Speaker 1: From Los Angeles and.
Speaker 2: One and only world famous Perez.
Speaker 1: Perez Hilton.
Speaker 2: My friends, Welcome to the php on Booker. That, of course is Perez Perez. What's coming up?
Speaker 1: This is gonna be one of our best shows ever, and I think we might have too much. So if I tease something and we don't have enough time to get to it, I'm sorry, but we're gonna try to squeeze as much as possible into our show today, including some explosive ben Affleck news which might not surprise you. Also Blake Lively taking more heat, and she's also doing something surprising allegedly talking about someone we haven't in a while, which I love. That is Brittany Mahomes, the wife of Patrick Mahomes, the NFL quarterback, and some d that she's found herself in. Also some Taylor Swift updates, Chapel Roan more on her even and a lot of people are not loving her over the weekend. I'll explain why Drew Barrymore haven't spoken about her in a while either. Zoe Kravitz. I don't think we've actually ever talked about Zoe Kravitz on the podcast, So excited for newness. Also justin Bieber, Britney Spears, Sabrina Carpenter, and Moore. I went to go see Boy George over the weekend. A lot of fun. They're working on a Boy George movie, so I'm curious to see how that turns out. You know, it could be Academy Award winning and I almost wanted to tell him I want to I could be Boy George.
Speaker 2: They wanted to be successful.
Speaker 1: Hey, I think I'm too old. I'm too old. They need somebody in their like late twenties or maybe early thirties.
Speaker 2: Timothy shallimeg will probably be doing that.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, he'd be amazing. Actually, I would love that. Anyways, how was your weekend? How are you good?
Speaker 2: I had a long weekend. I went to Yamava Casino to see Sublime. Oh wow that show. So it was yeah, great weekend.
Speaker 1: Good times. All right, Well, let's stop wasting time and get right to it. According to an explosive new report, Ben Affleck already has a new woman in his life. And I have so many thoughts about this. First of all, you and so many others were, Oh, Jennifer Lopez, She's gonna have a new man by next week. Oh, Jennifer Lopez. Well, actually it's Ben Affleck who has the new person.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, I don't think he has a new woman. Yes, do you think it's a relationship.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm going to share my thoughts. I actually do think it might be a relationship.
Speaker 2: And this guy was on the dating apps before. Okay, my bet he's back on them and banging chicks.
Speaker 1: Well, according to the report, he's been spotted with a Kennedy. Kick Kennedy, the daughter of RFK Junior. She's thirty six years old. Ben's in his early fifties. J Lo's in her mid fifties, and she's an actress. Kick Kennedy. She also this might be very appealing to him. She does have social media, but she barely is on it. In fact, I went to check her Instagram and she had not posted in over a year. So to him, that's probably a huge plus because sure, you know, he's super private, hates everything public. And according to the report, this is why I think it's more than just stooping and why I think you're wrong. According to the New York Post, page six, they've been spotted together in public numerous times. Wow, if you're just fucking someone, you're doing that privately. But if you're going out into the world with someone, that tells me two things. It tells me it's more than just sex. And it tells me you've been hanging out for a while now. And if that's the case, if they've been hanging out for a while now, I don't know what a while means. It could be a few weeks, it could be a few months. It could have been during his marriage and they weren't separated yet. With Jennifer Lopez, I think this actually explains why j Loo went and filed for divorce herself. She found out about Kick Kennedy and it was like a kick to her and she got real mad and decided, well, shit, I've been trying to save my marriage.
Speaker 2: I don't think she's been trying to save her marriage.
Speaker 1: Well fine, okay, fine, maybe not. But she found out about this woman.
Speaker 2: That could have been the straw that broke the Campbell's back when she found out that, hey, this is going to be because she would get the heads up, you know what I mean, Like, if it's TMZ or whomever reporting, Yeah, don't you think for a second that they're not calling her camp to tell her what is about to hit the fucking wire. So to your point, that very well could be true. Also, they could be working on a project. Who knows, maybe this girl's going to get into politics.
