could have. Let I'm surprised that didn't, you know, but I just thought they did a great job. They were really really bounced. Oho. You look at it. Targets. Travis Kelson had eight targets. Recei Rights had nine targets. They've be your word. They had seven targets and you had six catches, nine catches, five catches, So you saw what they were doing. He bought time and found you on a couple of routes. He found about time with his legs and found a Kareem Hunt in the m zone with his legs. He's done a great job. As he's gotten older, he's doing more and more with his legs. He will run, but he's really looking to buy time and hope somebody comes open. And that's what that's what makes him so dangerous. You don't want to bless him because he will come out of it. He will jump out the window on you and take off running. But he will, but he's also looking. He's constantly trying to process this information. Can I throw this ball over their head? There is there a gap somewhere I can fit this ball in to get me ten, fifteen, twenty yards down the field and pick up a first down. But I thought they ran the ball. Well, you look at Kareem Hunt and Isaiah Pachecko. Is what they did running the football. Twelve carries fifty eight yards, nine carries forty yards. Mahomes had four carries for thirty yards. Thirty rush attempts one hundred and forty eight yards, so basically almost five yards of carry.
Speaker 2: That's good enough to win very ballanced.
Speaker 1: Mahomes had two hundred and ninety nine yards passing, three touchdowns, two interceptions. Uh, he was sacked three times. I thought they did it. I thought Martin did a great job of putting pressure on him. They did a great job of forcing him out of the pockets. But you got when you get there, you gotta get him on the ground. I don't know what that last sex. I don't know what he was. He saw Mahomes gave himself up. And then you're still gonna throw him down right there in front of the referee, and you don't think he's gonna call he's gonna throw a flag.
Speaker 4: That's frustration, that's all. That's all frustration. That's all frustation at that point. And y'all obviously, okay, I can't hit.
Speaker 3: Him all game.
Speaker 4: We haven't been to get towe him all games. He's been getting out of the pocket, extending plays. You know what, I finally got a whole love him. I'm gonna give him a little extra action just to let him know I'm here. And it didn't matter at that point.
Speaker 1: No. Uh, And when you look at Locho, I think, uh, they didn't run the ball nearly as much as they needed to because now all of a sudden, the pressure started to get into Mark Mariota. He had eight rushes twenty eight yards. Corosky Merrit had nine for twenty five yards. That's not enough. And it looks like a McLaurin might of nick that growing to that hamstring again because he ended up coming out.
Speaker 2: I thought he made some great plays. Hell.
Speaker 1: I thought Debo was a catch right there at the pylon, and then I was looking at like, man, that's a ketch by McLaurin in the end zone. That was a touchdown. Now, I don't necessarily know. If I was an official o cho, I would have overruled because I couldn't see that right leg. The inside leg did it hit down out of bounds? He did get the elbow down, and you look at the left leg. The left leg didn't come down, But where was that right leg. There was never a clear view of where I could see what is right what is a right leg was doing? So I probably wouldn't have overruted it. But even in real time I thought that was those were catches with Devo and McLaurin.
Speaker 2: Hey, but you know, A that was a situation.
Speaker 1: I'm sure they said, oh, that's the cheese, getting home cooking, the chiefs getting home cooking.
Speaker 4: Hey wait, listen, I'm not saying the rest of cheating where they was cooking.
Speaker 1: I think the thing is, oh joe, if you go back and look at it, a lot of them were out of position, like that catch on the sideline. There were really no officials right there in the vicinity, so you got to be in better position. Now they were looking at McLaurin when he was in the end zone and they're trying to see. But you want to get there as close as you possibly can because you got a really hard job.
Speaker 2: Is his feet and does he hold on to the ball?
Speaker 1: If I look at where he catches the ball, I can't pay attention to his feet. So they really have a hard job. And that's really the job of two people. That's why you always see him. Check what did you get? Was he out of bounds back there? Nah, he didn't step out. Okay, what he touched the piline is good. So that is a two man job. But the guys got to be in position. The guys, the women and the men, they need to be in better position to make sure they're on top of those calls so they can get it right. But it's a tough situation and it's only gonna get worse since the implement of gambling. And what we're starting to find out now people are going now is really gonna up. It's really going to ramp up. Say see, I told you I knew it all along. Man, you can't fool me. Hot team played like this one week and then the next week they act like they ain't never seen foot or ball.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And this is the funny thing about it. And now now people can say what they want to say. You can say the ref cheating, you can say that they didn't. But you understand, when you ever have a quarterback, when you have a quarterback like Patrick Mahomes, it gives you a favorable chance to win any matches, yes, chance to win, to win any game.
Speaker 3: Obviously, if there was some turnovers early in this game.
Speaker 4: The commanded what they needed to do to capitalize on those turnovers, and you saw what happened. And it's funny how the conversation about the Kansas City have kicked. The conversation about the Kansas City Chiefs had changed.
Speaker 3: As the weeks have gone on.
Speaker 4: First, they washed they're not the same as they used to be the receivers there playing bad. In the first two weeks, they started owing two which they haven't they haven't done before, to now looking like the Kansas City Chiefs of Bowl.
Speaker 3: And it was only a matter of time.
Speaker 4: It was only a matter of time for players getting back healthy, Rasiet Rice coming off of the suspension, Hollywood Brown being in, Travis Kelcey actually getting back to form.
Speaker 3: And with them, hey, now now they're hitting on all cylindtors.
Speaker 4: And we still probably even had we still haven't even seen probably the best Kendid City Chiefs team we can see just yet.
Speaker 1: I'm just trying to figure out what happened to Taekwan Thornton. How does the guy be be that involved? And I understand Rashi Rice coming back, I get that, O Joe, But when a guy puts up that kind of numbers, you've got to find a way to get him on the field.
Speaker 3: They got so many options.
