Speaker 1: He is drink chests, motherfucking podcast makes He's a legends, every queen's rapper.
Speaker 2: He's agreed as your boy in O R eight's a Miami hip hop miyonaire.
Speaker 3: What Up?
Speaker 2: It's DJ e f N. Together they drink it up with some of the biggest players you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: And the most professional unprofessional podcast and your number one source.
Speaker 2: For drunk drink chants.
Speaker 3: Mo every day is New Year's c Listen, It's time for drink champs.
Speaker 2: Drink up, motherfuck? What it goodie? Hobody's gonna sen me. This your boy in R E What Ups?
Speaker 1: Dj e FN, This minna take me Crazy World Radio, drink Chimps, Happy Hour, make Something. And when me and e f N started this show, we always said we wanted to dedicate this show to the legends of legends. We wanted to dedicate this to icon, to tycoons, to people who have stood the test of time. I'm looking at this brother right now, this brother looking like fourteen years old. He's been he's been dominated, he's done, wrote produced on music. The brother of a legendary never leaved on the fact that he's the brother of his He's been holding his own ground on tour right now, kicking monkey foot motherfuckers.
Speaker 2: Do they face? Oh yeah, West Coast is in the building.
Speaker 1: We are celebrating fifty years a hip hop and I couldn't see no better way to celebrate the West Coast versions of the hip hop. It was my brother motherfucking worried Mother now Super just performed at the fifty year Anniversary Hippie although leminations be clear, because although that was like one of the official parties of fifty the Anniversary of hip Hop in Yankee Stadium, this wasn't the only party. It's a whole bunch of Because I listened to Charlemagne the Guard this morning and I'm gonna ask you this question, and he was saying that, you know, some people in the South felt slighted, people in the West felt slighted. Some people in the Midwest felt slighted. But sometimes, like when I see an icon like Snoop, to me, Snoop represents the whole West Coast, even though he probably does it like to everyone else. You know, I'm sure mag ten I saw ice Cube, but the one to participate as well. But I think that's what the people, the gatekeepers make a mistake, like they don't have flow Rider. They think that flow Rider will represent the whole Florida or the whole.
Speaker 3: Sounds yeah, and I think they tried.
Speaker 1: I think with hip Hop fifty the Yankee Stadium, people try to do what try to include everybody that they had connections to.
Speaker 2: You understand saying, but I saw that's a long asked question. How do you feel about the hip hop?
Speaker 4: Charlemagne had a really good solution for but it was dope the way it was done, you know, there at the Yankee Stadium.
Speaker 5: His solution, it was a good solution.
Speaker 4: He said, you know, let's keep it moving and then the South do a special fifty year reunion for the South, the West Coast do a fifty year thing for the West birthday for the West Coast, just.
Speaker 5: Like, you know, just everybody doing it.
Speaker 4: So it's one, you know, so everybody can feel good about it and say, okay, we did that. But even though all you motherfuckers is respected, well respected, and you are counted with this fifty years of hip hop, because.
Speaker 2: I ain't gonna watch you, I know, didn't go. I couldn't go, right. I was obligated to a couple of other things.
Speaker 1: But I was looking at the footage and I to come up, what's that word?
Speaker 2: Come up? Like, you know what.
Speaker 1: That was the first time I'm gonna be honest with you, and this is real talk. We are taught sometimes to look at a person and say, oh, that's only from the West Coast. Yeah, that was the first time I was like, look, look at how hips. I didn't say West Coast, I didn't say East Coast. I did just say black. I didn't say Puerto Rican. I was just like, look, I just looked at hip hop and I was I was like on Kane Instagram, I'm on Snow, I'm on everyone's Instagram, and I'm looking and I'm like, I was a kid. And at that moment, I didn't feel black. I didn't feel I felt hip hop. I felt I felt I didn't feel like a race. I felt like and it was just so dope. It was even. It was even dope to here Russell Simmons. Russell Simmons caught me at four o'clock. He's like, they forgetting DJ Hollywood, and I'm like, you're the only person.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's big. I heard about J Yeah, Yeah, that was big. Just thinking out there, I man, I mad Hollywood.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: One of my friends named Jamia Janea. She took me to the Rutger Wow and they laid it out for me.
Speaker 5: That was the.
Speaker 2: Year it was this this Oh wait, what year was that it was?
Speaker 4: It had to be it probably it's probably about maybe three or three or four years ago.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, so this is what I thought Hollywood from back then. Okay. The DJ.
Speaker 1: When he was he was okay and two okay, okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's why when I was like, damn, but they was telling me how much of an old gen.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah he was.
Speaker 1: Actually it was crazy about it and please hip hop historians. I got as close as I get. He was the person that kind of invented the word MC. What I mean with that by that is at this point people were djaying, but the DJ's, you know, they was getting people hype through the music. He was the first person to actually grabbed the mic and say, you know. One of his routines was one of my favorite records.
Speaker 2: I always try to do this record. Oh I've never successful.
Speaker 1: Was doing it tang I don't want to go sex to with my honey bun and give me something that you, I go to man, But let's let's gip around real quick. One of my favorite movies, Straight out of the Car. It has that famous chewing dre right where he gets kicked out?
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 4: I mean, uh you know, uh, you know he got put out.
Speaker 5: I think it was like he was nineteen Yeah around that time.
Speaker 4: Uh, I was just a little snotty nose kid, you know, just around just you know, looking up to him and both him and my brother Tyrae.
Speaker 5: Yeah back then. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Because I'm gonna tell you, man, out of all of what is it called Bayot films, to me, this was the best one. Now now can you answer this for me?
Speaker 2: Is it? Is it the best one?
Speaker 1: Because these brothers are still around so they can actually critique.
Speaker 2: Not everybody's going who else? Man?
Speaker 5: Uh? I?
Speaker 4: I mean there was some things in there in it that that I felt that should have been in there, that that wasn't in it. But you know, if they'd took the time to put everything in there, that movie probably.
Speaker 5: A week long, not an hour long.
Speaker 3: What parts you think we're vital that we're missing?
Speaker 4: I mean, not not anything to do with me, But it wasn't It wasn't like you know, I ain't like one of them people trying to smash.
Speaker 2: On it the story better than anybody else.
Speaker 4: Like you were, like the fun we used to have, well we we was in audio tievements. I was, like I said, I was a young buck around all those guys, just being in there having fun and what we talked about earlier with the live skits and stuff like that, just showing that whole that part right there, and different things that went on, you know, like when they was on the road when you know, like we was in San Diego one time and I got a chance to come out and see one of their shows, you know, like the stuff they was doing behind the scene, Like it's this little stuff like that, you know, but overall was it was still it was on point.
Speaker 3: How old were you when NWA took off?
Speaker 2: Uh? I had to be like, did you guys have two one three already?
Speaker 3: Like M.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, we can't.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, you know, like the beginnings of you guys.
Speaker 5: We was we was pups. You know, we was pups.
Speaker 4: We was we was just hearing it and and falling in love with and like I said, I used to get a chance to go up to the studio, so you know.
Speaker 2: I get I get to Yeah.
Speaker 4: I used to hang around and a lot of your achievements and and that's what even ship. I hung out so much that they took me and put me on a skit on Niggas for life. Remember the jail part with hey miss off to get your motherfucking hands.
Speaker 5: That was me.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I was a little pup.
Speaker 4: Uh, just just hanging in a round and uh two one, like he said, two on three came after that. Man, But we was hearing the world class recond clue Recond crew and the l A Dream Team and Ice Team.
Speaker 5: You knew that was your brother when you heard the world class.
Speaker 2: I was back in the day videos, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean we looked up to all of that, you know, me and snooping all of us, uh, even way back then. And one of the cold things that happened around that time. You know, dre used to have tapes when they would do music. I used to hear the ship before everybody else. So we used to sell candy, which is the Vultron Crew, which was in that I talked about in this DJ. The Vultron Vultron Crew that was our crew, and uh so what we would do was we would work. We would go sell candy for this dude named Steve. You know, just a bunch of young black kids working for this this cat take us out to all the rich areas to sell candy. So after that we would go to McDonald's that's from the Big Mac Value pack and uh.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that ship, that ship is cracking.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: We would be freestyling and having you know, battles and stuff in there.
Speaker 2: You know, even the twins they up in here.
Speaker 4: They was all of us, was even my own baby Poppa. When I say baby Poppa Chick, that's baby Poppa right there. We all came from Elementary King Park all that. So we we l yeah in Longwich, California. And uh so we used to freestyle and have fun and rap against each other in there, beat boxing the whole nine. So I remember Rized Dre song. It was a song called the Cabbage Patch. So these niggas in there busting like am upfugers. So it came to my turn. I was like, well, well, I was rolling down the street with my mind at ease. I had my top pool back to Waka Field to breach. Somebody called my name. I looked around. It was a freak on the bus stopped flagging me down.
Speaker 5: So I'm wrapping. They was like waring you are They heard a song and they was like, oh, nigga, you you you wrong? But ship I was still I was alright. I wasn't.
Speaker 4: Snoop was all. It was dope with Steve Snoop, the twin. They was dope. They used to freestyle, they ass.
Speaker 1: So it was a famous story about like how Fat Joe Fat Joel had a time where he could have signed himself or he signed punt and then everyone said how honorable Fat Joe was for doing that, But then everyone says that he wasn't the first one.
Speaker 2: Everyone says it was you.
Speaker 1: With Snoop that you had a chance to kind of like sign, but you said you wanted to put Snoop first.
Speaker 4: Well, I was always pushing for Snoop, you know. I mean I was pushing for all of us at the same time. But I was more of like I was like the who who could I think of?
Speaker 5: They used to be?
Speaker 4: I was just I was like very aggressive with with uh, with working with Snoop. You know, I wanted him because I'm dope, But he was he's dope.
Speaker 5: But you know, I'm just a story I'm a storyteller.
Speaker 4: I make it simple but to where people can relate to it real easy. And Snoop was busting all he was an MC was just that he was all of the above, and you know, I just that was just my thing. I just wanted to push hard for him to be successful, successful because I know if he blows up and be successful, he gonna snatch us up to it. The same time, even though we had a demo tape all together to the group.
Speaker 5: Yeah you know this this that was two on yeah. Yeah, And that's just that's just.
Speaker 2: How it was.
Speaker 5: Man, just wanting to push, just wanting to win and.
Speaker 1: Now, but that's honorable, like most people don't do that. Like most people actually they're selfish. Yeah, and they'll say, man, put so.
Speaker 2: But how you know.
Speaker 1: One of the things that I did and I felt great about my life was Fat Joe asked me to get in contact with jay Z for him, Like no one gets in contact with jay Z like.
Speaker 2: But I he was my one favorite with.
Speaker 1: Jay Z and I gave it to Fat Joe and then my life kind of changed from that because I guess God was testing me kind of made me feel like unselfish. So do you feel like that when you put snoop in front of you?
Speaker 2: Oh, this is your plan, you know.
Speaker 5: I'm that was.
Speaker 2: All the way through.
Speaker 4: It's just what came natural and plan for him to blow because that was my best friend and just pushing for my best friend and wanted to see him be successful because he his name was was was bigger than than me and Snoop Rock snow Brock Skate. I'm so glad they started calling me, what's that little yellow motherfucker on the character now with the snoopy snoopy and uh uh the look was stop.
Speaker 5: They started calling me. I was mad that mother said, now it ain't no goddamn wood stot.
Speaker 1: Okay, so let's let's let's let's let's let's bounce around a little.
Speaker 2: Bit, right.
Speaker 4: I had an incident like that where I'm gonna just say that's just when I did Indo smoke on the party, just the soundtrack. Brothers, Uh, you're saying that the samples Endo smoke, but the sample was was wrapped dirty by Blowfly Okay, cool Fly Deaf Jam had called and was and was inquiring about the guys on the song. So they called Paul Stewart and John Singleton called me. It was like one deaf jam is is you know, they want to talk to you. So I was like all right, cool, so we we're talking.
Speaker 2: And ship you say. John Singleton called you, and then Paul Stewart, Yeah, get away with that floor.
Speaker 4: So and so they called and they was they was, you know, acquiring about the guys on the record. So I was like, you know, okay, cool, I said, I produced it. You know that was that was a record. He was like, well it was. It was Chris Lighty, Tracy Waples, and Lee or Cohen. They was all on the phone talking to me. And it was like, uh uh, well we want the guy on the song that you know, he had all of the styles. So I was like, oh, okay, mister Graham, that's my guy. I'm gonna reach out to him and I'm gonna get put you in contact with his people, so you guys can you know, get it all together. So they said he had kind of like a singing type of seal to what he was doing. That's okay, I said, So you mean the second guy. So it was like, yeah, that guy said.
Speaker 2: Ship that's me.
Speaker 5: So it was like, yeah, I said, ship doesn't mean we won't you.
Speaker 4: So I was like, damn, I was. I was tripping out.
Speaker 5: I produced it.
Speaker 4: So I was like, Ship, I'm gonna produce all because he was my guy. You know, that was my guy, like my artist type, you know. And uh that was that was an example of of you know, I tried to push him before myself thinking about yourself.
Speaker 5: I wasn't. I wasn't. I wasn't thinking about myself.
Speaker 4: I knew I could get my shot by producing mister gam.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, let me ask you because now when I listen to the radio, I turned on the radio, I hear versions of Nick.
Speaker 5: Dag Oh yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Well all due respect to these new artists, I believe the first person I've really heard go into depth singing on the record was t J.
Speaker 3: Swan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Juice Crew.
Speaker 4: He got on another day saying he got he did a tribute to Biz.
Speaker 1: He was up there and after that the only person but who was hitting melodies because Swan was kind of like, I want to say, really.
Speaker 3: You know, people that were singing before didn't know what.
Speaker 1: Was actually nothing you can hear he went the church with his mom and you can hear that, and then.
Speaker 2: He was above He was what does that called ahead of your time?
Speaker 1: He was so ahead of his time that people now are hitting his melodies right now and they don't even know it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, did you know what had that? That? Uh? Another flight? No old that's that's yeah? Whoever wrote that?
Speaker 2: Hold up.
Speaker 5: Ship?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, big yes day yesterday? But did you did you?
Speaker 1: Did you think like, because like I mean, I'm not to call out anybody's name when I like God blessed, when I hear tea pain, I hear future, I hear rod wave, I hear like, who's these other guys out there? Even like the Travis Scott smelling and all that. Did you think like Nate's legacy would be this powerful?
Speaker 5: Definitely?
Speaker 2: He knew it.
Speaker 5: I knew it. He was just he was different.
Speaker 4: It was different than anything like that was like how Snoop and Drake is. That's how me and Nate is, you know what I mean? So anything I would bring up it. No, it don't matter what it was. I could put on some ship like a jazz tone that's like off balance and just crazy. He had come up with some ship to that ship. He had some scatting to that ship. You know, he'd do all kind of ship, but he'd be it'll be in a gangster way, you know, whether it's about a woman, he'd be scatting to talking about a woman, you know what I mean. And just he was just just dope. Anything that that you could put in his face. He would turn that ship into something to.
Speaker 3: It because there was nothing soft about that way.
Speaker 4: Saying he meant that ship was on there. He telling this, telling the real like the hardest man. It's one of his songs.
Speaker 5: I don't know if too many people heard that, but it's him. Uh, he's talking to third person.
Speaker 4: But the the person that's the third person is a gun. It's a gun telling him a story, and he's telling the story about itself at the same time, you know, because it's a little big man.
Speaker 5: Don't you see me lying here? Pick me up what he said, I'll make your life easier. God damn it.
Speaker 4: I can't remember the song off the words, all of it. But he say, after you finished doing what you doing, toss me and be gone. But just a gun talking to toss me and be gone.
Speaker 5: It's cold. You gotta hear this called the hardest man.
Speaker 4: But like I said, he was incredible man. And it was things like that that he could do along with being on any type of genre music and making that Ship Ahead record and they was incredible.
Speaker 2: Space of noise in the.
Speaker 6: So.
Speaker 1: So you know, one of the beauty parts, beautiful parts about me being an artist is me like to sit there and watch a producer create. Yeah, what is something that you need to create when you're in the studio?
Speaker 2: What do you need? Uh? Shit, what's the environment? What does it be like?
Speaker 4: I have me some beer, uh but uh some tequila.
Speaker 5: Uh, just you know, musicians and you know, just my friend. Actually, what I do is I call my friends later to come up.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: So I sit in there pretty much by myself for a while. Then I bring in the musicians to help out with parts that I know I can't get, and I just sit in that motherfucker all just just just putting everything together. And then I'll call everybody to come up, and then when they come in, I'll start playing ship and and it lets me know if I got some banging.
Speaker 5: But that's pretty much it. I give me it. I swore me a joint.
Speaker 4: I got the musicians there haveing some beers and tequila and food, and I just it just takes me to a take me into a in my records, in my turntable and my Mexic just sitting there vibing out and getting ideas. I love that ship too. I love it over the hell.
Speaker 5: I thought I didn't miss the studio to the other day, Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I went in. I was I can't ain't over there, never stopped. Let's talk about let's talk about the tours off the chain everywhere.
Speaker 4: We've been being sold out on me, Snoop Too Short, whizz Burner, d J drama, The Twins is out here with us and.
Speaker 2: The smoking laws going off everywhere. We getting.
Speaker 5: Lying damn I never God damn goddamn plans. But I can't take it. I give the ship away, like take this ship.
Speaker 2: Tired of it?
Speaker 1: Let me let me ask you, because you know, I was fortunate enough to be around when Death Row was around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm.
Speaker 1: Fortunate enough to see the transition from how everyone moved when they was on Death Row to kind of like grown men now, like everyone is kind of like I don't want to say adults, yeah, right, because everybody was young. I'm trying to think of a cooler word. Yeah, mature right, right, So what is the difference? What is where's warrg more comfortable when your guys was on the road, Because remember when you when you guys was affiliated death Row. I know he was always on death Jam, but you guys affiliated death Row. This this was the highest of the highest. This wasn't the highest of the West Coast. It was the highest in the world.
Speaker 2: Right. Did you have more fun then or you haven't more fun now? Uh? Where it's different.
Speaker 5: I had more fun then.
Speaker 4: I mean, I mean I have a ball now, but I had a I had a ball back then because.
Speaker 5: It was fun and dangerous.
Speaker 2: I gonna think it's funny dangers. That's just some shipping from the hood. Yeah like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, the anticipation of knowing, like Dan, we may bump heads over here.
Speaker 5: That okay, ship, it's on, you know, let's go.
Speaker 3: But you did bump beds over there all the time I've seen it. I don't know if it was anything you did. No, there's something about you was shuk right that you had to get out the out of the studio because she was the only.
Speaker 2: One I went to.
Speaker 4: I went to the Uh the Uh, it was a session. I want to go see Snoop and everybody. You know, I hadn't seen everybody in a minute, so I went up there, and uh it was a studio session. Everybody in that motherfucker partying and everybody doing tupacing, everybody, all of us. No Tupac wasn't in there was just it was, uh the dog Pound, Snoop, everybody, all our whole.
Speaker 2: It is the era of the throat. Yeah, okay, you knew dog Pound back then, because that was I've known all my life.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, Ship, I'll get in.
Speaker 2: I'm excited. I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: They came through the funk. The dog Pound came through the funk, the funk, that's right, Yes, indeed. So, uh we was in the studio. Uh well, I mean we bumped heres a couple of times.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: I ain't I ain't. I ain't like in the bashing the motherfucker.
Speaker 2: I won't.
Speaker 4: I ain't, I ain't gonna. I won't bash him. But nothing like that, because I know I've known them niggas, says Ship. When I was about fifteen years old. The first time I met him, I went to a wedding wild Yeah with Dray now way back Easy and.
Speaker 2: Drey bodyguard, right, they called him Marion back then.
Speaker 5: No, they called him ship back.
Speaker 3: Yes, but he was a bodyguard at first, right yeah, but uh and they started managing.
Speaker 4: He was around Bobby Brown and Easy, hanging around eating and you know, just cool nigga.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: Now, it was a situation that happened where you know, I came in the studio. You know, everybody's in there. You know, I was cracking on death Jam. Everything was popping, so you know, I'm thinking, all this, the ship is all good. So he was one of one of the one of my guys come in that I knew that was part of his His team was like, Warren should want to hoigher at you. So I was like, all right, cool, I'm coming in there. I'm just right here talking to all my guys. So we talked and he come in again like Warren should, won't you. I'm like, okay, I'm coming. Let me shalk from my guy. And then so he came in there.
Speaker 2: I was like, man, let me holler at you man. And I was like, we'll see what the fuck this nigga?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: God damn.
Speaker 4: So uh So I went in there uh, walked in, went in the room and once you know, we got in there at the door shuit, you know, another door came up. Yeah, another door came over from this side, and then it was a dude I knew came out.