Speaker 1: But if I mean okay to play and listen, I do like to be fair, you know. I take what I do very seriously to play Devil's advocate, to be the booker for a second, it does raise a red flag to me that the page six article about Kick Kennedy and Ben Affleck didn't have a lot of details. It just said the polo and that's it. And other hotspots. Okay, what other hotspots are they spotted at? Where else have they been?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: But it could just mean that Kick Kennedy's best friend blabbed and didn't know exactly where they had been out to. But they did know that they had gone to the Polo lounge at the Beverly Hills Hotel. So I can't totally dismiss it. I think it's a fifty fifth It could possibly be true, and fifty percent could not be true.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I just God so quickly to be out even he would think the optics of.
Speaker 1: That, But that's what I'm faking.
Speaker 2: But then again, and I'm not saying they're boning because it's that's almost kind of crass. But he likes women, he likes to date, he likes to go out with girls. He's been on dating, he's on that riot. Would it be shocking? No, But dating it seems like a strong word.
Speaker 1: But when you're Ben Affleck, if you're going to date somebody or if you're going to hang out for the first time, you can do that at your house.
Speaker 2: Now he's not going that. Like I said, when you're a dating app person, you don't give up. Fuck you're horny and you just want to get laid and you want to have sex with other famous people.
Speaker 1: If you just want to get laid, you do that at your house.
Speaker 2: Well, no, you still got to go out. You got to make the effort. You can't just be like, hey, come up and fuck Ben Affleck. And don't get me wrong, there's plenty of fucking girls in this town that have probably done that already. But I don't know. If she's a Kennedy, she sounds like she's probably got something going on. And look, I think this is like beyond wild spectrum.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't know. I can't dismiss it. I think it's fifty to fifty could possibly be true. And actually this is a good question, a good topic for women, you know, like if you're on this exclusive dating app and you see Ben Affleck and if he says I want to meet at my house because I don't want to be very public right now, would you meet him at his house or would you be worried that he just wants to have sex? What would you do? I'm so curious. Eight hundred seventy one one one eight five.
Speaker 2: We have regular people listening. He's banging famous hot chicks.
Speaker 1: Well, who cares? There are normal women.
Speaker 2: Too, No, they're not, none of them are. She's a Kennedy, She's real close to normal.
Speaker 1: But I know plenty of Quote connected women that are not famous that are on Riot Connected.
Speaker 2: How many of our listeners do you believe that are on RIA?
Speaker 1: A good amount? Maybe I don't know. Zierra Jesus said they were such a negative Nancy.
Speaker 2: It's a website for people that have to be approved because they're in the business. How many people do you think are in the business listening to our shows?
Speaker 1: A lot? A lot. We have a lot of listeners in Los Angeles anyways, they could put themselves in the situation. I'm just curious because they would. Also it would also explain why he would feel compelled to leave his house, like if it was somebody that or.
Speaker 2: Could just be a meeting, or he went out to hang out with somebody and some girl walked into the room, and you know how this works. That person's instantly dating Ben Athletic. That's how this town works. Please, I'm buying nothing until I see it with my own two eyes.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, I'm not discounting it. I think, like I said, the odds are in my book are fifty to fifty.
Speaker 2: Well, the odds are that, yes, he probably is doing some stuppen. I think that's a hunderd percent. Okay, I don't believe that means he's dating anyone.
Speaker 1: I remember. I think it was early June. Like the first outlet to report of trouble between Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez that was credible was like I think in Touch or Life and Style. But I dismissed them. I was like, this is ridiculous, and then they ended up being right, So I have to at least consider it. And that's what we've done. Speaking of factual information. Though, Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez have a new movie coming out. He is not acting in it, so it's not technically a g Lee Part two. He's one of the producers on it. She is acting on it, and she's also, in addition to starring in the movie, a producer on it, and so is Matt Damon. He's a producer on the film too, and it premieres next month at the Toronto International Film Festival. Interesting, should she not be professional and not show up to the premiere of this movie that she's starring in and producing.
Speaker 2: No, she has that job to do. That's a job to do and pre existing work you have to do. But outside of that, my gripe is, don't be walking around the fucking Hamptons with your handbag collection calling the paparazzi like everything's fine. That's what I'm saying. Stop doing movie premiere. She's supposed to be at movie premiere, so no, that's my take.