Speaker 1: Man to convinced me to Hollywood Brown is better than Taekwan Thornton based on what we've seen this year. I'm not saying what he was when he was in Baltimore or what the year that he had in Arizona. I'm talking about right now based on what you saw Hollywood, Hollywood Brown was in there, and Tay Kwan Thornton was in there when Rashi Rice wasn't twy, Tay Kwon Tae Kwon Thornton was their best receiver.
Speaker 3: He was making some players.
Speaker 4: He may catches, you know, especially d balls was needed and it mattered most and I knew that.
Speaker 3: I knew they were going to play like this. I understood that.
Speaker 4: That's why when we had him on the show and I said, listen, once that door opens for you, make sure you put your foot in the air, cross it and close the door behind you. Because this is the type of game that they play when it comes to business, when it comes to those that have already been paid, those who were making top dollar, they gonna see the field first.
Speaker 1: I get that with Ushi Rice. I get that with Roschie Rice because he is their best receiver. Oh Joe, we saw the maturation when he came in as a rookie and he got better and better and better and better. And as the year he was clear cut he was the number one receiver. Obviously had I had some issues. I think he got nicked and he got that situation, got himself. I feel got that behind him, got that issue resolved. But I just I'm looking at that.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 1: You mean to tell me this man can't get on the field and get ten plays. He can't get one target, he can't get two targets now oo after doing what he's done in the absence, she writes, Look, we're not trying to start no conflict. But I think everybody in Kansas City, and I think people that watched the game, follow the game.
Speaker 2: Study the game.
Speaker 1: You're like, hold on, how does a man go from playing that well to not even getting in the game, barely getting in the game, not getting any targets.
Speaker 3: In a sense, I'm not even upset. And since I'm not even upset because I understand the.
Speaker 4: Doors with the way he played when everyone else was out, when Hollywood Bride wasn't there, When when Hollywood was there, No, no, no, when he when he wasn't there Hollywood, Hollywood wasn't there.
Speaker 2: Yet he was hurt? Where was he at? Not this year?
Speaker 5: What wasn't he hear early on when Taekwan kept making making all those players making, ok, it was Hollywood, Xavier rights and Xavi, You're worthy and and and and and Taekwan.
Speaker 3: No, no, somebody somebody was missing.
Speaker 4: Somebody was missing from the equation, but missing, okay, either either way, either way, Taekwon thought was was arguably easily based on what we were.
Speaker 2: Seeing as That's that's all I'm saying.
Speaker 3: But this is the only thing. This is the thing I like is you've already put it on film.
Speaker 4: Now, you already put it on film. What you can't do when you're actually put in a position to make those players, so that door and the opportunity to play somewhere else where, they will probably use him and his skill set that he does have with that kind of speed, it's gonna pay off.
Speaker 2: It just might.
Speaker 4: And it's not gonna pay off where he is now because obviously they don't appreciate we was able to do because you have too many other options.
Speaker 3: You got too many other options.
Speaker 1: And maybe maybe it's a situation, don't you know, Maybe he's nicked. Maybe there's something going on that you and I don't know about scenarios out there. Brodamn you know that.
Speaker 3: You know the game, and folks play, you know the game. They't play.
Speaker 4: Hold on, Hey, I'm you know, I'm sitting there. I gotta I gotta I gotta grab a chair. I'm sitting here on my suitcase. And look what I'm sitting there.
Speaker 2: You heard me? Look yeah, love have mercy.
Speaker 3: It's hurt my butt.
Speaker 2: Yeah see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Xavier, think about xavier' Worthy was injured and now Hollywood was there.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's what That's what I meant. That's what I knew.
Speaker 2: It was one of them.
Speaker 4: I knew it was one of them. I just so, yeah it was it was Zavier. That's that's but taekwan.
Speaker 2: He maybe it's a situation where.
Speaker 1: He plays the same position as Worthy, Hollywood play pay plays a different position because you know, you got two speed guys. So maybe that's the situation. But I was, I was driving. I was trying to figure out, like with damn, how you go from being so productive todamn near he damn there inactive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's that's that's crazy.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: I've seen this so many times. I've seen it so many times, which is why I don't want to say the wrong thing.
Speaker 3: Because they are winning.
Speaker 4: But when you have when you have a team like that where they can they can they can plug and play different in different positions. And because you have Patrick Mahomes. It's going to always work regards to who you put out there. It's hard to argue the fact on real hard to argue the fact.
Speaker 1: And then Juju is so versatile. Juju blocked. Juju make the tough catches over the middle. He understands, uh, he doesn't miss hot reads. At that situation where they run the fake, I'm trying to figure out. I'm like, Noah, why would you run a seven rod?
Speaker 2: Bro?
Speaker 1: You just trying to score a touchdown. Don't run that in the Aintlena, get that up the field. I'm like, guys, guys, do y'all.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't. I don't get it. I ain't trying. I'm trying.
Speaker 1: If I got the defense food and the linebacker is trailing me from the inside, I'm not trying to give to any yard completion. I'm trying to get a forty yard touchdown. And you see how Mahomes threw the ball. Mahmes threw him up the field because Bee Wags was trailing on the inside. He was like he wanted to catch it and get tackled out of bounds. No, Bro, take that up the field. Yeah, I don't know. Maybe it was set up like that. Maybe it was a to be a twenty yard completion and not a forty yard touchdown, but that's like, you know, the way we ran around, like, look, if somebody's over the top, you're flatted it off. If somebody's in the trail, you keep it high, right. Yeah, back in the quarterback Carson Wentz, it's set that undergo season ending shoulder surgery on his non throwing shoulder, O joe, and we'll be placed on injured reserve. JJ McCarthy began the season as the starter, but who has missed the last six game with a high ankle spring. He's expected to play Sunday in Detroit. The only backup Minnesota roster is undrafted rookie Max Brosmer. JJ is not huh yeah exactly. He's undrafted, so you know even less about him. JJ McCarthy is not only played two of twenty four regular season games since he was drafted with the number ten pick in the twenty twenty for a draft. Oh Joe, I got, how bad of the Vikings missing Sam Donald?