Speaker 5: Was just like blood, you tried to set me up. So I'm like, huh, what the fuck? I looked like trying to set you up. This is my nigga too, like this is my guy.
Speaker 4: We used to drink, smoke together, all kind of shit from the from the beginning, like yeah, some bitches told me that. When he said some bitches, I said, oh, this nigg this is some bullshit because I don't even get down like that. So, uh, you know, so he wolfing, so they you know, going that day, he talking the sugar shit like blood you want you? This is just something like no, So I'm just chilling. So he like walk up on me like he tripping and just wamn, snap snatched my ship. Mind you, I had a forty clock on my hip. I could have pulled that motherfucker out and start busting. But I said, you know what, I'm like, shit, I can't. This gonna be the end of my ship, right, I'm gonna be done. All this shit gonna be done because they gonna be shot. I'm gonna be shot coming out because you've got a gang of motherfuckers on the out side, like banged out motherfuckers.
Speaker 5: You got police the whole none, So it was no situation.
Speaker 4: So one of my homeboys, Big Sea style, he came in, like, what's up, Like, what's going on?
Speaker 5: What's handling with warm? Why y'all fucking with warm?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 4: So they like no, no, no, no, they tell us, so why they talking? I hit that door now, boom, and I eased out that motherfuckering. I walked through the kitchen and I seen one of my homeboys or two of my guys. I looked at him like, nigga, these niggas tripping. I didn't want to alarm nobody. So I got to the hallway and I got ran up. I ran, but I walked out the hallway. So as I'm going down the hallway, he came storming out that motherfucker get that nigga blood. As soon as he said that ship, I took over playing. They niggas started running. All you seen was just like a like a like some dominoes just just fought.
Speaker 5: They failed, so I.
Speaker 4: Got I got a chance to get out that motherfucker. I jumped in my truck. I had a big ass uh uh. I think it was the Nalia truck or some big black motherfucker on big old knobbies. So I got in my goddamn truck. I backed that motherfucker. I was like, nigga, fuck yop Wolf took off and Uh. The whole thing about that is that I didn't know Dre had left, you know what I mean. So yeah, so I didn't know, but but that ship.
Speaker 2: Happened to me in there.
Speaker 4: But then I called my uncle. I said, run, some motherfuckers just snatched my chain.
Speaker 5: I was.
Speaker 4: I was mad as a motherfucker. I was like, he was like, give me, give me somebody's number one. So gave him out that He called Snoop and who was.
Speaker 2: That you called?
Speaker 6: Run?
Speaker 5: And he told him. He told him straight up.
Speaker 4: He said, look, if my neph if my nephew chain don't come out, that motherfucker, I'm gonna blow that motherfucker up. He's a special type of guy that like it's different, Like I'm talking Navy seal type. That's well, let me quick as I don't want to get you in trouble and uh uh Snoop called me like, get up, come get your chain.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: I said, hell no, nigga, I ain't going back up there to get that chain. Nig keep that motherfucking hold it. And when I see you, I get it. But the whole time I didn't know Drake left. I wish he would have called me, like, niggas go around that ship. Them niggas is tripping, you know. But some some of his homeboys had always tell me, like warning they own something else, you know, just kind of stay out the way.
Speaker 1: So let me ask you because because to me, you was inside up and that was like an outsider because you was wasn't signed to death Row technically right at one point again I'm outside of it. I'm looking at but this Death Row looking like the funnest fucking place, and the off the check like it went from it being like like like like like Queis' from Left Rock City, but pue Bridge is not too far away, right, bris is a wild ass neighborhood. Let me just tell you something. It's the funnest time life. It's a dangerous ass, but it's funn as fun to me looking from the outside, and I would look at that throw and be like, this is like a fun ass fucking lady. These guy's got perms, these guys CADILLACX. But then at what point did it go from not to stop being fun?
Speaker 3: Was it?
Speaker 2: I think?
Speaker 4: I think once the money started rolling in, you know, that's when everything kind of like started to change a little bit.
Speaker 3: Sorry, they didn't want to sign you at Death Throw.
Speaker 5: Ship, I don't I didn't get signed to him.
Speaker 3: They so, you know, I don't know what because there have been a thing that because you're at death Jam that they were like, well you should have been over here, like could.
Speaker 4: That after after after I got you know, the motherfuckers wasn't fucking with me. I was like, Ship, let me get out and do my motherfucking thing, you know, because it just, you know, it wasn't It wasn't right, you know.
Speaker 5: But like I said, we had a ball. Don't get me wrong.
Speaker 4: I have fun with Sug, you know a lot of you know, we had a lot of fun. We just bumped heads a few times. That wasn't cool.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 4: Another incident was where when we was young in the game at the Solar Studio, you know, and they pulled out the contracts and I was just like myself, I'm like, ship, you can't just sign this ship studio in the studio, so you can't go and sug.
Speaker 2: Just comes and brings out car.
Speaker 5: Well, we had been doing, you know, doing our things, so it was time for a chronic or no, huh are we working on a chronic? We was?
Speaker 4: What was we doing the chronic? I think we was doing the chronic there. So I told Snoop. I was like, ship, don't sign that ship, you know, don't sign that contract. Get a lawyer, you know. And one of my constituents went in there and told him that I told him not to sign it. So when he heard that ship, here he.
Speaker 2: Goes they.
Speaker 5: Then he came and he grabbed me and slammed me up against the wall.
Speaker 4: And uh, he was just like, blood, you told him not to sign that contract. And I was like, man, you better get your hands off me.
Speaker 2: He'll tell you.
Speaker 4: I said, I said, get your hands off me. I'm gonna call all my homeboys because back then I didn't care shit. And uh, I had one of my little buddies with me named Cisco. Cisco was a gunner, but he didn't have no gun on him. But I wouldn't have wanted him to shoot him or nothing like that, to do anything like that, because I wasn't you know, I'm not gonna let this mother let him shoot him. But he was that hot headed. But he couldn't do ship. This motherfucker this big and uh so I thought I was getting away. I wanted to hit the elevator. I thought I was getting away, but I couldn't do it. That's just we bumped heres a couple of times. So you know, that's probably probably what led up to me, uh not being a part of the whole thing, you know, because you know, when it was time to go on tour, everybody was straight, had they tickets. You know, I'm charged up, I had luggage and ship ready to go. I'm like, ship, I'm going with y'all, and uh I didn't have ship. You know, I didn't have nothing. At the airport, it was like you're not going. You know, you ain't going.
Speaker 2: So I was fucked up, like you wasn't going because you was with that jam or it was.
Speaker 5: Like, nigga, you're not going. Like even though I'm damn i'ven't been fighting with these niggas.
Speaker 4: We didn't have fun together all. That's like, nigga, you're not going I'm like, wow, you know who and who gave me a ride back gave me a ride home after that was uh member Breeze MC Breeze gave me a ride him and my homegirl tomorrow. They gave me a ride home from the airport that day. No, no, this is my homegirl tomorrow and from that day.
Speaker 2: So you were stranded on the road and they gave back home.
Speaker 5: I didn't have no way to get home, but she came. She was up there.
Speaker 4: She was up there because I think Breeze was gonna sign with death ro But so I asked him, that was my homework. She used to hang around us all the time, so you know, I asked her for a ride. So jumped in the car with them, and from that point on, I just said this, this ain't gonna work, you know.
Speaker 5: And then I asked Dre. I'm like, what's going on, Like what's up?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 4: He was like, you got to be your own man, you know, you just got to do your own thing. So I was just like fucked up, Like I ain't with Snoop, I ain't with Dre. I ain't with dads corrupt, none of my homeboys. They all out having fun doing this and doing that, and I had to go back to my sister's floor. I had my credit records, the same crate that we was using on the chronic. I had my credit records. I had my mixer and my turntable, my MPC drum MPC sixty drum machine which I still got all that ship to this day, and just started doing my thing man and got a call from MC Breed in Tupac, and that's.
Speaker 5: When I produced.
Speaker 4: When they did their record together, well Tupac, it was em C Breed and then called me. Rodney G called me and d O C had called me for Rodney G. So they was like, one, we want to do some music for Breed. So I went up there with with m C Breed and that's when I produced the record. You gotta get your I gotta get mine. You produced that record, produced that I produced, and pop came in the the session and got on.
Speaker 2: The area of Tupac because that's that's who that was. Yes, yes, yes, Dave l A. This is pre throw. Yeah and after post Didital Underground. Yeah, he's already sold the story. Yeah, okay, so you just give.
Speaker 5: I ain't gonna lie, uh, you know.
Speaker 4: So they gave me my first shot as far as my production being out into the world like that. MC I got to get and I turned around and did his whole album m C breed after that, and then that led to you know, like like once again within those smoke I hope I'm not talking to please fans to Endo smoke. That that led to how Endo smoke and me doing another record for t a couple more records for two five because I did Endo smoke, h like I said on the party, just the soundtrack, and Poc heard that and he called me, which I didn't think it was. I didn't even think it was him. I was like the same pock hunting the phone. So he all back and was like, this is Pock this pock warm hold up. So it was him and then he told me, okay, I'm at Echo saund So I went up to Echo sound.
Speaker 5: He asked me, did you do that? Did you you produced the record on the endow smoke right?
Speaker 2: I said yes.
Speaker 4: He said, well I want to I need a record as well. So at that point we just started. You know, that was the first time I seen somebody roll a block. He tupac. He had a gang of bad bitches in there. He had a gang of bad bitches in there. I had glasses on with a little bit of tape on my glass, and I was like god, damn and uh, but they were showing me love.
Speaker 5: And so he was asking me. He was like, warn, what what's up with you? You know, like what's happening?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 4: I said, I've just been going through a whole lot. That's when I didn't get to do anything. So he's like, I've just been going through a whole lot, you know. I got into it with a cat out and loan which I had shoot out bust him, busting that motherfucker's motherfucker's broken my car, all kind of shit. So I was telling him all of this shit I was going through, and he was just like, damn, that shit is crazy.
Speaker 5: So he was like, you gotta beat, and I was like yeah. Started going through my.
Speaker 4: Discs and shit popping them in the drum machine, and I came across the wind Parade by Donald Bird.
Speaker 5: I had already had the beat done, and uh it was the boodoom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom.
Speaker 2: Boom boom boom.
Speaker 4: He was like, I want that one right there. So he I got it, gave it to him, They put it on tape. He went in there in the booth and the engineer that you know how they quieted. They shut the speakers off, just him and the engineer in the headphones. So he went in there for about thirty minutes and uh, he came out, that motherfucker and he told him to turn it up.
Speaker 5: And it was the same beat I gave him. He when it came on, boom boom boom boom boom boom boom, he said, my definition of a thug nigga.
Speaker 2: So he started.
Speaker 4: I said, God damn that shit. So I said this nigga, So he started busting. I played the cars I was giving. Thank god, he was busting, and he started talking about some of the shit that I was told. I was telling it, so I'm like, God damn, this motherfucker put the ship in the goddamn along with some other shit. So I was like, I was like, this is crazy.
Speaker 2: So he was like.
Speaker 4: I heard him. He was like, my definition of a thug nigga, and that was it. So he said, Warm, can you put some scratches and stuff in there? So I was like hell yeah, So I did the It was rock saying Shante, I said he for tears the season to be serving. And then I had Richard Pryor squashed and what you doing And I took snoop voice and I said, Marbin like a motherfucker.
Speaker 5: It was tears the season to be served. What you're doing marble like a motherfucker.
Speaker 4: So that was right after he said My definition of a th u Nigga, which became his single this Thug Life single off the Party, Just the soundtrack, which catapulted the Thug Life album Big Psych, Little Psyche, Little rated R, mac ten, Macados's mac ten, not the Inglewood mac ten, but mac ten, Macadosis Runner, all of them. They came in there at the same time because they was Thug Life and one of their homies that got killed named Cato. So Pock was like, Warm, you got something for me to do a song about my homeboy that just got killed in Detroit. This was like they just told him in there, so he was fucked up, and I said, I got one for you, and That's when I did the how long will they mourm me.
Speaker 5: Boom boom boom, How long will they mormy boom boom boom?
Speaker 4: So he was like he did the song, so he was like, I gotta get somebody on the hook man the sings. So I called Nate back then it wasn't no navigation, so I had to tell Nate, you gotta do this.
Speaker 2: So it was navigation and Nate came up there and did it's part of wish. It was another how long will they on?
Speaker 6: On?
Speaker 5: My brother?
Speaker 4: That ship was it was cold and and then that led the light to kick it and then it led to other other records that I produced for him, and that ship, like I said, Pock and Breed, was the first motherfucker to give me my shot at at at uh.
Speaker 5: Production wise.
Speaker 4: And by the way, remember I told you about the chain that got snatched. Still got that motherfucker to this day.
Speaker 2: Put that ship up.
Speaker 5: I ain't a busting now that people don't think that I'm a bust. I was just in a bad situation when ship.
Speaker 3: You know, yeah, did you early on production wise, did you feel that you needed to have a different sound than dre.
Speaker 5: Most definitely.
Speaker 2: I mean, like, was that something conscious of you?
Speaker 3: Like I gotta sound different.
Speaker 4: I just wanted to create my own lane and not have people say, oh, the reason why he doing this is because he with Dre and this, that and this. But my music here developed from my father, uh my dad, Warren Warren Warren Jr. Now my dad married his mother you know when we when I was a young kid, and so my dad he used to play music for me all day, Like we would sit in his house because he would come pick me up for my mom's and he would take me and just listen to music all day, which was jazz. So that pretty much was was was instilled than me. And that's what comes out whenever I do production. I always have like a feel good to whatever I do. And that's just what I'm about.
Speaker 1: I love.
Speaker 4: I love to feel good, you know, ship, and that's that right there is what what made my style what it what it what it is and what it was. And and you know, I didn't never try to be like Dre, but he taught me the game as far as like the MP yeah him in one eighty seven from Above the Law both taught me taught me you know how to work the n PC sixty. And he also taught me how to splice tape, put that ship together with the alcohol and all that ship.
Speaker 5: He taught me a lot of ship.
Speaker 8: Your young niggas don't know this ship. Your young niggas got it easy. Yeah, you're already impressive one. But record, goddamn tape and alcohol.
Speaker 2: No, that's all good.
Speaker 4: And the love, the love that he showed me was the love I showed back by going and searching for all those records, a lot of the records that we use on the chronic, you know.
Speaker 5: So that was that was my part. I would go get the records.
Speaker 4: I would take them, sample them up, and then I let him here and I'm like, Drake, listen to this.
Speaker 5: He'll listen.
Speaker 4: He like that ship is hard. If he liked it, he would take that ship and he would change it up, do a couple of things like let me ride.
Speaker 2: I played.
Speaker 5: That was a break record that I bought.
Speaker 4: I bought the break record to that in Torrance at a right down the street from Audio Achievements, and it was a break I still got the break record to this day.
Speaker 2: Of some parts the third grade lunch money. I could tell I might.
Speaker 4: It was a little piece in there that that uh that bun boom boom boom boom. Let me while I was doing I was doing this thing, and let me right. It was all on that that one record, and Drake took that ship and pieced that motherfucker together.
Speaker 5: When I heard it again, I was like, God damn.
Speaker 4: Even like like the skits, like the these nutskit, that ship was all like organic. I called my homegirl and told her, I said, shit, you know what you doing today? She was like, I'm getting my nails done and da da da. I said, well shit, I said, hey, watch your name get.
Speaker 2: At you and she was like who I said these.
Speaker 5: And uh.
Speaker 4: She went crazy when she's all nigga, she know, she started tripping them. But that was an organic skit. I told Dre, turned the mic on and I just we just did that just in the studio one day, just sitting there and then just a lot of the skits like the you really don't understand, don't you. In order for us to make this thing work, we got to get rid of the pimpster. You know all that that was a record, that that record that was mind you. What I did is I bought all the black black exploitation albums. It was from a place called as a record turns from off off a Maylor Road. So that little part in there was a way I was feeling like me and him as brothers. He probably he don't know that, but this is just something that I have had in my wow, in my heart, like we really don't understand, do you. In order for to make this thing work, you got to get rid of the pimpstuff, you know that skip right, There was something that was something that I was feeling, and he used that much, yeah, you know, but it was that's how I felt with you know, with him. But like all the stuff that we did, like we did a gang of dope ass ship, you know, and like I said, Dre is a motherfucking genius, like in the studio, and he ain't he He's got no chaser. He gonna tell you straight up, fuck that ship whack. He gonna say that ship is whack.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: He ain't playing no games, you know. But you know, I had had a great time, you know, just doing the chronic with him, you know. And I actually taught dad, you know, from him teaching me him in one eighty seven, teaching me to me teaching dazz and dads also helped out with with us on the chronics. So it was me and Chrystal Glove.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and so I mean the ship was the ship was just it was, it was, it was. It was amazing.
Speaker 3: Did you guys know what you were creating at that time that it was that special?
Speaker 4: We just was doing music, just loving to do good music. And but but it was inspired by the riots that was going on. You know at that time that Rodney King jumped off, So it was it was motherfucker's doing a lot of crazy ship Florence Man tearing ship up, putting ship on fire.
Speaker 2: I was in it, Don't get me wrong, now, I was.
Speaker 6: I was.
Speaker 4: Actually got me d O c U corrupt and uh ice team we was at the I think it was it one on two point. I think it was k K K J l H.
Speaker 5: The Nigga I tee.
Speaker 4: They he'd tell you they seen me coming out when the store came, ran off the store with a whole thing of.
Speaker 5: Beard running back the window. And uh he talked about that ship too. You said that Nigga Warren crazy.
Speaker 4: But all of that stuff inspired us to do the chronic and everything that was going on from the parties that ain't no fun came from them parties because that's that's what we was doing during that time, because they was having parties here, parties their party during the riots.
Speaker 5: Hell yeah, it was crazy because it was a.
Speaker 4: So it was niggas coming from everywhere and uh just partying like a motherfucker and uh ship, we even had a party with Drake told he told all these it was a gang of niggas in his house. He said, y'all, motherfucker's got to get up out of here.
Speaker 5: So he had to. He pulled out the strap. Motherfucker's just like whatever. No, they wasn't tripping.
Speaker 2: Ship.
Speaker 4: He had a all right by the door where he had the choppers. I went there, grabbed that motherfucker chopper.
Speaker 5: He said, get the fuck out. You know, all the motherfuckers started moving.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And my only thing is I wish, you know, I wish I was more business minded back then instead of being so uh.
Speaker 5: Like.
Speaker 4: What my my thing was is like I said, the show the love back to him as far as teaching me, you know, so that that's from you. You know, you taught me as a puppy, and this is the reward for you, teaching me, by me and my homeboys coming back, putting this record.
Speaker 2: Together for you, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: I just wish I would have knew about publishing back because that would be would be lovely right now, you know.
Speaker 2: But you know you didn't get publishing on the crowd.
Speaker 5: I ain't get it. I didn't get no credits.
Speaker 4: Neop gave me some coproduction, he said, Snoop said my name, I don't stranded on death Row.
Speaker 2: So you produced on a chronic and never got credited.
Speaker 5: I didn't get shipped on that motherfucker.
Speaker 2: Really.
Speaker 5: Yeah, But I wasn't tripping. I was there for Dre, you know what I mean, you know, helping helping Dre.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Hold on, I wanna come back to the chronic because I want to ask you something on the slips my mind because I have we suddenly meet people who Tupac prior to Death Row, and then who knew Tupac while he was on So and I.
Speaker 2: Want to get back to the chronic.
Speaker 1: But what was the difference in your opinion leading Tupaca, like you said, gave you one of your first Yeah, looks, what's.
Speaker 2: The difference between him then and then him and on the ground days too.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: He was always cool, just cool, kind of hip bouncing around the music, get the jump and he get to bounce.
Speaker 5: He was just just a fun dude, just fun. Later on, you know, once he was doing his thing.
Speaker 4: Actually he actually he that was around the time when he had got out here got built out and we was at the House of Blues.
Speaker 5: Like this was right after the incident I had. So we was at the House of Blue. Yeah, yeah, yeah, we was at the House of Blues and he had was fresh out. He seen he was hugging me. We hugging and ship.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 5: He was like, ship, let's link up, man. So we linked up. I mean not linked up, but we was just like we're gonna link up. So he called me.
Speaker 4: He was like, Warren, come to the studio can am and da da dada. I said, shit, I ain't coming up there and studio. Yeah, I'm not coming up there. I said, let me book the studio and you come over to where I'm at, because when you come over to where I'm at, I'm gonna make sure I got hitters everywhere, because I'm not getting ready letting nobody come in here tripping on me. Again, that ain't gonna happened.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me ask me out of pure ignorance, right because.
Speaker 4: I don't he was a little different. I ain't gonna lie, you know, because the way he was talking to me on the.
Speaker 2: Phone, I'm like, you know, it wasn't the same, pot it was. He wasn't.