Speaker 1: All right. Well, it's also been reported that Ben Affleck will not be going. No, he's fucking not going, so there won't be any awkwardness on the red carpet.
Speaker 2: Matt Damon will handle that one.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, but I don't get that. Yes, it has been reported that Matt Damon is going, but he doesn't even need to be there, Like, who cares? We don't need him there.
Speaker 2: When you are a producer and those two are, they don't want to bomb on their hands. They wanted to succeed. I'm sure they wouldn't have signed on for it. I guess their names on it. So, like I said, Matt Damon will report for.
Speaker 1: Dude he is. Yeah, he's expected to be there. So we'll see j Lo with her brave face on doing what she does, all right. Also getting a lot of attention is the wife of Patrick Mahomes, Brittney Mahomes. I don't want to speculate. I don't know anything about her beliefs, but I will just share what we know. There was a post on Instagram about Donald Trump's agenda. I couldn't see it originally because Donald Trump true story, true story before he became president. Donald Trump blocked me on Instagram. Congratulations, thank you so. Brittany Mahomes liked this Trump post and a lot of Taylor Swift fans noticed and they were roasting her for it, you know, like how could Taylor be friends with this Trumper like instantly assuming that she likes Trump. I mean, it's not a big leap to assume that she might like or support Trump. She did like a post of his agenda of what he wants to do and support, so I don't give a fuck if she likes that. I also don't you know. Also, I'm a weird person, Like I'll like almost every single post on my feed. It doesn't necessarily mean that I like what they're saying.
Speaker 2: And I wonder how many times I've done the same thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And one of the things I love the most about Taylor Swift is she's been doing this for about twenty years and she's pretty loyal, although she's had falling outs of people, so she's not the most loyal and it happens people have falling outs.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, she could have been done wrong.
Speaker 1: Is no church or yeat. So, But if she's friends with somebody and or likes somebody, it doesn't matter to her if that person is not liked by the general public.
Speaker 2: Because the general public cannot stand burtnany Mahomes. Really, yes, people do not like her. She's super annoying. I didn't know that football fans can't stand her, and I have a feeling a lot of Taylor Swift fans can't stand her.
Speaker 1: Oh well. Over the weekend, Taylor through a big, star studded party at her Rhode Island mega mansion. Travis Kelcey was there as well, so as a lot of famous folks, which we'll talk about even more in a second, but also there were Patrick and Brittany Mahomes. Right after everything that happened, you know, you know what the fuck was Taylor gonna do? Uninvite them? No, you can't do that. Liking a tweet an Instagram post? Yeah, no, whatever, I was not bothered that she liked that. I've said this before, like after making it through twenty seventeen through twenty twenty one, you know, those four years that Donald Trump was in office, I've realized it all doesn't matter as much as I think it does. I mean, it still matters, it does matter, but we'll get through whatever we have to get through.
Speaker 2: Democracy wasn't at playback then now it is. I mean, what read Project twenty twenty five. He's got the Supreme Court justices that makes the president immune from anything. The president can just say this is the law, and now I have the votes, I can do whatever I want. So, no, it is a lot different now your vote is a lot different than it was back in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 1: We'll see.
Speaker 2: I agree with you. It used to be like, eh, so what somebody different's going to run the country. This country's going to look a lot fucking different if he wins.
Speaker 1: Well, he said that he's not affiliated with that.
Speaker 2: Yes, he is affiliated with it.
Speaker 1: Okay, I welcome all of our listeners.
Speaker 2: On welcoming anyone. I just don't want anybody to be disillusioned by what's being put in front of you. Democracy is literally at stake. Your rights are literally at stake. You want to have somebody telling you what you can do with your body?
Speaker 1: Cool?
Speaker 2: Vote for him?
Speaker 1: I'm not nor am I all right? Also at Taylor Swift's house over the weekend was Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds. And just like Brittany Mahomes, you know, Blake Lively is not having a good month of August. In fact, she's having a worse month of August than Brittany Mahomes. And despite a lot of people, maybe even the majority of social media not being on Blake Lively's side, Taylor still said come to my party. I want you there. So she and Ryan Reynolds were up in Rhode Island and having a good time. And and I love that Taylor doesn't give a fuck. She's friends with who she wants to be with. And they were there. And speaking of Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds, there's this one story that's gotten a lot of legs, which I don't believe it. It was a story that originated from that dou mois Oh.
