Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, Are you ready, It's about to hit the fan. Welcome to Unsanctioned Thursdays ter Wrestling with Friday.
Speaker 2: Ladies and gentlemen, Welcome to Unsanctioned Thursdays with your host Jeff Die and Freddie Brands Junior. Let's start the show. No electric guitar for you guys today. We ran out of money in the budget, so it's just a little electric guitar. Yeah, the structure, I'll pay for that.
Speaker 3: I'll pay for that a.
Speaker 2: Little bit, all right, sweet, thanks. Unsanctioned Thursdays. Unsanctioned. We're a little looser. We got the loose lips on this one, and we're gonna talk about what everybody wants to talk about, which is CM punk. I don't know if I'm gonna have the same take on this as everybody. Maybe maybe a do, but I wasn't that hyped. I was more confused because it's the opposite of a straight edge punk. He fired Homeboy on his wedding day, and now you're you're back at the company that you tried to that you hoped would fail, that you wished would fail, And that's so not straight edge punk at all. So I don't know what the storyline for him. Can It can't be I'm going to go after the championship. That's stupid, like you're going after a championship from a company you wanted to bury. So I think the only story they can go through, and maybe you agree, is the corporate So now the CM stands for corporate man punk and that then he has to be the sellout that it looks like he is. I mean, even Caleb Braxton, who just does like like reporter work for them, was like, oh, I guess the grass is greener on this side and directed a right at him. If she's not fearful and she's willing to say stuff like that, then anybody's gonna say stuff. I remember Ryan Emma tweeting and getting banned from Collision because he was like, yo, that was soft. So there can't be any sensitivity from him. There can't be any ego from him because at WWE, you are another name on the roster. It's Roman Reigns and the roster, and there have been different stars that have come up. But I don't know how this works unless he does the old school corporate storyline where he's in cahoots with the company and does the whole I didn't sell out, I bought in. That's what Seth Rolin said, and that's what the Rock said before him when he became the corporate Champion, in different words but the same message. So I don't know, Jeff, I mean, you tell me. We can talk about you know, and follow up on what we said on the other podcast, or we can just kind of riff on this, whatever you want to do.
Speaker 3: I think it'd be a cool storyline if CM punk poisons WWE. What if they just play into him being a backstage a locker room sword as Seth Rawlins called. What if they what if that is the story make a bunch of fake melee's backstage like they did in AE w AW had real fights. So what if we pretend that Phil is doing all this?
Speaker 2: Oh what if Dwight the Dwight Schultz Japan storyline when he went to Japan and it was the fake reporter that he knocked out like the real way that he talked up Draum it all up.
Speaker 3: Make it look like he's causing all this backstage heat in him. And the problem is we already know Dave Meltzer as much as he is a great part of the wrestling community. He really does kill the whole ka. He really like reveals what is real? What is it? I knew within thirty seconds or probably thirty minutes this seth Rawlins wasn't really as upset about CM punk coming back as he was letting on it's a shoot.
Speaker 2: So how did you know that? How did you?
Speaker 3: Because Dave Meltzer, That's that's the problem is that Dave Meltzer's so plugged in he knows exactly like he knew that Drew McIntyre actually was upset, not necessarily about seampunk, but that he was actually just kind of upset that night. He was upset. He slammed his locker, he went home in his ring gear. He was throwing things around a little bit and huffing and puffing, and we knew that he was actually upset. We didn't know what he was actually upset about. That wasn't a shoot, however, the seth Rawlins was a shoot, and he's really hamming it up like he's mad. Here's how you know is fake Michael Cole's holding him back.
Speaker 2: I mean that was Yeah, that was weird, and that's what kind of sucks is all the interviews that Rollins had given made it feel real, right, like I'm glad he's gone, that guy's a cancer, this and that. Like saying all that stuff on the air. It made it feel real. So that's a shame if if Meltzer figured out that it was fake, because then that means there, that means the storyline is going to be He's going to go after the World Heavyweight Championship sets title, and I don't care about that story. Yeah, I don't care about that story. And if it was real, Seth would never give him that shine, he would never give him that match. If that's how you know, if they wrestle, then it was all bullshit and every interview he gave was fake. And I really hope that's not the case. They would have just kept them separated.
Speaker 3: The ww's big enough that you're not sharing too much of a space with each other. You can avoid people you don't. Oh, they do it all the time. They do it all the time. What I will say is the positive of cmpunk coming back really shows the Vince is gone, doesn't it. It really proves that that time so much.
Speaker 2: Tress on Punk when I worked there, Man, he was like he doesn't look like he can kick anybody's ass. Why we're pushing this guy like he was so not a guy at it.