Speaker 4: He wasn't the same, but he was more serious, but it was. It was still him, but it was, Yeah, he was just more serious. And another the crazy thing is that when he was locked up, me and Richie rich was tight, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I used to come all the way from all the way from l A to to over to up to the Bay. Me and him just used to ride around and big our trucks and ships, skirting, you know, doing crazy ship having fun, tearing up the town, you know. And and uh, him and Pock used to talk a lot on the phone, writing letters, talking and everything. So he was telling me about what was going on with him. So I told rich I said, you tell Tupac, I'm gonna bail his ass out. Oh wow, So I was gonna put the money. I didn't give a fuck about shinning. You ain't got to do ship. You just want to give me a verse, that's it, you know, but I just wanted him to get out because I felt for him. You know, that ship was fucked up, got beat to the punch. You know, should got him out. You know, I wish I could have got him out, and you know he'd have been doing his own thing free.
Speaker 1: At this time, Sugar was still like a love CEO this yesterday because I remember, I remember, like I remember when him shug ball into he was he's a boss.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I like saluting that like wow, snoop, Sugar bossed up and saying that did you did you ever think? Because because me and me knowing you personally, I know you got family in New York.
Speaker 2: I know you got everything.
Speaker 1: At some point, Jeff Row went from a favorite West Coast label to wait a minute, hate us, like I.
Speaker 2: Have to be weird for you.
Speaker 5: I mean it, uh, I don't know. It wasn't that they hate New York.
Speaker 2: It wasn't.
Speaker 5: It wasn't New York. It was a cruise cruise again exactly.
Speaker 4: It was it was like them hating bad Boy or them Hayten Russell and le York.
Speaker 2: It wasn't New York. Because remember that throws with Eric B. That was no.
Speaker 1: That was in the midst of death fro East came after that award show where everyone that was remember this is a it's not a long you're right, You're right, you're right that he didn't have difference in the.
Speaker 3: Midst of it, and they signed Craig mac or. They were signing mac He was the first artist.
Speaker 2: Remember you got smoked some weed. Remember everything it was it was it was.
Speaker 4: It was like some of the most fun I had in my life, you know when they when I when it was my turn, like after I got signed to Death Jam and they, you know, it was my time. Time to get on that goddamn plane to come to New York. I called the Twins, I said, be cuz, can y'all fly with me to New York.
Speaker 2: With the build said already got kicked down snooping you know what I'm not.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure, but it might have been. It was around It was around them times.
Speaker 4: But what was crazy is I flew to New York and uh I signed with depth GM already in the hotels at the Embassy Suites from forty seventh to seventh and I got a phone call and I was like hello. It was like this is ll cool J. And I said, I'm like, this ain't ll coochie. I'm a huge fan of LLL two. And I was like, I didn't hang over. They said, man, he said, this is LLL cool J. Come downstairs. So I'm like, shid you knew?
Speaker 2: You knew your hotel was that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I called, but it had to be from you know, Leo or and Russell and then you know, tell him you know I'm in town, so he can't. So I went downstairs. I told the twins man, come with me downstairs. This dude talking about the ll Back then, on the airplanes you could sneak ship good on.
Speaker 5: I had my stick. I had my stick, so I rubbed my ship black, put it on, went down there and.
Speaker 2: It was l ms.
Speaker 8: Hey.
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 2: That who is. I was so starved that I didn't care.
Speaker 5: What he did because I was quite that point because I was like, this is l mother cool.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: And the nigga took me to his house, his grandmother house.
Speaker 4: He even showed he showed me the sidekick that he and uh Tina got a big old but that blight green sidekick.
Speaker 2: He showed me his cloth hues clothes.
Speaker 4: He I had never seen that many clothes in my mother fucking life. And I was tripping. Then Heavy D called me doing your thing. Yeah, rest in peace, Heavy that was my guy. Actually me my first tour was on tour with him, him and R Kelly and.
Speaker 2: Yeah wow wow.
Speaker 5: Uh but it was like I said, it was all love, man. Uh, just being over there.
Speaker 4: And Russell had a young partner in his name was Benny Ratt from Harlem. He took us under his wing and Big Bell, who was a security. He was from bed Start, Brooklyn, right on Biggie Them Street, and uh, they took me all over New York.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: I went everywhere. Like I told him, I want to see everything. They took me to all the boroughs. Benny Ratt took me right at late night in Harlem. It was like three four in the morning. Then we and that motherfucker. I'm seeing kids outside playing and ship running around here getting braided. Motherfucker's out there playing music. I'm like, what the fuck is going on in the ladies sleep attention?
Speaker 2: This ship is crazy.
Speaker 4: So it tripped me out. And the love that I was being showed it was just was incredible. Everybody was like, we love y'all ship out here. We love y'all ship. They just don't play it that much on the radar, but we loved y'all ship. I didn't have no incidents where motherfuckers was like this motherfucker. Actually I did that one. I was at Willie Burger's, Yeah, and uh, this motherfucker rolled up. He was in a wheelchair and he was thugged out. I was warranty. Me and my brother in law, Kenny Mack.
Speaker 2: We was.
Speaker 5: We rolled up and uh, he's like this West coast motherfucker.
Speaker 2: He's banging. So I'm like, ship, what's up?
Speaker 5: Like he like, motherfucker's out here. I'm like ship, I said, Kenny, I'm going to the car man.
Speaker 4: So I went to the car, got in the van once again, like put my ship right back, came back over and then, uh, you know, told him I was just like check this out on, homie. We ain't out here trying to start ship. W ain't tripping on that East coast West coast ship.
Speaker 2: We're just out here.
Speaker 4: I'm on depth jam, you know. So I made a couple of phone calls to some high powered guys from up out of Queens uh and Harlem.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: And one of the cat that on the Soul for spot in Harlem. He even came out I forgot his name, but he about Sylvia is a cop or something like that, and uh, he came up to it like they can't motherfuckers came out to cuse they don't want to say. You know, I don't want to mention all of my guys from up out of New York. But they was they balked when I say Boston super bossons and they because they was locked up with with with Baby Popper right here and uh in the fairs, so they you know that was the connection, you know Creme and Snoop. Oh yeah, yes, indeed, and uh he there was some calls made they that motherfucker he turned he was sotast Peter Cotton Tail that But like I said, it was all love, man. I had a lot of love there, uh and just being able to hang with Russell.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 4: I met Andre Herrel, who was incredible, Like I still got ideas in my head that he would tell me, you know, every time I see him, because whenever he in La and I was somewhere and he was around, I was like Andre.
Speaker 5: He was like, hey, what's up?
Speaker 2: Warm?
Speaker 5: I got some weed.
Speaker 4: I'm like, yeah, I just to blaze with him. Every time Bomb asked Wig too, and he just get the smile and this ship, you know, he had that laugh. Yeah, just you know, we just he used to just give me ideas. Were smoking joint. He'd tell me a bunch of ideas. And I still got some of that ship locked in my head. You know, I just haven't did it. I'm gonna wait till this right to do him. But that was the kind of love I was getting from. I ain't gonna lie. I even went into some of them modeling parties and I was just like kind of tripping, Like, hey, shit, Russell, where the fuck you got me at? He said, Warren, don't worry about what's what that says. It's a lot of beautiful women.
Speaker 2: So we just.
Speaker 4: You know, because back then, motherfuckers be tripping, was tripping off of ship back then.
Speaker 5: So it was like damn. So I just blazed some.
Speaker 4: Bud, Me rustling, Andre Herrel, my homeboy, my brother in law, Kenny. We we sat there and and just blazing that motherfucker. It was just beautiful women everywhere, and just it was incredible. But everything that I did, even the Christmas parties that everything was love.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I remember we we we had we had an incident in the Christmas party death Jam and Christmas Party, but it was West Coast motherfuckers against West Coast motherfuckers. It was me, Nate and snooping all of us and it was Domino, the people ate the ghetto jam. Him and Nate had sta Domino.
Speaker 5: They used to sing together.
Speaker 2: A lot, Domino and they used to get down the locker and uh but.
Speaker 4: They bumped heads. You know, it was like okay, So Nate and Domino was was as like beefing. They was beefing. I ain't gonna say Conner. So at that time, that's when we filmed the show, when we was in Philadelphia, That's when I got.
Speaker 2: Into the movie.
Speaker 4: I shot into it. The motherfucking Philadelphia threw a ceed at me. I told me, I don't do that ship again. I stopped the music, and then he did the ship again. I jumped off the motherfucker's stag just socked the ship out his ass. And then motherfucking Muslims, just like they say on the show where they you march.
Speaker 5: You in, We're gonna march your ass out.
Speaker 4: They came and grabbed my ass and marched me straight off that motherfucker all the way to the train station and send me to New York. Russe made the motherfucker send me to New York. And then yeah, and then that's when we had the party that later on that night, and uh, we bumped head it's in there, you know.
Speaker 5: It was. It was a big old giant mayeel like, what's happ like that?
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 5: Like you know, all that ship is a fat Joe had a crew with him.
Speaker 4: He came over there, him and the gang of motherfuckers like boom, they came over there to us.
Speaker 2: It was like, what's happening? We with y'all?
Speaker 5: Then motherfuckers tripping up?
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 5: We're gonna tear this motherfucker up. So it was now it was a gang of us and it was cold, and then they.
Speaker 4: You know, then motherfuckers like all the executives and ship started jumping in the middle. So it got kind of bounced out and they had left.
Speaker 2: And we partied.
Speaker 4: Man, But I'm telling you, it was it was so many incidents, so many you know things that that was happening out there.
Speaker 5: I mean to even tell you this one right here, this was, this was, this was this was Uh.
Speaker 4: I had a friend was that was Jacob York. Uh yeah, Jacob York. He said one He said, do you want to go see Biggie? So I said, here, yeah, I go Sam. This was This was at the time when Pemmy Park was few and this was when we was at the club in New York. I forgot what that club. Well, it wasn't a palladium artic tunnel. This was like a little it wasn't too big. It was and you walk down it was it was downstairs greenhouse. It was downstairs.
Speaker 5: It wasn't cheat it was this one was us a club USA some ship like that could be okay, but.
Speaker 4: Whatever it went down, I think it was USA or something like you know something you keep trying. It went down and and uh it was they were static in there because that you know, bigg and him was in there. But it wasn't like super Beef then, and uh so, I mean you know what, I take that back. It was it was it was I can't It wasn't like to where Niggas wanted to shoot and all that ship. But it was just like okay, you over here, you over there a little bit. Yeah, So Jacob York asked me if I wanted to meet Biggie, So I said yeah, So he took me the bed Star was me, Jacob York, Roan G, my uncle Ron g H and Big Bell from Bear Star who lived on that same block, and we pulled up as Biggie was right there, jumped out and started chopping it up. You know, we was talking about everything, music, everything that was going on, and then we started talking about you know with him and him and Tupac, you know, them having beef and shit, and he was just like he tripping on me and this, that and this.
Speaker 5: So he was telling me everything.
Speaker 4: So I said, well, how about this what I do when I get a chance, I get that pocket say, look, I talked to this nigga, Biggie. This is what he said, You niggas get this ship together and stop that ship. But I couldn't get to him because it was all the other motherfuckers that get the Tupaca to really talk to him about what he said. Wow, that's why trying to get the message.
Speaker 1: You're telling me in some world that if you would have got to Tucac, maybe it's.
Speaker 4: Probably wouldn't have been said, well, because I would have pulled him to the side and really talked, this is what's going This what this nigga told me? We had a We had a motherfucking We walked to the corner little scene with there. We walked to the corner drunk Private Stock all that ship because you know, I'm like, I want to five stock was a great want A Private Stock said, let's go me if you walk drinking Private Stock the whole nine.
Speaker 3: Did you think it would have got as deadly as a guy?
Speaker 5: Uh? I didn't think it would be.
Speaker 2: No gun.
Speaker 5: I didn't think it was gonna be any gun play period with anything like.
Speaker 2: Squab and ship. That's it.
Speaker 5: That's where I thought it was.
Speaker 2: You know, I didn't. I didn't.
Speaker 5: That's where I had it at, you know.
Speaker 1: But I'm sure the people have been tuning in, been having him uh dropping a lot of names. And I want these people to understand that I've been on death Jam as well. And Death Jam has a history and they have a portfolio. When they sign artists, they want you to understand the artists that came before them. And one of the first people they tell you about is l L. They say that L L you know, open up Death Jam or whatever whatever. Then they said another artist. And then the third artist they always tell you.
Speaker 2: Is Warren G. And what they say is Warren G. You know, you, Humble God.
Speaker 1: Warren G single handedly saved Death Jam.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I know, you, Humble God. I'm a rack for you.
Speaker 1: Like that ship is real, Like just think about it, Just think about it. Whatever was happening East Coast at the time could not hold on to whatever torch that we had on at that time. West Coast was killing it and you single hand.
Speaker 2: This is this is what they say. It's not a rumor, this is this is all facts.
Speaker 3: They'll sit down, they'll take your.
Speaker 2: Statements to prove that. Yes, indeed, how the hell how dope is that for you to know that?
Speaker 1: But hold on my bad that you single handedly they say you, you single handedly say fucking one of the most iconic, iconic rap labels in history.
Speaker 2: How the fuck does that feel?
Speaker 5: I mean it feels great. Uh.
Speaker 4: You know, it was just you know, the love was was was giving back to them for believing in me, you know, because nobody wasn't really believing in me, and they gave me that that lane, you know that lane too to get my music out so people could hear it and say, Okay, this nigga is dope. He got dope, his ship is dope. And they opened that up in the and the reward to them for that was helping them. I didn't know they was in the situation that they was in. I was like, damn when I when I learned it, they was like doing my ship with credit cards, like credit cards.
Speaker 5: Wow, you know, but they got me the bread and everything.
Speaker 6: And.
Speaker 3: You know it.
Speaker 5: It was it was, it was just it just felt great, man, just to be able to.
Speaker 4: For them to give me my shot and then me blow up and then also helped the company and then help the company to where it opened the door for jay.
Speaker 2: Z about you, m man, they might not exist if it wasn't for the movies.
Speaker 4: They Florida, So they probably would have got picked up by somebody.
Speaker 2: But what I'm saying, but we got to deal with facts. Yeah, yeah, that's the facts. Yeah you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: And uh, but you didn't know it back then that that that was happening, that you helped them.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't.
Speaker 4: Well, and they tell me the story later on down the line. And then when I was saying not Russell, but Lee or he would put these you know what how much money they was making up?
Speaker 5: They was put that ship up right in the office over there.
Speaker 2: What the artist?
Speaker 5: What has made the company? What it made the company? There? I've seen a hundred million. I was like, God, damn, my pieced millions. You made a hundred million they made the company, okay, And uh so I was like, damn, but I didn't.
Speaker 2: I didn't. I made money.
Speaker 5: But if I think, I wish I could have had a part of that hundred million.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 5: So you know my thing is is I I love def jam and I could you know, they gave me a shot to do my thing, man, And I asked.
Speaker 4: All I had asked was just let me get my masters. Y'all gave lll his you know, let me get my masters. That's all I wanted. You know, Well, all I do want. You know, I don't want to wait long. Old the motherfucker. You haven't done them, not yet. But I think it's like get thirty in January. In January before they're saying thirty five.
Speaker 2: No, no, should give it back to you.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 4: So it's just it's just and I'm just like God, to new president of the dude from what I heard Luken and Luke, No, not him the dude from UMG. The Big Dog was the one that was just like because Russell got at him, like, can y'all y'all give him his ship? You know, Like when I'm like Russell, y'all should have gave me the ship when y'all sold the motherfucker then you you know what, I man, give.
Speaker 2: Me my ship like y'all got lll ship, gave him his ship.
Speaker 4: But so I guess that come to me in like about five or six years, five or six more years. But I'm like, shit, I don't want to be old the motherfucker trying to a deal with you, you know what I mean. But that's all I want, you know, for me helping you guys turned into a billion dollar company.
Speaker 5: My ship ain't ain't making a gang of money like that every year it make money.
Speaker 2: It ain't not. It ain't like.
Speaker 5: Kanye's catalog or his sh or you know guys like that. Y'all got all that ship, y'all. My ship is crumbs compared to all that ship over there.
Speaker 2: It ain't not.
Speaker 5: Ain't gonna say drumbs, but it's it's that's stupid, right. But let me ask you, if you was to get your master's back, would you re release it? How would you re release it?
Speaker 2: I re release it.
Speaker 4: I redo everything, start, you know, join with a company that could do that ministering for me, and also the license and all this stuff for me, and just do it like they doing, you know, and everything come around, making sure everybody that was involved get there. They cut you know, everybody that was on there. I find it all. Okay, boom, this comes to this person, Just come to that person. I set it up automatically where it goes, and so it ain't no where's my sh that nigga, I don't want to hear that ship. I'm gonna get you your bread. You're gonna get your bread. You're gonna get your bread. Everybody gonna be happy. And then I own this ship because this is something that my kids can can have, you know, my master publishing.
Speaker 5: And uh.
Speaker 4: That's you know that, that's all I wanted out the deal, you know, out the whole thing. Now, back then, I didn't give a fuck. I didn't know what mask was, I didn't know what nothing was.
Speaker 2: I was just plish.
Speaker 4: I didn't I didn't know nothing. I was just I was just trying to just do my music. I wanted people to hear my music. But I've seen my Uh one of my first Royalty checks, I was like, ship this, what the fuck you get for doing this ship? I was like, God damn. I went crazy after that. I started doing all kind of like let me get some Yeah. I was like, because I never I didn't do a publishing deal. They was offering me that ship. They was like, we want to give you three hundred here, five hundred thousand here, I said, ship. They offered me that much. I can make more than that, So I said, hold up, let me let me feel this out a little bit. And uh when that shit happened, whoa, I was like, God damn. And uh what I did do administering that ministering deal, because you got to have somebody to get that ship outside of the record company ship the other ship to the movies. Yeah yeah, yeah, the licenses and all that. But and but uh, just just I wanted people to hear my ship. I wasn't caring about publishing or this, that and this. I was just I just wanted people to hear my music and just to see be able to go around the world and tour for a year for three months, come home for two months after doing press, and go back in about two weeks to do three months.
Speaker 2: I was in year of five months.
Speaker 4: Doing press and tours and shit, and then being able to rock in here in the United States and everybody love you from everywhere, and be able to get down with Lino Richie at a festival in Yurope, and the Beg's and Lauren Hill and the foodies all we was all at the same gig at San Remo, Italy festival, you know.
Speaker 5: And I thought that ship was like, you know, a hip hop motherfucker. You like, what the fuck is this ship? I'm in here?
Speaker 4: But look, it was a trip because it was quiet the whole motherfucking played the whole show my ship. So I'm thinking something wrong. They not budge and they just sitting there looking at the whole time I'm performing. I'm trying to rock and shit, and like, damn, these motherfuckers ain't moving, so it's kind of taking me somewhere. But I said, I gotta keep going. So I did the whole entire show, and at the end of the show, when I was telling I said, thank you guys for letting me come here.
Speaker 5: Then motherfucker said.
Speaker 2: They just kept doing this shit. They were just doing this what is this ship?
Speaker 5: And they had like that look at ship.
Speaker 2: We was in a you remember that ship around that she had all that ship up there.
Speaker 5: It was crazy. I had fights over in that motherfucking everything.
Speaker 2: Hey.
Speaker 5: Now, because when you're from the States, you know, the weather's New Yorker, California. They love you out there.
Speaker 2: But then you you got you got that thug element too.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 5: A couple of times motherfuckers was testing my nuts.
Speaker 2: I'm chewing.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 2: I had two knockouts out there, two of them, yeah, one of them. One of the motherfuckers.
Speaker 5: I swear to god, this motherfucker was like this was a big motherfucker, Like he was.
Speaker 4: Big, and uh, I ain't gonna lie. I was scared of the motherfucker. Like this motherfucker he gonna fuck me up. Look, so because he was he was mashing on me and one of the twins and my cousin Kevin. We was in the club and he just just started tripping like like what's up, Like you know, I'm like, no, we cool man. I signed the uh ship for the girls and all that shot sign and he's it was like this that's up, like whatever they language. It was in sweet and uh. So I told my cousin and twin, I said, look, you.
Speaker 5: Walked this way, you walked that way, and you walked that way, so they gonna won't know what's up. So I went that way, he walked that way, they walked he walked that way, so they like it was kind of like we all went different ways. So I got a chance.
Speaker 4: Why I could, I don't know how it happened, but I could. I could see out in the front of the motherfucker. So I told I'd hollered Rhyn up.
Speaker 2: These motherfuckers up in there, tripple.
Speaker 5: So I'm telling my god, they're up in there, tripper.
Speaker 4: So they sense the tity in there, brought us all out, so we're coming out. They had them outside, they standing outside the door, so they bringing us out the club and I'm like this motherfucking and mashed on me. I feel like a straight bitch. So I'm like, I can't go out like that, you know, So I'm gonna I'm coming out that motherfucker.