Speaker 2: I already don't believe it, but it's a.
Speaker 1: Lot of people are talking about it. Apparently there have been sightings or gossip or rumor that Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds are moving to Charlotte, North Carolina to get away from Hollywood. But they don't even fucking live in Los Angeles, first of all. And secondly, they live in like somewhere in secluded New York, like not New York City, but like an hour drive or two hour drives. I don't know exactly how long it is, so like they're already living that kind of life. Why would they move again?
Speaker 2: Weather Probably Charlotte's great I love Charlotte, great city.
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess if that's the reason. Sure, right, fine weather.
Speaker 2: But weather, that's my guess. Winter sucks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but Charlotte, North Carolina still gets cold too.
Speaker 2: Doesn't get that cold still the South. I lived in Martle Beach, so it's snow and too often in Charlotte.
Speaker 1: All Right, Well it's a possibility. I don't know if I believe it. There we go, just sharing that. Zoe Kravitz. I'm excited about this because I don't think maybe in passing we might have mentioned her, We might have perhaps just mentioned she got engaged to Channing Tatum.
Speaker 2: Well, there's never been anything really sticky about her.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, this is interesting because it's not even about her. It's about her mother, Lisa Bonet. Old people remember her because she was a popular TV actress in the eighties and nineties. She was in The Cosby Show and a Different World, and she was an IT girl in her era.
Speaker 2: To me, she's the hottest girl on the planet. When I was a kid, I was literally obsessed with Lisa Bonett. She was like my first love, and then my second love I think was Sydney Crawford.
Speaker 1: So Zoe Kravitz just came out with new movie. It's called Don't Blink Twice, and she co wrote it I believe, or might have written it entirely by herself. But she wrote it and directed the movie Big Deal right, and her fiance Channing Tatum stars in the film. Zoe's dad, Lenny Kravitz, was there for the premiere and her mother was not got the premiere. That's a big red flag to me. I understand. I believe she lives in Hawaii now and the premiere was in Los Angeles. But I don't give a fuck. And I know she has younger children with Jason Momoa. Get a babysitter or bring the kids along, But I'm not missing my daughter's big premiere.
Speaker 2: What was there a reasoning?
Speaker 1: Not that I've heard, no, So.
Speaker 2: Maybe she didn't want it to come, you know, maybe there was some reason.
Speaker 1: Lenny Kravitz was there, her dad was there. I think that's weird. If that were my daughter, I would be there personally.
Speaker 2: Maybe she's been to a lot of things before and Zoe didn't find this to be that important. It may be important to you, but it may not be that important to her.
Speaker 1: I guess I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, if there was a reasoning like, hey, I didn't want to be near Lenny where the parents don't.
Speaker 1: Get along, they get along.
Speaker 2: The conversations about them were interesting. When she talks about her mom, that she felt badly that she went to her dad when she was a kid, and she wished that she wouldn't have done that because her mom apparently was pretty strict and didn't want her doing a lot of things. And then she decided, Hey, I'm going to go live with dad. Oh, from what it sounds like, Dad was kind of an absentee dad at those formative years. And so what I heard Zoe talking about was that she had regrets that she didn't spend as much time or maybe listen to her mother as she should have. She didn't like lean into it that there's any animosity today because of it. It was almost more like it was her regret, not her mom's regret. Who knows a family dynamic, it's hard to tell.
Speaker 1: Well, that could explain why Lisa Bonet wasn't there. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe who knows?
Speaker 1: All right, Well, that's interesting. Also interesting, we spoke about Chapel Rone, I believe on the last Monday's show, Right, chapel Rone began the week and ended the week the same way, complaining about being very successful right now and what comes with that and fans that cross lines. And at first I was a little confused why she felt the need to release another statement because she had already expressed herself in two videos, But I think those were very emotional, and the written statement I think just well, I'm just confused because the response that I saw originally seemed overwhelmingly positive, Like I don't think she got a lot of blowback or criticism for expressing her thoughts. But this statement, while doubling down on everything she said, also expressed a lot of gratitude to her fans. She repeatedly said that she's very grateful, So I think maybe that's it, Like she just wanted people to know that she really appreciates them and is very serious about this. And I think she's just trying too hard to be this person that she's not anymore, Like she's not Ann chapel Roone anymore, right, And she can't go back. Unfortunately, maybe she can if she just like quits, but I don't think she wants to. She said she doesn't. She wants to have a long career.