Speaker 2: Listen?
Speaker 4: They missing Sam Donald very very much, so very much. So listen the way Sam Donald played last year. I still for the life of me. Can't understand why you let him walk out that door. I just don't understand for the life of me, and not knowing what you were getting with JJ McCarthy.
Speaker 3: Understand he was a high round pick. I knew what he did in Michigan. I gotta get that.
Speaker 4: But listen, there's no problem with him sitting behind and learning from Sam Donald. With the way he played last year. You don't let a quarterback, as hard as it is to come by quarterbacks that you can find that can maximize everything you want to do offensively. He did everything well. He didn't look like the Sam Donald with the Jets. He didn't like the Sam Donald and got damn Carolina. But for some reason, everything in Minnesota it looked good. He looked very good, similar to how Daniel Jones looked with the goddamn Annapolis Coats. Like a completely different person.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, a completely.
Speaker 4: Different person, and the same person is still carrying on right now in Seattle.
Speaker 2: He's still yes, And now you're struggling.
Speaker 4: Now you're having quarterback balls. He didn't know what to do, And I think they're not playing JJ McCarthy on purpose, Ain't It can't be nothing wrong with him can.
Speaker 2: I mean, he was out a long time with a hy ankles frame.
Speaker 1: Normally guys get guys were getting back in three high end four week.
Speaker 2: This will be six weeks that he's missing. I'm just saying no, right, you know, Goodwill.
Speaker 4: Ain't nothing wrong with that ankle. The ain't nothing wrong with that ankle. You know that boy jj A justin Jefferson. Boy, he gonna cut up this week, you hear me. But let let things don't go right, Let things don't go the way they should be. You know, they love they love calling players divas and all this that are passionate and want to win and understand that in order for me to have success, in order for us to have team success, we got to have the most important position, have a good person, a good player with the ball, and we don't have that. Hey, them great players that we all love. They started to act up now and you let you laugh, but they loved the Hey, they love the I'm not sure where that where that where that term diva came from.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure you know, but you know when when came from y'all misbehavior?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Hey, we don't misbehave. We're just passionate about the position that we do.
Speaker 2: Play, we'll call it. Yeah.
Speaker 4: We'd like to show a.
Speaker 3: Little theater, you know, a little in it, a little energy.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: When we do it, it's called divas. When they do it, it's called passion.
Speaker 2: Huh, it's called passion.
Speaker 4: It's called yeah, yeah, yeah. You know, the words of definition change depending on them.
Speaker 3: Let me, let me. I'm not gonna go there.
Speaker 1: It's been reported that went tored his labor and dislocated his shouder in week five and it's still played with let that sink in. So he got a torn labor and his normal non throwing shoulder and it's located, and you're asking him to play through that. You got a guy that you took with the number ten pick last year, that you were so said that he was gonna be your guy. That you let a guy walk out the door that had thrown like thirty plus high thirty touchdown for you and I think fewer than fifteen interception if I'm not mistaken. So you let that guy walk out the door. But now you got a guy that's a journeyman. He's turning into a journman. Yes, he was the number two pick in the draft and Yeah, he had a nice three year run and feeling them at all fell apart and he's bounced around every since. But so now he's a jernaman quarterback. You willing to keep a journeman. You're willing to ask a journeyman with a torn laborerm and a different what's being reported, I don't know, I'm just reading what's being reported. You're asking a guy that's a journyman quarterback that has a torn laborer and a dislocated non throwd shoulder to go out there and gut it up instead of putting a guy there that was a high draft pick that you believed so much in, a guy that you saw go through the totality of a season and play exceptionally well, you let him walk out the door.
Speaker 4: Hey, I know what Sam Donald looks like before he left. Might have left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths. But the position he puts you in in the regular season to even be in contention to be in the playoffs, it was phenomenal.
Speaker 3: It was a great run.
Speaker 4: And it was a kind of run where you bring someone like that back who gives you a chance, He puts you in position he allows you to maximize what you want to do offensively with his decision making and chemistry that he built with Hodginson, Addison and Justin Jefferson.
Speaker 3: You know you let that walk out.
Speaker 4: The door because now you have a situation like you do now where we're saying, God damn. JJ McCarthy has been injured on the sideline with a high angole spring for six weeks.
Speaker 3: I know that's a lot.
Speaker 4: I know the devil is a lot. Somebody lying. I don't know who it is because now you're not sure. Now you really don't want to put him out there based on what you saw already when he was when he had the opportunity to get out there, it didn't look like it should It doesn't look like you guys made the right choice.
Speaker 3: So now you're lying on Carson Wentz to stay the day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look and he looked O Joe. He's on in this second year, so he could get better. But I had my questions about him because they ran the ball way more at Michigan than they threw it. So I was always like, Okay, what happens when they when they're gonna require you to throw the ball the days of you just being able to run the football. You gotta throw it in this league. I don't care who you are, They're gonna come a time that you're gonna have to ma and more time than not, you're gonna need to throw the football. And so I was always a little leary on that part. Now I will say this, I look, I thought they could have kept Sam Donald, but I knew they wouldn't keep Sam Donald for the simple fact of the money. And they tied up into JJ McCarthy. He's the number ten pick in the draft.
Speaker 2: O jo. But it wasn't a lot of money.
Speaker 1: Now, if Minnesota had back to Brinks truck up and said, okay, we got forty we got forty forty five fifty million, I get Minnesota. But this is a very digestible contract. This was almost like a Baker Mayfield contract. Thirty million if if is the lower level of a starting quarterback.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: And so I was a little surprised that they didn't that they didn't go to thirty, that they didn't look at least for another year or two.
Speaker 2: Hell if. And I get it, this is not a very fair assessment. But your love rode the bench.