Speaker 5: So he's standing right there. So I had one opportunity to let this motherfucker know what time it is.
Speaker 2: He was standing right there. I just can't.
Speaker 5: As soon as I came out, just s.
Speaker 2: I hit that.
Speaker 5: Motherfucker hard as a motherfucker, that big motherfucker.
Speaker 4: That motherfucker hit the ground when he came back up. It took the whole motherfucking force to stop this motherfucker. And they had to ship in the news everything the next day talking about warning he had a fight with the King of the Park some crazy shit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then the other one.
Speaker 4: I was in Italy. The motherfucker was tripping. I knocked him out right in the club. They thought, my homeboy, he was doing security. They thought he did it. I walked over his ass and crept out, and me and my partner crime Kenny back, we walked out. That motherfucker dropped in the cab and went to the hotel because I told Ron him, I said, shit, I'm scared. I don't think I'm gonna be able to go come back home because that motherfucker looked it looked bad like.
Speaker 5: He was doing this.
Speaker 4: I was scared to death. But they got him up. They got him up, and uh, my folks, was just like warning you fucked him up, you know. But I felt bad because I thought I really damaged his ass because I hit him harder a bit. I'm not not hitting I don't mean that as far as hitting a woman, but I hit him hard than the motherfucker. But but Europe is a great place, man, and they they always told me, whenever you want to come back here, you can always come back here. And there Annie Lennox uh had a chance to chop with her uh Tina Turner and there she Okay, what's love got to do with it? While I was there in Switzerland, Yeah, they a lot of was that ZICHERI Yeah, I.
Speaker 5: Love yeah, and uh it was. It was fun, man, it was fun.
Speaker 2: I love yourpe man.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well well, Ron, I'm sure you love you.
Speaker 5: But we wanted to tell you that, you know, our show all places to give off all legends.
Speaker 2: They flowers yesterday. We want to keep.
Speaker 1: Your brother Snoop said it's better than the Grammy because it comes.
Speaker 2: Because it come for his people. Yeah that's dope, man. Yeah, yeah, we want to see flowers.
Speaker 5: They go up here with the drink cha.
Speaker 2: Yes, from day so and then we're gonna get into quick time.
Speaker 1: So I got one more question before we get into the quick Thomas Slim And that's a drinking game that we're gonna do. But let me just because here here's here's here's the deal. Right, Doctor Dre is coming off of n W A ice C goes to.
Speaker 2: New York. He does his album Squad and he also does he also does a like a dis record like Vacine.
Speaker 1: Right, Dre isn't what I would like to call hip hop purgatory. Right, that's like right where you you're not there but you're not there. Yeah, Yeah, he calls you snoop, m hm, you bring the dog pound? How does this chrome accession start?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 2: How does this?
Speaker 5: How does it started?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 4: I called Dre one day. I called him, you know, because I hadn't seen him in a wild and that's.
Speaker 2: What I used to do.
Speaker 4: I'd call him, you know because he'd be at out of their achievements or wherever. I'd say, man, can I come hang out? Because that's what I used just to get away from the hood.
Speaker 5: Excuse me? Yoh, I had the birth real and.
Speaker 4: So I had UH called him and he was like, he was like, I'm up. I'm having a bachelor party for l A Dre. So I was like, shit, can I come? He was like, yeah, come.
Speaker 5: So I went to the bachelor party and I was in there hanging out.
Speaker 4: It was a lot of bad motherfuckers in there, like strippers and ship because I wasn't.
Speaker 5: I wasn't used to all of that ship naked women and ship like that.
Speaker 4: And uh so they playing music and ship, so you know, I wasn't used to seeing it like that, you know what I mean, Like I was in the hood, wasn't We didn't have to like and uh and uh so, uh I asked l A Dre. I said, can I play this music?
Speaker 11: You know?
Speaker 5: Because they kept playing the same ship. So I said, let me play this ship. So he was like all right.
Speaker 4: So we popped that ship in and that's cassettes back then. So he popped that motherfucker in. He started playing the ship and there was a song we had called Long Beach is a Motherfucker and he heard the ship and he was like, damn that ship banging.
Speaker 2: He was like, who is this? I said, that's me snooping my homeboy, Nate Doug. So he was like, have you let dra hear this ship?
Speaker 4: I was like no, because he didn't shout us down, you know a few times here and there at family functions and ship like that. So he was like, dre listening to this ship. So dra came over there and was bobbing and ship and he was like, that's yeah. He didn't know it on the song. Okay, yeah, yeah, he didn't know it. So he was just like, damn, who was this. He was like, I said, that's two one three. I was like, that's me, Snoop and Nate. He was like, damn this y'all. I was like, yeah, shit, I've been trying to.
Speaker 5: Let you.
Speaker 4: And uh So he was like, look, come up to the studio on Monday. So I said, all right, cool and uh So at that time, you know, Snoop was kind of like doing we was.
Speaker 2: We were still two on three.
Speaker 4: But at that time, you know how motherfuckers get in the motherfucker ear. It was trying to steer him off on the solo mission. That kind of it was kind of like splitting us up a little bit. So we was all kind of going at it. And so I get back down to the hood because we was living with my homeboy rump Rumping, Christine and Keish and camp on twentieth Street in uh twentieth and am and uh uh.
Speaker 5: So Snoop wasn't there. So I called him on the phone.
Speaker 4: I'm like, Snoop, I'm like, I said, nigga, Dre want us to come to the studio on Monday. And he was like, nigga, fuck that shit, Nigga, you guys believe that shit?
Speaker 2: Boom.
Speaker 4: So he hanged the phone up on Snooper. Did he get nasty with hang the ship up for all kinds of ship. So I called him back, like, nigga, just just please just listen to me. Let me call this nigga on the three way and and so you could talk to him so he could tell yourself. So I called, you know back then you get the dude and you called and I said Andre, I said, Snoop, don't believe.
Speaker 2: I clicked back up.
Speaker 4: I said, Andre, Snoop, don't believe that you want us to come to the studio on Monday.
Speaker 2: So Dre was like this is this?
Speaker 4: He was like, yeah, I want you all to come to the studio on Monday. He was like this ain't no doctor Dre said, this is doctor Dre. You know, he said, this is Dre.
Speaker 5: And when he the way he said this that voice that you know when he talking on the Dude record.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so.
Speaker 5: We you know, hung up the phone.
Speaker 4: You know, we was happy, kind of like celebrating this ship, like yeah we can do.
Speaker 5: Like we started drinking silver se.
Speaker 4: That was our drink back then, and you go on Monday, and so so Monday came, uh, Monday came.
Speaker 5: Brunt was the only transportation.
Speaker 4: We had my homeboy run because we was living with them, So he had an old Ford like.
Speaker 5: Kind of raggedy forward. So we and that motherfucker we took.
Speaker 4: The street all the way to Hollywood and you know how you get to the light and you put that motherfucker up on the.
Speaker 5: Thing like.
Speaker 4: And then you hit dry booming and y'all take off. We did that ship all the way to Hollywood, the record and then and when we got there, you know, we walked in. Dre was right there, d Oc was in there, and Drake threw on a beat. It had the hold on, Hold on to that Dune student get mixed with payback, the big Payback.
Speaker 5: It was them. It was hard as fuck. So Snoop did a song it would call this is a.
Speaker 4: Gangster's Life and That was the first record that was recorded with Drake.
Speaker 5: You know, he was like this nigga Snoop as hard as fuck.
Speaker 2: Where the fuck is that record at right now?
Speaker 5: Don Drake got it on tape. Snoop may have it on tape because he got.
Speaker 4: All of the masks everything instag Yeah, that Snoop on the first even though it wasn't that was the first ship what they weren't called.
Speaker 2: And so we just kept doing music.
Speaker 5: We kept working and working.
Speaker 4: And then Dre was like, look, why doon't y'all move up out of Loan Beach and come stay with me up here in the valley, you know, get out the hood because it was a lot of shit going on.
Speaker 5: You know, motherfucker was going in and out of.
Speaker 4: The county jail, all kind of ship, all our homeboys was the lowest number was fifteen years. They was all in jail for fifteen and up, you know. So and now all everybody out, pretty much everybody is out. Is everybody out except for uh and dog ain't out. Then duck feet when we used to call dugby the and god damn it. So we moved out. We moved up there with Dre and that and that's when. That's when when it all started. You know, that's when I learned how to do the n PC six, he learned how to slice tape and meet him and d O C would just be in the studio just doing music and ship all day and then going back to Solar back and forth and and in the process we had That's how we met Corrupt. We was at the Roxy in Hollywood and the homegirl Diamond, you know, she was, you know Snoop was had a no she Diamond wrapped, Yeah, she wrapped yeah, and she uh so Diamond was like, uh like, my homeboy, Corrupt is hard nigga da da da d you know, banging on us. And you know Snoop had a name. So I was like, ship my nigga, Myop, Snoop Horto was han't it?
Speaker 2: Battle? Yeah, battle.
Speaker 5: Right right with the in.
Speaker 4: Front of the motherfucking rocks. It might be recorded. Somebody might have that ship. You know, I might have that ship somewhere.
Speaker 5: I got ship. I'm serious, I got a gang of ship. I gotta pull it out.
Speaker 4: But uh uh, that nigga Corrupt was so motherfucking heard him and Snoopy battle and that Nigga said, you got a pinky ring on your finger, and that is true.
Speaker 5: But if you look at Mines, I got one too.
Speaker 2: And we was like yeah.
Speaker 4: We was like, oh ship, but they were you know Snoop, you know he was he was okay, okay, yeah, and uh uh ship, they was battling. They was going back and forth, you know. Snoop was busting.
Speaker 2: He was busting.
Speaker 4: So it came to a point where he hard he hard here. So it wasn't no, it wasn't a winner. It was like they just they just just broke it up, like we're gonna have to continue this ship.
Speaker 5: So I went over to corrupt. I said, look, Nigga, let me get your number.
Speaker 4: Took his number and I called him probably about maybe about a week later, and I told him, I said, Nigga, come up here to the valley.
Speaker 5: I want to do a demo tape on you. So I brought him up there, did a demo tape on him.
Speaker 4: It was called uh we had. The main record was called what more can I say? Maybe on YouTube or you know on the uh the demo tape maybe on YouTube.
Speaker 5: And uh it was what more If we can I say? Ohep it what more if we can, I say, oh, and then Corrupt just doom boom boom, boom boom. It was Bobby I think it was Bobby Callwell. Might have been Bobby Callwell. I'm not sure, but it was that boom boom that Nigga told that mother up. So I let Drake, I let dre and shug him here. Boom they heard him, and then that's when they signed Corrupt had Broomfield and them.
Speaker 2: They came over.
Speaker 5: That was his big homies from from sixty.
Speaker 4: They came over and they talked to death Row and made that whole deal happen right there. Because I did the demo with Corrupt, That's how they discovered him.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you, because I've seen an interview with big U. Big U says that big U was home Corrupt with another sign to death Row.
Speaker 2: You think that's that's ship.
Speaker 5: I don't know, but ship, you know, money talking bullshit walk.
Speaker 2: Right right right.
Speaker 5: I mean, he could have got some money if he was in, you know, if he was the main guy, win him.
Speaker 4: They got to get your money because at the time, let me in, blood ain't got nothing to do with that bring.
Speaker 1: That's actually my question because see us from the East coast. We didn't understand you guys having war, right, that's what and then us us adapt into that like this understanding that that's that's your culture. Did death Row was something like that especial because when we seen n w A, we see all blue. Yeah you know I'm saying, then we seen like I think there was like I forget a blood gang and it's all blood like we had never seen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, bloods and crip.
Speaker 2: I think I believe that Ruthless had was down with Ruthless.
Speaker 4: Were they were bloods, well they was, they was kind of blood tribal bloods. Yeah, they had some That was because Roscoe was from he's a crip. I know him from Loan and uh that that I think that that, uh, if he was out there at that time, he would have been able to get a nice check out of it. And still that probably would have kept a lot more of the balance instead of it was like more of these dudes like tripping on this what this side of the red room. She wouldn't have been none of that ship because he would have been he had more, you know, more control of it, you know, because here he's a gangster that that know, the politics, because that was more.
Speaker 1: Of an l a thing, right, asking you that what I mean by bloods and Long Beach is famous for being just yeah, it's all I heard.
Speaker 2: You don't see no red out that. No, I mean you you you got some.
Speaker 4: I'm sure it's bloods that live in Loan Beach, you know what I mean? You know under the radar. But you know, motherfuckers ain't tripping like that.
Speaker 5: Huh.
Speaker 4: Oh you said, well ship Long Beach and Compton is damned they're the same city.
Speaker 5: We like this.
Speaker 4: It's one street that separates Loan Beach and Compton and that's a landra wow. And but I'm I'm I'm sure under the radar it was. It was something that they're not banging but just getting away.
Speaker 5: Huh.
Speaker 4: Well, it's a crypt city, you know, had fuck it? I mean, my bad, but yeah, but I mean, yes, it's a crypt city. I was born in that motherfucker. So that was my next question.
Speaker 1: As a person that's born and wade in Long Beach, when was the first time did you.
Speaker 2: See that opposite color?
Speaker 5: Shit?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 4: Did you have to go to I lived, I lived, my mom my mama moved me to Compton. Oh you know with my dad uh in in Kelly Park and uh, you know I came up there. I was from Loan Beach.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 5: My mom was like saying that I was going in the wrong direction that she witnessed.
Speaker 4: She witnessed the uh uh uh answered in one of my old g home boys, Big kool Aid, came and scooed me up on the bike and took me down the street and he told me, he said, as soon as I pull up in the driveway, it's gonna be a motherfucker sitting on the porch, she said, get off and you know, get handle your business. So we pull up in that motherfucker. I jump off the handlebars. I commenced.
Speaker 5: He woo boo boo boo boo boo, And I knew the nigga, but I couldn't go. I did had to so he was gonna get in my ass. So I had to get Yeah, I had to.
Speaker 4: And after that she witnessed that ship and now, and that's when she was like, you got to go move with your daddy and uh send me to Compton. And as soon as I got up to Compton, and she was telling me at that point Compton was a better place than Long Beach. Yeah, as far as my mama was seeing it. Yeah, uh and uh, but I was still I was still catching. I was I was still catching the bus back down the lung. Which but when I got there, Uh, Andrea and Tyree, you know, they had me out.
Speaker 5: You know, I was a young kid. Yeah right, yeah, now, so we was.
Speaker 2: Uh got that ability we was in.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: We used to have a bottle of the Battle of the Blocks and they would I used to battle a lot of dudes my ass in the boxing gloves. It was me, my homeboy big Brucie, my homeboy stink ro he see all of us VERSI.
Speaker 5: Uh, it was.
Speaker 2: We had a whole little crew.
Speaker 5: We all used to box each other.
Speaker 4: And when I first met them, and you know, we wasn't like tight and uh so Andre and Tyree started calling me kibbles.
Speaker 5: They called me kibbles and bits. Yeah, they were like they was like kibbles a bitch. When I used to go out there to box, say get him kibbles. And that's why I go out there, try to boom boom, was trying to squab.
Speaker 4: But it was my homeboy stank that was that was like, that was the lock up of the sentry man. Here we was locking up. Stank was fast in the motherfucker. I ain't gonna lie that nigga was tagging me. He ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 2: He didn't beat me.
Speaker 6: It was it was.
Speaker 4: It was nick a draw. But that that was one fast motherfucker he was. He was Visu and uh you know that was that was. That was what I went through.
Speaker 5: And there was another kid, uh named Bibe, another dude named Bibe.
Speaker 2: He was younger than me.
Speaker 5: But this motherfucker was knocking grown men out, like knocking him like I used to fuck with him.
Speaker 2: He wasn't he was.
Speaker 5: He was, yeah, he was.
Speaker 4: He was a devo, but he was just a stocky like Mike Tyson type. He was knocking motherfuckers out. Now, I was like Ship, I don't know if I wouldn't fight BB back then, but if I had to, I would have BB with bb BB Rest in peace from Kelly Park. That was that was my dog, you know, Baby James from neighborhood, like all of them all.
Speaker 2: I grew up with all of them, you know, Manual.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, it was just a bunch of you know, I grew up and they used to have battle of the blocks where we would box each block with our block was t block and we battled Caress or Muriel e Z block was Mario.
Speaker 5: We battled the different blocks.
Speaker 2: But it was boxing.
Speaker 4: It was it was boxing, it was it was football, it was baseball. We just a bunch of different things. We would just do like it was like the hood Olympics pretty much. And uh, that ship was fun in the video right now, Yeah, that ship was fun as fun. But that that was the fun I would have in Compton Belan Beach.
Speaker 2: It was it was, it was.
Speaker 5: It was serious.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And then all my.
Speaker 4: Homeboys was going to jail. At a young age, we was playing sports and ship. But then we as we got in that team era, it was kind of like ship, we started going, you know, my homeboys started going to Like my guy, my homeboy went, he went to jail.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: It was like young camp ship. And I was like, damn lost. Now one of my favorite songs are all times. I need to know how this studio session went.
Speaker 2: It ain't no fun. Wow, if the homies I.
Speaker 5: Actually walked in that session. I walked into that session.
Speaker 3: Sweet a second, you walked into the cell.
Speaker 4: I walked into that session when they when they had just started doing it, like when they first started doing it. Actually they was, actually they was, I don't think Nate's Park was on there, but Snoop Uh yeah, Nate's Park was on there. Snoop corrupt had dead his snooping dead his and they had an open verse. I was like, ship, let me get on that motherfucker. They was like, should go ahead write a verse? So I wrote that motherfucking verse. I was fresh off indoor smoking all that ship too.
Speaker 2: Whole party.
Speaker 1: This wasn't a party in the session. It was oh yeah, okay, let's get it that.
Speaker 6: That was.
Speaker 2: Their processiones wasn't nothing but a party drink. It was a party in all kinds party.
Speaker 5: Fucking all that ship was going on and all that ship was going on, and no sessions and death processions back then.
Speaker 2: It was it was, It was.
Speaker 5: It was make music with that craziness just had you. I mean it, it was this That's what helped us make music.
Speaker 3: You could feel it in the music.
Speaker 1: There's certain eras that like you know, you hear the music like I just wish I was there, like that early death ro like before, like you said, I can see what you say where the money came and changed. But like when y'all was just just you know, starting out fresh, I could tell y'all really got along with each other in the beginning knuckle fell till everyone was like, well, the beginning, of course, I mean that's years.
Speaker 2: It is the beginning that it's all new to everybody.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But by the way, if that's the that's that's for everyone. Everyone gets involved too much. It always changes up just this this amount it changed with that beginning is always with mother.
Speaker 4: With Popeye chicken. We usedid I'm starving right now, man, Okay, let me make su Yeah, I damn suren't want to give me some food or some Oh yeah, whever that ship is that Cali got.
Speaker 5: Oh melisten, Yeah, I would love for that mother for me ship.
Speaker 2: Let's yeah, right slight store, sight stores looking great? Look so snipe store looking great? Colin man, Cali right now? Yeah, yeah, let's go to a quick time. Explained to him.
Speaker 3: We're gonna give you two options. You pick one, be good, but if you say both are neither, then we drink.
Speaker 2: Okay, drink, so you got to bring her. You got the son of your ringer drinking some coffee.
Speaker 3: That's your shot.
Speaker 2: That's fine. Then you gotta drink. Let's yeah, that's drink. You gotta drink.
Speaker 5: So yeah, yeah, yeah, Sonny'll drinks from me. Alright, cool, let's go on it. You guys said it.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, it's I don't see none of your ship. I see it now, ready, I'll said it. I don't see it, of course, old. Let me get let me get my shot ready. I got the first one, Okay, I got yeah, dre or dazz.
Speaker 5: Drey, I love dash ship. I think that's the picture too. Oh yeah, that's the Tupac or d m X.
Speaker 2: Ship. Uh both? Okay you drinking? Serious? Kay, you're drinking from me, Sonny?
Speaker 3: Oh Rock, d J Quick or battle Cap shut a battle cat.
Speaker 2: At the fiftieth Quick?
Speaker 5: Uh ship both?
Speaker 2: I wouldn't head Yeah, don't yeah, give him give me like yeah, I just one not changing it. I'm gonna do it.
Speaker 5: No, No, I'm changing I'm changing it up because this is this is this is why you vibrate this viral.
Speaker 2: I'm not trying f N B and B stands. I'm not trying to be viral ice cube, ice cube or Biggie Small. No, No, that's not cool man ship. This is your famous argument. Brother, it's it was an argument. It wasn't argument. You asked me according to the favorite artist was.
Speaker 5: I said, I'm gonna have to go with Cube on that one.
Speaker 2: Okay, you got it? You gotta.