Speaker 2: I think you can. I think you can guide the narrative. Put it that way. She is a big thing, but she's making it very clear from the beginning that she wants to be one thing and not the other. Right, Like I want to be a musician and I want to make stuff for you, and I want to be the best person on stage for you. But that's all you get from me. And I think drawing that line in the sand and this climate in this world is acceptable. Like I have zero percent problem with even her feelings and thoughts about it, and I don't think it's even one percent shitty, Like, hey, fucking leave me alone when I'm out in public. We should. You know, these fan bases being online and chastising the artists because they did do this or didn't do that, or Taylor Swift didn't stop this person from coming to my part, you're fucking this person that, you know what I mean, It's like, fuck off. Like I'm gonna go live my life. So if you still want to be a fan, great, If you don't want to be because of it, great too. I'm just gonna continue being me. So I don't know, I got no problem with it. I think it's almost healthy that she's talking about it. Yeah, she's not like an athlete where she has to do a press conference, you know what I mean, Like, there's none of that. It's a little bit different.
Speaker 1: She's in control. Everything that she that she does, she chooses to do or not to. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Right, and hey, when you become this big, it's kind of a luxury, you know what I mean, because on your way up, when you have managers and their job is to make you happen, because that's what you've told them, Hey, make me happen. You go to every opening of an envelope, and you do all the things, and you're a willing participant on all of it. She's just like, I've kind of done all that shit. I'm done. I'm not doing that anymore. I have no interest in doing it. I just want to be an artist. So I don't know, I weirdly respect that. I kind of weirdly respect that out of Doja cat too. You don't have to be so rude about it.
Speaker 1: Beyond rude, I don't like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you know, fuck, it's her prerogative. Like I always say, you don't have to fucking listen to any of these people.
Speaker 1: Well, I hope. I don't know if I feel like she's been reluctant to do this, but I really hope Chapel Roone has a security team now, oh sure, I don't know. I don't know she needs one, So hopefully she gets that. Okay, she's on a label. This isn't their first disco, right, that's not the label's responsibility.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, but it's the label who will tell her show her the ropes. It's just part of being on a label.
Speaker 1: Now, that's the manager's responsibility.
Speaker 2: The labels management. You're part of the machine, is my point. She's in the machine. It's not like she's some fucking girl that they just plucked out of nowhere. Yeah, she's in the system, that's all.
Speaker 1: But she might be fighting back and not want security.
Speaker 2: You know, that would be a mistake.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 2: I doubt that.
Speaker 1: Drew Barrymore congratulations to her. Her talk show has been picked up for two more seasons. It's kind of like, you know, not really a hit, but it's chrugging along, so it's yes, it is a hit, you know, right, it's not a di It's like, I'm shocked it's still on the air because it's not bad. It's not good either.
Speaker 2: It's just cheap daytime program is That's all any talk show is.
Speaker 1: Or same with you know, Jennifer Hudson like that shows not bad but not good either. The only good one that's like I think the Kelly Clarkson shows great and she's great on it, so that one's doing well. Daytime such a different world than it was back in the day.
Speaker 2: But it's completely different for what it is now.
Speaker 1: Kelly Clarkson's doing the best in that format. So congratulations to Drew Barrymore. And she says she addressed the whole her being too touchy feely and says that she's going to try to practice physical distancing this coming season, and she knows that it's not her strong suit, and she knows that being so close and touching people is not everybody's favorite, and she's sorry to them.
Speaker 2: She's been famous since she was literally a child, and rules are norms put it that way, you know, have never applied to her. She's never went to an HR meeting before. All that stuff gets peeled away over time at work and workplace behavior. And we see it because well maybe not you, but I see it because I've had so much of this training over the years that they hammer into your heads about how to greet people, talk to people, touch people. So it is kind of funny, but maybe she's taken those tests now good.