Speaker 1: Now he's backing up somebody much more substantial than proving. But he sought his ass on the bench. Aaron Rodgers sought the bench, so there's no harm in that. And look, if Sam Donald doesn't make it this year, but Sam Donald is not old. Sam Dollard's twenty six, so if he continued to play, well, hell, I move off from JJ McCarthy passed, I ship his ass out. But JJ McCarthy's what how much younger is JJ McCarthy than Sam Donald or ash? Because I think Sam Donald's twenty six years of age, so it's not like he's thirty thirty two. And plus you're dealing with a quarterback, so they, you know, they like dog years. That twenty that twenty six is really like fourteen. Oh yeah, so it's not like other positions. How old is JJ McCarthy and how old is Sam Donald? Okay, Sam Donald's twenty eight, j J McCarthy's twenty two only twenty two? Twenty two?
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, listen.
Speaker 4: I'm not I'm not a GM, I'm not an owner, but I understand I know who gives our best chance to win, and I'm not gambling regards of him being the number ten pick. There's no problem with him saying he has a he has a team friendly contract, even being a number six.
Speaker 3: I'm bringing Donald back and.
Speaker 4: Giving him that lower tier, no disrespect. I'm speaking in football terms of in quarterback money, to see what he can do for us the next two or three years.
Speaker 1: They had lead the next two before I have to because I really don't have to make a decision on saying on JJ McCarthy, oh yo until your year four go in the year five, I got to make a decision so I don't have to do.
Speaker 2: A deal with him.
Speaker 1: I mean, obviously, guys that are playing get deals done after their third year if they're that guy. So I get that. But theoretically I can go in there. I could go into year four says Okay, I've gotten two years of Sam Donald. I think we've matched them out. Okay, JJ, I'm gonna give you a year to prove it, and then with Hey, but I'm not.
Speaker 2: In the sision.
Speaker 1: But I think the thing is Ojo going into that year that year four, Now I got to pick up his fifth year option.
Speaker 4: Hey, and one thing about it too, You know what I don't like. You know, I think it's the perfect situation for him. You played at Michigan, so you used to being in that type of environment. Obviously, you come from a school where you ran the ball, you know, a high percentage of the time. But your quarterback, your quarterback. You're in the NFL now, and if you can throw the ball to Geordanadison, Hockinson and Justin Jefferson, you don't belong.
Speaker 3: No, you just don't.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, And there's what you just don't be long because that's one of the better receiving cores in the NFL. And even if even if you can't bring yourself to their level of play, they're so good they can hide whatever weaknesses you do have as a quarterback, and the fact that he can play. Going at the week six and we talk about it's still like Anko Spring, something may't right and the damn sure, hang on Spring, that's not it. I mean we know that, and I'm not sure what they're trying to hide. But whatever weaknesses that he may have as a quarterback, they have to find a way to hide it because you have the players around him that can hide it. You have to players around them can hide it.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: I think the thing is, oh, Joe, you can only hide it for so long. It's like in easter egg they might not find it, but somebody's gonna find the eggs. So whatever your weakness is as a quarterback, O Joe, we gonna find it sooner or later, because as long as you continue to play, we're gonna find out where you're weak at. That's just that's just that's just hide. That's just how it is. And so, uh, I agree with you. I just knew based on the NFL, the number ten pick, they really like this guy that But and also I don't know if it's truly like reports that he wanted to be guaranteed in the starting job.
Speaker 2: Seattle guaranteed him a starting job.
Speaker 3: Okay, you're talking about Sam Donald. Okay, okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: And so under those circumstances, but it's hard for me to believe, Ojoe, somebody gonna pay you thirty million dollars and you don't start.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And there are there aren't very many places that he could have gone to after he left Minnesota where they weren't going to guarantee me.
Speaker 3: They guarantee him the starting job.
Speaker 4: It wasn't anybody that you're gonna have to look over your shoulder and understand, Okay, their pressures on me. If I don't play well, they're probably gonna put this guy in you. You're in a great You're in a great spot. I think Minnesota will have been a great spot for him to come back. I'm not sure what mentioned. There's a reason why. There's a reason why I'm not an owner, because that's, you know, the choice of the decision I would have made. And now he's in Seattle and he's flourishing. He is flourishing. JSN are having a fing ball.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they and I think O Joe when they moved on from they moved on from Genoa. Now you look at the situation. They moved on from d K, they moved on from Lockett. It seems like Locket with the Tennessee. Now he's going to be reunited with Pete Carroll and Gino and in Las Vegas. Uh, maybe a lot of people like, man, what do they have? They got Jackson Smith and Jigbu, they got js in and he is phenomenal.
Speaker 4: Well and listen what we what we can do as well? Because he's not too far removed from winning the triple Crown. I love Cooper Cup. He might not be the Cooper Cup of old. Yeah, Cooper Cup.
Speaker 2: At they can still make plays.
Speaker 3: You can still make plays.
Speaker 4: He can still he's still one of the butter butter route runners, one of the better creatives, like to say artistry when it comes to running routes.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Still, he's still one of those despite what people may think.
Speaker 1: He's just not He's not going to be used like that. That's not Sean mcvay's system. Sean McVay. If you look at the way Sean McVay used Cooper Cup, you look at the way Sean McVay look used Pooka Nakua, Yeah, that's not what he is. They're not going to use him like that because first he's not the number one, that's JSN. Yes, So now the JSN, he's gonna get the favorable he's going to get the favorable play calls.
Speaker 2: He's going to get me the first target.
Speaker 1: And so but if you go back and look at it, oyo, I think Cooper Cup only had one one thousand yard receiving season.
Speaker 2: That was the triple Crown season season.
Speaker 4: That's that's funny how that works, right, that's funny. And I saw that before with understanding with dam he won the Triple Crown, and I remember going back and looking at some of his numbers.
Speaker 3: Me and TJ. Whos from Zada were talking about at one point.