Speaker 5: And it ain't just because he's from the West Coast. You gotta look at.
Speaker 2: All that ship and everything. Argument online him and U about with uh ice Cubes. Yeah, but I got I gotta roll with Cube. I love Biggie.
Speaker 5: Now, don't give me my Biggie is my arab. It makes it seem like I don't like Biggie. I love Biggie, But that nigga Cube got he got Have you ever heard Summer Vacation?
Speaker 2: That's that's it?
Speaker 6: Have you have they heard the which mixed tape? Was that jacket for beats? Come on now, the fuck the police? He was running all that he was writing.
Speaker 3: All that ship for Easy and this records No Basclone is one of the best, this record No bascalone, but.
Speaker 1: This t How you know he was hard easy? He said Ice Cube right the rins that I say, niggas? I yes, that bigga said, DJ played no vas?
Speaker 2: How hard are you going to be? How say this but that's how easy was. Yeah, he's eating your fuck. You wanted to blow myself up? Yeah, blow yourself up? Ice right then, that's it is Hall.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: They played that motherfucking Vassaline in the in the comedy store one day.
Speaker 2: We was in there.
Speaker 4: It was me, snooping, Dre and all of us, all of us. We was in the comedy because that was our spot. We used to go to the comedy store. That was our hangout. Well chilling. The DJ played no Vaseline. Well, wow, you're talking about motherfucker getting his ass, well, no straight grabbed the arm of the the twelve.
Speaker 5: Hundred just like that, and they everybody we we.
Speaker 2: Niggas back then.
Speaker 5: It wasn't gunplay.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that was a streat gun play right there. And uh and uhh that ship was that ship was a trip man, it was.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 4: It was more like like motherfucker's getting beat up and ship like that. It wasn't because that's when you know, Drea did uh dreda.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: And the new was like on the street alledge mission. He was getting that cube on that and he was getting that and and Tim Dog Yeah, Lucas, Lucas my Nigga.
Speaker 5: I used to f with Luke.
Speaker 1: Listen, I knew why Tim Dog quarter astray. I knew why, easy straight. I never caught why did they go at Luke? Did Luke do something?
Speaker 2: There was something back then. I don't even have something.
Speaker 5: I think.
Speaker 4: I think he has has said something about that. We wasn't gangsters out out here out on the West coast, but you know what like that.
Speaker 3: But you know, it's crazy. The two Life Crew, the brother Marquis and what's the other and fresh Kid Ice they were both from l A.
Speaker 5: Yeah, brother Marquis, my god, my god.
Speaker 2: Luke yeah yeah, I mean, I don't know if they were going out to l A.
Speaker 3: Yats, but but you know, we wrecked Miami, were raised in Day County, So yeah, it's it's crazy though, but yeah, there was something there.
Speaker 5: Because I never understood that as a fan obviously, I was.
Speaker 2: I don't remember. Does anybody remember what what the beef started with with Luke. I thought it was some independent.
Speaker 5: Something about y'all they ain't.
Speaker 4: It was something about that about they wasn't in l A and Dan gangster some ship.
Speaker 11: Date.
Speaker 4: Later on after that, like you know, after years after that, Luke had a show, Luke's Teeth Show, and we did Louke Peef Show with him in uh in Malible on this private beach. Oh that nigga Luke was cold but he's a full that's my Oh, my god, crazy ship going on that ship.
Speaker 2: I mean, I was like, did you go to how can I be down when he had the boat right, I didn't do that.
Speaker 4: Luke is the man, the man. I ain't gonna lie. He had some cold ship going on like that with that Lukes Pief show. My god, that ship was. That ship was dope. We even we played football on the saying it was three on three. It was me snooping my home boy lou Dog against Luke and two other guys was playing saying football out in the uh in the I'm gonna just tell you one of this uh one of the one of the things the challenges he had with with with the ladies. You know, but you know, I ain't going hard on these ladies and nothing like that, but he had this challenge.
Speaker 5: It was called bibbling for dicks.
Speaker 2: He look, he had some ship, he had some ship.
Speaker 5: We had the girl.
Speaker 2: It was like like.
Speaker 5: Like yeah, they had to get in there to Bible the dick get the that ship was crazy.
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 4: That was one of the challenges. I know, I know, I know he's gonna be like that nigga Warren crazy.
Speaker 5: But that was the call. That was the call.
Speaker 3: That was.
Speaker 2: That was a call challenge.
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 4: It was a way that was like I said, it was a lot of stuff. He show was caught.
Speaker 3: It was like.
Speaker 4: It was that ship was crazy and uh it was. It was a lot of crazy ship man.
Speaker 6: That was.
Speaker 3: That was.
Speaker 4: That was in the beginning stages, like way back we was. We was I think that was in the early that was early chronic stages. Yeah, when we did that, but that you know, we had squashed all that stuff. It was you know, and and became cool and still cool to this day.
Speaker 5: You know, Lucas our guy we got.
Speaker 2: We asked Luca he was on here, come.
Speaker 4: To They used to come to the uh wedd and wild Pool parties. Back then, everybody used to come to ed Lover Doctor dre Alden used to come to the wedding wild I was the youngest nigga in there, young bud in there were just seeing titties and you know, at that age, it was like I was like, yeah, go on YouTube and look up wedd and wild Pool parties with the ship. That ship was cracking. You don't get that no more. But I tried to I tried to redo that. When I was on death jam Me and Chris Light he threw a part of matching party where I had everybody down at they think Beverly Hills Hotel. I had everybody shuttled up to the party and I had the ship where I had three levels.
Speaker 5: When you walk before you even get in there. Good, it's a bar at the door, drink right here.
Speaker 4: You can't get in there, and you get you a drink before you get in there. Then I had a food level where you come on this floor, you eat on this floor. Then they had another level where you play cards and do dance and do all that ship. Me and Chris had that ship. Laid the fuck out, man, and that ship was cold. Rest in peace, Chris Slidy, that was my.
Speaker 2: That was my dog man.
Speaker 5: Good dude, man, I.
Speaker 2: Want to be going back to Chrislidy. Iceed tea or l l j M hmm.
Speaker 5: Ice tea.
Speaker 2: On your West Coacht. No, I'm not okay, your hotel nigga c that's all you got to.
Speaker 3: Say boys in the Hood of Minister's Society.
Speaker 4: I'm a huge l L fan. Don't give me I love l L. I'm a huge l L fan. Yeap that ship I thought I was. I think I was cut creator ship.
Speaker 5: I ain't never created that. I said, man, let me be cut.
Speaker 3: I was inspired by cut creator straight up boys in the Hood or menaceter Society movies.
Speaker 2: Uh oh way, uh damn.
Speaker 5: Let me see.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna have to say Uhi, minister Society skipped one too. I'm gonna though, you know what, I'm gonna say both on that one.
Speaker 2: I got on that one you make. I just get im about to switch the name.
Speaker 3: I know. That's why you kind of go to You're gonna say Biggie and biggo Okay, I did Biggie or big L.
Speaker 2: Big Al?
Speaker 5: Really yeah, big Al big L was hard the motherfucking yeah yeah ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I didn't get a chance to meet him, but a man all the homeboys, you know, I heard his music.
Speaker 5: I was like this nigga hard.
Speaker 4: He was on some thugs way back in there before a lot of gangs gangster ship was coming up.
Speaker 2: He was vicious and he had bars too. He was super Bars. Yeah, damn.
Speaker 4: H could you Big l by the way, Yes, indeed, yes, indeed, Biggie Biggie is my guy too. It's a freestyle with me, Snoop, Tupac and Big. It's on YouTube and you. Yeah, we was at the Glam Slam. I wasn't a hell before, but I was trying which slam, which crew and the Princess Club in l A. Because he had one out here too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but this was the one and up in downtown l A.
Speaker 4: And uh, that's wild we Uh, I'm telling you, poking Biggie was that they them niggas was.
Speaker 5: I don't understand how that ship got went this way and that way.
Speaker 2: Both Gemini, we was all.
Speaker 4: We was all working with each other, like oh, in the same freestyle and having a ball, and we was at different shows and ship doing ship party and all kinds of ship.
Speaker 2: You know, that ship just tripped me out. How this ship went that way?
Speaker 5: That went that way? Crazy?
Speaker 2: Go The next one is l A ship. I gotta get ni uh ship.
Speaker 5: I might have to say Easy.
Speaker 4: You know, I love Nipsey, but Easy is one of the guys who at the beginning, Yeah, it's the beginning of of of of a lot of this gangster ship from the gangster ship on the West Coast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, like all Queen Latifa.
Speaker 4: Oh wait, God damn, I'm gonna have to say both on that because uh, because both of them is my home girls, and they both do.
Speaker 5: They both thought ship.
Speaker 2: And the mother.
Speaker 3: I'm drinking great Champs man, he fasted, but I'm funked up with you right now.
Speaker 5: Yes, indeed, I think you do.
Speaker 2: The next three that's all West Coast. Come on, man, we were all hip hop right now. Man, what I like? I like? I like we supporting the West Coast man.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, all right, this one is the crew right here came up with this bad ass or a little half dead.
Speaker 2: Hey y'all, y'all crazy, Thank you for taking it out on them. Everyone takes it out on that home boy. But I gotta roll with bad ass on that one.
Speaker 3: Yes, indeed, all right, Chronic or doggy style, that's gonna be hard.
Speaker 5: I would imagine ship.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna have to go with the chronic hm hmm, because that was that was all of us as that was that, that was all. That was the same element that was on Doggy Style, but it was more uh, well, god damn, let me let me think about this.
Speaker 5: I mean, did you have to know what I'm atter?
Speaker 2: I take that back.
Speaker 5: I'm a have to go with both. I had to bring that one back. I had to run on that.
Speaker 2: But but in all respect, if it was for the crowd, that's would.
Speaker 5: Let it yesterday.
Speaker 3: You feel that you have the same input on Doggie Star that you.
Speaker 2: Have, Yeah, yeah it was.
Speaker 4: It was just I know I didn't have the same if I didn't produce nothing on the on the nothing on Doggie Style. Let me really think about it now.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, now, wait a minute, let me I have to think.
Speaker 5: I have to think about it with with what what what?
Speaker 2: What did I do?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 3: But I'm funked up that you didn't produce anything on Doggie Style, being that Snoop was your man.
Speaker 5: Gotta ask Snoop that ship.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying you you came. I'm not trying to make anything. That's a lot of ship. Yeah, it's a lot asist on Style.
Speaker 4: Which is no it was it was uh at that time that was kind of like that in that in that midst of I was I would say, yes, that was with this too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but that was in the midst of me being with death Jam.
Speaker 2: That's what it is.
Speaker 4: I wanted to do some ship with on doggie style ship, you know, just like uh this DJ this, this DJ.
Speaker 5: Snoop helped write that ship, and he did.
Speaker 2: He was on the hook.
Speaker 4: But Death Row wouldn't less Snoop. They wouldn't clear him. They was like, no, fuck that, we ain't clearing ship. And uh so I said, you know what, Okay, I gotta figure this ship out because it's gonna look crazy with you know, Snoop not doing this hook.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: So I took Snoop voice and I made it Chipmunks.
Speaker 4: If you listen, if you listen under under this that you're here, Yeah, you hear the Chipmunk Boys. Something that's new. And I read I did that. I redid the hook. He wrote the hook. I redid the hook.
Speaker 2: You goddam even?
Speaker 4: Uh okay now, and I'm just you know, getting this letting people notice, you know, corrupt help with writing.
Speaker 2: Do you see.
Speaker 5: You don't see what I see?
Speaker 2: Ever he got? Yeah, okay did. I don't know the credit.
Speaker 5: That's all good. But that's what we did with each other. I didn't done the Gang of Ship for them I ain't. I didn't say like it was synergy everybody. Everybody would would do anything. I think that's just like I said, like to Chronic.
Speaker 2: It felt like that like y'all were just working.
Speaker 5: That's it.
Speaker 4: We nouldn't. We didn't even we didn't even do buck up. No, we never did the business on none of that ship. So whoever somebody did this for that person, that's for you. If this person did that, yeah, that's for you. That's for your ship. That's for your ship. That's for your ship. We didn't come back saying I wrote this shit and did that. No, that's yours, that's yours.
Speaker 2: That's yours.
Speaker 5: But other than that ship, I did my ship.
Speaker 2: I ain't.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 4: You know, I've had people help out and certain on certain things. You know, everybody get help. You know, when we was in there doing the Chronic and different songs, there was a lot of a lot of help. You know, even like when mister Graham is wrapping on indoor smoke on the h and R puff the stuff and your lungs smoking on the chronic getting straight sprung.
Speaker 5: You know that that's my style. But go ahead, you I helped with that would help with helping him write that part, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So it's just inputting here and there. But that's just how we how we worked. It wasn't no nigga, I want this, I want that and I want that.
Speaker 5: Take that.
Speaker 4: Snoop will tell you he didn't done a Ganga ship for a gang of motherfuckers and they ain't charged them nothing, ain't asked me nothing.
Speaker 5: Same with me. I didn't done shit Like you gotta get charge, I gotta get mine.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 4: I ain't seen not one check from that, really, not one check from that. I ain't seen no money from Indo smoke and that went gold. I wasn't on my ship back then, you know, you know, and I could go after them. Now you should see the royalty check that they seen me from Sony. Uh that should be thirty five per cent? How the fuck is it thirty five? This motherfucker went gold? And you know by now the motherfuckers is beyond gold. Now ship that ship probably so many different platinums that you can't even name.
Speaker 2: It should take me more gas to put it in the bank, you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: So how the fuck, y'all? But it's my it's my fuck.
Speaker 4: Because I ain't had a hyena the go get off of their motherfucking ass. And out of all these motherfuckers, all of them, I guess the drink kicking in mother I motherfucking and all kind of ship.
Speaker 3: Alright, we said, Chronicle Dog the game of eminem.
Speaker 4: Eminem. Really, eminem is dope. I mean, I ain't saying game ain't dope, but eminem is. You gotta look at look at what the motherfucker wrote. Uh, things just ain't the same for gangsters. He wrote that that's one of my favorite fucking for dre Right.
Speaker 3: We got to clear it up because people don't know what we're talking about.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I thought Z wrote that, No Eminem wrote that. Jay Z wrote, how the fuck can you write this for this nigga?
Speaker 2: And the ship sounds like it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's like good point, good point.
Speaker 4: And then the motherfucker went diamond plus diamond plus diamond something and he's.
Speaker 5: Talented, you know.
Speaker 4: And I ain't, like I said, I ain't, I ain't taking ship from game. Game is dope too. Game is dope, but it's just it's it's they it's different, you know what I mean, Like like you say, he is a student he's a student gamer, student of the game too.
Speaker 2: It's just Eminem.
Speaker 4: I promise you that motherfucker wrote that ship like he was inside the dre body in his head.
Speaker 5: And that ship was so motherfucking hard.
Speaker 4: I was like, god damn, so when you asked me that, I had to give it to him on that one because that ship was dope.
Speaker 2: Game is dope too, Don't get me wrong. The ship he was doing was was hard too.
Speaker 1: And please forgive melly mail, pleasebody.
Speaker 4: But I guarantee you if he would have if he if he would have, you know, it would have it would have been more of a of a everybody would have been more like, okay, wait a minute now. If he would have did the his disc over that uh uh uh.
Speaker 5: Sometimes I want the uh uh, God damn, what's the uh uh uh boom boom boom boom.
Speaker 2: No, not Eminem.
Speaker 4: If was wrapped over the message doing his ship back then, the people probably be like, oh ship, wait a minute.
Speaker 5: But the record he did was like, nigga, you're doing some ship way back, you know, come back in that era. Ain't I ain't listening it, I ain't dising it.
Speaker 4: But he or he should have grabbed one of these young motherfucking producers, and I got on their ship to make it, you know, make it more of at.
Speaker 2: I ain't saying it ain't, you know it ain't.
Speaker 5: But he what he say this time? Put the paid back.
Speaker 2: What do you think something like that? You that look?
Speaker 4: Don't get me wrong. Melly Miller's my nigga. I love Melly Mall. That's a o g everything. But he he should have did it over a different type of music and made it more simple to where, okay, now we got something going here. Now okay, it could be another one, another part too, because it's all fun and games.
Speaker 5: You're saying he did it so old school like it's only like the old. Yeah, he went super old school with it. He went super old school. And he should have just came up, come up to this era and get down on this type of ship. That ship might open up a whole nother motherfucking lane for you with these young niggas. You know what I mean, you do some bus over the ship. He should have rhymed with some drill ship, some drill shit. No, not rhyming, No, not rhyming, drill shit.
Speaker 4: Rhyming like he rhymed the nigga did the message that ship that he know how to he know how to write, so you if you take your time, wouldn't be simple, would it, and just break that ship down? But you know, Melly Mail is my nigga. But that that that that uh, he probably should have, ain't I ain't. You know, he probably should have had a different a different beat, more up to air to where you know where it'll gravitate the young crowd to come in.
Speaker 5: And listen at the same time, you know, because.
Speaker 1: Melly Mail would have hit you and said, I need a beat to dis eminem on what you're giving her?
Speaker 2: Are you are? Are you answering a text?
Speaker 4: I couldn't get in it, Okay, I couldn't get in there. I couldn't get in there. I wouldn't get in Nobody Mixed, you know what I'm saying. But that's just how that's just how I am.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't get in Nobody mixed because I love.
Speaker 2: Both of them, you know.
Speaker 4: Just as as far as hip hop, uh you know, that's that's what I mean. As far as musically, I think he could have musically came a little better, you know, and it's you know, hey, but he ain't no buster.
Speaker 5: Though he came, he struck right back.
Speaker 2: He can't right back.
Speaker 5: That ship.
Speaker 2: Shid and as strong as a motherfucker. You got this strong strong yeah, hip hop Yes, indeed you know ship for Governor.
Speaker 5: Yes, that's my guy.
Speaker 2: I love Melly man. He's the truth man.
Speaker 5: Like you know that. You know a post that Fat Joe, Fat Joe.
Speaker 4: Fat Joe did a poster the other day where he had Meley Male performing and and I don't know where the fuck he was at, but he had a green suit on and he made everybody ship so this way, this way. Then he told that was the coldest ship I ever seen in a motherfucking concert. I swear to guy, that ship was dope. I was gonna steal it from doing repost that ship. That ship was so fucking dope. If y'all would have seen, you've seen what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: That ship tore. And then he came in with the When he came in.
Speaker 5: With the uh, god, damn, I keep I keep forgetting this.
Speaker 2: I see that he had the hat on to right, he had to.
Speaker 1: Have had the hat on with He walked out looking like a diesel prince.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he looked he looked like mother this way like Prince went to the gym.
Speaker 5: By the time they got to the middle was when he started his first his first verse on the boom boom bat boom boo. Oh my god, they went crazy.
Speaker 2: Up.
Speaker 4: The crowd went crazy. They start singing everything the hardest, fuck, big, goddamn right, that will hurt all of them. Yes, everybody flash h Ludacris Ortia.
Speaker 2: Ship.
Speaker 4: And boy y'all making it hard on me? Uh ship, Oh my god, Uh damn man, I'm you know.
Speaker 5: What, we got two more from you?
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 4: Uh, I think I'm gonna have to I think i'mnna have to bolted out. Let me think about it. I'm I'm I'm gonna have to dance. I'm leaning towards t I but and Ludle Chris is my nigga. T I been been Uh bodyguard hard? Uh bodyguard hard?
Speaker 5: Uh what what what he was?
Speaker 2: What he was doing? Uh? Ship?
Speaker 4: Damn y'all, y'all, y'all got me with that one. Uh, I'm gonna have to go with both on that yesterday.
Speaker 5: Got the next one death row or ruthless damn ship like this ship, I'm gonna have to roll with death roll y. Yeah, yeah, alright, I'm up.
Speaker 2: Going back corrupt. Okay, Okay, let me get this. Wren hard than motherfucker hard.
Speaker 5: Yeahn one of the hardest, underrated, underrated Yeah yeah yeah, Rim Wren is hard than the motherfucker. If it ain't rough, it ain't me that nigga was hard. He is still rod still. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, rough Riders or rock a fucker ship.
Speaker 5: Uh uh ship. I'm gonna have to roll with the rough Riders, man, I got to do it.
Speaker 4: Okay, Knives, Kenny Kenny Butler, and that Kenny Kenny Butler, my homeboy. I had a chance to really chap it up with DMX and themics, you know, you know, not saying that Rockefeller. You know, I'm the only person I got a chance to really chat with with Rockefeller was Benny Siegel, you know, uh me and Jay z we we we never really had a kind of like a conversation or sat and chatted or anything.
Speaker 5: But but I love what he do and I would love to produce some ship for him that that'd.
Speaker 2: Be That would be crazy.
Speaker 4: I would love to do that has to happen, man, Yeah, I would love to produce something that has to happen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I bet he hit me like warring.