Speaker 3: It shows that Vince is not creative anymore, which is also a nice little green light to maybe some people coming over for other places, like Sasha Banks. You know, Ricky Starks has a great relationship with with Cliff Compunk, so you know, you could see a lot of that. I could see that this this is just a good sign that Vince is not proof that Vince is not creative anymore. How about this though? What if this is? This is such an unsanctioned Thursday idea for what wouldn't it be great if the big reveal over at ae W that the Devil was seeing Punk, like what if he was? And the entire time that he was gone, they were just kind of plotting this storyline having a guy wear the devil mask, acting like, you know, just until they could get Punk back, and then they surprise all the wrestlers and they surprise all the fans that it's actually CM Punk under the Devil mask. That would have been the hugest, funniest, silliest thing ever.
Speaker 2: I would have loved, loved, loved it. But it tells their story by signing with w W either like, oh well no, no, I meant if I meant if he if he didn't sound out to be a feud of just like, that would have been the big revealed dude.
Speaker 3: People would have lost their minds.
Speaker 2: I felt bad for aew on Saturday. Man, they must have just been buried with that pay per view and with Punk debuting there and then they just have Collision on It must have been their last number ever it is. I still watched Miro Russell Daniel Garcia, though I watched all of it, you know, I was like, yeah, that's a good ass match.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: It was the first time Garcia did the dance thing where I liked it because he was like doing it de Lana.
Speaker 3: I got that the punk stuff is tricky. It is, dude, I'm not a punk guy. I've never been a punk guy. That doesn't mean I'm a hater necessarily. I mean sometimes at times I guess I am. But what I will say is that he I am here for the drama. I love that kind of stuff. So for that reason, I'm glad he's back. I'm glad what's happening. I think I love a little shakeup. So this this is it's exciting for me in that way.
Speaker 2: It's tricky. I hope they can make it work. They couldn't make it work in aew because his body couldn't stay healthy, so the storylines were getting cut short. When his body was healthy, the storylines were good, like with MJF. So I hope that he doesn't work too much. It's going to be unfortunate for someone or multiple someone's TV time because they're going to lose a lot while he's there, so there'll be some frustrated talent. But Cmpunk is Cempunk and he commands a lot of attention, so I hope they have a story for him. I really hope it's not I want the World Heavyweight championship that Seth has because that just buries all the interviews that Seth ever did, But that probably the way it's gonna go. I wouldn't last Punk, though, I guess the moment he does, though you kind of know it's fraudulent, So I don't know.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: I hope that they try something different, but you never you never know. Man Hunter's been doing a good job. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt unless it's stinky. I'll call it when I see it. Any closing thoughts you want to say before we get out of here, sir.
Speaker 3: Well, I will say that Big Bill over at ae W with your boy Ricky Starks, Yeah, is bag baby. I love Big Big Fan, and I wish that Ricky Starks would work on his improv a little bit, because anytime Ricky Starks would try to pop in a quick line after Big Bill, then it would kind of like it, it didn't work, and then he would get back to the stuff that was scripted and it was great.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Anyways, he's money when it's scripted. When he's had time to think about it, he can do some good stuff. Man, He's hired to look out for the luff and they need an improv specialist to help teach them.
Speaker 3: Oh something like that, because it was it seems like I'm trying to think of the example so I don't just sound like a crazy person. Big Bill named all the bulls. He was saying, like, listen, you think you're blah blah blah. But I don't see Dennis rob Man. I don't see Tony kok Coach. I don't see Bill Wellington. I don't see and he names all these things. He goes because you aren't any of those guys. You're the guys who get the bubblegum ra ed for Michael Jordan when it's pregame or you know. He does this great kind of a basketball analogy, and I think Ricky Starks thought would be funny. He goes, I don't know any of those guys because I don't watch sports, but you.
Speaker 2: Can't ever reject the premise. Yeah, first rule of improv. You can't ever reject the premise. Even if you don't know, you have to know.
Speaker 3: Then he goes, and he goes and I know they're all pretty good, and you're like, what, like, what do you know? Those are the secondary guys to Jordan Like so he kind of like by not knowing the sport, then watched the joke.
Speaker 2: But improv's hard, dude, it profs hard. That's why that girl Flow makes so much money because he was one of the best. We'll end on Flow because that's a great place to end. Make sure you tune in every Wednesday and Thursday for Wrestling with Friends and unsanctioned Thursdays. Let us be your favorite podcast. Tell your friends and if you do you'll be our favorite listeners. I'm Matha Jeff, I'm Freddie, Prince, Junior h we Out. This has been a production of Iheart'smichael Toura podcast Network. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.