Speaker 1: She also tries to explain it away, saying that she began her talk show during the pandemic alone in the studio, so you know, when she got people in the studio, it just with a different experience for her.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyways, A little palate Cleanser an interesting post that I saw online that got tons of feedback. There is this new trend, maybe not a trend, but some people nowadays are asking their wedding guests to pay for themselves to go to their wedding right, And then I was like, oh, this is an interesting concept. And I saw the comments, and ninety plus percent of the comments were critical of that. If you're asking your guests to do that, then have a smaller wedding or don't have a wedding. I'm not bothered by that.
Speaker 2: I'm not either. If you don't like it, don't exactly, and it's in lieu of a gift, exactly gift anymore. You don't to worry about shit like, hey, do I want to support my friend and it's going to cost whatever, two hundred bucks. Sure I was coming anyhow, So yeah, great, I'm now off the hook for a gift and everything else. I think it's gesus. I think it's just it's against the norms and people haven't thought it through. How much of a good idea.
Speaker 1: I think it's a great idea. Yeah, I agree, And that couple's not in debt, you know.
Speaker 2: Right, So if any listeners want to come to my wedding, it's a thousand.
Speaker 1: Oh that's just crazy. You ever been at it?
Speaker 2: Hut, Nope, they want to come, they don't have to come.
Speaker 1: I did read though, that the average price of a wedding guest to pay for that person is like over three hundred dollars. Actually, you said it's a lot of you said two hundred. No, the average is about three hundred.
Speaker 2: I mean a book a place in Los Angeles, like I was, I was looking at a place here. We've been looking at a couple of places. You know, the average is coming in. And by the way, we're not doing a wedding, We're just doing a fucking party, Okay, Like there's none of the fucking regormarole of I do and standing around and breaking glasses or whatever. The fuck. We just want to have a party. I mean, it's like fifty thousand dollars. I'm like, if that's what she wants, i'll pay it. But she's like, that's not what I want. I'd rather fucking build a deck than spend fifty thousand dollars on a wedding. It's hard in La everything's very expensive here.
Speaker 1: You gotta do it in Vegas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's on the table. So we met, all right.
Speaker 1: Congratulations to Justin Bieber. He and his wife Hayley welcome their first child into the world, Jack Blues, a boy.
Speaker 2: But who cares? It's a fucking middle name.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, that's true.
Speaker 2: Billy Eilish's middle name is fucking pirate. It is Billy Eilish's middle name is pirate. No, I don't believe that, all right, look at I'm.
Speaker 1: Looking at it right now. Oh my god, you're right, Billie Eilish, Pirate. Baird O'Connell, What.
Speaker 2: The hell the best middle name I ever?
Speaker 1: Pirate? What the hell was?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Who's the talking one? Penn or teller? Penn right? Yeah, Pendulumny. Yeah, his daughter's middle name is crime fighter. So he said, you know, if my daughter ever gets pulled over, did you hand the license to the cop. The CoP's like, eh, crime fighter, you know, and you're gonna let him off of a ticket. I think that's genius.
Speaker 1: Well, congrats, happy for them. Also some wacky not wacky, but it was wacky to me. Leah Michelle, formerly of Glee. Just a day and a half after Justin Bieber announced that he had his baby, she announced that she gave birth to her second child. And my first thought was interesting timing, Like, you know, when you're a celebrity, you care about getting pressed for baby announce Vince, and like I would have maybe waited until Wednesday because nobody's going to give her as much attention as they're going to give Justin Bieber and his baby. And secondly, but do people even care because Leah Michelle is like semi canceled but not so, I don't know. It's another girl, her second daughter. Congratulations to her. Also some statistics. I love it. This is empirical information, it is factual, It is numbers. Congratulations to Kamala Harris. She gave it to Donald Trump where it hurts him the most In viewership. Her DNC speech was watched by about five hundred thousand more people than tuned in to watch Donald Trump address the Republican National Convention, So about twenty nine million people watched Kamala. And already there's some haters being likely. Yeah, people were just watching because they were waiting for Beyonce. They were wait, we were waiting. People were waiting for Beyonce. They thought that Beyonce was going to come out where and then Beyond didn't show up.