Speaker 2: I need some ship.
Speaker 5: I'll get nervous in the mother hold up this nigga, just say one no, no, I'll go. I'll go on the fun.
Speaker 2: Mother crazy. No you killing nas or rock himp.
Speaker 5: Yeah, damn, I'm gonna have to go with both on that one.
Speaker 2: Right, that's good. Let me get the hold on. Let me get this one and don't give you.
Speaker 4: Care rest one or Jada ki, I don't think that's fair. Uh k r S one, Jada kisses my guy. I love him with KRS one. You gotta you gotta. He did the ship he did now I know, I know I ain't tripping what he did. The south bronk south side bronk in the.
Speaker 2: In the in the thing. Now's is the guy over the whole and he did the bridge is over. He did all of that ship. I'm like, God, damn, I said.
Speaker 5: I was like, I hope that don't start nothing, that motherfucker. But I was like, I was like that that was that.
Speaker 4: You know that nigga got that nigga gott class's friends not saying that Jada don't have classic teacher.
Speaker 3: He just I think he's one, he's the teacher.
Speaker 4: Teacher he wanted, he's the teacher of hip hop like he really be speaking. Yeah, he's spending gang every thing he talked about, he's spending game in a way to as far as guidance, you know, and doing something you're not saying that. Jada Kiss ain't doing it. He like me, we're gonna talk about some bud. We're gonna tell you some ship, but we're gonna put that bud imlemented.
Speaker 5: Our party ship with it. And you know, the time he started talking, in my mind, the whole crowd had a book in the hand.
Speaker 2: In my mind, my mind, in my mind, I'm not saying this. He started talking to like everybody had a.
Speaker 5: Book like this, like oh, yes, yes, indeed, Okay, you want to go on to some l a ship, go ahead.
Speaker 3: Well this is Texas to RBX or Sam Snead.
Speaker 5: Rb X. Okay, sugar puff sugar puff sugar.
Speaker 2: Not sugar puff sugar or puff.
Speaker 5: Sugar puff sugar puff. D uh do a compilation together that sugar bowl sugar pluff. Damn, that's what I thought.
Speaker 2: He should you seen that.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna have to go with both on that one.
Speaker 1: Okay, oh, Ship, we gotta come over with the compilation now, Sugar Parf Sugar poth of them five.
Speaker 5: Songs and five songs one? Oh, okay the sorce or Excel, Oh Ship, the Source, Big Ups and Zeno, Yes.
Speaker 2: Indeed, thank you, Big Daddy Kane or Slick Rick.
Speaker 5: Ship? Uh both, Let's go.
Speaker 2: God damn Oh you got the next one? Oh you want me to tell you do you got? She said, you got another one on the side. Okay, okay, Ship, you just slid that one on me. Yea, God damn.
Speaker 5: No, Lady Ragel yo yo hm both okay, they both dope. Okay, listen, Okay you ready, Damn I'm like, I won't like that. Okay, getting there.
Speaker 2: For real? Or Kanye West.
Speaker 5: Damn Ship.
Speaker 4: Uh, i'might have the road with Kanye Okay, I love for real. I love for real.
Speaker 5: He's dope.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 4: I heard he wanted to work with me back in the day, but nobody never contacted me to tell me that. Yeah, but Kanye that I grounded, we was, we was, I was we was you know before any uh anything. Just to see the progress that he made from being in this little ass studio with a thousand fucking like hundreds of thousands of records, all the way up and down the stairs and it being cold is fucking Chicago when I went to go see him, Wow, And then just to think the things that he did and the production his production is, it reminds me of myself. You know, I'll be telling these motherfuckers I was the I was the drake of the nineties, you know, oh the ladies.
Speaker 2: Look, I ain't lie, you know, I ain't you know all?
Speaker 5: You know all I was worn. Oh yeah, l warn man back in the nineties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is a good one.
Speaker 5: Man. Jeorge Clinton or Blowfly? Oh, oh my god?
Speaker 2: Both?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Oh my god, the hardest. I'm have to roll with both. Wait wait, let me wait a minute. Now, wait a minute, think about it. Who are your syp more?
Speaker 2: I gotta roll with George Clinton? Yeah, I had to roll drink. I don't know Ellmatic or Ready to Die?
Speaker 5: God damn yeah, show it's cold?
Speaker 2: Uh? Who did you both? Who did you really listen to? Listen? I just want to I want to know.
Speaker 5: I listened to both of them.
Speaker 4: If I had to do it like that, I listened to Illmatic more because that was out the way before that. But I'm gonna go with both because they was both though for record. Yeah, and still and I got up. I still got the blue Nives hoodie with the orange knives on the way from way back in the day. Because I believe it or not, Depth Jam was with Sony and before PolyGram, so uh, me and me and Nis used to fly on the plane.
Speaker 2: You don't connected by the conglomerate.
Speaker 4: And Nas was on Sony, so we both Sony artists, so we were. They had us flying together, me and Nis lot to l A, back to New York, back to A. So we were flying together, you and I A record would be crazy. That's another guy I would I would record. You know what A lot a lot of these artists, they don't really understand that there's somebody say send me some beats. But the way I am is, you know, if you want to get the best out of it, Yeah, let's sit in that mon like we're doing right now. We're talking, we vibe and let's sit in that motherfucking.
Speaker 5: Understand each other.
Speaker 2: And that's the interview on Zoom.
Speaker 5: Yes, indeed, that's when the best, Yeah, the best is gonna come out.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, subject, but I say I say That's the reason why the music for the nineties was so good is because back then I couldn't. I had to go to I had to go to your studio, you had to come to my spior to sit down. You had to make music together. And now it's just it's just trash music. I'm not not trash music. Let me not call it trash disposable music, because all I'm doing is trying to get your feeling and then I'm trying to match my verse what to take I supposed so when you were saying when you made THEO, I was there.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean, when you made the beat, nothing you would be I would love to get down with him. You know what I did that A lot of people, Uh remember to pick it up? Pick it up?
Speaker 4: The remix booms boom boom, boom, boom boom boom.
Speaker 2: I did that.
Speaker 4: Remember the slick Rick behind bars. He was pissed off. He slick Rick didn't like it. But but but Russell them had to tell him, like, Nigga, don't worry about the ship is dope.
Speaker 5: That dumb diddy.
Speaker 4: Dumb diddy did he dodd he This type of ship happens every day. Produced that ship for slick Rick and that ship went gold.
Speaker 2: He understood that.
Speaker 5: Was dope, you know, and he snick Rick is dope as fu. But he just didn't understand because he was like, you can't mix this with that in the shell and uh gave that nigga go.
Speaker 2: You saw you saw the Bis Marquee. Uh I didn't. I didn't came out, did it. I didn't know what came out.
Speaker 3: I've seen the trailer for so Bis Marquis used to go out and do Lottie Dottie and say it was him.
Speaker 2: It was his rhymes wo performance. Pole thought it was his ship.
Speaker 12: Okay, yeah, yes, and day so Kendrick Lamar or Ja Cole, Uh that's ship uh.
Speaker 2: Because Ja Cole is like your cousin Jacob.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm after row, I'm after roll with both, okay.
Speaker 2: Okay, and you know they're the best that we have right now. Yeah. You know what triped me out as J Cole.
Speaker 4: It's on a video probably on YouTube from where I've seen the ship. And when we was recently in rally, I was trying to reach out to try to get him to come to the show because he said that my album, Uh he said mentioned Tupac. He was like those he was like Warren G. Tupac and she says, and some other records. He said, those were the albums that inspired me to do what I do rapping. So I wanted them to come see the show live. Let me come see me do this ship take it that ship that you.
Speaker 1: Dropping this next week, he's gonna see it rap C or MTV raps.
Speaker 5: Oh way, Rap City.
Speaker 3: I got the next one. I love my dog Man ogs right here, King T m C eight.
Speaker 2: Ship uh.
Speaker 5: Ship way damn.
Speaker 4: I got the roll with King Takers, King with King T, with was was was was right there with Ice Tea. They had like a little thing kind of not no serious beef or nothing, but it was like the battle over the tee.
Speaker 2: Who was the.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was like King T and Ice Tea like who was the who was the who was who was the ting?
Speaker 2: T was hard too.
Speaker 5: Now ship that man that nigga that y'all need.
Speaker 2: To go back and listen to, Oh my God, at the fool.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna tell you a guy that don't nobody never talk about was Mixed Masters, Fade talk about it. Vicious said, don't want to go to the liquor, stove a and get some a ball.
Speaker 2: Baby, gets some a ball. I want to make that right now. Niggas don't know.
Speaker 4: The rest in Peace Mixed Master Spade, but you know, but he was, he was original.
Speaker 2: That's he from Compton.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and nobody never nobody don't even like he was more people don't really understand like he was one of the ones too in the beginning, Mixed Master Spade, that was that was putting it down. Yeah, you want Egyptian lover. I'm sorry, y'all, just Egyptian lovers kind of like our cool hurt, you know what I mean, from the West Coast, the l a dream team like all those people, you know, all kind of all different kind of guys.
Speaker 5: We had some some you know, the Captain Rap was from Loan.
Speaker 4: Beach, like Prince, the Arabian Prince, you know, these were these were you know the guys like that was that was setting it off before a week we you know, could was we was listening, but it was you know, breaking the ship back there like with with Ice teaming him like you know, will break and all.
Speaker 5: That ship came out, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Wang my jaw jacking Wu tang or n w A.
Speaker 5: Ship.
Speaker 2: Uh, come on you Wu tang in w A.
Speaker 4: Uh, I'm after I'm after mash with n w A. They shipped required and ghost facing method Man and my guys. But these them niggas shif you listen to that niggas them the niggas n w any of the n w A albums. The way they put that ship together, that ship is that's like the greatest of all time as far as hip hop production from Dre with in the in in hip hop period. The way it was structured because it was it was a movie. He took you on the journey and took made it the movie. That's what I mean about.
Speaker 2: It was a movie.
Speaker 5: It's acted out and then it's brought into a song.
Speaker 1: Compton classic hip hop skits always wind up as a movie, yes and always sorry to jump off subject.
Speaker 2: Right, Let's go to the next one. I got Exhibit arrast Cas.
Speaker 5: Exhibit Yeah.
Speaker 2: I like this Mac TENN and w C dub C. Let's go ship uh with both of them.
Speaker 5: But I got a roll with dub C.
Speaker 2: Okay, Ghetto Boys U g K.
Speaker 5: Ship. I'm gonna have to go both on that one. Well, well, I mean gotta go with both.
Speaker 4: Look, I'm gonna get I'm gonna tell you I'm gonna tell you all some cold ship.
Speaker 2: He came.
Speaker 4: When he came, when hemc got out of jail, he came. He came to California. He came to my studio. I had a studio in Lake Forest, California. He came to my studio. We sat in that motherfucker and talked and and just thinking, you know, about things we was getting ready to do musically. So we and just he just wanted to see me, you know. So we was in that motherfucker just just chopping it up. He was telling me about when he was had he was in a riot in jail where he said, Nigga, I had on that but my boxes, nigga and uh and and he said I was put on oil all over my body, said nigga had put my boots on.
Speaker 5: Nigga ready to go you know at the out there in the rocket. Yeah, yes, getting ready to go down.
Speaker 4: And he came back again and he called me when when the ship happened with him, he called, I still got the voice message.
Speaker 5: That's how deep this is. I still got the voice message where he called me.
Speaker 4: He said one he said, I don't know what you're doing tonight, but I'm at the Little Madrion Hotel. I'm getting ready to get down with too Short tonight. He said, if you got to di g O two whatever, he said, I forgot what else he said, he said, but I guess on the voicemail he said, whatever, he said, I'm in I'm at the hotel. He said, come to the hotel, he said, he said, He said, uh, after I get down with Short, we could work on some music.
Speaker 5: And he said, it's going down.
Speaker 2: That's the last.
Speaker 5: That's the loud. Just like just there was that and then then he called he thought he you know, that.
Speaker 4: Was the last voice message I got from him, and then actually was two of them. Then he called me again and he left a voice message because he was trying to get in contact with Snoop because he wanted to drop him a jacket off. Oh wow, and that if that Monday is when all that's all this ship the news broke about him passing away and that ship, that ship crushed me, you know, yeah, yeah, rest in peace, Pampsy, you know that was that was that was that was my guy, Pimpsy three two, Big Mike aut was all my gods.
Speaker 5: Yeah, on analog or digital analogy d O C or MC breed ship Uh d OC NPC sixty or n PC two thousand Ship, I'm gonna have to go with NPC two thousand. Okay, even though I still got the NPC sixty that was used on the chronic, I still got it the same one. Drake taught me.
Speaker 2: Wow, the far side of digital underground ship?
Speaker 5: Uh digital underground really?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Next one too, next above the law or comfortables wanted ship?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 5: Who I'm gonna go with both on that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let me get my drink.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go they was. I got to write it, yes, and uh, actually, I'm gonna tell you a cold story.
Speaker 1: This.
Speaker 5: This is gonna flick everybody up.
Speaker 4: I was introduced to g Funk through Above the Law. You know, they were the first ones.
Speaker 2: They were.
Speaker 5: They was claiming g Funk. That's what that was the for you. I look check this out.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: I used to be around, like I said, as a pup, hanging around the studio out on the street, nowhere to go. Uh lay Law one eight seven took me in with them, the law above the Law. Who came KMGK go Mac KMG, total chaos. They took me in with them and uh uh we was moved then with him were they started fucking with me just because they saying I was a young motherfucker just eager to learn. So they I lived with him. I didn't really have no place to stay, so I lived with them, and uh they was G funk. So they made me G funk from him because like I said, one eighty seven taught me how to work the n PC sixty two along with with Drake taught me as well.
Speaker 5: So they were G funks.
Speaker 4: So that that I became part of that, you know what I mean, funk straight up repping it, you know. And uh so I carried on G funk no matter what because that's what it was. I ain't gonna say it was like a gang, but it was like, you know, this is the G funk music, like the click, this is like G funk. That what we do is a G funk. So what I did was I still kept going with the name, moving with it. What I did is I took it and I made it worldwide to a whole another genre where they saying it's a genre of music now because but but if that's the G funk wreck. The G funk Era is my my my branch, my part of the G Funk. But the niggas who turned me on the G funk was above the law.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: So when you hear that, you know, and I'm letting y'all know, Yeah, yeah, yeah, yes, indeed, you know. I'm I'm I'm G Funk, I'm gfunk regulate the G funk Era. That's that's that's one, you know, that's that's another branch off of off of the whole uh G funk brand name. And uh, I'm I'm I took it and took it to a whole different roalm and to where now you go anywhere and they like G funk, you know, G funk, G funk funk, you know. And and I just had to say that just to let the sept to say, let them know, you know, let them know, because motherfucker's be you know. Sometimes they were like whoa, whoa they they the ones that did G funk this.
Speaker 5: But motherfucker, you don't know.
Speaker 4: I was around these motherfuckers that at the beginning stages nigga, and they made me a part of that ship. So that's what the fuck it is, and I took it to a whole nother motherfucking era. I made it worldwide and made it nun so everybody know what g funk is now, you know?
Speaker 3: God?
Speaker 5: Yeah, the next was I Spas and the little.
Speaker 3: Maybe y'all know drink Chance wants to give flowers while people are here to receive them given flowers and celebrating our legends while they can still smell them. We have partnered with What the Flower to create this movement where everyone can give flowers to the legends in their lives. You can now order a custom flower box for the someone you want to show appreciation to by visiting www dot wt flower dot com and place your orders.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: I love the baby watching man. I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: You know this means more than any award that you can get on some real ship, because it means that you appreciated by your peers, You appreciated by the.
Speaker 2: People that you do it for. And not accept my flowers.
Speaker 7: The lynch mob or Cypress Hill ship. I gotta go with both on that man. At all this ship, they got me up here, God damn Bill, y'all got.
Speaker 2: Me up here. Look at it and so all this all this I do take that. It's all good. This is the last one for the time. Slap. We can get back to but we can keep. We want to get back to the interview.
Speaker 1: But and this everyone thinks, because none of these are really trick questions, this is probably the only one that's the trick question, loyalty or respect.
Speaker 2: Loyalty you explain why.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just I love loyalty because you know, you don't have to you don't have to look over your shoulder, you know what I mean, you don't have to. You know, you got to stay down with the people who was down with you and never you know, never transform on them. And you know, like I said, the people that's that's been down with you from the gate, you can't be disloyal to you know. Like like Snoop, I think this nigga got over thirty All these niggas got in here, got over thirty years of loyalty for me, all of these niggas, it's more than thirty years. I'm talking to elementary school all the way up. And we did go to elementary school together, a lot of us in here right now. We went to elementary school Bible study, you know.
Speaker 5: So it's a you know, it's loyalty.
Speaker 4: You know, I've worked with a lot of artists, you know, but I would just sit back just to see how they are, pathet. It's it's like a lot of artists I work with, I just I just chill just to see how they are, you know, to see if they got loyalty.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: It was a lot of them that didn't have no law to you know, they were just it was just you know, using you know, using like myself, a leverage too, because when when I once I said okay, I'm cool, they took that leverage with whatever and then got situations.
Speaker 5: In other places. So it was it was, it was, it's it's loyalty all the way.
Speaker 2: Lord, let me.
Speaker 1: Ask you, you got time dispectus. You've been torn all a long time. I've been What is on your rider? If a person has to.
Speaker 5: I got, I got beer. Uh, I drink beer on beer.
Speaker 4: I drink Medelo Modelo. Y'all better get out drinking their own beer.
Speaker 2: You don't have it.
Speaker 5: I don't have my own beer, but you got to get your beer or modello kick in.
Speaker 2: I'll drinking.
Speaker 6: Me.
Speaker 2: And that's not Medalia is the Puerto Rican.
Speaker 5: And uh Modelo.
Speaker 4: Water, fruits, vegetables, salmon, brown rice, uh uh.
Speaker 5: Popeye's, Uh.
Speaker 2: Barbecue, you have all the healthy ship.
Speaker 10: I mean.
Speaker 4: I got I got, I got cheat here and there, but I got I got all. I got everybody else that that's there. They got to eat some ship too, and uh barbecue, which is what That's one of the main things that I really love to do. Yeah, that's my grill. That's nope. I got my own barbecue, sauces and rubs.
Speaker 2: I actually to grab my rubs.
Speaker 5: I ain't got I got. I got my rubs with me.
Speaker 2: Man. I've been on the road cooking for snoop. They is the bus close by? Okay?
Speaker 4: If it is, I got them in my drawer. Where a couple of noodles is, I'm a couple of noodles I was on it last night. I mean my couple of noodles.
Speaker 2: So how did you get your own sauce?
Speaker 4: Well, my father inspired me, man, just by all the family functions and and a lot of pitmasters of today and back in the day. My dad like just going to family unions and family functions where y'all cooking, they having fun, talking this great conversations, music playing and kids having a good time. All that ship stuck with me so as a young team. And you can ask Snoop, this ship everywhere we was on the dope spot everywhere.
Speaker 2: I would even even uh Fabian.
Speaker 4: I would always try to cook, you know, cook just because it would change the vibe. And uh, I wasn't that good of a cook back then. But now I'm on my ship now. Now I'm the hip hop pit master now. And uh so everybody was like, warning, you gotta, you know, start create your own products along with your barbecue brand, that your name that you're doing because you posting ship everywhere.
Speaker 2: That ship look good. It tastes good.
Speaker 5: Everybody tasted.
Speaker 4: And so I got with some of my friends and we we created uh three sauces. The old Smoky that we brings heat in the original, the Oldie Smoky we brings hit in the original sauce. And I have two rubs have the all purposes and I have the Sniffer Griffin's original uh rub, which is strictly a part.
Speaker 5: It will be some talking to, you know, a lot of a lot of powerhouse Charles. Yes indeed, a he's a good guy. Yes indeed take that. But let me just finish. What's on your rider?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Uh ship barbecue, fruits, vegetables, water, salmon, brown rice.
Speaker 5: Popeyes, Uh back in.
Speaker 2: You know, I do it as a joke, but I say bad.
Speaker 5: Bitches just a joke because I like people to see and they say bad bitches. I'm like from the trip, So I say, I say crazy ship to him.
Speaker 4: I say all kind of crazy ship to him, zig zags, Uh, just to see, you know.
Speaker 5: And when what was a trip? Is that one of the places I went to.
Speaker 4: Uh, they did a joke on me, and so I walked in the dressing room and he was like, here go your bad bitches, and there was a cardboard woman.
Speaker 2: Sitting there, like.
Speaker 4: But it was a life sized cardboard one. I'm like, get out of here with that ship. But uh, you know, I do that ship just to just to joke with them and have fun. But that was That's pretty much my rider. I ain't got a crazy right I told Xbox. Uh, I'm a huge gamer war G twenty first Street. I play Call of Due us to bring you an Xbox, you take the Xbox.