Speaker 4: And he told me, we'll go look at all the steps from from before that, and it's unbelievable. With the right system, with the right coach, and putting you in the right positions, in right position to make certain plays, they can manipulate the offense to where you can succeed no matter what, no matter what, Yeah, you can do it. And obviously when it was time to work and wiggle him out that system, here comes pooping the cool up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're draft player, new draft players. You need smart players. They're those guys on the bigger side. They're not your typical slot You look at Pooker, you look at Cooper Cup. They're not these. They're not the Julian Edelman, they're not being Wes Welkers. They're not the typical slot receivers. They're on the business on the bigger side, which means they're gonna have to be able to take more punishment because when you catch that many balls, O Joe, you got to get a damn ass load of targets because Cooper Cup caught one hundred and forty some balls. That means he's one ninety two hundred targets, nineteen hundred and what nineteen hundred and thirty yard receiving yards. He was well over two thousand. He was probably down. He was damn near two hundred catches on the season. When you tally up what he did in the postseason and you look at the yard and he was what he was like, I think he was like twenty three twenty four hundred receiving yards. He is christ And you look at what he did in the playoff games. So he probably had another thirty another thirty plus catches, So you figure attack on another thirty thirty five catches with another forty five fifty targets. Now you see hell, he might have had two hundred and thirty, two hundred and fifty targets and called one hundred and ninety of them.
Speaker 4: When I think about it like that, as dynamic, as dynamic of a playmaker as he was, I would always always sit back and hypothetically think, damn, I wonder what my numbers would look like in that situation.
Speaker 3: Being that you know, but we're.
Speaker 2: With a lot of punishment. Yo, that's a lot of punishment.
Speaker 4: Hey, I could take punishment, you know, I ain't got no problem going across that middle and doing some of the doing some of the things that really made me uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: I can sit there and tell you that.
Speaker 4: I mean, I wasn't comfortable, you know, sitting there running running screens.
Speaker 3: I don't like that. I like to be having a somewhat of.
Speaker 1: Now, you're not gonna catch that many balls getting pushed down the field. O yoll, they can't throw that ball pushing you out.
Speaker 2: Of feel not No.
Speaker 1: One hundred and you know he caught one hundred and forty something balls. So think about how many, how many how many screens, bubble screens that he actually caught.
Speaker 2: I don't like how many, how many? How many little smoke routes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't like those.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna be honest with you that it gives me a certain level of uncertainty, a certain level of uncomfortability with me not being able to have my eyes on what's in front of me and me having the focus on the ball.
Speaker 3: Now having to run a route.
Speaker 4: And understanding being able to read defenses and knowing where everybody's going to be and with their job and knowing when I can get out of breaks, I can protect myself. I know what's coming, I know where you're coming from. I know where the pursuit is coming from. But having to turn real quick and everybody got eyes on me like I'm a damn park return that makes me uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: Yeah it is. Yeah, I don't like that Brown's bench.
Speaker 1: Joe Flacco after one and three stint as a starter rookie Dylan Gabriel it's one in three. Meaning in Cleveland are wondering if your door Sanders now deserve its own shot.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: Today, Kevin Stefanski was asked by Mary Kay Cabot whether he's considering the possibility of playing your door. His response, the focus is where we are right now, Mary Kay, that's not my focus. Can we stop asking the questions? Y'all know this man don't want to place your door.
Speaker 4: You know you know people we know that, and people the people you know in the chat, not not in the chat, but this is in general. When we talked about cleating the Brown Oh, it's it's damn.
Speaker 3: What's the word.
Speaker 4: When they don't like someone and they now they doing them wrong. I forgot the word to use. But listen, we already know where the play was. We already know where the play was. They didn't want him. It was Drew Berry. No, and Andrew Berry. Andrew, it was Andrew Berry's pick. It wasn't it wasn't the owner, it wasn't the fanski. So this is exactly what they want. It's exactly what they want. It seems as if they were that someone forced their hand to take this pick, and they don't want.
Speaker 3: To give him opportunity to play the game.
Speaker 4: Uh. From the small sample size that we've seen from Dylan Gabriel, he has now had he played four games that they're won and three he won't push.
Speaker 2: The ball down the field. It's a hard I can't run the ball.
Speaker 1: And all you do is that you shore, you fish from you short fish, you catch the big fish. The big fish don't swim close along the shore. They're out the deep. And so to get points, you got to push the ball down the field at some point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but maybe he's maybe he's not.
Speaker 4: He's not that comfortable doing just that yet, because we saw him push that push the ball down the field.
Speaker 3: And the goddamn preseason we saw him push the ball down the field. I see him.
Speaker 4: I saw him throw short balls. I thought I saw him throw any needed. I saw him throw dig rocks. I didn't really see him throwing throw anything deep. But I think there's a third level of uncomfortability that they don't have because offensively, they're not calling players for him to push the ball down the field because obviously maybe that's not what he's good at. That's the only thing I think of, But if it was good at doing it, you would call the players that call for him to do just that what we're asking of you or to for to win games. He's not giving the Browns their best chance to win games. And the fact that Kevin Stefanski understands that my job is on the line because this is the guy I stood up on the table for and who I wanted to make you know, the start of our team. At some point, you're gonna lose the locker room too.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, you're gonna lose the.
Speaker 4: Locker room and just take the right person to say something A Denzel Ward, A Miles Garrett. You know, you know your captains, you'd be like they staid, we need to do something. I mean to see Miles Geart frustrated like that, the way the way he was understanding that offensively were not getting it done. Knowing that to bathe I mean, but I think that's the heel that Kevin s Fank is willing to die on because this is my guy and he knows that.
Speaker 3: I mean, the job ain't in jeopardy. He's not in the hot seat. In the hot seat, so you know, no, hell no, absolutely not.