Speaker 2: So, you know, I think you're given even that night, if you look at the overall numbers, it was something like thirty nine million people to twenty three million people. It like wasn't even close what watched the DNC versus the RNC. By the way, I don't think this means anything other than people want to check out what she has to offer, what that administration would look like. And I think they did a nice job. The whole Beyonce thing was silly, like the last thing they need is another fucking celebrity up there. You know, Oprah was already, as I said, way too much. I mean, all the backlash they got for Oprah and Bill Clinton was like, and I get Bill Clinton. You get an ex president up there, but Oprah doing her fucking used car sales through it was beyond annoying.
Speaker 1: I love Oprah. Also, speaking of statistics and numbers and congratulations, congratulations to Sabrina Carpenter. Holy hell wow. Her new album is easily going to debut on the Billboard Album chart next week, and it's projected to move between two hundred and eighty and three hundred ten thousand units, which for twenty twenty four is major. And also, as I've mentioned repeatedly, she's been making music for a long ass time, which I love that for her, Like it's been a slow build. Her last album, which had a baby hit with that nonsense song, it wasn't like a real hit. It was like a moderate hit. That album of hers peaked at number twenty three. You know, it didn't even crack the top twenty.
Speaker 2: I mean even twenty three is pretty impressive in this climate. Yeah, you know, I listened to the whole album. It's really interesting. It's wild because it's like old school, because it doesn't happen very often that you put out an album and it's already a hit, you know what I mean. But she's had two hit songs on it, and then I started with the first track is Taste or Start to Taste, Yeah, and I'm like, well, this is a fucking hit song. I was like, this is good. So already I've heard three great songs and I'm ten seconds into the album. There's one song that's got tar at the beginning, and maybe you're old enough to remember this, but maybe you're not. It's a total ripoff of the authority song by John Cougar Mellencamp. The guitar riff is exactly the same, and it's funny because Jessica Simpson famously did John Cougar songs, so I thought that was kind of an interesting little take. But I like the album because I thought it was interesting. I like the production on her voice so much better than like even on Espresso. It's this the whole new thing of kind of everything's a diary, you know what I mean, like telling everything about your life, which I think is good for album tracks. Like I said, there's already three hit songs, so the rest can be album tracks where you're talking about your life and it's just these stories that she's telling. That quote aren't gonna be hit songs by any means. But they're great for fans because you're just telling your story, which is like a new thing. It didn't used to be that. Everything used to be shrouded in secrecy, like who's the person talking about and you never found out. Now it's like, oh, this is about that guy, and that's about this guy, and yeah, it's a whole different kind of way of doing things. I personally hate music like that because if a song doesn't mean something to me, I don't give a shit about it. Usually it's this whole reality show world we live in where we're all Taylor Swift's impact exactly, which sucks. Like I don't like this new album because it's all that like, ooh, this song's about that person and this song, I fucking hate that. I want to know what a song means to me. That's how a song is good to me. But it's just sort of a different way, or I wouldn't say a different way. After you've had three hit songs, you can kind of do anything you want on the album. Yeah, it's layered because it doesn't all sound the same.
Speaker 1: That's what I actually I don't like. I don't like that about it.
Speaker 2: Oh no, that's what makes it good to me. I like the fact that it's it's got layers to it. It's not all like Espresso Part three, Espresso Part four, this trying to be generic Part five.
Speaker 1: I like the album, but unlike the Chapel Roane album, Chapel Roone work you see Chapel Rohne's the perfect example. The Chapel rone album. Sonically it doesn't all sound the same, but she worked with just one producer on it, and the Sabrina it sounds a little too all over the place, like there's pop songs, there's like country ish songs. There's even some songs that like sonically like this is early two thousands, like R and B influence pop, you know, agree, And it was a little too much of that.