Speaker 2: Or you give it back.
Speaker 5: I got my own, so I just bring my own.
Speaker 2: I got to bring your Xbox I said, that's cold, that's cool.
Speaker 5: But you know they some of them don't follow the rules, right.
Speaker 2: But I got I got.
Speaker 4: I got my own ship just in case. So I got my own ship. This TV, the whole nine. And I'm a huge gamer man. I love I love gaming.
Speaker 5: Uh game, yeah ship.
Speaker 4: I play everything, Club G, Call of Duty, Battlefield, Madden n B A two k uh prominence, poker driven back.
Speaker 5: Of the Day, Double dribble, Oh definitely double. I'm a double dribble Legend of Zelda, super Mario kind of guy.
Speaker 2: That means your believe. That means I'm in the eighty legend of Zelda. Still bother it. I woant know. Listen, listen, where did we go? We had to pick up the PS five? We went? Remember we went?
Speaker 1: We had to sign autographs to pick up the PS five.
Speaker 2: We had to do it.
Speaker 1: A dude came up to me in that place and he had the Legend of Zelda. He was like, I know this is your favorite game, and I signed it because he's a nerd. He's a nerd. He knew that that was one of those is my two and of duck Hut. You remember duck Hut?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, believe it or not.
Speaker 4: That's like a that's a getaway, you know, like a getaway. Like even though I do all this ship, I get away.
Speaker 2: I'm a gamer. I really have to get away.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: It's a funny story. This is crazy ship.
Speaker 1: Nintendo was based out of a garage or like a place, right, Nintendo skyrocketed down. The land lord was a dude who looked like Mario. So Nintendo so so the guy who looked like Mario. They gave Nintendo a three months or whatever. Nintendo skyrocketed from there, and that's the reason why they made the character Mario.
Speaker 2: Is they look right.
Speaker 1: I read this sit the other day. That ship blew my mind. I was like, you ready to Oh ayeah?
Speaker 2: Look look it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wen't look it up. It's the Nintendo. It was in a basement like some crazy ship and the landlord. It was the land Mario and Luigi was two brothers. There was the landlord. Look look look at that ship.
Speaker 2: Look at that ship. So crazy. Paul, don't leave your face, watch you watch he's a porno. God give him his phone back.
Speaker 5: Right now.
Speaker 2: Hello yo.
Speaker 1: So sorry to ask the cliche question like this, but to tell you that it's ready to not exact cliche.
Speaker 2: Did you think hip hop would ever make it this fall? Uh?
Speaker 3: Not not?
Speaker 2: No, I didn't.
Speaker 4: I didn't think it would make it this far because of how how much you know, when you had the government and everybody coming down on it, like this ship ain't Yeah, this ship ain't getting ready to last, you know, and then.
Speaker 2: Like see the Lord's tuck up and they were sucking right.
Speaker 4: And when and uh when when Snoop first came out, you had the guys they he's a rapper and they.
Speaker 5: Dumped all his tapes and.
Speaker 2: With the construction ship.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it was like, damn this ship. They're really trying to stop what the fuck we're doing?
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 4: But but to see it get this far and to see that hip hop is what's pushing corporations today.
Speaker 5: It's a beautiful motherfucking thing.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: Just to see this ship still here and still popping and uh and it's not gonna never.
Speaker 2: Stop, you know, go to the Olympics. Let's think about that, right.
Speaker 5: This ship is this is huge.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 1: I ain't allow you see crazy legs on stage. I say that I seen the step or two.
Speaker 2: Man, that was his last last one, last one, My man. I love you, I think it was.
Speaker 1: He said that was his last of his age. Bro, he did, we need you to come out to your last DJ. We need to see if you still got it. Yes, oh yeah, ship, but and you did?
Speaker 2: You did? You did? What did? Was that fact camp? What was it?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 5: Damn What was the name of that ship?
Speaker 2: Ship?
Speaker 5: God? Damn it, I'm gonna tell you that. I can't remember the name.
Speaker 2: And yeah it was.
Speaker 1: Uh it was called your fact Google the nigga you the Google? How you going to sitting there mysteriously, nigga be googling' sposed to be thinking with us?
Speaker 2: That's our job. It was the cool Well you won that ship, right? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I want that ship.
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 5: It was cool, man, it was.
Speaker 2: It was a cool celebrity Yeah, yeah, it was.
Speaker 4: It was a trip because when I got the call, they was like, they want you to get on celebrity fists.
Speaker 5: I was like, man, I ain't doing that bulls ship.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: So they came back again and said, we're gonna pay you da da da Dada said, I mean, I said, hm, so, y'all gonna pay me to eat good and to work out?
Speaker 5: I said, ship, fuck it, let me try it. Let me see how this ship work out.
Speaker 2: Like a godfather. Yeah came. I was like, fuck it, let me try it. And it was fun. Man.
Speaker 5: I had a lot of good fun with everybody that was involved in that. Actually the Brat was on there.
Speaker 2: She was on my team. It was me the brat.
Speaker 5: Uh Uh.
Speaker 4: Justin Diamond screech and uh screech and uh the one cat he the head of a TV show. Now, god damn it, what's it dust dust Dustin Diamond, that's Screech right, and uh the other cat he on the Uh he had one of these TV shows right now. No, no, it's uh, god damn it.
Speaker 5: What's his name? That was tripping?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 5: He was part of my team. It was me the Brad Kleaders.
Speaker 4: It was me the Brad Cleats and uh Dustin and uh the other cat I forgot his name.
Speaker 5: Uh he's huge too. Like his TV ship talk show.
Speaker 4: He'd be on there with Ah, it's him and uh watch be Mela. I forgot to watching being Meela's first night, damn it. Uh he was an ex NFL player.
Speaker 3: That was.
Speaker 5: They all that they shipped on that study. I didn't do marriage.
Speaker 2: What else you do? Don't't?
Speaker 5: I ain't gonna do that. Well, no, what else?
Speaker 2: Because you did shows?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 5: No, that was it?
Speaker 6: That was it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was it.
Speaker 2: We did it twice or no, no, I just did it one time. Yeah, and you like to be out of the TV or no.
Speaker 4: Yeah that was cool. You know, the celebrity field was cool. But I I can't do none of that marriage boot camp, none of that ship.
Speaker 2: I'm sure that I did it. I did it. I have fun I did. I did it during COVID. Yeah, during COVID. I just I did that. And I I ain't arguing, like I don't be wanting they want to be.
Speaker 4: I don't want to get in get into it and all that ship, you know, because I'll be squabbing like them up.
Speaker 5: They kicked me right off that motherfucker ship.
Speaker 2: So are you all?
Speaker 5: Are you going to do a documentary about the two one three? Like the experiences at the beginning.
Speaker 4: I've been I've been pitching the you know, you know, I've been I've been getting that snoop a body for a while.
Speaker 2: Just for us to do a biopic on uh good documentary first.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Okay, a biopic would be crazy because it uh it's a cold story of three three different stories but ended up coming all together, coming all three different journeys coming together and and and creating some ship that would be crazy. You know that that that changed a lot in the music industry as far as a new sound. And we was inspired as well by four one five, which was Richie Richard, D Lowe and the jig and that I can't pronounce it all the way with Richie Richard, he probably like nigga, you tripping out? Yeah, the Barry four one five inspired us to That's why we was called two one three Wow. Yeah, because of because the bear huh that's big, Yes, indeed, yeah, and uh that was Richie rich and d lo and and the gov and the jig and the I can't I still can't pronounced it, but those was my guys.
Speaker 5: Yes, indeed.
Speaker 2: Now now let me ask you because.
Speaker 1: During these times that we were going through, the big thing was like the defund the police, right uh huh. And now they announced in l A that like actually stealing, Yeah, it's not a crime. I don't want to say that they're saying it's not a crime, but they're saying it's like it's like the police won't even react, like like.
Speaker 4: That ship that ship is crazy as a motherfucker. I don't I don't understand what what what this, what this is for? But I think that that it's making us look fucked up, you know, like like like we're out of control, like like they always stop, uh, you know. And and and potentially I think somebody gonna get killed doing that ship.
Speaker 2: And I see and I see people riding in the mall. Yeah now they just running out grass.
Speaker 1: And then when I look, it's always in like yeah, California area because.
Speaker 4: That's where it's just California, yeah wow. And and it's just it's like it's like it's a uh, I mean, I really don't understand it. But but somebody going they're gonna what's gonna happen is the owners of those stores they're gonna start striking back and they're gonna start shooting these motherfuckers.
Speaker 5: I'm telling you.
Speaker 4: I see this ship and then and uh, it's like why would you guys leave and leave open season like that for these kids to.
Speaker 6: Do this, you know?
Speaker 4: And and at the same time, some of them motherfucking parents like in my era, because it's those are that's our off springs out there doing you know, doing this ship. These parents got to step up, step back up again and start in stealing motherfucking morals and to these families because this ship is getting out of control, and it's like it's it's like what is the whope, what's the future of of if somebody got to get get this ship under control? You know, we we we got to get a leader again. We don't have leaders like we had back in the day. We got to get leaders out, leaders again. You know, I'll be checking out the dude doctor Umar. Yeah, he he's a he's a good guy that him, like doctor Umar, fairy Khan like guys like that. And we don't have like that type of stuff no. More like like like we had Martin Luther King's and all of the you know, the the uh dig Griffy, and we had a bunch of people that could speak for us. We don't have a whole bunch of people, like a whole bunch of people like back then.
Speaker 5: We only got a few people that can speak.
Speaker 4: And then it's hard to get these teenagers to understand and to get America to understand that we're not trying to turn them against you. We're trying to make it We're trying to get our people right and get ourselves together. We're not trying to uh bash all you motherfuckers and this and that and this. Look at this ship. These motherfuckers are running out of store. So of course I'm appreach out here to all the youth to try to change their shit so they don't be locked up in the system, a jail system to where it's big time billionaires and shit making money. You know what I mean, that's what that's where all of the kids is gonna go if their parents don't get this shit together, or or we need to get with California and get out who's ever control to get that ship?
Speaker 5: They fixed that ship.
Speaker 2: Because it's the whole state of California.
Speaker 1: Because I read this morning that there's a federal building of San Francisco they closed down. Serious, they closed down because there's too much drug sells a federal Yeah, too much drug.
Speaker 2: Sells San Francisco. That's how crazy.
Speaker 1: They shut down a federal building because people they had the limit where it's like selling crack is not a federal offense.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I got a whole bunch of family.
Speaker 2: Just think about it.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be the about you have to have for it to be federal, So selling crack in front of a.
Speaker 2: Federal building is not a federal offense. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: They told the people to stay home. This is read in this morning, this morning. This is that they're saying.
Speaker 2: That's how crazy And it's almost like crazy.
Speaker 1: It's almost like California is leading the way of this like anarchy. It is crazy about the laws of California.
Speaker 2: No no, no law.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 4: But see now it's the people got to step up, you know and get back at the at the California like look hold up, you know, let's let's let's get some kind of structure here, because we look like some goddamn animals right now. That ship looks bad.
Speaker 2: Better than this. Who the governor that I don't I don't know they wasn't that he want that bad, don't. I Mean?
Speaker 4: The thing that he did though, was was, uh, he should have stopped Tookey from getting executed. That was crazy with you? What would you okay that it's crazy when this dude has got kid books, he doing ship for the youth, like teaching them, teaching them ship, you know, because he wouldn't you know, the brief or whatever.
Speaker 5: Fuck all that ship. Look past all that ship. This motherfucker doing something positive, but he pushed a button on him. You know, you know, I don't I don't really get in all of that.
Speaker 2: I don't get into all that political.
Speaker 4: At the same time, we got to get some morals back jumping in these households because this ship is crazy. My kids beat to think they think I'm mean because I anything that they do, I'll be on their.
Speaker 5: Ass about it.
Speaker 4: Like you know, I'm warrant g but I'm a dad at the same time, and I gotta be on the ass. It's like, you guys are gonna have to understand it's morals here. These are the things that I had to go through. So I'm teaching you guys this stuff. So y'all don't be lost. You know, and know how to move and then you know how to have you know, know how to have a family, know how to teach your kids. Should not having them all over the internet cussing and ship like that going viral. Fuck all that ship. That ship is stupid. It's making us as the people look stupid. Hey, motherfuckers might be like, yeah, want whatever, but hey, you know, don't get me wrong.
Speaker 2: I have fun too.
Speaker 5: That ship is out of control.
Speaker 4: All the stupid ship, all the stupid shit out there like this little ass kids cussing and ship bitch fuck you in the classrooms.
Speaker 2: Nigga said, fuck you bitch.
Speaker 1: I said, Oh, by the way, he said it better than I was saying.
Speaker 2: I said this. Nigga, I practice.
Speaker 4: Got his ass, will still have motherfucking whelps on it out his ass up like you boy, you ain't never getting ready to do no ship like that again, because that's how we used to get it.
Speaker 2: You know, we we got it.
Speaker 4: It might be it's probably brutal. People say it was brutal, but we used to get the extension code.
Speaker 2: It was right that we need to start using PlayStation cards.
Speaker 1: Man, that's the chord. Hold what do you like more performing the record or making the record?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Ship? Uh, let's take a shot?
Speaker 5: Yeah you god damn.
Speaker 2: Shot?
Speaker 5: Hold on, hold on, I got with you though, yes and day both. You know what, what's all about your music is whether you're a gang binger or not.
Speaker 2: Gag, you still make that music that makes that the West Coast.
Speaker 1: I don't know if this is a game making you know what I'm talking about that it's like talking about listen to that, I just move off.
Speaker 2: I think that that that's not is that a gang, that's a gang. Then that's what that's against the Bugget.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's the gangs, the Bugget gainst the Bugget. And then when you you know that's a gang, the Bugget, and then you know, then you've got the one.
Speaker 2: You got the party with the girl, and.
Speaker 9: That's and and the first thing that motherfucker used to do was pome yeah, your head on the shoulder doing that ship like damn.
Speaker 1: I remember me being from the East Coast and be just looking at it's a society, a boy and me seeing y'all barbecuing and happening the guns on your you're just like I was like, damn, it's like in New York every year, the worst time is the summertime.
Speaker 2: It's the best time. It's the worst time as far as violence. And then me realizing y'all on summer all.
Speaker 5: Year, yeah, yeah, all year.
Speaker 2: Y'all Like oh yeah, So I was like I realized.
Speaker 1: I thought to realize, like I always think it was black people, but then when I realized the hood, any hood, they get crazy during the summer.
Speaker 2: Is it is it always like that? It's a national thing too.
Speaker 4: But like you said, it's like it's like summertime year round in California because it don't it get cold now, No.
Speaker 2: Don't get me wrong. It get cold at night at night. Yeah, but.
Speaker 4: That next day it's like, shit, you got eighty degrees, seventy five eighty degrees, and it's like motherfuckers pull on their top back, you know. And every it seemed like every like you said, every time, when summer comes, that's when the violence and ships start and it and it it's just.
Speaker 5: I really don't understand that ship. Like, I'm just gonna be real.
Speaker 4: I'm like, damn, every time, every before the holidays and when before summer start is when all the ships start.
Speaker 5: You know, It's like, damn, this is some crazy ship.
Speaker 2: Boosy said that he feels Los Angeles is particular it's the most dangerous place for a rap Yeah you agree with that, Yeah, I do, Yeah, I do.
Speaker 1: It's it's it's because you will put You remember back in the days, you used to go to a neighborhood and you was a rapper, they would praise you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the police wouldn't even pull you over.
Speaker 6: So they still do that.
Speaker 5: It's just you know who you are.
Speaker 4: It depends on you know, if you like, if you want of these motherfuckers out there.
Speaker 5: You know, step the thug and they gonna teest your nuts. But if you just a motherfucker just doing your ship telling your story that nigga dope that you know, motherfuckers you coming, you could do whatever you want to do in l A and have a great time.
Speaker 1: I look at Nipsey and I don't look at I don't know what life story, but I didn't look at nip If nip was was still a part of the life.
Speaker 2: I know he was going back to that.
Speaker 5: But it was like, damn if you do damn if you don't like like that was like a devastating blow Mega.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, because he he was.
Speaker 5: He was I say, like like Tupac said, the last of a dying breed, you know what I mean? Because he he he was.
Speaker 4: He was bringing that ship that that he was doing it in the new era like we was doing when we wanted everybody to know who he was and what was about and telling our story.
Speaker 5: So he was the last of a darn breed. You know, you ain't hurting nobody else. That was giving it, putting it out there like that, pushing it like that.
Speaker 4: As far as new artists, these these motherfuckers now just they don't percosets and syrup and guns and ship like.
Speaker 5: This and the what fuckers all that ship?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 4: But I mean, I like, don't get me wrong, I ain't hating on the young era. I like a lot of the young ship. I listened to that ship. You know, as the producer, you have to keep your ear to the street.
Speaker 5: But it's just.
Speaker 4: A lot of that ship is it ain't no structure, right, you know, his ship was structured. You know, it was structured, and he was giving you game along with a movie, along with having fun at the same time and to party all in one just like we did.
Speaker 2: Same ship he was.
Speaker 4: He brought that element to the new era, to the younger you know, and that that that was a big blow.
Speaker 2: And one thing I noticed about me, like you know, obviously New Yorker, and you know when I go to the l A, I go to.
Speaker 5: Certain people show Nord this ship is all the same man I went, I.
Speaker 1: Went to and I went to ny I'm being honest. When I went to a Nipsey show, that was the first time I had seen Mexicans come out like because for a long time ago.
Speaker 2: Lauren, Yeah, yeah, my Mexicans had loved me, Dad king Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know what I'm trying to say. What I'm trying to say is like it would always be one sided. Like if I was to go see a Mac Tin show, I expect to see people for him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, far a certain look certain you know what I mean. Now, the Mexicans support everything.
Speaker 1: Hold on, hold on, I'm outside of looking at talking about that's the first time I saw it where I saw every gang. It wasn't crips, it wasn't just bloods, it wasn't it was it was across every day. When I went to show, I snuck in there and I was like, Holy, this is the whole LA.
Speaker 4: Was gonna get that with every whatever yardists out in l A. That's just how how, how how it is in LA. You know, every race support that hip hop culture to the max. And if you get that, I'm telling you, no matter who it is, you're gonna get that in l A. And I love I love my Mexican Uh big family out of l A. They they that's that's I got. I got nieces and nephews is Messican and black. You know it's people be trying to separate this that and it all that politics, ship, that jail ship, all that ship, fuck all of that. We the same motherfucker. We all and going through the same ship. What is all this this over here politics?
Speaker 5: I don't like.
Speaker 2: I don't get into that ship.
Speaker 4: And I got like I said, I got nieces and nephews black in Mexican, all my folks like you know, as well as New York ship.
Speaker 2: I love New York.
Speaker 5: When I came out just to see so many.
Speaker 4: Different Dominicans and poor Porto Ricans and Cubas and African African people from Africa and just how many Haitians did everybody else? And you know, I'm serious, all of that just was like that was that b that is hip hop? That what is hip hop?
Speaker 6: I was?
Speaker 4: I love New York. I fell in love like this is this is really nice? And going to the lounges. I used to like going to the lounges. Chris Lighty kind of turned me on to that. Chris Lighty. Uh My boy Derek L.
Speaker 2: Like was violator. I was signed records or management violater r A L violator.
Speaker 5: Labels. That was with Chris Lighty. That was my guy. Chris was my god.
Speaker 4: He was riding with me, ups and downs, I'm bailing me out of jail, all kind of ship.
Speaker 5: When he first came out to see me perform.
Speaker 4: I went to jail right in front of the slam same same one of the I think one of the Winds was with me too.
Speaker 5: We both went to jail.
Speaker 4: Motherfucker's tripping in front of the club with one of my other homeboys being a hot head. I run to the trunk, hopped that motherfucker open, reaching once again the man, that's just how you had to live back then.
Speaker 5: And so I did that and the.
Speaker 4: Dude, I ain't gonna blast where he was from or whatever, but he's like, he got a gun.
Speaker 5: That was the second time that happened to me. He said he got a gun.
Speaker 4: So after what I was busted red handed with the trunk open, they took my ass, put me in the car, put me in the twin in the car.
Speaker 5: As soon as we.
Speaker 4: Got in that motherfucker one officer got over here and me and him right here, that motherfucker just.
Speaker 2: Said boom with the stick boom were hitting the corner boom.
Speaker 4: Just fucking us up, and uh, the twin got out. But they sent me over to this It was a spot called the Glasshouse in downtown l A.
Speaker 5: And uh, that was my first time there.
Speaker 4: I'd been to the County, but I had never been to the Glasshouse, and that was a different experience. It was kind of dormy, but they made us eating a dark asshole with the door shut. It was dark as fuck, this nasty ass food. Chris came and bailed me out that motherfucker. I walked out of that motherfucker. I looked up in the sky like shit, I ain't never kept back to this motherfucking no more. And I've been clean along with some It was some other things I went through where I was supposed to go to jail, but you know, they gave me a second chance.