Speaker 1: Joe Flacco training camp completion percentage was fifty eight point seven in his first In his fourth start, he was at sixty nine percent. Then he went to fifty six percent fifty eight. In his last game as a starter, he was forty seven percent.
Speaker 3: He's somebody in the chat.
Speaker 4: Funniest here Toby Gaber did throw it down the field, but the guy intercepted.
Speaker 2: Look, man, look, I'm just tired of like, man, push your door. Man it. They don't seem as interested in putting.
Speaker 1: Your door in as we're interested in seeing him. And who knows what would happen if he got in there. But I think we want to see what would happen. Yeah, yeah, And my thing is he like, well, he didn't play. He wasn't even number two Bailey Zaffery was the number two on Sunday, so he had the dealer with a back injury.
Speaker 2: Well, how you heard it? Well, he just stand on the sideline so I could get why he's back with tight hold on.
Speaker 3: He had a back surgy, but he was out there throwing the pregame.
Speaker 2: I'm just I've just got out there.
Speaker 3: Look, even though ain't nothing wrong, ain't nothing wrong with him.
Speaker 4: The same way it ain't nothing wrong with J. J.
Speaker 3: McCarthy. There's nothing wrong with him.
Speaker 4: It's just the game that they do play.
Speaker 3: If you understand the game and understand.
Speaker 4: What they will do and what they report, knowing that there's nothing wrong with you to cover there, you know what, get us on the outside to shut up. But listen, I played the game. I understand that some of the things that you will do when you don't really want a person to actually be in the game and to contribute. You don't want to look wrong, you don't want to be wrong, and the decisions that you've made. Of course, you're not gonna play him because you know he probably will go in there and succeed.
Speaker 3: Door Sanders works and operates very.
Speaker 4: Well in a chaotic environment and that's the environment that has been created for him because of who he is, and obviously also because it's that's that's they did. They didn't want him, but he will operate very well in the type environment, and they don't want that to happen.
Speaker 3: So what do we do. We say, he's hurt, his back is messed up.
Speaker 4: You tell you tell the reporters. Chempi's defense, he says, hey, don't ask me. The focus. The focus is what it is right now is Dylan Gabriel and doing everything we can to make sure he.
Speaker 3: Improves week to week.
Speaker 4: But the ticket, because the next thing that's gonna happen, it ain't gonna be the reporter saying something and asking questions. It's gonna be the only players in your locker room.
Speaker 2: Dylan Gabriel.
Speaker 1: Uh is training camp completion percentage was fifty five percent and it's four starts. He was at fifty eight percent, fifty six percent, seventy two percent, sixty percent, So it looks like he's right about where he was in training camp. And because they're they don't have the best playmakers.
Speaker 2: They don't have they don't have.
Speaker 1: The Detroit skill position players, they don't have Green Bay skill position players. They don't have sinces, they don't have a CD and pick. That's not what they have. So when you don't have that level of talent on the outside and you have a marginal quarterback, what do you think you're going to get?
Speaker 3: Listen? You know what?
Speaker 4: Then the owners and the onners at that point is on the office of coordinator who's calling the place? Okay, well, listen, I understand I have a quarterback right here in Dylan Gabriel. There are certain weaknesses that he does have. I have n't Juku Tillman, Jerry Judy. I know what they can do. I know what they can do. I know what their strengths are. How can I put them in the positions? Creativity? Creativity and it creative work, creatively and yeah, creatively the road.
Speaker 3: What's wrong with me? I'm talking to.
Speaker 4: Damn fast creatively to hide some of the things in the flaws that Dylan Gabriel is not good at. So now you can't make your.
Speaker 1: Caller, So you can't you can't make him grow four inches, So you can't do anything about that.
Speaker 2: You can't have a stronger arm, you can't do anything about that.
Speaker 1: No, your offensive line is not the best if there's not anything you can do about that, because you have what you have.
Speaker 2: So I don't.
Speaker 1: Really know where you I don't know how much better it can get for the Browns based on what you have currently.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I listen.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I'm all, I'm all a lot of suggestions. I mean, everyone else is suggested. You know, do this, do that. What everybody wanted they got, You got what you wanted, You got your quarterback, you got Joe Flacco gone now having success, you know, in the air throwing to two of the greatest, the greatest duo in the NFL. Now Dylan gave its your quarterback. But you're still in the same You're still in the same place. You're still in the same position.
Speaker 1: You think, you think you're due at better than Dallas a duo. Come again and ask me, ask that one more time before you ask me, think about what you ask me to. Ask me again, then ask me. I will ask you. Do you believe that your duo is better then dallas Is duo?
Speaker 4: Well, not only do I believe that our due is better than Dallas's duo, but it's it's it's it's where.
Speaker 3: We're we're we are.
Speaker 4: We are better. We are better as a whole. And this is no disrespect to see the n Pick. But they right below us and it's close to yeah right close. Let meet them to stay with me. Now it's close. But because of Jamar Chase, it edges the south. Okay, and T t is very good. You know, George Picking can do what T.
Speaker 3: Higgins does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you do a little better.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean yeah, I mean yeah. I think they about about equivalent.
Speaker 4: Now he can go up and get it, you know, uh T get running and rounds them the fifty fifty ball turn eighty twenty when it's them too.
Speaker 1: And the thing I like about Pick is Pick is angry. He get his ball, hands on the ball. He's like, you have to tie for me. I ain't going down, I ain't running out of bounds. You're gonna have to tackle me.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love that, And I love I love the focus that I've seen from him since he's arrived in Dallas.
Speaker 2: I love that, I love I love that. I just.
Speaker 1: Uh she Door has been liking I G posts today that are calling for him to start for the Browns after the bye week.