Speaker 2: I think, after you've give three hit songs, why not. I mean, it's like Beyonce's album even there's so many different things going on on that. But that's why I think it's great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I do like it. I like the album a lot, and I'm happy for her one last story. But before we get to that, a thank you to some new Patreon supporters and a programming note so you don't get frustrated. Or sad or upset. Next Monday is Labor Day. We're taking the day off. No episode next week, but we will do a Patreon show next week. So if you want to get your weekly phil of Us, sign up at patreon dot com. Slash Perez Hilton like Issa did, also Joanna Petree and Georgie Herford Jones, Zabrina Sarpele Des Decrinn and Maria ank Vist.
Speaker 2: Nobody's just like John Smith.
Speaker 1: Listening, Shanaid McGovern and Jillian Smith, Shah Japan and Abel the Pieces, Teresa Mobilo, all of you are superstars. Appreciate you so very much, and finally let's end things on a positive note as well. Very happy to hear this from Paris Hilton herself. She said that Britney Spears goes over to her house regularly. She says, quote, she loves visiting the babies. Brittany was over here a couple of weeks ago. She loves visiting the babies, especially little baby Phoenix. It's just so cute seeing her with babies. She just loves kids so much, That's true. I just like seeing Brittany doing normal things, normal shit and being with friends, and I love that all right, let's take some calls, Booker. I'm falling because I'm trying to listen to the news.
Speaker 2: Sabrina carp for.
Speaker 1: Your album, and you've ruined her for me and the production of it than her point you.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much. Well. I hope I changed your opinion by what I just said a few moments ago. I mean, I feel that a lot of the things were actually fixed and dealt with, and I didn't feel that the production was all muddied. Espresso is muddied to me, But outside of that, the rest of the record, I think they did a nice job mixing it much better than the first single.
Speaker 1: I still love Espresso.
Speaker 2: I don't want to act like espresso sucks. I totally get Espresso. I totally get it. It's just not my cup of tea though, just because I don't know it's the voice, and we've talked about this before. I get Espresso, though I've never I thought that it's like, wasn't a hit song. It's a hit song. It's a big fucking hit. But that please Please Plase is still that's like song of the year though.
Speaker 1: I love that one.
Speaker 4: Hey press, Hey Booker, this is Natalie from Chicago. I was just calling to chime in on the Blake Lively topic. I've been watching more and more of her videos or her interviews, and I never had an opinion on Big Lively prior to this, but after watching some of these interviews, she is super duper condescending. She's so rude. I just I don't like her. I'm not a fan and I would not want to.
Speaker 3: Work with her.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I think I'm team Baldoni on this one. Also, I just listened to a podcast that you mentioned like possibly traveling, and if you did, I would love for you guys to come to Chicago. Is that a possibility.
Speaker 2: My brother lives in Chicago. I love that freaking citing.
Speaker 1: I would love to do that. Yeah, I love Chicago.
Speaker 3: My name John Quinn. I'm in Montreal. I don't have an address or my emails compromised. I have a problem with Timothy Chalomey and John Mulaney just basically have been harassing me for a long time. I know such sounds unbelievable, but it.
Speaker 2: Sounds unbelievable to me that Timothy has been harassing her for a long time.
Speaker 1: No, I want to hear the rest of it.
Speaker 2: Yes, I know it.
Speaker 3: Such sounds unbelievable, but it's not. You can come and find me. I'm at take French courses, three French courses in the morning with a woman named Monique. If you find me, you'll find them. Timothy Chalomaye's real name is Manny lent them, Emanuel lent them and he ran away when he was fourteen, and that's when my interactions with him began. You can there's probably a record of him running away. It's a really bad situation. Less of a question, I guess, more of a tidbit. But if you want more, you can come and find me. Like I said, I don't have any access to phone or email because these guys have.
Speaker 1: How does she call us?
Speaker 2: Then she's probably on that uh ryah too, isn't she?
Speaker 1: That's Ben Affleck's new girlfriend.
Speaker 2: Everybody's crazy. Hey, we do need some new calls. Eight hundred and seven five. That is our phone number. We'd love to hear from you if you got a question about anything we talked about.
Speaker 1: Thank you all, appreciate you and hope to see some of you at patreon dot com. Slash Perez Hilton on Thursday, and we're taking next Monday off, have a wonderful Labor Day everyone.
Speaker 2: See you guys. Happy holiday,