Speaker 5: I had joint suspension. That was just like being a gee so and that also that changed my life because, like he said, you a gun told motherfucker. At that time, I had to be like that because it was so many niggas getting killed and all the death ro shit, the death ro shit.
Speaker 2: Don't get me wrong, I was down with that shit.
Speaker 4: But at the same time, niggas was trying to get at me, trying to get at me. So I'm gonna stay on deck with mine, you know, because like I said, I had, I had homeboys. I don't want to mes their names, bloods warning them niggas is on you. They own some different ship. Stay on point that. Let me know, nigga, they gonna they trying to they trying to blaze you, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So I had to be on point. I had.
Speaker 4: I had goons too, you know, back then, you know, with all that ship. I wasn't on the goon ship like sicken niggas on time. I wasn't protected, but I had to be protective and that was the price I had to pay for being protected. I'm gonna protect my life and whoever with me and around me because if motherfucker's coming up tripping, I'm blasting.
Speaker 5: Fuck that I'm blasting.
Speaker 1: So let me ask you, So, how was that energy like leading up to Tupac step Because where was you at like when you got that call, Because like I said, I was, I was like the first serious like.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Yeah, this the call, shit about it is?
Speaker 4: I'd called Snoop, I said, Snoop, I said, because I was at that time, I was single. Uh the girl I was, what, I just broke up with her, And so I had my house, you know, I had a house to myself.
Speaker 5: Like, shit, nigga, I'm a bachelor, nigga, what's up, Snoop?
Speaker 2: Come over?
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: I'm just over here watching the fight. I invite a gang of people over gonna barbecue. He was like, fuck that shit, I'm going to Vegas with tupacting them. They going out to Vegas for the fight. So I was like, damn, nigga, you don't never kick it with me. Shit, nigga, you you know, moving around. So a couple of hours went by in the house, just getting everything ready, went to the store, got every start getting stuff ready. Heard a horn honking in front of my house. So I looked up at the house. Excuse me, y'all. I looked out the house and Snoop was outside in a white motherfucking Rose Royce with the peanut butter inside.
Speaker 5: It was clean, with the top down. I was like, nigga, that's your shit. He was like, yeah, nigga, this is my shit.
Speaker 2: And he pulled up. He surprised me, said rhyme and just wanting. He straight surprised.
Speaker 5: He straight surprised me, and so we you know, he came and hung with me, hung out.
Speaker 2: He let me draw that motherfucker.
Speaker 4: I was like, damn, even though I had I had a six hundred, but he let me draw that Bentley. They won't to Bentley was Ro's voice. Let me draw that motherfucker. And we're just having a good time, barbecue and having fun, and the fight was coming on. He came to fuck with me for the fight instead of going to Vegas. So he never went to He never went to Vegas. He didn't go off top. So we watched the fight. We're doing everything, watching the fight, having a good time. We was hanging out, you know, some females and shit around. They was hanging out, everybody killing and just having a good time, you know, just and then he got a you know, just like like a gang of homies, gang of homegirls.
Speaker 5: And then it's like then he had the next tail back then remember the mother.
Speaker 4: I don't I don't know what what kind of next tail he had, but he had the mother the fucking could go that whatever it was, it was hitting him all the way from what was going on from Vegas.
Speaker 5: So he was they was like, we could hear the ship.
Speaker 4: And then he started getting calls and ship and they was telling him that Tupac got shot and da da da and this, so snoop, we I kicked everybody. I'll get the fuck out of everybody, get out of here, and he took off. That's when he went to Vegas to go see him, to get out there to see what was going on. And that's when he went out there, when he went to the hospital. But I had if I wouldn't have talked to him and and and got him to come over to my house, he probably would have been right there in the car with them, yep, and been shot too as well.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: But that I talked to him, you know, I talked to him, and uh, you know, I didn't think he was gonna come. But he can surprised the ship out of me.
Speaker 1: Because I see a lot of people say that that that was like the downfall of death role like like like like meeting meaning the getting involved in too much gang politics.
Speaker 2: Was that something that affected you as well?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 4: Well, shit, it didn't affect me, just far as I didn't affect me because I was doing my thing with you know, we was in a whole nother We were doing a whole other thing, right. But I think that that was the start of the downfall, you know because right after that then should went to jail for what three four years, three to five or something like that. He went to jail for a minute, and shit just started going downhill, Like this ship started going downhill.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 4: I wasn't around and all up in it to really you know, going to detail of how it was going downhill, but all the stuff that we were seeing going on, it was like, oh, this ship is folding, you know, niggas getting killed and motherfuckers like it was.
Speaker 5: It was a gang of shit going on.
Speaker 2: But because it went from like I remember me compare to Depth Jam.
Speaker 1: I remember me going to Depth Jam and me feeling like a sign of relief because I had to be in the hood.
Speaker 2: I didn't have to be on the block.
Speaker 1: I had to sell drugs or whatever, and I would be in and in the record label. I still could roll dice, I still would get my haircut, I still buy weed, but it was it was safe.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Like I remember, like like I said, me hearing the stories in the beginning of the death Rods.
Speaker 2: Uh and you guys having a sanctuary.
Speaker 1: And I know I kind of asked you this a little bit earlier, but do you remember like when you just like besides you having your own thing, do you remember when it like it sorted sort of changing where it's just like I know we said the money earlier, but like you know, because the studio is a creative space.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so.
Speaker 1: I remember me hearing like there was dogs in the studio, like pit bulls and.
Speaker 2: All of that. All that ship was in it was it was some crazy ship but depth.
Speaker 4: But it's it started changing the more new motherfuckers came to be on the team as far as Shug team, and you got different influences and people influence and Shug to where it was like making him think that he was like a super dup gangsters. So he started moving in a gangster way instead of he forgot about the business part. He was still shark with the business. Now, don't get me wrong, he's shark with the business. But it started that that gang element started taking over that business.
Speaker 2: Yes, so.
Speaker 4: That's when shit started going going left, you know, instead of just strictly sticking to this just saying look, I'm gonna I want you niggas to learn this ship that I'm gonna teach aull so you guys to start businesses.
Speaker 2: Not go kill or not not. I don't mean kill. I'll take that back and I killed, but go.
Speaker 4: And not to go and beat motherfuckers up and us going around terrorizing. Right, Let's do it like this, and that would have prevented a lot of that ship making these motherfuckers in the businessman instead of them making you into a gangster.
Speaker 5: And it went the other way instead of it that way.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean. You have a relationship with HARRYO.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Harry Oh was my guy, yes and d. I used to talk to him when I was a pup as well. I probably was.
Speaker 2: He was like the original owner of Defro.
Speaker 4: I don't know all of them the facts, yeah, but I know I used to talk to him. He was actually he was locked up with with uh my homeboy baby big fave.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 4: They was they were sellings and was that T I N B C and Uh. I used to talk to him on the phone, you know as a young kid. He used to always tell me, like one, you need to get into real estate. I would never really I was listening to nothing. He was talking about. I had a little bit of cheese. I didn't have a lot of that hundred million that I've seen, but I had some.
Speaker 6: I was.
Speaker 2: And real estate the nineties.
Speaker 4: Always wow, real estate, real estate, real estate, and do it. I'm gonna tell y'all this.
Speaker 2: I ain't. Don't, I don't.
Speaker 5: I ain't told nobody this one. But I ain't. You know, but but this, but back in the day, I'm not gonna lie. I used to. I used to, Uh, I don't know if I should tell this or this, but back in the day, you know, back then it's old.
Speaker 4: Now I mean it's old news. Everything he out and now everybody's moving.
Speaker 2: But I used to I used to.
Speaker 4: I used to grab the paper bags, uh, like money that he was sending. I used to grab the paper bags from another cat that uh that I knew. I used to grab the paper bags like bags, but like that money all in all that motherfuckers they was like this, and I used to take them and I would put him in the in the in the closet, and I.
Speaker 5: Mean that I put it in my pocket. Wasn't that wasn't and everything that that's it.
Speaker 2: I wasn't because I was like, ship, these niggas will kill me if I took ship. But that was it.
Speaker 4: There was bread back then, you know. So when he said that, he was like, shit, he I've seen it, you know, you know I've seen that part.
Speaker 5: But that you know, that was it, you know.
Speaker 4: But I just wish everything would have could work out, would have worked out for everybody where because both of them dudes, him and Shug both sharp business wise, and if they would have been able to keep they ship together and not fall out, and them niggas will probably be the biggest ship right now, the end of the period right now because they both sharp, they both sharp.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's talk about smoking me out. How did this record come about? And did you did you smoke with the brothers?
Speaker 2: Brian?
Speaker 5: Did Bron smoke with us?
Speaker 2: Uh? Well we we Uh? I forgot you know.
Speaker 4: I was a fan of Ron Osley and and uh it came about through Renee and Angela.
Speaker 2: Remember Renee and Angela? What was it your man u? And uh?
Speaker 5: They uh?
Speaker 4: They the ones made that connection for me because I was cool with Renee and Angela.
Speaker 5: We was real cool.
Speaker 4: Renee was involved in the Michael Jackson. Uh, situation that I was involved in. As far as doing production, I did like four records for Michael Jackson. They never came out, but I did like four records for him. Mattie, matt.
Speaker 2: Yeah like that. I'm serious. I wish I could get the tapes. You. You wasn't in the store in the studio with him.
Speaker 5: We wasn't in the It was me.
Speaker 4: It was me Renee, and uh what was the white dude with the with the beer kind of Bruce Williams Bruce Wood ain't Bruce Whedon with Dean bruce woodin and uh we wasing that motherfucker. I did all kinds of music for him. I even I even told him told them to tell him the idea of because he was getting beat up by the press. So I told him, you guys need to tell him to make a song firing back at the press of beating him up. This wasn't about none of that ship later on. This was just they was battering, battling.
Speaker 2: I forgot what it was.
Speaker 4: They was battering him about something, so I said, get back at they asked. I told Renee and Bruce them to tell him this is what they need to do to get back out get back at him and talk yo ship.
Speaker 5: Don't let him just down you talk yo ship. But I met him.
Speaker 4: You met at Record one before Drey owned the Record one. I met him at Record one and he came out, was like, hey, what's up.
Speaker 2: Warning. It wasn't none of that, none of that ship. It was it was like, hey, what's going on?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 5: Like not not.
Speaker 2: He wasn't like this rumors that he was in but he was. He was like the morning it was like. It wasn't that, It wasn't that.
Speaker 5: It was a regular nigga like Michael, Mike cool cool, just like what he was like, I love your music.
Speaker 2: I love what you're doing.
Speaker 4: The music that you said I really like is dope. He was telling me all this because I wanted to meet him. I'm like, ship, I need to meet Michael. I'm in here with y'all, but I need to meet Michael. And they made it happen, and uh, that was that tripped me out because that that was like some ship that once in a lifetime type ship, like a mother in your wildest dreams, you never thought that you would be able to get in there with Michael Jackson Like I was.
Speaker 5: I was fucked up.
Speaker 4: Like god damn. And that made me say, ship, you know what I'm in this motherfucker. I need to get down and just I got to produce. I'm producing. I'm trying to do everything. How about Prince?
Speaker 2: You ever make Prince?
Speaker 4: I met Prince Prince the same way, cool nigga, cool Prince straight gi you gag At the Beverly Hills Hotel, he did a show.
Speaker 5: He did a private show.
Speaker 2: The Beverly Hills Hotel. That's some one of the poll a little lounge on right along.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he did a private show and I got a chance to chop it up with him. Man, cool nigga. Then as me, he had on for shit. He was you know, I was just fan, you know, you know you know what I sampled?
Speaker 2: Uh uh uh.
Speaker 4: Darling Nikki, me and Nate Dog. I'm gonna try once I once I download all my adaphs digital, I'm gonna bring that record back out. It was a song up sample we redid.
Speaker 2: Ben up Ben up ben.
Speaker 5: Ben uh and uhump and then they said once new little bitch name.
Speaker 2: Man, he made that that that that.
Speaker 5: But he was doing the same ship that uh the way Prince was saying it, Wow, whoa and uh, god damn if I wish I had motherfucker right now.
Speaker 2: You didn't play it for Prince.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 5: We we had to get the sample clear.
Speaker 2: Oh you got it clear?
Speaker 10: Fuck No, Look but look he said, uh he said uh, he said uh, he said, Uh.
Speaker 4: I forgot his lawyer name, but he said that I think it was huh mcmilland was Londell.
Speaker 2: That was his lawyer, and uh he owned a sauce.
Speaker 5: The only way he would clear is if I would Uh.
Speaker 1: You picked the minsla. Huh, you picked the sauce over accesself. So he's gonna see this. The only way he would do it fly him in the store and take him there.
Speaker 4: He's the only way that uh he would do it is if I flew to Minnesota to sit down and meet with him.
Speaker 5: But I was on some old young wild ship.
Speaker 2: I ain't getting ready to go sit down with that nigga. What do you want to sit down with me? Folk?
Speaker 4: So I was like, I ain't doing that ship when I should have been thinking. And when sat with this nigga and got that record clear, just sat with him and chopped it up with him, because he pretty much was like a fan of me and I didn't know it, but I thought he was just on some other ship. I hold up, I'm not getting ready to go sit down with you know. So so I was just like, you know what, I fucked up, but I just had to redo. I redid the record, just.
Speaker 2: Like you got to be Prince, got to be big easy, Anita Baker a game.
Speaker 4: But yes, a lot of a lot of motherfuckers like this one of you know what was special to me meeting Michael McDonald. Uh, that was that was special to me because I had Uh, I never had a chance to really meet him, but he had was performing at a casino not too far from where I lived. I said, God damn. I told my wife, I said, ship were going to that motherfucker. So I went and bought front row tickets. And when I got there, I seen a dude like coming from so.
Speaker 2: I said, hey, come here.
Speaker 5: I said, look, tell Michael McDonald, Warren G is here and I want to meet him like that, you know, one of his guys.
Speaker 4: So they told him what was up, and uh, they grabbed me from the crowd. A lot of the motherfuckers in there didn't even know I was didn't know I was Warring G. Because they was older, so they don't really know who I am. So he took me back there. I got it on film too. I never blasted it, but he took me. I went, excuse me, Ill went back there and just met him for the first time.
Speaker 2: He hugged me.
Speaker 4: And was like, thank you, man, and you know for redoing that record. You know that changed, you know, changed his life a lot. And him and the Dubie brothers they still getting a check and uh, he said, you know what, he said that my son don't even like my My motherfucker, he said, you know the record you did, he like your record. He don't even listen to my like he like he thinked that my ship was before his ship.
Speaker 5: So I was like, god damn.
Speaker 4: And he was just like Warring like I said, He was like, Warren, I just want to thank you for you know, redoing the music and making it bigger than we did, you know.
Speaker 2: And uh and uh he was like he was like that that that was that was you know. He hugged him again, like man. I was like.
Speaker 4: Again, like man, it was just it's just an honor to meet you, man, and just you know, just let you know, thank you for your music. You know for for you bringing that. You know, that's the same with what like a lot of people don't know I did uh leave you alone? I don't know, man, she said, you ain't no good with Neo and Jesu a.
Speaker 2: Nigga.
Speaker 4: Jeezy once pulled up. He pulled up, he said, he said one he threw Uh. I met him through my homeboy hit Man and uh In Fast A big fav and hit Man is the ones that got at me about sitting down with him because at first I was just like, I ain't getting ready to sit down ship, I'm cool, but I did.
Speaker 2: I went up to he was doing a video for the record You did sit down with Prince sat down with Gesus.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he'd be out.
Speaker 4: Progressing some records for him and he picked the ones that he liked and he was like, I'm gonna get back at you. So I thought the nigga took him was just bullshit me. And about a couple of months went by, we was it was it was around December, right around Christmas time, somewhere around at him and Kevin Laws called me screaming and hollering at the timperating.
Speaker 5: Love whoa we got oligger?
Speaker 2: We go there, there's gonna be more single we go want I'm like, try, huh, what's going on? Call said, this is the first single for the record.
Speaker 5: So they started playing the motherfucker. I can't hardly hear ship.
Speaker 2: I just know what's playing in the background.
Speaker 3: Like you know.
Speaker 4: It was his first single and that turned out to be one of his biggest records today too, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So, you know, much love to Jeez.
Speaker 4: Forgiving me that opportunity, and much love the big big favorite hit man for bringing the ship to me, the scrap carving, everybody that was that was around, uh even little Sodie Rest in peace, he was even around that of that whole thing back then. And uh, man, that ship was it was just it was just just a trip, man, just to be able to to to meet and meet a lot of good people.
Speaker 2: Man, you got a great career, man. Yeah, yeah, Man, what did you think about.
Speaker 1: Doctor Dre's and all of them half time performance?
Speaker 5: I thought it was great.
Speaker 2: Want to be a part of you. God damn right.
Speaker 5: I was later than.
Speaker 4: But I wasn't like lashing out at him like you know, certain people was lashing out and ship like that.
Speaker 2: But I was kind of pissed off.
Speaker 4: I wish you would have put me in there, you know, Nigga, we sandbox, Nigga. I should have been in there. Regulated is one of the biggest hip hop singles in hip hop history. I should have been in there, and I'm I'm down with you, nigga, So it should have been in there.
Speaker 2: But you know, I ain't.
Speaker 5: Let me stop. I ain't tripping, you know, but it should have been in there. You know, Ship, it's worn man, ship warn nigga. Ship that used to.
Speaker 2: Ride God bless. If Nate Dogg was alive to.
Speaker 4: We would have been in there. I'm sure we would have been in there. We would have been in there. We could have did a little meley, you know. But it's all good. I ain't tripping. I still, you know, I still had a good time. Even though I wasn't down on the field and around everything. I was in the crowd, but I still had a good time. The sports motherfucker They're.
Speaker 2: Like, why you not down? Why you not down?
Speaker 5: I said, Ship, I've been calling these motherfuckers down shop, nobody answering phones and nothing.
Speaker 4: I'm like, you know what, all right, fucking I'm out And I left that motherfucker. But I've seen that performance. It was a dope performance and I enjoyed it. It was dope, but regulation should have been in that motherfucker. And I ain't bitter about it. Let me get that off the record. I ain't bitter. It was the other motherfucker that was bitter.
Speaker 5: Ship.
Speaker 4: I'm like, shit, I'm warm, motherfucking gee. I ain't tripping ship. These motherfuckers love me too, Ship shots.
Speaker 2: There's anything else you want to say before you get about it here?
Speaker 5: Should uh.
Speaker 4: You know much love to you know it, appreciate, yes, being much loved right him to death, providing a really good platform.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: That that and it's and it's real and you know, and I don't feel nervous or out of pocket or you know.
Speaker 2: Nice. Sorry for cutting you off, but will let you know that this is our platform. We made this nice. I mean, that's what I mean to say this like we made this for our old g's.
Speaker 1: I can't stand when the people have so much time and they have more than ten years in this game, and they want.
Speaker 2: To call us old school. You know that there's no such thing as old school.
Speaker 1: And you know, a jazz there's no such thing as old school and fucking rock and roll. There's no we're the only people who call ourselves and I don't want to.
Speaker 2: I ain't old school. I'm seizing, motherfucker.
Speaker 5: You never and let me tell you something.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you something.
Speaker 1: If you take, if you take your little if you take your girlfriend right now, and you put your girlfriend Thanksgiving dinner against Grandma's Thanksgiving dinner, I'm not you.
Speaker 2: I bet you you gonna eat Grandma's left over that little young person. Don't disrespect don't know how to season them great.
Speaker 13: You don't know how to stuff that goddamn turkey, don't know how to come the goddamn Grandberry salt your ass keep going. Look look at young Motherbuckers. Though none of you niggas wear Kyrie Irvitz, none of you niggas wear j M. Lawrence Maron's. Don't none of you niggas wear Lebron's. You niggas wear y'allnis. So don't ever disrespect the.
Speaker 1: Seasoned nigga, a classical nigga.
Speaker 2: And you do not be out here looking good still. God damn.
Speaker 3: Drink Champs is a Drink Champs LLC production in association with Interval Presents hosts and executive producers n O r E and d j e f N from Interval Presents executive producers Alan Coy and Jake Klimb.
Speaker 2: Listen to Drink Champs on.
Speaker 11: Apple Podcast, Amazon Music, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Thanks for joining us for another episode of Drink Champs hosted by Yours Truly, dj EFN and n O r E. Please make sure to follow us on all our socials That's at Drink Champs across all platforms at the Real Noriagon ig at Noriega on Twitter, mine is at Who's Crazy on ig at dj e f N on Twitter, and most importantly, stay up to date with the latest releases, news and merch by going to drink Champs dot com