Speaker 4: We'll see whatever you got to do. Whatever, whatever you got to do. And obviously going into the bye week, this is the Browns bye week, right, Yes, they definitely not definitely not naming the starters on the bye week, but we're gonna see what happens. We're gonna give Dylan Gabriel another week, another week to get to get better, to improve himself based on what he's done so far with the four stars he's had. I wonder who they got coming out to buy. Uh, that's as you they have coming out of the buy oh man. And then my thing is, Joe is that No, you don't have to do anything. It's just like who they got the Jets coming out of the Byre.
Speaker 3: Ain't no telling.
Speaker 2: I think that's as good.
Speaker 1: That's as good as any time to let you do a start.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I think Dylan Gabriel will be the start against the Jets. Ain't I'm telling jet. Jets might come out there and and mollywop there you know what.
Speaker 2: They already beat all so they got confidence.
Speaker 3: Now, don't do that. Don't do that.
Speaker 4: Let's not bring up the past. Let's not bring up the past. Let's look forward. Because in the Bible it said, uh, do not look that behind you. Therefore, so you can see where you go with.
Speaker 1: I don't know your eyes closed the way to beat you all up. You know, look, there's only so much. I mean, because I think the thing is I think for the most part, he's done. He said all the right things, and I'm gonna support Dylan. You know, hey, he you know we're in that room. I think every everybody when Joe is in the room, I think your door saying all the right things. I think he's been coached up. I think he's been groomed to play that position, to say all the right things, because you are corporate when you're in that position. But I think deep down he believes he's better than Dylan Gaber.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: He believed that every player that has competition at the pacific position believes that better than the person that's in front of Yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: And unfortunately y'all won't he said, Unfortunately y'all won't give me an opportunity to show you that I'm better.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, there's only one way. There's only one way to prove it.
Speaker 1: Give him go, let him go out there and give him four stars, and let's see.
Speaker 2: I think the thing is o Joe.
Speaker 1: I think they're gonna let this thing with Dylan Gaber will go a little longer for the simple fact you don't want to play. You've already moved on from Joe Flacco. Joe Flackel got four stars. Are we really trying to give Dylan Gabor four stars? Okay, give your door four stars. It don't work out what your door? Go back to Dylan Gaber, It don't work out with Dylan Gaber, or go back to you do. I don't know if that's where you want to be at Ojoe, I don't. I don't think that's where you want to be.
Speaker 3: Is the fancy is in a tough position. Though he is in a tough position.
Speaker 2: The damn if you do, damn if you don't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, basically that's exactly what it is.
Speaker 4: But I think it's okay for them to have a quarterback carousel and being able to make those changing.
Speaker 3: Those changes weren't necessary because.
Speaker 4: You need to find out what you need to do for the foresee of your future.
Speaker 1: They're probably gonna go back into They're probably gonna go back in the draft and get a quarterback. But I mean, looking at the quarterbacks, I'm looking around at college right now, I don't see anybody. I don't see anybody that blowing my socks up like, oh I got to get them, I got to have him.
Speaker 4: I'm glad you just said that, because obviously everything at the quarterback level. There's been some great quarterback play in college football, but there's nothing that gonna come to the Cleveland Browns and be like, oh, shoot, we found the one.
Speaker 3: There's nobody.
Speaker 1: Cleveland's more than a player away. Old you, that's the problem. They're more than a player away.
Speaker 3: But they're more than a player away.
Speaker 4: But if they get the right quarterback, which is yes, the problem for the past now thirty six years, then you're a little closer to where you want to get to. But you can't even you can't even get past step one.
Speaker 1: No, but you had the quarterback. You had the quarterback. You just need to get some pieces around Baker and let him heal. But you know the damage was done, you you, you know, I guess conversation. You know, he felt like they wanted him to be something that he wasn't. They wanted him to be more button up, more structured, and he's a guy that he wants to dance. He cool, in the locker room. The guys like him, and so that wasn't their cup of tea. Well, if the guy's gonna win, damn your cup of tea. I'm trying to win.
Speaker 4: Yeah, as all that matters at the end of the day, especially for quarterbacks.
Speaker 3: It's based on wins, wins and losses.
Speaker 1: Yes, So we'll see how this thing plays out. I think you know, Cleveland goes for a minute, there's no games, there's nothing to report. I don't know how much they're gonna. Oh, they get the whole week off for the bye week. They gone what you mean gone? They practicing?
Speaker 2: They ain't practicing. You gotta get the week off.
Speaker 4: Wait they changed the rules or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, as look up and see I think that's a rule. You get the whole week off.
Speaker 4: Man, I ain't never see man what.
Speaker 2: No, hell no?
Speaker 1: We got we got Thursday week. Man, We got Friday. We normally we got Friday, Saturday, Sunday off. We had a half day Thursday. If everything went good, you know, we got a half day Thursday. But it was a whole Now, we got a week in Baltimore. But Mike Shanahan wasn't playing that. I don't know what I don't know. I was like, damn man, they man such is man. Yeah, we got the we getting the whole week of I'm like, well, damn we ain't got no week off.
Speaker 2: They get the whole week off. Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: So they got to do any work they want to do all by yourself.
Speaker 4: But obviously during the bye week, you want to get away from football. Yeah, you want to reset mentally, you want to resentmently, get yourself away from anything football related.
Speaker 3: Go home, you know, get in your game.
Speaker 4: I mean, just do whatever you need to detach from the game of football in your bye week. That's that's the point of it. And when you do come back, if you ready to hit it, ready to.
Speaker 2: All I know is I heal my a lot of my own injuries.
Speaker 1: You're not going to keep me here on the by a week because I got something I'm nicked.
Speaker 2: Oh you good, yep.
Speaker 1: These allies at the convenience store, your eyes don't have medicine and all of us got you got that rabbit turred ice.
Speaker 2: I got to get that QB dice. It's all all the same.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it does at the end of the day.
Speaker 1: Uh. Aaron Glenn declines to name Justin Fields quarterback. One after the Jets bye week, despite his person win of twenty twenty five, Glenn said, this is the bye week and we're going to focus on us.
Speaker 2: I have time to make that decision.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, let me listen.
Speaker 3: And obviously you have time to make that decision.
Speaker 4: Also, Aaron Glenn understands that he was playing against the Bengal defense. He also understands he was playing against the Bengal defense, which really hasn't.
Speaker 3: Been good you know all year long. Ever important, don't do that, don't do that, don't do that. But I mean, he understands that.
Speaker 2: So the year y'all went to the Super Bowl, y'all was good.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Hold on the year we went to Super Bowl, we was the middle of the pack.
Speaker 2: That was good.
Speaker 3: We was middle of the pack. And that's all I'm asking for.
Speaker 2: But where are you now?
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know what number we at? What number you think we at?
Speaker 2: Lord a whale poop?
Speaker 1: Hey man, I don't know if you guys are worse than Dallas, but you're close.
Speaker 4: You think.
Speaker 3: I wanted to add ash who has a who defense is worse? Is it us us A Dallas?
Speaker 2: I mean both y'all in the ugly contest.
Speaker 3: Hey, we're both in the ugly contest.
Speaker 4: Yes, hey, we might not be the ugliest though, you know what the ugly, but we not the ugliest.
Speaker 2: We're gonna have We're gonna have two winners, is the See I told you.
Speaker 4: Wait, we did let me thirty thirty second in defense?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, god, damn mm hmmm.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't like that.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't like that. I don't like that at all, Like I don't know what I don't know.
Speaker 4: That's me. Now you see why Aaron Glynn doesn't want to make a decision on who he wants to start because you went and you won a game against the thirty second best defense. Look a look at me, thirty second best defense in the NFL and you win. So that really, that really gives me no gauge on how well you can do when you play against the competent defense. It's gonna be a different ball game if you're playing somebody else. Damn many thirty two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, who know, y'all was, Oh, y'all, this is where y'all was last year.
Speaker 2: Why are you surprised? So tell me.
Speaker 1: Who the addition that you guys got because you got last year, he had seventeen a half sacks. He led the league in sacks. You were dead last. You don't have anybody even close to that this year. So where do you expect to be? You expected to move up.
Speaker 4: But I'm just thinking about some of the moves we made in the draft. The Meteor's night phenomenal player. I mean he's made a huge impact.
Speaker 2: Yah, Mark, you.
Speaker 1: Told me that, and then and then Bryce Hall Breech Hall just go out there and have a day for days.
Speaker 3: Yeah he did, he did.
Speaker 4: But listen, I mean, forty four can't be everywhere now, he's only He's only one man. You're going to do so much. We need everybody to come to the party. That's the problem. I don't think everybody had a ticket to the party. They did have a ticket to the I think that's the problem.
Speaker 2: They ain't nobody, brain, nothing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we had to escort about.
Speaker 2: We had to let them go.
Speaker 1: Hey man, well look I think the Veggas I'm gonna say, if I'm Mary Glynn, I'm gonna sell a g I'm celebrating this. I don't have to make a decision First of all, ain't nobody in the building, all the guys.
Speaker 2: The guys are gone. Yeah, the guys are gone.
Speaker 1: So go somewhere warm, Go to Miami, go to La go to Vegas, go do something fun.
Speaker 2: I'm not even thinking.
Speaker 1: I can honestly say that when on the bye week, I didn't think about football.
Speaker 2: That was the last thing on my mind.
Speaker 1: That was that was the time for me, not even think about football and not think about nothing. You know, go somewhere. But see, it was different from us, so Joe. We only got two and a half inf in days. We didn't have no week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I think the most. I probably had maybe three, maybe four days, but them three or four days on tik about detaching until about reset mentally, getting away from the game of football.
Speaker 3: I'm in Miami, obviously, you know I don't club. I don't do none of that.
Speaker 2: I go home.
Speaker 4: Man, hit that swimming pool, No, I didn't, didn't really get hurt. So you know I did think go bike riding back back back then, I used to enjoy my little little huffy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what is do it?
Speaker 4: Early early morning or early morning bike ride to make sure I keep my conditioner going, and too that's why I didn't play video games. Yeah, but I didn't want to see a football. I didn't want to see a pea skin. I didn't want to hear anything. You know, you go home to your homeboys, they always want to talk about the season. I say, man, bro, look, I ain't trying to hear none of that. Don't ask me nothing about the season. Or I ain't worried about who we plan. I ain't trying to hear none of that. But what we're gonna do. We get Let's hit South Beach, Let's go to news cafe and sit outside and people watch.
Speaker 3: Let's go to you know fish Man.
Speaker 1: In them days go by so damn fast. You're like, dang, did we even by week? I say, I think they skipped some days very fast. I mean it's money, and next thing you know, it's Thirdy're like, manos didn't win.
Speaker 2: And then and then if you bad, and then if you nicked it.
Speaker 1: Because I remember my last year in Baltimore, we got the whole week off. I ended up getting my knees drained before I left, and then had to get him drained when I got back.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, speaking of drains, speaking of the knees drain. Why when I played in the flag football game and god damn in London and I hit I hit the turf right, Yeah, I got it?
Speaker 3: Why I got a burst a sack.
Speaker 4: Yep, now my on my left knee, my lefty nigga like I'm goddamn professor klumk And I refuse to get a dreamed. And I don't know where to get the sleeve from. You know, you know you put the sleeve over there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just get one of those, one of those, one of those.
Speaker 1: Uh uh you going to the CVS and get one of those up compression compression stock.
Speaker 3: Yeah, boy, I got to get one on my left knee. I used to get him. I played right.
Speaker 4: You know you hit your elbow in that, man, My elbow used to be so fat. I used to always wear a little wristband to cover it up. Yeah, used to be that.
Speaker 1: I used to I used to fly because I had I had swelling bad in my joints, my knees, my ankle, and I always wear compression stock into I wore them on both on both bring them up to your knee above the knee.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Dam